We Know by tinga13
Summary: Everyone knows, and they let the happy couple know that they know.
Categories: Gibbs/Abby Characters: Abby Sciuto, Anthony DiNozzo, Donald Mallard, Jenny Shephard, Leroy Jethro Gibbs, Michelle Lee, Timothy McGee, Ziva David
Genre: Romance
Pairing: Gibbs/Abby
Warnings: None
Challenges:
Series: None
Chapters: 1 Completed: Yes Word count: 836 Read: 3550 Published: 06/04/2007 Updated: 06/04/2007

1. We Know by tinga13

We Know by tinga13
Author's Notes:
Everyone knows, and they let the happy couple know that they know.
Gibbs walked out of MTAC and down to the bullpen. As he looked around, he growled. None of his special agents were working at their desks. He hadn't been gone that long. He'd only been gone long enough to speak with the special agent in Guatanamo Bay...not nearly long enough for his agents to go missing.

Spotting Agent Lee walking by, he stopped her, "Where are my agents?"

"I think Special Agent Dinozzo said something about seeing Dr. Mallard. He and Officer David went there, I think," Agent Lee spoke from behind her files.

"And McGee?"

"I don't know, sir," She shrugged, "But the Director wants to see you in her office."

Gibbs looked around at the empty desks around him before he ran back up the stairs. He opened the door to the Director's office lobby and spotted Abby sitting on the sofa. He looked around and saw Cynthia plucking away at her computer.

"Abs?" Gibbs asked, sitting down beside her, "What's going on?"

"I don't know," Abby replied, "I just got a call that she wanted to see me. I hope this isn't about a dress code again."

Gibbs looked at Cynthia for any hint of what the Director was up to. Seeing no hint coming his way, he looked back to Abby, "Come on. Let's find out what's going on."

Abby fell into step behind Gibbs, confident that he would fix any problem the Director could have with her. Gibbs opened the door and she followed him inside.

"Surprise!"

Ziva, Ducky, McGee, Tony, and Jen stood around the conference table which held a large sheet cake in the center. The cake had a little bassinet surrounded by fairies and tiny black bows. Around the cake were several gifts and other finger foods.

Gibbs grinned slightly, surprised that his agents were able to do anything behind his back without his knowing about it.

Abby leaned into Gibbs with tears pooling in her eyes while a smile brightened her features, "You guys! How'd you know?"

"We are NCIS special agents, Abby. We do know how to see what people don't want us to see," Tony announced proudly.

"Director Shepard pieced it together," McGee corrected.

Jen stepped forward and smiled at Gibbs and Abby, "I wanted you guys to know that we know, and we're very happy for you."

"Thank you," Gibbs smiled.

"Thank you," Abby grabbed Jen in a hug and squeezed her tightly.

"Congratulations, Jethro," Ducky smiled as he patted his old friend on the shoulder, "It's about time."

"I was thinking the same thing, Ducky," Gibbs smiled as he watched Abby be doted on by Ziva and Jen, "I'm a lucky man."

"So can we start calling you Dad?" Tony asked smugly before McGee head slapped him. He glared at the Probie before he turned back to Gibbs, "Seriously, Boss, congratulations."

"Thank you, Dinozzo," Gibbs grinned as he shook the senior field agent's hand.

"Boss, I'm really happy for you, and it seems like Abby is very happy too," McGee spoke before he started stammering, not sure of himself, "Not that she wouldn't be...happy. Because I'm sure you do make her happy. I'm just going to shut up now."

Gibbs's grin grew slightly as he shook McGee's hand.

"This is really going to put a kink in my next book," McGee quipped as he walked away.

Gibbs chuckled softly as he rejoined Abby with Ziva and Jen, "This is great, Jen. Thank you."

"Actually, it wasn't all my idea. Ziva played a big part in this," Jen explained as she looked to the Mossad officer.

"You did?" Abby's eyes widened.

"I am learning about your American customs, and this seemed appropriate, yes?" Ziva asked, suddenly unsure of the situation.

"Yes, thank you," Abby hugged Ziva tightly.

Jen nodded for Gibbs to join her away from the group. Gibbs looked at her, unsure of what she would have to say to him.

"Jethro," Jen began, "I'm happy for you. I can see you're finally happy, and it's Abby that makes you happy. Just don't screw this one up."

Gibbs smiled as he hugged Jen gently. He moved back to Abby as she stared at the cake.

"Hungry?" Gibbs asked softly as he wrapped his arms around her from behind as she continued to ogle the cake.

"A little," Abby grinned, "Did you know about this?"

"I didn't have a clue," He admitted as she turned to face him.

"Imagine that. Leroy Jethro Gibbs...surprised," She glowed as she wrapped her arms around his neck, "Don't tell me you're losing your touch."

He tilted an eyebrow, "Are you daring me?"

"Maybe just a little," She teased.

Gibbs leaned in and kissed Abby without inhibition. As their lips parted, he whispered, "I'll meet your dare once we get home."

Abby bounced on her heels with a smile as she turned, "Let's have some cake!"

Gibbs chuckled as she joined the part once again. He was completely in love, and they were having a baby. Losing his touch? Hardly. If anything, he was finally in his prime.
This story archived at http://www.ncisfiction.com/viewstory.php?sid=2046