When I'm not me by Special Agent Caz
Summary: She smiled brightly, putting Kate Todd to the back of her mind and held out her hand to have it shaken by Gibbs.
Categories: Gen Characters: Kate Todd
Genre: Character study
Pairing: None
Warnings: None
Challenges:
Series: None
Chapters: 1 Completed: Yes Word count: 374 Read: 1951 Published: 12/21/2007 Updated: 12/21/2007

1. When I'm not me by Special Agent Caz

When I'm not me by Special Agent Caz
Author's Notes:
She smiled brightly, putting Kate Todd to the back of her mind and held out her hand to have it shaken by Gibbs.
She smiled as she walked into the bullpen; it was good to be back and to see that nothing had changed. Well, nothing much.

Tony was still sitting at his desk sending verbal taunts through the air and across the pathway between the desks at McGee, not realising Gibbs was behind him until he received a large and loud smack on the back of the head.

It was still the same. Except…

There was someone sitting in her desk, another woman, she’s guessing her replacement. She squint’s her eyes, reading the name plate Officer Ziva David. They’d replaced her, a special agent, with an officer. But she supposed she had to be replaced after all she was dead, well at least Special Agent Caitlin Todd was dead.

There was only one person in the whole of NCIS that knew Kate Todd wasn’t really dead, she was merely in witness protection and had been for the past year and a half and that was Director Shepherd. She was finally aloud to re-apply for a job with NCIS, under the stipulation that she of course made sure no one would recognise her, by personality or physically.

So there she stood at the door to her old office, once brunette hair now died blonde, cut short and chemically straightened, her brown eyes covered with green contacts and a couple of new piercings in her ears and one in her nose.

She wasn’t Kate Todd anymore, but she was trying to keep her life as similar as she could without giving herself away.

Taking a deep breath and running a hand through her hair she stepped out confidently into the line of sight of her new team.

Feeling their eyes on her, burning into her soul she was thankful she had enough practice masking her emotions so that she didn’t run over and jump straight into Tony or Gibbs’ arms.

She smiled brightly, putting Kate Todd to the back of her mind and held out her hand to have it shaken by Gibbs.

“Hi, I’m Special Agent Cameron Galleio, I’m joining your team.”

And as she walked to her new desk she hoped that maybe one day she would again be known as Special Agent Caitlin Todd.

She could only hope.
This story archived at http://www.ncisfiction.com/viewstory.php?sid=2286