She's Gone by Cheerlye
Summary:
Categories: DiNozzo/Kate Characters: Abby Sciuto, Anthony DiNozzo, Ari Haswari, Donald Mallard, Kate Todd, Leroy Jethro Gibbs, Timothy McGee
Genre: Action, Case, Drama, Friendship, Romance
Pairing: DiNozzo/Kate
Warnings: Violence
Challenges:
Series: None
Chapters: 5 Completed: Yes Word count: 2963 Read: 11984 Published: 05/21/2007 Updated: 06/27/2007

1. She's Gone by Cheerlye

2. Kidnapped by Cheerlye

3. Bad girl by Cheerlye

4. Gone Again by Cheerlye

5. THE END by Cheerlye

She's Gone by Cheerlye
Kate sat down quietly on the bumper of the ambulance. The whole sidewalk was blocked off with caution tape. Local police and NCIS members rushed around her and a doctor neatly tended to her wound, but she noticed none of it. Beside her Gibbs talked angrily on the phone.
She recalled it in a flashback. They had been on the roof, her, Tony and Gibbs. She had jumped in front of Gibbs to block a bullet. It hit her in her vest. Gibbs and Tony had helped her up. Right then, a sniper from a building to far to see, grazed her shoulder with a bullet. It had been Ari.
"You're good to go Agent Todd," said the doctor stepping back to admire his handy work. Kate looked at her trimly wrapped shoulder.
"Thank you Doctor." She stood up and stretched her back. She smiled to herself. Before she had been shaken up, but now she just felt good. Ari tried to take her out, but she won.
Gibbs turned to her. "How do you feel?"
"Fine," He smiled at her boundless confidence and bravery.
"Good," the smiled faded and he began to walk away.
"Gibbs?"
"Yeah?"
"They didn't find him did they?
"No, they found his snipers nest, but…Ari is still out there. Tony will take you home, it's been a long day. We all need some rest," He looked so sad and hopeless as he walked away. His fire and passion to kill Ari was missing. Then he surprised Kate by snapping out of it. Without turning around he yelled back, "but you better be at your desk ready to work in one hour!" Kate smiled to herself, then turned and ducked under the caution tape.



Kate's Apartment

Kate walked in to her apartment after assuring Tony that he did not need to come in. She dropped her bag on the arm chair and lay down on the couch. Her apartment was quiet. She sighed as she pulled off her high heels. She let her head fall back into the pillows. Suddenly she heard a clatter in the kitchen. She set up straight and reached for her gun. The noises in the kitchen continued followed by breaking glass and a slosh of water. Kate was terrified. She held her gun in front of her and carefully entered the kitchen. In the kitchen she found her orange tabby cat on the counter with her yellow gold fish wriggling in its mouth. He looked up at Kate with startled eyes, then innocently dropped the fish and fled the scene. Kate let out a sigh of relief the quickly filled a glass with water and put the fish in it. She then cleaned up the kitchen and went to get ready to go back to work.


NCIS Headquarters

"Hey Kate, you're late," said Tony reclining in his chair as Kate removed her coat and sat down in her chair. "Gibbs wants to go check out Ari's sniper nest.
"But the police have swept it over a hundred times, what does he want us to do?"
"Sweep it again," said Gibbs walking quickly into the pen.
"Right," mumbled Kate putting her coat back on and grabbing her bag.
Kidnapped by Cheerlye
Ari's Sniper Nest

Kate and Tony walked briskly around the rooftop, there was nothing there except the caution tape NCIS had put up. Kate sighed angrily walked to look off the roof onto the street below. She sighed angrily. "We shouldn't be here. We should be out there finding that bastard. Not here doing… nothing,"
"Kate…come here, look at this," a chunk of cement was loose in the ground just beyond the caution tape. Working together they pulled the cement loose. There was a hole about a foot deep and a foot wide. From the hole Tony pulled out a small wooden box. Just as he was about to open it Kate reached out grabbed his shoulder. He looked up at her.
"It might be a bomb,"
"Should we call the bomb squad?" he asked gently setting the box down and stepping back.
"You call them, I'll call Gibbs," within minutes the Bomb squad was there and so was Gibbs with a NCIS team.


NCIS Headquarters

"How long do you think they're going to take with the box," Kate asked Tony. Both of them were sitting at their desks alone. All the lights were at except some lights by the elevators and by the doors to MTAC.
"I don't know, but they better be quick or Gibbs is going to go crazy," Kate let out a small laugh. She propped her feet up on her desk similar to Tony and leaned back in her chair. She slipped her hands behind her head and was just about to close her eyes when her phone at her desk and cell phone simultaneously. Both she and Tony sat up. She picked up her desk phone and cell phone, both were Gibbs, hanging up her cell she talked on her desk phone.
On the phone "Kate?"
"Gibbs," Kate said loudly looking at Tony. "Did they get it open?"
"Yeah, where are you ?!?!"
"Uhh," Kate was surprised by his abruptness. Tony watched her intently. "I'm at my desk. Why?"
"GET OUT OF THERE!!!" just then he cut out and they were plunged into darkness.
"Tony?" Kate whispered. She opened her cell phone for light. He did the same and they crept towards each other. "Where is everyone?"
"We're probably in lock down, no one can come in or out,"
"What do we do?" She reached out and grabbed his arm. He gently pulled his arm from her grasp and slipped it around her shoulders pulling her close to him. He had never realized that she was so muscular, but he knew it then as she pressed her rock hard stomach against him.

"Aww… look at the cute little couple." A voice called out from the darkness. "Does Gibbs know about you two?" Kate and Tony didn't need to see the person to know who it was. The quickly released each other and drew the weapons. The aimed them in the direction of Ari's voice. "Come on. That's no way to treat a guest." Neither Tony nor Kate spoke. Ari had a flash light and soon they could make out the figure that was Ari soon advancing. "Caitlin, if you couldn't stab me in autopsy why would I think you could shoot me now?"
"It doesn't matter if she can't shoot you, because I can." Tony declared firmly.
"Well what if…" suddenly someone grabbed Kate from behind pressing a knife against her throat. Simultaneously she dropped her gun as a shot rang out and Tony dropped to the floor. "What if I shoot you first?" Ari laughed.


Hospital

Tony opened his eyes. He was blinded by white. It was everywhere. He was at the hospital. He struggled to sit up.
"Whoa---- there tiger. Your not ready for that yet." The was a blinding pain his lower left leg.
"Abbs?" He called out. She sat by his hospital bed all decked out in another one of her gothic outfits. She smiled at him before leaning in for a hug. "How's Kate?" Abby's smile faded. "Abby?" Tony asked attempting to sit back up again.
"Tony…. Kate is missing….. Ari took her with him… but it's okay because Gibbs and McGee and the FBI and the police, they're all looking for her. They're gonna find her."
"Abby he's is going to do one of two things to her. He's going to take her out of the United States with him or he is going to kill her. It's probably too late."
"Tony…" Abby was starting to cry. "Please don't say that.." She was beginning to break into sobs.
"I'm sorry Abbs. I didn't mean it." Suddenly Abby's phone rang.
"Hello?....Who is this?....Kate?" Tony leaned forward. "Kate where are you?" She looked at Tony. She set the phone down. "It went dead."


NCIS Headquarters

Abby's phone call with Kate is playing on Gibbs' computer.
"Abby … *static* … tell Gibbs … *static* … on plane … *static* … Paris … *static* … help me … *static* … *dial tone* …"
"She's on a plane to Paris?" McGee asked looking at Gibbs.
"She's probably in Paris." Tony said. IT sat at his desk, a pair of crutches leaned up against the file cabinet behind him.
"Well, what do we do boss?" McGee asked.
"We go to Paris." Gibbs said briskly walking towards the elevator.


Black SUV Driving Threw Paris

"What do you want from me?" Kate asked angrily. She sat in the backseat with Ari.
"Caitlin! Can't two old friends take a peaceful trip to Paris?"
"I am no friend of yours"
"Caitlin, no one is here but you and me. Stop trying to deny that we don't a connection because we do."
"Why me? Why do you want me?"
"Because Caitlin, I know everything about you."
"You don't know anything about me." Ari laughed at this.
"You'd be surprised Caitlin."
Bad girl by Cheerlye
Paris

"Boss, we've been here for three whole weeks. No one has seen Kate, Ari, or any of his crew." Tony said sorrowfully sitting down on a bench in the middle of a beautiful green park.
"Tony!! Kate would have never given up on you if you were missing, but we've only been here seven days and you are already ready to give up on her." McGee pointed out angrily.
"Tony's right Tim." Gibbs murmured regretfully. "We've exhausted all of our resources and we are just wasting our time here in Paris. It's time to go home."
"How can you guys just give up?! Kate is strong, she is still out there!"
"Tim, there is no where else for us to look. Sometimes you just have to face facts."
"This isn't you Gibbs! Why are you saying these things??"
"McGee, I have received orders from directors of all the agencies including ours! Everyone else has pulled out. There is nothing I can do!! If Kate is still out there she'll let us know. Until then we have to wait for her… at home. I don't like this any more than you guys do, but I have been holding them of for the last week and now there are threatening to have us arrested and we are no use to Kate behind bars!!" Gibbs shouted using exaggerated arm gestures as he did so.



NCIS Headquarters
Tony, McGee and Gibbs all sat at their desks in the dark. Each one of them stares at Kate's desk. Director Shepard, who became director the day Gibbs and the team left for Paris, walks quietly down the stairs behind Tony's desk.
"I understand how you're all feeling right now," she said walking to stand in front of Kate's Desk. She faced the team. "But she has been gone for over seven months. It's time to let go. A new agent will be joining your team tomorrow." There was only silence. She bowed her head as she walked away. "I'm sorry."



Tony's Apartment

Tony was sprawled out on his couch watching re-runs of the x-files. There was a light knock on his door. He walked quietly to the door. He had on jean with no shoes and he was wearing a nice dress shirt un-buttoned showing his nicely tanned abs. He opened in the door. Standing in the hall was Kate. She was wearing pointy, black, shiny boots that went up to her knees but were covered by a pair of black pants. She had on a white blouse with a black suit jacket. Her hair was curled in ringlets and was pulled over one shoulder. It was long and grown out. She was much more beautiful then he remembered.
"Oh my god." He whispered staring at her. She pushed him out of the way and let herself in quickly closing the door and locking it.
"Tony…" she whispered walking over to peek threw the blindson the window. "I need your help."
Gone Again by Cheerlye
"Wha-,I mean where-, uh-" he choked over his words as he tried to speak. "Where have you been?"
"I've been all over, Paris, Israel, India, Mexico, Spain, Antarctica, but I actually spent most of my time in a small town in Nevada."
"With Ari?"
"No, I was able to ditch Ari about a month ago."
"Then where have you been?" She let the blinds close and turned to face him.
"Tony… I know things. Things I can't tell even you. There is a group of people, they need the information. They are going to do bad things with it. Things worse than you can imagine. They are willing to do anything to get this information."
"What do you want me to do?"
"Get me info."
"How?"
"It should be in the NCIS files" She turned to continue to look out the window.
"Ok what do you need?"
"File 820GY50P."
"Ok," he quickly scribbled in onto a piece of paper.
"You have to go now though"
"Now? It's like two in the morning"
"Tony. This is a life or death situation. Once I have this information I can finish my job and come back to NCIS."
"Your job?"
"I can't talk about it. Please go."
Tony's Apartment

Tony dashed threw the door and up the elevator briskly walking down the hall he neared the door. It was wide open. Inside his whole apartment was trashed. Things were torn and strewn about the house. He walked threw the whole apartment. No one was there. He went to get his gun. It and his back up were gone along with his badge and NCIS ID card. First thing he did was call Gibbs. He told him about the break in and about Kate. They agreed to have the team meet at NCIS headquarters.


NCIS Headquarters

When they got there Director Shepard was already waiting for them.
"Jethro?" she asked sternly.
"WHAT?"
" A word?"
"I'm a little busy director, in case you hadn't noticed. But go ahead. Anything you can say to me you can say to my team."
"Ok then, the NCIS file room is trashed. It shows that about 10 minutes ago someone used Tony's ID badge to get in there."
"What about that eye scanner do-wap thingy?"
"It shows that about ten minutes ago Kate was in there."
"I thought we yanked Kate's clearance."
"We did, for her badge, but not for her."
"Director," Tony said steeping in between her and Gibbs. "Are you implying that it was Kate who ransacked my apartment?"
"It's too early to disregard any possibilities. Surely you being the good agent that you are understand that?" He laughed sarcastically.
"Kate did not do this." There was an evil laugh from the back of the room. They all turned to see Ari.
"You bastard!" Gibbs shouted.
"Gibbs, Gibbs. Don't be mad at me. It was your agent who did this. I guess she's traded sides." Ari smiled evilly. Ari's crew was filing off the elevator and surrounding the team. They all drew their guns, but knew they were outnumbered so they slowly gave in and dropped their guns on the ground.
THE END by Cheerlye
They were individually tied up and blindfolded. Then they were all stuck into an van and driven to an abandoned warehouse on the outskirts of D.C. They were tied to chairs and their blindfolds were removed.
"Are you going to kill us?" McGee asked.
"Yes." Ari answered showing no emotion while cleaning a gun. "But Tony will be first, then you, then the director. I want Gibbs to see his team suffer before he dies." He picked up the gun and aimed it at Tony. A gun shot rang out in the room. McGee's mouth dropped open. The director flinched. Gibbs didn't move. McGee couldn't believe it. He was dead. A bullet right to the forehead. He lay on the ground blood draining from his head onto the floor. All this time, and Ari was finally dead. They pulled on the ropes trying to see the person behind them who had killed Ari. They heard the click of heels on the cement floor. The person was nearing them. It was Kate. She wore the same thing she had worn the night at Tony's apartment. But the girls in her hair were loose and ragged. She was cut up and obviously beaten. They mystery that had been about her the night at Tony's was gone. She looked sad, lonely, worn down. She dropped the gun to the ground and cut the ropes of each person. She fell into an embrace with Tony. He buried his face into her hair as she began to cry. He clothes were soaking wet and she looked like nothing worse could happen to her.


NCIS Headquarters

Kate sat in the conferecnce room with the rest of the team. She was wearing grey sweats, a grey NCIS tee-shirt with a wool blanket draped over her shoulders.
"So it was all a ploy?" Gibbs asked. "You ransacked Tony's apartment and NCIS so Ari would believe you were really on his side."
"Yes, it took half a year, but I gained his trust. I knew he wanted to take over NCIS and if he did he would need me armed." Her voice was shaky. There was no confidence within her.
"Gibbs leaned back in his chair. Then he sat forward and placed a gun, an NCIS ID badge, an NCIS badge, and an NCIS cap on the table. He slid them across the table to Kate and then got up and left. Kate smiled down at the stuff. The director let out a small laugh before following Gibbs. McGee walked around to Kate's chair and placed his hand on her shoulder.
"Good to have you back Kate." He said smiling before leaving Kate and Tony alone in the room. They sat in silence for a moment. Tony just staring at Kate stare at the stuff.Then Kate looked up at Tony.
"Kate…"Tony started. "You know what this reminds me of?" Kate laughed.
"A movie?"
"No, actually a tv show. There were these two FBI agents….."


THE END

Authors Note: PLEASE comment!! I'm not sure if I should make a sequel and you input would REALLY help!!
This story archived at http://www.ncisfiction.com/viewstory.php?sid=1985