Smile by schlubbs
Summary: A smile is everything he needs to calm down.
Categories: Gen Characters: Leroy Jethro Gibbs
Genre: Hurt/Comfort
Pairing: None
Warnings: None
Challenges:
Series: None
Chapters: 1 Completed: Yes Word count: 342 Read: 2385 Published: 08/17/2007 Updated: 08/17/2007
Story Notes:
The title says it all. Nothing more than a smile :) It's just a short drabble. It's not supposed to make any sense, it's just a flufy oneshot.

1. Smile by schlubbs

Smile by schlubbs
Author's Notes:
A smile is everything he needs to calm down.
Gibbs was so not in a good mood. Everyone who knew him and – to be honest – everyone who didn't know him could smell that from a distance of at least a mile that Leroy Jethro Gibbs was pissed like hell. Not only pissed. Totally pissed. Furious. Fucking out of his mind. He couldn't think clearly and when you came near him accidentally you would wonder if there was fume framing him.

Luckily for almost everyone you would never figure out quite what it was that made him so damn angry, because he'd never tell you. And the only person he would tell wasn't one to spill the beans about it. Well, about everything else he would, maybe. But not about anything concerning Gibbs. But that's not the matter here. Matter of fact, you would never know and that's it.

Neither would you ever find out about how this mad man calmed down when he was pissed. The way he did it was special. Very special and probably nothing you would ever expect from one ex-marine guy like Jethro. The secret of him was a person most people found annoying. By the way the only one who ever came to know why Gibbs was ready to kill.

Because every time when Gibbs was in such a deadly mood Tony DiNozzo could heal his wounds with one look. A lonely look combined with one of those precious innocent and honest little-boy smiles he reserved just for Gibbs. Whenever Jethro saw one of those smiles his mood changed from night to day. He saw this smile and all the shit was forgotten. Everything would be okay again.

Tony was always there for him when Gibbs needed a reassuring, steadying smile to keep him upright and not break down. When Tony was near he wouldn't break down. He could keep going. Because DiNozzo wouldn't even dream of letting him go. And it was good that way because sometimes Gibbs wouldn't be able to pull through if there wasn't someone to cach him when he was about to fall…
End Notes:
The title says it all. Nothing more than a smile :) It's just a short drabble. It's not supposed to make any sense, it's just a flufy oneshot.
This story archived at http://www.ncisfiction.com/viewstory.php?sid=2162