Angels by Bj Jones
Summary: Tony gets some advice from a friend
Categories: Gibbs/DiNozzo Characters: None
Genre: First Time, Episode Related, Angst
Pairing: Gibbs/DiNozzo
Warnings: Death story
Challenges:
Series: None
Chapters: 3 Completed: No Word count: 7289 Read: 13487 Published: 01/13/2006 Updated: 09/27/2006
Story Notes:
Disclaimer: I do not own any of the characters from NCIS, they belong to CBS and the man who created and produces the show. I’m just borrowing them and promise to give them back as soon as I’m done with them… Though I wouldn’t mind keeping DiNozzo for a few, but I don’t think Gibbs would appreciate it.

Beta: Calypso….

Author's Note: After watching the finale this scene popped in my head… And there's a slight guest appearance.. I know you will be shocked or maybe not :)

1. Angels by Bj Jones

2. Divine Intervention by Bj Jones

3. Guadians by Bj Jones

Angels by Bj Jones
Author's Notes:
Tony gets some advice from a friend

~*~

It had been two months since that morning. Two months since he had lost someone he considered his best friend. He would never have teased her the way he did, if he hadn't felt a deep connection to her. She was the sister he never had, a strong good woman influence in his life. The one regret was that he never told her. He hoped and believed that she knew - that she knew what she meant to him.

He has become as obsessed as Gibbs in locating Ari. McGee wasn't immune; he was designing programs to make it easier to track the terrorist down. And when they found him - he had a notebook of new ideas and ways to cause pain. When McGee found the notebook, Tony first thought he would look at him with pity for having such dark thoughts. He was surprised when McGee added a few ideas - the geek had a mean streak.

Speaking of McGee, he's wasn't 'probie' any more. The new agent is or at least the new agent of the week is. They've gone through four agents in the past two months. The last one barely made it out of the lab alive, after he made a comment that Agent Todd shouldn't have let her guard down. It took Ducky and Palmer to hold Abby back. Last they had heard the agent was somewhere in Alaska.

Tony sighed as he flopped onto his back. He couldn't sleep, too many thoughts and emotions running through his head. He paused, feeling a presence in his room. He looked over towards his dresser, and smiled. "Just had to get one last look before moving on to the afterlife."

"God Tony," Kate smiled at him. "You think I would pause on my way to heaven just to get a look at your naked butt?"

"Yeah," Tony grinned.

Kate laughed, "If I wanted to see cute naked butts, I would have stopped at Gibbs' place."

"I knew you were dreaming of him," Tony sat up in the bed. She was sitting on his dresser wearing the same outfit she had on when she died. "I've missed you."

"I'm sorry," She gave him a sad watery smile. "I didn't mean for it to happen."

"I don't blame you," Tony pulled the sheets over his lap. "I blame Ari and when we find him..."

"Tony," She looked at him.

"No, Kate." Tony held his hand up. "He took away a member of our family. He took away my sister, and will pay for that."

Kate wiped away the tears on her cheek, "I knew." Tony looked at her confused. "I knew you loved me. Not in that way, but in that, 'I'm-an-annoying-older-brother-so-I'm-going-to-pull-your-pig-tales way'."

"So, what brings you here?" Tony asked. "Unless you’re here to pay me the twenty bucks you owe me."

"I owe you," Kate glared at him. "You owed me mister."

"I don't recall that," Tony looked up his fingers tapping his chin. "No, you owed me."

Kate grinned, "I can't believe you are sitting there teasing me."

"Just because your dead, doesn't mean you're free of my torment," Tony smirked.

"I knew I ended up in hell," Kate couldn't hold the smile back.

"Is the visit social or…" Tony turned serious.

"Actually I'm here on assignment," Kate told him. "I'm an angel now."

"Which one? And do you talk with Charlie often?" Tony chuckled.

Kate rolled her eyes, "I'm here to help you."

Tony's smile faded, "Help me?"

"Look Tony, I'm just going to say this," Kate slipped off the dresser and walked over to the bed. "Life is too short," She cupped his face in her hands. "Tell him how you feel. You both will fall apart if you don't lean on each other. He needs you and you need him."

"I can't," Tony tried to pull away. "I would rather be on the sidelines as his friend then have him hate me."

"Tony," Kate brown eyes bore into his hazel. "Don't you understand - the two of you will not survive without each other. You are better together than apart. When you face Ari the two of you will need each others strengths to take him down."

"And if I don't," Tony's voice was soft and vulnerable.

"He will win," Kate stepped back, and disappeared.

"KATE!" Tony jerked awake. He quickly looked around his bedroom. He could still smell her perfume in the air. "Fine, but if he kills me I'm hunting you down and kicking your ass."

'Like to see you try,' Kate's voice echoed through the room.

~*~

Tony walked into the bullpen a small smile on his face. He sat down at his desk and for the first time in two months, he could look at Kate's desk and not feel a sharp pain, but instead a warm remembrance.

"What are you smiling at?" McGee asked as he looked up from his desk.

"I had a good nights sleep," Tony glanced towards Kate's desk again, "Dreamed of Kate."

"Really," McGee's voice was full of curiosity.

"She told me it was time to move on with my life," Tony smirked, "Oh and to kick Ari's ass for her."

"That we will do," Gibbs stood in front of Tony's desk. "Any other messages?"

"Yeah," Tony grinned. "You drink to much coffee, and stop tormenting the new agents."

"Not in this life," Gibbs gave a small smirk and headed for his desk.

"Speaking of new agents," McGee nodded towards the elevators. "She's here."

"She looks like a cold hearted bitch," Tony eased next to McGee. "Shall we test her?"

McGee grinned, "You have to have certain merits to work for Gibbs."

The new agent walked past the two men, ignoring them completely. Tony raised his eyebrow at the rudeness. She walked up to Agent Gibbs desk and stood there. Gibbs ignored her for a few minutes, finally looking up, "May I help you?"

"Rachel Phillips," She held her hand out.

Gibbs just looked at it, "Ms. Phillips. What makes you think you can work on my team?"

"I have a Psyche degree from Columbia, background in the FBI as a profiler, I've also been trained at the FBI labs," She gave him a bright smile.

"And what makes you think you can work on my team?" Gibbs asked again, not liking her.

She looked a bit taken back, but answered in a crisp manner. "I think my recommendations state that I bring a strong work ethic to my jobs. I have a well rounded background between psychology and forensics…"

Gibbs sighed and then pointed to the desk, "This week is a testing ground. You fail you leave."

"Thank you Agent Gibbs," She smiled and moved to the desk. "Is there something you would like me to work on?"

"I need a background check on Captain Thomas Nichols." Gibbs replied as he stood up. "I'm heading down to talk to Ducky about the body. Phillips you have any questions DiNozzo or McGee can help you."

Tony gave her some credit, she waited till Gibbs was out of the room. "Look you two. Nothing you will do or say will get me to leave. I've worked hard to get were I'm at and will not tolerate any of your crap. Make one comment to me Agent DiNozzo I'll have you up on sexual harassment. And as for you Agent McGee, I have no respect for a spineless agent." She sat down and ignored them as she worked.

Tony looked at McGee, who was glaring daggers at the woman. McGee looked down at his computer as a new message came through.

'she won't make it past lunch.'

'can I send her down to Abby?'

'only if I can watch.'

~*~

"So who won the bet this time?" Gibbs asked as the three men walked out of the building.

"I think Ducky," McGee grinned. "He said one-thirty."

"Damn," Tony snapped his fingers, "Was off by thirty minutes."

"Next time," McGee laughed as he headed towards his car.

"You know boss," Tony turned toward Gibbs. "Sooner or later we'll have to actually keep an agent."

"When the right one comes, we will know." Gibbs stopped next to Tony's car.

"Yes Yoda," Tony smirked. He looked up at Gibbs noticing that he was actually smiling a true smile the first one in two months. "Boss…"

"Tony," Gibbs pulled Tony behind a concrete pillar.

Tony looked into the expressive blue eyes, leaned forward and kissed him softly. Gibbs pushed Tony against the pillar, deepening the kiss. Tony nipped at Gibbs bottom lip as he pulled back a bit, "let's take this home."

"Once you're in my bed I won't let you out." Gibbs's voice was deep and serious.

"You won't be able to get me out," Tony kissed him hard, giving as well as taking.

~*~

Tony sighed, deeply content to be in Gibbs's arms. He shifted slightly wincing at the soreness. They had barely made into the house before Gibbs had stripped him down and dropped to his knees in front of Tony. He had Tony groaning in seconds, he swore the neighbors heard him screaming Gibbs's name when he came. Gibbs had led a dazed Tony down the hallway into his bedroom. He stripped down and had Tony spread out on the bed in seconds. Tony moaned deeply when Gibbs finally entered him.

Tony grinned as he remembered each moment they had made love. Tony had made it his goal to touch, lick, and kiss every inch of Gibbs' body, only to have his own body mapped out similarly. Gibbs would bring him to the edge, make him wait, and then pushed him over the edge, ripping a scream out of his throat each time.

The sweetest moment was when Gibbs handed him the lube and asked Tony to fuck him. Tony stared at his boss, understanding the trust and love the man was giving him. Tony took his time, making the moment sensual and achingly slow. The two came gasping each others names. They curled up with each other and fell into an easy sleep, safe from nightmares and the darkness of the world.

Tony woke up with a familiar feeling. He opened his eyes and smiled, "I knew you had a voyeurism kink."

She smiled then knelt next to the bed, "I'm not perverted like you." Tony raised his eyebrow at her. "Okay, I peaked."

Tony chuckled, "Thank you."

"Your welcome," She patted his hand. "Take care of him."

"I will," Tony yawned.

Kate smoothed his hair back. "I love you."

"I know," Tony eyes fluttered shut. "Will I see you again?"

"It could be possible," Kate stood up, "Until then, goodbye Tony."

~*~

"You did well, Kate." Kate looked over at her companion.

"Why?" She asked.

"Because," Dark eyes looked back into the room. "I always thought I had time, and never got the chance."

"What happened?" She asked as they walked out of the house.

"My gun jammed," He turned towards her. "I died in his arms never telling him I loved him."

"God, Speed, that's horrible," Kate sighed, "And now?"

"We help those we can," Speed smiled as he stepped up to the bike.

"You expect me to ride that?" Kate looked at him. "Those things are dangerous."

Speed smirked at her as he mounted the bike. "Dangerous?"

She slapped his arm, "Fine. What could go wrong? We're already dead."

"True," Speed gunned the engine.

"Now where?" Kate asked as she pulled back her hair.

"Two assignments," Speed looked over his shoulder. "First one is in Vegas. One of the CSI's there was almost killed - buried alive."

"What is this? Pick on CSI's week?" Kate shook her head.

"He lived, but the man he needs is avoiding him," Speed explained. "He's afraid to show him how much he cares."

"Let me guess, he's the man's supervisor?" Kate rolled her eyes.

"Yep," Speed grinned. "Should be simple, compared to the New York case."

"What's wrong there?" Kate asked concerned.

"Another supervisor blinded by his own pain," Speed dropped his eyes. "If he doesn't look past his own hurt, he will lose the one that can heal him."

"Will he be killed in the line of duty?" Kate asked.

"By his own hand," Speed answered sadly. He kicked out the stand and took off down the street. They had lives to help and save.

~*~

Gibbs woke up to the sound of a motorcycle revving up. He slipped out of the bed, and moved towards the front room. None of the neighbors owned motorcycles. He looked out the front window and watched as the pair take off down the street. He dropped the drape in shock.

"You saw her?" Tony asked from behind him.

"Yeah," Gibbs turned and looked at him.

"She's looking out for us," Tony stepped up to Gibbs.

Gibbs nodded, "Wonder who she was with?"

"Let's go back to bed," Tony pulled Gibbs down the hallway. The two men settled comfortably in each others arms. "I love you." Tony's voice was soft as he drifted asleep.

"I love you, too." Gibbs kissed Tony's forehead and followed him into sleep.

End Notes:
Disclaimer: I do not own any of the characters from NCIS, they belong to CBS and the man who created and produces the show. I’m just borrowing them and promise to give them back as soon as I’m done with them… Though I wouldn’t mind keeping DiNozzo for a few, but I don’t think Gibbs would appreciate it.

Beta: Calypso….

Author's Note: After watching the finale this scene popped in my head… And there's a slight guest appearance.. I know you will be shocked or maybe not :)
Divine Intervention by Bj Jones
Author's Notes:
Someone had to set them straight
~*~

Tony just stared at his team, or what he thought was his team. He stood up and grabbed his bag. "You know Agent David, I'm suddenly not hungry." His voice was cold and hard. He quickly left the office ignoring the calls. He had enjoyed working at NCIS; he figured it was now time to move on now.

~*~

"What's wrong with Tony?" McGee looked around the office.

"Do you really have to ask that?" A very familiar voice came from behind.

Everyone turned and stared in shock. Even Gibbs looked speechless.

"Kate?" Abby grinned. "Oh God, this is so cool."

Kate looked at Abby. "I'm pissed at you."

"What?" Abby frowned.

"What?" She looked at all of them ignoring Ziva. "Tony just walked out of here looking like you not just kicked his favorite dog but shot it."

"It was a joke," McGee stammered.

"A joke." Kate looked at him with her hands on her hips. "Okay, let me get this straight. You thought it would be funny to tell your most insecure team member that you all had dinner at the new chick's house and had a good time, but not only didn't invite him – you didn't even miss him. I'm waiting for the punchline."

Abby looked to the ground. "But…"

"Did you all also forget the fact that your new chick is the sister of the man who shot his partner?" Kate glared at Gibbs. "AND YOU!" Gibbs stared at her. "What did you tell him where you were going when you left the house? Oh, yeah, it was something along the lines of going to meet some old Marine buddies."

"Kate." Gibbs growled.

"I'm dead Gibbs, that isn't going to work. I worked hard to put the two of you together and you just ruined it, for what?" Kate yelled.

"He wasn't there." Abby defended Gibbs.

"So you just thought it would be hilarious to join in on the fun?" Kate glared at him. "I'm telling you, Gibbs, you better get your ass over to Tony's and grovel like there is no…."

"Kate." A new voice popped up.

Kate turned to look at her partner. "I'm sorry, I'm just so angry."

"I know." The new guy walked up placing a hand on her arm. "And I don't blame you, but do you know how many laws you're violating."

"But…" She glared at the group. "Speed…"

"They have to figure it out for themselves." Speed glanced over at the group. "And you better do it soon or you'll be down another agent. I know a few people that wouldn't mind having an ex-NCIS Agent on their team."

Gibbs growled, "Tony is mine!"

"Then I suggest you go and grovel like Kate said." Speed smirked, he grabbed Kate's arm and turned to leave. "Oh and Miss David…"

"Yes." Ziva amazingly had kept her calm through the entire conversation. It wasn't every day your partner's ex-dead-partner showed up and yelled at you. "I would figure out where your loyalties lie and I don't mean the Mossad. You know what I'm talking about."

With that the two were gone.

"What just happened?" McGee asked.

"We got chewed out by Kate and some unknown angel." Abby's voice was quiet. "And she was right – it was cruel and viscous. I should have known better. I mean, I remember his look after you teased him about McGee replacing him when he went missing in the sewers."

Gibbs' eyes fell on Ziva; he could see the conflict going on inside her, but he let it go for the moment, he had something more important to do. "I'm going to go find Tony."

"Boss, tell him we're…" McGee began.

"Tell him yourself," Gibbs barked as he headed for the elevator.

~ Tony's Apartment ~

Tony sat on the kitchen floor and petted the small dog as she ate out of his NCIS hat. "That's all it's really good for, now." Tony had been shocked when he found out Kate had not only kept 'Toni' but willed her to him if something was to happen to her. He was even more shocked 'Toni' liked him.

"So, Toni." Tony grinned and scratched her ears. "What do you think I should do now? Maybe California, you would like the beach, lots of things to find and chew on."

Toni looked up from eating and whined at him. "Sorry, Gibbs isn't here, so no milk bones for a snack. What? You didn't think I knew about your secret?" He succumbed to the big brown eyes and got up and grabbed a few milk bones and gave them to Toni. "So California? How about Miami?"

"How about staying here?" Jethro's voice came from the kitchen entrance.

"On a team that doesn't respect me?" Tony stood up, his posture and stance defensive and unapproachable.

"I'm sorry," Jethro said. "Honestly, Tony, I wasn't there. I did go out with a couple of old Marine buddies. I heard Abby and McGee talking about the dinner, and the B for bastard popped up. I honestly didn't think you would …"

"What? Take it seriously? To heart? That I would just laugh it off. What a good joke on Tony!" Tony asked. "It hurt Gibbs. And to think you lied to me about going out, so you could go to dinner, a party, for the team that I wasn't included in."

"I don't lie," Gibbs pointed out. "I thought you knew that."

Tony sighed, his eyes dropping to the ground. "No, you don't, but … sometimes I don't know where I fit as your lover, on the team… and the thought that everyone was getting a good laugh at my expense once again was just …"

Jethro stepped up and cupped Tony's face in his hands. "You are valued on my team. I have come to rely more and more on your skills. You wouldn't be there if I thought you were a fool. I'm still making up for things I've done in the past to question that place, and I probably set us back again thanks to this …"

"Joke?" Tony leaned into Jethro's touch. "I love you, Jethro but this …"

"Can you forgive me?" Jethro kissed him softly, barely brushing Tony's lips with his.

Tony pulled him in for a deeper kiss. "Don't do it again. I know you're a bastard sometimes, but this was…too much."

"I'll make it up to you." Jethro kissed him again. "By the way you missed something amazing."

"What Kate yelling at the four of you?" Tony grinned at Gibbs' shocked expression.

"She stopped by." Tony smiled. "You know she's scarier now she's an angel."

"You've seen her before?" Jethro asked.

"Once or twice." Tony pulled Jethro towards the bedroom. "No talking about Kate, you have some making up to do."

Jethro grinned following Tony into the bedroom. "By the way, you have my permission to torment Ziva and McGee as much as you want."

"And Abby?" Tony eyed him.

"She'll punish herself more than you can," Jethro said.

"I'll talk with her in the morning." Tony pulled Jethro down on to the bed. "Please, I need you."

Jethro took his time with his lover. Stripping him slowly, worshiping his body with his mouth and hands, bringing Tony to the brink of ecstasy time and time again then pulling back to prolong the pleasure. Tony groaned and writhed under his touch; he was so far gone he was babbling in Italian.

Tony soaked up Jethro's touch, moaning in pleasure as his body was played like a fine instrument. He opened his eyes to see his lover's chest over his face; he couldn't resist and nipped at one of the erect nipples. Jethro moaned. He grabbed the condom and lube and sat back. Tony's eyes had gone almost golden as lust layered with love shone in them.

Jethro slipped the condom on Tony and lubed him up. Tony opened his mouth to question. In all the time they had been together Tony had never topped. Jethro reached behind him and slowly prepared himself. Tony stared in shock first, then in open lust. Jethro straddled Tony and lowered himself down onto his lover, taking his time to adjust to Tony's size.

Tony wrapped his hands around Jethro's hips, steadying his movements. He managed to hold back the instinct to thrust up and bury himself deep inside his lover. He moaned deeply as Jethro settled onto his hips. The two just stared at each other, communicating through their eyes, not a word spoken.

Slowly Jethro began to move, rocking gently. Tony let him set the pace, bracing his feet flat on the bed, to supporting Jethro as he rode him. Jethro found the right angle and pace, and with each thrust his prostate was scraped, sending sparks of pleasure up his spine. Tony began to lose his control and thrust upwards as Jethro impaled himself down, setting a harder rhythm.

Tony reached out and began to stroke Jethro's hard leaking cock. The stimulation was too much, and the older man came with a shout, sending Tony over the edge with him. Jethro eased off Tony and cleaned the two of them up before getting them under the covers and pulling Tony into his arms. That night Tony fell asleep content.

~ NCIS: Headquarters ~

Tony stared at McGee who was practically shaking in his boots. "I'm sorry."

"Its okay Probie." Tony smiled at him. "Really, it's okay."

McGee sighed. "It was childish and cliquish, something I hated while in school. All the jocks getting together, talking about the geeks and what did I do? The thing I hated done to me. You're not really the lazy playboy, but a decent agent who I'm proud to be partnered with."

"Wow, McGee, did you practice that in the mirror this morning?" Tony smiled at him.

McGee sighed. "Are you going to torment me for weeks… or months?"

"I'll think on it." Tony winked at him. Before going back to his desk he leaned forward. "Thanks, Tim." McGee smiled at him letting a breath out in relief. "Doesn't mean I won't torment you for at least a few days," Tony commented on the way to his desk. McGee smiled, it was good to get things back the way they were supposed to be.

~*~

"Abby, don't worry about it, I'm a big boy." Tony smiled at her. "I took it too personally, what happens outside work is people's personal business. Just because I wasn't invited to a party doesn't give me the right to pout."

"But doesn't give us a right to tease you about not being invited." Abby hugged him. "I know you, Tony; if you had found out you would have shrugged it off, but the fact we teased that you weren't invited is what hurt."

Tony was a bit stunned at the comment. "Wow, were you practicing with McGee?"

She smacked him. "We love you."

"Yes, what's not to love," Tony grinned.

She smacked him again. "Are we cool."

"We're cool." Tony tugged her pigtail. "So about Kate…."

~*~

Tony leaned back in his chair, his reports finished and on Gibbs' desk. There was tension between him and Ziva, but it would fade in time. He had never been good at holding grudges and as long as his family was beside him he didn't really care.

"I can't believe I missed you yelling at Gibbs." He looked up at Kate who was standing in front of his desk.

"One of the privileges of being dead." She shrugged. "Everything fine?"

"You didn't have to rescue me from my own hurt feelings," Tony pointed out.

"Yeah, I did," Kate said. "I admit when I first profiled you, I labeled you as a male chauvinist pig, rich playboy, lazy and that relied on luck…"

"Don't hold back Kate," Tony grinned.

"And I was wrong," Kate informed him. "Oh you're still a male chauvinist pig, but I know you're a good agent that works hard or you wouldn't be here. I also know despite your carefree attitude, what other people think concerns you. It wasn't Miss David who hurt; it was the other three, your team and friends. And that pissed me off; they should have known you better to realize what it would look like to you."

"My own guardian angel." Tony shut everything down and grabbed his bag.

"Two actually," Kate grinned.

"So this guy I've seen you with…" Tony smirked.

"TONY!" She smacked him. "He's like a brother, besides he's waiting for someone to crossover."

"So no hanky panky? Can angels even hanky panky?" Tony asked curious.

"You'll find out someday," Kate smiled.

"Never thought I would see you on a bike," Tony said.

"I'm dead, I decided to live a little," Kate laughed. "Now go home to Gibbs. I got work to do."

"Saving lives?" Tony asked heading for the elevator.

"Stopping Speed from smacking his old team," Kate grinned. "Or help."

Tony stepped into the elevator and turned towards her. "I miss you."

"I miss you too."

Tony's smile faded as the doors closed. "God, I miss you Kate."

~ The End ~
~ For Now ~
End Notes:
Disclaimer: I do not own any of the characters from NCIS, they belong to CBS and the man who created and produces the show. I’m just borrowing them and promise to give them back as soon as I’m done with them… Though I wouldn’t mind keeping DiNozzo for a few, but I don’t think Gibbs would appreciate it.

Beta: Veronica and Star

Author's Note: The ending last night just spawned at least three bunnies… Like, I don’t have enough bunnies. This takes place in my Kate as an Angel series.
Guadians by Bj Jones
Author's Notes:
The two had seperate assignments
~ Washington DC ~

Kate followed Gibbs down the narrow ship hallways. She had always felt it was claustrophobic when she was alive, it was amazing how more enclosed it felt now that she was dead.

Today wasn't going to be a good day. She wasn't happy they had split her and Speed up, and was equally unhappy about the assignment they gave him. What were they thinking, to send the Angel that's madly in love with Horatio to bring across the woman he married? She hoped her partner was alright. He was happy that Horatio had found someone, but she knew it hurt also.

His own fears had led him down a dark path. A hard past that had scarred him for life. Falling so hard for the redhead, then too afraid of rejection. Slowly slipping into a darkness no one recognized. Hell, if Tony had gone down that dark path she hoped to God she would have noticed, but none of Speed's 'supposed' friends did. Until one day - it all came to an end.

Speed later told me had totally forgotten about his gun. He didn't even think about cleaning it. It was obvious to her that Speed had issues with guns and violence - part of her itched to get into Horatio Caine's face. Some boss. If Gibbs knew there was an issue with cleanliness of guns he would have drilled them until they could clean them in their sleep.

She listened as the two men talked quietly. Suddenly Gibbs turned and looked her way. His eyes narrowed, focusing on her. Kate moved quickly, blocking him from the worst of the blast.

She could feel the heat of the blast on her back as she protected the ex-Marine from the main force of the blast.

'Kate?'

'It's not your time, Gibbs.'

Kate watched as Tony fought with his emotions, wanting to be with his lover but knowing he had to take care of the case. She eased up next to him, her voice soft in his ear. "I got Gibbs' back. You find out who did this."

He turned and smiled right at her. "Thank you."

"Who are you talking to?" Ziva asked eyebrow raised.

"Gibbs' guardian angel; he sure as hell had one tonight." Tony moved towards the naval ship, confident that Gibbs would be watched over by someone he trusted.

~ Miami ~

Speed wondered what did he do to piss off the head Angel. To bring Marisol Caine across was cruel and unusual punishment. Hmm. Maybe all this time he'd actually been in hell. He could hear Horatio shutting down, his voice cold and hard with no emotions. He looked over at the lovely woman next to him. She was very much a Delko. The same dark hair and eyes, beautiful olive skin.

"I'm surprised they sent you." She looked over at the scruffy angel.

"Well irony is a bitch ain't it." Speed smirked. "What? Hoping for your great grandmother from the old country? - she's skiing with Elvis."

"It's got to hurt, knowing he loved me and not you." Marisol looked over at Horatio, who was talking with Eric as the two prepared to hunt down her killers.

Speed turned and just stared at her. "All I ever wanted for Horatio was for him to be happy. You made him happy, and I won't begrudge you or him that. But get off your high horse and welcome to the afterlife. It doesn't matter who he loved more, he's hurting and that's what your concern should be, not rubbing my face in the fact you played the victim to the hilt to get his attention."

Marisol eyes narrowed. "Well, aren't we self righteous, Mister I didn't clean my gun."

Speed bit back a retort. "Let's go."

"But..." She looked back at Horatio.

"There's nothing you can do," he said. He pulled her away from the scene and the two disappeared.

~ Washington DC ~

Gibbs looked around he knew something wasn't right but he couldn't figure it out. He kept seeing flashes almost like mirages of Sharon and Kelly, his unit, but something was missing.

"Hello Gibbs."

Jethro turned around and stared at the young woman standing in front of him. She was wearing light pants, blue shirt, and a Kevlar vest. "Kate?"

"It's good to see you, though not in these circumstances." Kate smiled at him.

"What's going on?" He asked confused.

"You're in a coma, what you're seeing is flashes of your life." She gestured around him as scenes and images flashed about.

"I remember you, but how come the rest of this is so..." Jethro glanced around.

Kate smiled at him. "I'm here as a guide, once you wake up this will be a fleeting memory or feeling."

"I miss you," his voice full of emotion. "Tony..." He stopped not sure who Tony was or why he brought him up.

"It's okay Gibbs," the once Special Agent took his hand and the two walked across the desert sands. "Let's just take a walk and in time you'll feel like heading back."

"So how's the afterlife?" Jethro smiled.

Kate shrugged. "Not too bad, my partner and I work on special cases. So far we're doing pretty good, but it's hard sometimes."

"Some you can't save?" The ex-Marine asked.

"You can't save them all," she stopped and looked at the older man. "I just wanted to say one thing. Thank you."

Gibbs reached out but suddenly everything began to blur around him, images coming fast and hard. He could hear his name being called. He blinked and looked up. His mind was chaotic with images and wandering thoughts. The dark haired girl fading from view and memory. He looked around nothing looked familiar.

"Jethro..."

Gibbs blinked and looked at the doctor, him he knew. "Where am I?"

"Do you know me?" Doctor Todd Gefland asked.

Gibbs shook his head. "You I know." He pointed to the older gentleman. "Him I don't."

~ Miami ~

"One comment out of you and I'll make sure you are stuck on sand counting detail." Speed glared at the young woman.

Marisol flipped her hair back and moved up the walkway to her grave. "It hurts to see him this way."

"By the way, as a cancer patient how the hell did you keep your hair?" Speed asked.

She glared at him. "Were you always this snarky?"

"Yeah." He shrugged.

She looked back as Horatio moved further into the cemetery. "That could explain why Horatio never....Where is he going?"

Speed followed the redhead up the walkway. He knew exactly where Horatio was going. He had never visited his grave site; it was too painful for him to face the hard reality of his own stupidity.

He stopped at the top of the hill stunned. There were flowers planted in front of his marker. He watched as Horatio knelt down on his knees, cleaning up the dead leaves and petals. He heard Marisol gasp behind, but was too focused on the man in front of him.

"Hey Speed." Horatio laid his hands on his knees. "I'm sorry I haven't been around, but it's been a rough week."

"Oh God..." Speed crumbled to the ground tears in his eyes.

He felt soft hands around his shoulders. "It's okay, I'm here now."

He looked up to see Kate. "You're supposed..."

"You need me now." She looked over the scene playing out in front of them.

"It's a bit awkward for me to ask, but could you watch out for Marisol?" The redhead took off his sunglasses and set them down on the headstone. "She's a good woman, and I loved her..."

Marisol smiled as she made a step forward.

"But nothing compared to what I felt...feel for you." Horatio took a deep breath. "No matter how many times I come here or say it, it's never enough. I'm sorry Speed...God I'm so sorry. If I had only asked. If I had just got past my own fears and reached out to you. You would be here by my side where you belong not..." He wiped away the tears. "Nothing has been right since we lost you, since I lost you. I'm floundering I can't seem to find my way; I'm so lost without you. The lab has never recovered. Ryan and Eric fight all the time, Calleigh has just seemed to have lost that spirit. And I know Alexx misses you terribly. Not one of us realized how much you brought to our lives...and we failed you miserably."

Speed stood up and moved up to the older man. "Horatio..."

Horatio's back stiffened; he quickly looked around the cemetery. "I'm going to Brazil. I may not have loved her like I do you, but I did care deeply for her and she didn't deserve to die because she loved me." He stood up and slipped on his glasses. "I will always love you, and will forever be sorry..."

"I love you, too." Speed whispered his hand caressing over the red hair. "Be at peace H, I made the mistake not you..."

Horatio closed his eyes a sense of calm coming over him. "One day..."

"I'll be waiting..."

Marisol wiped the tears from her eyes turned and walked away. She now understood, she may have had the joy of being held by Horatio Caine and loved by him, but she never had a chance for his heart. That had and always would belong to one Timothy Speedle.

~ Washington DC ~

"Ziva I want you at the back door, to back me up." Tony said into his mike as he moved through the house.

"We've got the last of the suspects in custody." Ziva snapped.

Tony sighed. "Then who the hell am I chasing through the house?"

"A ghost."

The new team leader eased around the corner and then through the small kitchen leading to the backyard. Jethro had been retired two weeks ago, and Tony's life has gone to hell. Ziva always countered or questioned anything he did, and if that wasn't bad enough spied to the director. Jen Sheppard was another thing entirely. She questioned everything he did, even what tie he had on in the morning. McGee stood by him and treated him with the same respect he had treated Gibbs.

And that was just the professional life. His personal life was worse than hell. Jethro didn't remember their relationship. He handed Tony his badge and gun and never looked back. For the first time since Kate died, Tony had cried himself to sleep.

As the agent eased himself into the backyard he turned the corner and came face to face with Kate. His eyebrows furrowed in confusion, then he looked past her and a slow realization hit him. Everything was in slow motion. He pulled up his gun and fired, knowing full well that this was it. The impact hurt like hell and slammed him into the ground. He heard voices screaming his name. He tried to call out but the warm liquid in his mouth prevented him. Kate kneeled next to him and took his hand, her brown eyes never leaving his soft hazel.

'I'm here...'

"TONY!"

Tony looked over at the young man, "McGee..."

"Shh don't talk." McGee pulled off his coat and tried to stop the bleeding. "Ambulance is on his way."

The agent smiled at him. "Its okay Probie, Kate's here."

McGee froze. "NO! Don't you leave too..."

"Abby..." Tony coughed, blood dripping out of his mouth. "Take care of ... Abby."

~*~

The cell phone shattered at the impact. Jethro sank to his knees, tears streaming down his face. It took losing him to remember him. Tony. His lover. Gone.

"Okay this whole dead thing sucks!" Tony growled at the two Angels as he watched Jethro break down.

"Learn to live with it." Speed eyed him.

Tony mocked him and looked at Kate. "You know Gibbs he's ..." He turned back to the grieving man.

"This is why we have a plan." Kate patted Tony's arm. "About now a certain Goth lab rat is going to call and inform him..."

"He just shattered his phone." The new Angel pointed out.

The house phone rang; Jethro ignored it letting it go to the answering machine. "Pick up the phone Gibbs. I got info and I need you to hunt the bastard down and take his head off for taking Tony."

Gibbs grabbed the phone. "Abby?"

"The bastard is associated with a mob down in Brazil; they call themselves the Mala Noche." Abby's voice was hard. "There's a CSI from Miami already down there, Horatio Caine. Meet him in Rio by tomorrow. He said you're welcome to hunt with him."

"And his beef with them?" Jethro asked as he walked into the bedroom grabbing his gun.

"They killed his wife." The lab tech informed him.

"I'm on my way." Jethro hung up and headed for the door. "Kate if you can hear me - take care of Tony - you know how he is...Tony..."

"I'll be waiting." Tony whispered.

~ Rio ~

Two men met.

Two men plotted and made alliances.

Both grieving for ones they've loved and lost.

Two men hunted.

~ The End ~
~ For Now ~
End Notes:
Spoilers for Season Finales - Crossover with CSI: Miami *WARNING* Characer Death
This story archived at http://www.ncisfiction.com/viewstory.php?sid=316