Stakeout by PenMaster
Summary: Ziva and tony go on stakeout, and talk turns to soulmates
Categories: Other Het Pairings Characters: Abby Sciuto, Anthony DiNozzo, Donald Mallard, Jeanne Benoit, Jenny Shephard, Jimmy Palmer, Leroy Jethro Gibbs, Michelle Lee, Original character, Timothy McGee, Ziva David
Genre: Action, Character study, Drama, Episode Related, Friendship, PWP - Plot, What Plot? , Romance, Series
Pairing: Abby/McGee, DiNozzo/Ziva, Gibbs/Jen, Palmer/Michelle
Warnings: Violence
Challenges:
Series: None
Chapters: 5 Completed: No Word count: 2811 Read: 14186 Published: 07/10/2009 Updated: 02/21/2010

1. Stakeout by PenMaster

2. What are they doing?? by PenMaster

3. Elevator date by PenMaster

4. I gotta take some time by PenMaster

5. He'll come around by PenMaster

Stakeout by PenMaster
Author's Notes:
Ziva and tony go on stakeout, and talk turns to soulmates
"Dinozzo!" GIbbs called out "David!"

They looked up form their desks.
"get down to the warehouse and relive mcgee and lee"

Ziva and Tony grabbed their back packs.

They arrived at the warehouse, the lights weren't on in the small flat above where they were keeping surveillance.
"Do you think everything is ok?" Ziva asked
"Dunno, but we better check it out"

THey went up the stairs, they heard a loud crash from the apartment and Tony and Ziva both took their guns from their waists and knocked on the door.
"McGee!, Lee!" Tony called out "open up!"

McGee came to the door, the room was extremely dark, only lit by a camping light standing on teh coffee table, Lee was sitting with an ice-pack on her leg, palmer beside her.
"What happened?" Tony asked returning his gun to its holster
"Well the power went out around 2 hours ago, and michelle tripped over some of the boxes and twisted her uncle so ducky sent palmer up, she's not gonna be able to come on surveillance tomorrow so Abby's coming instead" McGee told them, looking excited at the prospect of spending the day with Abby.

"Ok, you can go now, we've got it covered"

Palmer and McGee helped Agent Lee up and Tony and Ziva watched them on the laptop screen (the laptop is being powered by a generator) leaving the building and getting into a little black car parked in the alley way behind them.

Ziva opened her bag and searched through it with a torch and retrieved some rice and herbs, she found Some lamb in the fridge and got to work making a lamb rice dish (baghali polo) her persian friend had taught her how to make.

Tony kept an eye on the camera's while she cooked, but also kept one eye on her. He couldn't help it, he'd felt drawn to her since the very moment she's first arrived at NCIS making a wisecrack about phone sex.

around an hour later Ziva and Tony were sitting on the sofa beside each other eating their dinner. Ziva was sitting staring into space.
"Hey Ziva, watcha thinking about?"
"something"
"what?"
"You know when we were in the hospital that time, near the vending machine and i asked you about soul mates?"
"Yeah, i was an idiot"
"So you do understand"
"Ziva, of course i understand"
"Have you met her yet?"
"or him" Tony said with a laugh, seeing Ziva frown he added "just joking"
"Well have you met your soulmate yet Tony?"
"Yeah, i think i have" Tony replied, Ziva's heart skipped a beat "What about you?"
"I think i have met my'n as well"
"Where is he?" Tony asked nervously, trying not to show it " in israel??"
"No, he is not, he is beside me" Ziva looked out the window again "what about you, is she just another bimbo?"
"NO definitely not, she's the most amazing, beautiful woman i have ever met, and I'm lucky enough to be sitting beside her"

Ziva smiled flirtatiously and leaned towards Tony who took her face in his hands and kissed her passionately on the lips.
What are they doing?? by PenMaster
Author's Notes:
Some one spots Ziva and Tony pashing, who was it???
Tony suddenly jerked back taking Ziva's hands from her back and held them in his.
"Tony, whats wrong?" SHe demanded
"This is moving to fast Zi, I'm not ready for this"
"You Don't want sex!" She replied, stunned
"No, i do, its just, i don't want, US to move to quickly"
"why?" Ziva said softly
"Because, Ziva, your the first girl i ever, Loved" Tony replied weakly
"And thats exactly why i love you too, because you care" Ziva replied smiling

Ziva kissed tony on the lips for what seemed like an eternity, then withdrew.
"Thats so you remember me"

Tony suddenly looked startled. Ziva, looked at him.
"What!" she demanded
"Abby, she and McGee were watching the surveillance placed in the apartment"

Ziva,'s draw dropped, They scrambled around the room for their cellphones which had been lost in the moment. Ziva, produced hers from underneath a cushion on the sofa. She dialed he number of Abby's Lab. it rung 6 or 7 times before someone answered.
"Abby shuito forensic scientist extrodinaire, how may i help you?" Abby answered panting
"Abby, we need you to delete the surveillance tapes from the apartment for the last 20 minutes"
"why?"
"just do it, we'll tell you later"

Ziva heard abby, tapping on the keyboard, then heard her gasp.
"You.. Tony... you... and Tony"
"can you delete it?"
"sure, wouldn't want you getting fired or anything, you know, with rule 12 and all"
"What about rule number 12?" Ziva, heard Gibbs ask, walking into Abby's lab
"um, i mean rule number 4 you know, always have your weapons available. i always get those 2 mixed up, Ziva forgot her knife" Abby said rather quickly
"Her knife?" GIbbs asked raising his eyebrows
"yes, her knife" abby said slowly " And.... McGee is going to drop it off, disguised as a...... sales-person selling...... bottles"
"Sure" Gibbs replied " whatever"

But Abby could tell, he didn't believe a word of it.

"Abby!" ZIva demanded on the other end of the line " are you still there?"
"wha.. yeah"
"Gibbs is gonna kill us"
"He won't have any proof, i just deleted the footage, no way to find it again, ever"
"thank you Abby, i will see you in the morning
Elevator date by PenMaster
Author's Notes:
Tony has a surprise for Ziva
Tony set up a fold out table and 2 chairs in the elevator, then put a single red rose in a vase on the table, he took out a huge saucpan of Pasta he’d made at home and spooned it into one huge bowl. He felt the elevator going down, that must me Ziva, he thought.
The doors slowly opened and revealed Ziva, looking stunning as always in a strapless black dress that flared out from her hips and ended just above the knees. Her Hair was in a stylish, straight high side ponytail, her ears bore gleaming diamond earings and her olive skin soft and smooth as ever.
Tony smiled when he saw her. She gasped when she saw what he’d done.
She stepped in and Tony shut down the elevator.
“Tony, this is so romantic!”
“Thanks, I thought we might go lady and tramp style” he told her nodding towards the huge bowl in the middle”
“Lady and the tramp?” she replied slowly
“It’s a movie… don’t worry” Tony replied smiling, taking Ziva’s hand in his across the table.

6 months Later

About everybody in NCIS knew about Tony and Ziva, except Gibbs, that is.
Tony had stopped teasing Ziva and Ziva had stopped Picking on Tony with McGee, Gibbs knew something was up.
“You two, over here” he ordered, calling them over to his desk, they dare’nt exchange worried glances.
“What is it Boss” Tnoy asked, smirking
“What is going on with you two?”
“What do you mean, nothing” Ziva replied quickly, a bit too quickly
“Look, if you don’t fess up now I’ll figure it out sooner or later?”
“Honestly boss, we don’t know what your talking about” Tony replied confidently

The next day Ziva arrived at work Glumly, she wouldn’t be able to spend the afternoon with Tony, she had a check up with her Dr.

That afternoon

Ziva pulled up outside Bethesda Naval hospital in her red mini cooper. She walked into the waiting room impatiently, eager for her name to be called so she could get it over with.

“Ms David” The nurse called, Ziva didn’t even bother to correct her to Dávid
Ziva put her wallet on the chair and then sat up on the bed waiting for the Dr to enter.
“Hello Ziva, my name is Dr Johansson, We’ll just take a few blood tests to make sure everything is going along normally”

“Sure” Ziva replied, the nurse took some blood then left the room. Ziva got out the book she was reading (American slang dictionary). After half an hr Dr Johanssen Returned.
“Well everything seems to be going along really well, You’re a little low on iron though so I got some vitamins for you to take, twice a day”

Ziva took the small green bottle from the Dr, the Label read prenatal vitamins.

“Prenatal vitamins?” Ziva asked quietly and slowly
“Yes, twice a day, just to make sure your getting the right nutrients to keep your baby healthy”
“Baby!” Ziva replied sharply, suddenly waking up to what she had just discovered

“Yes..” the Dr said kindly “Ms David, your pregnant, surely you knew?”
“No, does it look like I knew!!” Ziva yelled lashing out
“Well, I’d have to do an ultrasound to be sure, but I’d say almost 2 months”
“How can I be pregnant, we use a condom” Ziva wondered aloud
“They aren’t 100% effective you know” The Dr said
“What am I supposed to do, this is not what was meant to happen” Ziva whispered to herself

“Look, why don’t you take a while to get used to the idea, think over it, I can give you some brochures about your options, you can come back in a few weeks with the father ” The dr told her handing her a bunch of pamphlets.

“Thanks” Ziva replied softly “ I think” she added to herself
When Ziva got home she lay on her bed looking through the pamphlets; SO this is your first pregnancy; do’s and don’ts, I’m not ready to be a parents; the options available, Adoption; the joy of giving, I didn’t plan this pregnancy but…, SO I’m having a baby ;What to expect.

Ziva looked over them, she surely wasn’t ready to be a mum nad DInozzo was definitely not on the road to fatherhood, her heart sunk. How could she tell him, how would he react! Ziva thought about abortion, but she knew she couldn’t do it, maybe adoption? She thought, but how can I go through this whole pregnancy then give birth to baby I’ll never even see. Ziva broke down into tears, she called the only person she could; Abby.

Abby was over in an instant, after all she did live in the flats opposite Ziva.
“Ziva, are you home, what's up, are you ok?” She called from the corridor

Ziva got up to open the door. Her eyes were all red and puffy.

“Abby, what am I going to do” she whispered and fell into Abby’s arms in a fit of uncontrollable sobs.

“Hey Ziva, lets sit down, tell me what's wrong, I’m not gonna judge you ziva, come on, I’m your friend”

“Abby” Ziva choked out “I’m… i.. I’m pregnant” Abby gasped “and Tony is the father”
Ziva started crying again, after a few minutes she stopped.
“Ziva, this is about like the most important descision you will EVER make” Abby told her making eye contact.

“I know, But what am I supposed to do, how could I keep it Abby, but I couldn’t give it up for adoption and I don’t think I could go through with an abortion either”

“Ziva, I am not the right person to be talking about this with, you need to tell Tony”
“No Abby I can’t, he’ll go crazy, he’ll hate me”
“He won’t, trust me, How could he hate you, you didn’t do this alone, if you forgot it takes two people to make a baby”
Ziva rolled her eyes. “ Come on Abby, do you seriously think Tony could be a good father?”
“I never said that, not that he wouldn’t, I never said that, he probably would, he might need a little time to get used to the idea, but I know he loves you and he will want to be a part of whatever decision you make” Abby said kindly “I’m sorry Ziva, I’ve gotta go, but goodluck”
I gotta take some time by PenMaster
Author's Notes:
How will Tony deal with the baby news
Ziva just Sat on the couch, she sighed, The phone Rang, it was Tony,
“Hey Babe” He said
“Hello Tony” She replied miserably
“What's up?”
“oh nothing, it just that I’, really tired, I’m just aou to go to bed”
“Well, um can I come over, please ZI, I miss you”
Ziva smiled “Sure….. I need to talk to you about something anyway”
“um, ok I’ll be right over”

Ziva put the pamphlets in her bedside draw, then sat on the sofa, waiting for Tony to arrive, she subconsciously rested her hand on her abdomen, she looked down and rolled up her shirt, her abdomen did look slightly bloated, but anybody would think she’d just had a big meal. ‘What am I going to do, I don’t know how I could keep it, I’ve never even held a baby in my life’ she thought to herself.

Dinozzo knocked on the door, and turned his key, Ziva quickly rolled her top down.
He came in and wrapped his arms around her on the sofa,
“Hey, I brought some DVD’s to watch” He said with a smile, Ziva forced a smile back.
The movies he’d brought were; knocked up, 3 men and a baby and baby mama. She couldn’t do this anymore

“Tony, we need to talk”
“This doesn’t sound good” Tony replied looking worried
“Don’t worry I’m not breaking up with you, its just that I went to the Dr this afternoon and..”
“Are you sick?” Tony asked, taking her hand and looking into her eyes

“No Tony, can you just let me let you this without being interrupted” Ziva said rather sharply.
“And Tony, the Dr told me, I was pregnant, almost 2 months”
“But we used a condom?” Tony asked surprised
“Apparently they are not always effective”
“Are you going to, you know, get a..”

“No, I don’t think so, I just don’t think I could” Ziva replied, she noticed Tony’s grip on her hand was loosening.

“Ziva, I’m sorry, i.. I.. I’ve just gotta think about this, I I’ll call you, or see you at work, um” He said, letting go of her hand, he got up and left leaving his DvD’s and coat.
He'll come around by PenMaster
Author's Notes:
Ziva tries to get tony to talk about the pregnancy, will he come around?
" Abby! he completely blanked out, and then he just left"
"He left!" aby exclaimed on into the phone
"and he even left his dvd's"
"really?"
"yes abby, what am i going to do" Ziva cried "I can't do this alone"
"Just give him some time, he's just scared"
"Well so am i, but i didn't run away, i don't have that luxury, this baby is stuck with me whether i like it or not"

Tony and Ziva had avoided each other all week, until they were forced to speak to each other, but then they only said what they needed too.

A week later Ziva called the dr's office and made an appointment, she asked abby to go with her. Abby agreed, but had not intention of going.

"Tony, your the one that should be there holding her hand, your the father of that baby and YOU need to MAN UP!!!" Abby yelled at tony
"Abby, i'm not ready for this,i am so freaked out, i'm not ready fro this!"
"And you think Ziva is?"
"n no bu.. but"
"not buts tony, Ziva needs you, she is soo scared, i know you are too, but you need to pretend your not or something"
"Abby!" tony argued
"No tony, Ziva's Drs. appointment started in 30 minutes and YOU need to be there"
"I know, but... i'm so scared i'm going to stuff up taht baby's life!!"
Abby pulled tony into a hug
"Tony, you can do this, i know you can, you are going to be a great dad, now get your arse to that Dr's office now!"
"I know" replied tony as he ran from the room

Ziva sat alone in the waiting room, where was abby? she wondered

"Ziva david" the nurse called, "we're ready for you"

just as ziva was about to enter the office, tony came tearing up the corridor and grabbed Ziva's hand.

"I am soo so sorry, and if you never forgive me i will completely understand"
"Where's abby?"
"she isn't the one who should be here, we both know that. I am"
"I am soo scared tony, i don't know what to do"
"So am i" Tony admitted " but we could be scared together"

tony pulled ziva into a hug
"I love you tony"
"I love you too Zi"

They went into the dr's office and found her setting up the ultrasound machine. ZIva lay on the bed and tony stood beside her, holding her hand.

"So this is the father?" Dr johanssen asked
"Yes" ZIva replied

Ziva rolled up her shirt and the Dr placed a cool gel on her belly, her hand twitched at the touch of the cold.

"ok" Said the Dr moving the ultrasound wand over Ziva's belly "Everything looks fine"

Ziva smiled and looked up at tony, who was mesmerized by the picture on the screen

"SO have you given any thought to your options ZIva?"
"Um, yes I'm going to keep it" Ziva replied, smiling at tony

"Well, i guess a congratulations are in order" The dr said happliy " if you need any help or have any questions just call my office and get them to put you through"

"thank you"
" my pleasure, on your way out make another appointment about 2 months away"
"Will do" Tony told her, helping Ziva down from the bed
"I'll just print you each out a picture", she told them


Tony and Ziva walked out of the Dr's hand in hand, each with their baby's picture in their wallet.

"Hey Ziva"
"Yes"
"I know your scared, i am too, but i think we can do this"
"really?" Ziva asked "because to tell the truth tony, i've never even held a baby before"
"well neither have i, but there's a first time for everything"

Tony placed his hand on Ziva's stomach, he looked down and then up at Ziva"
"I Love you Zi, and... i love our baby too"
End Notes:
pLeASe rEvIeW

P.s. do you think Tony and Ziva's baby should be a boy or a girl???
This story archived at http://www.ncisfiction.com/viewstory.php?sid=3239