The Truth Comes Out by beckyboop27
Summary: "Oh my god! Your marrying Gibbs!" Tony said looking weirded out.
Categories: Gibbs/Kate Characters: Abby Sciuto, Anthony DiNozzo, Donald Mallard, Kate Todd, Leroy Jethro Gibbs, Timothy McGee
Genre: Romance, Humor
Pairing: Gibbs/Kate, Abby/McGee
Warnings: None
Challenges:
Series: None
Chapters: 1 Completed: Yes Word count: 1407 Read: 2499 Published: 03/02/2008 Updated: 03/02/2008

1. The Truth Comes Out by beckyboop27

The Truth Comes Out by beckyboop27
Author's Notes:
"Oh my god! Your marrying Gibbs!" Tony said looking weirded out.
The Truth Comes Out

‘Ding’. The elevator doors open and Kate steps out. She walks into the bullpen scanning the area for any sign of the rest of the team.
‘Thank god’ she thought to herself as she drops her handbag on her desk. She has been home for a week since she decided to come back early so she could take proper care of Gibbs.
He has made a full recovery and so they have decided to return to work. She hasn’t yet come up with a plan on how to tell everyone that she is engaged, but that’s not her biggest fear, her biggest fear is telling everyone that she is engaged to Gibbs.
‘Ding’ went the elevator as it interrupted her thoughts.
“ Probie, your telling me you have never heard of John Wayne….ever?” came Tony’s voice coming out of the elevator.
“ No I have never seen or heard of him” McGee answered calmly.
Kate turned around to see the shocked expression on Tony’s face. She thought he was going to cry.
“ Not John Wayne again Tony” Kate said with a smirk on her face.
“ Never mind. So how was your sisters wedding?” he asked quickly changing the subject.
“ Yeh it was…..” she paused looking for the right word “ eventful, but beautiful non-the less”.
“ What made it so eventful? Oh what did I miss?” Tony whined looking Kate up and down.
‘Slap’
“ Morning boss” Tony said wincing after having his morning head slap.
“ How was your holiday?”
“ Eventful” was all that came out of Gibbs’ mouth.
Kate gave him a cheeky little grin and touched her diamond ring.
Tony gave a little chuckle.
“ Sounds like everyone had an eventful holiday, eh Kate”
“ DiNozzo don’t you have work to do?” Gibbs said and gave him the stare. McGee was the next one to speak.
“ Ah boss, Abby wants to see you, and you to Kate” he said giving her a little smile.
Gibbs got up from his desk, looked at DiNozzo to make sure he was doing his work, then he looked at Kate who was already looking at him. Kate left for the elevator first.
“ Watch him McGee” Gibbs said on his way.
Gibbs caught up with Kate as the door opened and they both stepped in. As the doors closed Gibbs switched the emergency button and pulled Kate into him. His lips locking on to hers in a deep passionate kiss.
“ God I missed you” Gibbs breathed breaking from the kiss.
“ It’s been…..25 minuets”
“ Yeh, that’s long enough” he said kissing her again. When they broke apart Gibbs flicked the emergency switch off and Kate fixed up her hair and clothes.
“ Oh my god, your back” Abby squealed running towards Gibbs, giving him a big hug.
“ Kate!” she ran towards her after she had finished hugging Gibbs.
“ Oh my god you look so good”
“ Why thank you Abby. You look great yourself” Kate said with a smile on her face.
“ So tell me how was it?” Abby asked about the wedding.
“ Well” Kate started, moving a piece of hair from her face.
“ Oh my god” Abby said astonished, grabbing Kate’s hand and looking at the massive diamond on her finger.
“ So who is it?” Abby asked with a questionable grin on her face.
“ Um….” Kate started not knowing what to say. She looked at Gibbs for help. Just before Gibbs was about to say something.
“ NO WAY! You guys why didn’t you tell me sooner?”
“ Tell you what Abby?” Kate asked.
“ That you two were together. Now you two are getting married. Oh my god!” Abby couldn’t help herself as she threw her arms around Kate’s neck.
“ Abbs do not tell anybody else until we do ok” Gibbs said seriously as he walked over to her.
“ My lips are sealed” she said with a smile.
“ Well, I think I will go see Ducky” he said with a kiss on the check to both of his girls, then he was gone.
Kate walked back into the bullpen to find Tony sitting at her desk going through her emails.
“ Tony! How many times do I have to tell you not to go through my things” she yelled at him.
“ Kate, Kate, Kate, you tell me not to answer your phone, go through your handbag or palm pilot, you never said I couldn’t go through your emails” he replied with a smirk.
“ Oh by the way your sister wants to know how you are and how Gibbs is. Now how does she know Gibbs and why does she want to know how he is?”
“ Tony its none of your business! Now move!” Kate yelled at him pulling him of her chair. As she grabbed his hand he realised something cold around her finger. He held her hand for longer then she intended him to. She tried to pull her hand away but then she realised what he was looking at.
“ Kate, what’s this?” he asked unsurely.
“ It’s nothing Tony. Don’t wo…”
“ Nothing! Kate you don’t go around wearing a diamond ring like that for nothing. Who is it?”
“ Tony! Please can we just leave this alone” Kate pleaded with him.
“ No”
‘Slap’
“ She said leave it Tony” Gibbs said walking to his desk. Tony gave Kate a look as he walked over to Gibbs’ desk to give him info on the case they were in the middle of.
Kate did not look over at the pair because she thought Tony would surely guess that it was Gibbs that she was going to marry.
“ So do you know who it is?” Tony asks Gibbs on the way to MTAC.
“ Yep”
“ Are you going to tell me who?”
“ Nope”
“ I thought as much”

Kate decided to go visit Abby for some female company. She walked in on Abby and McGee sharing a kiss but she couldn’t care less.
“ Abby, why is it that men always want to know what’s going on?”
“ And hello to you to Kate” Abby said pushing McGee away.” I take it Tony saw the ring”
“ What ring?” McGee chimed in.
They both stared at him.
“ Yes but Gibbs came an saved me” Kate said with a sigh.
“ So you haven’t told everyone I take it.”
“ Well no not yet. You’re the only one that knows so far”
“ Wow, not even the Duck man Knows?”
Kate shakes her head.
“ Knows what?” McGee asks, but didn’t get an answer.
‘Ring’
Kate grabs her mobile from her pocket.
“ Todd”
“ Kate, Tony. Boss wants to have a team meeting in 5. Get Abby and McGee and get up here”
“ Who was it?” Abby asked
“ Tony. Gibbs wants a team meeting and I think I know why” Kate replied looking at her phone.

“ Now as you all know I took 3 weeks off. Also Kate took 3 weeks off. You all think we were at different places but infact I was with her the hole time”
Gasps came from Tony and McGee. Abby, Ducky and the director already knew that they were seeing each other so it wasn’t such a shock.
“ We have been together 3 years now. Anyway while we were away something happened that…”
“ Oh my god! Your marrying Gibbs!” Tony said looking weirded out.
“ Congratulations guys” McGee exclaimed with a smile on his face, wrapping his arm around Abby.
“ Thanks McGee” Kate replied.
Cheers went up everywhere as they opened a bottle of bubbly.
Everyone was gone except Kate and Gibbs.
“ You ready to go?” Gibbs asked standing in front of her desk.
“ Yeh just about” she said walking up to him. She stopped just infront of him looking into his deep blue eyes. Gibbs leaned in to kiss her sweet lips when he was stopped by her hand pushing against his chest.
“ Why did you do that?” she asked
“ Do what?”
“ Call a team meeting so you could announce our engagement”
“ Well as much as I liked it, I had to let Tony know who you chose to be stuck with “ he said with a smile.
“ Well you could f told me what you were doing. I thought it wa…” Kate didn’t get to finish as Gibbs had taken her lips with his in a passionate kiss.
When they broke apart Kate looked into his eyes. She could she the lust in them. She grabbed his hand and practically pulled him to the elevator as she couldn’t wait to get him home.
“ God I love you” was all Gibbs could say before the elevator doors closed.
This story archived at http://www.ncisfiction.com/viewstory.php?sid=2417