Alive - or not dead by strebergeist
Summary: When Tony finds Gibbs at a suspicion club he starts to think.
Categories: Gibbs/DiNozzo Characters: Abby Sciuto, Anthony DiNozzo, Donald Mallard, Leroy Jethro Gibbs, Other
Genre: Action, Angst, Crossover, Drama, First Time, Friendship, Hurt/Comfort, PWP - Plot, What Plot? , Romance, Series
Pairing: Gibbs/DiNozzo
Warnings: Dark story, Disturbing imaginery, Horror, Violence
Challenges:
Series: None
Chapters: 1 Completed: Yes Word count: 5357 Read: 5625 Published: 03/19/2008 Updated: 03/19/2008
Story Notes:
It's a crossover with BtVS, but you can easily read it without much knowledge about the show. I merely used the universe and the characters.
Thanks to my beta 80sgirly, who betaed the third part and kayalee who betaed the first and second part.

1. Alive - or not dead by strebergeist

Alive - or not dead by strebergeist
Author's Notes:
When Tony finds Gibbs at a suspicion club he starts to think.
Transylvania

She ran as hard as she could. There were only a few minutes left until sundown; and then, they would come out of hiding. She still didn’t know how she had managed to escape but she had, and she knew that this little boy in her arms would one day be the only one who could stop the horror he was planning.

After an hour of searching, she came to the river. She had been held in his castle for over a year and had lost her sense of direction. But now she had found it and she set the small boat, built that very day, containing her little baby onto the water. “Fare well Leroy" she whispered and gave the boat a tap. It disappeared out of sight as the sun vanished behind the hills of Transylvania; and then they came.



49 years later. Washington DC

It was his favorite time of day. The sun was setting low above the river, and it reminded him of something he couldn’t quite recall. He could stand here for hours looking into the warm sun, because it was the only time of the day he saw it as warm.

“Leroy."

He heard the male voice, but couldn’t locate it. It wasn’t the first time the voice had called him; and every time he looked, there was nobody there. Therefore, he remained staring out of the window.

“Boss?"

This time, he quickly turned around and saw his second-in-command frowning at him.

“Are you ok boss?"

“Why are you asking DiNozzo?"

“Dunno. I called you three times and you didn’t react."

“I...was lost in my thoughts."

Tony nodded slowly before he held out his report to him. A delicious scent Gibbs couldn’t place reached his nose; and he closed his eyes, savoring the smell.

“Boss?"

Tony said once more and Gibbs opened his eyes. He should be used to Tony’s scent by now; but sometimes, there was something else in it. Something that...woke some kind of hunger in Gibbs. Something that took nearly every bit of self control to not throw Tony up against the nearest wall and kiss him senseless. Something that smelled like pure sex.

“You can go home DiNozzo. I’ll check the report later."

Tony nodded once more and went to his desk, his scent lingering in the air a moment after him.

“Leroy."

Gibbs sighed, annoyed. Was he finally going mad?

“Take him. You want him, we both know it, so take him...take him our way."

Gibbs shook his head and pressed two fingers hard against the bridge of his nose. He must be hallucinating. He didn’t know what it was about DiNozzo anyway. Yes, he had been with men before, but he had never felt this way about one man. He often felt attracted to them, but he had never been so close to losing control. He also never had these desires with them that he had with Tony. It wasn’t Tony’s ass or dick specifically, though he wouldn’t mind either or both; but rather, it was his neck. He wanted to kiss that neck and mark Tony as his. He wanted to feel the sensitive skin over the pulse under his teeth when he teased Tony. And it was that smell.

Gibbs shook his head again willing his erection to go away before he went to his car and drove home. After the events of that day, especially the last meeting with Tony, he knew his boat couldn’t bring him satisfaction tonight. There was only one place he could go on such a night.


The music was hammering his ears. The air was thick and heavy with that smell, that smell he craved. Sweaty bodies rubbed against each other, but that wasn’t a turn on for him. Something else caught his eye.

Time seemed to slow down as he watched a couple swinging in rhythm to the music. Her head was bent backwards, a total gesture of trust, and his mouth was closed around her throat. A tiny droplet of sweat curled its way down her neckline from the place.

He tore his eyes away from the couple, and headed to the bar. A cold beer would be good; maybe it would help cool him down. He knew how this night would end. It was always the same thing. He came here; and after half an hour, he’d have somebody. It was either some sinfully young girl or some tall, muscular guy. The guy was usually the kind who had never bottomed before, but one he’d teach to like, even beg for it.

Sex in those nights was always heavy. The air in the bedroom would be just as thick as in the club by the end; and the scent would be close to perfect. But, after today, he didn’t think close to perfect would be enough. Tonight he needed perfection. He didn’t need the scent of sex; he needed the scent of pure sex. In here it wasn’t pure. There were too many bodies and too many other things. Even when he went home with one of them, it wasn’t pure. It didn’t sate the hunger in him. It didn’t completely free that part in him that made his lovers forget everything but him.

He found himself completely uninterested in a replacement. He needed the real thing. The one thing he had longed for all his life. He had turned down three girls and two guys already. All of them were hot; and on a usual night he’d make them scream his name, but not tonight.

Another scent hit his nose and he turned around confused. He knew that smell too well. It always gave him a perverse lust for sex. It was thin. Many smells covered it. He knew that smell couldn’t mean anything good. Pressing himself between sticky bodies, more than one of which tried to keep him on the dance floor, he made his way to the back door. Pushing it open fresh air hit him like a slap in the face, but he could smell it clearly now. He turned to his left and followed the scent until he stopped, frozen.

The couple he had watched before was standing there. She was leaning against the wall limp in her lover’s embrace. His head was bent to her neck. What happened next was not much more than a blur to him. A man ran past him shoving the other man with all his weight away from the girl who had collapsed. The two men started to fight; but then, all of a sudden, there was a cloud of dust. When the dust cloud cleared, there was only one man left standing. He was panting heavily after the exhaustion of the fight.

He took a second to recover before turning quickly and jumping at Gibbs, who took a step back as the attacker stopped in mid-step.

“Gibbs?"

“Tony?"

The younger man stared at him for a moment before he turned to the young woman lying on the ground. Gibbs noticed the blood on her neck. Tony knelt beside her and checked for a pulse.

“She’s dead,” he said, and Gibbs could clearly hear his disappointment. Maybe he was disappointed that he hadn’t come earlier. Maybe he was disappointed that Gibbs didn’t step in. He didn’t have time to think about it anyway because Tony took out a wooden stake and raised it over his head.

“What the hell are you doing?" Gibbs cried out and Tony looked at him. Before Gibbs could stop him, Tony rammed the stake into the girl’s heart. Another cloud of dust made Gibbs take a step back. He saw Tony step out of it and slap the dust off his clothing, which were unusual for the younger man especially for Tony. He wore a long black leather coat. Around his neck was a plain silver crucifix, and he still carried the stake in his right hand.

“I’m sorry you had to see that. Why don’t I take you home? I’ll explain and you can explain what the hell you were doing in that club," exclaimed Tony. Before Gibbs could answer him he was already heading for the back of the alley. Tony clearly had a pissed off undertone and Gibbs didn’t like that. He was very curious what it was that Tony had to explain to him.


“Mind if I hit the head first?" Tony asked as they entered Gibbs’ house. He shrugged off his coat and Gibbs secretly admired the lean, well-toned torso perfectly framed by the black turtleneck.

“You know where it is.” Gibbs replied, and checked out the younger man’s ass as he walked away.

„We both know that you want him, Leroy.“

Gibbs sighed and went into the kitchen to start coffee. In part he thought it might help to get through this discussion, but mostly he hoped the heavy scent would cover the smell of Tony.

“You better sit down" said Tony.

Gibbs turned to Tony, who had stopped in the doorway.

“Believe me. You don’t want to be standing once I’ve started."

The older man grabbed his mug and one for Tony. The coffee was still brewing; and until now, did its job in covering Tony’s scent.

“What you saw...who I killed...they weren’t human. Well, they were once, but not anymore."

“I don’t..."

Tony sat down across from Gibbs and looked him deep in the eyes.

“They were vampires. Technically, the girl won’t become one until she wakes up."

“Vampires?" questioned Gibbs with a chuckle. A smile crept onto Tony’s lips as well.

“I know, hard to believe. I didn’t want to believe it myself when I first heard it. I got used to it."

“So...you’re a vampire hunter?"

“The term is slayer. I know it’s not nice, but the job isn’t either. Actually, I am The Vampire Slayer."

Gibbs nodded, but still looked skeptical.

“Listen. The line of slayers goes back to…well, a long way. I’m the first male Slayer though. Most of the slayers were in California. That’s where the hellmouth is. Rather that’s where the hellmouth was. It was closed a couple of years ago. After that, the line of Slayers got out of control and suddenly there was a hell of a lot of them. I guess that’s why suddenly there was a male slayer. I’m not the only Slayer altogether, but I’m the only one left on the east coast. Any questions so far?"

Gibbs stood up and poured coffee into his and Tony’s mug before sitting down again, leaving the carafe on the table.

“So, you’re telling me that you are chosen to kill vampires?"

“Yeah, I was born with that responsibility. No one knows why I was chosen. It certainly didn’t have anything to do with my parents." He laughed shortly before he got serious again.

“The thing is...vampires are only part of the deal. There are all kinds of demons and creatures. Things you couldn’t dream of in your worst nightmares. I, luckily, haven’t had to deal with the real big ones yet. Since the hellmouth closed everything cooled down a bit. Coming to Washington DC, and especially NCIS, made some things easier and some things harder."

He grinned at some kind of inside joke and Gibbs frowned.

“Every Slayer has a watcher and my watcher happens to be Ducky. About fifteen years ago he decided that it was time for me to go my own way. Pissed me off at the time, but looking back I can tell you it was for the best. I was able to have experiences that I wouldn’t have had if Ducky was with me. I definitely learnt to make my own decisions. Slayers tend to get dependent on our watchers."

“Ducky is a watcher? What does that mean?" asked Gibbs.

“Oh, well...he knows pretty much everything a Slayer needs to know and more. They are there to teach the new Slayer, bring them into the right direction; and to some extent, protect them. Why Ducky knows all those weird stories? Not all of them are non-supernatural."

Gibbs had to smile at that. Some of the elderly man’s tales really seemed a bit off.

“Now that you know about me and Ducky, I think you should know what kind of a team you got yourself. Let’s start with Abby."

Gibbs frowned at his fellow Agent. Yes, Abby was definitely out of the ordinary but...

“She is a witch; and a damn good one at that too."

“C’mon!" It was all Gibbs could get out. This was a little too much for him. Tony was a vampire slayer, Ducky was his watcher, and Abby was a witch. What would come next?

“Yeah and McGee...if he keeps going like he is right now, he’ll make a good watcher some day. He hasn’t got any powers but Ducky took him under his wing and is teaching him.

Gibbs sighed heavily. Apparently his whole team was into this paranormal thing.

“Ziva?" He asked weakly, and Tony cracked a grin.

“There’s absolutely nothing about her I could tell you that you don’t already know. She is completely unaware of what’s happening out there at night. Which brings me back to the main issue; what were you doing at that club?"

Gibbs tried to find anything else to look at, and was annoyed that his kitchen was so spotless.

“I was..."

“Trying to hook up?"

Gibbs shot Tony a look but the younger man just laughed. A deep and full sound that let his throat vibrate and Gibbs felt an anticipating twitch in his cock.

“I hoped it was that. Gibbs, listen. That club is one of the favorite locations for vampires. I’m there once a week, sometimes more often. I clean up their mess, like tonight. Just usually, I’m faster."

Gibbs studied the young Italian for a moment. Apparently he still didn’t take it for granted that he came too late, and Gibbs appreciated that.

“Look, just don’t go there again. I’d hate it if I had to stake you one night."

Gibbs looked down into his cup to find it empty. The scent of coffee faded away and all that was left was the exciting smell of Tony. Before Gibbs knew what he was doing he had grabbed Tony by his pullover and pulled him up and against the counter where he claimed his mouth in an aggressive kiss.

Letting out a gasp of surprise, Tony opened his mouth, which Gibbs took as an invitation to deepen the kiss. The younger man couldn’t, didn’t want to, do anything but welcome Gibbs’ demanding tongue; and he meet it in a fast, but thorough rhythm. The older man’s hands were tight in his hair and all he could do was wrap his arms around Gibbs’ waist, pulling him in for more contact. What he felt was more than obvious.

“Happy to see me, I take it." Tony said grinning and out of breath when they broke apart for a second.

“Shut up." Gibbs barked and kissed him again. The move in which Gibbs tried to pull up Tony’s turtleneck came fast and Tony pushed him slightly away.

“Gibbs…the crucifix!"

Gibbs quickly removed the jewelry and the pullover before he once more pulled Tony’s face down. The younger man barely had time to open half of the buttons on Gibbs’ shirt when he was pulled away from the counter. Stumbling backwards his feet hit the stairs and he continued his way blindly through Gibbs’ house.

Tony had just finished his task with Gibbs’ shirt when he was pushed backwards onto the bed. He hadn’t even had a second to adjust to his new position when Gibbs was on top of him.

“You’re in a hurry?" Tony remarked rather shocked when Gibbs silently cursed as he couldn’t get Tony’s belt open
.
“In a hurry to have you naked" Gibbs answered firmly, and pulled the pants to find out that Tony didn’t wear any briefs.

“Only waiting for me, huh?" He whispered into Tony’s ear and the younger man shivered under the hot breath on his skin.

“On it, boss."

It had come out of his mouth unintentionally but Gibbs chuckled softly. His mouth closed around Tony’s earlobe and the younger man moaned, unable to hold back. Just as Gibbs started to kiss, lick, suck, nibble, and do about a thousand things Tony didn’t have words for, a hand closed around his hard dick.

“Please."

The murmured word escaped Tony’s lips before he knew it was there. The hand started to work his member with a technique Tony had never dreamed of.

“Oh...yeah..." Tony moaned, but in that moment the hand withdrew. He groaned in disappointment but Gibbs just kissed him deeply.

“Soon,” he whispered against the panting mouth. In the next second, Tony started to murmur in every language he knew and became completely incoherent. It was the moment Gibbs slowly slid a well-lubed finger inside him.

Tony hadn’t bottomed often in his life. Usually he was the leading partner in bed, no matter if it was with women or men. But feeling the sensation running through his spine caused by just one of Gibbs’ fingers, he thought he could make an exception.

“God! Yes!" He cried out when Gibbs twisted his finger almost painfully. The sensation hadn’t faded away when a second finger worked its way inside. Tony thought Gibbs was trying to screw into his brain and he just loved that feeling. He pushed back on the fingers and was now constantly moaning.

Suddenly the fingers were gone and replaced by something thicker and harder. Something Tony could only identify as Gibbs’ dick. Well, he would have if his mind was still working.

“More!" He yelled as Gibbs slowly pushed inside the tight heat. Tony gripped Gibbs’ shoulder with one hand, the other clenching the sheets and pulled him closer. Once Gibbs was fully inside, he let Tony adjust but just for a second before he pulled out and thrust into Tony hard.

“Oh!!"

Gibbs tried not to grin, and started a rhythm that touched the sweet spot every god damn time. This method left Tony begging for more and panting for air.

Gibbs leant down and kissed Tony’s neck once more. Thrusting harder, he completely lost himself in the feeling. Tony was hot and tight around him. The smell he loved so much thickening the air. The sound of Tony’s ecstatic voice filled the room. He felt his climax build in his spine.

“Come for me, Tony. C’mon, I know you can do it."

A small whimper left the kiss-swollen lips and Gibbs claimed them once more. He looked at his lover and he had never seen anything more beautiful. Bracing himself on his hands he put some more force into his thrusts, just as much as Tony could take and bent down to whisper in his ear again.

“Come."

“GIBBS!"

Wet come spilt between them and Gibbs eased up on the thrusts. Pushing only softly, tenderly into Tony as the younger man was still moaning heavily. Gibbs’ own breath became short. He opened eyes that he hadn't realized he had closed, when he felt hands on his shoulders. Tony looked up at him completely drowned in pleasure and pulled him down for a sweet affectionate kiss.

That was all he had needed. He stopped frozen as his orgasm washed over him, more ecstatic than ever before. He collapsed on Tony and felt himself being moved and covers being pulled up. The last thing he felt before he drifted off to sleep was a warm arm around his waist and a soft kiss on the back of his neck.

Tony woke with a very good feeling. First, he thought he was dreaming, a very naughty dream; but then slowly the events of the night returned and his eyes snapped open. He looked down and he really saw Gibbs. Not only that, he saw Gibbs giving him a very thorough blowjob.

“God." He whispered, and his head fell back into the pillows. He more felt than heard Gibbs chuckle and a shiver ran through him.

‘So much about this could be a one time thing’ he thought but didn’t really care. Actually he couldn’t help the happy, and probably sheepishly, grin that covered his face. He didn’t want it to be a one time thing. It was, in fact, way too good to be a one time thing.

Three questions shot through his head at the same time. Where did he learn that? How did he do that? What should I call that? Before he could answer even one of those questions he came with Gibbs’ name on his lips.

“Morning." Gibbs whispered against his lips just before he kissed him slowly and gently.

“Morning and thanks”.

“Nothing to thank me for. It was inviting."

Tony couldn’t help but laugh. But now that he didn’t have Gibbs’ mouth somewhere on him, his brain started to work and questions popped up.

“What was that about?"

Gibbs frowned slightly as he was obviously savoring the last taste of Tony on his tongue.

“It was about my mouth and you’re morning wood."

He grinned mischievously and kissed Tony again. He couldn’t get enough of that mouth.

“I actually meant the whole night. You practically jumping me. And I don’t really know what triggered that."

“Honestly?"

“Always."

They looked at each other for a second before Gibbs started to kiss Tony’s neck.

“You’re scent. It’s intoxicating. You smell like...sex."

Tony tilted his head slightly, a soft moan escaping his throat.

“Do I?"

“Yes."

Before Gibbs could do anything, Tony had turned them around and was now straddling the older man. He kissed that delicious mouth once more before he sat up. Gibbs gave Tony a more than obvious once over and grinned.

“That wasn’t just a fuck, was it?"

‘Please, no!’ Tony added silently and maybe his eyes had given him away since Gibbs started to stroke his hands over Tony’s thighs in a very sensual way. The expression he had, well, Tony couldn’t describe it any other way, other than as Gibbs‘ bedroom expression. His eyes were narrowed onto the younger man and a light smirk lurked around the corner of his lips. He looked relaxed and intent at the same time.

“It wasn’t."

His hands moved to Tony’s hips and he pulled him forward so his erection was rubbing against Tony’s half hard cock.

“Does this feel like a quick fuck?" He asked setting a rhythm with Tony’s hips that the younger man held without Gibbs’ guiding hands. Tony smiled an honest and definitely hot as hell smile.


“I can’t describe it, Abby, really."

The young Goth tilted her head.

“There must be a word to describe it!"

“Err...indescribable?"

“Tony!"

He laughed, as she looked mockingly annoyed at him.

“It was more than mind blowing. Deeper than deep. More intense than anything I’ve ever felt. It was...unbelievable."

She softly shook her head smiling.

“You’re a lucky bastard, you know that. You finally got Gibbs into bed."

“Well, actually he got me into bed. Or threw me into bed. It was strange."

His face got serious, more serious than it should be.

“You don’t think he only wanted a one night stand do you? Bossman doesn’t seem like the type for it." She said.

“First, he’s the type for it alright. Second, we already cleared that issue. It’s something he said..."

“What?"

“He said I smell like sex. Would you say I smell like sex?"

Abby frowned at her friend and sipped on her red bull. Sometimes he had wondered how she could drink that stuff on a Saturday morning at 11 am, but then she drinks Caff-Pows all day at work.

“I don’t have the hots for you so..."

Tony shook his head.

„Abby, I’ve not only killed vampires, I also known some of them. You know what they say their victims smell like?"

She put down her drink at once and glared at him. Then she pointed a finger at him.

“No! Anthony Daniel DiNozzo! You’re not trying to find something about him!"

“I’m not! It’s just...he was at that club, and then the way he jumped me...and what he said....it all fits, you know."

“Yes and the fact that you’re still alive? That he can stand sunlight? That we know that he’s definitely not older than 50? Listen, that club is a good place to hook up. Everybody who goes there wants to hook up...or suck your blood out of your veins. And he jumped you? Well, then be happy and walk around with that big fat just got fucked grin on your face!"

Tony laughed shortly but still looked skeptical.

“You said he’s capable of one night stands, right?” Abby suddenly sat down and looked at Tony suspicious.

“I was in that club asking for regulars, as a ‘fed’ of course. Gibbs was one of them. The bartender said he comes around at least once a month and he never leaves alone. When I found him in that alley, staring at that couple...I don’t know. I know he can’t be a vampire ...but the signs are there."

“So what exactly are we talking about here?"

“I need to know if there’s a way a vampire could retain more human qualities, or a human can take on a vampire’s abilities. Abby, if there’s something with Gibbs I need to know before..."

“Before what?" she asked.

“Before I’m in too deep to kill him."


The next few days were rather unspectacular. While at the office, Gibbs and Tony’s relationship was unchanged. The evenings they spent with Ducky, Abby and McGee. Gibbs insisted on being a part of Tony’s team. Tony would go hunting and then they would have heavy sex. You could say they had a routine, if you could get a routine with this.

“Tony, bad news." Abby said and sat next to him in Ducky’s basement. There was no boat but it was their HQ since Ducky had most of the books they would need anyway.
Tony sighed, “What have you found, Abs?"

“Nothing. Well, not nothing. But not something either."

“Abby!"
She cast a look over to Gibbs who was reading some book with McGee.

“I’ve called a friend in England. It’s nothing definite, just a rumor."

“Tell me already!"
“They’ve heard of people in Romania. From what they have heard, they concluded that they were vampires, but all those incidents happened during day. Here’s the really freaky part. There was a woman over there. She was in therapy. She claimed that she carried the baby of a vampire."

Tony looked at her with big eyes and then at Gibbs.

“How long ago?" he asked.

She shifted uncomfortably in her seat and he shot her a glare.

“It was about 40 years ago; and mysteriously, three days later, she vanished. But Gibbs is older than 40. It can’t be him."

“No, but she doesn’t have to be the only one, does she? And apparently there are more since as far as I know Gibbs has never been to Romania."

“Tony, Gibbs doesn’t know anything about vampires. Look at him!"

Tony ran his hands over his face. He didn’t really know why he was desperately looking for it. He just could put it aside, but he had been a slayer for to long to let something like that just go.

He looked for a long time at his lover and it suddenly hit him. Without saying a word he stood up and walked to one of the shelves. As if his hands had a mind of their own, he pulled out a book and sat at the next table. Abby was right next to him.

“What are you looking for?" she asked.

“Don’t really know."

He stopped. He looked at the old picture in the book. It showed a woman with a baby and a man. The man and the baby had something dark around their lips and the woman was definitely dead.

„I’m not sure I wanna read this." Tony whispered, and Abby put her hand on his shoulder.
„You have to now." She said.

He nodded slowly and started to read as she went to the others.


It was already after 1 when he finally closed the book and looked over at his lover and friends. He put the book away where he would find it again and then walked over to them.

“Hey, it’s a little late to go out. I guess they can live one day longer. Going home?" He turned to Gibbs and the older man nodded. Something in the blue eyes hinted to him that Gibbs would ask later what was going on.

”Tony!"

Abby called him back before he was at the door. He turned back and met her halfway between Ducky and McGee and Gibbs.

”Read the book. I...I need this night." He said and kissed her on the cheek. She looked at him with wet eyes. He smiled softly and shrugged nonchalant, but she knew he was anything but.



That night their sex wasn’t rough. It was as if Gibbs was feeling something wasn’t right. When they lay curled up together Tony snuggled even closer.

“You always do face-to-face?" Tony asked.

Gibbs softly kissed the top of his lover’s head and replied, “Only when I make love."

A tear threatened to escape Tony’s eyes but he wouldn’t lose it, not in front of Gibbs. He had to be strong, just for a couple of days.

“Tony, is there something wrong with me?"

Tony pulled back a little to look into Gibbs’ eyes and for the first time he saw fear. Tony stroked over Gibbs’ face gently.

‘That depends. If I weren’t the Slayer, no. But since I am..."

“I’m not some kind of monster."

If anything, there was angst in Gibbs’ voice and it shocked Tony. He wasn’t trying to convince Tony, he was trying to convince himself.

“You’re killing," said Tony.

“Only on the job" replied Gibbs.

Tony frowned and sat up.

“You never killed anybody because of hunger?"

“Hunger? Baby, what are you talking about?"

Tony sighed. Gibbs had never killed. He had never tasted blood. He wasn’t transformed completely yet and he didn’t know.

“You’re a vampman. I honestly didn’t know something like that existed until tonight. Apparently vampires can reproduce together with mortal women. What comes out is a mixture. The best qualities of both. Like, you can stand sunlight like a human, but you’re also immortal. Vampman are harder to track and to kill. That stab-method doesn’t work because I’d kill them and they’d just return as usual vampires. But they also kill for hunger. What you said...that I smell like sex. It’s how the victims smell to vampires. Once you’ve tasted blood, you won’t be able to control the hunger anymore. Now it only shows as lust but then it won’t be satisfied until you drink blood."

“And there’s no way around it? I am a ...vampman?"

Tony nodded slowly and got out of the bed. Gibbs watched him until he started dressing.

“Where are you going?"

“We can’t do this, Jethro. I can’t kill you since you haven’t killed yet, but I can’t sleep with you. We’re supposed to fight each other."

“And if we both don’t want that?"

“It’s not about what we want Jethro!"

“Yes it is! I don’t want to kill you! I want you in my bed. I want to make love to you. I want to wake up next to you. Tony...you were right about that hunger. I have felt it. That’s why I went to that club. But you were the only one ever to satisfy that hunger. Maybe...maybe we can find a way to...I don’t know put that part of me behind bars. But I know that if you’re not here with me I won’t be able to satisfy that hunger anymore, not without killing."

“How do I know you won’t kill me in my sleep?”

Gibbs shrugged before he looked pleadingly at Tony.

“You said the best qualities right? Conscience is a human quality. And so is love. I still have those. I couldn’t kill you, Tony. I could never hurt you."

Tony’s eyes started to get wet. He felt a pull at his belt loop and then the warm arms of his lover against the cold skin of his bare upper body.

“I don’t want lose you." Tony whispered as he slid into Gibbs’ arms, where he stayed for the rest of the night, both of them sleepless and crying.
End Notes:
It's a crossover with BtVS, but you can easily read it without much knowledge about the show. I merely used the universe and the characters.
Thanks to my beta 80sgirly, who betaed the third part and kayalee who betaed the first and second part.
This story archived at http://www.ncisfiction.com/viewstory.php?sid=2455