The Most Beautiful Woman In The World by Kibbs1709
Summary: Gibbs confesses his feeling of Kate to Abby. Tony can't help himself.
Categories: Gibbs/Kate Characters: Abby Sciuto, Anthony DiNozzo, Kate Todd, Leroy Jethro Gibbs
Genre: Humor, Romance
Pairing: Gibbs/Kate
Warnings: None
Challenges:
Series: None
Chapters: 1 Completed: Yes Word count: 727 Read: 2484 Published: 05/23/2009 Updated: 05/23/2009
The Most Beautiful Woman In The World by Kibbs1709
Author's Notes:
Gibbs confesses his feeling of Kate to Abby. Tony can't help himself.
“You know, Gibbs, I think she has the hots for you.”

“Abby.”

“What? You see the way she looks at you. More importantly, I see the way you look back.”

Gibbs and Abby sat in the office of her forensic lab while Abby tapped on the side of her Caf-Pow. She twirled around in her stool while Gibbs sat at her desk leaning back with his eyes closed. He had been trying to stay away from the director all day and felt Abby’s lab was the safest place.

“Abby. You really don’t know what you’re talking about.”

“Gibbs. Please. You can talk to me. I know you know that Kate is my best friend, but you know I can keep a secret. Just… just confirm whether or not it’s true.”

He tossed his hands in the air. “Fine. What do you want to know?”

“Do you like her?”

A large smile appeared on his face. “I don’t know.”

“Ha, right Gibbs. That smile is definitely one of a man who is unsure.” She stood from her chair and threw her hands down on her desk pretending to interrogate him. “Gibbs. Do you, or do you not have feelings for Kate?” Her interrogation face wasn’t holding and she couldn’t help but giggle lightly in amusement to herself.

“Maybe… Yes. Yes I do. Are you happy now Abbs?”

“Quite so. Are you going to tell her?” She sat back down on her stool.

“Ha, now you’re kidding. Could you imagine me walking up to her?” He stood up and walked around the desk facing Abby. “Oh, hi Kate, I know I’m your boss, and I’m probably about twenty years older than you, but I really like you and I was wondering if you’d like to go out for dinner sometime. I think you’re the most beautiful woman I have ever set my eyes on and there is nothing I want more than to hold you in my arms and be able to feel my lips against yours.”

Abby was shocked, not only by Gibbs’ sudden outburst and admittance of his admiration for Kate, but at the sight in which was before her. Gibbs stared at her, waiting for some kind of reply, some kind of reaction, but all he saw was Abby sitting there, mouth gaping in trepidation.

“What Abby?” She barely managed to raise her arm and point off behind Gibbs. “What?” He turned around quickly to see Kate standing in the doorframe of the main lab to Abby’s office. Her mouth opened in shock. “Uh…hi Kate.”

Kate started to smile, a silent laugh almost, and she managed to bring her hand up and wave.

“I’m going to safely assume for the sake of argument that you heard everything. With that said, I am going to walk away now and we can pretend like this never happened.”

He walked past Kate to the elevator. He hit the up button with anticipation and haste. It made no matter because Kate’s steps were right behind him. Without turning around he sighed. “Kate, I really don’t know what to say.”

“I think you said quite enough already.”

“That’s an understatement.” He turned around to find that her face was close to his as she leaned up on her toes. “Hi.”

She positioned her hands against his chest, leaning warmly against him. “What you said.”

“Listen, I’m sorry. I don’t want to have to put you in that position.”

“No, just listen.” She pushed her index finger against his lips. “What you said was perfect.” She replaced her finger with her lips causing him to hum lightly with the comfort of her lips against his. “I want you to know that I feel the same way about you.”

“You think I’m the most beautiful woman you ever set eyes on?”

She quirked her mouth upwards and sighed. “Yes, I think you’re the most beautiful woman in the entire world.”

They were both unaware that the elevator doors had opened and even more so oblivious that Tony was standing there.

With the sight before him, his smirk grew large and finally brought word to his lips, “I think you’re the most beautiful woman in the world, too, boss.”
This story archived at http://www.ncisfiction.com/viewstory.php?sid=3166