Life by katetodd4eva
Summary: Kate and Gibbs's life together
Categories: Gibbs/Kate Characters: Anthony DiNozzo, Kate Todd, Leroy Jethro Gibbs, Timothy McGee, Ziva David
Genre: Established relationship, Friendship, Romance
Pairing: Gibbs/Kate
Warnings: None
Challenges:
Series: None
Chapters: 1 Completed: Yes Word count: 2516 Read: 2076 Published: 02/16/2011 Updated: 02/16/2011
Story Notes:
Just something I thought up.mixture of many thoughts.

1. Life by katetodd4eva

Life by katetodd4eva
Author's Notes:
Kate and Gibbs's life together
Gibbs walked up the small path to Kates place.He stood at her door and took a deep breath.He wanted to see her again.He wanted to hear her accept his job offer,well mainly he just wanted to see her again.He knocks on the door and waits for an answer.Nothing.He knocks again.Still no answer.He takes a look in her front window and can see that the lights are on.He knocks again,this time calling her name.Still nothing.Getting worried he trys the door handle and it is unlocked.He pokes his head inside and calls out again.He hears water running and assumes she is in the shower.It quickly turns off and he hears."I'll be right there".So he steps further inside closing the door behind him.While he waited he took a quick look around.There files neatly stacked on her dinning room table,pictures of her family and friends on every surface available,it was clean like he expected it to be."I'm sorry about that,i didnt hear you knock"she sid as she came out,still in her towel and towl drying her hair.Her steps slowed when she saw who it was."Gibbs,what are you doing here?"she asked confused.She all of a sudden feels very self-conscious standing in front of him in only a towel.Gibbs quickly regained his bearings and took a few steps towards her before answering her."I came for your answer"he said."Answer to what?"she asked still confused.She looked into his eyes,trying to figure hi out.What she saw was the same look he had given her when she had fallen il earlier on AF29000."The job offer,Agent Todd"he said taking a few more steps closer to her.He can she her chest rise and fall as her breath quickens due to their close proximity."Working for you will be...challenging"she says in a sweet voice."Damn straight"Gibbs says.He is so close to her that he can smell her milk and honey shower gel and her coconut shampoo.She drops the towel that was to dry her hair and her eyes roamed up Gibbs' body."I guess i have no choice"she said in a soft voice.A small smile crept across his face you."You always have a choice,Kate"he told her.He was now centimetres away from her.She could feel his body heat and it took all her strength not to reach out touch him right now."Ok,I accept"she said in almost a whisper.He smiled and whispere a "good" before he took her lips with his.It a soft and sweet kiss at first but quickly turned into one of passion and lust.Gibbs ran his hands through her wet hair pulling her closer to him.One hand left her hair a swiftly undid the knot in her towel that was holding it up and it fell to the floor.Gibbs ran his hands over her semi-dry body,but Kate wanted more.She slid his jacket off and dragged him up the hall to her bedroom.
3 YEARS LATER
Kate was waiting anxiously in the elevator.Her hand clung to a small picture.Her mind and her heart were racing as she watched the levels climb and soon enough she heard the satisfying ding and the doors opened.She ran out as fast as she could,being 5 months pregnant had stopped her doing a few things."Hey Kate,wow you're so big"McGee said as he saw her enter the bullpen."Thanks McGee.Where's Jethro?"she asked quickly."Uh...I'm not eaxctly sure.He could be down with Ducky"McGee said hoping he had said the right t
hing.Kate just smiled,gave him a kiss on the cheek and headed for the back elevator."Wow, what was that for Probie?"Tony asked as he returned from lunch.McGee turned his attention to Tony."I have no idea.Guess she is just in a good mood"he said with a shrugg.Kate waited patiently for the elevator arrived and she was about to step when Gibbs suddenly stepped out."Kate what are you doing here?"he asked as he went to continue to his desk but Kate stopped him."Wait.Is there somewhere we can talk?"she asked,her smile not faulting.Gibbs studied her face.He hadnt seen her smile like this in a while.He nods and guides her to the empty confrence room.He closes the door and waits patiently for Kate to speak."Well?"he asks."Do you remeber what today was?"she asks.He nods."You had that thing for the baby"he said pointing to her belly."Ultra sound yes and they gave me this"she said handing him the little picture.He looked and the blue and white picture, not sure what he was looking at exactly."What am I looking at?"he asked.Kate smiled and walked over to him."That is a picture of our babies"she said happily.Gibbs looked down at the picture again then back up Kate."Wait,what?"he asked.Kate's smile grew even wider."Honey,we're having twins"she said excitedly.Gibbs cant believe it.He looks down at the picture then back up at Kate.His smile lits up his whole face.He reached ou and wrapped his arms around Kate and kissed every inch of her.He couldnt find the words to say how happy he was.He pulled back to look at Kate whos smile was just as big as his."Twins?"he asked,double checking he heard right and nights just all some dream.Kate nodded."Twin boys"she told him.He could have fainted at the news,but instead he just kissed her."So you're happy about this?"she finally asked."Kate I...I am more then happy"he tells her giving her another quick kiss."I have to tell mum and the others but I dont want to tell everyone here yet"she told him.He looked confused."Why?""Because I want it to be our little secret.We can tell them eventually but not right ok?""Ok"he said with a smile and wrapped his arms around her again.They eventually left the confrence room and went back to the bullpen.Gibbs gave her one last kiss,which wasnt really appropriate for the work place."Wow boss,any reason why you just devoured Kate?"Tony asked.Ziva and McGee laughed at him waiting for the head slap."She's carring my son DiNozzo,I have to thank her somehow"he answered with a smile.Kate felt a slight blush rise on her cheeks.Ziva,Tony and McGee looked at Kate who had a huge smile on her face.
2 MONTHS LATER
Kate arrived in the empty bullpen.It was their third wedding anniversary and Gibbs was taking her out to dinner.Her feet were aching so she sat at Gibbs' desk and waited.It wasnt long til she heard the familiar voives then saw the familiar faces.She smiled when she saw Gibbs round the corner and head straight for her.She tried to get up but being 7 months pregnant wit twins makes moving around harder.Gibbs came around the desk and helped her up,grabbed his coat and moved from his desk."Kate you're huge.Are you sure you are having just one?"Tony teased.She knew this time would come,but she actually thought it would have happened sooner."Well no Tony,my egg decided to divide so instead of having one boy we are having two"she said with a hint of sarcasm.The three agents looked at Kate and Gibbs,shocked that they had kept it a secret for so long."Oh my god"Tony said."Congratulations"Ziva said giving Kate a hug."Yeah congrats guys"McGee said.Kate gave them all a sweet smile."Now if you dont mind we have a dinner to go to"Gibbs said putting a hand on Kate's lower back and escorted her out.The bullpen was silent until Tony finally spoke."Wow,I didnt think the boss had it in him"he said.Ziva laughed."Well actually Tony,it was Kates egg that divided,nothing to do with Gibbs' sperm"she said matter of factly.Both men had disgusted looks on their faces."I think I've heard enough about eggs and sperm for one day"McGee said as he heading for Abby's lab.
ANOTHER 2 MONTHS LATER
Kate was sitting on the bed between Gibbs' legs as he gently massaged her aching back.Kate moaned as he worked out the kinks in her lower back."Is it feeling any better?"he asked."Yes.You are truly amazing"she said.She reached back and pulled him forward,turned and kissed him."Thank you"she says with a smile."If it makes you feel more comfortable,I'm happy to do it"he said as he placed a kiss on her neck.She let out a sigh,not wanting to ruin the moment,but she couldnt hold it anymore."Sweetie I have to go to the bathroom"she said in an annoyed tone.Gibbs gave a small chuckle then got up off the bed before turning and helping her off.She gave him a quick kiss before she waddled off to the toilet.Gibbs sat back down on the bed waited for Kate to return.The house was silent so it made it easier for Gibbs to hear Kates scream.He jumped off the bed and burst through the bathroom door."What's wrong?"he asked quickly.She was still on the toilet.One hand on her stomach and the other on the wall to steady herself.She let out a deep breath before repling."I think my water just broke"she said her voice breaking."What?"he asked not believing it."My back pain,I think it was small contractions which are now much,much more intense"she said and took another deep breath.Gibbs snapped into action. he made his way over to her and help her off the toilet.She grabbed him and held on tight not trusting her own feet."It's going to be ok.We'll be at the hospital soon"he said helping her down the hallway.He sat her down on the bed while he quickly pulle on a t-shirt and grabbed her bag."Jet I dont think I will make it to the hospital"she said as another contraction shot through her.He rushed to her side."Yes you will.We can not have them here Katie.Come on we got to get going"he urged her,helping her up again.They made their way to the car.He helped her in,pushing the seat back giving her as much room as possible.He drove as fast as he could without breaking any major rules.At a red light he turned to check on Kate.She was breathing deeply and both hands clenched into fists.Her head was right back and eyes closed."How is it?"he asked placing a gentle hand on her belly.Kate turned her to face him and opened her eyes."Ok.Not as extreme as eariler.They still want out though"she said with a smile.He returned it."Soon.We'll be there soon"he assured her and took off at the green lights.
3 HOURS LATER
"Come on Katie you can do it"Gibbs coached her although it felt as if his hand was going to fall off from lack of circulation.With a big push and a scream their first baby was out.The midwife cut the cord and handed him off to a nearby nurse."Ok Kate,one more to go.I'm going to need another really big push ok"the midwife said.Kate just nodded,to exhausted to speak.Gibbs kissed her head and squeesed her hand with both of his."1,2,3"the midwife counted and Kate pushed and screamed as hard and as loud as she could until she heard jer second baby's cries.She slumped back agaisnt the pillows,her chest heaving and face sweaty.Once again a nurse took their son away for mandatory checks.Gibbs turned to Kate and kissed her forhead again."I am so proud of you"he whispered.A smile crossed her face but her eyes remained closed."I love you"she managed to choke out."I love you too,now get some rest"he said.She nodded and soon enough her breathing had evened out.He kissed her hand and went to speak to the midwife."How are they?"he asked."As far as I could tell they were healthy.Do you have names picked out?"she asked.Gibbs nodded."First one out is Jacob Todd Gibbs and the second Ethan Alexander Gibbs"he informed her and wrote the appropriate names with the appropriate times they were dilevered."When can I see the them?"he asked."Soon.We will bring them back when everything is done.For now I advise you to rest like your wife"she said with a smile and a look towards Kates sleeping form in the small white hospital bed."When she wakes up be sure to help her shower.She will still be very sore"she advised.Gibbs nodded."Of course.Thank you"he said with a sincere smile."Anytime"the midwife replied and left.Gibbs walked back over to Kates bed snd re-tucked her in.He kissed her cheek and left the room in search for coffee.He arrived back in the room 30 mins later after being able to visit his boys in the nursery.He pulled a chair up closer to Kates bed and ran a gentle hand over her cheek.Her eyes fluttered open and a small smile spreasd on her face when she saw Gibbs."What time isit?"she asked gorgilt."Bit after 2am"he said."How are the boys?"she asked pulling the blanket up further."They're great.You should get some more rest"he said moving hair out of her face.She nodded and closed her eyes.He sat back in his chair and closed his own eyes."Sweetie"he heard her small voice.He opened his eyes and saw Kate looking at him with with a smile."Yeah?"he asked."Happy Birthday"she said.He chuckled then leaned in to steal a kiss."Thank you.You've given me the best two presents I could of asked for"he said and kissed her again.A single tear ran down her face."I love you"she said."I love you too"he said then kissed her again."Get some rest"he told her again and soon enough she was alseep.
6 YEARS LATER
"I dont want you to go"Ethan said as he hugged his mum."I know sweetie but I have to.If I could send someone else I would"she told him."Can we come?"Jacob asked."I would really love to take you all to Paris but you guys have school"she tried to explain.Being director of NCIS was tough,but what was tougher was saying goodbye to her family when she had to go on business trips and it got harder and harder each time."Ok you boys be good for daddy ok.And I will ring you every night before you go to bed ok"she said starting to get teary.She put Ethan down and grabbed her purse.The car was already packed and her driver waiting for her.Gibbs never admitted to anyone(only to his sons)that he hated seeing Kate go.He hated not having her at home and in their bed to cuddle up to.He grabs her arm and walks her to the car,Jacob and Ethan wait by the door.Gibbs opens the car door for her."I hate doing this"she tells him,wiping away a few stray tears."Then dont go"he tells her.She rolls her eyes."You know I have to and now that you're retired I cant just up and quite"she tells him.He nods,he already knows this.He steps close and wraps her in his arms.He kisses her cheek and holds her tighter and she buries her face in his neck."Be safe and dont work to hard"he tells her."I'll call you whenever I can"she tells him.He pulls back and looks at her tear stained face."We will be ok.We always are"he says wiping her face.She nods with a snifle."We love you and we will miss you"he tells her and leans in and kisses her."I love you.God i would of thought this would get easier"she says with a laugh."Wait 'til they leave home"he tells her.She laughs,gives him one last kiss and hug then gets into the car.Gibbs walks back to the two boys who are both crying.He bends down and picks both of them up.The wave to Kate as the pulls out of the drive-way.They waved until they could no longer see the car.Gibbs let out a long shaky breath."Oh kay,who wants to paint the boat?"he says trying to cheer them up."I do,I do"they both cheer as they climb out of his arms and run towards the basement.Gibbs closes the door and pauses."Keep her safe"he whispers before chasing after the twins.
End Notes:
Just something I thought up.mixture of many thoughts.
This story archived at http://www.ncisfiction.com/viewstory.php?sid=4032