United We Stand by Ziva David
Summary: Tony finally admits his feelings for someone but it does not go the way he planned. One of the Agents ends up in bad shape over a death threat.
Categories: Other Het Pairings Characters: Anthony DiNozzo, Ziva David
Genre: Drama, Romance
Pairing: DiNozzo/Ziva
Warnings: Disturbing imaginery, Violence
Challenges:
Series: None
Chapters: 28 Completed: No Word count: 28986 Read: 258436 Published: 06/03/2007 Updated: 06/11/2007

1. Tony's Dream by Ziva David

2. The Letter by Ziva David

3. Panic by Ziva David

4. Confidence by Ziva David

5. Terror by Ziva David

6. Help me by Ziva David

7. Hope by Ziva David

8. Close Call by Ziva David

9. Don't give up by Ziva David

10. The Right Choice by Ziva David

11. The Proposal by Ziva David

12. The Announcement by Ziva David

13. Reunited by Ziva David

14. I Do by Ziva David

15. Santé by Ziva David

16. New Addition by Ziva David

17. A Night on The Water by Ziva David

18. 4 Months by Ziva David

19. 6 Months by Ziva David

20. The Pain of Labor by Ziva David

21. Special Delivery by Ziva David

22. The Fears of Parenting. by Ziva David

23. Danger, Safe and Sound by Ziva David

24. It Is Not Over Yet by Ziva David

25. Living Nightmare by Ziva David

26. The Truth Be Told by Ziva David

27. Saved By Death by Ziva David

28. A New Start by Ziva David

Tony's Dream by Ziva David
Author's Notes:
Tony finally admits his feelings for someone but it does not go the way he planned. One of the Agents ends up in bad shape over a death threat.
Tony had been at work all night and decided he would spend his night at their place, instead of at work after a long night and he slipped into her their apartment at about 1:00am.
Jeanne laid in bed staring at Tony and wondering if he had a bad day at work because he wasn't himself that's for sure.
" Tony, you okay?" Jeanne whispered half asleep and tired.
The whispering part gave Tony the chills.
" I'm fine Jeanne. I just had a rough day at work... I don't mean to be so quiet. I am just so confused." Tony replied back tired and feeling sorry for
giving her a wrong impression.
"About what Tony." Jeanne asked raising an eyebrow and lifting her head slightly.
" Nothing I should get you worried about it just has to do with work." He said reassuring her not to worry about it, when really it had to do with Ziva and the feeling she has been holding back from him.
"Okay, Tony just try and get some sleep for tomorrow." Jeanne said as she kissed him softly and cuddled up into his arm to go to sleep.
Tony just sighed and embraced her as he drifted off to sleep.

************ Tony's dream flash ************

Ziva is looking from behind her desk towards the elevator in the squad room and Gibbs soon starts yelling "get down!!"
Loud shots are heard as the glass windows are shattering, the glass starts falling and smoke filling the room.
The smoke starts clearing and Tony got up and checked on the team who were all alive but hurt

************ End of Tony's dream ************

Tony woke up scared but being careful not to alert Jeanne but she wakes up anyway.
" Tony what's wrong?" Jeanne asked scared for him.
Tony was trying to speak in the middle of catching his breath, but all he could see was the image of Ziva covered in blood.
This was one time that Tony ever woke up scared for someones life... especially someone close to him.
" Tony??... Tony?" Jeanne called to Tony who just wouldn't respond to her.
Tony snapped out of it and saw Jeanne looking at him worried and answered her.
" Nothing, just had a bad dream... I hope. What time is it?" Tony asked trying to catch his breath.
" 11:00am Tony..." Jeanne said looking at her watch.
" I'm late for work..." Tony said running around looking for all his clothes and gear.
Tony got in the bathroom and quickly brushed his teeth and got dressed and has fast as he said goodbye to Jeanne he was out the door.
At Headquarters everyone was doing desk work while Gibbs paced the room wondering why Tony hadn't shown up yet.
" He is probably busy boss just doing other things." McGee put in.
" I can see that McGee but he was supposed to be here 1 hour ago." Gibbs said.
Just at that moment Tony came through the elevator and walked to their desks.
He quickly apoligized to Gibbs and looked at Ziva's empty desk and got to work.
" Don't apoligize it's a ...." Gibbs started before he was cut off.
" Sign of weakness. We know boss." Tony said a little edgy as he cut him off.
" Well then don't let it happen again..." Gibbs said as he walked away to his desk.
" Sure thing boss..." Tony said as he looked back at his computer at flight arrivals and departures looking for when Ziva's flight lands.
" Good... that's good." Gibbs said as he picked up his phone.
" Yeah Gibbs... yeah we'll be right there. Gear up we're heading to Quantico. A
Marine was found dead while on a training exercise." Gibbs said as he grabbed his gear and gun.
Tony and McGee grabbed their gear and follwed him to the elevator.
" I hope this case doesn't take that long. I am really looking forward to going home tonight." McGee said as he walked into the elevator.
Gibbs and Tony just looked at each other confused and wondering what McGee was talking about.
" My sister is coming down tonight for dinner and I was really looking forward to seeing her since we last spoke. That was when I had to investigate her for that dead Marine." McGee finished just as they exited the elevator.
Gibbs stared at McGee with 'the stare" and McGee just told him there will be other nights to do that, work comes first.
The Letter by Ziva David
Author's Notes:
After the team arrives from duty on the field, an Agent receives a threat
At the Marine Base in Norfolk a Master Gunnery Sergent came up to the team.
" What happened here Gunney?" Gibbs asked.
"My men were on a survival exercise this morning this started at 6:00 hours
sharp sir." The Master Gunnery Sergent explained.
" What is your name Master Gunnery Sergent?" Tony asked him.
" Master Gunnery Sergent Ray Ford sir? The Marine answered.
" Who found him?" McGee asked.
" McMahon!!" Ford called quite loudly.
" Sir!" McMahon yelled from afar.
" Get me Blaine double time." Ford commanded.
" Yes sir!" McMahon said as he ran off.
" Gunnery Sergent Blaine found him at 14:00 hours and reported back to my quarters immeditately Agent Gibbs." Ford explained just as Blaine ran in.
" Sergent Blaine, we understand you found him at 14:00 hours this afternoon, so 1 hour ago." McGee asked.
" Yes sir and I reported back to Ford after I found him and then I ran back and continued my exercise." Blaine explained for his side of the story and but was he really telling the truth?

Gibbs walked over to Ducky and Palmer who were examining the body.
" What do ya got Duck? " Gibbs asked as he bent down to the body.
" There are no signs of any external trauma except for some minor bruising on his neck, but not enough for me to suggest that he was strangled.
At this point until we get this Marine home I will not be able to know for sure, Jethro. " Ducky said as he showed Gibbs the parts of concern.
" He wasn't strangled Agent Gibbs." Palmer said not realizing he had been aware of this.
" I can see that Palmer..." Gibbs said as he left.
" I already told him that Mr. Palmer. Weren't you listening? " Ducky said as he folded the body in a plastic cover.
" Sorry doctor..." Palmer said as he zipped up the body bag.

Back at headquarters they had been working all day and found nothing that indicated a murder or suicide or even a homicide which was odd for this line of work they had never recieved a case like this. The time was now 8:00pm and the team was running out of ideas to how this man died.
"This person is either really good or this was an accidental death." Tony said to McGee.
" Accidental...?" McGee questioned and upset that he had to cancel on his sister.
" Hey! Anything is possible around here Probie." Tony said looking at his computer
As usual the mail man came late on Tuesday and he dropped of all the mail to the right desks.
Ziva had a ton of mail since she was away and all.
Just as the mail man left the elevator opened and Tony looked over and saw Ziva walk in holding a tiny little girl.
Tonys face turned from happy to confused in a second flat.
"Shalom, and why does eveyone look like they are in... aww?" Ziva asked.
"Ziva you never told us you had children." McGee said confused as well.
" oh no *laughs* this was my sisters daughter... the one I told you of Tony." Ziva winked at him.
" Yeah I remember... what's her name?" Tony asked
" Sara.... Sara David, she is 6 years old.. Sara say hi to everyone." Ziva said shaking her a little.
" Hi..." Sara said shy and quietly.
" Sara means "Princess"..." Tony said remembering that day she pointed that out.
" Very good Tony, you remembered." Ziva said impressed.
" So, why did you bring her with you Ziva? " Gibbs questioned as he sat at his desk.
" There is a problem back home and too many places were being bombed so I brought her back with me... to save her.
She is all I have left of my sister Gibbs. I loved my sister.. so much." Ziva explained.

The child was so cute, her hair was down straight and she was wearing a white dress and little white sandals.
She had the cutest smile and she was so tiny. Ziva brought her over to her desk and sat her on her lap.
Sara put her legs across one side of Ziva and leaned on her other arm in a craddle postion and closed her eyes.
" She is so sweet Ziva, she must really love you a lot." McGee said just amazed.
" She does, I am not bringing her back there. I permanently took her out of the country. With her mother and her father both gone I can't risk her dying as well or being lead into a life she does not deserve. Like the one I lead into as a
Mossad Officer and besides I am all she has left. " Ziva said looking at Sara as she slept in her aunts arms.
" I just couldn't..." Ziva said softly as she looked at Sara sleeping.
Ziva reached over and started to open her mail... bills, bills, bills, and something else....a letter addressed from... no address?
Ziva opened the letter and read in bold writing;

" The first time was warning... But the second time we will succeed and finish
what we started and bring you home in a closed casket for your
trechery. Don't be foolish Ziva... unless you want to see his blood on the walls."
Panic by Ziva David
Author's Notes:
After the letter is received, Ziva is in a panic and a former Agent returns to help her team.
At that moment Zivas face fell and she all of a sudden became scared, but a good , loyal agent does not withhold information that could kill everyone in NCIS Headquarters so to speak. It was a risk Ziva had to take in order to save everyone.
" Ziva whats wrong?" Tony asked her worried
" I recieved a death threat from my country." Ziva said quietly to her team mates.
" From who Ziva..." Gibbs came over quickly and took the letter.
Everyone else quickly sat straight and were all scared for their own lives.
" McGee get upstairs to MTAC and contact the White House and the Pentagon." Gibbs called as McGee ran upstairs.
" Tony put the building on Red Alert and lock down." Gibbs called to Tony as he darted off.
" and I will phone up to Director Sheppard." Gibbs called as he picked up his phone.
Ziva sat scared to death clutching her niece and trembling.
" Ziva we are not going to let anything happen to you or Sara. We will protect you with our lives and take all the precaution we can."
Gibbs said reassuring Ziva that nothing will happen to her.

Everyone ran off to do as they were assigned to do.
Then the Director looked at Jethro worried without saying a word.
" Something you want to say... Jenny? " Gibbs asked as he took a sip of his coffee.
" We need more help on this matter Jethro... not just any help but people from different teams or locations..." Jenny started as she was cut off.
" I know just the people to help then..." Gibbs said as he picked up the reciever of the phone.
As Agent Cassie Yates arrived from the Norfolk Office location of NCIS, she had to turn over her case in order to help Gibbs and the team.
" How can we help Agent Gibbs? " Cassie asked Gibbs.
" Considering the situation of one of our Agents' lives being threatened yet again.. we need to have has many allies as we can get our hands on. " Gibbs said to Cassie.
" I have my team on standby in my location. What do we do now Gibbs? " Cassie asked scared but calm.
" We need to keep a close eye on Officer David... and make sure this bastard doesn't kill her and her niece. "
Gibbs said upset and scared for his Agent.
" I also have the norfolk team on standby, alert and lock down. Whatever is going on we can find someway to get more help. After all our team is at stake here. " Cassie added.

In that moment the team was in dispare and had no way to possibly stop this attack from happening, not having stronger authority to help them and having yet another agent killed... so they thought at least.

The elevator opened at that moment and all we can see is a pair of black heels walking to the squad room.
" I do believe you will need my help Gibbs. " A woman says from off screen. Gibbs looks back and his eyes widen and he smiles.
Gibbs turns right around and Kate is standing there behind him dressed in a white blouse and black jacket and black skirt.
" Don't look so surprised Gibbs... you already knew would be coming to help. " Kate said giggling a little.
" I know but why are you here now... we are all in danger Kate. " Gibbs said walking up to her.
" Yes, I know Gibbs... I reieved word from The White House, but you also told me to wait until an emergency and this is that time. " Kate said and sat in a chair by Ziva.
Kate took the letter and read the note and just looked at the letter with a strange look.
Then looked at Ziva with remorse and sorrow.
" Officer David, I am so sorry... I will use all of my strength and will power to defend you and this little girl. " Kate said as she put her hand on Ziva's shoulder.
" I have never had something scare me so badly...ever. " Ziva said trying to calm down.
" You are only scared because you probably never had your own life threatened.
What does the letter mean by 'his blood'? " Kate asked reading the letter.
Ziva took a deep breath cause she knew who it was referring to in the letter.
" Tony..." Ziva said as her eyes filled with tears.
" Why Tony!? " Kate asked mad but calm, at the fact that Tony's life was in danger as well.
" I don't know! I... I... I just don't know. " Ziva said as she started to cry.
" What did I do to deserve this and why now of all times when I just get back. " Ziva continued before breaking down.
" Don't worry Officer David, we will find a way to figure this out... while trying to stop this attack and keep DiNozzo's ass out of trouble and to keep
both of you alive." Kate said swinging the chair to face her keyboard.
Typing a note to the Secret Service about the new found information and after she headed towards the window to use her cellphone to call her oold boss Agent Baer.
" Coming back to work for us Kate? Gibbs asked coming up behind her.
" No, I am temporarily re-enstated, by the new Director, a woman no less, but not temporarily with the Secret Service and I don't understand why I was a damn good Agent and because I know you guys very well and who else better for Protection Detail.... only for this case since it does have to do with life and death." Kate said turning towards the window to respond to the other person on the other line.
" Don't forget Kate, with the Secret Service... you quit. " Gibbs said as he walked off.
" there is no need to rub it in Gibbs. " Kate yelled from her desk.
" Why would you quit that job? It is hard to achieve. " Ziva asked.
" I had to, I was having an affair with one of the crew members, he is dead now though. Been dead for 5 years. " Kate said focusing on her computer.
Confidence by Ziva David
Author's Notes:
After realizing what might happen Ziva confides in a friend.
While Kate was emailing other Officials across the United States, Ziva was on the phone with her friends in Tel Aviv wiggling her way around the situation to find some new information about this potential killer or killers.
Gibbs had assigned some other Agents to the case of the two dead Marines in Quantico.
Gibbs was too focused on the lives of his team to be worrying about something that happens everyday and less important.
" Jethro we have another team coming down to help us with our situation... Lt. Col. Hollis Mann and her team." The Director told Gibbs as she ran back upstairs to get back on the phones to more Officials.
Gibbs' eyes widened at the thought of his girlfriend being involved in a mess like this but, it was her job he thought to himself.
McGee came back to tell Gibbs he had contacted the White House and the Pentagon and Tony had done his job as well.
Gibbs ordered that all Agents stay in the building until further notice and that they know it is clear to leave.

It was now late at night and the team was scared to even go home at this point...
Tony started to set up his sleeping stuff by his desk... as did McGee and Gibbs.
Kate had gone up to help the Director with the calls and plans.
Ziva took her pillow from the plane and set a sleeping area for Sara, but Ziva did not want to sleep she was too scared.
She just sat at her desk and watched her niece sleep at the side of her desk.
Abby came up to Ziva and asked her how she was doing...
" How ya doin'?" Abby asked a worried Ziva.
" Scared Abby really scared... I mean I have never had my own life threatened... I mean I have threatened others but never had mine.... and I just said that *starts to get upset* but that doesn't matter... *starts to get more upset* I just want her to be safe... *starts to get more frustrated* I don't care if something happens to me I just want her to live! I am sick of people telling me what I do with my life... how I should live it and if I don't stop I will drive myself up the hall ..... god I am not making any sense." Ziva said in a big ramble.
Abby felt sorry for Ziva and for the third or fourth time hugged her but this time to comfort her.

After Abby had left to go down to her lab Ziva headed down to autopsy to see Ducky. If she was stressed, needed advice or just needed to talk, she would always see Ducky.
" Hello Ducky " Ziva said quietly and shaking with the letter in hand.
" Ahh, hello my --- * he paused as he turns around to face a terrified Ziva* dear lord, what's wrong my dear? " Ducky said hurrying over to her.
" I have been, umm... threaded. " Ziva said not thinking she was scared.
" Ahh of course, you mean threatened. " Ducky corrected.
Ziva just put her head down and cried.
" Oh, well how bad can it be? " Ducky asked wondering what was making Ziva cry.
Ziva lifted her head and handed Ducky the copy of the letter she was sent and wiped the tears from her eyes and under her nose.
" Oh my... *Ducky continues to read* but --- but who is this refering too? " Ducky says pointing at the last line.
" Tony, I am not guessing I know. " Ziva said sobbing in fear and Ducky gave her tea to help calm her.
" But how could you --- " Ducky said before she cut in.
" I spend a lot of time with Tony. " Ziva said looking at Ducky and reaching for the cup of tea Ducky poured for her.
" Well naturally, you are his... " Ducky said and again she cut in.
" No I spend more time with him, outside of work... going out, hanging around, talking on the phone and sometimes he would come over for a while to my apartment. " Ziva said looking away.
" Ahhh, well yes that would explain a lot more. But either way Ziva you have to tell Tony or he will get hurt as well if anything does happen. As this letter does not say much it gives the impression that someone will hurt you or Tony. For god sakes Ziva tell him. " Ducky ended
" I CAN'T!!! I can't tell him, if I do he might get more afraid and if it does come to this he might dodge a bullet for me or something. I do not want Tony to get hurt Ducky... I love him. " Ziva blurted.
" Oh dear... " Ducky started but with Ziva reacting.
" Oh god I should not have said that... I, ummm... don't mean... " Ziva said panicing because she knows the rules about co-workers dating.
" It's alright my dear, it's alright... no one will know. " Ducky said smiling which made Ziva feel better but not completely considering the situation.
" Go get some rest Ziva... stay with your niece and just rest... if you get stressed you not do yourself any good or your niece, or the team either. Just try to rest and calm down... if you need to talk I am hear Ziva. " Ducky said with a smile but also a worried look for her. Ziva got up and smiled at Ducky, hugged him and walked out of autopsy.
Terror by Ziva David
Author's Notes:
After talking to Ducky, later that night all hell breaks loose. One Agent comes near death.
At the elevator she could not help but think about anything that might have started this when she went back home.
But she could not think of anything that would promote such an action, She got in the elevator thinking and thinking but nothing came to her, she remembered the letter said the first time... but the first time she was here she had to stop Gibbs from killing Ari... and that was all she was sent for that time around ' why would this happen now? ' ... ' how would they.... ' suddenly it hit her ' because I killed Ari' she put her hand to her mouth and walking out quickly to her desk.
She sat at her desk and just put her head in the hands and her face had turned red she was so mad. She pounded the desk startling everyone in the room around her and just kept hitting it in anger and rage that someone could be doing this to her and her family... and threatening someone she loved very much.
" Aunt Ziva... stop it!!! " Sara said looking at her with a worried look and her hands over her ears starting to cry.
Ziva saw how scared she was and picked her up and Sara wrapped her arms around Ziva's neck.
" I'm sorry lior *which in Hebrew means 'my light' * ... I'm sorry auntie Ziva is just scared right now. " Ziva said hugging her niece securly.
Tony could not help but notice she was terrified and asked her if she needed anything. Ziva just replied no put Sara in a craddle position to let her niece sleep safely and she thought of nothing but that letter for half the night.

It was 6:30am and Ziva could not wait she had to go and see what Abby had found out about the letter.
But when she got up the elevator doors opened and 3 men dressed in brown tan clothes holding automatic guns busted in yelling in Arabic to capture Ziva and take her away.. Ziva ran for the phone to press 'Emergency" and called in to warn everyone... around her people started running out and the team got up in a hurry.
Tony looked worried and the rest of the team was scared...Gibbs grabbed Sara who was yelling for her aunt, and ducked behind his desk and yelled...
"Get down!!"
As they were ducking down Tony watched Ziva and she looked at her niece then at Tony.... and watched the men running at her team.
Ziva ran at the attackers and pushed one in the elevator and then two down on the floor and struggled to keep them down... and Tony watching this made him think of what happened to Paula.

*********** Flashback of Paula staring at the bomb trigger and Tony standing by the wall ***********

"Ziva.... nooooo." Tony screamed.
One of the men through a small grenade into the room.
As the bomb exploded pieces of the ceiling started to cave in and where the bombs exploded put a hole in the floor.
Shots were fired as the other 2 more men enter the squad room, the team drew their guns and started to fire back.
Then loud shots are heard as the glass from the windows start falling and smoke keeps filling the room.
Even though the room was smoke-filled you can hear people screaming for help and pieces of the ceiling falling and cracking.
The smoke started to clear Tony got up and checked on the team who were all alive but hurt... there were some dead bodies around....and they were bleeding badly.... some were alive and scared and others were injured.
He got up and the men were gone but he looked for Ziva.... and there was a hole in the floor but no sign of her anywhere.
Gibbs got up and held his shoulder and looked around at his office and saw all the people who were dead and looked behind him.
The Director had been on her way down when the bomb went off and was lying on the staircase with her head covered.
Gibbs went over and told her it was okay to get up and she got up and was in shock by looking at what had happened... to her agency.
Gibbs got up from helping the Director and looked around 2 of the men were dead but one was in the elevator but most likely dead.
To be safe Gibbs sent two guards to the bottom floor to check the elevator shaft. Then he started calling for his team one by one.
" Tony! " Gibbs called out loudly.
" I'm alright boss. " Tony said quietly but loud enough that Gibbs could hear him.
" McGee.... McGEE!!! " Gibbs shouted out among the wreck.
" Yeah boss! I'm here. " McGee said as he got up.
Kate got up from behind her desk she had fallen behind and looked up and put her hands over her mouth in shock.
" Oh my god..." Kate said with her hands still covering her mouth.
Kate uncovered her mouth as she saw McGee trying to get up from underneath pieces of chunks of the ceiling that had fallen on him.
" Tim...! " Kate shouted as she went over and helped him up and she took his tissue wiped the blood from his forehead and asked him if he was okay.
Sara was looking around scared and saw no sign of her aunt Ziva... and she started to cry and called out for her aunt.
" Aunt Ziva!!!!" Sara kept calling her until Kate came to comfort her.
Tony looked around scared... ' did they take her? is she okay? what if she needs help? did she die? or is she alive but hurt? ' all of these thoughts were running through his head but each one scared him more than the last. Tony's fear had eventually turned into a panic and he started walking around looking for places she could be or places she could have fallen into.
Help me by Ziva David
Author's Notes:
Tony finds Ziva trapped in a hole and struggles to find a way to get her out. Will anyone get to her in time?
Ziva opened her eyes and the first thing she noticed was the hole far up in the ceiling... it was blurry but she knew she had fallen a long way down.
The place was dark and dust filled the room from the explosion.
Pieces of the ceiling were still falling but not enough to hurt Ziva, just dust and small fragments.
Ziva slowly tried to sit up, but pain shot through her leg and she saw she had broken the bone clean through.
Ziva slowly turned her head and saw the blood pool around her head area.
Ziva felt her head and there was a blood in her hair and it hurt a lot.
She turned around to see a piece of the ceiling with blood on it.
' I must of struck my head...' Ziva thought to herself and trying to keep pain off her mind.
She slowly moved her body but she couldn't get up she felt like she was dying inside... when she touched her forehead she felt blood and same with her stomach, and her leg especially.
She suddenly felt the need to throw up, she turned her head, to prevent choking on the vomit.
It burned coming up and gave her the chills. She noticed after she mostly threw up blood.
She tried to sit up again, she had to get her cell phone or find another way to get help.
She crawled on the floor but because of the broken floor pieces below her she cut her elbow and made her side hurt more from when she slashed her side when she had fallen, than she collapsed on the ground in tremendous amounts of pain.
She had to call someone, hoping they were alive but she couldn't she couldn't move an inch and plus she was trapped..
Tears started running down her cheeks... ' face it ', she thought... ' I am scared ... for once I am scared.
What should I do? '

Ziva had passed out.... and all she could think about was someone finding her.
She woke up to someone yelling her name....
Tony.... she thought... he was trying to find her.
She tried to call him but her voice was fading to nothing and she was cold and couldn't feel her legs.
She finally found the courage to pull out her phone and she definately felt the pain she was in and called him on speaker phone.

" DiNozzo..." Tony said hoping it was Ziva.
" Tony, it's... Ziva...where's... * coughs and spits out blood from her mouth * Sara? " She said quietly... and with a scratchy voice
" She's with Gibbs and she is scared but fine...Where are you?..." Tony said panicking...
" I'm down..." She said before she had cleared her throat cause she was so cold and frozen and she continued...
" I'm... down in... the....*Ziva screams* " Ziva screamed as some of the floor caved in.
" ZIVA!!!! " Tony screamed looking around the room.
" I'm here Tony... HELP ME! " She tried to scream but it sounded more like a squeak.
" Where...down where!" he said still panicking.
" in......the ......hole...." Ziva said before everything was going blurry
" Ziva.... just hold on your gonna be okay...*off the phone* BOSS!!! call a rescue team I found Ziva... she's about 2-3 floors down this hole!"
Tony yelled as he worried for his ailing partner whom he hoped was alive.
" 2-3 FLOORS!!! " Kate said turing her head quickly to face Tony. "It's a miracle she is still alive! " she continued while comforting the child with her arms around her.
Ziva by now had lost a lot of blood.
Ziva could only feel the pain subside and everything was numb and she let her last breath go before she completely blacked out.

A rescue team showed up 5 mins later and lowered the rescuer into the whole where a lifeless Ziva was laying there.
Kate stood there comforting Tony and coughing from the dust and somke in the air around her.
" She is going to be fine DiNozzo... you'll see." Kate said as she hugged a very scared Tony.
" I GOT HER!!! A man yelled from down the hole. " WE NEED A MEDIC IMMEDIATELY!!!"
At that minute Tony was more scared than before... and he felt like his heart was dying, he knew he was nothing without her.
Tony Dinozzo then realized his true feelings were for Ziva David and not for Jeanne Benoit which is why he had never told her he loved her excpet a couple of times that he was upset or hurt....he loved Ziva and how could he ever tell her now.

They brought up Ziva and put her on a gurney...
" You start the compressions and lets move her to Bethesda.... via airlift.
We don't have enought time to drive her there." The medic shouted.
The paramedic asked if someone could come with her and before he could finish Tony went with her.
Blood started to come out her mouth and Tony thought to himself for her not to give up yet.
Ziva laid there so still and didn't have the same vibe of energy Tony was used too.
The paramedics were trying to keep her heartbeat steady and stop most of her wounds from bleeding so much.
On the way to the hospital she crashed twice but for a short amount of time at a shot.
Hope by Ziva David
Author's Notes:
The Team gets the news of Ziva's current condition and pray she will pull though.
Tony had been waiting in the hospital for hours and hours on end.
The director had came and so did everyone else on the team... even Kate had come to show her support to her new collegue.
Yes, Kate did get her job back at NCIS... and Gibbs now had 5 agents on his team.
Then finally a doctor came towards him.
"I am Doctor Harris, Doctor Gelfand will not be in today. I was the doctor in charge of Officer David, are you her collegues?"
They nodded as Gibbs told him he was her boss.
Director Shepard wanted to ask some questions but Gibbs shook his head no.
"How is she? Is she alright doc?" Tony asked
The doctor took off his surgical cap and sighed.. Tony only thought the worst at that point.
"We managed to fix her leg bone and stop most of the bleeding, but…"then for a moment he paused and said nothing for a while.
"Officer David had lost a lot of blood and went into full cardiac arrest on the operating table and was down 10 minutes" He said as he paused
"What?" Tony couldn't believe he might lose the only thing he loved in his life.
"We did manage to get her heart beating again, but…" The doctor stopped and took a deep breath.
"During the difficult process she had gone into a coma." He said and then apoligized to the team.
"Is she gonna be okay?" McGee asked the doctor
"She is quite stable right now, but still critical." The doctor said reading his chart.
"When will she wake up?" Tony asked still worried.
" I can only say, it is a matter of time but if you want to go home and rest I will let you know....." He said till Tony cut him off.
" I am not going home I am going to stay with Ziva... now where is she?" Tony demanded.
" Recovery...sir." He said as he pointed to the hallway.
They all sighed as Tony walked away..
"So what actually was the cause of all the bleeding sir?" Gibbs asked
"Officer David was stabbed multiple times with a sharp tool, my guess would be a knife, One in her chest area, which punctured her right lung near her heart, three times in the stomach, and 2 times in the back, and of course the broken bone in her leg. " The doctor finished and walked away.
The Team walked to the room where their Agent was lying there fighting to stay alive and where Tony sat by Ziva' bedside and prayed one day she would wake up and be healthy.... he sat all night and held her hand and refused to leave till she woke up.

1 hour passed and Jeanne came to see Tony after she heard from McGee that Ziva had been hurt.
Tony turned around to see his best friend standing at the door and walked up and hugged her teary eyed.
"I love Ziva so much Jeanne," Tony said, trying to hold back the tears.
Jeanne took this a friendship love... and not a true love comment.

Jeanne told him she will pull through and hugged him tightly for security, and Tony knew he had to strong for Ziva but he loved her too much.
He felt his eyes starting to water; and he knew that he had to let it out or it would just build up. A tear trickled down his face, and then a whole bunch more tears just ran down, then he eventually broke down at the thought that Ziva may not survive.
Tony remembered feeling this way the day Paula Cassidy had died.

Tony remembered how much Paula had meant to him, and all the things they had done together, and working together. Paula had sacrificed her life for all of them in that room. Tony even remembered all the times that he and Kate also had working and fighting even... he missed it all. He telling himself that he would not let the same thing happen to Ziva and have to fill his head with more painful memories... but yet Tony was grateful to be alive and if it had not been for Paula, he would not be alive right now to have this chance.

Jeanne sat on another chair and comforted Tony while he sat by Ziva's bedside... watching a machine breathe for her.
A couple of minutes had passed and Tony had said nothing...
" I remember when this happened to me... not this exactly but someone standing by me." Tony said holding Ziva's hands gently.
" What do you mean? " Jeanne asked Tony looking at him with a raied eyebrow.
" When I had Pneumonic Plague... Kate stayed with me every minute, she risked her own health to watch over me... but that is what a good partner does for their team mate... they look out for each other. " Tony said watching Ziva with tears running down his face.
Tony felt a wave of survivors guilt wash over him... he knew that it wasn't his fault... and he did try to stop her, but Tony still felt bad.
Jeanne told Tony she would stay with him all night if he needed her.
Close Call by Ziva David
Author's Notes:
Tony finally gets to be with Ziva but something goes wrong that may cost her, her life.
Minutes turned into hours...

that turned into days...

that now turned into 1 week.

Tony had fallen asleep on Ziva's hand, still holding it tightly.
Ziva was still pale and had no colour to her skin.
Tony woke up to a tiny squeeze on his hand... Ziva was waking up.
" Doc...Doctor! " Tony yelled as the doctor came in.
The doctor told Ziva to take a deep breath and he took the tube out and put on a oxygen mask to help her breathe better.
But she was still breathing the same... weak, slowly, but the breathing had gotten better from not hardly breathing to a partially stable rhythm.
Ziva smiled weakly at Tony and he knew that meant thank you.
The doctor left after checking her vitals and blood pressure and recorded her progress, which was only the fact that she was awake.

Tony sat on a chair by Ziva's bed, holding her hand for the whole time she had been in a coma and he had not left that room since.
Jeanne brought him all he needed, food, water, and extra clothes and stuff like that.
"Tony…." She heard a soft, raspy, quiet voice.
"Yeah Ziva…" Tony said as he ran his hand down her cheek
"You're here... with me... but....wh-... why?" Ziva said in between deep, shallow breaths.
Tony had never felt so scared that she might die on him... and he didn't want to lose another person he cared about.
" I'm not going anywhere until you get better then I will take you home so I can take care of you " Tony said lovingly as he gave a forced smile.
She squeezed his hand telling him she understood him and that she agreed.
Ziva's breathing was becoming more and more shallow and her throat was dry which caused her to cough a lot which hurt cause she could barely breathe.
" I Can-…. can't… I can't...." Ziva panicked trying to catch whatever breath she could.
"Shhh…." Tony said putting the mask back over her mouth and stroking her head.
"Can you do something for me Tony." Ziva said after taking a little breath to be able to say this to him..
" Anything Ziva, just name it... " Tony said forcing a smile on his face again to fight back crying so he won't upset Ziva.
Ziva smiled weakly and said "…. Can you tell me something... I need to hear you say you love me " Ziva said quietly.
Tony felt more tears pouring from his eyes
" I don't ----" Tony said with his voice finally cracking.
Ziva smiled with her eyes tearing up.
" Will you tell me please?" Ziva said holding his hand a with a weak grip.
"Of course I will when the time is right" Tony said.
" I don't want to die Tony... I don't... " Ziva said crying softly.
" You won't die Ziva... you won't. " Tony said leaning in to hug Ziva to comfort her.

Tony felt his eyes burning from holding the tears back " and… get better because you are too special to me to die…I mean that you are just so.... I just... care for you so much.... you're my best friend Ziva. " Tony said finally breaking down.
Ziva put her hand on his head that had fallen on her lap, she could drown in the tears he was crying.
Ziva got it together enough to say this quietly, "and tell Gibbs…that it's been such a pleasure. Working for him…"
Tony cut her off " you will be able to tell him…you are going to get through this Ziva, you are a fighter, and you will not give up."
" Tony…. Please. " Ziva said as she sobbed.
" Tell him,….. He's been more then just a boss to me… he's been like another father to me and I thank him for making me the agent and the better woman I am today"
" Ziva…." Tony said putting his hand on her face.
" Will you do this for me" Ziva said as she grabbed his arm weakly
"…Yes. " Tony choked as he stroked her head trying to get her drink water... but it was small sips only for now.
" Thank you " Ziva said bringing Tony's hand up to her face and kissing it in appreciation for him helping her through this far.

A few minutes passed Ziva had started coughing lightly again...
But it was ruined when Ziva broke out into a series of coughing fits.
"…Oh my god! " Tony said as wiped a little bit of blood away from her mouth.
" Come on Ziva you have to drink more water... you're throat is really dry. " Tony said holding the straw to her mouth.
Ziva took a sip and squeezed her eyes shut as another sharp pain shot through his chest
" Ziva… what's wrong... what is it...? " Tony said getting up and trying to figure out what she wanted.
".. Its hurts... oh god it hurts." Ziva said finding the strength to double over holding her chest.
" Doctor!!! HELP! " Tony yelled loudly.
Tony rushed back to her side and held her close to him.
The doctors came in to do what they could... meanwhile Tony is sitting by Ziva trying to calm her down.
" Ziva…" Tony started he knew in his heart... she was going to make it, but she was too weak and she no longer had the strength to keep fighting at least not for too much longer.
" I just… I just want you to know " Ziva started choking on her breath.
" NO!" Tony said shaking his head... " you are not giving up... you hear me... you are not going to die. "
" Please " Ziva said choking on her on tears. " Tony… I can't "
" Ziva! You will not die... you hear me... you.. will.. not.. die. " Tony said remebering what Gibbs had said to him that night he had Y-Pestis.
" We will have to take her to the OR... the stitching must have opened in one of her wounds in her chest... " The doctor explained.
Don't give up by Ziva David
Author's Notes:
After Ziva arrives back from the OR she makes him promise her something.
Tony had waited for 3 hours...

Tony watched the time go by and wait for her to return, hopefully alive and looking a lot better than she did.
The doctors arrived back to recovery with Ziva... and explained to Tony that she was breathing better now and all the wounds were secured, but it would take a while for her colour to come back.
They left the room for her to rest, but Tony still would not leave her alone.
" You have so much to do in your life Ziva... and you are going to live to see it... you'll see. " Tony said showing
" thanks to you saving me yes.. I do now…" Ziva said reaching out for Tony with a strong hand... he knew she was going to make it now.
" I Love you! " Tony said kissing Ziva gently but with passion.
" you... what?…." Ziva said looking at Tony weirdly.
Tony buried his head in her stomach soaking the blanket with his tears.
Ziva softly ran her fingers through Tony's hair to calm him and seeing Tony cry like broke her heart and made her realize he did love her.. truly.
Ziva knew she was not going to leave him and realized... she did loved him.
"I Love you too, " Ziva said with a more natural voice but still a little bit quiet.. " Does Jeanne know about your feelings? " Ziva asked Tony lifting up his head slightly.
" I haven't told her yet. I can't find the words to say without hurting her more than she will when I tell her I am leaving her for you." Tony said with a sad look on his face, but his heart was beaming with joy at the same time with love.
" Remember the day I told you that you were hiding behind all these jokes and I know what you're hiding from being hurt? " Ziva asked him with a more expression, because this was a serious conversation to her and she had to know if his intentions were true.
" Yeah. " Tony said sitting up on his chair.
" When I told you this I wanted you to see clearly and find your true feelings. Follow your heart, never let your thinking tell you differently because only your heart knows what you want more than anything. Tony you have to find a way to tell Jeanne the truth." Ziva said staring at Tony with a look of love and a soft smile.
Tony looked up into her eyes and smiled at her.
" I know what my heart wants... and I have got her right in front of me. " Tony said as he took Ziva's hand. " Ever since you had that conversation with me by the staircase after I ended my phone call with Jeanne. I thought of the one who I could not stand to live without to the one I could see me leaving in the future, so I saved myself that heartache and let my heart decide. "
" Why now ? " Ziva whispered sadly.
" I don't know…I just wish I had done something to help you " Tony said sadly. "Now…can we just. Think of all the things I want to do with you,
I want to take you skiing. "
" I... have never... " Ziva tried to say but she was out of breath from talking to much.
" That is sad, you will love it... and it's fun too. " Tony said as he smiled at her softly.

" Well it sounds fun... is it dangerous ? " Ziva asked out of curiosity.
" It can be but I will make sure you are safe, but I think you should start on the ground and not down hills when we go the first time. " Tony said with a little giggle.
" No I would like to go down a hill. I think it will be fun and also it is taking a risk I have not taken yet. " Ziva said trying to sit up a bit.
" Do you need help Ziva ? " Tony asked about to get up.
" Ummm, yes... if you don't mind? I just want to sit up a little bit, my back feels sore. " Ziva said putting her hands on the bedsides.
Tony carefully went under her arms and pulled her up a little and Ziva tightened her face and grunted in pain.
" Oh god did I hurt you. " Tony said as he put her down gently.
" No, my stitches just hurt anyway... but I don't need a sore back on top of it. Well my back is sore but not stiff sore... oh never mind you know what I mean. Don't you? " Ziva said as Tony pulled her blankets up to cover Ziva.
" Of course I do... over time I have learned to understand you... " Tony said laughing.
" Yes I know but my understanding of slang is better, but not everything always comes out... right. " Ziva said looking at Tony who was sad-faced.
Ziva knew something else was upsetting Tony and not telling her something...
" Come on. What's biting you? " Ziva said trying to get that one right aside from all the others she has said.
" What's eating me.. you mean. " Tony corrected her. " I hate seeing you like this... it kills me to see my partner like this.
All bruised and battered and well, wounded. " Tony said and he put his head in his hands.
Ziva took his hand told him;
" Tony, I will be alright now... because of you and believe me I will be able to bother you a lot more in the future. You mean more to me than a friend... you have been there for me in more ways than I can count and have never taken any of the moments that we had together for granted.
We will always be the best of friends Tony and we will be there for each other when ever we need it. Yes? "
" Yeah Ziva we will, you just concentrate on getting better okay. " Tony said and Ziva nodded and pulled up to hug Tony.
Tony hugged her back and then gently laid her down and turned off her light.
" Goodnight Ziva, see you in the morning. " Tony whispered.
" Goodnight Tony... " Ziva said quietly as she turned her head to lay back on her pillow.
Tony looked at her for a moment and smiled knowing she would survive and he could leave her alone for the night and nothing would go wrong.
Tony walked out and standing there was Jeanne waiting to take him home.
The Right Choice by Ziva David
Author's Notes:
After Tony leaves he makes a tough decision but knows it was right.
That night Tony laid in bed for hours thinking about what Ziva had told him about finding a way to tell Jeanne the truth.
But that was easier said than done... he decided to wait a while before letting her know how he feels.
" Tony? " Jeanne said rolling over to face Tony.
" Yeah? " Tony said turning his head to face her.
" You..uhh. seem a bit quiet. Are you alright? " Jeanne asked laying her head on her hand.
" I'm just worried about Ziva... that's all. " Tony said sadly.
But unfortunately that was not all, in the process of these thoughts he was debating whether to tell Jeanne now or wait for a while until he felt it was the right time to tell her... until.
" Jeanne? " Tony asked.
" Yes Tony. " Jeanne replied hoping he would say something nice.
" I love Ziva..." Tony blurted out.
" I know she's your best friend..." Jeanne started before Tony cut her off.
" No Jeanne, I really love her. I.... I told her... uhh... tonight before I left. " Tony said looking down at the bed.
" You lied to me. " Jeanne started.
" No Jeanne I didn't. I really did love you, but after we moved in together I started to think more clearly. " Tony said quickly.
" Clearly?! About what? " Jeanne said crossing her arms and turning over.
" My true feelings for someone else. I had a talk with Ziva the other week after I got off the phone with you. She told me to not to hide from my feelings and to find out what my heart truly desires. " Tony said putting his hand on Jeanne' shoulder.
" She sounds wise... :" Jeanne said with a mad tone.
" She is... but Jeanne I am not trying to lie to you I am trying to be honest with you. People say 'You never know what you lost until you've lost it' well I almost lost Ziva and I never felt more scared in my life thinking she was going to die. I then realized I loved her. " Tony said hoping she would understand.
Jeanne just rolled her head back over and just started to cry.
Tony put a hand over her shoulder to try and comfort her but she just yelled at him.
" *she says raising her voice* This is what we deserve after all we have done together? *starts to talk sadly and cries more * What about the time you told me you loved me when you came crying to me. I love you Tony and you told me you loved me. You partner is hurt... she will live. Don't leave me Tony, please... " Jeanne said while crying.
Tony could not bare to see Jeanne crying and he lightly pecked her on the cheek and walked out without a word but with an explanation at least.
But Jeanne still knew why Tony left her... he left her for someone he truly loved.

Tony got in his car and drove started to drive back to the hospital but he thought he didn't want to wake up Ziva... he decided he would leave early to be there when she wakes up. Tony was thinking sub-conciously why he had lied to himself for so long and no good explanation came to his mind. Tony drove down the innerstate, it was late and the lights flashed in his eyes blinding his sight for a few seconds but it did not bother him because the only thing on his mind was Ziva's condition.
Tony pulled into his driveway and turned off his car and sat for a few minutes thinking if he should around and head to Bethesda but he knew he needed sleep and the hospital would call if anything went wrong.
Tony slipped into bed and before he knew it he was drifting off to sleep and thinking that he can't wait till morning to see Ziva again.


********************* Start Tony's Dream ***********************

" I Love you! " Tony said kissing Ziva gently but with passion.

* Next flash *

"I Love you too," Ziva said with a more natural voice but still a little bit quiet.. " Does Jeanne know about your feelings?" Ziva asked Tony lifting up his head slightly.

* Next flash *

" Remember the day I told you that you were hiding behind all these jokes and I know what you're hiding from being hurt? " Ziva asked him with a more expression, because this was a serious conversation to her and she had to know if his intentions were true.

* Next Flash *

" When I told you this I wanted you to see clearly and find your true feelings. Follow your heart, never let your thinking tell you differently because only your heart knows what you want more than anything. Tony you have to find a way to tell Jeanne the truth." Ziva said staring at Tony with a look of love and a soft smile.
Tony looked up into her eyes and smiled at her.
" I know what my heart wants... and I have got her right in front of me. " Tony said as he took Ziva's hand. " Ever since you had that conversation with me by the staircase after I ended my phone call with Jeanne. I thought of the one who I could not stand to live without to the one I could see me leaving in the future, so I saved myself that heartache and let my heart decide. "

******************** End of Tony's Dream ***********************
The Proposal by Ziva David
Author's Notes:
Tony realizes she is meant for him and asks her the question.
Tony was then awaken by the sound of his alarm at 5:30am, he shut off his clock and went to go have a shower and get dressed to see Ziva and be there when she awakens.
Tony went downstairs and grabbed a thermos with fresh orange juice in it for Ziva and coffee for him to be able to wake up. He walked outside and got in his car and sat the bag with stuff in it for Ziva and sat his coffee in the cupholder. He put his key in the car ignition and drove off to the innerstate to head to Bethesda Naval Hospital. The sun was just coming up and he remembers Ziva watching the sinrise from work if she stayed all night and always told Tony how beautiful it was and he would always complain about how bright it was and this morning he finally saw the reason why she loved the sunrise so much... she admired it's beauty.
Tony arrived at the hospital and Jeanne was standing in the emergency room.
" Jeanne! What's wrong? What happened? " Tony asked in a panic.
" Nothing, they moved Ziva to another room in recovery in the middle of the night. I came to see how she was and hoped you would be here this morning. I wanted to tell you that I do understand how you feel and that I am sorry for what I said last night. Ziva is asleep they gave her more pain killers this early in the morning. " Jeanne said in a huge breath and told Tony she hoped for the best for Ziva and walked out.

Tony walked up to Recovery and asked where Ziva was and she had only been moved to the end of the other hall ahead of the nurses station.
Tony quietly walked in and sat in the chair, but the squeak of the chair woke her up.
" Tony, you're back. " Ziva said smiling and holding his hand.
" Of course I came back I would not leave you alone. I am not leaving you alone until you are outta here. " Tony said kissing her hand softly.
Ziva looked a lot better but she was still very, very sore... bullet wounds take forever to heal metaphorically speaking.
The nurse had come in earlier to change the dressing on her wounds and told her the stitching would take a while to heal and that the swelling would go down in time.
Tony was pondering weather to ask her now or wait till she got out o the hospital. But if she died then she would now how he truly felt about her and he would have always be apart of her even if she was gone.
" Ziva? " Tony asked knealing at her bedside.
Ziva had no idea what he was doing then Tony pulled out a box from his pocket... Ziva then realized what was coming and she started to cry.
" Tony... no I -- " Ziva started.
" Ziva, I am not waiting any longer to ask you. You are sick right now and I am not having you die on me without me asking you this question.
Ever since I first met you I felt a connection between us, at first I had no idea what it was but then as our time grew together I knew I loved you and the thought of me losing you did not sit well with me. I want you to walk my life with me and I want you by my side and take risks with me as I am taking this risk with you now. " Tony said waiting for Ziva to answer him.
" Yes... " Ziva said holding out her hand as Tony slipped the ring on her finger. It was a rectangle cut with 24 krt gold band and it sparkled with every move. She pulled her hand away and looked at it, it was elegant and she loved it.
Tony leaned in and kissed Ziva and whispered in her ear that he loved her but this time with the words " I love you " he had never said anything different to her... never " love you " it was always 3 words.
" Tony I love you. " Ziva said hugging Tony tightly.
A doctor came in and told Ziva she could go home in a week or maybe less depending on how she is feeling and if the doctors agree.
Ziva nodded and told them she felt alright so far and the doctor said then let's hope it stays that way.
The Announcement by Ziva David
Author's Notes:
After making their choice they decide to break their news and work breaks the ice with a missing petty officer.
2 months had passed and Ziva had been out of the hospital for 15 days, the team already knew about the engagment but Gibbs was still not too kean abou the idea but he knew he could not stop them if they really loved each other that much. Ziva was about to take her painkillers,
She had been adviced by a doctor that after her departure from the hospital that she was to take painkillers till everything had healed and the discomfort was completely subsided. Tony followed her into the kitchen and gave her 2 painkillers and a glass of water. Ziva took the pills and swallowed them then headed into the livingroom.
" You know what Tony? " Ziva asked as she sat down on the couch.
" What? " Tony asked sitting beside her and wrapping his arm around her shoulder as she cuddled up to him.
" When you and I were just friends. I never thought we would be living together as a couple. " Ziva said giggling.
" I know, me too... but Ziva when you love someone and you are serious enough about your choices. Take action. " Tony said stroking her hair then placing his hand on her shoulder and rubbing her arm.
" Tony, I think we should get married soon... not right now but in a couple of months or so. Yes? " Ziva said looking up to face him.
" Yeah... yeah we should... a nice Jewish wedding with a Rabbi and -- " Tony rambled.
" No, " Ziva said sitting up.
" No?? " Tony said facing her.
" I want your kind of wedding. Something different... for once. " Ziva said smiling and pulling out a bridal magazine and asked if they should look for a dress for her.
" Sure... let's look. " Tony said and they sat on the couch for hours going through the book joking, laughing and writing down prices and item numbers. Until she came to one she really liked.. a white satin, strapless dress with an embroided shear lace cover on the bell part of the dress by Davinci Bridal Collections that extended over 15 feet back.
Then they ordered with the dress with white satin gloves by Perfect Details and a veil that would wrap perfectly around a bun in her hair with the rest of her bottom layers of her hair down.
" Oh, Tony this dress is so beautiful... " Ziva said showing him.
" What is the price and the item number for ordering? " Tony asked with a pen in hand.
" Umm... oh here it is. The dress plus all the accessories is $ 1, 525 and the item number is #WD2453467. " Ziva said reading the page.
" Alright we shall order that when the time is near and we have made our annoncement. " Tony said taking the book from her and laying it on the table.
" That's great when I go back to work we will announce it then. " Ziva said as she got up and walked into the kitchen to grab another glass of water. " Hey what type of food should we put on the list for the reception? " Ziva asked but Tony thought to himself that she might want to get sooner than she thinks, something in his gut told him they should.
Tony got on the phone that night to make with a church and a place for the reception. Tony wrote down times, dates and other important stuff and he wanted to surprise Ziva tomorrow at work.
The office had already been fixed but certain things were taking a little time like the elevators and the staircases at the elevators end.

The next day Tony went to work with Ziva and he stood in front of Gibbs while Ziva was at her desk.
" Would you like me to announce DiNozzo? " Gibbs asked taking off his glasses.
" Boss... Ziva and I are getting married... " Tony started and Ziva's eyes widened. " in two weeks. " Tony ended and Ziva was wide eyed more.
" Hey wait to go Tony... congratulations. " McGee said as he walked in on the last part.
" Thanks Probie... " Tony said with a smile.
" Congratulations Ziva on your upcoming wedding. " The Director said arriving in the bullpen as she heard Tony from the staircase.
" Thank you Director. " Ziva said as she stood by Tony's side.
" Where's the ring Ziva!! " Abby said as she ran up after McGee telling her on the phone.
Ziva held out her hand to reveal her ring to Abby and the Director. Gibbs came over to look and took her hand to look at it more.
" Oh my god Ziva, that is so gorgeous! I Better get a ring that big McGee... just kidding. " Abby said holding Ziva's hand to look closer.
" Really nice... wow. Nice choice Tony. " Director Shepard said holding the ring closer to her.
" Nice ring DiNozzo... really nice. Good work. " Gibbs said holding the ring to his face cause of his glasses then returning to his desk.
" Thanks boss. " Tony said as he kissed his fiancee on the side of her head. " I could not have made a better choice. " Tony finished.
" Now that our chats are done... we have a missing Petty Officer Joseph Duncan out of Jacksonville, FL. Navy Base.
Ziva pull his records from the naval databases. Tony, you and McGee get to that base and talk to the CO. " Gibbs instructed and Ziva sighed at the fact that she had just been sentenced to desk work due to an injury. ' This is ridiculous ' Ziva thought to herself but she knew she had to or she might cause trouble her herself internally.
She sat at her desk and pulled the mans records to see if he had any criminal history or anything suspicious, but nothing had come up... he was clean. Then came phone records... she noticed one call he had made several times in the last week to Manassas, Virginia to a Sgt. Mitchell McCabe. She pulled the number and located an address.
" Gibbs... " Ziva started until she was interrupted.
" Go get him... " Gibbs ended pointing to the elevator.
Ziva got up and grabbed her gear and ran for the elevator. In the car heading to Manassas she was thinking about what Tony had done for her and the only thing she could think of was it was so sweet of him and that she could not wait to get married.
Ziva arrived in Manassas and serached for the house she was supposed to find this person Mr. McCabe. She pulled upto the house and got out of her car with her badge ready and gun in the holder.
Ziva knocked on the door and a man that looked about 35-40, and pretty tall answered the door and he was caucasian with dark brown hair and light blue eyes.
" Can I help you? " The man asked.
" Mr. McCabe? *the man nods* Officer Ziva David, NCIS I want to ask you a few questions regarding a Petty Officer Joseph Duncan. " Ziva said as she flashed her badge then lowered it back to her pocket.
The man looked around freaked out and told her to come inside.
Inside the house Ziva sat down on the couch and when Mr. McCabe sat down she started to ask him her questions.
" When was the last time you saw the Petty Officer, Sergent? " Ziva asked with her leg crossed over.
" Not for at least a month Ma'am. " The Sergent told her. " Why is he in trouble ma'am? " he asked her.
" Why would say that Sergent? " Ziva asked raising her brow.
" NCIS would not come knocking at a Marines door for no reason Ma'am. " The sergent said as he got up from his chair.
" Well no Sergent, we wouldn't but the reason I am here is because, Petty Officer Duncan is missing. " Ziva said and the Sergent sat there frozen.
Reunited by Ziva David
Author's Notes:
Sara is reunited with her aunt after the attack. Tony and Ziva make love for the first time.
Back at the headquarters in the bullpen Tony and McGee just got back and gave Gibbs the report that the CO had given to them.
" Where's Ziva boss? " Tony asked looking at Ziva's empty desk.
" Gone to talk to a recent contact of the Petty Officer, in Manassas. " Gibbs said as he read the report.
" Oh, I'm sure she will be back soon. " Tony said before going to sit at his desk and he gave a worried look considering she had not been well since she left the hospital with her pain flashes.
Gibbs could see he was worried and he told Tony to call her and make sure she was alright.
Tony got on his phone and waited or her to answer.
" David? " Ziva answered.
" Hey, it's me. " Tony replied.
" Hey Tony, you okay? " Ziva asked concerned.
" Yeah, but are you okay honey? " Tony asked hoping for a good answer.
" Yes, Tony I am fine. I am on my way back now. I love you and I will see you soon. " Ziva said and she hung up her cellphone.
Tony hung up his phone and sighed.
" She said she's okay boss. " Tony said looking at his computer that just recieved an email.
Tony opened it and it was from Kate.

**********************************
Hi Tony,

I am currently on a plane that left Witchita, Kansas 2 hours. I was with Sara showing her where I used to work. I heard that Ziva is out of the hospital and I am going to bring back Sara and will be back there in 1 hour in the bullpen.

See you in a bit,
Kate
**********************************

Tony faced Gibbs and the computer while typing back to her at the same time.
" Boss, I just heard from Kate she is on her way back here with Ziva's niece, her ETA is 1 hour. " Tony said as Gibbs looked up at him.
" Thanks Tony. " Gibbs said and went back to his computer work.

1 hour later Kate arrived back with Sara who saw her aunt Ziva sitting at her desk.
" Auntie Ziva! " Sara said as Ziva turned around and saw her niece running with open arms to her.
Ziva got up and came out of the bullpen and Sara jumpd into her arms and Ziva spun her around and hugged her.
" Shalom lior, it is so good to see you sweetheart. " Ziva said as she hugged her securly.
" I missed you... Kate said I had to let you sleep. " Sara said looking at her aunt
" Aunt Ziva wasn't feeling well honey. I needed to rest for a while. " Ziva said sitting back at her desk with her niece in arm.
" I spoke to the sergent that was phoned by the Petty Officer and he really did not have much to say about the him and that he hasn't heard from him in a month at least. " Ziva said to Gibbs and gave him a letter that Ziva had put in an evidence bag that the Sergent handed her before she left.
" The Petty Officer does not look like he has been kidnapped. " But Gibbs gave the letter a funny look. " I am taking it down to Abby for a handwriting analysis. The Petty Officer has a copy of a written statement on his files. " Gibbs finished as he headed down to Abby's lab.
Night had fallen and the team was tired, they had not found the Petty Officer still.
" Boss!! " McGee came back from Abby's lab yelling.
" The handwriting didn't match it was written by the Sergent. " McGee said as he got to Gibbs' desk.
" Let's roll! " Gibbs shouted.
The team arrived at the Sergents house in full gear and uniform armed.
" Tony, Ziva cover the back... McGee you're with me. " Gibbs instructed.
Gibbs broke down the door after hearing a lamp crash and saw the Sergent with a knife to the Petty Officers throat.
" Sergent McCabe! NCIS! Drop the weapon! " Gibbs yelled.
" Drop your weapon! " Ziva repeated.
The Sergent started to draw back the knife to throw it and Gibbs wound up and the rest of the followed and shot him.
The Petty Officer cut loose from his grip and ran over to the team who awaited him to take back to Jacksonville Naval Base.
" Thank you so much Special Agent Gibbs. " The Petty Officer said as he walked out to Gibbs car.

That night Ziva laid in bed and Tony was running his fingers through her hair as she laid on his chest with her head in his arm.
" Tony? " Ziva said.
" Yeah? " Tony answered while yawning.
" Thank you... for planning the wedding for me and making it earlier than I expected. " Ziva said as she kissed his chest.
" Your welcme Ziva, I thought it would surprise you. " Tony said and kissed her on the head.
" It did surprise me and I think it was a good choice. " Ziva said and cuddled up to him more and wrapped her arm around his chest.
Their wedding was in a couple of weeks and there was a lot to do before then.
Tony slides closer to Ziva. Tony begins to let his fingers slip down past Ziva's lips. Ziva turns her head as Tony leans in with one hand around her back across stomach, the other craddling her head and begins to kiss her lower lip softly then her upper lip. Tony slowly slides his tounge into her mouth, massaging her tounge with his, his hand slips down resting on her butt. Ziva realizing this time isn't part of the job and that it is just a natural time for a couple starts kissing him back passionately. Their tounges collide as their lips lock. Tony's hands are so soft and caress Ziva's back. The kissing starts to get more intense and her leg overlaps his and he flips himself on top of her. Tony slowly starts moving over her, making love to her and silence is all that is heard until her gasp breaks their silence. Ziva starts kissing Tony more and he breaks the kiss and starts kissing her neck and she caresses his neck with her soft hands. Tony moves over her so carefully and so passiontely, leaving her gasping more and more until she is breathless. Ziva grips the bed trying not to scream he was so intense.. she was lost in him. Tony begins to caress her breast with his hand, massaging her nipple gently with his thumb and kissing the side of her neck near her chin, leaving her gasping quietly. Her gasps turn into small moans and her legs wrap around him under the sheets. Her moans are heard under her breath as she kisses Tony. Tony breaks the kiss and starts going faster in a continuous rapid motion. Ziva arches her back and tilts her head back moaning. Tony doesn't want to stop he loves her so much, and he has been holding this in for so long. The emotions and feelings he had for her had been kept from her and he knew it was time to let go now. Ziva feels something strange but does not know what it was but she does not care at that moment. Ziva starts panting faster and grabs the back of the head board, arching her back again and lets out a big moan. Tony slowly stops and rolls off her and lays beside her panting and Ziva laid there breathless and panting slowly.
" Wow, that was something I have never felt before. " Ziva said looking at Tony tired.
" Yeah. you're good. " Tony said as they both giggled.
Ziva fell in his arms, kissed him and in a while drifted off to sleep.
Tony just laid there for hours and watched Ziva sleep so peacefully.
I Do by Ziva David
Author's Notes:
The DiNozzo Wedding everyone has been waiting for.
2 week had passed and the big day had come... The DiNozzo's wedding day.
Ziva was with Abby getting her dress buttoned up and Ziva was getting her gloves one and secured.
Ziva was facing a mirror reciting her vows over and over again making sure she does not screw up on the altar.
Tony was in his room with getting his Minsky Designed Tuxedo tuxedo on and McGee, who was his best man was helping him with his bow tie.
Everyone was arriving by this time... Gibbs arrived with his now girlfriend Lt. Col. Hollis Mann.
Ducky arrived with Director Shepard and Palmer came with Agent Lee which was no surprise and Kate arrived with her new boyfriend Sergent Antonio Baccalieri, a Marine from Italy, who was pressed and dressed in full uniform.
Family and friends were arriving and much to Tony's surprise Jeanne arrived with a friend of hers so she would not have gone alone.
The brides maids were ready expect for Abby she was Ziva's maid of honor. Tony's cousin was one of her maids and some of their friends as well from work. The ring bearer was Tony's nephew Dante who was 8 and the two flower girls were Emily Fornell and Sara David who were both nearly the same height and close in age... Emily who is 9 and Sara who is 7.
Everything was perfect the church as nicely done, white roses wrapped by white ribbon for her bouquet and an assortment of white roses, lillies and red roses in beautiful crystal vases on the alter. Tony had really done a good job with the arrangements to make this the best day possible for his soon to be Mrs. DiNozzo.
In the brides room Abby was fixing Ziva's hair in a half bun and straigtening the bottom layers of her hair that were down.
" Abby, do you think that I am making the right decision? " Ziva asked nervously.
" You know what Ziva, there is no better man for you on the face of this planet that would be better for you than Tony. You guys were like born for each other. " Abby said as she sprayed more straightening oil in Ziva's hair and then she started the straightening again.
" Yes you are right... I never expected to be with him the way it ended up playing out. But everything goes for a reason. Yes? " Ziva said.
" Everything happens for a reason, Ziva. " Abby said giggling as she put down the straightener and sprayed a shiner in Ziva's hair and carefully put on the 10 foot long veil over her tightly secured with bobbie-pins bun Abby had done for her. Then Abby took out a box with a beautiful tiny diamond necklace on a thin silver chain from Tiffanys and put it around Ziva's neck.
" Abby this is stunning where did you get this? " Ziva said putting her hand over the diamond.
" Oh this, this is mine from along time ago. My mom bought it for me, but I am letting you wear it cause you're my bestest friend. " Abby said smiling.
The way she said that made Ziva smile and then she got up for one last glance at her dress and the way she looked.
The usher came in and told Ziva it was time to get started. Ziva took a big breath and headed out the door to the back of the church where all the brides maids and now her maid of honor were waiting for her. The girls were up in front and the ring bearer was up front with Tony.
The music began to play and the flowers girls started down the isle gracefully laying a trail of white and pink rose petals behind them.
The maid of honor which was Abby then started down the isle as the other maids followed her in their beautiful baby pastel pink gowns and white and pink roses in hand. Everyone arose when Ziva started to proceed down the isle... she had a glowing smile on her face, the whole way down her heart was pounding and she looked gorgeous. Her face had a little makeup but looked naturally beautiful and not over done.
When she reached the end everyone was seated and the minister began.

""We are gathered here today to witness the union of two people in Holy Matrimony, Anthony DiNozzo and Ziva David. If there's any reason why these two shouldn't marry, please speak now or forever hold your peace."
No one said a word because they all knew Tony loved her more than anything in the world.
" We now hear of both Bride and Groom their words of love and honor to one another. " The priest siad as he held the bible in his hands.
" Ziva, from the first moment I saw you I knew you were my soulmate. They say you know when you have found that person in your life you were meant to be with forever. I almost lost you and I could not bare to live without you my whole life knowing I did not tell you I loved you. Ziva, I want you to walk my lifes path with me and be my best friend, my lover, and my wife. " Tony said with tears in his eyes.
" Tony, when we first met I did not think this would be possible and I knew my feelings were more than platonic. When I was lying in the hosptial thinking I was not going to make it, I thought there was nothing left for me. Unti lyou took my pain away and told me you loved me. I know what my heart desires and that desire is standing in front of me now. I am ready to be your wife, your best friend and your lover. " Ziva said with tears running from her eyes.
" My we have the rings? " The priest said as Dante brought them to the bride and groom.
" I Anthony DiNozzo, Do take thee Ziva David to be my wife. I promise to honor you, cherish you and love you forever till death do us part. " Tony said and slipped the wedding band on her finger.
" I Ziva David, Do take thee Anthony DiNozzo to be my husband. I promise to honor you, cherish you and love you forever till death do us part. " Ziva said as she put a wedding band on his finger.
" Do you Anthony DiNozzo take this woman to be you lawful wedded wife, for better or for worse, in sickness and in health till death do you part as long as you both shall live? " The priest said turning to Tony.
" I Do. " Tony said looking Ziva right in the eye smiling.
" and do you Ziva David take this man to be you lawful wedded husband, for better or for worse, in sickness and in health till death do you part as long as you both shall live? " The priest said turning to Ziva.
" I Do. " Ziva said looking Tony in the eyes and smiling at him.
"We acknowledge the Unity of all within the sovereignty of God, expressing our appreciation for this wine, symbol and aid of our rejoicing.
We acknowledge the Unity of all within the sovereignty of God, realizing that each separate moment and every distinct object points to and shares in this oneness.
We acknowledge the Unity of all within the sovereignty of God, recognizing and appreciating the blessing of being human.
We acknowledge the Unity of all within the sovereignty of God, realizing the special gift of awareness that permits us to perceive this unity and the wonder we experience as a man and a woman joined to live together.
May rejoicing resound throughout the world as the homeless are given homes, persecution and oppression cease, and all people learn to live in peace with each other and in harmony with their environment.
From the Divine, source of all energy, we call forth an abundance of love to envelop this couple. May they be for each other lovers and friends, and may their love partake of the same innocence, purity, and sense of discovery that we imagine the first couple to have experienced.
We acknowledge the Unity of all within the sovereignty of God, and we highlight today joy and gladness, bridegroom and bride, delight and cheer, love and harmony, peace and companionship. May we all witness the day when the dominant sounds through the world will be these sounds of happiness, the voices of lovers, the sounds of feasting and singing.
Praised is love; blessed be this marriage. May the bride and bridegroom rejoice together. I present to you Mr. and Mrs. DiNozzo. " The priest said closing his bible.
Santé by Ziva David
Author's Notes:
The Recpetion and a toast to his new life with the woman he loves.
At the reception which was held at Laurelwood Reception Hall in Washington, everyone was sitting and chatting with the bride and groom and one another. Then Tony stood tapping his champagne glass with a spoon and declared a toast.
" Everyone, if I may have you attention. I want to thank you all for attending this very special day for Ziva and I and we appreciate all of you being here. I would like to thank especially McGee who was my best man and Abby who was Ziva's maid of honor. Our little flower girls, Emily Fornell and my niece Sara David and most importantly our boss, Special Agent Leroy Jethro Gibbs and our Director, Jennifer Shepard for making this all possible for us. We could not have done it without you, all of you. To my wife and all of you I propose a toast. Cheers! " Tony said as everyone repeated and drank to his proposal.
" Sante. " Jeanne says quietly as she remembers her date with Tony a the bar.
Then McGee came up to the microphone and announced the first dance of the bride and groom.
To the song 'Open Arms by Journey' and the lights went dim and the soft glow of dancing lights filled the room.
Tony and Ziva in each others arms danced so gracefully as they gazed into each others eyes so lovingly each remembering moments that they had shared together.

************************************************************

(Lying beside you, here in the dark
Feeling your heart beat with mind
Softly you whisper, youre so sincere
How could our love be so blind
We sailed on together
We drifted apart
And here you are by my side)

During this moment they remembered the first time they met in the bullpen and Tony introduces himself to her.
The moment undercover when they were lying in bed talking and she was laying on his chest.
Tony remembers the talk by the staircase and Ziva walking away.

(So now I come to you, with open arms
Nothing to hide, believe what I say
So here I am with open arms
Hoping you'll see what your love means to me
Open arms)

They remember Tony proposing to her in the hospital.
She says yes and kisses him.
She looks into his eyes and tears fall.
Tony wipes tears from her eyes.

(Living without you, living alone
This empty house seems so cold
Wanting to hold you, wanting you near
How much I wanted you home
But now that youve come back
Turned night into day
I need you to stay.)

Tony remembers all the times they shared together, locked in a carrier, undercover, and laughing in the office.
Ziva remembers the time she felt hurt when Tony was talking to Jeanne on his other phone.
They remember making love 2 weeks before the wedding

(So now I come to you, with open arms
Nothing to hide, believe what I say
So here I am with open arms
Hoping you'll see what your love means to me
Open arms)


Tony and Ziva wrapped in each others arms and her head on his shoulder, dance slowly for the rest of the song. After they danced to 'From This Moment On by Shania Twain' as others come in to join them, Gibbs and Hollis and everyone who brought someone with them. They cut their cake and had fun most of the night. This will surely be a night both of them will never forget for a day in their lives.

************************************************************
New Addition by Ziva David
Author's Notes:
3 weeks after their night of passion they find out they have a new addition to their family.
Two days after they had been married Ziva woke up and she suddenly felt ill.
She did not so what was wrong with her and she went into the bathroom and starting thowing up.
Tony who was in bed at the time heard her and went in to check on her and make sure she was okay.
" Ziva, are you okay? " Tony asked pulling her hair back.
" No, I feel -- ugh *she holds her stomach for a second* I feel sick. " Ziva says catching her breath.
" I see that... what is making you feel like this? " Tony asked wondering if she needed a doctor.
" I am not sure. " Ziva said as she got up to move to the sink.
Tony rinsed a cloth and wiped her face and sat her down on the bedside and phoned the doctor.
" They said we can come in now if we want to. " Tony said still on the phone.
" We're going. " Ziva said getting up and walking out the bedroom door.
15 mins later they arrived at the doctors office Tony and Ziva awaited the results of the bloodtests and were nervous.
" What do think it is? " Ziva asked Tony.
" I don't know I hope it is nothing serious. " Tony said looking around the room.
The doctor came back in and she sat down.
" Mr. and Mrs. DiNozzo, I am pleased to say the condition is not serious. " The doctor started.
" Oh good, wait... what condition? " Ziva asked confused.
" Mrs. DiNozzo, you are 3 weeks pregnant, Congratulations. " The doctor finished and walked out.
Tony sat there shocked and Ziva did not know what to say.
' I'm gonna be a mother... oh... my... god... I am going to be a mother... finally, my own family. ' Ziva thought to herself, and realizing this was not a dream and that this was actually happening to her she started to laugh quietly and stared at Tony.
She got off the table and jumped into Tony's arms screaming.
" WE'RE GONNA HAVE A BABY!!!! " Ziva screamed before laughing.
Tony hugged her and smiled bigger than he ever had before and they started laughing with joy then kissed each other and smiled and hugged again... Tony DiNozzo was finally going to be a dad and have kids of his own with the woman he loved, and not just with anyone through a donor.
They went all the way home talking about this and thinking about what it might be and what the nursery colour should be.
The first thing Tony mentioned was turning his guestroom into a nursery and then choosing a colour that suited either gender.
Ziva agreed and they drove home to get some ideas.
Tony and Ziva went upstairs to look at the room and they tried to figure out a floorplan mesuring out how much room they would need for what items. They would need a crib, a dresser and shelf system, a change table and a single dresser for diapers and to put a small lamp on top.


The next day at work Ziva sat at her desk wanting to talk to someone about her newly found news of joy, but she was thinking of who to talk to that could help her plus keep a secret until she was ready to tell Gibbs and the Director. The only person that came to her mind was the only person who would not tell a soul your secrets, Abby.
"Great job Sara!" Abby smiled at Sara as she walked over and pulled up her chair and sat by her and about to give her a lesson on DNA testing but at that point, a very worried, but ready to blurt it out looking Ziva walked in.
"Abby, can I ... umm...talk to you for a moment?" Ziva asked, looking more chipper than she usually is, but worried.
"Sure. " Abby said looking at her wondering what was bothering her.
"Lior, go and see what you uncle Tony is doing upstairs, he might be on his computer." Ziva said to Sara guiding her out the lab door to the stairs.
"Do you think I would be a good mother, Abby?" Ziva looked really worried because she was nearly crying, as if she was waiting for Abby to deliver some kind of severe bad judgment at her face.
"Sure I do. You would make a way cool super mom. But why do you as- " Her eyes widened in shock suddenly and she turned to face Ziva...
"Wait a sec, Ziva-your not-- not-- are you? " Abby said putting her hands on Ziva's shoulder which made Ziva lean back a little.
"I am." Ziva replied with a faint smile on her face and also looked worried at the same time.
"No worries Ziva. It's going to be okay." Abby took two steps towards Ziva and enveloped her in a hug "Have you told him yet?"
"Yes, we found out at the doctors yesterday, I was sick that morning and he took me. I was expecting to hear I had the flu or something and I find out I am pregnant." Ziva said sitting down slowly like she was going to faint.
" Whoa, are you okay? " Abby asked putting her hand behind Ziva.
" Yes I am just worried about how Gibbs and the Director will act. " Ziva said worried with her head in her hands leaning on her knees.
" You mean react... and If they can tolerate you getting married to Tony, they can swallow this... " Abby said putting her hand on Ziva's shoulder to comfort her. " I hope... " Abby continued quietly.
A Night on The Water by Ziva David
Author's Notes:
They decide to tell the team their big news. After they spend time by the water till the sun goes down.
" I'm pregnant." Ziva said in front of everyone upstairs so fast everyone was in shock to hear it that quickly.
McGee was staring open mouthed at Ziva then at Tony and his eyes looked like they were going to buldge out of his skull.
"What're you staring at, McGeek? Back to work!" Tony barked, narrowing his eyes at McGee so he immediately hunched his shoulders over and began to type. Gibbs, on the other hand simply stared and smiled.
" Ziva, how long have you been pregnant? " Gibbs asked with his fingers taping his desk.
" ummm, 3 weeks. " Ziva said with her head down and turned to the side thinking he was mad.
" Your leave is effective 2 weeks before delievery. Congratulations. " Gibbs said smiling.
Ziva smiled and Tony got up and kissed his wife and they both in unison thanked Gibbs.
Tony kissed Ziva again then went back to their desks and smiled at each other.
That day nothing went wrong, no one had died, got hurt, went missing or got kidnapped... so NCIS had nothing to do but papaerwork.

That day after work Tony and Ziva were on their way home at 7pm, the sun was just beginning to set.
Tony saw an exit to the beach and quickly took a turn down the innerstate towards the beach.
" Tony, what are you doing? I thought we were going home? " Ziva said looking at the water and the beach.
" Taking you somewhere. " Tony said driving into the parking lot and parked the car.
Tony jumped out of the car and put his jacket in the car and took off his tie and unbuttoned his shirt.
" You want to go to the beach? Now? " Ziva said looking at Tony with a raised brow smiling.
" Sure, last one to the water is going in. " Tony said running to toward the stairs.
Ziva got out of the car, in her beautiful black summer dress and her black jewelled sandals and wearing a pair of dark brown shades and ran down the stairs after her husband. Ziva reached the water and saw no sign of Tony.
" Tony!... Tony!!.... Come on this isn't funny. " Ziva called and was starting to worry.
Tony jumped out from behind her and scared the life out of her. Tony had gone behind a bush get his clothes off down to his trunks, he wore them cause he knew they would be going to the beach. Ziva got off her dress, sunglasses and sandals down to her black bikini, she wore it because she could not find anything comfortable to wear below her dress. She was about to run into the water, then she saw Tony with a bucket he had found on the beach, full of water.
" Tony what are you going to... umm... do with that? " Ziva said backing up.
" Nothing much... just you know. " Tony said stepping towards Ziva pulling the bucket back.
" Ummm.... no, I have no idea. Tell me. " Ziva said backing up more.
" This * throws the water at Ziva* " Tony says lashing the water at her.
" Oh god, that's cold. That's it... your gonna get it. " Ziva said she darted back and ran at Tony knocking him into the water.
Instead of him going in alone he grabbed her gently around her stomach pulling her with him.
Tony rose above the water and their was no sign of Ziva anywhere.
" Awww come on Ziva. Don't do this to me! Please! I'll make it up to you! Promise! " Tony said looking around.
" Gotcha! " Ziva said as she jumped out from the water and put her arms around Tony's neck.
" God, Ziva you scared me. " Tony said as he jumped cause he was scared.
Ziva said she was sorry in a pouty voice and kissed down his neck.
" Okay, sorry won't cover that... *she continues kissing his neck* much. * Tony swings her around front into his arms* this is gonna cost you tonight, ya know. " Tony said with Ziva in his arms and she had her arms wrapped around his neck gently.
" I will do anything to make it up to you. But wait didn't you say you would do that. " Ziva said looking at him with a bedroom look.
" hmmmm, maybe. What about you go for a swim and we will go home and ya know... " Tony said holding Ziva up higher.
" Go for a swim? " Ziva asked.
" Yeah, plug your nose. " Tony said as he rose Ziva up higher.
Ziva knew what was coming and she plugged her nose and just in time as Tony threw he into the water.
It was safe they were out pretty far where there were no rocks, just sand.
Ziva came back up laughing and swam with her head above water back to Tony, he ducked down to her and they started kissing each other as the water gently hugged their bodies and the gentle waves streamed over their shoulders. Tony cradlled her head and Ziva wrapped her arms around Tony's neck, hugging him... with her legs around his waist and he passionately kissed her.
Then broke the kiss and started splashing each other and playing around in the water.
Evening had come and they had been laying on the beach. Ziva had gotten her dress on and her hair was dry now and curlier than usual, because her hair was wet before. Ziva stood there by the water with her hair blowing in the gentle breeze, staring out into the water, Ziva closed her eyes and listened to the waves on the rocks and opened her eyes to see the waves gently dancing on the water. The water was sparkling as the sun started to set on the horizon.
Tony came up behind her and wrapped his arms around the top of her chest and she placed her hands on his arms. Tony leaned in and kissed her neck and she turned her head and kissed him. They smiled at each other and kissed again before she turned back around to face the water. Ziva laid her head back on Tony's shoulder, and his head against hers, and they stood there together, in each others arms and watched the sunset.
4 Months by Ziva David
Author's Notes:
4 Months into her pregnancy they start to prepare for their baby.
4 MONTHS LATER

Tony and Ziva had already bought a house near the Washington Navy Yard. The house was beautiful, a huge Italian, Middle Eastern designed interior, which they had created a mixed style of both their hertiages with heirlooms and store bought items.
That day she had an ultrasound checkup at the hospital and she wanted Tony to come with her, she was scared.
They had not gotten one before then, so it frightened her to think she had no idea whether the baby was alright or not.
Tony and Ziva arrived at the hospital and went to the X-Ray/Ultrasound waiting area and approached the front desk.
" Hi, my wife Ziva DiNozzo has an appointment for an ultrasound with Dr. Casey at 10:30am. " Tony said and waited for the confirmation.
" Okay, can we see your health card Mrs. DiNozzo? " The receptionist asked Ziva.
" Uh, yes.. yes. Here you go ma'am. " Ziva said and handed it to Tony.
" Thank you Mrs. DiNozzo.. you may take a seat and the doctor should be with you shortly. " the recpetionist said and called the next person waiting.
Tony and Ziva sat down and were reading a Parenting magazine when a doctor came out to the doorway.
" Ziva DiNozzo? " The doctor said looking around.
Ziva and Tony got up and followed the doctor down the hall and into a room.
" Okay Mrs. DiNozzo, I need you to put this gown on, tie it up at the front, you can leave your jeans on though and come out when you are done to that room over there. " The doctor said pointing to room across the hall.
Ziva got changed and she and her husband entered the Ultrasound Room.
" Okay, lay down and open your gown please. " The doctor instructed.
" Alright... " Ziva said as she did what the doctor had ordered.
The doctor squirted gel on Ziva's lower abdomen and pressed the monitor to her uterus, which made Ziva's face curl in pain because her stomach was full of water due to procedure preparation and plus her abdomen was swollen.
The doctor moved the monitor around and then turned the screen to Tony and Ziva.
" Okay, there is your baby right there in this little space. " The doctor told them as she pointed to the baby.
" Oh my god... Tony look at out baby. " Ziva said as she stared at her baby moving a little in the womb.
" Wow, this is incredible.. hey doc is there anyway we can get a photo? " Tony asked as he stared at the screen at his little DiNozzo.
" Sure, just let me get a clear picture and zoom in here... and the picture is done. " The doctor said and then she went down to the printer and took out the photo and handed it to Tony.
" Would you like to know the sex of the baby? " The doctor asked.
" No. " Tony and Ziva both said in unison and the nurse just laughed and told them they could go now.

Ziva sat in the house that evening looking through a book of baby names trying to think of as many as possible. She had been writing down names as they appeared interesting to her for a first name or a middle name. Ziva asked him before he left if they should give their child a name that was in English, but he said they don't have to since the baby will be part Israeli, he was not going to say it has to be English. That just wasn't Tony.
There were thousands, if not millions of names ranging from beautiful to okay to ugly to who in gods name would name their child that?
There had not been a single drop of rain all week and she looked out the window gazing at the sky thinkng of what the baby will look like.
" Hi Ziva, I'm home. " Tony shouted from the foyer at the front door.
" Hey I'm in the livingroom. " Ziva said as Tony came in to find her sitting on the couch with soaking wet hair and with a book on her lap.
He walked towards her and she moved over to make room for him to sit with her.
"Any good names in the book I bought you?" Tony said as he sat and pulled her gently into his side and put his arm around her.
" Yes, I thought of Alexandra, Lily, Betina, Devora, Dova... that was my mothers name, Rania and Marcella. For boys, James, Ryan, Anthony Jr and Haviv, that was my grandfathers name " Ziva said reading her list and then closing the book.
" wow that was a long list and lots of good names, I love the fact that you thought of Anthony Jr. thanks. " Tony said smiling.
" No problem, I thought you would like that. " Ziva said looking at Tony with a 'bedroom' look.

Tony got up and took her hand and they headed upstairs.
Ziva slowly took of her shirt, to reveal her black bra, her wet, smooth and shiny hair, and her beautiful, dark smooth skin. Ziva looked at him and started to arch her back as he caressed her. When Tony was starting to unbutton his shirt, she threw her shirt away and Tony took his shirt off and threw it over with Ziva's. Tony kissed her neck working his way down to kiss her belly which was nicely shaped and still pretty small but visibly round to notice she was pregnant. They both fell on the bed kissing so intensly but Tony was careful not to hurt his wife.
Tony ran his hand down the side of Ziva's hip and carefully started to make love to her. At first she was scared but then she realized she had to trust him and that he would not do anything to harm her or the baby. Ziva slowly started to move with his body which was warm and smooth and she moaned with every moved he made. Ziva gripped the bed in reaction to the intensity of his motions and starts to make small pants with her moans and he starts to move a little quicker but not too fast and then she shakes and moans in pain for a minute leaving Tony worried and he immediately gets off her.
" What's wrong? " Tony asks.
" Nothing I just felt a shiver for a moment and something else from the baby. " Ziva said has she laid down on her pillow and she saw Tony was worried.
" I am sure it was just something normal. " Ziva said rubbing her stomach.
" Yeah, I hope so... I would hate for anything to go wrong. " Tony said kissing her belly and put his ear to it listening to the baby move around.
"Baby shopping!" Ziva said scaring Tony so bad he jumped. "I almost forgot. I was going to go baby shopping today. I'm sorry Tony. I've got to go before the stores close." Ziva got up and got dressed in her brown dress and dug her keys out of her jeans pocket beside her bed and was making her way to the door when Tony stopped her.
" *he whispers* It's only 7pm... I'm coming with you Ziva, this is something we can do together. After all this is our baby honey. " Tony said and he kissed her, they went downstairs and headed out to Babies-R-Us.

At the store they went in and were in shock looking at how much was there.
They headed over to the cribs and looked at all the different ones before finding a nice white crib with satin sheets.
Tony thought it was perfect but he needed his wifes opinion.
" I think it is beautiful and not that expensive either. " Ziva said looking at the price that read $199.
" Not bad, it's ours. " Tony said as he picked up a box with the parts and put it in the cart which made Ziva laugh.
He definately was acting like a father-to-be, shopping crazy.
" I think we should get a change table then a dresser delievered. Yes? " Ziva said walking to the tables.
" Sure... I think that white change table is nice. " Tony said pointing to the one in front of her.
" Oh yes. I like this one a -- " Ziva started then Tony picked up a box and put it in the cart as well and once again Ziva cracked up and stood beside Tony and he wrapped his arm around her while he pushed the cart.
They arrived at the dressers and put one on order to be delievered.
At the baby clothes, they looked for the section that had birth - 2 months. As soon as they found it they looked through both sets of clothes for girls and boys.
" Oh Tony, look at this little pink sleeper... it has short sleeves and open legs. It would keep the baby cool, it is pretty hot in the summer and spring. It would be good to get a couple of these. Yes? " Ziva said holding it up to Tony.
" Sure, we should grab about 10 of each... some for a boy and some for a girl... just in case. " Tony said as he went to help Ziva pick out some of the clothes but they ended up buying more girl clothes... they just had a feeling.
They picked up more clothes of all kinds and some bibs and some other things they knew they would need.
After looking around and getting both sets of clothes for both genders they went to the cashier and when the scanning was done they both gaged at the price, it was $850 but he paid for it anyway cause it was his child and he wanted the best for it.
6 Months by Ziva David
Author's Notes:
6 months pregnant they are working on the nursery and talking about the fears of parenting.
2 MONTHS LATER

Tony and Ziva were in the nursery painting the walls, a nice pastel pink. Their guts both told them it was a girl.
Tony was on a ladder painting the arch on the window with a white paint while Ziva was working on the wall that was dry where the crib was going to be, designing it very carefully with painted butterflies and and a rainbow from the boarder at the bottom of the wall to where the wall shelf was set up on the left of the baby's crib place.
" Wow Ziva! That looks fantastic! " Tony said in aw.
" Thank you... whew, hard work huh. " Ziva said wipping her forehead and then rubbing her 6 month pregnant belly.
" I can finish if you want to take a break? " Tony offered.
" No, I'm alright, just sweating a lot. " Ziva said but insisted she was fine.
Tony smiled at her and then continued his painting.
After 2 days of re-painting coats and designing the nursery had dried they were working on building the crib and the change table. The dresser had already come a while ago.
Tony was getting frustrated with the crib and starting to get mad.
Ziva came in the house and after she took off her thong sytle, jewel embroided black sandals, it was more comfortable for her to walk around barefoot after walking around, she came upstairs and saw Tony was frustrated and bent down from behind him and hugged him and told him everything did not have to get done now. But Tony insisted at least the crib get done and Ziva offered to help him and got up to move.
Tony stopped Ziva and got up and kissed her then bent down and kissed her belly, which soon kicked and made Ziva bend over a little in pain.
" What's wrong? " Tony asked holding her arms.
" Nothing, *she smiled* the baby kicked. " Ziva said smiling, Tony looked up at his wife, who had beautiful brown sunglasses on her head and wearing her mesh, pink with blue flowers, multicolour babydoll top with an open stomach and a pair of stretch black capris. Tony bent down again and put his ear to her belly and listened to the soothing sound of his unborn baby moving while his other hand was on top of her hand that was on her belly.
Ziva looked down at him as she held Tony's hand at the side of her belly and she placed her other hand on his head stroking it gently.
Before they knew it they were done the nursery it took a couple more hours, they had been working on it all afternoon taking breaks here and there. Ziva had told Tony she was going to start dinner and he offered to clean up for her so she would not have to bend over. That was beginning to get difficult for her at this stage.
Tony walked downstairs to the kitchen where Ziva was cooking dinner and he leaned over her shoulder and kissed her.
" Mmmmm, something smells really good honey. " Tony said smelling the pot on the stove. " What's in the oven Ziva? " Tony continued.
" It is my recipie for my homemade Lasagna and in the pot is my --- " Ziva strated to explain.
" CousCous with lemon *sniffs*, garlic, tomatos, *double sniffs* and green onions and an Italian Salad. " Tony finished and Ziva held out a spoon with some CousCous on it and put it in his mouth.
Tony playfully kept the spoon in his mouth and would not let it go, that made Ziva start laughing.
Tony enjoyed the sound of his wifes laughter, it made him happy knowing she was content.
" Yes, that's it. " Ziva said as Tony continued to chew the food and he went to sit down.
As they were eating Ziva noticed Tony was sad.
" What's wrong Tony? " Ziva said before putting a fork full of food in her mouth.
" I am just scared Ziva... I have never been a father and I am scared of my child not loving me or not being a good father. " Tony started to say before Ziva cut in after swallowing her food.
" Tony, this baby will love you, you will be a good father and yes I am scared too, but not just of that, but because when my sister had her baby he died because he was to small. Tali was 9 months pregnant and she looked like was 7 months. It scares me to think this could happen to me as well. " Ziva said before she started to cry.
Tony got up and stood her up and held her in his arms as she cried scared.
" I don't want to lose our baby Tony... *she continues crying and put he face in Tonys shoulder* I don't want it to die. " Ziva mumbles from her face in Tony's shirt.
The only thing Tony could tell Ziva is he was there for her. Tony did not want to tell her everything would be okay, not every thing turns out that way.
The Pain of Labor by Ziva David
Author's Notes:
Ziva goes to work in preparation for her maternity leave, but the visit takes an unexpected turn.
2 MONTHS LATER

Tony and Ziva laid in bed the night before work talking about her leave.
That day Tony had gone out and bought her a nice sage coloured maternity nightgown so she would feel comfortable at night.
" Tony, my leave is coming soon and I have not signed my forms or arranged for help after I go back to work. There is so much to do before I back to work. " Ziva said motioning her hands in the air before flopping them at her sides.
" Honey... baby... sweetheart, let's just worry about getting the baby outta ya first. Then we will worry about all the arrangements after during your leave from work. As for the papers do that tomorrow. " Tony said as he stroked her head to put her to sleep.
Ziva who was 8 months pregnant and at a good size by then, got up that moring and put on her blue maternity top that had white flowers on it and her black stretch capris and her jewelled sandals. Got in the car with Tony and they drove off to her last day of work.
As soon as they got to work she had gone up to the Directors office to fill out her Maternity Leave Forms, signed them and had them approved by the Director and her boss Gibbs. 4 hours after Ziva had done all she needed to do in preparation to go on her leave she sat at her desk in the bullpen, cradling her chin in her palms and looking out on the empty room. Ziva had been sentenced to desk work and she honestly missed the hustle and bustle of the crime scene. But she knew she could do nothing to endanger the life of her baby.
Craning her neck to look outside, she noticed that there were dark clouds moving in from the horizon, she heard they had been calling for storms and wondering when this baby would come so she could see it.
Tony and team were out on a crime investigation of a Marine Captain and that left Ziva in the building with Abby, the Director and Cynthia.
Ziva slipped into a memory of her wedding and the first dance and then the cutting of the cake, she really loved every moment of it.
Suddenly, her thoughts were interrupted by really sharp pain in her abdomen. Ziva gasped and clutched her stomach, and it did not last that long but then another one hit that hurt more than the last.
" Oh great, I'm in labor. But it's too early... oh no. " Ziva said as she reached for the phone but could not reach it without ripping pain stopping her. Scrambling towards the phone, she picked it up and dialed Tony's number quickly.
"Hello?" Tony said answering his phone as he finished packing the truck up.
"Tony? *she said breathing hard* the baby's coming!" Ziva said trying to stay calm.
"Ziva! Where are you?" Tony said stopping in his tracks.
" I'm in the -- *contaction hits and she screams in pain* Tony! " Ziva said as she clutched her belly.
" Ziva, breathe and tell me where you are! " Tony said running to his car.
"The bullpen. Get over here, and hurry, damnit!" Ziva slammed the phone down on the receiver and cringed again as another contraction hit making her double over at her desk.
" Hurry, Tony please hurry. " Ziva said quietly.
Tony hung up his phone and started to run towards Gibbs.
" Boss!!!!! " Tony said running to Gibbs.
" What DiNozzo? " Gibbs said turning around to face Tony.
" Ziva called, the baby's on it's way and it doesn't sound like she has a lot of time. " Tony said running to his car.
" LET'S GO! " Gibbs yelled to the team.

In the car Tony picked up his cellphone and called Jeanne, by then it started raining.
" Dr. Benoit. " Jeanne answered.
" Look Jeanne, I need you to put aside your differences and help me. " Tony said as he drove back to Headquarters.
" Tony, I told you I -- " Jeanne started until Tony interrputed her panicking.
" Jeanne, please Ziva is at work in labor and she is alone. I need a doctor there to help her Jeanne and you are the only doctor I trust. Please she doesn't have a lot of time. " Tony said begging and waiting for an answer.
" *sighs* Alright. Where is the Navy Yard Tony? " Jeanne said with a pen and paper ready.
" 716 Sicard Street. Thank you Jeanne. " Tony said smiling.
" No problem Tony, I'll be there as soon as I can. " Jeanne said and hung up the phone and ran for her station.
Jeanne arrived at the nurses station and grabbed her bag.
" Carly I need you to watch the station, I have an emergency at the NCIS Navy Yard. " Jeanne said in a hurry.
" What is the emergency Dr. Benoit? " Carly asked getting up.
" An Agent is in labor at the Navy Yard and alone... I got word from Tony and he is on his way there now. What is the date and time Carly?" Jeanne explained looking for her gloves.
" It is August 4th at 2:45pm. Is it Tony's wife? Oh, your gloves are in you pocket Dr. Benoit. " Carly pointed.
" Thank you Carly and yes it is his wife, Ziva. I went to their wedding last year December 1rst. " Jeanne finished packing and started for the door.
" Thanks Carly, if you need to ask me anything call my cell. " Jeanne said running out the door and down the stairs.
Special Delivery by Ziva David
Author's Notes:
Ziva waits for her husband to arrive to be with her. A doctor arrives to deliver the baby.
At the bullpen Ziva's contactions were 2 minutes apart and she was sweating a lot and it was storming.
" Oh god, where is he? Owww god. " Ziva said as she sat forward in her chair clutching her aching belly.
The elevator dinged and Abby came out and saw Ziva hunched over.
" Ziva! " Abby yelled as she ran over.
" Abby... the baby's coming... where's Tony? " Ziva said panting hard.
" Not here yet... come on let's sit you down here. " Abby said taking Ziva's arm and sitting her on the floor. " DIRECTOR! " Abby yelled loudly nearly making Ziva deaf.
The Director came to the stairs and saw what was going on, she ran back to her office and grabbed a towel, blanket and pillows.
On the way down she ordered Cynthia to put the squadroom on lockdown until further notice.
" Sit up Ziva. " The Director instructed as she put the pillows behind her head " now lay back. " and Ziva laid back as Jenn put the blanket over her.
Abby went underneath the blankets and slid off Ziva's stetch capris and covered her up and heard the elevator open.
" Ziva!! " Tony yelled as he rushed over to his ailing wife, who's legs were shaking.
" Tony, thank god you're here. It hurts. " Ziva said holding her stomach with one hand then holding her husbands hand with the other.
" I know honey. Just breathe. " Tony said as he laid behind her then he put his legs at both sides and laid her back gently and started stroking her head in soft motions while she was breathing.
Director Shepard had cleared the squadroom before Gibbs returned cause Gibbs would not want a big show and she knew they would not make it on time and if they tried Ziva would be giving birth in the ambulance or Shepard's car.
At that minute Ziva propped up in pain and started to breathe very fast and she groaned in pain.
" Jenn give me 3 towels fast. " Gibbs ordered, she handed them to him and he put one under Ziva and the others doubled up where the baby was coming out so the blood would not get on the floor when the baby was born.
" I have to push... oh god. " Ziva said and then Gibbs lifted the blanket and saw the opening stretching which meant the baby was coming down out of the birth canal.
" Okay Ziva, take a deep breath and push. " Gibbs instructed as he watched for the baby.
" Owww... " Ziva yelled as she took another breath for another push.
" good Ziva... keep coming. " Gibbs said as he watched, but the baby was not coming very quickly, Gibbs did not worry then.
Silence, all she could hear was her own gasps and grunts of pain, and Gibbs telling her to keep pushing.
Tony had called Jeanne on his way there and she rushed from the elevator without her stuff but, she did not want to turn back now.
" Get this thing out of me! " Ziva yelled as she gripped Tony's hand and pushed harder.
Ziva's face was turning red and she was groaning as she pushed, and she was really hurting and nearly out of breath.
" I'm not getting enough leverage to get the head through... Abby, Director. Get on both sides of her grab her legs and pull them back to the side up to her chest. " Jeanne instructed as she watched to make sure they did it right. " Okay Ziva now push hard. " Jeanne said as Abby and Jenn pulled her legs back.
Ziva screamed and threw her head back into Tony's chest in pain, the pain was more intense now that her legs were drawn back.
" Oh god, I can't. " Ziva said crying and slowly shaking her head.
" Yes you can honey... yes you can. " Tony said gripping her hand and leaning up as she pushed to make the pushing stronger.
Jeanne saw the baby coming out more and put her gloves on then cupped the sides around the baby's head guilding it out.
Ziva pushed more and more, the pain was so intense now that she was sweating badly.
" Come on Ziva! Push!! " Jeanne said as she tried to manouver the rest of the head out.
Ziva pushed as hard and as long as she could and the baby's head was not coming out any further.
Then as Jeanne saw the tip of the head coming out a little more she tried to cup the head, she told Ziva to give another good push until the tip emerged. With the next push Ziva started screaming loudly and a long one it was. Ziva threw her head back into Tony's chest again and her eyes flooded with tears, Tony felt bad for her... he really did. Tony hated seeing his wife in so much pain.
" Damn! " Jeanne said frustrated.
" What? What's wrong? Is the baby alright? " Tony panicked.
" Ziva's opening is too small. I'm going to have to try and push the skin back around the baby's head. " Jeanne said and saw Ziva was scared. Jeanne got a grip of the skin and tried to push it around the baby's head and started to carefully wiggle the baby's head loose, but it wasn't working.
" I don't have the sterile material to do an episiotomy *sigh*. " Jeanne started.
" A WHAT! " Tony shouted but not too loud.
" A procedure where a doctor cuts the womans skin down lateral towards her anal opening, but that right now is not possible. *thinks for a second while Ziva is panting and groaning in pain* I need you two to pull her legs more to the side and back more towards her chest. This baby is coming out today. Ready Ziva, 1,2,3 PUSH! " Jeanne instructed.
Ziva pushed more and more, the pain was so intense now that she was sweating badly and starting to bleed.
" McGee get her a cloth or something, " Abby pointed at the bathroom and gave him Tony's facecloth from his desk that he keeps for morning and handed it to Jeanne, who then pressed it against the bottom of her opening to stop it from tearing. McGee grabbed another one for Ziva's forehead, he ran for the bathroom and came back with it cold.
" Here ya go baby. " Tony said as he wiped Ziva's face down.
" Thank you... owwww... damnit! " Ziva said as the head came out.
" Heads out... Tony give me your pen, I forgot by bag in my car. " Jeanne said and Tony handed it to Gibbs.
Gibbs took it apart then gave it to Jeanne, who then put the pen holder in the baby's nose and sucked out the plugs and same with the mouth and she spat them out into a tissue.
Hollis came in the elevator and saw what Gibbs was doing and she was impressed that Gibbs would do something so sweet.
" Can I do anything? " Hollis asked.
" Yeah Holli, can you get me a fresh towel from the locker room in the training room and fast. " Gibbs said and Hollis was off in a hurry sprinting very fast down the stairs.
Ziva was just pushing the shoulders out as soon as Hollis was coming quickly down the corridor and then as soon as Hollis came back to the bullpen the baby slid right out.
" It's a girl Ziva! " McGee yelled excited.
Ziva fell back on Tony and he wiped her forehead that was sweating like crazy.
Jeanne delivered the placenta and but it into a Biohazard Bag and tied it tightly and cleaned off Ziva and checked her out to make sure she was okay and then covered her with the towel incase she leaked a little, which was called 'discharging'.
Abby and Jenn carefully put her legs down and covered her up with the blanket.
Then Tony kissed her softly while rocking her gently to try and ease the pain she was in.
Jeanne gave the baby to Hollis who carefully laid her on Ziva's desk and wrapped her up.
Hollis came over and gave the baby to Ziva.
" She is so beautiful Tony... just beautiful. " Ziva said looking at her beautiful little girl.
" Shalom my princess, you are so perfect. " Ziva finished as the baby opened her eyes and Tony looked at her and could not believe he did that with Ziva, they made a beautiful baby.
" She doesn't look anything like what you showed us Probie. " Tony said with tears in his eyes.
" Not at all Tony, she is much better looking than that. " McGee said looking at the little girl.
Sara and Kate entered the squadroom after Kate got the call that Ziva had gone into labor at Headquarters.
" Aunt Ziva! " Sara yelled as she ran over and sat by her.
" Shalom Lior, this is your new baby sister... Shyann. " Ziva said as Tony looked at her with a raised brow.
" I am adopting Sara, we are all she has left Tony. She will be my... our daughter. " Ziva continued as she stroked Sara's face.
" You're my mommy now! " Sara squeaked and she hugged Ziva and then kissed the baby gently.
" Hi Shyann... *giggles* " Sara said sitting by Ziva watching the baby.
" Shyann. I think that suits her Ziva. Nice choice. " Tony finished and he kissed his wife then his daughters.
" Shyann Dova David DiNozzo. " Ziva said looking at Tony.
Tony smiled and told her that was a beautiful name for her.
The Fears of Parenting. by Ziva David
Author's Notes:
After Ziva has been home for 3 weeks she must return to work. The baby is left with a nanny, who is not who she seems to be.
A few weeks later Ziva was at home in a padded rocking chair with the baby on a feeding pillow breastfeeding Shyann, singing to her in Hebrew. Shyann had beautiful big brown eyes and a full head of thin dark brown hair and was just as dark as her mother and father combined. They had finished the wall near her crib by painting more designs and putting her name on the wall in nice calligraphy in black paint with dark pink shadows.
" Hey, " Tony came in quietly walking over to his wife and kissed her and stroked the baby's head.
" hi, how was work? " Ziva asked Tony as lifted the baby to the blanket over her shoulder.
" It was good they all miss you and want to see photos of Shyann everytime I come in to work. Everyone knows me as the proud father, who's wife gave birth in the bullpen. " Tony said and that made Ziva laugh a little.
" Oh god I still can not believe that happened. I was so embarassed. But at that moment I could not have cared as long as she got here safely and she was alright. " Ziva said as she laid the baby in her arms and rocked the chair and started patting the baby's back.
They both looked down at Shyann who was sucking on her hand and looking at her mother and her father with her big brown eyes.
" I could not have asked for more than this Ziva. You, this beautiful daughter of ours and one we just adpoted. " Tony said walking around the nursery staring at all the work they had put into it.
" Me either Tony... me either. Our life is what you would call perfect. " Ziva said smiling at her husband.
" I start work tomorrow... " Ziva said sadly.
" What! Who told you this? You have only been off 3 weeks!! " Tony said angry.
" The Director. She said I could not be off so long. " Ziva said as she got up and put the baby in the crib.
" You get a month... how can you start --- " Tony started " it has been almost a month. " Tony ended.
" I know I called a nanny to watch the baby while we are at work. She is coming today. Her name is Debra Barlow. " Ziva said trying to remember what she had written on her notepad.
" Oh, that's good. I still feel skeptic having someone else watch our baby girl. " Tony said hugging Ziva from behind her as they both stared at the baby.
" I know Tony, but I need to go back to work. " Ziva said as she put her arms around Tony's arms.
The nanny did not arrive until the next morning but said she was sorry.
" We will hopefully be back sometime tonight. There are diapers upstairs and everything you need is in the nursery. There is breastmilk in the frdge, warm it -- " Ziva started as she gathered her gear.
" Do not worry madam, I will take excellent care of her. " The nanny said as they walked out the door, she gave a strange grin.

That morning at work it was the same hustle and bustle of the job, running around.
Everyone welcomed Ziva back and they started work right away with a crime scene of a woman who was murdered along with her 1 month old child. The thought of this scard Ziva, the only thing she thought of was her child.
" Oh god. " Was the only thing Tony could say at that moment.
" What do you think Duck? " Gibbs asked as he bent down by Ducky.
" This woman appeared to be strangled, the infant however has a hematoma on the left side of it's head... by the look I would say post-mortum to the baby's death which appears to be by suffication. The mother died after, the baby had died 2 hours before. " Ducky said then ordering Palmer to put them away in the truck.
Back at the bullpen the team was trying to find the murderer of the family. They had found a card in the woman's jacket and Abby was running a trace on it. Ziva was pulling records and Tony and McGee were searching the apartment for things that may link them to the killer.
Hours had passed and no one had said a word... the men were still out doing more searching.
They had called to say they would be out longer, so Ziva had no choice but to sit there bored.
Ziva sat talking on the phone with a few friends from Tel Aviv, she had known since she was a child.
Her one friend, Devine Malhiri, who was a Mossad Officer as well and was Ziva's partner Officer... was talking to her catching up.
" So tell me... what has become of you since you moved out of Israel, Ziva? " Devine asked Ziva.
" Well, I am married now and -- " Ziva started.
" Wait! married... to whom? " Devine asked excited.
" His name is Tony DiNozzo and we just had a baby, her name is Shyann Dova David DiNozzo. " Ziva said proudly.
" Oh my god Ziva, you have to send me some photos of your family. Speaking of family, how is Tali's daughter, Sara? " Devine asked sadly.
" She is fine, I finished the adoption work and she is now legally mine. " Ziva responed with a sad tone to her voice thinking about her sister.
" I miss Tali, she was such a nice girl. " Devine said and started to sob a little, but then she bucked up and cleared her throat.
" Me too... my sister was my life, she was all I really had left besides Ari. But Tali and I were a lot closer. " Ziva replied trying not to cry.
" Well Ziva, I better get back to work... Do you still have Tali's necklace? " Devine asked curiously.
" Ken.. why? " Ziva asked wondering why she would ask that.
" No reason I just thought... never mind. I am glad you have it with you. It meant a lot to her. " Devine said and moved with the phone to get her guns.
" Yes it did... and I will never take it off. I never have. I will let you go Devine... shalom! Shimri al kesher. " Ziva said and hung up the phone.
Ziva was just about to relax back in her chair when the doors to the stairwell busted open, scaring Ziva half to death and made her jump.
Abby ran upstairs yelling.
" Ziva!! Ziva!!! " That scared Ziva and she ran to her, with a bad feeling in her gut.
" What Abby? " Ziva said worried.
" The person who murdered the mother and child was a woman who lost a baby when she just gave birth, the woman is a nanny from Hush -- " Abby started.
" Hush Little Baby Services and her name is Debra Barlow. " Ziva said shocked.
" Yeah how did you know? " Abby said confused.
" She is our, she's the one watching Shyann. " Ziva said and ran off to the elevator with her gun.
Outside Ziva was running to her car when she spotted a black Sedan at the security gate... it was Gibbs and Tony, she ran into Tony crying histerically and her crying as really bad.
Tony heard his wife screaming and crying and knew something was wrong and started to run to her.
" Ziva what's wrong? " Tony ran up to her hugging her.
" She's..... gonna.... kill our baby... *Tony looks at her confused* our nanny! " Ziva cried histerically falling into Tony's arms.
Sara was safe she was with Kate while they were at work. It would take Kate a while before she ever wanted to go back to work.
" Oh no... BACKUP BOSS! " Gibbs heard the call and he and McGee ran for Gibbs' car.
Tony grabbed his gun and they ran for the car and drove off fast.
They arrived and they busted in the door and everyone spread out pointing their guns to secure the area.
No sound was heard... Ziva ran upstairs to head for the nursery and it was silent for a second.
Ziva reached the nursery, opened the door and looked at the crib and screamed.
Danger, Safe and Sound by Ziva David
Author's Notes:
The team races against time to find Shyann before she is killed.
Tony heard his wife scream and ran up the stairs as fast as he could.
In the nursery Ziva was leaning over the crib crying, Tony walked in and saw the baby was not there.
" Tony, she's gone...she's gonna die! " Ziva cried falling into her husbands arm.
" No , she is not going to die Ziva! We will get our little girl back! " Tony said gently rocking his histerically upset wife in his arms.
" BOSS... SHE'S GONE! Tony yelled downstairs.
" What do we do boss ?... Ziva is a wreck and we can not let her lose this child. They worked so hard for her. " McGee said standing in front of Gibbs.
" Tony... Ziva, we have to go back to the place we found the other two. NOW! " Gibbs yelled as Ziva and Tony raced downstairs.
They insisted that Gibbs lead them to the crime scene area and Tony and Ziva followed closely behind in their car.
On the way tony and Ziva could only hope for the best for their baby girl. Hoping she is alive and well and not hurt.
They arrived at the field and heard crying... a baby crying... loudly.
Ziva was about to dart when Gibbs stopped her and gave directions out as an order.
" Tony, Ziva cover 30 meters left. McGee you're with me. " Gibbs ordered as they moved.
They snuck around trying to not make any noise by breaking twigs or crunching leaves.
They reached a bush in sight of the woman about to put a bag over the baby's head.
" NCIS! DON'T MOVE! PUT THE BABY DOWN! " Gibbs yelled
" Not one step or she is gone. " Debra yelled as she slowly put a knife to the baby
Silence filled the area as Tony and Ziva had their guns positioned and they wanted to act carefully or their baby was dead.
McGee held his firearm tightly hoping he does not miss the killer and accidently hit Shyann.
Gibbs stared at the woman then Debra quickly tied a bag to the baby's throat over it's head.
Tony and Ziva both shot as well as McGee and Gibbs following and raced over to save their child.
" Boss, you're knife! " Tony yelled and Gibbs threw him his pocket knife and cut the baby loose from the bag.
" She's not breathing Boss!!! " Tony yelled and started doing compressions on her chest and breathing into her mouth.
Ziva was terrified she had lost her baby to a killer.
After one try Shyann started crying and Ziva raced over to her daughter.
Ziva picked up her daughter and hugged the crying baby.
" Oh my princess... *baby crying histerically* Shhhh... I am here now sweetheart. " Ziva was happy to see her daughter alive.
But still she was mad, excpet the woman was dead now so she was not worried about her coming after them.
Ziva stood there holding her daughter and started walking towards Gibbs.
" So, now do you think I should bring my daughter to work, Boss? " Ziva said staring coldly into his eyes.
" *sighs* Yeah, if you can find somewhere for her or find someone to watch her while you are on the field. " Gibbs said as he walked off.
Ziva stood there and stared at him walking away, then faced the body of the dead nanny remembering the vision of the dead mother and child.

******************************************************

*while flashing between Ducky talking and seeing the bodies laying on the ground.*

" This woman appeared to be strangled, the infant however has a hematoma on the left side of it's head... by the look I would say post-mortum to the baby's death which appears to be by suffication. The mother died after, the baby had died 2 hours before. "

* Ziva sees a vision of her and Shyann dead instead of the two bodies. *

******************************************************

Ziva could only have thought the worst if they had not have gotten there on time.
Tony got up and saw Ziva in shock.
" Tony that could have been me, and Shyann. " Ziva said with tears in her eyes.
" I know, but you're safe and so his Shyann, I promise we will be okay. " Tony says and kisses Ziva on the head and teels her he loves.
Ziva nods as her bottom lips shakes and trys not to cry, she looks at Shyann who is starting to settle down and fall asleep.
It Is Not Over Yet by Ziva David
Author's Notes:
After Shyann is saved by her parents and family, trouble still brews for the DiNozzo's.
In the bullpen, Tony was sitting at Ziva's desk with her caliming her down. Shyann was in her portable car seat sleeping on Ziva's desk, breathing so quietly and looking so peaceful. Ziva only wished she could feel like that right now, but after seeing your 3 week old baby held hostage... it is pretty hard to get over.
" Well, at least e were right about one thing Tony. " Ziva said as she leaned on Tony's shoulder.
" and what is that my dear? " Tony asked looking down at her.
" That nannies can not be trusted. Well, at least we can start taking Shyann to work with us from now on. " Ziva said as she stroked her daughters head.
" Yeah well, we won't have to worry about that anymore... no more nannies for the DiNozzos. We take care of our own. " Tony said.
" That's like a Shepard watching his flock by night. Yes? " Ziva said in religious comparison.
" Yeah... yeah I guess you can put it that way. Actually, that is kind of right. Yeah you got the idea. " Tony said thiking over the phrase.
Ziva looked proud knowing she got at least one slang term right.
The elevator dinged and Gibbs walked out and stormed up to the Directors office.
" someones gonna get it. " Tony said looking away and Ziva just looked as if she was thiking 'oh boy'.

Gibbs walked right by Cynthia who was getting sick of saying 'don't go in there', it was pointless now.
" What right do you have to do further investigation on my case? " Gibbs raised his voice saying.
" Which one? " The director asked giving a smirk.
" The frog... Jenn. " Gibbs said after closing the door.
" That is personal Jethro, I have right to all active investigations. I AM the Director of this Agency... am I not? " Jenn added before sitting at her desk leaning back in her chair.
" What's personal! The fact that you -- " Giibs started to yell before Jenn cut him off.
" found something you might want to know. " Jenn said holding a file.
" What! " Gibbs snapped.
" Apparently La Grenouille... aka The Frog, has a daughter who is a nurse at UNI Hospital. Her name is Doctor Jeanne Benoit. " Jenn said as Tony walked in the office. Tony remembers seeing Jeanne's father in the limo that day after escaping the hostage situation alive.


****************** FLASHBACK TO JEANNE'S FATHER ******************

" This must be Anthony DiNardo. Welcome to the family... professor. "

**********************************************************************************

" Director may I speak to you for a moment? " Tony slickly came in asking.
" Of course Tony, may you excuse us Jethro? " Jenn asked Gibbs and he walked out closing the door but not gently, as usual.
" La Grenouille, huh? Wow, I thought she was a nice person when I knew her. But then I met him face to face last year... with Jeanne. " Tony said looking out the Directors window.
" How did you know her name? " Jenn asked getting up and standing beside Tony looking at him shocked.
" Jeanne Benoit, she is my ex-girlfriend... since last year when Ziva was in the hospital. She worked at UNI Hospital on the 3rd floor. " Tony explained facing the Director.
" Did you get to know La Grenouille that well? " Jenn asked walking around her desk to stand across from Tony on the opposite side.
" He called me Anthony DiNardo, and that I was a professor. Weird huh? That is what I told Jeanne though... but I think La Grenouille already knows I am NCIS. Not affirmative though, Director. " Tony said pacing by the window.
" Understood, well this means we will have to do a private investigation to find out what he does know. Got it? " Jenn said sitting at her computer.
" Yes ma'am. 0500 tomorrow? " Tony asked about to leave.
" Yes, we need time to do some research... I will start now, but you will conitune with me tomorrow. " Jenn said and started typing.
" Ma'am? What if he does know and my family is in danger? " Tony asked scard.
" We will hire protection if it comes to that... for now we will see what we can find Tony. " Jenn said and dismissed him.
" Every well, Jenny. " Tony said and walked out.
The Director just stared at the computer worried that the whole Agency would be in trouble... again.

Tony looked at the Director for a moment and walked out closing the door carefully.
Tony arrived at the railing outside her office and leaned over and stared at the Squadroom remembering what happened here just last year.
He stared at his wife, who was playing with Sara and then sared over at his little Shyann, who was sleeping peacefully in her carrier.
Tony started towards the stairs and walked down and walked over to Ziva.
" Hey honey. " Tony said walking over and kissing her forehead.
" Hey, you ready to go home? " Ziva said, but noticed Tony was upset.
" Uh, yeah... I'm ready. " Tony said but he was not all there. In fact he was totally oblivious to everything around him, he was so scared.
" Tony, what's wrong? You're scaring me. " Ziva said worried and begging him to tell her.
" I'll tell you, I promise. Just give me time to find a way to explain it. " Tony said and picked up the baby carrier and they headed to the elevator.
Down in the parking lot, Tony had a feeling they were being watched... but he didn't know where this person was.
Ziva got the same feeling and cradled Sara in her arms sheilding her from whatever may come at them.
Tony quickly unlocked the back door and put the baby in the car seat holder and stapped her in.
Ziva picked up Sara and put her in her booster seat and buckled her up securely.
They both got in the car and went up to the security gate and handed them their ID badges and were soon cleared to go.
They drove along the innerstate and still no word from Tony about what had been bothering him.
Now she wondered to herself all the possibilities of what in the world could scare him so badly.
" Tony, I understand the silent treatment... no actually I don't. But I am your wife... not your partner Agent right now. I need to know if we are in trouble and need protection... please Tony. " Ziva begged.
" Ziva, we are not in trouble... I am just tired and just had a very long talk with the Director. " Tony said as he pulled into their driveway.
" Okay, but if you need to talk to me... I am here. " Ziva said and kissed Tony and got out of the car.
Tony grabbed Sara, who was sound asleep and craddled her in his arms and walked towards the door.
Ziva unbuckled the carrier and brought Shyann in the house.
Tony had gone and brought Sara into her room and got her in her nightgown and put her in bed. Tony kissed her on the head, turned on her rotating nightlight and turned off her light. Tony heard Ziva in the nursery and went in to find her changing the baby.
" Hey, I just put Sara to bed, she is out like a light. " Tony said and stroked his baby girls head softly.
" That's good, she looked tired. Can you throw this in the bin for me please and hand me a clean diaper. Thank you. " Ziva said and handed him the dirty one.
" Ewww, " Tony said as he threw it out in the bin, then grabbed another one and handed it to Ziva.
Ziva was just cleaning the baby when Tony came back over. She had wiped her, powdered her and now she was putting the diaper on her.
Ziva put her in a diaper shirt and picked her up and started rocking Shyann in her arms, before putting her in her crib.
Living Nightmare by Ziva David
Author's Notes:
During the night the DiNozzo Home is attacked.
On a big plane, La Grenouille was sitting in his seat drinking Cognac, as always.
" Trent, I want to know exactly when the family is home by and when they are in bed... asleep. " La Grenouille said in a slow, deep voice.
" They are home. We have men outside awatching them now. They are in position when you are ready sir. " Trent said as Regine entered the room with the computer that was showing what his men were looking at exactly.
" Do you want them to kill Mr. DiNozzo? " Regine asked La Grenouille.
" No, just scare them out of their house. They will run considering they have children now. I want him to pay for hurting my, Jeanne. Even though she was only a detour to lead him to me. Jeanne loved him, for what reason I do not know... but he led Jeanne to believe something different that what I had explained to her and for that I will give him something to really worry about. " La Grenouille said looking at the screen of the view from one of his men.
While the plane lands they talk about the lan of how to really hurt DiNozzo and it will really hurt him.
La Grenouille arrives off the plane and a limo pulls up with Jeanne in it, she is crying and then he gets mad.
" Jeanne, what is wrong my darling? " He asks his daughter.
" Tony, has hurt me papa. " Jeanne said crying.
" What has he done to you? " La Grenouille said angrily.
" He has fallen for another. I loved him papa. " Jeanne said and cried on her father.
" We are taking care of that as we speak. " He said and Jeanne smiled.

Tony and Ziva were in bed talking and Tony was still trying to figure out how to tell her.
" Tony, please you are really worrying me. I want to help you. " Ziva said worried about Tony.
" I -- I, oh god I can't do this! I have to tell you the truth. " Tony bursted out.
Hearing this Ziva had thought Tony lied to her and started to get a little angry. Ziva never thought Tony would ever lie to her in anyway, their relationship had been honest and truly just perfect until now... she thought.
Tony looked at how mad she was and tried to tell her but nothing would come out each time.
Tony finally got the courage to try and tell he but then the silence was broken by two shots going through their window, 1 sniper and 5 automatic fires.
Tony grabbed his gun and quickly returned fire at the direction of the bullets paths, he didn't know if he hit anyone but all that he wanted was his wife safe and unharmed and his children alive.
" Tony, the children! " Ziva screamed.
" They'll be fine, just stay down. " Tony said and held out his gun and headed towards the window, but saw nothing that looked suspicious.
" Follow me, and grab your gun. " Tony ordered, and Ziva picked up her gun and stayed low as they headed towards the childrens rooms.
Tony went into Saras room and Ziva into the baby's room.
Tony woke up Sara and told her to stay quiet and took her into the nursery where Ziva was getting the baby into a snuggly and zipped up her NCIS jacket over the baby to hide her.
They carefully walked downstairs trying not to make any sudden noises just in case someone was in the house. When they found no one in there, they headed for the car with precaution, when they were in they headed back to NCIS where they knew they were safe... so they thought.
They arrived at NCIS and immediately went to the Directors office in a panic.
" What's wrong? Why are you all here? " Jenn asked worried.
" Grandma!!! " Sara said and ran to Jenn and wrapped her arms around Jenn's waist. She called Jenn grandma because she loved her and Hollis was never around enough for her to be comfortable with calling her that. But Gibbs was always Grandpa to her.
" Hey sweetheart, it's okay... you're safe here with Grandma. " Jenn said and picked her up in her arms and hugged her.
" Director, we are sorry for coming in so soon, but we desperately need somewhere to stay. " Ziva said putting down the baby seat on the Directors desk.
" Don't apoligize Ziva... it's my job to protect my Agency. " Jenn said and she sat at her desk with the kids. " What happened anyway? " Jenn continued.
" Ziva and I were laying in bed and two shots went through our bedroom window and we just left in a hurry but carefully. " Tony said sitting down with Ziva in a couple of chairs.
" Tony, La Grenouille is in Washington and I got word that La Grenouille's limo was senn outside your house 5 mins before the shots rang... and 2 men were spotted by my guards across from your place on a rooftop. So I have a good idea about who did it. " Jenn added on and Tony and Ziva sat there in shock.
" Oh my god... we could have all been killed right then and there... all of us... shot dead. " Ziva said shocked and scared thinking of what could have happened to her family back there tonight.
" I am going to put the kids to bed in here Director. That is alright with you. Yes? " Ziva sked as she brought Sara over to the Directors open up futon.
" Sure, I think it will be safer for them up here with me. " Jenn replied " Go and get some sleep Ziva... you need it. " Jenn continued as Tony typed information on the computer where he was sitting beside Jenn doing research.
" Yes, I should.. I am going to do and sleep at my desk. I feel safe there. Goodnight, honey... Director... goodnight my babies *kisses her girls* I will see you all bright and early, hopefully not too soon. I am brushed. " Ziva said and started for the door.
" The term is 'bushed' sweetheart. " Tony said then cracked a smile telling her 'it will be okay'.
" Goodnight Ziva. " Jenn said before turning back to her work as Ziva leaves.
" Jenny... we have problems. " Tony says looking at a picture of La Grenouille.
" Oh no. This is worse than I expected. " Jenn replied worried.
" We have to do something Jenny... he is wanted by half the Agencies in Washington. " Tony says and looks at the Director as it shows a picture of La Grenouille on the most wanted list.
The Truth Be Told by Ziva David
Author's Notes:
Ziva is kidnapped and held to be interrogated for the truth, about 'Anthony DiNardo'. The Team races against time to save her.
Ziva is at her desk trying to go to sleep but all she could do is think of her children.
" Maybe I should go upstairs... no...no...no Ziva don't be silly. They're safe. But what if they are scared? They'll be fine. Just go to sleep Ziva. " Ziva said to herself trying to convince herself to stay calm.
In a few minutes flat Ziva fell alseep at her desk with her black zip up jacket rolled below her head.
Tony starts to freak out just as they figured he has murdered more than 97 Navy Cops, Police and Agents in total and no one had caught him.
" Tony, we should check on Ziva. " Jenn started but Tony though that was not a good plan.
" No Jenny, we need someone here with the children, to watch them. " Tony said looking at his girls. Sara who was sleeping so peacefully and Shyann who was softly breathing, sleeping in her carrier.
Ziva is sleeping when she wakes up feeling faint and sees a man standing there with Chloriform over her mouth and nose and she passes out cold. The man, dressed like an Agent picks her up and carries out the staircase doors and the door closes behind him.
Tony walks out the door and looks over the railing to see Ziva not there and a cloth by her desk, and her chair tipped over.
" Ziva!!!! " Tony yells loudly, as he runs down the stairs the Director comes running out to expect the worst and finds she is gone.
" No, no...no...no. Jenny, it's chloriform. " Tony says holding the cloth with his gloves on.
" I know who has her Tony, Grenouille... he has got to be the one behind all this. " Jenn said as Tony thinks differently.
" I don't know Jenny, but I just hope she isn't hurt. I am going to call Gibbs and McGee back here to work.
Tony hurries to his phone and calls Gibbs, who is laying in bed with Hollis sleeping when his phone rings.
" Yeah, Gibbs? " Gibbs said quietly.
" Boss, it's me... " Tony starts to say.
" What's wrong DiNozzo? " Gibbs says as Hollis wakes up and sits up.
" What's wrong, Jethro? " Hollis starts but then Gibbs puts his finger up, which that meant wait.
" Ziva's been kidnapped boss... she was chloriformed. " Tony says as he panicks.
" On our way. *hangs up the phone* Ziva's been kidnapped, we gotta go...now! " Gibbs says as Hollis gets up and they get dressed.
" *hangs up his phone* Man! Why is he doing this to us now! If this is because of Jeanne --- " Tony rambles but doesn't even want to think he is right about Jeanne being the cause of this.

Ziva awakes slowly, vision blurred a little from the drowsiness. She realizes she is in a morgue in a hospital, she sees an autopsy with tools set up and Jeanne standing there with a scalpal in her hand. La Grenouille is on the opposite side of her filling a siringe with a light tan liquid and he places it on a table by her.
" now... Mrs. DiNozzo. We are going to play a little game of nod yes or no. " La Grenouille says as he holds her face tightly around her chin, jossling her face. Ziva nods and he takes a step back in front of her.
" Good... Do you know anyone by the name of DiNardo? " La Grenouille asks Ziva.
Ziva shakes her head and looks at him blankly in the eye and she really had no clue who this DiNardo was.
" You liar! " He says as he punches Ziva in the face leaving her head turned for a second then she straightens up.
" Let's try another one. Are you familiar with my daughter Jeanne? " La Grenouille asks her pacing in front of her.
Ziva shakes her head no and he does not hit her for that was true.
" Do you know an Anthony DiNozzo? " He asks her again.
Ziva nods her head yes and he does not hit her.
" Is Anthony DiNozzo you're husband? " He asks her and Jeanne is sterilizing her equipment.
Ziva does not answer and he jits her with the end of a gun handle across her cheek.
Ziva grunted under her breath in pain and clodly stared at the man who dared threatened her family.
" Is Mr. DiNardo you're husband? " He asked and Jeanne waited to here this one.
Ziva shook her head no and he winds up and punches her in the side of her right eye.
" Do you want to see your husband bleed to death... Mrs. DiNozzo? " He asks grinning evily at her.
Ziva glares at him and struggles to free herself and he strikes her over the forehead with the gun handle making her bleed and skeing her head in pain, and trying to keep herself from passing out.

" McGee search for all traces to help us find her. WE MAY NOT HAVE TOO LONG! " Gibbs yells across to McGee from the elevators.
Gibbs heads down to Abby's lab and puts down on her desk everything that was on Zivas desk and she just looked a him weird.
" What's all this Gibbs? " Abby said as she was about to start marking it all as chain of evidence.
" No... that is not important... " Gibbs started.
" Why does everyone tell me this a lot? " Abby said confused.
" Ziva is missing this is all her stuff... run it for prints that don't belong to any of us! " Gibbs said frustrated and walked out, leaving Abby worried.
Gibbs runs back up to the squadroom to see DiNozzo pacing and thiking so hard, he has never done that.
" You know boss... I was thinking maybe... just maybe La Grenouille has taken her somewhere we have been before and is just waiting for us to come and resue her. Or this could all be one big trap to lead us in the wrong direction. So I say we give him a detour, and put our cars on track boss... we convince him we are not coming for him but then when he thinks all is good, we can hit from behind. We leave our GPS locators in another building convincing him we are there and then we head back to him with no trace and surround him with a little help. Do you grab me boss? " Tony says with such deep thiking, Gibbs was impressed.
" Tony, tell the Director to call the FBI and SWAT... we are going to need back up when we find her. " Gibbs says and gives him a pat on the back telling him they will find her.
Gibbs lets Tony go and make the calls while McGee tries to locate Ziva's cellphone GPS chip.
" Found something boss, she is within a 5 mile radius of UNI Hosptial. I will try and narrow it down to the exact location. " McGee said as he kept typing. Gibbs had Hollis doing work on another computer trying to pull Ziva's phone recors to see if any calls were made to her that may give them a hint where she may be.
" Boss, she's at UNI... bottom floor, left wing... " McGee started before Tony cut him off.
" in the morgue... " Tony said because he knew.
" Yeah, that's it Tony, how did you know? " McGee wondered.
" I was held there with Jeanne last year on our last day of work before the summer break. We have to go help her now. " Tony said and grabbed his gear and ran for the elevator. Gibbs, McGee and Hollis followed him and they drove off towards UNI.
When they were half way there the FBI and SWAT met them at an interchange and they all raced to UNI before their Agent was going to die.
" Boss, La Grenouille was found to be the most wanted by a lot of Agencies here in America. We really have to hurry. " McGee said and closed his laptop.
Saved By Death by Ziva David
Author's Notes:
The Team races to Ziva's rescue and finds that Jeanne is holding more in than they expected.
" Don't lie to my father, I don't like lies... " Jeanne said holding a scalpal to Ziva and taking the tape off her mouth.
" Get used to disappointment, you liar! " Ziva said firmly with a tone.
Jeanne got mad and started to pace... she shook her head and tried to say something but nothing came out.
Ziva smirked and she said to Jeanne.
" What's wrong? Daddy, got your tounge? " Ziva said boldly.
" how dare you! " Jeanne said before turning around and sliced Ziva's arm with the scalpal.
Ziva sucked up the pain because god knows what else they would do to her if she dare made another sound.
The wound was bleeding down her arm but not bad enough to the point of bleeding out.
Jeanne put the scalpal down and started to fill the siringe with more liquid and tapped it get the air out of it.
" This won't hurt a bit, Officer David... maybe it is pure poison. " Jeanne said coming nearer to her.
" It's DiNozzo! " Ziva said standing up and knocking Jeanne to the floor.
La Grenouille saw his daughter go down and her cheek was bleeding from hitting the floor, he walked up to Ziva and gave her the hardest hit to the face.
La Grenouille walked over and helped his daughter up and cleaned off her wound on her cheek.
" For that you will pay... with death. " La Grenouille said holding the siringe to her chest.
At that minute that Ziva thought she was going to die, the doors busted open and NCIS, FBI and SWAT came in surrounding Jeanne and La Grenouille.
NCIS ran over to help Ziva and untied her, Tony held her in his arms and comforted her.
FBI searched the room for any signs of drugs, sedatives, or any dangerous chemicals being used.
They found the siringe that was filled with White Oleander extract which is pure poison and that would have killed Ziva in a few minutes, if it was a huge dose maybe a few seconds.
" Jeanne, why would you ever do this. I trusted you Jeanne. You betrayed me Jeanne, and this is exactly why I broke up with you. You never told me about your family Jeanne and when I found out that 'The Frog' was your father. I felt different about you. " Tony said to Jeanne after he walked up to her.
" TONY YOU KNOW NOTHING ABOUT BETRAYAL! YOU HAVE NEVER, EVER SEEN TRUE BETRAYAL! YOU HAVE NEVER BEEN THREATENED BY YOUR OWN FAMILY TONY! MY FATHER FORCED ME TO BE WITH YOU AND HE TOLD ME HE WOULD KILL ME IF I DIDN'T LURE YOU TO HIM. I DON'T KNOW WHAT HIS ISSUE IS WITH YOU BUT I HAD NO CHOICE!. " Jeanne said to Tony and he had no interest in what she said, because she did have a choice.
" Jeanne, you did have a choice and you choose your family game over a family who trusted you more than anything. We asked you to set aside your differences for god sakes, to help my wife when we needed you more than anything that day. She hated you when you were dating me and she still wanted me to call you. I could have phoned anyone Jeanne, Carly, Annie but I phoned you Jeanne. So yeah you had a choice. " Tony said walking back to his wife.
" I am so sorry Tony. " Jeanne said holding the scalpal to her throat.
" Put the scalpal down Jeanne, you don't want to do this. " Tony said trying to step near her.
" Stay back I swear I will do it. " Jeanne said putting her hand out to him.
" Jeanne, don't do it... you did not do anything that was worth forgetting. You did not hit my wife, you did not drug her, you did not hurt her Jeanne. Just please put the scalpal down. " Tony begged.
" Jeanne, put the scalpal down... or else. " La Grenouille said before walking up to her.
" Papa, I am sick of you ordering me around like one of your hitmen. You are threatening me all the time papa. I can't live with it. " Jeanne said holding the knife to her throat and starts to move the knife along her skin then turns around fast and slits her fathers throat quickly.
La Grenouille falls to the ground bleeding out fast and FBI runs over over to him and SWAT surrounds Jeanne.
" You are under arrest Ms. Benoit for the murder of La Grenouille, you will be charged with Manslaugter and attempted murder on a Federal Agent. " Fornell says as he cuffs her and hold her back.
A New Start by Ziva David
Author's Notes:
After Ziva is saved tony takes her to HQ and we reveal a secret continuing relationship.
Tony sat at the hospital by his wife while she gets the blood on her arm cleaned off.
" you okay, Ziva? " Tony asked her stroking her lower back.
" Ken... " Ziva said still shaken from the threat he made to her about Tony, she took a deep breath and just sat there quietly.
" Ziva, what is wrong honey? hmmm. Talk to me baby. " Tony said as Ziva turned her head to look away from the stitching.
Ziva's face cringed out of fear of needles and Tony held her close to him and calmed her down.
She is swollen and bruised from the hits and then the doctor put her arm in a sling and tells her she can go home.
Tony gently lifts her off the table and carries her to the car.
" There you go baby... " Tony says as he gently puts her in her seat.
" owwww, thank you Tony. " Ziva said and she laid her head on the seat belt area that crossed her neck.
Tony got in the car and drove of back to headquarters.
Driving along the innerstate Ziva was fast asleep and Tony was wondering if he should wake her.
But he thought cranky mossad officer, wake her up... not a good combanation.

Tony pulled up to the front doors and got out of the car.
He went around to the passangers side and opened the door and put his arm under Ziva's legs and gently pulled her up.
" You okay? " Tony asked Ziva.
" Yes.. where are we? " Ziva said, she had fallen asleep in the car and they head into the building.
" Work, everyone wants to see you and plus the kids are here. " Tony said carrying her inside the elevator.
" Tony I want to try and walk... please. " Tony looks at her and then puts her down carefully and keeps his arm around her waist.
" Toda... " Ziva continues as she takes small steps out of the elevator.
" Ziva! " Abby yells and the team turns their attention to her and Tony.
" mommy! " Sra yells and runs over to her.
" Shalom sweetheart... " Ziva says quietly as she sits at her desk and stroks the side of Shyann's face, who was in her carrier.
" so how do you feel Ziva? " McGee says walking over to her desk.
" Like I got beat up... " Ziva says laughing a little.
" Kinda obvious McGeek, don't ya think! " Tony says and Gibbs smacks his head.
" Thank you boss... " Tony says rubbing his head and looks to see his wife snickering.
" Not funny Zee-vah! " Tony said rubbling his head still.
" Yes, it was... my little hairy butt. " Ziva said laughing again.
" So what happened back there anyway? " Abby asked Tony.
" Well when we got there, Ziva was beat up bad and then Jeanne killed her father after threatnening to kill herself. It was aweful." Tony said with a cringe on his face just remembering how bad it was to see some killed like that and so fast. But Tony had seen it before, with Vincent Hanlan.
Tony sat there kind of laughing and got up and saw Ziva was tired.
" Why don't we go home honey? " Tony said getting up and slowly getting her up.
Gibbs walked over to the desk and grabbed the carrier and Jenn picked up Sara and helped them to the car.
Tony put ziva in the car, while Gibbs stapped in Shyann and Jenn buckled up Sara in her booster seat.
" Call us and tell us how she is in the morning DiNozzo. " Jenn told him as she walked to his window.
" Yeah if you don't you deal with me. " Gibbs said and laughed.
" We will boss... for now I need to get her home. " Tony said and started the car.
Gibbs and Jenn stepped away from the car and Tony drove off out of the Navy Yard.
Gibbs and Jenn watched as they left and Gibbs put his arm around Jenn, kissed her and they headed back the building.
This story archived at http://www.ncisfiction.com/viewstory.php?sid=2039