I Don't Wanna Miss a Thing by Outside Edge
Summary: It's late but Tony can't sleep
Categories: Gibbs/DiNozzo Characters: Anthony DiNozzo, Leroy Jethro Gibbs
Genre: Character study, Established relationship
Pairing: Gibbs/DiNozzo
Warnings: None
Challenges:
Series: None
Chapters: 1 Completed: Yes Word count: 429 Read: 3904 Published: 02/14/2010 Updated: 02/14/2010
Story Notes:
Disclaimer - don't own them just borrow them from time to time.

Lyrics - Aerosmith (but you knew that!)

1. I Don't Wanna Miss a Thing by Outside Edge

I Don't Wanna Miss a Thing by Outside Edge
Author's Notes:
It's late but Tony can't sleep
I could stay awakejust to hear you breathing
Watch you smile while you are sleepin
While you're far away and dreamin


I study him while he's sleeping; it's the only time I can do this. If he were awake he'd demand "What?" in that no-compromising tone of his and I'd stammer "N-n-nothing Boss." and then I'd see him inwardly preen himself because he knew that I knew that he knew that I find him irresistibly handsome.

He sleeps like a log, he stays where he is put, no movement, unlike me who can fidget like hell to get comfortable and then he'll growl, roughly, "What's a matter with you DiNozzo, ants in your goddamn pants?" and I know that I've woken him up and he's pissed about it and then I feel bad and try to stay still, but it's so hard.

The only time I've seen him move in his sleep was when I took all the covers. I nearly got a friction burn on my neck when he yanked them back. Needless to say I've solved that little problem now; a king sized quilt on a queen sized bed, enough overhang for both of us.

The moonlight through the open windows casts an eerie glow on his profile and accentuates his silver hair. "My silver fox." Abby calls him. I have to agree; I can't find another analogy that fits him so well.

I long to run my fingertips down his cheek, to trace his bone structure; to know every nuance of his features. I yearn to follow this discovery with my lips delivering featherlike kisses all over his body. That will have to wait until later.

The scars don't really bother me; they speak of someone willing to sacrifice his life for someone else. Sometimes I trace them with my tongue and kiss them as though to make them better. He always looks at me quizzically afterwards; I can't explain why I feel the need to do this.

His breathing is a slow measured rumble. He never snores, never seems to deviate. I tell a lie here, there was a time when he'd wake with a start, tangles in the sheets, his breathing hard and ragged, and sweat dripping from his body. I would hold him soothe him, whisper sweet nothings in his ear until he finally relaxed back into sleep safe in the warm cocoon of my embrace. He never told me what those nightmares were about, I never asked. They have stopped now.

Don't wanna close my eyes
I don't wanna fall asleep
Cause I'll miss you babe
And I don't wanna miss a thing.
End Notes:
Disclaimer - don't own them just borrow them from time to time.

Lyrics - Aerosmith (but you knew that!)
This story archived at http://www.ncisfiction.com/viewstory.php?sid=3582