Questions Aplenty by tinga13
Summary: The team knows something is up. They just aren't sure what.
Categories: Gibbs/Abby Characters: Abby Sciuto, Anthony DiNozzo, Jenny Shephard, Timothy McGee, Ziva David
Genre: Alternate Universe, Established relationship, Friendship, Romance, Series
Pairing: Gibbs/Abby
Warnings: None
Challenges:
Series: None
Chapters: 1 Completed: Yes Word count: 370 Read: 4199 Published: 05/29/2007 Updated: 05/29/2007
Story Notes:
Another in the BabyVerse series

1. Questions Aplenty by tinga13

Questions Aplenty by tinga13
Author's Notes:
The team knows something is up. They just aren't sure what.
Tony sat on the corner of McGee's desk, watching an interesting exchange near the rear elevator, "What's all this about?"

"What's what about?" McGee asked as he looked up to see the direction of Tony's attention.

"Gibbs and Abby," Tony explained as he continued to watch the scene unfold.

"What about Gibbs and Abby?" Ziva asked as she moved to join Tony in watching their boss and forensic's expert.

"Look at them," Tony pointed towards the duo.

McGee moved around his desk to see what Ziva and Tony were watching.

Gibbs placed a white paper cup in Abby's hand while she pouted towards him. He tapped her nose gently causing her to smile brightly. He leaned in and kissed her cheek while cupping the other cheek.

"They're too damn personal," Tony frowned, "Why is Gibbs being so...?"

"Loving?" Ziva volunteered.

"That's just wrong," Tony frowned.

"Why isn't he handing her a Caf-Pow?" McGee asked as he watched Gibbs squeeze Abby's hand.

"Good question. Maybe she's on another caffeine withdrawal kick," Tony offered with a frown, "But I think there's something more. I can't put my finger on it, but there's something."

"But what could it be?" McGee asked with a twisted expression.

Director Sheppard peaked around the three of them and watched Gibbs as he continued to talk to Abby. She studied all the actions of Gibbs and Abby before she spoke, "Abby's pregnant. Gibbs is the father."

"What?" All three turned to the Director and looked at her incredulously.

Director Sheppard smiled, "All it takes is a trained investigator," She shrugged and walked away.

Gibbs kissed Abby's cheek once more before turning and walking back towards his desk. Tony, McGee, and Ziva all scrambled to get back to work.

When Gibbs sat at his desk, Tony studied his boss for a moment before he looked to Ziva with a questioning look. Ziva shrugged before looking towards Gibbs. She looked to McGee who shrugged. McGee looked to Tony who shrugged.

"Does anyone want to ask a question?" Gibbs asked as he looked around at the different faces of his team members.

"No."

"No boss."

"No."

Gibbs watched as everyone got back to work. He smiled as he went back to work, knowing that there were plenty of questions unspoken.
End Notes:
Another in the BabyVerse series
This story archived at http://www.ncisfiction.com/viewstory.php?sid=2025