Life Changing Events by Gibbs_Gurl
Summary: Gibbs life was as good as anybody expected it to be until his most recent ex-wife shows up and tells him that he has a daughter who is in danger and he needs to keep her till Steph can get her life back on track. There is just one catch, he never looks at the girl till after the ex-wife leaves and he realizes Young three year old Melody has Down Syndrome. What happens when the mother never comes back? Read to find out!
Categories: Gen Characters: Abby Sciuto, Anthony DiNozzo, Donald Mallard, Jimmy Palmer, Leroy Jethro Gibbs, Original character, Timothy McGee, Ziva David
Genre: Action, Angst, Drama
Pairing: None
Warnings: None
Challenges:
Series: None
Chapters: 1 Completed: No Word count: 246 Read: 1792 Published: 10/06/2009 Updated: 10/06/2009

1. Life Changing Events by Gibbs_Gurl

Life Changing Events by Gibbs_Gurl
Author's Notes:
Gibbs life was as good as anybody expected it to be until his most recent ex-wife shows up and tells him that he has a daughter who is in danger and he needs to keep her till Steph can get her life back on track.

There is just one catch, he never looks at the girl till after the ex-wife leaves and he realizes Young three year old Melody has Down Syndrome.

What happens when the mother never comes back? Read to find out!
Gibbs was in a particulary good mood one day. So good in fact that he decided that he needed to bond with his team outside of the office.

So he had them all over for a football game. Penn State was playing Ohio State, and even though those two teams were nobodies favorite they still knew that it would be a game worth watching.

It was currently halftime and the gang had already gone through two pizzas and were working on the third when the doorbell rang, signaling someone's arrival.

Gibbs got up and answered the door, slightly surprised to see his most recent ex-wife Stephanie standing there with a child wrapped in a blanket in her arms.

"Stephanie, what are you doing here with a kid at this time of night?" Gibbs asked, slightly irritated. She had interrupted the game after all.

Stephanie looked terrified which concerned Gibbs a bit.

"I need you to watch Melody for a few days, please?" She asked urgently.

"Do I look like a babysitter to you?" Gibbs asked. He was about ready to blow his top.

Thankfully his team was now standing in the doorway of the lounge ready to come help him if needed.

"Remember when I came over one day about two weeks ago?"

"Yeah, and you pulled my hair!" Gibbs yelled causing Melody to jerk in her sleep.

Stephanie bounced the child until she was sure she was calm then said

"I'm sorry about the Jethro, but it was for a DNA test. Jethro, Melody is your daughter."
This story archived at http://www.ncisfiction.com/viewstory.php?sid=3366