Sleep Over by katetodd4eva
Summary: While hiding from a serial killer the team find out more then they expected about their co-worker and boss
Categories: Gibbs/Kate Characters: Abby Sciuto, Donald Mallard, Anthony DiNozzo, Leroy Jethro Gibbs, Kate Todd, Timothy McGee
Genre: Drama, Established relationship, Case
Pairing: Gibbs/Kate
Warnings: Violence
Challenges:
Series: None
Chapters: 1 Completed: Yes Word count: 2288 Read: 3609 Published: 11/16/2008 Updated: 11/16/2008

1. Sleep Over by katetodd4eva

Sleep Over by katetodd4eva
Author's Notes:
While hiding from a serial killer the team find out more then they expected about their co-worker and boss
Everyone arrived at work expecting have to go out to yet a nothing horrific crime scene.
They all sat down at their desks and to their surprise they had a note each on their desks.
They opened them at the same time.
‘Your Next’ it said. They looked at each other in shock.
“ What are we going to do boss?” Tony asked worried. Gibbs looked at them then grabbed his phone and called Abby.
“ Abs” he said gruffly.
“ Gibbs I’m so glad you called. I got this note and”
“ Yeah I know. Get Ducky and get up here straight away” he said then hung up.
When Abby and Ducky arrived they all stood around Gibbs.
“ What are we going to do Gibbs?” Abby asked.
“ If we haven’t caught this dirt bag by the end of the day you all will be staying at my place tonight” he told them.
“ Gibbs do you think that’s a good idea?” Tony said.
“ Well its either that or you go home and get slaughtered”
“ Good point” Tony agreed.
“ But Boss why don’t we just stay here. That way we have the security cameras” McGee now objected.
“ Well we could do that McGee but do you know how many levels this building is? He could easily be on any other the other levels” Gibbs told him.
“ Right boss, I hadn’t thought of that”
“ Is there any other objections?” he said looking at Kate but she didn’t say anything.
“ Good, now back to work” he said. As the day drew on they hadn’t gotten anywhere. The only thing they knew was that every letter was exactly the same as the ones found at the crime scenes.
The end of the day finally came and they all headed home to get clothes and then back to Gibbs’ place.
“ Wow Gibbs, I didn’t know you lived in a mansion” Tony said as he walked in the door.
“ It’s a house Tony, not a mansion” Gibbs said. He showed them where they will be sleeping. Kate got the room across the hall from Gibbs’ bedroom. There wasn’t enough room for Tony sp he had to have the fold out lounge.
Kate went into the bathroom and hid all her stuff in there to not build suspicion.
“ So what’s for dinner?” Tony asked happily.
“ Is that all you think about” Kate said with a laugh.
“ Kate is going to make us pasta” he said looking at her.
“ Me? Why me?”
“ Your always going on about how much you love to cook. So cook” he ordered her.
“ Well if I’m cooking your helping” she said getting up and heading to the kitchen. He didn’t argue, he just got up and followed her.
They all looked at each other.
“ Gibbs never cooks” Abby pointed out.
“ You’ll be surprised my dear” Ducky said with a soft smile.
Kate was in the cupboard getting the pot.
“ Why am I helping you?” Gibbs asked.
“ What are we going to do?” she asked bluntly.
“ About what?” he asked as he handed her the pasta.
“ Well, there is that little fact that I already live here” she said sarcastically.
“ They wont find out. Your stuff is in my room which they wont go anywhere near it and you got your things out of the bathroom so there is no need to worry” he said rubbing her shoulders.
McGee walked into the kitchen to see Gibbs and Kate laughing and talking together happily which he thought was weird.
“ Tony wants to know if he can put a movie on” McGee said.
Kate was bout to say something but stopped herself and looked at Gibbs.
“ Tell him he can wait until after dinner”. McGee walked out and told Tony. Soon enough dinner as served. They all sat around Gibbs’ table and talked about everything. Gibbs was a bit quiet. He kept looking over at Kate who couldn’t stop smiling.
Everyone helped clear the table. Abby, Ducky and McGee got ready for bed. Gibbs went down to the basement. Tony soon followed him.
“ So is his still boat number one?” he asked inspecting the wooden structure.
“ Nope. Two” Gibbs said not looking at him. Tony kept having a look around. Gibbs didn’t tell him to go away as he thought no harm could be done. Gibbs walked over to the corner near the bottom of the stairs to get some more sand paper. Tony made his way over to him.
“ Do you still sleep down here?” he asked. Gibbs didn’t say anything. Tony looked at the walls of the basement and to his surprise he saw pictures he didn’t expect to see. He was to busy trying to figure why Gibbs had these pictures they both didn’t realise Kate had joined them.
“ What are you guys doing down here?” she asked with a smile. Gibbs smiled back at her, but Tony gave her a weird look.
“ Did you know Gibbs had pictures of you down here?”
” What?” she asked surprised. He pointed to the wall and she saw pictures of herself. One was her at the crime scene on the beach, one of her at the NCIS Christmas party, one of her and Abby dressed up before they went out to dinner one night and then the picture that Tony discovered of her at the wet-t-shirt competition.
“ I…well…um” she stuttered.
“ No she didn’t. I think its time for bed” Gibbs said looking at him.
“ Sure” Tony said then made his way up the stairs. When they were sure he was gone Kate let go of the breath she had been holding.
“ That was to close” she said with a little laugh. Gibbs nodded in agreement and stepped closer to her. He wrapped his arms around her waist and pulled her close to him.
“ You know you shouldn’t wear that t-shirt when we have company” she said quietly.
“ And why’s that?”
“ Because you look so hot in it” she whispers. She runs her hands over his chest.
“ You’ve never called me hot before” he said with a smile.
“ There’s a first time for everything” she whispered. She grabbed his t-shirt and pulled him closer and kissed him.
“ Where are the others?” he asked quietly.
“ In bed” she said kissing him again. He turned around and walked up the stairs with her following him not letting him go.
They reached the top of the stairs and finally stopped kissing.
“ Your room or mine” she whispered to him.
“ Mine” he said then kissed her again, leading her to the bedroom.
Kate stopped. She could feel eyes on her. She opened her eyes and saw Abby, McGee, Ducky and Tony looking at them in utter surprise.
“ Oh god” she said with a smile. he opened his eyes and turned is head to see them all looking at them.
“ I thought you guys were in bed” he said.
“ We were until Tony came and told us about the pictures” Abby said. They both looked at Tony.
“ I thought they should know” was all he said.
“ Why didn’t you guys tell us?” McGee asked.
“ We couldn’t?” Kate said.
“ Rule 12” Tony said.
“ No, the director” Gibbs said.
“ So how long have to two been together?” Ducky asked. Gibbs looked at Kate.
“ 3 years” they both said together.
“ Look can we talk about this tomorrow” Kate said.
“ Sure they all said and headed back into there rooms. Gibbs and Kate stood there looking at each other.
“ At least we don’t have to tell them anymore” Kate said with a smile. Gibbs laughed.
“ So does this mean I can sleep with you?” she asked kissing him. He didn’t say anything, he just took her into the bedroom and closed the door.
**********
Kate was up and making coffee for everyone. Gibbs was in their bathroom and Tony was in the spare bathroom having a shower.
“ Good morning Kate” Abby said cheerfully as she entered the kitchen.
“ Morning. Coffee?” she asks with a smile.
“ Yes please. So you and Gibbs ay” she said with a smile.
“ Your not up for 5 minuets and your asking me about it”
“ Well I’m your friend and I need to know these things. So when did you two first…you know?” she said as Kate gave handed her the coffee.
“ Well, I think just after Air Force One”
“ Really?”
“ That wasn’t the first time Abs, that’s when we both realised we wanted each other. The first time was…about 3 months after that I think. When we came off the Philadelphia”
“ Oh I remember that. You and him go pretty cosy then” she said with a smile.
“ You could say that” Kate laughed. Just then there was a knick at the front door.
“ I’ll be back in a sec” Kate said and ran to get the door. She opened it with a smile, but that smile was quickly gone and replaced by fear. A tall, brown haired, green eyed, fairly built man held a gun o her head and ordered her back into the house. Kate slowly walk back into the house.
“ Kate, who is it?” Abby asked. she got off the chair and saw the gun at Kate’s head.
“ Oh my god” she exclaimed.
“ Abs go and get Gibbs” Kate said calmly. Abby rushed off down the hall.
“ I told you, you were next” he said with a cheesy grin.
“ How did you know I would be here?” she asked.
“ I’ve been watching you. You and your friends” he said.
“ What do you want?” she asked him. He laughed.
“ What all the others gave me” he said. His eyes ran all over her.
“ So you rap them then kill them” she pointed out. Abby ran back into the lounge room.
“ Kate” she says.
“ It ok Abby, just stay back” she ordered and Abby obeyed.
“ Ah, my second prize” the man said looking over at Abby.
“ Don’t even think about it” Kate said sternly. He laughed again.
“ I always get what I want” he snarled then touched her cheek softly and ran his hand down her neck and down to her breast. She hit him. She hit him fair on the cheek. He grabbed the side of his face and looked back at her. she stood her ground, making sure she showed no emotion. His hand came in contact with her face, forcing her to the ground.
“ Kate” Abby squealed. McGee slowly came in and stood in front of Abby.
“ Is she ok” McGee whispered.
“ He just hit her McGee. I don’t know” she said scared. The man looked at the two.
“ Come to save the day I see. Well agent McGee I think your to late” he snarled. Kate still lied on the ground next to the fireplace. Just then the front door burst open and a dripping wet Gibbs and Tony came in guns drawn.
“ The hole gang” the man snarled showing no fear.
“ If I were you I would drop your weapon” Gibbs yelled. Kate grabbed one of the pokers that were near her face. She heard Gibbs’ voice. She got to her knees and waited for the right moment to strike.
“ What you don’t realise agent Gibbs, is that I don’t fear death” he said turning his gun on Gibbs.
‘ Now’ Kate thought. She got up and hit him over the head with the poker. He feel to the ground with a thud. Kate let out a sigh of relief. She walked over to his body and grabbed his gun. McGee came up behind her and took it off her. Abby ran to Kate and hugged her.
“ Are you ok?” she asked hugging her tightly.
“ I’m fine. Really” she said. Abby pulled back and looked at her.
“ Oh god. Your eyebrow” Abby said. Kate felt her head.
“ Bugger” was all she said. Gibbs came over to them.
“ Are you both ok?” he asked.
“ We’re fine” Kate said.
“ Your head” Gibbs pointed out.
“ Its nothing. I’ll get ducky to look at it and I’ll be fine” she said. He hugged her and kissed her.
Ducky fixed Kate’s head and then got fid of the body. Now that the threat was gone they could all go back home, but not without an explanation from Gibbs and Kate. They all sat at the table.
“ So when did it all start?” Abby asked. Gibbs looked at Kate. He wanted her to tell the story.
“ Well…we started…dating not long after we met” she started. she looked at her friends and colleagues. She really did want to tell them but she didn’t. she liked it when they didn’t know. All the sneaking around and everything, it was kinda fun.
“ Look the main thing is that we have been together 3 years and yes I do live here and yes he has met my family and yes Abby the sex is great. Does that answer all your questions?” she said. They all sat there not knowing what to do or say.
“ It answer my questions” Tony said. They all agreed and decided it was time to leave.
Once they were all gone Gibbs turned to Kate.
“ I’ve never seen you do that before” he said with a smile.
“ Do what?”
“ Talk to them like that. I thought you would of told them the story from start to finish”
“ And make you seem like the real romantic” she laughed.
“ It couldn’t hurt” he said kissing her.
“ Well I am so sorry. Next time I’ll tell them what you did on Valentine’s day” she said teasingly.
“ I have an even better idea” he said kissing her.
“ What’s that?”
“ I remind you what I did on Valentine’s Day”. She didn’t say anything. She kissed him, then took his hand and dragged him into the bedroom where she discarded her clothes and his in less then 2 seconds.
This story archived at http://www.ncisfiction.com/viewstory.php?sid=2748