Team Work by beckyboop27
Summary: " You know i never would have picked you as the romantic type tony" Kate said.
Categories: DiNozzo/Kate Characters: Abby Sciuto, Anthony DiNozzo, Donald Mallard, Jenny Shephard, Kate Todd, Leroy Jethro Gibbs, Timothy McGee
Genre: Romance
Pairing: DiNozzo/Kate
Warnings: None
Challenges:
Series: None
Chapters: 3 Completed: Yes Word count: 2258 Read: 7050 Published: 04/28/2008 Updated: 04/28/2008

1. Team Work by beckyboop27

2. Field Work by beckyboop27

3. A Night Out by beckyboop27

Team Work by beckyboop27
Author's Notes:
" You know i never would have picked you as the romantic type tony" Kate said.
Team Work

Its another hot sunny day at ‘Team Bonding Recreation Centre’ the director sent Gibbs’ team here for a week after Kate had almost died on the rooftop.
The team had been out for rock climbing and on the walk back to the centre Kate started to feel a bit sick so she went back to their cabin for a little rest.
There are 15 cabins on the site, each has 8 single beds and a bathroom with 3 toilets and 3 showers.
Kate was lying on her bed reading a book when she heard someone storm into the cabin and head straight for the bathroom.
“ Ah geeze” came a voice.
She put her back down and headed to the bathroom. In front of the mirror was a shirtless Tony. His back was bright red as well as his chest.
“ I told you to put sunscreen on but no. Now you look like a tomato” she said standing in the doorway with a big smile on her face.
“ Kate this is not the time. It hurts like hell”
“ I bet. So what did you tell Gibbs?”
“ That I think I’ve got what you’ve got and I need to sleep it off”
Kate nods.
Tony goes over to the showers and turns the cold water on. He gets in still in his shorts and shoes.
“ Tony a cold shower wont help. I have something that will though” she yelled over the noise of the shower.
She heard the shower stop and saw a dripping wet Tony step out and he stood in front of her.
“ Now why didn’t you say that before” he said standing ever so close to her.
“ You didn’t ask” she said not moving an inch but looking into his eyes.
They were silent for a very long time. Then Tony put his hands around her waist and kissed her passionately. Kate did not pull away. She threw her arms around his neck.
They were in each others embrace for about 5 minuets when Tony stepped back and looked at her.
“ Can I have that stuff for the sunburn?”
“ Oh yeh. Its in my bag” she looks around the room for her small backpack. Then she remembered she left it down at the main hall.
“ I’ll be right back” she hadn’t noticed that Tony had made her wet from their embrace, so now her light blue top had dark blue patches all over it and her cream coloured shorts were now a tan colour.
She made her way to the hall where Gibbs, Ducky, Abby and McGee were getting ready to do the ropes course.
“ Have you decided to join us Caitlin?” Ducky asks.
“ Sadly no. I just came down to get my back pack”
“ Is DiNozzo with you?” Gibbs asks not looking at her.
“ Ah yes he came in and went straight to bed. Well you guys have fun” and with a wave she was on her way back to the cabin.
When she got back Tony had changed his shorts and still had no top on.
“ Did you get it?” he asked anxiously.
“ Yes Tony” she dug through her bag and pulled out a bottle with green stuff in it.
“ What is that?”
“ Its aloe vera gel. It’ll take the sting out”
“ It better”
Kate sat Tony on her bed and applied the gel to his back.
“ Sorry if it hurts”
“ Nah its just really cold. It feels good”
When she had finished his back she told him to turn around and she started to do his chest. She gently applied it all over and when she was done she went to get up off her bed but Tony pulled her back down.
He looked into her eyes and she looked into his. A smile grew on Kate’s face as Tony slowly leaned in and kissed her. He forced her down on the bed.
He pulled away from her and just looked down at her pretty face.
“ What’s wrong?” she asked.
“ Nothing. I’m just glad your still here” he said as he got up off her bed and walked outside and stood by the railing of the veranda.
Kate followed him out as she could tell he needed to talk about what happened. She stood next to him.
“ Why did you do it?” he asked.
“ Do what?”
“ Throw yourself in front of Gibbs when you knew you could have been killed”
“ Because it was my job. I was given orders to protect Gibbs and that’s what I did”
“ Did you even think about what could of happened if”
“ No. Tony we risk our lives basically everyday so why all the questions?”
“ Because its not everyday that your partner throws herself in front of a bullet”
Kate didn’t say anything. She could see how much her actions had scared him.
“ I don’t know what I would of done without you. And don’t forget Abby” he said looking out at the camps ground.
Kate grabbed his hand and turned him around to face her.
“ I’m sorry. I am really sorry” and she gave him a big hug.
When they pulled apart they decided to go and join their team on the ropes course. Of course they acted like nothing had happened in the cabin.
Field Work by beckyboop27
Filed Work

Kate and Tony have been secretly seeing each other for about 3 months.
At work they act like they cant stand each other but after work its like they are the cutest couple in the world.
“ Grab your stuff” Gibbs said walking into the bullpen Monday morning.
“ Where we going boss?” McGee asks but doesn’t get an answer.
They all follow him out of the building.

They are back at their suspects farm looking for anything at all.
Gibbs, Ducky and McGee head down the cement stairs first while Kate follows Tony down the stairs. When he knows no one can see them he stops, turns around and kisses Kate.
“ Tony we’re at work” she gasps
“ No one saw”
“ That what you think” she says walking past him.
He follows her to where everyone else is.
They spread out looking for anything to indicate that the farmer killed their sailor.
“ Gibbs” Kate yelled as she uncovered a bloody knife. She took photos of it and Gibbs bagged it.
They didn’t find anything else except for the knife. They packed up their gear and left.

“ What you got Abs?” Gibbs said rushing into her lab, the others close behind.
“ Well I ran the blood found on the blade with the DNA of our sailor. It’s a match. I then found a finger print on the handle of the knife and I am running it now” Abby said joyfully.
“ That’s good work Abs” and with that he was gone.
There was an awkward silence that filled Abby’s lab.
“ Some things wrong” Abby said looking from Kate to Tony.
“ No every things fine” Kate tells her with a smile.
“ They’ve been like this ever since we got back from the farm” McGee told Abby.
“ Nobody asked you Probie” Tony snapped.
“ Their to nice” Abby says looking suspiciously at them.
“ You call that nice?” McGee asks.
“ No. Their nice to each other”
Kate and Tony looked at each other. They both thought they had been caught out. But as usual Kate was there to save the day.
“ Tony, nice. Yeh that’ll be the day”
“ What you don’t think I can be nice. I can be very nice”
“ I don’t think complementing on how short a women’s dress is, is nice Tony”
They argued on their way out of Abby’s lab.
“ I guess you were wrong” McGee sighed.
“ About what McGee?”
“ That they were actually being nice to each other. You know no arguing”
“ Well McGee there is always time for nice” she said turning to her computer.
“ McGee you will not believe this” Abby gasped looking at the screen.
“ But that’s impossible. He killed himself?”
“ Yep”

Tony and Kate had stopped their arguing by the time they reached the elevator. The doors opened and no one was in their.
Tony let Kate in first and he walked in and stood beside her. They didn’t say anything.
Tony’s hand reached out and pulled the emergency switch which made the elevator stop completely.
Kate turned to Tony with a slight smile. With that Tony lunged at her. His lips locked with hers and he pushed her against the wall of the elevator. His hands were on her waist and hers running through his hair. His lips moved down to her chin and then down her neck.
“ Tony we should go” she gasped
“ Just a few more minuets”
She didn’t argue. She pulled his face up and meet his lips again. He broke away and let Kate fix her hair and clothes before switching the emergency switch again.
They took their positions as before.
“ You do think I can be nice don’t you?” he asked not even turning his head.
“ Of course, but no one else can know that”
They both stood there with smiles on their faces.

They had figured out who had killed their sailor so they all could go home tonight instead of doing stake outs.
“ Night Gibbs” Kate said as she grabbed her coat and headed for the elevator.
“ Night Boss” Tony said following Kate.
As they parted in the car park they agreed that Tony would pick her up at 8pm.
A Night Out by beckyboop27
A Night Out

“ You know I never would have picked you as the romantic type Tony” Kate said, her hand in his and a rose in the other as they walk along the sidewalk.
“ There’s still a lot you don’t know about me” he said with a smile.
Tony had made reservations for them to eat at the most expensive restaurant in town so there was no way they would run into Abby, McGee, Ducky, Gibbs or the director.
They stood out the front of the restaurant for a while just looking at each other. They decided to go inside and were seated outside. They ate and they drank ( only a little) and before to long it was 9:30pm.
They decided to leave. Once again they stopped out the front of the restaurant.
“ Lets go for a walk” he says pulling her in the opposite direction of the way they came.
“ Tony, its late and I’m tired” she complained.
Tony stopped. Turned around to face her. He grabbed her by the shoulders.
“ Kate it’s a walk. Nothing is going to happen. We don’t have to work tomorrow so you can sleep in” he pleaded with her.
“ Alright”
“ Thankyou” he kissed her and put an arm around her shoulder.
They eventually ended up walking along the pier.
“ It’s beautiful” Kate gasped looking out at all the boat lights on the water.
“It sure is”
Tony and Kate froze as they heard a voice they know to well.
They both slowly turned around.
“ Gibbs! What are you doing here?” Kate asked stunned. He was standing next that red head he’s been seeing.
“ I could ask you the same question” he said looking at Tony and his arm which was still around Kate. Tony removed his arm.
“ Uh well. Uh we” Tony stuttered trying t look for the right words.
“ Spit it out DiNozzo”
“ Well we are seeing each other boss” he finally spat out.
“ Outside of work, so to speak” Kate put in.
“ I see that” Gibbs said with a smile on his face.
“ Gibbs I know what rule 12 says but it sucks” Kate tries to explain.
“ Yeh I know” he grabs the red heads hand.
“ Agent Todd, DiNozzo. I’m your new director Jenny Shepard” she announced shaking Kate and Tony’s hand.
“ See you Monday” Gibbs said before they left.
Kate and Tony stood there for a while trying to take in what had just happened.
They turned around to face the water and the boats. Kate turned to face Tony. Her back leaning on the railing.
She just kept starring into his eyes. She loves his eyes.
He leaned in and kissed her long and hard. He then started placing kisses down her neck and then started nibbling in this one spot just under her ear.
“ Tony stop” she said in a giggly gasp. She closed her eyes enjoying the attention he was giving her.
His hands were on her hips and hers on his back.
“ Kate?”
Kate’s eyes shot open as she saw Abby, McGee and Ducky standing in front of them.
“ Tony stop. Stop. Tony!” she said trying to pull him off.
“ Why?” he whispered into her ear.
“ Oh because Abby, McGee and Ducky are here”
“ Yeh right” he said going back down her neck.
“ Hey Tony” Abby said tapping him on the back. He froze instantly.
He slowly turned around to see all 3 standing there with shocked but happy looks on their faces.
“ Hey guys. What are you doing here?” Tony asked them.
“ Well we went to the movies and its such a beautiful night so I suggested we go for a walk along the pier” Ducky tells them.
“ That’s nice” Tony says taking a couple of deep breathes.
“ Does Gibbs know?” McGee asks.
“ Uh yes. He found out just like you guys did about 5 minuets ago” Kate said with a little chuckle.
“ See I told you they were being nice” Abby chimmed in.
“ Well now everyone knows” Kate said looking at Tony.
“ When you say everyone you mean the director knows to?” McGee asks.
“ Well the old one doesn’t but the new one sure does” Tony tells them.
“ New one?” They all ask in unison.
Kate grabs Tony’s hand and they start to head back to the car.
“ See you guys on Monday” Kate yells back.
They keep walking hand in hand not wanting to look back.
“ Well that was easy” Tony said.
Kate just laughed.
This story archived at http://www.ncisfiction.com/viewstory.php?sid=2518