A Christmas Story--part 2 by jackilee71
Summary: Tony’s response to Bethany’s and Nova’s letter. This is in response to “A Christmas Story’-chapter 4.
Categories: Gen Characters: Anthony DiNozzo
Genre: Alternate Universe, Angst, Drabble/Ficlet/Vignette, Holiday, Humor
Pairing: None
Warnings: None
Challenges:
Series: None
Chapters: 1 Completed: Yes Word count: 608 Read: 3813 Published: 12/30/2010 Updated: 12/30/2010
Story Notes:
This was not requested by any comments. I just felt inspired to write it. (PS. If you have requested this be written, I have not read the email yet, so forgive me.)

1. A Christmas Story--part 2 by jackilee71

A Christmas Story--part 2 by jackilee71
Author's Notes:
Tony’s response to Bethany’s and Nova’s letter. This is in response to “A Christmas Story’-chapter 4.
Tony began typing rapidly. He had a lot to say and his fingers could not move fast enough for him to get it all out.


My Girls,

I too wish you a very Merry Christmas. I am really glad you two liked your gifts. (Teenagers are sooo hard to buy for, LOL.) It is hard to believe it has been 7 years. I remember the day clearly when two little girls stole my heart.

I am glad I inspired you to sing, Bethany. That is the best complement I could have received. I love to sing. I remember singing always. My mom encouraged me and it’s so fun for me. It comes as naturally as breathing. Of course, it helped immensely when people told me I had a nice voice.

I loved playing ‘tea party’ with the two of you. I have told you a little about my childhood, so as you know, it was not the happiest. That time gave me a tiny glimpse into what a normal childhood might look like. It was really nice. I think my co-workers and boss got a big kick out of it too. (They took pictures of me in the boa and crown.) They laughed heartily afterwards. I think they were posted on Utube, though I searched and never found them.

I am grateful to you and the Ellises for allowing me to be such a big part of your lives. I was very honored when you asked me if you could call me ‘Uncle Tony.’ I love being invited to recitals and practices and games. I love just being included. I had no idea that two little girls would change my life so dramatically 7 years ago. My heart just went out to you two, so scared, so alone. I am so sorry for the hell you two had to go through at such a young age. It is so unfair to have to endure that, at any age. I was glad to be able to help you through it.

You asked me, Nova, why I didn’t take you and keep you myself. I wanted to, sooo much. I just couldn’t. Social services would have never seen me as a suitable parent for any child, much less two children so young. I had three big, huge strikes against me. First was my job, police officer is a high-risk career. Second, I was and am a single police officer, double whammy. And third my lifestyle, I was living more like a reckless college kid. You needed a responsible, mature adult. I was so far from that, even at that age. I wanted you two. I don’t want you to ever think I didn’t want to take care of you. I did. I just was not ready.

You deserved good parents and you got great ones. I know your mom and dad loved you. But I know the Ellises love you, too. I can tell by the way they talk to you and about you. You two have brought a lot of joy to their lives. You have brought much love and joy to mine also.

I love you both, my Christmas Angels:

Uncle Tony


Tony reread his letter. Satisfied, he hit Send.

Bethany opened her email. She read as Nova read over her shoulder. They both wiped their eyes after reading and sent a certain picture they had found on Utube to their favorite uncle.

THE END
End Notes:
This was not requested by any comments. I just felt inspired to write it. (PS. If you have requested this be written, I have not read the email yet, so forgive me.)
This story archived at http://www.ncisfiction.com/viewstory.php?sid=3974