Surprise by katetodd4eva
Summary: Kate has a secret but is afraid of Gibbs' reaction.how will he react when he finds out?
Categories: Gibbs/Kate Characters: Abby Sciuto, Anthony DiNozzo, Donald Mallard, Kate Todd, Leroy Jethro Gibbs, Timothy McGee
Genre: Established relationship, Romance, Song fic
Pairing: Gibbs/Kate
Warnings: None
Challenges:
Series: None
Chapters: 1 Completed: Yes Word count: 2247 Read: 2024 Published: 02/10/2011 Updated: 02/10/2011
Story Notes:
got this idea from watching 'Freaky Friday'.decided that Kate was too young to have be a widow with a 15 year old daughter, so this is what i came up with.

1. Surprise by katetodd4eva

Surprise by katetodd4eva
Author's Notes:
Kate has a secret but is afraid of Gibbs' reaction.how will he react when he finds out?
Kate rushed down the stairs doing the zipper of her skirt up.
“ Toni NO. Bad girl” she said seeing the small, shaggy dog with the heel of Kate’s shoe in her mouth. She ran over and grabbed her shoes from her dog and took a quick look at the clock.
“ Crap” she cursed. It was already 8:15am. She was going to be late. Then there was a knock at her door.
‘Just perfect’ she thought as she ran to the door. She yanked it open and stopped.
“ Morning” he greeted her with a smile. She looked at him, still confused but she let him in.
“ Why didn’t you just use your key?” she asked closing the door behind him.
“ Though I would surprise you” he said as he leaned in and gave her a quick morning kiss.
“ You ready?” he asked. She looked at him still confused.
“ I was taking you to work today, remember”. Then it hit her.
“ Right. Sorry I completely forgot with all the last minute things for the wedding. Um…here I just got to grab my bag” she said shoving her chewed on shoes into his arms and running upstairs. Tony finally came over to greet him. He bent down and scratched her head.
“ Ok. Toni outside” Kate called as she ran down the stairs. Toni ignored Kate and looked up at Gibbs expectantly.
“ Toni” Kate called again. The dog didn’t move.
“ Some help please” Kate said annoyed at his smile.
“ Ton outside” he bellowed and the dog obeyed. Kate closed the glass door, locked it and pulled the blinds closed. She went back to Gibbs, grabbed her shoes and quickly pulled them on. She then grabbed her water bottle from the fridge and a banana and apple from the fruit bowl and put them in her bag.
“ Come on we are already late” she said pushing Gibbs out of her front door. She turned around and locked it.
“ Slow down. Your boss is an ass anyway” he said as he walked her to his car.
“ That may be true, but the sooner today is over, the sooner tomorrow comes” she says and turns to face him. He opens the car door for her and he kisses her before she steps in.
The ride to work is ?” Gibbs asks.
“ Just one?” Kate laughs.
“ What do we do if it rains tomorrow?” he asks. Kate let out a sigh. To have a garden wedding you pray and pray that the weather will be perfect. That’s why she chose a spring wedding.
“ I will cry” she said. Gibbs put a hand on her leg and squeezed.
“ It’ll be fine. You will look gorgeous, DiNozzo will get drunk and we will be married” he said reassuring her. She didn’t answer him just looked out the window.
‘Lets see if you will be saying the same thing after tonight’ Kate thought.
NCIS
As predicted the day went slowly. Paper work and follow up enquires. A 4:30pm Abby bounded into the bullpen.
“ Are you excited? I know I am and I’m only the maid of honour” she said happily. Kate smiled.
“ I can’t wait Abby. So you’re still picking up the dresses right? And the music has been finished?” Kate started to ask. Abby laughed.
“ Kate relax, everything is fine. It will be perfect, exactly how you want it” she assures her.
“ I know. I just have this feeling that there won’t be a groom waiting for me at the end of the aisle” she confesses. Abby understands immediately.
“ I take it you haven’t told him” Abby says as she takes a seat on the edge of Kate’s desk. Kate just shakes her head.
“ Kate you need to tell him before tonight, otherwise she will turn up on your brothers arm and all hell will break loose” Abby stated.
“ I know, I know. I just can’t bring myself to approach the subject” Kate explained. Just then Tony entered the bullpen.
“ All we need is the McGee and the whole bridal party is here” he laughed.
“ Shut up Tony” Abby snapped back. Tony was stunned. Normally it would Kate getting annoyed with him, but they were having a serious conversation.
“ What? Is Kate getting cold feet?” he asked jokingly.
“ No actually DiNozzo, my feet are just fine. It’s you I’m worried about” Kate tells him. Abby looks at Kate. Their conversation is now over.
“ Me? Why me, I’m not the one getting married” he said with a laugh.
“ No, but do you still have the rings?” Kate asked with a smile. He grinned and opened his top desk drawer. When he didn’t see them his face fell. He searched his other drawers with no luck.
“ Gibbs is going to kill me” he said. Then decided to look through is drawers.
“ Worse DiNozzo. I will kill you if you do not find them by tomorrow” she warned him. Kate and Abby shared a smile. They both knew Gibbs grabbed the rings and gave them to Ducky to mind them, fearing the Tony would in fact misplace them.
Rehearsal Dinner
Kate and Gibbs walked arm in arm into the hall where their rehearsal dinner was taking place. The hall was already full of friends and family. They made their way over to their table where Tony, Ducky and McGee were sitting already.
“ Hey, we all thought you weren’t going to turn up to your own rehearsal” tony said with a laugh.
“ And miss the food and wine I spent 3 weeks deciding on, I don’t think so” Kate laughed back.
“ So where’s Abby?” Kate asked looking around.
“ Well, she went and said hi to Jackson, then made her way over to you parents and I think now she is sharing stories with your friend Deb” McGee said pointing Abby out.
“ Great, that’s all I need. More embarrassing stories circulating” she said as she got up and grabbed Gibbs with her.
“ Where are we going?” he asked, wanting to stay where he felt most comfortable.
“ We have to mingle” she said. She heard his reluctant moan.
“ Hey you’re the one that wants to marry me” she pointed out as they made their to her families table.
“ Can I change my mind?” he teased.
“ No, not ‘til after the ceremony. I want to get my money’s worth” she teased him back. They came to stand at her families table and were greeted with many hugs and how are you’s.
“ I’m glad you could all make it” Kate said hugging her sister, Rachel. Then Kate’s eyes fell on her older brother and the red head sitting next him. She forced a smile as he stood up from his chair.
“ Kate, this is Stephanie. The one I was telling you about” he said. Stephanie stood to shake Stephanie’s hand.
“ Yes I remember. Hi” Kate said as politely as she could. Kate could fee Gibbs’ frozen body behind her. Nobody else seemed to notice.
“ And this is Jethro, her fiancé” Tom kept up with the introductions. Gibbs didn’t say anything just kept staring at Stephanie.
“ Yes, we have already met” Stephanie answers for him. Tom looks a little surprised but doesn’t push the subject. Gibbs leans down and whispers in Kate’s ear.
“ We need to talk”. Kate had feared this day ever since her brother told her who he was bringing to the wedding.
“ Well so glad you all could make it. Enjoy the food and the wine” she said quickly as Gibbs steered her to a quiet corner.
“ What the hell Kate” he said in a hushed tone. She could still tell he was mad.
“ I’m sorry. I knew she was coming but I didn’t want to tell you because I knew how you would react” she told him. She could have sworn she saw him turn a different colour.
“ So you thought it would be better to surprise me the day before our wedding? What happened to no secrets and you wanting a relationship built on trust?” he said, still trying not to shout loudly. Kate was afraid this would happen.
“ Jet I didn’t tell you because you would have refused to come or refused her to come therefore my brother would be mad and I need my brothers here you know that. I have never lied to about anything else” she shot back at him. He ran his hands threw his hair.
“ Kate she is my ex-wife. That should be a good enough reason for her not to be here” he now yells at her. Kate shakes her head at him.
“ Why does that matter. She is with Tom and you’re with me and our wedding is tomorrow. Please can you just…forget about it” she pleads. Gibbs exhaled a deep breath and looked around the room and to he was thankful that no one was paying attention to their argument.
“ Jethro?” she pleading again, this time. He turned his gaze back to her and saw the glistening of tears in her eyes. He sighed and cupped her face.
“ You’re right” he said then leaned down and kissed her. Kate felt her body relax under his touch. She wrapped her arms around him and buried her head in the crook of his shoulder.
“ I love you and no ex-wife if going to stop me from marrying you” he told her.
“ If you’re going to be there, then you can count me in” she said with a smile. He kissed her again.
Reception
Kate and Gibbs were joined by other members of the bridal party and their families as they enjoyed their first dance as husband and wife. Kate stared up into Gibbs’ eyes as her hands behind his neck and her fingers played with his hair.
“ You’re so beautiful” he says then leans in and kisses her.
“ I love you” she says softly. He smiles at her.
“ I love you too, Mrs Gibbs”.
“ I don’t know when I will get used to hearing that” she replies with a smile. He couldn’t help but notice the couple off to his right. Stephanie and Tom were dancing too slowly in each other’s arms, Stephanie’s head resting on his shoulder and their hands entwined above his heart. Kate notices him watching the two. She stops dancing and grabs his face with her hands so he is looking at her.
“ They are happy, let them be. Ok?” she says. He nods.
“ Ok” he says then kisses her again. They soon forgot about everyone else and their kisses git more passionate and sexual. Gibbs’ hands were running all over Kate’s dress trying to get as much contact as he could. They were interrupted when Kate felt a tap on her shoulder. She broke the kiss and turned to see her sister Rachel standing next to her with a smile on her face.
“ Sorry to intrude, but the band is ready” she told them. Gibbs looked at both of them confused.
“ Band?” he asked. They both laughed at his expression.
“ Our cousin is in a band. They are really quiet good and I thought instead of hiring one I would just get them to play a few of their songs” Kate explained.
“ A federal agent, psychiatrist and a musician. What else is in your family?” he asks with a laugh.
“ Shut up” she says and hits him playfully.
“ Come on they are waiting for you two” Rachel said before heading towards the small stage that had been set up. Kate dragged Gibbs over and they stood in front of the other guests.
The band had 5 members, three girls and two guys and they were all dressed up but the girls didn’t have their shoes on, it was hard to rock in high heels.
“ Welcome everyone to the Todd/Gibbs wedding. I am Kate’s cousin Zoe and this is our band ‘Blue Crush’. Our first song is one I wrote personally for Kate and Gibbs. I love you Katie and I wish you both all the best and this is my wedding present to you guys” Zoe said before they got started. Kate mouthed a thank you before the drums and guitars started.

You're the kind of friend who always bends when I'm broken
Like remember when
You took my heart and put it back together again
I've been wasting time with clueless guys
But now it's over
Let me tell you why
I'm through
I've meet someone new
Who's just like you
You're it
You're the ultimate
It's automatic.
I'm sure of it
No lie
So don't even try
To tell me that you're not the guy
Cuz I've been waiting all my life
For someone just like you
But you're it
You're the ultimate, you
You're the kind of guy who's hands and mind send shivers up and down my spine
You took my heart and put it back together again.
You're the kind of guy that blows my mind
But now it's my turn
You've been right in front of me
Everything I need
Why didn't i see
You're it
You're the ultimate
It's Automatic.
I'm sure of it
No lie
So don't even try
To tell me that you're not the guy
Cuz I've been waiting all my life
For someone just like you
But you're it
You're the ultimate, you

The crowd cheered after the song. Zoe looked at Kate to get her approval. All Kate could do was smile and clap, her sign of that it was the perfect song that described her and Gibbs’ relationship. Mainly how she felt about him. As they started their next sing Kate turned around in Gibbs arms.
“ I love you so much” she tell him.
“ I love you” he replies and pulls her in for a kiss.
End Notes:
got this idea from watching 'Freaky Friday'.decided that Kate was too young to have be a widow with a 15 year old daughter, so this is what i came up with.
This story archived at http://www.ncisfiction.com/viewstory.php?sid=4023