The New Girl by Jesi
Summary: Special Agent Gibbs is not happy. Why? There's a new girl. Former FBI agent, to be exact. This girl is instantly on his bad side, just for that fact. Her name is Heather. She's sarcastic and spunky, and will change Gibbs' life. That is, if he'll allow it.
Categories: Other Het Pairings Characters: Timothy McGee, Original character, Leroy Jethro Gibbs, Anthony DiNozzo, Abby Sciuto, Ziva David
Genre: Romance
Pairing: Gibbs/OFC
Warnings: None
Challenges:
Series: None
Chapters: 2 Completed: No Word count: 1683 Read: 4823 Published: 06/16/2009 Updated: 06/16/2009

1. The New Girl by Jesi

2. The Victim by Jesi

The New Girl by Jesi
Author's Notes:
Special Agent Gibbs is not happy. Why? There's a new girl. Former FBI agent, to be exact. This girl is instantly on his bad side, just for that fact. Her name is Heather. She's sarcastic and spunky, and will change Gibbs' life, if he'll let her.
Jethro Gibbs was late. Something he did on purpose. He enjoyed catching DiNozzo, Ziva, and McGee doing something they shouldn't have been.

As he stood in the elevator, he wondered what they might be up to. DiNozzo would no doubt be eating something, with Ziva standing over him talking. McGee would either be with Abby, or playing some game on his computer.

When he exited the elevator and looked around though, no one was at their desk. He glared, and started off to the forensic lab.

Abby was drinking a Caf-Pow, and humming. She didn't notice Gibbs until he was standing in front of her.

"Abs, where the hell is my team?" He stared her down, waiting for an answer.

"Well, they're in Leon's office."

"Why? They work for me, not him."

Abby shielded herself, then answered. "They're welcoming the new special agent."

Gibbs rolled his eyes. "I'm going to get to the bottom of this." He yelled, while making his way to the Director's office.

He opened the door, and saw Ziva standing next to Leon, arms crossed, and DiNozzo trying to charm some girl. McGee was standing in the back. He knew Gibbs wouldn't be happy, and being out of sight would help some.

"What the hell is going on, Leon? What's this about a new agent? I'm not training someone new. Especially on short notice."

Leon walked over to Gibbs, and patted him on the back.

"Calm down, Jethro. She won't need any training. She is a former FBI agent."

"Great. Just wonderful."

Leon sighed at Gibbs' sarcastic tone.

"This is Heather. Otherwise now known as Special Agent Smith."

Jethro examined her closely. She was a tall, skinny yet curvy girl, who couldn't have been older than 27. She had wavy, chestnut hair that fell on the center of her back. Her forest green eyes were full of determination. She stood with her shoulders back, like she feared nothing. Gibbs liked that in an agent. Of course, he wouldn't like her.

She smiled and put her hand out. "It's a pleasure to meet you. I look forward to working with you."

"You shouldn't." Jethro replied, then left. Heather awkwardly pulled her hand back.

DiNozzo hugged her. "Don't worry, his bark his worse than his bite. I'm here for you."

Ziva was tempted to make a puking sound. "Come on, DiNozzo. We have to go. McGee, you still hiding?"

"Nope." He reappeared and walked out quickly, followed by Ziva and DiNozzo.

Heather turned awkwardly to Leon. He smiled at her reassuringly.

"He didn't bite your head off, so don't worry, he likes you."

Heather gulped and walked out.
***************************************************************************

Jethro continued to glare at Heather from his desk, which was right across from her's. He didn't trust FBI agents, especially the females. The ones he had previously met reminded him of his ex-wives, which was never a good thing.

Heather felt someone staring at her. She looked up and smiled at Gibbs. He scowled and looked down.

"Smith, come here."

Heather walked over to him. "Special Agent Gibbs, I would like to be called Heather."

He stood up, and looked down at her. "You can call me Gibbs, and I'll call you Smith. Got it? Now", Gibbs picked up his coffee cup and handed it to her, "I need a refill. I prefer my coffee black. I expect one on my desk every morning. Welcome to the NCIS." He smirked and sat back down.

Heather frowned and was on her way to get Gibbs his coffee when she was called.

"Psst. Psst. Hey, come here!"

Heather entered the forensic lab nervously. A short, gothic-looking girl was sitting in front of a microscope, not aware of her.

"Excuse me, did you call me in here?"

"Yeah." Abby jumped out of the chair and walked over. "I'm Abby. You're the new agent, right? I'm the forensic scientist. So, how are you fitting in?"

Heather was taken aback by Abby's friendliness. For someone who dressed so depressingly, she sure was happy. Heather smiled. Finally, someone here who wanted to know more about her. And not just to get in her pants, like that DiNozzo.

"Well, not so well. Gibbs hates me."

"No, he just doesn't like newbies. Training them can be a pain in the ass."

Heather shook her head. "He won't need to train me. I'm a former FBI agent."

Abby raised her eyebrows. "THAT'S why he hates you."

"What does he have against the FBI?"

Abby shrugged. "Well, his third wife married a FBI agent after divorcing him, but I don't think that's why."

Heather raised her eyebrows. "He's been married three times!"

Abby smiled. "Four, but that's off the record. He also doesn't trust the FBI. They've been known to meddle in cases that are rightfully ours!" She slammed her fist on the table. "We at NCIS demand justice!"

Heather smiled. She was starting to like Abby.

Abby looked down and noticed the coffee cup in Heather's hand. "Sent to get coffee for Gibbs, I see."

Heather scowled. "Yeah. Aren't I lucky?"

Abby laughed, and patted Heather on the shoulder. "Don't worry. You won't have to do it for long...hopefully. Now go get his coffee, before he gets angry."

Once Heather retrieved the coffee, she headed back to the main floor. Gibbs watched her walk over to him.

"What took so long? Get lost? Get it together, we have a case. You're coming with me. Ziva and DiNozzo are taking another car." He started for the exit. Heather stood there, confused.

"Come on Smith, we have a case. That means get your ass out the door. NOW!"

Gibbs held the door open until she walked up, then swiftly walked out and closed it in her face.

Heather wasn't sure what to expect from the NCIS, but this sure wasn't it. She rolled her eyes and opened the door, then reluctantly followed Gibbs. She DID answer to him, now.
The Victim by Jesi
Heather was silent in the car. She stared out the window, afraid to look at Gibbs. She wasn't sure how she offended him, but she obviously had. Heather looked and the rearview mirror, and saw DiNozzo and Ziva following them. McGee had stayed behind.

The ride to the location was only thirty minutes long, but in that car, it felt like at least two hours. Before Gibbs even stopped, Heather unbuckled her belt, opened the door, and jumped out.

Ducky, who arrived a hour before, was taking pictures of the body. Gibbs walked over, with Heather following. Gibbs turned around, and glared at her.

"Why don't you leave it to the professionals. You can go wait in the car."

Heather looked him right in the eye, not backing down. "No. I will show you that I am a good agent. You don't have to like me for whatever reason, but you will respect me!"

Gibbs shrugged. "Fine. Show us what you've got."

She smiled sarcastically and walked past Gibbs, over to DiNozzo and Ziva.

"So, how long has she been dead?"

Ducky smiled at her. "You must be the new agent. I'm Ducky. Oh, and she's been dead since around one a.m. Pretty girl, I wonder what someone had against her."

Heather smirked. "Funny, I wonder the same thing." She looked over at Gibbs, who seemed to be trying not to laugh.

Once he gained his composure, he looked at his team. "Look for evidence. Whatever you can find, I want in a bag."

While everyone was looking for evidence, Ducky walked over to him. "Don't give her such a hard time, Gibbs. She's doing good so far. Save your anger for when Anthony screws something up."

Gibbs smiled. "She was a FBI agent. I hate FBI agents."

Ducky patted him on the shoulder. "I know, but give her a chance."

Gibbs sighed. Yes, Ducky was right. No, he wasn't going to listen to him.
***************************************************************************

Once back, Gibbs took the evidence to Abby. McGee was pulling up the information on the computer, thanks to the fact that the girl still had her wallet.

Gibbs walked backed quickly. "What did we find?"

"Well, Boss", McGee started, "her name was Kayla Worley. She had been a marine for about 2 years. She was 24."

"Okay, McGee, track down her family and get information. Once you do that, DiNozzo and Ziva, you can work from there."

Heather looked confused. "What do I do, Gibbs?"

Gibbs smirked. "You refill my coffee."

Heather grabbed Gibbs' coffee cup, and stomped off. When she walked past Abby's lab, she heard her call for her.

"Yeah, Abby?"

"Come here! We need to talk! Check out what I found."

Heather walked over.

"Look in the microscope. See what's on the leaf?"

Heather cringed. "Sperm."

"Yes, which means, sadly, that not only was she murdered..."

Heather finished the sentence. "She was raped."
***************************************************************************

Gibbs was very irritated, not having coffee for a whole hour. When Heather rushed in with it, he was pissed.

"Where the hell have you been? I sent you to get coffee about twenty minutes ago."

"Abby called me into her lab. She found something."

Gibbs glared at her. "She answers to me, not you."

Heather shook her head. "No! She told me to look in the microscope. There was sperm on one or more of the leaves. Not only was Kayla Worley murdered, she was also raped!"

"We don't know for sure, until we check with Ducky. Which I'm going to do now."

Gibbs motioned for Heather to follow him, then went to see Ducky.

"Find anything for me?"

He looked at Gibbs, then Heather. "Oh, hello Heather, Jethro. I did find something. It appears the poor girl was shot in the head."

Gibbs turned to Ducky. "Abs said she found sperm."

Ducky sighed. "As did I, Jethro. The poor dear was raped."

Gibbs ran a hand through his hair. "Better go see what McGee found."
***************************************************************************

McGee looked each agent in the eye before speaking. "I called her family. They said she had a roommate, and gave me her number. The roommate said she hadn't seen Kayla since yesterday evening, before she went to a bar. She said she wasn't sure which bar Kayla went to, she sometimes went to several. She left about-

"Gibbs. We need to talk." Abby was breathing heavily, having run all the way.

"What Abs?"

"Pull up Jason Thompson."

McGee pulled it up. Heather moved closer to it. "I recognize him. He's one of the FBI's most wanted. Raped and killed four women. We never caught him."

Gibbs looked from the computer, to Abby. "What about him?"

Abby smiled. "I matched the evidence to him. He's the guy you're looking for."
This story archived at http://www.ncisfiction.com/viewstory.php?sid=3202