Impressive by Cheerlye
Summary:
Categories: DiNozzo/Kate Characters: Abby Sciuto, Anthony DiNozzo, Donald Mallard, Jenny Shephard, Kate Todd, Leroy Jethro Gibbs, Original character, Timothy McGee
Genre: Action, Case, Drama, First Time, Friendship, Humor, Romance
Pairing: DiNozzo/Kate, Kate/OFC
Warnings: None
Challenges:
Series: None
Chapters: 1 Completed: No Word count: 673 Read: 2819 Published: 12/08/2007 Updated: 12/08/2007

1. Impressive by Cheerlye

Impressive by Cheerlye
NCIS HEADQUARTERS
11:00 PM
Very Slowly Kate Leaned back into her chair. Finally she had completed all the paperwork from their last case. Of course she had no help from Tony; he was on a “Hot Date” with the “most beautiful girl in the world.” Again. And Gibbs was off with that red headed women, and McGee and Abby were off playing with a computer or something. And then there was her, alone, at work, in the dark. Again.

KATE’S APARTMENT
4:00 AM
Early Saturday Morning Kate’s Phone vibrated on the night stand beside her bed. Sleepily she reached out for it.
“Damn it Gibbs” She muttered assuming that it was Gibbs calling. “It’s not even light out.” Picking up her phone she read the front LCD screen. Christopher Matthews was what it read. “What the hell?” she muttered before answering. “I haven’t seen your name on my phone for a while.” She stated half playfully, half angrily.
“Yeah, about two years now,” said an apparently angry man.
“What’s wrong?”
“Someone is trying to assassinate the president”
“So, what else is new?” she laughed.
“Kate... it’s someone on the inside, someone working for me.”
“Working for you?”
“Yeah, after the boss retired I was appointed head of the secret service,”
“Wow. Congratulations.”
“Well, you’re a little late, but thanks. Kate, I need your help.”
“My help? Chris, I work for NCIS now. I left the secret service a long time ago.”
“and I still wonder why,”
“I had my reasons.”
“I’m sure you did. Kate, I don’t want you to come back, but I know you’ve picked up some good investigative skills and I really need someone who will help me out, while keeping it on the down low.”
“Christopher, you can’t really expect to keep this a secret.”
“Kate, how is it going to look if I have a traitor working for me? I’ll probably be fired.”
“Chris…”
“Caitlin… I need you.”
“Ok… I’ll do it.”
“Thank you! Meet you for coffee at the usual in ten?”
“Make it Starbucks in 40,”
“Ok.”
“The one by my apartment. Do you remember where I live?”
“How could I forget, bye.”
“Ha... bye…”

TONY”S APARTMENT
10:00AM
Tony finished writing down the address of the new crime scene and hung up with Gibbs.
“Ok…” he said talking out loud to himself. “I’ve got to call Kate, I’ve got to shower, gotta get dressed, gotta go pick Kate up, and gotta get coffee….” He speed dialed Kate’s cell. It was turned off. He speed dialed her apartment. No answer. “Oh well… she’ll be in trouble on Monday.”

STARBUCKS
Tony quickly turned off the car and dashed into Starbucks. As he stood in line trying to decide between the poppy seed muffin and the glazed donut something caught his eye. It was Kate sitting at a table in the corner of the room with a tall, handsome, muscular man in a black suit, looking over a stack of papers. Leaving his spot in line he walked towards them. They bother had numerous empty coffee cups in front of them and they were both deeply interested in the papers, so interested that neither noticed when he sat down at the table with them. The first thing he noticed was the man’s badge. Secret Service. Secret service was written at the tops of all the papers too.
“Aren’t you secret service people supposed to be really observant?” asked Tony.
“Just seeing how long you could sit there with out being acknowledged DiNozzo,” Kate muttered with out looking up.
“Why is your phone turned off Kate?” Tony said more seriously.
“Tony, I’m a little busy.” Kate said angrily finally looking up.
“In case you’ve forgotten Kate, you work for us now, not the secret service,” Tony said becoming angry.
“Believe me Tony, I haven’t forgotten,” then she muttered something under her breath that he couldn’t make out.
“Well, we’ve got a case so tell your little playmate bye-bye and let’s get going.”
“You have fun with that Tony, Gibbs should of gotten the call from the Director by now.”
“What’s going on here?” Tony asked. Kate and him and little arguments all the time, but this was different.
“Tony, I’m Busy!” And with the Tony left somewhat hurt and confused.
End Notes:
Please someone tell me if it is worth continuing. i really need to know. please?!?!?!
This story archived at http://www.ncisfiction.com/viewstory.php?sid=2258