Family by katetodd4eva
Summary: Gibbs meets Kate's family.
Categories: Gibbs/Kate Characters: Abby Sciuto, Kate Todd, Leroy Jethro Gibbs, Anthony DiNozzo, Donald Mallard, Timothy McGee
Genre: Established relationship, Friendship, Humor, Romance
Pairing: Gibbs/Kate
Warnings: None
Challenges:
Series: None
Chapters: 6 Completed: Yes Word count: 27147 Read: 16667 Published: 12/05/2010 Updated: 01/04/2011

1. Kate's Family by katetodd4eva

2. Important News by katetodd4eva

3. Father by katetodd4eva

4. Connor Jack Gibbs by katetodd4eva

5. Christmas Arrival by katetodd4eva

6. Family Trp by katetodd4eva

Kate's Family by katetodd4eva
Author's Notes:
Gibbs meets Kate's family.
“ You’re going to have to meet them before the wedding” Kate told him as she moved around the bedroom packing a bag full of her clothes. Gibbs was sitting on the bed watching her every move.
“ Come on Kate, don’t make me do this” he said almost nagging. He is normally afraid of nothing, but meeting the parents of his fiancé, that’s a different matter.
“ It’s not that bad. If your parents where still here I would want to meet them” she told him.
“ And I still wouldn’t go with you” he told her.
“ Why not?” she asked, stopping her packing and turned to look at him.
“ I just don’t do parents” he said plainly.
“ So your ex-wives parents?” she asked with her hands on her hips.
“ Saw ‘em at the wedding and that was it” he said with a grin.
“ Probably why they are ex’s” she said quietly to herself as she went back to packing her bag.
“ I’m not going to spend a weekend being interrogated by people who think I’m not good enough for their little girl” he says seriously. Kate drops the piece of clothing in her bag and walks over to stand in front of Gibbs.
“ You are good for me, no matter what anyone thinks” she tells him as she wraps her arms around his neck. She leans down and kisses him.
“ Fine, I’ll go” he says in a soft face. She smiles then leans down and kisses him again.

The next afternoon they were on a flight heading to Indiana. Gibbs took the seat by the window while Kate had the aisle seat.
“ So how big is your family?” he asked softly, still looking out the window.
“ Oh pretty big. Do you want me to run through everyone for you?” she asked looking over at him. He turned to look back at her.
“ Please” he said with a small smile. Kate to a deep breath before she started.
“ Ok. So oldest is Steve. He is married to Tia and they have three children Sophie 12, Nathan 9 and Josh 6. Second is Justin. He is married to Megan and they also have three children Jason 9, Natalie7 and Carmen7.Twins.Third is my sister Rachel. She and her husband Dominic have two children Nicole 5 and James 3. Then its me” she said with a grin.
“ Caitlin. Engaged. No kids” Gibbs said for her.
“ Yet” she said with a smile. Gibbs looks at her with wide eyes. She laughed at his expression before continuing.
“ The youngest Brad and his wife Tracey only have one at the moment, little Mia 2” she said finally finished naming her family, excluding her mum and dad.
“ At the moment?” he asked confused.
“ Well last time I spoke to them they were trying for their second” she informed him.
“ I see” he simply said looking back out the window.
“ So will you remember all that?” she asked with a smile.
“ Steve and Tia, Justin and Megan, Rachel and Dominic and then Brad and Tracey” he rambled off the names of her siblings and their spouses.
“ And the kids?” she asked with a grin.
“ I’m good but I’m not that good” he said returning her smile.
“ You’ll be fine, just be yourself” she said placing a hand on his thigh.
“ Myself?” he asked with a raised eyebrow.
“ The way you are with me. I don’t want any Special Agent Gibbs this weekend” she said looking into his eyes.
“ What if..” he started but Kate cut him off.
“ Jethro please. Gibbs stays in DC while Jethro meets my parents” she said seriously.
“ See you are worried” he said trying to lighten her mood.
“ No, I just know my family” was all she said and looked away from him. He sighed and took her hand in his.
“ I’ll do my best” he said softly.
“ Thankyou” she said with a small smile before he leant over and kissed her gently. They both leaned back into their seats and tried to enjoy the rest of the flight.

Once at the airport they collected their luggage and then made their way to the car rentals. They loaded up the car and Kate started the hour long drive to her parent’s house.
Kate pulls the car up a gravel driveway. Gibbs take in the scenery when a two story white house with a veranda around the hole house and beautiful gardens appears in his vision.
“ We’re here” Kate announces as she turns the car off.
“ Can we go home now?” he asked with a slight grin on his face.
“ No, now get out of the car” she told him as she exited the car. She went to the boot and grabbed their bags out and placed them on the ground. Gibbs finally got out o the car and actually took in his surroundings before walking to the back of the car to help Kate with the bags.
“ So this is where you grew up” he said.
“ Yeah. Something wrong with it?” she asked closing the boot.
“ No, its perfect” he said grabbing the bags and following her to the front door.
“ I always thought so” she said with a smile. They made their way up the front steps when the door swung open.
“ Caitlin dear you made it” came her mother’s voice with a broad smile on her face.
“ Hi mum, how are you?” Kate asked as she wrapped her arms around her in a big hug.
“ Good darling. Your father is dying to see you” she said pulling back to look at Kate.
“ Isn’t he always” she said with a smile. She turned to her side and saw Gibbs still standing there holding their bags.
“ Mum this is Jethro, Jethro Julie” Kate said with a bright smile. Gibbs put down the bags and held out a hand towards Kate’s mum Julie.
“ Nice to meet you” he said with a small grin. Julie just returned his smile. She looked him up and down, he was definitely not what she had expected.
“ Now darling, go put your bags away and come say hello” Julie said turning her attention back to Kate as she lead them into the house. Kate made her way up the stairs and headed for her old room. Gibbs followed close behind her and shut the door once he was in the room and set the bags down near the bed.
“ That went well” he said standing back up.
“ Don’t be like that” Kate said as she stood in front of him.
“ She couldn’t even say anything, Caitlin” he mocked her mother’s use of her first name.
“ She is the only one that calls me that. She always use to say ‘ Given names should not be shortened. It shows laziness’” she said in a mocking tone with a grin one her face.
“ And your father?” he asked slipping his arms around her waist and pulling her closer to him.
“ Complete opposite” she said wrapping her arms around him.
“ That’s good to know” he said with a smile before leaning down and giving her a quick kiss.
“ Come on he will be dying with anticipation” she said with a little laugh and lead the way out of the room and down to the lounge room.
“ Kate sweetheart, how are you” Her dad chorused as soon as he saw her enter the lounge room. He got up off his chair and made his way over to give her a hug.
“ I’m great dad, and you?” she asked as she was still in his tight bear hug.
“ Better now that you here” he said finally letting her go. Kate smiled up at her dad and turned to Jethro.
“ Dad this is Jethro”, she pulled Jethro up next to her and her dad.
“ Ah, the man who finally tamed our Katie, I’m Jack by the way” Jack said with a smile and an outstretched hand to Gibbs. Gibbs smiled taking Jacks hand.
“ That’s me, good to finally meet you. He was relieved that one of her family members was happy to meet him.
“ Kate”, he looked up to see a women with a bright smile on her face. She looked similar to Kate but with more sandy blonde hair then the brown of Kate’s.
“ Rach, oh my god I didn’t know you would be here today” Kate exclaimed running over to her sister and wrapping her arms around her.
“ I know we came up a day early to surprise you”, Kate smiled then wrapped her arms around her sister again.
“ That you did. So where are the kids?” Kate asked pulling away from her and looking for her niece and nephew.
“ Outside with Dom” she motioned to the back door.
“ Oh ok”. Rachel turned back to Kate and saw Gibbs standing next to her.
“ So this is the lucky man” she said motioning towards Gibbs.
“ Ha ha, yes this is Jethro” she grabbing his hand.
“ I hope you know what your getting yourself into” Rachel warned with a little laugh. Gibbs smiles and looks down at Kate.
“ Oh believe me I do”. They heard the kids scream in laughter.
“ Come on Kate, the kids are dying to see you” Rachel told her. Kate followed Rachel outside, still with her hand in Gibbs’
“ Ok, it has been a while”. The three of them headed outside to find Dominic, Nicole and James rolling around on the grass. Once again they did all the pleasantries. They headed back inside when Rachel pulled Kate aside.
“ Nice catch you got there”.
“ Thanks, I like to think so” Kate replied with a smile as she watched Gibbs enter the house before turning back to her sister.
“ But don’t you think he is a bit old for you” Rachel said shrugging her shoulders, trying to say it in the nicest way possible. Kate was taken aback by her sister’s comment.
“ No I don’t. Can you not judge him, I already have to put up with mum, not to mention the boys when they get here” she said with a roll of her eyes at the thought of what they will think of him.
“ Ok, ok. I was just trying to protect you”.
“ Well you don’t have to, not with Jethro” she told in a soft tone.
“ Wow”.
“ Wow what?” a confused expression crossing Kate’s face.
“ You really do love him” Rach said with a broad smile. Kate returned her smile then sighed.
“ Yeah I do”.
“ Oh I’m so happy for you” Rach said giving Kate another hug.
“ Thank you”.

Gibbs and Kate headed back up to their room to rest after their flight and all the meet and greets, with more to come. They were lying cuddle up next to each other when Kate’s mum Julie called.
“ Caitlin, diner”. Kate let out a big sigh before replying.
“ Ok, we be right down”. Jethro sat up and looked down at Kate who was still lying on the bed.
“ Your mother hate me” he said matter of factly. Kate smiled at him.
“ She doesn’t hate you, she just doesn’t know you” she said running her hand up his arm that supported him.
“ How can she when she hasn’t said one word to me” he told her. Kate finally sat up to be next to him.
“ Have you spoken to her?”
“ I know when I’m not wanted” he said getting up off the bed, holding his hand out to help her off the bed.
“ Look, don’t worry about it and lets go eat” she leaned up and gave him a quick kiss and lead him down to the dining room.

“ So have you set a date yet?” Rachel asked Kate and Gibbs. The two looked at each other, trying to decide who was going to answer. Kate’s family, Kate’s answer.
“ Not yet. We were going to wait and see what comes up before setting anything”.
“ Smart thinking” Jack said with a nod.
“ So any plans for a family?” Dom asked as he took a bit bite of his salad, ignoring the glare he got from Rachel. Kate felt Gibbs tense next to her and took it as another sign for her to answer.
“ Um, well no. One step at a time” she chuckled.
“ Uh huh, so if it happens before the wedding?” Rachel asked watching Kate and Gibbs’ reaction.
“ Rachel” Julie scolded. Rachel turned to her mother and shrugged.
“ What?”, then Kate jumped in before anyone else had a chance to say anything else.
“ If it did happen it wouldn’t change anything”.
“ Caitlin” her mum said shocked.
“ Oh mum you know we have all had sex before getting married” Rachel said with a grin.
“ Rach I don’t think now is the time to be talking about this” Jack intervened seeing the anger rising in his wife.
“ I totally agree. So when are the boys coming?” Kate asked changing the subject.
“ Well Steven will be here in the morning” Julie told her.
“ The others late afternoon, diner time” her dad finished off.
“ Mum and I thought of doing a BBQ tomorrow night as a getting to know Jethro thing” Rachel said enthusiastically. Kate looked at Gibbs. She could tell he was uncomfortable with the whole idea.
“ I don’t think that’s necessary” Kate started, but Gibbs stopped her from continuing.
“ No it’s ok” he said quickly.
“ Great” Rachel replied with a smile.

After diner they helped Julie clean up the dishes and decided to turn in as it was getting late and tomorrow was going to be a big day.
Gibbs was in the room first as Kate had to finish saying goodnight to Nicole and James. She finally entered the room, closing the door quietly behind her. Gibbs was already in his boxers when she walked in.
“ Your mother still thinks you’re a virgin? That was the first thing I knew about you” he said with a little laugh as he recalled the memory. Kate gave him a small smile.
“ Mum is still very traditional. No sex before marriage, so no baby born out of wedlock, the given name thing” she explained. Gibbs grabbed his shirt from his bag and turned back to look at her.
“ I see. Does that include ignoring the much older fiancé?” he asked as he pulled his shirt over his head.
“ No and you’re not much older. Just older” she corrected him.
“ I told you it was a bad idea meeting your family” he went on.
“ Nothings gone wrong”
“ Yet” he said softly, but still loud enough for her to hear.
“ Stop” she said raising her voice a little. Once she had his full attention back she spoke again.
“ Now get over here” she said with a cheeky grin on her face which Gibbs returned as he made his way over to her and wrapped his arms around her waist and pulled her close.
“ I love you Caitlin Todd” he said in a soft, husky voice.
“ I love you to Leroy Jethro Gibbs” she said then leaned up and kissed him.

They both woke up to the warm morning sun coming through the open window. Kate rolled over to see Gibbs cuddled up right behind her. When they first started dating he use to do every night she slept over. He told her it was so she would leave him. When she had moved in months later he didn’t do it so often. This was the first time he had done it in a couple of weeks.
“ I’m not leaving you Jethro, you should know that by now” she said and placed a gentle kiss to his lips.
“ Just making sure” he mumbled in his still sleeping slumber.
They eventually got themselves out of bed and change ready to head downstairs for breakfast. They were at the top of the stairs when Kate heard a very familiar voice.
“ Caitlin Todd is required at the front door”. A smile spread across her face and she ran down the stairs. Gibbs followed in a much slower pace.
“ Steve, how are you?” she greeted her oldest brother in a big bear hug.
“ Not as good as you. You look amazing, bit skinny” Steve said letting go of Kate to get a good look at her.
“ But still gorgeous”. Steve looked behind Kate to see Gibbs standing there with a small grin of his face. Kate let go of Steve and brought Gibbs forward so he could meet Steve properly.
“ Steve this is my fiancé Jethro” she said with a grin on her face.
“ How you going?” Steve asked as he shook Gibbs’ hand.
“ Good. You?” Gibbs replied.
“ Yeah good. You better look after her” Steve said turning his attention back to Kate.
“ You have my word” Gibbs replied as he looked down at Kate who still had a smile plastered on her face.
“ Good. Where is everyone else?” Steve asked looking around. Kate pointed in the direction of the others.
“ In the kitchen”.
“ Great” Steve took off into the kitchen to greet the rest of his family. Gibbs turned to say something to Kate but they were interrupted by another voice.
“ Hey Kate” said the sandy blonde woman now standing in the doorway.
“ Oh Tia, how are you?” Kate asked as she hugged the woman.
“ I’m great, but not as good as you it looks like” Tia said with a smile as she saw Gibbs standing just behind her. Kate let go of Tia.
“ This is Jethro” Kate said introducing the two.
“ Nice to meet you” Gibbs said with a little smile.
“ Like wise. So I hear Rachel and Dom are already here” Tia said looking around the house, which seemed so quiet.
“ Yeah in the kitchen, the kids are up their room” Kate said with a smile.
“ Ah so that’s why it’s so quiet” Tia said with a laugh as Kate lead them into the kitchen. When the rest of her siblings arrived there was more meeting and greeting. Gibbs liked her brothers, though he felt that Justin dis-liked him straight away.
The rest of the day was spent getting the food ready for the big BBQ that night. Gibbs helped the men put up lights in the yard, while Kate was in the kitchen with the women preparing the food.

Gibbs was helping Kate’s brothers with the BBQ.
“ So Jethro what did you do before working at NCIS?” Steve asked taking a sip of his beer.
“ I was a marine” he answered trying to sound as friendly as possible. He never liked talking about his past but to be accepted by Kate’s family he had to overcome that.
“ Wow a marine” Steve said impressed.
“ Why did you leave?” Brad asked. Gibbs took a deep breath.
“ I wound up in a coma. I knew next time I wouldn’t be so lucky” he gave them the quick, believable version.
“ So you joined NCIS” Brad said.
“ Yep”.
“ Have you thought about your retirement?” Brad continued. Gibbs knew he was insinuating something but he wasn’t going to give in.
“ Nope”. He could see Justin want to continue, but Gibbs’ attention was diverted to the little tug on his pants. He looked down to see a small dark haired girl with big green eyes looking up at him.
“ Excuse me” she said politely.
“ Yes?” Gibbs asked getting down on one knee to get to her height.
“ Could you push me on the swing please?” she asked with big pleading eyes. Gibbs smiled and got up.
“ Sure” he held out his hand and the little girl took it and lead him to the swings.
“ What’s your name?” she asked.
“ Jethro. What’s yours?” he said as he helped her onto the swing. Once she was settled he started pushing her gently.
“ Natalie”. His mind raced trying to remember who she belonged to. Steve and Tia he remembered.
“ Are you going to marry my Aunty Kate?” she asked. He kept pushing her as they talked.
“ Yes I am”.
“ Do you love her?”. He was a bit shocked at this question. She was only 9 years old and knew about love. He chuckled to himself.
“ I sure do”.
“ I do to. Can I come to the wedding?” she asked. Gibbs chuckled to himself. He couldn’t believe the conversation he was having with a 9 year old.
“ Of course” he peeked around the swing and saw the grin that was on her face.

Inside Kate, Tia, Tracey, Megan and Rachel were in the kitchen putting together the last of the salads. Tia was at the sink when she looked out the window, facing the backyard.
“ Kate come here” she called.
“ What?” she asked as she came to stand next to Tia. Tia pointed out the window towards Gibbs.
“ Look, Jethro is pushing Nat on the swing”. Kate smiled at then.
“ He’s really good with kids” she told them as she went back to the island in the middle of the kitchen.
“ Is that so?” Tracey said in a cheeky tone. Kate stopped what she was doing and looked at Tracey, who was rubbing her bulging baby belly.
“ Trace we are nowhere near ready to even think about having kids”. Megan was now picking up on the conversation.
“ Why not?” she asked. Kate thought about it but didn’t have time to answer before Tia butted in.
“ Yeah why not? He’s good with kids, you’re good with kids. You’re about to get married. How much more ready could you get?” she said pointing a carrot at Kate while she talked. She was about to answer when she was interrupted again.
“ What are you ladies gossiping about?” Brad asked as he snaked his arms around Tracey.
“ Kate and Jethro starting a family” Rachel said with a smile. Brad kissed Tracey’s neck then let go of her and turned to face Kate.
“ I see. Mr Marine having kids” he said in a mocking tone. Everyone noticed his tone. Tracey was about to say something but decided not to when Kate spoke.
“ He told you he was a marine?” she asked surprised that he had shared that information with them.
“ Yes Katie. We did some bonding like the good brothers we are” he said with a cheesy grin. Kate shook her head.
“ I don’t believe that for a second”.
“ So you want to have kids with this guy?” Brad asked seriously. Kate stopped what she was doing and looked at him.
“ Yes, do you have a problem with that?” she asked getting a bit defensive.
“ No, but don’t you think he is a bit old for that?”. She rolled her eyes. She was so sick of everyone judging him because he is older than her.
“ What is it with everyone and his age. Can’t you just be happy that I have found someone to love who loves me back” she almost yelled. Rachel went up to her side.
“ Of course Kate, but the guy should be having grandkids not kids of his own” Brad said rubbing Kate’s arm. Kate pulled her arm away and headed for the door. She stopped and looked at her brother.
“ Thanks for the support” she said in a disappointed tone then went outside. Rachel knew she should have intervened but it was between her and Brad and them being the youngest they had a special bond. Once Kate was gone Tracey spoke up.
“ Go you can be an asshole sometimes Brad” in an annoyed tone. She loved him dearly but when he acted like this she couldn’t help but hate him.
“ What? I’m just saying what we are all thinking” he said surprised at his wife’s outburst.
“ She is your sister. At least be happy for her” Megan decided to but in.
“ I am, I’m just also protecting her”
“ You of all people should know that” Rachel started but stopped when she saw Steve enter the kitchen.
“ Hey, is everything ok?” he asked looking at everyone’s annoyed expressions. Tracey finally answered.
“ Yeah, just Brad being Brad”.

Outside Kate made her way over to Gibbs and Natalie, who was still swinging on the swing. She hoped from fresh air and new company would calm her down.
“ Hey Aunty Kate” Natalie said in a happy tone. She tried to wave as Gibbs swung her.
“ Hey sweetheart. You having fun?” she asked as she stood to the side so Natalie could see her. She couldn’t look at Gibbs right now, he would know straight away that something was wrong.
“ Yes. Uncle Jethro said that I could come to your wedding”. Kate smiled. She felt better talking to her 9 year old niece then her siblings.
“ Of course you are. I wouldn’t have it any other way” she said with a smile. She then looked up at Jethro expecting him to be surprised that she had just called him Uncle’ but he didn’t seem to care.
“ Can wear a dress like Belles?” Natalie asked Kate. Kate was totally confused. She had never heard of Belle before.
“ Who?”.
“ From the Beauty and the Beast” Gibbs said, ignoring the surprised expression he received from Kate.
“ She has brown hair like me and you Aunty Kate” Natalie said looking at Kate. Kate smiled at her. Then looked back over at the house and saw Justin and her father taking the meat off the BBQ.
“ Yes she does. I think it’s time to go wash up for diner” Kate said turning back to Natalie.
“ Ok” she said. Not happy that her swing time was over. Gibbs grabbed the swing and brought it to a sow haut and Kate helped her off. Natalie ran off inside along with the other kids. Gibbs came up and stood next to her.
“ You ok?” he asked. She had thought she had hidden her anger from him. Well she was going to lie to him now.
“ No, but I’ll get over it” she said with a sigh.
“ Do you want to talk about it?” he asked concerned, looking down at her.
“ Not really. Maybe later” she told him.
“ Ok” he accepted her answer, put an arm around her shoulders and walked her inside.

Diner had not gone as smoothly as Kate had hoped. To her it felt like more of an interrogation. Brad and Justin the interrogators and Gibbs was on the receiving end. Kate had gotten so annoyed she left the table without even finishing her meal. Gibbs quickly followed her up to their bedroom and closed the door behind him. She was pacing the room, he could tell she was furious.
“ I can’t believe them” she finally said.
“ It’s ok” he tried his best to calm her down. It only seemed to make her more angry.
“ No it’s not. They are my family, they are supposed to support me and be happy for me. Not that bunch of criticizing people” she was now yelling Gibbs had never seen her this upset, well maybe once or twice at him, but this was her family. Gibbs walked over and stood in front of her.
“ Kate I don’t care that your family doesn’t like me, as long as you still do that’s all that matters” he said in a soft tone. Kate took in a deep breath then let it go. She looked up into his eyes and automatically felt then anger escape her body.
“ Of course I do. I was just hoping that they would show you a bit more respect”. Gibbs placed his hands on her arms and rubbed them slightly.
“ I didn’t come here for them, I came here for you. If you want we can go home” he said with a smile and hope in his voice. Kate returned his smile.
“ No it’s ok. I’ll just put up with them”. Gibbs nodded before he pulled her into a hug.
“ Ok. Well we should get some sleep” he said, then kissed her forehead.

The next morning they woke and headed down stairs for breakfast. Kate was happy when no one brought up the events that had happened last night. Kate helped clean up the mess from breakfast. They all settled in the living room to rest their full stomachs when Kate’s mother walked in holding a camera.
“ Ok family picture time” she said in a cheerful voice. She was met with groans from her children.
“ Oh mum do we really have to?” Kate groaned as she sat up out of Gibbs’ arms.
“ Well if you made more of an effort to visit, we wouldn’t need to” her mum started to use her accusing voice, of which Kate absolutely hated so she gave in.
“ Ok, ok you made your point. Let’s get this over with” she got up off the lounge. Kate’s mum beamed at her. Her father walked in just in time.
“ Ok, so we want all you siblings first” Julie ordered handing the camera to Jack. Jethro can you take the pictures?” Jack asked holding the camera out for him.
“ Sure, no problem” he answered getting up and taking the camera from Jack.
“ Dad he’s part of the family too” Kate protested.
“ Actually Kate, as you guys aren’t married yet, he isn’t” Brad said as he was put in place by Julie.
“ Really it’s ok” Gibbs said as he gently kissed her cheek. She let out a sigh and finally went and took her place with her brothers and sister.
“ Yeah, he can show us his crime scene photo skills” Justin joked.
“ Shut up Justin, that’s my job anyway” Kate spat back giving him a look that could have killed him. After taking more than 40 pictures they were eventually done. Kate got her way when she persisted that her and Gibbs got a picture together. Julie and Jack couldn’t help but exchange looks when they took the picture, Kate looked so happy to be in his arms and Gibbs looked so protective of her. Jack knew he was a good man, just convincing Justin and Brad would be the hard thing.

“ So who wants to come get these developed with me?” Tracey called as she entered the living room.
“ Why don’t you just use the computer?” Kate asked looking at her.
“ Well when everyone wants a copy, we think it’s just easier” Tracey said with a shrug of her shoulders.
“ Fair enough. I’ll come, that is if you will be ok by yourself?” she said turning to look at Gibbs. He gave her a small smile. He didn’t want her leave him alone but it would give her some personal with her sister in law.
“ Of course. I’ll be ok. Go develop photos” he said with a smile then kissed her.
“ Ok, well have fun. Shouldn’t be too long” Kate said then left with Tracey.

Gibbs was in the living room with Kate’s brothers. He was reading some magazine. He could feel their eyes on him but didn’t say anything. If they wanted to talk they could start. He had nothing to say to them. He only wished Kate would hurry up. She had already been a way for an hour and he didn’t know how long this silence would last between them. He didn’t have to wait long.
“ So tell me Jethro, what do you love about my sister?” Brad asked as he sat forward. Steve shot him a warning look but he ignored it. Gibbs put his magazine down and looked over at Brad.
“ Her smile, her laugh, the care that is always in her eyes, her stubborn and fiery personality and the way she thinks and see’s things in a different way. Do I need to continue?”.
“ Nope. I was actually thinking that her being 15 years younger than you would be a major contributor” Brad said with a smirk. Now both Justin and Steve were staring at Brad. Steve liked Gibbs and Justin was starting to warm up to him, but Brad just couldn’t accept it, and they knew this wouldn’t end well. Gibbs smiled at him, trying to remain calm, for Kate’s sake more than his or Brads.
“ Age is nothing but a number”. Brad nodded his head.
“ To some people. To others, marrying someone 15 years younger than you makes you a pervert”.
“ Is that what you think? Your sister is marrying a pervert”. Now he couldn’t hide his anger that was growing. He knew if Kate didn’t get home soon all hell would break lose. He watched as Brad stood from the couch and took a couple of steps towards him.
“ Yeah I do actually. I cannot find a logical reason why she would want to marry someone like you” he pointed a finger at Gibbs. Gibbs immediately stood from the couch. They were staring each other down only meters away from each other.
“ Someone like me? Me who loves her, respects her, who can and will protect her”. With every word he took a step closer to Brad. Gibbs was a couple of inches taller than Brad and knew he could intimidate him easily.
“ You’re the one she needs protecting from” Brad raised his voice. Steve and Justin were still watching from the sideline. They didn’t dare get involved in this fight.
“ Me?” Gibbs asked. His face was stern as his eyes pinned Brads. He could see Brad was scared on the inside.
“ Yes you. Old man who can’t protect himself, let alone his family”. That set Gibbs off. He stepped closer so they were mere centimetres apart.
“ You know nothing about me” he said in a threatening tone.
“ I know enough and I’m going to do everything I can to stop her marrying some old, perverted ex-marine” Brad said matching his tone. They were so involved in their fight they didn’t take any notice of the front door and Kate and Tracey walking in. Steve and Justin did and they got up and went over to them to try and distract them. It worked until Gibbs yelled.
“ I swear to god if you do anything to jeopardize this wedding I will break every bone in your goddamn body”. Kate rushed in and stood between Gibbs and Brad as best she could.
“ Hey, what is going on?” she yelled looking from one to the other. Brad kept his stare on Gibbs.
“ Nothing that concerns you” he told her.
“ Don’t you dare talk to her like that” Gibbs defended and went to take another step closer to him, he was ready to pound him, when Kate stepped in between them and looked up into his eyes.
“ Hey, I think you need some fresh air” she said resting her hands on his chest. He took his gaze off Brad and done to Kate’s pleading eyes. He took one last look at Brad then turned and went out the front door, slamming it behind him. Steve, Justin and Tracey were still watching from the doorway.
“ You’re seriously going to marry that guy?” Brad yelled, pointing in the direction Gibbs had went. Kate turned to her brother.
“ Yeah I am and I don’t think it’s any of your business” Kate yelled back at him then went after Gibbs. Steve, Justin and Tracey entered the living room and starred at Brad who just sat back down on the couch. They couldn’t believe what just happened.
Kate ran down the front steps and saw Gibbs starting to get into their hire car.
“ What the hell was that in?” she asked standing behind him. Gibbs turned around to face her.
“ Why don’t you ask him”.
“ I’m asking you Jethro. He had to have said something to set you off like that. What was it?” she asked. She couldn’t help yelling at him, she was just angry and confused and scared all at the same time.
“ Don’t worry. I’m going for a drive, I’ll call you later” he said then got in the car.
“ Ok” she said in a soft tone then watched him speed off down the drive-way. Kate’s anger grew inside her and she stormed back into the house and into the living room.
“What the hell where you thinking. He already thinks everyone hates him. If you screw this up for me I will never forgive you” she yelled at Brad then stormed off to her room. Brad looked over at the others, then got up and went outside. He knew he upset her but it was for the best, wasn’t it?
Kate’s eldest niece Sophie had heard everything from her room. She saw Kate go into her room alone and felt that she had to make her Aunty feel better. She quietly knocked on the door. Kate was sitting on her bed when she heard the soft knock.
“ Yeah?” she answered not really in the mood for anyone.
“ Hey Aunt Kate, are you ok?” Sophie asked stepping into her room. Kate let out a sigh as she saw her niece coming into her room.
“ Yeah Soph, I’m fine. What can I do for you?” she asked trying to force a smile.
“ Well I just wanted to tell you that I like him” she said as she sat down next to Kate.
“ Who honey?” Kate asked confused. She had no idea that Sophie had heard everything that had happened.
“ Jethro. I want you to marry him” Sophie said with a smile.
“ Thank you sweetie. I want to, too. But I think Uncle Brad may have screwed that up” Kate said looking down at the bed.
“ But Jethro love you and he wants to marry you. I heard him say it” Sophie said trying to convince Kate that it wasn’t over.
“ Well let’s wait and see. So what have you been up to?” Kate asked changing the subject. Sophie cuddled up closer to Kate. They were very close but with everything going on they hadn’t had time to catch up yet.
“ Nothing really. Just school and sport” she said shrugging her shoulders.
“ Oh yeah, what sport?”.
“ Dad has signed me up for Softball”. Kate smiled.
“ Oh my god I love softball. Did your dad tell you I use to play?” She said in a much happier tone then before. Sophie shook her head.
“ Nope. He just said it was safer then baseball”. They both laughed. Steve, Justin and Brad all loved baseball. They all said any son of theirs would play baseball.
“ Well I don’t know about that, but it is easier”.
“ Can I ask you something?”.
“ Sure, what’s up?” Kate asked looking over at Sophie.
“ Do you think I could be a Special Agent like you and Jethro?” she asked seriously.
“ Of course sweetie, but wouldn’t you want to be something else?”. Kate knew her family didn’t approve of her line of work and if Sophie wanted to get into it as well, she would get the blame.
“ No. I love reading your emails and I want to be just like you. Could you teach me?” she was getting excited now. Kate gave a little laugh.
“ I will show you what I know”.
“ Thank you” Sophie said then hugged Kate. They were interrupted by the ring of Kate’s phone. She grabbed it from her pocket and looked at the caller I.D.
“ Oh Soph it Jethro, do you mind?” she asked. Sophie shook her head and got off the bed.
“ Not at all, good luck” she said with a smile then left Kate alone.
“ Hey, are you ok?” Kate asked.
“ Yeah” was all she got in return.
“ Where are you?” she asked. She just wanted to know he was ok.
“ At some dinner. We need to talk” Gibbs told her in a serious tone.
“ Yeah I know. I’ll come to you” Kate said. He had hung up before anything else could be said. She ran down stairs and found Megan heading outside.
“ Hey Megan could you give me a lift to Dario’s?” Kate asked quickly.
“ Yeah sure. Is everything ok?” she asked concerned.
“ Not too sure.”. Kate followed Megan out to the car. Within 15 minutes they reached the dinner. Kate entered and saw Gibbs in a booth up the back.
“ Hey” Kate greeted him as she took in the seat opposite him.
“ Hi. Coffee?” he asked pointing to the pot. She smiled.
“ No thanks. Look I’m really sorry about what Brad said” she started, but he cut her off.
“ Did he tell you?” he asked in a gruff tone. He didn’t seem himself. He seemed very distant.
“ No, I just figured it was bad from your reaction” she explained, still confused at his mood.
“ Well I’ve been thinking about what he said and he is right” he said with a sigh. He couldn’t even look at her.
“ About what?” she was getting nervous now. She could see his mind ticking, whether or not to tell her. He took a deep breath before he spoke.
“ I am too old for you”.
“ Jethro we have talked about this” she started, but once again he cut her off.
“ If your family thinks it, what would everyone else think” he said raising his voice a little. He finally looked up at her and she finally got to read his face. Her heart fell and her voice got caught in her throat when she tried to speak.
“ Please tell me you’re not breaking up with me?” she asked. He didn’t say anything. He diverted his eyes back to his coffee cup in front of him. She heard her gasp.
“ Oh god”. She couldn’t hide her emotions anymore. She let the tears run down her face as she slowly slipped the ring off her finger and left it on the table. She walked as quickly as she could out of the dinner and ran home. It wasn’t that far, she had done it many times in the past. She knew who to blame for this.
She reached her house, burst through the door and yelled.
“ Where is he?”. Tracey and Julie turned to see a tear stained faced Kate.
“ Who?” Julie asked concerned.
“ Brad” she almost screamed his name. Julie and Tracey could see that Kate was pissed and it be best not to reason with her.
“ Lounge room. Everything ok?” she asked but didn’t get an answer as Kate stormed off into the lounge room and saw Brad sprawled on the couch reading a magazine. Tracey and Julie had followed her in.
“ Are you happy now? she yelled at Brad. He looked up and saw the anger escaping from her eyes. He could tell she had been crying. He put the magazine down and sat up. He didn’t get to speak before she continued.
“ Thanks to you the wedding is off. Why couldn’t you just be happy for me. You had to screw it up” she couldn’t control her emotions. She was crying and yelling. He stood up from the couch.
“ It was already screwed up” he yelled back at her. He didn’t want to take the blame for the end of her relationship.
“ You have no idea what we had. You stay out of my life” she yelled before punching him in the face to make herself clear. She wanted to bash the crap out of him but didn’t get a chance when she felt two hands grab her arms and pull her out of the lounge room. She couldn’t take it. It was all too much and she just kept crying.
“ Come on Kate” Tracey said soothingly as she lead Kate up the stairs and to her room. She Kate down on her bed and Kate hung her head. Tracey rubbed her back for reassurance, but somehow she didn’t think it was helping.
“ Can I get you anything? Glass of water?” Tracey asked. Kate just nodded.
“ Ok I’ll be right back”. Tracey left, closing the door behind her. Kate then laid on her side and continued to cry.

Gibbs sat at the booth. He was staring at the ring Kate had left behind. He picked it up and study it. Memories of that night flooded his brain. He twirled it in his fingers before he was brought out of his thoughts by the ringing of his phone. Without looking at the caller I.D he answered.
“ Yeah, Gibbs”. He heard Abby’s cheerful voice on the other hand. He didn’t want to deal with her right now.
“ Hey Gibbs, how is the visit going?” she asked. Gibbs sighed.
“ Not now Abby” .
“ What’s wrong? Gibbs what’s happened? Where’s Kate?” she asked without taking a breath.
“ I don’t know. Abby the wedding is off” he told her rubbing his eyes.
“ What? What did you do?” she asked accusingly.
“ Nothing, I broke it off” he knew she wouldn’t take this news well.
“ Why in hell would you do that?” she screamed into the phone.
“ Long story”.
“ Well you might want to start explaining before I come there and kick your ass. I thought you loved her?” she asked, her tone settling back down. He sighed again.
“ I do”.
“ Then what’s the problem?”. He was silent for a while before he answered her.
“ Her brother got me thinking and I thought it best for her” he said in almost a whisper. It was killing him to explain himself.
“ Gibbs the best thing for her is you. You both have been the happiest in years since getting together. You said you wouldn’t hurt her and look what you have done”. He tried to find the right words.
“ Abby he family hates me” was all he could come up with.
“ But she loves you and that’s all that matters. You need to be with her and she wants to be with you” Abby was trying her best to convince him that what he had just done was a mistake.
“ But Abby” he tried but was cut off by her.
“ No buts Gibbs. You go and find her and make this right”. He knew she was right. If this was the best thing to do then he would feel good about it, but he didn’t. He felt like there was a hole in his chest where his heart should be. Maybe Abby was right. He had been happy since being with her. Their relationship was perfect. They knew each other inside and out. If he didn’t want to talk, she would respect that and not push, unless she felt absolutely necessary. He had made up his mind.
“ Ok” he said in a small voice.
“ Good. Call me when you’re done” she told him then hung up the phone before he could reply. He shut his phone, pulled out some money and chucked it on the table, grabbed her ring and ran out of the dinner. He sped all the way to the Todd house. He jumped out of the car as soon as it was stopped and leaped up the front steps and burst through the door. He heard voices coming from the lounge room and rushed in. Rachel, Tia, Brad and Jack where sitting around talking and looking at photos.
“ Where is she?” he demanded. They all looked up shocked at the sudden voice in the room. Tia was the first one to speak. She wasn’t quiet caught up on what had happened earlier.
“ Kate” he said almost yelling. His adrenaline was kicking in and the anger was rising again when he saw Brad.
“ You stay away from her” Brad ordered, but Gibbs wasn’t in the mood for his crap.
“ You shut your mouth and stay out of this” he yelled. Brad was actually scared of Gibbs at this moment. He wasn’t this angry when they had their fight. Rachel spoke.
“ She’s in her room” she told him. She had seen Kate before. She wanted them to sort this out and not cause any more problems.
“ Thank you” Gibbs nodded and turned and headed for the stairs, taking them two at a time. When he reached the bedroom door he stopped. He tried to control his breathing before knocking on the door. When the door opened it wasn’t who he expected.
“ What are you doing here?” Julie asked closing the door behind her.
“ I need to talk to her” he said, almost pleading. Julie shook her head.
“ I don’t think that is the best idea” Julie said shaking her head.
“ Please, I need her to know I still love her” he said pinning her eyes with his. She searched his face for a reason to reject him.
“ Fine, but if you upset her any more I will have the boys up here to deal with you”. Gibbs nodded.
“ Understood”. Julie moved away from the door to let him in the room. Gibbs slowly opened the door and entered the room. He closed it behind him then made his way over to the bed where he saw Kate lying away from him on her side. He made his way around the bed and sat down next to her feet.
“ Katie” he said in a soft voice. Kate moved her legs up closer to her body, giving him more room to sit on the bed.
“ What are you doing here?” she asked with a sob.
“ I came to talk and you need to listen” he said. She felt the weight shift on the bed and looked up to see her sitting up and looking at him. Her face was wet from the non-stop crying. It broke his heart to see her like that. But he took a deep breath and started.
“ Before, I thought I was doing the best thing for you, but now I see that I hurt you like I promised I wouldn’t” he paused. He looked up at Kate again. She nodded her head. He moved a little closer to her.
“ Kate I love you more than anything and I want to marry you more than anything”. Kate finally spoke.
“ Do you still think you’re too old for me?”. Gibbs nodded his head.
“ I do, but if you’re ok with it then so am I” he said. He wasn’t expecting the reaction he got. She jumped forward and threw her arms around his neck.
“ I’m more then ok with it. I love you so much Jethro and I never want to lose you. I want to marry you as soon as I can” She told him still holding onto him. He pulled her off him too look at her.
“ How about next month?” he asked with a small smile. A confused look crossed her face.
“ What? Are you serious?”.
“ Dead serious. Why is that too soon for you?” his smile growing wider.
“ Not all. In fact it’s perfect” she said then kissed him long and hard.
“ Good, now you might want to call Abby” he sad when they finally broke apart.
“ Why?”.
“ To tell her the wedding is back on” he said kissing her again.
“ Sure” she whispered. Gibbs handed her his phone and she dialled Abby’s number. She answered on the first ring.
“ Gibbs did you do it?”. Kate laughed.
“ Abby it’s Kate”.
“ Kate? What are you doing on Gibbs’ phone?” she asked confused.
“ Well I had to tell you that the wedding is back on” she said with a smile and felt Gibbs take her hand and enlaced his fingers with hers.
“ Oh my god. See I know you guys would work it out. So have you finally set a date?”.
“ Next month” Kate said proudly.
“ Oh my gosh, you have much to organize. Dresses, venue, menu, seating arrangements, guest list” Abby started to ramble.
“ Abby it’s going to be a small garden wedding. Just close family and friends. We want to do it as soon as possible” Kate explained.
“ Yay. I’m so happy. I’ve got to tell the others. See you when you come home” Abby said excitedly.
“ Bye Abbs” Kate said with a little laugh. She closed the phone and handed it back to Gibbs.
“ Well?” he asked.
“ She was…Abby” she said with a smile.
“ Small garden wedding?” he asked with a raised eyebrow.
“ The most important thing about a wedding is to make sure you are surrounded by people who love and care about you” Kate said. Then paused and turned to look at Gibbs.
“ And make sure the groom turns up”. Gibbs starred into Kate’s eyes then smiled.
“ Oh you won’t have to worry about me. I’ll be there” he said softly then took her lips with his in another loving kiss.
Important News by katetodd4eva
Author's Notes:
Kate has some very important news, but doesn't know how to tell Gibbs.
Kate was down in Abby’s lab. She had some very important to tell Gibbs but she didn’t know how, so she was investing in her best friends advice.
“ Kate you’ve been married to the guy for 6 months and you can’t figure out how you are going to tell him you’re pregnant”. Kate just shrugged her shoulders.
“ Well it’s a big thing. We have only been married for 6 months and already we are going to be expecting our first child. That’s hardly enough time to enjoy our married life” she explained. Abby sighed. She could understand where Kate was coming from but she was being silly.
“Kate, just tell him. He will be over the moon. He loves kids, you should know that”.
“ I know, but what about Kelly?” she asked. The fact he had a daughter already was making her decision to tell him even harder.
“ Kate, don’t do this to yourself. Kelly will always be a part of him, but you the here and now. Tell him” she always knew the right things to say, especially when it came to be about Gibbs.
“ Ok, ok I’ll tell him” she gave in. She started to head out of the lab when Abby called back.
“ Today”. Kate nodded.
“ Yes today. Can I go now?”. Abby smiled.
“ You’re free to go”.
Kate exited the elevator and saw everyone at their desks. She took a deep breath before entering the squad room. She stopped in front of Gibbs’ desk.
“ We need to talk” she announced.
“ Now?” he asked not looking up from his paperwork.
“ Yes now”. Gibbs finally looked up at her.
“ Can it wait?”. Kate shook her head.
“ No not really”. He gave a sigh.
“ Fine”. Kate turned and headed for the elevator. Gibbs followed her. They waited in silence until the doors opened. Kate quickly stepped inside, Gibbs followed her in. As soon as the doors were closed Gibbs hit the emergency switch.
“ Ok, so what is so important that couldn’t wait until we got him” he demanded. She didn’t look at him.
“ I’m pregnant”. Gibbs was stunned at what he just heard.
“ You’re what?”. She finally looked at him. He wasn’t yelling at her so he wasn’t angry, though she didn’t really think he would be angry at her.
“ I’m pregnant Jethro. We’re going to have a baby” she said with a soft smile starting on her face.
When…when did you” he stuttered, still trying to come to terms with what he was hearing.
“ 3 days ago. I didn’t know how to tell you” she told him, a bit embarrassed. He let out a little laugh.
“ So you chose the work elevator”.
“ It’s that or in the middle of the squad room. So are you happy about this?” she finally asked him. She saw the smiled spread across his face as he stepped closer to her and wrapped her in his arms.
“ Of course I’m happy. My gorgeous wife is having my child. Why wouldn’t I be happy?” he said then kissed the top of her head.
“ I don’t know. I guess I thought after Kelly you wouldn’t want any more children. I’m sorry I” she started.
“ Don’t be”.
“ Jethro I”. He pulled away from her and looked down into his eyes.
“ I know. It’s ok” he said in a soothing tone.
“ You know what we have to do now?” she asked with a smile. Gibbs nodded.
“ Tell your family”.
“ Yep”. Gibbs turned around and hit the emergency switch, making the elevator jump back into life.
“ Well, good luck with that” he said with a laugh then stepped out of the elevator as soon as the doors opened. Kate stepped off after him.
“ Agent Gibbs, I am not doing this alone. You helped create it so you can help tell them” he called as she stormed into the squad room. She was met with very confused looks from Tony and McGee
“ Tell who what?” Tony asked. He looked between Gibbs and Kate.
“ Mind your own business Tony” Kate told him. But being Tony he couldn’t let anything go.
“ Well you just told me you and the boss created…oh my god, are you for real?” he asked getting excited. He stood up from his desk. McGee was still confused. He hadn’t connected the dots.
“ What’s going on?”. Tony’s grin widened.
“ The Gibbs’ are having a baby” he said happily. Gibbs looked over at Kate. He wanted to tell them just not like this.
“ Wow congratulations guys” McGee said as he stood from his desk so they could see the happy smile on his face. Kate sighed and a smile appeared on her face.
“ Thanks McGee, but as we haven’t even told my family yet, so just keep it to yourselves” Kate told them. They both nodded.
“ Sure thing”. Kate turned to Gibbs and pointed to his phone. Gibbs sighed and sank down into his seat as Kate came around to his desk and dialled her mother’s phone number.
“ Hello?”.
“ Mum, it’s me. Me and Jethro have some news”.

It was almost home time. Gibbs was down in the lab with Abby, probably discussing baby names. McGee had left early for his sister’s graduation ceremony. Kate was at her desk staking her finished files. Tony was still typing away at his computer, when a thought popped into his head. He stopped what he was doing and looked over at Kate.
“ Kate?” he asked. Kate looked over at him.
“ Yes Tony”.
“ How is he?”. Kate looked around confused.
“ Who?”. Tony smiled.
“ Gibbs”. Kate simply shrugged as she gathered all her belongings.
“ Why don’t you ask him yourself”.
“ Well you’re the one he got pregnant”. Kate thought about what he just said.
“ Tony I am not discussing our sex life with you”. Tony stood up and leaned on his desk.
“ Oh come on Kate”, he begged. Kate let out a little laugh.
“ I don’t know what’s more disturbing, the fact that you want to know or that I have the urge to tell you”.
“ Just tell me”. Kate made her way over to his desk.
“ Why do you want to know so bad?” she asked suspiciously. Tony stood up straight and crossed his arms over his chest.
“ Because you couldn’t if married him for his personality”.
“ I’m sorry to disappoint you but that is one of the main reasons I married him” she said with a big smile.
“ So are you saying that he isn’t any good I bed?”. Tony watched her reaction. Kate laughed.
“ God no. The best” she said. Tony’s eyes widened.
“ Really?”.
“ Really, but if you repeat that I will hunt you down and kill you” she whispered.
“ Understood” he said with a nod then sat back down as he saw Gibbs enter. He came up behind Kate and placed a hand of the small of her back.
“ Ready?”.
“ Yep. Goodnight Tony” Kate said as they left.
“ Night”. Tony watched them leave. He wondered how an older man like Gibbs could honestly be the best Kate has had. He shrugged it off and went back to his reports.
Father by katetodd4eva
Author's Notes:
Gibbs and the team are led to Silverwater.What Kate finds out she never expected.
Kate, Gibbs and McGee walk towards Janet Lacombe’s house. Gibbs turns to Kate.
“ Check with DiNozzo see how Lacombe’s doing”. Kate nods her head and grabs her phone. No signal. She walks to the other side of the driveway. No signal.
“ Damn thing” she says under her breath.
“ I’m afraid you’re not going to have much luck. Occasionally when the wind is right you can get a signal”. Kate turns to see an older man standing behind her. He has a sweet smile, white hair, blue eyes and a walking cane in one hand. Kate smiles
“ Thank you. Is there a public phone around here I could use?” she asks looking down the street.
“ There’s one at my store. My names Jackson” he replies.
“ Kate” .
“ Well Kate it looks like you dropped something”. Kate looks down and slowly bends down to pick it up. She has been told no strenuous activities. She stops when Jackson puts his cane on top of the 20 dollar bill.
“ Uh, uh oh. Kind of tells a story done it. 20 dollar bill in your wallet is just a piece of paper, you put it on the ground and suddenly it’s full of wonder.”
“ Context can change a thing”. She picks up the bill.
“ That it can. If the I in NCIS is to be believed your observant enough to realise this all of this is a pretext for engaging a young woman in a conversation”. Kate smiled at him. She goes to say something but Gibbs and McGee walk up to her. She notices the look in Gibbs’ eyes. He is starring at the old man.
“ Word travels fast”.
“ That it does. When people actually open their mouths and speak with one another. You don’t call, you don’t write. Were you gunna come by and say hi?”. Kate looks from Gibbs to Jackson confused. Did the know each other?
“ Hi, Jack” Gibbs finally says.
“ Hi Leroy” Jackson replies.
‘Leroy? No body calls him Leroy’ Kate thought. She shifted her weight from one foot to the other. There was something going on here and she couldn’t put her finger on it. Was this Shannon’s father, his father in-law.
“ Kate, McGee. Jackson Gibbs. My father”. Kate froze. She stood there just staring at Gibbs, then at Jackson. Gibbs was trying his best to avoid Kate’s eyes. He knew she would be disappointed in him for not telling her the truth.
“ Kate, McGee take the car back and get in contact with Abby and DiNozzo” Gibbs ordered still not looking at Kate. Kate finally got over the shock and started to move towards Gibbs. She stopped in front of him, snatched the keys from him.
“ We need to talk” she said in a hushed voice, then stormed back to the car. McGee gave a smile to Jackson before going after Kate. Gibbs started to walk back to his shop with his dad.
“ Kate seems like a nice woman. You obviously piss her off” Jackson said with a little laugh.
“ That would be because she didn’t knew you existed” Gibbs explained. Jackson stopped and turned to face her son, a confused expression on his face.
“ Why would that bother her?”. Gibbs took a breath.
“ Special Agent Caitlin Gibbs. 6 months ago” Gibbs told him. Gibbs didn’t like having this type of conversation with his father, hell he hated having any kind of conversation with his father.
“ I see. I guess my congratulations is a bit late” Jackson said as he started walking again. Gibbs shook his head. It was going to be a very long couple of days.

That night Kate entered the bedroom and couldn’t contain herself anymore.
“ Thought you said you parents were both dead?” she asked, raising her voice a little.
“ Well to me he was” he said ripping his t-shirt off.
“ Your mum isn’t going to show up as well?”. Kate knew as soon as it came out of her mouth that she regretted saying it but it was how she felt.
“ Kate” he warned.
“ Sorry, but I didn’t expect to run into your father alive and well. Have you even told him your re-married?” she asked. He looked up at her.
“ I already did”.
“ What about the fact that we have a baby on the way?” she asked. She felt horrible for Jackson missing their wedding and she would feel even more terrible if he wasn’t even told about his second grandchild.
“ I don’t know” Gibbs shook his head. He didn’t even want to be here.
“ He deserves to know Jethro. You didn’t invite him to our wedding and it would just be cruel for him to not know about his second grandchild” she explained to him. She could have sworn she saw him wince a little bit at the sound of ‘second grandchild’. He didn’t say anything. Kate made her way across the small room to him and pulled him down to the bed next to her.
“ Look, I’m sorry this case sent us here, I’m sorry I got to meet your father, but I am not sorry that we are having this child. I understand that being back here is bringing up a lot of memories, but could you think of your father, just this once? I don’t know what happened between you two and if you don’t want me to know that is ok with me. But now that I know I have a father-in-law he is going to be in our lives, even if you don’t like it”. Gibbs just nodded. There was no way he was going to win this argument, not matter what he said.
“ Kate, you care just a little too much” he finally said, a small smile on his face. Kate ran a hand up to his hair and then to his face.
“ Please tell him or do you want me to do it?” she asked. She saw the hurt in his eyes and took that as his answer.
“ Ok” she said then gave him a gentle kiss.
“ Once we are done with this case” he told her. She smiled.
“ As always” then she kissed him again as his hand rested on her stomach.

It was time to leave and everyone was saying their goodbyes. Abby had claimed the front and there now only being one car. She had already said her goodbyes and was waiting for the rest of the team.
Kate and McGee were putting the stuff in the boot when Tony, Jackson and Gibbs came out of the shop.
“ It was so nice to meet you” Kate said giving Jackson a friendly good bye hug.
“ Pleasure was all mine. Now you keep a careful on him” Jackson said pointing a finger at Gibbs.
“ I always do” Kate said with a smile. Then it was Tony’s turn. Of course wasting every ones time with silly questions.
“ Sorry son, I didn’t teach him much of anything” Jackson said answering Tony’s question.
“ He taught me to drive” Gibbs said grabbing the keys from Tony’s hand. Tony started babbling out back seat middle hump when Jackson handed Gibbs his keys.
“ Give us a call sometime” Jackson said as Tony went off to the car. Kate was still standing by, making sure they got a proper father-son goodbye.
“ It’s the least I could do” Gibbs replied. A smile grew across Kate’s face as she heard her husband’s words. She felt so proud of him.
“ Goodbye son”. Gibbs was the first to move. He wrapped his arms around his father.
“ Bye dad”. Kate so overwhelmed. She couldn’t help but let a tear fall down her face.
‘ Stupid hormones’ she thought as she wiped it away before anyone could notice. Gibbs let go of his father then turned to Kate and gave her a quick kiss on the cheek.
“ See you at home” he whispered then went and headed for the car. Kate turned back to Jackson.
“ Jackson, just before I go. There is something I’ve been meaning to tell you” Kate said.
“ Come on Kate” Tony yelled at Kate. Kate turned around.
“ Hold on” she yelled back, then turned to face Jackson.
“ What is it?” he asked. Kate smiled.
“ Well, Jethro wanted me to tell you that we’re having a baby” Kate told him. She watched as his face lit up.
“ That’s wonderful” he said and hugged her again.
“ I wanted you to know”.
“ Leroy?” he asked.
“ Was hesitant. I’ll make sure we keep in touch” Kate told him and made her way to the car. Tony was waiting out of the car. Kate went to the door behind the driver’s seat.
“ You just made an old man very happy” Tony said as he looked over at Jackson. Kate looked back and gave a small smile then waved.
“ It wasn’t just me” she said thinking back of the hug he and Gibbs just shared not too long ago.
End Notes:
This is just a quick take on what i thought might have happened, continuing on from my previous chapters.
If Kate had still been alive,wouldnt exactly happened like this.
hope you enjoy.
Connor Jack Gibbs by katetodd4eva
Kate was in a wonderful mood. She was 5 months pregnant and loving every minute of it. She had just been down to see Abby to discuss the baby shower. She entered the empty quad room. Tony out on his lunch break and Gibbs still up with the Director. She heard her phone ringing and rushed to answer it.
“ Kate Gibbs” she said in a cheerful voice.
“ Katie” she heard a rushed voice.
“ Mum, is that you? What’s wrong?” she asked in a panicked tone. She had never heard her mum like this, something was definitely wrong.
“ It’s your father. He…he passed away last night” Julie choked out. Kate’s heart stopped
“ What?” She asked not believe what her mother was saying.
“ He’s gone sweetie” her mother cried. Kate couldn’t speak.
Gibbs was finally finished with the director and started his way down the stairs. He saw Kate on the phone. He stopped to take in her. She was gorgeous and now that she was pregnant she was even more gorgeous. But something was wrong. Kate’s face was happy. He watched her body and he could see it swaying. Without thinking he sprinted down the stairs and into the squad room just as she fell to the ground. He reached her as she hit the ground. He brought her into his lap.
“ Kate. Kate? Look at me. Katie?” he pleaded to her. She started to come to but didn’t say anything. She turned her face into him and started crying. Gibbs turned to see the handing down near the desk and could hear a muffled voice.
“ Hello?” he took the receiver.
“ Jethro, is that you?” Julie asked.
“ Julie? What is going on?” he asked concern clearly in his voice.
“ Jack passed away last night” she repeated through tears. Gibbs let out a sigh and held Kate closer to him. He felt her grip his shirt.
“ What? How?”.
“ We’re still not sure. He was so healthy, I don’t know what went wrong” Julie’s voice broke.
“ Julie everything is going to be ok even if it doesn’t feel like it. Me and Kate will be there as soon as we can” he assured her.
“ Thank you Jethro, but Kate shouldn’t be flying in her state”. Gibbs looked down at his wife and her bulging stomach. He had to agree.
“ I’ll drive. Just stay strong. I’ll make sure we are there with you soon”.
“ Ok. Take care of her for me”. Gibbs nodded his head in his own silent agreement.
“ Always, bye Julie” he said.
“ By Jethro” he heard the click of her hanging up and let the phone go. He couldn’t reach up and put it back in its place. He looked down as he felt Kate stirring in his lap.
“ Jethro he’s gone, he’s really gone” she sobbed. He held her tighter and ran a hand over her hair.
“ Shhh its ok Katie” he said in a hushed voice as he kissed the top of her head. It was at that time that Tony decided to come back from his lunch break.
“ Well that was one of the best lunch breaks ever. Kate you would never believe…” he started as he headed into the squad room but stopped as he saw Kate lying on the ground with Gibbs cradling her.
“ What happened? Is she alright?” he asked as he threw his things at his desk and going to Kate’s side.
“ Physically yes, emotionally no” Gibbs said looking down at her. He made an attempt to get up but he couldn’t.
“ Help us up DiNozzo” Gibbs ordered. Tony bent down and put an arm under her back and knees and lifted her from Gibbs. She instantly wrapped her arms around Tony’s neck and hid her face in his shoulder. He could hear her silent sobs. Gibbs jumped up off the floor.
“ It’s ok Kate” Tony said in a hushed tone as he handed her back over to Gibbs who placed her in her chair.
“ Tony go brag her a glass of water” he ordered as he ran a gentle hand over Kate’s wet cheek. She sat there slumped over, eyes closed.
“ Sure. Anything else?” he asked. Gibbs shook his head.
“ No” Tony ran off to fetch Kate some water.
“ Katie look at me” he said in a hushed voice as he moved her hair behind her ear to get a better look at him.
“ He’s gone Jethro” he repeated, her eyes still closed.
“ I know honey, but you need to focus right now ok.” Kate nodded then finally opened her eyes to look at him. His face was one of concern and sadness.
“ Now did you hurt yourself when you fell?”. She shook her head.
“ Are you sure”. She nodded. Gibbs let out a sigh of relief then kissed the top of her head.
“ I’m going to take you to the hospital anyway” he said softly. Tony came running back into the squad room and up to Kate’s desk.
“ Boss I got the water”. Gibbs looked up at Tony and saw the concerns on the younger man’s face. He turned back to Kate and gave her a quick kiss on the cheek then stood up to stand next to Tony.
“ Stay with her, I’ll be back soon” he said almost a whisper. Tony nodded and watched his boss bound up the stairs and into the Directors office. Tony went and knelt down in front of Kate.
“ Hey Kate, I got you some water” he said and handed her the glass. She took it with shaky hands and took a small sip. Tony grabbed it from her and placed it on the desk.
“ Thank you” she said in a small voice.
“ Did you want to talk about it?” he asked softly. He didn’t know exactly what had happened but sometimes talking about it made you feel better. Kate shook her head.
“ Not really” she said. Tony reached out and tucked another strand of hair behind her ear as it fell in front of her face. He could see her tear stained face clearly now.
“ Ok. Well I’m here whenever you’re ready” he said softly. She nodded and tried to force a small smile on her face.
“ Thanks Tony” she said finally looking up at him.
“ I would do anything for you, you’re like my sister” he confessed. He hated seeing Kate like this, all broken and run down and there was nothing he could do.
“ And you’re like another annoying brother” she told him with a sniffle.
“ I’m not that bad am i?” he asked, mocked hurt. She shook her head with a smile.
“ Not anymore”. Her smile disappeared and she took a deep breath.
“ Tony my dad passed away last night” she told him.
“ Oh Kate I’m so sorry. Come here” he said and pulled her into a hug. She buried her head in the crook of his neck and he ran his hands over her back to comfort her.
“ Come on we’re going to the hospital” they heard Gibbs say next to them. They let go and Kate nodded. She got up off the chair and went to Gibbs’ out stretched arm. She turned back to Tony.
“ Thanks Tony” she said with a small smile.
“ Anytime” he said. They grabbed Kate’s things then headed for the elevator. Then McGee enters the squad room and see’s Kate and Gibbs by the elevator and Tony standing near Kate’s desk.
“ Where are they going?” he asked confused.
“ The hospital” Tony said as he made his way back to his desk.
“ Why? Is everything ok?” McGee asked concerned that there may be something wrong with the Kate or the baby.
“ Just a check-up” Tony said.
“ Oh ok” he replied then went to his own desk.

Gibbs opened the front door for Kate and she stepped inside. Still shaken from today’s news. Gibbs closed the door behind him, walked past Kate and made his way to their room.
“ Come on we have to pack” he called. Kate made her way to the bedroom.
“ Why? Where are we going” she asked as she stood in the doorway watching Gibbs grab some clothes and put them on the bed.
“ I told your mum we would be there as soon as possible” he said grabbing two bags from under the bed.
“ We can’t go now. We have no plane tickets and what about work” she said stepping further into the room.
“ I’m driving and the director had let us have some time off. Don’t worry about anything, so can you please come pack” he urged her as he shoved his clothes in a bag. She nodded and slowly made her way to her clothes.
“ But I have to tell Abby I’m ok” she said as she slowly pulled a black dress from her closet.
“ You can call her once we leave. Please Kate I don’t want to leave really late” he pleaded with her. He knew she was in a difficult place right now but she had to start moving otherwise it will be dark by the time they left. Kate made her way to her bag.
“ Thank you Jethro, this means a lot to me” she said softly, giving him her best smile. He stopped what he was doing and walked over to her and grabbed her softly by the shoulders and starred into her deep brown eyes.
“ I would do anything for you. Don’t you forget that” he said, cupped her face then placed a gentle kiss on her lips. They finally got the packing done. Grabbed two bottles of water and some fruit from the kitchen before they finally left.
It felt like forever before they reached the Todd residence. Kate climbed out of the car and stood starring at the house. Gibbs got out and grabbed the bags with him. The front door opened and her mum rushed down the stairs and threw her arms around Kate.
“ Oh mum I am so sorry” Kate said trying her hardest not to let the tears fall again.
“ Darling this isn’t you fault, it was his time” Julie said pulling back and looking into her daughters sad, tear filled eyes. Kate just gave her a weak smile and a small nod. Julie led Kate inside, Gibbs following them. He closed the door behind him.
“ I’ll be up stairs” he said with a soft kiss to Kate’s cheek.
“ Thank you Jet” she said giving him her best smile.
“ Come on we’ll go have a talk” Julie lead her into the dimly lit lounge room. The sat down next to each other on the lounge. Kate faced her mum.
“ Do you know what happened?” she asked in a small tone.
“I’ve been told he had a blood clot causing his heart to stop. I…I didn’t notice until I came back into get him for breakfast”. Kate could see tears welling up in her mother’s eyes. Kate grabbed her hand.
“ Mum you couldn’t have known, you were asleep. When are the others coming?” she asked changing the subject.
“ Uh in the next day or two. The sooner the better”.
“ We’ll get through this, I promise”.
“ How can you be so sure?” Julie asked in a small voice, not believing Kate’s words. A small smile appeared on Kate’s face.
“ Faith. I look at Jethro and I know it’s possible”. Julie looked at her with a questioning look.
“ Jethro?”. Kate nodded.
“ Please don’t tell the others. Well when Jethro was in the marines he had a wife, Shannon, and a daughter, Kelly. When he was deployed, Shannon witnessed a murder. Before she could testify against him they were both killed” she said the last words in a soft voice. Julie gasped.
“ Oh my goodness. How did he deal with it?”.
“ He joined NCIS to protect the families of marines who are deployed. He still has nightmares about it. You’re a strong woman and you have all of us for support” Kate told her squeezing her hand.
“ I know, but I’m going to be so alone in this big house” she said looking around the house, already feeling to empty.
“ Why don’t you move out into something smaller, more manageable?”.
“ I can’t do that. I have been here too long and there are just so many memories here”. Kate couldn’t agree with her more.
“ I know. It’s late, we should get some sleep” Kate said motioning to the clock on the wall.
“ Ok. Thank you for coming so quickly” Julie said getting up off the lounge. Kate stood up slowly. Her back was starting to ache.
“ It was all Jethro. Good night mum. I love you” she said giving her mum one last hug.
“ Love you too Caitlin dear” Julie said softly. Kate made her way up the stairs and to her bedroom where she saw Gibbs asleep. She smiled to herself, got dressed and slipped in next to him. She closed her eyes and felt Gibbs move closer to her and place his hand on her stomach. She put a hand on top of his before slipping off to sleep.
Four days had past and it was time for her father’s funeral. She stood by the window looking out. She wore a plain black dress that stopped at her knees, had an open back and was loose over her stomach to accommodate her ever growing baby bump. She wore simple black heels, not to high and her hair was down. Gibbs walked in and saw her standing there.
“ Are you ready?” he asked quietly. Kate shook her head before finally facing him.
“ Not really. I guess I have to be”. Gibbs walked over to her and stood in front of her.
“ Kate you don’t have to be anything. It’s hard but don’t try and be strong or hold everything in. That is what I am here for” he said looking down at her. She couldn’t hold it together anymore. She wrapped her arms around him and cried into his chest.
“ I can’t do this. I can’t say goodbye, not like this” she cried. He ran a hand over her hand and down her back.
“ It’s going to be ok” he said then kissed her head.
“ He didn’t even get to meet our child” she cried.
“ And for that I’m sorry”. She pulled back and looked up at him.
“ He was over the moon when I told him” she said trying a soft smile.
“ I know” he said wiping away her tears.
“ Kate, Jethro it’s time to go” they heard Steve call from downstairs. Kate took a deep breath. Gibbs gave her a quick kiss then grabbed his jacket and walked her down the stairs to the car.
The ceremony was beautiful. There wasn’t a dry eye among the guests, except for Gibbs who held on tight to Kate. It came time for everyone to say goodbye. They all had single rose and were to put it on top of the coffin. The guests lined up next to the coffin to say their goodbyes. The family was firs except for Kate who had stepped back and watched.
“ Come on honey” Gibbs urged her to go and say goodbye before it was too late.
“ I don’t want to say goodbye. I shouldn’t be saying goodbye” she said looking down at the rose in her hands.
“ I know it’s hard but you will regret it if you don’t” he said softly before kissing the side her of her head. She closed her eyes at the warmth of his lips.
“ Katie we will do it together” came Justin’s voice. She opened her eyes and saw him standing in front of her. She slowly nodded.
“ Thanks Justin”. Gibbs let Justin take Kate away and they made their way to the coffin that would soon be lowered into the ground.
“ How are you holding up?” Justin asked her.
“Ok. Maybe a bit less than ok. Is it wasn’t for Jethro I would be a mess. How are the kids?” Kate asked softy.
“ They are ok. We had to explain that he was in a big sleep that he won’t wake up from”.
“ I wish he was just asleep. I think what hurts the most is that he will never meet my child” she said rubbing a hand over her belly.
“ Katie you know he is never really gone. He will be watching over all of us, especially his princess and her new family” he said with a smile. They stopped at the coffin.
“ Thank you, you always know what to say”. Justin smiled at her then turned to the coffin. He said a silent pray then put his rose down. He held Kate’s hand as she prepared to do the same.
*-*-*
Gibbs stood there watching Kate and Justin walk towards the remaining guests saying goodbye. He felt someone come to stand next to him but he didn’t turn to see who it was.
“ How is Kate dealing with it?” Rachel asked, looking at her brother and sister. Gibbs let out a sigh before answering.
“ She is trying to be strong but I know she is hurting”.
“ Her and dad were so close. Even over all the boys, we knew she was his favourite” Rachel said with a small smile at the memories.
“ I could see that every time we came to visit. Did she tell you she collapsed when Julie told her?” he asked finally turning to look at Rachel. She shook her head, a stunned expression on her face.
“ No she didn’t mention it. What happened?”.
“ She got the call at work. I saw her fall to the ground. She was hysterical. I had to speak to Julie to know what was going on. I took her to the hospital to get checked out”.
“ What did they say?”.
“ The collapse was caused by the shock of the news. The baby was unharmed when she fell”. He saw a look of relief on Rachel’s face.
“ That’s lucky. I think she is mostly devastated at the fact that dad will never get to meet your little one”. Gibbs nodded. That was what Kate had told him.
“ She did mention that”. They were silent for a moment before she spoke again.
“ How are you?” she asked.
“ Ok. Don’t like funerals but Kate needs me. I should go pay my respects” he said as he started to walk away.
“ You know Jethro, he really did like you” Rachel said with a soft smile.
“ Thank you” he said then made his way over to Kate and Justin.
“ Hey, you ok?” he asked as he gave he a quick kiss. She gave a small nod.
“ I will be. Are you ready?” she asked him.
“ Just give me a sec” he said and stepped past her to get to the coffin. He placed his rose down.
“ Don’t worry I will take good care of them” he whispered. Then turned back to Kate and gave her a big hug and placed a kiss on her cheek. They walked back over to the cars and left for home.
The Todd residence was quiet that night. No one wanted to talk about the service and the kids were exhausted from crying, because everyone else was crying. They all decided to head off to bed early so the miserable day would end. Gibbs walked into the bedroom after brushing his teeth to find Kate lying on her side, her body shaking. He then heard her sobs. He walked over to the bed and climbed in next to her. She felt the weight of him on the bed and instantly rolled over and wrapped her arms his waist and her head on his chest. He laid further down in the bed and pulled her closer to him. He kissed her hair and let her cry herself to sleep, nothing he could say would make the tears stop.
Kate was sitting on the edge of the bed just staring at the ground. Gibbs walked in and packed the last of theirs things.
“ We better get going, you have an appointment tomorrow” he said with a gentle hand on her shoulder, waking her from her trance.
“ Oh I almost forgot. We’ll go say goodbye then we can go” she told him as she got up. Gibbs grabbed both bags and they headed down stairs and rounded up the family to say their goodbyes. It took 20 minutes but they were finally on the road. Kate slept for most of the trip.
Back home they sat cuddled up on the couch watching some T.V show that neither of them were really paying any attention to. Gibbs was running a hand up and down her arm.
“ Do you want anything?” he asked in a soft voice.
“ No, I think I’ll have a bath and go to bed” she said as she got up.
“ You sure?” he asked.
“ Yeah, but thank you. For everything”.
“ Anytime”. She gave him a quick kiss and made her way to the bathroom. He heard to water running and let out a sigh. He could tell it would take her some time to fully get over this, but deep down he wished it would be soon as he hated seeing her like this. So quiet, so distant and so not his Katie.
Gibbs looked at the time. It had been 30 minutes since Kate went for her bath and he hadn’t heard her exit the bathroom. He got up off the lounge and started down the hall way.
“ Kate?” he called out but didn’t get a response. He came to the bathroom door and the light was still on. He opened the door slightly.
“ Kate are you ok, you’ve been in there for ages” he called. He still didn’t get a reply. His heart started to race as the thought of her drowning in their own bath tub ran through his mind. He opened the door and ran to the bath tub. He stopped when he saw her sitting up staring at the wall, tears running down her face. She finally looked up at him, the hurt so evident in her eyes. He went over to her and knelt down and pulled her into a hug as best he could.
“ Oh Kate, It’ll be alright” he said in a hushed tone. She held on to him so tight, buried her head in his shoulder. He could feel that the water had gone cold.
“ I can’t do it Jethro. It hurts so much” she cried.
“ I know sweetie, I know” he said rubbing his hand up and down her back.
“ Come on, let’s get you out and into bed”. She nodded and slowly stood up with Gibbs’ help. She stepped out and he wrapped her in a towel and lead her into the bedroom. He helped her get dressed as she was a bit unsteady on her feet from her big belly. She sat down on the edge of the bed while Gibbs went and turned everything off and made sure all doors and windows were locked. When he came back in she spoke.
“ I’m sorry Jet” she said looking up at him. New tears in her eyes.
“ You have nothing to be sorry for” he said in a gentle tone as he came to sit next to her. He put an arm around her shoulders and pulled her in close.
“ I’m acting like a baby and these damn hormones aren’t helping” she said wiping her eyes.
“ You’re acting like a grieving daughter. I cried for a week” he finished in almost a whisper. She pulled back to look at him.
“ You? In the five years I have known you, you haven’t shed one tear, not even when Ari” she said but Gibbs cut her off before she could finish her sentence.
“ Not that you saw. You need to get some rest before tomorrow” he said brushing hair out of her face then kissed her. Kate got under the covers while Gibbs got dressed and climbed in next to her. He pulled her closer to her and sighed as he could finally relax.
“ Jethro” she said in a small voice.
“ Hmm” came his sleepy reply.
“ I love you” she said.
“ I love you too, now get some sleep” he said and kissed her head. He felt her body finally relax and knew she would be asleep soon.

Kate was lying on the flat chair, her top up over her belly and cold gel covered her bare skin as the sonographer moved the probe around her belly and stopped when she had a clear picture on the screen. Kate and Gibbs looked at the screen in aww. Gibbs tightened his grip on her hand.
“ You have a very healthy baby. Now would you like to know the sex?” the sonographer asked.
“ Yes” Kate answered.
“ No” Gibbs answered at the same time as Kate. They looked at each other. The sonographer looked at them confused. When most couples come in they have talked about if they want to know the sex or not.
“ Jethro I want to know” she pleaded with him. There was no way he could deny those big brown eyes.
“ Ok” he nodded to the sonographer. She smiled and turned back to the monitor.
“ Well you guys are going to be welcoming a little baby boy in four months” she said with a smile. Kate’s heart started to race and the hormones kicked in again.
“ Oh my god” she gasped and covered her face with her hands as the tears started again.
“ It’s ok” Gibbs tried to sooth her as he rubbed her arm.
“ I’ll give you two a minute” the sonographer said as she left the room. Gibbs turned more to Kate as she wiped her eye and tried to control her breath.
“ Are you ok?” he asked concerned. She nodded her head and tried to give him a smile.
“ Yeah, it…dad said it was a boy” she said as more tears ran down her face at the memory. Gibbs gave her a smile as he grabbed her hand again and kissed it.
“ He was a very smart man. Are you sure you’re ok?” he asked again. She nodded.
“ Yeah, I was just shocked”.
“ Ok” he said and leant down and kissed her.
“ Are you happy?” she asked.
“ Of course I’m happy” he said with a smile. The door opened and the sonographer walked back in and sat at the monitor and smiled at Kate.
“ ok, so would you like me to print you a copy of your happy, healthy boy?”.
“ Yes please” Kate said with a nod. It didn’t take long to do and she handed over to Kate.
“ Thank you”.
“ Not a problem. So have you thought of any names yet?” the sonographer asked being friendly. Kate smiled.
“ No not really. Before we weren’t even sure if we wanted to know the sex. The name was going to happen on the day” she said with a little laugh.
“ Now you have something to think about”.
“ We sure do” Gibbs said looking down at Kate.
“ Here you go. We will see you again soon” she said as she handed Kate a towel to wipe the gel of her belly, Gibbs got the parts she missed.
“ Thank you once again” Kate said as Gibbs helped her off the chair.

Back at home they have a lazy afternoon which turns into night and they have a quick diner and relax on the lounge in front of the TV watching some late night movie. Kate was lying on the lounge her head resting on Gibbs’ lap and he ran his hand through her hair.
“ I’ve been thinking” Kate suddenly says, her eyes still focused on the TV screen.
“ Yeah, about what?” he asked looking down at her.
“ Names” she answered looking up at him.
“ And?” he asked with a smile.
“ Jack”. Gibbs smiled as he thought about it for a second.
“ I would agree if I didn’t feel that my father would think it’s after him” he pointed out. Kate just shrugged.
“ Well it can be”. Gibbs shook his head.
“ Not the first name, perhaps middle?” he asked cautiously. Kate nodded.
“ Ok. So what about the first name?” she asked looking up at him.
“ What about your fathers middle name?” he suggested.
“ He didn’t have one”.
“ If you were a boy what was he going to call you?”.
“ Connor” she answered with a smile at the memory of her father telling her the story of her name.
“ There we go” he said leaning down and kissing her head.
“ Connor Jack Gibbs. Do you like it?” she asked looking at up at Gibbs. He repeated the name threw his head and a grin spread across his face.
“ I love it”.
“ Me too. Connor Jack Gibbs” she repeated. Gibbs leaned down and kissed her on the lips.
Christmas Arrival by katetodd4eva
Author's Notes:
An unexpected arrival during the christmas party
Kate stepped off the elevator in a big red coat. She entered the squad room with a big smile.
“ Merry Christmas everyone” she said in a happy tone. Ziva, Tony and McGee all looked up at her with smiles, except for Jethro. He got up and made his way over to her.
“ What are you doing here? You should be at home resting” he told her. Tony decided to come into the conversation.
“ Yeah Kate, you look like you could pop and second” he said with a smile as he looked at her huge belly. He was met by glares from Kate and Gibbs.
“ I came because I was invited to the Christmas party going on upstairs” she told him with a smile. She gave him a quick kiss before she started to make her way up to the conference room. She stopped half way up the stairs and called out.
“ Besides I have two weeks to go and if he is anything like me he will be late” the she turned and disappeared from their sight.
“ You know Gibbs she has a point. Me and my siblings were all late” Ziva told him, trying to make her boss feel better. She got a small smile in return.
Kate entered the room filled with people. She recognised most faces, but the one she was looking for wasn’t there.
“ Hey Kate, I thought you were on leave?” a very happy Jimmy Palmer greeted her.
“ I am, but I just couldn’t stay away from the Christmas party” she said with a smile. Jimmy nodded in agreement.
“ Yeah, this stuff is amazing. Did you want one?” he asked holding a champagne glass up. Kate shook her head and went to speak but Jimmy spoke up first.
“ Oh right the baby. I’m so sorry I wasn’t thinking” Jimmy spluttered.
“ It’s ok Jimmy” she told him with a smile.
“ Caitlin” she heard someone call. She looked up to see director Vance.
“ Excuse me” she politely said to Jimmy before heading over to Leon.
“ Nice to see you here” he said with a smile.
“ If Jethro had his way I wouldn’t be here” she said with a laugh.
“ Yes he tells me you’re due in two weeks”. Kate nodded as she naturally rubbed her belly.
“ Yes. Sometimes it feels like it could be any day now”.
“ My wife knows that feeling. We had false alarms before it happened. Now I told Jethro he could take time off if need be. I think work will be the last thing on his mind when the little one is born” Leon told her. Kate was surprised he hadn’t told her about that. She felt a sharp pain in her back, she thought nothing of t as it went away as quickly as it had come.
“ Thank you. I’m going to need all the help I can get” she told him with a smile. Then another sharp pain shot through her, this one making her hand fly to the side of her stomach
“ Kate are you ok?” Leon asked. Kate took a deep breath before speaking.
“ Yeah, I think he is just turning”. Her heart started to race. When he moved around it never hurt this much. Another sharp pain shot through causing her to reach out for Leon’s arm. Her breathing quickened and her legs started to go weak.
“ Kate I don’t think he is turning” Leon said putting down his drink and wrapping an arm around her back and started guiding her to the door. Kate shook her head.
“ He’s coming” she breathed. The other quests noticed the commotion.
“ Do you want me to call an ambulance?” Michelle asked. Kate shook her head.
“ Jethro will be faster” she answered through haggard breaths. As they exited the room everyone yelled their best wishes. Leon and Kate walked as quickly as they could towards the stairs.
“ Jethro is…going to kill…me” she said before another sharp pain through her causing her to let out a cry and keel over in pain. Everyone in the squad room heard her cry and looked up to the top of the stairs. Gibbs jumped from behind his desk and sprinted up the stairs, stopping by Kate’s side.
“ He’s coming Jethro” Kate panted.
“ I can see that” he replied, placing an arm around her back and the other under her belly. She let out another moan as another contraction started. Gibbs grabbed his keys from his pocket.
“ DiNozzo, grab my car” Gibbs called as he threw his keys down to him.
“ Sure thing boss” he caught the keys and ran for the elevator.
“ Can you walk?” Gibbs asked her. She shook her head. Gibbs looked over at Leon for help. Both men put one arm around her back and the other under her legs and lifted her off the ground. She let out another painful groan at the sudden movement. She wrapped an arm around each of their shoulders and squeezed when the pain came. They move down the stairs as quickly as they could.
“ Katie, remember your breathing” he said soothingly. She started the breathing, stopping occasionally when more pain erupted.
“ Oh god” she cried out.
“ Ziva the elevator” Leon ordered as they approached the squad room. Ziva shot out from behind her desk and raced for the elevator. The doors opened when they reached the elevator and stepped straight in.
“ Good luck” Ziva waved before the doors closed. The normally silent cabin was filled with Kate’s quick breaths and occasional moans. Gibbs was excited and scared at the same time. He had been through this before, but that was many years ago. He leaned in and kissed her cheek the whispered.
“ I love you” into her ear. Kate turned to face him.
“ I love you toooo” she moaned loudly. The elevator dinged and the doors opened. They saw Gibbs’ car come to a halt out the front of the NCIS building and Tony run around the car and opened the passenger door. They walked out of the building and straight to the passenger side. Leon and Gibbs let her down carefully and Gibbs helped her into the car.
“ Good luck Kate” Tony said as Gibbs closed the door and ran for the driver seat. Within seconds they sped off. Gibbs broke many speed limits to get to the hospital as quickly as possible.
“ Maybe it’s a good thing you came tonight”.
“ How?” she breathed.
“ I wouldn’t know about this until you were at the hospital” he explained. She leaned forward grabbing her stomach.
“ It’s ok, we’ll be there soon” he soothed as he reach over and put a hand on her shoulder. Eventually Gibbs pulled up out the front of the hospital and ran around to Kate’s side. He helped her out of the car wrapped an arm around the small of her back and the other under her belly and took as much of her wait as he could as they walked into the hospital and hurried up to the front desk to a nurse named Lisa.
“ Kate Gibbs for Dr Gomez. She’s gone into labour” Gibbs said quickly.
“ Yes sir I can see that. Trudy get a wheel chair” Lisa called back.
“ The doctor is currently busy, we can set you up in a delivery room and she will come as soon as she can” she told them. Trudy came out with a wheel chair. Gibbs helped Kate down into the chair. Kate grabbed Gibbs’ hand not wanting to let go.
“ Take them to delivery room 6” Lisa instructed Trudy.
“ No problem” Trudy said with a nod and started pushing Kate in the direction of the room. Down the corridor and to the left the entered a room with a bed, blankets and other important things. Trudy pulled the chair to the side of the bed.
“ We need you to get into a dressing gown then up on the bed. Dr Gomez and a midwife will be here shortly” Trudy told them. Gibbs nodded and helped Trudy get changed and onto the bed. Trudy fixed the bed so Kate was sitting upright, her legs up bent up on the bed.
“ I’ll get you some water and a towel” Trudy said as she wheeled the wheel chair out, leaving them alone. Kate leaned back on the pillow after another painful contraction. She looked up at Gibbs who was still holding her hand.
“ He’s coming and he won’t wait” she said out of breath. He ran a hand through her hand and kissed her forehead.
“ It’s ok, they will be here soon” he assured her. Trudy came in with a bowl and a small blue cloth. Here we go. I just passed Dr Gomez, she will be here any minute. This is Alison, she will be your mid wife for today” she said motioning towards the small woman behind her gathering all the necessary equipment.
“ Now I hear you are actually two weeks early” Alison said as she made her way over to Kate. Kate just nodded.
“ That isn’t a problem is it?” Gibbs asked as he wringed out the towel and started to pat Kate’s forehead.
“ Any earlier and we would be worried but two weeks, it should be fine” Alison said as she placed a blanket over Kate’s legs to get ready. Dr Gomez entered the room as Trudy left closing the door behind her.
“ Today’s the big day. He didn’t want to wait did he” She said with a smile as she came to stand next to Alison.
“ NO” Kate said through gritted teeth.
“ Breath Katie” Gibbs told her in a soft voice and she let out a big breath. Alison moved so Dr Gomez could examine Kate herself.
“ Ok Kate looks like you’re ready to go. Now you have to listen to what I say ok” she told her. Kate just nodded her head again.
“ Good. Ok now when the next contraction starts I want to you to push as hard as you can” Dr Gomez instructed, once again she nodded. Gibbs leaned in and kiss her cheek. Alison stood on the other side of Kate’s bed.
“ Breath with me Kate, he who who he” she said. Kate followed what Alison was doing until she felt another contraction and followed her orders from Dr Gomez. Her grip on Gibbs’ hand tightened as she gathered up all her strength to push her baby out.
“ That’s it Kate keep going” Dr Gomez encouraged her.
“ You’re doing great” Alison said. Gibbs watched his wife. He knew this was supposed to be one of his happiest moments but seeing the pain she was in, he just didn’t like it. Kate flopped back onto the bed with exhaustion. Her chest rising and falling quickly.
“ Come on Kate you’re almost there. One more big push and his head will be ok” Dr Gomez told her. Kate shook her head.
“ I can’t” she said breathlessly.
“ You can. Come on Katie, I know you” Gibbs whispered in her ear then kissed her cheek again. She turned her head and looked into his big blue eyes and found the strength she needed in them. She took in another deep breath and started pushing.
“ That’s my girl” he encouraged her.
“ Kate he is almost there, you can do it” Alison told her, now standing next to Dr Gomez to help with the rest of the delivery.
“ AHHHHH” Kate yelled as she gave her final push.
“ Ok the head is out. Just one more push and you will be able to hold your baby” Dr Gomez said as Alison got everything thing ready. Kate took a couple more breaths before pushing again.
“ That’s it keep going, keep going” Dr Gomez said from between her legs. Kate slumped back against the bed as she heard the cries of her baby filled the room. Tears filled Kate’s eyes at the wonderful sound.
“ Congratulations, you have a boy” Dr Gomez said as she cut the cord and wrapped him in a blanket that Alison was holding. Alison walked over to Kate and placed the little boy in her arms, his cries started to cease almost instantly.
“ Oh my god” Kate gushed as she took in her little boy. Gibbs had an arm around Kate’s shoulders, the other ran along his sons arm softly.
“ Good job” Gibbs told her quietly. Kate turned and looked up at him, a smile on her face. He leaned down and kissed her.
“ I love you” she told him.
“ I love you, both of you” he said and looked down at his son.
“ I’m sorry but we do have to take him to the nursery now” Alison told them. Kate nodded as Alison carefully took him back.
“ Do you have a name?” Dr Gomez. Kate nodded.
“ Connor Jack Gibbs” she announced. Dr Gomez smiled.
“ Great name” she said. Dr Gomez cleaned up and the left the two alone. Gibbs looked down at Kate who looked exhausted.
“ I’m so proud of you” he told her then kissed her again.
“ I’m proud of you “ she told him also. He smiled at her then kissed her again.

Gibbs sat on Kate’s bed, an arm around her shoulders and her head on his chest as she rested.
“ Jet” she said softly.
“ Hmm” he replied looking down at her.
“ I love you so much” she said looking up at him. A smile spread across his face.
“ And I love you just as much” he leant down and kissed her.
“Thank you” she said softly.
“ For what?” she asked confused.
“ For giving me a second chance at having a family” he told her in a small voice. She felt tears well up in her eyes.
“ You don’t have to thank me Jethro. All I ask is that you never stop loving me”.
“ Never” he replied pulling her closer and kissing her again.
“ Here we go, little Connor Jack Gibbs” Alison said as she wheeled Connor into the room. Kate and Gibbs broke apart. Gibbs got off the bed and looked into the plastic crib at his sleeping son. He looked back up at the nurse.
“ Can I hold him?”. Alison smiled.
“ Of course you can” she gently picked up the little boy and handed him to Gibbs. Kate watched as Gibbs’ face lit up. She felt like she could cry again at the sight.
“ I also have to let you know you have visitors. Do you want them to come in?” Alison asked.
“ Yes please” Kate answered. She adjusted herself on the bed to a more upright position. Alison left to retrieve their visitors. Kate watched Gibbs walk around the room just staring at his son in his arms. Kate couldn’t wipe the smile off her face.
“ My two boys she finally said. A smile crept across his face and he walked back over to her and kissed her. He didn’t want to stop kissing her, but the unmistakable ‘Awwww’ stopped him. They looked at the door and there stood Abby, Ziva, Tony, McGee, Ducky and Leon.
“ One happy family” Abby said happily looking at the three of them. Gibbs sighed.
“ Come on” he told them and Abby ran straight to Gibbs to get a good look at the new addition to the Gibbs family.
“ He is so adorable” Abby cooed. Then Ziva went to see their little boy.
“ He is gorgeous. I could almost eat him all up” she said. Tony laughed.
“ You show women a baby and they get all clucky” he said. Kate looked at him.
“ What, you don’t think men can’t get clucky” she asked with a smile.
“ I have never met a man who gets all gooey once a baby is in the room” Tony told her. Kate laughed.
“ Jethro give Connor to Tony” Kate told him. Gibbs looked at her but she nodded her approval. Gibbs walked to the end of the bed and handed Connor over to Tony. He stared at the little person in his arms. Connor opened his eyes as he yawned and looked up at Tony.
“ He has your eyes boss. And definitely Kate’s nose” he said. Everyone laughed as Kate proved her point.
“ What? I’m just saying” he said looking up from Connor. Abby couldn’t contain herself.
“ Can I hold him?” she asked. Kate and Gibbs both nodded their heads. Gibbs went back to sitting on the bed with Kate and watched their friends interact with their son.
“ He’s already like you” Kate said softly.
“ How?” he asked confused. She smiled.
“ He’s very quiet, totally gorgeous and had my heart the instant I saw him” she said looking into Gibbs’ eyes. A grin grew across his face.
“ I could say the same about you” he whispered before kissing her with all the love in the world.
Family Trp by katetodd4eva
Author's Notes:
The Gibbs family take a trip
“ Yeah everything is booked. We come down Friday, should arrive around 7pm or 8pm”.
“ Are you going to stay here?”.
“ No we have a hotel down the street from you. Your place if full already, another three bodies would be too much” Kate told her sister, Rachel over the phone. They were finishing the last touches of the Gibbs’ family trip to Miami.
“ Are you sure?” Rachel asked.
“ Yes. We will spend every other minute with you guys I promise. I got to go and finish packing. I will call you as soon as we reach the hotel ok”.
“ Ok. Drive safe and give little Connor a kiss for me ok” Rachel said.
“ I will. See you later” she hung up and walked back into Connor’s room where Jethro and Connor where packing his bag.
“ Now you need a jumper in case it get cold” Jethro told him. Connor went to his closet and pulled out a deep blue jumper that had a giraffe on it.
“ This one?” he asked holding it up. Jethro nodded.
“ Yep, bring it over”. Jethro re-folded it and put it in the bag.
“ You sure have a lot of clothes for three days” Kate said from the doorway. Bothe Jethro and Connor turned and looked at her, then at each other.
“ You said pack and pack is what we did” Jethro told her. Kate gave a little laugh. She did tell them to pack, but obviously the packing is the woman’s job. She walked over to them.
“ It’s fine. The more clothes the better I guess. Well it’s time to get ready for bed, let’s go brush your teeth” Kate said. Connor nodded and ran off into the bathroom.
“ Thank you for packing” Kate said to Jethro.
“ Even though it was too much” he said with a grin. Kate rolled her eyes.
“ It’s fine. You know what he is like, he will get everything dirty in a matter of minutes” . He nodded in agreement then snaked an arm around her waist and pulled her in closer.
“ Are you packed?” he asked.
“ Almost” she smiled.
“ I think I should help you with the rest” he said then kissed her. She wrapped her arms around his neck and started to deepen the kiss.
“ Mummy” they heard Connor call from the bathroom. Kate broke with a sigh.
“ Give me 10 minutes” she said with a quick kiss then disappeared into the bathroom. Jethro pulled Connor’s bag off his bed and left it by the door, then went and made sure everything was shut, locked and turned off before heading into their bedroom. He pulled out his bag from under the bed and started throwing sock, underwear and shirt into it. He stopped when he got to his pants draw.
‘ Miami in summer’ he thought to himself. He packed a pair of pants, then the rest were his khaki shorts and one pair of board shorts that Kate had brought him last year.
“ Good night sweet heart. Mummy loves you” he heard Kate say as she tucked Connor into bed.
“ Yes Daddy will be in soon” she said then turned around and turned the light off. She went to walk out the door but her foot hit something.
“ Oww, Jesus” she said in a hushed tone, hoping Connor didn’t hear her. She hobbled to the bedroom.
“ Are you ok?” Jethro asked after hearing the thud and a curse.
“ Yeah just kicked my toe. He wants you to say good night to him” she told him as she sat on the bed rubbing her toe.
“ Ok” he said then left. She looked over her shoulder and saw his bag already half full. She smiled to herself. She had been packing for the last two days and she still was nowhere near finished. She still had so many clothes to go through. She got up off the bed and pulled her half empty bag onto the bed. She had already packed her underwear, swimmers and pyjamas. She went to her closest and took out her favourite sundress and put it into her bag. Jethro walked into the room and saw her packing. He walked up behind her and wrapped his arms around her waist and kissed her neck.
“ I think that’s all the clothes you need” he whispered into her ear. She laughed.
“ We are not shoving Connor off to my sister so we can catch up 3 years of sex” she told him turning around in his arms.
“ I know, but it would be nice” he said kissing her on the lips.
“ Well maybe for one day” she said with a smile.
“ Can you help me pack?” she asked pulling back to look at him. He sighed and nodded his head.
“ Sure” he said and took a seat on the bed and waited for Kate to pull out all her clothes.

They had left D.C later then what they had wanted to so they didn’t reach the hotel until 8:30pm.
“ Room for Gibbs” Jethro said to the receptionist. Kate had a sleeping Connor in her arms.
“ Here you go. It’s on the third floor and on the left. Your bags will be brought up to you shortly” the blonde to him with a smile. Jethro gathered their bags together so they wouldn’t get lost and led Kate to their room. He opened the door and walked in first turning on all the lights.
“ This is nice” Kate stated as she walked in. She found the beds and placed Connor down on the single bed and pulled the blanket over him.
“ You’re not going to change him?” Jethro asked.
“ You know how cranky he gets when he is woken up” she told him. Jethro smiled.
“ Oh I know. He is just like his Mummy” he said with a chuckle. Kate just rolled her eyes.
“ I have to call Rachel. Keep an ear out for our bags” she told him.
“ Kate are you guys ok?” Rachel greeted her.
“ Yes we’re fine. We just left a little bit later that’s all” she assured her sister.
“ Ok. Well we were thinking we could have picnic at the beach tomorrow. If the weather is good that is. What do you think?” Rachel asked.
“ That sounds great. Connor has never been to the beach before”.
“ Really?”.
“ Yeah. He has been to the pool many of times. Ok well ring me tomorrow with times and everything. We should get some sleep. Night Rach” Kate said.
“ Ok will do. Night Kate” Rachel said then hung up. Kate walked back to Jethro who was bringing the bags into the room.
“ Rach has organized a picnic at the beach for tomorrow” Kate told him as she grabbed her bag from him and put it on her side of the bed.
“ Sounds nice. I get to see you in your bikini” he said with a cheeky grin. He made his way over to her and wrapped his arms around her.
“ I guess you do” she said with a smile. He leaned down and kissed her. His hands running up underneath her shirt. Her hands went down his chest and settled on his hips. She then started to unbuckle his belt and slipped his pants off him. She slipped a hand underneath his boxers and gently started to rub his balls.
“ Katie” he moaned. A smile crept over her face. They haven’t had this much contact in months. Jethro couldn’t take it and picked Kate up and put her on the bed. He ripped her shirt over her head and kissed her chest and the skin of her boobs that weren’t covered by her bra. He ran his hands down her smooth skin and to her skirt. He was about to unzip it but her hands stopped him. He stopped his kisses and looked at him.
“ Jet, I you want to be” she started breathlessly. He knew what she was going to say, they had had the talk more than once.
“ I want to” he told her, then started kissing her neck.
“ What?” she asked confused. He stopped again to look down at her.
“ I want to have another baby” he told her in a soft voice. She just stared at him. She couldn’t believe what he was saying.
“ Jet we have to talk about this” she said seriously.
“ What is there to talk about?”. They never talked about this before, so why should it be any different now. She pushed him off her and sat up on the bed
“ What will we do with Connor and work. I’m not ready to have more time off work. Not to mention we only have two bedrooms” she stated. Jethro sighed and didn’t look at her. He knew she was right, but he wanted another daughter. He loved Connor so much, but he would love to have another daughter, a sister for Kelly so to speak.
“ We can sort those things out when it comes to it” he told her.
“ Jethro you’re a wonderful father and I would love to give you another child but there are so many things stopping us” she told him as she rubbed his shoulder. He looked up at her.
“ Kate I” he started to say but was interrupted by a cry.
“ Mummy” Connor cried from the other room. Kate sighed and got up from the bed and pulled on her t-shirt he had thrown on the floor.
“ Just think about it some more ok” she said softly before heading for Connor.

“ Hi guys. Is that Connor” Rachel greeted them at the door. Connor nodded his head shyly.
“ Wow you’re a big boy now. How old are you?” she asked the little boy. He holds up two fingers.
“ That’s old” Rachel joked. Connor smiled.
“ Come in, the others are still getting ready” she told them stepping aside to let them in.
“ Aunt Kate” they heard two voices call from upstairs. Kate put Connor down to get ready for the greeting. First it was James, who was now 6. He ran up to her, arms outstretched. Kate bent down and hugged him.
“ Hello. You have grown a lot since last time” Kate said as she let go of him and had a good look at the little boy.
“ I grew this much” James said showing Kate the measurement with his fingers. James looked past Kate and saw Jethro standing there. His face lit up even more.
“ Uncle Jet” he said happily before launching himself at Jethro. Jethro bent down and picked the boy up who wrapped his tiny hands around his neck in a tight hug.
“ Your coming to the beach to?” he asked.
“ Of course. Wouldn’t miss it” Jethro replied with a smile.
“ Yay” James cheered.
“ Have you finished packing?” Rachel asked him. He shook his head.
“ Well you should go finish, then we can go” Jethro said putting him down.
“ Ok” he said then ran off back to his bedroom.
“ You should visit more often. Do you think you can get him to eat his vegetables” Rachel said with a laugh as she led them into the kitchen where Dominic was packing the last of the food.
“ Hey guys, nice to see you” Dom greeted them.
“ Always good to see you” Kate said giving him a hug.
“ Hey Connor. You ready for the beach?” Dom asked Connor with a smile. Connor just nodded again.
“ I think he has lost his voice today” Kate said with laugh as she ran a hand through Connor light brown hair.
“ Once he sees the beach he will find it again” Jethro said as he picked Connor up and he wrapped his arms around his neck. The sight made Kate smile and she felt bad for immediately dismissing his want to have another baby. She didn’t think the thought showed on her face but when she looked up at her sister she knew it had.
“ Mum we’re ready” Nicole said as her and James entered the kitchen with their beach bags.
“ Ok. So we can head off now” Rachel said.
“ It’s only a 10 minute walk” Dominic told the as he grabbed the basket and esky. Jethro put Connor down and helped Dominic with carrying everything. Kate took Connor’s hand and Nicole took Connor’s other hand. Connor looked up at Nicole and gave her a small smile. They made the small walk and found a nice place on the beach to set up the umbrella and their towels.
“ Ok sunscreen time” Dominic called. Nicole and James stood in a line while Dominic applied their sunscreen.
“ Connor your turn” Dominic called. Connor slowly walked over to Dom. The adults then applied sun screen to each other.
“ Don’t forget your hats” Rachel called. Nicole and James put their hats on and ran off to the edge of the water.
“ You ready?” Kate asked Jethro.
“ Yep. Camera?” he asked.
“ In the bag” she told him. He rummaged around the bag and grabbed it out. Connor clung to Kate’s hand as they made their way down to the water. Connor squealed happily as the cool water came up and soaked his feet. Jethro smiled and started to take photos.
“ He really likes the water” Rachel pointed out as Connor started jumping making the water splash up.
“ Yeah he loves it. He never wants to get out when we are at the pool” Kate told them.
“ You might have an Olympic swimming on your hands” Dominic said with a laugh.
“ Wouldn’t surprise me” Kate laughed. Nicole and James ran up to them and stopped at Connor. Nicole bent down and grabbed a handful of wet sand and handed it to Connor, who mushed it between his hands.
“ He likes it” Nicole said happily.
“ Can we make sand castles now?” James asked.
“ Sure” Dominic said.
“ Did you know I was the best sand castle maker when I was younger?” Jethro asked Nicole and James. They both shook their heads.
“ Could you teach us?” Nicole asked.
“ Of Course” he said with a smile. He looked up at Kate.
“ You don’t mind?” he asked. She shook her head.
“ Not at all. Go for it, just keep an eye on Connor ok” she said.
“ Always” he said and kissed her cheek, handing her the camera and taking Connor, Nicole James and Dominic just out of the water to start building sand castles. Kate and Rachel walked back up to the umbrella and Kate put the camera away.
“ Is everything ok?” Rachel asked. Kate looked up at her.
“ Yeah. Why do you ask?”.
“ You two just don’t seem like yourselves” Rach said with a shrug. Kate looked down the beach at Jethro and the rest of them. She sighed before finally answering her sister.
“ Jethro wants another child” she told her.
“ And what’s wrong with that?” Rach asked.
“ I just don’t know if I could do it again. Months off work, no sleep, not to mention no sex” Kate said naming things that she missed while she was pregnant with Connor.
“ Really?”.
“ We haven’t had sex since Connor was born. I only went back to work 12 months ago” Kate told her.
“ But aside from all that would you want another child?” Rach asked. Kate thought for a minute then smiled.
“ I do”.
“ Then what’s the problem?”.
“ We don’t have the room, money or time for another child. I would love to give Jethro another child, but I just can’t stop thinking about the negatives” Kate explained. She sat down on her towel and got out a bottle of water. Rachel sat down next to her.
“ When we had Nicole I was happy that she was a girl. I had always wanted a little girl so I could dress her up as a princess” Rachel and Kate laughed.
“ But Dom always wanted a boy to go fishing with and to teach him all about cars. So we had James. I love them both so much, but I did it for Dom” Rach told her.
“ So if it wasn’t for Dom you would have stopped with Nicole?” Kate asked. Rachel shook her head.
“ I don’t think so. Having James, there’s just so much more love in our family now. I can’t think of my life without him. Kate you need to talk to Jethro about this. You know how he feels, let him know how you feel”. Kate nodded.
“ Thank you. You were always the smart one” she said with a laugh.
“ Well not according to mum” they both burst out into laughter. Kate got up.
“ I might go see how they are going” she said.
“ Ok, send Dom up here to help with the food” Rach told her. Kate nodded as she made her way down the beach.
“ Don’t use to much water otherwise it won’t stick together” she heard Jethro instructing them.
“ Mummy” Connor called with a smile on his face.
“ Hey sweetie” she answered him.
“ Look” he said pointing to the mounds of sand in the middle of them.
“ Wow. Did you do that?” she asked. He nodded.
“ Daddy, Cole, Jame and Om” he said pointing to everyone involved. Kate laughed at the nick names he had given them. She knelt down next to Jethro.
“ Daddy is very creative isn’t he” she said as she ran a hand through Jethro’s hair. He smiled at her.
“ Dom, Rach wants you to help with the food” Kate said turning her attention to Dominic who was decorating the sand with shells.
“ Ok, no problem. You guys behave” he said as he got up and ran up the beach.
“ What is it?” Kate asked.
“ It’s a castle with mote” Jethro told her.
“ And a paddock for the horses” Nicole added. Kate smiled at her 8 year old niece. Maybe having another child wasn’t so bad. She would love to have a daughter.
“ I see. It’s the best castle with a mote and a paddock for the horses I have ever seen” Kate said with a smiled.
“ Nicole, James lunch” Rachel called down the beach.
“ Nic can you take Connor?” Kate asked. Nicole smiled.
“ Sure. Come on Connor lets go eat” she said holding out her hand. Connor dropped his shells and wiped his hands on his rash shirt then took Nicole’s hand.
“ Lunch” he repeated as the three of them made their way up the beach. Kate turned back to Jethro.
“ I’ve been thinking. I wouldn’t mind having a girl” she told him softly. Jethro’s face lit up.
“ I would love a daughter” he told her.
“ But can we hold off for a little bit. I want to do things before we have another nine months of preparation to do”. Jethro nodded.
“ I’ll agree to that” he said. She smiled and leaned in and kissed him. He depend the kiss, forcing her back onto the sand, his body on top of hers. He ran a hand along her naked side.
“ Hey you two, lunch” they heard Dominic call out. Jethro broke the kiss and looked down at Kate.
“ He’s your brother in law” he said with a laugh.
“ Hey he’s yours as well” she said with a smile. Jethro got up and helped her up and they made their way up the beach to the others.
“ Grab a plate. There is salads and cold meat” Rachel told them.
“ Thanks Rach” Kate said as she grabbed a plate. Rach smiled at her. She could sense that everything was good between Kate and Jethro and somehow she knew there would be another Gibbs on the way in the future.
“ Mummy finished” Connor said showing Kate his empty plate.
“ Good boy. Do you want any more?” Kate asked. He shook his head.
“ Ok. Did you want some water?” she asked. He nodded his head.

“ What do you say?” Jethro asked.
“ Please” he said. Kate smiled and grabbed her water bottle and undid the lid for him.
“ Mum can we continue our castle?” James asked as he handed Rachel his empty plate.
“ After you put some more sun screen on” she told them. After re-applying sunscreen the three kids and Dom went back down to finish off the castle. Kate and Jethro were helping Rachel pack everything up from lunch
“ Hey I was talking to Dom before. We could take Connor tomorrow if you two want to spend some time together” Rachel told them. Kate looked at her sister completely shocked.
“ What? Didn’t you say you wanted more” Rachel started.
“ Yes but I thought that would stay between us” Kate said.
“ We are all family. So what do you say?”. Kate looked over at Jethro who had the biggest smile on his face.
“ Sure. Thank you so much” she said as she hugged her sister.
“ Anytime. So drop him off after breakfast and then we can all have diner together” Rach suggested
“ Ok. What time?”.
“ Around 6-6:30pm” Rach said.
“ Sounds good. Now re-apply and lets go swimming” Kate said. They all re-applied. Kate and Rach went out into the surf while Jethro stayed with the others helping them with the castle. 30 minutes later they were finally finished.
“ Yay. Now can we go swimming dad?” Nicole asked.
“ Of course.” Dom said. Nicole took one hand while James took the other and Dom led them out a little way. Jethro picked Connor up and headed out to. He stopped when the waves were starting to get bigger and stronger. Connor spotted Kate and Rachel not too far out.
“ Mummy” he called as he waved his arms. Kate turned around and saw Jethro with Connor in his arms. Kate smiled and started to head back in towards them.
“ Hey baby, you in the waves” she said as she reached them. Connor reached out for Kate and Jethro let him go.
“ Do you like the beach?” she asked him. He nodded and held on tight as another wave came and hit Kate in the back of the legs. Jethro moved forward so he was closer to them. He ran a hand through Connors hair, then leaned in and kissed Kate.
“ I love you” he told her.
“ I love you too” she replied with a smile.
“ Love you” Connor replied making them smile and they both kissed his cheeks.
Rachel joined Dom, Nicole and James.
“ So are we baby-sitting tomorrow?” Dom asked his wife as she picked up James.
“ Yep. They haven’t had time to themselves since he was born” Rachel told him.
“ I know, I remember what it was like” he said with a smile.
“ Dad I want to go out” Nicole said tugging on his arm. He bent down and picked her up.
“ Ok, let’s go” Dom said as he made his way further out. Nicole giggled every time a wave hit them.
“ Uncle Jet. Come with us” she yelled out. Jethro looked out and saw her gesturing for him to follow. He looked back at Kate.
“ Princess Nicole beckons” he says, gives them both a quick kiss and makes his way out to Nicole and Dom. Kate and Connor watched the three of them. Connor rested his head in the crook of Kate’s neck and held on to the strap of her swimming top. They were soon joined by Rach and James.
“ The girls are always their daddy’s little princess” Rach said with a smile. Kate turned to face Rach as she was hit with yet another small wave.
“ I can see that” Kate said with a smile.
“ What am I?” James asked his mum.
“ Your my knight in shining armour” Rach told him then kissed his cheek, making him smile. Connor yawned and snugged closer to Kate.
“ Someone looks a little tired” Rach said with a smile.
“ He had a big night” Kate said kissing his forehead.
“ We should head off soon. We’ll let them have some before we call them in” Rach said.
“ Sounds good. Might change his nappy and let him have a nap” Kate said as she followed Rach out of the water. Rach put James down and he ran up back to the umbrella and wrapped himself in his towel.
“ Mummy can I have a drink please?” James asked.
“ Sure. Water?” Rach asked digging through the esky. James nodded and she handed him a small bottle of water.
“ Thank you” he said. Kate had Connor down on the towel and was changing his nappy and him into dry short, but left his rash shirt on as it was relatively dry.
“ So what’s the verdict?” Rachel asked.
“ On what?” Kate asked confused.
“ On having another one”.
“ Oh. Well we will in the future. I told him if we can wait a little bit longer. I don’t want to rush into it” Kate explained.
“ That’s fair enough. Two year olds can still be a handful” Rachel said. Kate looked down at Connor on the towel, he had fallen asleep. Kate smiled at him. She actually couldn’t wait to have another child.
“ We’re ready to go” she heard Dom say, making her turn around to see the three of the wet from head to toe. She couldn’t help the smile that spread across her face when she saw Jethro with his hair wet and sticking to his face.
‘ God he is sexy’ she thought to herself. He grabbed his towel and started to dry himself off.
“ We are ready to. We have everything packed up except for the umbrella” Rachel said.
“ How’s he doing?” Jethro asked as he came over to Kate.
“ He fell asleep” Kate told him as she stood up. Jethro looked past Kate and saw Connor asleep on his back.
“ I’ll take him” he said. Kate took his towel and he bent down and picked up Connor, who snuggled into him, his head in the crook of his neck and his hand clinging to the collar of Jethro’s rash shirt. They headed back home. They said goodbye to the others at their house and promised to drop Connor off in the morning. The walked back to the hotel and entered their room. Jethro went to put Connor down in his bed but he wouldn’t let go and when Kate went to pull him of he would start to cry.
“ Looks like you’re stuck with him” Kate said with a laugh. Jethro sigh and went and sat on the lounge. Kate followed and pulled Connors shirt off. She handed Jethro the remote to the TV.
“ I’m going for a shower. Do you want anything else?” she asked.
“ Just a kiss” he said with a smile. She smiled and leaned in and kissed him before turning and heading for the shower. She came out and sat next to Jethro, who still held a sleeping Connor.
“ Are you sure you want to do this again?” she asked as she moved Connor’s hair out of his face. Jethro looked down at his sleeping boy and smiled.
“ If you’re willing to do it with me” he said. Kate looked up at him.
“ I do but I just want you to know that there a lot of things that have to be sorted out before we even start trying” she told him.
“ I know but for now can we just enjoy our time together. Away from all the stress” he said. She smiled and nodded. She leaned up over Connor and kissed him.
“ Connor to” they heard a small tired voice say. Kate pulled back and saw him rubbing his eyes. She smiled and leaned down and kissed his cheek.
“ Did you have a nice sleep?” she asked. He nodded his head.
“ I think its bath time” Kate said and Connor shook his head.
“ He can have a shower with me” Jethro suggested. Kate looked at him shocked.
“ What?” he asked with a chuckle.
“ Nothing, it’s just you’ve never suggested that before” she said and Connor sat up properly.
“ I’ve never been home for bath time” he reminded her. Which is true. Kate had always left the office early to get Connor and bath him before Gibbs got home.
“ Do you want a shower with daddy?” she asked Connor. His face lit up and he nodded, jumped off the couch and ran into the bathroom.
“ Daddy” he called.
“ He’s waiting” she said with a smile. He leaned over and kissed her before getting up heading for the bathroom. Kate sat back and changed the TV trying to find something to watch. She heard the shower running and smiled. She couldn’t help but feel like the luckiest woman in the world. She had the most sexiest, loving husband and the most gorgeous little boy anyone could ask for. She couldn’t find anything on the TV so she got up and went to the bathroom. She stood in the doorway and watched her two boys. Jethro put shampoo in his hair, then stood out of the water and put Connor under then put a small amount of shampoo in his hair.
“ Close your eyes. Really tight” Jethro told him and Connor squeezed his eyes shut.
“ They closed?” Jethro asked.
“ Yes” Connor answered. Jethro tipped his head back and rinsed Connors hair. He then cleared his face of all soap.
“ You can open them now” Jethro instructed. Connor opened his eyes with a smile.
“ Ok now stand over there will daddy washes his hair ok” Jethro told him and the little boy obeyed. Once Jethro was done he picked up Connor and rubbed the soap over his little body, stopping to tickle his tummy. Connor’s giggle filled the room. Kate couldn’t help but laugh as well. They both turned and saw her standing there. Jethro smiled at her.
“ I think mummy should join us” he said and Connor nodded his agreement.
“ No mummy has already showered” Kate told them. Jethro turned to Connor.
“ Did you see mummy shower?” he asked Connor. He shook his head.
“ No. Mummy need wash” he said.
“ That’s because you were asleep” she said as she stepped into the bathroom and lifted her shirt over her head. Then she slid her shorts and underwear off and opened the door and hoped in.
“ Mummy” Connor said happily.
“ Hey baby” she said as she kissed his wet cheek. She stood next to Jethro who put an arm around her pulling her close to him. She rested her head on his chest and put and arm around him and the other one around Connor. Connor did the same. Rested his head on Jethro’s chest and his small arm on Kate’s outstretched arm. Kate smiled at her little man who had the eyes of his daddy. Jethro looked down at the two people in his arms. He couldn’t be more happier. He felt like he was the luckiest man in the world. He had the most gorgeous, caring and loving wife and the most adorable little son anyone could ever ask for. He leaned down and kissed the top of their heads. She looked up at him. She saw the twinkle in his eyes. And even if he never said it she knew that he was the happiest he has ever been. She wanted to have as many children as he wanted if it made him this happy. She saw Connor shiver a little.
“ Ok I think it’s time to get out” she said. She opened the door and grabbed her towel. She grabbed a towel for Connor and Jethro passed him out and Kate went and dried him off and got him dressed. Jethro came out in nothing but a towel wrapped around his waist and Kate help but stare. She hardly got to see him without close on anymore and she was surprised to think he looked better then what she remembered.
“ What do you want to do for diner?” she asked him. He shrugged.
“ Room service” he said as he looked for something to put on.
“ Sure” she said and went to find the menu. After diner they put a very sleepy Connor to bed then headed off to their room. Jethro was already on the bed when Kate came back in from checking on Connor.
“ You know, I’ve been thinking a lot since we came back from the beach” she said as she crawled onto the bed and laid on her side facing Jethro.
“ Oh yeah” he said.
“ Yeah” she answered. She wanted his full attention before she told him.
“ What about?” he asked.
“ Well, about you and me” she said. This definitely got his attention. His head turned towards her with a worried look on his face. She had to try and hold back a little laugh. She reached out and touched his face.
“ I don’t want to wait to have another baby” she told him with a soft smile. A grin spread across his face.
“ Are you sure?” he asked.
“ Positive. It’ll make you even happier and seeing you happy makes me happy. I want a girl Jet” she tells him with a smile. He couldn’t contain himself. He took her lips with his and flipped her onto her back and was on top of her. She instantly wrapped her legs around his waist and brought him closer down to her. He ran a hand up under her shirt and grasp her breast. He heard a soft moan escape from her throat. Her hands ran down and grabbed the hem of his shirt and she lifted it over his head. She ran her hands over his bare skin. Her started to head for his short but stopped at the sound of a scream.
“ MUMMY”. Kate stopped the kiss and waited for a minute. She could hear him crying. Jethro got off her and she jumped off the bed and ran to get him. Once again their love making was to be put on hold. Kate soon came in with a tear stained faced Connor on her hip.
“ I think it’s the different room” she said moving his hair from his face.
“ Come here” Jethro said holding out his arms. Kate let him down on the bed and Connor crawled into Jethro’s lap.
“ Can he sleep with us tonight?” Kate asked. Jethro looked down at the boy who was clinging on to him.
“ I guess he is going to have to if we want to get some sleep tonight” Jethro told her. He started to pull the blankets back and tucked Connor underneath with him. Kate waited to turn off the light before she joined them. Connor lay in the middle of the bed on his back and both Kate and Jethro laid on their sides facing into him. They kissed him on the cheek.

Kate, Jethro and Connor arrived at Rachel’s house at 9:30am.
“ Good morning to you too” Rach answered after several hurried knocks from Kate.
“ Sorry but we got interrupted last night. Now I have packed him some pull-ups, a change of clothes and some of his own toys. It should do ‘til we come back for diner” Kate told her hurriedly.
“ Ok that’s all fine. Anything else we need to know?” Rach asked as she took the bag from Kate.
“ Just that he is exactly like Kate” Jethro added with a smile. Kate turned around and glared at him.
“ Ok no worries I can handle that” Rach said with a smile.
“ Oh ha ha. So diner at 6:30pm?” Kate doubled checked.
“ Yes, now get going otherwise you won’t get any time together” Rach said.
“ Ok. Connor you’re going to play with Aunty Rach, Uncle Dom, Nicole and James” Kate told him. She saw his face lit up as he nodded his head. She gave him a kiss on the cheek and so did Jethro then he raced into the house calling out Nicole and James’ name.
“ Thank you so much once again” Kate said.
“ Don’t worry about it. We went through it as well. Now go have fun” Rach said as she waved them off. Kate and Jethro walked down to the beach once again. They found a nice spot and applied sunscreen and made their way down to the water. Kate squealed at the cold water. Jethro laughed as he swiftly picked her up and headed into the water. He stopped every now and then when a wave came, so it could crash against his body and splash Kate.
“ Leroy Jethro Gibbs put me down right now” she yelled. He just laughed and kept going out. When they were out where they weren’t quiet crashing he stopped and looked at her.
“ You’re beautiful” he said. A small blush started up on her face. She smiled and he let her legs go. She wrapped her legs around his waist.
“ And you’re the most handsome man in the world. After Connor of course” she said with a smile, her lips inches away from his.
“ Of course” he repeated in a whisper as he closed the distance. They lifted off the sand by a wave which caused them to break from the kiss.
“ I love you so much” she says with a smile.
“ I love you too” he replies. She gives him another quick kiss then let’s go of him and turns to dive under the next wave. Jethro smiled and followed her. He grabs her around the waist and lifts her up and drops her back down, still holding onto her.
“ We really need to move near the beach” she says as she can feel him place kisses on her neck.
“ Maybe” he said through his kisses. He stopped as he felt Kate prepare to go under another wave, so he did the same. He saw Kate pop up.
‘ God she is gorgeous’ he thought to himself.
‘And she is all mine’ he added as he looked around the rest of the beach. He once again reached Kate, who turned to meet him with a wide smile. She threw her arms around his neck and kissed him.
“ I want to go make a baby” she said against his lips. He smiled and let her go and turned to head of the water. He could hear Kate close behind him. When the water got shallow he started to run. So did Kate. Once she reached the sand she sprinted past Jethro. He sped up and caught her round the waits from behind. She was laughing uncontrollably now. She pulled him down into the sand and rolled on top of him and kissed him senseless. His hands sat on her bare things.
“ Katie your teasing me” he said in a hoarse voice.
“ I’m just having fun Jethro” she said in a cheeky voice.
“ I just want you” he said.
“ You have me Jethro” she said. He smiled.
“ I want you now Katie” he said squeezing her thighs. Her smile grew wider.
“ Let’s go then” she said as she got up off him and grabbed her towel and clothes. They rushed back to their hotel room. Within two steps inside the door their clothes were off and their lips locked as they moved to the bedroom. Kate pulled Jethro down on top of her. Her legs tangling with his. They have waited for this moment for so long, neither of them could wait any longer.
Kate laid in Gibbs’ arms, her head on his chest and her hand drawing lazy circles on his stomach.
“ I’ve wanted that for so long” she said in a soft voice. He ran a hand through her hair.
“ Hmmm, too long” he said in a low voice. She felt him kiss her forehead.
“ What’s the time?” she asks, not being able to see the clock on the bedside table. Jethro turns and looks at the red glowing numbers.
“ 12pm”.
“ Good. We have time for a nap” she said as she snuggled closer to him. Her leg brushing the inside of his thigh, igniting the fire within him again. If they were going to have another baby he didn’t want to wait another 2 years before having sex. So in one swift movement he had Kate on her back and himself above her.
“ Or we could always go again” he said mischievously. He saw the smile on her face spread and the cheeky gleam in her eyes.
“ On one condition” she tells him. He looks at her with a smirk. She puts her legs either side of his and pushes him back down onto the bed and straddles his waits, her hair falling down over her face.
“ I’m on top” she says in a teasing whisper.
“ Fine with me” he says as he leans up and captures his lips with hers.

“ Hey guys, did you enjoy yourselves?” Rachel asked as she opened the door and saw Kate and Jethro with their arms around each other.
“ You could say that” Kate said with a smile as she looked up at Jethro, who returned her smile. Rachel could tell straight away they had done everything they wanted and were happy and relaxed. She stepped aside to let them in.
“ So did he behave himself?” Jethro asked as he looked around for the kids.
“ Of course he did. He is always a good boy” Rachel exclaimed as she led them into the backyard where Dominic had already started the BBQ and the kids where running around with a soccer ball.
“ Well for you maybe” Kate said with a smile. As soon as they stepped out onto the patio Connor spotted them.
“ Mummy, Daddy” he called as he left their game and ran towards his parents. Jethro bent down and picked him up in a big hug.
“ Hey buddy. Did you have fun today?” he asked. Connor nodded his head.
“ We played and movie” he explained. Kate ran her hand up and down Connor’s back. He turned and another smiled lightened up his face. He stretched out his arms and Jethro let him go and Kate took him in another big hug and a kiss.
“ Mummy missed you” she said.
“ Missed you” Connor told her. James then came running onto the patio.
“ Uncle Jet, come look at our tree house” he said grabbing Jethro’s hand and tugging him further into the yard.
“ I go to” Connor said and Kate let him go and ran after the other two. Kate steeped down off the patio and joined Rachel and Dom by the BBQ.
“ Beer?” Dom asked.
“ No thanks. Any lemonade?” Kate asked. As long as her and Jethro were trying for a baby she didn’t want any alcohol, just in case.
“ Sure. Here you go” Domo said digging through the esky and handing her a cold can of lemonade.
“ So how many times did you try for a little girl?” Rachel asked quietly, but loud enough for Dom to hear.
“ Oh Rach, come on. I don’t need to hear this. Can’t it wait ‘til after we eat” Dom complained pointing the tongs at her.
“ No it can’t. If you don’t want to listen then close your ears” Rachel said playfully. Kate just laughed at the two.
“ Now tell me” Rach continued. Kate blushed a little.
“ Enough” she said simply. She saw Dom’s thankful expression that she didn’t go into detail, but the Rachel’s disappointed face. She was always one for details.
“ Kaatteee” she pleaded.
“ Rach I’m not telling you. It was enough to last us another two years…well maybe six months at least” Kate replied with a laugh.
“ Hang on…I thought you were going to wait to have another little one” Rachel said confused. Kate laughed again.
“ Well, when I look at him I just…I don’t know. I want to give him all the kids in the world” she said shyly, thinking that she would sound like a hopeless romantic. She received an ‘Aww’ from Rachel.
“ Women was Dom’s comment. They both rolled their eyes and turned to watch Jethro with the three kids. A smile crept across Kate’s face.
“ He is really good with kids isn’t he” Rachel stated. Kate just nodded.
“ He is wonderful” she said in a daze-like state. Rachel turned to face her.
“ I’m so happy for you Katie” she said. Kate looked at her, a little confused at her sudden words. Rachel smiled.
“ He makes you so happy and it’s clear that you make him just as happy. I am sorry I ever doubter your relationship” Rach said now serious.
“ Thank you. That means a lot to me” Kate said. Rachel couldn’t help but take Kate into a hug.
“ Dad really liked him to. He was always so proud of you. We all are” Rachel whispered to her. She felt Kate hug her tighter. They pulled back as they heard the kids yelling. They shared another smile.
“ Mummy, for you” Connor said holding out a pink flower for Kate.
“ Thank you sweetie, it smells wonderful” she said as she bent down and took it from him, giving him a kiss as a thank you.
“ Right, time to wash-up. Nicole take your brother and Connor to wash their hands please” Rach told her.
“ Ok” she said happily grabbing James and Connor’s hands and running inside. Kate stood up and Rachel went to check on the food. Jethro came over to stand in front of Kate. He looked into her eyes and could tell they looked a little watery than normal.
“ You ok?” he asked in a soft voice. She nodded.
“ Yeah, couldn’t be better” she replied with a beaming smile. He returned her smile and kissed her. He went to pull back but her arms around his neck stopped him. She hid her head in the crook of his neck and hugged him. He didn’t ask any more questions just hugged her back.
“ Come say goodbye to Aunty Kate and Uncle Jethro” Rachel called to the others. James and Nicole came running in with Connor following close behind.
“ Bye Aunty Kate” James said as he hugged her tightly. Kate squeezed him tightly.
“ You be a good boy for mummy and daddy” she told him.
“ I will” he said with a nod. He then went to Jethro for another big hug and Nicole went to Kate.
“ I’ll miss you Aunty Kate” she told her.
“ Miss you to princess. Now you look after your brother ok” she told Nicole. Nicole nodded.
“ Always” she said with a smile. Connor hugged them both, making Kate and Jethro smile. Rachel bent down and picked up Connor who hugged her tightly.
“ You come back and visit anytime ok” she told him. He nodded.
“ Mummy daddy too?” he asked pointing to Kate and Jethro. Rachel laughed.
“ They can come to if they want to” she said. She handed Connor over to Kate.
“ Ok we ready to go?” she asked Connor who yawned and laid his head on her shoulder.
“ I take that as a yes” Kate said as she ran a hand over his back. Rachel handed Jethro his bag and with the last good by hugs and kisses they left for their hotel to pack.
They left early the next morning as they didn’t want to spend their last day off driving. They arrived home around 3pm. They unpacked their bags and were all relaxing in front of the TV, Connor asleep on the couch between them. Jethro looked over at Kate. She was so beautiful. He remembered how beautiful she looked when she was pregnant with Connor. She had a radiant glow to her. She could feel his eyes on her and when she turned to look at him he didn’t turn away.
“ What?” she asked with a smile.
“ Nothing. It’s just…your so” he stumbled trying to find the right words. He was never good at saying this sort of thing, hell it took him 10 months to verbally say ‘I love you’. Kate smiled at him as she waited patiently for him to continue.
“ You’re so beautiful, especially when you’re pregnant” he told her. Her smile widened.
“ Is that another reason for having another baby?” she asked. Jethro now smiled.
“ It’s only one of the many reasons” he said with a little laugh. Kate leaned closer to him.
“ Well I think it’ about time you told me all of your reasons” she said in a soft voice. He leaned in, their lips almost touching.
“ Later” he said as he finally kissed her. They both felt the little person between them start moving. The separated and looked down at him. He rolled over and snuggled up into Jethro’s lap and let out a sigh of contentment. They both smiled.
“ And that is reason number one” he told her.
End Notes:
this may seem like a lot of drabble but i had to add something and this was what i came up with.i am not sure if i should continue.let me know if you think i should.
This story archived at http://www.ncisfiction.com/viewstory.php?sid=3941