Return To Me by Sasha_Perrette
Summary: A brief insight into Abby's thoughts regarding Kate and Gibbs
Categories: Gen Characters: Abby Sciuto, Kate Todd, Leroy Jethro Gibbs
Genre: Angst, Episode Related
Pairing: None
Warnings: None
Challenges:
Series: None
Chapters: 1 Completed: Yes Word count: 400 Read: 2566 Published: 10/28/2008 Updated: 10/28/2008
Story Notes:
I hate this story. I wrote it one night after watching Hiatus and all this inspiration came to me...

1. Return To Me by Sasha_Perrette

Return To Me by Sasha_Perrette
Author's Notes:
A brief insight into Abby's thoughts regarding Kate and Gibbs
Return To Me

And there it was. The second thing in her life she thought she’d never see happen. Of course, she’d never actually seen the first, but it had happened and she knew about it. This was happening in front of her. He’d left her. He left her with nothing but a kiss on her cheek, the touch of his fingers on her lips and the memories of him. She hadn’t got that the first time. All she had from the first time were the memories and the heartache. He abandoned her. He’d always promised he’d keep her safe and that nothing would hurt her. He’d never actually promised he’d never leave. But now he broke his promises. He was leaving her and that meant he couldn’t keep her safe and stop things hurting her; he was hurting her by telling her goodbye. At least she got a chance this time. Face to face. The first time, she couldn’t. She was in her lab when it happened and no one told her until it was all over.

So she started surrounding herself with him. Pictures of him on every available monitor. Her head saying, ‘What you got Abbs?’ and ‘Good job, Abbs.’ Usually followed by the memory of a kiss on her cheek or forehead. Caf-Pow refills which now didn’t taste the same. Hadn’t honestly tasted the same for almost a year. She lost her shine the day he left. Had lost her sparkle almost a year earlier.

On the surface, she’s the same ‘happy-go-lucky’ goth who everyone knows, loves and are occasionally afraid of. But underneath the pigtails and the lipstick is a broken woman. It was almost as if the life she knew was falling apart and she could do nothing to stop it. Her family fell apart months ago, but they all stayed strong for each other. Now, they just seemed like a group of people who worked together. Now he was gone.

As she lay in her coffin each night, she prayed Kate was watching and would see her pain. That she’d find him and send him home. She needed her silver haired fox back where he belonged. She needed Jethro Gibbs because if she couldn’t have Kate Todd, she wanted the only other person in the world who made her feel safe and secure. Loved. The only other person in the world who made her feel like Abby.
End Notes:
I hate this story. I wrote it one night after watching Hiatus and all this inspiration came to me...
This story archived at http://www.ncisfiction.com/viewstory.php?sid=2728