Time for Answers by tinga13
Summary: Abby needs some answers.
Categories: Gibbs/Abby Characters: Abby Sciuto, Leroy Jethro Gibbs
Genre: Alternate Universe, Drama, Established relationship, Romance, Series
Pairing: Gibbs/Abby
Warnings: None
Challenges:
Series: None
Chapters: 1 Completed: Yes Word count: 967 Read: 5088 Published: 05/29/2007 Updated: 05/29/2007
Story Notes:
I love the chemistry between Gibbs/Abby so this is my little tribute to them. This is the first part in my BabyVerse series.

1. Time for Answers by tinga13

Time for Answers by tinga13
Author's Notes:
Abby needs some answers.
Gibbs eased the plane down a board on his boat before taking a swig of whiskey. He heard a board creak on the stairs causing him to smile as he continued his work.

"I thought you were going to be at a forensics conference until tomorrow," He spoke while easing the plane down the board once again.

"I couldn't concentrate," Abby admitted as she sat on the landing of the stairs and watched him continue to work on his boat, "I had too many questions floating around in my head."

"What about?"

"Us."

Gibbs stopped his work and turned to look at her. She was focused on her thumb rings and not looking up to face him. He placed his tool down before speaking, "So what's on your mind, Abs?"

"Do you think we're good together?" She asked, still fixated on her thumbs.

He grabbed a hand towel and wiped sawdust from his hands, "Is that really the question you want to ask me?"

"I hate it when you do that. You don't like build up. You just want to get right to the point," She spoke without looking up.

"You want to build it up?" He asked, a hint of concern creeping into his voice, "Abs, what's really going on?"

"After what happened to your first wife and your daughter, why did you ever get married again?" She asked as she slowly looked up to him, a hint of tears in her eyes.

"Abs, you're scaring me now," He admitted as he knelt down to meet her eye to eye, "I got married because I was looking for what I'd lost. I got divorced because I didn't find it."

"Are you still looking for that? What you lost, I mean," She asked softly.

"No, not anymore," He moved to sit beside her, "I found something that fits me for who I am now. I found someone who I can love without having to make excuses for the way I am. Abs, I found you."

Abby began to cry as she leaned over on him and put her arms around him. She sobbed softly as he put his arms around her and drew her closer to him.

"Abs," He lifted her chin with his fingers so that he could meet her eyes, "What's wrong?"

"Nothing," She smiled through her tears, "Absolutely nothing."

Gibbs cocked an eyebrow as he wiped a tear from her cheek with his thumb.

She took his hand in hers and squeezed it gently as she cleared her throat. She wiped her tears away before she took a deep breath and met his eyes once again.

"What?" He questioned, not sure he understood what was going on.

"When I left for the conference, I was freaking out. I didn't know how I was going to do this or how I could even think about doing this, and doing this means a lot. I know it does. It's huge, and I wasn't sure if you could do it. Then I started thinking and all these questions started turning around and around in my head and..."

"Abs, you lost me. What the hell are you talking about?" He asked with a slight grin, amused at how scattered she seemed to be.

Abby bit her lip softly before whispering something he couldn't quite hear.

"What did you say?" He prompted her again.

"I'm..."

"What? Abs!"

"I'm pregnant," Abby finally blurted out.

Gibbs blinked for a moment, having finally heard what she was trying to tell him. He smiled as he pulled her into his arms, "Well why didn't you just say so?"

"Because I was afraid you would freak out like I did."

"Abs, do I freak out?"

"Actually no. You get pissed, have a meltdown, and then you calm down. But I was freaking out, and it sent me on kind of an irrational downward spiral," She admitted as she wrapped her arms around him.

"I'm not freaking out, Abs. In fact," He smiled as he pulled back just enough to meet her eyes, "I'm the happiest man in the world right now," He kissed her softly.

When their lips parted, Abby smiled from ear to ear, "You are?"

"I am," He nodded, "In fact, I think this calls for a celebration."

"Really?" She grinned.

"Absolutely," He kissed her gently, "Let's get cleaned up, and go out."

"Now, you're talking," Abby leapt to her feat and bounced up the stairs.

Gibbs grinned as he switched off the basement light and followed after her, "Abs, tell me something. When did you find out?"

"The morning before I left," She announced as she dropped items of clothing on the floor as she undressed on her way to the bedroom, "I figured I had to get my own head straight before I talked to you about it."

Gibbs stood in the doorway of their bedroom as he watched her finish undressing, "Come here."

Abby turned and smiled as she shook her head and wiggled her finger at him, "Uh uh, you come here."

He grinned as he crossed the distance between them and swept her into his arms. He eased his fingers down the soft skin of her bare back, "What do you say we just order something for delivery?"

"Now you're talking," She smiled before she took his lips in a loving kiss.

Gibbs lifted her off her feet and laid her gently on the bed. He lay above her, studied her face for a moment.

"What are you looking at?" She questioned softly.

He smiled, "The mother of my child."

Abby smiled brightly, "Tell me that's a good thing."

"It's the greatest, Abs," Gibbs assured her before kissing her once again, thrilled that the woman he loved was having his child. As he kissed her with all the love in his heart, it occurred to him that he was finally exactly where he'd always wanted to be.
End Notes:
I love the chemistry between Gibbs/Abby so this is my little tribute to them. This is the first part in my BabyVerse series.
This story archived at http://www.ncisfiction.com/viewstory.php?sid=2024