New Little Member by Gothangel42
Summary: Kelly Koran is an advanced girl who gets into some trouble. NCIS is there to bail her out, but maybe she doesn't really need them.
Categories: Gen Characters: Abby Sciuto
Genre: Series
Pairing: None
Warnings: Violence
Challenges:
Series: None
Chapters: 1 Completed: Yes Word count: 4122 Read: 1687 Published: 07/02/2010 Updated: 07/02/2010
Story Notes:
This is my first fan fiction.

1. New Little Member by Gothangel42

New Little Member by Gothangel42
Author's Notes:
Kelly Koran is an advanced girl who gets into some trouble. NCIS is there to bail her out, but maybe she doesn't really need them.
"Have a good day at school, Kelly. Please listen to Mr. Jones and don't torment the students." "I'll try to, mom." said the girl, flipping her dyed hair over her shoulders as she got out of the black sudan.
Her mother kissed Kelly's cheek and said "Your father and I might be working late tonight. Can you take care of yourself tonight?"
"Sure. See ya, mom." Kelly said, not really listening. Mrs. Korran ducked into the black limo and closed the door.
The moment the car turned the corner and disappeared from view, Kelly blew out her breath and walked across the street to the cafe. She sat down and pulled out her chained collar as a waiter walked up.
"What can I get for you, miss?" he asked, raising his eyebrow as Kelly put on her collar, the chains rattling against one another.
"Coffee, please. Black." she said, pulling on her fingerless gloves.
"Coffee, miss?"
Kelly looked up and sweetly said "Yes; coffee. Black, if you please." He nodded and left.
Kelly watched the other students enter the building opposite her. They were like little soldiers that barely challenged themselves in everyday lives, let alone at school. It irritated her that people went to college and never bothered to apply themselves to their work.
"Can I join you?" Kelly looked up at a tall woman decked out in black clothes and lace, chains, and skulls. Her lips were painted black and her black hair was put up in pony tails. She had a small black vintage umbrella, black elbow length vintage gloves, and a black canvas bag hanging off her shoulder. Kelly noticed other tables that were empty but didn't question the woman's reasons for joining her.
"Sure. " she said, shrugging.
The waiter returned with her coffee and set it down before raising his eyebrows at the new arrival. "Would you like something, miss?" he asked. The woman shook her head and the man left. Kelly studied the woman for a while, getting the feeling that she'd seen this woman before.
"I don't see that many goths around here. Shouldn't you be in school?" the woman said.
Kelly smiled. "I hear that a lot, but I don't have classes today."
The woman stared and said "What school do you go to?"
"I'm in college, miss."
"Really? And you're only 15." The woman extended her hand and said "I'm Abbey. Well, Abigail, really, but everyone calls me Abbey."
Kelly shook her hand and smiled as the name and face clicked in her memory. "Kelly. So, you're Abbey?"
"Yeah." Abbey said, smiling.
"McGee told me about you." Kelly said, sipping her coffee.
"McGee?" Abbey asked.
"He's my godfather. It's a my-parents-knew-him-and-he-became-my-'relative' sort of thing." "Cool. So, how are you in college?" Abbey said, leaning back in her chair.
"Skipped grades and have been getting my degree in investigation and computer analysis." Kelly leaned back, as well, and smiled at Abbey. "This isn't a conversation that I usually have over morning coffee."
"Well, having unusual conversation usually builds up to an even weirder conversations and that leads to weird friendships."
Kelly giggled. "That it does.” She spotted someone walking on the opposite sidewalk. “Oh, there's McGee." She waved and a man crossed the street, a camera strapped over his shoulder.
"Kelly, why aren't you in school?" he asked once he was by their table.
"No classes today, and I can ace those finals with my eyes closed. Mr. Jones doesn't really appreciate my talents." Kelly said.
"Maybe because you made his system crash with a virus." McGee said.
He raised his camera and took a picture of the two. "You doing scrapbook again, McGee?" Kelly asked.
He smiled and said "No, Kelly. You two just look like sisters and it's interesting. We still on for our hacking lessons?"
"You're teaching a 15 year old how to hack?" Abbey asked, looking at McGee.
"Well-" he stammered, his face turning red.
"I bullied him into it, Abby. He teaches me and I give him advice on women." Kelly said drinking her coffee.
"Really?" Abbey said, leaning closer with a conspiratorial smile. Kelly leaned forward.
"Well-"
"Hey, Abbey, we better get to work before Gibbs gets mad." McGee said, hastily moving to Abbey's side. He looked over at his charge and said "You could use this opportunity to be studying, Kells."
"Yes, Nanny McGee." she said sarcastically.
Abbey smiled and said "See you around, Kell." The NCIS agents left, leaving one civilian goth girl at the cafe's table, coffee becoming cold. Kelly pulled out her laptop and practiced her hacking skills on the fake program McGee had set up for her to use.
She was halfway through a complex equation before her computer beeped at her to notify her of a mistake. She leaned back in her chair and closed her laptop. Even for a 15 year old genius, hacking was complicated.
She finished her coffee and placed a few bills on the table. Kelly put her laptop in her bag, swung it over her shoulder, and walked down the street. Might as well go and see what Barrey's doing. Barrey owned a goth store that was rarely closed. So, it was a surprise to see the dark windows of the store. She tried the door and found it unlocked.
“Barrey?” she called out as she close the door behind her. “Barrey? Why are the windows dark? Are you having a black sale?” Strong arms reached out and grabbed her. Kelly opened her mouth to scream, but a hand muffled it.
“Quiet, or you will die.” the voice had an Italian accent and Kelly froze. “What are you doing here?” the voice asked.
“I-i came to s-see Barrey for some earrings.” she said softly. She saw a huddled mass in the corner and said “Barrey? Are you okay?”
“I'm fine, Kelly. But, damn, girl. Why skip school today?” the mass said, looking up at her. Kelly looked down ashamed. Suddenly, Bon Jovi's 'It's my life' stared to play. Her restrainer grabbed her phone.
“Spill about us, girl, and you'll never see your sweet 16.” he hissed then handed her the phone. She nodded and opened it. “Yeah?” she said.
“Hey, Kelly. You okay? You sound breathless.” Abbey said.
“yeah. I'm fine. I almost got hit with a car and your call was a little bad on timing. How did you get my number?”
“McGee gave it to me. Anyway, you wanna get some drinks later?” she asked.
“I hope you mean coffee. I'm too young for any other kind of drink. And, no. I can't, Abigal. I'm visiting a sick friend.” Kelly closed her phone and the man took it.
“Load them into the car and check the girl's things.”

Abbey closed her phone and looked up at McGee. “She called me 'Abigal'. That's so formal.” “True.” McGee said. He stood up from his seat. “Kelly never calls people by their first name, except when her parents fought over her...changes.”
Abbey raised an eyebrow. “Her attire, you mean?”
“Yeah. They weren't thrilled to have a daughter dressed in black...I'm going after her.”
“Whoa, McGee. We investigate armed forces. Kelly isn't armed forces and neither are her parents, from what you've told me.” Abbey said, placing her gloved hands on his shoulders.
“Abbey, she's my responsibility. Kelly Korran is my godchild and I promised to watch over her.” McGee said, staring into Abbey's eyes.
“Wow...Your loyalties are deep. That's so sweet.” she said.
“Who's loyalties?” Gibbs said, walking in with a Caf-Pow for Abbey and a coffee for him. “McGee's. Kelly Korran's missing. I called her for drinks and she said she was visiting a sick friend.”
“Kelly doesn't have any friends. She advanced too quickly to make any.” McGee said, opening his laptop.
“She called me 'Abigal', Gibbs. She must be in trouble, according to McGee.” Abbey said. “Who is Kelly Korran?” he asked, sipping his coffee.
“McGee's godchild.”
“Godchild? McGee?” Tony said as he and Ziva walked in. McGee put the cafe picture up on the screen and DiNozzo smiled. “It's an Abbey mini-me.”
“That is Kelly Korran. Her parents are major operatives in the pentagon.” McGee said, continuing to type on his laptop.
“I can see why she would be kidnapped.” Ziva said. “She check into the program a few minuets ago.”
“What program, McGee?” Gibbs said, looking at the screen.
“I set up a fake program for her. She's learning how to hack and the program is her practice. She got through one of my sets before she messed up on a diversion.”
“She sounded breathless of the phone. Maybe she'd been running away from someone.” Abbey said out loud.
“Kelly would have dropped her attacker. No, he surprised her and threatened her.” McGee said. He suddenly stopped typing. “Barrey.”
“Who?” DiNozzo asked, his face looking confused.
“Barrey owns a goth shop open all hours. She goes there all the time.” McGee said, turning his typing to another task. “They say he's connected to bad things.”
“DiNozzo, get a background on this Barrey.” said Gibbs.
“Right, Boss.” Tony left.
“Ziva, go check out the store. Abbey, you and McGee try to track down Kelly if you can. Find her.” Gibbs said. McGee continued to type.
“Don't worry, McGee. We'll find her.” Abbey said, placing a comforting hand on his shoulder.

Kelly sank into the car's upholstery and watched her capture as they talked to one another in Italian. Barrey was next to her, bleeding from a head wound above his left ear. He still hadn't said anything to her and his silence disturbed her.
Kelly sat with her hands in her lap. Two more men were seated behind her. One was younger than the others. He looked about 18 or so. She hadn't gotten enough of a look.
The motion of the moving car rocked her into a slight doze. The car stopped a few minutes later, but she didn't wake fully. Someone lifted her up in his arms. She opened her eyes and blinked slowly. She looked up to see the youngest captor hold her. She squeaked and squirmed out of his arms.
Two other men were pulling Barry out of the car and walking him over to a farm house. He looked over and motioned to the road. Kelly knew that look. Run and he'd handle himself. She didn't like it, but she turned and ran toward the dirt road.
A man stepped out of the shade of an oak and grabbed her arm. She kicked out, but the man sidestepped and threw her over his shoulder and strolled into the farmhouse.
“What is that?” a new voice said. The man dumped Kelly onto a couch. She quickly smoothed her skirts over her legs. “A child? What use is a child to us?”
Kelly looked over and saw another man. He was sitting on a kitchen chair, leaning close to Barrey, who was tied to another chair. The man had short black hair and cool green eyes that looked Kelly over.
“She walked in on us. We had to bring her.” said the man who had dumped her so unceremoniously. The other looked at her and nodded.
“Hello, little girl. I'm Commander Greg Mandra. This is a little family set up.” Kelly scooted forward and crossed her ankles.
“Hello.” she replied.
“May I ask why you aren't in school?” Greg asked.
“I don't like school.” she answered plainly, “It's not challenging enough for me.”
Greg stood and leaned over her. She paled and scooted back against the couch's armrest. “You're advanced in your years, child.” he said after looking into his eyes for a while.
“Yes, sir. I'm a senior in high school.” Kelly said nervously.
Greg nodded and handed her a remote. “Go ahead and watch TV. Barrey and I have some catching up to do.”
She stared at him. “You're not going to kill me?”
“No. I have a girl about your age. Nah. Just watch some TV and we'll fix you a snack.” Greg said, moving toward the kitchen.
“I won't trust your food, you know. You could poison it or slip a date rape drug into my soda.” Kelly said, glaring at him defiantly. He turned back around and smiled.
“Child, we're not gonna kill or rape you. You are here because there was a screw up from my men.” He looked over at the other kidnappers. “This was Jonah's first run, too.”
Kelly followed his gaze to the youngest of the abductors. She got a good look, now that she wasn't being hurried off to some unknown place. His hair was black, pulled back with a hair tie, had light green eyes, light skin color, and about a foot taller than Kelly's height. He stared off into space in a focused attention stance. Kelly looked back to Greg.
“Why is Barrey here?” she asked. Greg sighed.
“So many questions. 'Barrey', as you call him, stole money from me and my family. We're just asking where he put it.” Kelly slid off the couch and walked over to Barrey. He didn't look up. “Barrey...did you take money?” she asked, calmly looking at his bowed head.
“Kelly, you don't understand.” he started.
“Did you take the money?” she asked again, a little more demanding. Barrey grew silent. That silence answered everything. “It's amazing what human greed can do to someone. Even someone you think you know.” Kelly turned and walked into the kitchen.
“Chips in the cupboard, soda in the fridge, and Jonah can get you a piece of cake, if you wish.” Greg said, smiling softly. Kelly put a quick plate together and sat back on the couch under the eye of Jonah and ignoring Barrey. She opened her soda and took a sip. Greg was still staring.
“I know what you're thinking. How can a 15 year old girl make a grown man feel ashamed. I'm not his child, so he shouldn't be ashamed.” Greg nodded. Kelly ate a chip and crossed her legs under her skirt in annoyance. “I'm not a senior in high school. I'll be graduating college after finals are done with. Full scholarship for computers. I'll get my degree soon.”
She paused in her eating. “Barrey's a good friend of mine. I've bailed him out of trouble many times. Posing as his sister, daughter, or niece, I've gotten him many new starts.” She looked at Barrey and continued. “He knows Kelly Korran doesn't place my trust lightly on anyone. I depleted resources giving him new lives.” Kelly turned her gaze to Greg. “if he did steal the money, I'm not stopping you anything short of murder.”
He stood up, turned the Tv on, and pressed play on the VCR. The picture showed a masked man crouching next to ta safe. He looked around and raised a gun at a young boy walking into the room. The boy's lips moved to say something and the masked man fired. The boy fell and was still. The man pulled his mask off and Kelly gasped as Barrey shot the boy again. Greg turned the tape off. “Danny's still recovering. Demetre stole $100,000.” Greg said.
Kelly drank her soda slowly to stall time. Once she got over the shock of seeing the shooting, she said “Why didn't you go to the police?” Greg smiled.
“Well, technically, Kelly...my organization doesn't-”
“Exist.” she finished for him. He nodded and My Chemical romance started singing 'Teenagers'. Kelly pulled her phone out of her bag, where one of the men had put it. “Hey, McGee. I was wondering when you were gonna call.”
“Are you all right, Kell? You called Abbey's full name.” McGee sounded worried.
“I'm fine. My...friend's doing much better. Fever stopped and heart about normal.” Kelly ate another chip calmly.
“Kelly, what's going on?” McGee asked. Kelly looked over at Greg. Her volume was up high enough for him to hear.
“He on our side?” he mouthed. What side was that? The one that's about to bust Barrey, or the one that kidnaps kids? Kelly nodded. “go ahead.”
Kelly smiled and stepped outside. “McGee, you are not going to believe this! Barrey is really-” “Demetre Googa, an ex-operative of 'controlled criminal activity'. Mafia, at best guess.” said a new voice.
“McGee, you put me on speaker phone!?” Kelly said. The voice laughed. “You're Tony DiNozzo, aren't you?”
“At your service, small Abbey.”
“My name is Kelly, Tony. Now, about Barrey, or Demetre, what ever he's called. Anyway, He tangled with a mafia boss, stole $100,000, and shot a young boy.” Kelly said. She let out a shake breath. “There was a tape...of the theft and shooting.”
“You okay?” Abbey's voice asked.
“yeah...I'm just not use to shootings of humans.” Kelly said.
“Where is Demetre?” It was Gibbs, or she thought it was the voice of Gibbs. He sounded like the leader.
“he's inside the house tied to a kitchen chair. Really funny, actually. Looks like he's getting ready for some exotic sex act or something. Legs tied up and everything.” Silence came from the other end of the phone. Kelly sighed. “There's someone else there...right?”
“This must be Kelly Korran. I thought I'd meet the person who's caused the upset in my NCIS team.” The woman's voice was smooth.
“This must be Director Shepard.” Kelly said.
“Yes.”
“I'm sorry if I offended you.”
“Not at all. Just surprised to hear such words from a young girl's mouth.”
Kelly smiled. “I'm very interesting, Director.”
“We're tracking your phone, Kell. Well see you in a few minuets.” Abbey said. Kelly could hear computer keys tapping.
“Can't wait.”
A hand landed on her shoulder and she spun around Demetre was holding a gun and blood covered his shirt. His eyes were glazed over in a daze. “You...you little traitor. How could you sell out your old friend?” Demetre grabbed her shirt and lifted her off the ground, her cell phone falling to the ground wordlessly. “15 years old, almost a college grad, and no friends. You've had a pathetic existence, Kelly Korran.” he said.
Kelly paled, but steadily said “I know, but i've got one thing to say to you.” She held up McGee's NCIS badge that she'd swiped from him. “Demetre Googa, you are under arrest for the shooting of a minor and stealing $100,000 dollars from Commander Greg Mandra.” His eye grew wide and he dropped her. She landed on her bum, still holding the badge.
“You're NCIS?” Demetre said.
“Yeah, Demetre. I've been on your case for a while.” she lied. Kelly watched as he stared at her. He was still, then he raised his gun.
“I have to kill you. He'll want me to kill you.” There were tears in his eyes.
“Who? Who, Demetre?” Kelly asked softly. He ignored the questions. “I tired to save you. He told me to kill you when he found out how smart you are...but I told him you wouldn't find out.” the tears were falling freely. “I loved you like a daughter, kelly. I'm so sorry I'm so stupid and week. Your brother would been stronger.” He pulled the trigger and the gunshot rang through the air, making kelly flinch. Demetre fell over, dead. A bullet hole was in his head.
Kelly looked at her friend's body and the smell of blood overcame her sences. “Kelly! Kelly! Are you okay?” It was McGee's voice coming from the phone. Kelly looked at the hone and picked it up with shaking hands. Bile rose in her throat and she puked. Someone held her hair back as her stomach emptied.
When she was done, Ziva's voice said “She's fine, McGee. Just needs some rest.” Kelly looked up and Ziva smiled encouragingly at her. She closed the phone and handed it back. Kelly took it and stood up.
“McGee said he wants his badge back when we get to NCIS.” Ziva said. Kelly laughed softly and looked back at the house. The door was open and she walked through it as Ziva pulled out her own phone to guide Ducky to their location.
Greg was laying in a puddle of blood with Jonah kneeling next to him with towels. Greg twitched under Kelly's gaze. She walked over to him and he smiled at her. “I'll be okay. Doc'll fix me up and I'll be up on my feet. You and your friends better go. My group will fix this problem.” Kelly looked into his pained gray eyes and nodded, squeezing his hand.
She picked up her bag from the couch and walked out to Ziva. Thankfully, she didn't ask any questions as they slid into the car. They drove to NCIS and got in the elevator to go up. “I see no doubt that McGee has called your parents.” Ziva said.
Kelly nodded absently. “Do you think...the director would let me be an agent?” she asked softly. The elevator doors stopped and opened. The two of them walked out. Kelly saw McGee as he got up from his desk. She ran into his arms and hugged him.
“You okay?” he said, looking at her face. Not everyday a guy dies in front of my eyes.” Kelly said. She looked up at a woman with spiky cut red hair and a business suit. “Ma'am.” Kelly said.
“Ms. Korran.” Kelly smiled. It sounded so adult like. “I believe you took an agent's badge.” the woman said.
Kelly blushed but said “It served me well.”
“We heard. Good job. It was so good, that I'm offering you a spot on Gibbs's team.”
Kelly stared. “Truly!?”
Director Shepard smiled. “Yes. You're resourceful, quick, and you're almost done with college.” Kelly smiled and hugged the director. She froze and pulled back, embarrassed.
“Sorry, ma'am.”
“It's alright. But keep on your toes round this bunch.” the director smiled and walked up the stairs to the next floor.
McGee smiled at kelly and said “All right, Kelly. Your first job.”
DiNozzo walked up and said “Now we've got a mini goth Prohbi.”
“Be nice, Tony.” Ziva said.
“She's not going to carry a gun or be in the field unless absolutely necessary.” Gibbs said. Kelly nodded. She looked at him and he smiled. “Welcome to the team.” Abbey came running over from the other elevator and hugged Kelly.
“Oh, we were so worried. But now you're on the team and we're going to have so much fun! We can drink Caf-Pows and get tats-”
“No way. I am not letting my god child get a tattoo.” McGee said.
“Can I get a skull and rose?” Kelly asked, smiling at her godfather.
“No daughter of mine is going to get a tattoo.”
“or work at NCIS.” Kelly looked to her left and saw her parents walking out of the elevator. Mrs. Korran gripped Kelly's arm and pulled her to her side.
“You deliberately skipped school and then you were kidnapped.” Mrs. Korran scolded.
“That last part wasn't part of the plan, mother. Besides, I'd actually like to work for NCIS It will challenge me.”
“We got you into that school to be a programer.” Mr. Korran said.
“No, I got into that school because I could hack a system in 35 seconds when I 10. I know that you want me to follow you and mother, but I like NCIS. So, ground me until I'm dead, but I'll just come in and do my job.” Kelly said, staring her parents down.
“Do you know what this job could do to a child's physic?” Mrs. Korran asked, staring at her defiant daughter.
“Yeah. The pressure could drive me crazy, I could crack, I could be a victim of any number of mental cases. I'm taking that risk. You can support or reject me.” Kelly folded her arms and she looked down right unnerving.
The Korrans looked at one another and her parents said, “We expect you home every night at 10, at the latest.” Kelly nodded to the condition and waited until they'd left to sigh and sink behind McGee's desk.
“Cold shoulder.” he said.
“She could be almost as scary as Gibbs.” Tony said.
Gibbs leaned down to Kelly's level. “If they come back here because you violated any of their terms...I'm grounding you.”
She met his eyes and said “Yes, boss.” He nodded and returned to his desk.
Abbey leaned down and whispered. “What color rose?”

End
*Note: NCIS does not hire anyone under the age of 21 or above the age of 35. This story could never happen. Probably. Contact NCIS for more information. All original characters are property of 'NCIS'. Kelly Korran and any other characters are the property of the writer of this fanfiction.
End Notes:
This is my first fan fiction.
This story archived at http://www.ncisfiction.com/viewstory.php?sid=3747