Maybe the truth isn't so bad after all. by Jenna In Wonderland
Summary: Tony and Ziva let their feelings out. Gibbs plays with computers. McGee gets angry... and devilish. Abby worries. Ducky observes quietly.
Categories: Gibbs/Other, Other Het Pairings Characters: Abby Sciuto, Anthony DiNozzo, Donald Mallard, Jimmy Palmer, Leroy Jethro Gibbs, Timothy McGee, Ziva David
Genre: Case, Friendship, Hurt/Comfort
Pairing: Gibbs/McGee, DiNozzo/Ziva
Warnings: None
Challenges:
Series: None
Chapters: 1 Completed: Yes Word count: 2692 Read: 5429 Published: 02/17/2009 Updated: 02/17/2009

1. Maybe the truth isn't so bad after all. by Jenna In Wonderland

Maybe the truth isn't so bad after all. by Jenna In Wonderland
Author's Notes:
Tony and Ziva let their feelings out.
Gibbs plays with computers.
McGee gets angry... and devilish.
Abby worries.
Ducky observes quietly.
She opened her eyes slowly, sudden pain washed over her causing a groan to escape her lips. She looked across to see blood drying on Tony’s face and her heart skipped. He was motionless; her vision was unfocused and she started to panic when she couldn’t see his chest rise and fall. She leaned over, causing herself more pain, and shook him gently.

“Tony,” she whispered, her voice was hoarse. He tilted his head to the side and opened his eyes.

“Ziva... Ziva, you’re ok,” he exclaimed in a whisper before wincing.

“Are you ok?” he asked.

“Yes,” she answered promptly.

“I’m stuck,” Tony winced. Ziva looked around and suddenly remembered everything.

XxxxxxxxxxxX
“He’s right on our tail Tony,” Ziva rushed. Tony swiped a look in the revision mirror and saw the car. This wasn’t supposed to happen, how the hell did this lunatic end up chasing them instead of the other way around. Tony was so confused and knew that Gibbs was going to be seriously pissed off when they got back.
A sudden jolt hit the car and Tony looked in the revision mirror again. The mad man had hit the car. This happened several more time before Tony thought he’d gotten away. Before they both knew what was happening the car was spinning out of control. They could both see the edge of the bridge getting closer, this could be the end.

XxxxxxxxxxxX

“Ziva,” Tony groaned. Ziva snapped back and threw her seatbelt off. She got out of the car, not caring for the pain, and raced to the driver’s side door. Throwing it open she saw Tony was wedge between the wheel and the seat. She assessed the situation, she didn’t want to hurt him.

“I’m going to have to pull the seat back,” she said before jumping in the back seat behind Tony and started pulling the seat. It was hard work for her and she knew there had to be an easier way.

“Ziva,” Tony said. She stopped immediately.

“Am I hurting you?” she asked quickly.

“No, but there is a leaver to pull the seat back,” he said, a laugh in his tone.

“Oh,” Ziva said before jumping out and quickly finding the leaver. She slowly pulled it back and watched Tony’s expression for pain as the seat slid back.

“Ahh,” Tony moaned as his legs escaped the prison of the wheel.

“Are you ok?” she asked in a worried tone.

“Yep, glad my legs are free,” Tony smiled before stiffly getting out of the car. They walked over to some fallen trees and sat on them. Looking back over to the crashed car they both knew that since the crash hadn’t killed them then Gibbs would. They sat in silence for some time before Tony stood up.

“Come on,” he said. Ziva stood up and followed.

“Do you know where we are going?” she asked after a while.

“No,” Tony replied bluntly. Ziva knew he was upset so she kept quiet. They walked in silence for a long time. Ziva worried that Tony was going crazy, it seemed like they were walking in circles.

“Tony, it’s starting to rain,” Ziva said as she tried to keep up with his now fast pace.

“I know,” he said without looking back to her.

“Tony, we have to stop, I can’t walk anymore,” Ziva said as she stopped in her tracks.

“No, we have to keep walking,” Tony said as he continued.

“We have to stop, it’s raining, I’m tired, please,” Ziva started to beg.

“No,” Tony said, his voice softer as he moved away from her.

“Tony,” she whispered before sitting down on the long, wet grass. After a few seconds Tony stopped and turned around.

“We have to keep walking,” he yelled back, his voice thick with something Ziva could only describe as hurt.

“Ziva,” Tony said. She didn’t reply and he started to walk back. He stood a few steps from her and suddenly felt horrible for making her walk all this way without even talking to her properly. She had her head in her hands, sobs racking her body in an awful manner. This had to be bad,
Ziva never cried and gave up just like that.

He bent down beside her and gently pulled her up. She wouldn’t look at him, she didn’t want him to see her like this, and she felt weak for crying.
“Come on,” he said softly before putting his arm around her shoulders and tagging her along a little more. After 10 minutes the rain started to pour down harder. Ziva had stopped crying but let Tony hold her, she like the feeling.

“In here,” Tony ushered towards an over growth of trees that look dryer than where they were. It was silent for a while as they sat and watched the rain.

“Tony,” Ziva said nervously, was this the right time?

“Yeah,” he answered.

“I can’t hide this any longer,” she said. Tony looked to her, curious to every aspect of her words.

“Hide what?” he asked.

“I love you,” she said, her words not even running through her mind. At that moment Tony knew he could be himself at long last. He just hoped to god that if he said those three words back he wouldn’t be heartbroken like last time.

“I love you too,” he replied, happy when a smile appeared on Ziva’s face. They sat there holding
each other. It was highly boring since their phones were broken and it was cold and wet. They cleaned each other up as much as they could.

“There had got to be something to do,” Ziva complained after a while.

“Maybe there is,” Tony said, a smile debating on his face.

“What do you mean?” she asked.

“Well...” he trailed off; did he really want to do this? Ziva watched him as he moved his hand to brush her cheek. He edged in closer and at that moment Ziva didn’t care anymore, she closed the gap between them. Their lips crashed together in a battle of love. He nipped at her bottom lip and was granted the entrance he wanted. They pulled away breathless, both holding a longing in their eyes.

“Tony,” Ziva started but Tony placed a finger over her lips and brushed a strand of hair behind her ear. He pulled her into another fierce kiss, once again leaving them breathless. A voice in Ziva’s head was screaming NO as Tony laid her on the wet ground and started to kiss her again, but she couldn’t concentrate on listening to the voice so she ignored it, letting herself fall deeper into the kiss.

“Maybe...” she didn’t even have time to finish because she gasped. Tony’s hand was making its way underneath her shirt and whether she wanted him to stop or not, her voice didn’t seem to connecting to her mouth. His hands skimmed across her skin, he knew that she wanted this; at least he hoped he knew. As he ran his hand along the bottom of her bra she gasped. She thought about the settings of where they were, what if somebody found them? Not likely.

She snapped back from her thoughts and noticed Tony had removed her jacket and was in the process of taking off her button up. She didn’t hesitate and helped remove her top, she suddenly wanted this so bad she couldn’t wait any longer.

Tony was slow to unbutton her trouser and she was getting impatient so she tore his jacket and shirt off, felling his bare chest as she went. Then she set to work on his pants, ripping at his belt before trying to pull his pants off but he stopped her.

“Ziva,” Tony said. She looked into his eyes.

“What?” she asked impatiently.

“You sure?” he asked, and if she changed her mind now he was gonna have a problem.

“Yes,” she said before taking him into a kiss and finished tearing off his pants. Their breathing was heavy, hot on each other’s skin. Ziva thought she had died and gone to heaven, she’d been waiting for so long to be with Tony. Tony thought he had also died and gone to heaven. He’d longed for Ziva for so long, he had to admit that he was falling in love all over again.

XxxxxxxxxxxX

“McGee!” Gibbs barked.

“Boss I’ve tried to locate them 100 times,” McGee whined.

“Then try again!” Gibbs yelled.

“The result will be the same,” McGee said, trying to keep his calm.

“Gibbs,” Abby said as she walked to his desk.

“What?!” he yelled. Abby stoped in her tracks.

“I’m sorry Abbs,” Gibbs said as he stood up.

“We’re all worried about Tony and Ziva, but you need to stop yelling at McGee, can’t you see he’s stressed to the bone... And Ducky, he’s down there talking to more cadavers than I’ve ever seen and I think Jimmy’s going to go bonkers if he has to listen to it any longer... And me, I’m down in my lab running scans all over the letter that mad man sent us, I’m searching for them and I can’t take it any more... I can’t do this anymore,” Abby said as she looked pleadingly at Gibbs.

“I’m sorry Abbs, I just don’t want anything to happen to them, I’m scared for them,” Gibbs said.

“I accept your apology,” Abby smiled before nodding towards McGee the walking off.

“McGee,” Gibbs said.

“I’m rerunning the search,” he answered. He’d tuned out to what Abby had said and was only focused on the search.

“Tim,” Gibbs said as he put a hand on his shoulder.

“Stop, take a break,” Gibbs said softly.

“But what about the search?” McGee asked as he looked up at Gibbs.

“Don’t worry about it,” Gibbs said, giving McGee a smile before going back to his desk. McGee got up and headed down to Abby’s lab. Gibbs sat at his desk and waited for McGee to leave. As soon as he was gone Gibbs jumped up and ran to his computer and looked at the stopped search.

“Maybe,” he whispered to himself. He started pressing buttons and moving the mouse. He thought he was going great guns. There were dots moving around the screen, like when McGee had played with it. Search boxes with information appeared, at least that what he thought they were. He stepped back to his desk and let the programme do its thing.
McGee and Abby stepped from the elevator to see Gibbs with a smirk on his face.

“What?” Abby asked.

“Oh my god, what the hell happened to my info, it’s in the process of been deleted, what the hell!?” McGee yelled. The smirk suddenly disappeared off Gibbs’ face. Oh shit. He thought.

“What do you mean deleted?” Gibbs asked, trying to act like he hadn’t done it.

“I mean all the information I got is been deleted, erased, it’s gone!” McGee fumed. Gibbs wanted to shrink into a really deep hole, he hated seeing McGee angry like this.

“Abbs, will you go and see if Ducky has anything,” Gibbs asked.

“Sure... Tim, everything will be ok,” Abby smiled before leaving. Gibbs walked up to McGee and felt really bad.

“Tim,” he said.

“What?” McGee snapped.

“I know who did it,” Gibbs said.

“Who, because they will be dead,” McGee said angrily.

“I did it,” Gibbs said, ready to be yelled at.

“You did this?” McGee asked, surprised.

“Ahh, yeah,” Gibbs said.

“Well then, I think I know the perfect punishment,” McGee said. Gibbs had never seen this side of him and was captured, immersed in wonder. McGee stepped in closer and Gibbs held his breath for a short time.

Down in autopsy Ducky had just finished ranting about how stressed he was.

“And now you’re all unstressed,” Abby smiled. Ducky nodded before Abby hugged him.

“I think I’ll go and see if Tim has calmed down,” Abby said.

“I think we could do with some fresh air... Mr Palmer,” Ducky said. Jimmy quickly followed them to the elevator. When they walked into the bullpen nobody was there.

“That’s weird, they were here a few moments ago,” Abby said with a confused look.

“Maybe they found Tony and Ziva?” Jimmy suggested.

“No, Gibbs would have called us,” Abby said as she walked to McGee’s desk. She checked the still running scan.

“Hmm,” Abby mused.

“Hmm, what Abbs?” Gibbs said as he seemed to mystify suddenly.

“Oh, we were looking for you,” Abby said. She looked around but couldn’t see McGee.

“What did you find,” Gibbs asked.

“Well...” Abby started.

“I found them,” McGee said. Abby spun around to see McGee at his desk, how did he sneak in there?

“Where?” Abby asked urgently.

“I got the rough coordinates, Abby work on this to get a better pin point location,” McGee said.

“Let’s go,” Gibbs said as they ran to the elevator.

XxxxxxxxxxxX

“Tony,” Ziva said. Tony turned to her and smiled.

“Yeah?” he asked.

“Can I have my jacket, its cold,” she said as she hugged herself.

“Sure,” Tony said as he picked Ziva’s jacket up from the ground. He pulled a face and threw it back on the ground.

“It’s soaked, have mine,” Tony said as he shrugged of his jacket.

“Now you’ll be cold,” Ziva said.

“Nah, I’m tough,” Tony grinned. Ziva pulled the jacket on the jacket and smiled before kissing his cheek.

“Thank you,” she said. They sat there talking for a while, or what seemed like hours. By then Tony was shivering slightly, and that’s when they heard something. It sounded like someone was walking towards them.

“Tony, Ziva,”

Tony and Ziva jumped up, they were relieved to hear that voice.

“Boss,” Tony yelled back.

“Keep yelling DiNozzo, scout boy will find you,” Gibbs yelled back.

“Hey!” McGee said in a defensive tone. There was a quiet murmuring from Gibbs, something that
Tony and Ziva could not make out, then they appeared through a thick of trees.

“Took youse long enough to get here,” Tony said.

“We couldn’t get a signal from your phone; you must have gotten higher to get one, how high?” McGee asked.

“Just here,” Tony said.

“I have no signal,” McGee said.

“Tony did throw his phone,” Ziva pointed to where it lay.

“Huh... A signal,” McGee said as he picked up the phone.

“Let’s go home, be dark soon... and I’ve got plans,” Gibbs said although the last bit was whispered, he was sure no one heard him.

“You have plans?” Tony asked. Gibbs turned around and shot him a glare.

“Right, sorry... It’s just that you never have plans,” Tony said. Gibbs kept walking, almost a run. They got back to the car and were thrown around on the drive back to NCIS. Tony didn’t appreciate getting his head hit on the roof as much as he did so he complained all the way.

When they stepped from the elevator Abby ran to Tony and Ziva and hugged them. She started fussing over them, making sure they both went down and got checked over by Ducky, like always. After a while Abby settled down. Tony and Ziva walked back into the bullpen. McGee looked fidgety so Tony thought now was the perfect time to attack.

“What’s up Probie?” he asked. McGee looked over to Tony.

“Nothing,” he said.

“Your fidgety, you got a date?” Tony said, joking around.

“So what if I do?” McGee asked.

“Ha ha... Do you?” Tony asked, suddenly curious.

“Maybe,” McGee smirked.

“What do you mean?” Tony asked as he moved closer.

“It’s not really a date date,” McGee said.

“Then what is it?” Tony asked. McGee just sat there.

“Oooh,” Tony said as he went back to his desk, he got the picture and didn’t want any more details.

“Well, I’m off,” McGee said. Tony watched as he got into the elevator... with a smiling Gibbs. Could they? Nah, Tony brushed the thought away and looked over to Ziva who had a grin on her face.

“I’m heading home... Care to join?” she asked.

“Hell yeah,” Tony said probably a bit too enthusiastically but Ziva didn’t care. They walked to the elevator hand in hand, they knew this probably wouldn’t last but it was nice while they had it.

XxX
End
This story archived at http://www.ncisfiction.com/viewstory.php?sid=3004