The Ex-Twilight by katetodd4eva
Summary: a case brings back an ex into Gibbs' life.
Categories: Gibbs/Kate Characters: Abby Sciuto, Anthony DiNozzo, Donald Mallard, Jenny Shephard, Kate Todd, Leroy Jethro Gibbs, Timothy McGee
Genre: Case, Episode Related, Established relationship
Pairing: Gibbs/Kate
Warnings: None
Challenges:
Series: None
Chapters: 4 Completed: No Word count: 5562 Read: 7393 Published: 10/22/2009 Updated: 11/30/2009
Story Notes:

1. The Ex-Twilight by katetodd4eva

2. Chapter 2 by katetodd4eva

3. Chapter 3 by katetodd4eva

4. Chapter 4 by katetodd4eva

The Ex-Twilight by katetodd4eva
Author's Notes:
a case brings back an ex into Gibbs' life.
This would have to be the worst case Kate has ever been on. In all her 5 years at working at NCIS she has never had a case that has pulled at her heart strings more then this one…and for the wrong reasons.
It started off with a marine killed on an army base. Then a visit to a Major Swagnor who says he was on a date with a Stephanie Flynn.
“ Stephanie Bronwyn Flynn?” Gibbs asks Swagnor.
“ You know her?” Kate asks surprised at Gibbs’ reaction to the name.
“ Uh huh. I was married to her” he says softly. Kate was shocked at this. They soon arrived back at NCIS HQ they went straight to the Directors office, ignoring any comments or questions that they received from Tony and McGee.
“ Do you think he should divorce himself from this case Agent Todd?” Director Shepard asked with a grin on her face.
“ No director” Kate answered immediately.
“ Nor do I. I don’t see any problems if you conduct the interviews. DO you have a problem with Agent Todd interviewing your ex-wife agent Gibbs?”
“ Do I have a choice?” he asked, knowing what the answer will be.
“ No” replied both women in unison.
“ Problem solved” Director Shepard said with a smile as they both turned and left her office. They went back to the bullpen and explained what they had discovered. They all made their way to interrogation except for Gibbs.
Kate entered the room and saw a Red head sitting cross legged on the seat. She had to admit she fairly pretty. Gibbs did have good taste, she had to give him that.
“ What time did Major Swagnor arrive at your house?” Kate asked the women, the hole time she couldn’t help thinking what had happened between her and Gibbs.
“ How long where you and Gibbs married for?” she asked not even thinking about the question or the consequence. Tony and McGee looked at each other not sure of what she was doing.
“ 14 months” she finally answered. Soon enough Gibbs burst through the door of the interrogation room with two cups of coffee in his hands. He puts one on the table for Stephanie and hands the other to Kate. Stephanie got up from her chair and followed Gibbs. Kate stayed back not wanting anything to do with it. She could tell they were
Having a conversation that was long over due. Kate couldn’t take much more of it and decided to go see Ducky.

*autopsy*
“ Ducky” Kate called out as soon as she entered autopsy.
“ Right here. No need to shout” he said with a little chuckle in his voice.
“ What can I do for you?” he asked looking at a very stressed Kate.
“ I just had to interrogate Gibbs’ ex-wife number 3. I just need someone to talk to” she said walking around.
“ Well you’ve come to the right place” he said.
“ About Jethro” Kate finished her sentence. She had not called him Gibbs, which Ducky picked up on and knew exactly what she wanted to know.
With enough probing Kate got what she wanted out of him.
“ Divorced 3 times, married 4” he said mater of factly.
“ Jethro’s married?” Kate exclaimed as she was now dating someone who was still married.
“ Oh good heavens no” he said with a little laugh at her reaction.
“ Then what…oh” Kate finally realises what is meant by married 4.
“ Oh my god what happened?”
“ Hi wife witnessed a murder, correctly identified him and he went after her and his only daughter” Ducky said, recalling it like it only happened weeks ago.
“ What was her name?”
“ Shannon was his wife and Kelly was his daughter”
“ He named the boat after Kelly” she said. Just then Gibbs walked through the door wanting to know if Ducky ad found anything odd with the body. Kate did not look at him and when she did she only felt pain. She left with Gibbs to pay the Director another visit.
They exited the Directors office and headed towards the bullpen. Kate went to head for the stairs when Gibbs stopped her and re-directed her to the elevator. The doors dinged opened and they stepped inside. As soon as the doors were closed Gibbs flipped the emergency switch which stopped the elevator from moving.
“ You gonna tell me?” he asked gruffly.
“ Tell you what?”
“ What’s bugging you”. Her cover was blown. He knew that something was wrong with her.
“ How long have we been together for?” she asks hoping for the right answer. Gibbs moves and flicks the switch off. Kate sighs and switches on.
“ Weeks” he finally replies, looking at her.
“ Months” she says correcting him.
“ Meaning many weeks” he tries to save himself.
“ We’ve shared a lot haven’t we”
“ Yeah”
“ Divorced 3 times” she says slowly.
“ I told you that” he points out not knowing where this is going.
“ Married 4. You never told me about your first wife Shannon or that you had a daughter Kelly. Why Jethro?” she says with pleading eyes.
“ They’re dead, end of story. I put it behind me” he said turning away from her.
“ Have you?” she pushes. He reaches for the switch again. She knows she went over board with that comment.
“ Jet” she says softly but he doesn’t look at her. She feels bad for bringing it up but for this relationship to work he has to be truthful with her and keeping something like that from her isn’t being truthful.

The case is over and no more Stephanie Flynn and so to celebrate Gibbs took her out to diner. They arrived back at Gibbs’ house and down to the basement.
“ A romantic night out ends in your basement, who would of thought” Kate says as Gibbs leads her down the stairs.
They reach the bottom and head towards the boat when they are stopped in their tracks but Stephanie, who has obviously had a drink or two.
Kate isn’t very surprised that she is here unexpectantly. Stephanie holds up a pair of keys.
“ I thought I lost them” Gibbs said as she handed them to him.
“ I don’t need them anymore. I should go” she says making her way up the stairs. Gibbs turns to Kate and she just nods her head. He follows Stephanie out to accompany her to her car.
While Kate waited for Gibbs to return she decided to look around his workshop. It’s a bit different from what she remembers from last time. She looked through drawings of designs for his boats. She then came across a tape and a very old tape player. She put it in and played it. The music that came out was beautiful. Played on a piano the nursery rhyme ‘hush little baby’. Kate smiled to herself. Then the music stopped and a little voice filled the basement.
“ What do you think Daddy. I got second place” the young girl’s voice said with excitement.
“ Jethro you would of loved it” a woman’s voice then said. Kate stands up straight as the realization of who is on this tape sinks in. She turns around and see’s Gibbs sitting on the stairs looking at his hands. He looks up at her and she can see the hurt in his eyes.
“ Gibbs I…I’m sorry” she said then ran past him and out of his house. He sat there in silence as he listened to her car leave.
End Notes:
Chapter 2 by katetodd4eva
Author's Notes:
a happy ending...or not?
Weeks past and the only words shared between the two were to do with work and nothing else.
It wasn’t until Kate was almost killed during a shoot out on the roof with Ari’s men that Gibbs finally realised how much he cared about Kate. He sits back in his seat starring at the blank computer screen.

EARLIER
“ Shooter” Kate yells as she drops her shot gun and jumps in front of Gibbs as a shooter behind a tin door takes a shot at him. Gibbs turned around to see Kate fall to the ground. He shot the person responsible for shooting her, then made sure there was no one else. He and Tony made their way over to Kate. Gibbs turned over her limp body to find the bullet caught in her vest.
“ Aww’ Kate moaned as a hand went to her head. Tony and Gibbs helped her up onto her feet, and she brushed herself off. As Tony and Kate we saying how close that was Gibbs’ gut was turning. He grabbed Kate’s arm and pulled her down. Seconds later a gun shot was heard and a bullet whizzed past them.

PRESENT

He opened his eyes and knew what he had to do. There was only one thing to do.
He went down to autopsy.
“ Ducky” he calls out as he enters the doors.
“ Jethro” Ducky replies.
“ Where’s Kate?” he asks looking around the room.
“ She went home about half an hour ago. I told her she should go to the hospital but she insisted that she was fine” he explained to Gibbs. Gibbs turned to leave when he was stopped by Ducky’s question.
“ Is everything alright Jethro?”
“ I hope so” he said before leaving.
**
Kate sits on her couch with a wine glass in her hand and soft jazz music playing. She is trying to forget the events of today. Her thoughts are interrupted by a knock at her door.
“ Gibbs” she exclaimed as she saw him standing there.
“ Can I come in?”
“ Sure” she said standing aside to let him in. He walked straight into the lounge room where he observed his surroundings.
“ Is that what your using to make that headache disappear?” he asks looking at the glass of wine, next to a half empty bottle.
“ Gibbs what I do is none of your business. No what do you want?” she said walking over to the lounge and sitting back down.
“ To talk” he simply said.
“ Well talk” she ordered him. She doesn’t know why she was being so mean. Maybe it’s the fact that he lied to her or the fact that she saved his life and she didn’t even get a thankyou, although he did save her life to.
“ Kate, I’m sorry. I didn’t want you to find out like that. I didn’t want you to find out at all” .
“ But why. I just don’t get why Jethro” she said sadly.
“ I didn’t want you to feel sorry for me like everyone else does. I didn’t want it to stop us from being us, but it did” he continued looking at her. Kate was watching him in amazement. She has never seen him like this, so open and emotional. Maybe the scare on the roof top changed him.
“ Katie out of all the things I want to tell you there is one that has been long overdue…I love you” he said it was ease. His eyes filled with so much love and hurt. Kate gasped at the sound of the 3 words.
“ Jethro, I love you” she said getting up off the lounge to hug and kiss him.
“ Kate there is something else” he says as he lets her go and holds her hands. He gets down on one knee.
“ Kate, I want you to be my last and I want it to be for the rest of our lives. Will you marry me?” he asks pulling out a little whit fuzzy box that held a beautiful gold diamond ring.
“ Oh my god Gibbs. Yes, yes” she replies pulling Gibbs off his knee and kisses him again.
“ That’s a very nice ring, I must say” came that voice they both knew and hated. They turned around and saw the man who they were hunting earlier today.
“ Didn’t your mother ever teach you to lock your door Caitlin” he said with a grin.
“ What do you want?” Kate said calmly. Gibbs stared at him watching his body language and taking in the gun slung over his shoulder. He saw Ari snarl.
“ You dead” he said slyly before raising his gun and shooting. Gibbs fell to the ground taking Kate with him. He reached onto his belt and grabbed his gun and shot at Ari, hitting him in the chest.
Gibbs slowly stood up and paced over to where Ari’ body laid. He kicked his foot to see if he was actually dead, thankfully he was.
Kate slowly got up holding her head.
“ Is he dead?” she asked looking at Gibbs.
“ Yes” he said. He turned around and saw her holding her head. He went over to her and put an arm around her to help her stay up.
“ Are you ok?”
“ I think I should go to the hospital now” she said with a laugh. Gibbs smiled and kissed her forehead.
The sound of sirens could be heard in the far distance. Kate’s neighbours would have called them after hearing the gun shots.
Chapter 3 by katetodd4eva
Author's Notes:
Kate's pregnant,what could happen?
It has been a big week for Gibbs. Chasing some one who doesn’t want to be found, its like looking for a needle in a haystack. Funnily enough that’s exactly where they found him, and just in time for the weekend to.
He walks inside and drops his things by the door.
“ Kate” he calls out seeing the hallway light on. He walks down the hall and see’s the bedroom light on. He walks in and see’s her packing clothes into a bag.
“ Where are you going?’ he asked.
“ To Abby’s” she simply said.
“ Why? Katie?” he said walking closer to her.
“ Why? Let me ask a question. Do you want this baby Jethro?”
“ Yes of course I do” he said stepping towards her. She steps back from him.
“ Well when are you going to start acting like it. Do you even remember what today was?” she asked starring at him. She could his brain ticking over trying to remember what today was.
“ Our first ultra sound. I told you about it days ago and you promised that you would make it”. She just wanted to cry so much but she held it in. She had to be strong.
“ Katie I’m so sorry. I just”
“ Got caught up with work, yeah I know. It always seems to be work” she said cutting him off.
“ Kate you know how hard it is to get away” he said following her down the hall.
“ I did know, but how hard is it to leave Tony in charge with two other agents spare while you are gone for 45 minutes, an hour tops” she said almost yelling at him. She grabbed her phone, the charger and her car keys. He couldn’t find the words to explain that.
“ I thought you were serious about this, but I was wrong” she said then walked out. Gibbs followed her out.
“ Kate wait. Kate, please” he called after her. She stopped and turned around just as she reached her car.
“ Come back inside and we can talk about it”
“ Jethro I’m sick of talking. Your all talk and no action” she got in the car and left.
He watched as his wife and child left him, for the second time.
‘ She didn’t even tell me where she was going’ he thought to himself. He walked inside and it didn’t take him long before she had figured out where she would go.
“ Abby” he said into the phone.
“ Oh hey Gibbs, what’s up?” she said in her cheery voice.
“ Is Kate staying at yours?” he asked.
“ Yeah she is”
“ You have to tell her to come home”
“ Gibbs this is between you and her, I’m just letting her stay here I don’t want to get involved”
“ Abby you are involved” he pointed out.
“ I’m sorry Gibbs I have o go” she said then hung up on him.
“ Abby” he yelled trying to keep her on the phone. He slammed the phone down when he realised she was gone. He doesn’t know what to do. He walks over to the lounge and flops down onto it. He looks at his phone and decides to try and call Kate.
“ Hey you have reached Caitlin Gibbs’ phone, I cant come to the phone right now, leave a message and I’ll get back to you Beep”. He hung up knowing that she would not return his calls.

Abby opened the door and helped Kate with her bags.
“ Thankyou so much for letting me stay here. I don’t think I could have survived with my mum or sister” Kate said with a small smile. Abby gave her a sympathetic smile.
“ I’m happy to help” she said. Abby showed Kate her room, it was the only normal bedroom in her house. Kate put her bags on the bed, sat down next to them and sighed.
“ I just don’t see why he would let this happen” she said softly.
“ I’m sure he didn’t mean it. He has been very busy” Abby said trying to stick up for Gibbs.
“ Abby he missed our first ultra sound. I had reminded him weeks in advanced and he still didn’t make it. He has done some things in the past that were forgivable but this, this I cannot ignore” she said holding back tears.
“ Kate I’m sorry. He’ll come around, I’m sure of it” Abby said sitting down next to Kate.
“ How can you be so sure?”
“ Kate you are his world and although it doesn’t seem like it he does care about this baby. He is just scared that’s all” she explained to Kate. Kate nodded knowing what Abby was talking about.
“ Thanks again Abs” she said. Abby put an arm around her and Kate leaned into letting the tears she was holding back fall.

“ Morning Gibbs” a cheerful Ziva greeted him as he entered the bullpen. She didn’t get a reply not even a look. Ziva looked over at Tony who was looking at Gibbs then looked back Ziva. Tony mouthed ‘Kate’ towards Ziva. Ziva nodded her head realising what he was talking about.
“ DiNozzo” Gibbs growled.
“ Yes boss” Tony said looking at Gibbs.
“ Mind your own business”
“ Yes boss, of course” he replied not wanting to anger him anymore.

For months Kate and Gibbs were apart and neither of them could handle it but Kate could not find it in her heart to forgive him until he could prove he wanted the baby as much as she does.
It is coming up to the 7th month.
“ So how’s Kate?” Tony asked as he entered Abby’s lab.
“ She’s good” Abby said with a smile.
“ Is she really big?’ Tony asked almost laughing at the thought of Kate with a huge stomach.
“ Not really, I mean obviously she’s bigger then normal but she’s a good size. If I was pregnant I would want to look like her” Abby said not realising Gibbs had walked into the lab.
“ Is that so?” he said softly.
“ Hey Gibbs” Abby said still happy.
“ I was just leaving” Tony said feeling the tension in the room and left.
“ You know he just cares about her. We all do” Abby said facing Gibbs.
“ Yeah, I know. How is she?” he asked. Abby smiled.
“ She’s fine and so is the baby. She goes for afternoon walks and always has diner ready when I come home”. She see’s the hope in his eyes and the hurt.
“ She misses you Gibbs. She doesn’t know it but I hear her pray for you” she told him. He looked at her in disbelief.
“ She cries herself to sleep. Gibbs you need to fix this” Abby said almost pleading him.
“ Yeah” he said, kissed her on the cheek and left.
Gibbs entered the bullpen, grabbed his things from his desk.
“ DiNozzo, your in charge” he said then left.
“ Is he kidding?” Tony asked no one in particular.
“ I don’t think so” McGee said.

“ God damit Gibbs, turn your phone on” Abby yells into her phone as she speeds towards NCIS HQ. She stormed into the bullpen.
“ Where’s Gibbs?” she said almost yelling.
“ I haven’t seen him since he left yesterday” Tony answered her.
“ Well I need him now” she said.
“ Abby what’s wrong?” McGee asked coming out from behind his desk.
“ It’s Kate. She’s…she’s in the hospital”
“ What??” they heard a voice yell from behind them. They all turn around to see Gibbs making his way to them.
“ Why is your phone turned off?” Abby asked.
“ Abby!” he yells at her.
“ She’s at Bethesda. She started having contractions Gibbs” Abby tells him. Gibbs runs out as quick as he ran in.
“ Isn’t it to early for contractions, she’s only at 7 months” McGee said.
“ Thanks for pointing that out McGee” Tony said.

Gibbs screeches to a stop at the front of Bethesda. He runs inside up to the front desk.
“ Can I help you sir?” a young nurse asked.
“ Caitlin Gibbs, where is she?” he demands.
“ Are you a relative sir?” the nurse asks casually.
“ I’m her bloody husband, now where is she?” he barks.
“ Ok, she’s in room 206”
“ Which is where?”
“ Just around the corner” she points and Gibbs takes off in that direction. He stopped as he saw 206 on a closed door to his right. He knocked softly.
“ Come in” he heard a soft voice say. He opened the door slowly and saw his beautiful wife laying in the hospital bed, a bump showing.
“ Jethro, what are you doing here?” she said trying to sit up properly.
“ Abby told me what happened. I wanted to see if your ok” he said moving towards her bed.
“ Every things fine” she said looking at him. It has been months since she has seen him. She doesn’t want to admit it but she has missed him. She hasn’t stopped thinking about him since she left. He sits down on the side of her bed. He cant take his eyes of her. She is just as beautiful as when she left, maybe more. She has a certain glow to her.
“ What?” she asked softly.
“ Your just so…beautiful” he says quietly. Kate smiles at him and he smiles back. She can take it anymore. She wants to be home with him, with her husband.
“ I’m so sorry Jethro” she said.
“ Katie” he started to say.
“ Jethro I want you, I need you. I can’t do this on my own. I was selfish for leaving. I love you Jethro” she said. He moved up closer to her, kissed and hugged her.
“ I love you to” he said kissing her again.
They sat there holding each other, while listening to the baby’s heart beat.
“Girl or Boy?” he asks placing his hand on Kate’s stomach. Kate smiled.
“ Girl” she said with a bright smile on her face. She saw Gibbs’ face light up as she told him.
Chapter 4 by katetodd4eva
Author's Notes:
What happens when one of Gibbs' family members is hurt????
The elevator doors dinged open and out stepped a 17 year old girl with a school bag on her back. She walks toward the bullpen.
“ Tony where’s mum” she says standing in front of his desk. Tony looked up from the report he was reading.
“ Sarah what are you doing here? And what happened to you?” he said getting up off his chair and walking over to her.
“ Its nothing. So where’s mum?” she asked again.
“ I’m not sure, in a meeting somewhere. You should really get Ducky to look at that” he said looking at her lip and cheek. Kate then walked into the bullpen.
“ Sarah what are you doing here? Why aren’t you at school?” she asked.
“ Mum” she exclaimed and ran to her and hugged her.
“ Hey what’s wrong?” she asked pulling Sarah off her to look at her. That’s when she saw what was wrong.
“ What happened to you? Who did this?” she asked. Kate took her to her desk and sat her down. Kate knelt down in front of her.
“ It was Jason. I told him it was either me or his football and he hit me saying that I don’t have a right to threaten him” she told Kate.
“ Have you been home yet?” Kate asked.
“ No I came straight here”
“ Good, I don’t think your dad will take this to well” she said standing up. She looked around the bullpen.
“ Ziva can you take Sarah down to Ducky” she said looking towards her old desk.
“ Sure” Ziva replied getting up from her seat and took Sarah downstairs. Kate sat down on her seat and put her head in her hands.
“ Are you ok Kate?” McGee asked.
“ Do you know how hard it is to protect your daughter McGee. Protect her from the violent men out there. Protect her while your at work and she’s at school” she said looking at him.
“ No, no I don’t” he replied.
“ Then no I’m not ok. Her own boyfriend hit her and now I have to tell Jethro” she said looking at him.
“ And we all know how well that will go down” Tony added.
“ Exactly. There is no way we can hide it, I mean you saw her face plus I could never lie to him especially not about this” she said.
“ About what?” came the deep voice she was not ready to hear yet.
“ Nothing for you to worry about” she said getting up off her chair and kissing him.
“ What are you doing here? I thought you were going spend today at home in the garden” she said.
“ I am, I just had to get more seeds then thought I would drop in” he said. Kate smiled at him and kissed him again. Ever since he retired he has been happier and more romantic then ever. Then Ziva and Sarah walked back into the bullpen.
“ Dad what are you doing here?” Sarah said surprised.
“ I could ask you the same question” he replied. It was then he looked at her lip and cheek. He walked towards her to get a better look.
“ Who did this to you?” he asked touching her face lightly. She looked away from him.
“ Sarah” he said.
“ It was Jason” she finally told him. The anger building up in him could be felt through out the rom. Kate stepped next to Gibbs and took his hand.
“ Jethro calm down, we’ll deal with it” she told him.
“ Kate he hit our daughter, do not tell me to calm down. Where is he?” he asked Sarah. She was still shocked at her dads reaction. She has never seen him like this. She knew he overreacted but never like this.
“ Sarah where is he?” he ordered.
“ At school. Probably on the oval” she said quickly. Gibbs turned and walked towards the elevator. Kate got a bad feeling.
“ Sarah stay here” she said grabbing her bag and coat and chasing after Gibbs.
“ You are one lucky kid you know” Tony said once they were gone.
“ Why’s that?” Sarah asked.
“ Well when I tired to kiss a girl she kicked me in the…”
“ Below the belt” Sarah says with a grin
“ Painfully below. I went home and told my parents and you know what they did. They laughed.” He told her.
“ Tony I think your situation was completely different to Sarah’s” McGee pointed out. They laughed in agreement.
“ I’m going to visit Abby, is that ok?” Sarah asked.
“ Yeah sure” Ziva said with a smile.

Gibbs pulled up out the front of the school. He jumped out of the car and slammed the door behind him. Kate followed quickly behind him.
They made their way to the football oval at the back of the school. They could see him throwing footballs across the field. He was finishing up and heading towards the showers when Gibbs and Kate reached him.
“ Jason” Kate called out after him as they moved closer. Jason stopped and turned around to see Kate and Gibbs coming towards him.
“ Hey” he said with a smile. Gibbs walked right up to him.
“ Do you get a kick out of smacking your girlfriend” Gibbs said seriously.
“ I don’t know what your talking about” Jason said turning away from him. Gibbs’ anger got the best of him as he grabbed Jason and held him up against the wall. Kate got out her phone and opened the picture of Sarah’s face and showed Jason.
“ Still don’t know what we are talking about?” Gibbs asked. Jason looked away from the picture.
“ You don’t understand” he started to say but Gibbs pushed him harder against the wall.
“ There is no reason you should hit a girl, especially a 17 year old girl. If you touch her again I swear to god I will hunt you down and make you wish you had never met her” he told him. Gibbs let him go and walked back towards the car.
“ Jethro” Kate said as they got into the car.
“ Don’t” was all he said.
“ Don’t what?”
“ I know what your going to say and I don’t want to hear it”
“ All I was going to say was you should of hit him” she said. Gibbs couldn’t believe what she just said. Kate is normally the mediator of most situations. He smiled and gave a little chuckle, he grabbed Kate’s hand and squeezed it.

Sarah was sitting on her bed looking at the photos of her and Jason. She wanted to cry but couldn’t. She wanted to rip the photos up but couldn’t. She was so confused and scared at the same time. There was so much more she wanted to tell her parents but didn’t know how and was scared of their reaction. A knock at her door interrupted her thoughts.
“ Come in” she said putting down the photo she was holding. Kate walked in and sat down next to Sarah on her bed.
“ Are you ok?” she ask softly.
“ Yeah. I just don’t know what to do” Sarah said.
“ I know its hard to understand why he did it but believe me your better off without him” Kate said.
“ Mum I just don’t know why he said he loved me but then hurt me. Dad hasn’t hurt you has he?” she asked looking up at Kate.
“ No, well not physically anyway” Kate said grabbing Sarah’s hand. Sarah gave her small smile.
“ Well I should let you get some sleep” Kate said kissing Sarah on the forehead then getting up. Kate was just at the door when Sarah stopped her.
“ Mum wait. There’s something else” she said.
“ What is it?” she asked moving back towards the bed.
“ Well…I didn’t want to tell you while Dad was around because it’s kind of embarrassing” she said not looking at her mum.
“ Sweetie you can tell me anything” Kate said. Sarah drew in a deep breath and let it out.
“ Ok. Don’t overreact ok”. Kate nodded.
“ I’m not a virgin anymore” she said. Kate smiled at her not knowing what to say.
“ But the thing is I didn’t want to do it. He…he forced himself” Sarah couldn’t continue as she remembered that night.
“ He rapped you?” Kate said. Sarah shook her head.
“ No, it wasn’t liked that”
“ Sarah you didn’t want it yet he continued. If he was decent he would of waited” Kate told her. Sarah didn’t say anything. She knew her mum was right.
“ Get some sleep” She said and kissed her on the forehead. Kate got up to leave again.
“ Mum, don’t hurt him” Sarah said. Kate just nodded her head and closed the door behind her. She stood there trying to come to terms with what her daughter just told her. She cant even think how bad it must have been for her. It was then that Kate’s heart rate started to speed up and her protective motherly instincts kicked in. She walked down the hall, grabbed her hand bag including her gun. Gibbs turned away from the tv when he heard rummaging around behind him.
“ Kate, what are you doing?” he asked getting up off the lounge.
“ I’m going to take care of Jason so he can’t hurt anyone else” she said and turned for the door. Gibbs grabbed her arm to stop her.
“ Kate I think your overreacting. We sorted him out before now just let it go” he told her. Kate shook her head. She could feel the tears and hurt welling up inside of her.
“ You don’t understand” she said.
“ Well then tell me” he ordered. Kate looked at him with hurt in her eyes.
“ Kate!” he said becoming impatient. Kate couldn’t take it. She let the tears fall heavily.
“ He…rapped our little girl Jethro” she cried. He didn’t know what to say. He thought about it for a bit and realised she was overreacting. He wrapped his arms around her.
“ He rapped her” she cried out again.
“ Katie let go of your gun” he said softly. She dropped the gun to the ground. She couldn’t believe what she was going to do. She hid her face in Gibbs chest, still crying. He held her tight and kissed her head.
Today had been so stressful for the both of them and what Sarah had told her just pushed her over the egde.