Alex's Fight For Freedom by TibbsFangiri89
Summary: Girl!McGee. Alexandra McGee had been hurt when she was younger and no one came to her rescue. Singing was the only thing that made her feel human. What happens when the people she works with find out about her past life?
Categories: Gibbs/DiNozzo, Kate/Abby, Other Slash Pairings, Other Het Pairings Characters: Abby Sciuto, Anthony DiNozzo, Donald Mallard, Jimmy Palmer, Kate Todd, Leroy Jethro Gibbs, Original character, Other, Jenny Shephard, Ziva David, Gerald Jackson
Genre: Alternate Universe, Angst, Drama, Established relationship, Hurt/Comfort, Romance, Song fic
Pairing: Gibbs/DiNozzo, Kate/Abby, McGee/OMC, Ducky/Palmer, Jen/OMC, Ziva/OMC
Warnings: Mpreg, Partner betrayal, Rape, Violence
Challenges:
Series: None
Chapters: 3 Completed: No Word count: 6479 Read: 9751 Published: 04/27/2010 Updated: 04/28/2010
Story Notes:
Disclaimer: NCIS and its characters don't belong to me. They belong to the CBS creators, producers and executives. I MAKE NO MONEY WHATSOEVER FROM THIS STORY. Also, I Will Not Bow by Breaking Benjamin, The Better Life by 3 Doors Down, Fighter by Christina Aguilera, and Going Under by Evanescence do not BELONG to me. They are property of the artists that wrote them.

1. Going Under by TibbsFangiri89

2. Fighter by TibbsFangiri89

3. The Better Life by TibbsFangiri89

Going Under by TibbsFangiri89
Author's Notes:
Girl!McGee. Alexandra McGee had been hurt when she was younger and no one came to her rescue. Singing and being in a well-known band was the only thing that made her feel human. What happens when the people she works with find out about her past life?
Alexandra Christina McGee had woken up and she sat up in bed. She was relieved that all of the NCIS agents were on vacation for a month and it would give her some time to go down to the club and play some of her music. Her best friends, Kate Todd and Abby Sciuto, knew about her being able to sing when they had heard her in the shower. Her guitar was inside the closet in its case and she needed to finish the latest song that she had been working on for a while. It was called Going Under and she had been writing it because her boyfriend, Jacob Rivers had hurt her by sleeping with her younger sister, Sarah Isabella McGee. Alex had even found out that she was pregnant and was going to tell the older man about his impending fatherhood.

The young woman pulled back the covers from her body and got out of the bed to get dressed for the day. Kate and Abby had called her to see what she was up to last night and she told the two women that she was just resting since her twins were making her sick at the moment. Alex was six months pregnant with twin boys that she was going to name Andrew Donald McGee and David Jethro McGee. Dr. Donald "Ducky" Mallard was like a father to her since her own parents disowned her a while back, while Leroy Jethro Gibbs and his husband, Anthony David DiNozzo-Gibbs, were like her older brothers. The two men made sure that she was comfortable and had everything she needed for her sons' arrival. Tony was seven months pregnant with his third child, a little girl that he and Jethro planned to name Julia Alexandra Gibbs. Alex had been surprised when she found out that Tony's daughter was going to have her first name as a middle name. Tony's other two children, Blake Anthony Gibbs and Kristopher Wyatt Gibbs, were her godsons since she and Tony had grown up together before she moved to another state. Alex pulled out a pair of black jeans and a green t-shirt. She dressed quickly and then slipped her feet into her green and black checkered Vans. After she was dressed, she grabbed her guitar and headed out of the bedroom.

As she walked downstairs to the living room, Alex was thinking of what to get Tony for his baby shower. It was surprising that she and Tony were pregnant around the same time and would deliver their children around the same time as well. The young agent often wondered how her life would have turned out if her ex-boyfriend hadn't cheated on her with her younger sister. She would have probably been either engaged or married at least. Alex wasn't going to dwell on the past anymore. She needed to be strong for herself and her sons that were arriving in about two and a half months. When she got to the living room, she walked over to the couch and placed her instrument on the ground beside the couch. She opened her notebook to the page where she had stopped at and continued to write the last few stanzas of her song. Once she was finished, Alex grabbed her guitar and started to practice the song that she finished writing. The strings of the guitar carried the tune of the song that the woman had written and when she was satisfied, she grabbed her keys and phone from the dining table. Alex slipped her guitar back into its case and swung it over her shoulder as she headed out of the house.

Pier 7 Nightclub
Jethro, Tony, Kate, Abby, Ducky, Jimmy, Jenny, her boyfriend Richard Matthews, Ziva and her boyfriend Michael Rivkin were sitting at one of the tables close to the front of the stage. Tony had his head resting on his husband's shoulder while the older man's hand was rubbing his stomach softly. Blake and Kristopher were spending the night over their friend's house since they were about to graduate from junior high school in a few weeks. Abby had Kate sitting in her lap as they were kissing and chatting about nonsensical things before the show started; Richard had his arm around Jenny's waist and the NCIS director giggled softly when the older man nipped at her ear gently; and Michael had his arms around Ziva's waist as they were talking. Abby said, "This is your chance to hear Alex play the guitar and sing like she said she could. She may be surprised to see the rest of you all except Kate and I. We had come to see her sing before her band had become well-known throughout the city first and then the state."

Backstage, Alex paced back and forth nervously. Her friends/teammates were out there in the audience to see her sing and play the guitar. Playing the guitar was a stress and pain reliever from what she had been put through while she was younger and what happened with Sarah and Jacob six months ago. The first singer had been called up and she knew that she and her band were the seventh group to perform last. Brett Hartford walked over to the younger woman and rested both his hands on her shoulders. "Alex, you'll do great our there. Trevor, Patrick, and I got your back," Brett said and Alex hugged her best friend.

Out in front, Arturo Mendoza walked up to the microphone and said, "Welcome to Open Mic Night here at Pier 7. I would like to introduce our first singer of the night. Give it up for Daniel Rodriguez." Everyone clapped for the singer and the young man who looked to be no older than twenty-three started to sing his song that he picked for the night. It was called Forever Always. The NCIS group nodded their heads to the beat of the music and when Daniel finished, the audience. Arturo walked back onto the stage and said, "Give it up one more time for Daniel Rodriguez. Good job man." Daniel nodded and shook the club owner's hand before walking off the stage.

An hour after the six singers had gone, Arturo got back on stage and said, "It's been a good Open Mic Night. There is one last performance from a local band and they have a couple new songs to sing for you all. Give it up for Vocal Adrenaline." Alex, Brett, Trevor and Patrick walked onto stage and Abby squealed happily when she saw her best friend. "The four band members have been together for the last nine years and they finally received a few record deals. Their third album will be out in two weeks. Now, let's hear them play," he said and handed the microphone over to Alex. The young woman smiled as she watched the club owner walk offstage.

Alex turned to face the audience and cleared her throat. "Evening everyone. Like Arturo said, we're Vocal Adrenaline and we're here to sing some songs that we've written for our album. Brett Hartford is on drums, Trevor White is on bass, and Patrick Martin is on bass as well. The first song we like to perform is called Going Under," Alex spoke into the microphone. The young woman watched as Brett counted off the beat and then Alex started to let the words flow from her mouth as Trevor started to play the introductory guitar. Brett joined in with the drums while Patrick waited for the chorus to come.

Now I will tell you what I've done for you
Fifty thousand tears I've cried
Screaming, deceiving and bleeding for you
And you still won't hear me, going under

Everyone was awestruck at the voice coming from Alex. They didn't think that her voice sounded so fluid, penetrating and soothing all rolled into one. Abby knew that her friends were shocked to see the normally shy Alexandra McGee on stage singing her heart out. The second stanza of the song was where Patrick had joined in and Alex continued to sing the song that she and the three men had written together. Alex knew that she would have to face her demons sooner or later.

Don't want your hand this time, I'll save myself
Maybe I'll wake up for once
Not tormented daily, defeated by you
Just when I thought, I reached the bottom

I'm dying again, I'm going under
Drowning in you, I'm falling forever
I've got to break through, I'm going under

Blurring and stirring the truth and the lies
So I don't know what's real and what's not
So I don't know what's real and what's not
Always confusing the thoughts in my head

Alex knew that she was getting into the song and didn't mind it at all. Every time she was on stage in front of people, she would let all her emotions out into her singing and her best friends/band mates knew that she needed to sing as strongly as possible to calm herself down. Brett knew that Alex was still recovering from the pain Jacob put her through six months ago and caught her once she had come to him in tears. Brett did have feelings for Alex, but knew that the younger woman didn't love him the way he wanted to. When he met Alex's best friend Catherine Blackford, he asked her out for drinks and realized that the honey blond-haired woman was his soul mate after all and his feelings for Alex died down to a brotherly affection. Brett hoped that his adopted sister would find someone to love her like she deserved to be loved.

So I can't trust myself anymore
I'm dying again, I'm going under
Drowning in you, I'm falling forever
I've got to break through, I'm

So go on and scream
Scream at me, I'm so far away
I won't be broken again
I've got to breathe, I can't keep going under

I'm dying again, I'm going under
Drowning in you, I'm falling forever
I've got to break through, I'm going under
Going under, I'm going under

Alex held the last note of the song for a few seconds longer and then ended it. Everyone started clapping and shouting for the band's performance. She was actually feeling much better and knew that the next song will be the one to help her be happy once more. "Alright, this is our last song for the evening and it's entitled I Will Not Bow," Alex said and she started to play her guitar that was hanging from around her body. She played the intro and Brett along with Trevor joined in with her. Abby looked at the others and knew that they were stunned with Alex's performance and secret life that she had been living for a while.

Fall!

Now the dark begins to rise
Save your breath, it's far from over
Leave the lost and dead behind
Now's your chance to run for cover
I don't want to change the world,
I just want to leave it colder
Light the fuse and burn it up
Take the path that leads to nowhere

As Alex was singing and playing her guitar, Abby looked over at her friends and said, "I told you that Alex was a musical genius. None of you believed me or Kate when we told you that Alex was a well-known music artist and now you see for yourself. On YouTube, people posted interviews that Vocal Adrenaline had given at one point in time." Jenny, Richard, Jethro, Tony, Ducky, Jimmy, Ziva and Michael nodded their heads as they continued to listen to the junior field agent sing into the microphone.

Fall!

Watch the end through dying eyes
Now the dark is taking over
Show me where forever dies
Take the fall and run to heaven

All is lost again, but I'm not giving in...

I will not bow, I will not break
I will shut the world away
I will not fall, I will not fade
I will take your breath away

And I'll survive, paranoid
I have lost the will to change
And I'm not proud, cold blooded fake
I will shut the world away

Fall!

I will not bow, I will not break
I will shut the world away
I will not fall, I will not fade
I will take your breath away

And I'll survive, paranoid
I have lost the will to change
And I'm not proud, cold blooded fate
I will shut the world away

Fall!

After the last word of the song, the band watched as the whole club gave them a standing ovation. Arturo walked onto the stage and hugged Alex after the performance she and the three men gave. "Give it up for Vocal Adrenaline!" Arturo shouted into the microphone and the clubbers were all clapping and shouting out their happiness. "I received a call from one of their record producers and he thinks the band should do a tour. How do you all feel about that?" Arturo asked and everyone shouted their agreements. The field agent/singer knew that she would have to explain why she hadn't told her friends about her singing career that she kept on the side. The young woman would also explain how her whole singing career started when she was younger.

After their performance was over, Alex and her friends walked backstage to pack up their belongings and instruments. Brett's drum set would be taken of by the stagehands that were on call for the night. The band talked for a little bit and then exchanged hugs as they said their goodbyes to one another. Alex walked towards the backstage exit to join her friends at their table. As she was walking through the club, people congratulated and patted her back for a well-done performance. When she finally made it over to where the group was sitting, she smiled and said, "Thanks for showing up tonight. I was going to tell you all about my side career when I was ready to."

Alex pulled a chair from an empty table and sat down beside Jethro. "I've been the lead singer of Vocal Adrenaline for the last six years since my other friend, Damien Storm, left the group to begin a family with his wife. They are now the proud parents of three boys and have another baby on the way. The reason why I started singing was because of my past. I'll explain it to you all at my house over some drinks. Tony, I have some sparkling cider for the both of us since we're pregnant," she said and the senior field agent smiled at her. Alex grinned and continued to talk to her friends about the record deals Vocal Adrenaline received.

Alex's House
The NCIS team members had gathered in Alex's house and they were waiting for the young woman to come into the living room. Alex walked through the doors with drinks for everyone and they took the offered glasses. "Alright, I should explain what happened to me when I was younger. I'll start from the beginning," Alex said and everyone sat back to listen to the woman's tale. "I was about thirteen years old and I had joined the girls' soccer team at my junior high school. I was so excited to be playing soccer and all because I was very talented at the game and my father taught me to play. The coach, Robert Dawson, had decided to use me as an example for the team by showing all the different techniques. He had his hands on me all the time, but I didn't make anything of it. I just thought that it was fatherly affection, but I was sorely mistaken with that. As the year passed, his touches started going lower. One day I was in the girl's locker room changing when I saw Coach Dawson standing in the doorway. I asked him why he was in the girl's locker room and he kept coming closer to me. I backed away slowly and then he grabbed my waist," Alex said and stopped to take a large sip of her drink.

"Back to the story now. He said that I was teasing him with the way I walked, dressed, and flicked my hair back from off my shoulders. I was very afraid of the man and he ripped my shorts down to touch me. I tried to fight him off and grab the pepper spray I kept with me at all times, but he was bigger and stronger than me. He slammed me against the lockers and said that I was going to be a good little girl while he had some fun with me. Before I knew it, he shoved his cock inside me and oh my God it burned like complete Hell. I felt like I was being torn from the inside out and no one could hear my screams from inside the locker room. After he came inside me, he pushed me to the ground and said that if I told anyone about what happened I was dead. From then on, I never really talked and my parents knew that something was wrong with me. I finally ended up going to the hospital and having a rape kit performed on me. It was a good thing that I was on birth control at the time because I would have been devastated if I ended up pregnant with my rapist's child. The police officers and doctors made sure that everything was confidential, so no one else could access my file. I had gone into therapy and the only way I could communicate was either through sign language or singing and playing the guitar. A few of the counselors heard me singing one night in my room and encouraged me to continue. I did it and here I am today," Alex finished her story. Everyone could see that Alex was truly a fighter and pieced together some facts. They realized that the expectant mother became a NCIS agent to bring closure to families that lost loved ones.
End Notes:
Disclaimer: NCIS and its characters don't belong to me. They belong to the CBS creators, producers and executives. I MAKE NO MONEY WHATSOEVER FROM THIS STORY. Also, I Will Not Bow by Breaking Benjamin, The Better Life by 3 Doors Down, Fighter by Christina Aguilera, and Going Under by Evanescence do not BELONG to me. They are property of the artists that wrote them.
Fighter by TibbsFangiri89
Author's Notes:
Alex had explained her past life to her friends. What happens when someone from her past returns to finish what they started? Will tragedy happen or will Alex finally get the closure that she always wanted?
Alex was glad that she had told her friends about her past and got it off her chest finally. Carrying around a burden such as the one she was dealing with would tire a person down and wear them down to the point of no return. Abby was the first one to tackle Alex and wrap her arms around the other woman. Alex chuckled and returned Abby's enthusiastic hug after the Goth glomped her. "Abs, everything is alright now. If someone tried to hurt me again, I'm trained to shoot effectively, rendering my attacker incapacitated or shoot them dead if I have to. I'm an agent and a former Marine to boot," Alex said and the forensic specialist nodded her head against her best friend's shoulder.

Kate stood up from her seat and walked over to retrieve her girlfriend from Alex's arms. "Well, I should be getting some rest since it's late and I have to go see my sister in the morning about something. At least our older brother, Landon Michael "Mikey" McGee, and his wife Angela Roberts-McGee, will be there to referee between us. I'm still pissed at her, but she's family," Alex said. Everyone could hear the disdain and loathing in the woman's voice, but perked up a little bit at the mention of her older brother and his wife. "Tony, I'll be over to pick you up so we can go shopping and hang out for a while. Jimmy, I'm dragging you along as well," she added and exchanged hugs with her friends.

After everyone left, Alex closed the front door and made sure to lock it securely. She placed the used glasses onto the tray she carried them on and walked into the kitchen to clean them. The young woman turned some music on while she was starting some dish water and searching for something to eat since she was a little hungry at the moment. When the water was finished, she turned the faucet off and placed the glasses into the sink to let them soak for a few minutes. Unbeknown to Alex, the man that made her life a living Hell was lurking outside her house. Robert Dawson looked through the bushes that he was hiding in and saw that Alex was pregnant. 'Hmm, she has definitely grown up from the last time that I saw her out in public. She looks very beautiful pregnant and I bet that making love with her would be so much better than last time,' Dawson thought to himself. He slowly made his way towards the sliding glass door and saw that it was unlocked.

Alex had finished cleaning the glasses and dried them off to place back into the cabinet. She had heard something outside and looked over at the sliding glass door. Dawson hid against the wall and made sure that the expectant mother didn't see him. Alex frowned and headed into the living room. She made sure that her gun was still clipped to her waist and her back-up weapon was close for her to reach it. Dawson walked through the glass door and said, "Hello Alexandra. Did you miss me?" Alex froze when she heard the familiar voice and turned to face the man that had raped her repeatedly until she had graduated from junior high school. "You look even more beautiful than the last time I saw you," he said and walked over to her. Alex made sure that her hand was close to her gun and a song on the radio started to play. It was called Fighter by Christina Aguilera and she listened to the lyrics that were being sung by the woman.

After all you put me through
You'd think I'd despise you
But in the end I wanna thank you
'Cause you made that much stronger

Alex was pulled into her rapist's arms and tried to free herself, but the bigger man had an ironclad grip on her waist. "Yes, you are very beautiful from the pregnancy glow that is surrounding you. Your hair has grown longer and thicker from the last time I saw you out in public with your friends. Let's head upstairs so I can finish what I meant to do when you were younger," Dawson growled out. Alex raised her knee up slightly and then smashed it into the older man's ribs as hard as she could. Dawson lost his grip and Alex punched him right in the face to make sure that his nose was broken. She backed away from the man as fast as she could and Dawson looked up at her with crazy eyes.

"That wasn't very nice, Alexandra," he said and lunged for the expectant mother. He grabbed her and twisted her arm until an audible crack was heard. Alex screamed out in pain and she panted as she planned her next attack while her left arm was cradled against her chest. The woman used her foot and hooked it behind Dawson's leg to make sure that she was able to take him down. She managed to throw both of them through the glass table with as much force as she could create from taking Dawson's leg out from underneath him.

Well I thought I knew you
Thinking that you were true
Guess I, I couldn't trust called your bluff
Time is up, 'cause I've had enough

You were there by my side
Always down for the ride
But your joy ride just came down in flames
'Cause your greed sold me out in shame, mmm hmm

After all of the stealing and cheating
You probably think that
I hold resentment for you
But uh uh, oh no, you're wrong

'Cause if it wasn't for all
That you tried to do
I wouldn't know just how capable I am to pull through
So I wanna say thank you

Alex moaned painfully and rolled herself off the dazed and confused man that attacked her. She looked over at him and saw that he was getting up once more. "You're going to pay for that, bitch! I tried playing nice with you and you decided to fuck it all up. Playtime's over and now you're going to die!" Dawson snarled and pulled a knife from his belt. He charged at Alex, but the expectant mother was quick with pulling her firearm from her waist. She emptied five gunshots into the man's chest in rapid succession. The sixth and final shot hit the older man square between his eyes. Alex knew that she had delivered the killing shot and sighed happily for the first time in years. Robert Dawson couldn't hurt anyone ever again since he was finally dead. The expectant mother let her hand drop to the floor, the gun falling from her fingers. Alex closed her eyes and just laid on the floor silently.

'Cause it
Makes me that much stronger
Makes me work a little bit harder
Makes me that much wiser
So thanks for making me a fighter

Made me learn a little bit faster
Made my skin a little bit thicker
Makes me that much smarter
So thanks for making me a fighter

Never saw it coming
All of your backstabbing
Just so, you could cash in on a good thing
Before I'd realized your game

I heard you're going 'round
Playin' the victim now
But don't even begin feelin' I'm the one to blame
'Cause you dug your own grave

After all of the fights and the lies
Guess you're wanting to hurt me
But that won't work anymore
No more, uh uh, it's over


Jethro, Tony, Kate, Michael and Ziva had returned to Alex's house after the woman's alert signal had been set off. The five agents wondered what had occurred to have Alex alert them. Jethro kicked the front door in and called out, "Alex? Where are you?" Tony, Kate, Michael and Ziva had their weapons drawn as well to protect each other's backs in case someone tried to attack them. The five adults walked through the house and saw that it was in shambles. They figured that Alex had to fight to keep herself and her sons safe from her attacker. When they got to the living room, they saw Alex lying on the floor with her eyes closed. Jethro holstered his gun as he walked over to his field agent, hoping that she was alright. "Alex, sweetheart. Are you alright?" Jethro asked softly. Tony did the same thing as his husband and walked over to where the older man was kneeling.

'Cause if it wasn't for all of your torture
I wouldn't know how to be this way now
And never back down
So I wanna say thank you

'Cause it
Makes me that much stronger
Makes me work a little bit harder
Makes me that much wiser
So thanks for making me a fighter

Made me learn a little bit faster
Made my skin a little bit thicker
Makes me that much smarter
So thanks for making me a fighter

How could this man I thought I know
Turn out to be unjust so cruel?
Could only see the good in you
Pretended not to see the truth

You tried to hide your lies
Disguise yourself through
Living in denial
But in the end you'll see
You won't stop me

Alex opened her eyes slowly and saw her team standing around her. She realized that she was still on the floor and sighed softly. "It's finally over. Dawson died by my hands and he can't hurt me or any other woman ever again. I can't feel my left shoulder at the moment because the man broke my collarbone when he lunged for me and twisted my arm until I heard it fucking snap. I'm in some pain as well and it's not fun to have one of your limbs broken forcefully. I'm so glad that I kept my gun on my waist after coming home from the club. If I didn't have my firearm on me, who knows what would have happened to me. I need some help getting off the floor since my body hurts after throwing myself and Dawson into the glass table," the expectant mother replied. The five agents looked over at the body and saw that five gunshots hit the chest and the killing shot was right between the eyes. They knew that Alex was an exceptional marksman.

I am a fighter
(I'm a fighter)
I ain't gonna stop
(I ain't gonna stop)
There is no turning back
I've had enough

Makes me that much stronger
Makes me work a little bit harder
Makes me that much wiser
So thanks for making me a fighter

Made me learn a little bit faster
Made my skin a little bit thicker
Makes me that much smarter
So thanks for making me a fighter

Thought I would forget
But I, I remember
Yes I remember
I'll remember

When the ambulance arrived at the house and Ducky arrived in one of the NCIS automobiles with Jimmy, Jethro was carrying Alex in a bridal lift position and she had her right arm wrapped around the older man's neck to steady herself. Ducky approached the group and Jimmy followed after his his adopted father. Alex looked at the other couple from her position in Jethro's arms and smiled softly. "Yea, I know I have some cuts across my face and the large one on my forehead. I threw both myself and Dawson into the glass table so I could free myself from his hold he had on me. He broke my collarbone, but I managed to reach for my gun with my right hand and shoot him. He's dead and my past is finally gone. He escaped from FCC Petersburg and they had been searching for him ever since then," Alex explained as she was laid onto the gurney by Jethro. The two paramedics prepared the woman for transport.

Thought I would forget
But I remember
Yes I remember
I'll remember

Makes me that much stronger
Makes me work a little bit harder
Makes me that much wiser
So thanks for making me a fighter

Made me learn a little bit faster
Made my skin a little bit thicker
Makes me that much smarter
So thanks for making me a fighter.

As the doors closed, the young agent saluted them before the paramedics pulled away from the house. Jethro knew that Alex was being taken to Bethesda Naval Hospital since she was a Marine reservist at the moment. The silver-haired man turned to face his team and said, "We'll go see Alex now since what happened tonight isn't our case. It belongs to the FBI since they're here to retrieve the body. He was a federal prisoner and had been tried for murdering four women and raping over thirty people, men and women alike. Alex had testified against him six years ago and he was finally put on death row. It was surprising that he had escaped and knew where to find Alex after she made sure that no one knew where she had moved to." They watched as the FBI agents and their medical examiner walked into the house to survey the scene. The NCIS employees headed to their vehicles to go on to Bethesda and see how the junior field agent was doing. Tony had made sure that Alex's clothes and shoes were in the trunk of the car.
End Notes:
Fighter by Christina Aguilera does not belong to me.
The Better Life by TibbsFangiri89
Author's Notes:
Alex had finally let go of her past after Robert Dawson had come back and tried to kill her. She defended herself and fatally shot the serial murderer and rapist. What happens to the young woman now?
Alex was resting in the hospital bed after her doctor, Patrick Woods, had taken an X-ray of her shoulder. Her collarbone had been snapped clean and it would take about six weeks for the fracture to heal correctly. She didn't mind that she would have to have it wrapped up and wear a sling for a month and a half. It was a reminder of how she fought with all her might and came out victorious in the end. The cuts on her face from the glass when she and Dawson went through the table had been cleaned with some antiseptic. The large cut on her forehead from hitting the side of the table had to be stitched close since it was bleeding a little too much for her doctor's liking. Patrick covered the stitched wound with a gauze and Alex thanked the older man for what he had done for her.

I’m about to be on the floor again,
Surely you’re gonna find me here
I’m about to sleep until the end of time,
Drug I take gonna wake
My fear right now

The expectant mother was listening to the song on her iPod called The Better Life by 3 Doors Down. It held some truth within the lyrics and Alex bobbed her head to the beat of the song. She was passing into the better life and knew that she didn't have to worry about getting raped again. The only thing she worried about was finding someone to love her despite the faults and dark past she had lived with for so long. Since she was fifteen years old, Alex dreamed of becoming a mother and being married to a wonderful man that loved her completely. The marriage part didn't work out, but at least she was going to become a mother.

I’m passing away on to the
Better life
I’m passing away on
To the better

Jethro, Tony, Kate, Michael, Ziva, Ducky, and Jimmy were sitting in the waiting room. They were waiting for Richard, Jenny, and Abby to come. Jethro contacted the other three NCIS employees to come to Bethesda. Tony yawned and rested his head on his husband's shoulder. The pregnant male was exhausted from what happened with Alex, but knew that she was finally able to breathe freely and not worry about someone trying to attack her from behind. Jethro looked up from where he was sitting and saw Richard walking in with Jenny and Abby following after him. "Hey you three. Alex had her shoulder examined and it's getting wrapped up in an bandage at the moment. She'll have to wear it in a sling for about six weeks, but she's cleared to be discharged and return to work full-time. She just won't be able to go out to a lot of crime scenes until her shoulder is completely healed. Since Tony and I are her medical proxies, we got to go fill out the discharge paperwork for her," Jethro said and helped his pregnant husband up from his seat. Tony smiled and Jethro slipped an arm around the younger man's expansive waist as they headed to retrieve Alex from the room she was in.

I’m about to see just how far I can fly,
Surely your gonna break my fall
I’m about to run as fast as I can,
Head long into that wall
This time I’m passing away on to the
Better life
Alex was still listening to her iPod when the door opened and Jethro walked in with his arm around Tony's waist. The young woman on the bed smiled and stood up from where she was laying. "Hey. So, am I free to go back to my house or am I staying with someone else?" Alex asked as she turned her music player off and tucked it into her pocket. The couple knew that Alex was feeling better now that Dawson was dead once and for all. Jethro remembered feeling the same way when he tracked down the man that murdered his best friend and fellow Marine, Gunnery Sergeant Christopher Thomas Jacobson.

Jethro and Tony smiled at the young agent and Tony said, "I packed a few bags of clothes for you since you're staying with the both of us for about two weeks. The FBI isn't going to deem your house cleared for about three days, but you're going to need a lot repairs around the house. One of the walls ended up collapsing after we had left the house. Jethro is going to start calling around for some house repairers and find out how much they charge for each repair. By the way, we called Mikey and Angie to let them know what happened. They're coming by the house later to see how you're doing." Alex nodded her head and the three friends walked out of the hospital room. As they were headed to the elevator, Alex was thinking about how grateful she was for what the couple was doing for her. The small group walked out of the room and headed for the elevators. The rest of the group was waiting in the lobby and Alex knew that Abby would be the first one to tackle her in a massive hug.

The three friends stepped into the elevator and Jethro leaned over to push the button for the lobby. The doors closed in front of them and the cart started to descend. Alex reached up with her right hand and adjusted the strap that was holding her arm close to her body. The expectant mother was glad that she didn't have to worry about someone attacking her again. When the doors opened at the ground floor, Alex walked out first. Jethro and Tony followed after the woman and when they made it over to the group, Abby was the first one to throw her arms around Alex. Jethro caught Alex as she stumbled a little bit from the force of the forensic specialist tackling her. "Alex, you're alright! When Jenny called me about what happened, I was so worried and thought that you had been shot!" Abby exclaimed and Kate slowly pulled her girlfriend off Alex.

Alex coughed softly and them smiled at her friends. "I'm alright, everyone. Dawson didn't expect me to fight back like I did and then pull a gun on him. I'm just glad that I remembered some of the martial arts moves that Ziva and Michael had taught me in the beginning. My shoulder bone will take about six weeks to heal, but that doesn't matter to me. I'm just happy to be alive and walking still," Alex said softly and the group nodded their heads. Ducky walked over to the young woman and pulled her into a fatherly embrace. Alex smiled and rested her head on the medical examiner's shoulder. Jimmy smiled at his best friend and knew that she would be alright. The two friends harbored feelings for one another and hopefully something would happen between them one day.

The Next Day
Alex was sitting in the back of the black Charger that belonged to Jethro and Tony. Jimmy was sitting in the front with the pregnant male and made sure that Alex had enough leg room in the back. The three adults were heading to see a movie that Tony had picked out and they were going to go shopping afterwards. The two pregnant agents and the assistant medical examiner were all best friends and they were going to keep being best friends for the rest of their lives. Tony pulled into the parking lot of the movie theater and Alex grabbed a few dollars for the parking fees. It was a good thing that the mall and theater were connected so they could just head into the mall after they were finished seeing the movie. The three friends got out of the car after Tony parked it and headed towards the escalator that would take them up to the movie theater entrance. As they were riding up, Alex was thinking of ways to tell Jimmy that she was in love with him and wanted to be together. Unbeknown to Alex, Jimmy was thinking about the same thing and wondered how he was going to show the NCIS agent that he was completely and utterly in love with her.
This story archived at http://www.ncisfiction.com/viewstory.php?sid=3693