The Indestructible part 2 by scooter516
Summary:
Categories: Gen Characters: Leroy Jethro Gibbs, Anthony DiNozzo, Abby Sciuto
Genre: Drama
Pairing: None
Warnings: Dark story
Challenges:
Series: None
Chapters: 1 Completed: No Word count: 440 Read: 1037 Published: 08/29/2009 Updated: 08/29/2009

1. The Indestructible part 2 by scooter516

The Indestructible part 2 by scooter516
Abby was glad to be back in her lab. To some, home is a house but to Abby Sciuto, home was test tubes, computers and a caf pow.

Her stomach back to normal and her strength back to where it normally was, Abby was sorting through Ziva David's clothing. A black skin tight moc, a pair of moussad issue cargo pants, a pair of moussad issue combat boots, one pair of black socks, and a pair of cotton underwear.

it was all; sort of creepy, turning someone into a biological weapon but making them immune to the virus on theri person.

As she swabbed each of the pieces of clothing, she could hear DiNozzo coughing in the back ground as he fought off the last vestiges of the H1N1 he caught from carrying Ziva out of the ships cargo hold.

The virus had hit Abby hardest. She was almost sick with worry since Ziva had not come back with the rest of Gibbs' team from Tel Aviv. It's always the worriers that get hit the hardest.

She put the swab a piece microscope slip. She set her eye in ther middle of the viewer.

She stepped away from the microscope and backed into Gibbs.

-----

Ziva was staring into the computer in front of her, doing nothing in particular, when Gibbs put his hand on her shoulder.

"Gibbs, I..."

The words just didn't want to come out right.

Gibbs knelt down face to face with Ziva and leaned forward to kiss her on the forehead.

"Toda," Ziva said (Thank you).

"Al-Lo-Davar," Gibbs said back (You're welcome).

Gibbs looked her in the eyes and she began to crack. She never cracked, almost never cracked.

"You owe him something," he told her.

Ziva got up and went to the elevator.

"Ziva, I want to know who did this. Find him."

-----

Tony DiNozzo was trying to get the phlegm free from his chest. It was better than the blood he had coughed out years earlier.

The slap on the back of his head seemed to do that.

"Thanks Gibbs."

The face staring at him was broken and torn. She did not look like the woman he thought he knew, the one who told him she would never trust him. She was looking for something or trying to say something.

"Tony, I..."

"I know. I owe you more than you owe me."

Around the corner, Gibbs was listening. He was smiling. Vance was now in Los Angeles, and he had his own team back in place, albeit a bit fractured.
This story archived at http://www.ncisfiction.com/viewstory.php?sid=3311