Treated Differently by ncisabbylover
Summary: This is basically a fanfic explaining why Gibbs treats Abby differently to everyone else.
Categories: Gen Characters: Abby Sciuto, Leroy Jethro Gibbs
Genre: Drama, Friendship
Pairing: None
Warnings: None
Challenges:
Series: None
Chapters: 3 Completed: No Word count: 6916 Read: 4174 Published: 04/16/2007 Updated: 06/03/2007
Story Notes:
As with alot of the fanfics I haven't posted yet this one ends with the need for continuation. If you have any ideas of what Abby should do please drop me a line.

1. Treated Differently by ncisabbylover

2. Chapters 2-5 by ncisabbylover

3. Chapter 6-10 by ncisabbylover

Treated Differently by ncisabbylover
Author's Notes:
This is basically a fanfic explaining why Gibbs treats Abby differently to everyone else.
It had been another slow day at NCIS. Full of paperwork and the like. Sometime throughout the day a rubber band war broke out in the squad room. It ended pretty quickly and left McGee with a few large bruises. Now it was early evening and Gibbs was going down to pick Abby up.

*Earlier that day*

“Hey Abs.” Gibbs greeted as he entered the lab.
“Gibbs,” Abby said running up and hugging him, “I need to ask you something.”
“Shoot.”
“Well today has been really slow without an active case and all and I got bored with my model of the civil war so I decided to relax and just think for a while. My mind drifted a bit and ended I ended up thinking about Kate which somehow led to relationships. “Abby was interrupted
“What’s the question Abby?” Gibbs asked in a tone containing a confusing mix of curiosity, concern, and annoyment.
“Well, why do you treat me so different to everyone else? You didn’t even treat Kate like you do me. In fact you treated her a little differently to DiNozzo but let’s not go there.” Abby burst out rather quickly and it took Gibbs a few seconds to process what she had said.
“What you say we go out to dinner tonight and I’ll tell you then?”
“Sounds good to me.” With that Gibbs left. He had entirely forgotten the reason he had come down in the first place.

*Back to present*

“Ready to go, Abs?” Gibbs asked entering the lab.
“Yep just let me get my coat.” Abby went over to her coat rack and grabbed it off the wall. Gibbs walked her out to the parking lot but instead of taking her to her car they headed towards his.
“Let’s go in my car it’s easier and if you need me to I’ll pick you up for work tomorrow.”
“Okay sure.” Abby said as Gibbs opened the door for her.
They had already ordered and received their meals before Gibbs started talking on the topic.
“Abby this is a really long story with a really important ending so I need you to just listen for a while, is that okay with you?” Gibbs asked a bit jumpy but unsure as of why.
“Yep sure.” Abby said as she started eating and Gibbs started the story taking bites of his meal in between talking.
“19 years ago when I was still in the corps I was serving in Kuwait and I was put into a coma by a bomb blasting. When I woke up I was informed that my wife Shannon had been murdered and that my daughter Kelly was in witness protection with a new name and new parents. I was told that I wasn’t allowed to see her or talk to her. She had traumatic amnesia that she hadn’t recovered from. Well 5 years ago I was told that the risk had gone but if I wanted Kelly back I needed to tell her the story and get her to believe me.”
“Gibbs…” Abby whispered.
“I was told my daughters new name, address, family’s name, where she went to school, where she worked, everything.” Abby interrupted again,
“Okay I don’t mean to be rude or interrupt but what has this got to do with me?”
“Abs, my daughter’s name is Abigail, she lived in New Orleans with a family called the Sciutos, and she went to college there and studied forensic science. She now works at NCIS and is the smartest person I’ve ever met.” Gibbs finished looking for a reaction from Abby.

AbbyLover
End Notes:
As with alot of the fanfics I haven't posted yet this one ends with the need for continuation. If you have any ideas of what Abby should do please drop me a line.
Chapters 2-5 by ncisabbylover
Author's Notes:
I was to lazy to put them up one at a time so here you are.
Chapter 1
Treated Differently

It had been another slow day at NCIS. Full of paperwork and the like. Sometime throughout the day a rubber band war broke out in the squad room. It ended pretty quickly and left McGee with a few large bruises. Now it was early evening and Gibbs was going down to pick Abby up.

*Earlier that day*

"Hey Abs." Gibbs greeted as he entered the lab.
"Gibbs," Abby said running up and hugging him, "I need to ask you something."
"Shoot."
"Well today has been really slow without an active case and all and I got bored with my model of the civil war so I decided to relax and just think for a while. My mind drifted a bit and ended I ended up thinking about Kate which somehow led to relationships. "Abby was interrupted
"What's the question Abby?" Gibbs asked in a tone containing a confusing mix of curiosity, concern, and annoyment.
"Well, why do you treat me so different to everyone else? You didn't even treat Kate like you do me. In fact you treated her a little differently to DiNozzo but let's not go there." Abby burst out rather quickly and it took Gibbs a few seconds to process what she had said.
"What you say we go out to dinner tonight and I'll tell you then?"
"Sounds good to me." With that Gibbs left. He had entirely forgotten the reason he had come down in the first place.

*Back to present*

"Ready to go, Abs?" Gibbs asked entering the lab.
"Yep just let me get my coat." Abby went over to her coat rack and grabbed it off the wall. Gibbs walked her out to the parking lot but instead of taking her to her car they headed towards his.
"Let's go in my car it's easier and if you need me to I'll pick you up for work tomorrow."
"Okay sure." Abby said as Gibbs opened the door for her.
They had already ordered and received their meals before Gibbs started talking on the topic.
"Abby this is a really long story with a really important ending so I need you to just listen for a while, is that okay with you?" Gibbs asked a bit jumpy but unsure as of why.
"Yep sure." Abby said as she started eating and Gibbs started the story taking bites of his meal in between talking.
"19 years ago when I was still in the corps I was serving in Kuwait and I was put into a coma by a bomb blasting. When I woke up I was informed that my wife Shannon had been murdered and that my daughter Kelly was in witness protection with a new name and new parents. I was told that I wasn't allowed to see her or talk to her. She had traumatic amnesia that she hadn't recovered from. Well 5 years ago I was told that the risk had gone but if I wanted Kelly back I needed to tell her the story and get her to believe me."
"Gibbs…" Abby whispered.
"I was told my daughters new name, address, family's name, where she went to school, where she worked, everything." Abby interrupted again,
"Okay I don't mean to be rude or interrupt but what has this got to do with me?"
"Abs, my daughter's name is Abigail, she lived in New Orleans with a family called the Sciutos, and she went to college there and studied forensic science. She now works at NCIS and is the smartest person I've ever met." Gibbs finished looking for a reaction from Abby.

Chapter 2
Reaction
Abby just stared for a moment till it sunk in. She passed out landing on the floor of the restraunt.
"Abby?" Gibbs ran over to her. She slowly woke up.
"Hey, I just had the weirdest dream. You were in it and you told me you were my father." Abby said giggling as she sat up and Gibbs helped her onto a chair.
"Abs, I did just tell you that I am your father. You really name is Kelly Jenifer Gibbs. You went into witness protection when you were 11. "
"Why don't I remember?"
"You had severe traumatic amnesia from your mother's death and the car accident."
"Whoa." Abby said in awe, "This is a lot to take in. I'm not sure what to say."
"It's okay; you don't have to say anything. Just relax and take it in while you finish your dinner." Gibbs said understandingly.
For the rest of dinner they sat in silence. Abby was thinking and remembering times when she should have figured something was up. Like the time she was told she knew sign language but had just forgotten the same time she was in hospital when she was eleven she was told she had fallen out of a tree. Her whole life was flashing back in confusing sequences. Gibbs sat there studying Abby's face. When it started to get paler than usual he decided it was time to go home.
"Come on, Abs let's go home." He paid the bill and led Abby out the door. "I'll come by and pick you up tomorrow." Gibbs said as they approached his car.
"Can I… I mean…Would I be able to stay at your place instead? There are a few things I want to ask you." Abby asked.
"Umm sure, do you need anything from your place?" Gibbs asked
"Nah I'll sleep in this I have spare clothes in the lab." She answered returning to her usual self slowly.
Gibbs looked her up and down. "You are not going to sleep in a mini skirt with chains on it and a tight top with even more chains on it. I'll lend you one of my shirts… Actually no… I have a better idea." Gibbs said with a bit of mystery coloring his voice near the end.
"What?" Abby asked uncertainly.
"You'll see." Gibbs said and they drove the rest of the way to his place in silence. Abby once again thinking and questioning her childhood.
Chapter 3
The Box
As Gibbs pulled up into his drive-way he looked over at Abby. She was already asleep. Today had been a slow day but the evening was a very pressuring one. He picked her up and took her inside, placing her gently on the couch. He didn't want to wake her till he had the surprise out. He went down to his basement and rumaged through some old dusty boxes. "Yes." He murmered as he found what he was looking for. He took the box upstairs to wake Abby and show her what he found. To he surprise she was already awake sitting on the couch waiting for him.
"I knew it." She said as he came into sight.
"Knew what?" He asked slightly confused.
"I had a theory that if I acted like I was asleep you would carry me in. I was right. You are so sweet!" Abby exclaimed.
"Abs…" he laughed, "Anyway, look what I found." He opened the box and inside were clothes, lots of clothes.
"You have your mother's figure," He said gesturing to the clothes, he knew some of them where not going to be to Abby's taste but he also knew some were. "Your mother wasn't a goth but she liked to mix and match every color she could find with black. Said it made her look slimmer. Personally I don't think she needed to look any slimmer but ,hey"
"Wow," Abby said pulling out a long black dress. It was so beautiful. It would come down to just past her knees and was. Words couldn't discribe how beautiful it was. (a/n: okay so I'm taking the easy way out cause I don't know how to discribe it. Sue me.) Abby held it up to herself. It would fit perfectly and was totally Abby.
"That looks great, Abs." Gibbs said with at bit of a fathery tone in his voice, "Your mother bought that dress for her mothers funeral."
"I think I remember…"Abby said. "I think I remember what she looks like to. Did she have red hair and green eyes?" Abby asked.
"She did, she had eyes just like yours." Gibbs replied in a tone Abby had never heard before. She realized that he was remembering her too, he really did love her.
"Dad…" Abby said taking a moment to giggle at the fact that she was calling Gibbs dad, she liked it. So did he. "Can you tell me a story from when I was young, when we were all together?"
"Of course." Gibbs replied and started telling her a few short, simple, but beautiful stories about their family while Abby continued to rumage through the box.
Gibbs looked up at the clock after finishing his third story. It was almost midnight. " Come on Abs, you need some sleep so do I let's go to bed and we can talk about it more tomorrow."
" Fine." Abby said childishly as she picked up a pair of her mums old pajamas. They were a deep purple and had Felix the Cat on them. Gibbs helped her up and showed her where the spare bedroom was and the bathroom. He gave her a towel and then went into his room to get ready for bed himself.
Chapter 4
Abby got up the next morning when her phone's alarm went off. She looked at her phone 5am. It was, as always, way to early to be getting up but she liked to get in early. She looked around slightly disorientate for just the slightest second then she remembered what had happened the day before. "Wow," She thought out loud, "It wasn't a dream, it was all real." She got up and grabbed the towel Gibbs got out for her the night before. ‘I don't have any clothes to wear,' she thought to herself, then she remembered the elegant vintage dress that belonged to her mum. She picked it up carefully and went and had a shower.
"Hey Ab… Wow, that dress really suits you." Gibbs said his voice was becoming more fartherlike with every sentence he said to Abby.
"Coffee," was all Abby said still half asleep Gibbs handed her the mug that he had just poured.
"Hey, I was wondering what was Mum like? What kind of personality did she have?"
"Abs, you are just like her." He said and it was obvious once again that his mind was driffting to her memory. "She had a love of life, she was so energetic and treated everyday as though it was special just for her." He said and Abby could hear the love in his voice. (a/n:Can you hear love in someone's voice? I think you can) "We're gonna be late."Gibbs said looking at his watch.
"Okay, I ‘ll go get my things together." Abby said then ran upstairs. While she was busy doing that Gibbs went down stairs and pulled out an old tin. This was his memory tin. It sounded corny but it meant so much to him. It contained pictures of Kelly/Abby and Shannon, a bottle of Shannon's favorite perfume, Kelly/Abby's favorite childhood doll, and so much more. He was going to give it to Abby later today. He put it in the car glove box before she got in the car.
Abby arrived at the car after collecting her things. She could pack so much into one bag it somethimes toook her half an hour to find it all and put it back. They drove to work chatting about their life before Kuwait.
They arrived and Tony was already at his desk. "Why are you here so early?"
"Boiler blew in my apartment, again." Tony answered. (a/n:Bonus points if anyone can tell me what ep his boiler blew.) "I was wondering if I could…" He was interuppted.
"No can do DiNozzo." Gibbs said knowing what he was going to say.
"Why not, I stayed there last time my boiler blew?" Tony asked a little confused as to why Gibbs wouldn't let him stay at his place.
"Because the spare rooms taken." Gibbs said as though it was obvious.
"By who?" DiNozzo asked shocked.
"Me." Abby chirped up, she had been standing there all along.
"Why are you… ahhh," Tony started.
"Don't even think that DiNozzo. I'm staying there cause I want to spend some time with my dad." And with that Abby headed towards the elevator and went down to her lab leaving Tony speachless.
"I thought her parents lived in New Orleans?" Tony asked Gibbs. Before he could answer, not that he would have, his cell started to ring.
"We have a case. Gas the truck Tony I'll call Kate I'll brief you on the way."
They arrived at the cemetery to a grave that had been dug up. It wasn't just any grave though. It belonged to Shannon Gibbs.
Empty
"What the hell?" Tony asked after Gibbs had briefed him, "Why are we investigating a grave robbery?"
"Because the grave is that of a former marine dependant and that former marine wants NCIS to investigate it. He insisted." Gibbs said. He knew they would find out eventually but her would rather they find out without him having to tell them.
They pulled up at the site, the local police had already taped it off and stood back. Tony sketch and shoot, Kate talk to the local police and asked about witnesses. McGee… Where's McGee?" Gibbs hadn't noticed him missing till now.
"Well… he's working with Abby." Tony said with caution not wanted his boss to lash out at him.
"Why the hell is he working with Abby and not with us?"
"He's working on a cold case. They needed someone with computer knowledge." Gibbs rolled his eyes.
"Okay, back to work." Tony scurried off while Gibbs started looking for evidence.
"Gibbs, is there something on this case you're not telling us about?" Tony queeried looking at the headstone.
"Why," Gibbs asked not even looking at him.
"Well because this is the grave of Shannon Gibbs, and right next to it is the grave of Kelly Gibbs. Are they your sisters or something?" Tony said not catching onto the ages on the stones.
"How about we go with something and you read the whole headstone." Gibbs said.
Tony read Shannons stone, ‘Shannon Gibbs 1956-1988 Beloved wife, mother, and friend' Tony stood in shock for a second. "She was your… your,"
"Yeah Tony she was my wife. My first wife, she died when I was in Kuwait. We need to get back to work so let's just leave it there."
After some time they had everything they needed. "So we have a body buried ontop of coffin in that belongs to your wife." Kate said. Putting eveything together. In the back of the van they had the coffin, and all the other evidence they collected including soil samples and the head stones of both Kelly and Shannon. Shannon's was evidence and Kelly's well there was no point it being there.
"Gibbs, I was wondering why did you take Kelly's headstone? I mean it's not evidence, is it?" Tony knew Gibbs wasn't telling him something and he still hadn't worked it out. He had a feeling that Gibbs wouldn't tell him anyway but there was no harm in asking right? Well, with Gibbs there was always a risk in asking but that was beside the point.
"No Tony it's not evidence. My reasons are personal and am sure as hell not going to tell you." Gibbs was stubborn, he had given Tony the ‘it's personal' excuse before, it worked then and he was hoping it would work now. It did. Tony thought it best to leave it for a while. Abby might know something, he'd ask her when they got back. The drove the rest of the ride in silence, apart from Tony and Kate bickering once or twice on how far they had to go.
"Tony, take the evidence down to Abby. Don't be too long though I need you up here still." Tony walked into the elevator. He couldn't wait to find out. He just hoped Abby had some answers.
"Hey Abs,"
"Tony? Why you down here?" Abby obviously hadn't heard about the case yet. He informed her on the grave and gave her the small evidence to test and told her about the coffin that was going down to Ducky to open.
"Abs, do you know anything about Gibbs' wife Shannon?"
"A bit, but I can't talk now I'll tell you when you come down in about 12 hours for the test results."
Abby then walked swiftly out of the lab, into the elevator, and down to the morgue. Gibbs was already there.
"He Duck-man." Abby said, "I need to tell you something before you open that coffin."
"Yes Abby what is it." He had no clue what she was going to say but wasn't expecting it when it came.
"When I was eleven, my father left for a war in Kuwait, my mother died and I got traumatic amnesia. I was put into witness protection." Abby paused, she didn't know how to put everything so she just blurted it out, "Gibbs is my real father." Ducky just looked at her for a moment, he didn't know how to respond to it.
"Really… I… I have no idea what to say, for the first time in my life."
"Hey Duck, I know that this is sudden but can we discuss it after the case." Gibbs asked not wanting anything to interrupt this case.
"Of course but I do have one question. What does that have to do with the coffin?" Ducky asked still puzzled.
"That's my mother, Gibbs' first wife's coffin."
"oh.." Ducky said and looked down.
"Duck can we just do this, please."Gibbs was desperate, Ducky wasn't sure why. Mind you neither was Gibbs.
Gibbs put one arm aroud Abby's shoulder and grabbed her hand with the other. It was more for him than for her. Abby was strong, but still he didn't know how she would handle this.
Ducky got the crobar and opened the lid. "Oh no. What the hell?" The coffin was empty. She turned into Gibbs and gave him a hug, knowing that this would affect him more than her.
"Duck what do we have on the other body?"
"All I know so far is that it's female and she's been dead for around 5 years. I have dirt samples that I assume come from her first burial site."
Abby tooked the tests after giving Gibbs one final hug and left for her lab. Gibbs went up to the squad room. What the hell was happening.
A/N: okay so it's longer and a bit more interesting. Sorry to those who wanted to read Tony's reaction. You're gonna have to wait for chapter 6, *laughs evily* and you all know chapter 6 will come up much faster if you all review. Thanks once again to those who have reviewed so far. It's such a confidence boost and it's what keeps me writing. If there are any spelling errors in this it's because I'm a horrible speller and MW won't spell check and I don't know why.
End Notes:
I've been lacking motivation so if you want to see more please give me feedback or just let me know what you think or how it can be improved. thanks AbbyLover also if there are any authors notes you dont get its because it is also being posted on fanfiction.net
Chapter 6-10 by ncisabbylover
Author's Notes:
I cant remember whats where. Just a continuation I suppose. I know that at least Kate and McGee find out i think Tony aswell.
Chapter 6 Shannon
Ducky handed Abby a scraping to test for DNA and the dirt samples. She gave Gibbs a quick hug and left without a word.
"Gibbs, why didn't you tell me?"
"Duck, I was putting it behind me and I was trying not to think about it, I didn't tell anyone. I have to go chase leads." Gibbs said and left.
"What will I do with them?" Ducky asked no one in particular
Abby was back in her lab, she was running the DNA, soil samples and a couple of the other tests which were almost done. Tony came down to check on them.
"Hey Abs,"
"Tony, what's up?"
"Checking on the tests."
"Oh yeah ummm they'll be done in a sec." Abby said as she checked.
"Abby, do you know anything about this case, like anything to do with Shannon or Kelly Gibbs?"
"Umm yeah. I know quite a bit and would have really hoped that you would have caught on by now."
"Caught on? Wait, you said you were staying at Gibbs' to spend time with your father, you leve 15 minutes away from Gibbs. No… you, you, can't…" Tony stuttered in realization.
"Yeah Tony, I'm Kelly Jennifer Gibbs."
"I think I'm going to faint. Wait, so you are realated to the boss man?" Tony said in his usual boyish tone.
"Yep. Hey can you not tell Kate about this, I haven't gotten a chance to tell her, or McGee. So for now just keep it to yourself."
"Oh yeah sure." Tony said as he began to fit the pieces together in his mind. Gibbs' public displays of affection, of course he didn't know how long either of them had known, and taking the headstone. It was making so much sense. Abby distracted him from his thoughts though.
"Tony… Tony!"
"What?" He answered surprised.
"Here are the test results."
"Okay, thanks Abs." And he walked out. As soon as he was out of ear shot she called Gibbs and told him what Tony knew.
One of her machines beeped. The DNA results were done. She read the results and immediately called Gibbs down.
"What up?" Gibbs asked concerned at the tone of Abby's voice on the phone.
"I know who the woman is." Abby said looking down.
Gibbs walked over to her, cupped her face in his hands, and made her look up. "It's Shannon, isn't it?"
"Yeah." Abby said and started to cry. Gibbs pulled her into a hug. This was getting to much for her. She couldn't handle holding it inside anymore. Gibbs understood.
He pulled away slightly, "How about we go for lunch? I have something for you."
"Okay, let me get cleaned up." Abby sniffled, grabbing a moist face wipe and her coat.
A/N: sorry for all those who thought Tony's reaction would be more dramatic. I have an idea what the next chapters going to be like so I'll get onto it pretty much whenever I'm ready. Sorry for the short wait, I've been a bit busy and haven't had that many reviews to spure me on. So please review. Thanks and hope you enjoyed it. AbbyLover
Lunch
They arrived at the café. It wasn't anything fancy just an ordanary café. The sat and ordered and while they waited Gibbs pulled out a neatly wrapped box. "What is it?" Abby asked knowing that it was a stupid question and that she would have to open it and find out. Without waiting for a reply she started to carefully peel off the paper. The first glimpse of the box in the wrapping caught her eye. It was old and slightly rusted. As she pulled of more paper she started to see the picture that covered the box. It was a vintage Strawberry Shortcake box. (A/N This is what I imagine the lunch box to look like http://www.strawberry-shortcake.net/CollectorsInfo/Other/Lunchboxes.htm) As she pulled the last of the paper off she saw something written neatly in black marker, ‘Kelly Gibbs.' By this time their lunch had already arrived. "Gibbs… how long have you had this?"
"We bought it for you the day before you started kindergarten." Gibbs answered as both he and Abby started eating. "Open it." Gibbs instructed. She took another mouthful of her salad and then pressed the little button the opened it. Inside were pictures, jewlery, perfume, and a small Strawberry Shortcake doll.
"What is all this?" Abby asked although the answer was obvious. She pulled out a picture of herself, Gibbs and her mother.
"These things are my most pricless posessions. That perfume was your mothers favorite, and the pictures are the only ones I have left of you and her and us as a whole family. The doll was given to you when you came home from the hospital, and that locket… that locket…" Gibbs was starting to tear up. Abby had never seen him cry. She stood up and walked over to him and engulped him in a enormous bear hug.
"Come on Dad, let's go for a walk." Abby suggested, he nodded but didn't notice she had just called him dad and they left their half eaten meals and walked out. They walked down to a near by, man-made, lake and sat down on a bench. Abby opened the box again and pulled out the locket. She open it and nearly dropped it. On the left side was a picture of Shannon, Gibbs and herself as a newborn baby, not even a week old. On the right was the same picture except it was of her when she was older.
"We took a picture every year and put it in the right side of that locket," Gibbs said making Abby jump a bit as she had grown used to the silence, "You were 11 in that picture." Abby looked at him and gave him a small smile.
"Would you mind?" Abby asked handing him the locket and turning around.
"Not at all." Gibbs said putting it around her neck. He looked at his watch, "Come on Abs we're gonna be late."
"Okay, but please call me Kelly from now on. I want to be able to remember my past, I want to be your daughter, not some strangers who I grew up with."
"Ab… I mean Kelly, no matter what I call you, you will always be my daughter no matter what." Gibbs said and pulled her into another hug before they started heading back towards his car. He didn't care if they were late, he just wanted her to be happy at that moment and the rest of her life.
A/N: Awwww. Sorry that was so much fun to write. What happened to all my reviewers. Come on people. Thanks to all those who reviewed chapter 6. In this chapter I tried to keep it a bit like the actual eps if you noticed. The strawberry short cake tin. The doll, the pictures. So yeah. Please review it would be much apreciated.
A/N: Chapter 7 must have been better than I thought cause I got more reviews on that chapter than anyother. THANK-YOU!!! Sorry about the underlining thing. I have no idea why that happened. All I know is that I didn't put it in and I don't know how it got there. Anyway please review again (or comment if you are reading on my new livejournal account) but yeah on with the story…
Chapter 8
Tourmenting McGee
"What do we know?" Gibbs asked returning to the bull pen after lunch.
"Ducky has a cause of death," Kate answered looking down at the report, "strangulation."
"Anything else?"
"Yep." Abby said appearing out of the elevator, "When I got back the dirt samples were done. It contained fertilizer, horse manure, and some kind of decomposing, flowering plant."
"Does that get us any closer to solving the case?"
"It does because it means that where she was buried the first time was in a private location. A garden of some kind. You wouldn't find this stuff in the wood."
"Thanks Kel." Gibbs said and kissed her cheek as he left. He wasn't exactly sure why she wanted to be called Kelly but until he had the time to sit down and talk about it he would respect her wishes. As he said this she smiled.
"Kel?" Kate asked, extremely confused.
"Long story. Are you busy?" Abby/Kelly, (A/N: Okay so I just flipped a coin and decided that I will call her Kelly from now on. You'll find out why soon.)
"Well, Gibbs hasn't told me to do anything inparticular."
"You might want to sit down." Kelly told her. As Kate sat down she started to explain. It took about fifteen minutes but it was worth it, to tell your best friend who you really are.
"Why do you want to be called Kelly?" Kate asked.
"Because of some things that happened to me in my childhood, also I heard that these sorts of things can help recover memory. I want to be able to remember mum more. I want to remember what she was like and what we were like as a family." Kate smiled and Kelly smiled back. It was good enough for Kate but she knew it wouldn't be good enough for Gibbs. He would want to know what kinda things happened in her childhood.
Back in the squad room Tony was tourmenting McGee.
"So have you seen Abby lately?" Tony asked.
"No." McGee, looking up from his computer screen, said nervously. He had worked with Tony long enough that the tone of voice he was using usually meant he's up to something. "Why?"
"Oh nothing."
"What is it? What's wrong with her?" McGee asked concerned
"Nothing's wrong with her. I just know something you don't. Suck it in Probie." Tony teased childishly.
"What?"
"Can't tell."
McGee looked at him, stood up and walked over to the elevator. Tony loved it when he got the chance to do this.
A/N: So yeah, Abby's become Kelly, Tony's teasing McGee, and Kate just found out something she didn't know. Next chapter will have Kate's reaction. Also I need you to tell me whether I should put in some Tate. I have this craving to write it but I want to continue this. Do you think I should or shoudn't. Majority will rule this one and I'm leaving it up to you, my readers. Well yeah, It's my birthday next Tuesday so you might get a chapter to celebrate that. Well please as always review to give me more inspiration. Also I wan't joking when I said I flipped a coin. lol
Chapter 9
"Hey Gibbs," Kelly said bouncing around the bullpen. Gibbs was tired and in desperate need of coffee and Kelly's bounciness was making him dizzy.
"Yes Abs." Without enough caffeine in his system Gibbs forgot Kelly request. This earned him a glare from Kelly. "Sorry, Kelly, I mean Kelly. I need coffee."
"You know how I said that there was a decomposing, flowering plant in the soil, well it was frangipani. Actually, it was pink frangipani to be exact. I love frangipanis they're close to being my most favorited flower in the world." Kelly had obviously just had a couple of Caf-Pows!. She was rambling but Gibbs didn't intervene, frangipani was Shannon's favorite flower too. "Gibbs…Gibbs?" Kelly said, he was in deep thought and wasn't listening to her anymore.
"Yeah?" Gibbs said coming out of his trance.
"What are you thinking about?"
"Your mother." Gibbs said and as he said it McGee's head popped up from the paper work he was doing and his jaw dropped. He had started listening to the conversation when Kelly started rambling. He liked to listen to the facts she seemed to come out with every time she started.
"What did you just say, Boss?" Gibbs glared at him. That was all it took to make him shut up. Tony laughed under his breath which earned a hefty whack to the back of the head.
"McGee, come down to the lab, there's something I need to tell you." McGee nodded and followed her over to the elevator.
"I'm in MTAC." Gibbs called back heading towards the stairs.
"So Kate, you know?"
"Yep, kinda weird huh?"
"As Abby would put it, kinda hinky."
"Tony, this sounds kinda weird but Abby doesn't exist anymore."
"What do you mean? I mean I know that her real name is Kelly and that but she's still Abby to us right?"
"No, she wants to be called Kelly. Said something about bad experiences and trying to remember her past."
"Oh, yeah that's really weird."
"So how do you think the directors gonna react when he tells her?"
"You mean if he tells her. I'm not sure he went up there for that but then again Gibbs is impossible to read."

Gibbs opened the door and strolled in. "I need to get a big security guard capable of keeping you out." Jenny sighed as she hung up the phone, "What do you want?"
"We need to have a conversation concerning some personal."
"Don't tell me you have a problem with some of the people I employ."
"Not quite. You see I have a personal relationship with one of them."
"No Jethro, I am not letting you of all people break rule twelve."
"Not that kind of relationship, more biological."
"You have a problem working with someone who is your third cousin or something."
"No, let me finish. It's a closer relation than that. It's Kelly."
"Gibbs, I have not employed anyone by the name Kelly Gibbs. If I ever did I would tell you, I would also be slightly freaked out considering she has been dead for quite some time."
"I know you didn't employ anyone named Kelly Gibbs. She came in before you were director. Director Morrow employed one Abigail Scuito."
"What does Abs have to do with Kelly?"
"When Kelly was 11, Shannon, her mother, died. Someone murdered her and tried to murder Kelly as well. Kelly survived and was put into witness protection under the name Abigail Scuito."
"God, so does that mean Abby is really your daughter. I always thought you two were a bit to close."
"Abby is not my daughter, Kelly is. She also didn't know that she was my daughter till this week."
"Oh, well what's the problem with that?"
"Nothing's wrong with it. If I say there is a problem with something you tend to listen more." With that Gibbs walked out of her office, Jenny shaking her head.

"We got a theory about what happened." Tony said standing next to Kate.
"And what would that be DiNozzo?"
"Shannon wasn't really killed either, but kidnapped. They killed her after a few years when they got tired of her and buried her where her grave was."
"Whose they?"
"We have a suspect." Kate said.
"And when were you going to tell me that."
"Just found out. Anyway, do you remember this guy," Kate started pointing to the screen, "He was a serial rapist and murderer. He died last year and left his son everything. The son from one of his rape victims as he never had a proper relationship. I think it was Shannon's. I think he kidnapped Shannon after faking her murder and kept her. When he died, I think his son found her buried in the back yard. Then he reburied her were she belonged"
A/N: So I didn't get that many reviews on the last chapter. If I don't get to many on this chapter I'll go back and rewrite the last on. Sorry if this is a bit late, I had writers block and was too occupied fiddling with my new laptop. Anyway thanks for reading and please review, also tell me if you want TATE in it.

Chapter 10 Serial rapist and Murderer
"Kelly, we need to talk." Gibbs said walking into the lab as Kelly was finishing with McGee. He walked out.
"What's up Daddy Dearest?" Gibbs rolled his eyes and laughed.
"We have a suspect and possibly a problem."
"What's the problem with having a suspect? Unless you can't find him, maybe I might be able to find him, is he dead, because if he's dead it's okay that's enough closer for me unless it's not for you…" She was rambling again this time though Gibbs wasn't in a very patient mood at least not for this.
"Kel, he is dead but he has a son. His name was Aaron Jacobson. He was a…" Kelly interrupted.
"Yeah I know, he was a serial rapist and murderer." She said in a serious and sad kind of tone.
"Yeah, well, we think that his son was from one of his victims. However, the only one missing long enough was… was…" Gibbs couldn't say it. No matter how tough someone was it would be hard for anyone to admit something like that to their own daughter.
"From mum." Kelly finished for him looking at him with sadness in her eyes. Gibbs went over to hug her. She stepped back, "What's his name, my half brother, I mean."
"His name is.. it's…" Tony and Kate were standing just beyond the door way.
"I've never seen him like this Katie."
Kate elbowed him gently enough so he wouldn't cry in pain and give away their position but enough to warn him.
"What would you be like Tony?"
"I don't know, I've never thought of anything like this."

"His name is Jonathon. He lives in Bethesda, we are trying to contact him now."
Kelly gave in and walk over and hugged him tightly, and he hugged back. "Kel, there's something else. I need to know why you want me to call you Kelly. I know there is more than wanting to remember to it."

Kate looked at Tony, "We should go," she said looking at the time.
"To lunch?" Tony offered. They had been going out to lunch together for a while. Nothing happened they just talked in a way Kate never knew DiNozzo could.
"umm sure." And with that they both left giving Gibbs and Kelly some privacy.

"I was abused and bullied by other children when I was younger. Because of my appearance, because I didn't look like my family my "brother" even abused me." Kelly said starting to cry from the memories. "I don't want that life anymore," She was sobbing slightly, "I want my life, not the one that was made up for me. I want the one that I was meant to have, the one with my real parents." She was once again in Gibbs' capable arms. This wasn't like her, she was usually strong. A tower of strength that never wavered. As he held her he breathed in her scent. She was wearing Shannon's perfume. He smiled and pulled her face up to look face to face. He kissed her forehead and whispered in her ear, "I love you, you will always belong with me and I will never take you for granted."
"Thanks Gibbs, you always know what to say." He wiped away her tears and kissed her nose, "I like your perfume." He said as he walked out. He had done all he could. She smiled and went back to work, turning her music on and singing her heart out.

AN hope you liked it. I don't think its my best but its something tell me what you think. What should I change, Am I doing anything wrong, Could I do something better? I really like your feedback and will more often than not put it into the story. Anyway in the mean time all you need to do is push that little "go" button to give me my much wanted reviews 
End Notes:
chapters 6-10 here because once again im to lazy to do it one by one. I always seem to forget to update here when i update fanfiction.net owell sorry so here it is.
This story archived at http://www.ncisfiction.com/viewstory.php?sid=1918