Didn't Know by AriannaDiNozzo
Summary: There were many things about Tony that people didn't know.He'd worked hard to keep them to himself.His secrets were about to spill out. And EVERYONE was in for a surprise.He was still the Tony they knew & loved & yet his was totally different.TD/ZD TM/OC
Categories: Gen, Het, Other Het Pairings Characters: Abby Sciuto, Anthony DiNozzo, Leroy Jethro Gibbs, Original character, Timothy McGee, Ziva David
Genre: Action, Romance
Pairing: Abby/OMC, McGee/OFC, DiNozzo/Ziva
Warnings: Violence
Challenges:
Series: None
Chapters: 5 Completed: No Word count: 14012 Read: 13623 Published: 03/13/2010 Updated: 03/15/2010

1. Prologue by AriannaDiNozzo

2. Chapter One by AriannaDiNozzo

3. Chapter Two by AriannaDiNozzo

4. Chapter Three by AriannaDiNozzo

5. Chapter Four by AriannaDiNozzo

Prologue by AriannaDiNozzo
Author's Notes:
There were many things about Tony that people didn't know.He'd worked hard to keep them to himself.His secrets were about to spill out. And EVERYONE was in for a surprise.He was still the Tony they knew & loved & yet his was totally different.TD/ZD TM/OC
Prologue

December 25, 1985

The young father stared down at the small bundle in the incubator. He swallowed the lump in his throat. He couldn't believe he'd be responsible for this tiny being all on his own. He was sixteen and a single father. His girlfriend had died giving birth. They said something about hemorrhaging. He ran his hand through his hair and a tear rolled down his cheek as he examined his tiny daughter. They had said she would have a rough road ahead of her. A road full of surgeries, he'd been informed. Her legs were covered, but he knew them to be completely in turned. They wouldn't be able to perform the surgeries on her legs until she was at least a year old, but she was scheduled for her spinal surgery that day. They told him she was strong enough, and he prayed they were right. She was all he had. Her mother was dead, his parents didn't want anything to do with him, and her mother's parents blamed him for her death. All he had was his little girl.

"Mr. DiNozzo?" A nurse's voice interrupted his thoughts. "Your father thought it would be best if you talked to one of our social workers. Arianna has a difficult life ahead of her, and it would be in her best interest to put her up for adoption."

Tony spun on the woman. "That man has no say over what is best for my daughter! What's best for her is to stay with me! She needs her father, not some stranger!"

"Now, calm down Mr. DiNozzo, your father was only trying to help. You're only sixteen, what kind of life can you offer her?" The nurse asked.

"One where she is loved and adored. I have money, that's no problem! Sure, my dad may have cut me off, but I've been saving since I was nine and my grandfather left me plenty to live off. I don't need anyone to take my baby from me, because I can take care of her myself." He told the nurse. "I'll pay her medical bills, buy her new clothes, she'll have tons of toys, but most of all, she'll know that I love her. That's what's important. My parents are rich, but they don't love me. They just had a kid, that's it."

"I'm sorry. Well, if you'd like to go into the waiting room, we have to prepare Arianna for surgery." Tony nodded sadly, and the nurse patted his arm. "Don't worry, she's very strong. Most newborns with this condition would have died in the womb or during the birth. She'll survive this surgery just fine, you'll see."

Tony nodded and walked into the waiting room where his father was waiting. Tony sneered at the older man. "What do you want?"

"You're still under eighteen, I'm still responsible for you." The man replied coldly. "How do you expect to take care of this child Anthony?"

"I've got money. Even though you've cut me off, I've still got my money from Gramps! And I've got a job." Tony replied.

"How will you finish school?"

"Well, I've already got an apartment lined up that's near the academy. My basketball coach is renting it out to me for $200 a month. His wife has offered to watch Arianna during my classes and when I've got to work for free." He picked an imaginary piece of lent from his shirt. "We don't need you, or your money. I've got plenty of friends who will help me through this. Now, if you'll excuse me, I've got some emancipation papers to file." He told his father, holding up a folder. The older man yelled for him to come back, but he had his own family to protect now and there was no way that man was controlling his life again.

Three Years Later �" December 1988

It was Christmas morning, as well as his little girl's third birthday. He stepped into her bedroom, and had to hold in a laugh at her sleeping position. Butt straight in the air and mouth wide open, Arianna really did resemble himself. He couldn't believe how far they had come. He was now a sophomore at Ohio State working towards his BA in Physical Education, he had a steady job as a campo police three nights a week, and Arianna was top in her pre-school class, which was offered at the college for parents. She now only had to wear her leg braces every other night, and her back brace only when her back was hurting. Her last surgery had been six months ago and if things went well she wouldn't have to have another until she was in her fifties, unless of course there was an accident.

Arianna was brace free at the moment, but the scars on her tiny body were extremely noticeable. She was small for her age, but she made up for it in spunk. She was also very smart, and could talk a person's ear off! Her favorite game at the moment was, the 'Why?' game. It seemed that she never ran out of questions! Tony never would have thought he could love another person as much as he did his daughter. Walking over to her, he sat down on the bed beside her and picked her up. She blinked up at him, her mother's blue eyes shining up at him, and she smiled.

"Mornin' Daddy!" She exclaimed sleepily.

"Good Morning Sweet Pea!" He replied, and she whistled like Sweet Pea off the 1980's movie Popeye. Tony laughed and kissed her forehead. They watched a movie every night, and she had been Sweet Pea every since they had watched Popeye when she was one and she began whistling. "So, are you ready to see what Santa Claus brought you for Christmas and your birthday? When I was coming in here, I was pretty sure I saw a really big pile of presents by the tree."

She sat up quickly, and smiled. "Really?" Tony nodded. "Well, what are we waiting for? I've gots presents to open!" And she jumped out of bed and ran into the living room.

Tony followed her, and couldn't help but admire the mountain of presents that were all labeled Arianna. He'd really when a little crazy, but it felt good to be able to afford nice toys for his daughter. He'd proven them all wrong. They'd all told him he wouldn't be able to provide a good home for his daughter and he had. They lived in a nice apartment, they played together very afternoon, and said goodnight every night. She never wanted for anything, and she was very well behaved and well mannered for her age. He'd seen some monsters at that day care. They were doing just fine.

Two Years and Nine months Later �" September 1991

She'd only been in kindergarten a month, and she was already the lead in her class play! They were doing the musical Annie and in his opinion , that play was a little difficult for a group of five year olds. However, Arianna had been practicing her lines non-stop and sang her songs everyday. She had an amazing voice, and was actually very good at acting. It was now the night of the play and her classmates were nervous and crying for their mommies, but now his tough little girl, she stood smiling with her hair pulled into her wig. She was ready to shine.

He was the youngest father there, and at twenty-one years old with a five year old, he was getting a lot of stares. He just rolled his eyes, and straightened her wig once more. "Are you ready to sing your song?" She smiled and nodded. "I'm very proud of you. You've learned all your lines and both of your songs."

"Thank you, Daddy! I wanna be an actress when I grow up!" She replied smiling missing one of her front teeth.

"Really now? Are you gonna let me watch your movies for free, or am I gonna have to buy them like everyone else?"

"You get to watch for free because you're my daddy!" She told him smiling. "But I've gotta go sing now! Love you, Daddy!" She exclaimed and kissed his cheek.

"Love you too, Sweet Pea." He said and she whistled before she stepped out onto the stage.

The play was going smoothly; only one kid had run off the stage crying. Of course, Arianna was doing the best and she had captured the audience. Who knew, she might have a future in acting? They certainly watched enough movies. It was time for her final song. She took center stage.

The sun'll come out
Tomorrow
Bet your bottom dollar
That tomorrow
There'll be sun!

Just thinkin' about
Tomorrow
Clears away the cobwebs,
And the sorrow
'Til there's none!

When I'm stuck with a day
That's gray,
And lonely,
I just stick out my chin
And Grin,
And Say,
Oh!

The sun'll come out
Tomorrow
So ya gotta hang on
'Til tomorrow
Come what may
Tomorrow! Tomorrow!
I love ya Tomorrow!
You're always
A day
A way!

She beamed as the crowd stood to their feet cheering. She looked back him and he smiled at her. He'd never been more proud in his entire life. His five year old little girl had blown the crowd away! After the play was concluded, Arianna ran to him. He picked her up and swung her around.

"Did you see the people, Daddy? Did you see them stand up and clap for me?" She asked smiling.

"Yes, I did! You did great!" He exclaimed kissing her forehead.

"Do you think I could be an actress when I grow up?"

"I think you can be anything you want when you grow up." He replied, and Arianna smiled.

Six Years Later �" September 1997

From Peoria to Philadelphia to Baltimore and now to D.C., maybe he could stay at this job longer than two years. Three different police departments and now he was becoming a fed. NCIS… he'd never heard of it before now, but it paid good and had great benefits. That Gibbs guy had seen him work a case in Baltimore and said that he was just what NCIS was looking for. It had actually worked out perfect because Arianna had been accepted to a private school that allowed her to focus on music and theater. It was a prep school for specialty colleges, and her teachers were hoping to get her into Juilliard by the time she's fifteen or sixteen, and then into a prestigious art college. And if that was what his Sweet Pea wanted then that was what she would get.

This job would be different hopefully. Once his co-workers and chief found out he had a daughter, they began treating him differently and wouldn't let him on the dangerous cases. He was always careful and he didn't like people treating him different just because he was a father. He didn't want anything to happen to him, but he also didn't want to be treated like he wasn't capable of doing the job! At this new place, no one was allowed to see his personal file except the director, and the director had told him that if he wanted to work dangerous cases then that was his choice.

Arianna sat in the back seat and stared out the window. Since he was a former cop, he followed the rules about kids in the backseat until twelve years or older. Arianna figured since she would be twelve in December it didn't matter, but to him it did. She was already shorter than most eleven year olds, he wasn't going to push it. She looked at him through the rearview mirror.

"Dad? What's your new job going to be like again? I mean, you told me NCIS are like federal police for the navy and marines, but I mean they're the guys that are supposed to be fighting for our country, what could they do wrong?"

"Well, I'll investigate if a marine or naval officer is murder or a crime is committed against one. But also, just because they defend our country, doesn't mean they're good guys, a marine can murder people just like a drug dealer would. Sometimes there are just bad people in the world." He told her.

"Are these NCIS guys going to treat you fairly? They're not going to make you work the desk just because you're a dad, are they?" She asked, crinkling her nose in distaste at his other jobs.

He laughed. "No, they're not going to make me work the desk. The director told me that if I want to work the field then I can, and my team leader is not allowed to read my file without permission, so he shouldn't find out."

"Oh, so you're going to hide me from you're co-workers?" She asked with the DiNozzo grin.

"That was the general plan." He told her laughing.

"Oh gee, thanks Dad!" She laughed and stuck her tongue out.

He was still laughing as they pulled in front of her school. She hopped out and ran around to his window. "Love you, Dad!" She kissed his cheek. "Good luck!"

"You too, Sweet Pea!" He yelled and like always she whistled.

He pulled back out into the street. The NCIS headquarters was only five blocks from her school and about three miles from their apartment. However, he was now stuck in traffic and he was going to be late! After ten minutes of honking and getting honked at, Tony was finally out of the traffic. However, he was five minutes late! He showed his ID and quickly parked his car. He then ran into the building flashing his ID again. He stepped out of the elevator and Special Agent Gibbs was right there waiting. "Sorry, I'm late, sir! It won't happen again!"

"Two rules DiNozzo, Don't call me sir, it's either Boss or Gibbs, and never apologize, it's a sign of weakness." The older man told his new junior agent.

"Ah, right, do I need to write this down?"

"No, just grab your gear and let's go." Gibbs told him. Tony grabbed his things from his desk, and ran back to the elevator. Gibbs handed him a hat. "Welcome to the team, Probie."

Four Years Later �" September 2001

Tony opened the door to the apartment and was immediately tackled. Arianna was sixteen now, and even though she was small, she had gotten pretty stout because of the exercises she was required to do to keep in shape for theater. She held a letter in her hand. "Dad, it's here! I got in! I got into Juilliard!" She exclaimed and the bounced away. "I've been working so hard and now it's finally here!"

His heart fell a little. It was what she had always wanted, and what she had been towards her entire life, but Juilliard was in New York. That was over two hundred miles away! But he had promised that when she got her acceptance letter, she could go. He'd only see her on holidays and over the summer. They'd never been this far apart from one another and had only been away from each other for a couple of days at the most! He didn't know if she could tell, but it was killing him.

Arianna looked to her father and smiled sadly. "Hey, Daddy, I'll miss you too." And she hugged him. "You got me this new cell phone, you can call me anytime you want. I'll make up an excuse to talk to you! I promise."

He laughed, and hugged her to him tight. "How long do we have?"

"Two weeks, they'll send the plane ticket in the mail." She smiled. "Are you sure you're ok with this?"

"Hey, I promised you that when we got to this point, I'd be there for you and I meant it!" He smiled. "Now, why don't you go call all your friends, I know you're dying to."

"OK! Thank you, Daddy! Thank you, thank you!" She exclaimed, hugging him again and kissing his cheek, and then she ran out of the room.

"Your welcome, Sweet Pea." He whispered, and for the first time, he didn't hear her whistle in return.

Two Years and Eight Months Later �" May 2004

His heart was pounding as he made his way through the airport to the rental car pick up. There had been an accident at her final play. He hadn't been given the details except that she was at Lincoln Medical Center, and it was a possible spinal injury. She hadn't had surgery on her spine since she was two years old! He wasn't prepared for something like this. What if her body was weaker now than it had been? What if she couldn't handle another surgery?

Once he had the keys to the rental car, he ran to where the valet had just pulled up in it. He thanked the man, and climbed in quickly. He didn't care if he got a spending ticket; he had to get to his daughter as fast as possible. They had been performing Fiddler on the Roof, and apparently their roof had collapsed. Two other students had been injured but nothing as serious as Arianna's. It felt like forever, but he had finally pulled into the Lincoln Medical Center. He parked the car taking up two spaces and ran for the door. He ran to the nurses' station. "I need to find my daughter! Her names Arianna DiNozzo, she was brought in from the accident at Juilliard, the girl with the spinal injury."

The two women nodded and one of the nurses walked around the front desk. "They had to take her into surgery. There was no time for waiting. She's eighteen, and she gave us her permission. She'll be out of surgery in two hours. You can go to the café and wait or you can wait in the waiting room. Someone will find you when she's out."

Tony nodded. "I'll be in the café." He told her quietly, and then walked away.

After ordering a coffee, he stared down into the cup. He hadn't told anyone where he was going, or even that he was leaving. He'd gotten home, and the message was on his answering machine. From there he had gone straight to the airport. They had McGee now, Kate and Gibbs could survive one day without him. He looked at his watch. It wouldn't be long before Gibbs started blowing up his cell phone with calls. But Tony didn't care, if he lost his job, then oh well it wasn't meant to be. Slowly, the minute hand ticked by, but finally one of the nurses came and got him.

The nurse put her hand on the handle, and turned back to him. "I'm going to warn you now, Mr. DiNozzo, she's in pretty bad shape. When the prop collapse, she was caught underneath most of the rubble. Along with the breakage of her spine, she broke her right leg, left arm, and suffered a concussion that could lead to a coma if she doesn't wake up soon. The doctor did all he could for her spine, but there is still a chance of paralysis. There are also pins in her arm and leg. There may also have to be a repeat surgery if the swelling on her spine does not go down." Tony nodded slowly and swallowed the lump in his throat. "I'm sorry, Mr. DiNozzo." She said and opened the door for him.

At the sight of her, he thought he was going to be sick. The whole right side of her face was covered in a purple bruise. Her eye was swollen, and her lip split. She had stitches near her temple which most likely contributed to her concussion. She was wearing a neck brace, and her left arm was casted with a metal rod extending from the elbow to the wrist. Her leg was lifted in a sling, a metal rod in it from her hip to her ankle. She was hooked to all sorts of monitors, and a ventilator was down her throat to assist her breathing. It was every parent's nightmare and more.

Tony sat down beside her and grasped her right hand. It was a little scratched up, but otherwise unharmed. He kissed it gently, and was surprised when a tear landed on the pale skin. He reached up to wipe the tear from his cheek, but instead, he covered his eyes and wept for the agony that lie ahead for his daughter. She had beat the odds when she was a baby, just to have it all crushed when she became an adult. His phone vibrated in his pocket. He looked at the ID, it was Gibbs. He answered it. "I can't, Boss, sorry." And then he hung up. He knew there would be hell to pay, but at the moment he was too focused on his daughter.

One Year Later - May 2005

Arianna DiNozzo eased onto the sofa. She had been back living with her dad for a year after the accident. She should have started college in September but because her leg and back were both still in a brace, she was required to stay with her father. She looked at the clock. He actually should have been home already. Leaning up slowly, she grabbed her phone. However, just as she was about to dial his number, the house phone rang. Crinkling her forehead, she slowly got up with a groan and made her way to the phone as quickly as she could. "DiNozzo Residence."

"Arianna DiNozzo?" A man's voice asked over the line.

"This is she. May I ask who is calling?"

"This is Director Thomas Morrow of NCIS, I'm calling to inform you that your father was in an involved in an incident this morning involving exposure to Y. pestis. It has been confirmed by our specialist at Bethesda that he has the plague and he is in isolation for thirty-two hours under UV lamps. I'm sorry, Ms. DiNozzo. After the allotted time, you may visit him. Once again, I'm sorry." And the man hung up the phone.

Arianna stared at the phone. Her father was in the hospital with the plague? Well, then those hospital personal could screw themselves because she was going to see her father! She placed the phone back in its cradle, and grabbed her cell. They would not keep her from her father. She grabbed her cane, and made her way down the stairs slowly. She then hailed a cab. "Bethesda Hospital please."

Her dad would most likely be angry that she had gotten out of the house, but she was not going to let him suffer in a hospital without her there to comfort him. It took about thirty minutes and the driver pulled right up to the door. She handed him his money and thanked him. She then made her way into the building as fast as she could.

"Ma'am? Can we help you?" One nurses asked.

"Yes, I'm looking for my father, NCIS Special Agent Anthony DiNozzo. Where is he?"

"I'm sorry, dear, but he can't have visitors."

Arianna bite her tongue in frustration. "I did not ask if he could have visitors, I asked where he was."

The nurse looked a little offended. "He's on the third floor, isolation room 305. But I would bother, like I told you, you cannot see him."

"Thank you." Was all she replied before making her way to the elevator. She pressed the third floor button and the two minute ride felt like an eternity. Her back was beginning to throb and it was most like time to take her medicine, but she didn't care. She had to see her father. Stepping out onto the third floor, she hobbled her way down the hall. The back brace forced her back to remain upright, while the brace on her leg went from her ankle to her hip. She rounded corner and saw a dark haired woman exit a room filled with blue light. That had to be the isolation room. The dark haired woman that Arianna recognized as her dad's partner, hugged an older man and was crying. Her heart plummeted.

Walking quickly, she saw the nurse with her clipboard. "Nurse? Is Tony DiNozzo in that room?"

The nurse looked up at her in shock. "Yes, he is, but who are you? No one but family is allowed up here."

"I'm his daughter, Arianna DiNozzo." She fumbled for her purse, and then pulled out her driver's license. "Please, I need to see him."

"I'm very sorry but no one is allowed in, and in your condition, it's definitely not allowed."

A tear rolled down her cheek. "Please, he's my dad, he's all I've got, please just let me see him."

The nurse bit her lip and nodded. "Let's talk to the doctor, and see what he says."

Arianna nodded wiping the tears from her eyes. As they passed the older man and dark haired woman, she heard her say. "Oh Ducky, he's dying."

Her heart stopped. Dying? Not possible. She couldn't lose him. "I-is it true? What she said? Is my dad dying?"

"There's no antidote that we can find, and there's a very high possibility that he could die." The nurse told her sympathetically. "You wait here; I'll talk to the doctor."

It was a few minutes later, and the nurse came out with the doctor. They had a mask and scrubs. "Put these on over your clothes, and keep the mask on at all times."

She nodded, and sat her cane to the side. The nurse helped her slip the scrubs over her clothes, and she placed the mask on her face. Grabbing her cane again, she nodded. "Alright, I'm ready to see him."

The doctor nodded. "He may or may not respond. So far we haven't had any problems with him responding, but he's been getting progressively worse."

She nodded and they walked past the two from NCIS, who looked at her questioningly. "Who was that?" She heard her dad's partner ask. The older man, Ducky just shrugged.

The room was air tight, and when she saw her father, her heart broke. She quickly made her way to his side, dropping her cane as soon as she reached him. "Oh, Daddy." She whispered, her voice breaking with tears. "What have they done to you?" She questioned, running her hands through his hair.

"Sweet Pea?" He mumbled, opening his eyes. "What are you doing here?"

"The director called me. He said that you were in the hospital. They wouldn't let me in at first, but I had to see you." She told him, crying. He tried to sit up but she held him down. "No, Daddy, you need to rest!"

"You shouldn't be here. What if you get infected? Your immune system is down with your back injury. You need to be at home resting." He argued weakly.

"No, listen to me, as long as you are at this place, I'll be here! You're all I've got, Daddy, and I can't lose you!" Tears rolled down her cheeks, dampening her mask. "I love you, Daddy and I still need you!"

He touched her cheek. "Don't worry, mi bella, I'll never leave you." He then began to coughed, a deep raspy sound in his chest. "But you need to go, I can't have you getting sick. Please, Sweet Pea." She nodded, and whistled slightly. Tony smiled. "That's my girl."

The nurse ushered her back out into the hallway, where she stripped from the scrubs. "We're doing everything we can to help your father."

Arianna nodded, and as the nurse walked away, she looked through the window and at her father. She broke down. Pressing her forehead to the glass, she sobbed. Her father was the only family she had. She loved him with all of her heart. He'd been her best friend forever. She couldn't lose him. She watched as the nurse sat him up and he coughed up blood. Another loud sob wracked her body. She left her cane fall to the floor and she supported her weight against the window. She never heard two people step up behind her. "Non preoccuparsi, il Papà. Sono qui. L'amo." She whispered, pressing her hand against the glass.

"Excuse me, my dear, but did you just say Papà?" A man with a British accent asked from behind her.

Arianna gasped, and turned as quickly as she could. Her dad's partner and the older man were standing in front of her. "What?"

"You just called Tony, Papà that means daddy in Italian does it not?" He replied.

The dark hair woman stared at her. "You look just like him. Are you his daughter?"

Arianna looked down for a moment. He didn't want his co-workers to know about her, but it was too late now. "Yes, but don't tell anyone else, he doesn't want anyone to know."

The two nodded. "How old are you, dear?" The man asked.

"Nineteen."

Both gasped. "Nineteen, that would mean Tony was-" The woman began.

"Sixteen. He was sixteen when I was born."

They nodded. "And your name?"

"Arianna… and you?"

"I'm Dr. Donald Mallard but you can call me, Ducky."

"I'm Kate Todd, I'm Tony's partner."

Arianna nodded. She noticed they were staring at her. "You're wondering what happened to me aren't you?" They nodded guiltily. "I attended Juilliard for theater, and I was actively in musicals, and a year ago we were performing Fiddler on the Roof, when our roof collapsed. I have a history of spinal surgeries and leg surgeries, and the majority of the rubble landed on me. My spine, leg, and arm were broken, I've had three surgeries this year and if it doesn't get better by July, I get to have another surgery."

Kate's eyes widened. "You're the reason he skipped town for two weeks last year!" Arianna nodded. "What about you mother?"

"She died when I was born."

"So, you're saying that Tony has raised you by himself all your life?"

"Yeah, he's the world's greatest dad, and I can't lose him. There has to be a way to cure him!"

"They're looking, my dear. Jethro and Timothy, they'll find whatever it is that will save him." Ducky told her patting her shoulder.

Arianna nodded. "I hope so. Just promise me, not to tell them. The others cannot know about me." Kate and Ducky nodded, and Arianna turned back to her dad. "Appendere in lì il Babbo, siamo qui." She whispered.

Four Months Later �" September 2005

It should have been him. He'd survived the plague; he was on living on borrowed time. It shouldn't have been Kate. But then he felt guilty for thinking that. He had a daughter to live for, and while he felt extremely guilty thinking it, she did not have any children. She would say the same thing. She would say. "Tony, you need to live for your daughter." In fact, she had said that to him, when he had come back to work a week early after he had the plague. She and Ducky were the only ones who knew, and now it was only Ducky. Most likely the older man would say the same thing.

He unlocked the door to his empty apartment. Arianna had returned to Juilliard for college. She had completely recovered from her surgery, and her scholarship to Juilliard had still been available. He took his phone out of his pocket. He had to tell her. She'd gotten close to Kate. Pressing the speed dial button, he cleared his throat.

"Hey, Dad, how are you?" He didn't answer right away. "Dad, you ok?"

"I'm fine, but something's happened." He told her slowly.

"What? What is it, Dad?"

"Kate's dead." He heard her gasp over the line. "She was shot by a man we've been searching for."

"Oh, Dad, I'm so sorry. I know she was a good friend, and I'd grown to like her too. Do you need me to come home? I'm sure I can find a way."

"No, I just wanted to tell you. I was right there beside her. It could have been me." He whispered.

"Dad, are you sure you don't need me?"

"I'm fine, Sweet Pea. Just focus on your studies, ok?"

"Alright, if you need me don't hesitate to call me back. I love you, Daddy." She told him.

"I love you, too." He replied and then they hung up.

Tony wasn't sure how, but he'd find a way to see that he had survived for a reason. His daughter was the main reason he believed that he was alive. He couldn't leave her alone now. He would walk her down the aisle one day and he would see her children. He would live his life to the fullest for his daughter and in memory of Kate.

Three Years and Four Months - January 1, 2009

Tony stared blurrily at his alarm clock. It was four in the morning and someone was knocking at his door. It was then his cop instincts kicked in. Four o'clock in the morning, someone could be hurt or in trouble. Arianna had moved back to D.C. a couple of months ago. It could be her. He jumped out of bed and threw on a pair of pants. He ran to the door and looked through the peep hole. It was Arianna. Something wasn't right. He opened the door. She was crying.

"Dad, I think someone drugged me!" She exclaimed crying and threw herself into his arms.

His hear fell as he guided her to the couch. He then knelt in front of her. "Arianna, look at me. I need you to look in my eyes." She nodded, and looked up. Her pupils were huge. He grabbed the lamp from the table and held it next her face. Her pupils slightly dilated, but not as much as they should have. "I need you to answer one thing for me. Do you think someone-" He paused for the strength. "Do you think someone raped you?"

She shook her head and started crying harder, which confused him. "I'm very sure that I had sex with him willingly. He was still there! And completely out of it too. I tripped and he didn't even wake up." Then she started sobbing. "I don't even know his name! I just want to die in hole!" She looked at Tony. "Why would someone do this, Dad? Why would someone drug two people just to make them sleep together?"

"It honestly sounds like a set-up. Sounds like this guy pissed someone off and they want to get him put in jail for rape. Apparently, their plan back fired." Tony stood up, and pulled her to feet. "Come on; let's get you to the hospital. We need to get you checked for STDs or pregnancy."

Arianna shook her head, and pulled her hands from his grip. "No, I just want to forget this ever happened. If something comes up then I'll get a checkup. But the guy didn't even rape me so there's no rush. I'll just look like a slut if I go and say I don't know who I slept with! Please, I just want to take a shower, and sleep this off." Tony looked skeptical and she grabbed his hand. "Please, Daddy."

Tony nodded, and against his better judgment he let her go take a shower. He went back to bed and couldn't stop thinking about the situation and how seriously messed up it was. In her state, he doubt she'd even be able to tell him what the guy looked like. She wanted to forget it, but there were a number of things that could come back to haunt her. He prayed that nothing turned up. He heard the shower shut off, and soon he heard her enter her old bedroom. He didn't care how long she stayed; he just hoped this didn't affect her for the rest of her life.

A/N: Well I hope you all enjoyed it! I typed this and chapter one in one night and my arm was sore afterwards lol! PLEASE REVIEW! :D
Chapter One by AriannaDiNozzo
Chapter One

Two months after she was drugged, Arianna threw out her knee and hip teaching a theater class at her old school in D.C. She had to have three surgeries, and was still off work for recovery and it had been seven months since the accident. She had to give up her apartment and move back in with her father, who hadn't cared a bit, but it was driving her crazy! She loved her dad but she was twenty-four years old, and she was tired of being stuck in the house. In addition to that, she had gained fifteen pounds from being inactive. It was going to take some serious exercising to remove those pounds!

She looked at the clock on the wall. Her dad wasn't due to get off work for three more hours, but she was praying he could have an early day. Her back had been killing her all day and it was steadily getting worse. She had slipped a little the other day in the shower and she was afraid it may have affected the pins in her spinal column. Arianna sat up and immediately groaned as pain shot across her lower back and abdomen. 'This is getting bad! It might be my kidneys or my appendix!' She thought to herself.

Standing up slowly, she grabbed her phone just in case it got worse. She was going to lie down and see if that help. She went into the bathroom first and when she got up to flush, she was shocked to see a little blood in her urine. 'Oook,' she thought, 'maybe it's a bladder infection.' She made her way to the bedroom but before she made it, she doubled over with pain. Her back was killing her, and everything else was hurting too.

Unlocking her phone, she went to her favorites and dialed her dad. After three tries, he finally picked up. "Arianna? What's wrong are you alright? I'm at a scene."

"Dad, I think my appendix burst or something. You've got to come home and take me to the hospital! It's killing me!" Arianna exclaimed close to tears. "Hurry please." And she hung up sliding down to the floor. She had experienced a lot of pain in her life, but this was close to the top.

Tony hung up his phone. If her appendix had burst then she didn't have long to get to a hospital. He knew everyone was watching him and he didn't care. He threw his camera to McGee and took off. "Sorry guys, something important has come up!" He ran to the car, luckily they had brought two, and he cranked it up, tires squealing as he took off. He was about an hour away but if he broke almost every traffic law he could make it in thirty minutes. It felt like an eternity before he finally pulled up in front of his building. He left the car running and took the stair two at a time. He burst into the apartment and found Arianna curled up in the floor in a fetal position. He ran to her side. "Arianna? Sweet Pea? Are you ok?" He asked as he lifted her into his arms.

"It hurts." She moaned. She was covered in sweat and tears were rolling down her cheeks. "I don't want to die. I'm not ready to die yet."

"You're not going to die, we're getting you to the hospital now." He told her soothingly as he took her down the stairs as gently as possible. He had trouble opening the door, but when he got it open, he set her gently in the front seat. As he was buckling her in, she cried out in pain, her whole body curling in. He ran to the driver's side and put the car in gear. "We're going to the closest hospital ok? Just hang in there."

She nodded, and bit her lip. Sweat was pouring down her forehead, and he could tell she was in a great deal of pain. He pulled the car into the George Washington University Hospital. He usually didn't like university hospitals because of all the students, but his daughter was in an extreme amount of pain. He shut the car off and rushed to her side of the car, opening the door and unbuckling her as quick as possible. He then lifted her into his arms, and practically sprinted with her to the door. He ran into the ER. "Excuse me! I need some help immediately with my daughter! She's in an extreme amount of pain and we think her appendix may have burst or something."

A nurse stepped towards him. "Alright, sir, there's no need for the yelling. Can you tell us her symptoms?"

"I just did that! I want some help for her!"

"Ok, sir, you need to calm down." She signaled and they rushed a bed over. "Place her here." He did so. "Now, is there any possibility that she's pregnant?"

"What? No! She has been at home on bed rest for knee and hip surgery!" Tony exclaimed. The nurse rolled her eyes.

"Let me ask her then. Sweetie, is there any possibility you're pregnant?" Arianna shook her head. "Alright, if you think it's appendicitis, we'll take her in for an ultra sound. You'll need to wait here while we examine her."

Tony nodded and sat down. He rested his head in his hands. Arianna really did not have much luck. She was always in the hospital. Ever since she was born with twisted legs and spinal inflammation, she's had problems. Then she was drugged and had sex with a stranger! And now, her appendix had most like burst. The nurse came rushing out to him. "What is it? Is she, ok? Was it her appendix?"

"Your daughter is nine months pregnant and in labor. She asking for you so you need to come with me." The nurse tried to usher him forward but he just stopped and stared at her as if she had grown another head.

"Excuse me? My daughter's in labor? Arianna DiNozzo? Short, SKINNY girl that came in here with a lot of pain?"

"Yes sir! And we've really got to get in there the labor is very far progressed."

"B-but I saw the evidence that she was having a monthly cycle. I mean never acted pregnant, and she surely doesn't look it!" Tony exclaimed hysterically.

"Sir, your daughter is having a baby right now. Every pregnancy is different! Now we need to get a move on!" The nurse yelled and pushed him into the room.

He saw Arianna in a bed getting hooked machines and fetal monitors. They lifted her shirt and he still couldn't believe what they were saying. Sure, she'd gained some weight, but she didn't look pregnant at all! He walked over to her. "Are they just kidding with me or is it true?"

Arianna looked up to him with tears in her eyes. "It's true, I saw it on the ultra sound." She told him and started crying. "I've watched that damn show on Discovery Health channel but I never thought it could happen to me! And I don't even know the father's name!"

Tony hugged her the best he could and kissed her forehead. They were placing her feet in the stirrups when a thought hit him. "Hey, she's still in recovery for hip surgery, could that cause problems?"

"Sir, she far past options. She has to start pushing now, her baby is coming."

He nodded. He was about to become a grandfather… At forty years old. Everything was coming back to him from when she was born. Eliza was having so many problems; they had pushed him out of the room. He prayed to God that it wasn't hereditary. He heard the doctor tell Arianna to push and he quickly gave her his hand. And boy did she have a grip! Tony bit his lip and tried to remember that she was going through far worse.

"Alright, Arianna that was a good push, now on three I want another one like that!" The doctor told her. "One, two, THREE!" He exclaimed and all too soon the pain had returned to his hand. "Excellent! Now on this next push, the baby's head should be out. You'll feel a lot of burning but you'll have to push through it ok?" Arianna nodded and Tony braced himself. "Alright, one, two, THREE!"

Arianna pushed down hard and the harder she pushed, the harder she squeezed his hand. She left out a small scream at the end of the push and was breathing heavily. "Great job, Arianna. Just one more push and your baby's here. Can you do that?" Arianna nodded tiredly. "One, two, and PUSH!" She bore down once more and a few seconds later a cry filled the room. "Congratulations! It's a boy!"

Her head was laid back on her pillows and she stared at the ceiling silent tears running down her cheeks. At first Tony was worried, but then he noticed she was smiling. Tony looked to the doctor. "Her mother died in labor of hemorrhaging, is she fine?"

The doctor nodded. "I see no signs whatsoever of hemorrhaging." He then looked to Arianna. "Would you like to hold your son before we take him for observation?"

She nodded, and reached out her arms. "Yes, please." He hand her the small bundle. Tony looked over his daughter's shoulder and down at his grandson. Wow, grandson. It made him feel old! But he was a perfect little boy. Nothing seemed to be wrong with him at all. But of course since Arianna had had no prenatal care, it was precautionary to give him a checkup.

"He's beautiful, Sweet Pea." He told her kissing her forehead. He then stuck his finger in the tiny hand's grasp. "Hi there, I'm your Poppi."

Arianna smiled up at her father, and then kissed her son's forehead. "What am I going to name you?"

"Hopefully something strong and Italian!" Tony teased. "I'm just joking. Whatever, you chose I'm sure will be beautiful."

She smiled and then looked to the doctor. "Alright, you can take him for his checkup." She handed her baby to the nurse. "What kind of problems could there be?"

"Well, seeing as how you didn't smoke or drink, not many, although the pain medication you took after your surgery could cause mental slowing. He is a tad underweight. He's only five pounds and sixteen inches long, so he's on the small side, but if all his tests turn out well and he takes to feeding well, then we'll let him go home with you." The doctor smiled. "He seems very healthy. We'll have him back to you in about an hour. Why don't you rest and think of some names while we're gone?"

She nodded and watched as he took her baby from the room. She then looked to Tony. "This is so unreal. And yet, I already love him so much."

Tony smiled. "That's what our children do to us." He kissed her cheek. "Why don't you rest and I'll pop into the gift shop and see if they have a baby names book?" She nodded. "Alright, I'll be back soon, Sweet Pea."

After ten minutes of searching, Tony found a small book. It was highly doubtful that it would have many Italian names, but it was all he could find. After buying the book, a bear, and some balloons, he made his way out of the gift shop. He was just about to step on the elevator when something stopped him.

"Something you need to tell me, DiNozzo?" Gibbs' voice asked from behind.

Tony's eyes widened and he turned to face his boss. "Hiya boss!"

"What the hell is all this DiNozzo? You never told us you had gotten anyone pregnant! Hell, we didn't even know you were seeing anyone!"

"Ah, well, you see, I haven't been seeing anyone and I didn't get anyone pregnant."

"Then what's all this about and why did you run off like that? This is the second time you've pulled a stunt like this and I haven't been very pleased either time."

"I have a twenty-four year old daughter." He told his boss bluntly.

For the first time ever, Tony saw Gibbs speechless. Of course, it didn't last long. "What! Are you telling me that you've had a daughter the whole time that you've worked for me and I never knew about her?"

"That pretty much sums it up, boss."

"Who else knows? If anyone does!"

"The director and Ducky… and well Kate knew, before she…" And he trailed off and they both nodded.

"So the balloons and stuff, are you saying your daughter just had a baby?"

Tony nodded, and then proceeded to explain things. By the time, he was finished, Gibbs was staring at him openly. "So, when she gets out of here, I'm going to see if she wants to find out who that baby's father is and if she does then we'll take the baby to Abby to run a DNA sample!"

Gibbs nodded. "Alright, DiNozzo. Get back up to your daughter and grandson, and next time, don't take a federal vehicle. We can track you."

"Sure thing boss!" He exclaimed as he climbed onto the elevator.

He made his way to Arianna's room quickly. He was shocked to see that she was awake and that they had already returned the baby. She smiled when he entered the room. "They've given him a clean bill of health! And I've come up with a name." She smiled apologetically when she saw the book. Tony shrugged and raised his eyebrow for emphasis. "Draven Anthony DiNozzo. Well, DiNozzo until otherwise known. I want to find out who his father is."

Tony nodded. "Well then, as soon as you're up to it, we'll make a trip to NCIS. I'm tired of hiding you, it's time everyone knew the truth."

Arianna raised her eyebrow. "Who else found out?"

"Gibbs… and he was pissed!" He exclaimed.

She smiled. "Do you want to hold him, Dad?"

He nodded and reached for his godson. "Come to Poppi." Once the baby was settled into his arms, Tony really examined his features. He had a little DiNozzo in him, but it seemed his father's genes where dominating. Tony frowned. Actually, some of his features a kind of familiar. Maybe he'd met the father before. Well, they would know soon enough, and then hopefully, Draven would have a mother and father. And maybe, even thought he wasn't one to believe in fairytales, maybe Arianna and Draven's father could get to know one another. But that could all wait because at the moment they were still his family.

A/N: Ok, this chapter was based off of the show on Discovery Health Channel, I didn't know I was pregnant, and this stuff really does happen, because my cousin was one of them it happened to :P. Anyways, I hope you enjoyed and I'll try to update soon! PLEASE REVIEW! :D
Chapter Two by AriannaDiNozzo
Chapter Two

Tony still couldn't believe it. He was a grandfather; to a healthy, handsome little boy. It still puzzled him as to who he looked like. Sure, Draven had some of his mother's features, but he mainly had features that were unique to him and others that looked so familiar. Shaking his head, Tony decided to let it go. They'd find out who his father was sometime that week. They were going home tomorrow, and he'd called Abby here to help him out. Checking his watch, he realized that she should be here soon. Arianna was resting, so he kissed her forehead and left the room.

On his way to the front desk, he couldn't help but detouring to the nursery. Looking through the big window, he saw the small boy sleeping soundly. He smiled and then continued his way to the front desk where Abby was meeting him. Abby, of course, didn't know what was going on but Tony would inform her of everything. He heard the doors open and smiled when he saw smiling Goth walking towards him. "Hey, Abs, over here!"

"Tony!" She ran to him and hugged him. "How are you? Why are you in the hospital?"

"I'm fine, Abby!" He exclaimed laughing. "I'm here for someone else but first for you to understand I need to tell you some things." He paused for a moment and then looked into his friend's face. "I have a daughter."

Abby's eyes widened. "What? How come you never told me?" She exclaimed. "How old is she? Is she alright? Is she the one in the hospital? Details, Tony, details!"

"Whoa! Abby , slow down. She's twenty-four; she was born when I was sixteen. My girlfriend died in labor and the baby was premature and very sick. But I stuck around and I've raised her by myself." He paused for a moment to let Abby take it all in. "A few months ago she was at a party and she was drugged. During that time, she slept with a guy whom she suspects was also drugged. She left without finding out and decided she just wanted to forget the incident. But then yesterday she called me saying that she was in a lot of pain. We get here and turns out she's in labor. She didn't look pregnant and hadn't missed a monthly so we didn't even suspect it." Abby's eyes widened. "I called you here because I need to you do a little shopping for me."

"Wow, Tony! That's a lot of information to take in all at once! Give me a moment to process it all before you go asking favors!" She exclaimed holding up her hands. After a second, she looked at him with a smile. "Ok! So, you are now a grandfather to your twenty-four year old daughter's son! So, I am guessing that seeing as how he was a surprise, you need me to go shopping for baby things!" Her smile widened when he nodded. "Alright, I'll do it but first I want to see him!" Tony nodded and signaled for her to follow him. She hurried behind him excitedly.

He knew it was going to be hard for his team mates to see him in this role but it was one he'd been in for twenty-four years. He knew out of them all, Abby would be most accepting. Jenny and Ducky both already knew and often asked about Arianna. But both would be shocked to hear that he was now a grandfather. Gibbs would probably chew him out later for hiding it for all these years, but he'd accept it. McGee probably wouldn't say much. Ziva, however, will most likely be ticked. She was his partner and they had also become pretty close friends. It would also most likely be hard for her to see him as a father and a grandfather. But in time, she would see him for as he truly was and he knew she would accept it.

They stopped in front of the large window of the nursery. He pulled Abby close to him and then pointed to the little boy wrapped in blue on the front row. "Aw, Tony, he's so cute!" Her brow then furrowed. "He's got a familiar quality to his face though that's not DiNozzo."

"You know, I said the same thing!" Tony exclaimed. "I'm thinking that maybe I know his father. I'll want you to run a DNA test when I get them out of here and settled at home."

Abby nodded. "It may take a couple hours or a couple of days but I'm sure I'll be able to find him." She then looked to Tony and smiled. "So, can I meet your daughter before I go on this shopping spree? So, I can get an idea of what kind of person she is and what kind of nursery I need to try to create."

Tony nodded. "Yeah, I don't see why not. She was sleeping when I came down to meet you but she might be awake now."

Walking down the hall and around the corner, Tony opened the door to Arianna's room. She was sitting up in bed and smiled when he came in. "Hey, Dad, where'd you run off to?"

"Well, I was meeting a friend down at the front desk. She was wondering if she could meet you."

She smiled. "Sure, she can! Is it someone from work? I know you told Gibbs, so who is it now? Abby or Ziva?"

Tony just smiled and nodded for Abby to come in behind him. "Abby Scuito meet my daughter Arianna DiNozzo."

Abby's mouth fell open for a moment. "Wow, Tony! She really looks like you a lot!" Both Arianna and Tony laughed. "She's even got your smile! Oh wow, this is so weird! I just never pictured you as a father and here it is, you've had us all fooled since the beginning!" She stepped to the side of the bed and shook Arianna's hand. "It's pleasure to meet you! You have no idea the shock that this is for me!"

Arianna laughed. "Oh well, I have some idea. He told me that you all thought he was the living life to the fullest single playboy but then it turns out he's just a single dad who goes out on a LOT of dates!" She laughed again when Tony protested slightly out of good nature. "I bet it's even harder to see him as a grandfather, huh? We're all still trying to get used to that one!"

"It threw me for a total loop when Tony told me he was a dad, but when he told me he was grandpa too, I thought I was going to pass out from shock!" She then smiled at Arianna. "He's a cute little baby. And I love his name! Did you get it from the movie The Crow?"

"I did! I've watched movie a thousand times and I remembered thinking one time that I would love to name my son Draven if I had one, and so I did!" She smiled. "At least when I call his name, he'll know I'm talking to him and not some other boy!"

"Very true!" Abby exclaimed, and then she smiled. "I can already tell that we are going to be great friends!"

Arianna returned her smile. "I can see that too." She then looked to her dad. "Are the rest of your co-workers this friendly?"

"Abby's going to be the most accepting out of them. But they'll all come around eventually."

She nodded. "And have you told Ducky or Jenny that I'm in here?"

Abby looked to Tony in shock. "Ducky knows? I mean, the director is a given because she's the director but how comes Ducky knew and I didn't."

"When I had the plague and I was in the hospital, Arianna came and visited me and Ducky and Kate were there. I made them promise not to tell anyone." Tony told her and then looked to Arianna. "And to answer your question, no I have not, but I will as soon as I get you and Draven home and comfortable. No point in cramming tons of people into a hospital."

Arianna nodded. "Makes sense… I just hope they see it that way." She grinned but then frowned. "Do you know when I get out of here? I am extremely ready to go home! Lying in this bed is killing my hip!"

Tony frowned. "I think they said sometime tomorrow. If your hip is hurting, do you need me to go home and get your brace?"

"Maybe, I don't know yet. Right now, it just throbbing but it could be because I haven't had my pain medicine in a while."

He nodded. "Could be." He then leaned up and kissed her cheek. "Well, I asked Abby here to help me with something so we're going to step out into the hall for a little bit, alright?"

Arianna laughed. "Dad, I'm twenty-four, I'll be fine!" She shoved him lightly. "Go talk! Oh, and see if they can bring my son to me! You know, I am his mother and I don't see why they have to keep him down the hall!"

Tony laughed. "Aye, aye captain!" He saluted and then stepped out into the hall with Abby. "So, do you have an idea for the nursery? She's really into fantasy type stuff… that's kind of the reason she's an actress."

Abby smiled. "I think I can come up with something."

He handed her his credit card and the key to his apartment. "Nothing too wild, and don't break me, Scuito!"

"Now, Tony! Do I look like an extremely expensive shopper to you?" She asked, smiling, and he shook his head. "That's what I thought! Now, you just leave everything to me, and you go and relax with your daughter and grandson!"She shoved him towards the door. "Everything will be perfect tomorrow when you bring them home!" And with that Tony watched his Goth friend skip merrily down the hall. Shaking his head with laughter, he made his way down the hall to fetch his grandson. He knew that he could trust Abby.

The next day had come faster than he had expected, but Abby had reassured him that everything was ready for their arrival home. She'd also taken him to home to fetch Arianna's car and they had installed the car seat. He didn't remember them having so many pieces but it was actually a lot more convenient. Finally, they were all set to go home. The nurse was wheeling Arianna down to the door so he was going to get the car.

He pulled up to the door and hopped out, smiling as the nurse wheeled his daughter and grandson out into the sunlight. Draven's tiny forehead crinkled in a frown. Tony chuckled slightly, and walked towards. "Don't fret little man! It's just the outside world. You'll get used to it eventually." He teased as he bent to take him from Arianna. Once he'd settled the small baby in his arms, he smiled down at his daughter. "You ready to get home and settled in?" She nodded. "Alright, just let me get him in the car seat and I'll be back to help you in." He carried Draven to the car and opened the door. He then gently laid him in the car seat and buckled him in and adjusted the straps to the right size. After closing the door, he rushed back to Arianna and helped her into the back seat next to Draven. "Ok, let's go home!"

After the short drive home, Tony parked the car in front of the building. He helped Arianna out of the car and then grabbed the carrier from the car. Things were A LOT easier than they were when Arianna was a baby. No more unbuckling and re-buckling the car seat every time he got the car seat out or put it back in. Just a snap and a click. He held his other arm out for Arianna to grasp and the family made their ways up stairs.

Tony unlocked the door and held the door open for Arianna to enter the apartment. He was shocked, however, when he saw "Welcome Home" banners and balloons. Abby had really out done herself. Arianna looked around and grinned. "So, this is what you had to talk to Abby about in private?"

"Well, yeah, but there is something else as well. Come here and let's take a look." He nodded towards the hallway. He took her to the extra bedroom which was right across the hall and usually used for just storage. He was a little anxious to see the results himself. He slowly opened the door, and both of their mouths fell open. For the short amount of time she had, Abby had done a magnificent job on the nursery!

A cherry wood sleigh bed crib was pushed against the far wall and a hanging mural of a pirate ship sailing on the water hung behind the crib. The bed coverings were in strips of different shades of blue and brown. The walls had been painted the blue of the ocean on the murals and waves and small rocks could be seen painted in various parts of the room. A matching cherry changing table was on the adjacent wall of the crib and a pirate cove had been painted above it. Opposite of the changing table was the matching dresser and another ship had been painted there. All in all, the room was beautiful!

Arianna's hand was covering her mouth and she looked close to tears. "Oh my goodness! It's amazing! How in the world did she do all this in one day?"

"I have no clue, but Abby has tons of friends, so there is no telling how this amazing room came about." Tony told her.

Arianna walked into the room and ran her hands along the crib. She then walked to the changing table. "Dad!" She exclaimed. "She already bought diapers, wipes, powder, well, everything!" She then walked across the room to the dresser and opened drawer after drawer. "They're all full of clothes too!" She then smiled at Tony. "Dad? Did you pay for all of this?" He nodded. "You should have told me and I would have given you my card!"

Tony shook his head. "Nope, this is my gift to you and Draven." He then pointed inside the crib, looks like Abby left you a gift as well."

Arianna peeked back into the crib and was shocked to find a black gift bag sitting in the middle of the bed. She picked it up and read the card. "For my new friend and her special surprise: Every kid should have a little Goth side to them. Love, Aunt Abby!" She raised her eyebrow with a smile. "A Goth side huh?" She reached into the bag and pulled out a black onesy. There were words on the front written in read, and Arianna started laughing. She held the shirt up for Tony to see. "Mummy's Little Vampire!" She read out loud and Tony laughed with her. She reached into the bag again and pulled out a white pacifier with a black skull and cross-bones on it.

"Well, if Abby has kids, I know how they'll be dressed!" Tony exclaimed with a laugh.

Arianna nodded. "But it's cute! I never would have thought of putting my child in clothes like this but it's actually really cute. Tomorrow, when we go to get the DNA test we'll dress him in his new outfit. I'm sure there's a pair of jeans and some shoes to go with it somewhere in here!"

"That would definitely make Abby's day." He then groaned and lifted the carried to sit on the changing table. "Ya know, for such a little guy, he's heavy! How about we get him settled in his new bed?"
Arianna nodded. "Yeah, he needs to see enjoy his gifts from the greatest Poppi ever."

Tony watched as his daughter lifted her son out of the carrier. It was still hard to believe sometimes but it was a great feeling to have extended his family and to see the joy his grandson brought to Arianna. She loved her son, and he loved them both. Hopefully, when they discovered who Draven's father was, the three of them could be a real family and he would be around to watch over them.
Chapter Three by AriannaDiNozzo
Chapter Three

The afternoon they had gotten home from the hospital, Director Sheppard, Ducky, and even Gibbs stopped by the DiNozzo household to see baby Draven. And just as Tony and Abby had notice, all three of them noticed that Draven had a very familiar quality about him that was no DiNozzo. Maybe finding his father would be easier than originally thought. Tony looked at his alarm clock. They would find out soon enough. It was 5:45, his alarm was due to go off in fifteen minutes. Draven had only woken up twice during the night, and both times, Arianna had insisted that she didn't need his help. But she was his daughter and Draven was his grandson, so he would offer his help every time the baby cried. Even though Abby had decorated the nursery amazingly, Arianna wasn't ready for Draven to sleep in there by himself, so they had set up a portable crib in her bedroom that they could move into the living room when needed.

Hopping out of his bed he made his way down the hall to his bathroom. However, he paused outside of Arianna's bedroom. He could hear her beautiful voice singing a lullaby to her son. He couldn't make out the words, but the melody was beautiful and her voice made it even more so. His daughter was truly talented, and he knew that her son would be equally if not more talented. Walking into the bathroom, he hopped in the shower smiling. Even if his father turned out to be a deadbeat, both would be fine.

Arianna heard the shower turn on and knew her dad was awake. She looked down at Draven sleeping in her arms. She felt a little giddy knowing that they would possibly know his father's name by the end of the day. Getting up slowly so as not to jar him awake, she laid Draven in his crib and then she began to get dressed. She had taken a shower the night before so it would be easier for them to leave that morning. Everyone kept mentioning that Draven reminded them of someone besides herself or her dad, so she was hoping that they would most definitely find the father of her baby. She wasn't a hopeless romantic, though. She did not expect her and this man to fall in love, but she did hope that they could at least be good friends for the sake of their son.

She and Draven were waiting in the living room when Tony got out of the shower and was finally dressed. She raised an eyebrow at him. "Well, usually, I'm asleep when you leave, so I never had any clue how long it took you to get ready these days! Sheesh! If I had known you were going to take that long I would have stayed in bed!" She exclaimed quietly, laughing.

"Well, you don't think the Tony DiNozzo look happens by accident do you?" He replied with a cocky grin.

"Oh my God, Dad, you're hopeless!" She exclaimed rolling her eyes. "Let's head to NCIS already! We'll grab some breakfast on the way there." She said practically bouncing.

"Alright, alright!" He said grabbing her keys since Draven's carseat wouldn't fit in his car. He stopped and turned around with a serious look on his face. "Just don't get your hope too high ok? This isn't a guaranteed thing. If he's not in our database then we most like won't be able to find him without spending a very pretty penny. And even if he is, he may not be looking for a family, and he may not want anything to do with you or Draven."

Arianna smiled softly. "I know, Dad. I'm not a child. I don't believe that we will fall into each other's arms and love each other and live happily ever after. But I can keep some hope that he will be a decent guy that will at least want to be friends for the sake of his son."

"Alright then, let's go."

They stopped by McDonald's Drive-Thru and grabbed a couple of McMuffins. While he was ok to eat donuts for breakfast, he knew that she couldn't stand sweets for breakfast. They had just finished eating when Tony parked in his regular spot in the NCIS parking lot. Both got out of the car and he grabbed Draven from the backseat. The front desk clerk gave him an odd look as he walked into the building with a baby carrier and a young woman. He just smiled. "Morning, Carla. Could I have a pass for my daughter here?" He asked indicating to Arianna.

"Um, yeah sure." She blushed and fumbled for a temporary pass. She handed it over the desk. "I didn't know you had a daughter. And who's this little guy?" She asked waving her hand to Draven.

"This is my grandson, Draven." He informed her as he took the pass. "Thanks, Carla, see ya around."

The small family walked away from the blonde whose mouth had fallen open. Oh, this was going to be a fun day. As they stepped onto the elevator, he received more looks. Just before the doors closed, Palmer rushed into the elevator bumping into Arianna. "Oh, sorry about that ma'am."

"It's fine." She replied with a slight smile.

Palmer then noticed Tony holding the baby carrier. He just stared. After a few seconds, Arianna leaned towards Tony. "Um, Dad? What's Harry Potter over there staring at?" She whispered.

He laughed out. "That's Ducky's assistant." Her mouth formed an O. "Hey, Palmer, something bothering ya?"

"Uh, no Tony, just wondering whose baby that was."

"Hers." He nodded toward Arianna.

"Oh, and who's she?"

Tony grinned. "My daughter."

Palmer's mouth fell open as Tony and Arianna got off the elevator at Abby's lab. "See ya later Palmer!" Tony yelled over his shoulder with a laugh.

Tony opened the door to Abby's lab cautiously. The last thing they needed was for Draven to be deafened by Abby's loud music. Luckily, her music was low. She was expecting them after all. "Hey, Abs!"

Abby turned around with a big smile. "Hey guys!" She exclaimed running up to hug them. She then bent down to Draven's eye level. "Aw! He's looks so cute in the shirt I bought him!"

"We figured it was only fitting for a visit to Aunt Abby!" Arianna said with a smile.

Tony set the carrier on the evidence table. He then unstrapped Draven and lifted him from the carrier. "Ok, Abs, so how are we going to do this? I know you'll have to take his blood, so I believe it'll be best that I hold him." He turned to Arianna. "You won't want to hold him while he's in pain. It killed me when they had to do your first check up." She nodded.

(A/N: Ok, I dunno how a DNA test works and I don't care so I'm just making something up because it's a fanfic and it doesn't matter.)

Abby motioned for him to join her at the Mass Spectrometer. "Ok, so I'll take a small sample of his blood and place it in my baby here. It could take awhile to find results because there are a lot of men in our system. And if he's not in our system then I may be able to hack into other systems. But I might need Tim's help for that." She put some latex gloves on and then reached behind her and grabbed an alcohol swab and small needle. She looked to Tony who nodded and then to Arianna who also nodded. Abby's lips thinned grimly as she swabbed Draven little foot, and then pricked him enough to bring a nice bubble of blood. Almost instantly, Draven began to wail. Abby dabbed his foot onto the slide, and then placed the slide into the machine. She then quickly placed a Band-Aid on the baby's foot. Arianna was at her father's side instantly when the baby had begun crying.

Tony bounced the baby to calm him. Draven's cries when quieting but he was still extremely upset. No one noticed Ziva walk into the lab. "Who's baby and why is Tony holding the child?"

Everyone turned around to face Ziva. "Oh hi, Ziva!" Abby exclaimed.

"Hey Zee." Tony said quietly. "Well, I might as well get it over with." Ziva raised her eyebrow. "This is my daughter, Arianna and this is my grandson, Draven. We're here to find Draven's dad because Arianna and the father were drugged and she left because she was embarrassed."

Ziva's eyebrows shot up. "Oh." Was all she managed to say.

The machine started dinging. "Well, apparently, we've got a match! That didn't take long at all!" Abby exclaimed, happily and they all rushed to her computer. "Let's see who the lucky man is!" She began typing on her keyboard. "And here he is!" She said and pressed last key. As the face and name materialized, three out of the four adults gasped.

"MCGEE!" Tony yelled, in shock and anger.

"What, Tony?" Came the other man's voice from behind.

They all turned to face the clueless Timothy McGee. At least they now knew why the baby had familiar features.
Chapter Four by AriannaDiNozzo
Chapter Four

Tim looked around nervously. Why in the world was everyone staring at him? "Um, what guys?" Then his forehead crinkled when he saw Abby's computer screen. "Um, Abby, why am I on your screen? What am I a positive match for?"

Abby looked to Tony who was still glaring at the younger man. "Um, maybe Tony should tell you… Right Tony?"

"Yeah, sure, why not?" Tony said, sharply. "Well, McFertile, your DNA is a positive match to his DNA!" He pointed to the baby laying in the arms of a woman who was slightly familiar.

Tim's eyes widened. "Wha?" Was all he managed at first. "What are you talking about?"

"That's your son! You're a father! You knocked up my daughter for crying out loud!" Tony yelled.

"I, what! I knocked up who?"

"This is my daughter, Arianna DiNozzo. Arianna, this is Timothy McGee." Tony replied quieter.

Arianna stepped forward. "Hi… I remember you, but I thought you were a book writer named Thom Gemcity?" She said quietly.

"You… You're the one from the play. The one where I was the special guest." Tim said quietly. She nodded. He then looked to the baby in her arms. "But I-how did- I mean, I don't remember anything from that night."

"All I remember is waking up in a strange bed and you were there. I didn't stick around, I was too embarrassed to." She bit her lip. "I just thought if I put it behind me I could forget it happened. But then Draven surprised me." She smiled down at her son.

Tim felt dizzy. "Draven… oh man, I need to sit down." He plopped heavily onto a stool. "So… am I really the father?" Everyone nodded. He breathed in and then out very slowly. "Oh."

"He really looks a lot like you, McGee." Ziva commented.

His eyes widened and he looked over to the baby, then up into his mother's eyes. "So, his name's Draven?"

Arianna nodded slowly walking closer to Tim. "Yeah, Draven Anthony… well, McGee if you'd like."

He could feel his heart pounding as he examined the tiny face once more. Big blues eyes looked up at him. At that moment, Tim felt his inside melting and he smiled down at the baby… his son. Wow, he thought, I have a son. He looked back Arianna and smiled. "I think I'd like that very much."

At that moment, Gibbs walked into the lab. "May I ask what the hell everyone is doing down here? We have work that needs to be done and you're all down here chit chatting?" It was then he noticed a lot of things at once. McGee's picture was on Abby's screen flashing match, DiNozzo's daughter was there with her son, and McGee was staring at the baby with an amazed smile on his face. McGee was the father of DiNozzo's grandson? Oh that was too much. "Ok, someone tell me quickly what's going on? I'm sure I've already figured it out."

"McGee's Draven's dad." Tony stated plainly.

"Alright then, DiNozzo, David, you're with me. McGee, you stay here and get to know your son. When I get back he had better be in your arms." He told the young agent pointedly, who nodded.

Tony stopped by Arianna and kissed her forehead. "You have any problems, call me." He then looked to Tim. "Don't screw up, Probie… I'll know."

Arianna rolled her eyes as Tim nodded. Her dad really thought he was scary when really he was just a big softy. She then looked to Tim. He seemed really sweet. Kind of nervous, but sweet. She could tell he would be a good father for Draven. "Is there somewhere private we can talk?"

Tim's eyes snapped back to hers. "Um, yeah." He stood up and then looked around. There was a carrier and a diaper bag on the evidence table. Her arms were full with Draven. "Do you want me to grab this stuff?"

"Um, yes please." She nodded. She then looked back to Abby. "Bye Abby! I'll see ya later!"

"Bye guys!" She said with a smile. Those two would be totally cute together. And it seemed that there was already a little bit of attraction there. She believed that maybe match making would be need soon if they didn't get together!

Arianna and Tim stood awkwardly together in the elevator. It was weird to have a baby with someone and not know anything about that person. Tim noticed that Arianna walked with a limp, and it made him curious as to what had happened. She was really pretty, but she looked really young! His heart started pounding again. How old was she? God, had he slept with a teenager!? "Um, how old are you?"

She looked to him and noticed how nervous he looked. She laughed out. "I'm twenty-four. Don't worry I'm legal!"

"Oh… ok. But that would have made Tony sixteen when you were born!" Arianna nodded. "Wow…. It's hard to see Tony as a dad… he's really immature."

Arianna laughed again. "He can be at times."

They stepped out of the elevator and Tim tried to ignore the stares they were receiving. He led her to one of the conference rooms. He pulled out a chair for her and she smiled thanking him quietly before sitting down slowly. He set the carrier and diaper bag on the table and sat next to her. "So, uh, how old is Draven? He's pretty small."

"He's two days old." Tim's eyes widened. "And he's a little underweight because I didn't even know I was pregnant until I went into labor." His eyes widened farther. "I didn't have a pregnant belly, not symptoms, and I never missed a period. I thought my appendix had burst!" She exclaimed with a laugh.

Tim laughed slightly. "That must have been a shock." Arianna nodded.

They sat there quietly for a moment, and then Arianna looked to him. "Would you like to hold him?" She asked quietly.

He looked scared for a moment and then nodded. She stood slowly, and then placed the baby in his father's arms. "There we go." She sat back down gently. "Wow, you two really do look a lot alike!" She exclaimed with a smile.

He smiled and looked down at the tiny baby in his arms. A warmth spread through him, and he fell in love with the little boy. His son. His parents were never going to believe it, and his sister would have a cow. He looked up to Arianna and saw her wince slightly. He frowned. "Are you alright?"

"I'll be fine. Let's just say labor and delivery is not easy for someone who's just had hip surgery."

"Hip surgery? What happened?"

"Well, as you know, I'm an actress. But I've had a lot of obstacles to overcome to reach this place and I over did it." She raised her pants leg to her knee revealing a scar that ran from the inside of her sock and past her knee. "I was born with inverted tibia bones which caused my legs to be turned to inside. This caused me to have problems with my hips and spine. I've had over fifteen surgeries. When I was eighteen, a prop from a play I was in collapsed on top of me and I was almost paralyzed. Then I overdid a few months ago and I had to have surgery on my hip."

"Wow, seems you've had a rough time of it! But you've overcome all that and you've become an amazing actress. That's very admirable." Tim exclaimed with a smile.

"Thank you." She smiled shyly.

Draven then began to cry, and Tim froze. What did he do now? Arianna chuckled slightly. "Don't tense up, he can sense when you're tense. Just bounce him gently, and we'll see if he's hungry." Tim followed her instructions and Draven quieted but he was still fussing. Arianna grabbed a bottle from the bag and handed him the bottle. "Just ease the bottle to his lips, if he's hungry he'll take it." She then moved behind him and looked over his shoulder. Tim rubbed the nipple of the bottle at Draven's mouth, and the baby immediately began suckling. Tim looked up at her and smiled. "See, it's not that hard." She smiled.

"It's not is it." He whispered in awe. He could do this. He could be a father. He looked back over his shoulder. Arianna smiled at him once more. And maybe, in time, he and Arianna could become a proper family for Draven. She was pretty and very sweet. He could see himself liking her. He was already sure that he could be her friend. But could they be more? Only time would tell on that front.
This story archived at http://www.ncisfiction.com/viewstory.php?sid=3613