Unwanted visitor by dolphinsiren
Summary: Every anniversary it has been the same..´till now.
Categories: Gibbs/Kate Characters: None
Genre: Romance, Humor
Pairing: Gibbs/Kate
Warnings: None
Challenges:
Series: None
Chapters: 4 Completed: No Word count: 7218 Read: 9937 Published: 12/30/2007 Updated: 07/09/2008
Story Notes:
Well... we are facing the last two days of 2007... these days that people uses to wonder about recent past and future...
Nothing was going to change very soon in their co workers relationship... but an unexpected visitor will change this.....

1. Unwanted visitor by dolphinsiren

2. Unexpected revelations by dolphinsiren

3. The "ex husband " is the last ... by dolphinsiren

4. Gibbs wants to know. by dolphinsiren

Unwanted visitor by dolphinsiren
Author's Notes:
Every anniversary it has been the same..´till now.
His mobile rang again.
He didn`t need to see the caller ID to know who was calling again, and again, and again. The phone stopped ringing for a moment and then started up again.
It was the eleventh time it had started to ring, and without a single
look to any member of his team, all of them unsuccessfully trying desperately not to seem interested, Gibbs flung the damn thing away. The cell phone followed a perfect arch and landed in the waste basket at the side of Tony`s desk with a soundly clunk.
DiNozzo didn’t’ t believe his eyes. Gibbs throwing his mobile away, that was nothing rare, but throwing it in to his waste basket, well, that was something new.
Obviously, it was not surprising to them with his well know Marine Corps skills, that he could make it in to DiNozzo`s unsuspecting waste basket.
DiNozzo dared to risk a quick glance at his boss, receiving a intense glare in return.
¨Any problem if I use your trash can, Agent DiNozzo? ¨ Gibbs barked with a gruff, crisp voice. ¨This is a federal building and no on owns anything here, not even the waste baskets. I can use yours if I want. Got it?”
“ Got it, boss. I was just wondering….” Oh, the simple question gave Gibbs the opportunity he was waiting for to discharge his fury against someone, whoever he, she, or it, was.
“You were wondering what, DiNozzo!? “ Gibbs voice was booming, and the rest of his team raised their eyes up from their paperwork to look at the two men.
Kate frowned and McGee was becoming paler by the second,
his eyes widening. He knew from experience that Gibbs rage, once triggered, didn’t finish with whom it had initially been targeted at. The entire team knew that each member of it was going to suffer the lose ends of his fury. He had a gift with using past scruples to torture his team.
McGee racked his brain, looking for an opportunity to get away and find refuge in Abby´s lab and arms. Fortunately, or unfortunately, Gibbs attention was still focused on DiNozzo, who had enough guts to keep the conversation going.
˜Well, it surprised me boss… why did you do that, anyways. It isn’t
about to convince us that you are a skilled sniper. We know you always
hit the damned can! Also, I know your aiming skills. They saved my life
before, boss”. This statement reached its mark. Somehow, it calmed Gibbs fury, and yet, he kept his gazed locked on to his senior field agent.
“Okay, DiNozzo. I don’t want you losing sleep over wondering about the damn reason. I used your waste basket, not because it is yours, don’t be so obsessed, but because I want to keep that damn phone as far from me as I can. I used your waste basket because it is farther from me than mine is. Did I explain myself clear enough for you?”, he finished in his cold and calm voice. Then, he sat back in his chair and crossed his fingers over his stomach, still starring at DiNozzo, waiting for the acquiescence he wants, and gets.
“Absolutely, boss.” Tony murmured, knowing that Gibbs had not explained anything at all, he was just trying to diverge his attention and knew it would be better for his own health not to ask about his bizarre behavior again. So, DiNozzo followed the example of Kate, who looked concentrated on her work, and Mc Gee, who didn’t even raise his nose from the files he was checking.
There was no active case, and they were working on a cold case that Gibbs gave them a couple of days ago: a three year old unsolved murder that occurred out in Quantico.
Only a few minutes went by in complete silence before Gibbs stood and grabbed his brown coat from the rack, put it on, and grabbed his gun and badge from his drawer. “For a decent coffee” he announced, not looking at them, and striding his way to the exit. Three pairs of eyes followed him to the elevator and all them sighed in relief and relaxed their shoulders when the metallic doors close behind his bulk.
Mc Gee finally got his mouth closed, only to open it again: “Wow! what
was that?”.
“It’s the boss man, McGee. Don’t ask, just get used to it… probie “…
Everyone went back to their paperwork, throwing a joke around ever few
minutes to keep the mood light. About half an hour later, Gibbs still hadn’t
appeared again, and no one was missing his presence.
It was almost noon, and most people had gone for lunch. Six or seven
agents were still on the floor, including Gibbs team. The sky
loomed outside. Snow was inevitable. Everything inside and outside of the
building was silent. Kate yawned as she stretched in her chair. With no way to
go out for lunch, she was thinking of maybe calling for delivery. After
recalling her options, she opted to eat the two cereal bars she was carrying in
her purse and to finish her tea. An early dinner would compensate her, she
thought, while she moved the tea bag up and down in her cup, letting its fragrance invade her nostrils.
Only the murmur from the keyboards filled the air. Even DiNozzo was quiet, which meant one of two things. He was reading emails from his girls or snooping around his dirty web sites. At least those activities, although forbidden, kept him quiet. Kate wanted so badly for Gibbs to suddenly enter the office and see how DiNozzo so productively spends the agencies time.
The “ding” from the elevator made everyone almost jump from their seats, thinking Gibbs could finally be back. Yet, this was not Gibbs.
A tall, perfectly curved silhouette approached them in a hurried motion. She was wrapped in an expensive ivory colour coat, and her purse, Kate noted, would cost at least one month of her own salary. Maybe in her early forties, the lady’s beauty was still and stunning, almost heart stopping. Her green eyes were big and elongated, giving her face a feline appearance, and her mouth, although curved in a nasty grin, was full and sexy.
She stood in front of DiNozzo’s desk, her long, perfect legs briefly parted like she needed to affirm herself on the ground over her tall elegant heels. The NCIS visitors badge was clipped on her coat. Evidently, DiNozzo knew who she was. He kept looking up at her with his most charming smile, one hand under his chin, while biting the nail of his ring finger.
Kate could have sworn his eyes were shinning as they laughed at the situation.
The visitor tousled the long curls of her intense red hair back over
her shoulders with a sharp, impatient motion, and aiming to the empty desk
with her cell phone, asked DiNozzo: ˜Where in the hell is this bastard son
of a bitch…. buried ?”.

Kate and McGee, as well as the other two agents who were in the bullpen and within ear shot were frozen, their mouths dropped in shock. Kate wondered who she was and why DiNozzo’s face was showing this weird half amused half alert look. She knew that there was something he knew that they did not.
“Don’t know, maâm. He is supposed to be out of town. We are running a complicated case and he had to …”
The green eyes darkened dangerously over DiNozzo. “Don’t you even try to kid me, DiNozzo. Remember, I am a well trained attorney. I can see that little green light from here. His screen, it is on, and none of you have the guts to dare use his computer…. besides, his entire team is here. The bastard went for coffee, I bet, I’m sure he is around… well, I’ll just wait here until he decides to show up… He is not going to escape from me this time!
Despite her officious tone, her voice had a lightly slurring quality , this and her furry, not to mention the alcoholic smell assaulting DiNozzo’s nostrils, now that she had gotten close to him, confirmed his suspicion.
DiNozzo guessed she was drunk again, and that she had gotten every anniversary in the rounds of shots. He should have known better, apparent that boss bad mood was a direct reflection of this, ending with Gibbs cell phone in the waste basket.
“Oh, I don’t think he is going to be back any time soon. But you could give me a message and I could…”
The long lashes went down over the feline green eyes a couple of times and
suddenly she laughed, opened her Prada purse, and he long fingers began digging for something inside, emerging in seconds with a pale blue envelope.
“On second though, DiNozzo, I can’t afford myself to spend my time on stupid things. After all, these days I’m to damn busy, with getting ready for my wedding and all. I need the money that your bastard of a boss owes me…. so, tell him…” she started as her tongue got tied, “…tell him that I’ll collect each cent before my wedding. I swear I will!”
DiNozzo opened his mouth to reply, but his answer was cut by a sharp, amazed exclamation coming from the desk across from him. Apparently, It wasn’t until that moment that Kate realized who the pretty, drunk red head was.
The sound from Kate made the red head turn sharply around, facing the
petite brunette, who straightened up in her chair, saying nothing. Their eyes
locked, the green ones slid down Kate’s slender body, at least, the parts visible from behind her desk, with a malicious shine. She forgot about the preceding contest with DiNozzo, who remained still, sitting, trying to figure out what the best course of action would be.
The red head points to Kate with her long index finger, perfectly manicured. “You…” she said “ you must be Jethro’s new acquisition. A bitch coming from the Secret Service….”
Kate jumped slightly because of the adjective used to describe her, but said nothing. Attacking an attorney wouldn’t have been the best for her career, even when the lady in question was drunk and insulted her with no provocation, Kate thought to herself, trying to look unaffected.
The red head laughed again.
“Okay, pretty thing, let me tell you something that will be very useful for you, and your future”..
She paused briefly, seizing her. Kate knew she was profiling her, and enjoying
whatever she was going to say. When she finally spoke, what she said overpasses
every possibility that she could have considered.
" Don´t let the bastard fuck you..."

TBC....

Special special THANKS to Terin, who did a fast and wonderful job betaing this.....
End Notes:
Well... we are facing the last two days of 2007... these days that people uses to wonder about recent past and future...
Nothing was going to change very soon in their co workers relationship... but an unexpected visitor will change this.....
Unexpected revelations by dolphinsiren
Author's Notes:
The pretty and drunk redhead talks about her ex husband with Kate...
Could the Special Agent Todd manage the shocking information she got from Diane ????
…… Don’t let the bastard fuck you”
TBC….

Chapter 2:
Kate couldn’t believe her ears. It was evident that the language of the “ex-number whatever- she- was” was not precisely ladylike. Kate was still trying to find what to say, when the red head completed the sentence:
“Or, don’t let him keep fucking you anymore… if you both already had been sleeping together, as I am sure you are. Even being the best lover that ever walked this bloody earth, as I am sure you already know , he is the coldest bastard as well…” she pursed her mouth capriciously and seemed to be considering some aspect of what she just had said, adding as a further clarification: “ Wait, did I say “ lover “? That is not an accurate word to describe him. ” Lover” implicates some type of affection or care for the other. So, I’m sadly obliged to change that word to “fucker”, which better describes the kind of a cold bastard he is!”
At that moment, Kate’s pale face blushed violently and she closed her fists, tightening them. Yet, she didn’t dare move. Diane was talking in a lower voice by now, but McGee surely could still hear her from his desk. Without a look, Kate could see that he was unmoving, like a frog being observed by a snake.
She was shocked, and confused. Just one word flashed into Kate’s brain: “Why?” What in the hell would make Gibbs’ ex wife come to the conclusion that they were sleeping together?
“˜You listening, pretty thing?” She hisses, “You are young, but not stupid. I guess, from the moment you had been chosen to protect our beloved number one. I wish you would let me give you advice: Don’t become addicted to him, just want you to know; the bloody seducer is like a drug… pretty addictive.”
At this point she rolled her eyes and laughed briefly, “And pretty gifted by mother
Nature to be one…Oh! Yeah!!! , holy motherf@#!$% he is…!!! ”

Oblivious to Kate’s shock, the red head notices that DiNozzo had somehow left silently. She didn’t care, it was better, she didn’t like him. She could swear the sucker was hidden behind the nearest corner using his cell phone, and that is even better for her purposes, informing his boss about her presence there.
The unwanted visitor rolls a seat near Kate’s desk and undulates to get into a position without creasing her coat, facing her.
At Kate’s unbroken silence, she made her place there, setting her purse on the desk and unbuttoning her coat, exposing her long neck and the generous curve of her ample breasts under her chic lavender shirt.

She shows off herself intently, all her body language is shouting: “look at me, look at all that your boss had and let go”. The red head hit her objective, and for a moment, Kate felt like the “Ugly Duckling” ….She couldn’t help seeing herself short and tiny and not feminine enough in comparison with Gibbs’ ex wife. It was what she was trying to suggest by exposing her luxurious body to be appreciated. Obviously it was about some kind of competition among females that she was displaying. What in the
hell made her boss’ ex-wife think that she could represent her competition or
replacement? But her thinking is interrupted again; the lady hadn’t finished yet, and
was glancing at her and her receding reddened cheeks with interest now. And kept
speaking….

“The first night I spent with Leroy Jethro Gibbs, I thought I had gotten god into my bed ….sleeping with me. Although sleep is the last thing you could do with him”. She did pause, enjoying the blush blooming on Kate’s cheeks anew.
“As I said, the bastard is pretty addictive, you never have enough of him …” She sighs and her furious eyes become suddenly the saddest ones…. “Yeah…’’ and she adds:
“Don’t let him in, or he’ll be your owner and you will be his … and this is all that counts! Never mind if he sleeps here in the HQ three consecutive nights toward a hot case! … never mind if when he finally comes home barely speaks to you .You both, …” Diane amazing green eyes are not looking at Kate anymore, are lost in the past, focused in some recreated domestic scene that brings to the present her own feelings of fail…
” You both would be seat there in silence… he eats dinner that you had cooked early and answers your questions with grouchy yeses or no’s … his eyes are focused on his plate, focused in the image of some dirty bag he is chasing for.… as if for catching one more bad guy you could make the past disappear… make dead people to live again and heal deep wounds of your heart …..He even didn’t notice you are wearing your new blue dress that was chosen to match his eyes…..and soon he is gone, downstairs to work on his damn boat …. and you feel….alone…”


Meanwhile, Agent DiNozzo had not been wasting his time, it was just to hear Diane starting to give her never asked advices to Kate and he had had enough of all this, he decided to take this odd situation under his responsibility… he is the senior agent after all and should put the end to the disturbing thing. He walked his way down the hallway and got inside the men’s restroom, he is sure that not even Diane should dare to search for him there. Once in the safety men’s territory, he handles his cell phone while the mirror shows the image of him messing in his short style hair.
“ Ducky!!! Please, over here ASAP… or you are going to work on your next crime scene up here soon!!! It’s Diane… move!!!”

Diane was looking at Kate intently …she almost had let her dive into her deep hidden feelings, but in just two seconds her green eyes recovered some of the bitter revenge quality that had before. Kate knows that, sometimes when someone wants to close a life cycle need to talk with someone about it… it’s not that you want to go to a psychologist… no, you want to talk with unknown common people about your common problems… not precisely that she is someone unknown for Diane Strict sensor , but even so….. And of course, if she wanted a kind of revenge, nothing better than giving such… “Intimate” information to one of the subordinates of such intensely “private” man that Diane ex husband, her boss, Gibbs…. is.

Diane started to roll the thick curls of her red hair in two long fingers…she was decided to tell Kate all what she is mad about … and nothing in the world could stop her words ; as much as nothing in the universe couldn’t help Kate to hear them.
“…And then… you went to the cold bed alone and you got some sleep with tears already drying on your face and having swore that you’ll never try to conquest his heart anymore …” Oh… Diane is enjoying each second, she watches Kate’s face…. Her dark eyes shining… her mouth briefly open… as if she would be watching a suspense movie …
“ That’s when ... “She pauses briefly enjoying Kate’s face: she barely breaths…she guesses where Diane is going but she doesn’t stop her by once her curiosity overpasses her embarrassment and Kate would want to ask…. “So?’” But it was no necessary… Diane follows speaking with a half smile… half grin: “So… out of the blue… silently… unexpectedly… amazingly…he is with you… he reaches your bed in the darkness….he curled his magnificent body behind you… and touches your skin and kisses and bits your neck… “hard” (she clarifies)… and all your resolution and hate against him evaporates under his burning touch and your body melts under him….”
Kate can’t help to tremble a little; the image that Diane described appeared as a vivid coloured and sounding picture in her mind screen. she is really watching these two in bed, the picture of their splendid entangled bodies is for her one of the most beautiful erotic images she ever had thought.. Her heart rate is growing up exponentially and Kate fought to keep her breathing normal. But Diane seems not to perceive Kate emotions… she has enough having to control her own feelings while speaking: “And he… he is enjoying how he can make you scream and beg for more… and more and more… and finally, when you fall asleep … exhausted and hating yourself … he, the bastard, sleeps a couple of hours and then disappears again…” at this point she stopped and kept glaring at Kate intently… she already had perceived some shy nature in her and oh yeah!!! … The effect is even better than she had wished … Special Agent Todd is frozen … and Diane could swear that the next time she will see her boss her face would reddened merciless ….and the cold bastard never would know why….

“I far prefer Vodka… after all, you can break the bottle, but you can’t smash Jethro in to a million pieces! Oh, believe me that I tried, but his head is as hard as his heart…”

At this point, the red head’s mood was getting smoother than before.
Evidently she had told the most part of what she had intended and this had cooled her down. Kate was thinking to herself that maybe this woman was not that much of a witch. After all, her profiler abilities were active now and the worst had passed. Kate was recovering from the initial shock.
She thought that maybe she was heart broken and that she had wanted much more from Gibbs. She thought she could see hurt and disappointment, but, that shouldn’t be that surprising.
As if the red head were reading her thoughts, she added, in Kate’s direction “Have to share more than great sex to have a successful marriage… and our relationship was based on appearances, after all.. “ Diane sighed and made herself more comfortable reclining back and crossing her beautiful long shaped legs. She looked deeply into Kate’s eyes that she had been successful on covering with cautiousness. Even though , the skilled interrogator that Diane was, despite the mist of alcohol effects that could have dim her perception, was enough active to feel there is something behind the professional and kind look … something that was hard to characterize … but Diane is highly observant, her profession and the time she spend trying to understand her ex-husband had trained her. The emotion she read into the petite brunette eyes is……curiosity. Good.

“I’m going to have a good husband now, but this doesn’t mean that I’m going to forgive Gibbs”. The red headed woman stopped talking at that point, remaining strangely calm. That was the opportunity that Kate was waiting for. May now she could put this odd situation to the end…

“I’m sorry, maâm……I…”
“Diane, my name is Diane” the red head cut in sharply.
“Okay, I’m sorry, Diane. I know how difficult he is to work with at times. He must be much harder to live with”…
That worked. Kate sighed to herself. It put it clear for Diane that she and her sexy boss were just co-workers, and it showed some sympathetic feeling toward the woman, which just reinforced the previous concept as well.
Diane smiled sadly and then stood up and extended her right hand to Kate over her desk. “Agent Todd, please forgive me. I’m still mad at the bastard; there is no reason to accuse you of such things. Forgive what I have said.
Without hesitation, Kate shook Diane’s soft hand, the four carat diamond on her finger catching Kate’s eye.
“That is easy to do, Diane. I think you and I understand each other quite well” Kate finishes.
Diane goes to hand Kate the blue envelope, but thinking twice, turned around and walked to Gibbs desk, placing it in plain site on top of an open file.
˜Have a good day, Agent Todd” with a quick glance to where McGee sat, she strode to the elevator. Her red hair disappeared behind the metal doors as they close.

TBC...
Special thanks to my BETA Lindsey, who does a great job here !!!!
End Notes:
Forgive me!!!!It's been a while since the first chapter was posted... I promise that I'll update this one soon... BTW: the sail of my boat ( my inspiration )needs the wind of your nice reviews to go ahead !!!!!
The "ex husband " is the last ... by dolphinsiren
Author's Notes:
The last to be informed about the next wedding, will be Gibbs !!!!
UNWANTED VISITOR

Part 3
A/n: This is going to be a short one; I hesitated a lot but finally decided to give into a “time inconsistency” about “whom” is going to be the next husband of Diane. As we knew by the show, this had occurred at least some years ago. Anyway, it works for my aim… to give you as much fun as I could !!!
Thanks to my patient and fast ( and it’s not a contradiction !!!!) beta, “MaeLace”
Hope you enjoy !!!!!!...
Your reviews help me to post ASAP!!!!
Dolphinsiren.

The elevator metallic doors closes behind Diane’s tall silhouette, and is not until this moment that Kate notes that DiNozzo is not longer behind his desk. He had managed himself to evaporate silently, preventing the furious redhead should decide to drive her rage back to him. "
“Bloody DiNozzo…”- Kate thinks that he had let her being the alternative target and just had faded away. But she is wrong, no had even time to say a word to McGee, who stays still sat and keeps his wide opened eyes locked with hers. She crosses her arms and looks back at him frowning, her eyes darting over the now scared probie.
“ McGee: just "one "word about all this to Gibbs, and I’ll have to shoot you!!
Got it ????…
Tim shakes his head saying silently “ no” and then nods saying “yes” , till having back the use of his voice he adds seriously: “ Sure, Kate… I… I won’t say a word… don’t worry…. I… I had wanted to go out… but couldn’t let you stay alone with her….”
She softens her mood a bit and gives to Tim her warm smile. McGee may be boyish and not yet full trained but he is always the gentleman … “Thanks Tim… you are not the type of coward that DiNozzo is….”
But Kate is forced to change her mind one more time. Tony is running back into the bullpen followed by Ducky. They must have taken the stairs …and Kate can’t help and smile at Ducky, who is looking around while loosening his tie, his breath slightly labored.
“ Easy… guys, she is already gone...”
“ Oh… Caitlin, my dear… Tony said me that she had insulted you… Forgive Diane, my young Caitlin, she is not really a bad person… the fact is that she is still hurt and… disappointed…. I….”
Kate sighs.
“Oh yeah… Ducky, I ‘ve just noticed that…”
She avoids to tell them about the detailed information that Diane had give, all that was going to be a well kept secret between her and Mc Gee and the best that she could do for her own sake and her own mental health, is not to think about it anymore…
That is the moment when DiNozzo notices the pale blue envelope on Gibbs’s desk, The fine piece of paper is leaning against his desk lamp base. With an excited giggle he jumps forward and catches it, not giving a look to the others who had started to voice a slightly objection. Kate’s voice makes itself evident over the others:
“DiNozzo!!! This is none of your bussin… “But she can’t help and approaches to him in bunch with the others while Tony, having opened carefully the envelope, get the invitation card in hand and gives a sharp exclamation. Instantly, all them are close, reading over his shoulder, and all them form a surprised chorus… “... Fornell!!!!!” .

TBC.......
Gibbs wants to know. by dolphinsiren
Author's Notes:
He knows that something happened ... Since Diane had visited the office his team is acting weird... and Kate is avoiding him.
Tobias Fornell had heard Gibbs’ arguments in quiet silence. Finally he had spoken, wearing a little smile that gave a mischievous look to his thin face: Did you ever think that the problem was not her, Jethro? After all, it was her first marriage, you on the other hand…” Gibbs studied his face carefully, noticing he was relaxed and content, and thought that itwas the closest to a happy face that he had ever seen on his friend . He knows Tobias as an intelligent guy, or at least he thought he was .

They stood close to the elevator doors, cups of coffee in hand, talking. Everybody was going out or coming from lunch and the “conference room” had been occupied … so, they stood there, trying to keep their conversation out of the reach of eager ears. Gibbs was sure that his agents had seen the invitation for the damn wedding on his desk, and probably many of them had met Diane when she had dropped it off. No that any of them had told him anything… and Gibbs preferred to think that they were not avoiding on purpose the issue, but just respecting his privacy.

Gibbs was now looking at Fornell wearing his best smirk. The whole thing had annoyed him at the beginning, not that he still had something for Diane, God … not!! It was…. just a question of principles, he doesn’t want to see his friend doing the same mistake he did. Or, at least that was what his mind consciously tells him: worries about his friend and to hell with Diane! She was an authentic nightmare …

“… Okay, Tobias… wish you won’t come later and tell me that I hadn’t warned you before!!” And he took a big sip of his already cold coffee.

“This is not my intention, Jethro. You have to admit that your marriage with Diane was like a coin: two heads. And you are still focused in one of them: “yours”.

Gibbs shrugged his shoulders, the smirk is frozen on his face now; “Well, Tobias it’s your choice after all, you both are growth kids …besides… I don’t blame you; she owns a good pair of reasons to convince a man with ….”

Fornell smiles, he is not impressed at all and doesn’t look offended.

“Don’t pretend to appear like such a chauvinist Jethro!! It´s not your style. Diane is a very smart and particularly sensitive woman, the fact that she still hates you a lot doesn’t lessen her good qualities; she is a quite intelligent and beautiful woman, and man, she cooks like heaven!! Oh! … Certainly…you couldn’t appreciate that last one! … I’ve been told that you used to arrive in home when the dinner had gone cold hours ago….. “.

If Fornell was trying to get Gibbs upset, he failed. At this time his friend was laughing openly. “Well Tobias… you are from the FBI and you have privileges from which we certainly are short of!!... Crime has not business hours for us… I have not a legion of men in black to boss around and I have to do things by myself …” .

Gibbs was squeezing his brains to find the perfect words to annoy his friend and pay him back for his previous remarks, when the elevator doors had opened and a person strode out. She was evidently distracted looking behind her shoulder as she walked out the elevator , answering sharply to something that DiNozzo had told before. She just had perceived that mischievous look in his eyes that made her turn her head to see further just a second too late, it wasn’t before she had hit her front body on Gibbs and made the remnants of his coffee spilled over the lapel of his coat.

DiNozzo whispered a quick ­”Hi, Boss” chuckled to her disapprovingly and disappeared walking the way to his desk as fast as possible , followed by Fornell who wanted him to give back some files about the case that they are running, And besides he had taken the hint to get over this odd conversation with the first husband of his next wife.

Gibbs and Kate remained unaccompanied there. He kept his arms open, looking down the drops of coffee that Kate was trying delicately to brush off his coat with her fingertips. She didn’t dare to look him in the eye and focused her eyes instead on the fabric of his coat. “Bad option” she thought. The weather is getting warm these days and he was not wearing his current white undershirt, having his pale blue shirt unbuttoned an extra inch so she has a very good view of the curled grey hair of his chest. They were enough close for her to feel the heat radiating from him over her face and couldn’t help to blush irremediably.

“I’m…so… sorry… Gibbs… I’ll pay for the laundries… forgive me…was DiNozzo who distracted me…you know….” And she let out her typical low and quick,

- Somewhat nervous- laughing “Sometimes he uses to be so childish…I mean … he was annoying me again and I ….”

“Wasn’t DiNozzo who hit on me, Agent Todd!!” He said in his best gruffly mood. If Kate had been looking at his face she could had perceived the amusement playing into his sparkling eyes in contradiction with his intimidating tone, but she is not, she is not looking at the ice blue pair, she is pretty sure that she’d never recover the ability to do it , not any more, not after the revelations that Diane had dropped into her ears. Revelations that every night appear in her mind more and more coloured and vivid, with the addition of her own fantasy… the fantasy that she has been feeding along the last year. It had emerged subtly and unwillingly from somewhere, some shadowed corner of her mind, God knows why…

As a woman who likes to believe that she always is in perfect dominance of her own desires able to command them keeping her at the right side of life, she had tried to dismiss those initial creepy thoughts around Gibbs, her Boss.

Accordingly to her severe Catholic education, wouldn’t been included in her list of good things to do, have sexual fantasies at all, even worst was having them about a man who is her boss, seventeen years her senior, and that never had behaved in erroneous or incorrect way with her.

After a while she had ended accepting these thoughts, candidly convincing herself that was normal for a young and single woman, to be attracted to the Alfa male of the group, and if Gibbs was the: “Oh! "what- so- perfect” …Alfa male ( it was as undeniable fact as the sun rising from the East everyday is …) she couldn’t blame herself for it . It was included in the normal biological reactions of all female subjects, to be responsive to high levels of testosterone in her surroundings. It never occurred to her that why, being Di Nozzo nicer, younger and clearly enthusiastic about her, she never had thought about him as something different from a team mate, a colleague, her partner in work. Gibbs, on the other hand…seems to be immune to her charm.

Although , amazed her how much protective he had been about her from the very first moment, not that she would think that he thinks that being a woman she is not able to protect herself , no…she knows that if she wasn’t quite good in her job he never had hired her and made part of his team.

Is not about her physical skills or abilities as a well trained agent what she knows he is worried about, but her sensitivity , the way she could react facing some particular nasty aspects of the cases they have, specially the ones that involve children or women makes him to worry about her comfort and wellbeing…

She never missed that he had never asked her how she was doing in front of any other member of the team… No; he always waited for the moment that could find her alone, and this was one more example of how careful he was with her. He never gives her the impression that she received a different treatment because of her genre . Strangely, she never felt dismissed or overprotected as a female by his attitude, on the contrary, it causes a comforting and warm sensation in her insides.

Probably as the fine team leader he is, he uses to do the same with Abby… or McGee, or even DiNozzo. May be he does it in the same privacy that he did with her, and she never knew about how much they need his approval and reinsurance in the same way she does and got. She recognizes and likes this fatherly condition of her boss, although she never watches him like a father, her father.

Until now, Kate had accepted these little fantasies and two or three more than little dreams about him (she had had the first one the night of the day she saw him flirting openly with that suspect, Melissa, and he had asked her if it was so hard to believe that a woman could feel attraction to him… “(Crap!! He almost had caught her out of guard…and she was not sure if he had asked her on purpose to watch how she would react…)

That dream had been actually more detailed and realistic than a little fantasy and fortunately ( or unfortunately) they had been involved in a very hot and exhausting case the morning after, which had distracted her enough from the thrilling sensation that she merely could remember from her dream … how would be to be skin to skin with him.

She had got auto convinced that the entire thing was matter of time, something that she could dominate and evenly forget about. That’s the reason why she keeps dating guys, perhaps among them she could find someone that should make her to forget of these blue eyes and the secret chill that she feels up her spine every time she turns around and see them focused on her.

His closeness is driving her crazy. No way she hides her embarrassment .His expert eyes are searching her face. Would she blame the spilled coffee?? … no, it would be a disproportioned reaction and he surely knew it. Then… she should face the unavoidable. She had being avoiding his direct sight for two days now and Kate knows that he is starting to perceive something weird. Finally she dared to look into his curious eyes, their own shining with the effort she is doing to stand still under his gaze instead of turn around and run away.

She finally collected the strength to speak.

“Gibbs…I told I’m sorry… what else should I do?... Why are you still looking at me as if … I was a suspect or murder or anything….??”

He smirked his damn smirk to her.

“You sure are not guilty of anything, Agent Todd ? … I wonder why you have been avoiding me the last two days and why are you all acting this weird. Tell me, what happened two days ago?”

It was her time to run away… but how would she do that. She is pretty sure he was going to pursuing her like a bloodhound… Oh damn... Di Nozzo… or Mc Gee… why they didn’t come to rescue her?...

“ It’s nothing Gibbs….. I … I’ve been a bit distressed… it’s about the case… that’s all.”

He chuckled in disbelief and leaned over her. And this time she didn’t step back. Some of the old known Kate still remained in her. “Good” Gibbs´ inner smile growth up, his eyes still icy and sharp.

“It has nothing to do with the case Agent Todd … and you know it!!” (His voice was dangerous low and silky). Watching how she fade and then blush in fast sequence Gibbs seemed to show some clemency and nodded in acquiescence, may be this was not the best moment.

“Okay. Go back to work… we’ll talk about this tomorrow , think about it….and then , would be better you tell me the whole true.”

And with it, he turned around and walked away hastily.

Kate remained there, her feet nailed to the pale carpeted floor. May be she could call in sick tomorrow…. No… that would be very wrong, Gibbs could go and knock her door if she wouldn’t come to work in time… Oh… damn!! This was not finished at all …. She had just got a few hours of grace to figure out what is she going to say tomorrow….

Forty minutes later.

Abby’s lab walls are trembling and shaking under the music at full volume. A friend had gave her an old version of the first album of “The cure” … hmmmm … It ´s not the type of music she likes the most, but it was not all bad…. and it matched with her mood for today…

Suddenly the sound abruptly stopped and she stopped the motion of head and waist that had accompanied the tapping of her feet on the floor. Her fingers still flying over the keyboard, not extracting her shining eyes from the screen she greeted cheerfully: -“Hi Gibbs !!”.

For all answer a memory card landed over her keyboard while her nostrils breathed eagerly the exhilarating, omnipresent scent of old fashioned soap and aftershave mixed with fresh coffee that accompanied him. She took a glance at the tiny blue thing and then looked up pleasantly into the quiet blue eyes of the person she admires the most in the world.

“Looks like one of ours, Gibbs!... what do you want me to do with??”

“You very observant or gave credit to scuttlebutt, Abbs?”…

She gave him one of her distinctive “frowning” smiles.

“May be the both… my silver fox…what can I do to humoured you, my wizard ??”

He smirks briefly, and regained a serious continent in seconds.

“It’s from ours surveillance cameras… the one close to my desk. I want you to read lip language of the two female people who appeared on the tape. I’ve been watching by myself and caught a good part… but you are the best at this job…”

“It’s NOT a ‘tape’ not anymore … Gibbs!!” She chirped excited, and no paying attention to his “… whatever it was Abbs…just do it. ” Abby followed: “What I couldn’t see, my baby gets!!” and she had patted sympathetically her processor.

“When do you wanna have it done, Gibbs…tomorrow’s morning … next week ??”

“For yesterday, Abbs .. and just one more thing : keep this strictly between us…

´s clear ??.

The Goth chick nodded slowly: “Crystal Gibbs….. crystal”.

By the second “crystal” he was gone.

With a slight sigh Abby amplified the music volume at top level and went back to work.


a/n: Okay... this is all for this chapter. Please, give me back your comments.... What do you think is going to happen ????? Gibbs will know each word of the conversation that Diane hold with Kate.... how is he going to react ????
End Notes:
I dedicate this chapter to my friend and co-writer Nova, who is recovering from a nasty "super-flu"... Hope that this little piece of work helps her to smile....!!! And to you, all my corageous readers... hope you enjoy it.
This story archived at http://www.ncisfiction.com/viewstory.php?sid=2295