Step Mum by katetodd4eva
Summary: Nothing is harder then bringing up a teenage daughter,especially if your a thrice divorced dad.That's why you need a woman around.
Categories: Gibbs/Kate Characters: Kate Todd, Leroy Jethro Gibbs
Genre: Alternate Universe, Established relationship, Friendship
Pairing: Gibbs/Kate
Warnings: None
Challenges:
Series: None
Chapters: 4 Completed: No Word count: 10948 Read: 9402 Published: 01/26/2011 Updated: 06/13/2011
Story Notes:
This came to me while watching the movie 'Chasing Liberty' which Mark Harmon (Gibbs) has a 18 year old daughter.I thought it fit well.

I know what its like to have a step mum, thankfully she isn't an 'evil' step mum, but i made Kate what i would have wanted my step mum to be like.

1. Step Mum by katetodd4eva

2. Christmas Eve by katetodd4eva

3. Introduction by katetodd4eva

4. Maybe Baby by katetodd4eva

Step Mum by katetodd4eva
Author's Notes:
Nothing is harder then bringing up a teenage daughter,especially if your a thrice divorced dad.That's why you need a woman around.
Kate is at her desk, biting on her thumb nail. She had finished her paperwork half an hour ago and was now racking her brain trying to put together a shopping list. Tony looked up and saw the pained expression on her face.
“Writing a break-up letter, Kate?” he snickered leaning back in his chair.
“No, shopping list actually” she replied. Tony was about to reply when a young woman with light brown hair started coming their way.
“Would you check her out? What I wouldn’t give to be 21 again” he said, still staring at the brunette. Kate shook her head at Tony’s comment and turned to see who he was talking about. Kate froze as the young brunette came to a stop in front of her desk.
“We need to talk” she said quickly.
“Uh” Kate stammered and looked over at Tony, who was now paying close attention to their conversation.
“Come with me” Kate finally said stepping out from behind her desk, grabbed the brunettes hand and dragged her to the ladies room.
“ Keel, what are you doing here? You know you father want you nowhere near here” Kate started.
“ I know n dim sorry, but I need some help and it couldn’t wait ‘til you got home” Kelly started to explain. Kate went to reply but Kelly cut her off.
“ And over the phone was not an option”. Kate let out a sigh.
“ Ok, you have my attention”. Kelly dug into her bag and pulled out her iPhone and handed it to Kate.
“ It’s from Josh. It’s our one year anniversary this weekend and he is…ready” Kelly tried to explain. Kate finished reading the message.
“ I see. I’m guessing the reason you are here is that your still a “.
“ Yes. It hasn’t been a big thing for me until now and I’m still not sure if I’m ready” Kelly told her openly. They had only known each other for a year and six months, but they are so open with each other.
“ Oh honey it’s hard to know” Kate was interrupted by the door opening and an agent came in.
“ I think this should wait til we get home” Kate said noting their not so private room.
“ But you get home so late and he wants an answer tonight”.
“ Well, if I can convince my boss, I’ll leave early” Kate said ushering Kelly out of the ladies room.
“ Believe me he doesn’t need much convincing when it comes to you Kate” Kelly said with a grin.
“ Just how much does he tell you?”.
***
“ That’s her. The brunette with Kate” tony said standing up and pointing to the elevator. Both Gibbs and McGee turned to look at who Tony was talking about. Gibbs’ whole body froze.
“ She is very pretty” McGee commented. They watched Kate hug the brunette before she stepped into the elevator. Kate made her way back to the bull pen slowly, very aware of the three sets of eyes on her.
“ So who was that?” Tony said with a grin.
“ My niece and no she is not available” Kate said.
“ I didn’t ask” he defended himself.
“ But you were thinking it” McGee chimed in.
“ Probie, no one asked you” Tony said. Gibbs stepped forward.
“ Kate”. Kate turned to face him.
“ Everything ok?” he asked. Kate smiled.
“ Everything is fine Gibbs. But I do have to leave early”.
“ Why?” he shot back.
“ Because she needs some advice and I get home to late. She needs my help by tonight” Kate said, still with a smile.
“ Help her with what?” Gibbs pushed.
“ Well that’s private. So four is ok with you” Kate finished and sat down at her desk. She tried to ignore the stares she received, but the silence was deafening.
“ What?” she suddenly asked.
“ Nothing” the three men said in unison before going back to their desks. Gibbs gave Kate one more look before finally taking his seat.
*4:30pm*
“ Kelly” Kate called as she closed the door behind her,
“ In my room” came her reply. Kate took her coat and shoes off then made her way down the hall and found Kelly lying on her bed. Kate entered and sat on the side of the bed.
“ I told you dad will give you whatever you want” Kelly said with a laugh as she sat up.
“ I never doubted you. Now I’m guessing you have some questions” Kate started. Kelly nodded.
“ How old were you when you lost your virginity?” she asked. Kate gave a small laugh.
“ 17”.
“ But I thought you went to a Catholic school”.
“ I did. After a while my friends and I got bored with following the rules. We went to party’s and snuck into clubs. I loved to have fun” Kate said with a smile at the memories.
“ Do you regret it?” Kelly asked seriously.
“ No. Although we had been drinking we took it slow and we remembered it the next day. I don’t even remember his name” Kate looked at Kelly who still looked confused.
“ Kel, what I say cannot help you. You need to ask yourself, do you love him?”. Kelly was silent for a moment.
“ Yes”.
“ Is he pressuring you into doing this?”.
“ No. He only suggested it. He has never once done anything that I haven’t wanted. He didn’t want to rush things like everyone else”.
“ Have you ever had a reason not to trust him?”.
“ Never. He calls me every night to say goodnight and dad likes him so that a good thing” they both laughed. Gibbs was very protective, especially of his daughter. If he didn’t like one of her friends or the guy she was dating, she knew there was a good reason why and she eventually found out why.
“ The best thing for you to do is talk to him. See what he has planned and talk about how you feel, then you can make up your mind” Kate told her. Kelly nodded.
“ Ok”. Kate gave her a hug.
“ Now, you call Josh and I will find something for diner. When you’re done come find me and tell me all about it” Kate told her with a bright smile. Kate was about to get up from the bed but Kelly stopped her.
“ Kate wait”.
“ What is it?” she asked concerned that there was another problem. Kelly took a deep breath.
“ I just wanted thank you. For everything. For making my dad happy and for being here for me” Kelly said. She looked up at Kate and could see the starts of tears in her eyes.
“ Kel, why do you have to be so sweet” Kate said as she brought Kelly in for a big hug.
“ I really mean it Kate. You’re like my second mum and I can’t thank you enough for being here for me and my dad” Kelly kept saying, the words just spilling out of her mouth. She really did like Kate but never got around to telling her.
“ You don’t need to thank me. I love being here with you and your dad and I wouldn’t change a thing. You and Jet are the best things that has ever happened to me” Kate tells her taking Kelly into another hug. She finally pulled back.
“ Now you call your boyfriend and when you’re done I want all the details, ok?” she said with a smile. Kelly nodded with a little chuckle.
“ Of course”. Kate left, closing the door behind her. She took a deep breath and exhaled trying to calm herself. If it wasn’t for her complete self-control she would have cried her heart out at Kelly’s words. She made her way to the kitchen to get a start on diner, if there was any food left in the house as she didn’t get around to doing the shopping. She grabbed some chicken breast out of the freezer and some potatoes from the cupboard. She check the fridge and found enough vegetables for a small salad.
“ Crumbed chicken and potato bake it is” she says to herself. She thaws out the chicken and is about to crumb it when her phone rings. She checks the caller ID ‘Jet’.
“ Hey you” she greets happily.
“ Is everything ok?” he asks.
“ Everything is fine. Are you on your way home yet?” she asks piling the potatoes into the sink ready to be washed.
“ Yeah I’m leaving now. Do you need anything?” he asks. He wouldn’t normally ask, but ever since Kate moved in he has changed his ways. Living with a teenage daughter was great but having another woman in the house is even better. There is just so much love in the house.
“ Uh, could you grab some milk, bread and maybe something to drink” she asks.
“ Sure. Be home soon”.
“ Love you”.
“ Love you too” he replies then hangs up. Kate can’t help but smile. She loves hearing him say those words. It took him a year before he could say it without almost choking on them. He just didn’t want to open his heart and have it broken again. But now he is as open as he can be, only in the family home of course.
Kate starts on the chicken and has them on the tray ready to go in the oven with the potato bake when it was ready.
“ Kate” she heard Kelly exclaim happily.
“ In the kitchen” she called back. Kate couldn’t help the smile spread across her face as Kelly bounded into the kitchen.
“ I officially have the best boyfriend in the world” she told Kate happily.
“ I take it he has a very romantic day planned for Saturday” Kate said.
“ One of the best” Kelly stopped as she saw Kate trying to get everything ready for diner.
“ Do you want some help?” she asks. Kate stops and looks around the kitchen.
“ Uh could you wash and peel the potatoes in the sink?” she pointed as she dug around in the cupboard for the potato bake sauce.
“ Sure. Ok so we are having dinner with his family Friday night, then on Saturday he is making me breakfast in bed, taking me to the art gallery” Kelly started.
“ I didn’t think he liked art?” Kate asked as she pulled out a deep dish.
“ Well he doesn’t, but he wants to take me there because I love it. After that he wants to grab some fish and chips and eat them by the river. Followed by a tour of the Washington monument” Kelly finished as she placed the third potato on the bench.
“ He is definitely a keeper. Do you know what Jet did for our one year anniversary?” Kate asked.
“ Well I gave him a few suggestions but I don’t know what he chose” Kelly told her.
“ Well, being a Friday night, we left work late so all the restaurants were full, so we walked back to my place which he brought me a beautiful bouquet of flowers on the way. He then cooked me a very tasty risotto with red wine. And the rest of the night was spent in my bedroom” Kate chuckled at the memory, only six months ago. Kelly laughed.
“ I guess that is romantic in a way. I told him to take you away for the weekend, but you know dad ‘criminals don’t take weekends off’” Kelly recited what Gibbs always told her.
“ Well it’s true, sometimes” Kate told her. Kelly brought the potatoes over to Kate and the started slicing them to place them in the deep dish.
“ I can’t believe I’m asking this but, has there ever been times between you and dad that it hasn’t gone completely to plan?” she asks, a little embarrassed.
“ Uh,” Kate didn’t know what to say.
“ I just mean I hear so many stories at school, you know the guy can’t get it up or goes too quickly” Kelly quickly explains.
“ Oh, yeah there has been a couple of times. You can’t expect every time to be perfect” Kate tells her.
Gibbs jumps back into the car after stopping off at a small corner store not far from home. He is not one to go to the supermarket just for a few items. He rushed home. He wanted to know what was going one. Kate told him nothing was wrong but he couldn’t help but feel that she was hiding something and one of the key points in their relationship was to not keep secrets, that’s why he had finally told her about Kelly.
He pulls up into the drive-way behind Kate’s car. He grabs the shopping bag and heads inside. He is met by hysterical laughter.
“ Oh my god. Does it happen often?” he heard Kelly ask through her bouts of laughter.
“ On occasion. I’ve learned to keep the heat rub in the bedside drawer just in case” Kate said, also laughing. He stands in the doorway and sees Kelly setting the table, while Kate is cutting up vegetables for a small side salad. The place smells like chicken and potato bake.
“ What are you two talking about?” he asks. Kate and Kelly both look at him and then at each other.
“ Nothing” they say in unison. He doesn’t believe them for a second. He makes his way over to Kate.
“ I got your things” he says placing the bag on the bench. Kate puts down her knife and wraps her arms around his neck, leans up and gives him a kiss.
“ Thank you” she says then turns back to her vegetables.
“ I bet Tony complained when I left” she said with a smile.
“ The whole hour and a half. Now can you tell me what was so important?” he asked. Kate and Kelly shared a look before she finally answered.
“ Later”.
“ Kate” he said in a warning tone.
“ Dad really, everything is fine. Go get washed up, diner will be ready soon” Kelly said with a smile as she put the rest of the napkins away. Gibbs was about to protest but Kelly stopped him.
“ Dad just go” she said, giving him a kiss on the cheek and pushed him out of the kitchen.
“ That was wonderful” Gibbs said as he puts his fork down and sat back in his chair.
“ Well it was all Kate, I only peeled the potatoes” Kelly said as she gathered up the empty plates and put them in the sink.
“She is amazing” he replies and looks at Kate, who just smiles as the redness takes over her cheeks. Kelly smiled at the two then remembered.
“ Oh dad, I’ve told Kate, but I’m having a few friends over Tuesday night to study for math if that’s ok” Kelly says. Gibbs looks over at Kate.
“ Fine with me. We’ll bring pizza home” he tells her.
“ Oh dad you don’t have to do that” she protests.
“ Well we have to eat to” Gibbs tells her. He gets up from his chair.
“ Ok ladies, I’ll be in the basement if you need me and Kate” he says turning to face her.
“ Yeah?” she answers.
“ Do not come down, I don’t care for whatever reason you are not a loud down there” he says then leaves. Kate turns in her seat to face Kelly.
“ So tell me again why he won’t let me down there, but your free to go down and talk about me” he chuckled. Kelly laughed.
“ Must be a Gibbs thing” she laughs.
Kate is sitting up on the couch, leaning forward braiding Kelly’s hair, who is sitting on the floor in front of her. The TV is on some quiz show that they aren’t paying any attention to.
“ When I was younger I always wanted a little girl. So I could do her hair, dress her up in pretty pink fairy dresses, have little tea parties” Kate told Kelly with a smile.
“ Well I may be too old for the tea parties, but you could help me with my prom dress” Kelly said. Kate stopped doing her hair. Kelly turned around to look up at her.
“ What?” she asked. Kate smiled.
“ Are you sure you want me to go with you? Wouldn’t you want your friends or Josh to go with you?” Kate asked. Kelly laughed.
“ I can’t take Josh, it’s supposed to be a surprise and I love all of your clothes. I want to go with you Kate, please” Kelly begged.
“ Sure, when?” Kate asked.
“ Next week if that’s ok?” Kelly asked happily.
“ Sounds great” Kate said happily. Kelly got up and gave her an awkward hug.
“ I’m going to say good night to dad” she tells her and runs off. Kate sits there. She had always wanted a daughter, and now she has one, so to speak, without all the hard work.
Kate entered the bedroom and saw Gibbs already sitting on the bed.
“ Did Kel say good night to you?” she asked him sweetly, closing the door behind her as she entered the room.
“ Mmm hmm” he mumbled. Kate nodded and went to her side of the bed and grabbed her nightie. She swiftly got changed and jumped on the bed, crawled over to Gibbs and ran her hands up his back and kissed his neck.
“ Kate” he said in a flat tone. She stopped what she was doing and sat back on her legs.
“ Ask me what you want to ask me” she told him. Gibbs turned around and faced her.
“ Why did you have to rush home to Kelly? What was so god damn important?” he asked trying to remain calm. Kate let out a sigh.
“ She just needed some help. She is going to Josh’s this weekend and she just wanted some advice” Kate explained, trying to not going into detail. Gibbs thought about it for a second. Then he put the dots together.
“ You gave my daughter sex advice. Kate” he exclaimed jumping off the bed. He was pissed. He knew this would happen someday but he never thought Kate would give his 18 year old daughter sex advice.
“ Hey she came to me. The only advice I gave her was to really think if Josh is the guy she wants to lose her virginity to. I gave her advice on knowing if she was ready or not. Besides she is 18 years old. In a couple of weeks she will be finished school, moving out and starting her independent life. You can’t protect her forever” she told him, getting off the bed and standing in front of him. He let out a sigh before sitting back down on the bed.
“ You’re right. I just…she is still my little girl” he said in a soft tone. She gave him a sweet smile and came to stand in between his legs, her hands resting on his shoulders. He looked up into her gorgeous mocha brown eyes that were filled with love and concern.
“ You two have the best relationship I have ever seen, so don’t ruin it over something so small. Be happy that she is making a start on her own life”.
“ I am happy for her. I am so proud of her” he started to explain, but he had trouble continuing.
“ Well tell her. Jet she loves you and you love her and I love both of you. Don’t give her a reason to be scared of you” Kate said running a hand through her hair.
“ Why would she be scared of me?” he asked confused. In all her 18 years Kelly has never been scared of him. He has never hit or actually shouted at her before.
“ Because you could hurt Josh or any other guy she wants to be with” she said softly. A slight grin appeared on his face. He reached out and pulled Kate closer to him.
“ You know me to well” he said softly. She smiled and leaned down so their lips were almost touching.
“ Show me how well you know me” she whispered as she pushed him back on the bed and kissed him.
**Friday night**
Kate is sitting on the bed reading when she hears Gibbs coming up the stairs. She checks the clock, 11:37pm. Kelly and Josh left hours ago and he has been locked in the basement ever since and Kate isn’t aloud down there so she couldn’t talk to him. He comes in all dusty and smells of bourbon. Kate puts her book down.
“ Jet are you sure you’re ok?” she asks looking at him. He just nods.
“ You have been down there for hours. Do you want to talk about it?” she pushes the subject. He doesn’t answer, just continues on into the small bathroom. He dusts himself and brushes his teeth then enters the bedroom again. He looks over at Kate who is still concerned about him. He rips his shirt off and throws it into the dirty basket near the door.
“ I’m fine Kate, really. I just need to keep my mind of it” he explains, his back to her. She smiles as she watches him undress. Although he maybe 48, she still loves his body. She puts her book on the side dresser and sits up.
“ I can think of one way to keep your mind off it” she said cheekily. He turns around after throwing his pants in the basket and sees her smiling face.
“ How?” he asks, although well aware of her idea. She doesn’t say anything just pulls her nightie over her head and chucks it on the floor. He bounds onto the bed and ravishes her body in kisses.
“ And you know the best part” she says through breaths.
“ What?” he asks between kisses.
“ We can be as loud as we want”. He looks up at her and chuckles before capturing her mouth in his in a heated passionate kiss.
The nest morning Kate woke to a snore Gibbs cuddled up to her back. She smiled to herself and ran a gentle hand along his arm that was over her middle. She gently removed it and got out of bed.
“ Katie” he mumbled.
“ I’m going to make some coffee” she told him and gave him a quick kiss the head.
“ Kelly” he mumbled.
“ Will call you when she gets the chance” she said in a soothing tone. He nodded and rolled over. Kate smiled at him and went to the kitchen to get a start on the coffee. She went out the front and grabbed the paper and put it on the table ready for when Gibbs got up. She went back over to the coffee machine and grabbed two mugs and started to pour the brew. She almost jumped when two strings arms encircled her waist and gentle kisses on her neck.
“ Coffees ready” she told him.
“ So am I” he said in a raspy voice as he continued his kisses.
“ Jet” she mumbles.
“ Katie” he growls as he bites her neck and pushes his groin into her. She turns around in his arms and wrapped her arms around his neck.
“ We have to go shopping Jet. We can’t waist our day off” she chuckled. He groins loudly.
“ Please Katie, food can wait” he said kissing her fully on the lips.
“ We have all day and night to have some fun. We need to do the grocery shopping” she gave him one more kiss then left to have a shower.
**Saturday Night**
Gibbs was pacing the floor of their bedroom while Kate was watching him on the bed.
“ Jet stop worrying, she’ll be fine” she told him.
“ If he hurts her, I’m going to kill him” he tells her. She thinks it’s cute that he is worried about her but she also thinks he is overreacting.
“ Your sounding like my mother on my wedding day” she said with a little laugh. Gibbs stopped and looked at Kate.
“ But you’ve never been married?” he said confused.
“ I know, but you know what they say. After the wedding night, the bride’s parents know she is definitely isn’t a virgin anymore” she said with a cheeky smile. Gibbs couldn’t help the smile that crossed his face. Kate crawled to the end of the bed and stood up on her knees.
“ It’s there first anniversary, let them have their fun, they are teenagers after all” she told him. He turned to face her. He couldn’t help but smile at her. She was so gorgeous and she was all his. Never in his wildest dreams did he think he would be staring at this gorgeous, 34 year old, ex- Secret Service agent in nothing but a flimsy pink satin nightie. He stood in front of her and moved a piece of her hair behind her ear as he stared deep into her eyes.
“ Do you remember our first anniversary?” she asks as she runs a hand up and down his chest.
“ How could I forget” he murmurs, running a gentle hand down her arm and back up and along her bare collar bone.
“ Would you like a repeat?” she asks. He doesn’t speak. He steps forward and kisses her senseless.
“ What do you think?” he says with a smile. She pulls him down to the bed and rips his clothes off him.
Kate is woken by a soft murmur. She couldn’t quite make it out. She turned her head slightly and could feel Gibbs’ warm breath on her neck. Then she heard it again.
“ Don’t leave me Katie, please”. He sounded like he was in pain. She slowly rolls over and sees he is still asleep.
‘That dream again’ she thinks to herself. She reaches out and touches his face gently.
“ I’ll never leave you” she whispers then leans in and kisses him softly. He snuggles closer to her. God she loves this man so much. She holds him a moment longer, before finally wiggling out of his grasp. Like every morning she goes to the kitchen and puts on a pot of coffee. She is in her own world when she feels two hands run down her back and squeeze her ass.
“ Good morning to you to” she said happily. He answered with more kisses on her bare skin of her shoulder.
“ You had that dream again” she said softly. Gibbs stopped his kisses. She turned around and looked up into his eyes.
“ I thought you would know I’m not going anywhere by now” she told him softly. He looked embarrassed that she found out. She gives him a quick kiss. When she pulled back she had a cheeky smile on her face.
“ How could I leave you after what you did to me last night”. She saw a smile spread across his face. He wrapped her arms around her waist and pulled her closer to him.
“ I can do it again” he says. Before she knows it he has her up in his arms and places her on the kitchen bench. She is only in in undies and one of his faded shirts. She wraps her legs round his waist as he stands in between her legs. His hands run up under her shirt and grasp her soft, plump breast. They are so distracted by each other and moaning into each other’s mouths that they don’t hear the front door open and the footsteps coming closer.
“ Oh my god” Kelly exclaims loudly as she turns around after seeing her dad, still in boxers, and Kate perched on the kitchen bench. Kate pushes Gibbs off her and pulled the shirt down. She quickly slid of the counter top to greet the two teenagers.
“ Sorry, we didn’t expect you guys back so soon” Kate quickly explained. Gibbs was still facing the counter, he couldn’t turn around as he didn’t want to haunt his daughter by showing her his erection.
“ I had to grab my books and we thought we would come join you guys for breakfast” Kelly said laughing. Josh was standing behind her, trying not to laugh.
“ Oh. Sure. Pancakes sound ok?” Kate asked still surprised at Kelly and Josh’s sudden arrival. Kelly smiled.
“ Sounds great. Um, could I talk to you for a sec?” Kelly asked looking over at her dad who is now pouring himself coffee. Kate nods.
“ Sure”. They head down the hall, leaving Josh and Gibbs alone in the kitchen.
“ So how was it?” Kate asks. Kelly could not hide the smile that came over her face.
“ It was amazing. He was so sweet the entire day and he took everything slow and he told me he loved me” Kelly said remembering the events.
“ I’m so happy for you Kel” Kate said.
“ Oh and he gave me this” Kelly held out her hand. Kate saw the new silver bracelet that was on her wrist. It had a metal plate and had Kelly engraved on the top. Then Kelly turned it over and it had Forever.
“ Wow. Your dad hasn’t even given me a present that sweet and it’s been a year and a half” Kate told her. She pulled her into a tight hug.
“ I’m really glad you’re happy and so is your dad, even if he doesn’t say it” Kate told her. Kelly gave a chuckle.
“ So how was he?” she asked quietly, fearing he would sneak up on them.
“ He was fine. A little nervous, well actually I thought he was going to drive over there and bring you back here where he could keep his eyes on you” she laughed.
“ So I helped him take his mind of it” she explained.
“ That explains what we walked in on” Kelly said with a laugh. Kate blushed and nodded.
“ Well I am going to put some pants” Kate said with a smile. Kelly laughed and called out.
“ Good idea. I would like to be able to hug my dad”. Kelly went back to the kitchen and finally greeted her dad.
Kate had chucked on some sweat pants and quickly tied her hair up. She couldn’t imagine what state her was in. She makes her way back to the kitchen and can already smell the pleasant aroma of pancakes.
‘Kelly’ she instantly thought, but when she walked into the kitchen Kelly and Gibbs were sitting at the table while Josh was by the stove flipping the pancakes.
“ Wow he cooks. He is definitely a keeper” she said with a smile. She made her way over to Gibbs and sat herself on his lap, he took her weight happily, wrapping his arms around her.
“ Almost done. Do you guys want syrup of something?” he asked as he placed the last of the pancakes on the plate.
“ Sure, I’ll get it” Kelly got up and got the syrup from the cupboard and jam from the fridge. Josh brought the plate of pancakes over to the table along with four other plates. Kelly put the syrup and jam in the middle and handed out the knives and forks. Kate stayed seated on Gibbs’ lap and acted as his and her own hands.
“ So did you miss me?” Kelly asked. Gibbs looked up at her with a smile.
“ Of course. The house was to quiet” he complained. Kelly couldn’t help but give a chuckle.
“ Well according to Kate, you guys made plenty of noise by yourselves”. Josh couldn’t help but laugh along with her. They were the teenagers and yet the adults were acting like horny teenagers.
“ Did she now” he said looking up at her, trying to be serious. She just rolled her eyes.
“ Oh come on we are all adults here and we’ve all” she stopped, decided it better not to continue that sentence. She felt Gibbs’ grip on her tighten as she clearly reminded him that his little girl was no longer a virgin. She leaned down and kissed him.
“ Come on eat up. We got things to do” she said jumping off his lap.
“ And you two don’t want to be late to the library” she added before leaving them.
“ Dad tell me again why you haven’t done it yet?” Kelly asked turning to face her dad sitting across from her.
“ Done what?” Josh asked confused.
“ Kelly don’t start” Gibbs warns. Kelly just shakes her head.
“ Don’t worry I’ll tell you later” she tells Josh.
“ Kelly” he warns again.
“ Dad she makes you happy and she isn’t like any of the others. Kate has been more than a mum to me than the others ever were. She really loves you dad” Kelly tells him seriously. Osh gets up and washes his plate then leaves them alone, feeling it is not his business to listen in on.
“ Kel I don’t want to ruin it” he tells her. She lets out a sigh.
“ Believe me, if you don’t do it you will ruin it. Just don’t rule it out ok?” she says. He nods.
“ Ok” he agrees. She smiles gets up and gives him a quick kiss on the cheek.
“ Love you dad” she says.
“ Love you to” he smiles.
End Notes:
This came to me while watching the movie 'Chasing Liberty' which Mark Harmon (Gibbs) has a 18 year old daughter.I thought it fit well.

I know what its like to have a step mum, thankfully she isn't an 'evil' step mum, but i made Kate what i would have wanted my step mum to be like.
Christmas Eve by katetodd4eva
Author's Notes:
Kelly come home for Christmas
Kate stood in front of the finished Christmas tree.
“ Perfect” she said to herself. There was a knock at the door and Kate scrambled to answer it, not hiding her excitement. She pulled open the door and greeted the two people standing there.
“ Merry Christmas” she took Kelly in a big hug and gave Josh a small hug before letting them in the house out of the cold. Kelly looked around the very decorated house, all Kate’s doing.
“ I’ve missed this place so much, and it’s occupants” Kelly stated with a smile.
“ He’s in the basement” Kate told her. Kelly gave her a quick kiss on the cheek before heading for the back of the house.
“ So Josh, are you hungry?” Kate asked trying to break the silence.
Gibbs was down in the basement putting the finishing touches on his boat. He didn’t hear the commotion up stairs, so it was when he heard the familiar footsteps coming down the steps did he look up. His face instantly lit up when he saw Kelly.
“ You took your time” he stated as he moved towards her and wrapped her in a bone crushing hug.
“ Kate said six, it’s six” she told him with a laugh.. Gibbs pulled back and took a look at his watch and saw that it was in fact six o’clock.
“ Have you been down here all day?” she asked him. When he didn’t answer she knew it was true. He went back to his boat, avoiding her gaze.
“ Don’t tell me your having second thoughts about it” Kelly said following Gibbs.
“ No, maybe third or fourth thoughts” he answered.
“ Dad we talked about this for months, what’s changed?”. Gibbs sighed.
“ Nothing’s changed”.
“ Then what’s the problem?”.
“ I don’t want her to say no” he admitted.
“ She won’t say no, trust me” Kelly told him happily.
“ And what makes you so sure?”.
“ Dad, have you seen the house at all? Have you smelt the food she has prepared? It’s all for you”.
“ No, it’s all for you” he said pointing at her with the paint brush. Kelly sighed heavily.
“ She would still do it all for you. Kate is not like the others. She is not going to leave you. Dad, I want Kate to be my new mum” she pleaded with him. How could Gibbs not give that to her. He wanted to be happy and Kate makes him happy. That was it, his mind was made up.
“ Thanks Kel” he said giving her another hug. There was a small knock on the door and Josh’s head peered into the basement.
“ Uh, Kate said diner is ready when you two are” he told them. Kelly let go of Gibbs and turned to face Josh.
“ Ok, we will be right up” she answered, with a small wave to Gibbs Josh left them alone.
“ After diner ok?” she tells Gibbs.
“ Ok” he agrees.
After diner the four of them got comfortable in the lounge room. Kate was settled beside Gibbs with a glass of wine, Gibbs rubbing her arm nervously, Kelly and Josh sat on the opposite couch in the same position.
“ Your parents didn’t mind that we stole you tonight?” Kate asked Josh.
“ They were fine with it since we are having diner with them tomorrow night” he answered happily.
“ Ok, it’s Christmas eve present time” Kelly said excitedly.
“ Dad playing Santa Clause” she ordered. Gibbs froze. It was finally time and he was actually really nervous. When Gibbs didn’t move Kate instantly thought something was wrong.
“ Jet, you ok?” she asked softly. He turned to face her and gave her a small smile and a kiss on the cheek before making his way to the tree. He gave everyone one present from under the tree.
“ Aren’t you forgetting someone?” Kate asked with a little laugh.
“ Nope” he said and gets up from the tree and walked over in front of Kate. He took her wineglass out of her hand and put it on the coffee table. He took her hand then got down on one knee in front of her. Kate sat up straight a the warning signs started going off in her head. She looked at Gibbs, then over at Kelly, who looked like she was about to explode.
“ Kate” his voice grabbed her attention and she looked into his big blue eyes.
“ You of all people know that I am not good with word and I never will be. But believe me when I say I love you so much. You make me so happy and I’m glad that you have chosen to spend the last two years with me and bozo over there” he said with a little chuckle. Kat laughed and glanced over at Kelly before returning her teary eyes back to his face.
“ And I don’t know about you, but I want this time to last a little longer”. Gibbs put his free hand in his pocket and pulled out a blue velvet box.
“ Caitlin Anne Todd, will you marry me?” he expertly opened the box with one hand. Kate’s eyes darted to the ring, a gasp escaping her mouth. She looked back to Gibbs, his eyes pleading her for an answer. She took a deep breath.
“ Yes, of course” she said trying to fight the tears that wanted to fall. Gibb let out the breath he was holding and a smile spread across his face. He took the ring from the box and placed it on her finger. Kate threw her arms around his neck and brought him up off his knees kiss him . She couldn’t stop.
“ Dad, the boat” Kelly said, making Gibbs stop their kisses.
“ Come with me” he said grabbing her hand and leading her down to the basement. At the top of the stairs he ordered her to close her eyes as he lead her down the stairs. Once she was in the right position.
“ Open her eyes” he whispered into her ear. She obeyed and was taken aback with what she saw. The boat was almost finished and shone under the lights from the clear coat of lacer that her applied just earlier. Then she saw the name Kally.
“ Kally?” she asked. He smiled.
“ I couldn’t choose between Kate and Kelly, so with Kelly’s help I combined the two” he explained. Kate was speechless. She knew how much the boat meant to him and for it to be named after her was the most romantic thing any guy has done for her, except for getting engaged on Christmas eve of course.
“ Do you like it?” he asks her quietly. She turns around to face him.
“ I love it and I love you so much” she says wrapping her arms around him.
“ And I love you” he replied then leaned down and kissed her.
“ Merry Christmas Katie” he whispers against her lips.
“ Merry Christmas Jet”.
Introduction by katetodd4eva
Author's Notes:
how Kate and kelly meet
Kate was working at her desk, re-checking her report for Gibbs like always. She didn’t like handing it and it being returned because she didn’t spell check or misplaced a few comers and full stops. Her work is interrupted when she receives an email.
Katie,
Am taking you out to dinner. Pick you up at 7pm.
Where that black dress that looks gorgeous on you, (you know the one I’m talking about).
Bring a bag for the weekend.
Gibbs
She glanced over at him once she had read it. He had never invited her to stay over at his and they had been dating for six months. It was always her place. He looked over at her, feeling her eyes on him. She smiled at him then went back to her report. There was no need to reply, he knew she would be ready.
Gibbs pulled up out the front of his house.
“ We have been together six months and I have never seen your house” Kate said as she stared at his house.
“ There is a reason for that” he tells her quietly.
“ Which is?” she asked with a smile. Gibbs motioned towards his house.
“ It’s inside” he told her then got out of the car. He came around and helped Kate out of the car, taking her hand and leading her to the front door. He stopped in front of the door and turned back to face him. Kate looked up at him.
“ Are we going inside or eating out on the front step?” she asked, humour in her tone. Gibbs took a deep breath.
“ I just want you to know that I wanted to tell you earlier, I just never knew how?” he said. Kate was really confused now.
“ Tell me what Jethro?” she asked losing her patience. He finally turned around and opened the door and pulled Kate inside. Kate stopped when she saw the dining room table set for three people. A young brunette came out with plates of food and placed them on the table.
“ Kelly” Gibbs said, getting the young girls attention.
“ Oh hi, I didn’t expect you this early” she said happily She came over and greeted Gibbs first. Then smiled at Kate. Kate stood there, a confused expression on her face. Gibbs then did the introduction.
“ Kelly this is Kate. Kate, this is my daughter Kelly” he said happily. Kate looked from Kelly up to Gibbs.
“ Uh daughter? I…I didn’t think…I didn’t know you had a daughter” she stammered trying to come to terms with this new information. Gibbs looked down at Kelly.
“ I’ll go get the drinks” she said and made her way back into the kitchen. Gibbs then took a step closer to Kate.
“ Only Ducky knows” he told her. She nodded.
“ And which one does she belong to one, two or three?” she asked. She noticed his eyes glaze over and his gaze turn down.
“ Neither” he told her.
“ What? Jethro your giving me a lot of questions but no answers” she told him. Then Kelly came back in with three glasses and a bottle of lemonade.
“ Well dinners all ready” she told them happily.
“ I’ll explain later” he told her, took her hand again and lead her to her seat. They sat down and started to eat in silence. Kelly was never one for awkward silences so she started off the conversation.
“ Dad has told me a lot about you. What was it like protecting the President?” she asked enthusiastically.
“ Well it wasn’t all as exciting as one would think. A lot of it was just standing around, checking ID’s. Sometimes it kind of felt like I was a bouncer” Kate joked.
“ Except you got to carry a gun” Gibbs pointed out.
“ And that’s how you guys met” Kelly said. Kate looked over at Gibbs.
‘ How much did he tell her?’ she thought.
“ Yes, on Air Force One” Kate answered.
“ Yeah, so when was it that you noticed you liked him?” Kelly asked. Gibbs almost choked on his food.
“ Kelly” he scolded her. Kelly gave him her ‘chill’ look, before turning her attention back to Kate.
“ Um, well” she started.
“ Kate you don’t have to answer her” Gibbs told her.
“ It’s ok Jet, she knows your side of the story” she said with a smile.
“ It was after I was taken hostage for the second time. That was when I knew my feelings for him went deeper than just boss and subordinate” Kate told Kelly. She nodded her head.
“ So how old were you when you got your tattoo Kelly asked. Gibbs just shook his head at his daughter.
“ How much have you told her?” Kate asked him. Gibbs opened his mouth to speak but nothing came out.
“ Everything that he loves about you” Kelly answered for him. Kate looked over at Gibbs with a smile.
After getting to know each other more Kelly cleared the table and went to her room to let them talk. There was still a lot to be explained. Gibbs led Kate over to the lounge and sat her down. He sat down next to her, facing her. Kate waited for him to start explaining.
“ Kelly doesn’t belong to any of my ex-wives, but my first wife Shannon” he started explaining. Kate sat there listening.
“ Shannon and Kelly were involved in a car accident, their driver was shot by a sniper. Kelly was lucky to survive” he said so softly Kate almost couldn’t hear him.
“ When was this?” she manage to ask.
“ I was still in the corps. Kelly was seven” he said. Kate nodded her head.
“ I don’t know what to say” she said softly. She couldn’t look at him, he looked so hurt and it was breaking her heart. She knew by now he wasn’t one for apologies or sympathies so she steered clear of them.
“ Tell me what you’re thinking?” he asked. She let out a sigh.
“ I think you are a very lucky man. Your daughter adores you, even after all the things you two have been through. I can’t understand why no one knows about her or Shannon” she told him.
“ If no one knows about her, no one can harm her. It’s my past and I want to keep it there” he told her. She finally looked at him.
“ Thank you for telling me” she said.
“ You’re not mad?” he asked. Kate shook her head.
“ Why would you think I would be mad? Confused and surprised maybe, but definitely not mad” she said moving closer to him.
“ I kept the biggest secret from you. We agreed not secrets between us” he said. Kate reached out and gently touched his face.
“ You had good reason to keep the secret and I don’t blame you, but I am glad you told me and if it was a ploy to get rid of me, it didn’t work” she said with a small smile as she moved even closer to him. He smiled to.
“ I don’t want to get rid of you Kate. Not just yet” he told her before leaning in and kissing her.
End Notes:
this story came to me after all the other chapters and thought it had to be put in.this is only one of the version i came up with.
Maybe Baby by katetodd4eva
Author's Notes:
Kelly comes home from University and she has some ideas of her own.
Kate ran to the door and reefed it opened with a smile already planted on her face.
“Kelly” she said happily and immediately wrapped her arms around the teenager.
“Hi” Kelly said as she hugged Kate tightly. Kate kissed Kelly’s cheek as she pulled back.
“Wow, you look so grown up” Kate exclaimed taking a good look at her step daughter.
“Thank you. You look great” Kelly commented as she stepped inside, Josh following behind her. Kate hugged him as well.
“Good to see you again Josh” she said with a smile.
“You too Kate” he said with a sweet smile.
“So where’s dad?” Kelly asked.
“In the kitchen” Kate pointed
“Wow, you got him to cook” Kelly laughed.
“Not exactly”. Kelly headed for the kitchen while Kate led Josh into the living room. Kelly stood in the kitchen doorway watching Gibbs at the kitchen sink.
“It’s always good to see you do some of the house work” Kelly said as she walked further into the kitchen. Gibbs dropped the plate he was in the middle of washing and turned to face her. He wiped his hands on the tea towel next to him.
“Hey” he greeted her, wrapping her arms around her.
“God I’ve missed you” Kelly said hugging tightly. Gibbs kissed her cheek and pulled back.
“You look good” he commented. Kelly smiled and looked at her dad closely.
“You look good too. Not as many wrinkles as I remember” Kelly laughed.
“We have Kate to thank for that” he replied seriously making Kelly laugh even harder. She stopped and looked at Gibbs.
“So how are you two by the way?” she asked with a soft smile.
“Great. Why? Has she said something to you?” he asked. Kelly laughed again.
“No, I was just curious is all” she said with a shrug.
“Now why don’t I believe that” he said as he turned back to the sink of dishes. Kelly walked over to him and watched him before speaking again.
“You know I always wanted a brother or sister” Kelly said casually, making Gibbs drop the cup he was washing. He turned to face Kelly.
“We are not having kids” he stated.
“Why not? Kate’s young and you are great with kids. You can’t tell me you don’t want to have your own child with her” Kelly persisted. Gibbs sighed.
“Kel, we have agreed to share you” he told her softly. Kelly shook her head.
“Dad I know she wants her own child and she wants it with you. You have been together for two years now. Don’t you think its time you started your own family?” Kelly stared into his eyes. Gibbs shook his head.
“Hey, what are you two talking about?” Kate asked as she walked into the kitchen, two glasses in her hand.
“Nothing for you two worry about” he quickly said. Kate looked at him.
“Now why don’t I believe that” she said with a smile. Gibbs leaned in and kissed her soft lips quickly.
“I should go see what Josh is up to” Kelly said as she exited the kitchen.
“So are going to tell me?” she asked.
“Later. I think your thing is ready” Gibbs pointed to the oven. Kate laughed.
“It’s dinner and yes it should be done by now. Can you set the table?” she asked as she gently pushed him aside. He silently agreed.
**
Kelly, Josh and Gibbs were all seated in the lounge room after dinner. Kate walked in with a glass of wine and a bourbon. She sat herself down on Gibbs’ lap and handed him the bourbon. He accepted it with a kiss. Kelly watched them and couldn’t help but think it was the perfect moment.
“Should you be drinking Kate?” she asked. Josh looked at her, hoping she wasn’t about to do what he thought.
“Why? Is there something I don’t know about?” Kate asked with a light laugh as she looked from Kelly to Gibbs. Gibbs shifted uncomfortably under Kate. He looked to Kelly willing her not to continue.
“No, I just thought if you and dad were to try for a baby” she didn’t get to finish as Gibbs almost choked on his sip of bourbon.
“Kelly” he warned through his coughing fits. Kate took the bourbon off him until he had stopped.
“Is that what you two were talking about in the kitchen?” she asked Gibbs. He met her eyes and without words she knew it to be true. She didn’t know what to say. She felt Gibbs pat her leg, a sign for her to get up.
“I’m going to need a refill” and walked back to the kitchen. Josh wanted to get out of there as well.
“I have to go to the bathroom”. That left Kate and Kelly alone with their thoughts.
“I’m sorry Kate, but I just thought you guys would have talked about this already” she apologized. Kate shook her head.
“It’s ok. We have talked about it very briefly and we agreed that we would share you. I don’t think Jethro is ready to be a dad again” Kate said taking a sip of her wine.
“Trust me Kate he is, he just has to realise it. You deserve to experience everything that comes with having your own child” Kelly said. Kate could see the emotion in her eyes and sighed.
“I think Jethro and I need to have to talk about it. Right now, I think I will go to bed” Kate stood up from the couch se was on.
“Kate, don’t go now, we still have a lot of catching up to do” Kelly said. Kate gave her a soft smile.
“We have all day tomorrow. I’ll see you in the morning” and Kate left Kelly alone in the lounge room. She made her up the stairs and almost ran into Josh.
“Are you going to bed?” he asked. She nodded her head.
“It’s been a long day. I will see you in the morning” Kate said sweetly.
“Sure. Goodnight” Josh said and continued down the stairs. Once in the bedroom, Kate closed the door and made her way over to the mirror. She lifted up her top and examined her slim stomach. She tried to image what she would look like if she were pregnant. She sighed and got changed into her pyjama’s and climbed into bed. She laid on her side and tried to forget what had happened downstairs, but she couldn’t help the single tear that fell down her face. She closed her eyes and tried to get some sleep. Twenty minutes later, Gibbs entered the bedroom. He made his way across the room and started to get changed himself.
“Do you want to have a baby with me?” Kate suddenly asked, causing Gibbs to jump a little.
“I thought you were asleep?” he asked. Kate rolled over and sat up in bed.
“It’s hard to sleep when your step daughter wants you to have a baby and your husband doesn’t” she said wrapping her arms around her knees. Gibbs turned to face her.
“I didn’t say that” he said.
“No, choking on your drink did” she said. He didn’t say anything.
“We have talked about this before and you said you didn’t feel ready to be a father again. So why does Kelly think you want to have a child with me? I know it will be a lot of work but I’m sure we can manage” Kate told him. He sighed and sat on the edge of the bed.
“Kate, I am too old to become a father” he told her.
“You’re not as old as you think you are” she stated matter of factly. They were silent for a while until Kate spoke again.
“Let me ask you something. If I was pregnant, would you still love me when my hormones take over, or when I look like a balloon?” she asked trying to sound as serious as possible. Gibbs smiled and laughed a little.
“Shannon asked me the same thing when she was pregnant with Kelly” he said as he remembered back all those years.
“And?” she asked wanting a real answer.
“I told her she was the most beautiful pregnant woman I had ever seen” he stopped and turned to face Kate.
“And I have no doubt that you would be just as beautiful” he paused again.
“But?” Kate urged him to continue.
“I don’t feel ready to make our family bigger” he said, looking away from her. he couldn’t stand seeing her look so hurt and disappointed.
“Well it’s now or never. Jethro I came into this relationship not hoping for anything more than your love, but now I want something more. I want to have your child. If you don’t want a child with me, I understand” and with that Kate slid back down into the bed and turned her back to him. He sighed again and ran a hand over his face.
What am I afraid of? She would make a great mother and it would be nice to have a full house again he thought to himself. He got up off the bed, turned the light off and went to his side of the bed. He climbed under the covers and moved his body up against Kate’s. He rested on hand on her hip and leaned down and kissed the bare skin of her neck. His hand ran up underneath her pyjama top and found her breast.
“Jet, what are you doing?” she asked softly. A small smile graced his features.
“Trying to make a baby with you” he whispered into her ear. She slowly rolled over and looked up into his eyes.
“I thought you weren’t ready?” she questioned. He shook his head.
“I want to have a child with you Katie” was all he said before he leaned down and kissed her.
**
Kelly was brushing her and Josh was sitting up in bed.
“What do you think they are doing? I mean they can’t ignore what happened tonight” he said. Kelly put her brush down.
“Well there is no yelling so maybe they are talking about it like civilized people” she joked.
“But Kel, you did spring it on them. I mean you come home from uni and start talking about them having kids” he points out. Kelly made her way to the bed and slipped under the covers and took up the same position as Josh.
“I told you what Kate has told me. The house is so quiet with me gone and she gets all clucky when she sees a little baby in a stroller, while walking down the street. She is so young and I don’t want dad to ruin her chance of experiencing her own pregnancy and upbringing a child of her own” Kelly explained.
“And you’re ok being 19 years older than your sibling?” he questioned. She shrugged.
“It’s not like dad married my best friend. I just want them both to be happy, and I can only imagine the smile on dad’s face when he holds his second child” she smiled at the thought. Josh leaned over and kissed her cheek.
“I think it’s time we went to sleep and stopped talking about babies. It kinda makes me nervous” he said reaching over and turning off the lamp. They both snuggled down under the covers, Kelly wrapping an arm over Josh and using his chest as her pillow.
“Well you have nothing to worry about” she said and let out a sigh. They laid silent for a while, then Kelly started to laugh. Josh looked down at her.
“What’s so funny?” he asked.
“I think I know what dad has chosen” she giggled. Josh was still confused.
“I don’t get it” he said. Kelly was quiet until she heard the soft thump again.
“Hear that?” she asked.
“Yeah, what about it?” he said, still not getting what was going on.
“That is dad and Kate’s bed hitting up against the wall” she said, not able to contain her laughter anymore. Josh was quiet until he finally pieced it all together.
“Oh no way. Couldn’t they wait until we were out of the house” he said, trying not to picture what has happening in the other room.
“Hey, we have done it plenty of times while they have been in the other room. And I know Kate has heard us” she poked his chest.
“No she hasn’t” he said.
“She has so. She always gives me that, ‘I know what you two were up to’ look”
“Well if that’s the case, I should be lucky I’m still alive” Josh laughed. They fell silent again. Kelly smiled.
“Ready” she said and in the silence they hear what could only be Kate moaning, then it went quiet it again.
“Let’s hope first time’s a charm” Kelly said before she tried to go to sleep.
**
Kate sat at the kitchen bench stirring her coffee. She couldn’t wipe the smile off her face. Kelly walked in with a yawn.
“Morning” she said going over to the coffee maker.
“Morning. Sleep well?” Kate asked as she went to take a sip of her coffee. Kelly filled a mug with coffee and smiled.
“We slept really well. After listening to you and dad most of the night of course” Kelly said, her smile not breaking. Kate had to try and stop the coffee from coming out of her mouth.
“You heard?” she asked in a small voice. Kelly nodded.
“It’s ok, we didn’t hear it all. Just some things” Kelly explained. Kate hung her head in her hands.
“Oh my god I am so sorry Kelly. I had no idea we were…or that I was” Kate couldn’t even finish her sentence. It was just too embarrassing.
“It’s ok, really I mean I’m sure you have heard things from my room too” Kelly said. Kate was quiet, still trying to get over her embarrassment.
“I have and I have never told your father, so can we keep his just between us” Kate said softly. Kelly smiled.
“Of course, just us three. So where’s dad?” she asked with a smile. Kate groaned. It just got worse, having to confront Josh after what he heard last night.
“Basement” she finally answered. Kelly walked out of the kitchen and headed down to the basement. The basement had been empty for months, after they finally got the boat out of there.
“Dad?” she called as she reached the last steps. She saw him at the work bench, light on over his head. He turned around and she saw the glasses on his face and couldn’t help but laugh.
“What?” he asked.
“Those glasses seriously don’t suit you. I don’t know how Kate lets you wear them” she said crossing the basement floor.
“She doesn’t. What are you doing down here?” he asked taking the glasses off his face. Kelly took up the stool next to him and looked at what he was working on.
“Came down to say good morning, and I was interested as to what you were working on. What is it exactly?” she asked looking at the lines on the paper. Gibbs took in a big breath.
“It’s going to be a baby’s crib” he told her. He watched her closely to see her reaction. She just smiled and studied the drawings.
“You sure you’re going to have it done in nine months?” she asked with a laugh. Gibbs smiled.
“Well it isn’t happening yet. I just thought I would get a head start” he admitted as he put his glasses back on.
“I’m happy for you dad, I really am” Kelly said seriously. Gibbs leant over and kissed her cheek.
“Thank you” he said. They shared a smile before Kelly made her way back up the stairs.
**
Kate and Abby stood by Abby’s desk looking down at the two plastic sticks.
“When was the last time you took a test?” Abby asked. Kate sighed.
“Two weeks ago. God Abby we have been trying for a month and still nothing” Kate said turning away from the sticks. She couldn’t take another negative.
“These things take time Kate. It can take months of trying. Plus you’re young and healthy so you have nothing to worry about” Abby said trying to cheer her friend up.
“I know I am, but what if Jethro…you know, physically can’t have any more children” Kate was seriously starting to doubt their chances at conceiving. Abby put an arm around her shoulder.
“Stop doubting yourself. You are going to get knocked up and have the cutest little giblets anyone has ever seen” Abby told her. Kate smiled.
“Thank you” she said softly and hugged her best friend.
“Hey that’s why I’m here. To make you feel better” Abby said holding her close. Then the timer went off and they both broke apart.
“Are you going to check?” Abby asked. Kate shook her head.
“You do it. I don’t think I can handle another negative” she said covering her eyes with her hands. Abby laughed and turned to look at the sticks. She gasped and picked them up.
“Kate I think you should look at these” Abby said staring at them. Kate shook her head.
“Please. I promise you won’t be disappointed” Abby begged. Kate took one hand away from her eye, which she kept closed and waited for Abby to place one of the tests into her hand. Abby gently placed it in her hand and waited for Kate to open her eyes. Kate took a deep breath before opening her eyes and taking her hand away.
“Oh my god” she gasped as she saw the positive. She looked up at Abby who had a smile from ear to ear.
“See I told you” Abby said happily.
“Abby, I’m pregnant” Kate said still not believing what she was seeing.
“That’s what both tests say. I would advise you go to the doctors next week, just to be sure” Abby added. Kate didn’t know what else to say. Kate threw her arms around Abby and kept repeating herself.
“I’m pregnant”. Abby pulled back and looked at her friend.
“So when are going to tell Gibbs?” she asked. Kate’s smile didn’t falter. She went to speak but got interrupted.
“Tell Gibbs what?” came his voice. Both women turned to face him with smiles on their faces. Tony and McGee were standing behind him.
“I think they’re stoned” Tony commented. They all ignored Tony’s comment.
“Kate, tell me what?” Gibbs asked again. Kate couldn’t say it. She handed him the pregnancy test. He took it and looked at the screen. There was a plus sign and next to that read ‘1-2 weeks’. He looked back up at Kate.
“Are you sure?” he asked. They both nodded.
“We did two” Abby said showing him the second positive test.
“I’m pregnant Jet” Kate finally said. Tony, McGee and Abby all smiled as Gibbs took Kate in his arms. He kissed her thoroughly and holding her tight against him.
“I love you” he whispered into her ear, leaving a trail a kisses on her neck.
“I love you too. So much” she replied, burying her head in his neck.
“Oh wait. Now you have to Kelly” Abby reminded them. They both pulled apart and smiled at each other, knowing just how she will react. Could things get any better?
End Notes:
Hey, i didnt intend on continuing this story but somehow i thought of this and it just fit in.hope you like it.
Sorry this is after the christmas chapter.
This story archived at http://www.ncisfiction.com/viewstory.php?sid=4014