Old Friends by joblo
Summary: Work was his life and as long as Tony was on his six, life was good. He'd vowed to have Tony's six too, but now Tony had secrets and there were friends Gibbs had never met or even heard of. It didn't take a genius to see that things were changing and Gibbs didn't like change.
Categories: Gibbs/DiNozzo, DiNozzo/Other Characters: Abby Sciuto, Anthony DiNozzo, Leroy Jethro Gibbs, Timothy McGee, Ziva David
Genre: Angst
Pairing: None
Warnings: Kink, Multiple partners, Mpreg
Challenges:
Series: None
Chapters: 21 Completed: No Word count: 105801 Read: 132648 Published: 12/20/2010 Updated: 07/02/2012
Story Notes:
I own nothing. I gain nothing save the thoughtful reviews I know you'll all give...

1. Old Friends by joblo

2. Confrontations by joblo

3. Helping Out a Friend by joblo

4. Looking Out for Friends by joblo

5. The Ruse and the Steal by joblo

6. No Substitutes by joblo

7. Gut Feelings by joblo

8. Rule 39 by joblo

9. "All I had to do was get knocked up" by joblo

10. Proof by joblo

11. Old Relatives by joblo

12. Taking Care of Tony by joblo

13. New Family by joblo

14. Acceptance by joblo

15. Going Through Changes by joblo

16. Accidents by joblo

17. Paranoia by joblo

18. A Friend in Need by joblo

19. Faithful Friends by joblo

20. Friendly Reunion by joblo

21. The Arrival by joblo

Old Friends by joblo
Author's Notes:
Work was his life and as long as Tony was on his six, life was good. He'd vowed to have Tony's six too, but now Tony had secrets and there were friends Gibbs had never met or even heard of. It didn't take a genius to see that things were changing and Gibbs didn't like change.
Tony grimaced as he dropped the device from the velvet pouch onto the disheveled bed. He’d held off as long as he could this time, but he knew that today he would have no choice; he’d have to wear the plastic chastity cage. “Ha!” He spat out as he read the label emblazoned BIOSAFE plastic. It hardly felt like what he’d describe as safe. The hard confines of the plastic kept him from embarrassing himself when the urges got too powerful, but the solid plastic cut into the head of his cock until he wanted to die. By that time, he hoped he’d be well on his way to isolating himself so he could get the torture apparatus off and wallow in a little less discomfort, but this time he knew he’d be cutting it close. The leather cage would have been preferable if it provided the same spillage protection but, considering the steady occurrence of wet dreams all week, Tony knew he’d burn hot and wet this time around.

It was because his biological clock was ticking, no doubt, but knowing the reason didn’t make it any easier to deal with. So Tony strapped on the clear hardness, knowing it would at least catch stray spurts of cum until he could properly swab himself down in the bathroom. Mentally he ran down his checklist to minimize the risk of going to work today. He used a neutralizing cologne to mask his pheremones, he’d be careful not to make physical contact with anyone, and he prayed he didn’t give Gibbs a reason to head slap him. He blushed just thinking about Gibbs’ rough caresses. If he played those games with Gibbs today, he’d be on his knees, begging to be fucked in no time. He couldn’t risk it. Tony ran through the checklist as he sped along the beltway in a hurry to get this day over with: he saved his outgoing text, stocked up his refrigerator with Gatorade, bottled water, and all the fixings for sub sanwhiches, and he cleaned up and made sure there were fresh linens for his guests. The boys would make themselves right at home- even if Tony was out of it for most of their visit.

Tony had never been as close to his coworkers as he was at NCIS, but he still couldn’t admit that he was a freak of nature. He knew that it was common knowledge among doctors- specialists in their fields- that male pregnancy wasn’t a myth, but nobody else seemed to know about it. And nobody need ever know as long as he continued to manage himself properly. After all, his burn out only happened every three or four years and even though he knows his last few would be more frequent as his body naturally tries to get pregnant before he becomes infertile, he still planned to keep his embarrassing secret. This was his third burn since he’d come to NCIS and he felt lucky to still be there. Burn out mishaps usually led to job changes, but not at NCIS. He recited rule number 12 like a mantra and vowed he’d never get involved with a coworker again. He was tired of accidentally breaking that rule and all the havoc it caused.

He arrived to an empty bullpen and relief flooded his limbs so that he relaxed and settled in for the morning. He had three cold cases to review and he suspected his biological clock would force him to leave work early so he was in a rush to get started.

“Mmmm,” he moans quietly, smelling something warm, sweet, and decadent.

“Morning, Tony,” Tim chirped, sauntering around to his desk sans caramel macchiato.

“What’s that smell, probie? Someone bring donuts? Go score me one,” he almost begs.

“No donuts, but I just ate coffee cake. Got it from Abby and it was gooood!” Tim gloats as he filters through his email for something worth reading. “All buttery and crumbly and sugary sweet… you -ought to try some, Tony. I think she even has milk down there,” Tim added the proverbial straw and smirked as Tony’s moan could be heard from across the bullpen. Just then, to seal the deal, Ziva walks in with her own slice of breakfast delight and sets it on her desk after traipsing in front of Tony’s corner. She immediately begins surfing, forgetting about the treat in her morning routine.

“You gonna eat that?” Tony asks from across the pen.

“Don’t even think about it, DiNozzo. Run down to Abby’s lab and get your own.”

“Tony, your sweet tooth is legendary; I’m sure she has a piece just waiting for you,” Tim assured him absently, as if it made him no difference to him either way. He didn’t even spare a glance at the jonesing senior agent as he listened to the scurry of designer shoes making their way towards the ding of the elevators.

“Wrong way, DiNozzo,” Gibbs growled through a swig of his second cup coffee as he marched off the elevator at 0700 hours exactly.

“R-right, boss,” Tony stammers, following behind Gibbs like a lost pup. He does his best to forget about the sweet tooth but it’s hardly as difficult as he thinks. Casually sitting down in his seat so as not so betray his increasingly uncomfortable excitement, Tony inhales the somehow titillating aroma of sawdust and something a bit sweet and clean. Not at all what he’d expect from his gruff, no-nonsense team leader, but intoxicating all the same. He wonders for the umpteenth time where the smell comes from, lamenting the fact that he’s yet to find a chance to peruse Gibbs’ master suite. All he knows is that his boss doesn’t use cologne and that slightly sweet perfume beneath the manly sawdust has wafted through his dreams all week. Not that he remembers much about his dreams. Just smells, and intense sensory experiences like the way one strong hand holds down both his wrists above his head or the tight, slick fullness of Gibbs completely sheathed in his ass.

He sits across from Gibbs and runs background checks for a couple of hours, doing his best to ignore the itch he can’t possibly scratch. He knows his hormones are getting out of control when McGee becomes too much of a temptation. Admittedly, Tony had always had a soft spot for his favorite probie and was even a bit in awe of his technological genius. It was part of the reason he ragged on the younger agent so much. Tony mostly overlooked how adorable the young agent was but the past few years had been rough on Tony’s self imposed cover-up. They’d become more like brothers, teasing and joking and fighting, united in their respect for Gibbs- and occasional fear of Ziva. Yet, quiet as Tony kept it, his fertile season wasn’t the only time he’d been overcome with physical attraction for McGee. He was glad that he wasn’t plagued monthly like women, but two or three times a year every few years was enough to be overcome with the inexplicable urge to fuck the most fertile, alpha male around.

*But Timmy McGeek? McGoogle? McGoeasyonthelettucepilonethemeatandcheese? Well,* Tony admitted, *that’s really more my vice than his and he has been looking awfully sexy lately.* Tony had noticed the spike in his teammates’ confidence and he thought it was hot. In fact, it seemed so natural that Tony was beginning to believe that little Timmy had planned this infiltration into the team. After all, he was an over achieving genius, well liked by all and exceptionally adept at moving up the professional food chain. Tony wouldn’t have been surprised if every act of nerdiness were calculated in pursuit of his all consuming goal… Tony smiled to himself, wondering which way his daydream would steer him next. Suddenly his eyes are fluttering closed even as he blinks them back under control. Now that, Tony is certain, is some warm, spicy, obscenely expensive smell good McGee splurges on. He tries to take his mind off the fact that McGee is standing beside him, leaning over his desk, allegedly in search of…*I know this,* Tony thinks desperately.

“Where is it, Tony?” McGee hisses under his breath, hoping Gibbs doesn’t hear. He looks at DiNozzo who obviously isn’t playing some game. It looks as though Tony is having a dirty daydream but McGee tells himself that isn’t it. Then he notices Tony looking embarrassed and Tim could swear he's blushing. The junior agent found the file and continued on with his background crosscheck without another word, hoping he could get Gibbs and Tony out of the bullpen long enough to figure out what the hell was wrong with their senior field agent. He shot Ziva a worried glance as he opened the file and began to work his own special mojo on the case. A stealthy look at Tony proved the agent was back to keeping up appearances, but his teammates knew something was definitely going on.

A momentary, purely physiological reaction to his pheromones, Tony hopes, knowing things will go from bad to worse if he starts responding to McGee the way he responds to Gibbs. McGee has always been attractive, but Tony has never reacted quite the way he just did. He puts the whole thing out of his mind, focusing on work and anxiously awaiting lunch when he can escape the onslaught to his senses by both Gibbs and McGee.

~

It was after 1200 and nobody had mentioned lunch. The whole team studiously worked on completing their current cold case review to avoid stopping in the middle. For Gibbs, such dedication was to be expected. For Ziva and McGee, this was merely a test: how long would it take for Tony to cave? Tim looks up at a rumble he swears is Tony’s complaining gut, but the senior field agent doesn’t budge. At 1245 Ziva gives in, looking at Tim as she slaps a case file closed and exclaims, “I’m starved! What’s for lunch, DiNozzo?”

“I don’t know but bring me something back. I think I’ll work through lunch today and get out of here a little early, if that’s okay, boss?” Tony asked with a confident voice, but he knew Gibbs could hear his apprehension. Gibbs was conspicuously silent as everyone waited for his response. The marine looked at the two younger agents expectantly before barking, “Go! And bring back something good!” Ziva and Tim were up and heading towards the elevator in seconds, both sparing a glance at the rest of their team as the two men sat across from each other just staring.
Ziva cursed in Hebrew as the doors slid closed. “What? What’s wrong?” McGee demands as the elevator starts to move.

“We’re missing it,” she explained, knowing she didn’t need to say more. Then she had a thought. “Let’s see if Abby wants lunch.” Tim just smiled, liking the plan his partner was concocting.

~

“What’s going on, DiNozzo?”

“Nothing, boss. Just feel like I’m coming down with something- I can’t wait to get home and medicate myself. I’ll probably sleep the whole weekend away.”

“Hmmm,” Gibbs responded, clearly not believing a thing DiNozzo said, but not calling him on it either. “Go see if Abby has anything.”

Tony was more than happy to escape from Gibbs’ intense glare. The man knew when Tony was lying and it was obvious that he didn’t like it. Tony knew that just because Gibbs hadn’t interrogated him yet didn’t mean it wouldn’t happen soon. He vowed to stay out of the bullpen until the rest of the team returned, knowing it was unlikely that Gibbs would uncover his weird little secret in front of the whole team. He looked forward to the goth lab rat rambling on about some new club or outrageous technology; it would be a much needed distraction.

Gibbs waited until the elevator doors closed to dial the lab. “Gibbs!” came the chipper voice through the landline.

“DiNozzo’s headed down. Find out what he’s doing this weekend.”

“Got it, Gibbs!” Then Abby looked at the phone and smiled at the answering ‘click’ as she turned her attention back to Tim and Ziva. “Shoo, you two! Tony’s coming!” Abby pushed them both towards the door, but neither agent would budge.

“You promise to talk to Tony?” Ziva demands.

“I will!”

“And to find out why he’s acting so strange?” Tim adds.

“Acting? You don’t know your senior field agent very well, do you, Tim? Now get out of here before he walks through the door. Hurry- take the stairs!”

Abby watched from her door as Ziva and Tim disappeared. She sighs as she notices that the elevator is going back up. “What’s cookin’, good lookin’,” she asks and turns back into her lab. She hears the light scuff of designer shoes behind her before clicking a button that locks them into the lab.

After lunch

“Do you trust me, Gibbs?”

“Of course, Abs”

“Well, good. Because I can’t tell you why Tony needs to get home ASAP. I can’t mention the non-life threatening but serious situation he’s managing this weekend without betraying his confidence. I can only say that his leave would be legitimate if he went through official channels- which he’d never do- and he probably needs next week off too. So don’t be mean and don’t pry, Gibbs.”

“Does this have anything to do with his lungs?”

“Not directly. And quit fishing, Gibbs! I’d say you’ll never figure it out, but I know you. So stop asking questions and just trust me. Trust Tony.”

Of course he trusted Tony. Tony was his senior field agent and had been for over a decade now. It was the longest relationship he’d ever had, eclipsed only by the love of his life, Shannon. Well, his first love, anyway. Gibbs may not express his emotions to others, but he always tried to be truthful with himself. So he realized he needed Tony more than any other person in his life. Work was his life and as long as Tony was on his six, life was good. Gibbs hated to think about Tony’s bout with the plague or any of the times his senior field agent was almost blown away or killed. He’d always vow to not let anything happen to Tony if he could prevent it. Now, knowing something was wrong with Tony and not doing anything about it just felt wrong. He arrived in the bullpen and didn’t bother waiting too long beneath the staircase to listen to David and McGee harass Tony.

“Last I checked, cold cases don’t review themselves,” Gibbs said, sliding into his seat and opening another file. The team wordlessly refocused except for Tony, who made light of the ruthless interrogation his team was giving him.

“That’s what I keep telling Tweedle-dee and Tweedle-dum here, but I suppose the master has to crack the whip…”

“Well, I’m cracking it again, DiNozzo. You’re out of here until Tuesday. Now. Get going DiNozzo. Start your weekend before I change my mind.”

“What about the-“

“Don’t worry about it, DiNozzo; I’ll handle Leon.” Gibbs looks Tony in the eyes and Tony can’t help but feel like his boss knows too much. He sighs and gathers his things, planning on stopping by to kill Abby before he makes his way to the garage. At least Gibbs can keep a secret, Abby, on the other hand, Tony was less certain about.
End Notes:
I own nothing. I gain nothing save the thoughtful reviews I know you'll all give...
Confrontations by joblo
Author's Notes:
He knew that somewhere on the beltway, Eliot Spencer was riding the shoulder trying to get to Tony DiNozzo. Derek wonderd if those two would ever really get together just as Tony’s phone rings again and blinks ‘GIBBS” in all capitals so that Morgan has to laugh to himself at the irony.
~
“Hotch, it probably won’t be more than four or five days, but I need the time.”

“We don’t have a case and I’ll make sure we don’t take another one for the next few days.” Agent Hotchner made reached for his phone, effectively dismissing Morgan who slipped out with a nod of thanks.

It was only moments until Hotchner came out to speak to his team. “As I’m sure you all know by now, I will be out next week, taking Jack to see his grandparents. You’ll be reviewing and updating cases from 1995 to 2005 which Garcia will be giving you Monday. Feel free to take it easy, folks- and take next Friday off. Go home people.” Hotchner dismissed them all with a smile as he returned to his office to pack up and leave himself.

“So Hotch not only signed off on your leave, but he gave us all some down time. Nice job, golden boy,” Rossi teases as he stands from where he’s perched on Morgan’s desk.

“So, what’re you doing with all this free time, Morgan? Is it business or pleasure?” Prentiss asks casually enough, but Derek knows no line of questioning is casual in the BAU. With all eyes on him- even Garcia- he knows it’s best to be truthful.

“Every few years I help out an old friend.”

“How old of a friend is she?” Ried asks, ignoring the looks he gets.

“He called me earlier this week to see if I could help him out this weekend. I’m just glad he’s nearby instead of half way across the country.” Morgan finished with a tired smile as he organized his desk and arranged to leave. As if everyone decided they had something better to do than be at work, they went about tidying up. Nobody paid attention to Ried, who’s space was always immaculate, as he made his way to the elevator. He stepped in, lost in his own thoughts, only to be startled into reality by Morgan slipping through the doors as they slid shut.

“What’s on your mind, baby boy?” Derek asks, leaning against the wall and assessing the younger man.

“I just kind of thought we could spend some time together this weekend.”

“Me too. He called me on Wednesday, Spencer. I thought I’d be asking for next week, but he called back this morning and said he needed me to come by today.” Reid just nodded his understanding and stood silently awaiting the ground floor. They walked to the garage in silence, taking the stairs. He headed to his car with Morgan following him. When he arrives at his car, Morgan keeps on walking to his own. It’s not until he gets home that he calls Morgan.

“It’s just… you’ve known him for a long time but you’ve never mentioned him before. He’s obviously a very close friend. I wonder how close. A-and I know it’s wrong to demand that you assuage my fears so I want you to know that I respect your right to privacy and I’m not mad- just … just curious, I guess?” Reid paused, not having much else to say. He hoped Morgan would explain exactly who this person is or at least give him a name.

“I know, baby boy. But I’ve mentioned him to you before. Remember that car that exploded near Georgetown a couple years ago, or that agent who went undercover with his partner as a married assassin team? It would be irresponsible of me to tell you names to add to the classified details you already know, wouldn’t it? Besides, I only help him with a project every few years, otherwise, I mostly call to check on him. His job is as demanding as ours- if not more so considering how many times he’s been injured.”

“Mostly? Is that traffic in the background? You’re headed over there right now, aren’t you?”

“Mostly. I’ve seen him a few times. Reid. I’ll call you this weekend and I’ll see you Monday or Tuesday.” Derek hung up. He wasn’t annoyed with Reid’s jealousy, he just wasn't sure how to deal with it. Spenser was adorable to Derek and, when he got the chance, he would show his little genius just how much he wanted to spend time with him. He wanted to tell Reid that yes, Tony DiNozzo was hot and yes, they had a bit of a fling that year they were both All-American and then again when DiNozzo came from Peoria to a law enforcement seminar in Chicago. But DiNozzo was a friend, not a lover. They were too much alike and even though Derek wanted someone to take care of, he knew Tony needed a much more aggressive keeper than he would have been. Derek even thought he knew who Tony wanted, but if that were a possibility, he would’ve met Leroy Jethro Gibbs years ago. Tony worshipped the man but he couldn’t tell him about this. For Derek, that meant a hell of a lot- specifically, that Tony and Gibbs probably had no future as a couple.

Morgan made it down the beltway in good time since he’d got out of the office before traffic started getting backed up. He still needed to stop for a few supplies, but he made his way to the U-Street district first to drop off his stuff and check in. He used his key after walking up to the fourth floor since the elevator was out of order. Again.

Tony’s apartment was as stylish and immaculate as he had remembered it. He made himself at home, showering in the master and looking at the contents of Tony’s refrigerator before making a call.

“How you holding up, Tony?”

“Could be much worse. I’m headed home as we speak.”

“Well, what are you in the mood for? Please tell me you have something besides sandwich fixings.”

“Don’t worry about it. I’m not even hungry. Just order something- the menus are in that drawer by the fridge. I’ll be there soon- don’t leave, okay?” Derek heard the urgency in his friends voice and decided against a quick run to the store.

~

Tony wanted to unlock the device while sitting in the car, but he knew that was too risky. If he unlocked the device, he wouldn’t be able to resist stroking himself and that could make him drive worse than even Ziva. He waited so that by the time his shaking hands fumbled at his door for thirty seconds, Derek let him in.

“I can pick a lock faster, Tony,” Derek laughs.

“Yeah,” Tony smiles without cracking a joke and Morgan realizes how close his friend is to losing it.

“Let’s try a cool shower to calm you down before we get started. Let me help you out of these clothes, Tony,” and Tony just followed Derek’s lead, relieved to have someone take care of him. They left a trail to the bed, finally stripping Tony almost bare as his green eyed gaze glazed over and he fought for control. When they came to the chastity device, Tony handed over the key with trembling fingers that held onto his friend’s shoulders in an effort to restrain himself. The shaft pulled off easily enough but Tony’s grimace said there was pain with that release. He collapsed on the bed, holding himself and moaning softly as he buried his face in the pillows. Derek wanted to give his friend a moment. He went about cleaning the hard plastic device and returned to the bed a few minutes later to find Tony writhing frantically and humping his fist.

“Whoa! No need to start the party without me. All you had to do was call.”

“I’m sorry, Derek. I need-“

“I know exactly what you need. That’s why I’m here. Remember? Now, let me see,” he demands, pulling Tony’s hands away to reveal a swollen, reddened, angry cock. He knew it must hurt because Tony was whimpering and still trying to touch himself. “Alright. We skip the shower. What did we say last time about lube, buddy?” Derek remained calm as he reached into the nightstand, having been through the frenzy with Tony many times before. He knew that the pain helped to distract Tony from the overwhelming and painful need to mate, but he also knew it was unnecessary. The problem was that Tony wasn’t the most coherent at these times and Derek suspected that he might have been a bit of a pain slut anyway. He knew the best relief would come from stimulating Tony’s prostate, but a quick hand job should relieve a bit of pressure as well. “Let’s take the edge off. Is that better?” Derek asks, firmly stroking the already hard and leaking shaft, squeezing the head just so before dropping down to the root and applying more pressure.

“Yeah. Ah!” Tony sighs his approval then gives a startled little shout as he spurts but Derek refuses to let go. Tony continues to whimper and fuck into the tight fists gripping him, so Derek keeps up his stroking. He can feel Tony close to the edge and knows he’s having trouble getting there. Morgan focuses on the tip, teasing beneath the rim and squeezing and rubbing the slit until Tony grunts out his satisfaction again.

“Better?”

“A little. Take your clothes off,” Tony demands, pulling at Derek’s t-shirt and jeans but only managing to strip the FBI shirt over Morgan's head. Derek takes in the lust clouded gaze and the restlessness of Tony’s limbs. He feels feverish and sweaty and it takes a moment for Derek to catch up.

“You’ve been in heat all week? Why didn’t you call me sooner?” Derek wondered, hating to imagine Tony at home, frantically masturbating all night to take the edge off.

“Just fuck me, please.”

“About that- I thought we’d have a few hours- I didn’t get to stop for condoms, Tony. We’ll use the toys until we take a break. Is anyone else coming this weekend?”

“I don’t know and no toys! There’re condoms in the bottom drawer!” Tony whispered urgently, babbling when he felt the first lubed finger breach him. “No! Just do it! Please,” he begs near tears so that Derek is positioned seconds later and fully sheathed moments after that. Anyone else might have stopped at the loud wail of pain, but Derek could hear the ecstasy too and he knew that this was exactly what Tony wanted. He took aim at the nodule of aching nerves and drilled into it mercilessly until he could feel Tony’s orgasm shake his sensitive body once more. But Tony was still restless and hard and Derek just kept a slow and steady pace, working on not pushing himself over the edge. The wriggling was the first hint, but when Tony started panting and moaning, Derek knew his careful stroke wasn’t enough. “Like before!” Tony demands, moving his hips frantically in search of relief.

“Hold still, Tony,” he said as he grabbed Tony’s hips and shifted himself to another angle then plunged back in, ramming the unsuspecting bundle of nerves.

“Oh god. Oh god. Oh god. D-Dere-“and the rest of the noises Tony makes sound like gargling and whimpering, but Derek is alright with that. He’s perfectly fine with Tony’s powerfully muscled legs locking him in a vice grip and not letting him go. In fact, he’s relieved that Tony is rutting like an animal and clawing at his arms and torso as he comes again, wetting both their stomachs: he’s hoping this release is enough to knock him out for a while. Derek smiles as Tony’s breathing slowly deepens and his eyes flutter closed.

Just then Tony’s cell rings and Derek’s up to get it before it can wake up his exhausted friend.

“How you holdin’ up, babe?” the voice is gruff but sweet.

“Have you made it here yet, Spencer? ‘Cause I gotta tell you, man, this time around it’s pretty intense. If this is round one it’s gonna be one hell of a weekend-“

“When he called me earlier this week he told me not to worry, but I knew something was up. Dammit, I stopped to stock up, but I’m headed that way now. How’s our boy?” Eliot asks, not trying to hide his concern or emotion.

“He’s down for the count. I just hope you get here soon enough to run interference. That boy needs a strong hand right about now.” Morgan wasn’t surprised to hear the ‘click’ on the other end of the line. He knew that somewhere on the beltway, Eliot Spencer was riding the shoulder trying to get to Tony DiNozzo. He smiled sadly, wondering if those two would ever really get together. Just then Tony’s phone rings again and blinks ‘GIBBS” in all capitals so that Morgan has to laugh to himself as he walks out of the bedroom and slides the phone open.

“Morgan here-“

“Where’s DiNozzo?” The question is growled fiercely as if the voice would come through the tiny jumble of plastic and wires.

“Sleeping,” Morgan answers calmly. “I take it you’re the infamous Leroy Jethro Gibbs.”

“And you are?”

“A good friend who’s helps Tony out whenever he needs it. Like I said, he’s out of it, but I’ll have him call you back later if it’s important-“

“Just how sick is he, Morgan? Sick enough to be asleep in the afternoon? How is his breathing, Morgan? Are you sure he doesn’t need to be under professional care?”

“I’m certain Tony is fine. This is nothing we haven’t handled before. I’ve got everything under control here, but I will have him call when he’s able-

“I’m coming over.” Morgan didn’t even have time to think of a comeback before he heard the click.

~

Morgan stared at the phone for a moment, wondering what he should do. First he found his shirt which took some doing since half of it was beneath Tony’s sweaty head and the other half was hiding under a pillow. He knew enough about Gibbs that he was prepared for this confrontation to get real ugly, real fast. But how would he stop that from happening? In any crises, the key was to take control. He would not allow Tony’s job to be in jeopardy again; he would protect his secret at all costs. Besides, it shouldn’t be too hard since all he had to do was turn this Gibbs away: not even a federal agent is free to trespass on private property. And if push comes to shove, he always has his Glock.

Cop knock, Derek thought as he listened to the loud and insistent pounding at the door of the fourth story walk up. “DiNozzo! Open up!” Without hesitation, Derek went to the door and opened it. He stood at the threshold, not wanting to let the older man by, but Gibbs forced his way in, ignoring all etiquette in search of his senior field agent.

“If this is job related, I gotta tell you Gibbs, Tony’s no good this weekend. You’ll have to mount up without him this time. Actually, I thought he told me he had the time off.” Derek hints, wanting Gibbs to explain himself. He stands at the opened door, ready to asks Gibbs nicely to leave and hoping he won't have to use his gun.

“He’s off." Gibbs verifies, giving the FBI shirt a quick once over. "But I don’t buy this mysterious illness crap and I’m not leaving until Tony explains to me what the hell is going on here.” It was all said calmly, but with a growled certainty so strong that Morgan understood Gibbs wouldn’t leave without force unless Tony asked him to leave. He absently wonders where Spencer is and is a bit startled to hear that southern drawl sneak up behind them.

"This a private party or can anyone join?"
End Notes:
I own nothing but your generous reviews...
Helping Out a Friend by joblo
Author's Notes:
Gibbs finds out whats going on with his best agent.
“Is this a private party or can anybody join in?” Eliot saunters in with his arms filled with groceries, all good ol' boy and sweetness, seemingly oblivious to the fact that Gibbs is as stubborn as a mule and Morgan is going for his gun.

"Eliot Spencer," he says, setting the bags down in the kitchen and reaching for Gibbs' hand. “You must be Gibbs, right. I guess you’ve met our agency friend,” he gestures to Morgan who gives him a level gaze, watching the situation closely. “Beer?” he offers, handing Morgan a cold bottle as the agent relaxes on the couch, turning on some random basketball game and making no secret of the fact that he was still watching Gibbs and had his gun hand ready.

“On the job,” is Gibbs’ only explanation as he stubbornly stands behind the chair closest to the master bedroom.

“What exactly can we do for you, Special Agent Gibbs?”

“I’m just here to talk to Tony.”

“Did he leave without turning in his report or something? That doesn’t sound like our Anthony at all, does it now, D?”

“Nope. My man is nothing if not thorough. We’d have never caught the Silver Springs Slayer if he hadn’t painstakingly reviewed every interview and realized what they all had in common. Amazing we didn’t make the connection but that was before Garcia and Dr. Reid.” Gibbs smirks as if he’s not surprised and Eliot likes that response. Eliot’s doing nothing to hide his identical reaction and, like any infatuated lover, fishes for more intel about Tony.

“So what was it, this thing the vics had in common?”

“Some obscure business deals only linked by offshore accounts in Seychelles. He knew a little bit more about dirty money than any junior agent out of Peoria ought to. DiNozzo: full of surprises, huh?” Derek finishes, taking a swig of cold beer.

“Speaking of surprises, how is it that Tony has a mysterious illness and family that I know nothing about? I don’t buy it. In fact, I want to see Tony right now!” Gibbs demands, not planning to but not able to resist when he suddenly hears movement and murmuring from the master bedroom. Eliot moves quickly and is to the door before Gibbs, checking to be sure Tony is presentable. Eliot closes the door and turns back to face Gibbs and Morgan.

“The thing is, Gibbs, you gotta appreciate the fact that Anthony is a little out of it right now. Don’t be alarmed if he’s not making too much sense-“

“Open the door, Eliot,” Gibbs demands in a voice that leaves no room for disobeying. Eliot assesses the situation and considers dropping the old agent where he stands. Then he thinks about Tony and how he would explain himself to Gibbs’ number one fan.

“Keep it down- he’s not up yet and we like to let him get all the sleep he can; he’s gonna need it.” Eliot explains as he cracks the door halfway, casually leaving his arm across the entrance and Gibbs goes along because it seems like a good idea considering Tony doesn’t feel well. Tony was in plain view, sprawled across the bed wantonly in Eliot’s opinion, but he hoped it would pass for the slight daze of fever. He was on his back, his eyes were closed and his brow was speckled with beads of sweat. He murmured what Gibbs could’ve sworn was a recipe then tossed a bit until he ended up on his stomach with the expensive sheets precariously covering his nudity. Gibbs stares, trying to figure out if Tony looks sick or…something else. He notices the slight panting and wonders if his labored breathing would get any worse later on. “Okay- peep show’s over, boss man,” Eliot says, shutting the door and smiling belatedly. “I’ve got something for you. From Tony, actually,” and this got Gibbs attention so that he followed Eliot away from the bedroom door where Tony was obviously indisposed at the moment. “He had me bring this from San Lorenzo- not that it’s grown there, but my old employer used to drink this. I stole his stash. He won’t be needing it where they got him locked up.”

“And who’s your old employer? This is what you want me to ask, isn’t it?” Gibbs plays along, thankful that he doesn’t have to work too hard to figure out how to stall until Tony wakes up, but hating the ruse all the same. He watches as Eliot pulls out a canister from a worn leather satchel then begins opening the pressure sealed container and filling the French press with the most aromatic grounds Gibbs has ever smelled. All the while, the man who Gibbs had already pegged as obvious muscle shot measuring glances his way as if trying to figure out just how much the marine could be trusted. The silence reigns and nobody seems in a rush to fill it with words and they all listen to the Nets beat the Grizzlies. Finally, Eliot hands Gibbs the coffee and offers his best explanation.

“Black" he assures. "Look, I shouldn’t have mentioned my job. Forget about it- it’s not important-“

“I agree. What is important is the fact that Tony’s lying in bed, struggling for his next breath with damaged lungs. Are you sure he doesn’t need a doctor, Eliot? You’re his friend? Did you know he has less than 60% of his lung function? What happens when he stops breathing, Eliot?”

“You’re being a bit dramatic, Gibbs.” Eliot brushed off the older man’s worry, but he hadn’t known about any lung damage. He walked across the room, meeting Morgan’s eyes to find that the FBI agent had no idea about Tony’s lungs either. “We’ve been doing this for quite a while, alright? I’ve known Anthony for thirteen years now and Lord knows how long those two have known each other,” he motions at Morgan and chuckles. “I think we can handle this on our own, dad,” he finishes, knowing the gibe will irk Gibbs. There's only a quick glint of anger, but Eliot sees it. He laughs to himself, thinking of how Tony would describe his relationship with his boss. How many times had Tony explained his infatuation away by saying that Gibbs was like the dad he never had, ‘and you know about me and my father issues…’? Father my ass, Eliot thought. He watched how Gibbs looked at Tony, demanded to see him, wouldn’t leave until he spoke to him. If the team was one big family like Tony always claimed, where was everyone else? Why was Gibbs here alone, demanding to see his senior agent who was off duty? If Gibbs’ reaction to the ‘dad’ comment was any indication, Tony’s boss didn’t like being thought of as the younger agent’s father figure.

“Handle what? You haven’t told me a goddamned thing!” Gibbs pointed out in fury, bringing Eliot back to the situation at hand. He spares a sideways glance to Morgan and takes a deep breath, only to be cut off by the behavioral analyst.

“We haven’t told you anything because we’re not going to tell you anything. It’s not our business to tell. But I realize you are just a concerned party, so I will calm your fears by telling you that what Tony is experiencing is totally natural and safe…”

“Not another virus,” Gibbs sighs, sitting down on a barstool.

“No. Not a virus. More like a harmless genetic mutation that ever so often must run its course,” Morgan finishes, hopeful that this answer will satisfy the investigator.

“So it’s a high grade fever that leaves him incoherent and this is safe because…?”

“Derek, Derek, don’t leave me alone, man,” Tony can be heard moaning in the bedroom and Gibbs catches the worried look on Morgan’s face as the FBI agent hesitantly rises to answer the call. Gibbs is unsure what the anxiety is about, but Eliot realizes Morgan doesn’t trust the ex-mercenary alone with the aging federal agent. After all the background he’s done on Gibbs, Morgan isn’t at all sure who will win, but he knows he doesn’t want to find out today. He’s relieved for only a moment when Eliot volunteers to answer Tony’s call himself.

One hundred and eighty pounds of controlled violence stalks through the door, shutting it gently before approaching the miserable man writhing on the bed.

“Derek! Dere-“

“He’s out there babysitting your boss, Anthony! Now, you’ve got to pull yourself together so you can send Gibbs away,” Eliot explains, straightening the sheets and tucking them in haphazardly so Tony can’t yank them off quiet so easily.

“Boss? Eliot?” and then realizing who was standing before him, he repeats with a leer and a lustful slur, “Elllliot. You came!” Tony whispers excitedly and while his eyelids are half closed and fluttering, his hands seem to be working just fine as they tug at his attendant’s clothing wildly. “Off, Eliot,” Tony yanks at his shirt hard enough to rip several buttons off before Eliot finally grabs Tony’s wrists, forcing them over his head as Tony pants and undulates against Eliot who groans when he realizes he's now straddling Tony. He wishes he could relieve Tony which is his whole purpose for being here, but he knows it is too risky with Gibbs in the next room.

“Look, I don’t know why we don’t just tell your boss and be done with it, babe. He’s got to know something’s up and if he’s anything like you describe him, he’ll be all over this in no time anyway.”

“Boss? Gibbs? Where’s Gibbs?”

“Outside. About to bust in here if you don’t calm down,” but Tony continues to rub himself against Eliot, moaning and whining until Eliot considers it prudent to quiet him down a bit. He reaches down between them until he has a firm grip on Tony who moans and leaks a bit before remembering how to breathe again. “Now listen, you have to be quiet. Do I need to gag you?” Tony shakes his head no and frantically continues to pump into Eliot’s hand until a few sudden jerks have him spilling with a ragged sigh. When Tony’s hips don’t stop moving, but become more frantic, Eliot realizes he’s started something he’s not prepared to finish. He knows Tony is caught up in an endorphin rush. He looks at the dilated pupils and can only think of one alternative as Tony’s noises become more and more noticeable. “Do you want Eliot to make it all better?”

“Eliot, please, don’t tease, Eliot.

“No tease, babe. I know what you need and I aim to give it to you good…”

“YespleaseEliot,” Tony exhales.

“As soon as you tell Gibbs to leave.”

“Help me. Now!” Tony demands, grunting and moaning in painful ecstasy as Eliot leans forward to capture Tony’s mouth in a controlling kiss. “Nononono,” Tony squirms angrily as both Eliot’s hands are used to hold his wrists down over his head once more and only Eliot’s body lying on top of Tony holds the desperate Italian down.

“Two minutes is all I ask, Tony. He’ll come to the door and you’ll tell him you’re fine. You’ll call him later when you’re feeling better. Say it. Say it, Tony,” Eliot demands, pulling out his patented 'hitter' glare.

“I’m fine. I’ll call him later,” Tony whines, understanding what Eliot is telling him to do. “It hurts, Eliot!”

“I know, babe. Where does it hurt you most?”

“It hurts inside, El. I need you in me, please hurry!”

“You talk to Gibbs and I’m all yours, lover,” Eliot jumps off the bed with a quick whip of the sheets, making sure to leave Tony mostly covered, as if the smell of sex isn’t obvious enough. He also underestimats the quickness of Tony’s hands which somehow catch the bottom of his t-shirt and pull, ripping both shirts over Eliot’s head and leaving him topless. It’s too late to throw something on as Eliot hears movement towards the doors and turns just in time to see Gibbs bust open the door with a strong shoulder and an angry glare.

“Move away from the bed. Tony? How you doing in here?” Gibbs asks with his sig sauer trained on Eliot who just stares at Gibbs from where he stands besides the bed in nothing but a pair of jeans, panting and looking almost as debauched as Tony who actually tries to do his job but has trouble between gasps for breath. Gibbs takes in Eliot’s kiss swollen lips, the flush from cheeks to chest, and the impressive bulge beneath his denim, amazed at what the facts clearly point to.

“S’okay, Gibbs. Friends.” Tony doesn’t seem to be able to say much else, but he pulls at Eliot’s pant leg to get his attention, remaining as quiet as he can for as long as he can hold out, but Gibbs is unmovable.

“Look, stop torturing the guy. He’ll call you later, Agent Gibbs. Let me help him now,” Eliot was almost pleading, but his anger wouldn’t let him. How long had this Gibbs known Tony and how close were they supposed to be? Yet, Tony couldn’t count on him to help him through this. Well, if he’s half the man Tony seems to think he is, he won’t fire Tony for being bi, Eliot guesses, not really seeing any way to explain why he’s half dressed and his naked buddy’s pulling on his leg from a tousled bed that smells like an orgy.

“And exactly how are you going to help him?” Gibbs demands of Eliot, conceding to himself that Tony is probably alright, but still feeling unexplainably protective concerning his senior agent. He feels a bit foolish as he watches Tony tug at the man’s pant leg. Gibbs admits he’s handsome, younger than Tony and has a great body. How do you think he’s going to help him, Gibbs asks himself, feeling like a naive interloper. He stands there like an unmovable wall trying to make sense of what he sees.

“Gibbs, s’okay…g’home.” After a few short pants Tony can wait no longer. He turns a glassy gaze upward to the man standing over him and manages between pants, “Eliot, …please,… fuckmepleaseEliotplease!” Tony gasps as he reaches for himself beneath the sheets and Eliot decides to follow Tony’s lead. He smirks as he unbuttons his fly and drops his pants, kicking them off so he’s stark naked and daring Gibbs to say anything. He knows he looks good and gives Gibbs a few seconds to admire his physique before speaking.

“If you’ll excuse me, I have to help out a friend,” he says, turning his back and tasting Tony’s lips, which pulls a groan from the heated man so wanton that Gibbs is almost blushing with embarrassment. Before he knows what’s going on, Eliot is between Tony’s splayed thighs devouring the lust crazed man, but it’s not enough.

“Oh please, Eliot. Makeitstop, makeitstop-“

“I know, babe. Shhhhh, I got you, darling,” Eliot soothes as he stealthily searches for lubricant and condoms. He doesn’t forget to touch Tony everywhere since the contact seems to calm Tony a bit, but in seconds he’s ready and he yanks the sheet from Tony, lining himself up at the little opening that’s only a bit puckered and swollen from earlier use.

“Let’s give them their privacy,” Morgan suggests as he gently closes the door, taking it from Gibbs’ grip in the process.

~

“I could get him a job if you don’t block it, but Tony loves NCIS. In fact, with his record, I might even be able to get him on with the BAU. We always need a seasoned investigator and Tony’s a quick study-“

“What? Tony is the best senior field agent I’ve ever had. That’s not going to change any time soon, Agent Morgan.” Gibbs explains, much to Morgan’s satisfaction. He follows the younger agents’ lead and sits down to the game and watches the Grizzlies trail the Nets for a few minutes before the noises from the bedroom become too distracting. Morgan grimaces and turns up the volume before he starts to talk.

“Look, if you’re any good at your job you’ll find all this out on your own, so I guess there’s no harm in telling you. Obviously, Tony’s bisexual and we didn’t want to out him. He switched jobs pretty regularly for a few years early on in his career and we didn’t want a repeat of that cycle.” Derek pauses at this point, wondering if Gibbs will find out everything about Tony’s condition. He waits for Gibbs to fill the silence with questions, but realizes he’s working with a seasoned interrogator when Gibbs just listens. “Our boy has a genetic mutation that causes him to go through a fertility cycle every few years. It’s basically a week of emotional and physical sensitivity, accompanied by bouts of fever, internal cramping, swelling. The whole thing is accompanied by the overwhelming need to mate and procreate.”

“So you’re helping him by not letting him knock up some random woman?” Gibbs asks, not quite following Morgan’s story.

“Something like that, Gibbs. Look, if we weren’t here for Tony, the results could be catastrophic. I mean, Tony would be a great dad, but I think it would cramp his style, if you know what I mean,” Derek laughs and Gibbs smiles, imagining Tony as a dad.

“Why you?”

“What do you mean, Gibbs?”

“Tony’s never had a problem getting a date, Morgan. You expect me to believe that Tony can’t find a couple of guys to spend the weekend with him?” Gibbs didn’t buy it. Mostly because he would’ve been first in line had he known what Tony needed, but that wasn’t something he was going to let Morgan in on. “He doesn’t want to get some girl pregnant, so he has sex with guys? It makes no sense.” Gibbs just stares at Morgan and waits for the real story. Eventually Morgan sighs and caves in.

“Anthony’s genetic anomaly allows him to conceive. During this…rutting phase he wouldn’t be interested in sex with a woman because the fertility cycle requires another male to procreate. What he needs now are partners who he can trust to be responsible and protected since it’s the last thing on his mind right now. If he went back to picking up random guys in the club we’d have little DiNozzos running around here in no time,” Morgan laughs, turning his attention to the game and allowing his words to sink in. Gibbs looks skeptical, but remains silent and pretends to watch the game for a few minutes but can’t ignore the sounds of ecstasy seeping through the door. He stands abruptly.

“You leaving?”

“Yeah. I’ll be back to talk to Tony.”

“You know he really looks up to you, right? Can he depend on your discretion?” Gibbs just nods and shows himself out, dialing the first number that comes to mind as he grimaces on a bad knee down four flights of stairs.

“Abs. You still at work? What can you tell me about male pregnancy? And tell McGee to find out who Derek Morgan and Eliot Spencer are- Morgan’s FBI and Spencer’s a mercenary, maybe ex-military. I’ll be there in twenty.”
End Notes:
I own NOTHING except your generous reviews...
Looking Out for Friends by joblo
Author's Notes:
Eliot joked light heartedly, not wanting to act like it didn’t just happen. He looked over at Tony who had collapsed onto his back and was no longer struggling for air. “Tony? Tony!” Even in the dimly lit bedroom, Eliot immediately realized that Tony wasn’t breathing...
Abby bristled as she did the background checks Gibbs had ordered. There was just no way she was passing on such sensitive information to McGee and she planned on letting Gibbs have it as soon as she could talk to him without the threat of that ‘click’ waiting to cut her off. Morgan had been easy enough. His background was similar to Tony’s with its sports jock, police aspects, but Morgan was a bit more academic and focused on moving up the ladder.

Eliot was another matter. Eliot Spencer didn’t even exist before 1998 and those records didn’t even start in the United States. She was pretty sure he was the Davis Kempstead renowned for feeding a German arms dealer to the dogs the man hired to guard his own guns. Or reviled, depending on your point of view. Derek Morgan had taken twenty minutes to vet but she’d spent the last three hours running down leads on Eliot Spencer or Davis Kempstead or whoever this guy really was. She was just about ready to call it a night when she heard the ever present question.

“What ya got, Abs?” Words she would’ve sworn were accompanied by a whiff of bourbon if she didn’t know better.

“Nada. Well, something, but not much. I mean, I’ve been working pretty hard here, Gibbs and this Spencer character… well, he’s like the bogeyman or something if you believe half of what I found on him,” Abby went on rambling without a breath until Gibbs cut her off.

“What did you find?”

“Derek Morgan’s an open book. He’s pretty much your FBI golden boy, ex-jock. Father killed in the line of duty with Chicago PD. Still has mom and three sisters in Chicago and seems pretty stable. High marks in EOD training led to placement on the NY bomb squad division and he’s shot up in the FBI ranks since then. Currently he works with Hotchner’s distinguished BAU team though he’s been offered his own team and has even had a stint as lead of the BAU team in the past. Kind of a caramel version of Tony.”

“And Spencer?” Gibbs asks in a way that made it obvious that the young mercenary was the real concern.

“Have you been drinking, Gibbs?”

“I’ve been thinking. In the basement. Why?” He was obviously annoyed, but Abby wasn’t moved.

“You NEVER drink at work. What’s going on, Gibbs? You even asked me to have McGee do this background check and we both know Tony wouldn’t appreciate that. Do you think Tony’s friends are dangerous? Cause I gotta tell you, Morgan’s a poster boy for the FBI and I’m pretty sure Spencer’s an animal lover…”

“So there’s nothing to worry about?”

“I didn’t say that. Spencer has a colorful past, but I’m not sure how that relates to Tony.” She looks at Gibbs, assessing his mood and realizes this is more personal than she thought. “Just how close are Tony and Eliot?” Gibbs just looked at her, refusing to give her any information. He wanted to say, ‘Tony’s sleeping with him’. But that wasn’t accurate. “Tony’s begging to be fucked by him,’ was a better assessment of what Gibbs saw, but he couldn’t share such personal information about anyone, let alone Tony.

“Tell me about Eliot,” is what he settled on saying, but it was Abby’s turn to be close-mouthed. She shut down all her beloved machines and grabbed her steel purse and biker jacket, ignoring the Gibbs glare until it was accompanied by a growl. “Abs!”

“If you want information on Eliot, you’ll just have to come have a drink with me, Gibbs, and she walked out of the lab, followed by an angry marine.

Fifteen minutes later they were at the closest pub, surrounded by the night crowd and only a few of the people they saw everyday sprinkled in for flavor. Abby had been talking non-stop about all the interesting things she’d found on Eliot Spencer and she only took a breath when her first shot of Jager arrived accompanied by a Jagerbomb and Gibbs’ beer.

“So Spencer is a criminal,” he assessed a bit too simplistically for Abby’s tastes.

“Hey! I don’t even know if all the stuff I found is true. I’m certain some of its made up- I mean, sure, he’s wanted in twenty-seven of the thirty-one Mexican states, but for last few years he’s been working with a guy named Ford out of Boston- this guy has kind of a Robin Hood vibe, if you know what I mean. So, no, I would say he’s probably not a criminal per se…” She stopped to take a swig of the Jagerbomb and study Gibbs who was staring into the mirrored wall behind the bartender.

“Any warrants for his arrest stateside?”

“Don’t even think about it, Gibbs!” Abby warned just as his phone began to ring.

~

“Nikki. Thanks for meeting us down here on such short notice. I’m sure you have something you’d rather be doing on a Friday night.” McGee greeted after waving to flag the agent over to his table. They’d found a corner booth in the dimly lit bar and waited for the intelligence agent while discussing how best to solicit her assistance.

“Tell me about it! I’ve been meaning to disinfect the soles of my boots for weeks now and I final-“ she stopped at the questioning looks from both McGee and David. “Anyway, I’m always glad to help. What’s up?” Ziva came up with an interesting tale, mixed in with a bit of harmless blackmail to add to the persuasion, but McGee insisted on the truth. Just not the whole truth.”

“Well,” Ziva started, “we need help accessing some personnel files and you are the only trustworthy person we know who will keep a secret.”

“I won’t do anything illegal. Is this for Gibbs, because I’d feel better if he-“

“It’s not for Gibbs, Nikki. Look, it’s for our team. And Tony, okay? And, I know you’re gonna ask why can’t I just get it myself, but the new safeguards they’ve enacted send red flags through the system whenever I hack which I have to do because Tony is my senior agent-“

“Wait. You want me to help you access DiNozzo’s personnel file? What are you looking for?” Jardine demanded.

“Nothing too personal. Just family health issues, leave requests, you know, anything interesting or noteworthy,” Ziva said easily, as if it were no big deal. “Right,” McGee piggybacked, “you have a higher clearance level since you’re an intel analyst. The system allows you to look all you want. We’re just hoping you’ll let us have a look too.”

“Sounds harmless enough, but I don’t know. Why not just ask Tony what you want to know?”

“Nikki, we are a team, but sometimes we… forget who we can trust. We just need to remind Tony that we are here for him, not force information out of him. If there is nothing questionable, we will drop the matter, right McGee?”

“Of course,” he gave a genuine smile that obviously relaxed agent Jardine enough for her to be candid.

“Be honest with me. This may seem like nothing but people have been fired for less. What are you looking for? I like Tony. I don’t mind helping you out, but I’m not giving you access to my code. Tell me what you’re looking for and I’ll find it if it’s there to be found.”

~

Several hours and two naps after Gibbs had left, Tony was still going strong. Morgan hadn’t been called to ‘take one for the team’ since Eliot arrived but that was alright with him. He was finishing a movie, but he couldn’t help laughing at the couple making the furniture creak in the room next to him. The last thirty minutes Derek listened to Tony’s whining complaints, then the whirr of a heavenly toy if he could judge by Tony’s moans of approval.

It had been quiet for a few minutes so that Derek wondered if they were finished for the night.

~

“Almost. Don’tstopEl. Yeah, right there,” Tony panted with each thrust of the short, curved vibrator Eliot stabbed Tony’s prostate with over and over again. He kneeled on the bed behind Tony’s uplifted ass, massaging his well muscled butt and caressing Tony’s flanks much like he would an anxious mare. Eliot noticed the shortness of breath, but he wasn’t convinced it was anything more than the regular excitement of overexcited endorphins.

Still, he wanted Tony to stop talking and come already. He was hoping the Tony would sleep through the night after coming fourteen times since that afternoon. Of course, by now there was very little cum left, but Tony managed a few wet spurts with every orgasm. This one was no different.

“ Sshhhh, Tony. Just relax. I’m not gonna stop, okay? I’m right here, “ Eliot promises from behind, focusing the vibrating silicone on just the right nodule of nerves until Tony’s breath hitches and a short grunt accompanies his jerking cock.
“Whoa,” Eliot says, sounding to Tony like he’s suddenly stopping a horse. Caught a little off guard, Eliot reaches between Tony’s legs to milk his cock, encouraging and prolonging the orgasm, but it’s over so quickly that he realizes it was just a prelude to the big finale. Eliot pauses, caressing his lovers’ body, rubbing everywhere to give Tony a chance to catch his breath. Tony’s face is ruddy and he whimpers in frustration. He collapses to his side, reaching around to grab hold of the base of the vibrator and fuck himself frantically. Eliot sympathized with the still stiff cock trembling at half mast as Tony fucked and rubbed. Tony was whhezing and, Eliot remembered Gibbs’ warning and had to admit to himself that all was not right with Tony. The older man was struggling for breath and trying to ignore it all until Eliot batted his hands away and reclaimed his control of the vibrator. He pushed him onto his side and forced half a glass of water down his throat, all the while gently massaging Tony’s aching prostate with the stubby toy. The glass shook so that Eliot had to grab it and set it back on the nightstand before Tony spilled it on the bed.

This was all it took to remind Eliot of Tony’s fragile state and to strengthen his resolve to get Tony to sleep. He was glad to note that Tony’s breathing had improved a bit since he turned on his side and it was then that Eliot decided to fuck Tony in that position. Eliot kissed tanned shoulders and sweaty neck as he worked the humming shaft in and out of Tony’s ass in shallow, brutal thrusts. The he put the flat of his palm against the base and rotated his hand so that the constant vibrating pressure drove the Italian mad. Tony’s low, continuous moan was broken by sobs when the painful pleasure disappeared.

“Wha-“

“Sshhhh, it’s okay, Tony. See?” Eliot assured his friend as he removed the silicone and hurriedly replaced it with the broad and respectable length of his own cock. Tony began to come apart, shaking and whimpering and turning to kiss Eliot sloppily while grinding down hard on the hard flesh. “Shit! I forgot the condom,” Eliot groused, pulling out until he felt Tony’s ass tighten around him and a clammy hand squeeze his most sensitive bits.

“Don’t you fucking dare,” Tony spat out, using the flesh in his hand like a lever. After a few seconds, when it became obvious that Tony wasn’t going to let go of his control, Eliot waved the condom packet in front of Tony’s face.

“It’ll take two seconds, Tony. Just let me-“

“No,” he punctuated with a well aimed poke as if Eliot’s cock was just another toy. Each jolt made Tony’s skin tingle and his heart skip a beat so that Tony knew this was it. He just wanted it to end. With Eliot in Tony’s vice grip, it didn’t take long to convince him to forget about the condom. He would give Tony the hardest fuck of his life and somehow manage to not come himself. He hoped that would be good enough. Eliot grimaced at the jerk of his balls when Tony responded to a well aimed thrust of his hips. Tony moaned piteously as he tried to fuck himself on the thick cock at just the right angle with little luck.

“Sshhh, baby, I gotcha. Let me,” Eliot soothed against the back of Tony’s neck, putting one hand over the fist clutching his balls and the other grabbing Tony’s hip and pinning it to the bed.

“Pleasepleaseplease,” Tony chanted, refusing to release his captive and Eliot knew he didn’t want to try to pry the unreasoning fingers free. No, Tony would have to let go and he would, as soon as he realized that Eliot was going to take care of him. Eliot’s hips sank down low as he aimed a smooth, long stroke directly at Tony’s spot. “O-oh, mio dio,” Tony whispered, sounding like a creaking door, his hand instantly releasing Eliot and bracing himself against the corner of the bed with one hand gripping the head board and the other tangled in the sheets and clutching the edge of the mattress. Eliot was happy to oblige and was suddenly on his knees over Tony’s sideways figure, holding up one of Tony’s legs until he was in the perfect position for pounding just the right spot.

Minutes felt like hours. Towards the end, when Tony was frustrated and Eliot was praying that the climax was within reach, Tony’s soft sobs took him by surprise. He marveled at Tony’s vulnerability, glad that nobody else got to see him like this. This was his Tony and not even Derek could take care of Tony the way Eliot did. He talked Tony through the last few intense moments. “Breathe with me, Tony. That’s it, now, relax and let it come.”

“I can’t,” Tony whined as he violently met each thrust with single-minded purpose. Eliot continued to pound away, but after a couple minutes of astounding accuracy, Tony was still whimpering on the edge, waiting to be pushed over. Eliot knew Tony well enough to know what he needed. Talk. Tony liked dirty talk and he’d like it even more coming from Eliot because Eliot didn’t do dirty talk. Actually, Eliot didn’t do much talk at all during sex with the exception of snippets of regular conversation and the odd joke here and there.

Eliot cursed the fact that this wasn’t a skill he had mastered. Tony had long ago stopped begging for it during sex, but he’d playfully bring it up any other time. Eliot didn’t even have anything against talking dirty, it just didn’t come naturally to him and he never had a lover demand it of him. Now, he had to do something. “Tell me what you need, Tony,” he hissed, desperately concentrating on not coming himself. He stopped.

“W-whatthefu-“

“I’m gonna take care of you, Tony. It’s okay,” Eliot rumbled in a strong voice that helped calm the wide-eyed glare that Tony was giving him. Eliot didn’t pull out. He rubbed at just the right spot relentlessly as he began to talk. “Mmmm, I like it when your eyes roll back like that. Is it good, Tony?” He asked, drawing circles with his cock on that part of Tony’s that wouldn’t stop aching while holding his hips immobile.

“S’different,” he gasped, still trying to fuck despite Eliot’s command of his hips.

“Different?” Laughter was in his voice. “Different, good?”

“S’good,” Tony relented, rolling his eyes in annoyance. As fun as this was, Eliot had to admit that Tony didn’t seem much closer to coming and his breathing seemed a bit worse.

“What would make it better?”

“Don’t know,” Tony growled.

“You know. Tell me.” Eliot grunted each word.

“Mmnnn! More!”

More. More. More, Tony insisted and Eliot repeated the word in his head, trying to figure out exactly what that might be. “We tried harder and faster don’t work either, Tony. I think we need to try more… intense.”

“N-n-nononononooooo,” Tony begged, knowing exactly what Eliot’s idea of intense was. This visit, it was a bumpy purple bullet shaped like a bean. Eliot called it the atomic bullet and it was disconcertingly…intense was the only word Tony found appropriate. “No, El! Just you, okay? I just need you,” Tony moaned.

“You need something else.”

“No, El, please. Please, Eliot.” Tony was beginning to sound frantic at the thought of being stimulated by the bullet and Eliot was getting frustrated. He was sure his plan to use the bullet and his mouth on Tony would make the Italian come. The fact that he wouldn’t be tempted to accidentally impregnate his friend was a great advantage as well, but Eliot was starting to have second thoughts about his plan. Tony was still gibbering and Eliot had to make it stop.

“Tony. Tony! Listen to me, Tony!”

“YesEliot,”

“Open your eyes. Look at me.” When Tony did, he was staring into a heady, blue-gray gaze demanding his attention. He’d broached the subject of dirty talk with Hardison who, thankfully didn’t give him any flack but did give him a suggestion. “Narrate. Tell her what you want to do,” Hardison said. It had been short, but educational. Now, Eliot would try to take that advice.

“Does it feel better when I hit that spot, like that?” Eliot demanded.

“Y-yessss, don’t stop,” Tony gave a frustrated sigh.

“I’m gonna slid this bullet in you and put it right there,” he poked a scream from Tony to demonstrate where, “so I can fuck you with my tongue while I stroke you off.” Eliot spit in his hand then stroked Tony from root to tip. “Don’t you want me to get you off?”

“Yessss,” Tony whined piteously, dissatisfied with the slow fuck Eliot was giving him, even if that thick cock did have impeccable aim. But Eliot could see how excited his words made Tony and he tried to think of what to say next.

“Mmmm, I know. You complain, but you like the bullet. You love when I turn it all the way up and it makes you want to scream,” Eliot said, knowingly switching the toy on and rubbing it across Tony’s lips. “Lick it,” and Tony does. Then he sucks at it, moaning when Eliot deprives his lips of the toy’s rumbling kisses. It moves along his jaw, down his throat, playing with Tony’s pulse which speeds up when the moist vibration reaches his nipples. They’re already hard and Eliot bites one while engulfing the other with the bean shaped toy. It’s a bit awkward with Tony on his side, but Eliot makes it work, stifling a gasp as he dodges one of Tony’s insistent thrusts. He runs the bullet randomly across Tony’s body, down his stomach, over his sides, up his legs, and down his back until it rests behind Tony’s balls, making him hum the most wanton moans Eliot has ever heard. “You wanna come?”

“Yesplease.”

“Lube the bullet,” Eliot said, holding it out to Tony who just looks at it, dazed. Eliot could have done it himself, but he needed this act of consent. He sighed when he realized after a few seconds that Tony wasn’t quite ready, but he knew his lover was close. He slowly sucked the bullet into his mouth. “You like when I suck your cock?”

“You know,” Tony groans, still trying to rotate or thrust his hips. Anything but the slow bump of that thick bluntness! But Eliot somehow constricted his movement, leaving him whining and near tears.

“I know, baby.” Eliot replied and then he had a thought. “I bet you’d really like it if Gibbs would suck your cock. Look at the head of your dick- its purple. Did you see the way he looked at you, Tony? He eyed your cock like he was going to put his tongue in the slit and then lick the head like a lollipop.” He said, stroking the cock and allowing Tony to fuck into his hand. “I could see it in his eyes; he was jealous. He wanted to shoot me and stuff his fat cock up your ass. He wants you all to himself,” Eliot bit out the words so they matched the vicious thrusts and strokes he was giving Tony. He slapped Tony’s ass and Tony cried out in surprise.

“Eliot!”

“When you think about fucking Gibbs, does he slap your ass?” Eliot demands, giving another loud smack that makes Tony’s breath hitch.

“Yeah.”

“What do you call him?”

“Boss,” Tony huffs, clearly ambivalent but excited at this new line of questioning.

“What else?” The stroking and the jabbing continues and Eliot adds the unused bullet to his stroking hand so it massages the underside of Tony’s shaft where the head meets the trembling rod and Tony comes apart.

“Sir, Gunny… Daddy,” Tony finally adds, embarrassed but somehow relieved. “Oh. Oh, daddy. Oh, GibbsGibbsGibbsGibbs,” Tony chants, all petrified and aching muscles.

“That’s it, babe, let it come.” Then Tony rutted wantonly until he jerked and he swore and finally, he came.

~

“That was pretty fucked up, big-daddy. Making me talk about the other man?” Eliot joked light heartedly, not wanting to act like it didn’t just happen. He looked over at Tony who had collapsed onto his back and was no longer struggling for air. “Tony? Tony!” Even in the dimly lit bedroom, Eliot immediately realized that Tony wasn’t breathing so he breathed into his mouth and started chest compressions. After about thirty seconds, Tony was gasping for air. “Tony? We’re gonna get you some help- Derek!” Eliot shouted to the other room. “Call 911.” Eliot said in a calm voice once he had the other man’s attention.

“M’ okay,” was all Tony could manage, but Eliot ignored his protests, gently reassuring him. “That’s right, you’re gonna be fine and we’ll have your transport here in no time. Now, I know you’re tired, but we’re gonna have to get you cleaned up and presentable, don’t you think?”

“Okay,” Tony agreed, still fighting for each breath.

“No more talking,” and Eliot took the warm wash cloth from Derek who went about clearing away lube and condom wrappers as he repeated Tony’s address to the person on the other end of the line.

~

“Gibbs.” He answered, recognizing the number as coming from Bethesda Hospital. “How is he? Is he stable?... I’ll be right there,” Gibbs says, flipping his phone closed and setting two twenties on the bar. “Finish your drink, Abs, then go home. You need your rest,” he said, kissing her temple and disappearing from the bar before Abby could get a single question past her stunned lips.

“Oh no you don’t! Al,” she said, slapping the bar to get the bartender’s attention then moving towards the exit. If Tony was in the hospital, she was going and Gibbs was in no shape to drive.

~

Some familiar, too often sampled song blares through the bar and Ziva sighs in consternation. “I hate American music!” She rails.

“Whoa! That’s a blanket statement that is hardly fair, Ziva. Besides, you’re just mad because Jardine didn’t do exactly what you wanted.” McGee guessed.

“Nikki is a good agent. And, for the record, it was your plan to get her code and access the system remotely. Besides, I am sure she will find whatever there is to be found when she looks into Tony’s personnel files.”

“Right. There’s probably nothing to find anyway,” Tim reasoned. He found it hard to imagine that Tony could have a deep, hidden secret, but he mentally slapped himself in the head for that foolish thought. After all, Tony was so quick to volunteer information about himself that it was obvious that he was covering or at least deflecting from the truth. He knew Ziva always suspected Tony of hiding something and being, generally sneaky. It was one reason she liked him so much and now, McGee revisited his initial assessment of Ziva as paranoid. He looked across the table at his partner, but she was staring at the bar.

“Wait here,” she said and slipped away towards the bathroom. When she came back there was a glint in her eye that made McGee more than a little apprehensive. “Come. We go to Bethesda,” she said in a tone that brooked no argument.

~
The Ruse and the Steal by joblo
Author's Notes:
"You’re Special Agent Leroy Jethro Gibbs. You can do anything, right? And now you’re going to replace Eliot." Morgan had no patience for being anything other than direct.
Tim followed Ziva apprehensively. “What’s happened? Is Tony at Bethesda? Something was off today, but I didn’t think he was actually sick. Boss must know something…” Tim trailed off as he swept in front of his partner to push the door open for her while pulling out his cell.

“Do not call Gibbs,” Ziva insisted, grabbing his phone before he could touch the screen. She looked down the street both ways as he pulled them away from the flickering lights of the bar’s entrance. The street was littered with groups of kids, couples, friends; it was Friday night. When Ziva stopped near a tree and whipped them around so their backs faced the street, Tim got tired of being left out of the loop.

“Okay, Ziva. From whom are we hiding?” Tim’s sigh was annoyed and he crossed his arms with his fingers poised to use the phone, obviously refusing to move until he got something more.

“Just a precaution, McGee.” Tim started to use his phone again and Ziva stuttered into speech. “I-I am n-ot positive of what is going on, but I am positive something is going on,” she said, peering around the tree in time to catch the black 1960’s hot rod hearse make a right three blocks down. “I saw Gibbs and Abby leave the bar. He said something about Bethesda, I think, and they were off.” She finished, looking at Tim expectantly.

“I’m glad I drove,” Tim sighed, making his way to where they parked around the corner.

“You always drive because you love being the dictator designator-“

“The what?”

“The person with the power who makes the rules and holds the keys-“

“Designated driver. And it’s not fun to be the one who can’t drink, but last time Tony was the designated driver, he kept sneaking beers with the guys doing pitchers at the pool tables and when it was Abby, Tony kept slipping her Jagerbombs. Are you saying I’m on some power trip?” Tim asks, opening the door of the Jaguar and waiting patiently as Ziva stares at him with a stubborn smirk across her lips. “We can stand here all night not following your lead or you can get your hind parts in this car and stop wasting my time,” Tim said in a calm and commanding tone, answering her shock with an easy smile of his own. “Do you honestly think I need the pretense of ‘designated driver’ to play at being in control?” He shut his door and looked at Ziva as the car came to a quiet hum of a start. She looked at him and there was no mask of the timid agent, aiming to please. There was only the surety that comes with superior knowledge and skills and … sex. She gasped and, immediately embarrassed, looked straight ahead. Tim’s gaze filled with lust and, with a knowing smile, he began to talk. “We all play our roles, Ziva. Do you honestly think there is room for three alpha males on this team? And of course, you’re more alpha than both of them in some ways- at least you try to be. Don’t worry; I think you’ve got them fooled,” he laughed, pulling into traffic.

“I assure you, I don’t know what you are talking about, McGee, but I did not mean to offend you or suggest that you are powerle-“

“Of course not. We won’t discuss it anymore,” Tim said, managing to sound upbeat and forgiving yet commanding and threatening in the same breath. Ziva turned her confused glare to the window, thinking it unwise to aim it at this new Timothy McGee. She obeyed in silence.

~

When they walked into the dimmed room, Eliot was glad to see that Tony had his own space and that he was still sleeping. All the lights were out except the one on the nightstand, casting Tony’s face and all the beeping machines, frightening machines in a garish light.- He was kind of freaked out about the breathing machine. That wasn’t right. Tony looked so rested and comfortable that Eliot had to smile and wonder how long it would last before he was rutting and horny again. Eliot knew it was a horrible ordeal for Tony to endure, but it made him hot to think of Tony so desperate, needing him and demanding to be fucked. He suspected that Tony was finished with his fertility cycle except for the less urgent anatomical pops and fizzes he may have the next couple days. He hoped so because Bethesda Memorial Trauma was no place for loud and raunchy sex. Morning wood he could deal with, but frantic fucking throughout the day and night was something else altogether. He gave a sigh of relief, hoping Tony was sedated.

“Don’t think you’re out of the woods just yet. We’re letting the machine breath for him for another few hours but when he wakes up we’ll get to see if his lungs are functioning or not, boys. How did it get this bad?” The doctor in blue scrubs stamped ‘property of Bethesda Memorial’ asked as he emerged from comfortable looking chair in the darkened corner.

“We didn’t know about his lungs. We didn’t notice anything was wrong until he stopped breathing, right Eliot?” Derek demanded, calling his name to stir him out of his thoughts. Eliot looked up from Tony and gave a quick but certain nod. “We’re worried, doctor. How bad is it and why is he on all these machines?”

“Where’s Gibbs?” The doctor asked, before giving his prognosis.

“What the hell’s that supposed to mean?” Eliot growled, stepping up to confront the doctor who towered several inches above him.

“Let’s start over,’ he smiled. “I’m Brad Pitt- no relation to the… forget it,” he thought better of it. By the look of the crazed, stocky man he wasn’t far from being assaulted. His friend seemed much more reasonable, but he was the one carrying the gun and he hadn’t identified himself. “I’ve been Tony’s doctor since he injured his lungs. Whenever I’ve checked on him in the hospital before, Gibbs and the team has been with him. I just assumed Gibbs would be here. And you are?” Dr. Pitt asked as he held a hand out to Derek who immediately shook and played his part.

“Agent Derek Morgan and this is Eliot Spencer. We’re old friends of Tony’s and his team’s not here because he wasn’t at work when this happened. Now, we need to know what’s wrong with our friend, doctor.” Derek looked expectantly at Dr. Pitt who looked around himself then sighed and smiled at the men.

“Well, Tony lungs were on their way to shutting down. There was swelling that ultimately caused the obstruction but that’s steadily going down and we’re keeping an eye out to make sure his vitals improve.”

“That’s real vague of you, doctor. We ain’t dumb; tell us what’s wrong. His lungs are damaged already from the plague, right? Is that why he’s susceptible to whatever the hell this is?” Eliot demanded, staring down Dr. Pitt like he wanted to put his fist in the taller man’s skull.

“I don’t know either of you, so there’s no way I’m going to give you details about Tony’s condition without his consent. If his team were here, that’d be different…”

“Look, doc, what can we do? When do you expect him to wake up?” Derek asked, giving a warning glare to his acquaintance. Just then Eliot’s phone rings and Derek smirks at the Mission Impossible ringtone. “I gotta take this. Find something out!” Eliot says and stalks out the private room and down the hall toward the stairwell for privacy. Derek turns on his Agent Morgan charm and looks at Dr. Pitt.

“I can tell you he’s sedated so he’ll be out for at least another hour. I’m hoping he’ll sleep through the night so we can leave the respirator on and let his lungs rest a bit. When he wakes up we’ll turn it off. There’s nothing to do but to be here when he wakes- and call- well speak of the devil.”

“Are you saying I’m evil Brad?”

“Not quite evil, but definitely scary, Gibbs. Am I glad to see you- I was about to call you myself.”

“Why didn’t you?” Gibbs was a master at small talk and his voice was light hearted and friendly, flaunting his familiarity with the doctor in Derek’s face. The FBI agent just smiled placidly, awaiting the prognosis he knew was seconds away. He watched as Gibbs approached the bed, looking at the chart hanging from the foot of it and inspecting the machines like he knew what he was looking at. The girl in the black cape would’ve been lugubrious in her mourning if she weren’t so damned sincere. She was obviously worried and near tears.

“I just figured I’d wait here for you, but these guys showed up and I wondered if you even knew he was here.”

“I knew. Just a bit late. So what’s happening, Dr. Pitt?”

“I was hoping someone could tell me. From what I can tell, it looks like an allergic reaction that caused massive inflammation in his lungs. We’ve treated it with epinephrine and the swelling has reversed. His lungs are improving and I hope to see him back to normal by morning.”

“But what caused it? And how do we stop it from happening again?” Gibbs demands, needing more.

“I don’t know. Our best bet is to talk to Tony when he wakes up and see if he ate or did anything different today.”

“Or we can just talk to whoever he was with,” Abby points out, eying Morgan who raises his hands in surrender.

“I know nothing, but I’ll tell you whatever you think will help. He’s been with me since about three and he’s eaten a ham and turkey sandwich and water. That’s it-“

“Where’s Eliot?” Gibbs growls so that Derek does a double take.

“He had to take a call but I’m sure he’ll be back soon.” Morgan noticed that Gibbs didn’t like his answer, but the older man focused on something else.

“I assume this respirator is just temporary, doctor.” Gibbs said before Dr. Pitt could leave.

“Right. Just giving his lungs a rest. When Tony came in his breathing was so labored that we had to use it until we brought the swelling down. Now he’s resting so we’ll just let it stay. I have no reason to suspect he’ll still have a problem breathing once all the swelling is gone. I’m headed back to surgery, but I’ll be around when he wakes up. Have the nurse call me.”

“Will do, Brad. Thanks.”

“Oh, Gibbs. He looks so tired. What have you done to him?” She demanded, pointing an accusing finger at Morgan.

“For the last time, I did nothing to Tony, Abby. It’s Abby, right? I’ve heard a lot about you,” Derek held out his hand and Abby automatically shook it a bit distractedly.

“I know about you too,” Abby admitted. “Well now, I know all about you.” She noticed Morgan’s raised brow and smirk of interest. “And I know that you wouldn’t hurt Tony on purpose, but I need to know what you actually did to put him in the hospital.”

“Abby, the doctor says it looks like some allergic reaction, right? As far as I know, Tony didn’t do anything out of the ordinary.”

“As far as you know? What does that mean, Supervisory Special Agent Morgan?” Abby demanded with a sinister glint in her eyes.

“It means,” Gibbs voice sounded like cut glass, “find Eliot Spencer.”

~

“Aha! A black hearse!” Ziva shouted, startling Tim so that he glanced at her sideways as he rolled past the main entrance to Bethesda.

“Not just any hearse: Abby’s Flame Noir.” Tim said as he pulled into the first available parking spot and jumped out the car in seconds with Ziva in step with him. “She’s double parked. It must be urgent,” Tim mumbles, hurrying to the sliding doors where he catches Ziva who seems to trip over some guy arguing with himself.

“Wait a minute,” Ziva moved into the doorway, letting the doors slid shut as she watched the man stalk further and further away. “I forgot my phone in your car. You go find Tony- I’ll be right behind you,” she said, holding her hand out for Tim’s keys. Weird, Tim thought, but he was more concerned with finding out why Gibbs and Abby were at Bethesda.

“Ah, I think my friend has been admitted- Anthony DiNozzo,” Tim said, leaning on the information desk as he looked over his shoulder for Ziva. She was nowhere to be found.

“Room 756,” the silver haired lady smiled.

~

“Eliot had to take an important call. I’m sure he’ll be back any minute now,” Derek assured.

“So this Eliot is the one to talk to? Because I’ll go find him. Don’t you leave, SSA Morgan. You two play nice,” Abby warned, walking out of the room and away from the beeps and hisses of the machines.

“If this is how you take care of your friends, I’d hate to be your enemy,” Gibbs said with a deceptive smile.

“Oh, I think you’d feel those shoes quite comfortably, Gibbs. But despite what you may believe, I am not the enemy. Neither is Spenser. We may not have known about Tony’s lungs, but we weren’t negligent. Eliot says nothing clued him into the fact that Tony was in danger and I can attest to the fact that Tony was talking just moment before he stopped breathing.”

“I told you he needed a doctor,” Gibbs said. “Now I’m telling you he doesn’t need your help anymore-“

“It’s killing you to know that Tony has another life. A life you don’t know about. One he hasn’t shared with you. I’m here for Tony and I leave when Tony asks me to- not when you give the order, Gibbs.”

Gibbs’ face was unreadable, but Derek didn’t begin to think that meant there wasn’t a storm brewing beneath all that pathological calm. “What I can’t understand is how you failed to hear about Tony almost dying if you’re such a good friend. See, I was having a hard time buying this nicely packaged story you’ve presented then I realized that I never really got a chance to talk to Tony- not when he was lucid anyway. For all I know he could’ve been drugged at his apartment.”

“If you thought that you would’ve shot me this afternoon.”

“This afternoon, I thought Tony might be in danger. Now, I know he is and there’s no way in hell I’m letting you take him home. I’ll post a protective detail if I have to, but I’m not leaving him unsupervised.”

“So now I’m a threat to Tony?” But something in Gibbs’ assessing look let Derek know that he was less concerned about him than he was about Eliot. After all, Derek Morgan was a model government employee. It was Spenser who had all the dirt in his background. “Look, Eliot isn’t really what he appears to be and he’d never hurt Tony. But I guess you’d have to find that out yourself-“

“Gibbs!” Tim exclaimed charging into the room with a reluctant Abby in tow. “I was hoping I’d find you here even though Abby swore you weren’t even at the hospital,” then Tim stopped abruptly when he noticed Tony. “What happened? Is he going to be okay?”

“His lungs collapsed. The doctor thinks it was some sort of allergic reaction, but they don’t really know anything. They think he’ll be better in the morning, Abby explained. “But we’re gonna find out what happened, cause something is definitely hinky, McGee. As soon as I find this Eliot Spenser character, I’ll … I’ll find out what really happened,” Abby finished, leaning out the doorway and looking down the corridor. “He’s like, 5.9 with shoulder length dirty blond hair and icy blue eyes, kinda muscular like a thug,” was all Abby got out before the description began to register with Tim.

“Where did you say this Spenser went?” he asked.

“He got a call. He’ll be right back.” Morgan sighed, getting tired of calming everyone down.

“Not if we don’t get to him in time,” Tim muttered loud enough for the room to hear him, but he took off down the hall, not bothering to waste time explaining.

~

Ziva was sure she’d heard the name Eliot Spenser in the bar and she could tell by the way Gibbs reacted that he didn’t trust the man. Why else would he have Abby do a background check? Was this man trying to hurt Tony? Was he at the hospital to finish the job? The only thing Ziva was sure of was that she heard, “Now, Eliot!” shouted on the phone of the bulky man she’d bumped into only a minute ago. There had been no time to explain to McGee. Besides, Ziva could tell by his gait and half a dozen other nuances that this man was trained. He was a real killer who wouldn’t have any qualms shooting her or her partner. She knew her best choice was to get Tim to safety and get in close enough to disarm this Eliot if necessary.

Ziva watched him stalk around the side of the hospital, double timing her pursuit as soon as he slipped out of view. When she came to the corner where her quarry disappeared she stopped short, catching her breath before whipping around the corner with her Glock trained on an annoyed man ten feet away.

“Nate! Nate, I hear you, but this ain’t no team job and right now, I got a trained assassin pointing a gun at me. Mossad?” He asked and Ziva couldn’t help her speculative look but her gun stayed trained on her target. He gave her his full attention while turning slightly to show he had no weapons. “I hate guns. I prefer hand to hand combat,” he said, walking slowly toward the woman aiming the gun at his chest.

“Move closer and I shoot,” the Israeli said in a calm monotone. He was six feet away now and she would tolerate no more.

“Who sent you, then? It’s been a while since director David was angry with me. Last I heard he still owed me a favor and now he sends a pretty thing like you to kill me,” Eliot turned on his most charming smile before dropping low and stepping in close enough to sweep Ziva’s feet from under her if she hadn’t jumped too quickly. Her kick meant for Eliot’s face was caught by his forearms as sprung up, pushing Ziva off balance so that she used the momentum to swing her other leg up until they both scissor around his neck, throwing him down like a seasoned wrestler.

“NCIS. Where is DiNozzo?”

“It figures. Don’t tell me- Ziva David, right?” Eliot heaved a sigh of regret. He hated hitting women, but this was worse. He wondered if Anthony would forgive him for battering his Israeli friend. He’d have to be sure to not leave a mark. “You know, I always said there’s only two things Israeli women are good for,” he smiled too comfortably from where she had him locked to the ground.

“Really? Is one of them kicking your ass?”

“So you’ve heard this joke before?” Suddenly the tables were turned and he was pinning Ziva to the concrete with his forearm against her throat when he remembered he wasn’t supposed to leave a mark. He jumped up, giving her a wider berth so that she’d have to come to him. She didn’t disappoint. She was a lightning fast blur of arms and legs, striking Eliot everywhere. He knew his forearms would be bruised from all the blocking- not to mention his ribs and legs which caught plenty of the killer’s bolts. It seemed like they’d been fighting a while, but it couldn’t have been more than a minute when she landed her first punch, followed by Eliot’s intuitive jab to the nose which he immediately regretted when he felt more than heard the crunch of her bones breaking. He hesitated just enough to catch the roundhouse kick that left his right ear ringing.

“Fight or die,” she spat blood at his feet and charged so fast that Eliot knew he should put an end to this. He pulled out the KA BAR from his boot and aimed for her heart.

~

“Abby, wait here,” was all McGee could remember saying as he dashed down the hall, taking the stairs. He scanned the entry and found no trace of Ziva so that he followed his hunch to a side entrance where he kicked an emergency door open, silently thanking God that no alarm sounded. He arrived just in time to see his bloodied partner spin around, kicking a man into the wall before whipping out one of her throwing knives. With her knife poised at the man’s throat, McGee wondered if Ziva had any idea that a seven inch blade was aimed beneath her armpit, eagerly awaiting the burst of her heart’s blood around it’s serrated edge.

“Don’t move,” McGee commanded from at least thirty feet away. He closed in swiftly, rounding the combatants so that he made eye contact with the man. “Drop your weapon!” He demanded.

“Ladies first,” Eliot insisted with a charming southern drawl that sounded more aroused than concerned for his life. Tim was shocked by his instant hatred for Eliot Spenser but he pushed this out of his mind. Ziva had recklessly pursued this dangerous man and now she was in danger.

“Drop it,” was all Gibbs said from behind Eliot, but the younger man could hear in the gravelly tone of his voice that Gibbs was looking for any excuse.

“I’ll drop it when she does,” Eliot said simply, wanting to comply more than he wanted to be killed. But he wasn’t an idiot. He didn’t trust this lot at all and he’d sooner take one in the chest than have them kill him and walk away clean. He wasn’t sure about the young agent, but Gibbs and David wanted him dead. He wasn’t at all certain he’d make it out of this alive when he heard a familiar voice.

“C’mon, Eliot, put it down. We can work this out-“

“Well, hell! It’s nice to see you, Morgan. This ain’t kosher, if you catch my meaning,” Eliot eyed Ziva and his eyes rolled sideways as if he could see Gibbs aiming the Sig Sauer at his head.

“Trust me. Drop the knife and David steps back,” Morgan said, training his gun on Gibbs so that McGee aimed at Morgan.

“Boss?” McGee asked, but Ziva didn’t bat an eye. When she heard the clatter of the KA BAR, she leaned in slowly and sniffed behind Eliot’s ear, rubbing her nose against his skin in as If relishing the scent of his anger and apprehension.

“Crazy bi-“

“Eliot, what happened?” Derek asked as Ziva slapped cuffs on the shorter man, pushing him towards Tim’s car.

“She attacked me. Why are you letting her cuff me, man. Aren’t you a federal agent with more clout than these Navy cops?”

“What are you taking him in for?” Derek would’ve asked Gibbs, but it was Ziva who seemed to be making the decisions while Gibbs just stared on with an almost blank face that Morgan could’ve sworn hid a self-satisfied smirk.

“Assaulting a federal agent. And you are?” Ziva demanded, pulling the device from Spenser’s ear and crushing it to metal and plastic shards on the concrete.

“SSA Morgan,” Derek flipped his badge and walked alongside the agents, not willing to completely relinquish control of the situation.

“We’re just taking him down for some questioning. Of course, he’ll have to sit there until Tony wakes up. There’s no way I’m leaving Bethesda before that. You understand,” This last was directed at Eliot whose cold stare made it obvious that he was seething beneath it all.

“He doesn’t want you, old man. You’re setting yourself up for disappointment,” Eliot prevaricated. He couldn’t bear to look at Derek who knew the truth; Tony would take Gibbs however he could get him. At least that’s what Eliot feared. He was second best and, deep down, he knew it. He wasn’t clueless enough to miss the similarities between himself and the seasoned detective. Before, when Gibbs was Tony’s hopeless pipe dream, Eliot never minded second place. Now that Gibbs seemed dangerously interested in his love, Eliot realized that being sent to the Navy yard meant losing the competition. Only first place gets the prize. ‘Well,’ Eliot thought, ‘I’ll be damned if I lose after all this time.’ They pushed him into the back of Abby’s hearse. “I’ll be fine,” he assured Morgan. “You stay here,” he said, eying Gibbs then giving Derek a knowing look.

“Wait with him, McGee,” and the three agents walked in silence to room 756 where they waited for Abby to agree to leave Tony and drive back to the yard.

~

“So he attacked you? Because he seems like a particularly humane guy. I think he’s an animal lover,” Abby assured Ziva sotto voce. She waited for Ziva to answer, looking in the rearview mirror at the seething man behind Ziva. Tim was watching him too and when Abby looked to the assassin for an answer she was surprised to see Ziva only had eyes for McGee. Abby glared at the pretty Israeli, wondering why she looked so intrigued. It’s not as if Timothy McGee is mysterious or dangerous, thought Abby, suddenly feeling as sullen as Spenser looked. She lost the urge to fish for information and looked straight ahead, enjoying the quiet cruise down the beltway, imagining it was just her and Flame Noir sailing through the Garden District at 3am.

Later, Abby felt compelled to watch Eliot Spenser through the glass, mostly because Ziva and McGee were watching Eliot Spenser through the glass. She joined them late after going to her lab to brood for thirty minutes on McGee’s suggestion. Eventually the wondering what they were doing kind of got to her. It was too quiet. She made her way back to the squad room then down the hall to interrogation and stepped into the room.

To say Tim didn’t even spare her a glance wouldn’t be accurate. He’d made it a point to look Abby in the eye with a questioning smile she easily read. What are you doing here, he wanted to know, but he returned his attention to Ziva who looked flustered and near tears.

“All I am suggesting is that you be more cautious, Ziva. You are no longer an international spy or a Mossad assassin. You are an NCIS agent with a team you trust.”

“Of course, McGee-“

“I don’t want lip service, Ziva. I want you to stop running into fires unnecessarily.”

After a few moments of silence a sigh filled the dimmed room and a barely heard whisper, “I will try my best-“ but Ziva’s promise was cut short by Freddy Mercury and Queen singing “we will we will rock you” until Abby picked up and said,

“Abby… He did? … O-okay,” she agreed after hearing the ubiquitous click. When she looked up, both Tim and Ziva were looking at her with questioning glares. “I’m actually gonna go home now. Because it’s late a-and there’s nothing for me to do here,” she almost seemed as if asking for permission.

“Abby, call me when you get home. I’ll stop by in the morning, all right?” Tim asked with a gentle smile as if he actually needed to.

“Tomorrow,” Abby half smiled and waved, not really wanting to leave the two of them alone. Together.

“I’ll have Jerome meet you at the elevators,” Tim said.

“Bye Abby,” Ziva offered politely for all of her distraction.

~

After Ziva and Abby left there was nobody to run interference for Gibbs and Morgan and they both seemed relieved. Gibbs inspected each machine and reviewed Tony’s charts again, not offering any information just yet.

“Careful there, Gibbs; someone might think you actually know what you’re looking at,” Morgan broke the ice.

“I do.”

“Of course you do. You’re Special Agent Leroy Jethro Gibbs. You can do anything, right? And now you’re going to replace Eliot. So tell me, Gibbs, what are you going to do when Tony wakes up horny as hell and begging for relief?” Morgan had no patience for being anything other than direct. “Because if you can’t answer that, you need to get Eliot and let him do what Tony needs him to do.”

“I’ll do whatever’s necessary to take care of Tony,” Gibbs said with certainty even though he wasn’t sure what that would be exactly. Deep in some hidden part of him, he was giddy with unbelieving excitement that he would be allowed to touch Tony in ways he’d only imagined- in ways he never even dreamed of. “But you’re here, so I’m sure Tony will be fine,” Gibbs added for good measure. He didn’t want to seem too eager, but he’d be damned if he was going to sit by and watch another man have his way with Tony.

“Right,” Morgan said, unconvinced and not fooled for a minute by Gibbs’ feigned disinterest. “He’ll wake up soon. Let’s hope his cycle has run its course. For what it’s worth, we think he started earlier this week and he finished up tonight. The next couple of days should be manageable. You may not have to do anything at all,” Morgan said, looking for Gibbs’ reaction. He smirked at the older man’s poker face and continued as they watched a restless if sedated Tony stroke himself roughly beneath the sheets. “In a few minutes he’ll wake up. Let’s hope to God he’s not in the middle of one of his ruts.”

“And what if he is,” Gibbs asked.

“Then he’ll be frantic. The only way to calm him down will be a dick up his ass and a hand stroking him- preferably not his own. But let’s hope that’s not the case; a hospital is hardly the place I want to get my groove on, if you know what I’m saying,” Derek laughed, watching Tony shift his weight from one side to another before trying turn over as he roughly handled himself. “He’s waking up. Call the nurse to get this tube out of his throat,” Derek said, moving to the other side of the bed, ready to greet Tony any second now. Gibbs pushed the button from the other side of the bed and stood back a bit but close enough for Tony to see him.

By the time his eyes fluttered open, two nurses were pushing Morgan back and steadily pulling on the tube down Tony’s throat. “How are you feeling, Anthony?” The short, middle-aged nurse asked with all the sweetness of a favorite auntie. He tried to crack a joke, but all that came out was a hacking cough. “Don’t speak, just nod” she said as the other nurse handed him a little plastic cup filled with water. Tony downed it greedily. “Are you breathing better?” Tony nodded emphatically. “Does your chest hurt?” Tony shook his head. “Hhmm. We’ll see what the tests say,” was all she said as she smiled and started making notes in his chart.

“Oh no. Nurse. I gotta go to the head,” Tony pleaded, holding himself so they wouldn’t notice how he was tenting the sheets.

“We’re done for the time being, but the tech will be in to draw blood and Dr. Pitts is on his way up so make it quick,” she admonished, following her companion and leaving the three men in silence.

“Derek. Gibbs- you called Gibbs?” Tony rasped in confusion.

“No but he was concerned so he came. It’s okay. Are you alright? Do you need me?”

“Yes. H-how long will the tests take?” Tony asked while stroking himself. Then Derek’s hands were there and two fingers were inside of Tony and searching for that spot. Once Derek found what he was looking for, he gently scratched making Tony turn his head and moan brokenly into his pillow. One hand held the sheets while the other gripped Derek’s shoulder as Tony rode out the surprisingly powerful orgasm in near silence. Tony leaned back against the slightly raised headboard breathing deeply.

“How very dignified of you- you hardly made a sound,” Derek said, knowingly. “I thought you were winding down.”

“This is winding down. It’s not as bad as before, but there’s a helluva itch down there,” he laughed it off and did his best not to look at Gibbs. Tony moaned. “Lock the door and turn off the lights so they’ll go away.”

“You know we can’t do that, Tony. You’ll just have to wait until they draw blood and the doctor looks you over. Then we’ll turn off the lights and get busy, baby boy,” Derek promised. “Besides, you said ‘it’s not as bad as before’, right? So deal with it,” he said just as the phlebotomist came into the room, allowing Derek to stealthily move to the bathroom to clean up.

Thirty minutes later Tony was squirming and Dr. Pitt was casually recalling their glory days while Tony begged for help from Gibbs and Derek who seemed to be enjoying his pleading looks a bit too much. Finally, Gibbs cut in, talking to Dr. Pitt about when Tony would be out of there and how much supervision he would need. In a few minutes, Dr. Pitt was out the door just as Morgan’s phone rang.

“Nice to meet you, Brad, and thanks for everything,” Derek said, shaking the doctor’s hand as he answered his phone. “Morgan. Hey, Penelope.” Derek could tell the other two men were listening to his conversation. It was short, but he knew they got the gist of it.

“Where’s Eliot,” Tony asked when Derek approached the bed.

“He’ll be back soon. Meanwhile, none other than Agent Leroy Jethro Gibbs will keep you company, okay?” Derek asked, wanting to make sure Tony felt safe.

“B-but, Derek. How soon will he be here? I need him now!” Tony was getting anxious and Derek knew that frantic wasn’t far away.

“Gibbs says he can help you in any way you need. But if you want, I can have the nurse give you something to sleep for a few hours and when you wake up, Eliot will be right here. Right Gibbs?” Gibbs just nodded, but Derek knew that was a grand gesture from the taciturn man.

“You’re gonna be okay and I’m gonna call as soon as I touch down at LAX, but right now, there’s a jet with my name written on it leaving Dulles in an hour,” Derek explained, combing his fingers through Tony’s hair then planting a light kiss at his temple. He looked back at Gibbs and lost all hope that the man would come through for Tony. “I’ll speak to the nurse on my way out and Eliot will be here when you open your eyes.” Derek smiled, but he felt guilty and more than a little angry. After all, hadn’t Hotchner said no cases until he came back? Something didn’t feel right, but he had a job to do and he’d do it. He just hoped Tony would be alright.

~

The Towncar pulled up to the guarded entrance at one thirty and the driver’s window rolled down to reveal a handsome, dark man with an easy smile. “You need military ID or official business to enter the navy yard, sir,” was all the guard said. The chauffer just smiled and rolled down the back window.

“Layman & Shields,” the lady with the cultured southern accent said, showing identification. “We’re here to see our client, who is a political prisoner.”

“Ma’am, you’ll have to wait until normal business hours. NCIS will open-“

“Justice doesn’t sleep and neither does your agent Gibbs. Now, unless you want me to call my partner who’ll wake the SecNav and ruin your military career, I suggest you let me in to see my client.”

“This is Agent Gibbs case, ma’am? I’m sorry, I had no idea,” was all the guard said before giving the guards the signal to open the gate. He figured anyone dropping Gibbs’ name had to be legit and part of Gibbs’ team had come through recently. Besides, it was just like Gibbs to work his team all hours of the night.

~

“Uh, you’re not Jerome,” Abby said to the lady in the guard uniform bumping into her as the elevator opened.

“No. I’m,” there was a slight hesitation as the startled young guard pointed to the embroidered name on her uniform jacket, “Mayes… ma’am. I’m covering Jerome’s shift- it’s his boyfriend’s birthday,” she whispered confidentially, passing Abby and getting on the lift.

“Aren’t you waking me to my car. That’s what Jerome usually does. Now that I think about it, it’s kinda weird he’s gay because he’s always flirting with me. I guess a flirt is a flirt. Maybe he’s bi,” Abby rambled mindlessly to nobody, drifting towards her car as she tried to take her mind off McGee and David. The guard gave a frustrated glare and followed closely behind Abby seeing her get in the car and start it up before doubling back to the elevators with a friendly wave.

~

McGee wasn’t surprised to see only one guard at the front desk when he came to meet the lawyers. “Excuse me for asking, but how did you get in after hours?”

“Why, Agent McGee, we’ve the right to see our client whenever and wherever he is being held- is that not so?” She stood there in some ridiculously priced suit with a silent partner in black Armani and sunglasses.

“I suppose. What’s your name and who is your client, ma’am?”

“Don’t be coy with me, young man. I’m Magnolia Shields from Layman & Shields and I’m here to get Mr. Eliot Spencer-“

“Who told you this Spencer was at the NCIS?” Tim wondered, knowing Eliot had not been allowed to contact anyone. In fact, Eliot wasn’t lawfully being held since they made no reports about his assaulting a federal officer. He was thinking he’d call Gibbs, but only if he couldn’t get them to leave.

“That’s what we’re paid for, agent. Now, are you going to take us to see our client?” She asked but Tim recognized a demand when he heard one. He smirked inside, playing the role of the seasoned but less than in control federal agent.

~

When the interrogation room door swung open, Agent David jumped into action, clicking on the communication switch. “Please move away from the prisoner and remove yourself from the room immediately,” she said, still watching the scene. The custodial worker was hunched over in coveralls and suddenly the intercom was drowned out by the roar of an industrial Bissell. Ziva sighed, realizing she’d have to escort the woman out herself.

“Ms. You can’t be in here with a suspect,” Ziva said, standing in front of the vacuum so the lady looked up. She was twenty something with pink knock off IPod complete with pink and white earbuds, a blonde ponytail, and fuscia lipstick. She continued rolling her hips to the heavy bass in her ears.

“You like that, huh? My baby daddy gave it to me- I can get you one for twenty. He got pink, yellow, black and red.” She gave a gum smacking grin and went on pushing the machine like it was too heavy. Ziva checked again to make sure Spencer was still handcuffed then pulled the plug on the vacuum and stood behind the woman with her hands grabbing the shoulders of the coveralls, pushing the bopping lady out of the room.

“But I gotta clean this whole floor by two thirty. I can’t afford to lose this job ‘cause I just got a good babysitter and that shit’s expensive if you know what I mean,” the lady rambled on and argued for about five minutes until Ziva convinced her to start on the other side of the hall, letting her into a different interrogation room and slipping back in to observe Spencer.

“Ben Zonah!” Ziva exclaimed running to the window then letting herself into the empty interrogation room. She looked around for a few seconds for clues but found none. Ziva ran back into the hall, searching for the talkative custodian. In the next interrogation room she found a cart and nothing else. “Harah!” She cursed, calling McGee. “Spencer has escaped. They are in the vents, McGee, we must find them!”

~

“I can assure you that Mr. Spencer is not in NCIS custody, despite whatever information you might have to the contrary.” Agent McGee said, hanging up his phone. “Please feel free to call on Monday during normal business hours if you need further assistance,” McGee said in a tone that brooked no argument as he gently pushed them toward the entrance. He was a bit surprised that they showed so little resistance, but he was more concerned with getting back to Ziva and their escaped prisoner. He wondered what he would tell Gibbs. McGee was so preoccupied with getting to the elevators that he missed the two figures join the lawyers in the ominous and official looking Towncar that waited at the entrance in the fire lane. One joined the lawyers in the back while the other slid into the front passenger seat as the car pulled off.

“Go to Bethesda,” Eliot demanded as he slid into the car and Hardison drove off.

“To the getaway plane, Alex,” Nathan Ford said smoothly, as if he had no idea that the driver was capable of doing anything other than what he ordered.

“Don’t. Make me hurt you,” Eliot sneered with a wicked smile that said he’d enjoy doing the hurting. Alex Hardison took the beltway to Bethesda Memorial without hesitation.

“What about ‘Hi, Alex. How was your weekend?’ I just left a beautiful Brazilian model to rescue yo’ ass from federal custody so we can run off and save some more white people half way across the country. How about a ‘thank you, Alex’! No. You’re too preoccupied with your friend in the hospital- isn’t your friend the one that got you locked up, Eliot? I know what you’re problem is; you ain’t got the good sense your mama gave, Eliot. You just gonna sit down and start demanding a brother take you somewhere? This ain’t Driving Miss Daisy, Eliot. I know you’re a southern man, but I always thought you were above all that racial-“

“Shut up, Hardison,” the whole car cut in reflexively. Just when the driver took in air to let out another tirade, Parker sang out.

“I loved my uniforms, Hardison, especially the knock off IPod. Bitchin’ soundtrack, man,” she beamed.

“Thank you, Parker. See? Is it really that hard to show some appreciation around here?” Hardison demanded as he merged onto the beltway.

~

Gibbs was willing to help Tony, but he wasn’t sure he wanted to have sex in a hospital unless it was absolutely necessary so he let the nurse give Tony the sedative intravenously. “Would you like a more comfortable chair?” she asked Gibbs, giving him an innocent smile that he did his best to ignore.

“I’m fine, thanks,” he said, knowing he could count on her to call him in the future. If he had to put up with her being a match maker then so be it. She looked at Tony then winked at Gibbs and closed the door.

“You still want those lights out?” Gibbs asked, watching Tony discreetly masturbate in the dimly lit hospital room.

“Yeah,” Tony half moaned, wondering if Gibbs could see in the dark.

“Because I was hoping to leave a little light so I could see what I’m doing. I’m kind of new to this,” Gibbs words were self deprecating, but his actions were sure and almost aggressive. He moved to the bed and sat next to Tony’s hips, leaning over him and placing a hand on either side of the startled man.

“New to what?”

“Morgan says you need to get off. In fact, he says you need to get off until you fall into an orgasm induced coma. Lucky for us your next knock out is one the way,” Gibbs smiled, looking at the drip feeding the tube running into Tony’s veins. Tony’s eyelids were already blinking slowly and he could tell the younger man was relaxing. “How about I give you a good send off?” Gibbs said, placing his hand on Tony’s stomach and rubbing firmly above the bed sheets and hospital gown. Just that sent Tony moaning and his hips doing an involuntary spasm. When he felt the warm and calloused hands below the flimsy gown, Tony jerked away reflexively.

“You don’t have to boss. I don’t know what Morgan told you, but I’m fine. You don’t have to… don’t, please don’t… I can’t,” but now Tony wasn’t sure if he was pleading with Gibbs to stop or begging him to never stop. Tony had closed his eyes for over a minute when he realized Gibbs found lubrication and was working the head if Tony’s cock into a slick frenzy. Tony opened his legs, trying to get the left one around Gibbs waist in a less than subtle plea to be fucked. Gibbs accepted Tony’s leg but remained seated where he was, refusing to move into a position that satisfied the squirming patient. When Tony started making a keening noise of frustration, Gibbs had enough.

“ Tony. Where does it hurt?” He asked, pushing a finger passed the puckered entrance and looking a bit too intently at the moaning man who just closed his eyes and moved both hands to stroke himself.

“Deeper, you’re close,” Tony moaned, jerking his hips to help Gibbs get there sooner. “Push forward… up- OHYES! There. Yeah,” Tony gave a broken sob, rotating his hips wantonly as Gibbs worked the jumble of nerves mercilessly.

“Use the lube,” he told Tony but it was like he didn’t hear. Gibbs didn’t like the brutal strokes the Italian gave himself. They didn’t seem to be getting Tony any closer to coming, so Gibbs figured a lighter touch was needed. “Stop,” Gibbs demanded and when Tony didn’t, he withdrew the two fingers from Tony’s ass. Suddenly, Tony’s hands stilled on his shaft. “Now hold the pillow on either side of your head,” Gibbs instructed and Tony obeyed with trembling limbs. Gibbs squirted a line of hospital lubricant onto Tony and began to stroke him with a firm and slow twist. After a few torturous seconds and several snaps of Tony’s hips, Gibbs had three fingers rubbing in Tony and making him beg in Italian.

“Piu. Piu duro, si,” Tony mumbled, reaching out for Gibbs but finding the man too far to hold. He caught that intense, ice blue gaze and held on tight staring Gibbs in the eye as he stumbled over the edge. Tony’s eyes rolled back and his hands reflexively went to his spurting manhood, but Gibbs didn’t let up. He kept milking Tony over and over, gently pumping until the cock no longer jerked and flinched. Gibbs was a bit surprised when Tony just kept fucking the tangle of hands, using his come as lube. He noticed that the orgasm had relaxed Tony enough that he seemed to be close to sleep, but Gibbs stroked on until he was sure. “Don’t stop, yeah… yeah- Eliot?” Tony whispered, his eyes fluttering to open fully and see the figure standing in the door right before slipping over the edge again. This time, Gibbs removed his fingers from Tony’s ass, wiping them on the hospital sheets. When his phone rang he answered it, not bothering to look toward the door.

“Let me guess; you lost Spencer,” Gibbs said, hanging up the phone.
No Substitutes by joblo
“Where’s Derek?” That was all Spenser said as he entered the dim room and closed the door. Tony opened his mouth to speak but words wouldn’t come. He told himself that he shouldn’t feel guilty; it wasn’t like he was with Eliot and it was no secret he pined for Gibbs. Hell, Eliot should be congratulating him, or so Tony told himself. But it did no good to deny the guilt he felt when he looked into Eliot’s calculatingly casual blue gaze.

“On a case. Out west,” Gibbs supplied, pulling the sheets up to Tony’s waist and turning to face Eliot as he approached the bed.

“Perfect,” was all Eliot would say as he stood and watched Gibbs size him up. He was too late. He had always seen himself as a willing substitute for the formidable man and now that Tony could have the real thing, Eliot saw no reason for Tony to choose him. “Be right back,” Eliot said, stepping out the room instead of just standing there while Tony held his sticky hands just beneath the sheets and Gibbs walked to the bathroom to cleanup. There was heaviness in Eliot’s chest that kept him from talking. He fought the irrepressibly urge to growl and break something. Instead, he thought about Tony who, for all his worried awkwardness was obviously quite excited about recent events. It gave the younger man the strength to do what he knew he must. He came back to the room with clean bedsheets and took the chance to strip back the old ones when he noted Gibbs had returned to the bathroom after cleaning Tony up. The older man moved to the window, allowing Eliot an illusion of intimacy “You look worn out, friend,” was what Eliot finally said when he moved closer to the bed, arranging the sheets neatly and avoiding meeting Tony’s apologetic stare.

“It’s the meds,” Tony apologized drowsily.

“The meds, the happy ending- it all leads to you getting some rest, Anthony.’

“Eliot-“

“Don’t talk. Close your eyes. This has turned out to be a short weekend. It’s too bad for you; I was gonna make you a few of those southern delicacies you love so much.” Eliot murmured on about cobbler and collards and ox tails for a minute. “Don’t worry about your place. It’s been locked up and it’ll be alright until you’re ready to go back,” he ended, refusing to say goodbye, feeling like it would be admitting defeat. It didn’t matter. Tony was asleep and only Gibbs was there in the background, witnessing Eliot’s heartbreak. “Next time, you call me earlier. See you in a few months,” Eliot said, leaning in to kiss sleeping lips which, to his surprise, puckered softly as Tony shifted into him.

“G’ sleep, El,” Tony murmured and Eliot smiled, not wanting to break the illusion.

“G’night, Anthony,” he said, gently getting up and walking out of the room.

~

Eliot had been silently seething all through the flight to Montana. He hadn’t even cared about the plush private jet they piled into in the early hours of the morning. He didn’t listen to the rundown of the families with the stolen ranches or the peculiar things that had been happening to the cattle. If he had been paying attention, he would’ve made the pilot turn around and they would never have landed at GTF. Downtown Great Falls had an Anytown, America kind of feel. When he thought about what he left in D.C., the stark contrast was depressing. He let out a thankful sigh of relief that at least he was staking out the woods which, as stupid as it sounded, was a hell of a lot better than a depressing, sparsely populated city on a dreary day. He checked the rearview mirror for Hardison who was still ranting about not having his ‘baby,’ the ubiquitous black van, as he hooked up cord and cables. “I don’t know what the hell Nathan expects me to find out here with this wannabe, knock-off command center in the back of a SUV. We should’ve just borrowed a local police surveillance van- does Great Falls PD even have those?” Alex rambled on, suddenly stopping when he heard a suspiciously grunted question from the driver’s seat. “What?”

“Exactly what are we looking for?” Eliot repeated, louder with a growl like a bear.

“I don’t know, man! That’s the whole point! Have you been listening to anything I’ve been saying for the past hour? Look, it turns out the company ceasing all the property is a shell for the NPS- the National Parks Services, Eliot. That’s federal government, man! Now, we have dozens of large mammals in a fifty mile radius mutilated- all emanating from this central point. There’re wacky power spikes and lights coming from just ahead and I know you smell that barbequed oak tree tang in the air!”

“Drive closer.”

“Hell. No. Hell no, Eliot! Do you realize its 98 degrees? In Great Falls its 54 degrees, but come within a kilometer of this spot and everything gradually starts heating up. If I go any further the equipment may fry or-“ Eliot just turned on the truck and drove forward, ignoring Hardison’s sputters of indignation. “There’s radiation out there, Eliot!” They rolled closer into a shallow valley engulfed in ancient trees and tall foliage so that they were soon shrouded from the road. Branches reached out to scratch at the sides of the Denali and the smell of burning wood and flesh grew stronger and the temperature rose.

~

“…Of course, you’re only getting out of here today because Agent Gibbs swears you will be well attended and you’ll have two respiratory treatments everyday for the next week, right?” Dr. Pitt verified as he made copious notes on Tony’s chart. He pulled out his pad and scribbled out three prescriptions before handing them to Tony where he sat in the navy NCIS sweats Gibbs kept in his trunk. “You had a treatment this morning, Tony?”

“Yeah, doc- and I’m right as rain. In fact, the whole ventilator thing kind of cramps my style. I was thinking-“ His words were cut short by the sharp rap to the back of his head. “That I ought to get those prescriptions filled immediately,” he finished with an embarassed smile.

“Good. I’ll send you home with a couple of samples to cover your first two therapies. Now, where’s your ventilator?”

Tony leaned forward to whisper to the doctor confidentially, as if his boss didn’t have better hearing than any person Tony had ever met. “The thing is, Brad-“

“Don’t tell me you lost another ventilator, Tony! That’s part of the reason you end up back here twice a year! You’re not doing your treatments. This is the fourth time, Tony! First it explodes in a bombed car, then you leave it on a plane- what’s next- is your dog going to eat it?” Brad laughs, exasperated.

“I hate pets; they’re filthy. And I was being charitable, if you must know. The kid down the hall has cystic fibrosis and his mom couldn’t afford the replacement so I gave her mine.”

“That’s fine, Tony, as long as you buy another one. You have to use this if you want to keep your lungs from deteriorating further, Tony. I can’t stress enough how very important it is for you to take your medication as directed.

”No worries, doc. He’ll be taking it from now on,” Gibbs promised with a nod to Tony who quickly looked away.

“Now that I can trust. The nurse will bring your paperwork in a few minutes then you’ll be free to go. I’m going to send a new ventilator down. Remember, no work for at least three days. You can see me Wednesday if you want to be released to work. Otherwise, I suggest you take the week off and see me on Friday. Gibbs, thank you” he said, holding out his hand for a shake before walking out the quiet room.

Tony was thankful that Brad gave him another ventilator since he was ashamed to admit his exhaustion as he settled into the passenger seat when Gibbs pulled his car up to Bethesda’s main entrance; he couldn’t bear to wait in line at the hospital pharmacy for another ventilator. He was worried about making it up to his apartment since the elevator had been out for weeks now. He knew he could do it, even if he had to rest after each flight of stairs, but there was no way he was going to let Gibbs see him so weak; he’d never be allowed to return to work this week. Tony closed his eyes and slept for a few minutes, only waking when he heard the car door slam. It was dark when he opened his eyes and he was alone in the car. Tony immediately responded to Gibbs opening his door and releasing his seatbelt by rolling out of the car and struggling to his feet. “Ah, boss. You didn’t have to get out. You can just drop me at the door.” Tony limped away enough to give the door a weak shove then he looked up and realized he wasn’t home. He turned around to find Gibbs’ house and all he could think about was how badly he needed his bed. He grimaced.

Gibbs understood. “You’re tired. Let’s get you that medicine so you can get to bed. Tony wanted to ask a million questions, but he mostly wanted to go to bed. He turned to shuffle toward the stairs, his lethargic feet tripping over themselves before Gibbs caught him around the waist and ushered him into the house. Once inside, Tony tried to limp to the couch, but Gibbs’ arm around his waist wouldn’t allow it.

“I just need to sit for a minute,” he sighed.

“No, you need to lie down, you’re headed to bed, remember?”

“Oh. Yeah,” was all that Tony said. He wanted to ask if he was sleeping in Gibbs bed and if so, where would Gibbs sleep, but he didn’t want to give the impression that he didn’t want Gibbs’ company. They stopped twice before making it to the bedroom where the bed was already turned down. Gibbs sat Tony on the edge then knelt down to untie his shoes and swing his legs onto the bed. He noticed the ventilator was already set up with a box of tissue, a glass of water, and the other samples Dr. Pitt gave them waiting on the nightstand. “How long was I out?” Tony asked, wondering when Gibbs had time to set all this up. Gibbs just smirked, placing the mask over Tony’s nose and mouth and putting a remote in his hand. “Whoa! That looks new, boss,” Tony said as he turned the TV on and channel surfed on the 42 inch flat screen. “I didn’t know you had cable, boss.”

“I didn’t. McGee set all this up so I hope you know how it works.”

“I’ll figure it out. Gibbs, are you coming to bed?” Tony lifted the mask and gave his best leer but Gibbs just readjusted it and pulled back the sheets.

“I’ll sleep downstairs, DiNozzo. Are you hungry?”

“Just tired. And there’s no way I’m putting you on the couch, Gibbs. How long do I have to stay here, anyway?” Tony asked and Gibbs just smirked.

“Until I’m satisfied that you’ve been taking your medication as prescribed. Be right back,” he said, walking out the room and down the stairs. The aroma of the stew woke Tony from his near sleep as the therapy session ended. Gibbs set the tray over Tony’s lap and checked the ventilator. “You’re sucking in plain air now,” he said, shutting the machine down and removing the tubes from Tony. He handed the glass of water to the tired looking man with one direction, “Drink.”

Tony drank. The food smelled so good, but everything tasted like crap after one of his treatments. He sipped the water and put it down on the tray. After a few breaths, Gibbs handed him the glass again, obviously wanting Tony to finish. “Better?” Gibbs smiled knowingly when Tony set down the empty glass.

“I think I need a whole gallon of water to wash the taste out-“

“Try your dinner,” was all Gibbs said, smiling when Tony took his first taste and couldn’t stop. He left big chunks of beef and potatoes in the bowl, but ate heartily enough that Gibbs was satisfied.

“That was… wow. I didn’t know you cooked anything besides steak, Gibbs. Eliot would be impressed.” At the mention of his rival, Gibbs shot Tony an assessing look which had the man eager to explain himself. “It’s just that he swears I eat like a college kid and I’m gonna have a heart attack one day if I don’t change something soon- he’s always cooking for me when he’s here. It’s a compliment actually since he’s a gourmand-“

“I get it, Tony; Eliot’s a great cook. It’s okay. Are you going to call him?”

“Ah… I was kind of waiting for him to call me, but he hasn’t yet. He’s probably in the middle of some con right now. He’ll call when the job is done,” Tony brushed it off, managing not to sound guilty or concerned as he adjusted himself beneath the covers.

“I’m sure he will. Goodnight, Tony,” Gibbs said, puling the bedspread up and covering Tony, whose exhaustion was evident in the way he silently acquiesced to the order to go to sleep.

“DiNozzo,” Gibbs asked casually, “why would you be interested in a grifter?”

“Actually, boss, he’s more of the hitter in his group. He’s kind of a jack of all trades, I guess,” Tony finished, sighing dejectedly.

“Uhn-huh. He’s talented muscle. And easy on the eyes.”

“Yeah, Eliot has that whole brooding, sexy, dominant male mojo going on-“ Tony panted, talking about Eliot, but thinking about the man looking down at him.

“But not as easy as you,” Gibbs cut him off, not wanting to hear about all the things DiNozzo loved about the man. There would be time for that later.

“Yeah, I’m easy,” Tony agreed with a sexy smile, but his eyes were closing slowly as he turned on his stomach, gripping the pillow beneath his head and drifted off so quickly, Gibbs wasn’t sure if he was actually sleeping.

“You need anything before I head back down?” Gibbs asked, suggestively changing the subject, but Tony was too tired to think about getting off. He kept his eyes closed, murmuring something incoherently so that Gibbs turned after a few seconds and walked out of the room without looking back. Tony listened for the soft skiff of his worn New Balance and just barely detected the change in the sound of Gibbs step when he left the staircase and made his way to the kitchen. The basement. Tony smiled, wondering if his boss would sleep under the boat.

Tony drifted off immediately, but he hadn’t slept too long before he woke in a bit of a stupor, grinding against the mattress. He turned over, massaging his balls with his left hand and gripping himself with his right. His steady pump had his heart leaping and diving but it wasn’t enough to push him over the edge. He began tightening his grip at the head, his body jerking in exquisite pain when his fingers caught on the ridge of his fat knob. “Shit!” Tony gasped, trying his best to keep up the hard, brutal pulls of his fist. Tony wantonly thrust his legs open then gripped his cock with his left hand then started a steady pump yet again. After several different positions and what seemed like an eternity to Tony, but couldn’t have been more than ten minutes, he collapsed with a pitiful whine. He’d had trouble coming before, but he was more accustomed to not being able to stop coming. Now, he couldn’t shoot off at all and he wasn’t even having one of his cycles. He was glad his prostate wasn’t throbbing and burning, but it didn’t make the frustration of orgasm denial any less.

He thought about fucking Gibbs and the idea still seemed like a fantasy. He wished the silver haired fox were in front of him now, making that suggestive offer with his sexy smile. The problem was, Tony didn’t think he could go down to the basement with a boner and ask to be fucked. He knew there’d be a few aftershocks, but he felt fine now. Mostly. Just because he woke up horny didn’t mean he should expect Gibbs to service him. He couldn’t get over the feeling that he was forcing Gibbs to do something the ex-marine didn’t want to do, but that didn’t sound like Gibbs at all. He sat up, suddenly deciding to take a different approach. After all, he was a detective and if he wanted to know something, he could damn well figure it out himself. Tony looked around the room searching for signs that Gibbs was interested in men. He looked through a few drawers and found nothing out of the ordinary, but in the nightstand, all the way in the back so he almost missed it there was a tube of lube.

“Shit. It’s new,” Tony sighed, figuring it didn’t necessarily mean Gibbs fucked men since he might have purchased it specifically for use with Tony. In fact, the lack of condoms, sex toys and… anything remotely titillating led Tony to believe that Gibbs had very little sex. At least not in his home. Still, the new lube suggested that Gibbs was okay with his role as pinch hitter. Tony was relieved to know that, even though they hadn’t talked about what happened in the hospital, Gibbs was alright with what he’d done to help Tony and apparently was willing to do it again. It wasn’t lost on Tony that Gibbs hadn’t taken his clothes off or gotten any satisfaction for himself and Tony wondered if Gibbs would give him the full treatment now that they were in the privacy of his home. What he longed for more than anything was to be taken in a passionate, skin on skin embrace, followed by nerve-shattering orgasms and copious cuddling. But even after admitting to himself that Gibbs was willingly preparing to fuck him, Tony still hadn’t worked up the nerve to walk down to the basement and ask for it. He went back to bed, tossing fitfully and throwing off the sheets with a groan when he became overheated. Again he closed his eyes, dreaming of the scent of Old Spice and sawdust so that when he awoke to the smell of Gibbs, he wasn’t sure he was really awake.

Tony moaned loudly in is half slumber, flopping restlessly on the plush mattress. He lay sprawled on his back, roughly massaging his stiffness beneath the cool breeze of the ceiling fan. He thought little of the smell of sawdust until he felt another hand working him in strong, sure strokes. Then another warm hand squeezed Tony’s balls, pulling down to delay his release. Tony’s whine of frustration was matched by his insistent hands which gripped himself ruthlessly, only to cover the large, calloused fists of his dream man who had yet to say a word. “Let me!” Tony demanded.

“No. My job,” was the only response, but it had Tony struggling to awareness, his breathing changing and his eyelids fluttering open. Gibbs held Tony completely still, waiting for the frustrated man to give in and relinquish control. Tony grabbed at his engorged cockhead, managing a squeeze as his scrotum was twisted, giving him a quick burst of pain followed by a stinging smack to his offending hand. After trying in vain to stroke the areas that weren’t covered by Gibbs’s hands and receiving several swats to his butt and legs, Tony gave up. He rubbed at his left butt cheek, realizing Gibbs was serious about not letting him masturbate. The pent up energy, excitement of Gibbs’s hands on him, and an unexpected spanking had Tony on the edge in seconds. He breathed deeply, looking at Gibbs with what he hoped was a challenging leer and the older man just returned a slight smile, satisfied that he had Tony exactly where he wanted him.

Gibbs wasn’t one to gloat. He didn’t need to; Tony knew who was in control. They both knew it as soon as Tony fisted his hands in the sheets beside himself and drew his legs opened wide, daring Gibbs to do something else. “I thought we agreed that I’d be taking care of this for you,” Gibbs remarked, resuming his slow strokes.

“N-not sick anymore, boss,” Tony explained, concentrating on making words.

“So, you don’t need my help?” Gibbs asked, stopping his stroke right at the tip, squeezing and releasing it roughly, inducing a broken sob from Tony’s throat.

“Don’t stop. Pleasedon’tstop.” Tony gasped, jerking his hips hard to help himself come. “Don’t!” He hissed when he felt nothing but cool air surrounding his cock as it trembled in the darkness. His hands automatically went to finish the job but they were caught my Gibbs’s ruthless grip. He forced Tony’s hands above his head, wrapping the younger man’s fingers around the rungs of his masterfully crafted mission headboard, looking him in the eye.

“Don’t. Move,” Gibbs ordered, letting go of Tony’s hands but not his gaze. Gibbs sat up and Tony closed his eyes, listening to a drawer open then close. He heard the cap of the lubricant and the squirt then felt the squishy coldness between his legs. He gyrated his hips to let Gibbs know his cock needed attention too and, when he felt that first finger slid easily in, he couldn’t control himself. Tony moaned, fucking himself on Gibbs’s finger, trying in vain to make it hit that spot. “Patience,” was all Gibbs said as he held his hand utterly still. It took a few moments for Tony to realize that Gibbs would not move unless he calmed down, so he slowed his movements. “That’s good, now lie still,” Gibbs encouraged Tony, stroking his torso with his free hand until Tony was prone, panting a bit as he clutched the headboard with his eyes glued shut. Gibbs added another finger and went deeper. “Good?”

“Mmmhmm,” Tony agreed, holding his hips back rigidly, trying his best not to fuck Gibbs’s fingers.

“Good Tony. I think you deserve a reward, don’t you?” Gibbs asked, but he wasn’t interested in Tony’s answer as he changed the angle of his now three fingered thrust so that it hit that bundle of nerves just right. Tony screamed his appreciation, instinctively scooting closer to Gibbs so that he was sitting up with one hand propped behind himself, and the other clutching at Gibbs’s forearm which suddenly froze. From this new angle, Tony could rub himself against Gibbs’s arm and get a little friction. “Down, Tony,” was all Gibbs said as he gave Tony a gentle push, caressing his chest and abdomen until he reached up and grabbed the headboard once again. “Now,” Gibbs started, rubbing over that spot again and again, “are you ready to come?” Gibbs asked, finally grabbing Tony’s bobbing cock and squeezing before giving it long strokes alternated with rough little pumping at the tip. Tony nodded his head wildly as he rode the uncontrollable jerks that overcame him each time his prostate was bumped by those demanding fingers. “Then c’mon, Tony. Let it go.” That was all Tony needed to hear.

“Oh shit! Oh! Ohohoh,” He let out a guttural cry, his pitch increasing until he was gurgling, no longer able to make coherent speech. He remembered panting for breath and hearing a sexy chuckle, but not the warm wash cloth wiping at his face and chest or the bedsheets carefully tucked around him or the door being pulled closed against the bright hall light.

~

It was Friday and McGee was in his usual good mood as he sauntered in with morning coffee for the team. Hi s black jacket was butter soft leather and his jeans were stylishly worn. Not only did he wear a casual button down, but there was also a vest underneath his jacket which seemed like a weird choice to DiNozzo who almost sneered at his alarmingly sexy partner. “What’s with the vest, McFashion faux pas? Who told you that was a good wardrobe choice?” DiNozzo couldn’t help but annoy his partner even as McGee handed him his white chocolate mocha with extra chocolate and foam, just the way Tony liked it.

“I think you look rakish… and sexy, McGee.”

“Thank you, Ziva,” Tim smiled, ignoring Tony which only made the senior officer testier.

“What’s that smell? It’s kind of citrusy-sweet and musky and … heavenly,” Tony sighed as he followed the smell across his desk towards McGee’s. When he touched Tim’s desk he realized who he was headed for and made a disgusted face. Ziva laughed sinisterly almost low enough to be missed.

“Is McGee’s cologne intoxicating, Tony?”

“No. I"of course not! It’s his fruity tea-“

“My regular coffee, Tony,” Tim smiled with a grin that said he wasn’t as engrossed in his email as pretended to be.

“Or th-the muffin he ate on his way here.”

“No muffin.”

“Right, Slimtim. You both think this is pretty funny, don’t you,” Tony hissed venomously.

“Oh my. Tony, we were just playing,” Ziva promised, looking a bit contrite. “However, you must agree that you have been acting… differently as of late,” she said, obviously choosing her words carefully.”

“No, I haven’t,” he said, moving back to his seat. “I’m gonna be sick,” he whispered, not noticing the concerned and amused looks of Tim and Ziva respectively. He sniffed his coffee cup and violently gagged before catching himself.

“It’s your favorite, Tony,” McGee said with confidence and a bit of worry.

“Yeah. I don’t feel like coffee this morning.”

“Are you okay, Tony? You’ve been in a mood these past few days-“

“What? Of course I’m okay. Can I help it if your subpar detective skills have been a thorn in my side all week?” He glanced at McGee, thinking this handsome new partner was a totally different person than the probationary agent who transferred from Quantico seven years ago. ‘Maybe something is wrong,’ Tony thought.

“Nice try, but you’ve been on edge for more than a week, Tony. What’s going on?” McGee asked seriously, turning back to his email when no answer was forthcoming.

“Nothing, McNosy. Mind your own business,” Tony said, throwing wadded paper at his suddenly and disturbingly hot partner.

“Really? Because first you went ballistic on that witness last week who said you couldn’t have been an athlete-“

“And then there was the crème puff incident. You totally lost it,” Ziva stage whispered.

“I thought we agreed to never discuss that. And I didn’t lose it. Tim? Tell her,” Tony asserted, leaving Tim and Ziva to wonder if it was the embarrassment or illness coloring his neck and face.

“You lost it.” Tim shrugged, hating to be the bearer of bad news.

“I’m gonna lose it if you don’t shut up and get moving. We got a body. National Zoo.” Gibbs said with all the force of his usual command so that David and McGee were headed towards the elevator in seconds.

“Are you okay, DiNozzo?” Gibbs demanded, standing in front of Tony’s desk.

“I’m fine boss,” Tony answered immediately.

“Then why are you sitting at your desk?”

“Oh! Right behind- in front of you, boss!” Tony amended, jumping up and double timing it to the elevator.

Things were looking up for Tony, or at least he acted that way. He was still uncomfortable with his growing attraction for McGee and, after getting the beginnings of a tent in his pants on the elevator, he made an effort to stay far enough away to not catch a whiff of his scent. Tony was glad Ziva and McGee took the van while Gibbs drove the Avenger. He called shot gun and jumped in next to Gibbs. The ride was full of speeding and abrupt stops until Gibbs noticed Tony held the door and his seatbelt with a white knuckled grip. He slowed down gradually, not wanting to be obvious. Tony, as it turned out, didn’t notice a thing. He was too busy being relieved that he wouldn’t retch in front of his boss. It wasn’t until they were almost at the zoo that Tony calmed enough to notice his surroundings. He sniffed suspiciously and couldn’t hold back a groan. Gibbs smelled even better than Tim. ‘Shit,’ Tony thought as he dropped his hand from the seatbelt to his lap, casually covering the bulge in his pants.

“Something you want to tell me, Tony?” Gibbs asked, suggestively as he parked but Tony just shook his head. Gibbs sat in the car, looking at Tony knowingly for a heartbeat then he smiled and threw himself out the door and into the crime scene. Tony had been unable to form words and he didn’t know what he’d say if he could. All he knew for certain was that he would be getting more from Gibbs than a few fingers and a quick hand job. ‘Even if I have to jump the old man,’ he thought then hopped out of the car. “On your six, boss.”

The day went downhill from there. The walk to the panda habitat with all the equipment was hell on Tony’s back and once they arrived, the smell was horrific. Not that anyone else mentioned the disgusting odor, but Tony could hardly swallow. He started shooting the scene as soon as he noticed the first smatterings of blood wiped across a bright green bush. He followed the blood trail until he was looking at a boot. Then two. Then legs. Then … there was the grass and dirt where a torso should’ve been and suddenly Tony realized it was the stench of entrails turning his stomach. He just barely made it outside the gate of the panda habitat and behind a bush where he lost the cup of milk and the plain toast he managed to keep down from breakfast. After gathering himself and thanking god for his breath spray, Tony went back into the crime scene. He did his best to ignore Ziva and McGee who stood a few feet away, smiling until Gibbs stealthily moved behind Ziva who was near laughter. “Get to work, probie,” he demanded. And things went back to normal.

Except now Gibbs was watching Tony. “Interview the doctor who found her,” Gibbs ordered, getting Tony away from the crime scene for a while. Tony took the back entrance, circling around the large enclosure until he reached the double doors leading to the air conditioned panda display. He perused the closed down exhibit, learning a little about the pair on loan from China for two years until a hidden door opened and an entourage of black clad soldiers in red berets came marching through, ushering a sedated panda into a large truck.

“Dr. Godat! Where are you taking my evidence?” Tony demanded, recognizing the doctor from the exhibit pictures. He was a thin man of average height an olive toned skin who looked haggard in his rumpled clothes. Only his white coat saved him from looking like a total mess. He looked, Tony thought, just like the families they sometimes interviewed after a loved one died. Tony took a few long strides to where the doctor stood surveying the procession and pulled out his identification, “NCIS. We’re going to need to see that panda, doctor, and anything else those troops took out of here-“

“Allow me, Dr. Godat. Dr. Martha Jones,” the petite woman in the black uniform said. “This site has been quarantined by the government, Mr. ...?”

“DiNozzo. And I know: I am the government. NCIS. Now, who are you and where are you taking my evidence?” Tony demanded, putting his badge away.

“My apologies sir. I’ve been given presidential jurisdiction as the United Nations Intelligence Liaison. I think there’s been a mistake-“

“There’s been a murder, Dr. Jones. A marine was killed here and I’m going to find out why. We owe Warrant Officer Connor that much.”

“Actually, Jodie Connors was an ex marine, recently assigned to our team. We’ll be sure to update your Marine Corps files and fix this oversight. My apologies Special Agent DiNozzo. Move out!” The pretty lady barked in her polite, English accent, marching away with all the evidence and at least a dozen guns toting goons in jaunty red caps. Tony followed Dr. Godat back into what looked like a laboratory, firing off whatever came to mind while he had a chance.

“What happened here, doctor? Where are they taking the pandas?”

“Panda. Back to China I’d imagine,” the doctor said, sounding a bit dejected. “It’s not our fault we lost one. There was nothing wrong and then she just exploded! I- I’ve never seen anything-“

“With us, Dr. Godat,” a black clad soldier said, grabbing the doctor and pushing him out of the room to joining the military entourage. In seconds, Tony was alone in the room, snooping around until he found the door leading to the corridor of the exhibit.

“Yech!” He groaned at the smell that seemed to be emanating from the walls. When he reached the outdoors, he was almost relieved until the smell of entrails hit him again. “Boss, we’ve been hijacked.”

“We know, DiNozzo,” McGee said, pointing to where Gibbs and Ducky were arguing with a short, pretty lady with an English accent. Gibbs walked away angry as he headed back to his team.

“Dr. Jones, I presume,” Tony said to Gibbs who just looked at Tony then looked back at the officer who was no longer there.

“The doctor claims our marine is an ex-marine. McGee?”

“Yeah boss. According to this, Warrant Officer Jodie Conner was honorably discharged two months ago and… that’s weird-“

“What’s weird McGee?” Gibbs demanded with little patience.

“Well, you’d think she’d be listed as a civilian, but she’s not. I don’t know which branch of the armed forces this would be-maybe some special forces operative, Gibbs.” Gibbs said nothing. He walked away making a phone call and returned a few minutes later.

“Wrap it up. Get finish collecting whatever’s left and get back to the yard to figure out what we’ve got,” he barked, obviously going somewhere else.

“We’re still working this case? Of-of course, we’re working the case- stupid question, boss,” Tim said, getting back to photographing where the carnage that was Jodie Connor had lain before the soldiers bagged it up and carried it off. They left very little on the scene so that the Ziva, Tim, and Tony were soon headed back to the office.

“So, where did she say she was from?” Ziva asked again as she sat on her desk, leaning forward to await her partner’s chauvinistic description. Tony sighed long-sufferingly.

“She said the United Nations, but I didn’t see any insignias, badges, or anything- they could’ve been anyone. All I got was the name Dr. Martha Jones.”

“Assuming it’s not an alias,” Tim said, swiveling around and pecking at his keyboard. “Let’s check the UK for our English Dr. Martha Jones… here we are,” McGee said, instantly pulling up her driving licence image and documents stamped with a seal initialed IC. “Daughter of Clive and Francine Jones, born and raised in London with younger sister and brother, Tish and Leo. Attended Imperial College Medical School and did residency briefly for the NHA before suddenly dropping off the grid and being catapulted to some vague military squad allegedly from the UN.”

“Which is ridiculous because the UN does not have a military-“

“Of course they do, Zi-vah. They wear those stylish blue hats.” Tony smiled, happy to point out her error.

“The UN does not have its own military and you’re right, the volunteer military wears blue caps not red. So, does Dr. Jones have a military background, Tim?”

“Hardly. Last I heard she was a pacifist,” came and unexpected voice from behind. Tony smiled charmingly and Ziva whipped around in surprise as the clicking of Tim’s keyboard ceased.
Gut Feelings by joblo
Author's Notes:
Sometimes, proof is overrated.
~

Nikki Jardine was a damn good intelligence operative. She spoke five languages and various dialects, had superior tech skills and some of the best contacts in the field. Above all else, she had great instincts and her instincts were telling her that something was wrong with the research McGee and Ziva asked her to do. At first, she found everything she expected: the wealthy DiNozzo family, dysfunctional parents, lackluster academic history followed by exceptional athletic and professional qualities. Nothing new. The first interesting clue Nikki found was a note in an obscure medical file, a mysterious genetic mutation first documented over one hundred years ago in some distant relative from Cardiff. The hand written page was ripped and stained. It had been photographed and added to the digital records of Torchwood London, an urban legend of an English intelligence agency that Nikki happened to know was real.

Name: Breck Annesley
Aged: 24 years
Condition: Abdominal Contusion and spontaneously generating orifice. Patient complains of nausea, enteritis, hot flashes, epistaxis, and unrelenting desi

Unrelenting what? Nikki wondered when she looked at the damaged document. Then she read the words that she couldn’t seem to get out of her head: spontaneously generating orifice. ‘What in the world is that?,’ she wondered and tried to put it out of her mind, but then she saw it again. And three more times before she reported back to McGee and David, telling them that there was nothing out of the ordinary besides the vague mention of a hereditary genetic mutation. She didn’t bother to mention the term because it seemed too sensational to be of any importance. She didn’t mention Torchwood or the Doctor either, which she’d heard about before and was intrigued to find mentioned in two of the older British records, but why would she? Both were the stuff of legend and even though she believed in them, it was foolish to try to explain them to others- especially someone who’d never heard of either. Besides, it wasn’t the first time Jardine had seen reference to these legendary entities and she doubted it would be the last. She was more concerned with the idea of a spontaneously generating orifice.

In the end it was those words that ate away at her until she found herself mindlessly searching for intel again, specifically searching for the meaning of that term. It had been a few weeks since she last accessed DiNozzo’s information but the difficulty she had in finding anything was an immediate red flag. Anthony DiNozzo Jr. existed, but his medical records and family records did not. Or, more precisely, they had been redacted. Agent Jardine started to worry after she rechecked records with several US and British government agencies and found they had all been modified. What little she could find had no traces of spontaneous orifice generation or even a genetic mutation. There weren’t too many agencies in the world that could orchestrate this kind of cover-up. Jardine didn’t know what this was, but she knew it was something serious. She had to tell someone and Agent Gibbs was the first person that came to mind.

Like everyone affiliated with NCIS, Jardine knew about Gibbs’ famous gut and she felt foolish bringing him a story about how her gut was telling her that something was going on. Instead, she decided to run it by McGee since it involved the research he’d asked her to do. And if Gibbs just happened to be there when she did, well, she couldn’t help that, could she? It didn’t help matters that when she went to speak to Agent McGee there was a picture of her cousin on the flat screen and the team was vetting her. The fact that it was Martha who told her about the Doctor and Torchwood, and a dozen other amazing stories could not have been a coincidence. That’s a rule, she smiled as she remembered, rule 39.

She hoped she wasn’t betraying Martha’s confidence, but this was too important. Besides, Nikki couldn’t imagine her cousin doing anything unethical and felt certain that if there was anything strange happening, they would need Martha’s expertise. She stood behind Tony’s cubicle and gave her casual input as three pairs of eyes looked at her in surprise.

“How do you know the illusive Dr. Martha Jones- and is she single?” Tony asked, seemingly surprised himself at the change of subject. He was actually glad when Agent Jardine ignored him.

“She’s my cousin.” Nikki answered, looking at Tim and Ziva. “Actually Aunt Francine is my godmother, but ever since my brother and her little brother, Leo, started dating we’ve been joking that we’re in-laws now.” Jardine said, moving to McGee’s desk before acknowledging the silence. “I can see you’re in the middle of something, but I wanted to run something by you, McGee. It’s kind of important so call me when you’re free,” she said with her back to Tony, making eyes over her shoulder.

“Sure Nikki, but we need to know what you can tell us about Martha Jones.”

“Smart girl. Got her medical degree from Imperial College but didn’t get a chance to practice before being offered a coveted position with a secret government agency... Why do you need to know about Martha?”

“She stole our corpse,” Ziva hissed, staring at the flat screen.

“Not ours, technically. Well, not anymore.” McGee sighed.

“What do you mean?”

Tony rubbed his face and groaned. He couldn’t take much more of this; not only was he horny as hell, but his patience was non-existent. “This morning she was a marine and within minutes she was suddenly an ex-marine. Who the heck changes records that fast?”

“Apparently a secret government agency,” Tim rejoined to no one in particular so Tony ignored him.

“Nikki, we need Martha’s number.” Tony snapped irritably.

“So you can harass my little cousin? Why not? Why don’t I just ask her to stop by?” Nikki’s sarcasm was obvious to anyone paying attention.

“Oh, could you do that? Just drop her in the interrogation room,” DiNozzo sighed, amazed at how easy that had been. He was totally oblivious to Jardine’s outrage until he heard Ziva try to calm the intelligence agent down. “Too much? I meant the conference room,” he said, bewilder at Nikki’s anger and Ziva’s look of censure.

“Why should I give you Martha?”

“Because a marine has been killed and she’s covering it up,” Gibbs said, coming around the corner to stand in front of Agent Jardine.

“I’ll call, but she hasn’t done anything wrong. I know Martha; she’s doing her job,” Nikki Jardine promised, hoping to God she was right. Gibbs picked up his desk phone and thrust it toward Jardine who reluctantly took it and dialed the number. Once the phone was in her hand, Nikki dialed the numbers easily; she had questions of her own for Martha. The phone rang three times before there was a click as Gibbs hit the speaker button.

~

10 weeks earlier

Eliot Spencer was frustrated. He knew it was stupid to get out of the truck- he didn’t need Hardison’s big mouth panic attack to tell him that. But Eliot was depressed and more than a little fatalistic. When he thought about Anthony DiNozzo, he ached inside for the love he would never have. It made him careless so that he did stupid things like charging blindly into a forest filled with dangerous radiation. But this wasn’t Eliot’s first time at the rodeo- Damien Moreau had made sure of that. In fact, it was working for Moreau that made Eliot jump out of the truck and explore. When he’d first come to run Moreau’s crew, his boss was involved in some bid to rule the earth, or so he always said, and once he’d learned the plan, Eliot thought he had a good chance of succeeding. Supposedly there was a miracle drug that could wipe out any disease known to man. Damien Moreau was the financial backer of the Pharm, a British pharmaceutical company that harvested alien technology for human gain. Eliot saw the AIDS patients and more than a few people in the last stages of cancer who looked miraculously healed mere days after taking the drug. The only catch? The drug inevitably killed each trial volunteer. When Moreau ordered Eliot to have each of the trial patients assassinated, Eliot knew he’d eventually resign; his job had always involved killing, but he’d always been able to avoid killing innocent people.

Still, he did the job, and it was only the first in a long line of deplorable acts he would commit in the name of Damien Moreau. He worked for Moreau for 18 months and in that time, he learned there were aliens and secret government agencies that knew all about them. He laughed to himself, thinking about how surprised Hardison would be to find out Eliot was a part of several major alien events and government conspiracies. In fact, it was the illusive Doctor who explained to Eliot that not all radiation is harmful to all life-forms. He remembered that the Foamosi can withstand large amounts of radiation and that Time Lords like the Doctor, play with radioactive Rontagen blocks as toddlers. Having all this knowledge didn’t make Eliot feel invincible, but it did remind him that he’d once done a little time travelling himself. He’d been in the Tardis and because of that, he was a bit impervious when it came to your average biological threats and it was lucky too, since he was always getting himself into dangerous situations. He knew someone was out here, looking at him, but he didn’t know how he knew. Nor could he explain it to Hardison who wouldn’t listen anyway. Better to just hop out and explore myself, he thought, leaving his genius lackey to swelter and curse in the truck.

“Hell,” he said, slamming the door, “least I didn’t wear the camo for nothing.”

Eliot moved quickly away from the SUV and in less than ten seconds, Hardison lost all trace of him. Eliot smelled the scent of the forest burning, but he saw no fire. The air was thick and heavy, but it was clear. It was hard to breathe, but Eliot crouched down low and moved forward, blending in with the brush and wondering what lie just ahead, obscured by the wall of forest. He hoped he wouldn’t show signs of radiation exposure later, but right now, he felt fine. He moved through the dense forest without a sound, noting the rising temperature with each step forward. Eliot saw and heard nothing but foliage yet he felt heat so extreme that he stopped moving and looked at himself. His sleeves billowed as if he stood in front of a fan and the hair that wasn’t plastered to his face with sweat, blew back in hot waves. There was something here. Instead of walking forward, he walked to the side, looking for the heat to dissipate at some point so he could move forward again. Eliot took off his shirt to wave in front of him, fully expecting it to disintegrate in the cloaking shield of some invisible behemoth of a ship. He heard the sound of a heavy door slam and knew Hardison had finally tucked himself away in an elaborate biohazard suit.

“Eliot! You better not be melted on the ground ‘cause I will leave your charbroiled ass in the forest to rot with the rest of the large gutted mammals!” Eliot could hear Alex’s worried bluster even though he couldn’t see his friend yet. Suddenly there was a crackle of electricity along his skin and a feeling of being suctioned away.

“Hardison! Go back to the truck,” was all Eliot could yell before he was screaming with the pain of being pulled apart atom by atom.

When Eliot awoke, he found himself naked in a cold concrete cell with his wrists shackled to chains hanging from the ceiling and his ankles chained to the floor. He had a pit of fear growing in his stomach which told him there were worse things than being kidnapped. It was hours before anyone came and when they did, he missed seeing their faces. Eliot must have dozed because he was jolted to awareness by a hood placed over his head and a clipped conversation in a language he’d never heard. But not gagged, he thought.

“Bring me your shit-for-brains leader. He’s got the wrong guy,” Eliot said, hoping he was right, but knowing it probably wasn’t a mistake. He didn’t know if they understood him, but he heard angry grunting and words that vaguely sounded like Russian thugs hawking poisonous spitballs. When globs of slime hit his chest and legs and began to burn his skin, he thanked God his face was already covered and figured these men were not average muscle. But when the freezing water hit his face so hard he couldn’t tell he wore a hood, he damned small mercies. What good was a face without spit burns if he drowned? No matter how he turned his head, his prisoners aimed the hose directly into his mouth. He could just barely breathe because he was no stranger to this torture technique; after a quick jerk of his head he inhaled and tried to appear to fight until his breath ran out again. But he was still light headed from the lack of oxygen. They laughed and played this game for what felt like forever, but it was probably only twenty minutes. When they got bored, he heard them shuffle away.

When they came back, they started touching him.

Eliot was held and pulled open and prodded and it was all accompanied by the quiet grunts of approval and short, growling comments from people he had yet to see. “Watch it!” Eliot growled and shivered when huge, bumpy fingers parted his cheeks. It felt like the man wore a glove of tough leather. There was a sudden outburst, the unmistakable sound of raucous laughter, and the quick, brutal shove of long digit that seemed to be the size of a modest dildo. Eliot did his best to not make a sound, to not cry out, but the finger started to move and in only seconds, it found the jumble of nerves and tore a deep groan out of Eliot. The finger rubbed relentlessly and though Eliot was a master at tantric breathing, he was having a hard time holding back.

“That’s enough, HrokVosta,” a familiar voice admonished and received a grumbling complaint in answer. The finger was removed. “Leave us.” After a few seconds, the newcomer removed Eliot’s hood. Eliot gave him the evilest of glares.

“Damien Moreau,” he hissed.

“Eliot Spencer. I would unlock your manacles, but I’m sure you’d feel some obligation to attack me, despite the fact that I’m your only chance of getting out of here alive.”

Damien Moreau was the scourge of the gutter in a ten thousand dollar suit and a luxury jet. The last time Eliot saw him, Nate had convinced the president of San Lorenzo to put Moreau in prison to avoid a political public relations disaster. Of course, it was a disaster cleverly orchestrated by Eliot and the rest of the team, but Damien felt betrayed by Eliot alone. If he were honest with himself, he would admit that he admired Eliot Spenser’s beauty from the moment they met and he’d decided the younger man had to be his immediately. Eliot’s lethal expertise and silent nature only added to his appeal. The two men shared several torrid moments until Eliot realized Damien was a sociopath. He watched the handsome mogul rape a 14 year girl in Indonesia then kill her when he learned her father was a well-connected diplomat. They would never be able to prove it, but Eliot made sure the family knew the face of the man responsible for their daughter’s death. After that, Eliot refused to speak to Moreau- even if he was the head the man’s security. Damien found Eliot’s principled rejection alluring. He thought Eliot was being a child, but was charmed by the blonde’s stubbornness. Looking at Eliot naked and silently seething, Damien admitted to himself that he was more than a little infatuated with the mercenary. Still, he would teach him a lesson.

“I thought I was at the top of your hitlist.” Eliot said.

“You are. Right beneath Nathan Ford.”

“Beneath? I’ve known you longer! You probably even think I betrayed you- as if I ever liked you-“

“Oh, you liked me well enough in the beginning,” Damien smiled suavely. Eliot was silent.

“That was before I realized how sick you are.”

“We all have our faults. Besides, what you call sick, I call survival-“

“Since when is the rape and murder of a child ‘survival’?”

“Since it allows me to continue to make this world a better place to live. Do you realize that soon, the world will be free of all diseases? Well, for a price, of course. I’d be known as the man who cured the world- I would be a good friend to have,” Damien smiled calmly, as if they were old drinking buddies.

“I thought that alien drug was destroyed. Why use it in cattle if you want to cure humans?” Eliot asked, actually interested.

“Backwards, I know, but my scientists assured me that it was part of the process to test the wombs of different species to find out if other large mammals are more compatible. I know you’re an animal lover, Eliot, so I want to put your mind at ease; we’re done with that route. The idea was to find a womb strong enough to withstand the Mayfly. If we can do that we’ll be one step closer to our miracle drug. The secret is in evolution, Eliot- specifically the evolution of man. And we happened to find the perfect guinea pig- a man with a womb.” Damien paused for dramatic effect, but Eliot’s heart stopped as his thoughts went to Tony. He had the perfect poker face, even while he thought about how thorough Damien Moreau’s intel had always been. He didn’t think Damien had Tony, but he wasn’t willing to bet Tony’s life on it.

“Sounds like science fiction to me.” Eliot shivered but made sure to look Moreau in the eyes.

“Oh, you don’t know the half of it. But you will. Very soon, actually. I’m working with Trullians who’ve used the healing powers of the Mayfly for millennia. They think they can replicate this new womb so you’ll get to be our test dummy.”

“Just kill me already. We both know that the only way this ends is with my stomach ripped apart. Why bother?”

“Because just killing you would be too easy. Besides, I’ve always wondered about how hard you are to kill,” Moreau admitted honestly and Eliot, for the first time, was scared for himself. “This way, I can humiliate you and use you as bait all at the same time.” Damien pushed Eliot’s wet hair behind his ears in a disturbingly gentle manner before stepping up to kiss his prisoner passionately. Eliot jerked away, spitting in disgust in lieu of cursing. He looked Damien in the eyes once again, refusing to be cowed.
Rule 39 by joblo
~

Martha studied the medical examiner’s report of the female panda so violently ripped apart. According to the ME notes, he had found a total of thirteen “mosquito-like insects covered in a viscous fluid” scattered around the bear’s body. It was the Mayfly and it sent Martha’s stomach churning and her spine tingling with the memory of thousands of insects embraced in a cannibalistic swarm in her stomach. In her short stint with Torchwood, she had gone undercover as a medical trial volunteer and ended up with an alien life form injected into her system: Reset. AIDS, diabetes, cancer- Reset would destroy any disease or irregularity found in the test subjects and give them perfect vital signs, but the ravenous bug looking aliens would eventually destroy their carrier as well. As far as Martha knew, she’d been the only test subject to carry the Mayfly to full term. If Torchwood shut the Pharm down and destroyed all traces of the drug Reset, who was experimenting with the Mayfly now? And if they were testing Reset for humans, why use livestock and other animals?

The young UNIT commander studied the reports from the surviving panda, wondering how long the Mayfly would survive in this latest test subject. She needed answers and knew of only one other person who was looking into the case. She’d been awaiting his call since she landed in D.C. a day ago. When her private cell phone rang, she assumed it was him and didn’t hesitate to answer.

“Oi, Jack! Nice of you to drop a line, mate! What happened to ‘I need your help, I’ll call you as soon as you’re stateside!’?”

“Martha? It’s Nikki! What’s going on? Who’s Jack? You mean Ca-”

“A lot, actually. I’m kind of busy at the moment, Nic, got a new assignment-“

“About that, Martha, can you stop by the Navy yard for lunch?”

“Who’s listening in? This have anything to do with those bossy NCIS agents I ran into this morning? Hello, Gibbs,” Martha Jones sighed, really too busy to deal with interagency politics- especially when her agency wasn’t supposed to exist.

“You stole our crime scene, doctor. It should be the director calling you,” Gibbs informed in a dry tone.

“Director Vance would never call me to question a UNIT operation. And if he did, he wouldn’t use m’ cousin, Agent Gibbs. He would have called me ’imself,” Martha’s words were clipped and heavily accented as she looked at troublesome medical files, annoyed by the NCIS sneak attack. She wished she could scream; sometimes saving the planet from alien threats was a bit overwhelming and today, Martha needed a break. She had already autopsied Jodie Connor and, short of staring at the male panda as he incubated the Mayfly, there was little else she could do until Jack called with more clues. Martha thought about how she missed running around in civvies, even if her civilian clothes were a bit more formal these days. She checked her pocket for the psychic paper she knew was there. “I suppose they can manage without me for the afternoon. See you soon, Nic.” Martha hung up and tossed her phone in a drawer, vowing never to answer it again. Unless, of course, it was Jack.

~

“Ummm… Classic military jacket and pencil skirt… Prada?”

“Good guess, McGee but no.” Ziva eyed the flawless lady as she walked from the director’s office with Agent Jardine talking animatedly beside her and Gibbs fuming behind them. “That signature precision cut has been a trademark of the collection since 1975, that my friend is-“

“None other than Giorgio Armani. The foundation of a great silhouette. Not that Dr. Jones doesn’t have a great silhouette all by her pretty little self,” Tony noted, grinning as the ladies reached the landing and smiled their way. The MCRT made no pretense of doing work or not gossiping. They all stood huddled together, Ziva standing between McGee’s and DiNozzo’s desks, all three looking up past the screen to the staircase. The women passed and suddenly Gibbs was glaring at them. Ziva darted back to her desk as she whispered across the bullpen.

“What do you got?” He looked at McGee then DiNozzo, but they were both fumbling around.

“Ah, I got nowhere with the back-trace of the hacker who fixed the files, but what a hack- a classic Trojan horse actually infecting several government systems they should not have been able to crack,” McGee beamed as if he didn’t just say he had nothing. Before he could continue, Tony picked up as if what he’d just said didn’t matter. Tim didn’t mind; he had an idea.

“Jodie Conner. No family, no friends, no life. No calls on her cell phone in the last two weeks and she has no home phone-“

“That sounds like Jodie.” Martha agreed solemnly. “She works a lot and probably socializes with people on the job. Our officers can’t even carry cell phones and they’re often away from home for weeks at a time. Her life probably seems dull, but looks can be deceiving Special Agent DiNozzo. I bet your personal life is less than spectacular, despite what you tell your coworkers- you look like you’re married to your job underneath that flirtatious facade,” Martha laughed at the assessing look agent DiNozzo gave her, knowing she was spot on. Gibbs smiled too, but nobody noticed since it disappeared before it was even there, replaced by a grimace and an ornery snap.

“Well?” he demanded, looking at his team, finally settling on DiNozzo who couldn’t seem to maintain eye contact. It was Ziva who spoke up as she hung up the phone.

“Ducky has not been able to determine what dismembered Jodie Collins, but he should be calling us down soon.” She paused, hoping someone else would jump in. “And we know that Mei-Xiang died mysteriously just yesterday afternoon and Jodie Collins is caught on camera entering the park in a laundry service truck fourteen hours later at five am, she is soon found dead in the panda habitat. This is no coincidence.”

“What are you suggesting, David?” Gibbs growled, interested in any idea that got him closer to Jodie Collins and whatever killed her. The Israeli seemed to be choosing her words carefully so McGee jumped in from where he sat pecking away at his keyboard as Ziva stalled.

“Boss, I think Ziva is pointing out that since the panda’s death is obviously related to Conner’s, we need to know what happened to that bear.” McGee was sure his idea would work if he could stall for a few more seconds as he searched. His fingers kept typing and he kept talking, “We know it’s a cover up since there is absolutely no data available which is more than some government agency confiscating the zoo’s surveillance. The National Zoo is one of the most visited national parks in the nation. Someone was bound to have seen or recorded something… Well, I can tell you that Mei-Xiang’s rather violent death went viral sometime in the last twenty four hours,” McGee said, punching a few keys so that the flat screen showed a bamboo filled corner of the panda habitat. Behind leaves the bear roared and beat the wall which crumpled disturbingly since it was supposed to look like rock. A sudden pop is heard and presumably guts fly out of the bear as she howls piteously. “Wait, it’s been caught by two other smart phones but only this one had the initial explosion. From this angle you can see it clearly looks like blood and guts and Mei-Xiang appears to be dying… dead. What are those, insects?” McGee asked as the video ended.

“Mommy always said there were no monsters- not real ones- but there are,” Tony stood, staring at the flat screen in awe. “Aliens? The first one from ’86- not one of those god awful sequels,” Tony babbled when everyone except Tim looked confused. Martha looked at him suspiciously then sighed.

“I thought we confiscated all the data,” Martha stared at the screen as she absently mumbled.

“What happened to that bear?” Gibbs demanded.

“Something was living inside her and it wanted out,” Martha murmured but Gibbs understood her perfectly.

“And Jodie Connor?” Gibbs’s voice was gruff but somehow gentle in response to Martha’s obvious remorse.

“That’s why I’m here, Special Agent Gibbs: to let you know that I’m going to find out what happened to Jodie, and when I do, I’m gonna make things right,” Martha said.

“Jodie Connor is dead, doctor. How are you gonna ‘make things right’?” Gibbs grumbled, pissed off by the young girl’s naïve vow.

“You’d be surprised Special Agent Gibbs.”

“This way,” was all he said as he walked away from the bullpen, beckoning Martha to follow him. Agent Jardine moved behind Martha until Gibbs stopped short. “Stay.”

Tony stood to follow them but thought better of it when he was pinned to his chair by a patented Gibbs glare. “I’ll just wait here and do some old fashioned cop work,” he smiled, totally oblivious to anything besides Gibbs’s nod of agreement. Tony didn’t notice Tim’s surreptitious texting so he didn’t suspect anything when Tim answered his phone then hung up.

“Abby needs you, Tony.” McGee said, going back to his search.

“Good. Anything to get out of the peanut gallery,” he said, jumping up and heading to Abby’s lab.

The bullpen was silent until the elevator doors slid closed and Tony was gone. “Well?” McGee asked, looking expectantly at Agent Jardine.

“The thing is, rule 39,” she explained, knowing McGee would understand.

“Ah. There is no such thing as coincidence- a very good rule for any investigator,” Agent David agreed. “What is not a coincidence?”

“Well, I came to tell you guys that I was going over that research you asked me about a few weeks ago and someone has deleted and redacted all those files. I just got this strange feeling that something is going on and it concerns Tony. When I heard about Jodie Connor’s files- I bet it’s just like what happened with all these records I’ve been looking for,” Jardine explained, looking back and forth between Tim and Ziva, trying to convince them something was going on. “Look, it’s like you were saying, McGee, this hacker is unlike any other. First, he can get into some of the best protected governmental databases in the world then he does it in a way that no other hacker has before. Am I right? Somehow the firewalls are all intact and the systems hacked left-“

“In even better condition than they were before the hack.” McGee was starting to agree.
“Exactly,” Jardine said, but David was still skeptical. It was sounding like these were two very distinctive infiltrations, but Tim couldn’t begin to fathom how Tony’s information could possibly be related to the Connor case.

“Okay. But why is our hacker connected with information related to Tony? You didn’t know we had a hacker before you came up. What made you so concerned, Nikki?” Ziva wondered.

“I don’t know exactly. In some of the older English medical files there’s a reference to a “spontaneously generating orifice”- only once or twice, but I could never find out exactly what that was. At first it just seemed weird and there was no explanation for it, so I just told you about the illness which seemed a lot more relevant at the time,” she explained. “But now, there’s some mysterious genetic mutation and illness in Tony’s past and you’re working on a case involving equally mysterious deaths and someone out there is trying to cover up all of it,” she explained, hoping that Ziva wouldn’t point out that Nikki didn’t know about the case either.

“Well, when you put it like that,” McGee relented, beginning to believe there actually was a connection here. It was at least worth a look.

~

Derrick Morgan gave a private sigh of relief as he watched the handsome man in the BAU interrogation room. The case was far from over, but at least they’d caught their man and Morgan would be sleeping in his own bed tonight. With the company of a certain young doctor, he hoped. But the case was weird. And the suspect was even weirder. They had no doubt that he was guilty… of something, but exactly what was still a bit questionable. The handsome man who was all jokes and innuendo claimed to be innocent even though they had him on video slicing a man open and taking something from his chest. It was too bad the man was already a cold slab in the Silver Spring morgue. Still, while they couldn’t exactly charge him with murder yet, they were diligently working on connecting the suspect to 13 identical murders nationwide.

It had been over six weeks since Derek had left Tony in Eliot’s capable hands and he was more than a bit concerned when he called that first Monday to find that Eliot had left DC and Tony. Gibbs answered Tony’s phone brusquely, saying Tony was resting and he would have him call Morgan back when he awoke. When Tony finally spoke to Derrick, the FBI agent could tell his friend was beating himself up over the way he let Eliot leave. It wouldn’t have been so bad except that after a week, Tony still hadn’t heard from Eliot. Somehow, he found spare moments to do his own searching and what he found wasn’t good. Morgan had contacted Nathan Ford and got a cryptic tale about how Eliot had walked into the woods and never came back. That could mean anything from Eliot was grieving over a broken heart to Eliot has just been killed. Just when Derek thought he’d have to make a house call, someone called him. She talked fast and sounded angry but before he could ask any questions, she handed the phone to someone she called Hardison who, after bitching about the fact that she gave his “government” name to the FBI, proceeded to ramble about government conspiracies and alien abductions in Montana. From what this Hardison said, Morgan guessed that Eliot had contacted his team, but he couldn’t make out much more than that. There was something about not knowing Jack and Eliot finding Nathan with Jack’s help. Morgan was pretty sure this Hardison was a quack.

That was weird, but this was weirder. The team had been breathing down the suspect’s neck for the past three weeks and had even gone through the motions of a several chases. Each one ended without a capture until they caught up with him in the morgue and there had been nowhere for the suspect to run. And then there was the interrogation which almost made Derek laugh when he thought about it; he’d never seen Hotchner blush, but the suspect was one cheeky bastard who apparently had a taste for authority figures. Now, Morgan watched Reed enter the room with the dashing suspect, watching as the icy blue eyes roved over the boyishly thin form of the young genius. Derek hated throwing Dr. Reed in with the maniac, but they were all hoping Reed would get further than himself or Hotchner had gotten so far. If not, they’d have to put the deranged man in a cell and start fresh tomorrow. It was only 9:30, but the whole team was tired. After weeks of chasing a guy who would sometimes just vanish when he ran out of inventive ways to elude them, the BAU was due a break. He watched Reed make himself comfortable in the seat across from the suspect and held his breath.

“They don’t know what to do with me,” he laughed wearily.

“Who’s ‘they’?” Reed asked, looking through his notes before looking up and making eye contact?

“They. The ubiquitous ‘them’. You.”

“Me? I know exactly what to do with you, Mr.Harkness-“

“Aww, c’mon, a pretty boy like you- call me Captain Jack- I insist,” he leered, leaning across the table suggestively.

“But you’re not a captain. The only record we find of a Captain Jack Harkness is from WWII- he was part of the allied forces. Why did you choose his name? What’s your real name?”

“That’s the only name I have.” It sounded like truth. There was silence in the room and Reed figured he should move on to something else.

“You say that you haven’t killed anyone-“

“Oi! I never said that! I said I didn’t kill these people- let’s keep the story straight.”

“So who have you killed, Captain Jack?”

“Oh, now you’re just patronizing me. I think I like it.”

“Is everything a joke to you?” Reed demanded in a stern, if calm voice and his captive could sense the seriousness of the young man.

“If you can’t laugh at yourself… Look, I’m not the guy you’re looking for. In fact, you’re not even looking for a guy but- I’ll be honest here since you seem like the thinker of the group- this is way above your pay grade. I mean, if we were in Cardiff, there would’ve been a nice cover up and Torchwood would’ve handled all these infested cadavers-“

“Infested. What type of infestation?”

“Alien. Nah, I’m just kidding,” Jack laughed, staring at the doctor and wondering what the kid really believed.

“What is Torchwood?”

“Torchwood doesn’t exist. If it did, I wouldn’t be here.”

“So you admit that this alien fighting agency is a fiction, yet you still claim you’re not responsible for the murders,” Reed summed up the situation.

“I admit no such thing. Torchwood isn’t fictional. It’s just… defunct and, let’s face it, those bodies are nothing nice or normal. Do you really think I did something to cause all those varying stages of decay? Have your medical examiners even figured out what’s wrong with those bodies or have they just been quarantined? They probably took one look at the slimiest corpse and called the crematorium.”

“What happened to those people? You seem to know a lot about what’s going on. Fill me in, Captain Jack,” Reid said, wanting to keep the man talking. He found it interesting that he had no idea if the man was telling the truth or not. Indeed, he could be a pathological liar, but that didn’t seem right either.

“Their bodies broke down after hosting a foreign life form. I was strictly on a retrieval mission, trying to make sure these hitchhikers didn’t find their way into another host,” he said with a straight face so that Reid almost believed him. “It doesn’t matter. Why don’t we hang it up for tonight boys,” he suggested, looking toward the mirror in front of him. “It’s kind of late, so I guess my friend won’t make it tonight, but I promise I’ll be out of your hair tomorrow bright and early. We’ll find the rest of the hosts and go about our thankless way-“ Jack paused when the door opened.

“Thank you, Dr. Reid. This interview is over,” Morgan said from the half opened door.

“So soon? I was just starting to like the young Dr. Reid. Stay awhile,” Jack said, impulsively reaching out to stroke Spenser’s hand where it lay on the table. Morgan bristled at the door, but caught himself before exploding.

“He’s leaving and so are you. Your chariot awaits,” Morgan said, stepping into the room to reveal a petite woman in an expensive suit.

“Prickly. I like that. He’s adorable, but you are sun-kissed-sexy SSA Morgan. How about a threesome, boys?” Jack gave his most irresistible grin first to Dr. Reid who was obviously interested and trying to cover it up. Reid looked at Morgan apologetically but Derek just reassured him with a smile then gave Jack a cold, if appreciative glance. It was meant to be condescending, but Jack had hundreds of years to understand the subtleties of the language of the heart. “Oh. It’s a private party. Fine. Be that way. There’s bound to be other pretty boys in my fu-“

“Jack! Here I am coming to your rescue and I find you hitting on the FBI!”

“Forget about the boys and bring on the lovely ladies! If it isn’t my second favorite doctor, Martha Jones. What are you doing stateside?” Jack gushed, feigning ignorance.

“The same thing you’re doing, I imagine. Let’s get out of here,” she said, escorting him from the room and finding it easy to ignore the fuming agents as Jack’s infectious personality held all her attention.

“Okay, but you really could’ve left me overnight. All those hot men taking their jobs so seriously… I was kind of looking forward to them getting rough with me-“

“Behave, Jack,” she warned, swatting his arm so that he smiled and hugged her.

“I missed you. A lot,” he whispered that last part as if the revelation surprised him.

“Well, I’m a big time Commander now. No time for you little people,” she joked to lighten the mood, but she knew Jack was alone. It was why she was at Quantico at 10pm; there was nobody coming for Captain Jack Harkness. The least she could do was get him out of FBI custody before they really started researching and asking serious questions. She knew if they ever found out that Jack wasn’t normal, she’d never get him out of FBI custody. “Let’s get out of here,” Martha said, leading the way.

The BAU team watched in silence as the handsome couple chatted and strolled out of their grasp. Hotchner and Rossi both watched from on high, Hotchner from his office and Rossi from the walkway. Anger did not begin to cover how Hotchner felt and Morgan wasn’t far behind him. It was Penelope who rushed in to watch the mystery man dash off with the English doctor handing out diplomatic immunity. “OMG! I missed him! I was so busy pinging that I let him slip through my fingers! Oh please tell me Torchwood is real,” she begged, looking around the room. “I mean, he’s so obviously crazy, but in a good way, right? And-what’s that cologne he’s wearing?”

“He claims it’s 51st century hormones,” Reid said, remembering the matter of fact way Harkness told him, “but I’m sure that was a joke,” he added after looking guiltily at Derek.

“Let’s call it a night, people. We just lost our killer but something tells me he’s only a piece to the puzzle. We’ve got a team on surveillance so go home. We regroup tomorrow, bright and early,” Hotchner said, looking down on his team.

“You heard the man. Chop-chop, baby girl- I’m walking you to your car and I was ready to leave two hours ago,” Derrick said, pulling on his blazer. Reid slowly packed his shoulder bag, timing everything just right so that he was on the elevator with Garcia and Morgan a few minutes later.
"All I had to do was get knocked up" by joblo
Author's Notes:
Tony finally has Gibbs where he wants him and he's a little surprised at what it took to get gibbs there.
~

When Tony returned from Abby’s lab he was relaxed and feeling a little better. He was still horny as hell and McGee was still smelling sweet, but he wasn’t nauseated and his back didn’t ache thanks to Abby’s excellent shiatsu technique. It was lunch time and Gibbs was nowhere to be found so Tony sent Ziva on a lunch run. “Thanks, probie,” he said when she gingerly sat his food in front of him, careful not to spill the messy carton of barbeque, baked beans and slaw.

“How can you eat that slop, Tony?” she asked after looking at the food.

“It’s just so… “ GOOD, Tony was about to say, but then he got a strong whiff of the aroma coming from the container he had to stop himself from retching. “Oh God, I can’t eat this. It smells like rancid meat!” He said, quickly closing it and wrapping it in double plastic bags.

“It smells like your favorite country style pork ribs to me, Tony. You sure you’re alright?” Tim asked.

“I’m fine. Just not in the mood for barbeque, I guess. Get that off my desk,” he said, headed towards the bathroom.

“What was that all about? I have never seen Tony turn down a meal.” Ziva observed.

“Something’s up,’ Tim said, staring after Tony as he moved the tray from the bullpen. “Let’s get this out of here. It must’ve made him sick. Again. You know, he’s been losing weight too.”

“Yes,” Ziva answered, giving a lot of thought to their secretive partner. “Now if he would just lay off the beer,” she said, patting her stomach.

“Lunch?” Gibbs asked, coming around the corner.

“Ah, yeah,” Tim said, “if you like ribs and slaw. We think the odor is making Tony sick.” Gibbs looked at McGee then towards the bathrooms where he watched Tony disappear. “Toss it,” he said and sat down at his desk. Everyone returned to work, refusing to eat lunch as they waited for Tony’s return. When he came back with a smiling pale face and a can of Sprite, nobody mentioned how bad he looked.

“You skipping lunch, DiNozzo?” Gibbs asked, looking at a file.

“Yeah boss- been thinking about trimming down,” he said, grinning playfully, but Gibbs saw right through Tony’s façade. The team worked for hours, making little progress before Gibbs told them all to call it a day. It was Friday, after all and he had plans. But Gibbs wasn’t the only one with plans. Ziva popped up after exactly three minutes of straightening up. McGee looked up and smiled as he shut his computer off and picked up his bag.

“Big date?”

“No. Why?” She asked suddenly as she peered at McGee’s easy smile.

“You look like you have plans. What are you doing this weekend?”

“Nothing special. And you? Do you have a hot date?” Ziva asked, standing in front of Tim’s desk, looking very interested.

“Well, yes. That’s why I need you. Tomorrow. You cook Greek, right? I’m making pastitsio and I need a guinea pig. Stop by at noon,” he said confidently.

“Mmmm, I love pastitsio. Are you making the custard from scratch?”

“Of course,” Tim huffed in mock outrage. They chatted on, only pausing for a quick ‘bye’ thrown at the other half of their team. The elevator dinged and Tim and Ziva were gone before Gibbs looked at Tony who sat at his desk, working as if he hadn’t been told to go home.

“Go home, DiNozzo. If you can stand up,” Gibbs said, not looking across the bullpen.

“What’s that’s supposed to mean?”

“Means you look like crap.” Gibbs dropped the file in his hand to his desk and looked at Tony. He grimaced at the dark circles set in Tony’s pale, gaunt face. It reminded Gibbs of when Tony came back too early after catching the plague. “What have you eaten today?”

“What?”

“You heard me.”

“Toast this morning. And tea.”

“What’s wrong, Tony? Something’s been bothering you for a couple weeks now.” Gibbs pushed, wanting Tony to know he knew there was a problem, so there was no point in lying. Tony wanted to scream that his only problem was the fact that Gibbs refused to fuck him, now that he was supposed to be all better. He felt fine if he didn’t count the nausea and the heightened senses and he really had no idea what that was about. He hoped he wasn’t going into another cycle because he wasn’t due for a at least another month and that just wouldn’t be fair. On the other hand, he would have a legitimate reason to ask Gibbs to fuck him. He sighed, wondering what it would be like. Intense, he assumed, wrapped up in an erotic daydream of Gibbs wrestling him to the floor and yanking down his pants just enough to have his way. He was startled from his thoughts by a sharp rap to the back of his head as he let out a moan. “I said, get up, you’re following me home, DiNozzo,” Gibbs ordered, leaning on Tony’s desk.

Tony, half startled to find the object of his lust so close, could do nothing but agree. “Yes, boss,” he said immediately, grabbing his bag, badge, and gun, and following Gibbs to the elevator.

Anticipation buzzed through Tony’s veins as he leisurely drove to Gibbs’s house. He could’ve kept up with Gibbs as the marine barreled down the beltway, but he was a bit nauseous and-if he was being honest- more than a little nervous. This was exactly what he wanted, to be alone with Gibbs long enough to get fucked or at least to figure out if Gibbs wanted to fuck him. After thinking long and growing hard, Tony decided there was no way to broach the subject and avoid being embarrassed if Gibbs showed no interest. He’d be blunt. He’d just ask the silver fox and see what he says. Or not, thought Tony.

“What if he just gives me a look?” He asked himself, wondering if he should stop to pick up some beer. “Yes, I will need plenty of beer,” he told himself, pulling out of into the Safeway parking lot. Tony spent ten minutes waffling over which beer to choose until he finally admitted that Gibbs wouldn’t care. “He’ll be drinking some rot gut bourbon anyway, so it’d hardly matter,” Tony murmured. He grabbed an 8-pack of Red Stripe, thinking Gibbs would at least respect his frugality and knowing that after three, he’d be feeling good. Drinking hadn’t really been Tony’s thing recently and he knew it wouldn’t take much and that was a good thing; he would need all the liquid courage he could muster tonight. When he finally pulled up to the well manicured lawn with the beautiful rose bushes flanking the staircase, he sighed at the stirring between his legs. He was hesitant, even as he told himself that the quicker he got into the house, the sooner he could get drunk. Tony wanted to pop a cap and down one in the Safeway parking lot, but he’d never been stupid enough to drink and drive and Gibbs would’ve kicked his ass for so carelessly disregarding common sense. He willed his heated cock to simmer at least until he got in and got a beer or two into his system.

~

Gibbs was worried about Tony. He seemed delicate and vulnerable over the past few weeks and Gibbs was tired of avoiding the reason why. It only took a moment to recognize when he allowed himself to see it. Tony had lost a little weight no doubt due to his on again off again bouts with nausea. And though everyone would agree that Tony was no stranger to tantrums, Gibbs, like the rest of the team, noticed the emotional outbursts were out of the ordinary lately. When he learned of Tony’s keen sense of smell which probably only worsened the upset stomachs, he remembered how Shannon, at the beginning of her second trimester, could smell bourbon on his breath from across the room. It made her so ill she demanded he get it all out the house. One day, in a fit of rage, she broke all his liquor bottles, cutting herself in the process. She stalked across the kitchen, hands bloodied and full of purpose as she went for the jar of 180 proof moonshine in the freezer and he knew she was serious. He swore he’d take care of it-after he took care of her. His meek and sweet Shannon had momentarily become someone he didn’t recognize. As he bandaged her hands and distracted her with stories from his childhood he was forced to respect the burden of carrying a child and just what it could do to a woman. Or a man.

He actually began to wonder if Tony flagrantly disobeyed him by not following him home. With dinner practically done and the cozy house warm with the aromas of a home cooked meal, Gibbs was just about to check up on his wayward senior agent until he heard the bell followed by the opening of the beautifully crafted, unlocked front door. The door closed and fine Italian crafted steps slowly clipped across his pine floors.

“Smells good, boss.”

“Get lost, DiNozzo?”

“No. But I figured it was Friday, so I deserved to get wasted,” he said, walking into the kitchen from where he’d paused at the threshold. Gibbs back remained turned as he focused all his attention on the stove and a few pots steaming there. At the mention of getting wasted he turned around to look at Tony.

“Red Stripe?”

“It’s from Jamaica, mon,” Tony said in a pretty good imitation of the accent.

“That’ll do it,” Gibbs agreed, knowing it was less than wise to tell Tony he wouldn’t be drinking for quite some time. “But for a guy who hasn’t eaten since a piece of toast fourteen hours ago, I’d say you’d better wait until you’ve put something in your stomach,” Gibbs chuckled, but Tony wasn’t impressed.

“So you missed that part about getting wasted?” He asked, pulling out a stubby bottle and popping the cap. Tony took a swig and sighed, leaning against the counter as Gibbs stared at him. He wondered why Gibbs didn’t want him to drink, but brushed it off as less important than getting drunk and getting fucked. Gibbs, for his part, fought back the urge to swipe the bottle from Tony’s hands and pour it down the sink. He told himself that he should let Tony enjoy this last drink in blessed ignorance; tyranny was not the best course of action.

“Sit.” He ordered over his shoulder, pointing to the comfortable couch just outside the kitchen door when Tony moved towards the lovingly crafted kitchen table. Gibbs took a beer and joined him, making sure Tony followed directions. Tony collapsed onto the couch and sprawled while Gibbs leaned in the doorway separating the kitchen from the den. “What’s been happening, Tony?”

“I’m not sure what you mean, bo-“

“Don’t bullshit me, DiNozzo,” Gibbs barked, sounding just like the legendary Gunnery Sergeant Tony had heard so much about. Tony’s response was automatic.

“I really don’t know, boss. I’ve just been edgy lately and I sick to my stomach, not to mention my bacj has been killing me. But look on the bright side; I look hot minus ten pounds. Admit it,” Tony leered, waggling his eyebrows and rocking his hips saucily as he comfortably wedged himself into the corner of the couch, leaned back on a couple of pillows and let out a sigh. Gibbs noticed that he looked more comfortable after the confession. He imagined getting information from Tony might be hard and might have even left his senior agent feeling uncomfortable. But Tony almost seemed like he wanted to talk.

“You look pale and exhausted,” Gibbs said. “I’m more concerned with the last time you ate a good meal. Your cooking’s not so bad, Tony. What’ve you been feeding yourself?” Gibbs asked.

“Haven’t felt up to cooking lately. The smells turn my stomach- even when I’m hungry, touching and smelling raw meat is not an option. I’ve been ordering pizza and eating a lot of canned soup. Lately, my favorite pie has been giving me heartburn; canned soup and Jello have been my closest friends,” Tony chuckled, but Gibbs didn’t think it was funny when he considered his suspicions about Tony’s condition. He looked at Tony’s flushed face and watched Tony adjust himself for the third time, adding a quick squeeze at the end and shooting him a flirtatiously apologetic grin. Gibbs turned back around and went to cut off his pots. He didn’t want Tony to see his grimace of frustration with the way Tony was taking care of himself. And Gibbs really didn’t want Tony to see how turned on he was becoming after noticing the hard-on Tony wasn’t trying to downplay.

“I shouldn’t be surprised, DiNozzo. I had to practically move you in to make sure you’d take your medication. What do I have to do, start sending you casseroles every week?” Gibbs groused and it made Tony smile because Gibbs was worried about him. Tony, who had been mostly good all day, was horny and had been so long that he was leaking a bit. As soon as Gibbs had turned his back, Tony was rubbing his cock slowly, thinking about excusing himself to the bathroom.

“I could just eat whatever you eat since you’re such a paragon of nutritional health, Senor Rotgut,” Tony snapped playfully, almost camouflaging his sharp gasp at the spurt of pre-come suddenly escaping his covered cock. His slacks looked fine, but Tony knew his boxers were wet. He stopped rubbing himself, squeezing his eyes closed with the effort. When he heard Gibbs’s voice again, it was much closer than before.

“Sounds like a good arrangement, DiNozzo, if it’ll keep you from killing my best agent,” Gibbs growled from right above Tony. Tony sat up and released his cock , opening his eyes slowly. “Need help with that?” Gibbs asked, pushing Tony forward as he tossed the pillows and put himself in their place behind Tony in the corner of the couch. He didn’t wait for Tony to remember how to form words; he just pulled the silent man against his chest and palmed his crotch until he found what he was looking for. Gibbs’s fingers ghosted over Tony’s erection while his other hand wandered over Tony’s chest.

“Oh!” Tony sucked in a quick breath when Gibbs squeezed his cock. “I can’t… oh God,“ he moaned, putting his hands over Gibbs’s to make them stop moving. Tony didn’t want to come in his pants like some horny kid, but his body had other plans.

“Move your hands,” was all Gibbs said, but he was suddenly gripping Tony’s most tender parts and Tony knew he was serious. He was relieved that Gibbs actually stopped stroking him for a few seconds, but the rubbing at Tony’s chest was a bit too much. His nipples had been tender for a few days and the rough scratch of Gibbs’s fingernails hurt good enough to make him come. He held Gibbs’s hand to stop it from roaming across his chest then began to push it down.

“Take me out,” Tony meant it to sound like sexy demand but he could hear the pleading in his own voice. Tony was half sprawled on the coach, leaning back against Gibbs so that by turning his head to the left, he could hide his face in Gibbs’s neck.

“Hands,” was all Gibbs said and Tony put one hand on the back of the couch and the other clutched Gibbs’s left thigh. Gibbs slowly pulled Tony’s shirt from his pants and Tony moaned in arousal at the feel of Gibbs’s hands caressing his abs. He was so aroused that he hardly gave a thought to his newly protruding beer gut. Tony stole a glance when Gibbs made no moves to unbuckle his belt. Only fingertips skimmed beneath his waistline, following the trail of hair so that Tony’s hips thrust in encouragement. “Be patient,” Gibbs instructed and Tony rolled his eyes. Gibbs always had to be the boss so Tony wasn’t all that surprised at his domineering ways, but he was a bit shocked to find that he liked letting Gibbs have his way. Tony prided himself in showing his partner a good time but it was hot to be someone’s center of attention. It was one of the reasons he loved sex with Eliot; when Eliot fucked Tony, he knew that at that moment, he was the most important thing in Eliot’s world. That did it for Tony. Having Gibbs’s tease of a hand job was pushing all of Tony’s buttons.

“Shit!” Tony hissed when Gibbs pinched his swollen nipple. He moved to the other one and this time Tony’s cock jerked and gave a small spurt of wetness. “Oh? Oh, Gibbs, I have to come,” Tony whispered his warning in surprise then almost shouted, “WaitwaitwaitI’mgonnacome!” Tony went completely still.

“Not yet,” Gibbs said, squeezing the Tip of Tony’s cock and yanking his balls firmly.

“Fuck!” Tony shouted, twisting in Gibbs’s grip.

“Breathe with me,” Gibbs ordered, letting his chest rise and fall so Tony could feel the movement at his back. When Tony calmed, Gibbs’s hands went back to his bared chest, rubbing and pulling at his nipples. As Gibbs’s fingers became more demanding, Tony’s hips found a steady rhythm. Gibbs was feeling generous so he let Tony have the little bit of friction he could get from the layers of clothing covering his cock. The sharp surprise of a brutal flick to his nipple had Tony ejaculating a small geyser like a burp that accidently slipped out. It was enough to finally leave mark on his pants and Tony wondered again when Gibbs was going to take him out and get down to business. He didn’t want to disappoint Gibbs, but he didn’t feel like he had a choice. “Did you just come?” Gibbs stopped, looking at Tony’s crotch. Tony was ready to beg.

“Itsjustprecome! Iswearboss.” Tony hissed. When he felt Gibbs’s big palms cover his crotch, he sighed, hoping this was it.

“You’d better not be going soft on me, Tony. If you just came, we’re through playing for the night,” Gibbs warned, feeling the hardness still tenting Tony’s pants. Tony almost orgasmed at the thought that he might get more than a fucked up hand job out of this visit. He refocused his attention on trying to get this show on the road.

“I-I didn’tIdidn’tIdidn’t,” he chanted, focusing on breathing and not coming in his pants. He had to try another tactic. “It-It’s sensitive. It wants to come for you. Let me show you, Gibbs. Let me…” Tony was going for seduction, but could only muster a few stunted pleas.

“Only if you follow my rules, Tony. Do you understand?” Gibbs demanded, enjoying having Tony desperate and horny more than he imagined he would.

“Yes. Youmaketherules,” Tony rushed, wanting to get through this role play as soon as possible so he could get his reward.

“This belongs to me,” Gibbs said, groping at Tony’s cock, “and these are mine,” he pulled at each nipple as well while Tony closed his thighs to trap the hand giving him pleasure. It only took a few moments for Tony to realize that Gibbs had stopped the torturously slow stroke. Tony caught his breath and eventually relaxed, letting his knees fall apart obediently. “Good boy,” Gibbs praised before going on and Tony beamed and blushed so that he hid his face in Gibbs neck again. “Mine,” Gibbs growled, stroking Tony slowly, “and if you want my cock to come, you’d better ask me,” he said.

“PleasecanIcome?”

“No. But that’s a good start, Tony,” Gibbs assured him seriously.

“Pleaseletmepleaseletmepleaselet-“

“No begging unless I tell you to,” Gibbs barked then chuckled and Tony whimpered, running out of ideas. He was glad when Gibbs thrust three fingers in his mouth. Tony knew it was probably to shut him up, but he didn’t care; he worked those fingers mercilessly, showing Gibbs all the tricks he knew. It helped to focus on something else, while he endured that slow stroke. When Gibbs pulled his fingers out Tony plastered his mouth to Gibbs’s neck, sucking and tonguing until Gibbs turned and gave him what he wanted. Gibbs kissed Tony fiercely, licking and biting at his full lips, fighting for domination. It took a minute for Tony to relinquish control totally and just follow Gibbs’s lead. Once he did, Gibb’s began kissing him tenderly, nibbling at his lips and chin. “Are you ready to come?” Gibbs asked, rubbing his palm against the wet spot on Tony’s pants.

“God, Yes!”

“Who’s cock is this?”

“Yours!”

“And when do you get to come?”

“When you say so!” Tony said.

“Come for me, Tony,” Gibbs ordered and, without a thought, Tony started to feel a familiar tingle in his spine. His back arched and his hips gave a couple jerky starts and Gibbs smiled. “That’s it, Tony. Come for me good and hard.” Gibbs was rubbing Tony through the pants when Tony suddenly froze.

“Oh…oh, fuck!” He exclaimed, spilling into his shorts. Tony wore a satisfied grin even though it was yet another hand job from the man he wanted deep inside of him. On the bright side, he told himself, ‘I’m less than 15 minutes into this visit and I already came. Who knows what might happen after dinner,’ he thought, trying to compose himself before attempting to sit up. Gibbs didn’t seem to mind. He just stroked Tony’s arms and hair and hands which had been clenched in white knuckled grips for a bit too long. Despite what felt like endless teasing, Tony knew it had taken an embarrassingly short amount of time and very little touching to come. “Just so you know, I’ve been dying to shoot that load since coffee this morning,” Tony explained.

“Just so you know, from now on, you shoot only when I say you shoot. You should still have some sweats upstairs. Go clean up and be back here in 10 so we can eat,” Gibbs ordered, never once imagining that his lover might not obey him.

”Yes, Gibbs,” was all Tony said, sitting up and letting Gibbs help him right himself before pushing him towards the staircase.

“McGee bring you coffee, DiNozzo,” Gibbs asked Tony’s back in a way that made Tony cringe, hoping Gibbs didn’t know of his sudden and hopefully fleeting attraction to Special Agent Timothy McGee. Tony climbed the stairs to the master and found his clothes. He cleaned up by rote, only donning a Buckeye t shirt and sweats for dinner. Tony had several changes of clothes from the last time he stayed with Gibbs so he didn’t have to go commando, but Tony was nothing if not optimistic. He made it back downstairs, padding in on bare feet to a sumptuous but light chicken and rice stew which was fortunate because he didn’t think he’d be able to keep anything down at all.

“Thank you, boss,” Tony said, finishing his milk which Gibbs poured for him and made him drink despite his protests.

“You know I’ve got your six, Tony. If you still needed help, why didn’t you say so?”

“I know, It’s just… nothing” Gibbs just looked at Tony and Tony knew he wasn’t going to get off that easy. “I thought I might be imposing on you the last time you helped me because you didn’t really seem to like what you were doing-”

“I didn’t?” Gibbs asked, enjoying listening to Tony explain himself.

“Well, you wouldn’t let me reciprocate so I figured you probably didn’t…do that stuff much,” Tony trailed off.

“I do that stuff,” Gibbs said, dismissing Tony’s fears. “You know, Shannon was the sweetest person I’ve ever met. It took a lot to make her angry. She wasn’t hot tempered like they say redheads are. She was emotional- would cry at the drop of a hat. I almost forgot that the only times she cursed me was when she was pregnant.” Gibbs paused and Tony remained quiet, not really sure why Gibbs was mentioning his first wife instead of talking about sex. He never had before, but Tony didn’t want him to stop, even if it was some weird sort of rejection. “Her back hurt too,” Gibbs said, standing up and taking his bowl along with Tony’s into the kitchen. When he came back, he brought Tony a cup of tea and leaned in the doorway, holding a plastic bag. “Tony, your back hurts, your throwing up all day and you’re more emotional than usual. What does that sound like to you?”

“I don’t know what you’re talking about, boss. I’ve just been a little sick. I think maybe that whole cycle thing is starting up again, but it’s weird ‘cause it’s different this time- what’s that, boss?” Tony looked at the box Gibbs set in front of him. “A pregnancy test?”

“I got two. Go take it,” Gibbs said casually as if the idea of Tony being pregnant were an everyday thing.

“Ha!” Tony laughed and then couldn’t stop laughing until he started babbling. “You think I’m pregnant-I can’t be pregnant because I’m very careful and my friends always use condoms-“

“Condoms aren’t 100 percent effective,” Gibbs noted, managing to sound like he was just throwing out an interesting fact.

“And I’m a GUY and guys don’t get pregnant. I can’t be pregnant, Gibbs. This thing is just some old wives tale handed down. I mean, I’ve never seen proof of anything. I-I don’t even know why you got this,” Tony waved the blue box around haphazardly, “this test thing!” Tony looked frantic, like he didn’t know what to do, but that was okay because Gibbs knew what to do.

“Humor me. Go take the test,” he said, walking into the kitchen to clean up. Several minutes passed before Tony got up and walked away from the table. Gibbs wondered if he would storm out of the door. Ton had been a bit unpredictable these past few weeks. It had been Gibbs’s first clue that something was wrong. Now, he was just glad to hear Tony move toward the bathroom. Ten minutes passed and Gibbs decided he would endure five more minutes before going in after him. Then Tony walked out slowly and sat back down at the table, sipping tepid tea calmly.

“Who ever heard of a pregnant man? I mean, c’mon! Even if I were pregnant, this thing is made for a woman; it probably isn’t even a test that works on a man,” Tony reasoned, trying to convince himself.

“Where’s the test?” Tony handed the white wand to Gibbs who looked at it closely. “Two lines,” he said. “That means...”

“I’m pregnant. Supposedly. But I don’t buy it,” Tony said, looking much more collected than he had just minutes before when he first considered the idea.

“No?” Gibbs knew it was best to let Tony get this out of his system.

“It could be anything- a false positive! Who knows what my man hormones have done to confuse the poor test.”

“Take the other one. See if it says the same thing,” Gibbs suggested reaching for the other box.

“There were two in the box,” Tony said, pushing the first package across the table angrily. Gibbs checked the other wand then looked at Tony who refused to meet his gaze. “How could this happen? I’m always careful. What am I going to do?” Tony wondered more to himself than to the man across the table with ice blue eyes that were warm with concern. He stood and came around the table behind Tony. He cuffed his head lightly and had to stop himself from running his fingers through Tony’s short hair. He settled for Tony’s neck and shoulders, which he massaged generously.

“You’re going to stop worrying about this until we can verify everything. You were right about one thing, Tony; these tests weren’t made for you. Who knows how accurate they are? It’s probably nothing,” Gibbs lied but Tony didn’t bother calling him on it. “We’ll find out first thing tomorrow. Tonight, you rest and let me take your mind off things,” Gibbs said, drawing Tony out of his seat and back up the stairs. Tony followed obediently, still in a bit of shock but unwilling to pass up the chance to be with Gibbs. Given the choice, Gibbs would rather have held Tony and promised his senior agent he’d take care of him but he knew it’d be easier for Tony to accept the physical comfort of sex. When they reached the master, Gibbs pulled Tony to the bed and, without preamble, pulled his shirt over his head and pushed down Tony’s sweats until he could step on them between Tony’s bare feet. Tony pulled each foot away slowly until he stood completely naked in front of Gibbs who didn’t move to take off one piece of clothing. Tony almost groaned, more than a little turned on by the power play. Gibbs just smiled as he closed in, finally speaking just as his lips brushed Tony’s, “I knew it’d be easy to get you out of your clothes, but I didn’t think it would be this easy,”

“We can’t both play hard to get,” Tony shot back just before Gibbs claimed his lips in a devouring kiss. “What the fu-“the noisy smack of Gibbs hand on his ass had Tony jerking back from Gibbs invading tongue. “And to think, all I had to do was get knocked up,” Tony groused as Gibbs grabbed his ass with both hands and pulled his checks apart as he stuck his tongue as far down Tony’s throat as possible. Gibbs’s’ fingers roamed up and down his crevice, circling the puckered ring and massaging Tony’s root with searching fingers that had Tony humping Gibbs’s thigh like an excited puppy. Tony moaned with each sweep of the talented fingers. He didn’t stop moaning until early the next morning.
Proof by joblo
~

11:30, Saturday

“Mmmm! It’s better than Tony’s lasagna!” Ziva pronounced after sampling MCGee’s pastitsio.

“I’m glad you like it.”

“I do. I’m sure your date will be very impressed. Have you cooked for her before?” Ziva asked, fishing for information.

“Oh, sure. But I’ve never made this dish before.” McGee explained distractedly from his computer. “You know, we should probably tell Tony and Gibbs about what Jardine found.”

“So the same person hacked Connors and DiNozzo. We don’t have anything else, Tim.”

“Maybe not, but we have another piece to the puzzle and I think Tony needs to get checked out so we can be sure there’s nothing wrong with him, don’t you?”

“He has been acting strange lately,” Ziva hedged, wondering how they would tell Tony they’ve been snooping around behind his back.

“Let’s go,” Tim said, grabbing his jacket and heading towards the door. Ziva followed without argument. In the car silence reigned until McGee took the interstate.

“We’re going to Gibbs’s house? Don’t you think we should tell Tony first?”

“Ideally, Ziva. But early Saturday follows late Friday which means Tony’s either not at home or dead to the world. We can call him once we get to Gibbs’s.” They pulled up to the handsome house with the perfectly cut grass and trimmed hedges and pulled into the empty driveway. “What do you think, basement or backyard?”

“It is a beautiful day and…I smell a grill,” Ziva said leaving her path to the front door and going around the back. Tim knocked on the door then opened it slowly. “Gibbs? It’s McGee. You in the basement?” He shouted, walking towards the kitchen door to the basement.

“No, Tim,” he said, walking out of the kitchen to open the French doors leading to the deck. “Ziva,” he greeted the smiling woman standing next to his grill.

“Hello, Gibbs,” she said, stepping aside so he could put the foil wrapped foods he carried on the grill. “It smells wonderful Gibbs, are you expecting company?”

“Well, you’re here,” he said, paying them little attention as he turned his meat.

“Yeah. We didn’t mean to crash your party but we wanted to run something by you…”

“Does it look like a party, McGee?” Gibbs growled a bit impatiently. “What do you got?”

“We had Agent Jardine do some searching when Tony started acting strange some weeks ago and she didn’t find much, but when she went back this week his files had been hacked and redacted just like Connors’.” Tim waited for the information to sink in. “Boss, this is a one of a kind hack. I’m sure it’s got to be the same program being used in both cases and I’ve never seen anything like it before,” Tim explained.

“Also,” Ziva stepped in, “Apparently Tony has some genetic abnormality that someone is trying to hide which may be related to this strange panda death. We won’t know anything until we find out what’s wrong with Tony.”

“What makes you think something’s wrong with Tony?” Gibbs asked, but when he looked at Tim and Ziva, they just looked confused, unable to believe he hadn’t noticed his agent’s strange behavior. Gibbs smiled a shrug and turned back to his grill.

“I’ll call Tony,” Ziva said, dialing his home number which clicked over to an answering service. She hung up and tried his cell.

“Not at home?” McGee asked knowingly. He turned from where he stood in the doorway and followed the ring with Ziva tailing him. “Boss, was Tony here last night,” he asked, grabbing Tony’s phone from Gibbs end table.

“He’s here now,” Gibbs said, picking up his own phone and dialing a number. “Hey. You know that problem Tony was worried about a couple of months ago? We need to have him checked out. I know. I know. Good, c’mon over then,” Gibbs said, hanging up the phone and going back to his grill. “There’s beer in the fridge, help yourself.” Ziva and McGee exchanged curious looks behind Gibbs’s back. In the end, McGee just smiled, refusing to ask questions for which he’d soon have answers. He considered telling Ziva to not interrogate their boss, but was too entertained by the prospect. He schooled his face when she began to speak.

“Where is Tony? We didn’t notice his car. Did he sleep here? ” Ziva asked, putting a halt to all questions when those icy blue eyes caught her own.

“His car is in the garage. He’ll be down,” was all Gibbs would say as he met her curious stare. She smiled and dropped her line of questioning.

“Beer?” she asked McGee, following him into the kitchen. Gibbs hurried up the stairs to check on his guest.

~

Tony woke to a slap on his ass, itchy sheets and sweaty air. He wondered where he was, but then remembered a dream of rough sex with his favorite Gunny Sergeant. He ran through his favorite memory of Gibbs pushing him onto the bed and kissing him senseless until all Tony could do was open for Gibbs to explore the way he wanted. All the while, Gibbs’s hands confidently mastered Tony’s body, both restraining and liberating it to focus on the pleasure Gibbs forced on him. He recalled waking in the early morning darkness to Gibbs kneeling over him, refusing to let Tony turn his body but forcing him to contort his head with a commanding kiss and an intoxicating glare. Tony stared at him with each hitching breath and every broken moan of satisfaction until Gibbs’s every stroke made Tony shudder and Gibbs’s demand to, “Come. Now,” could not be denied.

It was a rough session that left Tony aching from positions he’d never been in and aggravated his already hoarse voice. Waking to memories of the night before would’ve been more pleasurable if Gibbs had the decency to buy better sheets, Tony thought, cursing the low thread count as he tossed restlessly. He didn’t even mind the slap on the ass and the gruff warning, “We have visitors so make yourself presentable; none of that running around in your birthday suit,” which was exactly what Tony would’ve done had Gibbs not warned him. Just as fast as he came, Gibbs was gone and Tony lay half awake, lost in his memories. He didn’t really want to get up, but the sun was shining so high in the sky that he knew it had to be close to noon. Besides, he wondered what Gibbs got up to on a Saturday morning. He rolled out of bed and padded into the bathroom to make himself presentable. He tried his favorite pair of worn jeans that hugged his ass just so, but had trouble buttoning them. Tony threw them to the floor in disgust, opting for a pair of Gibbs’s slightly larger jeans which sagged a bit but didn’t look ridiculous. “Wranglers,” Tony huffed in dismay as he pulled a plain white t-shirt over his head and made his way downstairs.

“All I’m saying is that he hasn’t been looking so good lately and yesterday was no exception, Gibbs. Now we have these cryptic reports-“

“Cryptic. Excellent description, Ziva,” McGee chimed in.

“If something is wrong with Tony, you ought to tell us, Gibbs.”

“Are you telling me what I ought to do, Ziva?” Gibbs used the Hebrew pronunciation, making her name sound like ‘Ziver’ as he stared into her eyes.

“I am his partner. And his friend,” she said, refusing to back down and Gibbs just smiled. He took a swig of beer and turned back to his grill. Gibbs liked Ziva’s possessiveness because he knew she had Tony’s best interests in mind. But he also knew what he was doing and it wasn’t telling Tony’s secrets.

“You’d think my friend would be able to ask me what’s wrong,” Tony teased, swiping Ziva’s beer on his way to check out the grill. “Nice, boss!” Gibbs turned to Tony and disarmed the Italian with a charming smile as he took the bottle out of his hand, placing it on the other side of the grill, out of Tony’s reach.

“I have asked you, Tony. You always say nothing is wrong or you’re just hung over, o-or-“

“Or you’re trying to lose a few pounds,” McGee added as Tony paced.

“Which you actually have, Tony. Kudos. Though I’ve been meaning to ask about your particular regimen… perhaps I could make some suggestions to optimize your results,” Ziva suggested, gently tapping her tummy and giving Tony a knowing smile.

“Are you calling me fat, Ziva?” Tony bristled, actually offended by her suggestion. It didn’t hurt that he couldn’t comfortable squeeze into his favorite jeans anymore. Ziva opened her mouth to answer just as everyone heard a commotion at the door. Abby stomped through the house in green Doc Marten’s that matched her green skull and crossbones t shirt she wore under overalls. She threw herself into Tony’s arms, flattening herself against his front until she pulled back in surprise, rubbing his belly.

“Gee, Tony. I never noticed your pooch underneath all those thousand dollar suits. This is more serious than I thought!”

“Oh! Abby implies he is fat and it doesn’t bother him at all!” Ziva railed at the unfairness.

“Hush your mouth! I’d never call Tony fat! I’d never even imply such a silly thing,” she said, taking the bottle that found its way back into Tony’s hands and giving him a ‘you know better’ look.

“I’ll take that,” Ziva said, reclaiming her beer and drinking it in Tony’s face. “Nice boots, Abby.”

“Thanks,” she beamed. “It’s my habitat for humanity day. Luckily I was able to get sister Rosita to do the electrical work for me while I came to check on Tony. Tony, my friend has a facility that we can use and it’s closed today because she’s out of town visiting family. We can go as soon as you’re ready,” Abby said, making it obvious she thought he should be ready immediately.

“You’re not leaving until you get something in your stomach, DiNozzo,” Gibbs said, sliding back into his strictly business mode, but Tony didn’t mind. Tony knew it was mostly a show for the others. Tony would’ve pointed out the obvious- that something was already in his stomach, but he was still in denial. He wondered if the fact that he could admit he was in denial meant he wasn’t actually in denial, but thinking about it hurt his head. He decided to focus on eating and getting to this “facility” to find out the truth. Abby turned out to be a godsend because she kept the conversation lively when it became obvious that Tony wasn’t going to say much. Gibbs, on a good day, hardly uttered a syllable, so Abby, Tim, and Ziva made small talk until everyone finished eating.
“Ziva and I have to get out of here-“

“We do no-“ McGee cut her off before she could harass Gibbs or Tony further.

“We do not want to miss the farmer’s market which closes in an hour,” he said, pulling her arm and escorting her toward the door. Ziva was more than peeved at not finding out what was going on with Tony, but McGee assured her that they’d know soon enough. Pulling away from Gibbs’s house, he explained, “I’ll get it out of Abby later on.”

“You’d better, McGee. I can’t believe we came out here and found out nothing!”

“Not nothing. We know that Tony, Gibbs, and Ziva all think something needs to be ‘checked’. We just don’t know what. Yet.”

~

Abby had Gibbs and Tony out of the house and following her as soon as Ziva and Tim left. They pulled up to a business park in a swanky part of Maryland before parking and following Abby to the gated entrance. She put in a code then stepped into the foyer before unlocking a French doors that lead to a stately appointed waiting room with a sign that read ‘Precious Pictures’ on the wall in a tasteful if playful font.

“Normally they’d be crowded on a Saturday, but Louise had to go to San Antonio for her grandmother’s 89th birthday. She kinda owes me for fixing an electrical problem last month when she would’ve had to have her insurance cover the horrible rate some crook was trying to make her pay. Anyway, we get free ultrasounds, so that’s cool, right?”

“You know how to do an ultra sound, Abby?” Tony asked warily.

“Well, it’s not rocket science and I figure I’ve seen plenty of them before,” she said, dropping her lunchbox on a chair in the waiting room and going down the hall to the first ‘studio’. “Hop up here, Tony. Open your pants and pull your shirt up,” she smiled, patting the elevated check up table. She expected some lewd joke, but Tony was too occupied with the procedure.

“Do I have to use the… thingies?” Tony asked, pointing at the stirrups which Abby quickly folded back into the table with an understanding smile.

“Just relax,” she said, pulling the gel from under her thigh when Tony looked comfortable, hoping it wasn’t cold. “This may be a bit cool,” she warned, squirting Tony’s abdomen and rolling the wand to spread the gel. Tony rested his head against the comfortably reclined table and squeezed his eyes shut. Gibbs had been silent since they arrived and he said nothing as they stared at the screen until it was obvious what they were all looking at. Tony however, kept his eyes shut and Gibbs tried to stop himself from smiling at his senior agent and suddenly realized he was already grinning. Grinning. He’d never had the chance to take Shannon to the doctor and he stared at the monitor in shock as the images became startlingly clear.

“Is that…?” Gibbs asked.

“It is.” Abby answered slowly.

“What is it? Is it deformed? What’s wrong?” Tony babbled, his voice filled with dread.

“It’s twins, Tony,” Abby beamed contagiously, hoping Tony wouldn’t freak out.

“What? It can’t be! Are you sure, cause I’ve been thinking that these butterflies I’ve been feeling are really just a bit of food poisoning from those clams I had last week,-“ Tony babbled. His eyes were still tightly shut and Gibbs recognized Tony’s fidgeting as a harbinger of impending flight.

“Look, Tony,” Gibbs ordered in his gentlest tone. He held Tony’s hand and looked into his eyes until the younger man calmed down. It helped that Gibbs was blocking the “It’s alright. You’re gonna be alright. Check out your kids,” he said, demanding Tony look at him with a nudge to his chin. When Gibbs was sure Tony was calm he smiled, turning and pointing to the image on the screen mounted to the wall.

Tony just stared at the screen as Abby moved the angle of their view slowly. It was a couple of minutes before he said anything. “I thought it was supposed to be a black and white blob that didn’t look like anything. I can see their faces. He’s sucking his thumb,” Tony was awestruck.

“This ain’t your mama’s ultrasound. This is a 4D image, Tony!”

“I get 3D, but what’s 4D?” Gibbs murmured, a bit stunned as well.

“It’s really not 4D, but this image adds color… and sound, I think, if I knew how to work this machine,” Abby said, fiddling with buttons. “Disco!” She chirped and a swishing sound accompanied by quick little pats could be heard in surround sound. “Okay, the placenta looks good and vital signs for both babies are perfect. I can tell you that at about twelve weeks, we can hear the heart, and the baby should be about two to three inches long. Of course, your kids might be shorter since multiple births usually are…” Abby trailed off, staring at the screen then looking at Tony.

“What’s wrong, Abby?” Tony whispered.

“Nothing. I-It’s just that I’m probably reading the equipment wrong since it looks like this kid is about 5 inches long. That sounds more like 20 weeks than 12, Tony.”

“It hasn’t even been three months, Abby. I’m still not even sure how this all happened,” Tony whined, as if that mattered now.

“Didn’t you say you had butterflies, Tony. That sounds like the babies moving. How long has that been going on?” Gibbs asked.

“Excellent question Gibbs!” Abby chimed while Tony was thinking about his answer.

“A little less than two weeks now,” Tony said, almost relieved to be able to talk about it now that his worse fears were realized. “Sometimes after I eat I get the worst rumblings. I thought it was just really bad indigestion. Then in the early morning, I wake up to that sick, fluttering feeling. It’s been driving me crazy,” Tony admitted.

“I’m no expert, but I’m pretty sure babies start to move around the 20th week and if you’re babies have been moving for a while, you’re probably in your second trimester, Tony. Are you sure you couldn’t have gotten pregnant earlier?”

“Positive. It had to be during my last cycle.”

“Then maybe male pregnancies progress quicker than female pregnancies?” Abby asked, making her best guess. “We need an expert, Gibbs,” she said, turning off the machine and wiping everything down.

“Yeah. And I know just who to call. She owes me one,” Gibbs said, squeezing Tony’s hand and stepping outside the room to make his call.

~

Gibbs listened to Abby chatter excitedly only occasionally disrupted by Tony’s horrified gasp. “No, no, no! No way I’m shopping in the maternity section of Target!” But then Abby just laughed and started talking about names and soon Tony was saying, “Skylar? That’s a dog’s name!” Gibbs smiled as he listened to the phone annoyingly drone on.

“Dr. Jones’s phone! How can we help you?” he finally heard from a chipper voice flirting shamelessly. “This wouldn’t happen to be the ‘ruggedly handsome, no-nonsense marine, would i-‘“

“Give it here- Agent Gibbs? Do you have something for me?” Martha asked.

“Shouldn’t I be asking you that? You’re the one whole stole my crime scene,” Gibbs reminded her, but he was in such a good mood that his smiled infected his words with sweetness so he sounded like he was making a joke.

“Touche, Gibbs and I’m sorry for dodging your call, but I don’t have anything to give you.”

“I’m not calling for that either. Actually, I guess I am.”

“Now I’m confused,” Martha laughed and waited for the man to speak.

“Agent DiNozzo could use an expert opinion about his condition, and if all the things you’ve told me today are true, you’re probably the most expert opinion we’re going to find.” He was cryptic, he knew, but Gibbs didn’t want to tell her something so serious over the phone. He was prepared to charm and cajole her if necessary, but she swung into action. Martha’s voice became focused and commanding.

“Your location?” She demanded.

“Where in Arlington but we’re headed back to D.C.-“

“DO NOT move the patient, Agent Gibbs. Tell me where you are and we’ll be there shortly,” Martha ordered, hoping Tony wasn’t somehow infested with the Mayfly.

“Just you. This is a delicate situation- especially for agent DiNozzo.”

“No worries, mate; I’m bring the real expert,” she said, ringing off when her phone picked up their location. “Take us here, Jack. Now,” Martha demanded as she pointed at dot on her phone.

“What’s wrong? Another Mayfly casualty?”

“Sounds like. One of the NCIS agents.” Martha didn’t bother mentioning he was the cute one, the funny one, the one she knew Jack would’ve liked. But he could read the remorse on her face. He tapped in coordinates on his wristband then gently took her by the arm and winked as he lied.

“Let’s go save him then.”

“Brilliant!” Martha gasped, looking around the sparse lot of the business park they suddenly found themselves in. “You ought to use that thing more often, Jack!”

“Yes,ma’am! Really, Martha, I had no idea you’d get such a kick out of my thing,” Jack leered, marching them towards the glass double doors. Jack tried the door to the suite and found it locked. They heard muffled conversation in the back and a giggling voice shout out.

“Sorry. We’re closed.”

“But we’ve an appointment, actually,” Martha pointed out. Seconds later, Gibbs appeared at the door, ushering them into the waiting room. “Special Agent Gibbs, this is Captain Jack Harkness,” Martha said, looking past Gibbs so she didn’t notice the assessing look the agent gave her old friend. She wondered at Gibbs’s relaxed demeanor, trying not to storm into the back in search of Agent DiNozzo. Gibbs just paused and took in Jack’s dimpled chin, suspenders and floor sweeping coat.

“A little hot for that coat. Captain,” Gibbs said, not trusting the man for a minute.

“But it looks good. And you wouldn’t believe the compliments,” he grinned, acknowledging the fleeting look of interest on Gibbs’s face. If he’s a captain, Gibbs thought, I’m a fool in love. He didn’t think too hard about the image of Tony laughing that suddenly sprang to mind; Gibbs had a valid point.

“Captain of what?”

“You couldn’t ask for a better person for our little consultation so let us see the patient,” Martha insisted, tugging Gibbs until he turned towards the back. But Gibbs refused to move. He looked at Martha’s hand where it rested on his arm then looked back at Martha.

“That’s just it; I don’t know him but I do know he’s not who he claims to be and I’m not trusting Tony’s condition to just anybody-“

“If it helps, I have no other name,” Jack added carelessly.

“It’s imperative that I see the patient now, Agent Gibbs!”

“Why? Tony’s not going anywhere.”

“So he’s not in pain yet? What are his symptoms, Agent Gibbs?”

“Surprisingly enough, the average: morning sickness, cravings, irritability, … and he’s kind of weepy,” Gibbs explained watching the confusion on their faces. “He’s pregnant, doctor. With your expertise in the weird and supposedly alien, I figured you’d be the best person to ask.

“So there’s no insect in his bloodstream and he’s not about to go boom like the panda?” Jack clarified.

“God, no!”

“Oi! You had me worried for a minute there, Jethro.” Martha complained with a stiff punch to Gibbs’s arm then smiled at her companion. “It seems Captain Jack is more suited to your purpose than ever,” she beamed and headed to the back rooms. Gibbs and Jack followed and soon they all joined Abby and Tony who were still watching the babies on the monitor. “Agent DiNozzo. Nice to see you again. I’ve brought someone for you to speak with. This is Captain Jack Harkness.”
Old Relatives by joblo
Author's Notes:
Tony gets ... help from a distant relative.
Technically incestuous in a distant relative sort of way, so if that squicks you, watch out for the section separated by ************


~


“Captain? What’s with the retro flyboy coat?” Jack opened his mouth to respond, but Tony beat him to it, “Nevermind. I like it!”

“I’m glad,” Jack gave him a smoldering look and dutifully ignored the growl coming from Gibbs who crossed over to Tony’s side and took up residence there as if he were the younger agent’s personal sentry. “Well, I can’t say this was what I expected, but you will be glad to know you should be just fine. Take it from someone who’s been there; even with primitive 21st century technology, you shouldn’t have any problems,” Jack assured.

“Get out of here! You mean you’ve been pregnant?” Abby demanded with a stage whisper.

“Briefly, many, many lifetimes ago,” Jack smiled but maintained eye contact with Tony. The young agent’s mouth moved but words didn’t come out. “I’m sure you have plenty of questions but I assure you, this will be like any female child birth if-“

“But I’m not a female! I don’t have what females have … down there.” Tony gestured awkwardly. “How can it be ‘like any female child birth’?” Tony imitated Jack flawlessly, with an indignant glare.

“This will be like any female childbirth if your condition is as I suspect. Agent DiNozzo, any number of things could be happening to you. First, let the doctor verify this is what you think it is.”

“Way ahead of you. I can promise you, doctor, it doesn’t look like a swarm of mosquitos, so I think I’m safe if that’s what you’re worried about.”

“May I?” Martha asked, holding out her hand to Abby who gladly handed over the equipment and stepped aside. “The thought had crossed my mind, Agent DiNozzo, however,” Martha silently squirted more gel and rubbed against the small pooch of Tony’s belly, “I agree with your assumption. You seem to be pregnant with two human children.” She looked to Jack, wondering what to do next since she knew very little about male pregnancy except that it existed in the future.

“Is this your first pregnancy?” Jack asked.

“Of course.”

“Does that mean you’re surprised? How long have you known you could get pregnant?” Jack demanded.

“How is all this important? Just tell me how to fix this! What am I supposed to do?” Tony ordered, sound a bit flustered for all his put-on dominance.

“Male pregnancy is fairly common- centuries from now. If I’m going to help you, I need to know how you came to be this way. Maybe your condition is nothing like what I’ve experienced. We need to figure that out before I start giving you advice. So did something change recently, were you born this way?- It’s important.” Jack gave Tony his best empathetic smile and wait. It only took seconds for the words to bubble forth and, once they did, it seemed there was no plugging the fount.

“You have any deep dark family secrets? You strike me as a man with many secrets, Captain Jack. How’s this for a secret, the men in my family can become pregnant! At least that’s what my mother told me, but she was kind of crazy so I mostly dismissed it until I was sent to military school and all these weird things started happening. By that time, I was ready to graduate and my mother was long dead. My father looked at me like I was an idiot when I asked him and then, when he saw my symptoms for himself, he treated me like a pariah. He sent me away and it was the best thing he could’ve done because my uncle Clive was exactly the man I needed to meet.”

“DiNozzo,” Jack said, searching his memory for the name. “When did your family immigrate to America?”

“Late 1880’s I’ve been told. My uncle Sal-“

“But what about your mother’s side? What was her maiden name?” Jack wondered.

“Paddington.”

“Clive Paddington was her brother?” Jack asked freezing for a moment and looking Tony in the eyes.

“Uncle Clive! You knew him? What can I say, smoothest operator east of the pond, right?” Tony laughed at the coincidence but Jack remained subdued.

“We were close when he was much younger. If you thought he was something in his forties, you should’ve seen him as a young man, rich and handsome and slick enough to talk the bloomers off a nun.”

“How would you know? You can’t be much older than DiNozzo,” Gibbs demanded in a tone that would brook no argument. It was a tone that had Jack responding, no matter how much he wanted to ignore the senior agent’s question.

“But I am. I’m much older than anyone here and I knew Clive as a young man. Not even I was immune to his charm.”

“Are you saying you and Uncle Clive…?” Abby piped in.

“God, no! Although I had every intention before I realized he was my grandson.” He held his hand up to ward off the barrage of questions aimed at him. “Quite a shock, I know but the good news is now, we know where this genetic mutation comes from.” Jack smiled, pleased with himself and oblivious to the confused mutterings of the two scientists behind him. His eyes were only for Tony who just stared at him is disbelief.

“Does that make you my great grand-father?” Tony laughed, playing along.

“I guess so.” The two men watched each other intently. Tony was eying Jack warily while the older man looked back with a pleasantly blank expression. It only took a minute to explain how Martin Paddington, Clive’s father, was the son of Beaumont Paddington whose wife died mysteriously when she was thought to have caught an illness first found in her husband. “Beaumont languished for few weeks according to the scant records we found. When he came out of his convalescence, his wife was dead and there was a baby. Officially, Doris Paddington died in childbirth.”

“Unofficially?” Gibbs said, when Jack seemed reluctant to continue.

“Unofficially, Doris had a hysterectomy after their first child, Alice who was stillborn. Beaumont gave birth to the child and his wife’s death was just a convenient tool he used to cover it up. But there never would’ve been a Beaumont Paddington if there wasn’t a Beaumont Holroyd,” Jack said, not wanting to say anymore. He was quickly approaching the hinky part and he knew it was doubtful some hard-boiled detective and his hard-as-nails marine boss would believe a word he said. The tension in the air was tangible. The need to know hung in the air so heavily that it was obvious Jack had no way out; he would have to tell Tony the truth. Martha looked at Tony and the quiet but intimidating man standing behind him and knew they wouldn’t accept anything less than the whole story. She looked at Jack and knew that even their expectations wouldn’t stop him from trying to get out of telling it all.

“Holroyd? As in Emily Holroyd?” Martha asked, innocently demanding the truth as she checked Jack’s story against the facts she knew.

“Who’s she?” Tony asked.

“Only the head of a secret British intelligence agency founded by Queen Victoria herself. A rather famous lady in some circles,” Martha explained.

“And infamous in others,” Jack grinned lecherously but Tony was no stranger to the façade and noticed a sadness behind the leer. Tony instantly decided he didn’t like this Emily Holroyd and that made Jack smile because he could read Tony just as easily as Tony was reading him.

“Don’t be so quick to judge, Anthony,” he admonished, sounding like a wizened old man for just a moment. “She was a beautiful girl, short and sexy with blonde hair that fell down her back. Not that she would ever be caught wearing her hair down. She actually refused to wear a dress and she carried a gun- in 19th century London- you gotta respect a girl like that!” Jack laughed to himself.

“It was Wales actually,” Martha rejoined, “and I hear you got up close and personal with that .22.”

“So she shot me. In the head. More than once- but that’s not the point is it?”

“What is the point?”

“Emily Holroyd is the reason you’re here today. Sure she was a bit trigger happy and violent, but she was a singular woman and a hero in her own right. I’ve read of a Breck Annesley in old case files. He was an agent sent to find me but I was long gone. All he found was Emily and Alice or they found him which seems much more likely. He was with child and they were used to handling strange things so they told him they’d help him. But when the child was born, I guess Annesley didn’t want anything to do with it. All I know is what’s in the files and the files say Annesley went on with his assignment and that same year Emily Holroyd adopted a baby boy. She named him Beaumont Holroyd.”

“Where’d Paddington come from?” Tony wondered.

“Well, like most people in Emily’s profession, she died very young not a year later and there are no more records about any Holroyd’s during that time. However, Alice Guppy did marry a Thaddeus Paddington who gave her young son his name and raised Beaumont as his own.”

“So this Alice Guppy took the baby when Holroyd died?”

“Alice was Emily’s girl. I have a hard time seeing Emily actually caring for an infant. Saving it from being abandoned, yes, but changing diapers and midnight feedings? No, that would’ve been Alice’s job. When Emily was killed, Alice took their baby and found herself a rich husband to take care of her. Thaddeus Paddington couldn’t have children so he was more than happy to adopt Beaumont and pass him off as his own.”

“So the Paddington family line is actually the Annesley family line? Big deal.” Tony said, wondering what this had to do with his being pregnant.

“It is a big deal when you know that Annesley was a time agent sent from the future to find me. Emily had been blackmailing me to work for her and I had nowhere to go, so I stayed. Eventually I grew tired of her and left Cardiff. When Annesley came, I was long gone, but if it’s his genes we’re dealing with, I know exactly what to expect from your pregnancy, Tony.”

“Good. That story was getting crazier by the second. Just tell me something I can use, Jack. Tell me how I’m going to get these kids out of here.” Tony pointed to his stomach with both hands as Martha finished wiping him clean and putting away the ultrasound.

“You’re going to grow a hole a week or so before you give birth and then after your babies are born, it will close up like it never existed. See? No worries.” Jack smiled.

“So, I can’t just have them cut out? I think I like that option a lot more. I’ll just schedule a cesarean and check into the hospital when I’m ready. When’s that? 40 weeks?”

"About half of that. In the future, male pregnancy is designed to help repopulate the earth. As an incentive, men are offered duty compensation for becoming fathers. Instead of required military service each decade, men are given the option of childbearing. Every five years, men have to give six months of service to the military. If you carry a child for six months, you were exempt for 10 years. They engineered a way for men to carry a child to full term in just six months and have natural birth. By the look of things, you’re due in less than twelve weeks. Maybe ten? I’m no expert, but I remember halfway through you start to feel the baby kick. Have they been kicking?” He paused and looked at Tony who was silent but clearly nodded. “For how long?”

“Maybe two weeks? I thought it was indigestion and cramps and… I don’t know,” Tony almost whispered, sounding more and more worried as Jack filled in the details and it became more real. After many more questions and a little more reassurance, Tony seemed less upset but Gibbs wasn’t fooled by his quiet behavior and neither was Jack. The news that in the next two months, Tony’s stomach would balloon to twice its size and he would have to stop working was hard reality to swallow. The best case scenario was that he would be on desk duty. The worst case was that he would be home on medical leave.

“I should probably do a quick exam, Tony. We’ll step out while you undress from the waist down,” Jack said moving out of the room followed by Martha and Abby. Gibbs moved slowly out of the room, closing the door behind him and standing there quietly, eyeing Jack with suspicion. Jack walked into another room and laid his coat over a chair. He rifled around the room for a few necessities then left back out to stand in the hallway with Gibbs who still stood next to the door. A few minutes passed before Jack moved to the door which Gibbs blocked easily. “I need to talk to Tony alone.” Jack spoke loud enough for Tony to hear and Martha came running from the doctor’s office with Abby on her heels.

“Dr. Jones. You’re the only person qualified to examine Tony,” Gibbs said, still standing in front of the door and looking into Jack’s eyes. As much as Gibbs wanted to, he couldn’t ignore the thumping and shouting from inside the room. Obediently, he opened the door, giving Tony a calming glance before turning around to look at Dr. Jones.

“It’s true; I am the only doctor, but in this instance, I think Jack is the more qualified to tell you about your condition.” Martha offered.

“Yeah.” Jack relented, considering his distant relation to the man he was preparing to feel up. “Martha can do the exam and I’ll just tell her what to check… Tony, this will be quick, but it will also require intimate contact. I just assumed you’d rather as few people witnessed it as possible. If you want a doctor to do the exam that’s fine. Whatever makes you most comfortable, Tony,” Jack finished, waiting for Tony’s decision.

“Just Jack is fine. Let’s get this over with,” Tony sighed, leaning back in the chair and closing his eyes. He listened as the door closed but he only heard one pair of feet moving around. “Gibbs?” Tony murmured quietly.

“Tony?” The gruff but playful answer came from the door. “You want me to stay?” Gibbs asked when Tony remained silent.

“Please, boss?”

“I figured,” he said, and Tony could hear him cross the room and suddenly he was right there, squeezing Tony’s shoulder. When he opened his eyes though, all he saw was Jack sitting on a stool at his knees. The handsome man reached down to adjust the chair and maybe take something out of a drawer, Tony hoped, but he cringed when he saw the stirrups pull out like claws demanding his flesh.

“Do I have to use those?” Tony asked

“Yes.”

“What exactly are you gonna do to me, granddad?” Tony demanded, reminding Jack to not try anything funny.

“I assure you, the next few minutes are necessary even if the task is a bit daunting for both of us. Just close your eyes and listen. I’m going to explain to you how you will deliver these babies and show you what you need to do to help the process. The engineers of what you call male pregnancy enhanced the process of pregnancy, making it more pleasurable than natural pregnancy.”

“What do you call it?” Tony wondered aloud.

“Regenesis. Enhanced pregnancy. We manufactured pregnancy because we needed to repopulate Earth.” Jack patted the stirrups while he told his story with a smile and Tony slowly did as expected. Jack told a great story and Tony, who considered himself a great storyteller, appreciated that. Tony didn’t, however, believe much of anything the guy in red suspenders had to say. But Gibbs brought him, so Tony tried to relax and ignore the smell of the gloves hanging out of Jack’s pocket because it made him think of condoms and that was making him scared he’d tent the sheet.“Your pregnancy is different. Not only is it shorter, but it’s accompanied by mass production of hormones and pheromones that jump start the male libido.” Jack paused. “Tony, this isn’t a conversation I’d have in front of my boss, if you know what I mean. Where’s your partner? The babies’ father?”

“Long gone. Gibbs is okay. What do you need to tell me?”














*********************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************







“Well,” Jack began, slapping on gloves that he found while Tony was undressing, “for starters, you’re going to be horny as hell and just about anything might set you off. You have heightened senses that easily trigger arousal or, of course, nausea at any moment. But you already know this,” he reasoned, looking at Tony’s sarcastically surprised face. What you might not know is how important it is to give in to these urges whenever possible.”

“You’re telling me I should give in to the urge to vomit in public?” Tony laughed.

“I’m telling you to fuck as much as possible,” Jack smiled, using a matter of fact tone that ended Tony’s laughter. Tony could hear the squirt of KY but was still surprised to feel the warm and slick touch between his legs. “This space between your sac and your ass is your perineum and it’s going to be getting really sensitive if it isn’t already. This is the area is where you will develop … an exit for your babies,” Jack explained, rubbing back and forth across that space which, to Tony, felt very small. Too small. While that dilemma was worrying, Tony was most concerned with how good Jack’s hand felt down there and how he needed something so bad that he wanted to just lay back and enjoy it. But even if Gibbs wasn’t standing over his shoulder, he’d feel bad about it. So he took a deep breath, exerted a bit of control, and hoped it would be over soon. “Your prostate gland will descend and flatten until only your skin is covering it and when your skin dissolves it will be replaced by a dark, fleshy orifice which will open when you’re ready for birth.” Jack explained as he sank his well lubed middle finger deep into Tony.

“Well hell, Jack! Aren’t you gonna kiss me first?” Tony gritted out as his body stiffened. Jack made a sound that Tony recognized as a laugh, but didn’t look Tony in the face. Instead, Jack was looking between Tony’s legs with an intensity that caught Tony’s attention. “Everything alright down there, Jack? It was all working right last I checked-although I was doing some fairly hinky stuff last time I checked so maybe I broke something?” Tony rambled until Gibbs shifted behind him. ‘Pay attention,’ Gibbs’s look said, so he stopped talking and looked for something else to distract him from the teasing finger in his ass. Jack was saying something but Tony couldn’t be bothered to listen; he was too busy holding perfectly still so he wouldn’t embarrass himself. But when the tip of Jack’s long finger started to move, Tony’s eyes shot open and he was suddenly eye to eye with Jack.

“Now I’ve got your attention,” Jack smiled and continued, realizing he was glad the boss had stayed. He gave a look of amused apology to Gibbs who seemed to nod in recognition without moving. “As I was saying, your job is to massage this at least daily to stimulate the change. You won’t notice a change besides heightened sensitivity, but when the last of the skin dissolves you’ll be about a week away from labor. Normally having someone else perform the massage is better to assure a steady, forceful massage,” Jack punctuated each word with a sharp jab deep inside Tony, “needed to help the prostate descend.” Tony gasped and twisted in the halfway reclined seat, suddenly wondering ‘when did that happen?’ He was practically laying down, being finger fucked by some insane man claiming to be his great grandfather, and trying desperately not to leave a wet spot on the sheet.

“Shit!” Tony whispered when he failed. He felt himself bob under the sheet and when his tip hit the bunched up cloth, it pulsed, shooting a quick and intense little spurt of liquid. He was thankful he hadn’t come, but there was a wet spot growing and a nagging voice in the back of his mind telling him to just relax and let it happen. And the voice sounded mysteriously like Gibbs. “Is this almost over?”

“Very soon, Tony,” Jack assured, pretending to talk to Tony who was in another world. Tony was concentrating so hard on not coming that he totally missed the indulgent looks Gibbs gave him, but Jack saw them. He saw that Gibbs wanted to reach down and stroke Tony’s neck and back every time Tony arched or grimaced. He went on pretending to talk to Tony while Gibbs took in everything. “Of course, you could just have some hot sex. It’s too bad your man is gone. Maybe you can find a replacement,” Jack suggested to a blind and deaf Tony but Jack only had eyes for Gibbs. “Anyone will do- you’ll be so horny you won’t know what to do all day.” Jack was just stalling because there was really only one last caveat, but he’d never seen anyone last as long as Tony was lasting on the receiving end of one of his famous massages. Jack’s thrusting finger froze. Tony’s whole body sighed and he let out a disappointed little moan, startling himself and making Jack and Gibbs smile. “Relax!” Jack demanded, running his left hand up and down Tony’s leg coming to rest at his butt and squeezing the clenched muscle while repeating his demand, “Relax so we can finish, Tony.”

Tony just stared at the cieling, not really hearing what Jack was saying.

“Relax, DiNozzo. Someone’s about to get you off; just let it happen.” Gibbs said, wanting to hold Tony’s hand but knowing that would be too out of character. Instead he grabbed the metal arms that flanked the chair like a hospital bed. He leaned in close watched as Tony trembled. “Take a deep breath and when you let it out, feel your whole body relaxing,” Gibbs ordered in a gruff but soothing voice. When Tony did, his hips sank lower and continued to twitch involuntarily. His breaths were coming quicker as closed his eyes and he began to fuck himself on two long fingers.

“More?” he asked and Jack wasn’t sure if he wanted to know how much longer this would go on or if he wanted more fingers rammed inside him.

“First, tell me how often you have sex.”

“I don’t know. A lot.” Tony snapped, annoyed at the distracting question.

“What’s ‘a lot’?”

“Like a few times a week,” Tony muttered, hoping Gibbs wouldn’t call him on it in front of the crazy handsome guy. Jack, who didn’t miss a beat, just went on.

“You must be horny all the time and you must be feeling like crap. This pregnancy is going to drain all your happy nutrients that keep you energized and healthy. Orgasm will release the endorphins and hormones you need to make you feel good. So, the question is, how have you been feeling the last couple of months?”

“Progressively shittier each day!” Tony admitted, amazed by the fact that a dildo could’ve improved his life immensely.

“Ah. Well, more sex will cure that. I was actually addicted to the feeling but it only lasts for a couple of hours then I was bending over again. My boyfriend got tired of repeat performances so he’d leave and come back the next day when my levels were low again. How do you feel today?”

“Good. Better than usual, actually, but not as good as this morning.”

“Did you have sex last night?” Jack asked and Tony just nodded at Jack’s illustration, understanding better. Tony shut his eyes in concentration again and Jack rolled his. He was hoping that he wouldn’t have to stroke Tony to finish the exam. Jack didn’t think Gibbs would tolerate that too well and, he didn't mind admitting, he felt wierd enough demonstrating the massage to Tony. The last thin Jack wanted to add to that was a full on hand job. Jack’s finger squeezed down and Tony’s breath hitched as he impulsively grabbed at the rail, clumsily tangling his fingers with the ones already resting there. Sharp little jabs caught Tony off guard so that it seemed to Jack that his orgasm was imminent.

“Oh! Oh shit!” Tony managed to gasp as he painted the now crumpled sheet that barely covered his lap. His whole body shuddered with each eruption so that after the seventh painful looking spasm, Gibbs began stroking Tony’s shoulders to help him relax. “Mmnnn,” Tony moaned wantonly when Jack pulled his gloved hand away, twisting towards the retreating fingers.







*********************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************







“I don’t mean to ruin your afterglow, but once a day should keep you feeling normal and it should calm any mood swings, depression or anxiety you’ve been having.” Jack paused when the tension in Gibbs’ stance changed and Tony’s brow furrowed a bit before relaxing again in bliss. Tony had been keeping secrets and Jack did not want to be around when Gibbs started asking questions. “You’ve had the exam, now here are your results: set a schedule to take care of yourself and stick to it. Trust me, you do not want to feel like crap and not be descended enough when you’re in labor,” Jack warned.

“What happens then?”

“Nothing you need to know about, Tony, because you’re going to take good care of yourself. You should be a little softer down there but ten weeks should be just enough time to get things on track.” Jack said, standing to throw away the gloves. He rolled his sleeves down and Tony’s could tell there was more; Jack’s actions said done, but his tight posture said unfinished business. “You have to have this child privately. Home births are perfectly safe, but I’d suggest you pay for a professional doctor to monitor his pregnancy and perform surgery if needed.”

“Surgery? Doesn’t it make more since to just go to the hospital?” Tony asked, yawning. He finally met Jack’s glare with a satisfied grin despite the odd man’s seriousness.

“How often to you go to the doctor, Tony? Once a year? Every other year?”

“I’m in great shape! When my back hurts I might go to a chiropractor, but I don’t need doctors.” Tony was more than a little defensive.

“Emergency rooms? Urgent care?”

“No and no! The only time I’ve seen a doctor is when I get hurt on the job and then I usually just see Ducky.”

“If your parents were smart, they kept you from doctors, always had a family friend give you physicals, warned you about going to doctors- does any of this sound familiar?”

“Maybe. What’s your point?”

“You are genetically different from than 21st century men. If you go to a public hospital and have a public birth, your life will become a never ending spectacle of weirdness and mandatory government testing. Not to mention you’ll attract all the wrong kind of attention. Trust me; stay away from hospitals unless you have a doctor who will keep your labor on a ‘need to know’ status.” Jack said what he had to and moved to the door. “You can get dressed,” he said, leaving the two men in privacy.

“How’d it go?” Martha demanded from just outside the door where she looked to be having a lot of fun with her new raven haired friend.

“Good. You should have the doctor bring you some stuff for Anthony. Maybe EP anatomy books or something,” Jack rambled happily to Martha while making eyes at Abby whose eyes were cocked with curiosity. “Definitely those things-“ Jack wiggled his eyebrows as his hands made some weird gesture. Martha didn’t need to know what it meant to know it was lewd. She turned up her nose and laughed before sobering up a bit to speak.

“If you think the Doctor is going to just hand over a bunch of 51st century technology, you’re out of your mind, Jack.”

“It’s for a great cause, Martha. He might surprise you,” Jack encouraged. “Besides, he’d do anything for you.” Martha blushed but didn’t bother denying it. TheDoctor always took her calls and she assumed he always would. Even though he’d had several companions since the young med student, Martha always knew she was welcome back any day.

“I’ll get them sorted,” Martha said, not really sure how she would, but determined to do just that-even if it meant dragging Jack back to deliver the babies himself.

“There’s the faithful companion we all know and love,” Jack beamed, at which Martha rolled her eyes and looked to Abby.

“He thinks he’s charming, but he’s actually a bit cheesy,” she told Abby, who was more than ready to jump into the conversation.

“Hey, there’s sometimes a bit of charm in cheese,” she protested.

“Should I thank or insult you?” Jack asked with a wry smile. “It doesn’t matter. Martha knows that it’s actually other people who think I’m charming and there’s nothing I can do about that. It’s like a curse!”

“Wow! You sound a lot like Tony. You know, it’s weird you say you’re related because you’re a lot like Tony. O-or I guess Tony‘s a lot like you, if I believe your wacked out story,” Abby finished with a funny grimace that made Jack and Martha laugh.

“When I met Tony, he had that same weird magnetism that you had, Jack. I just figured he was one of those guys who lived a charmed life. You know, that guy who’s athletic and smart and funny. From what I’ve seen so far, people complain about him, but people really like him as well. Everything is more fun when he’s around. Sound familiar?” Martha asked, knowing this sounded like Jack.

“Maybe he inherited all our genetic anomalies. You think he has 51st century pheromones too?” Jack asked, more interested in this conversation.

“Hold up, Jack!” Abby slapped his arm with such force that he shot her an offended look which she totally ignored. “You mean all this time I thought Tony was just super hot and the king of seduction and he was cheating? He too is rather cheesy,” Abby muttered, falling into investigative mode.

“It’s worth checking out, Jack.”

“What’s worth checking out?” Gibbs stood behind the group that hovered only a few feet down the hall.

“What else Agent DiNozzo may have inherited from his not so distant ancestors. It’s certainly nothing to be concerned about. It probably won’t make much of a difference.” Martha consoled Abby who looked worried and Gibbs whose face was carefully blank.

“Really? Is that your professional opinion? Because I don’t think you can give a professional opinion if Jack and Tony’s great grandfather are from the future. You can’t just say it’s going to be alright and think it makes everything okay! What if it’s not alright and you’re gone? Then what’s Tony going to do?’ Abby rambled until she heard a familiar voice say her name. “But, Gibbs, it’s Tony,” she said with tears in her voice.

“I know, Abs. He’s going to be alright.” Gibbs promised and Martha was glad because she didn’t know what to say. She knew things would be fine, but she had no way to prove that to DiNozzo or his friends. She was glad when Jack took over.

“She’s right, though. If Tony has inherited anything else, it would only help him, not harm him. If it does have any effect on the pregnancy it will be a positive one. Don’t worry, Abigail, he’ll be better than fine. I bet you start noticing him feeling great,” Jack finished, pulling her into a hug and swinging her around so that he could wink at Gibbs before letting Abby go. She looked much more relaxed, if a bit dizzy. A few seconds later, Abby’s mind was running yet again.

“If Tony is genetically different, is that why he’s so hard to kill?” Abby asked, half joking and half serious. She looked at Jack who looked suddenly interested then Martha who looked to Jack. Both remained silent for several awkward seconds until everyone turned as Tony came out of the exam room looking relaxed and content.

~

Tony was curled in Gibbs low, overstuffed chair, reading voraciously from what Gibbs could see as he spied through the kitchen the last time he went up to refresh his coffee. He’d been listening to his junior agent toss a bit in the comfortable, so Gibbs knew Tony’s back was bothering him. Two hours ago when Tony was too cranky for a foot rub, Gibbs wondered how long he’d have to wait for Tony to fall asleep so he could drag Tony to bed. At ten minutes to eleven, Gibbs poured bourbon in the steaming liquid and sipped on his mug until a few minutes after eleven when he put aside his tools and made his way up the stairs, steeling himself for battle. When he stopped in front of Tony, the younger man was on the phone, but immediately grinned up at Gibbs who just motioned with a quick finger and walked to the stairs. Tony, of course, followed without question as was his habit. He unfolded himself and stretched until his back cracked. When he whimpered, Gibbs turned to see Tony standing at the bottom of the staircase, looking up dolefully. Gibbs just smirked and went to the master. He pulled back the covers and laid Tony’s Ohio State sweats and t-shirt on the bed. When he turned around, Tony was standing at the door, leaning on it and eyeing Gibbs suspiciously.

“So I’m not just a one night stand? I’m flattered boss,” Tony joked to hide the relief he felt at being invited back into Gibbs’s bed. After last night, he didn’t assume that he’d be sleeping with Gibbs every night, but he had hoped. How could he not? And after seeing Jack that afternoon, Tony knew he’d be relying on Gibbs much more, but they hadn’t discussed anything yet. Tony assumed they wouldn’t discuss much of anything so he wasn’t shocked when he saw the turned down bed, just a little peeved that this was how Gibbs chose to ask him to stick around. “Are you putting me to bed? I appreciate your help, but I’ve been setting my own bed time since I was five, Gibbs, I think I can handle it.” Tony huffed.

“Oh, I know, Tony. I’m just taking Jack’s suggestion about putting you on a regular schedule,” Gibbs said, deciding he would avoid a fight if possible. “Change and brush your teeth,” he said, slapping Tony’s ass instead of his head as he swept past him and back downstairs. Tony, who was holding his head, dropped his hands to his jean clad ass and grinned, treasuring the more intimate swat one hundred times more than the head slap. He squeezed the front of his jeans roughly before yanking his own hand away and making himself wait. Tony couldn’t even stay annoyed at the bossy marine when he thought about the “regular schedule” which was Gibbs��"speak for daily sex. He was finishing brushing his teeth when Gibbs appeared with a glass of water and two pills. “For your back,” he said, going about his own shower which was so quick that Tony only had time to take the pills then crawl into bed and channel surf. He had just settled on a program featuring vending machines in Japan. The tightness tenting his sweats was distracting, but Tony pulled the covers over his lap, bunching them up just right so Gibbs wouldn’t see hardness in his lap. “Ducky suggests a 12 hour schedule, so we’ll wake up to a massage and try to get another one in around five or six if we’re not on a hot case. We missed the evening massage, so let’s get one in now and see how that makes you feel,” Gibbs ordered, reaching into the night stand for the lube.

“Uh… okay,” Tony said, a bit disappointed. He’d been daydreaming about being bent over Gibbs’s desk at 2 am and fucked long and hard until he screamed for more and mercy. In Tony’s mind, they’d christened just about every room at NCIS, even Vance’s office and Tony was still trying to work out how he could make at least one of those daydreams a reality. The only room he hadn’t thought about was autopsy because having sex surrounded by the cold, dead bodies freaked him out. But this clinical approach Gibbs was taking was a real let down.

“Any day now, DiNozzo,” Gibbs said with a knowing grin, sitting on Tony’s side of the bed with a healthy squirt of clear gel sitting on his fingertips. He pulled back the covers and added, “Take off your sweats,” when Tony seemed lost. Tony obeyed like always, throwing the sweats across the room and reclining a bit as he took one of the pillows behind his head and pushed it beneath his hips. He pulled his knees back and open, offering himself to Gibbs’s fingers. Tony didn’t know where to put his eyes or his hands which fidgeted with the edges of the pillow under his ass. He looked at the ceiling and tried to remember to breathe until he heard his next command. “Look at me,” Gibbs said, moving closer until he was between Tony’s legs and had one hand on Tony’s knees. Without losing eye contact, Gibbs brushed his fingertips across Tony’s puckered hole, making slippery circles but not breaching the secret entrance. He removed his hand, reaching for the lube again while Tony sighed deeply as the pulsing bundle of nerves grew more agitated. It had been mere seconds and Tony was frustrated. Embarrassing but true. He closed his eyes and focused on patience.

“Fuck,” he groaned when he felt Gibbs’s slippery fingers wrap around his cock and slowly stroke it upwards, snapping off the tip with a little pinch than starting back at the base. He wanted Gibbs to stroke down so he grabbed the fist as it caught his sensitive head and tried to force it back down his dick. Gibbs just let go completely, taking his right hand and running it up and down Tony’s leg from calf to thigh. He was kneeling between Tony’s legs, sitting back on his but with Tony’s left leg on his shoulder when he sunk the first finger deep into Tony’s ass. “Gibbs,” Tony whispered, making a little whimpering sound while his hands moved hesitantly to his bobbing cock.

“Don’t even think about it! Hands above your head,” and Tony rushed to obey like a chastised child. Tony secretly hoped he could provoke Gibbs into swatting him again, but thought he might get more than he wanted if he masturbated while Gibbs was between his legs. “Eyes on me, Anthony,” Gibbs ordered, gauging just what Tony liked. He watched Tony’s face go slack as he pushed another finger alongside the first then he watched the younger man’s eyelids flutter closed as the intruding digits started to piston in and out. Gibbs stopped and Tony’s tense body stilled then deflated as he found Gibbs eyes once again. “Ready?” and all Tony could do was arch his back and hold on to the pillow beneath his head. When his eyes began to roll, he caught himself and focused his fluttering gaze on Gibbs who nodded in approval. “Good. Stroke yourself.” Tony didn’t need to be told twice. In the absence of further instructions, Tony did his best to come in the twenty seconds or so that Gibbs allowed him free reign over his body. He got close, but Gibbs stopped him just as he shoved a third finger into the tight passage.

“Yeah! Yes. Yes. Yes,” Tony chanted each time those fleshy fingertips jabbed him deep inside. His fists were still gripping his hardness but they weren’t moving now. Gibbs didn’t need to speak for tony to understand what his eyes were saying; he wanted Tony to hold his pillow again instead of his dick, but Tony found it hard to obey. Instead, he reached down to rub at his sack which felt really good, but wasn’t what Gibbs wanted. “Ah! Okay, okay! I’m sorry,” Tony cried as Gibbs reined loud, flat handed swats on Tony’s bare butt and his quivering thighs. Gibbs finished with a heavy handed slap to the reddened cock dancing in front of him, begging for his rapt attention. “Gibbs! That hurt!” Tony gasped.

“Bad boys get punished. Good boys get rewarded.”

“I’m good. I’m a good boy, I’m a good boy,” Tony chanted over and over, trying his best to control the way his tight flesh spasmed around Gibbs fingers like a hungry monster. His hips jerked about and he tried to ignore that until he stopped thinking about himself and paid attention to Gibbs who was staring at him with an emotion Tony wasn’t sure he recognized. Gibbs didn’t say anything. He just gave Tony a look that said ‘let go’ and Tony closed his eyes and tried his best to get there. Tony tried to sit up to get leverage as he fucked himself on the hand that seemed like it wanted to get lost in him. “More,” he demanded, wanting four fingers even though the three had him stretched wide enough to make him wince. In the end, it was Gibbs’s hand that slid up and down Tony’s shaft, concentrating his stroke on the head when he heard those escalating moans. “Oh! Oh! Ooooohhhhh!” Tony sighed, collapsing on the bed while his cock jerked in Gibbs’s loose grip. Gibbs held on until Tony started squirming then he gave the still fat cock one more firm stroke before heading to the bathroom. He loved the sound of Tony’s whimper and listened intently over the rushing water of the bathroom sink for all the little muttered complaints he knew Tony was making. Gibbs came back a few minutes later with a warm, damp towel and smiled at the light snores coming from his lover.

‘My lover’ Gibbs thought as he stroked Tony clean. He hoped that whatever was growing between them would get stronger. He knew that these children weren’t his, but he was more than willing to take care of the twins. In his mind, he’d been calling them ‘the twins’ all day. Gibbs tried not to think about Eliot because he knew Eliot would want these children. Eliot wanted Tony and suddenly this happy accident seemed more and more like a calculated plan. Gibbs knew he was being paranoid… or jealous. But he didn’t care. He still hadn’t decided if he wanted to savor the time he had with Tony or search for Eliot and let the cards fall where they may. He stroked Tony’s torso absently as the younger man dozed beside him. Tony looked debauched with his naked body sprawled wildly across the bed, legs tangled in sheets. Gibbs hunkered down and pulled Tony to him and, like magic, Tony wound his legs around Gibbs and wedged his forehead against Gibbs’s neck. Tony moaned as he rubbed himself against Gibbs’s hip, muttering gibberish. All Gibbs made out was “… fuck in the morning … yeah,” before more quiet snores filled the room. A sharp but painless slap stilled Tony’s hips and Gibbs laughed to himself at how well Tony responded to the swats. If only I could do that in the bullpen, he thought, wondering how Tony would take a spanking.
Taking Care of Tony by joblo
Author's Notes:
Gibbs wants to be there for Tony, but how can he be what Tony needs if he doesn't know what Tony wants?
~

“Here he comes to save the day!” rang out in the darkness. “Fighting evil, fighting crime-“ the Mighty Mouse theme song came to an abrupt halt.

”DiNozzo. Where? Be there in 30.” He slammed the phone on the nightstand.

“Get up. We got a case,” Gibbs said, walking into the bathroom .

“That’s my line,” Tony whined, wishing he’d showered last night. “It’s Sunday. Since when are we on the hotline?” Tony complained, hoping they’d be on call a bit less over the next few months.

“Since I put us on. Ten weeks from now when I demand we be taken off because were one man short, I want to have plenty of ammunition,” Gibbs said, sitting next to Tony and rifling through the night stand in the semi darkness. Tony was trying to roll out of the bed with his eyes closed and was shocked by the strong hand flattening his chest to the mattress and the thick fingers that had him shouting within seconds. It took less than 45 seconds for Tony to orgasm from the prostate massage Gibbs subjected him to and when it was over, Gibbs pulled him up and pushed him into the already running shower. “You got ten minutes to get your hind parts downstairs.”

The next four days were hectic as the team searched for the kidnapped son of a Gunny Sergeant overseas. The “regular schedule” was forgotten since nobody went home except once when Gibbs gave everyone two hours to shower and bring a couple changes of clothes back to the office. They found the boy, but he had been abused and it was late Thursday before the paperwork was completed. Tony, who’d been trying to catch Gibbs’s eye all day, was as wrung out as the rest of the team but he was anticipating making up for lost time. He sighed dejectedly as Gibbs avoided him from across the bullpen.

“Get out of here. I’ll wait for the medical reports from Bethesda. Be in bright and early.” Gibbs ordered. Ziva and McGee didn’t need to be told twice; they were headed to the elevator without as much as a word to Tony, who lingered, feeling foolish since he knew Gibbs wasn’t going anywhere.

“Should I wait up?”

“You’d better not. You need your sleep.” Gibbs said without sparing Tony a glance.

“I need more than that, or did you forget?” Tony groused, picking up his gear and stopping in front of the desk he’d been staring at all day. Gibbs just looked at him in silence then spoke in almost a whisper.

“I’ll see you in the morning,” and looked back down to peer at the paperwork neatly arranged on his desk.

Tony drove home in a snit, angry as he arrived at Gibbs house. He stomped up the porch and opened the door just as he noticed a shoebox sized package wrapped in plain brown paper and tied with blue plastic string. The box was labeled ‘To Anthony, From the Doctor, Good luck!’ Tony loved presents. For a moment, Tony forgot all about his inattentive lover. The plain box was light and when Tony shook it, he couldn’t hear anything. Tony’s innate curiosity forced him to drop his gear at the door and rip the package open immediately. He dropped it to the coffee table and peered inside. In the box were several manuals which he pulled out one by one, marveling at their oversized proportions. “What the…?” Tony wondered as he looked at the little box. “It’s bigger on the inside,” he whispered, not quite believing it himself until he pulled out several heavy medical looking contraptions that made him nervous since they were obviously for use on him. Not only were they bigger than the box, they were heavy too! Finally Tony got to two colorful items that he instinctively recognized as toys. He wasn’t sure how to work them so he looked for directions on the packaging and was surprised to find a video which, as it turned out, was closer to porn, but it still gave a very effective demonstration. After viewing the directions, Tony couldn’t wait to try it out.

It was basically a self lubricating, self cleaning dildo. With the right twist, the palm size tool elongated and took on a fleshy texture. The shiny glaze told Tony the lubrication was activated as the scent of vanilla, almonds, and sawdust emanated from the iridescent phallus. Tony’s heartbeat sped up and he knew it was no coincidence that those smells helped to trigger his wanton response. He didn’t care. He rushed to the bedroom and stripped, eager to test out his new toy. It looked to be about nine inches and the way it pulsed and jerked in Tony’s hand had him wondering if it was alive. Tony felt his body respond and in moments, he was forcing the thing steadily between his legs, only stopping when the base was almost flush with his entrance. He was achingly full but it felt good. Manipulating the shaft would be awkward, but Tony was sure he’d find a way. And then it started. All around the shaft, protrusions popped out and in. It was a curious feeling Tony couldn’t quite place, but all he knew was the rough pace of the bubble bumping his prostate was sending him over the edge and fast. In his mind, he envisioned the whack-a-mole arcade game as the futuristic dildo performed outrageous feats as he turned on his stomach to hump the mattress. Amazingly, Tony didn’t have to do anything but enjoy the ride; the default setting was on 10 minutes and that was exactly how long it took to fuck Tony into submission. “Oh! Oh… oh shit!” Tony moaned as he came. He fell asleep in the wet spot, too worn out to wake up after his customary afterglow nap.

He awoke in the morning to an empty bed and the smell of coffee. It was 6am.

“Looks like you didn’t need my help after all,” Gibbs said in a friendly voice. He stood in the doorway, already dressed and sipping on his own atomic blend. Tony knew Gibbs wasn’t being mean, but he was tired and cranky and Gibbs was smirking at him like he always did, looking like a man who never missed a wink of sleep.

“Looks like you’re right,” Tony said, rolling over and doing his best to ignore the way his skin peeled off the sheets. Gibbs was silent. When Tony closed the door to the bathroom, he changed the linens and went back downstairs. He waited for Tony to come out of the shower, but Tony refused to open the door even minutes after the water was turned off. Gibbs could take a hint and he so wasn’t begging to service Tony when he was in one of his snits. He hoped it would all blow over soon. The weekend was coming and he’d make it up to Tony.

Unfortunately, they were called in over the weekend and the next two weeks were more hectic than ever. Tony became skilled at using the living dick as he liked to call it and he even frequently wore the plug all day long. He craved the relief these items gave, but began to dread the loneliness in his chest each time he had to pleasure himself. He grew irrationally angry at Gibbs who had been keeping his distance for the past month. Tony needed to be handled, to be held down and taken hard, but he couldn’t tell Gibbs this; he was still angry and the fact that he had nobody to blame but himself frustrated him even more. After all, he never clearly told Gibbs he wanted sex and he knew Gibbs was avoiding his monstrous mood swings.

Even Ziva and McGee acted like they were walking on eggshells, tiptoeing around Tony’s more casual dress of khakis and untucked button downs which he took to wearing when his roomiest suit refused to button. It wasn’t too obvious, but Tony was getting bigger and he was starting to absently rub his belly and stretch his back. Earlier that week, McGee’s late night dinner run to a local burger joint was met with angry tears when he brought back fries for everyone instead of Tony’s requested onion rings.

“I’m sorry, Tony. I completely forgot-“

“Since when do you forget anything, probie? No, you’re just being spiteful because you know I threw your breakfast burrito away yesterday,” Tony accused, pointing his finger childishly.

“That was you? I didn’t know, Tony. I really just forgot,” Tim promised apologetically, but Tony was quite upset. Muttering to himself about ‘damn hormones,’ he left the bullpen for the privacy of the elevator when a hand slid between the closing doors. Gibbs joined him, not bothering to steal sideways glance.

“You crying, DiNozzo? Go home; it’s late.”

“I’m not crying,” Tony sniffled, “and I can stay as long as the team stays. I’m going to see Abby. I’ll be back when you finish dinner.”

“As long as you eat too, DiNozzo. You’ll feel worse if you don’t,” Gibbs warned pushing the greasy bag to Tony who knew he was right. He grudgingly took the food from Gibbs’. The doors opened and Tony stepped off without a word, still holding an irrational grudge. Gibbs just smiled to himself as the doors closed. Six more weeks, Gibbs thought, remembering Shannon’s tantrums. He never had any trouble admitting he loved it when Shannon yelled at him. It was no different with Tony. A couple of times when DiNozzo tried to yell at Gibbs in the field, Gibbs had to put him in his place. He didn’t have to feign anger though; Tony knew how to keep business and personal separate. There was no excuse for the slip and Gibbs was tempted to help Tony remember by giving him clear consequences. It was definitely a talk they’d need to have soon. He looked forward to it. Gibbs loved everything about taking care of Tony. Cooking for him, reminding him to take his coat, reminding him to eat, making him drink tea instead of coffee when Tony was starting to get sick. No matter that most of these things earned Gibbs a hostile glare at least and a carelessly vulgar curse if he were really lucky. Gibbs couldn’t wait until the weekend so he could really watch Tony and see how he was holding up. If Tony was really having trouble handling his emotions, Gibbs knew that other issues were probably causing problems as well. They would have to consider how much longer Tony would be working. Mood swings were one thing, but if Tony was aching and nauseated all day, there was no way Gibbs was letting him chase after criminals on three hours sleep on Abby’s futon and picked over take out.

~

The way things had been going, Gibbs was hoping Tony would be able to work right up until he had the babies. So far, Tony wasn’t showing much if he wore bulkier clothes which was easy to do since it was mid fall and getting cooler every day. Four weeks had flown by so fast that Gibbs wondered where all the time went. He wished Jack were around to tell them if Tony’s prostate massages were working because Tony’s due date was quickly approaching. Gibbs had been doing his best to see that Tony got massaged at least daily, but lately his attention had been sporadic at best. Every morning Gibbs would wake Tony up by milking his prostate except those mornings when he’d rush home after four just so he could be the first thing Tony saw each day. On those days more often than not, he found Tony passed out, impaled by one of those toys Martha’s doctor sent in the magic box. Those mornings, Tony was always angrier than usual, sulking with embarrassment after being found so debauched, sprawled out in his own come. Gibbs would much prefer his old Tony- the Tony that would leer and waggle his brows as he jerked himself off while Gibbs watched. Pregnant Tony was sensitive, and Gibbs had a hard time figuring out when and why Tony was upset. It was even worse when the team didn’t get to go home and Gibbs knew Tony would have to go a day without that release he’d gotten used to. Still, Gibbs found a way to take care of everything, even if his tactics were a bit extreme.

The first time they had to stay at the navy yard for three nights in a row, Tony was a volcano of emotion waiting to erupt and Gibbs felt almost helpless as he watched Tony slam his desk drawers and slap papers around the bullpen. Tony snapped at Ziva and McGee, who were both convinced that he was gravely ill, so had made a pact to cut him a lot of slack. Gibbs, after a particularly colorful exclamation from Tony, decided he couldn’t take it anymore.

“Ziva, run down the leads from the hotel; Tim, check on Abby and Ducky; Tony, with me,” Gibbs barked, pulling his gun from its drawer and heading to the elevator. Tony made no snappy remark, but rose quickly and shuffled after Gibbs dutifully. When the doors closed, Gibbs had Tony backed against the wall. “How long has it been, Anthony?” He queried, breathing against Tony’s neck as he whispered in his ear.

“Wh-wha- how,” Tony stuttered, unconsciously baring his neck as the elevator shuddered to a halt. Gibbs’s mouth was at his ear, asking him naughty questions while thick fingers searched for answers in his pants. Tony felt his belt loosened and his fly unzipped, but was helpless to stop it. In fact, he was so aroused that he wanted it to go on and on until he was breathless and spent and when Tony closed his eyes with a sigh and opened his legs so Gibbs could reach his goal, Gibbs knew what Tony wanted. He flipped Tony over, placing his hands on the wall and yanking his pants below his ass. When Tony let out a surprised grunt, Gibbs slapped the fleshy mound of his ass which would have made Tony cry out even louder if Gibbs hadn’t put his fingers in Tony’s mouth. Gibbs right hand reached around to the front, palming Tony roughly but with just too little friction as the younger man jerked his hips in time with the fingers he sucked and licked. After a few seconds, Gibbs pulled his fingers away and gagged Tony with his other hand while the wet ones found their way to Tony’s quivering hole and rubbed then plunged one in and out. Then back in with two fingers hitting that spot that made Tony see stars and want to scream. When Tony felt three fingers constantly rubbing circles inside him, he groaned deep in his chest, unable to cry out like he wanted to, spraying his load all over the elevator wall in short, draining bursts.

In seconds, Gibbs had Tony sorted and leaning back in the corner with his eyes closed. When he released the elevator, it had been less than three minutes and Gibbs had to smile at his skills as he listened to Tony’s panting in the corner. When they arrived in the garage, Tony was walking slowly, but steadily and was clear-minded enough to ask as the car cleared the checkpoint, “Where to, boss?”

“Home,” Gibbs spared a quick sideways glance at the frustrated grimace he knew he’d see, but there was nothing there but Tony’s blank face. Tony, who’d been pissed off with Gibbs for the better half of the past month, was used to the feeling. Presently, however, he was overcome with the need to take a nap and since it was almost ten, Tony figured he’d let Gibbs slip by with the underhanded dismissal. Tony seethed quietly, reminding himself to continue his semi silent treatment the next time he saw his housemate. He smiled bitterly at the term ‘housemate’, remembering how, a few weeks ago, he was hoping for so much more. But it was obvious Gibbs didn’t want him for keeps. If Tony overlooked the dirty talking and aggressiveness, the prostate massages were less about sex and more about handling business than Tony wanted to admit. When he was honest with himself, he could admit that he’d only had sex with Jethro once since finding out about the children and that was before Tony started to get scared and feel lonely. Tony was pulled from his wallowing by Gibbs’s trademark bark, “McGee?” He waited a few seconds then said, “Well tell her you’ll check back first thing in the morning. Help Ziva finish and get out of there.” When Gibbs hung up, it was with a satisfied sigh as he pulled into his driveway and swept himself out of the car. He wanted to open Tony’s door and offer his arm then escort him into the house while asking him how he felt. It’s what he did for Shannon. Jethro opened doors, held her hand, rubbed her feet and her hair. Tony didn’t seem to be interested in those things. Not since he’d been angry anyway. Tony could move from frustrated to angry to weepy in a heartbeat and Gibbs couldn’t remember the last time he saw Tony happy.

It was the reason he’d begun to favor the stealth move of waking Tony up with the massages; it was too hard to negotiate such intimate contact when Tony was in one of his moods. Sure, Jethro considered ordering Tony and was certain his junior agent would obey, but he wasn’t as certain how Tony would emotionally react to it, given his unpredictable moods. It was the reason he hadn’t done more than swat Tony when he really wanted to bend him over and set his ass on fire during a few of Tony’s tantrums. The swats usually got Tony quiet if not calm, but Jethro knew a spanking would cure most, if not all, of Tony’s churlish behavior. If he was honest, the real reason he hadn’t taken Tony in hand was because he was still wondering about the nature of their relationship. After all, despite how much he wanted Anthony and his children, Jethro was still waiting for Eliot to call and take Tony away. Jethro knew Tony preferred him to Eliot. He was almost sure. He also knew Tony was an honorable man and that could mean Eliot would be favored as the father of Tony’s children. It had been just over two weeks since they’d had the ultra sound and Tony still hadn’t been able to contact Eliot or anyone from his team.

All they could do was wait and that wasn’t much of an inconvenience since it was approaching four months since Tony’s last cycle and he was due for a little help from his friends. Gibbs sighed as he unlocked the door and studiously ignored Tony’s slow gait as he made it up the walkway and porch stairs and, finally, into the house just as Gibbs’ phone rang. He reached for it before taking off his jacket and answered the line with an annoyed bark as he watched Tony close the door and hang his coat slowly.

“Gibbs.”

“It’s Morgan. How’s Tony doin’?”

“Fair to middlin’. Was wondering when I’d hear from you again.” Gibbs smiled and turned away, not wanting to acknowledge Tony’s ‘who’s that?’ look.

“You might not have if our Anthony would answer his phone. I’ve been calling him for three days and he hasn’t picked up or returned my call yet. You got any idea why that is?” Morgan wondered, and it was clear to Gibbs that he figured Gibbs was controlling Tony’s actions.

“Can’t say for certain. You’d have to ask Tony that,” Gibbs said easily, knowing what would come next.

“Give him the phone. He’s there, isn’t he? I know he’s been staying with you since the last time I saw him, Gibbs. He’s told me that much. What he hasn’t said is exactly what’s going on between you two. You fuck my boy over, I’ll fuck you over, Gibbs.” The calm certainty in Derek Morgan’s voice told Jethro this was a fact; Morgan would make him pay for hurting Tony.

“Roger that,” Gibbs agreed cheerfully, to keep Morgan’s displeasure with him off Tony’s mind. That would be enough to throw a black cloud over their evening.

“Put him on,” Morgan demanded. Gibbs held out his arm and Tony immediately grabbed for the phone.

“Who is it?” He whispered, covering the phone with his hand. Gibbs kept his face blank. He knew who Tony wanted it to be and Eliot was not at the other end of that line. Instead he just looked at the phone as if to say, ‘find out for yourself’ so Tony put it to his ear. “Who’s this?” he asked suspiciously.

“Tony! Where you been, baby-boy?” Derek was upbeat but a bit concerned.

“Sorry, Derek. I haven’t been feeling like myself lately.” Tony sighed and moved to the couch and Gibbs went upstairs. Tony heaved a sigh of relief, feeling like he could finally talk now that Gibbs was out of earshot. Still, he spoke in hushed tones, demanding to know about Eliot. He thought he got the reassurances out of the way at the start of the conversation: he was fine and no, he didn’t need Derek to drop everything and play fuck buddy for the weekend. Tony didn’t hear Gibbs on the stairs, but he felt a gush of air sweep past into the kitchen only a minute after Gibbs shot upstairs. Tony knew Gibbs just wanted to eavesdrop. When he came back down, he wore worn jeans and a thermal covered by an NIS t-shirt. The house was warm and cozy and Tony was wedged into the corner of the couch with a pillow doubled behind his back as he tried to question Morgan about Eliot. “What do you mean disappeared? His team won’t say? Keep looking, but I wouldn’t worry; Eliot is due to call me any day now.” Tony reassured himself after hearing the doubt in Derek’s voice.

“You’ve never asked me to find Eliot before. Why now if you don’t need help?” Derek asked.

“Just want to talk to him. I guess I’m kind of worried. Besides, I never had trouble getting in touch with Eliot before. He always answers or calls back. Now it’s like he’s vanished. All I have is the message number and that’s been disconnected.” Tony explained what he figured Derek already knew.

“Does this worry have anything to do with the reason you don’t want to see me?”

“Whaddya mean?” Tony asked a little giddier than was circumspect.

“Why have you been dodging my calls Tony? Do you really think I haven’t figured it out?” Derek demanded, impatient with Tony’s reluctance to trust him.

“Figured what out?”

“Figured out that you should be starting another fertility cycle and you’re not because you and Eliot had unprotected sex four months ago,” Derek shot back with such surety that Tony didn’t bother denying him. Gibbs watch as liquid green eyes bore right through him. He’d slowly walked from the kitchen, staring at Tony from the other side of the room. Tony sat with his back mostly to the side of the couch and his right arm along the back. The phone was nestled tightly between Tony’s right shoulder and his head which hung to the side in a way that made him look tired and lost. For Gibbs it was a tender moment and all he wanted to do was grab Tony and crush the younger man to his chest. Gibbs was going to ask what Tony felt like eating for dinner, but he was lost in Tony’s blank stare as he listened to the voice on the other end of the line. “Are you pregnant, baby-boy?” Derek asked with a gentle voice, already suspecting the answer. After a few seconds of silence Tony finally spoke.

“I didn’t know for sure until just recently and then I didn’t know what to say. I felt like telling you would make it more real or something. I was going to tell you, but every time I picked up the phone to call you, I didn’t know how to break the news. It’s twins.”

“Twins? You? Not knowing what to say?” Derek laughed, letting his friend off the hook. He could hear the stress in Tony’s voice and could only imagine how difficult this would be for him. “Of course, now, I definitely have to come down and check on you, Tony,” Derek warned, but Tony talked him out of it. He needed to talk to Gibbs before he could deal with visitors, Tony explained. He told Derek about meeting a specialist who said he only had about two more months. Tony skipped anything specific about Captain Jack, opting instead to regale Derek with the story of how he would deliver the twins. He eventually talked Derek into coming closer to his due date since Tony would be craving a distraction if he ended up on medical leave. Thirty minutes later, Derek was saying his goodbyes, making Tony promise to call him at least once a week and as soon as possible if anything went wrong.

“Okay, okay!” Tony smiled, sounding like he was in a better mood than he’d been in weeks. Gibbs listened from the kitchen where he put the finishing touches on dinner.

“Come eat,” he said as Tony hung the phone up. Tony didn’t hesitate to make his way off the couch, but still arrived at the kitchen table a few minutes later after stretching, adjusting his clothes, and finally taking off his shoes and socks before he looked almost comfortable. Gibbs just smiled, gesturing to the chair which he’d already pulled out for Tony. Dinner looked great and Tony was starving, but the smell made his stomach flutter and caused a wet burp to tickle the back of his throat. He tried to ignore the harbinger of sickness by distracting himself.

“Water?” He asked, knowing Gibbs wouldn’t mind serving him. “Thank you.” Tony drank half a glass before he realized there was silence coming from across the table. Gibbs was staring at him, refusing to eat as well.

“Not hungry?” he asked, hoping the morning sickness hadn’t returned, but knowing the signs all too clearly.

“Not really. It looks great though.” Tony pushed at the food with his fork, giving up when the smell overwhelmed him. He pushed the plate away a bit and gave Gibbs a weak, apologetic smile. Gibbs stood up and went to the refrigerator then stood next to Tony and offered his arm. Tony looked relieved as he let Gibbs help him up and lead him away from the kitchen and the hideous smell. As Gibbs settled Tony back on the couch, he popped open a can and handed it to his sighing love. Tony sipped the Sprite like it was a lifeline. “That was close! I thought I was gonna hurl,” he said, closing his eyes against his growing headache and backache.

“I wasn’t sure if you were feeling bad again, but I guess you are. What do you feel like eating?”

“Nothing. I’m starving, but I’d rather not try to eat anything yet,” Tony put down the soda and focused on breathing.

“You know, your friends are welcome here any time.”

“Ah… okay?” Tony said, sounding confused, but Gibbs knew Tony understood.

“You told Morgan not to come over. You said you had to talk to me first.”

“I … I just thought he should wait until I’m closer to having the munchkins, you know. Don’t want to wear out my only friend too soon-“

“Trust me; he won’t get tired of you. And you have plenty of friends who would all be there for you if you would tell them what’s going on.” Gibbs said without malice. He was calm after trying to explain this to Tony over and over for more than a month. Tim, Ziva, and Palmer still didn’t know and Gibbs hated that, but it wasn’t his place to tell them. As much as he disagreed with Tony’s decision to hide his pregnancy, his job was to support Tony and he reminded himself of this every time he told Tony to do what was right.

“I’ll tell them!” Tony groused.

“When?”

“Soon.”

“Invite Morgan over while you’re at it. Tell him to bring his doctor friend.”

“Reid? How do you know about… forget I asked,” Tony smiled, returning to his good mood. Gibbs sat next to him, pulling Tony’s swollen feet into his lap and rubbing them firmly, pressing and kneading just the right spots until Tony was moaning and squirming a little. Tony shifted around, trying to camouflage the response Gibbs was forcing from his body. He had long since closed his eyes and was startled into opening them again when he felt something soft and wet on his toe. His eyes met Gibbs’s and he watched as Gibbs kissed his foot, licking a slick line back and forth across the arch that made Tony groan and tremble. For Tony, this was a side of Gibbs he’d never seen but for Gibbs this was what he’d always wanted to do for the irresistible beauty. It wasn’t until Tony allowed himself to moan wantonly and enjoy the hedonistic pleasure Gibbs was giving that Gibbs decided to grant him a bit of satisfaction. “Touch me,” Tony begged, bringing his hands to hover at his fly only to have them gently pushed away by Gibbs. Tony whined in frustration. He stopped breathing suddenly and forced himself to freeze when Gibbs’s hands started stroking Tony through his jeans. The waistband wasn’t comfortable and Tony breathed a double sigh of relief when it was finally undone. His palms hovered over Gibbs’s, finally resting on the work roughened hands and pressing down, trying to make Gibbs stroke him harder. Tony’s eyes fluttered closed with that first taste of pressure that made his toes curl as he fought for control. “Oh shit,” Tony groaned and then his eyes snapped opened.

“When you’re finished, I’ll continue,” Gibbs hinted with an evil smirk. Tony huffed in frustration at the game, but was eager to play anyway. It was one hundred times better than the cold efficiency of his regular morning massages even if he did have to lock his limbs and concentrate on not moving. Tony moved his hands to his sides and held on to the couch. Slowly Gibbs pulled down Tony’s pants and boxers. Tony lifted up to help, flinching in startled pleasure as his clothes brushed along his hardened cock.

“Yeah,” he encouraged, trying to guess what Gibbs would do next. In that second of stillness, he blurted out, “I need you to fuck me!” Gibbs smiled warmly at the urgency in Tony’s voice which Gibbs knew was due to the fact that his fingers were breaching Tony at that very second. Tony wouldn’t last long.

“Shhhhh. I’ll fuck you, baby. Just like this,” Gibbs reassured Tony as he forced his two middle fingers in Tony’s ass. Tony had a moment to wonder when Gibbs got the lube and then he was moaning in frustration as he came dangerously close to coming.

“Not like that,” Tony whined.

“First like this. Just come, Tony.” And Tony rushed to obey, spasming suddenly as his hips jerked uncontrollably. Gibbs just kept stroking Tony with a firm pumping action until Tony doubled over, grabbing the strong, calloused hands.

“Too much, too much, it hurts,” he whined and Gibbs just smiled as he loosened his grip. Gibbs dialed back his attention slowly, ending with a light squeeze to Tony’s softening cock and a gentle pat. Tony’s frustrated whimpers subsided and he protectively cupped hands over his still twitching cock. He shifted on the couch, not bothering to open his eyes and then his breathing became deep and even. Gibbs watched Tony turn into the couch and get comfortable. Gibbs was still hard inside his jeans and had been looking forward to eventually meeting Tony’s demand, but he could wait. He sighed as he got up from the couch and went to clean the kitchen. Thirty minutes later, Gibbs was ready to take Tony to bed and was hoping he’d get no arguments from his sometime lover. Once the snoring started, he knew it’d be okay.

“Up, Tony. Let’s get you to sleep,” he said, pulling a still sleeping Tony to his feet with gentle force.

“I’m sleepin’” Tony mumbled the obvious, nearly toppling as he tried to regain his balance.

“Upstairs, where you can sleep comfortably,” Gibbs specified.

“Comfor- wha? Hesayscomfby…” Tony mumbles unintelligibly while shuffling to the staircase with eyes screwed shut. He trusts Gibbs to get him there safely. Between the body plastered against his side and the hand splayed against his lower back, Tony felt safe. Gibbs’s other hand held one of Tony’s and pulled him up the stairs with a quick order.

“Step up,” Gibbs demanded in an urgent whisper and Tony marched up the stairs in Gibbs’s comforting embrace. Gibbs relished the chance to take care of Tony so intimately without resistance. Gibbs left the lights off when they made it up to the room, but he sat Tony on the bed and pulled off his clothes then rolled the covers back over Tony, tucking him in warmly. After a few seconds hesitation, Gibbs left the bed and headed to the basement to sand away his frustrated arousal.

“Stay,” Tony murmured from his half conscious state.

“Sleep. I’ll be back soon,” Gibbs promised.

That had been two weeks ago and the last time romantic moment DiNozzo and Gibbs had shared. Now, as Gibbs waited for Tony to return from Abby’s lab, he wondered what he’d have to do to get back on Tony’s good side. Gibbs’s problem was that he knew Tony would require nothing less than a clear statement of his intentions and Gibbs had no idea what that was. He couldn’t decide how he should treat Tony without knowing if Tony wanted Eliot or not. I may be a bastard, he thought, but I’m no home wrecker. Gibbs resolved to call in a few favors if necessary; he was going to find Eliot Spencer. And soon.
New Family by joblo
Author's Notes:
Gibbs resolves to find Eliot and settle things, but will his plan backfire?
~

When Tony returned to the bullpen, he was smiling and acting snarky with McGee in that way some men do when they forgive each other. Tim looked relieved and played along easily for Tony’s benefit. It wasn’t long before Gibbs sent them all home, stoically remaining at his desk, cradling his phone to his ear. Ziva and Tim exchanged suspicious glances between Gibbs and Tony and then each other as they said their goodbyes and made their way to the elevator.

“You get some rest this weekend, Tony” McGee admonished, pointing at his partner as the silver doors slid closed and Ziva heaved a long suffering sigh.

“All this tension is driving me up the hall!” Ziva hissed, catching McGee’s quizzical look, daring him to say anything.

“I know what you mean. I think I’m going to pay Tony a visit this weekend; I’m just going to ask him. He’s our partner, right? He’s obligated to tell us if he’s ill. We’ve given him enough privacy.”

“Too much,” Ziva retorted under her breath. She didn’t want to argue with Tim again, but she thought he was wrong about giving Tony space. In their job, there was no room for error. McGee had reasoned that Tony was, in fact, a very private person who deserved to deal with his issues the way he chose. Now, she was glad that McGee finally agreed with her. It had gone too far. “That is the best thing I have heard all day. I will come with you, yes?”

“No.” Ziva did not try to hide her shocked surprise.

“I most certainly will! He is my partner too and I have just as much right to know what is going on as do you, McGee!”

“I agree. But I’ve known Tony longer and you’re known for being…less than compassionate in personal matters. To be safe, I’ll go in first,” Tim explained logically, not asking, but telling Ziva what she would do. He’d realized that with her military training, he got a better response if he acted like her superior in personal matters. That she hadn’t called him on it yet led him to believe that she liked the subtle domination. She did, however, look like she wanted to explode as she searched for a verbal counter attack. I’ll call you as soon as I leave if I find anything out, Ziva” Tim promised as they walked to their cars. “Okay?” Tim asked with a smile, goading the silent probationary agent a bit more than was safe. Ziva scowled at her car door, slapping her butt offensively as she slid in and shut the door, speeding out of the garage. “Sore loser,” Tim laughed as he started his car.

Tony made it to the garage in time to see Tim pull out at his normal, sedate speed, following all the safety precautions. He smirked as he watched his youngest partner check his mirrors out of habit. Tears threatened to fall, causing Tony to hurry to his car so he wouldn’t be caught by colleagues or big brother who he knew from experience was everywhere. Hell, he thought, Gibbs probably has all the security cameras hooked up to monitor me at the push of a button, courtesy of McGee. It was then he realized that Gibbs wouldn’t have asked McGee he would’ve asked Abby because McGee would be too curious about why Tony was being watched so closely. Gibbs had been trying to get Tony to tell his partners about the pregnancy for weeks now, but he still refused. He felt like he’d have to stop working as soon as everyone knew. Gibbs already started putting him on modified duty. More and more often it seemed like Tony was staying to make phone calls and run records while McGee and David rounded up the bad guys. If Tony was honest with himself, part of him was glad to not have to run around all day and run the risk of being shot. That was the part of him that called his children “munchkin one” and “munchkin two”, the part of him that rubbed his belly in satisfied exhaustion at the end of a tiring day. But there was another part of him. It wanted to work long hours and prove that he was still capable, even though the rest of Tony’s body was shouting it was a lie. It was the rest of Tony’s mind and body that felt guilty about his glaring omission. Soon, he knew, they would have to be told.

At that thought, a lump formed in his throat that threatened to choke him. He hated being pregnant. The weepiness, the nausea, the uncontrollable anger; it was all becoming too much to handle alone. Alone. It wasn’t until he thought about it that he realized that was how he felt. Tony had been so busy feeling thankful to Gibbs for taking him in and not making him go through this by himself, that it was difficult for Tony to understand his own anger at the man he’d worshipped for ten years. As he pulled onto the beltway, Tony grew even angrier, thinking about how Gibbs had opened his home and, if Tony was truthful, his life. Still, it wasn’t enough. Tony didn’t know what more he expected from Gibbs, but he knew he was mostly angry with himself for believing that he could have more- whatever that might mean. He felt the wet tracks run down his face when Eliot crossed his mind. He missed his friend and desperately wanted him to come back. It wasn’t just that Eliot doted on Tony. Gibbs did that too and, as much as Tony complained, he loved the attention. But Eliot’s attention was different, sweeter and more tender. Tony imagined it was the way Gibbs would’ve treated Shannon. It was then that Tony realized exactly what he wanted and that he couldn’t be Shannon anymore than Gibbs’s last three wives could have been.

“Where are you, Eliot?” Tony pined, fumbling for his phone in the dusky night. He hit the key pad absently without taking his eyes from the road and a voiced answered.

“Gibbs.”

“You should come home. I won’t bother you, if that’s what you’re worried about.”

“Not worried,” Gibbs answered good-naturedly, wanting to say that he couldn’t wait to get home, but that would’ve been a lie. Finding Eliot had been easier than he thought it’d be with the amazing Abby Sciuto in his corner.

“Look. You’ve obviously been avoiding me, so I just want you to know that I won’t be bothering you if you want to come home. I mean, the last thing I want to do is run you away from your basement,” Tony said that last with a bitter tone that wasn’t lost on Gibbs who remained silent, wondering where this was going. His silence seemed to infuriate Tony more. “In fact, it’s been a long week. I’m gonna cook dinner and head to bed; I’m exhausted,” Tony said, hoping Gibbs would come home even if he stayed in the basement.

“Get some rest. I may be late,” Gibbs advised. He hung up the phone abruptly as usual, feeling bad about still refusing to come home. He just didn’t want to face Tony without knowing if he could crush him in his arms and kiss the worries away. Abby had located the burn phone Eliot was using through hacking into Eliot’s business files. Nathan Ford’s company had some “seriously stealthy tech” as Abby explained, but it was no match for the power of the MTAC system, which technically, Abby didn’t have clearance to use, but Gibbs did and that was all that mattered. In no time, Abby was giving him a number and Gibbs was dialing it while her fingers flew over the keyboards, pulling up data and making calculations. He was close, of that much she was certain. The phone picked up but there was silence at the other end. Gibbs didn’t hesitate, pushing speaker so Abby could hear too.

“Why are you here if you don’t want to see him?” He demanded.

“It’s not safe. I’m just here to check on him,” Eliot said after a moment of silence. Gibbs looked at Abby
who just nodded and pointed to her screen which showed the last few calls coming from hundreds of miles away earlier that day.

“If you needed help, all you had to do was ask,” Gibbs said, feeling like a smug bastard and enjoying it.

“I don’t need or want your help, Gibbs. What I want is for Tony to be safe. The only reason I came to check on him is because my associate said I should be safe for the next 24 hours.”

“Safe from what?”

“I know you’ll keep him safe. I have to disappear for a while. I guess I just wanted to see he was okay with my own eyes one last time.”

“I don’t like the sound of that,” Gibbs said, hearing the fatalistic tone. “Do me a favor, before you vanish into thin air visit Tony. He needs to talk with you.” Gibbs hung up, hoping that would be enough.

~

Tony wobbled to his car pushing the cart full of groceries. He wore a light jacket to shield him from the brisk autumnal wind and quickly unloaded the bags filled with impulse items into his trunk. From across the row of cars, an attendant in a safety vest eyed Tony. The worker grimaced, wondering how hurt that awkwardly moving man was. Let me get that for you, sir,” he said with a country twang he didn’t bother to hide. Tony turned slowly, staring into Eliot Spenser’s clear blue gaze.

“Eliot! Where the hell have you been?” Tony wandered, wanting to throw his arms around the shorter man, but refraining. He read Eliot’s body language and it screamed ‘unsafe’.

“Not in public. I’ll follow you home,” Eliot whispered, pushing the cart away.

“I’m staying-“

“With Gibbs, I know,” Eliot said with his back turned. Tony got into his car with his heart beating like a big bass drum. The short drive home was filled with a dozen different scenarios of his impending visit. Would he have to tell Eliot or would Eliot already know? Tony knew his jacket covered much of his protruding belly, but at home, his condition would be all too obvious. Tony pulled up to the house and carried all the bags in at once. He wasn’t surprised to see Eliot meet him at the door, taking the bag from his hands as he swung off his backpack, leaving it in the closet by the door. Eliot unloaded the groceries, studiously refusing to stare at Tony. The dark circles and thin, gaunt face was a stark contrast compared to the last time Eliot had seen the love of his life. Eliot’s heart hurt. There was literally a pain in his chest when he glimpsed the pale, exhausted expression on Tony’s face.

“You’re not getting enough sleep,” he said with his back turned to Tony. “Have you started another cycle?”

“No. I wanted to talk to you about that…”

Eliot froze for a second, but began to move again so the pause was almost imperceptible. He’d missed it and now Tony was going to tell him that Gibbs was all he needed. He was going to tell Eliot that they should be friends minus the benefits. It’s probably best, Eliot knew, thinking about how Moreau would do anything to hurt him, including kill the ones he loved. “You don’t have to say it,” Eliot murmured, slowly turning away from the groceries to face Tony.

“Say what?”

“That you’re okay. That you’ve moved on. That Gibbs is enough for you. I mean, he didn’t waste any time moving you in and he doesn’t seem like the type to share,” Eliot reasoned aloud. “I can see Gibbs is taking good care of you. He even got you to move out of that dump.”

“It’s historic,” Tony defended his favorite home, not knowing how to respond to the rest of what Eliot said.

“It’s an asbestos ridden slum.”

“They cleaned all that before I moved in,” he muttered.

“I have a house in Georgetown that I’m in only two weeks a year, Tony. Why do you live in that roach motel?” Eliot asked for the hundredth time.”

“Just ‘cause roaches are on the sidewalk doesn’t mean they’re in the building,” Tony protested.

“Gibbs is a genius. I don’t know how he got you out of that apartment, but I’m glad he did.”

“He’s not. And he doesn’t want me. You have no competition there if that’s what you’re worried about,” Tony explained dejectedly.

“But you wish I did,” Eliot smiled despite himself, coming face to face with Tony. It was then that he really looked closely at Tony’s face. “What the hell is going on, Tony. You’ve lost weight and your face looks horrible, like that time you had the plague and didn’t eat for three weeks afterward.”

“Thanks charmer,” Tony said. Deciding a visual was worth more than his stunted words., Tony pulled off the jacket, knowing his baby bulge was as plain as the emotional look on his face.

“Tony?” Eliot calmly asked, stepping forward until he was right in front of the federal agent.

“Eliot.”

“Are you…” pregnant, Eliot wanted to ask, but the words wouldn’t come. Instead, he settled for leaning against Tony’s side and rubbing his belly. “Is this why you haven’t had another cycle?”

“Yes. It’s the twins.”

“Twins? I’m so sorry, Anthony.”

“Twins. And you should be since they’re yours,” Tony turned his face to look Eliot in the eyes.

“Are you sure?”

“What the hell kind of question is that? You think I let everyone bareback and come in my ass?” Tony bit out angrily, hoping this wasn’t Eliot’s attempt to dodge his responsibility.

“I just thought that maybe you and Gibbs…” Eliot trailed off, but had a silly grin on his face that totally ignored Tony’s flare of anger. Tony calmed down abruptly in a wash of remorse.

“Not a chance. We don’t even do it enough to have a slip up. No. You’re the only one who didn’t use a condom.”

“I’m sorry, man, but you wouldn’t let me.”

“I don’t remember exactly, but Morgan kind of filled me in, so I guess I understand,” Tony said easily, letting Eliot know he didn’t blame him at all.

“You’re keeping them,” Eliot meant to ask, but it came out as a demand.

“Of course.” Tony smiled down at Eliot who was on his knees, lifting up Tony’s shirt and caressing the round belly. When he circled Tony’s belly button which was one it0000s way from an innie to an outie, Tony’s breath hitched.

“Don’t do that,” Tony warned.

“Why? Does it hurt?”

“It’s just…too much.”

“Mmmhmm,” Eliot murmured against Tony’s side, not even considering stopping. It only took seconds for Eliot to notice the growing tent in Tony’s khakis. He ran his hand down Tony’s length and looked up to see the reaction he inspired. Tony’s head was thrown back and he fought to look down at Eliot who was smiling as he pulled Tony’s zipper down. Tony wondered when his belt and pants were undone, but was soon worried about not coming the next time the tip of his cock hit the back of Eliot’s throat.

“Whoa! W-w-w-wait! Wait, Eliot,” Tony pleaded, pushing then forcefully yanking Eliot’s head back by the thick, sun-bleached hair. Eliot wantonly licked his lips and batted his eyes at Tony who towered above him, desperately trying not to stagger away. He needed to get clarity; there was something wrong with this picture. When he sat on the couch and the exposed half of his ass felt the worn, 20 year old fabric instead of his Italian leather couch at the apartment, Tony shot up in embarrassment. “Shit! We can’t do this here!” Tony whispered, as if just realizing where he was.

“I was just going with the flow,” Eliot said, betraying his own guilt at what he’d almost done. He wanted Gibbs to walk in on them fucking on his living room couch. He was certain Tony was wrong about Gibbs’s interest, but figured it couldn’t be serious if Tony thought Gibbs didn’t want him. He already knew what Tony would say. He’d say, “Gibbs is just helping me out until this thing goes away,” or “he’s a good friend, Eliot; he takes care of his people,” but that didn’t mean anything. After all, Eliot knew that Tony gave him the same introduction. It would do Gibbs good to see me with Tony, especially now, Eliot thought, reaching out to touch Tony’s belly again.

“Hey. Hey!” Tony slapped Eliot’s hand away and stood up to move down the hall. He knew there were two guest rooms downstairs but one only had a couch. The other had Kelly’s things in it mostly. There was a bed, a dresser, and a desk but there were also some of Shannon’s clothes, a sewing machine, a few karate trophies and several other boxes that Tony hadn’t gotten around to snooping in yet. It almost looked like it could’ve been Kelly’s room except that Tony knew there were two other rooms upstairs. “This one,” he said, settling on the even older, more threadbare couch and pushing the door closed.

“You pass up a bed for a couch with broken springs?” Eliot laughed, standing at the door where he plastered himself behind Tony. Tony, for his part, agreed that it was kind of crazy, but couldn’t shake the feeling that those things were sacred and not to be fucked with- or around. So he pulled Eliot to the couch and plopped down, scooting back against the side as his ass scratched across something viciously sharp.

“Shit!” Tony wailed, jumping up and looking down. “Sonofab-“ it actually did have a broken spring sticking out near the back of the couch.

“You can tell him I made you do it in there,” Eliot smirked, pulling Tony into the room next door and pulling down the covers. He pushed Tony back, snapping off Tony’s shoes then pants in a few seconds. He crawled up the full sized bed like a hungry jungle cat eyeing his prey. Tony reached for Eliot, wanting his lips, his touch, anything. Eliot just swayed above him, caressing Tony’s face and torso and belly. Next he played at Tony’s lips, making Tony kiss then suck his fingers like a sex starved maniac, all while ignoring the growing hardness standing at attention between them. When Tony began to lift his hips and hook his legs around Eliot’s waist, Eliot pushed him back against the bed.

“El! I need you,” Tony whined, humping the air in frustration.

“I know, baby. When’s the last time you had it good and rough?” Eliot demanded, ripping his fly open and unceremoniously pulling out his thick dick.

“Oh,” Tony moaned as he watched what he wanted bob heavily in the air. “Too long,” he sighed, jerking his knees back so he was splayed open to Eliot. He fiddled impatiently with the sheets as he watched Eliot roll out a condom and pop open the lube. “You don’t need-“

“Either one, I know. It’s too late for the condom and you want to scream. Sorry babe; I’m not gon’ risk tearing that pretty ass of yours because you’re a bitch in heat.” Eliot smiled endearingly with laughter in his eyes and Tony marveled at his southern gentleman. Ironically, Eliot was the only person Tony knew who could call him a bitch in heat and get away with it. Besides Gibbs, Tony automatically thought and then felt immediately guilty. He looked at Eliot who refused to hurt him for the first time in a long time and made a conscious effort to treasure Eliot like he deserved.

“Well you’re a sonofabitch!” Tony snapped with a campy voice then added, “And why not?” Hurry up,” Tony demanded, dismissing the whole matter in favor of a more interesting one, then shoving a pillow under his ass and closing his eyes. Seconds later he felt a fat knob stretching at his hole insistently. Tony took a deep breath and pushed down as hard as he could. “Yaaaah!” Tony shouted, feeling the thick sheathed monster impale him completely. Eliot stayed still, crouched over Tony protectively, kissing his eyelids which fluttered in ecstatic pain. Tony trembled when cruel fingers twisted his sensitive nipples mercilessly. When he tried to move, Eliot pulled back so just the head was left inside his stretched hole then he slammed it home, making Tony squeal in pleasure. Several long, strong strokes later, Tony absent mindedly reached for his cock but Eliot captured his wrists, securing them over Tony’s head, and beginning to fuck him in earnest. Tony’s legs move to lock around Eliot’s waist and Eliot kissed him passionately.

“Look at me,” he says and Tony does after a few heart beats. “Don’t move ‘em,” he says, pushing Tony’s wrists into the bed near the headboard. Eliot forced Tony’s knees apart once more and forced them back to Tony’s chest then began fucking Tony to orgasm. “You’re gonna STAY. OPEN. And TAKE it,” Eliot growled, punctuating each word with a thrust. Tony almost swooned with the effort to not come all over himself after five minutes of fucking, but he couldn’t help it.

“Wait. I-I’m not ready yet,” he begged, blathering on about ‘too soon’ and ‘taking a break’ when his words were suddenly cut short by his own surprised gurgle and a violent snap of his head. Later he would say it felt like lightening shooting out of his dick and the sensitive tip seemed to reverberate then throb. Distantly, he realized Eliot’s movements had become jerky and Tony was glad; he’d be no good to Eliot for a while. Tony could tell by the way his skin tingled, too sensitive to touch, that he’d need some time to recuperate. Eliot fell to Tony’s side, getting tangled in his long legs and lovingly caressing Tony everywhere. Tony squirmed.

“Nononononnono! He resisted when Eliot gently stroked him. “Please don’t, El,” Tony begged, protecting himself and sighing in relief when he cupped his half hard dick and Eliot didn’t protest.

“You alright, Anthony?”

“Mmmhmm. Just…tender, ‘kay?” Tony murmured with a smile. “My whole body is tingling. Mmmm,” Tony moaned his assent when Eliot’s fingertips ghosted over his skin, catching his nipples with playful little scratches. “Oh, God, Eliot!” Tony shouted, coming again. Eliot looked down at Tony shuddering and panting, moaning when Eliot tried to touch him. Tony was so sensitive that Eliot wondered fi he could make him come again. He was ready to try after a few minutes but Tony’s breathing had evened out and when Eliot heard the soft snore, he laughed and straitened Tony’s long legs before getting up and heading into the kitchen.

‘I’m a daddy!’ Eliot thought to himself, marveling at the happiness he could hear even in his head. He looked at the bags of groceries they’d unceremoniously left in the kitchen and started to rifle through them. He smiled when he got a look at all the food, knowing he couldn’t have chosen a better day to check in on Tony. ‘Well,’ Eliot sighed, ‘a man’s got to feed his family.’ So he got to work cooking up what Tony was obviously in the mood for.
Acceptance by joblo
Author's Notes:
Gibbs is determined to accept reality but he's unprepared for the reality Tony must come to accept.
~

Gibbs smiled when he opened the door and smelled the home cooking. It was unlike anything he’d ever smelled before, but it reminded him of his godmother’s smothered pork chops, sweet potatoes and mixed greens. He didn’t remember his mother’s cooking, but once she died, Jethro found himself eating plenty of meals at his uncle Leroy’s house and Mabel Jones was quite simply the best cook Gibbs had ever known. “Smells like Christmas with Uncle Jet and Aunt Mabel,” Gibbs said as he turned the corner into the kitchen. He tempered his shock at finding the sexy, long haired and barefoot man in low hanging jeans and a tight t-shirt. Eliot was crooning to Johnnie Taylor and checking pots with his back to the doorway.

“Does Aunt Mabel have a daughter? Our boy is craving some southern comfort right about now, Gibbs.” Eliot turned around with a friendly smile, obviously in good spirits. Gibbs didn’t want to think about why.

“Where’s Tony?”

“I put him to sleep for a while. He usually only needs fifteen minutes to recover, but he looks bad, Gibbs. How’s he been doing? You know he won’t tell me the truth,” Eliot said.

“What did he tell you?”

“Just the obvious: he’s pregnant.”

“Morning sickness has been constant and I think it’s come back this last week, but he hides it from me. He has mood swings-“

“And tantrums, no doubt,” Eliot added, smiling at the quirk of Gibbs’ lips. “Tony hates to be sick. I bet he’s been miserable. How are you holding up?”

“Fine. It’s not me who’s pregnant and sick everyday,” Gibbs huffed, not wanting to talk about himself.

“Right. I just want to thank you for looking after Tony and my children Gibbs. I feel so much better knowing you’re around.” Eliot paused, waiting for Gibbs to interrogate him. When Gibbs remained silent, Eliot sighed to himself, realizing this wasn’t going to be easy. “I’m being chased by a crazy sociopath, Gibbs. If he finds out anything about my family or friends he’ll use it as leverage. I’m sure he’d kill Tony- probably after experimenting on him first,” Eliot muttered. “I can’t let that happen.”

“How are you going to protect them if you’re off somewhere playing dead?” Gibbs demanded.

“The best way to protect them is to be dead. Besides, this guy is serious; who says I’ll be playing?” Eliot’s voice was amused but Gibbs still heard the seriousness. “Growing up, we lived on a ranch in east Texas. It was a day’s drive from the base where my dad was stationed. When times got rough one year, I remember my dad having to sell his truck to pay bills and my mother telling him not to do it. It meant we wouldn’t see him once a week. That year I only saw my dad when he could bum a ride and that was rare. He was deployed and killed by enemy fire soon after that, but I did get one last letter before he left. You know what he said?”

“What?”

“He said he missed me, but he never regretted selling his truck because it was what his family needed from him.” Eliot said, knowing it probably wasn’t profound, but it was right. Now, his family needed to be safe and to make that happen, Eliot needed to disappear, at least until Damien Moreau was gone and who knew how long that would be? It was better, Eliot realized, for Tony to think he was dead so he wouldn’t come looking for him and get himself noticed by the wrong people.

“So you’re leaving him? He’s too loyal; he’ll find you.”

“Not if he thinks I’m dead. He knows I’m running from someone; I’ll tell him not to look for me, to think of the children,” Eliot said, and Gibbs could hear the resolve in the young man’s tone. “Now, you don’t owe me a thing, Gibbs, but this is Tony we’re talking about. I gotta know your intentions. Are you going to take care of my family?”

“Been taking care of Tony for ten years now. See no reason to stop because he’s added a couple more DiNozzo’s to the list,” Gibbs smiled sadly, wondering how long he’d get to play dad.

“Let’s just call it your family then, in case I don’t make it back. We wouldn’t want to confuse the little DiNozzos.” Eliot smiled, turning back to his crockpot of greens and checking his cornbread in the oven. “Since I’m being so generous, maybe you’ll take some friendly advice.” Gibbs just looked, giving Eliot his undivided attention. “You have a new family on the way in a few short weeks, from what I hear, Gibbs. Don’t you think it’s high time you remodeled a bit? Memories are important, but you shouldn’t let them get in the way of your second chance.”

“Is that what you’re giving me?”

“Most people don’t get one, Gibbs,” was all Eliot would say. He pulled the cast iron skillet from the oven filled with the golden brown bread that smelled sweet and buttery. Gibbs craned his neck to see which dish the heavenly smell was coming from when Eliot filled him in. “I prefer hot water corn bread myself, but my granny used to make it like this, all soft and buttery-sweet like cake so the kids would eat it.”

“Tony always did like his sweets.”

“Exactly.”

“Wow! You two are really hitting it off, agreeing on things and all,” Tony smiled, sauntering into the kitchen and snagging a seat next to Gibbs at the table.

“Everyone knows you like to eat, DiNozzo,” Gibbs joked with a straight face that made Tony breathe a bit easier. Tony got nervous again when Eliot stood over him and tilted his chin upwards, demanding a kiss. ‘Just make it quick,’ Tony told himself, but Eliot gripped tony’s neck in one hand and rubbed at his collarbone with the other in a gesture that was so possessive, it had Tony almost whimpering at the table. When he lowered his head, he stole a glance at Gibbs, who was very interested in his mail. Some small twinge inside of Tony made him angry that Gibbs wasn’t jealous, but he let it pass. Mostly, he was thankful that Gibbs was not grunting in anger with a twitchy trigger finger.

“You all right, boss?” Tony wondered, suddenly suspect of Gibbs’ good will toward the Eliot situation.

“Never better. Dinner smells great, Eliot.”

“Wait ‘til you taste it!” Tony gushed, almost bouncing in his seat.

~

“You full?” Eliot asked an hour later after Gibbs finished telling a few stories about his godfather, Leroy Jethro Jones and his godmother, Aunt Mabel. Tony was rapt with attention, loving the stories so much that he couldn’t decide if he’d rather eat or ask questions. Gibbs, who was just glad to see Tony keeping food down, made the decision for him.

“Eat!” He said before continuing with his tale. When it was done, Gibbs looked both men over carefully. “You should both get some sleep; it’s late. You bunking in the bedroom downstairs, right? If you need anything, Tony knows where things are,” Gibbs dismissed them, giving his approval.

“Dessert first?” Tony pleaded.

“Tony, you’re stuffed! Besides, from what Gibbs tells me, you probably can’t handle anything as rich as my peach cobbler right now. Wait until tomorrow, and Gibbs,” Eliot demanded as their host was making his way to the basement, “don’t let him have more than a cup at a time or he’ll make himself sick,” Eliot said, noting Gibbs’ grunt of acknowledgement.

“You didn’t have to tell the police,” Tony hissed.

“Obviously I did, Anthony, or you wouldn’t be so pissed,” Eliot laughed, pulling Tony to his feet and leading him to the bedroom.

~

“I should go check on him,” Tony said after listening to Gibbs hammer for thirty minutes. There was a crash, then a curse, then more hammering. Tony resisted when Eliot tried to pull him against his chest to rest. “I’m not sleepy. And something’s wrong with Gibbs!” Tony practically pouted as he lay tangled with Eliot in the dark room.

“He doesn’t need you to check on him,” Eliot sighed, knowing what was irking Gibbs. It could only be the fact that the man he loved was laying in the arms of another less than twelve feet above Gibbs’ head. ‘Well,’ Eliot thought, ‘that would be fixed soon enough.’ Eliot looked down at Tony from where he leaned against the headboard and decided there was no moment like the present to get an understanding between them and he knew Tony could use the distraction. “What are we gonna name them?”

“I was thinking Anthony DiNozzo III, if it was a boy, but that was before I knew it was twins.”

“Why not Spenser?” Eliot pretended to be hurt.

“Spenser is a cool name! Spenser DiNozzo? Maybe an Italian middle name will make it ‘pop’” Tony teased.

“The last name, idiot! Why not Spenser-DiNozzo?”

“I guess that’s alright,” Tony smiled and then went silent for a moment. “Gibbs likes odd names. As much as he claims to hate his name, he loves when I call him Jethro. He loves to see people’s reaction to his name,” Tony murmured wistfully.

“Good. Maybe he’ll like Dallas and Dixon.”

“Serious? It sounds like you’re casting a porno,” Tony laughed.

“Only in your dirty mind, Anthony. You can’t use my last name, but you can name them for my hometown and my favorite cousin, Dixie,” Eliot said, sounding serious.

“Why wouldn’t you want them to have your name?” Tony sat up in the darkness, reaching over to turn on the bedside light. Eliot caught his hands and shushed him quiet.

“Anthony, I love you and our babies very much,” he started, “but I have to leave to make sure you all stay safe. You can’t look for me. Do you understand? And you sure as hell can’t give them my name.”

“You’re leaving me,” was all Tony understood. He couldn’t believe his luck. The one person he knew would never run out on him, the one person who had pined for Tony all of his adult life, was leaving him knocked up and alone.

“I have to, but I couldn’t be leaving you in more capable hands, Anthony. Gibbs will be a great father and he’ll take good care of you and the babies. It’ll be alright,” Eliot soothed, kissing Tony’s temple before resting Tony’s head on his chest. Despite Tony’s silence, Eliot felt the moisture soak his chest but decided to stroke Tony’s back until he fell asleep. Sleep didn’t come easily. It came only after forty-five minutes of innocuous conversation about Gibbs’ horrible taste in decorating and how the twins deserved a more respectable home environment which turned into child proofing before Eliot heard Tony softly snore. In the early morning, Eliot awoke to find himself in bed alone. He went to the kitchen, expecting to see Tony raiding the ice cream and cobbler. Instead, he found Tony listening to vinyl. He relaxed in the shadows, watching his love and his children in the quiet of the early morning.

“Miles:Kind of Blue. It’s a classic!” Tony explained, knowing Eliot had followed him into the living room. He couldn’t hear Gibbs sanding anymore, so he hoped his boss had fallen asleep under his boat as he usually did when he stayed up late to drink and think. Tony began swaying to “My Favorite Things” and Eliot came behind him, arms encircling Tony’s waist until Tony turned and they were moving together. They danced in the dark and whispered meaningless conversations. Tony teased Eliot about wanting to watch Dixie Does Dallas and Eliot laughed and said at least the names were unisex. They collapsed onto the couch tangled together and ended up laughing and cuddling while Eliot stroked Tony’s hair. Gibbs watched from the door of the basement. It was dark enough that they didn’t notice him, but he retreated downstairs so he wouldn’t interrupt the moment.

Tony deserves to be loved and held, Gibbs thought, wishing it could be him holding the beautiful man and rubbing his belly. He listened to the gentle strum of Tony’s guitar as Eliot serenaded Tony in the early morning hours. The Spanish style and the smooth tone told Gibbs this kid could’ve been a star and it made Gibbs glad that Tony had someone so good who loved him so much, even if the feeling wasn’t exactly mutual. Gibbs wondered how long Eliot would stay and almost hoped he’d stay longer than 24 hours; Tony had never looked as happy since they found out about the twins and Gibbs could use a little down time to get his head on straight for when Eliot left again. He went back to sanding until his eyelids got heavy and he relaxed under his boat.

~

The vibration woke Tony almost as quickly as his Mighty Mouse ring.

“Hardison. What’s up? Meet me at the rendezvous. If I don’t make it, get the hell outta there.”

“Where do you think you’re going?” Tony demanded, fully awake now.

“Since when do you sleep so light? I told you, hon, I gotta get out of here. I have to disappear so don’t try to find me, Anthony. You tell those kids I love them and that Uncle Gibbs is gon’ take real good care of them.” Eliot rubbed Tony’s belly, kissing him than kissing his stomach.

“Don’t go,” Tony pleaded, rushing behind Eliot to put on his clothes as well, stumbling in the dark so that he cursed loudly.

“Are you okay?” Eliot stopped for a moment as he made his way to the doors off the deck.

“No. I hurt my toe,” Tony whined, seeing that it stopped Eliot from leaving. Eliot sighed, wanting to go down on his knees and kissed it better.

“You’re a big boy, Tony. You’ll be fine. You raise these children and know that if I survive, I’ll be back to find you as soon as it’s safe. If I don’t come back, don’t you worry. I love you, Anthony DiNozzo.” Eliot said softly, kissing Tony passionately before disappearing out the door.

~

It was the cursing that woke Gibbs, but it was the slamming of the door and the squeal of the rubber in his driveway that made him jump up and run out the door as he grabbed two jackets. He was only seconds behind Tony and he hoped to God Tony hadn’t gotten himself involved with whoever was following Eliot Spenser. He found Tony’s Mustang soon enough on the deserted streets but he was speeding and half a mile away where he was merging onto the beltway. Gibbs followed and didn’t catch up until Tony had taken Arlington Blvd. around to Washington and arrived at Memorial Drive Circle, starting out towards Arlington Memorial Bridge.

“What the hell…” Gibbs wondered as he watched Tony stop his car in thankfully light traffic and run toward the near empty walkway. The only thing Gibbs could see was a lone man running across the dark bridge. “Why not drive, Spenser?” Gibbs wondered aloud but just drove to where Tony had left his car running and jumped out to run through the dark morning to retrieve Tony. When he saw the helicopter sweeping down the Potomac, Gibbs knew they had to get out of there and fast. “Tony! Down!” he yelled and his voice startled DiNozzo who turned and ducked just as bullets rang out not twenty feet ahead of him. Gibbs had made it to where Tony crouched on the sidewalk, hidden behind a solid stone column. From there, they got a front row seat to Eliot sabotaging the dangerously close aircraft. Eliot threw two knives which apparently hit their mark since the shooter fell from the helicopter which listed to the side and crashed into the river. Eliot turned slowly towards Tony and smiled, wondering if Tony could see that he was at peace with what was about to happen. Eliot jumped onto the columns slowly, making his injuries obvious to anyone who cared to watch. Then, with one last look back and a slight wave goodbye, he fell into the river.

Tony jumped up and looked over the stone railing, but in the inky darkness of the early morning, he couldn’t even see the splash that he knew must be Eliot sinking to a watery grave. “Eliot,” Tony croaked in disbelief.

“Tony, we’re out of here,” Gibbs said with his usual authority but his hands were gentle as they grasped Tony’s shoulders, pulling him away from the ledge. “We have to leave,” Gibbs reiterated when he felt resistance.

“We have to get him, Gibbs! Call the Coast Guard! Call Boren! She’ll know what to do,” Tony begged, reluctantly letting Gibbs pull him down the walkway. Gibbs, for his part, remained mostly silent. He didn’t want to tell Tony that there was no way to save Eliot in time, knowing that this would cause more trouble than necessary.

“I’ll make a call,” Gibbs finally acquiesced as he pushed Tony into the passenger seat of his Mustang and slammed the door. “Ziva. Pick up Tim and get to the Jefferson Memorial Bridge. Have Tim drive my Charger home. And hurry before traffic gets bad,” Gibbs barked, sliding in beside Tony and slamming the door closed.

“On our way, Gibbs,” Ziva answered quickly, sensing the urgency. She could hear Tony ranting in the background and this spurred her into action even more than Gibbs command. “What’s happened to Tony?” Ziva wasn’t surprised to hear the click of the phone line, but she was still a bit more perturbed than usual. No matter, she figured, everything would be clear soon enough, she instinctively felt. Sparing a moment to be thankful for the cold night which found her sleeping in lounge pants, she slid into her boots and grabbed the matching jacket, snatching her keys and a scarf from where they hung near the door. “McGee,” she clipped into her cell.

“Ziva? It’s, like, four in th-“

“Be downstairs in five minutes. Gibbs needs us to run an errand.” She hung up, knowing that Tim would be waiting when she arrived. With Ziva’s driving and the early morning traffic, Tim was starting up the Charger less than thirty minutes later. After driving into Arlington and turning around, they caught the beginning of early morning D.C. traffic which meant it took nearly an hour to make it to Gibbs house. It didn’t help that drivers were rubbernecking on the ride back into D.C. since there was a cadre of officers at the site near where they’d rescued Gibbs Charger not an hour ago. Still, traffic would’ve been worse if it hadn’t been Saturday.

At five thirty, McGee and David knocked then opened the door, bearing coffee and concerned looks. “Boss?” Tim called out, not knowing what to expect.

~

Gibbs wasn’t sure what to say to Tony, so he said nothing. He listened to Tony ramble about Eliot’s daring escapes, how Eliot was an Army Ranger a lifetime ago, before he was for hire. There was just no way, Tony rationalized, that Eliot could be lying at the bottom of the Potomac. No way. Tony was so certain, apparently unaware that his own insistence suggested otherwise. But Gibbs didn’t point this out. He just drove home without saying a word of doubt or support; neither seemed like it would be helpful. When they arrived home, Tony had to be ushered from the car into the house and he babbled the whole time until Gibbs found it hard to ignore. “Tony, you need to rest. All this excitement isn’t good for the babies,” Gibbs explained as he watched Tony gesture wildly and pace as Tony worked out in his mind what his eyes had just witnessed.

“What? I can’t! Not with Eliot fighting for his life as he swims the Potomac! Who’d you call? I wonder if it made the news,” Tony thought, spinning around in circles searching for the remote which he quickly spotted after two spins, stuffed in Gibbs’ dilapidated green and yellow plaid couch. Gibbs quickly plucked it from his fingers.

“It’s been taken care of, Tony. Eliot said to not try to find him or help him, didn’t he?” Gibbs reminded Tony, hoping Eliot had a chance to have his talk with Tony as he promised Gibbs he would.

“Yeah. He did,” Tony remembered, seeming to calm down. Gibbs watched as Tony stood still, almost panting, but his brain was still running in circles. He was thinking this was all expected. Eliot knew this would happen and it was probably all part of some plan. But the facts were still damning. All evidence would suggest that Eliot had drowned. It was too dark to see the splash, but Tony knew he definitely heard one and there were no signs of boats. Gibbs was almost amazed at how well he could follow Tony’s thoughts. What he couldn’t have known was that Tony stared at the bridge and the river as they sped down the beltway; there were no boats. Tony was afraid of what his rational mind told him had happened so he held on to the one fact that Gibbs gave him. “He said don’t look for him because it would be dangerous if the people after him found us. Oh God, Gibbs! What if they saw me on the bridge? They’ll track our cars and find us-“

“They definitely won’t be tracking us anywhere or have you forgotten your golden boy double tapped the shooter and took out the pilot? They…most certainly did meet a watery grave,” Gibbs assured Tony who looked like he just remembered. “Now, we’re going to relax and get some rest. What did Eliot tell you?” Gibbs asked, but Tony was distracted by a warm calloused hand that gripped his own and pulled him toward the staircase. He stopped, halting Gibbs’ progress and giving the silver haired man his patent look of suspicion. Gibbs spoke in a soft voice but it was filed with conviction when he said, “You need your rest, Tony.” There was no room for argument, but Gibbs wouldn’t just yank Tony to heel; he needed a sign first. Gibbs watched as Tony looked up the staircase then back to the downstairs bedroom down the hall beyond the living room and his heart sank. Tony didn’t want to sleep in Gibbs’ bed. Gibbs could live with passionless nights and Tony cuddling his pillow on the other side of the cold center of the bed, but if Tony didn’t even want to be in the same bed, there was no way this would work out how it should. Gibbs immediately made the command decision to get the fuck over it. It wasn’t the first time he’d been disappointed and it wouldn’t be the last. Besides, he reasoned with himself, he knew Tony wanted him; he just needed time to grieve for his friend before he could remember that and Gibbs would give him all the time he required. “You want to sleep down here?” Gibbs asked quietly in a voice that said that was okay.

“No. I-I just… I should clean up,” Tony looked honestly concerned and that made Gibbs genuinely smile. That Tony would be concerned about leaving soiled sheets in a funky room at a time like this was odd and endearing. “I should clean up,” Tony repeated, but with a certainty that said he knew Eliot wasn’t coming back and he needed to say goodbye. Gibbs saw it and had to acknowledge it.

“You will,” he replied as if the answer was obvious and pulled Tony after him up the stairs and towards the master bedroom. “After you get some rest,” he said and before Tony could grasp what had happened, he was being undressed next to Gibbs’ tall, masterpiece of a bed. He stared at the four posters of the mammoth French Provencal styled piece, mesmerized by the detail of the carving. He smiled when he recalled his one night of passion with Gibbs when they laughed about how they couldn’t move the bed. “What’s funny?”

“You made this bed, right? I mean, look at the detail; it would’ve cost a fortune, even twenty years ago on a Gunny Sergeant’s salary, but since when did you like the French? It’s really not your style, Jethro.”

It may have been the fact that the seemingly normal conversation was helping Tony fight off his shock, but part of it was certainly the way Gibbs’ name rolled so easily off Tony’s tongue. Whatever the cause, Gibbs was sharing a part of himself he gave only to family and that meant no one. “Shannon saw it. She was always decorating and dreaming of her perfect home. When I asked her about it, she said her perfect home was any house with me and Kelly in it, and it must have been true because she never got any of those things, but she was always happy.” Gibbs paused, looking at the bed before sitting Tony down. “Shoes. Socks,” he ordered. Tony’s look begged for more and Gibbs obliged walking into the bathroom. “Shannon was always changing what she wanted, but one catalog she kept all year had the pages folded at this enormous bed that she would never ask for. I would’ve given Shannon whatever she wanted, but she knew we couldn’t afford it. Hell, I couldn’t afford the wood to make it. When I was stationed at Pendleton, I knew Shannon didn’t want to leave. I bought the wood with money I was saving for a new truck and I promised her that when we came back, she would be sleeping on her dream bed. I’ll never forget the look on her face the day we came back and it was sitting here.

“She forgot,” Tony said still in his t shirt because it was a bit chilly and heat from the fire that Gibbs started hadn’t quite reached the bed just yet. He was still I his jeans because he had nothing on underneath them and Gibbs figured he could lose those in the bathroom.

“She didn’t think I had time to make it.” Gibbs smiled at the fond memory then looked at Tony who was smiling at him in. “What did Eliot tell you before he left?” He pulled Tony to the bathroom. The room was steamy and warm and Tony smelled a comforting aroma that he couldn’t quite place. Gibbs pulled Tony’s t shirt off and pushed his jeans down, baring Tony to the misty warmth of the room.

“He said he’d be gone for a long time but, if he was alive,” at this point Tony paused, but swallowed hard and continued after a few seconds, “he’d come back to get us. He said until then you’ll take care of us?” Tony repeated but it came out as a question which made Gibbs smile. This was the easy part.

“He was right, Tony. You know you and the twins have a home here for as long as you want, right?”

“’Kay,” Tony agreed warily, allowing himself to be guided into the oversized bathtub filled with steaming water and bath salts. Tony realized absently as he felt the grainy granules at the bottom of the tub that Gibbs would take care of him. He sighed heavily, collapsing into the water in slow motion.

“Good. Just close your eyes.” Gibbs ordered and left the room. He went to the kitchen to boil milk for Tony and thought better of adding the Hershey’s syrup he knew Tony loved. Then Gibbs figured why not; Tony was spent enough to pass out regardless of what sugary sweet he had after all the excitement of the last hour. He sat the hot liquid on the nightstand and went to check on Tony who was obviously deep in thought. Gibbs grabbed a bar of soap and lathered a washcloth before holding Tony’s arm out and setting to work. If Tony was surprised that his boss was giving him a bath, he didn’t bat an eye. Instead, he asked a dozen questions, most of which Gibbs ignored with studious attention to cleaning behind Tony’s ears and between his toes. Tony was still feeling the effects of shock from seeing Eliot killed and Gibbs planned to take full advantage.

“Boss, what if he was too hurt to swim to shore? What if he bled out? It looked like he was hit dead on and he looked injured, didn’t he? I mean, those were automatic weapons being fired,” Tony recalled.

“Could be they got him, could be he got away, Tony. We just don’t know,” Gibbs said, hating that it tasted like a lie to him. He didn’t actually believe Eliot was still alive, but he didn’t want to break Tony’s heart when he knew there was no proof. Yet.

“I-I think he’s dead, Gibbs,” Tony sighed dejectedly and went silent. Gibbs didn’t answer. He just rinsed Tony and helped him stand then step out of the bath. He dried Tony with plush towels that Tony recognized as his own then dressed him in loose sweats and a soft NIS t shirt. Gibbs sat Tony down on his bed where the covers were already turned down and handed him the warm chocolate milk which Tony sipped with a decadent moan as Gibbs tucked the sheets and comforter around Tony’s waist retrieving the mug that Tony held out like a silent offering. The sun was just rising and Gibbs rose to draw the blackout shades just as he heard the knock at his front door and a holler. “That’s McGee. You called McGee?”

“To get my car. Stay here. I’ll send him home,” Gibbs ordered, knowing Tony probably wouldn’t last sixty seconds upstairs while Gibbs kicked McGee and David out. He hustled downstairs, holding his hands out for the keys. “Thanks Tim, Ziva. I’ll-“

“Coffee.” Ziva said, motioning to the steaming brew McGee held out silently. For a moment, Gibbs was sidetracked by the heavenly aroma as his body craved the caffeine rush he so needed.

“Thanks,” he sighed, grabbing the cup without a thought and taking a scalding sip.

“How is Tony? He sounded a little out of it.” Ziva demanded, circling around Gibbs and working her way into the house. She checked the living room, making no secret of her impromptu inspection down the silent hall and into the kitchen where only the light above the stove was on.

“He’s had a long night, Ziva; he’s exhausted. Tony went to sleep. I’ll have him call you when he gets up,” Gibbs said.

“As long as he’s asleep, boss… what did happen last night?” McGee asked, looking pale and full of concern for what would make his boss leave his prized possession in the middle of the Arlington Memorial Bridge at a spot that was obviously also the site of a federal investigation. When Gibbs seemed reluctant to answer, Ziva chimed in.

“He’s sleeping in the guest bedroom?” She pointed down the hall. “I’ll just pop in and say hi-“

“McGhostly! Zee-vah! Boss, you didn’t tell me you invited Ziva. How nice.”

“Well, yeah, DiNozzo. How was McGee gonna drive his car and my car at the same time?” Gibbs sighed. So much for avoiding a collision, he thought: on to damage control. “You should really get back to bed.” There was an awkward pause where Tim and Ziva exchanged questioning glances, each wondering about the three rooms upstairs; the master bedroom, a small office, and one other they assumed was Kelly’s old room. It was always locked. Did Tony get to see the mystery room or, weirder yet, was Tony sleeping in Gibbs’ bed? And did Gibbs just send Tony to bed? At 6 a.m.? Before either could form a coherent sentence, Gibbs was pushing them towards the door as Tony waddled down the steps to reach them before they left.

“Waitwaitwait, guys. Where ya goin’? Boss, you can let them stay. I feel fine. Honest,” Tony insisted, rushing behind Gibbs who held Tim’s right shoulder and Ziva’s left arm as he herded them to the front door. Ziva stared wide-eyed at Gibbs’ hand which was bruising her arm. Gibbs almost smiled at her consternation, thinking ‘she looks like she’s about to explode. He heard Tony’s pleas but he ignored them. He would give Tony his complete attention once McGee and David were on the other side of the door. Tony brimmed over with the anger of Gibbs ignoring him, and Ziva so angry with Gibbs and McGee not paying attention to him either that he snapped. Oh, I see; you want to hide the grieving pregnant man away!” Tony ended his he snapped and all eyes turned to him. Ziva’s eyebrows furrowed where Tim’s lifted in shock. This was exactly the kind of thing Gibbs was worried about, but he was glad the secret was out. It was time. He stopped pushing his team to the door and went to make more coffee instead. He was going to need it.
Going Through Changes by joblo
As expected, Tony’s emotions ran a gamut from blazing anger, to cautious pride and joyous excitement. My Tony, he loves to be the center of attention, Gibbs smiled in the kitchen which was just catching its first rays of dawn. His heart almost hurt for his desire for the young man even as he listened to Tony rant about how he was always sick and McGee needed to quit bring those stinky breakfast burritos to work. He ran down Tim’s list of misdemeanors until Ziva had to interject.

“Tony-“

“And your falafels, little sister, have got to go. I mean, honestly, do we really want to smell rancid lamb-“

“My falafels are vegetarian and I seem to recall you frequenting the same gyro shop all spring, Tony!”

“Well, yeah! That’s before I had to respect what I put into my body, Zee-vah!”

“Whatever, Tony,” Ziva said through gritted teeth, doing her best to not start a fight. “I, for one, would like to hear less about your food restrictions and more about your condition. When are you due, Tony?”

Gibbs listened contentedly and, though he couldn’t see Tony from where he stood, Gibbs knew exactly how Tony looked as he said each word. He smiled as Tony glossed over how he would deliver, leaving McGee and Ziva just as confused, but less willing to probe. After Tony explained about the gestation period and how he had less than six weeks left they began asking about how much longer he’d be working and Gibbs decided he had listened in enough. He refilled the coffee cup Tim gave him with his own strong brew and brought in hot chocolate with little marshmallows for Tony. He walked back in the room and stopped when the conversation came to a halt. He looked at Tim and Ziva sitting on his old couch and Tony sitting on the older coffee table that wobbled precariously.

“Tony! Sit in a chair before the table breaks!” He watched Tony startle and obediently jump up, a bit embarrassed. “Tony, I’m not making a comment about your weight, I’m making a comment about this twenty year old furniture; that table had seen better days when I brought it home from the VFW. Now it’s just an accident waiting to happen and as rough as you are on…everything,” Gibbs finished, eyeing the mug in his hand. Ziva and Tim stared on in awe, seeing a domestic side of Gibbs that rarely reared its head. “Now, do you think you can manage to keep down hot chocolate?” Gibbs asked in a serious voice, as if Tony hadn’t already had his arm held out for several seconds after sitting down and actually looking at Gibbs.

“Yes, but if I promise to get plenty of rest today, do you think I could have some of those-“

“Deal,” Gibbs announced, handing the hot mug to Tony who smiled down at the gooey sweetness floating in his cocoa. “Don’t mind me,” Gibbs said, standing to one side and sipping his coffee disinterestedly when the conversation lulled. Predictably, it was Ziva who gained her speech first.

“So when will you go on maternity leave?”

“When it’s time to deliver,” Tony said slowly as if it were obvious.

“Many women do not work at the end of their pregnancy, Tony. It is expected.” Ziva explained, sensing that Tony might be planning on over doing it.

“I know, but I’m sure I can manage six more weeks of this.”

“You have to remember that if you had trimesters, this would be your last one, Tony. The babies will probably grow really fast from now until you deliver and you’ll be going through a lot of changes too. You might not want to go to work.” Gibbs explained to Tony, not wanting to bring up anything specific in front of McGee and David.

“Vance says I can work on restricted duty as long as I want so I’ll be there every day- munchkins are expensive and I’m gonna have two if you forgot,” Tony added.

“Since when do you answer to Vance? And we both know money is the least of your concerns,” Gibbs rejoined in a gruff voice but it wasn’t hard to hear the playfulness in it.

“Always, since he is technically your boss. But not half as long as I’ve been answering to you, boss! You’re always the first boss I answer to… and the last,” he added before deciding he should stop while he was ahead. Ziva and Tim watched the two men talk like colleagues and interact like something more. Tim seemed perplexed, but Ziva gave a knowing smile as she cleared her throat.

“Yes, Ziva?” Gibbs asked.

“Nothing. I was just thinking how very kind it is of you to open your home to Tony in his time of need. I’m sure he will find your experience very helpful, Gibbs. What of the other father, Tony? Will he be in the picture?”

“He was a very close friend who died recently, so no, he won’t be in the picture,” Tony said, looking at the floor.

“Oh man, I’m sorry, Tony. We had no idea you lost someone recently,” Tim rang in, sounding like he wanted to take the question back.

“I, too, am sorry,” Ziva said. “Perhaps we should leave you to rest, yes? I think Gibbs was right; you are looking tired, Tony.” Ziva stood up and Tim followed her to the door.

“We’ll call later and see if you feel like company,” Tim said as he closed the door, leaving Gibbs staring at Tony in silence. Without saying a word, Tony waddled up the stairs, rubbing his back in an obvious bid for sympathy. Gibbs refilled his cup then locked up and followed Tony, climbing into bed behind him and kneading all the right spots in Tony’s back until Tony was cringing then moaning then limp with achy relief. Gibbs felt guilty for all the times he watched Tony rub his back and Gibbs didn’t help to relieve the pain, for all the times Tony tossed at night, but Gibbs couldn’t give in enough to cuddle Tony against him and help him find a comfortable position.

An hour later, Gibbs untangled his legs from Tony’s, replacing it with a doubled over pillow before padding downstairs to the basement to think. He’d lost track of time and was surprised to hear Tony coming downstairs. Gibbs listened to Tony move around the downstairs bedroom and checked the time on his cell phone. It was almost 1 p.m. and he wondered how so much time passed by so quickly. The ten minute job of tidying up the room took Tony considerably longer, but Gibbs decided to leave him to it. Thirty minutes later, Tony was loading the washer and returning to the room. When Gibbs heard the sad strum of Tony’s old acoustic guitar, he took to the stairs. He had planned to find Tony and shake him from his sadness because he knew Tony could never resist his charms which were considerable, despite his reputation for being a bastard. But when he crossed the living room, the hauntingly beautiful tenor made Gibbs pause. He sat on the couch and just listened. Tony didn’t often sing and Gibbs relished every note, even when Tony was just being obnoxious in the bullpen, giving Gibbs an excuse to head slap him. Gibbs would never admit to fantasizing, but when he did, he thought of Tony singing for him on a deserted beach or in a quiet field or in bed as the sun came up. Just one song, Gibbs thought as he relaxed into the couch and closed his eyes. He listened to the words and smiled.

The wild and windy night
That the rain washed away
Has left a pool of tears

He knew this song. Shannon loved The Beatles and it was one of her favorites next to “Strawberry Fields” and the bluesy “Oh, Darling”. He even knew the words to this one. They were sad.

Many times I’ve been alone
Many times I’ve cried
Anyway you’ll never know
The many times I’ve tried
But still they lead me back
To that long, winding road.
Don’t leave me waiting here
Lead me to your door.

Gibbs sighed, thinking it was an appropriate song for Eliot. After all, it was about lost love and Eliot was lost to Tony, even if he had miraculously survived. There would be no happy reunion any time soon; Eliot had made that clear. Gibbs felt more than heard a movement and opened his eyes to find Tony standing before him.

“All finished in there. You taking a nap, old man?” Tony joked to hide the tears in his voice, but he couldn’t have fooled Jethro even if he hadn’t just listened to the five minute guitar solo when the chorus tapered off into quiet sobs.

“Listening to you. You should play more often,” was all Gibbs said as Tony sat in a chair and tried to get comfortable. Gibbs threw him a pillow from the couch and Tony grunted his thanks, stuffing it behind his back and plopping his feet on the scarred coffee table. There was a creak and a shift and suddenly the table was in pieces on the floor.

“Oops.” Tony said, but hardly sounded apologetic.

“Not to worry; I can fix it.”

“Don’t bother. Just get a new one. I’d say I’ll get a new one, but you might not want me furnishing your home,” Tony paused, feeling self conscious.

“Tony, I want you to consider this your home too. Soon the babies will be here and we’ll be fixing the nursery and childproofing the house; I think you can buy furniture if you want,” Gibbs explained with a little smirk that Tony recognized as full acceptance.

“In that case, what’s with these plastic rolling shades and how old is this couch- and the carpet- we can’t have kids on this carpet, Gibbs,” Tony began, rattling off a dozen ‘necessary’ changes.

“Let’s deal with the nursery first, okay,” Gibbs suggested, wondering what Pandora’s box he just opened.

~

Later that afternoon when Ziva and Tim called, Tony put them off. He was in no mood to be entertaining or entertained for that matter. He wanted silence if not solitude and Gibbs granted him his wish. They sat in the same room, watching a Hitchcock festival on Bravo. Not once did Tony babble on about the movies’ merits. He just gave a few poignant memories, almost whispering to himself in the dimmed room, not expecting Gibbs to reply.

“The first time I saw this, I was nine and it was late fall. The next day, I saw hundreds of birds migrating south like a black cloud, settling on our enormous lawn then sweeping off into the sky as I watched. I slammed the back door shut and didn’t go outside all weekend.” Gibbs imagined a little Anthony DiNozzo, huge eyed as he watched the sky fill with hundreds of potential enemies. He chuffed lightly, a sound barely discernable, but Tony heard it and knew Gibbs thought the anecdote funny. This was the model for all their conversations that day and both men were satisfied. Gibbs was glad to be near Tony. He had even progressed to rubbing Tony’s feet by the end of the second movie. Tony was relieved not to be alone, but Gibbs knew that he wasn’t totally reassured yet. In time, Gibbs thought. In time.

The following week at work was different and Tony wasn’t sure he liked it. His entire team knew the truth but had taken a vow of silence where letting others know was concerned. Most people thought Tony was sick and the overly solicitous behavior from his team did nothing to help matters. Tim brought him tea twice a day a usual, but refused to sneak him coffee when Gibbs wasn’t looking, now that he knew Tony was with child. Ziva bought Tony healthy lunches with plenty of vegetables and lean protein and eyed him like a hawk until he ate most of it. She was worse than Gibbs who Tony caught smirking from behind his desk more than once that week. The only good thing that came of telling everyone was the pregnancy pillow Palmer brought for Tony on Friday.

“What’s this?” Tony asked, eyeing the huge, pastel pink cushion. It was shaped like a candy cane and Tony looked at Palmer as if it were a gag joke he didn’t understand.

“Brina suggested it. It’s a maternity pillow, Tony.”

“Oh.”

“I mentioned that you’d been looking sick, but when I heard the joyous news last weekend, it all made since.”

“What?”

“That you were just stressed and probably tired from the pregnancy. Anyway, from what I hear, you’ll be delivering in just a few weeks so I figured you’d be going through a lot of changes soon and this might help ease your nights.” Palmer rambled on until Tony cut him off.

“Thanks Palmer. Tell Brina that was nice. I think I could actually use this,” Tony smiled, thinking about his back and how he positively needed Gibbs’ body for support the last few nights. At first he thought it was just in his mind; he was clinging to Gibbs in the aftermath of losing Eliot, the one person he knew he could depend on. But the growing aches and pains in his body made him think otherwise. That night, Tony noticed his sweats were a little tighter across his belly. He walked into the bathroom and surveyed himself in the mirror. He turned to see himself from every angle before walking back to the bed and staring at Gibbs who was sitting in bed, reading. He took his glasses off and gave Tony his full attention.

“Have I gotten bigger this week?”

“I hope so. Those babies have to come out in a month; they have some growing to do.” Then, seeing how disturbed Tony truly was, Gibbs looked him over and answered seriously. “Two, almost three inches it looks like,” he said, reaching across the bed for Tony. “C’mere,” Gibbs ordered and Tony climbed on the bed, crawling over to Gibbs and kneeling next to him. Gibbs lifted up Tony’s shirt and cocked an eyebrow then looked at Tony as he rubbed Tony’s obviously larger belly. ‘Wow,’ his look said, but he was careful not to say anything else, knowing how sensitive Tony could be. Gibbs just smiled and said, “They’ll be here before you know it. Any ideas for that nursery?” Just then a baby kicked and Tony grimaced, hands reaching for his stomach, covering Gibbs’ hands which rubbed soothingly.

“I don’t know, but if this one is any indication, we need to get it ready quickly,” Tony gasped, collapsing into the middle of the bed and curling into a fetal position. Gibbs immediately put his book away and settled behind Tony, rubbing his stomach and talking to all three DiNozzos.

“We’ll be fine, Tony. Don’t you worry. Now you two relax in there. I know you’re ready to party, but your daddy’s tired,” Gibbs rumbled in a smooth, sleepy tenor as he rubbed circles over Tony’s belly. The kicking stopped and when Gibbs felt no movement, he began Tony’s nightly back rub. “You need anything else?” Gibbs murmured behind Tony’s ear, kissing his neck tenderly.

“I thought you’d never ask.” Tony moaned, wiggling his hips and pulling Gibbs’ hands from his back, around to his front. Gibbs acquiesced, molding himself against Tony’s back and caressing his lover’s sensitive breasts.

“What do you want?’” He asked, kissing and nuzzling Tony’s neck and shoulders but refusing to caress lower than his belly.

“You know what I want, Jethro,” Tony leered. “I want Uncle Willy’s wet and wild ride,” Tony demanded, reaching to grope Gibbs’ crotch. “I knew you were interested.”

“Always. But what about the babies? Won’t they bother you while…”

“They’re sleeping, Jethro. He wasn’t really kicking, he was just stretching. You know they’ll be waking me up in a couple of hours, so c’mon,” Tony pleaded. Gibbs had been sticking to the daily milking schedule, but work had been busy this week as usual. Tony was more than a little worried because he saw no indication that his body was changing physically. Sure, he felt different, but it was more like his regular horniness intensified. He was supposedly due in one month but he had no idea how the baby would come out. All he remembered was that Captain Jack told him they should “fuck like rabbits” and Tony had to admit to himself that the sex hadn’t been that great. He sighed in relief when Gibbs’ hand dipped below his belly and found him hard and ready. “Mmmnn, that’s good, Jethro. H-harder…yeah, like that,” Tony gave his approval of the firm strokes as he awkwardly opened his legs and scooted back against Gibbs, grabbing at what he wanted.

“Whoa, there! You’re gonna twist it off, Tony,” Gibbs chuckled, pulling Tony’s hand away.

“I need-“

“I know. Patience,” was all Gibbs said as he yanked Tony’s sweats down to his knees and abandoned his caresses in search of lube. Seconds later he had two fingers coated and was rimming the hole he was so familiar with as he listened to Tony’s sighs of contentment. Tony was leaning on one elbow, gaining just enough leverage to fuck himself on Gibbs’ fingers while he stroked himself off with the other hand.

“Hurry. Please. In me, now!” Tony begged, loving the feeling of the thick fingers but wanting something more. It had been too long since Gibbs had made love to Tony without the amazing dildo, if you could call prostate milking at 0500 making love. Tony didn’t. He was starved for physical affection since all he got each morning was a glorious orgasm, a pat on the ass and a gruff command to ‘get moving’ before they were late to work. “Ahhh,” Tony moaned as he felt the thick cock split him slowly. “Faster!” He demanded, trying to move his hips as fast as his stroking hands.

“No.” Gibbs admonished, grabbing Tony’s hand and lacing their fingers together as he sank all the way in. He pulled out until only the head was left in then plunged back in, making Tony moan his appreciation. After several minutes of this treatment, both men were gasping with pleasure.

“I’m ready,” Tony pleaded, wanting to come. Gibbs released Tony’s captive hand but swatted it when Tony immediately reached for his weeping dick.

“Mine,” he said, squeezing it himself while Tony held on to Gibbs’ arm, struggling to be obedient. He forced Tony on his knees, squatting like a frog while he finished, ramming into Tony like a jackhammer as he felt Tony’s insides ripple and realized he was about to finish. “Shit, Tony. C’mon! Let it go,” Gibbs demanded as he fisted Tony so fast that Tony couldn’t breathe each time those calloused fingers swept past the head of his cock. With one hand squeezing the pillow and the other pinching his nipples, Tony turned his head and was met with a searing kiss just as he suddenly came, biting down hard on his tongue in surprise.

“Wow!” Tony gasped as he collapsed on his back with his head and shoulders splayed across Jethro’s chest. “That was…something!” Tony sighed, getting comfortable and wiping at his mouth. He looked at his hand and noticed the smear of blood. “I thought I bit my tongue. It’s funny though ‘cause it doesn’t really hurt- must be endorphins,” he said, snuggling into Gibbs who just smiled down and wiped at Tony’s mouth again.

“Could be you bit me instead,” Gibbs growled but smiled down at Tony as his hand ghosted over the sensitive nipples while Tony moaned and squirmed. “You okay, Tony?” Gibbs wondered, with a question on his face that Tony couldn’t decipher.

“Yeah. Why?”

“You didn’t come.”

“Oh, I came,” Tony assured him. “Boy did I come-“ he reached down to fondle himself and thought it was odd that there was very little moisture down there.

“You orgasmed, Tony. I felt it. But you didn’t ejaculate,” Gibbs explained, kissing Tony and fonlding him in case he wanted to try it again.

“But it felt like I came,” Tony whined with anxiety, afraid something was wrong.

“Shhh…everything’s fine, Tony. Remember the book says that’s part of your body getting ready to have the babies. Is this the first time you didn’t ejaculate?” Gibbs asked, rubbing the skin behind Tony’s sac.

“Nnngh! That feels funny, Jethro. I don’t like it,” Tony insisted, but his legs were wide open and his head was flung back in ecstasy which made Gibbs smile and rub harder. “What are you doing?”

“Just testing a theory. It’s okay, Tony; I’ve been doing my homework- have you?” Gibbs laughed when Tony ignored him, preferring to enjoy the heady sensations coming from the sensitive patch of skin. The spot was warm, puffy and a little textured and Gibbs rubbed, patted, and gently prodded until Tony was moaning and panting. “That’s good? Yeah, I think you like that, Tony. Soon, I’m gonna make you come from here,” Gibbs whispered, sticking his tongue in Tony’s ear and pinching the puffed up skin in front of Tony’s puckered hole.

“Just rub it! Harder!” he demanded then his muscles seized and a second orgasm ripped through his limbs, leaving him limp in Gibbs’ arms. If Tony was surprised when two fingers were shoved I his mouth he didn’t show it. He just sucked until they were pulled out, keeping his eyes closed. He was exhausted. He barely heard Gibbs post coital interrogation.

“What did you taste?”

“Hmm? I came,” Tony murmured softly, snuggling into the pillow and willing Gibbs to shut up and sleep.

“You did. Down there. I know you’ve been worried about the birth, Tony, but everything’s going to be fine,” Gibbs promised and Tony, believing him, fell into a deep sleep. He didn’t even feel the warm towel gently cleaning him or the covers being tucked around him.
Accidents by joblo
~

Tony woke to a pain in his side and a tangle of limbs. The bed was warm and cozy, and he didn’t want to wake Gibbs, but he needed to get to the bathroom and he couldn’t wait. He rolled forward, pushing at the legs and arms enclosing on him like a vice. Gibbs’ arms fell away, only to reach out for Tony’s belly and then it was too late.

“Oh…please, no,” Tony whispered, grabbing himself and wondering what happened to his sweats as urine threatened to trickle through his fingers. He threw himself out of bed, rolling to the edge and forcing himself to ignore the cramp in his side as he limped across the room to the toilet. When he made it there his thighs and feet were wet and he was sure he’d left a trail from the bed. “At least it’s hardwood and tile,” he grimaced, glad the toilet seat was up as he reached for the wall with one hand.

“Tony?” The questioning tone sounded harsh then Tony remembered he probably shouldn’t be touching the wall.

“Sorry, boss.”

“For what, Tony? You’re pregnant; the head is never close enough,” Gibbs said, not worried about the trail Tony left to the bathroom. “It sounded like you were in pain. Are you alright?” Gibbs gave Tony a few seconds to answer, but the red faced man remained quiet, shrugging his shoulders. Tony had already finished, but he stood there looking at his hands in disgust and embarrassment. Gibbs sighed, knowing how meticulous his love could be. Then he remembered how Tony suppressed memories of being bullied as a child. It made Gibbs angry to realize the abuse was so bad Tony had to reinvent himself, to know that Tony had no parental guidance and had to learn everything on his own. He was probably a really odd kid, Gibbs smiled to himself as he went to the shower stall and put the shower head on the heavy assault that Tony loved. He grabbed Tony’s wet hand without hesitation and led him across the room. Gibbs pulled Tony under the water, ignoring Tony’s wet face and the fact that he wouldn’t look Gibbs in the eye. It didn’t matter. Gibbs made quick work of washing Tony and himself then rinsed off, leaving behind a soapy, sullen Italian in the steaming stall. “Relax. I’ll be back.”

Tony stood under the pelting water feeling ashamed. He hadn’t wet the bed since he was five…well, eight, but that was his first year at boarding school and things were pretty rough that year. The old memories flooded back and suddenly Tony was remembering a dozen mortifications he’d worked hard to forget. He realized he was sobbing and couldn’t remember how long he’d been in the shower. He wondered why Gibbs was helping him in the first place. Tony reasoned that Gibbs must’ve wanted him there and really didn’t seem to like Eliot from the first moment they met, according to Derek. It made sense that Gibbs was jealous and he certainly did seem to want to take care of Tony. Still, Tony couldn’t stop thinking that he was a burden to Gibbs despite how supportive the old marine was being. Gibbs would always have his six, Tony knew that. Maybe that's all it was, just his biss being protective. Nah, Tony thought, rmembering the hot sex which, admittedly, was rare, but the intimate contact was daily, so that had to be something, he convinced himself. Even while he was trying to forget about Eliot, Tony wanted Gibbs. He just couldn't believe that the old marine wanted him too.

“Crap!” Tony hissed, remembering the mess he made. He cut off the water and was startled by the door opening to a robed Gibbs holding a towel open for him. Tony remained silent as Gibbs patted him dry and even rubbed the udder butter on his belly, even though he rolled his eyes when Tony told him what it was. “You’re using the udder butter.”

“No. You’re using the udder butter; I don’t mind the stretch marks.”

“You mind the peeing in the bed like a little kid?” Tony challenged him. He could smell the lemony freshness of the cleanser Gibbs used to clean up after him and he felt horrible. “I’ll get the sheets, Gibbs.”

“The only thing you’ll get is in bed and no, I don’t mind one bit. Besides, I think you’ll be quicker next time,” Gibbs’ voice held enough laughter to make Tony feel like it was going to be alright. He let the older man lead him back to bed where the sheets had already been changed and the bed was turned down. “Shannon always told me I was too grabby towards the end of her pregnancy. She said I would never let her leave the bed. Believe me,” Gibbs explained, patting his chest as he pulled up the fresh covers, “it’s not my first accident.” Tony obediently leaned forward and used Gibbs chest as a pillow. He wrapped his arms around Gibbs and tangled their legs back together just the way he liked them and sighed on his way to sleep.

“Mmmnnn. I like this,” Tony mumbled.

“Good.”

“Almost as much as I like that thing you did…the second time. You think we could do that in the morning instead of-“

“Sure, Tony, but we do the other too; wouldn’t want you to get off schedule.”

“Jethro?”

“Go to sleep, Tony.”

“’Kay, It’s just…nothing, boss.”

“Spill it, DiNozzo!”

“Canyouslowdownandtalktomeinthemorning?” Tony whispered, but Gibbs heard it loud and clear.

“You want to cuddle through the afterglow too, DiNozzo?” He joked.

“That’d be nice.”

“No problem. Now sleep,” Gibbs demanded with a playful spank to Tony’s ass then he gave it a firm squeeze as he went back to sleep. Seconds later Gibbs felt Tony rubbing himself against his thigh. This time the rough slap was serious. “I said sleep.” Gibbs’ words stung almost as much his hand.

“Yes, Jethro.”

~

When Tony arrived at the office, he was in an exceptionally good mood. He’d had great morning sex and convinced Gibbs to let him drive to work even though he hadn’t been allowed to since his back started giving him trouble the week before. So what if he had to wake up twenty minutes earlier than usual and Gibbs was still a little peeved by the way he skid out of the driveway, laughing as he waved to Gibbs and old Mrs. Bledsoe who was less startled than her Chihuahua, Peppers who jumped into her Hoveround basket. He sauntered in with his cup of hot chocolate and grin.

“You look happy, Tony. You are feeling much better, I hope.” Ziva said, not really asking a question. Still, Tony could tell by the way she looked at him that she demanded an answer.

“I feel great, Ziva. Thanks for noticing.”

“That’s great, Tony. It’s been a while since you were in good spirits. Glad to see you back-“

“You all better get back to work! We got a dead officer on the hill. Let’s go.” Gibbs barked. Tony was glad he wore a suit.

It was at the loading dock that they found the body. Apparently the chef, a reservist, had been poisoned as he tasted the breakfast to be served in the congressional banquet hall. A peace summit was being held and the whole party was scheduled for breakfast on the hill; he wanted to make sure everything was perfect.

“It was a good thing he tried the gravy; apparently it was lethal,” Ziva explained to Gibbs as she stepped over the dead cook, careful to avoid his bodily fluids. Tony was sketching while McGee dealt with the witnesses.

“Boss, everyone is accounted for. As soon as I get the surveillance I’ll double check it and see if we find,” McGee said, dialing security again. “Where are my files, officer?” He asked with steel in his voice that made Gibbs smile. This would be a quick job. These days it seemed there was little for him to do besides supervise and he was glad for the moment when he looked over and saw DiNozzo dancing as he cracked jokes and snapped pictures.

“Would you stand still, Tony!” Ziva ordered. Niether one noticed Gibbs’ approach.

“Hit the head, DiNozzo.”

“What? I’m fine, boss. I’ll stop dancing.” Tony promised just as he came across the chef’s soiled slacks and vomit covered face. “On second thought,” he held the camera out and Ziva took it, as Tony turned green and scampered off.

“That’s not the way to the bathroom.” Ziva murmured.

Crap, thought Gibbs.

~

The bathroom had been a close call, but Tony still lost his lunch all over the floor and ruined one of the few suits he still looked good in. He wore scrubs the rest of the day and complained about his favorite pinstriped Zegna shirt and his new tie he just found at Saks. The case seemed easy enough once they got the video files and saw that the only person to add anything to the pot of gravy was Lieutenant Ashford himself from a small bottle of spices he pulled from his pocket. After tasting the gravy, he began to foam at the mouth then he fell to the floor and died.

“According to Abby, its ground up GHB,” Ducky explained, a bit puzzled.

“GHB?” Gibbs asked, more than a little annoyed after listening to Tony bitch about his clothes all morning.

“Gamma hydroxybutyrate, but I can’t fathom how it got in his personal spice jar. Someone had it in for him, no doubt, Jethro. The question is, who had access to GHB?”

“Where do you find it, Duck?”

“I suppose you’d get this ‘date-rape’ drug from a drug dealer, Jethro. As you know, GHB has been banned by the FDA since 1990. It’s now only used for the treatment of a few sleep disorders. Most likely, this was manufactured illegally.”

“I see.”

“No, Jethro, I don’t think you do. He only sprinkled a small amount of spices into the pot before tasting it. The compound had to be very concentrated for it to have taken effect so suddenly and violently. Whoever did this made sure they got the Lieutenant.”

“And they didn’t care about who else they might have gotten.” Gibbs said, walking out of autopsy.

By the end of the day, Tony was back in good spirits. His cleaners had assured him the clothes he dropped off were in mint condition and ready to be picked up. He called the murderer as soon as he found out the wife was a pharmacist and she was in custody by the end of the day. Gibbs broke her as usual and by 0700, they were typing up their reports and tying up loose ends. Tony was his talkative self with his feet kicked up on his desk and his chair tipped back precariously.

“It’s always the wife. Or in this case, the soon to be ex-wife. Am I right or am I right? It’s really too easy, guys.” Tony rambled on until he felt a familiar head-slap jerking him upright, overbalanced and nearly fell out his chair.

“That’s no position for someone in your condition, DiNozzo!”

“Yes, boss.”

“And you are officially on desk duty,” Gibbs added, quieter so that McGee and David barely heard him. He dropped the official paperwork on Tony’s desk and walked away, putting an end to the conversation. Tony was in shock. By the time he was ready to argue, Gibbs was on his way to autopsy.

“Desk duty!” Tony hissed.

“I’m sorry, Tony,” McGee offered.

“It’s desk duty McGee, not the wrong drink from the vending machine!”

“Don’t take your frustrations out on us, Tony. We did not put you on desk duty. Besides, you cannot expect to find a port-a-potty at every crime scene for you weak bladder and your weaker stomach,” Ziva teased, making Tony seethe with anger.

“I’m sure what Ziva means,Tony, is that you only have a few weeks left and we want you to be as safe and as comfortable as possible. Any day now your back will hurt and your feet will be swollen and you’ll be having false labor pains… you should really take it easy for the last three or four weeks.”

“It’s desk duty, McGee! Stop trying to make it sound good. You should be ashamed of yourselves,” he snapped, stomping off to find a sympathetic ear.
Paranoia by joblo
Author's Notes:
Tony struggles to get along without Gibbs while he wonders if he's being followed or just being paranoid.
~

“Tony!” Abby greeted him with open arms. “I’m so glad you finally told the team because I was really having a hard time keeping the secret to myself. I thought I was going to explode! Now, I can show them all the really cool pictures we got from the ultrasound. Don’t you think it’s time we had another one?”

“No, but I’ll have plenty of time while I do paperwork, at my desk, since Gibbs just put me on desk duty!”

“Oh, no! Tony! I’m so sorry. But look at it this way; now we can take long lunch breaks and go shopping for baby stuff and-“

“You’re supposed to be making me feel better,” Tony pouted.

“Oh, you love shopping, Tony. Admit it. I’m going to be talking you out of splurging on the Gucci diaper bag and the Cavalli leather baby booties any day now.”

“Is that when my evidence will be packed up and stored, Abby?” Gibbs barked, startling Abby and Tony, who refused to acknowledge his boss. Gibbs took it in stride, figuring everything would be fine if Tony would just wait to explode until they got home. Gibbs really hated scenes. Abby, on the other hand, loved them and he was second guessing his plan to get Abby to cheer up DiNozzo before heading back upstairs.

“I’m finished with the case Gibbs. Tony and I were just talking about all the time he would have to take it easy and get some of the baby shopping done! We’re…really excited” Abby smiled, patting Tony’s shoulder and doing her best to ignore his forlorn expression which was really rather cute. “Just think, Tony: no more potty problems, right? A nice clean bathroom around every corner not to mention losing your lunch whenever Ziva drives!”

“You told her about the accident!”

“Accident? I just thought you were constantly in need of the bathroom. That’s what Tim and Ziva said. When’d you have an accident?”

“I’d never tell, Tony,” Gibbs promised quietly, ignoring Abby’s demand for information. He hated that Tony felt betrayed, but he was determined to keep his love as safe as possible. “You’ll see it’s for the best, Tony,” he said, rubbing Tony’s shoulders briefly and placing a quick kiss on his temple.

“Awww!” Abby cried, careful not to mention that Gibbs had reduced her best friend to tears then departed as stealthily as he came.

~

Driving home was hell on Tony’s back. He was still mad at Gibbs, but he had to admit that all the ailments and issues Tim mentioned he already had. Maybe it was time for him to stop working in the field. He got home before Gibbs, not bothering to ask when his boss would finish up. Tony heated up the food from the weekend and tried not to think about how it was the last meal Eliot would ever cook for him. After taking a hot bath and eating, Tony had to admit he was too exhausted to eat dessert. He curled himself around the body pillow, wishing Gibbs were there. I wouldn’t talk to him, Tony swore to himself, I’d just use him for lumbar support. Still, he smiled when the door opened and he heard his name roared from below.

“Tony!” Tony ignored the summons, closing his eyes and breathing a bit easier now that Gibbs made it home. “Tony? You asleep already? It’s only nine.”

“Well, you know, I am pregnant which apparently means I need twice as much of everything, including sleep, bathroom breaks and desk duty,” Tony snapped with his eyes still closed.

“I won’t apologize for taking care of you, DiNozzo, or for taking care of my team. How can you have my six when your back is killing you and the babies’ kicking is driving you crazy?”

“Alright! I hear you, I hear you. Dinner’s warming in the oven, Gibbs.”

“What happened to Jethro?” Gibbs asked, surprised that there was no argument.

“You’ll be Jethro around 0500 when you start doing that other thing to me again,” Tony smirked, finding the remote and turning on cable. It looked like he just bought himself a few ‘get out of Jethro-jail free’ cards and he was planning on using them wisely. “Go eat and get your hind parts back up here. No boat building tonight; my poor, pregnant back needs its human pillow.” Gibbs smiled as he went down the stairs. That was fine with him; all he wanted to do was hold Tony and make sure he was alright anyway.

~

Two days later saw them finished and reviewing older cases. Tony was looking at paint colors and furniture while Ziva was checking on flight information for a weekend getaway she’d been dreaming of. Tim came around the corner with a pack of Nutter-butters and a cocked eyebrow.

“Just ‘cause we don’t have a hot case doesn’t mean Gibbs won’t get mad if you goof off,” Tim warned.

“Shut up, McGaggle and come help me google.” Tony slammed his fingers against his keyboard in frustration.

“Stop before you break something, Tony.” Tim walked over to Tony and rolled his chair away from the desk and picked up his keyboard. McGee tinkered around while Tony wheeled over to his teammate’s computer and opened up a browser. “Hey! DiNozzo, get off my computer! You know that’s totally off limits!”

“I know, Tim, but this is an emergency. My back has been killing me and I need to do some research. Don’t tell Gibbs, okay?” Tony said, knowing it would stop Tim from being mad at him. Tim was just so sweet. He was a great caretaker and would be a good father. Tony smiled as Tim left his tinkering to come back to his own computer and search for Tony’s back problem.

“Okay, what’s wrong?”

“It’s like a Charlie horse in my back. I think I’m just tired from carrying this extra weight, but sometimes it just ceases in pain. After it does that I’m sore all day.”

“Since when, Tony?” Ziva wondered.

“Only the last week, Ziva- and don’t you tell Gibbs either,” Tony warned and Ziva held up both her hands in a ‘hands off’ gesture which was good enough for Tony.

“Of course not, Tony. I was just going to say that sometimes women describe contractions as pain in their backs,” Ziva explained.

“And severe menstrual cramps emanating from the lower and upper abdominal area,” Tim added, obviously reading a website.

“Menstrual cramps. How do those feel, Zee-vah?” Tony wondered staring at his teammate. Ziva looked at the expectant faces of both McGee and DiNozzo and she was speechless.

“Very…personal,” she said, sighing in relief when Gibbs rounded the corner.

“Let’s go: we got a body.”

“On it, boss!” Tony shot out of his seat immediately and grabbed his pack.

“Sit, DiNozzo!”

“Sitting, boss. I forgot,” Tony pouted as he watched McGee and Ziva wave goodbye on their dash to the elevator.

“This guy recently started working for the DOD. Shake the branches there and see what falls out. We’ll be back to run it down before you know it.”

“On it, boss. Hey boss?” Gibbs hadn’t moved. He looked expectantly at Tony, reminding himself not to touch the younger man. “Remember what we talked about- the cases?”

“Already handled it, DiNozzo. Just spoke to Vance. He wants to see you,” Gibbs said, looking up to where Director Leon Vance waited outside of his office.

“About what?”

“Ask him, DiNozzo,” Gibbs said, leaving the bullpen.

~

“Come in. Sit, DiNozzo,” Vance offered, gesturing to the seats in front of his desk.

“Oh, I’m fine director,” Tony said, being cautious. He always thought the director had it in for him ever since being promoted to Agent Afloat on the Ronald Reagan. Tony wasn’t about to get comfortable just to be insulted and he was a little self-conscious of the slight hesitation he required to stand up. Tony had a twitch of back pain and had to remind himself not to massage the painful spot.

“That looks like a stressed back. My wife’s back killed her with both kids.” Vance paused to allow Tony to change his mind then continued speaking. “Gibbs has informed me that my MCRT will be looking at cold cases for the next three months. He says you’re due in less than three weeks and he wants to be sure he’ll get home at a decent hour until he knows you’re alright.”

“I’m fine, Director. They’re my responsibility and I won’t require assistance to care of the-Ow!” Tony winced, grabbing the back of the chair with one hand and his back with the other. He froze then began moving slowly, rubbing his back. After a few seconds, he continued, “Don’t worry, Gibbs will be able to work.”

“I’m not worried, DiNozzo. I told Gibbs to take a vacation, but he refused; said he’d take more time if he needed it, but it was too soon to say.”

“Well,” Tony grimaced, holding his back, “once I get these things out, I’ll be back to business as usual, Director- despite Gibbs’ concerns about my parental skills. I may need some support through the actual labor and the first few days. After that, I’ll be fine.”

“Sit, DiNozzo.”

“At this point, I don’t think I’d be able to get up,” Tony gasped, only half joking.

“Maybe you should get yourself to Abby; I hear she has magic fingers.” Vance waited a few seconds as Tony turned toward the door, feeling dismissed. “DiNozzo, once you get those ‘things’ out of you, your life will never be the same. Gibbs knows that and he’s trying to help you at his own expense. You’re a single parent now, DiNozzo- you’ll need all the help you can get. Besides, if Gibbs has decided to help you, you night as well suck it up,” Leon laughed as he waved DiNozzo out the office.

“Roger that, Director,” Tony grimaced as he stiffly walked away, hoping Gibbs would be home early enough to knead the lump of pain in his back before he fell asleep.

“Congratulations,” Vance smiled, vowing to get the bottom of Gibbs and Tony’s agreement. He knew it wasn’t his business technically, but his gut was telling him something else. He needed to watch his team closely because, with Gibbs, things were never as they seemed.

~

“My god, Tony! What did you do?” Abby demanded as she firmly rubbed at Tony’s sore spots.

“Nothing! I was being interrogated by Vance and he starts telling me how Gibbs thinks I’ll be incompetent as a parent, so he’s planning on shutting the team down for a couple months.”

“What?”

“Yeah. Cold cases for three months and it’s all my fault!”

“No way, Tony. I happen to know that Gibbs thinks you’ll be a great father. He’s just excited about the babies; you know how much Gibbs loves kids.”

“I know Gibbs is good with kids. I don’t know that Gibbs loves anything anymore, least of all my burdens.” Tony made himself comfortable on Abby’s futon and closed his eyes. He felt exhausted and had totally forgotten about the research he was supposed to be doing on the DOD.

“Aww, Tony! You don’t think Gibbs loves you? C’mon! When has he ever gone through this much trouble for anyone? There’s not a single redhead he’s moved in- with the exception of his wives and he hates them.”

“So now I’m his fifth wife? We know how that’ll end. Really, Abs, you’re not making me feel better. Actually, my back is a little better and my feet are much less swollen now that I’m elevating… and your tea helped the nausea- but you’re making me feel like crying, so shut up! Shit-forgot about work.”

“It’s just hormones, Tony and you’re not a wife; you’re a housemate that won’t nag and get mad because of Gibbs’ work ethic and you’re going to fill his home with his favorite thing: kids! Trust me, he loves you… and don’t think I don’t know about what you two boys are doing on the side.” Abby winked, pulling up the DOD website while Tony looked on. “Lay back and rest, Tony. I got this.”

~

That night, Tony went home at 0600 and collapsed into bed. When Gibbs arrived four hours later, he found Tony dressed with only his shoes off. He undressed his bedmate, pulled back the comforter and tucked Tony in. When morning came, Gibbs woke Tony with the usual sex, but now he caressed and kissed his love awake. Tony was babbling constantly as Gibbs stealthily aroused him, forcing Tony to finish just as he became fully conscious, screaming obscenities that made Gibbs smile.

Tony panted as he caught his breath, loving the feel of Jethro plastered against his back, but hating the worrisome thought in the back of his head that he should be mad at the man for some reason. But Jethro was kissing his neck and sucking, and murmuring about baby furniture and how they really needed to focus on fixing the nursery. Tony couldn’t figure out why he’d been so mad at Gibbs in the first place. Gibbs jumped up to use the bathroom first, letting Tony rest a bit more. After only a few minutes, he was hustling his pregnant lover into the hot shower then into clothes and down to breakfast. “Let’s move, Tony!” Gibbs called from downstairs. The smell of bacon wafted through the house, reminding Tony of just what he had to be mad about. Gibbs had been taking care of him like he was incapable of doing anything for himself and it had to stop. Tony was not some damsel in distress and he’d make sure Gibbs damn well knew it.

Downstairs Gibbs was already on the phone with some local LEO as far as Tony could tell. He stomped into the room ready to tell Gibbs where to stick it, but Gibbs was in no mood. “Grab your breakfast to go, DiNozzo. We’re leaving.” Work. Tony knew work was important so he saved the argument for later, grabbing a bagel and some bacon as he followed Gibbs to the car. It wasn’t until the following night Tony remembered how upset he was.

“What the hell! You can’t go out of town on a case when I have two more weeks-“

“Three, Tony, stop being dramatic.”

“It’s Thursday, Gibbs. The week is practically over and you’re leaving tomorrow.”

“Tonight.” Gibbs clarified, grabbing his go bag and a heavier coat for the cold weather he was expecting in Ohio. He set his bags by the door and turned back to Tony who was following him around like a sad puppy, regardless of how angry the pregnant man sounded. “The quicker we get there, the quicker we can get finished, you know that.”

“I thought you talked to Vance,” Tony pouted, flopping down in the couch. He did his best to ignore Jethro standing at the door like a statue.

“Like I said-“

“I know. This is the last case before I go into labor. It’s okay. Just go.”

“Are you going to be alright, Tony?”

“Gibbs, I know you think I’ll be a shit-for-brains parent, but I really can handle being left at home alone for a few days. I’m not that helpless.” Tony groused with uncharacteristic venom.

“I don’t know where you’re getting your intel from, but you’re wrong.”

“I’m getting it from you! And Vance-“

"What did Vance say to you?” Gibbs demanded fiercely, stomping away from the door until he stood directly in front of Tony.

“He said you should take off to help me after you told him you were going to cut back on the cases when the babies are born. You won’t have to take care of me, Gibbs. I’ll be fine,” Tony said, grabbing his stomach and trying not to show how awful the pain shooting up his back felt. Gibbs knew his agent well enough to know that Tony was worried, even if the younger man was too proud to admit it. He knelt down in front of Tony with his hands on Tony’s knees.

“Hell, Tony, did you ever think maybe I wanted to help with the babies? They’re fun. And exhausting- you’ll be begging for help once you have two screaming kids that won’t let you sleep,” Gibbs chuckled, patting Tony’s knee and pushing himself up. “I know you’re scared, Tony-“

“I’m not scared.”

“Then you’re crazy. You’re doing something no other man has done and I know you feel alone, but you’re not. I’ll be back before you know it and Palmer, Ducky and Abby are all going to make sure you have a ride wherever you need to go until I get back. No driving. Is that clear?”

“Crystal, boss.” Tony slumped on the couch, closing his eyes in quiet house. Gibbs leaned over the back of the couch and kissed Tony’s brow.

“I’ll call every night,” Gibbs promised as he straightened up and walked to the door. “Don’t forget to lock up.”

“Send McGee! He can do it! Elflord can do anything. And you promised you wouldn’t leave before they came. You said Vance cleared it already.” Tony whined, making one last effort to keep Gibbs at home, regardless of the fact that he knew it was futile.

“I said no more after this case. How was I to know this case would send me away?”

“What am I supposed to do every morning?” Tony pleaded. The daily milking of his prostate had become so much more; it was one good thing he could count on every day. Tony doubted he’d be able to use the futuristic dildo himself anyway. The reach was awkward and Tony had become so sensitive that he lost control well before he was able to get himself off.

“It’ll just be a couple of days, Tony. You’ll be alright. You can jerk off every night and I’ll call you before you go to sleep. Trust me, Tony; everything will be on schedule, you’re still growing that birth canal and me not sticking a toy up your ass every morning is not going to stop those kids from coming.” Gibbs smiled, pecking Tony on the lips before walking to the door again.

“Hurry back,” Tony whispered with tears in his eyes, giving up the argument as he watched Gibbs put on his coat. “Not going in Friday, Boss,” Tony said, padding to the kitchen to find something to eat.

“That might be a good idea, Tony. If you change your mind, call Abby or Palmer to pick you up. No driving, Tony. Lock the door.”
And he was gone.

~

Tony felt like crying in the dark house alone. Gibbs had told him it was his house, but he didn’t feel like it was. Without Jethro, the craftsman architecture wasn’t beautiful; it was just depressing.

Thursday was a bad day that had quickly gotten much worse. He started the morning unable to find any clothes that fit. Tony ended up wearing khakis pushed under his growing bulge and one of Gibbs’ sweaters which was actually really nice. When he looked at Gibbs in surprise the older man chuckled, “You gave it to me, Tony. ’04, I think.” Coming in to the office, Tony’s back was already hurting and his feet felt like they were still swollen from the day before. He was glad that he couldn’t do fieldwork; his body couldn’t take the abuse of squatting and bending and running around right now, even if he’d never admit it. All that didn’t stop him from being a bit of a spoiled brat all day.

If his physical ailments weren’t enough, Tony was beginning to feel paranoid. When the team called to say they were on the way back, Tony, not wanting to seem like an invalid, took deli orders, being sure to hang up long before Gibbs could figure out he was making the run and order him to stand down. The walk wasn’t far since the shop was at the Navy Yard, but Tony started to feel a bit paranoid. It started when he spotted a black cargo van behind him. It was parked and seemed to be empty. In fact, there was nothing suspicious about it except that it had a raised roof and looked much nicer than your average van. It was black with tinted windows and Tony was sure he’d seen it before. He ignored it, returned to the bullpen with lunch and breathed a sigh of relief as he slumped into his seat and kicked his feet up on the foot rest that Brina and Palmer got for him the week before. Abby, who brought the drinks from the vending machine, danced up to Tony’s desk and deposited her contribution.

“Hey Tonyboy, feeling tired today? You look beat.”

“I’m fine. It’s just my feet are throbbing, my head hurts, I’m slightly nauseated and I feel like someone took a bat to my back.”

“Well look alive if you’re trying to portray the picture of health; here they come,” Abby said as Tony heard the ding of the elevator. He stood to greet the team, but half way there thought better of it and sat back down, trying not to jar his back too much. Ziva and McGee walk passed his desk to drop their bags before coming to get lunch from Tony.

“Smells good, Tony. Thank you,” Ziva smiled, giving him a little nod before going back to her desk.

“You forgot your water,” Tony said, throwing it like a missile at the Israeli officer who was more than ready to catch it were it not intercepted by Agent Gibbs. He placed it back on Tony’s desk as he picked up his own sandwich.

“You drink it. You need water more than we do.” Gibbs decided, sitting down at his desk with his ubiquitous coffee and his lunch. Tony stared at four bottles of water lined up on his desk with a pout. He wanted Pepsi.

“Not to worry, Gibbs. Tony’s been drinking plenty of water and I got him his own stash,” Abby said, pulling two bottles of water from her pockets and placing them on Tony’s desk. She handed water to the rest of the team, slipping Tony a few packets of flavoring to add to his water. Gibbs looked on sternly but Abby just met his glare with her own. “What? It’s sugar free, Gibbs. You can’t really expect him to drink plain water all day- Tony hates water.”

“I hate water,” Tony agreed, filling his bottle with powder before shaking it.

“You should be drinking water, Gibbs, instead of that gut-rot you swill all day,” Abby said, putting a bottle on his desk. He ignored the bottle until he finished his sandwich then got up and placed it on Tony’s desk.

“How was your lunch?” Tony asked, but Gibbs was already halfway to the elevator on his way to see Ducky.

~

When Gibbs closed and locked the door, it dawned on Tony that Abby was right; Gibbs went out of his way to make Tony feel comfortable and well taken care of. However, it was a testament to how haywire his hormones were at the moment that Tony could only focus on the negative things that happened that day. Not only did Tony’s back hurt, but his hipbones felt like they were being pulled apart and Tony was getting bigger every day. Jethro treated Tony well, but the gruff behavior during work hours often left Tony an emotional mess which was crazy, Tony knew, because Jethro was Gibbs at work and Tony was supposed to be DiNozzo. Tony was having a hard time separating the two and with two more weeks until his supposed due date, he was seriously considering taking an early leave. When Tony finally fell asleep hours later, he was surrounded by Palmer and Brina’s body pillow, wishing it were Jethro’s warm chest at his back instead of a lumpy comforter.

Every hour, Tony woke to a mysterious sound. The house would creak or the wind would blow and rattle branches against the deck. Tony stared into the darkness, not wanting to get out of bed. He was exhausted and the polished wood floors were cold. Tony had often complained about the cold floors since winter approached and the days got colder. Jethro hadn’t commented which was easy since the complaint was often lost in a litany of others grievances which Tony listed on the mornings he was in a particularly foul mood. But Jethro hadn't neglected to take care of Tony.

One morning, Tony got up at three after falling asleep after midnight, waiting for Gibbs to come home. Tony thought about how Gibbs always took care of him and hoped he would fall asleep dreaming of those happier times. He had been cranky after being jolted awake by a mean cramp in his bladder and the cold air that swept across his body as he rolled over and swung his legs quickly to the floor, to avoid any delay didn’t help matters. Tony felt something beneath his feet and wondered if he’d been stripping in his sleep again. 'Is that a sweatshirt?' he wondered as he grimaced and gingerly walked to the bathroom. Once there, he heaved a sigh of relief as he relaxed and rejoiced as every drop flowed into the bowl. The stream was powerful. Painful. It stuttered and continued as Tony leaned against the wall over the toilet and reveled in the warmth of the bathroom.

Tony loved Jethro’s beautiful spa bathroom and knew it proved that, despite Jethro’s tendency to buy his clothes Sears, he was not a cheap man when it came to things that mattered to him. He was, in fact, a lavish man. The bathroom was as big as the main room which was large even for a master bedroom. The wood floor was stained a gleaming, rich and light honey color with oversized, matching cabinets on either side of the long room and the walls were covered with large cream colored stone tiles of many different shades in a diamond pattern on top and a square rows on the bottom divided by a thick stripe of smaller rectangular tiles in between. On the other side of the room were the toilet room and another door surrounded by comfortable wooden seating. It was Tony’s favorite door; it led to the customized closet. It was a room that belonged in a million dollar mansion and Tony was proud to be one of the few who knew how Gibbs came to build the spartan yet elegantly appointed room. It was a Gibbs story he held close to his heart. Walking out the small room, Tony contemplated the shower knowing he was far too tired. He enjoyed the heated floors and the warmed stone before he was hit with cooler air of the bedroom. When he got to the bed, he realized Jethro had stretched a plush rug across the floor on Tony’s side of the bed. There was even a new pair of slippers lined with something soft and warm. Tony smiled in the darkness and snuggled up to Jethro who nuzzled the back of his neck. He pulled Tony against his chest, resting his warm hand flat against Tony’s sensitive breasts. Tony scooted back into Jethro wiggling his butt and Jethro chuckled and moaned.

“You make it, Tony?” Jethro asked with a sleep roughened whisper.

“Completely,” Tony murmured, grabbing the hand on his chest and kissing it.

“Good,” Jethro said, kissing Tony’s ear and falling back to sleep.

Now Tony lie awake alone, wondering what was scurrying across the roof and which one of his neighbors was returning home so late as he listened to an engine die down. He wanted to get out of bed and look out the window, maybe go downstairs and get a better look out front, but he was comfortable and these days, comfortable wasn’t such an easy thing. He told himself that he was being paranoid and eventually fell back to sleep only to wake up almost two hours later. Impulsively, he grabbed his cell phone and called Gibbs. After the first ring he felt guilty and was about to hang up when he heard Gibbs’ voice.

“Tony?”

“Jethro.”

“Can’t sleep?”

“Not really. Still working?

“Yep. Following the money.” Gibbs told Tony about the case for a few minutes before he received another call. “It’s McGee; we got a lead,” was all Tony heard before an abrupt click returned him to his lonely darkness.

Friday morning, Tony had fully intended to go to work, despite what he told Gibbs the night before. Yet, somehow, without Gibbs to encourage him and tell him he looked as good in denim and a sports coat as he did in an Armani suit, Tony didn’t make it out the bedroom. He only came down at 1130 when he heard Jethro barking at the door. Apparently he didn’t hear Abby’s knocks or yells over the noise of the TV. When he opened the door, Abby was bouncing up and down and smiling. She bounced right into his arms while Jethro barked a happy greeting from where he obediently sat behind her.

“Oh, Tony, you look horrible! Are you alright? Gibbs said nothing was wrong with you, but he wouldn’t explain why you weren’t coming to work, so I had to see for myself. Oh, and the nuns and I have a bowling tournament in West Virginia, so I can’t watch Jethro. I told Tim you’d keep him company until I got back and now you can still have Jethro protect you. Well, maybe not the Jethro, but a Jethro. Right, Tony?” Abby stared at Tony, demanding his understanding. Tony just eyed the German shepherd suspiciously. He never trusted the mutt and secretly thought McGee was either very sick or extremely brave for adopting an animal that attacked him (not to mention obviously in love with Abby who bullied him into doing it in the first place).

“Why not just take him to a kennel?”

“Because he would be sad, Tony! He wants to be around family and you are family!” Tony was pretty sure Abby was serious and when she narrowed her gaze, he realized there was no way out of this situation. I’ll be back tomorrow night to check on you and pick up Jethro, okay? Now, what have you eaten today? And don’t tell me you’ve been in bed all morning,” she said, walking into the kitchen to fix Tony’s lunch. Jethro padded in after her, lying down on the floor in front of the fire place like it was his favorite spot. Closing the door, Tony followed them in, smiling at the gibberish still spouting from Abby’s mouth.

After lunch, she gave him a pep talk and discussed the nursery and remodeling ideas. Deciding she should return to work, even though there was no real work to do, Abby finally left, taking Tony’s happy mood with her. As he watched her hearse roll away, he noticed the back of a deluxe cargo van rolling down the next block. Paranoid, he thought, slamming the door closed.

A couple hours later, after Tony took a walk before the local schools let out and gawking kids filled the suburban streets, Tony decided that he wasn’t paranoid and he didn’t believe in coincidences. He kept seeing the same 2011 cargo van. He didn’t care that the license plate was different each time he saw it- he knew it was the same van following him. But he knew how it would sound. Tony wondered where he could go where he wouldn’t put anyone in danger. It wasn’t like Ziva or Tim was around; at least he knew they could handle themselves. No, it would be better for him to stay put. Gibbs had plenty of guns and Tony rationalized that whoever was watching him probably didn’t want to hurt him if they hadn’t already. He sat at the kitchen table cleaning guns, wondering if he should tell Gibbs.

After hours of deliberation, Tony decided not to worry Gibbs. If it got bad, he would call Gibbs immediately, but Tony didn’t want to ruin their short time together. Tony had imagined calling Jethro just as he got out of the shower and coaxing the old marine into a little phone sex. He laughed until he cried thinking about Gibbs talking dirty. When he finally placed the call around 2300, he just wanted to hear Gibbs’ voice.

“Tony.”

“Jethro.” Tony didn’t even try to hide the smile in his voice.

“Everything go okay today?”

“Yeah. How’s the case? Almost closed?” Tony asked, hopefully. Gibbs didn’t want to tell Tony that they hadn’t found a single suspect connected with the case. He was determined to find one of his suspects before the day ended, but it was getting close.

“I won’t sleep until it is,” Gibbs said instead, which Tony knew he could actually do.

“Oh, God, no! Don’t do that, Gibbs. Get some rest and lay off the caffeine. I don’t want you coming back here a zombie. It sounds … busy. Where are you?”

“At a FedEx hub, waiting for the shift change to see if this guy shows up for work.”

“Oh. I was hoping you were at your hotel-“

“Gotta go, Tony. I see him,” Gibbs said, hanging up. Tony stared at the phone in his hand for a moment, feeling angry even though he knew work came first. He even wanted Gibbs to work; work meant Gibbs could come home soon. Still, Tony felt slighted and flopped into bed pulling the covers over his head, hoping he’d fall asleep quicker than the night before. He did. Two hours later when he woke up to the wind blowing through the house, he lie in the bed wondering if there was an intruder. Then he heard a soft snoring and looked down at the side of the bed to see Jethro soundly sleeping on the floor. He wondered when the dog came in, grudgingly admitting to himself that he felt better with the shepherd around. He quickly fell back asleep and, though he woke up several more times, Tony wasn’t nearly as afraid.

At five a.m. Jethro demanded Tony wake up by licking his hand which was hanging over the side of the bed. Tony jumped up cursing and ran to the bathroom. After handling his business, he walked back out and pointed at Jethro. “You next.” Jethro barked his agreement and followed Tony downstairs where Tony opened the door of the deck and Jethro ran to the back yard. “Enjoy,” Tony said, deciding the dog could stay out there for a while. He turned to trek back upstairs to bed, but decided the couch looked inviting.

~

The lean black man smiled at Tony from where he stood on the porch, blabbering about something really technical that Tony didn’t understand. “What?” Tony said, still half asleep. He wasn’t so dazed that he forgot to put one of the .38s in the waist of his pajamas which were thankfully tight enough to support the gun.

“Look, man. I’m gon’ be honest with you: we had a power surge about an hour ago that fucked up a bunch of residential communities, man. We’re just out here being proactive out here- making sure the brown out hasn’t spread to other areas.”

“O-kaaay,” Tony eyed the man suspiciously, but couldn’t find anything wrong with his uniform. “ID.”

“Yes sir, glad you asked,” the man beamed, seeming especially proud to show his work ID.

“Now let me see your driver’s license.”

“I’d love to, but I don’t carry it when I’m working if I’m not the driver. My partner is working the other side of the street,” he explained, turning around and waving at a blonde lady standing in front of the Havershim’s door, three houses down.

“Well, tell her they’re not there in the middle of the day,” Tony said, deciding the man must be okay.

“So…”

“So?” Tony wondered why the guy was still standing there.

“So, I need you to bring your dog in, sir. Just for ten minutes. I’ll let you know when I’m done in the back.”

“Oh. Jethro, right. He’s not so bad actually- great watch dog.” Tony pointed to the side of the house and closed the door. He walked to the deck and opened the back door so that Jethro came running in, wagging his tail in excitement about the visitor. Tony left the dog inside and walked to the side gate to let the utility worker in. “Ring the bell when you leave,” he instructed, closing the door to the house and locking everything.

~

“I told you, always carry the ID! See, y’all think it’s simple to make all these costumes and uniforms, but the real key is being committed. Now, if I hadn’t shown that guy my Pepco identification, he would have shot me with the .38 stuck in his pants.”

“Hardison, we totally appreciate the costumes. Did you take the pictures?” Parker asked scrunching her nose up at the jumpsuit she was throwing over her shoulders. She cranked up the borrowed Pepco truck and pulled off from the curb, wondering why they were taking pictures of someone’s home.

“After Cujo went inside,” he groused.

“What are we doing here?”

“I told you, Parker; Eliot would’ve wanted us to do this. This was a good friend of his and I know he’s secretive about his personal life, but he told me this was important.”

“So the fat guy is what, his brother?”

“Hardly. And I doubt he’s fat, Parker. I think he’s pregnant. Look, I know what you’re thinking, but this isn’t a joke. Eliot was talking about taking care of his kids and giving them a good home the last time I spoke to him. He made me promise. Now, I can find his money and set up trust funds, but I know he’d want me to make sure they’re comfortable.”

“Well, the pregnant guy has a house, so they have shelter. And he has a decent job, so what more do we have to do?”

“Wait until you see the inside of the house. Sophie’ll love this job.” Hardison said, sending the images to their grifter.
A Friend in Need by joblo
Author's Notes:
When Gibbs lets Tony down, who can Tony turn to?
~

Tony was fuming. He understood Gibbs hanging up on him in the middle of the night when there was work to do, but this was outrageous. Tony consciously refrained from calling during the day, but figured the team had to eat meals at some point. When he called in the morning he got a brusk, “Morning, Tony- walking into a meeting,” and a click. That was okay; at least Gibbs said ‘morning’. At lunch time Gibbs wouldn’t even answer the phone, so Tony texted him, which, Tony later realized was kind of silly. He hoped Gibbs had read the text, even though he knew the old marine would never respond to MISS YOU. CLOSE THE CASE. CALL ME SOON. By that evening, he just wanted to hear Gibbs’ voice which was why he was so angry when he answered the call.

“Gibbs! I thought you’d never call! What’s been going on? When are you coming back?” Tony would’ve kept babbling except he heard someone clear their throat. Someone that wasn’t Gibbs.

“McG-man! What’re ya doin on Gibbs phone?” He demanded.

“W-well, Gibbs told me to call you because-“

“Because he’s a bastard!”

“And, he wants you to do some research at the DOD,” McGee explained and told Tony what to do to hack into the right database. “You can always call Abby; I’m sure she wouldn’t mind helping you or even doing it for you,” McGee whispered.

“Why are you whispering, McGee? He’s right there, isn’t he?”

“Ah…” McGee stalled, looking at the back of Gibbs’ head and a bit of his profile. He could see his boss smile knowingly. Hell, he thought, Gibbs can probably hear Tony as loud as he’s yelling.

“Tell him the truth, McGee,” Gibbs said, from the driver’s seat of their government issued Impala.

“He’s driving, Tony.”

“Well put him on the freaking phone! Was that just him? I heard that, Gibbs!”

“You know how Gibbs drives. I’d much rather live.”

“I know Gibbs can talk on the phone and drive, so why’d he make you call?” By now Tim had put Tony on speaker phone because he was unwilling to hang up, but had no idea what to say to his irate friend. He gave Gibbs a look in the rearview that clearly said this was not his mess. McGee held the phone toward the driver’s seat patiently.

“Because Ziva refused to call you. At least she had backbone,” Gibbs half muttered, stealing a glance at McGee before dangerously swerving and running a red light.

“Got enough backbone not to fight with your boyfriend for you,” McGee said clearly, staring at Gibbs so that he was looking the older man in the eyes when he whipped his head around in disbelief.

“Touche, you bastard!” Tony yelled and, for once, hung up on Gibbs.

A honking horn stole Gibbs attention as he narrowly switched lanes to avoid a collision. It was bound to happen sooner or later, he figured, wondering how long it would take his team to realize that he was doing more than helping Tony through a difficult time. Tim looked surprisingly unapologetic which made Gibbs smile to himself. Obviously their youngest team member didn’t like the way he was treating Tony. Ziva, on the other hand, was sitting next to him muttering curses in her native tongue and sounding like she wanted to spit on him or beat him. Or both. Gibbs wasn’t sure. All he knew is he that felt helpless when he spoke to Tony and listened to him complain. He couldn’t help him from a thousand miles away and he hated that. He needed to close the case so he could get home to Tony and get everyone off his back.

That night, they worked late, as usual. Gibbs worked until there was no more work to be done. He didn’t eat dinner, even when Ziva insisted and cursed him in three different languages. He was sick to his stomach with grief over how upset he knew Tony had to be. He told his team he wasn’t hungry. After he sent them to bed, he took a shower, then stared at his phone for over an hour. Sometimes he picked it up. Once he even dialed home, but he hung up before it rang. He was amazed at the lump in his throat when he thought about Tony. Imagining the man he loved hurt and upset made his chest ache and his eyes burn and that made Gibbs angry. He didn’t trust himself to call Tony, fearing he might embarrass himself. No, he thought, better to wait until I get home and show him how much I’ve missed him.

Gibbs didn’t call back. Not that night, not the next morning, and not that afternoon, when Tony was so angry, he’d packed a bag and was about to head out the door to his apartment. He swung the door wide open only to realize that Gibbs had taken his car keys.

“Fucking bastard!” Tony swore, not paying attention to the smartly dressed brunette beaming at him from the welcome mat.

~

“Congratulations, Mr. Gibbs! You’ve just won the Better Homes and Gardens home remodeling grand prize!” The richly dressed lady bubbled excitedly in a southern accent. Behind her stood a camera tech, but all Tony could see of her was her long, skinny legs, smart sweater vest and bobbing ponytail.

“What? What are you talking about?”

“Give us a weekend and we’ll remodel your home! We’re talking new interior paint, new appliances, new furniture- we might even knock out walls!”

“This is not my home, so you’ll have to come back. Is there a number where we can reach you?” Tony asked, wanting to close the door. He peered suspiciously at the dark haired, glamorous looking woman and onto the street. There was a truck and several men milling around. It looks authentic enough, Tony thought.

“Well, of course, Mr. Gibbs, but this is a limited time offer. We have to start this today or move on to the next runner up,” she explained, going on about all the perks of remodeling. Somehow, Tony wasn’t sure exactly how, the lady worked her way into the house and started talking about how great the house would look with new paint and furniture. It wasn’t like Tony hadn’t been saying this all along. In fact, the house was downright depressing and Gibbs always said he could do what he wanted to the house. Gibbs always said it was his home too. Tony didn’t know if he believed that, but he figured he might as well let the lady do her worst. And if Gibbs came back pissed off, well, Tony figured that would be just fine too.

“On second thought, we could use a little sprucing up around here- what did you say your name was?”

“Fannie Richleaux, Mr. Gibbs-“

“I’m not Gibbs. Don’t you need his approval for something like this?”

“He approved when he filled out the contest form,” she said, babbling on about what colors Tony wanted and which kind of furniture best suited him. Tony looked at the furniture and picked out a few things so that the decorator knew his tastes then told her about childproofing the home and adding a nursery. He made sure to ask for credentials until he felt the lady was who she said she was. Tony was adamant about not touching the hand crafted things and items he knew were special to Gibbs. Once he covered everything, he was getting excited about the soon to be new home.

“And the basement is completely off limits!” Tony exclaimed so that Mrs. Richeleaux just nodded her head forcefully.-

“We’ll get started right away if that’s okay with you, Mr. DiNozzo. Do you have somewhere to stay for the next few days?

“Yeah,” he said, but had no idea where he might go. Tony thought about returning to his apartment, but found the lonely rooms too depressing. He scratched that idea and thought about people he could visit for a while. Ducky was an obvious choice and Abby wouldn’t let him down, but she didn’t have a regular bed and he refused to sleep in a coffin- no matter how well cushioned it was. In the end, he nixed both ideas as he packed because both people would be easily accessible by Gibbs. Tony wanted to leave and be completely gone so that maybe Gibbs would feel worried. If Gibbs didn’t want to call him, he’d make sure that he’d be nowhere for Gibbs to find.

~

"You were flirting with her, Derek. Shamelessly, I might add- and she wasn’t even interested!” Spenser groused, stomping into the condo and throwing his briefcase on the couch.

“Spense, I was doing my job. Didn’t she file those reports for me?” Derek laughed as he locked the door, refusing to let his lover’s foul mood deter him. He made quick work of stripping out of his suit and into jeans before rummaging through the kitchen for dinner. Reid was drinking a beer, sifting through Morgan’s book collection as if he hadn’t done it dozens of times before and muttering angrily to himself. “Come in here and talk to me,” Derek called from the kitchen. “Beer?” Derek asks, not hiding his disapproval. Reid didn’t say anything. He gave the bottle a sarcastic look of surprise and leaned against the countertop to watch Derek chop vegetables.

“You didn’t stop.”

“What?” Derek laughed, mostly because he didn’t even have to play at being confused.

“And you think it’s funny.” Spenser took another swig and seethed. Derek just looked at him in wonder.

“Really, baby. I got nothing, here; I don’t know how your mind works so you’re gonna have to help me out with this one,” he sighed but smiled, used to Spenser’s eccentricities.

“You didn’t have to keep flirting with Mandy in legal. She had already agreed to help you. You flirt because you like it, Derek. You like to do it in front of me- in-in fact, I think,” Reid began to ramble. “I think you think it makes you look cool and desirable, but it makes me feel like crap. Like you’re flaunting the fact that you can have anyone you want. It’s like you’re constantly reminding me you’re settling.” Derek immediately stopped what he was doing.

“No.” He said, wiping his hands clean and reaching out to Spenser who just looked at him suspiciously, arms folded across his chest. “We’re not doing that tonight,” Derek reassured him.

“Doing what?”

“We’re not starting fights and getting upset. You want to say something to throw me off so we can argue and go to bed angry. You make up these scenarios to prove that I want someone else when I only want you. Yes,” Derek gently took the bottle from his lover’s hand, “I’m a flirt. You’ve known this since the day you first met me; I flirt with everyone. But I come home with you. You’re mine and the sooner you remember that and get over this six week dry spell, the sooner you’ll gain those ten pounds back and stop acting like a brat.”

“I’m not a brat!”

“No. You’re just acting like you’re one because you think I’ve been less than faithful. This all started when I went to see Tony.” Derek stood behind Spenser, enfolding him in his arms. He whispered in his ear, trying to ignore the boney ribcage he could feel through Spenser’s sweater vest and shirt. Spenser mumbled something. “What, baby-boy?”

“’S not true.”

“You’ve been bitchy ever since I spent that weekend with Tony over five months ago. I know the last few weeks have been hard, but you shouldn’t be cranky just because you haven’t had any action,” Derek joked, kissing Spencer’s neck and undressing him. He got as far as the sweater vest and most of the shirt buttons before Reid protested.

“Just because I haven’t been with you doesn’t mean I haven’t had any action.” And that one comment stopped Morgan in his tracks.

“Who have you been with?” He asked seriously, pulling away but taking his lover’s hand and leading him to the master bedroom. Spenser didn’t answer and looked embarrassed when Derek looked into his eyes, struggling not to be hurt by this admission of infidelity. Spenser caved.

“A while ago, Garcia gave me a gift. Discreetly. She said I should think of it as a gag gift if it made me feel better, but that’s not what it was at all.” Morgan felt relieved as Reid looked at him sideways, hoping Morgan somehow knew what he was trying to say. “It was a vibrator. She said I’d feel better if I jerked off and maybe that would convince me.” Derek just smiled, picturing Penelope sliding Reid the non-descript bag. It was Garcia who told Derek how much he needed to reconnect with Spenser. Everyone was worried about him and, because she knew about Tony, she put the puzzle together as quickly as Derek had.

“It’s okay. You need me to remind you how much I need you… want you… how sexy you are. It’s my fault; I should’ve handled this much earlier instead of giving you space but we’ve been so busy all summer and fall. I knew when we had to shower at Quantico last week that this had gone too far. You’ve lost so much weight, baby, and it’s all because you’re stressed out about what you think I’m doing.”

“Spare me. I don’t ‘think’; I know you call Tony all the time.”

“I do. And with good reason; Tony has-“

“Health issues. I know, but it doesn’t make it sound like less of a lie just because you use that solemn voice and the puppy dog eyes. I’m not stupid, Morgan!”

“Stupid is the last thing you are. You’re jealous,” Derek said. “I’ll tell you about Tony later. Now, I’m going to remind you of how well I take care of you.” He backed Reid against the wall and started kissing him with slow, soft kisses, ignoring the hands pushing at his chest feebly.

“Stop, Derek. Sex doesn’t fix everything,” Spenser whined perfunctorily, but Derek knew he was just being difficult. He had never met a more stubborn brat than the genius doctor and his only defense was to humor Spenser and agree with whatever he said. After all, he was always right.

“I know, baby, but it will help to fix our problem. C’mon” he coaxed between kisses, “let me love you. Let make you scream and then hold you all night and remind you how much I adore you,” Derek became more aggressive, entwining his hands with the Spenser’s and forcing them against the wall as he tongued open the reluctant lips. All too soon, Spenser gave in, tangling his tongue with Derek’s then jerking his head to the side in frustration when he realized what he was doing. Derek just gave a sexy laugh and continued to kiss and lick and suck his neck then collarbone until he felt no more real resistance from his angry lover. He put one leg between Spenser’s, pulling the smaller man close and massaging his butt so Spenser’s hard dick rubbed mercilessly against Morgan’s thigh. Spenser almost lifted one leg to Morgan’s waist, but he was embarrassed at how eager it made him look after all his protesting. His next thought was to take off his pants immediately and pull himself out; he wanted to come. Now, his voice screamed in his head, but that was even more desperate then straddling Derek’s waist. In the end, Spenser settled for rubbing himself as hard and as fast as he could on Derek’s muscled, denim thigh. Spenser just wanted to get off and the sooner he did that, the quicker he could get to the bottom of this Tony situation. When Spenser started his quick paced hump, Derek knew what was coming next. He threw Spenser on the bed. “Not so fast. Let’s slow this down,” he ordered, watching his lover squirm in frustration on the bed. Reid rubbed himself through his khakis, ignoring Derek’s command so that Derek made quick work of tying his wrists to the bedpost and pulling of his pants. Once Spenser was naked except for his t shirt, Derek stood next to him and smiled. “This is what you’ve needed all along, isn’t it, baby boy?” Spenser didn’t answer. He just lay there, trying to control his breathing and not think about his hard dick bobbing against his thigh. He did his best to ignore Derek, even when he felt the warm body against his side and the insistent hand gripping him tightly. Derek’s strokes were slow and deliberate and frustrating, mostly because he would only stroke upwards. It wasn’t enough, even when the head of his dick was gently pinched and twisted in Derek’s fist.

“Don’t play with me,” Spenser barked, but it came out as a whine.

“But that’s my favorite thing.” Derek scooted down the bed and Spenser, whose eyes were screwed shut, did his best to hold back a moan of anticipation. He lost the battle when he felt soft lips at the crease between his thigh and his most tender parts. Derek nipped and sucked everywhere and while his mouth worked every place except the one begging for attention, his hands pinched and prodded Spenser’s nipples and gentled caressed behind his knees. After only a few minutes, Spenser was moaning his frustration loudly, no longer caring how wantonly he pumped his hips. When he felt Derek’s warm breath ghost over his trembling hardness, the words flooded from his mouth like water from a busted hydrant.

“Touchmeplease. Please, Derek- I can’t wait. Ihavetocome. Pleaseletme. Please. Please. Please.” Spenser repeated the word like a mindless mantra until he choked on them as he felt the head of his cock enveloped in hot and soft wetness.

Then the buzzer rang.

Obnoxiously, like someone was leaning on the damn thing. Spenser ignored it and Derek planned to do the same but when he heard an annoying melody buzzing through his condo, he knew who it was. He was surprised when the song stopped since he’d already planned to answer. He reached the nightstand to play music and ended up with Closer, figuring NIN would do the trick. He was glad when he heard the knock at the door. “Don’t leave, don’t stop,” Reid demanded, sounding near tears. Derek kissed him and gave him a few hard strokes.

“Let me handle this, baby. You be good and I’ll have a reward for you when I get back,” he promised, turning up the music and leaving Spenser panting with excitement. Wearing nothing but a pair of low riding jeans and a t shirt, Derek answered the door to find exactly who he suspected; the worst possible visitor.

~

“Tonyboy!” Derek greeted him with a surprised but happy hug. He knew from the buzzing song who it had to be, but he was unprepared to find his friend with a full, round belly, one hand resting on the door frame and the other rubbing his back.

“I hate your stairs!” Tony grimaced, shoving past Derek pulling a rolling suitcase behind him.

“What’s wrong, Tony? What did Gibbs do now?” He closed the door and went to get Tony a glass of water.

“”He’s being…Gibbs, I guess. Look, I just can’t stay there right now. I mean, he’s out of town on a case, but I don’t want to be there at his beck and call, you know?”

“Feeling a little lonely?” Derek smiled, rubbing Tony’s belly comfortingly. “Look baby boy, you’re tired- excited, I can tell, even underneath all that anger, but you’re beat. I want you to take a nap in the guestroom and once I get finished having some Spenser time, we’ll all eat dinner, okay?” Dinner sounded great, but the nap sounded even better. Tony took in Morgan’s barefooted, relaxed look and knew he’d interrupted something. He’d heard about Spenser’s jealousy, even though Derek liked to deny it and act like everything was alright. Still, Tony knew enough not to call too often and to never drop by unannounced. That he did now was proof of how out of sorts he truly was.

“Hey, I didn’t know you two were… doing your thing. I’ll come back "“

“You’ll go in there and take a nap. Don’t disturb us for at least an hour,” Derek warned, but he could tell that wouldn’t be a problem from the way Tony was yawning as he waddled into the bedroom and plopped down on the bed. Derek set out towels and put water, tissue and the remote by the bed, well within reach before leaving Tony who was already softly snoring.

~

Derek returned a few minutes later and immediately began to stroke Spenser where he wanted it most. Derek kissed and used his hand while Spenser undulated his hips in a steady rhythm moaning out, “Who was it?”

“I took care of it. Now I’m taking care of you,” Morgan promised, plunging a well lubed finger as deep as he could into Spenser so that the skinny man gasped and snapped his hips in surprise at the sensation. Spenser moaned in appreciation, forgetting about the door and focusing on the way Derek made his body tingle with pleasure. Spenser Reid received his reward after over an hour of begging for it and it wiped him out. Morgan stroked and teased his love until Spenser was writhing in passion one moment and tense with the need to come the next. When he did, it shook from him each breath of consciousness, dropping him into a peaceful slumber that made Derek smile. He cuddled up with the debauched young man, caressing the silent limbs until his curiosity was piqued. Morgan got up and made his way to the kitchen, getting back to fixing dinner and wondering which one of his boys would wake up first.

An hour later Morgan was sitting BLT in front of Tony whose eyes were lit with excitement. “Oh my God, D! I’m starving. Soup? Yes, please!” Tony gushed as Derek continued to serve him the quick, delicious meal. Morgan smiled at Tony, gauging when would be best to start asking him questions. He listened and laughed as Tony rambled on about his back hurting and his feet throbbing and Gibbs benching him until Morgan figured there was no time like the present.

“So why are you hiding out, Tonyboy? You mad at boss man for making you sit this one out?”

“No! Well, …yes, but I can’t even fly with the team and I was getting to be more of a liability in the field than an asset. I should’ve benched myself a few weeks ago,” Tony admitted to his friend.

“Then what has you so upset?”

“He says all these things; his home is our home, kids deserve two parents, and he was always really jealous of Eliot except this last time when they seemed to call a truce. Later, he told me Eliot made him promise to take care of me.” Tony paused here, as if everything should be clear. Derek was careful not to rush his friend, but cleared his throat after a minute or two to remind Tony he was still waiting. “For a guy who doesn’t talk much, Supervisory Special Agent Leroy Jethro Gibbs talks a good game. He just refuses to back it up.”

“Is he treating you bad? What did he do?” Derek demanded, wondering if he was going to have to make good on his threat to fuck Gibbs up.

“It’s more like what he didn’t do. I know it sounds sappy, but trust me; it’s more than that. He refuses to call me or have contact with me while he’s away. At first he called, then everyone just keeps telling me he’s working or he asked them to call. He knows how important it is to me and he’s left me totally alone.” Tony whined, knowing what he sounded like, but also trusting his friend to support him.

“I know you’re angry, but you’ll feel better if you just stay with us until Gibbs get back. When he does, I’ll take you home and you can clear this whole thing up. Tony,” Derek said, waiting until his friend was looking at him, “I know people; I know Gibbs says what he means. If he’s made you promises, the man means to keep them. I think you know that.”

“Yeah, D. It’s just that everything seems uncertain right now. Do you know I’m supposed to deliver in less than two weeks? We haven’t gotten anything for the baby yet. He keeps talking about the nursery, but we’re always working on the job.”

“With all that boat building you’d think he’d be all over a nursery,” Morgan admitted.

“Exactly. He just keeps on saying, ‘Do whatever you want,’ like he doesn’t really care. Well, we’ll see how he likes his remodeled home. Got folks over there right now doing all the dirty work.”

“No wonder you need a place to stay. That must have cost a fortune. You dipping in the trust fund, baby boy?”

“I don’t have a trust fund, but you weren’t talking to me, were you?” Spenser asked, obviously annoyed with their visitor. “Special Agent DiNozzo. What a surprise. I had no idea you had a guest- other than me, of course.”

“You’re no guest,” Morgan murmured, coming up behind Spenser and wrapping his arms around the lanky man. He walked Spenser to the table and sat him in a chair across from Tony, who smiled winningly. “You belong here. There’s salad, pot roast, Tony had a BLT,” Morgan was being a little too nice so Reid ignored him.

“Whatever, Derek. So, he invited you to stay for dinner? What have you been doing this whole time?”

“I was pretty tired when I first got here. D, I mean, Derek let me crash and insisted I eat something. He’s always trying to feed me,” Tony complained good naturedly.

“He does that. It comes from being raised by women. What’s wrong, Agent DiNozzo?”

“What do you mean?” Tony sputtered, not wanting to bare his soul to someone who was practically a stranger, but feeling it was almost inevitable.

“I mean, for months, Derek has been telling me there’s nothing going on between you two and you have some kind of condition he’s concerned about. The problem is I don’t buy it. I’ve known Morgan for years and never heard of you until now. Some long lost friend who suddenly tries to stick around is probably after more than just moral support.”

“Spenser, look, this is my fault. I should’ve told you Tony was here, but you’ve got the wrong idea-“

“It’s okay, Derek. I’ll come clean.” Tony sighed and explained the situation as quickly as possible. “I’m a bit of a freak of nature because I can get pregnant but the family has always kept this hush-hush, if you know what I mean. Every few years, I have a season of fertility when I am… less than discriminate about my partners. To be honest, I’d have gotten knocked up long ago if it weren’t for a few friends good enough to make sure I don’t get out of control. Derek has always had my six, even when it causes him trouble,” Tony ended, smiling apologetically at both men. Derek winked, making his way into the kitchen while Spenser resumed his interrogation.

“So this is a genetic mutation?”

“Well, I guess-“

“Who’s your doctor and why hasn’t this been all over the news? This is revolutionary!” Reid exclaimed, inching closer to where DiNozzo was sitting and slurping his soup suspiciously. Reid badgered Tony until the older man could hardly stand it anymore. “So how does Morgan help you not get knocked up?” Reid demanded out of nowhere.

“Whaddya mean?” Tony muttered, more than a little tired of Spenser’s insistence.

“What, exactly, does that entail? He makes sure you don’t have sex during those periods?” Spenser noticed the mortification on Tony’s face. “No. That would’ve been like torture. My next guess would be that he monitors your sex partners to make sure condoms are used, but that would just be wishful thinking. SSA Derek Morgan knows that if you want the job done right you’ve got to do it yourself,” Reid admitted more to himself than to Tony. Tony, on the other hand, totally understood Reid’s frustration. If he’d found out Gibbs was ‘helping’ a friend by fucking said friend, Tony didn’t know what he might be capable of.

“Look, I know the last person you want to hear this from is me, but… Derek!” Tony called, wondering why the golden god had left them alone so long. “Derek would tell you- you mean the world to him. You-“

“You’re the most important thing in the world to me, Spenser Reid. You and the job; that’s all I got so don’t be thinking about messing with either one.”

“You should have told me you were spending the weekend fucking your friend through his fertility cycle, Morgan. I deserve the truth,” Reid stood from the table, his gait agitated as he made his way into the kitchen. He busied himself with getting a glass for water and was startled when a warm body forced him against the countertop.

“You walked away while we were talking; that wasn’t nice,” Derek said, removing Spenser’s hand from the cabinet and spreading it against the flat surface. Spenser took a deep, calming breath and shuddered at the feel of Derek’s long hardness nestled against the crack of his ass. Spenser, who was more than willing to have sex anywhere in Morgan’s condo was apprehensive about having sex with someone else in the room. When Derek squeezed Spenser’s cock through his threadbare jeans, Spenser spoke up even though part of him didn’t want to.

“What about t-Tony? He could walk in here a-any second,” Reid whispered.

“First of all, we’d hear him waddling. Second; he’s in the bathroom reading GSM and waiting an appropriate amount of time before he can say his pregnant ass is tired and he needs to go to bed. You ran him off. Now, just take your punishment quietly, like a good boy,” Morgan teased, knowing Spenser was uncomfortable but excited at the same time. He opened Spencer’s pants and freed the growing length as the now baggy jeans fell to the floor. “You’ve got to put on some weight,” Derek chuckled, fingering the puckered hole his lover thrust against his hand. Spenser moaned wanton and deep, leaning over the counter and begging for what he knew was coming. When it came, it was a smooth, burning stroke that made Spenser babble with approval and slap the countertop in frustration when Derek shooed his hand away from his own dick. Spenser knew there was no way around it but to relax into the quick reaming Derek doled out and enjoy it. He slammed into Morgan faster and faster until two strong hands squeezed his hips bones and his ass was plastered to Derek who vibrated and roared with his release. There was another minute of languid milking and then just the wet stroking against Reid’s prostate as the well fucked man spluttered in consternation that he wasn’t finished, as if Morgan didn’t know. Spenser’s moue of disappointment became a groan of acquiescence when Derek smacked his ass and ordered him to the bedroom. “On your back. And no touching,” Derek commanded, watching Spenser step out of his pants and walk away then stalking off in the opposite direction.

When Derek reached the guestroom, he saw Tony with his feet kicked up on the bed, flipping through GSM. “Just as I thought, DiNozzo.”

“Hey, D… I think I’m gonna find someplace else to crash. Clearly your boy is not going to stop harassing me and you feel too guilty to step in, so…”

“I feel too guilty? How is this my fault? Reid can be high strung at times, but you just got to let him get it out of his system. He’ll be much better behaved next time you see him,” Morgan dismissed Tony’s criticism.

“High strung? More like high maintenance. Aren’t you the top in this situation? Why not just tell the guy to relax? You feel like you have to let him attack me so he’ll feel better, don’t you?” Something in Tony’s voice made Morgan take notice. He sat next to his friend on the bed and ran fingers through his hair, knowing how it comforted Tony.

“I didn’t realize you were feeling cornered. I should’ve known you’d feel more vulnerable than usual. I’m sorry Tony. The pre-pregnancy DiNozzo would’ve laughed Reid out of there. I guess I wasn’t thinking, man.”

“S’okay. It was funny. It just got really annoying after the first five minutes.”

“Maybe I was covering my ass since I know you need someone to help you with that pesky birth canal issue,” Derek hinted, hoping he wouldn’t have to demand the device he’d heard so much about.

“Oh. No, I wasn’t expecting you to help with that, Derek. Gibbs will be back any day now.”

“You don’t know that. You’ve already missed a couple days and you said yourself you’ll be a dad in less than two weeks. I say we need to make up for lost time. I just wanted to ask… would you mind Reid watching?”

“What?”

“I think it’ll go over better if he’s involved in some way- if he can see that’s it’s different from what I do with him.”

“Not that different, I hope for his sake,” Tony leered.

“It’ll be different this time, Tony. I won’t be cold, but it will be all business.”

“Such a tempting proposition; being anally probed in front of a critic. It’s not that he’d be watching- it’s that he’s so damn analytical!”

“I thought you’d be the last person to turn down a threesome. I know he may not be your type, but he’s cute.” Morgan joked, wondering if he should apologize and put it behind them.

“It wouldn’t be a threesome- it would be someone who hates me watching me get fucked with an exotic toy, Derek. No.”

“Ok. But what if it wasn’t like that? I hear you, Tony, loud and clear. But you need this and I need to keep Reid happy and I think this will work if you just give it a try. He’d do more than watch if you let him and I think you’ll see him differently,” Morgan said all this while whispering in Tony’s ear and cuddling into him, giving the pregnant man warmth and caresses, ending with a promising kiss along the line of Tony’s jaw. Tony shrugged his acceptance, hoping he wouldn’t regret the whole affair. “Wait here. And take off some clothes or something,” Derek ordered before disappearing.

When he returned a few minutes later, Spenser was flushed with excitement and wearing only a robe. He was guided in by a gentle tug of his hand from Derek who spoke very casually. “You wanted to see what I do for Tony? I want to show you.”

“You’re not going to fuck him?”

“Right now he needs something else much more,” Derek explained, pointing to the wired looking dildo.

“I’m not the only one who uses toys. Is this a scene?” He walked with Derek to the bed and sat comfortable at the foot. “Because I want to give the commands. Show me his stomach, Derek. Rub it while you give him a hand-job. I think I’ve found a new kink,” Spenser smiled excitedly.

“Male pregnancy or directing your own porno?” Derek smiled, stroking Tony’s legs in search of that chemical reaction in Tony that would give him the green light.

“You can watch, or you can help, Spenser. Your choice.” Derek said, looking a Tony for his approval. Tony just smiled, remaining silent but giving Reid a look that said he liked what he saw. Reid was obviously eager and ready to take part in … something.

“I-I’ll help if you promise to take care of me too. I see the temptation actually. Blond hair, green eyes; he’s like a buffer but dumber me. I can see how both those things might be occasionally appealing,” Spenser joked, sitting on the other side of the bed. Tony only knew to laugh when he saw Derek relax and pick up the lube and even then he didn’t think it was actually a joke. He went about gently preparing Tony, asking him how long it’d been and how tender the wrinkled bruise felt. Tony’s breath hitched when Morgan dipped his head low to blow on it and he laughed while Tony clenched his eyes shut.

“Oh, this should be fun,” Morgan said. “What do you want, baby?” Morgan asked, thinking this would be easier than he thought.

“Talk to me. Tell me what you’re doing. Make him tell me how he feels.” Morgan smiled at Reid’s demand. He wanted to see Morgan dominate Tony. That would work just fine.

“I’m a little sketchy on the biology, but his prostate drops down and becomes the birth canal. It becomes really thin opens up until the baby is born and it can recede. Regular milking helps the process but Tony has missed a few sessions.” Derek motioned between Tony’s legs as he continued his brief explanation, knowing that his lover was eager for any information. “Still, this bruise between his sac and his asshole shows his prostate has dropped. This dildo will help the process along,” he explained, removing his fingers and shoving the odd contraption in slowly at the perfect angle. Tony arched hi back and gasped.

“How does it fell, Anthony?” Dr. Reid asked with a curious, academic tone.

“Hurts a little, but…good.” Tony said the last between gritted teeth to keep from shouting when the oddly shaped object hit its target. “That’s it, right there! Derek, don’t moooo… yeah,” Tony sighed in relief when Derek stopped pulling the dildo out and pressed it hard against Tony’s most sensitive spot. When Derek rocked it, Tony’s hips snapped convulsively as he gave broken sobs.

“Wow! That’s amazing!” Spenser gaped in awe at Tony’s passionate response. And then, remembering his self-appointed role, “You’re beautiful, Anthony,” he added in a more subdued voice. “Now, pull it out half way and then slam it back, Derek. Slow and strong. That’s good, Derek. Watch how his breath hitches each time you touch that spot.” Tony moaned and wriggled as he straddled Derek’s body, doing all he could to fuck himself on the perfect toy. His hips moved until Derek gave in, picking up his speed.

“Turn it, turn it, please!” Tony panted.

“Anthony, where are your manners? Derek, hold him still,” Dr. Reid instructed, prompting Derek to throw one leg over Tony’s and hike Tony’s other leg over his shoulder. He held Tony scissored open, slowly rocking the contraption back and forth. Gibberish poured from Tony’s mouth in whispers and hisses that Derek didn’t bother trying to understand. “Faster. Now…turn it on.”

When Derek turned the knob an the dildo it started to jerk slightly in his hand and, even though Derek couldn’t identify what was happening to the phallus, he could somehow tell it was changing shape. Tony froze, his toes and fingers curled in a death grip of the sheets. His body rippled with fine tremors until he suddenly shouted three times, his limbs going spastic in those few seconds. Spenser moaned in frustration, trying not to touch himself. “Did he come?” Morgan looked at Tony’s deep breaths and shuttered eyes and was surprised to see a quick grimace of pain. He withdrew the still jerking toy after quickly turning it off and made his determination.

“If you’re asking me, I’d say that was one hell of an orgasm.”

“No ejaculate?” Spenser asked seriously, his hand hovering over his hardness. Morgan rubbed the dark spot and pulled a moist hand away.

“I wouldn’t say that; it just came out of another hole. It’s like he’s growing a pussy,” Derek gasped in wonder. If Tony had any strength, he would’ve cringed in horror, but his inability to move made him take note of the two men’s reactions. Derek was quiet at first, tentatively touching the wet, dark spot behind Tony’s most tender parts. Spenser inched closer until he was right next to his man, staring with rapt attention at the sopping, raised flesh. Spenser moaned as he felt his dick jerk. To Tony, the gentle rubbing felt heavenly, but he was paranoid that they would try to fuck his hole. He told himself it was irrational but he couldn’t stop his jerky reaction.

“Don’t, Tony warned.”

“Sshhh, I won’t. I’ll be gentle, Tony, See? Does that feel good? Tell me.” Derek encouraged Tony, but he couldn’t find words to explain how it felt so he just leaned back and sighed in contentment. Tony’s sudden sneeze was accompanied by a powerful squirt to Derek’s hand. He flattened his hand against Tony’s swollen opening and rubbed back and forth.

“Hot.” Spenser mumbled, dripping with clear pre come, but totally ignoring his own needs. “Can I touch it? Please?” He begged, reaching his hand forward slowly while his eyes begged Tony.

“Gentle,” Derek said both to remind Spenser and to assure Tony. Spenser knew what to do. He patted the spot gingerly, gauging the intensity of his caresses from Tony’s facial expressions. He worked out that tracing along the wrinkles felt the best and soon he had Tony squirming in exhausted frustration. When Derek bent down to take Spenser in his mouth, Spenser almost screamed, but somehow regained his control. He wanted Tony to squirt on his hand too and hoped the frenzied hips meant he’d get his wish.

“Come for me,” he demanded, rubbing along the biggest wrinkle that bisected the nodule of flesh and suddenly his finger was surrounded by wet heat. Then three things happen at once: a flood of moisture assaulted Spenser’s finger and dripped down his hand, Tony growled like a wild animal, and Spenser shot into Derek’s gulping throat. They all caught their breath but Reid was determined to leave his finger inserted. He wiggled it a little and noted that Tony left his legs splayed open and didn’t protest until after a few minutes. He slapped Spenser’s hand away and sunk two fingers inside himself, preferring to masturbate.

“Oh, shit,” Tony moaned, unprepared for how good it felt. Derek, who hadn’t come yet, knew temptation when he saw it and thought it better to leave while he still could. When he drew Spenser away from the bed he had to ignore his lover’s weak protests. He only returned to retrieve the toy just before Tony’s blind grasp caught it.

“Fingers tonight. I don’t want you to hurt yourself.” Derek dimmed the lights and left Tony in the darkness, discovering himself in urgent gasps and groans.
Faithful Friends by joblo
Author's Notes:
Derek’s words brooked no argument. He slapped a light onto the top of his truck and sped off in silent fury, determining the siren would bring more attention than he wanted at that point.
~

When they made it to bed, Spenser immediately crawled on his hands and knees, coming to a stop in the middle of the California king and dropping his head low to rest on his arms. Derek was so aroused at the sight and everything that came before that he didn’t last long. Neither of them minded since they were both tired. When it was over, Derek didn’t pull out; he spooned against Spenser, snuggling into him and pulling the bed sheets to cover them both. Spenser, who was half asleep, still murmured urgent questions that made Morgan smile. He was constantly amazed at his lover’s mind which, apparently never switched off, even when the young genius fell asleep. The only words Morgan caught were ‘breakfast’ and ‘Tony too?’ but he was used to the meaningless ramblings so he just kissed Spenser neck and ears and shoulders then squeezed him tight, adding positive, slow murmurs of “Mmmmhmmm,” just to acknowledge he knew Spenser was babbling. But the gibberish didn’t stop even though Spenser looked as though he were sleeping. When Spenser began to absently shake his leg, Derek realized Spenser’s brain was nowhere near as exhausted as his body was. With a sharp slap to Spenser’s thigh, Derek demanded he calm down. “Sleep,” Derek grumbled, tangling their legs together. Spenser stretched, protesting his entrapment as he turned and shifted, almost dislodging their connection until he lay on his back with his face buried in Derek’s warm neck.

Derek woke first, but didn’t move from the sticky union until Spenser stirred 30 minutes later. He pulled them into the shower immediately so that a few minutes later, Spenser was still drowsy and happily fell back into the surprisingly clean bed. Derek followed, cuddling his lover for warmth. “Are we going to play with Tony again today?” Spenser asked, blowing warm air against Derek’s chest as he whispered his question.

“Do you want to?”

“It was hot… but I’m not sure.”

“What didn’t you like?” Derek could tell something was bothering Spenser. He titled the younger man’s chin up so they were eye to eye then Derek smiled. Spenser buried his head against Derek’s chest again, but that was alright as long as he knew he could be honest, Derek thought.

“I liked seeing him, touching him, listening to him come like that. I like Tony; he’s sexy…”

“But? “

“But I didn’t like seeing you touch him. I don’t like knowing that you touch him like that when I’m not around. I never knew I was that possessive.” Spenser blushed, surprised at the passionate kiss Derek stole from him.

“I like it when you’re jealous, baby,” he assured. “We’ll talk to Tony and see what we can work out, but I think we’ve done our duty; he can wait for Gibbs to come back.” Morgan spent the next hour comforting Spenser who wrapped himself around Derek and refused to let him go.

In the morning, Morgan busied himself while both boys were still asleep. He cleaned the curious toy he’d confiscated the night before and quickly put it away after he began to get aroused by memories of their threesome. Morgan thought about how long it took to get Reid to accept his affections and was amazed at how much progress they’d made. Two years ago, he was still struggling to hold hands and get Reid to relax when he hugged him. Reid was never comfortable with being touched but Morgan knew it was due to his singular upbringing. It took almost a year of courting before Derek kissed Spenser and it was several months later before Spenser was comfortable enough to take his clothes off and have sex. Derek laughed at the memories of kissing and grinding against his lover, fully clothed. It had been years since Derek Morgan came in his pants, but he couldn’t count how many times he lost himself in the smell and feel of Spenser Reid moaning and babbling in passionate surrender. It was nothing short of a miracle that Spenser had taken part in a threesome and Derek knew that if Spenser was feeling uncomfortable that was more than enough reason to pull back. He wouldn’t risk the progress they’d made for anything, not even his closest friend.

The smell of bacon woke Tony first and something in the way he moved made Derek pause and watch him furtively. Tony didn’t liked being babied, even when he needed it. The only time Tony responded well to such attention was when Tony was ordered by someone and it was a rare man who could give Anthony DiNozzo and order the agent would actually obey. Derek took a deep breath.

“Good morning, Tony. Sit,” he ordered in a voice that brooked no disobedience.

“Derek. What’s for breakfast?” Tony beamed, doing as he was told without even acknowledging the command.

“Bacon and eggs, grits and we also have grapefruit and yogurt,” he answered, dishing up all of the choices for Tony along with juice and water. “Drink the water first and don’t put too much sugar on those grits. Really Tony, you’re the only person I know who eats sugar on grits.”

“I’m the only person you know who eats grits outside of the deep south,” Tony quipped, stirring the creamy, sugary concoction.

“That settles it then; no juice this morning. Water.” Derek announced, putting the carton of orange juice back in the refrigerator. Tony ravenously devoured the breakfast, even eating the few slices of grapefruit garnishing his plate.

Spenser got up much later with shower wet hair dampening his t-shirt. He wore a pair of ripped, worn jeans and a pensive glare that made him look like an A&F model. Tony’s babbling stuttered to a halt when the young man sauntered in, murmuring a ‘good morning’ to no one in particular then snagging the last piece of bacon from the table just before Tony.

“Why, good morning, Dr. Reid. We thought you’d never join us,” Tony’s eyes said so much more than his words, but Derek knew Tony flirted out of habit not, he told himself, because he’d just realized how sexy a freshly showered Spenser Reid could be. Spenser paused giving a blank stare and looking Tony in the eye, wondering if he was making some crack about the previous night.

“Calm down, babe. Tony’s just realizing how hot you are; he’s in shock,” Derrick laughed, pulling Spenser by the shirt until the younger man bent down to share a perfunctory kiss. “Is that all I get?”

“For now,” Spenser answered seriously, but it still made Morgan smile as he watched his lover pick up his glass of orange juice and disappear into the kitchen with the pillaged breakfast. Tony was smiling and Spenser, Derek knew, was in a good mood, even if most people wouldn’t have recognized the playfulness. Tony saw it though, and it made him feel comfortable. It reminded him of the team and he had to suddenly push down a swell of emotion at the thought of how much he missed them, especially his team leader. Still, Tony was determined to stay hidden as long as he could. He had no plans to speak to Gibbs before the man returned home but he still hoped Gibbs was trying to reach him.

The weekend was mostly uneventful. By Monday Tony, felt much bigger than when he last saw Gibbs four days ago, and was feeling the added weight in his back and his feet and he swore his hips were painfully stretching. He mostly reclined in front of the TV or napped after forced walks through the neighborhood for miscellaneous items he knew his hosts didn’t need. The only walk he readily agreed to was the one for ice cream and he even fought that walk in the beginning.

“C’mon, DiNozzo. You told me yourself you were supposed to stretch your muscles several times a day and with the drastic changes your body is going through, a nice walk is just what you need,” Derrick said, grabbing a light jacket and throwing it on Tony’s lap as he knelt in front of the pregnant man. Spenser smiled from several feet away, already donning a sweater thrown to him by his boyfriend. He was surprised how much he enjoyed seeing another man ordered around by Morgan. For Spenser, a speechless Tony, gaping in terror as Derrick secured and tied his shoes, was truly amusing. Spenser wondered if he looked as frustrated and childish when Derrick wouldn’t let him have his way.

“I don’t want to, D! I’m tired and my body hurts and-“

“And it’s gonna hurt a lot worse if you sit around and let it get stiff, Tony. Ready?” Derrick asked, grabbing Tony’s hands before pulling him from the couch. Tony didn’t respond, but he did stand up.

“I’m hungry.” Tony complained, slowly moving toward the door behind the two men.

“We should walk to Lulabelle’s. Have you been to that ice cream parlor, Tony?” Spenser asked.

“Ice cream? Yeah, I could go for some ice cream!”

Once they were walking, Tony was bubbling with excited energy. His talk was animated and he seemed to take a special interest in making Spenser laugh. At Lulabelle’s, Tony insisted the parlor was too cold, so he walked down the street with his waffle cone filled with a scoop of something green and another scoop of something chocolate with marshmallows. Spenser had a malt and Morgan carried a bottle of water as they headed toward home. Just then, a dark blur caught Tony’s eye.

“I knew it!”

“What, Tony?”

“That black van has been following me all week, Morgan. It’s like I’ve got lojack, man!” Morgan looked at his friend and could see Tony wasn’t just paranoid.

“When was the first time you saw it?”

“Tuesday, I think. I was at the navy yard on a lunch run but I’m sure I saw it before then,” Tony explained, relieved that someone was taking him seriously. The van had already rounded the corner but Morgan wasn’t concerned.

“I might know who that is, actually,” he smiled as they walked through the park.

~

Jethro growled across the phone line but Ducky was unimpressed. “Well, did you call, Jethro?”

“Of course I called! I’ve been calling all weekend at my place and Tony’s apartment.”

“Perhaps if you had called earlier-“

“If I wanted a lecture, I would’ve called Abby, Ducky. Abby already checked his apartment. I need you to stop by my house when you leave. Just let me know if he’s there, Duck,” Gibbs said in a voice filled with remorse.

“Of course, Jethro. The most important thing is that we find young Anthony. I was getting concerned when he didn’t answer my calls, but I didn’t know nobody had been in touch with him.”

“Abby says she saw him Saturday morning when she picked up Jethro. He’s probably using an alias at some swanky hotel but I want him found!” Gibbs was back to barking. Ducky, who’d known his gruff friend long enough to ignore his moods, could tell Gibbs was worried. He even knew the reason Jethro hadn’t called Tony to begin with. For Jethro, it was agony listening to Tony over the phone. He needed to hold Tony and tell him everything would be alright and he couldn’t do that from a thousand miles away.

“And Timothy has no leads?”

“He confirms that Tony’s credit cards haven’t been used and that his cell phone is turned off and was last used at my house.”

“Well, not much to go on. I’ll let you know if I find anything, but I wouldn’t worry Jethro; I imagine Tony was rather peeved with your initial reluctance to speak with him. He’s likely punishing you. Hurry back and he’s sure to show up,” Ducky suggested.

“Just a couple of loose ends, Ducky.” Jethro explained briefly before hanging up.

~

“Well?” Tony demanded, marching into the kitchen and heading for the refrigerator. “Who was in the van?” He pulled out a Pepsi pointing it at Derek who immediately replaced it with a bottle of water. Spenser looked at the can of soda in his hands, confused about how it got there. He returned it to the refrigerator and leaned back on the counter, waiting to see how this would play out. Tony, who was easily the most persistent person Spenser had met, had just started his friendly interrogation and Spenser wondered how quickly Derek would give in. Spenser wondered who would be following Tony and why Derek wouldn’t want Tony to know about them. “…and I’m about to give birth to twins while you let some van of wierdos stalk me,” Tony ranted. Spenser squinted like he had a headache, starring at Tony then Derek. He was relieved to see his man sit down and sigh, apparently giving in.

“Sit, Tony,” Derek said, pulling out a chair at the table for Tony before sitting himself. “I was hoping to get you to accept that you’re safe, but I see that’s not gonna work. It’s Ford’s team, Tony.”

“You mean Nathan Ford? Eliot’s boss?”

“I don’t think Eliot would’ve called him his boss, but yeah, kid. I didn’t want to bring it up because I know we just lost Eliot. Tony, I hate that Gibbs is making you miserable, but I know you’ve got to be feeling horrible about Eliot right now and, if Gibbs distracts you from some of that pain, that’s a good thing. That’s why I didn’t want to bring up Eliot’s team, but they do drive a black van like the one we saw today.”

“Why follow me?” Tony whispered almost to himself. “Do you think Eliot made it? He’s just laying low and watching me to make sure I’m okay? That sounds like him.” Morgan watched Tony in pain, wondering if Tony actually believed Eliot was still alive and how he could break his friend’s heart again.

“No, Tony. Eliot is dead. Garcia found footage from a security camera and its just like you said; he was hit and he fell into the Potomac. He didn’t swim to safety with a torso full of bullet wounds, Tony. He probably just told his friends to take care of you. Either that or they tracked down the mysterious friend he visited just before he was killed. Probably the latter. You know, I met them once or twice,” Morgan said, ignoring the pensive state Tony was slipping into.

“What were they like?” Tony murmured, wanting to know more about Eliot’s life.

“Quirky criminals turned good guys- morally anyway. They still run cons for a living. Nathan use to work in insurance- middle aged Irish guy who really like his whiskey. Sofie is a beautiful…woman. I’m not really sure where she’s from but I think she’s European; her accent usually is anyway. The youngest is a beautiful, blond thief with magic fingers and the other guy is this brother I hear the CIA has been trying to hire for the past ten years to crack a few foreign codes, if you know what I mean,” Morgan finished rambling, hoping to keep Tony entertained. “He talks a mile a minute, but Garcia says he’s a legendary hacker which is high praise coming from the queen.” Morgan went on, hoping Tony would just listen and stop convincing himself the Eliot was still alive.

“McGee would kill him,” Tony smiled a little, trying to play along but thinking about how nervous he’d been the past couple of weeks. But why follow me before Eliot was killed?”

“Who knows? Could be Eliot was watching you before he paid you that last visit, Tony. The good thing is you’re in no danger if that’s who’s on your tail. You’d like them- especially Sophie and Parker: classy brunette and a sexy little blonde adrenaline junkie. You should see this girl, she’s deceptively cute with bangs and a ponytail until she steals your wallet and your pinkie ring all while silently flirting with you.” Morgan kept talking to keep Tony’s mind off his sadness, but the description brought back the utility worker and his blond partner. Then there was the camera-girl with the long legs and the ponytail.

“This hacker,” Tony interrupted Morgan’s monologue, “Tall guy? Dark and lanky? Likes to rant a lot?”

“Sounds like you know him,” Morgan smiled but Tony didn’t respond. He was too busy thinking about how he’d knock the guy out the next time he saw that black van.

“Nah. Just thought I caught a glimpse of him. I think I’m going to take a nap,” Tony said, rising slowly and pushing away from the table.

“Alright, Tonyboy. We’ll get you when it’s time for dinner.” Derek said. Spenser just stood there silently, wondering if he should weigh in on this matter.

“He’s hiding something, Derek.”

“Yeah. But Tony’s always hiding something. He’ll be fine once he sleeps off his mood.” Derek voice was confident. He took out his phone and winked at a calculating Spenser. Holding his hand out to his lover, Derek suddenly pulled Spenser into his arms as his call was answered. “Hey Beautiful. I need your gifted mind. A number. Alec Hardison. I know you have some hacker code, but this is important, baby girl. You know I wouldn’t ask you if it wasn’t. I know but we have a mutual friend; he’ll talk to me.” It wasn’t too hard for Morgan to convince Garcia. After all, she trusted him with her life and knew he’d never lie to her. Once Morgan had the number he placed the call, moving into his bedroom so Tony wouldn’t hear.

“Who the hell is this?”

“SSA Derek Morgan. Why are you stalking Anthony DiNozzo, Hardison?”

“Hold up Supervisory Special Agent Morgan. You know I wouldn’t do anything illegal, man. I’m just honoring our boy’s last wishes to hook his man up. Honest! We’re pimping his house as we speak.”

“You’re the ones doing the remodel?”

“Did you really think someone named Leroy Jethro Gibbs entered a Better Homes and Gardens remodeling sweepstakes? C’mon man-”

“Where were you an hour ago?” Derek demanded in a voice that was all business. His hands however, were all about playing with Spenser as he rubbed the younger man’s back, resting on his butt like a promise of what was to come. He watched as Spenser mouthed his name, but paid his lover little attention.

“Right here, man! That’s what I’m telling you; Sophie has us carrying furniture and going back out to gets supplies like we didn’t hire guys to do that. I mean, I’m the tech guy, not manual labor. She got me carrying paint man which worries me ‘cause I ain’t no painter. She even made me pick out the nursery border. We’ve got to get this finished today because the furniture comes tomorrow and everything else has to be done.”

“So you haven’t been in Manassas?” His hands stilled and Spenser pulled away and left the room but Morgan was too busy putting the story together. As usual, Reid was way ahead of him.

“Morgan! Tony’s gone!” Reid grabbed his gun from the drawer where he always stashed it and walked out of the condo, knowing Morgan was right behind him.

“Hardison said he spotted a tail when they were following Tony last week. Now there’s a van identical to his following Tony. That’s no coincidence.” Morgan walked out of the bedroom hanging up and looking for Spenser. When he spotted then younger man, he was buckling his holster and heading for the door. “Hey! What’s going on?”

“Tony is gone. And so are your car keys, Derek.” Spenser looked up, wondering what was taking his man so long to move. They both ran out the door, quickly taking the stairs to Derek’s parking unit where he found it wide open and empty with the exception of the crème colored Vespa Derek gave his sister last year when she visited for her birthday.

“He can’t be far away,” Reid insisted logically, handing the keys and a helmet to Morgan and taking his seat on the little machine. With a sigh, Morgan took off, hoping they’d be able to catch DiNozzo before he found his stalkers.

~

“We’ve got a detour.”

“Sophie’ll be mad. Let’s just get the paint and get back already. I hate this domestic job. There’s no danger, no fun, Hardison! When can we work a regular job?”

“You want danger? When I was following Agent DiNozzo with Eliot, we had a tail which eventually caught up with Eliot and probably killed him. I’ll bet anything it was Moreau. Now, these same people are still following Eliot’s boy- actually, it seems like Agent DiNozzo is chasing them as we speak.”

“Pregnant man chasing dangerous mercenaries… that definitely trumps Lowe’s,” Parker decided, getting behind this new plan one hundred percent.

“Good. You drive while I track down the vehicle.” Minutes later, Hardison spotted Derek Morgan’s black Range rover and was less than a mile away from the speeding vehicle. “There it is, Parker.”

“Where?”

“About to make a ridiculously wide right turn into that Publix parking lot. They watched as the lumbering truck bounced over speed bumps and crossed the parking lot to overtake the van turning at the corner ahead of them. Parker zipped through traffic, zooming across the lot. She narrowly missed an elderly man creeping towards his ’87 Cadillac, but the scooter zipping around her was worrying her the most.

“Why won’t these freaks move? Can’t they see I’m trying to get somewhere?”

“That’s…OMG, that’s Supervisory Special Agent Derek Morgan. Parker, don’t hit that man,” Hardison hollered with fear in his voice that made Parker smirk and slam her foot on the gas pedal. They made it to the far end of the parking lot at the same time Tony was rolling himself out of the truck. He had pulled into right lane behind the van then swooped up on the left, steering the cargo van onto the sidewalk. They ended up in the shopping center parking lot with Tony’s truck blocking the cargo van.

Before Tony could amble out, the men who had been following him jumped out, seizing the opportunity to snatch their new subject. Asle, their leader, was a handsome Swede of average height and build who’d been trying to prove his worth since before Eliot Spenser left the business. He didn’t understand how Damien Moreau couldn’t see his potential. The fact of the matter was that Asle Nordquist wasn’t very smart and couldn’t compare to Eliot Spenser in any way. He had no skill in leading men which Moreau quickly learned after Eliot left his employ. Since then Asle had been demoted to special projects coordinator, but he was smart enough to realize his job was becoming less ‘special’ to his boss. Asle blamed Eliot for his downward spiral and expected that once Eliot was out of the picture, things would start looking up for him. He didn’t understand why Moreau wouldn’t take his calls; now that Eliot was gone, Moreau was supposed to give him his job back and stop waiting around for Eliot to return. Asle was savvy enough to realize that his boss was infatuated with the ex-head of security and Asle even assumed there was a relationship now that he knew Spenser was involved with the freak he’d been following for the last two weeks. He hissed in anger at the thought of the diminutive Spenser kissing his devastatingly handsome boss. It wasn’t fair: he was obviously more handsome than Spenser and he could do whatever Spenser did and more. And he wasn’t squeamish about guns. Asle laughed thinking about Eliot’s sudden aversion to guns and killing. He smiled to think about how much he knew Moreau would want Eliot’s fat friend, considering all the crazy stuff Moreau had been into lately. He fantasized about the moment he would call Moreau with something the mogul really wanted and Moreau would order him back to HQ and all would be forgiven and restored. Nothing was going to get in the way of his perfect ending and this is what he told himself as he jumped out of the van before his two lackeys to apprehend the wobbling federal agent in broad daylight. “Open the back!” Asle ordered, pulling out his gun and charging forward.

“Is he crazy? Hundreds of people are watching and this guy’s a cop.” One man looked at the other who silently sat behind the wheel, wondering if Asle was, in fact, insane. If Asle had been a better leader, he would have instilled in his men trust so they wouldn’t question his orders. He might have even explained how their boss had some experiment with pregnant men and this was an escaped specimen- anything to get them to follow his lead in the mad capture of the federal agent. When a scooter and another truck pulled up and someone shouted FBI, Asle’s men stayed in the van, wondering if they could just pull off and tell Moreau that Asle was captured by the feds.

When the first shot was fired, the men in the van reversed and took off with Asle jumping back into the passenger seat just in time. They swerved behind the shopping center, hoping to avoid the gridlocked traffic on the street closest to them. They drove behind rows of loading docks until they made it to the other side of the center where an 18 wheeler blocked their escape. The van screeched to a halt. “Move it!” Asle screamed, followed by odd, foreign sounding curses that had the driver and the man in the back stifling laughs. “Shut up!” Asle demanded, hating the imbeciles he had to work with. “What’s that noise, assholes?”

~

When Tony climbed out of the truck, he was greeted by some Nordic looking guy he had the urge to call Sven. “Where’s the funny black guy and the blond chic? You work with them too? You guys have some nerve-“ his rant faltered when he noticed the gun.

“Come with me, you fat fuck,” Asle grinned and Tony knew something was wrong, but he kept his cool and raised his hands.

“So you’re not part of Eliot’s crew-“

“Fuck Eliot. He’s dead at the bottom of the river and once Damien finishes with you, you will be too,” he seemed oddly ecstatic as he inched toward Tony, obviously planning on grabbing the pregnant man. Rookie mistake, Tony thought, waiting for the best moment to turn the tables. Just then he heard Morgan identify himself somewhere behind him and another vehicle rolled up.

“Shit!” Tony groaned, hoping the FBI wasn’t officially involved; Gibbs would kill him. The blonde man with the gun stopped, training it on something over Tony’s shoulder. When Tony went for his own gun, Asle shot at him and ran off once his getaway vehicle began to move again.

“Stop him, Reid!” Derek demanded, attending to Tony who was cursing and leaning against the Range rover like he might fall down. Several shots rang out, but Derek hardly noticed. “Where you hit, Tonyboy? I’ll have EMT here in no time-”

“No, Derek. I’m okay,” Tony insisted.

“You are not okay, Tony. You’re shot. And pregnant; you’re going to the hospital.”

“I can’t. It’s too public and besides, it went straight through,” Tony grimaced as he turned to point to the bullet lodged in the passenger side door. “Call my doctor. Better yet, let’s just go to his house,” Tony said, tossing Derek the keys and climbing in the backseat with a lot of help from his friend. Spenser climbed in the front as Derek started up the car and tried to yell at Hardison who was already speeding away from the scene. The cargo van filled with Moreau’s men made its getaway, detouring around the back side of the mall.

“I shot three of the tires so they can’t get very far- especially in this traffic. We should call it in and have someone pick them up,” Spenser said just before he heard the boom and saw the billowing smoke rising from behind the strip mall.

“What the…?” Tony groaned when he tried to twist and turn to see the explosion.

“I’m pretty sure I didn’t do that,” Spenser said absently.

“Do what? I didn’t hear anything and neither did you two. Now, we’re gonna get Tony taken care of and we’ll deal with this later,” he said, driving off and calling Garcia. Disavowal was their best bet since Morgan knew he couldn’t responsibly leave the scene of an explosion.

“I’ll stay, Derek.” Spenser decided.

“We’re leaving.” Derek’s words brooked no argument. He slapped a light onto the top of his truck and sped off in silent fury, determining the siren would bring more attention than he wanted at that point.

~

When Parker screeched to a halt, she stopped right next to the cute little Vespa, winking at the driver as she disappeared around the far side of the Range rover. “Hey, Agent Morgan,” she smiled, but Derek didn’t have time to wonder why she was acting so strange before she ran off. He focused on the dirtbag threatening to shoot his friend.

Parker, on the other hand, knew Moreau’s men would run away, so she planned to leave them with a parting gift. She circled all the vehicles without being noticed, stretched beneath the black van for three seconds and ran back to the truck where Hardison was now behind the wheel. Moreau’s men were taking off and Tony looked hit but relatively alright. “Let’s go,” she demanded, slapping Hardison on the leg.

“Oww, woman! What did you do?”

“We have forty-five seconds to get out of Dodge,” she said calmly just before they suddenly flew into traffic.

~

“Don’t tell Gibbs, Ducky. Promise me,” Tony insisted and Dr. Mallard found it difficult to deny the young man.

“Only if you promise to tell him yourself, Anthony.”

“Soon,” Tony agreed, starting to drift off despite his earlier declaration that he wasn’t tired at all. When Dr. Mallard slipped out the room, followed by Morgan and Dr. Reid, he was grave and admonishing.

“How did this happen? Who would want to hurt poor Anthony?”

“Dr. Mallard, he’s safe now, I assure you. We’re not even certain who was behind this, but we do know they’re gone. Under the circumstances, I do think I should watch Tony until Gibbs gets back. When will that be, Dr. Mallard?”

“Soon,” he said, picking up his phone.
Friendly Reunion by joblo
Author's Notes:
Somewhere, behind him, Tony knew Spenser was pushing Derek to the door and Derek resisted in his frustration. He’d been waiting to see Tony curse Gibbs or at least acknowledge the fact that Gibbs had wronged him
~

Leroy Jethro Gibbs was being a bastard. The case was practically solved, but they still hadn’t found the money and that wasn’t good enough for Gibbs. He griped all day and spat coffee at Ziva and McGee who desperately searched for the missing millions. They had enough evidence to prosecute and had everyone in custody by the end of the weekend, but still hadn’t located the funds.

“Boss, I’m just running programs I can run at the office. When are we going back home?”

“When we find the money, McGee!” Gibbs threw his coffee in the garbage and stormed out to get more. McGee and Ziva both grimaced and continued to follow leads. Gibbs enjoyed the fresh air away from his probies, admitting to himself that he wasn’t mad at them; he was angry with himself. In a way, staying until the money was found was Gibbs’s way of punishing himself for treating Tony so badly. He was also putting off the apology he knew Tony deserved and, at this point, he didn’t want to apologize over the phone. Still, Gibbs was so desperate that he considered doing just that until he remembered that he didn’t know where Tony was. He checked the number when his phone suddenly rang. “Duck? You find him?”

“He found me. Jethro, you should come home now.”

“What is it, Duck?”

“It is a matter for you to discuss with Anthony. In fact, I promised him I would not inform you, but I will say he is fine, Jethro. Still, you would want to be here as soon as possible.”

“Quit beating around the bush! What’s wrong with Tony?” Jethro demanded. He was shocked to hear a dial tone ringing in his ear.

~

Ducky ended his short conversation and returned down the hall to check on Tony’s vitals while the agent rested. He ignored the two men patiently waiting for more information until Morgan could no longer stand it. When he followed Ducky into the guest room where Tony dozed, Dr. Mallard looked up at him in annoyance. “Was there something you needed, Agent Morgan?”

Morgan took a calming breath and reminded himself that this was Tony’s colleague and friend who was just as worried as Morgan was himself. “Dr. Mallard, I need to know when Gibbs is returning. I won’t let Tony out of my sight until then,” Derek vowed and Spenser stood behind him wondering if that was a threat or a promise. Dr. Mallard wrote a few notes then turned to his two guests to give them his undivided attention.

“And just how did our young Anthony come to be shot by a large caliber round, Agent Morgan? Was he not with you these past two days? We certainly could find no trace of him despite our exceptional technology; Tony had disappeared. Did he come to you for protection? Is this the way you look after your friends? I’d rather think he’ll be safe right here until Gibbs returns,” Ducky said, turning back to attend to Tony and dismissing the two men behind him. Derek would’ve argued but the fact was that he’d let Tony down. Tony was injured because Derek wasn’t watching him closely enough. And it was Derek who led Tony to believe that the people following him were harmless. He felt a bit defeated, but he wasn’t giving up, despite his eventual retreat from the bedroom. He’d leave Dr. Mallard to continue his work while he found his game face.

“I’ll be walking the perimeter,” was all the agent said as he left the doctor to his patient. Spenser looked after Derek, trying to catch his eyes but his lover avoided him which Spenser knew meant Derek needed time alone. Derek would worry about his boyfriend later. For now, he knew Spenser would set this Dr. Mallard straight.

“You’re wrong if you think Derek can’t protect Tony. Derek couldn’t have known Tony was in danger and Tony stole Derek’s truck-“

“Dr. Reid, I’m sure you’re trying to help, but the fact is that Anthony is in a very delicate state right now and certainly cannot afford to be involved in gunfights and high speed chases.”

“I agree. No more than he can afford to be emotionally neglected and stressed, which is the reason he came to Derek in the first place. It was the legendary Agent Gibbs that hurt Tony- not Agent Morgan. You’d be wise to remember that the next time you speak to him.” Spenser left the room and went to find Derek, leaving Ducky to ponder over what he’d said.

~

“What would Tony do?” Ziva wondered aloud after reviewing their case notes.

“What would Tony say,” McGee added, leaning back in his chair and putting his feet on the desk in an imitation of the senior field agent.

“Exactly!”

“Exactly what, Ziva?”

“Tony would blame the wife or, in this case, the girlfriend.” Ziva paused for a moment while Tim caught up to her line of reasoning.

“Well, our first victim worked for the DOD and his girlfriend claims to have never met any of the victims in Dayton.”

“But,” Ziva continued, “we can connect our first victim to the Airforce base here in Ohio only days before he was found slain in D.C. Perhaps he conspired to launder the money from the DOD with his girlfriend-“

“And had to cover his tracks by killing the officer at Wright when he was here last weekend.” McGee guessed.

“That would mean the girlfriend did it after convincing the lieutenant to hide the money in an account in her name.” Ziva smiled, thinking that was probably the plan all along. “Maybe the Ohio murder wasn’t planned, but she always meant that money for herself.”

“That means I should check any funds connected to the girlfriend. We know that the first victim we found killed our second victim, but the accidental death in D.C. is a bit hinky,” McGee added, already clicking away at his computer.

“Yes. I think Gibbs would be glad to have just cause in determining that to be a murder as well,” Ziva added, opening their files to review the case once more with a new murderer in mind. They were engrossed in this checking and rechecking of the facts when Gibbs swept back into the room, looking angrier and more intense than ever. Still, McGee didn’t even look up from his screen until he found what he’d been searching for.

“I got it! Boss, I found the money!”

“And our D.C. killer?” Ziva asked hopefully.

‘”What you got, McGee?” Gibbs barked.

“Just an offshore account in Eva Ragasa’s maiden name and records showing Eva Ramos completed nursing school-“

“Which means she was more than capable of poisoning her boyfriend and making it look like an insulin spike,” Ziva added triumphantly. “Which means we can go home, yes Gibbs?”

“No. It means I’m going home; you both get to stay and wrap up the investigation. When you finish, I’ll see you back in D.C.” Gibbs told them. His tone was less angry but he was just as intense as he swept out of the room as quickly as he’d come. Within an hour, Gibbs was on the next hop to D.C., trying to ignore the twisting in his gut that told him something bad had happened to DiNozzo. He comforted himself by replaying Ducky’s terse words assuring him that Tony was alright, even if his friend was certain to give him a tongue lashing when he finally got home. There were few people that could effectively reprimand Leroy Jethro Gibbs and one of them was Dr. Donald Mallard. He simply knew the marine too well and Gibbs respected him too much to ignore his opinions. Besides, this time, Gibbs knew he was wrong and he hoped that whatever happened to Tony wasn’t his fault; it would make an apology even more difficult, but Gibbs had already decided that he’d do whatever was necessary to make it up to Tony. He closed his eyes and forced his mind and body to relax. He’d be there soon and then he’d have all the time he needed to make it up to Tony.

~

When Ducky left Tony to rest, he found Spenser Reid and Derek Morgan in his kitchen drinking the tea he’d been preparing when they arrived. “I hope you don’t mind that we helped ourselves,” Reid said, sipping the best tea he’d had since he was a boy. “This is better than my mother’s tea.” He smiled.

“Ah, your mother must be a connoisseur, Dr. Reid,” Ducky said, joining them for tea. He eyed Morgan who sat menacingly in front of the steaming brew, obviously not interested in trying the tea. “Why so dour, Agent Morgan? After all, I’m not the one with whom you need be concerned.”

“And who’s that?” Morgan demanded.

“One Special Agent Leroy Jethro Gibbs, of course. In fact, he should be here soon enough-“

“You… Dr. Mallard, you promised,” Tony hissed from where he leaned against the wall just outside the kitchen. The sudden preference for his friend’s official title made his feelings of betrayal obvious. Even in his anger, Tony couldn’t bring himself to call Ducky anything vulgar and that enraged him even more. He unsteadily made his way back to the guest room, muttering angrily about untrustworthy people and betrayal. Immediately Dr. Mallard and Derek followed with Spenser lagging behind and a more sedate pace.

“I assure you, Anthony, I did not tell Gibbs what has happened. I did, however, call him to let him know you were safe since he has been worried about you for several days now.”

“Worried? About me? He sure has a lousy way of showing it, Ducky! I didn’t know ignoring calls and being unavailable were signs that you care?”

“Tony, we both know Jethro is not the most emotionally available man. I’m the first to agree with you- he should have spoken to you more when he first arrived at Wright, but do you actually believe he doesn’t care deeply for you? Do you think he isn’t concerned and filled with anxiety over not being able to locate you these past few days?” Tony was busying himself, straightening his clothes. He eyed his bloody sweatshirt which Ducky had cut to shreds and grimaced, balling it up and throwing it in the empty, pristine trash can in the adjoining bathroom. He ignored the doctor and stared in the mirror, frowning at the slight bruise on the right side of his face and absently rubbing his belly as he purposefully ignored the. He knew the bruise would look worse tomorrow and a sinking feeling in the pit of his stomach made him hope he’d see Gibbs today, before his face started changing colors. Finally he turned his attention to the bandaged left arm. It hurt but it was a clean shot and the non-narcotic pain killer Tony gladly took from Ducky was taking the edge off well enough. Tony sighed then straightened his back in determination. He wanted to be at Gibbs’s house, in Gibbs’s bed with Gibbs wrapped around him. Tony wanted that solid mound of sawdust scented flesh pillowing his unfamiliar body. It was the only way he could get comfortable these last few weeks and Tony thought that just being in bed, waiting for Gibbs would be better than being anywhere else.

Leaving was easier than Tony expected. Part of it, he knew, was the steely resolve in his glare and the angry, business-like way he hissed, “Thank you for your service, Doctor,” before picking up the phone and dialing a cab. The finger disconnecting his call was no surprise, nor were the car keys dangling from Derek’s hands.

“Where to, Tony-boy?” Derek gave in with a sigh.

“Home,” he said, suddenly realizing just how much he wanted to be there.

“Well, you’ll pardon me if I follow you, dear Anthony; I’m not letting you out of my sight until Gibbs arrives.” Ducky grabbed his own keys, ignoring Agent Morgan’s growl and Dr. Reid’s smirk. Tony wasted no time in getting to Morgan’s truck and pulling open the passenger back door. As he readied himself to haul his 230 lbs into the truck, Derek stopped him.

“Heyheyhey, Tony, take the front seat. It reclines more. C’mon, I’m sure you’ll be more comfortable,” Derek insisted as he pulled Tony away from the truck and closed the back door.”

“What about Spenser? Won’t he be all… jealous and snippy?”

“Nah. Besides, I think he’s riding with Dr. Mallard,” Derek guessed, looking over his shoulder at the two doctors.” Tony, who was dealing with his own anxiety, easily noticed his friend’s.

“Don’t worry; I’m sure they’ll hit it off. They’re both repositories of vast amounts of useless, esoteric information,” Tony assured him and Derek shrugged a smile before closing the door and getting in himself. Derek noticed Spenser’s head snap around when he started the car but he quickly pulled up next to the two men, still deep in conversation. “You two following us?” Morgan asked but it was more of a statement.

“Oh, yeah! Look, Morgan- it’s a Morgan!” And when no light of recognition appeared on his lover’s face, Spenser added, “The iconic image of British motoring? The quintessential classic British sports car? Dr. Mallard’s is a classic 1935 design - scoop "wing" fenders, bullet headlights, a leather-strapped bonnet and a wooden frame, Derek! I’m going to ride in a car with a wooden frame!” Reid’s excitement didn’t leave room for him to notice how unimpressed Derek was with his boyfriend’s sudden crush. Derek was glad he wore his aviators since he was sure his eyes would’ve given away just how annoyed he was. Still, he suspected it wasn’t lost on Dr. Mallard, who held up a single key and filled his voice with a magnanimous lilt.

“Actually, would you like to drive? I’m afraid my hip has been giving me problems as of late and it would be greatly appreciated if you wouldn’t mind- just until the medicine kicks in,” Ducky said, making it sound like Reid would be doing him a great favor. Derek just rolled his eyes behind the dark shades, but something in his face must have given him away because Spenser look momentarily confused.

“See you there,” he muttered, rolling away without a care for whether they would catch up to him. “So, home? I’m guessing that means Gibbs’s house,” Derek said, hoping the doctors went across town to Tony’s apartment before realizing where they were.

“Yeah, I guess.”

“Don’t act like you haven’t been living there since this pregnancy started.”

“I’m not. It just…”

“Just what?” Derek’s voice was gentle but demanding and unwilling to let Tony get away with keeping everything bottled up.

“I got shot, Derek! Gibbs is gonna head slap me into next year!”

“The way I see it, you’re even now, right? Anyway, he won’t be mad that you got shot, DiNozzo; he’ll be mad that he wasn’t here to protect you. And isn’t that kind of what you were pissed about anyway? This is really just more fuel for your fire,” Derek laughed, hoping to make Tony feel better.

“Yeah. But I had his house decorated…”

“Leroy Jethro Gibbs doesn’t seem like the kind of guy who cares about the color of the walls, Tony.”

“No. He’s the kind of guy who likes everything to be just the way he left it,” Tony muttered and went silent for a few minutes, not wanting to think about the rage he would soon be facing. Despite the fact that Gibbs told Tony to do whatever he wanted, Tony still knew better than to think there would be no repercussions. Gibbs was a man who’d worn the same haircut for thirty years, drove the car he hauled home as a teenager, and hadn’t moved his furniture since his family was killed. Tony knew the change could be devastating. When they arrived at Gibbs’s house, Tony heaved a sigh of relief and began to feel calmer as if his body recognized this as home. The outside of the house looked as immaculate as usual with the beautiful landsape roses flanking the front steps. Tony waddled to the front door, pulling the envelope off the knocker where it was taped.


Gibbs and DiNozzo,
Welcome to your newly remodeled home! As requested, we have not touched the basement, but we did take the liberty of finishing the nursery. Consider this Eliot’s last gift to you.

P.S.
Hardison offers his services when you’re ready to childproof the house. And we hope Tony feels better soon.


That was all they’d written, but Tony noticed a flash drive hidden under all the warranty information. He smiled and handed the heavy envelope to Derek then Tony took a deep breath and “What the hell?” Tony gripped at the locked door. Derek shook the bag and pulled out a key ring. After a few seconds, they were in the short foyer, staring in shocked amazement.

~

“You found him, Ducky? Well, where was he? Is he alright? Who’s looking after him? Does Gibbs know you found him? Bossman must be on his way back, right?” Abby demanded all at once over Dr. Mallard’s cell phone.

“Yes, my dear, I called Jethro several hours ago. I daresay he should arrive shortly if I know our Leroy Jethro Gibbs,” Ducky announced with obvious fondness.

“Several hours ago? Why am I just hearing about this now? Where’s Tony?”

“He said he was going ‘home’. I take that to mean-“

“Gibbs’s house,” Abby cut him impatiently. “Okay, well, I know he’ll be hungry so I’ll order food and meet him there,” she planned, ignoring Ducky’s suggestion that she wait until tomorrow to visit her friend. He hung up, looking sideways at Dr. Reid who, Ducky was certain just caught the entire conversation.

“Oh dear. I’ll have to work even harder at keeping Anthony calm once Ms. Scuito arrives. We should hurry; she’ll be there any minute.”

~

Inside, it looked like a totally different house. The once dingy, yellowed walls were a gleaming bright near white hue and the rooms were filled with neutral colored furniture that somehow looked both modern and traditional. There were shades of blue all over the rooms in throw pillows and empty picture frames and there were even a few plants.

“Oh my God! I want to see upstairs, but I think I need to sit down,” Tony whispered, making his way to the invitingly oversized couch and then passing it over for one of two recliners which he sank into with a contented sigh. “I’m just gonna stay right here,” he said, closing his eyes and breathing deeply as he laid back and lifted his legs. “Ooohhhhh, yesssss!” Tony hissed, sounding more than a little aroused.

“That good, huh?” Derek laughed, taking himself on the tour. It was only a few minutes later when he returned to check on his friend. “How you doing, Tony?”

“’M ‘kay,” Tony murmured, half asleep in the overstuffed chair.

“Well, maybe you should change that bloody shirt and lie down in bed if you want to take a nap,” Derek suggested, coming to Tony’s side and trying to pull him from the chair.

“Nnnoooo! Ow!” Tony pulled away, jarring his injured arm. “This is better than a bed; my back doesn’t hurt this way and I’m much closer to the kitchen.”

“Okay, buddy. You hungry?” Derek, realizing it was best to choose his battles wisely, went into the kitchen and rifled around for a quick meal. “We got some kind of stew, yogurt, turkey sandwich fixings, and …chicken salad from Louie’s Deli, I think-“

“Yuck! I want-“ but just then the door flew open and a black and pink blur tumbled in, rambling and gesticulating wildly despite the pizza box balanced in her hand.

“Lunch! Tony! Where have you been, mister? I’ve been worried sick! Bossman has been growling at me for days,” then she halted in her steps and turned around, looking a little unsteady in her platform, knee high boots. “Oh. My. God. You’ve been decorating! It’s beautiful, Tony! How’d you talk Gibbs into it?” She rambled on without any sign of stopping until Tony spoke up.

“Just in time- I’m starving,” as he reached out for the warm box and winced.

“Right! Pizza and - hey! What happened to you, Tony? You’re in no condition to be working! Gibbs is gonna kill you!”

“I’d like to see him try it,” Derek said in a dangerously calm voice that made Abby want to change the subject. Wide green eyes turned slowly towards the voice coming from the kitchen. “Umm, hi? I’m Abigail,” she said to the entirely too hot man standing with his arms crossed and a vaguely amused expression. When he didn’t answer, she turned back to Tony, opting for doting on her best friend and plying him with sausage and pepperoni pizza. “Are you supposed to be eating this, Tony?” She asked after watching him scarf down his second piece, make a funny face and massage his left side awkwardly with his right hand.

“S’okay. Just don’t tell Ducky.”

“Don’t tell Ducky what, exactly?” The doctor’s light Scottish brogue filled the foyer announcing himself and Dr. Reid. Both men stood politely in the entryway, Ducky pausing to look around in appreciation. “Oh my, Jethro said nothing to me about redecorating,” Ducky shared a quick, knowing smile with Tony that suddenly turned into a slight frown. “Really, Tony, we just spoke about this; you’re going to have indigestion. Please tell me there are no peppers on that pie.”

“No peppers, Ducky. I’m sorry. I just wanted to make sure I got something I knew he’d eat since he’s been kind of picky lately.” Abby apologized. Tony groaned, pushing the pizza away and vowing to finish it later as he closed his eyes and ignored all the fussing around him. He drifted into sleep, concentrating on keeping the food down.

~

Gibbs touched down and had a car waiting for him, courtesy of NCIS. He was off the plane and on the beltway within fifteen minutes. He knew it was only a short drive to Ducky’s and he flipped his phone on, not trusting the time set in the car. It was fortunate, since he saw the message from his friend and a text from Abby which he thought better of trying to decipher while doing over ninety on the expressway. He did, however, hit the speed dial, knowing Ducky would be waiting for his call.

“Gibbs!”

“Abby? Where’s Ducky?”

“Here!”

“Where’s here?”

“At your house, bossman. With Tony. That’s what we called to tell you. Are you close?” Abby demanded in a voice that was pure excitement.

“I’ll be there in a minute.” He flipped the phone closed and threw it to the floor then cursed. He was almost to Ducky’s Georgetown home and the traffic was a mess. He’d have to turn around to get back on the beltway. On the other hand, he told himself, if Tony was already home, all he’d have to do was kick Duck and Abby out so he could take care of Tony. Gibbs worried about Tony all alone for days, probably aching and needy, and wanting someone to listen to his whining, which Gibbs didn’t mind at all because Tony was, after all, a pregnant man. And something had happened. Gibbs didn’t know what, but he knew it was his fault; had he been there, Tony would’ve been safe.

It was with these thoughts plaguing him that Gibbs screeched to a halt in his driveway behind Abby’s hotrod hearse which was parked next to a black range Rover he immediately recognized as belonging to FBI Agent Derek Morgan. Gibbs gritted his teeth at the thought that Tony was with Morgan all this time. He pushed all thoughts of the handsome man ‘helping’ his friend out of his mind even though logic told him Derek would’ve gladly met any need Tony had while Gibbs was away. Gibbs’s quick gate brought him to the front door so quickly, he almost missed his friend sitting there waiting for him.

“Duck?” Gibbs sighed, acknowledging his pensive friend.

“Jethro, everyone will be glad to see you.”

“Somehow, I doubt everyone, but I’m here.”

“Don’t tell me you’re worried about Tony. He’s been pining for the better part of a week. He may have been angry, but I doubt it’s something you can’t handle, Jethro.”

“Then why stop me, Duck? Aren’t you gonna tell me what I need to do?” The disdain in Gibbs’s tone was palpable. It was no secret that he hated taking orders, especially about personal matters. But Ducky should see through the façade and he knew his friend well enough to know that Gibbs would listen to any advice he had to give.

‘He’s hurting and he feels abandoned. I can’t imagine what he must be going through. He is scared, Jethro and you’ve left him. Why should he believe you’ll be there for him? That is what you promised, is it not?” And Gibbs knew his friend was right. He told Tony that he would be there, that he was dependable; that he would take care of Tony and be his family. Already, he failed. Gibbs knew the guilt he felt was carried on his face because Ducky smiled sadly. “Oh dear,” he said, “one look at that face and all will be forgiven, I think. Really Jethro! You look like you’re about to apologize!” his friend jokingly admonished, standing up slowly. “Abigail, dear!” he called and immediately heard the thud of boots coming toward the door.

“Whatsup, Du- Gibbs! I knew you’d get here soon.” Abby hugged Gibbs fiercely in the doorway then punched him hard in his arm and scowled, daring him to complain.

“Abs!” he grunted.

“That’s for not calling Tony. How could you not talk to him everyday? He’s going through a traumatic time and he needs you! He wouldn’t even talk to me, Gibbs, and Tony always talks to me!” She hit him again as if the unfairness of it all just dawned on her. “Tony shouldn’t have to get hurt for you to pay attention to him, Gibbs.” Abby scolded, still wrapped in Gibbs arms as he walked her into the house.

“Tony’s hurt?” Gibbs gently pushed Abby aside and made his way into the house, silently looking around until his wandering eyes found Tony, struggling to rise from the huge recliner. Spenser and Derek both stood to the side and when Derek made a move to pull Tony up, it was Spenser who pulled him back just as Gibbs’s eyes darted their way in a not so subtle warning. Then Gibbs was there, pulling Tony up, eyes sweeping across his body. His fingers ghosted over Tony’s face, smoothing over the cut on his brow, Gibbs’s thumb plucked at Tony’s lip in a way that made Tony moan. He wasn’t sure if he should be angry at Gibbs or apologetic but all that changed when the gruff marine took in the bloodstained sleeve of his t-shirt.

“I’m sorry, Gibbs.” Tony’s whisper was barely audible, but Gibbs shushed him anyway, knowing exactly what Tony was trying to say. Actually, Gibbs growled, pushing Tony’s neck from side to side to see the bruises left from some nameless assailant then the shirt sleeve was forced over Tony’s shoulder and the bandages were unwrapped to reveal bruising surrounding the wound Gibbs had yet to uncover.

“Jethro! Stop undoing all my hard work. Young Anthony is fine although I’m sure you will still want to complete your personal inspection. Just don’t ruin my dressing- you’ll only make more work for yourself! And call me once you’ve… settled in,” Ducky added with a smirk, seeing where this reunion was headed. “Come, Abigail, there’s nothing for us to do here,” Ducky ordered, pulling a reluctant Abby out the door, despite her stuttered protests. The only sign that Gibbs acknowledged what Ducky said was his careful rewrap of the bandages. Then Gibbs was lifting the shirt over Tony’s pregnant belly, trying to take it off and fighting against Tony’s hands and the look of embarrassment on his bruised face.

“Wait, Gibbs!” Tony pleaded because he wasn’t sure where this strip search was going and he didn’t want to be manhandled in front of Derek and Dr. Reid. Then he laughed to himself because that was actually a pretty hot fantasy of his, but the reality made him a bit queasy. “Guys, Derek, I… I’m good, okay? I’ll call you after- later,” Tony pleaded, trying to pull his shirt down and losing the battle when Gibbs just pulled the back over Tony’s head so that there was nothing left to do but pull the shirt off Tony’s arms.

Gibbs groaned and Tony winced, knowing what his lover was seeing. The reddened bruises painting his left side and back would be deep purple in the morning and tender to the touch. Gibbs collapsed into the chair, pulling Tony towards him and caressing his belly as if trying to verify the babies were still there, moving and healthy. Somewhere, behind him, Tony knew Spenser was pushing Derek to the door and Derek resisted in his frustration. He’d been waiting to see Tony curse Gibbs or at least acknowledge the fact that Gibbs had wronged him, not fall into the arms of the silver haired fox. Derek demanded, “You gonna be alright, Tony? We can stay-“

“We’re fine!” Tony snapped, just wanting everyone gone. It was one thing for them to see him at his most vulnerable, but he refused to let anyone see Gibbs that way. “We’re alright! We’re fine, we’re fine,’ he repeated like a mantra, his words sounding more gentle and for Gibbs’s ears only as the door closed and the big engine turned over and pulled out of the driveway. “Really, Jethro. Ducky checked and both heartbeats are strong. I know it looks bad, but we’re okay.” Tony pulled Jethro’s face up by the short crop of silver hair and looked into the liquid blue eyes. Seeing the remorse there made it hard for Tony to breathe around the lump in his throat.

“I should’ve stayed, Tony.”

“You had to finish the case.”

“I should’ve called.”

“You had the probie check on me.” Tony acquiesced, knowing Gibbs was always keeping tabs on his condition.

“Should’ve done it myself,” Gibbs said, kissing Tony stomach gently then more passionately. “Should’ve taken care of you. Who’s been taking care of you, Tony?” Gibbs demanded, pulling down the sweats Tony wore and gently holding Tony’s dick to make his meaning obvious. Tony could hear the jealousy beneath Gibbs’s concern and it made him shudder in excited anticipation. He was only half hard, but the throbbing of that secret orifice was so strong and moist that he knew his thighs would be wet soon if he didn’t get vertical right now. “Who’s been taking care of this?” Gibbs demanded with a voice that would scare most as he held the base of Tony’s dick and thrust three fingers behind Tony’s balls, sending a powerful spasm through that new center of pleasure. “You’re wet,” Gibbs whispered in awe, trying to pry apart Tony’s thighs to see the source of wetness. Tony jerked back apprehensively and Gibbs gave a frustrated grunt, standing up. He adjusted himself and Tony could easily see that Gibbs was as ready as Tony was. When Gibbs stalked forward, Tony realized there was no way he was getting out of being fucked and he really didn’t want to, but he was still worried.

“Upstairs?” Tony said, staying a few feet in front of Jethro as he waddled to the staircase, concerned about the delicate new hole and how brutal a fuck Jethro was about to give him. He planned to offer his ass, but he didn’t think it would work since Jethro was already rubbing between Tony’s thighs as they made their way up to the second floor. Gibbs lost his jeans and sweatshirt as quickly as possible. From behind Tony, Gibbs slipped thick fingers below Tony’s ass until he suddenly slipped into wet warmth. “Oh! Gibbs, wait,” Tony groaned, reaching down and stilling the fingers that were busy rubbing at him.

“Aw, fuck, Tony,” Gibbs whispered at the unexpected breach, plastering his body against Tony and pushing to get to the top of the stairs and into the bedroom where he yanked back the spread and pushed Tony on the bed, crawling up after him and kicking off his socks. Gibbs attacked Tony’s mouth, biting and sucking between each wet kiss and demanding that Tony let him have his way. Tony seemed to give in, moaning in ecstasy as Gibbs’s tongue made its way down Tony’s throat to tease at his collarbone then his sensitive nipples which made Tony babble gibberish and fight hard to keep his legs closed. Then, Gibbs was pinching and scratching at the fleshy nubs and tongue fucking Tony’s belly button and Tony knew it was too late.

“Ohshitohshit,” Tony hissed, squeezing his thighs together and trembling slightly at the mini orgasm deep inside him. He knew it would roll over him like a tsunami if he allowed Gibbs to touch him down there.

“You want to come?” Gibbs asked, not realizing the Tony had already. He stroked Tony’s hard dick that only drooled a bit of precome when it had jolted to attention moments earlier. Gibbs licked at the head and then sucked, looking at Tony to gauge his reaction. “S’okay, Tony. Come for me,” Gibbs demanded, swallowing Tony down and jamming his fingers between Tony’s loose thighs. The wanton assault caught Tony off guard but he could already feel the fingers plunging into his wet hole.

‘Fuuuuck!” Tony moaned and shuddered in pleasure as his legs automatically fell wide open, begging those calloused fingers to fuck him senseless. Gibbs held Tony’s dick and balls back so he could see the moist, purple gash that swallowed two of his fingers. He pulled them out and watched it close to a mere crack as Gibbs sucked the moisture from his fingertips then put them back, rubbing and teasing that spot as Tony writhed and moaned. “You’re so wet… wetter than any pussy I’ve ever-“ and Gibbs felt Tony’s hips stutter helplessly. “You like that? You like having a wet pussy, Tony?”

“Oh, fuck yeah,” was Tony’s strangled groan. He’d dreaded the idea of growing what amounted to a vagina, but it felt so good that the thought of having a pussy now gave Tony hot and cold shivers.

“Then why’d you try to hide it from me?” Gibbs demanded, rubbing the tip of Tony’s cock as he played with the hungry hole below. Gibbs gently slapped at Tony’s balls to let him know he was still waiting for an answer. “Were you ashamed?” Gibbs interrogated him masterfully, thrusting two fingers deep and undulating them so that Tony’s thighs fell open even more, inviting Gibbs deeper. Tony squeezed his eyes shut, biting his lips in concentration.

“S’goodgoodgood! Ohgodohgod-don’tstopdon’t-Nonononono!” Tony cried, opening his eyes to plead with Gibbs who just pulled out completely and looked at him resolutely asking his question again.

“Are you ashamed?”

“No! I-It’s new and… delicate. I wanted you to… to be… gentle,” Tony whined but it turned into a moan when he felt a tongue lick him open for the first time.

“I can be gentle,” Gibbs said, bending to lick at the quivering crack again. His tongue circled the spot then flickered in the opening until Tony’s moans grew louder and louder, legs tightening around Gibbs’s head. When Tony’s hips started to pump wildly, Gibbs forced his thighs open and raised his head. Tony groaned in frustration. Gibbs just smiled, stroking Tony’s dick as he nibbled his furry thighs. “Will this still get you off?” Gibbs wondered, playing with the fat, damp, head while Tony focused on his breathing and rocking his hips.

“Yeah, just… harder…”

“But you already came and you didn’t shoot. Where’s the come, Tony?” Gibbs still asked, even though he knew. He’d read the books left by Dr. Jones and Jack Harkness or the Doctor- he wasn’t clear on just who had sent the information and… tools. He knew that Tony wouldn’t ejaculate the same, but seeing it was different from knowing the facts. It was hotter somehow to know that Tony was wet on the inside, like a woman. “Where did you come?” Gibbs asked, still playing with Tony’s dick and behind his balls as he kissed the distended belly.

“In-inside.” Tony stammered at the feel of Gibbs’s thumb rubbing over the wrinkled crack. Again thick fingers sank deep into Tony and he gasped in pleasure, squirming to get them deeper. “More, Jethro, more. Please,” until Gibbs was stroking him inside with all his fingers and quick strokes that had Tony panting then coming as warmth and wetness pooled around Gibbs’s fingers. When Gibbs pulled his hand back, Tony moaned in disappointment. “Noooo, staystaystay,” he urged, throwing one leg over Gibbs who was stretched out alongside Tony. Gibbs complied, gently stroking Tony through the aftershocks.

Tony lay on his back, clutching at Gibbs as his muscles spasmed uncontrollably around the insistent fingers. Gibbs knew several women he’d been with who’d had multiple orgasms, but he knew it was rare for men. He was still propped on one arm, looking down at Tony who was moaning and mumbling encouragement and something about ‘magic fingers’ that would’ve made Gibbs laugh if he wasn’t so turned on.

Gibbs had managed to take everything off except his boxers which were now dampened with his own precome. He knew his cock was straining against Tony’s hip, but neither of them had made a move to touch it; this was about Tony and if Tony didn’t touch him, Gibbs wasn’t going to make him. He ignored how his dick throbbed in time with Tony’s inner walls that pulsed against Gibbs’s fingers, focusing instead on his insatiable lover. Gibbs kissed Tony, occupying his mouth and putting an end to the senseless babbling. Obviously worn out, Tony still kissed like he was starving for it before relaxing into it and letting Gibbs lick and bite at his tongue and lips. By the time he’d moved on to Tony’s neck and chest, Tony was breathing so evenly that Gibbs suspected he was sleeping. The soft snore confirmed it and Gibbs chuckled, looking down to where his hand was wedged between Tony’s thighs, covered with one of Tony’s own well-manicured hands. He left his hand there, pushing his arm beneath Tony’s head and burying his nose behind Tony’s ear. They shifted until Gibbs was spooning his sleeping lover and studiously ignoring the hardness buried between their bodies.

Tomorrow, Gibbs sighed to himself and closed his eyes.
The Arrival by joblo
Author's Notes:
Gibbs longed to check on Tony, but he didn’t trust himself; if Tony asked, he’d drop everything and come home just to assuage the guilt and worry he was feeling.
~

Gibbs woke at 0400 as usual, amazed that he’d slept so long, considering it had been early evening when they went to bed. When he came out of the bathroom, he found Tony sprawled naked on the bed, rubbing his belly. “Come back to bed, Jethro.”

“Work,” was all he said, cuddling next to Tony and rubbing his belly with an easy smile.

“Mmmm, stay, Jethro. Just for a while,” Tony gave a sleepy, but entirely persuasive leer that made Gibbs rethink his resolve. “C’mon! Nobody thinks coming in after 0500 is late except you.”

“I have to go in early if you want me to come home early,” Gibbs said, kissing Tony’s temple then adding “You gonna be alright?” His tone was serious. Tony gave an annoyed sigh as he tried to heave himself off the bed. He ended up rolling to his side with a huff, groaning a bit before answering.

“Why wouldn’t I be alright? Go to work, Jethro- I know how important it is to you,” Tony added and it sounded bitter even to his own ears. He sat on the side of the bed, rubbing his face into wakefulness. Head dropped dejectedly and face in hands, Tony was shocked to feel his head pressed into gentle but firm lips at his temple.

“So are you.”

~

Tony considered the morning’s sudden tenderness all day. Tony was half awoke and surprised, oblivious to Gibbs’s slight grin as the man walked out the room, down the hall, the stairs, and out of the house. Gibbs only paused for a moment to look around. He locked the door. A few minutes later, Tony called out to Gibbs, assuming he was drinking his first cup of the day but when Tony finally inched his way downstairs he found the coffee untouched.

A month ago Tony might have resented a full pot of coffee he couldn’t touch but coffee had become his mortal enemy since ‘the monsters’ in his stomach punished him for it. Immediately and for long periods of time. Gibbs never said a word to Tony about drinking coffee; he never ordered him not to which Tony appreciated because he rarely sneaked a cup anyway. Gibbs knew that and even sympathized. Tony smiled thinking about how Gibbs would offer him sips of his own, which Tony always took eagerly- even though it was black and bitter- because the caffeine left him heady and being fed from Gibbs hand made him feel even better. When Tony’s little monsters would start to kick, Gibbs would rub Tony’s belly and talk to them to calmness. It was one of Tony’s favorite past times these days and he suspected Gibbs loved it too since he plied Tony with cheating sips every chance he got.

It was strange that Gibbs hadn’t drank the coffee, especially since he’d just closed a case so there was no reason to hurry to work his usual two hours ahead of everyone else. It made no sense to Tony who tried to go back to sleep, but couldn’t get comfortable. He tried the pillow Brina and Palmer gave him but it had stopped working three weeks ago when the twins had started their last growth spurt. Now, he knew, all that could get him to sleep was Gibbs or an orgasm and he didn’t feel up to masturbating at the moment.

The thought of sex made Tony recall the night before and how Gibbs had not allowed himself any release. Tony smirked, getting kind of hot at the idea of Gibbs punishing himself. It made him want to reward Gibbs and he spent all morning and afternoon fantasizing about how he would get Gibbs off that night. By 1600, Tony had given himself four orgasms and fucked himself with the big black dildo he kept hidden in a half packed suitcase in a downstairs closet. Tony’s body blushed with bruises of passion so that the fabric of his boxers made him sigh with pained pleasure when he moved. After his last bout with dildo, Tony made himself put it away and sit in the newly appointed den to watch the beautiful big screen, marveling at the fact that Gibbs now had the best cable package ever. He struggled through Dr. Strangelove but was too distracted to remember the lines. His crotch was damp and he was throbbing as if the newly formed birth canal was begging to be filled again.

Tony did his best to not call Gibbs all day, but gave in at 1642 when he caught himself rubbing his dick. “Gibbs? When are you coming home?” Tony almost whispered.

“Now,” Gibbs said and Tony turned around at the sound of the charger pulling into the driveway. By the time Tony hoisted himself up and made it to the door, Gibbs was walking in the house and Tony was slamming him back against the door. Tony kissed Gibbs from the side, trying to turn the stubborn man’s head so he could bite and lick at the smiling lips.

“You didn’t come last night. I’ve been thinking about ways to return the favor,” Tony said, skipping ‘hello’ and ‘how was your day?’ He ushered Gibbs to the couch, pulling the quiet man along by the hand then fondling Gibbs through his pants before kneeling on the couch and leaning over the back. “Please, Gibbs. Take it out and fuck me.”

“I won’t hurt you Tony,” but Gibbs was unzipping and surprised to find his hands were shaking. He wanted this so badly. He would have to remain in control and remind himself to be gentle but he could do that. What he couldn’t do was wait. Gibbs bumped the head of his cock at the moist crevice behind Tony’s scrotum and gasped as he pushed forward so that just the head was enveloped in that tight heat. Holding Tony’s insistent hips still, Gibbs inched in, ignoring Tony’s pleas.

“Oh, oh God, Gibbs. Please! I can take it, I swear.” Gibbs still took his time, finding just the right angle then giving short little jabs which grew longer and stronger. When Tony lifted one knee to the back of the couch and reached down to fondle himself, Gibbs slammed into him in a controlled move that had Tony panting and stuttering, “Y-yeah, just like that. D-don’t stop.” In no time he had Tony coming with a grunt and a shudder, still whispering encouragement. Tony gave no signs of stopping, twisting his hips and fucking himself on Gibbs’s dick even faster. “C’mon! Come for me Gibbs. Come.”

“Plenty time for that,” Gibbs grunted, maintaining his pace and gritting his teeth to stifle his groans of pleasure.

~

Tony slept soundly, legs entwined in Gibbs’s own, like a blanket of warm skin. As was his habit, Gibbs woke before dawn, but today, he tarried, rubbing Tony’s huge belly and placing a tender kiss on Tony’s sweaty temple before extracting himself from the tangle of limbs.

“Mnn, noooo, don’t leave,” Tony begged, groping for Gibbs who moved far too fast for his fifty plus years. Tony moaned his admonishments and Gibbs smiled at the nonsensical ramblings of his half sleep partner. Ten minutes later Gibbs was dressed, sitting on the crumpled sheets and leaning over Tony whose face was buried in the pillow he clutched like a lover. Tony opened one eye and pouted. “You’re leaving.”

“I’ll be back. Early even. You think you’ll feel like company? I was going to have the team over and fire up the grill,” Gibbs suggested, knowing Tony had been lonely the past few days. “You might not get another chance to entertain any time soon,” he smiled, rubbing Tony’s stomach meaningfully. Tony couldn’t hide his excitement at the mention of company. His lips twisted into a shy smile and he acquiesced, kissing Gibbs for a few seconds before letting the man get away.

“You’re still not off the hook for denying me morning sex,’ Tony insisted, his legs capturing Gibbs in a vice grip.

“Don’t want to be,” Gibbs smirked, returning Tony’s amorous attentions with little nips of teeth to Tony’s jaw and neck and collarbone. He rubbed against Tony in a way that made the man moan in appreciation and beg for more.

“Please, Jethro. Just a few minutes,” Tony whined, reaching out to feel if Gibbs was as aroused as he was. “I can help you with that,” he murmured but Gibbs just pulled away.

“The sooner I get there, the sooner I can leave.” Gibbs smiled, giving Tony a final kiss and unhooking Tony’s ankles before slipping away.

“Did you at least call Martha? “ Tony demanded in a huff of frustration. When Gibbs didn’t answer, clearly trying to decide how best to extricate himself from the impending argument before it started, Tony went on. “You know, the English lady with the cute accent, she’s like a doctor for the international x-files or something-“

“I remember and no, I haven’t called her but I will. I just don’t want you to get your hopes up, Tony; she’s a busy woman,” Gibbs warned, walking out of the room.

“Don’t worry, Gibbs. I’m used to disappointment,” Tony, scowled, reaching down to take care of himself. After a cursory stroke and poke, he regrettably decided it just didn’t feel the same. Tony scooted to the edge of the bed then rolled over until he could plant his feet on the floor and push himself into a sitting position. “Shit!” he griped, holding the sudden cramp in his side. “What the hell is that? Gas?” he demanded between gritted teeth. Tony sat panting for a short while on the bed, listening for Gibbs footfalls in foyer. He heard the door shut and lock (which still managed to make him smile because suddenly, Gibbs had something to keep safe) and then the charger revved to life and Gibbs was gone. Tony almost sobbed at how much he hurt but within seconds, the pain was gone too, leaving Tony thankful that he hadn’t bothered to call Gibbs back. If Gibbs was determined to leave, Tony refused to beg for what his boss obviously wasn’t willing to give. He was a big boy, he told himself, and he could wait for Gibbs to come home.

~

Gibbs had been working over an hour when McGee walked into the still empty bullpen. The young agent carried three coffees and a cardboard cup holder and had a jaunt in his step that clearly said he was in a good mood.

“Morning, boss,” he said, placing a steaming cup of coffee in front of Gibbs who nodded in thanks but kept perusing the file he’d been flipping through. Ziva marched in thirty minutes later, just barely making it to her desk by 0700hours, flouncing down and banging on her computer to check her emails. She eyed the cup of tea sitting on her desk.

“Thank you, Tim,” she smiled belatedly, getting up to take it to the microwave in the break room. She returned to a stack of case files on her desk, perilously teetering to one side. “These are cases that are cold, yes?” She asked, not quite hiding the disgust in her tone. Gibbs ignored it, focused on clearing the case files stacked on his desk- twice as much as McGee or David had. He didn’t worry; he could work twice as fast as the others. Well, maybe not McGee, Gibbs thought. Still, he would do Tony’s share too because Gibbs wasn’t about to let anyone say that his team was slacking off because of Tony.

The morning stretched on like a battlefield surgery without anesthetics and Gibbs found himself thinking about Tony sitting at home alone, waiting for Gibbs to return. He knew he’d left Tony in a snit, and wondered how the hot tempered Italian was feeling. Normally, Tony didn’t hold a grudge, at least not against Gibbs. But lately, hormone changes and the stress of pregnancy had made Tony a different person. Gibbs longed to check on Tony, but he didn’t trust himself; if Tony asked, he’d drop everything and come home just to assuage the guilt and worry he was feeling.

Instead, he went to Abby. Gibbs knew if anyone could be counted on to look after Tony, it was Abigail Scuito. “Headed to Abby’s lab,” he said, popping up like a jack-in-the-box and zipping towards the elevators which he passed in favor of the stairs even though his knees would be killing him. McGee and David look a bit startled, but had no chance to eyeball their boss since he’d disappeared around the corner before they noticed he was leaving.

“That was weird,” Ziva muttered, searching McGee’s eyes for an explanation.

“I think Gibbs is a little nervous about his expected guests.”

“His…? Ah, yes; I am sure it is more than a little disconcerting. Can you imagine Tony as a father? Gibbs will certainly have his work chopped out for him,” she sympathized so earnestly that McGee hid his smirk at her botched figure of speech.

“I just hope everything goes smoothly. I’m not really worried though-“

“No? Why is that?”

“Because Gibbs is a great father and he’s faithful enough to stand by Tony. I wouldn’t be surprised if those kids end up calling Gibbs daddy,” McGee smiled wistfully, thinking about how happy fatherhood would make Gibbs.

~
Riotous music reverberated throughout the room while Abby’s head nodded with the bass. She was so engrossed in filling the pipettes that she almost fell off her stool when she felt the whispered words breathed against her neck. “You busy, Abs?”

“Don’t do that, Gibbs! Why are you here? You got something for me? What do you need?” Abby bounced around cheerfully after recouping from her sudden fear.

“Take a long lunch. Go check on Tony for me, will ya?”

“Of course, Gibbs. I’m just running tests, you know, regulating major mass-spec. He’s been a little bitchy lately. I’d love to go see Tony. So how’s he been? He’s due any day now, right?”

“Soon. He’s a little nervous. Keeps talking about wanting Dr. Jones to be there. Gotta remember to call her before I leave work today.”

“You do that, Gibbs. I’ll bring Tony lunch! What should I bring? Last time I brought a pie, but Ducky said it would give him heartburn. What will he eat, bossman?”

“Get him soup and a sandwich from that deli around the corner; Tony’ll eat anything.” Gibbs smiled, feeling a little better knowing than Tony would have company, if only for a little while until he could, in good conscience, leave work. “Thank you, Abby.” He sighed, kissing her temple and slipping out of her lab quietly. Abby just gave a knowing smile and quickly finished her test; she had someplace to be.

~

Abby skipped up the driveway, ran up the stairs, and jumped on the porch, twisting the door knob until she realized a new lock had been installed.

“Drat!” she cursed, knocking on the door like a cop. She waited a couple minutes then knocked again. “Tony! Waddle faster, mister,” she yelled gleefully, jumping up and down. Abby placed her ear on the door and listened closely. Then she walked around the house to peer into the windows which showed her no action in the house. The deck out back was empty and the doors were locked shut but Tony’s car was parked in the front and Abby knew Gibbs had forbidden Tony to drive it anywhere last week. “He’s gotta be here,” Abby muttered to herself as she dialed the house number for the third time. “Pickuppickuppickup, Tony!” Abby pleaded, hoping against all hope that she wouldn’t have to call Gibbs and tell him Tony was, yet again, missing. She walked back to the front of the house, wondering if she should ask the neighbors or canvas the block. “Did you go for a walk, Tony?” Abby whined.

“Abby? Oh thank god! Abby! Help me,” a voice came from somewhere over her head and Abby turned around in circles, looking at the trees in confusion.

“Where are you, Tony? I’m coming,” she promised, unsure of how she’d get there, but certain she would.

“Upstairs! Hurry!” Tony moaned sounding desperate and Abby flew into action.

“Don’t worry, Tony, I’ll be right there. Don’t try to move- I’ll call G-“

“No! Nonononono, please, just come. Owowow!” Abby ran to the front door, almost tripping over her platforms as she skipped three steps and pulled out her lock picking tools. In seconds she was in the door, running up the stairs screaming, I’m coming, Tony! I’m coming!” When she arrived in the bedroom, Tony was splayed on the floor between the newly installed flatscreen and the chest which sat at the foot of the huge bed, his back half supported by the custom made chest that double as a bench. He was naked and barely covered by a huge disaster of a terry cloth robe that was stained with sweat and something else. “Oh no, Tony, what happened? Did you fall and you couldn’t get up? How long have you been down here? Oh wow, are you in labor? Of course you are… aren’t you?” Abby’s barrage of questions both frustrated and comforted Tony who was unable to answer any of them, but very glad he wasn’t alone.

“I-I don’t know. I think so?”

“Oh my, Tony, why didn’t you call Gibbs?”

“’Cause this morning I was mad at him and I thought it was just a bad cramp. I thought it was gas or something and my back has been bothering me for weeks now. I knew I was in pain but I didn’t start to suspect anything until all this water gushed out about thirty minutes ago. By then, I figured I’d wait because he usually calls at lunch or stops by-“

“Well, he sent me, Mister ‘I don’t need to call Gibbs’ and I’m calling Gibbs. And Ducky. And getting you over to Ducky’s so you can deliver these babies,” Abby decided, watching the way Tony was sweating and making a grimace. His whole body went taut with pain and one hand fisted in the tangled sheets half fallen off the bed. “That, Tony, was a contraction,” Abby announced when Tony’s face relaxed and his panting had calmed a bit. “Let’s get you up, before another one hits. After a few attempts, she wrangled Tony up and seated him on the footlocker while she gathered his things. “C’mon,” she said, prompting him to put his feet in the clean pair of sweats she found for him.

“Wait. I need a shower!”

“How far apart are those contractions?”

“Maybe every fifteen minutes?”

“Well, maybe we need to get to Ducky’s. If there’s time, you can take a shower there,” Abby ruled, ignoring Tony’s pout. She slung his go bag over her shoulder and helped him down the stairs and out of the house. “Back seat, Tony,” because Abby’s hearse had a wonky passenger side seatbelt and there was no way she’d let Tony ride without being strapped in. It was a good thing since Abby Scuito’s perfect Driver’s Test score was totally dishonored by her shameful speeding and running yellow lights. She even ignored a couple stop signs and growled when she had to slam on the brakes in the school zone. With the lunch hour rush, it took almost an hour to get to Georgetown and there was only one car sitting in the driveway when Abby pulled up.

“Hey!” Abby greeted the middle aged woman in scrubs who carried two huge bags of equipment. “Ducky’s not here yet, huh?” She was a petite redhead with hazel eyes and an easy smile, even as she glanced over at her patient who was more than a little winded.

Dr. Mallard called me forty-five minutes ago, but I imagine the drive from the Navy yard is hectic at this time of day. Hi, Tony. You alright? I know we’ve only met once, but let me take a look at you,” she said, dropping her bags and coming over to where Tony was leaning against the front of Ducky’s house. She listened to his heart and the babies with her stethoscope and asked a few questions about the contractions and the last time her ate. “Nothing at all today?” She asked again in a calm voice, just to verify.

“I-I was supposed to bring him lunch but when I got there he was in labor, nurse-“

“Please, call me Julia-“

“Nurse Julia, should I get something for Tony to eat?”

“No Ms. Scuito, its fine. Actually, many doctors and maternity wards restrict eating during labor- especially those considered high risk, but Tony has signs of hypoglycemia and dehydration. I’d like to get him at least an IV, so…” Julia motioned with her head to the door as she made sure Tony was able to stand then made for her bags.

“Well, I don’t have a key. I thought you had the key, nurse Julia,” Abby shrieked, wringing her hands and pacing back and forth in front of the door.

“First, calm down. I’m sure Dr. Mallard will be here shortly. Meanwhile, let’s make daddy comfortable-“

“Forget that! I’m picking the lock,” Abby said and Tony gave her a thankful look as he panted through another contraction. He groaned, grabbed his stomach and hit the brick face of the colonial as Abby thought better of her plan. “You know what? I think I’ll break into the back; this is a busy street. Wait here.” Less than two minutes later they heard an alarm which only sounded for five seconds before it abruptly stopped then Abby was opening the front door. “Brinks. I’ve been bypassing them since I was eleven and Louis dared me to break into the neighbor’s plantation home to steal his confederate army knife for our time capsule.” Abby grabbed Tony from where he leaned against the door jamb and ushered them into the foyer.

“This way,” Julia said, leading them to a room towards the back of the house. After ten minutes, Tony was resting in the delivery bed, sitting up and getting an IV while he flirted with the pretty nurse.

“C’mon, nurse Julia- I know you find this sexy,” he leered, gesturing to his huge belly and swollen feet.

“Why Mr. Dinozzo! What would Gibbs say?”

“Nothing. He’d just shoot ya,” came the quiet answer from the door.

“Gibbs!” Abby clapped her hands excitedly from behind him. “How’d you get in here?” But Gibbs only had eyes for Tony who stared at him in relief and took a big sigh, deflating into the bed as if he was done being strong.

“With a key. How’d you get in, Abby?” Gibbs said but his eyes were talking to Tony. He stood at the door like he wasn’t sure if he should come in. He thought about how he’d missed Kelly’s birth because he was stationed in Panama. He should’ve been back but he was MIA for two months after being shot and nursed to health by a local woman he later helped to immigrate. Leroy Jethro Gibbs had never been afraid of much, but he was afraid of watching Shannon endure so much pain. After watching his mother die, he couldn’t stand to see people he loved in pain. He could hear Abby jabbering behind him but he had no idea what she was saying. He saw Tony’s lips move though.

“Come here, Gibbs,” Tony said, holding out his hand as the nurse finished the IV.

“I tried to call when I heard, but you didn’t answer your phone,” Gibbs said.

“I left it at ho… Abby said you kept calling, but she was already driving worse than Ziva-“

“Hey, mister!”

“Well, you were! And she said I was whining and groaning so much it’d freak you out, so…”

“So how’s it going, Tony?” Gibbs asked and Tony almost laughed at how awkward Gibbs looked.

“Okay, I guess. Nurse Julia doesn’t seem concerned. In fact, she just said I’m fine,” Tony’s eyebrows wiggled suggestively and Gibbs smiled at the nurse who made a point of making sure her wedding ring was prominently displayed as she winked at the older man. Gibbs exhaled and turned back to Tony who was still talking.

“…makes Sears menswear look hotter than you, but, really, I think you should relax. Make yourself comfo-Oh! Ahhhh! I’m never going to get used to this,” he grunted, fisting the sheets and squeezing his eyes shut.

“Another one? That’s pretty close, Tony. Remember to breathe through it,” Julia reminded Tony who had the tendency to hold his breath when the pain hit. She gave Gibbs a warning glare that reminded him of Shannon’s resolute stare which he never agued with. When Julia stood behind him and pulled on his coat, Gibbs let it fall away. She came back with scrubs. “It’s a messy process; you should probably change.”

“You’re staying right? Please don’t make me do this alone,” Tony begged and Gibbs couldn’t help but give his love exactly what he wanted.

“I’m here, Tony. Just let me change before the next contraction. Abby will be here until I get back.”

“Hurry,” Tony sniffed, dropping his head to the bed and catching his breath as he began to dread the next cramp. When it came, Gibbs was just walking in with Ducky and had just made it to Tony’s side when a vice grip clamped his arm and squeezed tight enough to make Gibbs wince. But he didn’t; he remembered Julia’s words and told Tony to breathe.

“You’ve got to breathe through it, Tony. That’s better,” he encouraged, looking up to Ducky or Julia for direction but they were busy monitoring vital signs and doing important looking things so Gibbs just turned back around. Ducky was seated on a stool between Tony’s legs, gloved and attentive as the contraction stopped. Tony released Gibbs forearm but grabbed his hand when he felt the gloved intrusion.

“Ow, Ducky! What the hell?”

“I’m just checking your progress, lad. And good news; you’re in active labor!”

“I could’ve told you that!” Tony groaned, trying to shift his body to a more comfortable position as he rested before the next contraction.

“Yes, well, I had to be sure since we don’t know how long you’ve been in labor. Actually, how long have you been having contractions, Tony?”

Tony looked at Gibbs stealthily, hoping he wasn’t rapt with attention as usual before he answered. “I had a little pain last night, but I thought the cramps were just gas… or something,” he added, not wanting to say that he wasn’t surprised to feel a little pain after the wild sex he’d been having since he made up with Gibbs. “It didn’t start to really hurt until early this morning when I got up, but it went away, so I thought I was good.”

“You got up when I was leaving.” Gibbs said and it wasn’t a question so Tony guiltily ignored his own need to give a response. He knew he should’ve called Gibbs back, but he wasn’t about to defend his position. “Why didn’t you tell me?” Gibbs demanded.

“Would it have made a difference?”

“Of course, Tony. I wouldn’t have left you in labor. I asked if you’d be alright-“

“And I was, so you can stop feeling guilty; I wanted you gone!” Tony bit out between gritted teeth as the next contraction came. Gibbs tried to stand up and pull away but this time, Tony grabbed his hand so tightly Gibbs’s knuckles protested with loud cracks. Gibbs just smiled, happy to endure the painful penance.

“Ah. They are much closer than I thought, young Anthony-“

“That means it’s almost over, right?”

“Yes, yes; you are nearing the end. Rest now. You should have a few minutes before the next contraction.

3 hours later

Tony was despondent and exhausted. He turned his head away from the people in the room and forgot about holding back the tears. Abby and Julia closely monitored the equipment, but were careful to leave Tony alone. He’d become frustrated and angry hours ago when he began having the uncontrollable urge to push and Ducky told him it was too soon since he wasn’t dilated enough. After the third time Ducky told Tony to ‘breathe through it,” he was summarily cursed by the father-to-be and uninvited to all subsequent baby birthdays. Dr. Mallard let his nurse deliver his instructions from that point on.

Gibbs had stepped out after Tony exploded about his not getting Martha to come back and help with the delivery. Gibbs thought it was counter-productive to point out that Martha had never seen a male pregnancy delivery since Tony needed somewhere to focus his anger. Soon, Tony fell silent and almost dozed off with Gibbs sitting next to him, rubbing his back and telling him stories about Stillwater. When Tony closed his eyes, Gibbs patted his hand then slipped away to find and corner Ducky.

He searched the house, steering clear of any occupied rooms after determining Ducky was not there. Finally, he heard his old friend’s gait coming down the hall and he slipped from the study to catch Ducky before he disappeared again. “Tell me what’s going on.” He demanded in the hallway, just out of earshot of the great room where Ziva, Tim, and now Spenser and Derek sat anxiously.

“Jethro, the baby is doing fine, Anthony’s vital signs are good and the pregnancy is progressing normally-“ Ducky assured him, a bit exasperated by Gibbs’s menacing glare.

“How is any of this normal, Duck? He doesn’t seem to be progressing at all!”

“Yes, well, he can push as soon as he’s fully dilated and not before-“

“You said that three hours ago!”

“And I’ll say it three hours from now. The baby won’t have enough space to fit through the birth canal if we move too early. I know it is difficult to see Anthony in such a state, but such is the reality of childbirth, Jethro-“

“Dr. Mallard? It’s time,” Julia smiled, sticking her head into the hallway.

When Jethro and Ducky walked back into the room, it was just as they’d left it; dimmed lights, monitors beeping, and Tony turned on his side facing the wall. Tony’s leg was shaking and Gibbs, recognizing this as a contraction, hurried to Tony’s side. Tony’s tears spilled freely and Gibbs grabbed his hand until it passed then wiped the sweat and tears from his face. He kissed Tony’s head, whispering encouragement but Tony remained quiet with his eyes closed until he felt intrusive fingers entering him,

“Julia tells me you are ready to push, Tony,” Ducky said with too much cheer.

“I was ready three hours ago,” he gritted out, too angry to even look at Ducky. Ducky, who knew better than to be offended, continued to give instructions.

“Yes, well, now that your baby is ready too, let us start to push with the next contraction, shall we? If you’re comfortable on your side, that is fine.” When the contraction came, Ducky allowed Julia to direct Tony since he seemed to respond to her better.

“Tony, listen, deep breath in then push for four seconds on the exhale. Let’s go: breathe… and PUUUUUSH! Good job, Tony. Catch your breath,” she smiled, patting him on the arm and winking at Gibbs who was ready to make himself useful. After three more tries with Gibbs telling him to push, Tony was restless and wanted to move. They pulled up the birth bar which he endured for several more pushes until his arms couldn’t take it anymore. Eventually, Tony found himself sitting up with Gibbs behind him to hold him upright as he pushed. Tony gave no more complaints about his position, burying his face in Gibbs’s neck between pushes as Gibbs rubbed his belly in soothing circles.

“Don’t touch me!” Tony snapped, yanking Gibbs’s hands away from him while still leaning against him like a body pillow. I can’t do it anymore,” Tony whined against Gibbs’s chin, falling back in a drained out huff.

“C’mon, babies. We’re waiting for you. Your daddy wants to see you,” Gibbs coaxed more for Tony than for the babies. “You’re almost there, Tony. You’re so close. C’mon,” Gibbs said because Tony was beginning to shake and tense and Gibbs could feel the contraction starting, “breathe … and PUUUUUSH!”

“Something’s wrong! It burns!” Tony yelled suddenly and Gibbs looked at Ducky who was focused too low to make eye contact, but Julia just smiled and answered his unspoken question.

“Everything’s okay. The baby is crowning, Tony. It burns because you’re stretching but once you get the head out, you’ll be okay. One more push-“

“I can’t, I can’t, I can’t. Just pull it out- It hurts! Where are the drugs? You’re supposed to give me drugs, dammit!” Tony screamed, becoming hysterical until he felt a sharp tap to his head.

“Hey! You’re gonna push that head out. You can do this. Now take a deep breath…” Tony knew the drill, so he pushed until he heard a pop. He moaned in relief, his breath hitching and sobs filling the room.

“Good lad! The hard part is over; one more push and he’ll be out, Anthony,” Ducky smiled and Tony fought to calm his breathing then he pushed. This time, Tony felt relief as the baby slid out into the waiting hands. “Oh my! Look at you! You have a beautiful boy!” Ducky exclaimed as Julia clamped the cord and handed the scissors to Gibbs who looked at Tony questioningly.

“Well, I sure as hell can’t do it,” he smiled in relief. After, the baby was scrubbed down a bit and suctioned before Julia handed it over to Tony after hearing the first powerful wail. “It’s okay, baby. You’re looking for your daddy,” she said, placing him on Tony’s chest. Tony cradled the baby and stared in awe.

“Hey, buddy,” he whispered then looked at Gibbs and said, “that’s my kid!” Before he started crying and couldn’t say anything else. He held the sleeping baby for a while until he felt another contraction and Julia took the baby from Tony’s arms. This time, the pushing was easier. When they Told Tony to push, he followed directions without complaint but seemed a bit concerned.

“I feel kind of numb and tingly down there… Is that okay? I-I-I think… it’s weird,” Tony panted, not sure how to explain the feeling.

“That’s alright, Anthony, just push the head out and you’ll be fine,” Ducky encouraged, knowing Tony wasn’t in pain.

“Ohgod! Ohgodohgodohgod,” Tony grunted between pushes and felt the huge release as his second child came pushing into Ducky’s capable hands. The tight grip on Gibbs’s scrubs was par for the course, but there was something a little different in the way Tony gave that final push and how his eyes rolled back into his head before he relaxed totally and went out like a light. Everything was handled while Tony slept peacefully and Gibbs pondered how Tony seemed to be in the throes of passion just before he fainted. Gibbs watched Julia scrub the babies and weigh them. He paid close attention to her actions, listening for the little cries of annoyance while standing next to Ducky and demanding information as usual.

“What just happened, Duck?”

“Oh, I think your instincts are as sharp as ever, Jethro,” Ducky smiled, checking monitors and going on with his work. “As he said, he was numb after the first babe; all he could feel was the sensation of pushing the second infant through the birth canal which, need I remind you, is mostly made of his prostate gland thinly stretched out.” Duck chuckled at the shocked look on Gibbs face because he understood how weird it was that Tony just had an orgasm during childbirth, but he thought better of harping on the fact. He pushed Gibbs over to hold the babies until Tony awoke.

When it was all over, Tony held both babies to his chest, grinning dazedly and mumbling to himself about future porn stars when Dr. Mallard asked if he’d chosen a name. “He’s Dallas and she’s Dixon. Any ideas for a middle name, Boss?”

“You wanna name them after you? One name from each of their parents might be good.”

“Dallas Anthony DiNozzo,” Tony tried the name out, making an unsatisfied grimace. “I think the legacy can end with me.” Tony smiled, rubbing Dallas’s arm, totally enthralled by the twins.

“I was thinking more along the lines of Tonio and Tonia, maybe…” Gibbs said, staring at the infants along with their father.

“Oh. Well, that sounds good. But I was thinking Dallas Shannon DiNozzo maybe… and Dixon Kelly… if that’s alright with you, Boss?” Tony whispered, sparing a glance at Gibbs who was silent for a few seconds before acknowledging the gift. He leaned over to place a gentle kiss on Tony’s head and sighed before finding his voice.

“I’d like that, Tony,” was all Gibbs was able to say. Julia and Dr. Mallard slipped out to make the official announcement.
This story archived at http://www.ncisfiction.com/viewstory.php?sid=3965