Cruising by katetodd4eva
Summary: Ducky pays for the team to go on a cruise.Gibbs and Kate take advantage of this.
Categories: Gibbs/Kate Characters: Abby Sciuto, Anthony DiNozzo, Donald Mallard, Jimmy Palmer, Kate Todd, Leroy Jethro Gibbs, Timothy McGee
Genre: First Time, Friendship, Holiday
Pairing: Gibbs/Kate
Warnings: Kink
Challenges:
Series: None
Chapters: 1 Completed: Yes Word count: 9332 Read: 3246 Published: 07/29/2010 Updated: 07/29/2010

1. Cruising by katetodd4eva

Cruising by katetodd4eva
Author's Notes:
Ducky pays for the team to go on a cruise.Gibbs and Kate take advantage of this.
Kate walks into the squad room and see’s everyone in there, including Abby who is sitting on her desk.
“ What is going on?” she asks as she puts her bag on her desk next to Abby.
“ Ducky called a team meeting?” Abby told her.
“ Ducky did?” Kate asked at the unusual situation.
“ Yeah, he said he had some announcement” Tony told her.
Soon enough Ducky walks into the squad room.
“ Thank you everyone for coming” Ducky started.
“ Duck what’s going on?” Gibbs asked.
“ Well, as you may know my mother died just over a month ago and left everything to me. So as a thankyou to everyone I have booked you all on a cruise for 5 nights” he announced with a smile on his face.
“ Ducky are you serious?” McGee asked standing from his seat. Ducky nodded with a grin.
“ Ducky that is just to much. Don’t you want to travel?” Kate asked.
“ Oh my dear, I’ve done all the travelling I’m going to do. I’m selling the house and finding something smaller and closer to work. That’s what I’m doing for myself” he told them.
“ Duck we cant just hope on a boat for 6 days” Gibbs said with a small smile.
“ Well, why not? You aren’t the only special agents that work here you know” Ducky told him.
“ Oh Ducky you’re the best” Abby said with a smile as she gave him a big hug.
“ When do we leave?” Tony asked.
“ Saturday”
“ Great. Plenty of time to get ready” Tony said with a grin.
Kate stood at her desk watching every ones reaction. They all seemed so excited, accept for Gibbs.
“ Aren’t you excited?” she asked him softly. He looked up at her.
“ I’ll be excited when it’s over” he told her

“ It’s massive” Abby exclaimed as they stepped on board.
“ It would of cost Ducky a fortune” Kate said as she looked at the detail in the walls and the chandelier lights. They made their way done the tiny corridors to their bedrooms. Tony opened the door and there were four beds in a tiny room with one round window.
“ We are all sleeping in here?” Tony said, disappointment in his voice.
“ Nope” Gibbs said as he kept walking and found his room number. He opened his door and there was a double bed in a bigger room.
“ I knew he liked Gibbs better” Tony said under his breath as he entered their little room. The others followed and chose their beds before spreading out and taking a look around the rest of the boat.
Kate went to the top deck where the pools where situated. She counted many pairs of eyes on her as she walked past half naked men sunbaking on the chairs. She didn’t look at one of them.
She then headed for the gym. It was huge. It had so many treadmills, exercise bikes, bench presses, dumbbells and many more.
She then went and checked out the entertainment room where there was a good side stage set in front of a wooden floor, which had to be the dance floor, along with many chairs and table and a bar off to the side. There was a gaming room, which she caught a glimpse of McGee already in there. She laughed to herself.
On her way back to the room she passed Tony at the buffet loading his plate with many different types of food.
‘ Someone’s going to get fat’ she thought to herself.
She got changed in the little bathroom so she wouldn’t get caught getting change into her swimmers.
When she exited her room she saw Gibbs coming up the hallway.
“ Hey, where are you off to?” she asked him with a smile.
“ Around” he just said.
“ I’m off to the pool if you would like join me” she said with a soft smile. Gibbs gave a little laugh.
“ Kate, I haven’t been to a pool in years. What makes you think I’m going to start going now” he said as he started to walk away from her.
“ Because Ducking is paying for you to have a good time” she told him. He kept walking.
“ Ok, because I want you to” she tried called out before he got to far away. Gibbs stopped and turned around. It was then he realised what she was wearing. As her boss he should not see her like that. She stood there half naked inviting him to go swimming with her. In what mind what a guy pass up that opportunity with a gorgeous woman like Kate. She started walking towards him.
“ If you change your mind, you know where to find me” she said as she walked past him destined for the pool. He knew where she would be and he knew where he was heading, to the bar.
Kate sat her towel on one of the deck chairs and took her shoes off before heading towards the pool. She checked the temperature before jumping in.
When she was done she re-applied her sunscreen and laid back on the deck chair to get some sun. She let her mind wander, it didn’t wander to far as she found herself thinking about what Gibbs would look like if he did come swimming. She then let her mind wander to far and pictured what he would look like with nothing on all together. The thought gave her shivers.
“ Kate” a familiar voice called out and stopped her thoughts. She opened her eyes and saw Tony standing in front of her with some young blonde in a denim skirt and a pink singlet. She had a cocktail in her hand.
“ Tony this ship is huge, cant you go find some one else to annoy” she pleaded.
“ Very funny. I have much better things to do then follow you around. I was just wondering if you knew where McGeek is. Sophie is having problems with her laptop” he told her. The blonde smiled at Kate. Kate gave her a little smile back.
“ Last time I saw him he was in the gaming room” She told them. Tony laughed.
“ Of course he is. Enjoy your sun” he said then left her alone.
Kate laid back and closed her eyes and tried to pick up where she left off but was once again interrupted by a voice.
“ Kate” came a female voice this time. She opened her eyes and saw Abby standing next to her.
“ Hey, what are you doing?” Kate asked.
“ Looking for you. We need to get a picture” Abby said holding her camera out.
“ Ok” Kate said with a smile. Kate stood up next to Abby and smiled as Abby took a photo.
“ Nice. Have you seen Gibbs?” Abby asked as she put her camera away.
“ The last time I saw him was in the corridor near our room. Why?” Kate told her.
“ Well I promised Ducky I would take a photo of everyone everyday so when we got back I could make him a little slide show of the trip. I have everyone except Gibbs” Abby explained. Kate shrugged her shoulders.
“ Sorry. He didn’t even tell me where he was going. I’m sure you will find him” Kate told her with a smile. Abby nodded her head and then took off in search for Gibbs. Kate sat back down and re-applied more sunscreen just to be safe, before lying back down. She started to think about Gibbs again, but this time it was different. This time she was in his bed and he was on top off her. His naked body on hers as he moved in and out of her. She could have sworn it was real but she opened her eyes and just saw blue skies.
‘ OK, that’s enough sun for today’ she told herself as she got up, grabbed her towel and went inside. She wrapped the towel around her waist and went to the bar for a glass of water.
“ Another one” she heard not to far away from her. She turned and saw the silver haired man she was just dreaming about. His hand around a glass with a brown liquid in it. She smiled to herself and when she got her water she walked up to him.
“ So your going to spend all day drinking?” she asked him standing next to him. He looked up and saw her smiling face. He hair still wavy and damp.
“ Do you have a better idea” he said with a smirk.
“ Have some fun”.
“ This is fun” he told her as he took a sip.
“ Swimming is fun, playing games is fun, spending time with your friends is fun, not sitting on your ass drinking bourbon” she told him, getting a little annoyed at him. Gibbs sat up straight and faced her.
“ Your right. Ducky paid for this trip, I should be enjoying myself” he agreed. A smile spread across her face.
“ Great, so want to join me in the gym later?” she asked. Gibbs laughed.
“ Only you would think of going to the gym as fun Katie”. Kate smiled.
“ How many have you had to drink?” she asked as she picked up on the Katie. He hardly called her that anymore.
“ Two, this is the third” he said pointing at the glass. Kate looked at he bartender. He nodded his head.
“ Then why do you seem so happy?” she asked.
“ Because we are on a boat filled with thousands of people and what ever we do stays on the boat” he said with a smile. Quick flashes of then rolling around in his bed entered her head. She had to close and open her eyes for them to disappear.
“ You ok?” he asked as he watched her do it.
“ Yeah I’m fine. So does that mean you will have diner with me tonight?” she asked with a smile. Gibbs froze not knowing what to say. He wanted to say yes but he knew he should say no.
“ Abby and McGee will join us. Tony I’m not so sure” Kate said with a little laugh.
“ Good, the less DiNozzo the better” he said getting up off his seat.
“ Good. So meet here at 7” she told him. He nodded and started to leave.
“ Where are you going now?” she asked.
“ I promised McGee a game of chess” he said as he kept walking. Kate shook her head.
‘ Gibbs you sure are full of surprises’ she thought to herself as she grabbed her glass and headed back to the room.
She showered before heading out to the gym as she was covered in sunscreen and chlorine.
Kate spent at least and hour in the gym and she had to shower again before diner. She decided to wear her red dress to diner as it was her most casual one she brought.
Abby and McGee where already at the table when Kate got there.
“ Hey, is Gibbs here yet?” Kate asked.
“ Nope. I didn’t think he was coming?” McGee said.
“ Well I convinced him to” she said with a smile. Abby and McGee looked at her with surprised.
“ What? I just reminded him that Ducky was paying for him to have fun and not get drunk and he agreed” Kate said taking a sip of water.
“ Wow” Abby said with a smile.
“ Any sign of Tony?” Kate asked them.
“ No. After I fixed Sophie’s laptop they ran off somewhere. Haven’t seen them since” he told Kate.
“ McGee tell her who won” Abby said nudging him.
“ Gibbs promised me a game of chess and I kind of beat him” he said shyly.
“ Really? Did he seem annoyed?” Kate asked.
“ Not at all. He shook my hand and said he hasn’t had a challenge like that in years” McGee said. Kate smiled.
‘ This trip may be fun after all’ she thought to herself.
“ Is this my seat” a strong voice said behind Kate.
“ Yes it is. Gibbs we need to get a photo. I promised Ducky” Abby said jumping up and walking over to Gibbs.
“ Sure” he said and put an arm around Abby and smiled for the photo.
He sat down next to Kate once it was done.
“ So what are we having?” he asked looking around the table.
“ What ever you want” Kate said with a smile. Gibbs looked at Kate then chuckled to himself as he grabbed the menu from her hand.
‘ I want you’ he thought to himself.
Abby, Kate and McGee all looked at each other. They have never seen Gibbs act like this, ever.
“ Wow this is definitely the best food I have ever eaten” Abby said as she put her knife and fork on her plate and leaned back in her chair.
“ Most definitely” McGee agreed.
“ Oh look out Kate here comes a drunk man in love” Abby said with a laugh. Kate gave her questionable look before turning around. She saw a younger man coming towards there table with a cheesy grin on his face. Gibbs looked to and instantly his mood changed. He could tell what the guy wanted and Kate was not that type of girl.
“ Excuse, I was just admiring you and was hoping if I could have this dance” the man asked. Abby had to look away to stop herself from laughing. She always thought guys who felt like they had to comment on a girls beauty was a joke.
“ No thank you” Kate said politely. The guy had obviously been drinking as he didn’t let it go.
“ Aww come on just one dance” he pleaded.
“ I’m not interested” Kate said more strongly.
“ All I want is one dance” he continued.
“ Did you not hear her the first time, she said no” Gibbs said, starring at the much younger man standing over Kate.
“ Stay out of it gramps” the man said not even looking at Gibbs. The old Gibbs returned as he stood up quickly making his chair fall to the ground.
“ She said no. Now leave” Gibbs told him. The man stood up and stepped towards Gibbs. McGee got up from his chair ready for anything that might happen.
“ And who are you to tell me what to do” the man said trying to look tough.
Gibbs stepped forward and grabbed him by the collar. Kate stood up instantly and got between them.
“ Enough. Gibbs let him go” she said trying to pry his hand from the mans shirt. Gibbs let go, but still held her hand. Kate turned towards the other man.
“ Leave us now, other wise I will call security and get you thrown off this boat” she threatened. The man looked from Gibbs to Kate then turned and left. McGee and Abby took their seats. Kate turned to face Gibbs. She could tell he was still boiling up inside.
“ Thank you, but you didn’t have to” she said with a soft smile. He looked down at her, then down at his fingers curled in her hand.
“ Since we’re standing, do you want to dance?” he asked. Kate looked at him surprised.
“ What?” he asked. Kate shook her head with a smile.
“ Sure” she said. He lead her out on to the wooden floor where many other people where.
“ Did you just see that?” Abby asked McGee with wide eyes.
“ Yeah. Gibbs asked her to dance” McGee said as he watched the two start to dance. Abby and McGee looked at each other.
“ The camera” they both said. Abby reached for the camera and aimed for Kate and Gibbs. Gibbs had Kate’s hand in his and his other hand on the small of her back as they danced to the up beat music. They both had smiles on their faces.
“ I didn’t take you as the dancing type Gibbs” Kate said with a little laugh.
“ There’s a lot you don’t know about me, Katie” he said softly as he pulled her closer to him. Kate looked over at their table and McGee and Abby where gone.
“ I guess they had somewhere better to be” Kate said. She could feel Gibbs’ body heat as they danced, and his hot breath on her neck. She had always been attracted to him but it was now that they were on this trip and away from all the dead people and murderers that she wanted him more then ever. Maybe it was just the wine talking, she didn’t know, what she did know is that she wanted Jethro Gibbs right now. She turned her head towards his neck, she could smell the sweetness of his skin. She couldn’t wait any longer, she wanted to be kissing his skin not smelling it.
She lifted her head up and looked him in the eyes. He had a soft smile placed on his face.
Kate went to speak but she couldn’t say anything, she didn’t know what to say. She looked away from him to try and think but his hand cupped her face and pulled it up to his and he kissed her. He broke it off to see her reaction. To his surprise she had a smile on her face. She wrapped her arms around his neck and kissed him again. This time with more urgency.
“ Kate, what about the others?” he asked her breathless..
“ I don’t care right now, I just want you right now” she said as she kissed him again.
Gibbs has never seen this side of Kate. He also has never been this close to her on a boat with thousands of people. He takes her hand and leads her through the crowd of people, they grab their things from the table and make their way to the bedroom.
They have to make sure no one is at the door to the other bedroom so they don’t get caught. They run down to Gibb’s door and he pulls out the his key card and slams it into the slot and pulls it out. The red button didn’t go green. He tried it again, it still didn’t change.
“ Stupid technology” he swore under his breath. Kate laughed at him then took the card from his hand and stood in front of him. She slid it in and out and the light went green. She opened the door.
“ Sometimes, it just takes a women’s touch” she said with a smile. Gibbs grabbed her ass and pushed her inside.
“ Someone likes it rough” she said as she turned around and pushed him against the closed door then kissed him passionately.
Gibbs pulled her over to the bed laid her down and stayed above her. He ran his hands down her body, until he reached the hem of her dress and pulled it up. He stopped kissing her so he could pull it over her head. He stopped and looked down at her.
“ What? Don’t you like what you see?” she asked looking up at him. He looked into her eyes.
“ I love it” he said then started kissing her again. She tried to take his clothes off but was having trouble so he did it for her. She ran her hands over his and up through his hair. She wrapped her legs around him then used her strength and pushed him over so she was sitting on top of him.
“ I like being in control” she said cheekily then kissed his cheek.
“ I neve thought Caitlin Todd could be like this” he said kissing her neck. She smiled and ran her hand down his bare chest.
“ Well we have never been on a ship with thousands of people with no rules, Jethro” she said as she placed a kiss on his stomach. She then started taking off his pants slowly. She stood at the end of the bed and dropped his pants to the ground. Gibbs sat up on his arms and watched her. She then undid the clasps of her bra and let it drop to the ground, then she slipped her undies off. She heard Gibbs let out a small moan at the site of her. She climbed back up on the bed and took his very erect penis in her hand then she licked the tip of it. Gibbs feel back down onto the bed.
“ Katie” he moaned. She then moved up further and rubbed herself up against him. She leant down and kissed him.
“ You ready” she said softly into his ear. His hand grabbed her ass and he tried to push her onto him. She smiled then kissed him again before eventually sliding onto him.
Kate slide up and down him, slow and deep at first, then as the sensations got greater she got faster. Soon enough they both came moaning each others name out.
Kate collapsed onto Gibbs’ chest, both breathing heavily.
“ Jethro, that was amazing” she breathed.
“ Katie, your amazing” he said softly into her ear before kissing her neck.
Kate got off Gibbs and laid down next to him. Gibbs rolled over to face her. He brushed the loose strands of hair from her face.
“ What happens now?” she asked looking at the ceiling, realisation setting in now. Gibbs sighed.
“ We are going to enjoy this trip how ever we like” he told her.
“ And when the trip is over?” Kate asked finally looking at him. He could see the seriousness in her eyes and the old Gibbs came forward.
“ Kate, you know what” he started to say but Kate cut him off not wanting to hear him say it.
“ I don’t want to have something that I cant have when I get home” she explained. He was surprised and confused.
“ I want this and I know you wont let me have it when we get back so…it either ends here or…” she began. Gibbs couldn’t believe what he was hearing. He has wanted her for so long but was stopped by her dating and rule #12, of course he was entitled to break his own rules. Hearing that she wanted to break them with him made his night.
He smiled and kissed her quickly before she could say anything.
“ I would break any rules for you” he said softly. Kate smiled and hugged him.
“ Though I do feel that the others do not need to know about this. I don’t need Tony being on my back about sleeping with the boss” she said with a little laugh. She could feel Gibbs laughing.

The next day Kate and Gibbs went to have breakfast and saw Tony, Abby and McGee already at a table. Kate arrived at the table first then Gibbs.
“ Morning” Abby greeted with a smile as she took a sip of orange juice.
“ Where is Sophie this fine morning?” Kate asked with a grin on her face.
“ Don’t want to talk about it” Tony replied.
“ So she gave you the flick?” Kate asked. Tony just nodded his head, put down his piece of toast then got up.
“ I’m guna hit the pool. See you later” he said then left.
“ What are you guys going to do today?” McGee asked looking at Kate and Gibbs. Kate shrugged her shoulders as Gibbs kept drinking his coffee.
“ Maybe just stay by the pool, may attend the pilates class, not to sure” she said.
“ If you go I’ll join you” Abby said with an excited smile.
“ Sure. I think it’s at 3” Kate told her. Abby nodded.
“ I’ve got to go I got a chess comp to win” McGee said with a massive smile on his face.
“ He has beaten everyone so far” Abby told them. She got up to leave with him but stopped and grabbed her camera out.
“ Need a photo of you two today” Abby told them.
“ Abbs perhaps another time when we aren’t having breakfast” Gibbs told her. She put the camera down.
“ Come find us later on ok. Check the pool first” Kate told her.
“ Ok. You guys have fun” she said then left.
“ So you going to come swim with me today?” Kate asked with a smile. Gibbs sighed.
“ Why is it that I seem to be doing everything for you” he said with a little smile.
“ Because you like me” she said teasingly. Gibbs smiled. Kate grabbed his hand and dragged him to their bedrooms.
“ I want you changed and ready in 5 minutes” she told him as she entered her room. She got changed as quickly as she could and when she exited her room he was standing there in black board shorts and a towel slung over his shoulder.
“ I never took you as the shorts type Jethro” she said with a smile. Gibbs just smiled at her.
They put their towels on a spare sun beds.
“ Jethro, could you do my back?” Kate said holding up the sunscreen.
“ Sure” he said taking the bottle. He squirted it in his hands then started applying it to her skin. He looked around to make sure the others weren’t around, then kissed her shoulder before spreading the sunscreen over it. Then he started on the lower back.
“ Can you do my back?” he asked her as he finished hers. Kate turned around and took the sunscreen from his hand.
“ Turn around” she ordered him. She did the same, spread the sunscreen all over his back, making sure there was no spot left undone. When she was finished he turned around again.
“ How about the front” he said with a grin. She smiled at him then got some more sunscreen and started to rub it on his chest. She stopped when she saw a small round scar on his shoulder. She had flashes of the horrible and she couldn’t help but feel responsible for the scar. Gibbs looked down at her and realised what she had found.
Gibbs grabbed her hand to stop her. She was still looking at it. With his other hand he pulled her face up to his.
“ Not your fault. Now lets go swimming” he said kissing her. When he looked at her she had a smile on her face.
Kate took his hand and leads him into the pool after her.
They swam around for a bit before stopping as Abby and McGee came into their sights.
“ Hey, what are you guys up to?” Kate said as she came to the edge of the pool.
“ Not much, we were just going for a walk” Abby said slowly as she saw Gibbs join Kate on the edge of the pool.
“ Cool. So we still ok for pilates this afternoon?” Kate asked with a smile. Abby nodded her head. Kate smiled at her.
“ Oh can I get a picture, now that you guys are awake” Abby asked pulling out her camera again. Kate and Gibbs moved closer together and they both a gave a smile.
“ Thanks. I’ll see you at 3” Abby said as her and McGee left. Gibbs watched them walk away, then turned back to Kate and kissed her.
“ Gibbs, the others” Kate said.
“ They are gone and none of these people know us Kate” he said moving closer to her. Kate stood there looking at him, then at the other people around them.
‘ He was right. There is thousands of people on this boat and we only came on with 3 others. The chance of running in to them…’ she thought to herself. She looked at Gibbs who was waiting for her reply. She smiled at him then threw his arms around him then her legs. She kissed him passionately.
“ Katie, there are little kids around” he warned her.
“ Let’s go where there are no kids the” she said softly. Gibbs jumped out of the pool and grabbed Kate’s towel for her then started to dry himself off before heading for the bedroom, again.
Kate exited the room with Gibbs right behind her kissing her neck and squeezing her bum.
“ I promised Abby I would meet her there at 3 and its 2:55” Kate told him pushing him away.
“ Well don’t be to long. We only have one more day left” Gibbs told her as she walked away.
He was right after tomorrow they would be departing the boat and the no rules rule. She hurried to meet Abby and prayed that it would go fast so they could spend what little time they had together.
Abby was standing there looking at her watch.
“ What took you so long?” she asked.
“ Sorry, lost track of time in the pool, then had to get changed. I’m not that late” she told her. Abby laughed and headed inside.
The session went for 30 minutes so they were in and out pretty quick.
“ What are you doing for diner?” Kate asked Abby.
“ Well McGee has his second last chess match at about 5, then Tony was going to join us for the bistro at 7” Abby told her.
“ With or without Sophie?” Kate said with a little laugh.
“ No to sure. Are you going to join us?” Abby asked.
“ Sure. Do you want me to ask Gibbs?” she said.
“ Sure, if you know where he is hiding. I haven’t seen him since the pool and he promised he would spend time with me on this trip” Abby said disappointed. Kate really felt bad. She was to worried about what little time her and Gibbs had together, she didn’t even think about the rest of them.
“ Well when I find him I’ll remind him of that promise” Kate said rubbing her arm.
“ Thanks. So meet at 6:30 so we can get a table” Abby told her.
“ Yeah, sure thing” she said with a smile then left, heading for Gibbs’ room.
Kate pounded on the door and Gibbs opened it quickly. He grabbed her by the waist and pulled her inside and started kissing her. Kate pulled away and he stopped.
“ What?” he asked confused.
“ You promised Abby you would spend time with her on this trip, and you haven’t” Kate told him. He let go of her as he remembered making her that promise.
“ You have waited all your time with me and have neglected her and the others” Kate told him softly.
“ Not wasted, Katie” he told her.
“ Gibbs, we have been to involved with each other and not spending time with the rest of the team, which I think is what Ducky really wanted. For us to bond and have a relaxing time together. As well as having fun” she explained.
“ So, we are meeting the others at 6:30 for the bistro tonight” she told him.
“ Ok, does that mean DiNozzo as well?” he asked. Kate nodded her head.
“ Tim’s second last chess game is on at 5, if you want to go watch. I think he would appreciate that a lot” she told him as she started moved closer to him.
“ As long as I get a kiss” he said softly. Kate smiled and kissed him slowly.
“ I still have an hour and a half before hid game, we could…” he started, but Kate was way ahead of him as she started kissing him and removing his top.
‘ Twice in one day Kate. This man must be irresistible, even though he has to b in his 50’s’ a little voice in her head told her as she lay next the a sweaty, panting man.
‘ You cant tell him how you feel, that would be crazy. Only do it if he tells you’ another voice in her head said as her feelings towards him where coming to the service.
“ Katie, I’m going to miss this so much” he said as he rolled over to face her. She didn’t know what happened. She just felt a surge of anger inside her push its way up and out.
“ Is that all I am to you? Your sex toy. I thought this was more then that Gibbs.” She jumped out of the bed and started rummaging around for her clothes.
“ I know we could only do this on the trip but I at least thought you respected me, cared about me and would want the best for me. Now I see I’m just some young whore you don’t have to pay” she yelled at him. She couldn’t believe what she just said, but it was true at this moment that’s what she felt like.
“ Kate that’s not what you are” he said quickly jumping out of the bed and trying to stop her from leaving. He stood in front of the door, still naked, so she couldn’t leave without explaining his poor choice of words.
“ All I meant was, I’m going to miss this whole thing. Spending time with you, having fun with you. I don’t want to go home and everything to go back to the way it use to be” he said. She looked up at him, his eyes were pleading for her to believe him. She ran a hand through her hair.
“ I’m sorry for going off like that, I don’t know..” she started to apologize.
“ Not your fault” he said as he wrapped his arms around him.
“ I have to get ready for diner” she told him.
“ Right. Tim’s chess match” he said looking at the clock on the bedside table. Kate left the room and entered hers. She searched her suitcase for a dress to wear.
They all met at the bar waiting for their table to be ready.
“ So Tony, where is the very blonde Sophie tonight?” Kate asked taking a sip of water.
“ It didn’t work out” he told her. They all laughed as they knew there was more to it, he was just embarrassed to say so.
They all sat around the table and ordered what sounded good from the menu.
“ Can we get a bottle of red” Gibbs ordered just before the waiter went away. They all looked at him like he was crazy. He had never been one for wine, and would never be the one to ask for it.
“ McGee made it into the championship game of chess” Abby announced.
“ Wow, if that isn’t geek enough” Tony said.
“ Hey, give him a break. At least he is accomplishing something on this trip” Gibbs said sticking up for McGee. They all took a sip of win as the thought of Gibbs actually sticking up for someone was just to weird for them to deal with.
About 3 more bottles of wine later and they decide to call it a night.
“ See you guys in the morning” Gibbs said as he left the others and headed towards his room.
Kate jumped into bed and Abby on the bed above her. They stayed a wake for a little bit longer then the other two as they were asleep in seconds.
Kate couldn’t get to sleep. She kept rolling around in bed, she even tried counting sheep. But all her thoughts were interrupted by one man. Every time she closed her eyes she saw his face and his body. She decided to get up and go to him.
“ Kate, what are you doing?” Abby asked sleepily.
“ I cant sleep, I’m just going to go for a walk” she said softly. Kate opened the door quietly and heads down the corridor and to Gibbs’ door. Kate knocked softly on his door. She waited a while before he eventually came to the door in nothing but his undies.
“ Kate, what are you doing here?” he asked rubbing his eyes.
“ I cant sleep. When I close my eyes all I can think about is you” she told him quietly. He let her in and she wrapped her arms around him.
“ Can I sleep with you tonight?” she asked. Gibbs let go of her and lead her over to the bed. He pulled the covers back and helped her into the bed. He walked over to the other side of the bed and got in under the covers, moved over to Kate and wrapped her in his arms, kissed her neck then they both feel asleep.

It was morning and Kate and Gibbs were still in each others arms.
“ Gibbs” Abby banged on his bedroom door. They both jumped in bed at the sudden banging and yelling. They looked at each other in sudden realisation at what is about to happen.
“ Gibbs, open up” Abby’s voice came again. Gibbs jumped out of bed and pulled on some pants before opening the door.
“ Abby, what is going on?” he asked as he saw her standing there, behind her was Tony and McGee.
“ Kate’s missing. She went for a walk last night because she couldn’t sleep and when we woke up this morning she wasn’t in bed” Abby explained. Abby pushed her way inside, the others following her.
“ She said she couldn’t sleep, I think it was because of all the wine with diner” Abby kept babbling on.
“ I think she found a bed that was just right” Tony said as he looked around the room and saw Kate sitting up in Gibbs big bed. Abby looked at him confused before looking over at the bed and seeing her sitting in it.
“ Ok. I wasn’t expecting that” Abby said looking at Kate. Kate got up out of bed and looked straight over at Gibbs.
“ Kate, what are you doing in Gibbs’ bed?” Abby asked her. All eyes were on her waiting for an answer. She looked up at Gibbs, not knowing what to say.
“ Well, on this trip there are no rules” Gibbs started. Kate now knew he was going to tell them the truth and not try and hide it.
“ And so we decided to have a bit of fun” Kate told them.
“ Which is going to end as soon as we step off this ship” Gibbs ended. Kate didn’t say anything else, she just kept looking at Gibbs. Abby looked from Kate to Gibbs and back again.
“ Ok. Well I guess we will see you guys at breakfast” Abby said changing the subject. Kate nodded her head and Abby left with the others. Gibbs closed the door behind them. Kate sat back down on the bed and looked at the floor. She felt so hurt that it was going to end, even though she knew it had to. Deep down she wanted it to continue when this trip was over.
Gibbs came over and sat down next to her.
“ You ok?” He asked softly.
“ Gibbs I don’t want this to end” she told him.
“ Kate you know it has to” he told her.
“ Not just that, but this trip. We all seem happier and relaxed on here, plus no rules. I don’t want to go back to reality, I just want to stay on board and do what we have been doing” she told him looking into his eyes.
“ I wish the same thing. Tomorrow we go home, so instead of thinking the worst, we should be enjoying the time we have left, together” he told her with a small smile. Kate smiled and kissed him.
“ So meet you for breakfast?” she asked him. He nodded and she left to go get changed.
Kate made her way to the dinning area where she saw Tony sitting at a table already.
“ Where is Abby and McGee?” she asked sitting down opposite him.
“ Abby wanted to take some more photos” he told her.
“ She is obsessed with that camera” Kate said with a laugh. She took a sip of orange juice and could feel Tony’s eyes on her. She looked up and he was giving her a cheeky grin, like her was picturing something.
“ What?” she asked him.
“ Nothing. Just picturing you and..” he started to say.
“ Tony don’t. I sware I will throw you over board if you say anything about it” she said defensively.
“ I wont” he told her with a smile.
“ Thankyou” she said relieved.
“ I just have one question” he told her sitting foreword in his seat. Kate starred at him, daring him to ask the dreaded question she knew was coming.
“ What’s he like? I mean I know he is old and has had 3 ex-wives so he has to be pretty” he said.
“ Tony, please. Cant you just let go”.
“ Not until you answer my question”.
“ Fine. His age hasn’t slowed him down at all. In fact, if you must know, he is definitely the best I have had” she told him quietly so no one else was around. Tony sat back in his seat happy with her answer.
Gibbs then strolled in and took a seat next to Kate.
“ Where are the others?” he asked looking around.
“ Taking photos” Tony informed him.
“ She is obsessed with that camera” he said as he took a big sip coffee, Tony laughed to himself.
“ What’s so funny?” he asked not seeing the funny side of his comment.
“ Kate just said the same thing” he said with a grin. The grin started to fade as Tony and Kate starred at him.
Soon enough McGee and Abby joined them for breakfast.
After they all separated once again to enjoy their last day on board. Kate went and spent the day by the pool, she wouldn’t be seeing one when they return home.
Gibbs joined as it was going to be their last day together with no rules.
They lay next to each other on the sun beds.
“ Kate. I am sorry” he said softly.
“ I know. I would believe you even more if we didn’t have to end this” she told him. He sighed, got up off his sun bed and kneeled next to her and grabbed her hand that was by her side.
“ If I could continue doing this with you everyday, I would” he told her.
“ Why cant we?” she asked sitting up.
“ Kate you know why we cant” he told her. She didn’t say anything.
“ We would be to distracted. Well I know I would be” he said moving a piece of hair out of her face. She gave him a little smile, she knew he was right. If they did continue when they were at work her mind just wouldn’t be there.
“ Well I’m still going to be distracted” she told him in a low voice.
“ Katie” he said softly before kissing her. He knew what she was trying to do but he couldn’t let her change his mind. It was to dangerous to work and be involved with each other. He did feel bad for what he had to do but it was for the better.
He wrapped his arms around her and pulled her up into a big hug.
It felt like this was their goodbye hug. She didn’t know why she cared so much.
‘ Am I actually in love with him?’ she thought to herself.
‘ Oh my god. I cant be. It was suppose to be harmless fun’ she realised. She let go of Gibbs, grabbed her towel and headed to her room.
“ Kate?” she heard Gibbs call after her. The sound of her voice made her start running. She entered her room and slammed the door behind her.
“ I think the door is closed” she heard Abby’s voice shout from the bathroom. The Abby appeared in the room.
“ Sorry” Kate said trying to control her breathing.
“ Are you ok?” Abby asked walking over to Kate. Kate sat down on her bed and shook her head.
“ What? What is it?” Abby asked her.
“ I think I’m in love with him and I don’t know what I’m going to do” she blurted out. Abby sat there stunned not knowing what to say.
“ What are you going to do?” she asked Kate. She shrugged.
“ I cant do anything. We promised that it would end once this trip is over. I just don’t think I can do that” she said. She tried so hard to not show how hurt she was.
“ Maybe telling him how you feel?” Abby asked.
“ No, I cant. It would ruin everything” she told her.
“ And your sure of that?” Abby asked. She knew Kate wasn’t 100% sure on how Gibbs felt about her, but she has seen a side of Gibbs that she has never seen before and it was Kate who brought it out in him.
“ I’m sure. I’m going to take a shower” Kate said then got up and went into the bedroom. Abby sat on her bed not knowing what to do. She was startled out of her thoughts by a knock on the door. She got up and opened it.
“ Gibbs, what are you doing here?” she asked surprised to see him.
“ Have you seen Kate?” he asked. He looked desperate to find her.
‘ Now if he really didn’t care he wouldn’t be looking for her’ she thought to herself.
“ Yeah, she is having a shower. Is everything alright?” she asked him.
“ I’m not sure. When she’s done tell her I need to see her. I’ll be in my room” he said before turning and heading for his room. Abby heard the water stop running. She knocked on the bathroom door.
“ Yeah?” Kate called out.
“ Gibbs wants to see you when your done. He will be in his room” Abby shouted back to her.
“ Ok”.
Kate knocked on Gibbs’ door and he opened it within seconds. He grabbed her by the waits and dragged her in then took his mouth with hers. She cant help but go along with him.
They end up in bed for the last time.
“ I’m going to miss this so much” Kate told him as she lay on his chest He ran his hand through her hair.
“ It doesn’t have to end” she said softly. Gibbs sighed and he stopped running his hand through her hair.
“ Kate how many times do we have to go over this” he asked her.
“ Ok, forget it. I’ll see you at diner” she said as she got up and got dressed.
“ Kate, don’t leave” he said as he got up out of bed.
“ Why should I stay?” she asked heading for the door.
“ Because its our last day together” he said making his way over to her. She gave him a little smile.
“ And I don’t want to ruin it” she said then left.

Everyone was up early packing and getting ready to dock.
“ Don’t forget your toothbrushes” Abby reminded everyone as she left the bathroom with hers in her hand. Tony and McGee looked at each other, checked their bags then went into the bathroom and grabbed their brushes.
Kate quietly packed her bag, stuffing everything in, not really caring of they were folded properly or not.
“ You ok?” Abby asked softly. Kate nodded.
“ Yeah, I guess I have to be” she said trying to force a smile.
“ It’ll be ok” Abby said rubbing Kate’s arm. Kate didn’t say anything. She just wanted to crawl back into bed and never wake and face the day. She knew what was coming and did not want to deal with it.
They all exited the room and saw everyone else in the corridor with their bags as well ready to de-boat. Kate heard a door slam and looked up and saw Gibbs making his way up the corridor towards them. He smiled at her but didn’t say anything.
“ So do we get to eat before we get off this thing or what?” Tony asked with a big smile, trying to break the tension between Kate and Gibbs.
“ I’m sure we can Tony” Abby said with a laugh. They headed towards the buffet and found a spare table and got settled. The all got the food they would miss the most when they get home.
Soon they could see the land and there was an announcement telling everyone that docking will be very shortly so be prepared.
The walked down the ramp and onto the docks where a happy Ducky was waiting for their arrival.
“ Ducky” Abby greeted as she ran up to him and gave him a big hug.
“ Did you have a good time?” he asked with a big smile.
“ The best. Thank you so much” she replied hugging him again.
“ Don’t worry she took heaps of photos” Tony said with a smile. Kate and Gibbs stood at the back of their group. Kate was very thankful towards Ducky but at this moment she wasn’t in the mood for happy.
“ That’s good I cant wait to see them” Ducky said with a smile. They all got in their cars and left for home.
Kate entered her home and left her bag by the front door. She closed the door behind her and made her way to the lounge. She sat down and starred at her reflection in the T.V. She couldn’t understand why he couldn’t just bend the rules for her. She couldn’t help but feel that he didn’t really care for her and just lead her on. She couldn’t hold herself together anymore she had to let it all go. She leaned foreword onto her arms and cried. She cried even more as pictures of their time together popped into her head and she could still hear his words.
Gibbs did feel bad for what has happened but he could not risk starting anything with her now as it could end badly and affect their work. He didn’t want to end what they had but he had no choice. He stopped sanding his boat and took a big sip of bourbon.
He couldn’t stop thinking about her. Her smile, her smell, her laugh, her kisses and her touches. He threw the sanding block on the ground and stormed up stairs.

“ Everybody down to my lab. I created a slide show of all the pictures I took yesterday and I want you all to see” Abby said bounding into the squad room with a big smile on her face. They all obeyed her orders and made their way downstairs where they saw Ducky and Palmer already sitting in front of the plasma ready to watch the slideshow. Abby pressed play and music blasted from her speakers. She turned it down a bit so she could do some commentary. The pictures started showing on the screen. Everyone laughed and smiled at the photos, until the first picture of Kate and Gibbs popped up on the screen. It was when they were sharing their first dance together, looking into each others eyes. Kate, standing away from Gibbs, looked over at Gibbs who seemed like he didn’t care about the photo at all. Kate’s heart was racing and she turned back to the screen and saw her and Gibbs in the pool. She felt her hands getting sweaty, she wiped them on her skirt and looked over at Gibbs again. He was just standing there.
“ And this was when McGee won the chess championship” she heard Abby say. She looked up to see a picture of McGee holding a mini trophy with a big grin on his face. She smiled slightly.
“ Well done Timothy” Ducky praised him. They kept watching and there was a picture of all 4 of them at diner on their last night. The next photo was of her and Gibbs dancing and Abby and McGee dancing next to them.
“ You all look so happy” Ducky said with a smile. Kate didn’t want to be there anymore, looking at the memories she wanted to forget.
Once the slide show was over Kate ran out of Abby’s lab and went back upstairs.
“ Is she ok?” Palmer asked.
“ She’ll be fine” Abby said quickly.
“ Well it looked like you all had a great time” Ducky said getting up from his chair.
“ Well it is all thanks to you Ducky” Abby said with a smile.
“ Anytime my dear” he said with a smile as he and Palmer left. Tony, McGee and Gibbs all started to head out to.
“ Gibbs I need to talk to you” Abby said and Gibbs stopped and waited for the others to leave. He walked back over to Abby.
“ I put those pictures in for a reason Gibbs” she told him. Gibbs just looked at her.
“ She loves you Gibbs, why cant you see that? Why cant you just bend the rules for her and you. I can see you care about her” she told him.
“ Abby, its not that simple” he said softly.
“ Actually it is. You go up there, tell her how sorry you are and that you love her and you all live happily ever after” she told him. Gibbs shook his head.
“ Abby I...” he started.
“ Gibbs please. You need to fix this. Your scared of hurting her but this is hurting her more then ever” she told him. Gibbs sighed.
“ I’ll see what I can do” he said. Abby smiled and hugged him.
“ Thank you”.
Gibbs went back up to the squad room and as he was about to enter Kate beat him there. She looked like she had been crying.
“ Are you ok?” he asked softly.
“ I’m fine” she told him.
“ You don’t look fine” he pushed.
“ So all of a sudden you care how I feel” she snapped at him.
“ Kate, conference room” Gibbs ordered. She stormed her way to the conference room and Gibbs followed behind her.
Gibbs entered the room and closed the door behind him and locked it. Kate stood waiting for him.
“ Sit” he ordered her. She pulled out a chair and sat down.
“ Kate, we need to talk” he said softly.
“ I’m done talking” she said to him.
“ Kate listen to me. If I could have it any other way I would want to continue what we had but it will be to complicated” he told her.
“ I don’t see what’s so complicated” she said.
“ We would be to distracting to each other. We would be putting everyone else in danger to” Gibbs told her.
“ Distracting? Gibbs this is distracting me. I love you and you don’t even care” she told him, starting to get up set again.
“ I do care Kate. It’s just…” he didn’t know what to say.
“ What? You cant be with someone who can intimidate you?” she asks.
“ No. Kate just listen. I loved what we had on the cruise and I hate myself for ending it there, but believe me if I could changed that I would. You and I both know the rules” Gibbs says almost yelling at her. Kate is taken a back from his little outburst. She stands up and walks towards him.
“ If you are willing to, we can keep this professional Gibbs. As long as I’m with you I can keep this at home and not at work” she told him. Gibbs looked at her.
‘ Maybe she is right. We are both adults and would be quiet capable of being professional about this’ he thought to himself. He watched her come towards her.
“ Please, tell me know” she said softly. Gibbs took a deep breath.
“ I love you Katie and…I want to continue what we had” he told her softly. A smile spread across her face. She through her arms around his neck and took his mouth with hers. Gibbs wrapped his arms around his waist and he pulled her close.
“ Are you sure?” she asked just to make sure.
“ I have never been so sure” he said before kissing her and picking her up and placing her on the table. She wrapped her legs around him best she could wearing a skirt.
They were interrupted by a knock on the door.
“ Agent Gibbs, the director wants to see you a.s.a.p” Cynthia yelled through the door. Gibbs stopped kissing Kate.
“ 5 Minutes” he called back. He helped Kate off the table and they straightened each other up.
“ My place after work” Gibbs told her, kissed her quickly then went out the door. Kate stood there not knowing what to do. A huge smile crossed her face and she left the conference room.
This story archived at http://www.ncisfiction.com/viewstory.php?sid=3778