Strawberry Kisses by Sasha_Perrette
Summary: Kate and Tony - enough said
Categories: DiNozzo/Kate Characters: Abby Sciuto, Anthony DiNozzo, Kate Todd, Leroy Jethro Gibbs, Timothy McGee
Genre: Angst, First Time, Friendship, Hurt/Comfort, Romance, Song fic
Pairing: DiNozzo/Kate
Warnings: None
Challenges:
Series: None
Chapters: 2 Completed: Yes Word count: 3302 Read: 4748 Published: 10/28/2008 Updated: 10/28/2008
Story Notes:
This is from my collection of crap. It was my 2nd ff I ever wrote and I am now showing the world the crappiness I am able to write

1. Strawberry Kisses by Sasha_Perrette

2. Don't Let Our First Kiss Be Our Last by Sasha_Perrette

Strawberry Kisses by Sasha_Perrette
Author's Notes:
Kate and Tony - enough said
Caught In Your Web

Your cruel, deep eyes
Your blood, like ice
One look, could kill
My pain, your thrill

Kate slowly lowered herself into her bubble bath. The sweet aroma of vanilla candles wafted throughout the room as the scent of the hot bubbles reached Kate’s nose. It had been a long, hard day and she wanted nothing more than to relax in a bubble bath and then settle down with a glass of wine and a movie before going to her overly comfortable bed.
In recent days she had missed the comfort and warmth of her bed as she often found herself sleeping behind her desk at the office or crashing out on her sofa. She painfully missed her bed and her home that she was almost falling asleep in the bath. Stretching out the full length of the bathtub, Kate felt the water rising to her chin.
Snapping open her eyes, Kate decided that it was time that she got out. She didn’t exactly want to drown in a bath of jojoba and apple bubble bath. Stepping out the bath she quickly felt the cold billow around her body and she grabbed a towel from the warm radiator. Draining the bath, she sauntered into her bedroom and discarded the towel on the floor next to the laundry basket. Pulling a bottle of aloe vera and peach moisturiser from her dresser and began methodically massaging it into her supple skin, careful not to miss a single inch. She was a year off thirty, and that meant a year from the gravitational pull that would overtake her body. She had been moisturising since she was thirteen and she wasn’t about to stop now.
Grabbing the black lace and suede bra and matching hipster shorts off her bed she dressed quickly. There was a sudden chill in the air and as she glanced at the clock she realised it was close to midnight. She had been at home for nearly three hours. As quickly as she had put on her underwear, she threw the USC vest over her head and picked up the blanket from the end of the bed.

I wanna love you but I better not touch
I wanna hold you but my senses tell me to stop
I wanna kiss you but I wanna too much
I wanna taste you but your lips are venomous poison
You’re poison running through my veins, poison
I don’t wanna break these chains

Just as she had settled herself down on the sofa, wrapped in her blanket with a glass of strawberry wine in her hand ready to watch a film there was a knock at the door. This startled her. No one ever came knocking at her door unless it was an emergency. She’d had no phonecall’s asking her to go back to work, so she slowly and uneasily stood from the sofa. Grabbing the small smith and Wesson from the side table drawer, she made her way out to the front door. Peeking through the peephole, she discovered a soaking wet Tony. When had it started raining? She pulled open the door and stared at him in shock.
“Tony! What the hell are you doing here?”
“Uh, I, uh…”
“Stop ‘ah-umming’ Tony. You’re starting to sound like McGee.”
“I figured, that you hadn’t had anything to eat yet and I thought I would come over with pizza or Chinese. But then I couldn’t figure out if I should bring a Chinese or pizza, so I ordered pizza and then thought that maybe you wouldn’t want pizza, so I waited for the pizza and ate it and then ordered a Chinese.”
“Is there a point to this?”
Tony stood open mouthed as Kate’s outfit had interrupted his train of thought. This particular outfit brought back memories of their morning in Gitmo a year ago. She had seen him naked, in his full birthday suit and it was only a few months ago that he had seen her in the shower. Catching a glimpse of her naked body before she threw the soaking wet sponge at his face, obstructing his view. Tony took in the amazing body in front of him and noticed that she was wearing some very nice underwear as he spied her black lace and suede bra strap poking out from the top.

Your mouth so hot
Your web I’m caught
Your skin so wet
Black lace on suede

“Earth to DiNozzo! Look, come in and get dry at least. Then maybe you can explain to me why you showed up on my door at midnight.”
Tony looked at his feet briefly before entering her apartment. He didn’t really know why he was here. At first, he had thought he would go over there, with the intentions of brining her dinner and then telling her the truth. Then he had stopped at his favourite bar and had a few drinks. Once he had got home, he continued thinking about food. He had indeed phoned for a pizza and Chinese, but he had also wired into a crate of beer. So now there he stood, dripping water onto Kate’s hardwood floor as she looked to him for an explanation.
“Well?”
“Well what? Oh, right. Uh…”
Kate smiled slightly as she sat down and continued drinking her wine while keeping her eyes fixed to Tony. Tony stood still wondering what to say next when he realised he was still dripping water all over her floor. An idea came to him as he took his jacket off and headed to the bathroom to hang it over the door.
Kate was sure she caught the slight whiff of scotch on his breath as he spoke to her, but she was hardly one to talk. She was sitting drinking her third glass of wine, alone. She sat slowly drinking the sweet strawberry flavoured liquid, pondering as to why Tony would be at her apartment at this time. It had taken her months since she had first seen him on Air Force One to push the feelings she thought she had for him out of her mind. She had been so deep in thought, she hadn’t notice Tony come back through.
“Any more of that?”
“Uh, yeah. In the kitchen.”
She watched him as he helped himself to a glass of her favourite wine. As he came back through to her, he swallowed a mouthful before speaking.
“Okay. Before I start, I don’t want you to interrupt me. I just want to say this to you, okay?”
“Okay.”
“Katie, we have worked together for over a year now. I knew from the moment I met you that I could fall in love with you at any moment. It took me a while to realise, but the very instant I saw you, I did fall. And boy did I fall hard. All those girls, that was me trying to prevent myself from acting on my feelings because of rule twelve. I knew that if anything ever did happen between us, and then for some reason we fell apart, it would be unbearable for both of us. What I’ve been feeling this past year reminds me of a song. I won’t sing it, I’ll just say the lines. I want to love you but I better not touch. I want to hold you but my senses tell me to stop. I want to kiss you but I want to too much. I want to taste you but your lips are venomous poison.”
“Alice Cooper.”
“Yeah. When I say you’re like poison, I mean it in the best possible context. For a year, and I will quote more of the song, you’ve been under my skin. I’ve tried my hardest not to think of us together, especially on undercover ops, or protection detail. Tried hard not to find you so overwhelmingly gorgeous. I don’t want to ruin what we have already, because if I did, I know it would break both our hearts. But I love you.”
He lifted her from the sofa as she looked at him in shock. He gently placed his lips to hers and for a slight second, she hesitated. But the moment was soon over and she responded. Almost too late, she pulled back and looked at the ground, which had become strangely fascinating.
“You taste like strawberries. Hmm…strawberry kisses.”
She never spoke, never smiled. Never looked at him. Instead, she kept her eyes firmly fixed to the floor.
“Katie?”
“I’m sorry.”
He could barely hear her. He was sure she’d just said that she was sorry, but what had she got to be sorry for. He looked her over and noticed a shining tear rolling down her cheek.
“Katie, why are you sorry?”
“I’m sorry, because I don’t love you. I never have. At thought at one point maybe I did. But I don’t. I’m sorry.”
“Kate?”
“Tony, I think you better leave.”
Tony stood back from the woman he adored. Had he heard her correctly? She didn’t love him? A slight blush crept over his face as he grabbed his jacket from the bathroom. Without hesitation he ran out the door, leaving Kate watching his retreating form fade into the night.
She couldn’t think straight. That kiss had been so good. So soft and gentle, then she had to spoil everything by telling Tony that she never felt the way he did. What was work going to be like? Would they ever get past this? Only time would tell.
End Notes:
This is from my collection of crap. It was my 2nd ff I ever wrote and I am now showing the world the crappiness I am able to write
Don't Let Our First Kiss Be Our Last by Sasha_Perrette
Author's Notes:
Will our two heroes ever get over this?
It was so easy that night
Should’ve been strong
Yeah I lied
Nobody gets me like you

Couldn't keep hold of you then
How could I know what you meant
There was nothing to compare too

It had been three days since the incident at her apartment. She hadn’t spoken to Tony. Tony hadn’t spoken to her. Of course, at work they were civilised, but their conversation never went past the point of discussing the current case they were on. The banter between Kate and Tony ceased to exist and the tension in the bullpen was becoming unbearable. Everyone, especially Gibbs, had noticed that there was a lack of comfort in the work place. The tension between Kate and Tony was getting to everyone. Kate couldn’t take it anymore. Standing from her chair, she walked past Tony’s desk and headed for the elevator, destined for Abby’s lab.

I know everything changes
All the cities and faces
But I know how I feel about you.

There's a mountain between us
But there's one thing I’m sure of
That I know how I feel about you

When she reached the lab it was unusually quiet. She stepped in only to be bombarded with extremely loud rock music.
“Abby!”
“Oh, hey Kate. What do you think of my new CD?”
“Uh, yeah. Could you turn it down a little?”
A slight blush crept over the Goth’s face as she grabbed the stereo remote and turned the music off.
“What’s up?”
“Uh, I, uh…I think I broke Tony’s heart.”
The lab was now completely silent as Abby took this new information in.
“How?”
“He came over three nights ago and admitted he loved me. Then he kissed me and I told him that I didn’t love him. We haven’t spoken since then, Abbs.”
“Is that why he’s been in a foul mood?”
“I think so. Oh, what am I going to do? I don’t want to ruin our friendship.”
Abby paused for a moment while she thought through the possible actions Kate could take. On one hand, Kate could admit the truth and tell Tony how she feels about him. On the other, Kate could apologise and Tony would never talk to her again, it was a tough decision but Abby knew what had to happen.
“Tell him the truth.”
“Which is?”
“You love him.”
“Abby, how…”
“I see and hear everything, Kate. You should know that by now. I’ve seen the way you looked at him. I know, Kate.”
Kate looked sceptically at her best friend. Was this just a trick to get her to admit how she really felt, or did Abby really know the truth?
“Okay, I love Tony! I, Caitlin Todd, hereby declare that I am madly in love with Anthony DiNozzo and have been since I met him on board Air Force One! You happy now?”
“Yeah. Now go tell him that.”
“How? He won’t talk to me unless it’s about work.”
“Wait till after work. Go by his place tonight and just do what he did. Except you’ll be sober… You will be sober, right?”
“I don’t know, Abbs. I need all the courage I can get right now. Ugh, what if he doesn’t let me in?”
“Tell him it’s important, or to do with work. He might listen to you then.”
“Okay. But if this doesn’t work then expect to see me on your doorstep tonight, intoxicated. And I’ll be bringing more drink with me.”
“There won’t be any need, Kate. Now go do some work.”

Can we bring yesterday back around
Cause I know how I feel about you now
I was dumb I was wrong I let you down
But I know how I feel about you now

Back in the bullpen, Tony had been running things through his head. He’d been an idiot, telling Kate how he felt about her without knowing if she felt the same way. But that was the whole reason he done it, to find out how she felt. And now he knew, there was no way he could change it. He felt disappointed but at the same time, let down by Kate. Glancing at his watch, he realised it was five pm and Magnum was calling him from his house.
Almost as if he had read his mind, Gibbs glanced up at the two agents in the bullpen and told them to go home.
“Where’s Kate?”
“Uh, she’s with Abby I think, boss.”
Just at that, Kate re-entered the bullpen when she heard her name.
“No, I’m here.”
“Home time. I’ll see you three tomorrow.”
Tony and McGee ran from the bullpen as Kate walked to her desk and slowly began packing her things up.
“Something on your mind, Kate?”
“No. Nothing, Gibbs. I’ll see you tomorrow.”
Kate left the bullpen and decided on taking the stairs down. As she walked out to the car park, she was surprised to see Tony sitting in his car. She was in two minds whether or not to go over and talk to him or not but as he looked up and seen her, he started the car and drove off. Kate sighed and headed to her own car still unsure about what it would take for her and Tony to get back on speaking terms.

All that it takes
One more chance
Don’t let our last kiss
Be our last
Give me tonight and I’ll show you

Letting herself into her apartment, Kate had no idea what to do. Jumping in the shower, Kate remembered what Tony had said about their kiss. Strawberry kisses. He liked strawberry kisses. A plan began formulating in Kate’s head; she knew what she had to do. Grabbing a bottle of strawberry shower gel from the shelf, the plan became clearer in her head. Stepping out the shower, she took the moisturiser from the table. Instead of her usual bottle of aloe vera and peach, she grabbed her strawberry moisturiser. She only hoped that this plan would work. If she could lull him into her now strawberry scent and admit to him what he already knew, things just might work out right. As she dressed, there was one more thing she had to pick up before she started her short journey to Tony’s.

I know everything changes
I don't care where it takes us
Cause I know how I feel
About you

Kate sat in her car parked outside Tony’s apartment block. Once she had left work, and seen Tony sitting in his car she realised that Abby was right. There was no way she could go on denying to herself and to Tony how she really felt. They both deserved to hear the truth, even if they both already knew it. Getting out the car, she walked towards the building, playing the words over in her head. She only hoped that they would come out right when it came to speaking.
She knocked once on the door and hoped he wasn’t in. But no, he was in. Hearing the footsteps getting closer, she held her breathe in anticipation. The door opened and Tony stood there in jeans and a t-shirt. Kate exhaled as she took in the body in front of her. The t-shirt fitted perfect and she could see his well-defined six-pack.
“What are you doing here, Kate?”
“I came to talk.”
“I don’t think there’s anything left to say. You made it pretty clear the other night how you feel.”
“Tony, please. I think you need to here this. I need to clear a few things up.”
“I don’t know…”
“Please, can I just come in?”
“Fine.”
He opened the door up further and she took unsteady steps into his apartment. It was just how she imagined it. As she followed him through to his living room, she had completely forgotten what she was planning on saying to him. She looked around and her eyes finally rested back on Tony’s, who was waiting impatiently for her to talk.
“Tony, I…”
“No, Kate. Don’t say it. I was drunk and I apologise. Had I known you never felt the same way I would never have acted on my feelings.”
“That’s what I’m trying to tell you if you’d let me get a word in. For months, I’ve been pushing my feelings out of my head and my heart. Trying to convince myself that the only thing I feel for you is friendship, a brother sister relationship. I never wanted to admit to myself, or to you, that on Air Force One, I fell hard. And I’ve been falling ever since. And you caught me three nights ago and I didn’t know how to respond. I realise I should’ve been strong that night and confronted my feelings, told you the truth, but I lied.”
“What are you saying, Kate?”
“I’m saying, that I was dumb and I was wrong. Since that night, I’ve been thinking about you more than I usually do. I’ve been thinking how to put this right. I know now. I know how I feel about you. The way I’ve always felt. I love you.”

Can we bring yesterday back around
Cause I know how I feel about you now
I was dumb, I was wrong, I let you down
But I know how I feel about you now
Not a day passed me by
Not a day passed me by
That I don’t think about you
And there’s no moving on
Cause I know you’re the one
And I can’t be without you

Tony took a moment to think before breaking out his trademark grin. As he walked towards her, Kate was confused.
“So, you’re not mad at me anymore?”
“Katie, I could never stay mad at you. I just had to wait for you to come to your senses and realise what was already there. I know you would never let a good thing pass you by.”
Smiling now, Kate reached into her pocket and pulled out a stick of lipbalm, now it was Tony’s turn to be confused.
“What’s that?”
“Strawberry lipbalm. I know how much you like strawberry kisses.”
“I knew there was a reason I liked to Katie Todd.”
“Liked? Three nights ago it was ‘loved’. What changed?”
“Well, it depends.”
“On what?”
“On whether our first kiss will be our last.”
“Tony, we’ve already had our first kiss. And if you don’t get over here soon, there will be no others.”
Closing the small distance between them, Tony grabbed Kate in his arms and kissed her. Kate smiled as he pulled back, and stayed wrapped up in his arms.
“Well?”
“Uh, I need to do some more investigating first before I’m sure but, I love strawberry kisses, I love you and I love receiving strawberry kisses from you.”
“And I love giving them to you.”
“So there you go. I think I missed a bit of lipbalm though.”
Kate laughed as he pulled her back in for another kiss. A kiss that would lead into the unknown.

Can we bring yesterday back around
Cause I know how I feel about you now
I was dumb I was wrong I let you down
But I know how I feel about you now
End Notes:
Still say it sucks.
This story archived at http://www.ncisfiction.com/viewstory.php?sid=2729