Hawaii by katetodd4eva
Summary: A different scenario where Kate and Gibbs meet.
Categories: Gibbs/Kate Characters: Abby Sciuto, Anthony DiNozzo, Donald Mallard, Kate Todd, Leroy Jethro Gibbs, Timothy McGee
Genre: Alternate Universe, First Time, Holiday, Humor, Romance
Pairing: Gibbs/Kate
Warnings: None
Challenges:
Series: None
Chapters: 13 Completed: No Word count: 22746 Read: 60787 Published: 03/27/2011 Updated: 04/27/2011
Story Notes:
The idea came to me while reading a book.I couldnt stop thinking how well it suited Kate and Gibbs.It is very AU as Yankee White basically ner happened.

There are other chapters coming.

1. Hawaii by katetodd4eva

2. D.C Love by katetodd4eva

3. Caught Out by katetodd4eva

4. I Love You by katetodd4eva

5. Meet and Greet by katetodd4eva

6. Family by katetodd4eva

7. Announcement by katetodd4eva

8. Parents by katetodd4eva

9. Ultrasound by katetodd4eva

10. Too Long by katetodd4eva

11. It's Time by katetodd4eva

12. Discusion by katetodd4eva

13. Garden Wedding by katetodd4eva

Hawaii by katetodd4eva
Author's Notes:
A different scenario where Kate and Gibbs meet.
Kate stood at the bar looking at the many assortments of drinks ranging from alcohol, juice, teas and mixtures of all three.
"Um..." she said running a hand throug her hair.
"She'll take a pineapple juice with coconut milk" a strong male voice said. She turned to see a tall, solid built man with baby blue eyes and silver wispy hair standing next to her.
"And you are?" she asked raising an eyebrow.
"Jethro Gibbs" he said holding his hand out. Kate smiled and took his hand.
"Kate Todd. How long have you been here?" she asked.
"One week out of four. You?" he asked.
"Two days out of two weeks" she said. She turned back to the bartender who placed the drink in front of her.
"Thank you" she said with a smile. She took a small sip.
"Wow, that's amazing" she said and took another.
"Everything here is amazing" he told her. He finally took the stool next to her.
"So what brings you to Hawaii?" Kate asked with a smile.
"Forced leave" he said with a laugh. Kate laughed too.
"That's exactly why I'm here. My family wanted me to take some time off work, so they sent me here for two weeks" she told him.
"You are work-a-holic too?"he asked. Kate nodded and finished her drink before she spoke.
"I dont have a nine to five job, it's more like a twenty two hour, seven days a week job" she joked.
"Doing what?" he asked.
"Protecting the President" she said. Jethro's face lit up.
"Secret Service" he said. She ordered another drink.
"You sound surprised" she said with a smile. Jethro shook his head and smiled.
"You just dont seem like the person to be protecting the President"he said. kate turned to face him.
"Why? Because I'm a woman?" she asked with a smile.
"No, because you're young and good looking" he said seriously. Kate could feel the red rise in her cheeks and looked away to hide it from him. He cleared his throat and sat up straighter.
"Have you eaten yet?" he asked.
"Bedside the fruit in my hotel room, no I havent" she told him. He slid off the stool.
"Good, cause I know some great places for the best local food" he said. Kate quickly finished her drink and followed him alone Waikiki beach. They fell into easy conversation as Jethro led her to a small local restaruant.
"So what made you choose Hawaii to spend your time off?" Kate asked as they waited on their food. Gibbs shrugged.
"Away from everything, it's beautiful and relaxing. Why did you come to Hawaii?"he asked.
"My parents choosing. They said I need to relax and get away from the city. I'm not complaining, it' beautiful here"she said looking around. Silence fell amongst them, so Kate kept on getting to know Leroy Jethro Gibbs.
"And what is it exactly that you do?"she asked. He smiled.
"I work for NCIS"he told her. Kate nodded.
"I see. I dont know if thats a good thing or a bad" she said with a laugh. Jethro laughed to before he answered.
"It can be good".
"So why NCIS? Why not FBI or the CIA?" she asked.
"I was a marine, so NCIS was my best choice"he said. Kate was stunned.
"You're an ex-marine" she said in disbelief.
"No such thing as an ex-marine" he told her.
"Clearly. So have you been to the memorial at Pearl Harbour?" she asked. He shook his head.
"Not yet". They were interrupted by the arrival of their food.
After they had a meal he took her to the markets which were filled with exotic foods, dresses,shirts and jewellery. As the sun started to set Jethro walked Kate back to her hotel room.
"Thank you for showing me around today" Kate said.
"Not a problem. If you need a tour guide for the rest of your time. Call me" he said as he handed her his card. She smiled.
"I'll be sure to do that. Good night Jethro" she said as she opened her door.
"Good night" he said then headed for the elevator. Kate stepped inside and closed the door. She couldnt believe her luck. Her family sent her on a vacation and she just happened to meet a handsome man who was all but too happy to show her around. Of course he was older, but with age came maturity and experience.

***
The next morning Kate woke up and stepped out onto her small balcony that over looked then end of Waikiki beach. She could get used to this view, she really could. She decided to go for a morning swim and on the way back she grabed one of those delicious drinks Jethro had ordered fro her the day before.
Up in her room she saw Jethro's card sitting on her coffee table. She picked it up and stared at it deciding what to do. She grabbed her phone and dialed his number.
"Gibbs" he answered.
"Hi, it's Kate. Are you busy?" she asked.
"Not at all" he answered, sounding happier then before.
"Good, because I was wondering if you would like to take me to the Navy memorial at Pearl Harbour today?" she asked. She held her breath waiting for his reply.
"Sure, sounds great. I'll be right over" he answered without to much thought.
"Great. I'll see you soon" and she hung up. She smiled. She was so happy she felt like jumping up and down. Then there was the dilema of what to wear. She quickly went through her suit case and decided to go with the hawaiian print dress she had brought yesterday. She grabbed her purse just as there was a soft knock at her door. She opened with a smile.
"You look great" Jethro immediately commented her dress. She gave him a smile and took in his appearance. He wore a lite blue polo shirt, faded green khaki shorts and brown sandals. Definitely not NCIS dress code, she thought.
"You ready to go?" he asked.
"Yes" she said. She took his offered arm and he led them down to hi rental car. It was quiet a drive to the site at Pearl Harbour, although the car was filled with chatter and laughter.
"So why is that everyone hates NCIS? If everyone is like you, I dont see what the problem is" she said with a laugh.
"Maybe because we do what we want and dont always follow the rules" he told her with a laugh. They finally arrived and parked near the visitors centre where the tendors departed to take visitors out to the odd-shaped white memorial floating in the harbour. They climbed onto the memorial along with the other visitors. Jethro pointed out the remains of the sunken vessel below them. Kate was in owe. She had never seen anything like it. She couldnt hide the shiver that ran up her spine.
"You ok?" Jethro asked as he noticed.
"Yeah. I just can't believe I am standing over more then a thousand dead men right now" she said.
"I know. Did you want to go?" he asked. Kate shook her head.
"Oh no, I'm fine. It's just a little confronting thats all" she explained. He nodded in agreement. He put an arm around her shoulders and led her to the marble wall where the names of all those lost were carved. Kate stared at it in amazement.
"How about we go and I take you out for diner and a show" he suggested.
"Sounds wonderful" she agreed.
They made the long drive back to Honolulu.
"Do I need to change?" she asked. Jethro looked over at her.
"What you're wearing is just fine" he said with a smile. He finally found a park and he led her into an old hotel, the Moonflower. He led her out onto the terrace that faced the sea and settled at a table. Jethro ordered two mai tais.
"It's pineapple juice and rum. Very nice" he told her. She smiled.
"I didnt take you for the rum type" she said.
"No, bourbon. I dont think it would go well with pineapple juice though". Kate laughed. Soon enough the drinks arrived and Kate took a tiny sip.
"It's wonderful" she sommented. Jethro smiled. They stared out over the ocean as the warm colours of the setting sun filled the sky.
"It' gorgeous" she said taken away wonderful smells, colours and sounds.
"Yes it is" he agreed looking at her. Kate glanced at him and blushed when she noticed he was looking at her. As the moon started to rise a band started to set up and a woman in a figure-hugging Hawaiian dress walked between tables, pausing to greet people around the terrace and verandah of the restaurant.
"Who's that?" Kate asked, struck by the beauty of the Hawaiian woman.
"Lani. She' tonights entertainment" he told her. The band started to play and Lani moved in front of the band to the centre of the stage. Lani started to sway, her hips circling, her arms lifted in a graceful curve and her eyes on her fingertips.
"She is amazing. I suppose you would have to be born to it to dance like that" Kate said quietly.
"They get taught as toddlers" he told her.
"How many times have you seen this?" she asked.
"A few" he said with a smile.
After the show they moved into the restaurant for diner. As it was getting late Jethro drove Kate back to her hotel.
"I had fun today" she said before getting out of the car.
"I'm glad. So tomorrow?" he asked. Kate thought for a bit.
"I thought i could do some souveneir shopping, but we could do diner?" she suggested. Jethro nodded.
"Sounds like a date" he said. He leaned in and kissed her cheek. His lips lingerd there for a bit before pulling back.
"Good night" he said softly.
"Night" she said then stepped out of the car and headed up to her room.

***
The next morning kate caught a bus to the Ala Moana shopping centre and lost herself amognst the stores. She met so many friendly people who were more then happy to help her find what she was looking for. She bought herself some more dresses, a hat, her mum and sister a sarong and some homemade moisteriser, her father a Hawaiian shirt and her brothers can holders as well as some towels. She managed to lug all her bags back to her hotel room. She had just set the bags down when there was a knock on her door.
"Hey, come in" she said happily. Jethro walked in and saw the bags.
"You've been busy" he commented.
"I just got home. Do you mind if I go change?" she asked. Jethro looked her up and down.
"You look great in what you're in" he said.
"I brought these dresse that I would like to wear. I will be ten minutes tops" she said, grabbed a dress and headed into the bathroom. Jethro went and stood out on her balcony and admired the view she had.
Kate quickly pulled on her new dress. It was backless, red with white flowers. It hugged her figure magically. She did her hair up in a ponytail, slipped on some sandals, touched up her make-up and sprayed on some perfume then exited. Jethro straightened and turned around when he heard Kate behind him.
"Kate, you look amazing. I love the dress" he said not taking his eyes off her. Kate blushed and did a bit of a twirl to show him the rest of the dress.
"Just trying to fit in with the locals" she said. Jethro walked over to the coffee table and picked out a flower from the vase and walked over to Kate. He gently placed the flower in her hair.
"There. Perfect" he said. He kissed her cheek again. As he pulled back Kate kissed him. It was a gentle kiss and she wound her arms around his neck. He wrapped his arms around her waist pulling her closer as their kiss became more passionate. They fell back on the bed, wrapped in each other's arms, desire over taking them. Kate quickly kicked off her sandals and pulled at Jethro's shirt as he pulled at the zipper or her dress.
They clung together, their naked bodies lit up by the soft light. Jethro pulled back, searching her face.
"Are you sure about this?" he asked. Kate stared up into his eyes.
"I have never been more sure" she replied. He hesitated a moment more before kissing her again. Still hestitant he let her take over as he didnt want to make her feel pressured. Having control made her feel sexy.
They lay together, warm wet bodies side by side. Jethro ran a hand over her stomach and nuzzled her neck.
"That was amazing" he murmued into her ear. Kate smiled.
"Mmm, yes it was" she said as she ran her hand through her hair.
"Hey, I'm starving, could we still make it for diner?" she asked. Jethro looked at his watch.
"Yeah we can still make it. It's only just down the road. You sure you still want to go?" he asked.
"If you do. Although I'm very happy to stay her" she said as she kissed him and moved her body towards his.
"Mmm, I like that idea" he said. She smiled and pulled him on top of her.

***
The next morning Kate woke up and saw Jethro sitting on her balcony in only a towel. She looked at his strong back andthe outline of his head. She couldnt help but think he was one of the most handsome man she'd ever seen, despite his age. Kate propped herself up on her elbow.
"Morning. How long have you been awake?" she called to him. He stood up and made his way over to her.
"Not long. I watched you sleep for a while. You look like a little girl" he said and dropped his towel and slid into the bed beside her.
"Well I am, compared to you" she joked.
"You in a rush to go anywhere?" he asked. she shook her head and reached for him.
"No sir. You?" she asked with a smile.
"Not at all" he replied and kissed her. So they spent most of the day in bed. Ordered some food and then went back to bed.
Kate was lying on his chest playing with the hairs on his chest.
"So how about that diner you owe me" she said. Jethro moved his hands up and down her arm.
"If you want. It's diner and a show" he said.
"Another one?" she asked looking up at him.
"It's all for the tourist. I'm sure you will love this one as well" he assured her.
"Ok, if you insist" she said and got up out of bed. She threw on the dress from the night before, did her make-up and hair and was ready to go.
"So what are we seeing tonight?" she asked as they walked out of the hotel.
"It's called Don Ho. It' right across the road at the Beachcomber lounge" he told her.
"What exactly is the Don Ho?" she asked as they stopped to wait to cross the street. Jethro smiled at her.
"You'll see" was all he said. He led her into the hotel and they settled into a booth under starry lights where a candle flickered in pink glass.
"So how many times have you seen this Don Ho?" she asked. He smiled.
"A couple". Kate laughed.
"Are you liking it here?" he asked as he leant over and took her hand.
"Of course. It's fantastic. I'm dreading going back home" she told him with a smile.
"I don't normally live like this. It's the magic of Hawaii. The ultimate romantic getaway" he told her.
"Is that what this is? How often do you have romantic getaways?" she asked, half serious half joking. Jethro felt like kicking himself for what he said.
"Of course not, this is a first. Since my third divorce" he said trying to lighten up the mood. It worked as a small smile played at her mouth. She turned and focused her attention to the other guests that filled the retaruant, while she subconciously ran her thumb over his hand. Jethro couldnt take his eyes of her. She is so beautiful, he thought.
"Kate...you've made my time here...well worth it" he told her. He saw the slight blush rise in her cheeks as she turned back to face him.
"You too. I never thought I would have this much fun and I didnt think I would meet anyone like you" she told him. He just smiled and the moment was interrupted by the waiter bringing them their drinks. He then handed her the menu.
"We should order dinner. The show is about to start" he said as he searched the menu.
Kate enjoyed Don Ho's show. She enjoyed his humour and flirtatious manner, the Hawaiian dancers and singers. She had never seen anyhting like it before.
"It's amazing" she whispered. He smiled.
"Do you want to dance?" he asked as he got up. Kate took his hand and he pulled her to her feet.
"I didn't take you for the dancing type" she said with a little laugh as he danced them around the floor, carefully dodging the other couples.
"Three weddings, I picked up some moves" he replied lightly. Kate smiled and shook her head.
"What?" he asked looking down at her.
"I wondered how a guy like you could still be single, but now I know you werent always singe" she explained.
"Do you have a problem with that?" he asked. She shook her head.
"Nope" and she leaned up and kissed him.

Kate sat out on her balcony with a cup of coffee. Jethro had slept at his hotel room, for the first night in days. She smiled to herself as she looked out at the already blue, cloudless sky, that was reflected in the equally clear blue water which reminded her of Jethro's eyes. She got up and picked up the phone and dialed his number.
"Hello" he answered gruffly.
"Hey, what are you doing today?" she asked happily.
"What ever you want to do" he answered.
"Great, because I was thinking we could go explore the rest of the island" she said.
"So you've had enough of the high rises and resorts" he said with a laugh.
"There are high rises and resorts in DC. I want to see the real Hawaii".
"Ok. I'll be there in 20" he told her.
"Great, see you then" and she hung up. She was so excited and she didnt know why. They had spent almost everyday together since she arrived and now she was leaving in three days. She should be upset about going back, but she is happy.
They drove the back roads. The scenery so different.
"I would of never guessed Hawaii looked like this. It's beautiful" Kate exclaimed as she looked at the green land passing by her window.
"It all use to look like this. We're lucky this is still left" he told her. She smiled at him then went back to admiring the scenery.
"So where exactly did you want to go?" he asked.
"I'm not to sure. I was hoping we could find a private beach or something. Where no tourists will be" she said with a shrug. Jethro laughed.
"May be difficult with the amount of surfers on the island" he said with a chuckle. Then Kate saw a break through some of the tress.
"Wait. What about over there?" she pointed and Jethro slowed down. He reversed and parked by the small dirt track.
"And how do you know it leads to a beach or a pond?" he asked skeptically.
"I don't" she answered with a smile as she got out of the car, grabbing her bag. Jethro got out and followed her.
After what felt like hours there was finally a break in the trees and they could hear the low rumble of the waves.
"Looks like our lucky day" Kate said as she took her shoes off at the edge of the sand. Jethro watched her walk down the beach. She seemed like such a free spririt. Definitely not the personality of a Secret Service Agent, he thought to himself.
"Are you coming?" she called. Jethro couldn't say no to her. He took off his shoes and followed her path down the beach. Kate had dropped her towel, bag and shoes just up from the wet sand. She lifted her dress up and over her head and dropped it into the already made pile. She waited for Jethro to catch up. When he did, he droped his things next to hers. He paused to look at the goddess of a woman in front of him. He still couldn't believe how lucky he was to be spending time with someone like Kate.
"Is everything ok?" Kate asked watching him. Jethro came out of thoughts and nodded his head and produce a small smile. "Good. Now lets get this off" she said as she stepped forward and lifted off his shirt and threw it on the pile she had already made. She ran her hands over his chest then leaned down and picked up a small container from her bag.
"You do my back, I do yours" she said happily. Jethro gave a little laugh before taking the sunscreen.
Kate put the sunscreen back in her bag when she was done then made her way down to the water. She stood in the water lapping at her knees. She turned around expecting to see Jethro behind her. She saw him still up on the beach.
"Are you coming?" she called out. Jethro gave a nod and slowly made his way to the water. Once in he went straight to Kate wrapping his arms around her and kissed her. Kate pulles back and smiled at him.
"I'm going to miss this" she told him. He nodded his head then kissed her again.
"We better make the most of it" he said then dove into the water. Kate turned and watched him pop up behind a small wave. Kate smiled and followed his actions. They swam in the warm crystal blue water for an hour before Jethro decided to head back in. He sat down next the to pile of clothes as the sun slowly started to dry him. Kate saunted up the beach soon after and sat down next to him.
"Thank you" Kate suddenly said. Jethro looked over at her.
"For what?" he asked.
"For the past two weeks. I thought I was going to be so bored on this island by myself. I didnt expect to meet a charming man" she said with a smile.
"You forgot good looking" he said with a laugh.
"How could I forget" she said with a smirk and leaned over and kissed him. Kate pushed Jethro back down onto the sand and got on top of him. Jethro ran his hands up her thighs to her sandy bum. Kate stopped their kiss and got off him. He looked up at her in question. She had a cheeky smile on her face.
"Why dont we have some fun" she said as she walked back slowly to the waters edge. Jethro sat up on his arms and watched her.
"I'm gunna rest for a bit" he told her. Kate shook her head.
"I don't think you should" then she undid the top knot of her bikin top and let it go reveiling her perfect breasts to him. Jethros voice caught in his throat and he swallowed before he tried to speak.
"That's not a good idea" he called to her. She smiled at him and undid the bottom knot and let the top hit the sand.
"Why not? No one else is here" she told him. Jethro groaned as he watched her slip of her bottoms.
"You can either join me, or sit up there and watch" she said and made her into the water. He had no idea what to do. Yes they were away from most people but anyone could turn up. Then again there was a gorgeous naked woman waiting for him in the water. He groaned as he got up and made his way to the waters edge. He looked down at Kate's discarded bikini, then out to see Kate's smiling face bobbing up and down.
"Take it off" she called. Jethro pointed to his pants.
"Yes. You look so much better naked" she called back. He was so glad she was out there where she couldnt see him blush. He hadnt been told that before, especially at his age now. He took a quick look around the beach and took a deep breath. In one swift movement he pulled down his shorts and then quickly entered the water. He swam out to where Kate was.
"Happy?" he asked. She nodded her head and wrapped her arms and legs around him.
"Very" she said before kissing him again.

Kate rolled over and realised Jethro was no longer there. She opened her eyes and saw the red lights of the clock starring at her, 4:21. She rubbed her eyes and sat up. In the little light that was in the room she saw Jethro sitting on a chair across the room in his boxers.
"Everything ok?" she asked. Jethro shook his head and sat up straighter in the chair.
"This isnt me. I don't drink pineapple juice, dance or swim naked in the ocean" he said trying to be as serious as possible. Kate gave a little laugh at the reference to yesterdays swimming activities.
"I know. You told me before" Kate replied as she climbed to the end of the bed.
"You dont get it. I am a moody, controlling, work-a-holic who drinks bourbon while working on my boat. I dont talk about feelings and I have been called a bastard on more then one occasion" he told her raising his voice a little. Kate sighed.
"Jethro I would hate to dissapoint you but none of that makes me want to stop spending time with you. We all act differently one holidays, even me" she told him. She got up off the bed and went to stand in front of him.
"I want to see you again when you get back to D.C and you cant change my mind. I leave tomorrow and I wan to spend my last day with you because I am going to hate my life when I get back" she told him.
"Ok, but don't say I didnt warn you" he said then leaned up and kissed her.
"Now lets go back to bed and wait for the sun to come up" she said as she pulled him off the chsir and back into the bed where they cuddled until they fell back to sleep.


Kate stared out the passenger window as Jethro drove to the airport. She had dreaded this day since she started enjoying his company. She had already given him her address and home number, but he still had two weeks leave so for now it would be all work and no play.
She checked in and they went to the terminal to wait. They sat holding hands looking out the windoe at the planes coming and going, mainly little domestic planes.
"You're not happy?" he asked. She looked at him and tried to muster a smile.
"Going home to an empty apartment and a demanding job. What's to be happy about" she said litely.
"You get to sleep in your own bed. Be in a city you know, be with your friends" he said. She had to admit he had a point.
"You're right. I have just had such a great time, I don't want to go back to reality" she said looking back out the window.
"I'll call you when I get back, I promise" he whispered in her ear then kissed her cheek.
"Flight 219 is now boarding" came the announcment. Kate sighed as she grabbed her carry-on bag and stood up. Jethro also got up and walked her over to the line that was now forming. Kate stopped in her tracks, turned around and threw her arms around Jethro. She hugged him so tightly he thought his head was going to explode. There was another announcement made and she pulled back.
"I better go" she said then leaned up and kissed him. He cupped her face not wanting to let her go. Kate felt the sudden pain in her heart and pulled back out of Jethro's reach.
"I will be expecting your call" she said as she made her way to the line, then through the doors to and up the corridor to the plane. She found her seat easyly and buckled herself in. She leaned her head on the head rest and closed her eyes. She hated goodbyes of any kind. She had only known him for two weeks and already her heart felt like it was going to break. She took a calming breath and tried to think of things to distract her, like what she needed when she did the shopping, what needed to be washed and ironed ready for work.


Kate had gotten home early and got some house work done. She cooked herself a quick meal, chicken stir-fry. It was almost 9 when she decided to get ready for bed. She was in the bathroom brushing her teeth when there came a knock at her door. She stopped brushing and waited for another knock which shortly came. She padded through her apartment and opened her door. She froze when she saw the man standing there. He looked terrible but still as handsome as ever.
"I got in a few hours ago. I wanted to see you" he told her. Kate removed her tooth brush and showed him inside.
"Ive me a inute" she mumbled with tooth paste in her mouth. Jethro smiled as she disappeared into the bathroom. A few minutes later she returned tooth pasteless. "Hi" she said with a big grin.
"That was a good look for you" he joked.Kate gave a short laugh. She didnt know why but all of a sudden she felt embarressed in front of him. They havent seen in each other in two weeks and she had wanted to see him, she just didnt know how to act.
"How was the rest of your leave?" she asked as she jestured towards the living room. She sat down on the sofa and Jethro sat down next to her.
"Quiet. Hows work?" he asked her. Kate gave him a soft smile.
"Busy. Everyone has been bugging me about what I did" she told him.
"And?".
"I told them everything. Well not everything but...well you know. You know what the funny thing is, they all warned me about you" she said with a chuckle. Jethro gave her a small smile.
"And they're right. Kate we're not on holidays anymore. Things will change, I will change" he started but Kate stoppped him. She got up and straddled his lap, her arms resting on the back of the sofa.
"Stop making excuses" she said and leaned in and kissed him. Her hands left the couch and ran through his hair. His hands ran up her thighs and rested on her ass.
"I've missed you" she breathed against her lips.
"Mmm" he replied as he kissed her again. His actions spoke more then what his words ever could as he hurriedly ripped her pajama top off and tossed it away. He started kissing her chest, his hands roam over her bare back. He swiftly places Kate on her back on the sofa and he postions his body above hers. He leant down to kiss her but stopped.
"I like you Kate" he said in almost a whisper. A broad smile broke over Kate's face.
"I like you too, Jethro" she replied. He smiled.
"Good" he said the kissed her.
End Notes:
The idea came to me while reading a book.I couldnt stop thinking how well it suited Kate and Gibbs.It is very AU as Yankee White basically ner happened.

There are other chapters coming.
D.C Love by katetodd4eva
Author's Notes:
Now they are both back in D.C their relationship has continued.
It is a hot and humid summer night and Kate is alseep in only a t-shirt, her blankets at the end of the bed and the window open letting in what breeze there was. Since her dinner with Jethro had to be cancelled and a big week at work she decided to go to bed early, it only being 10.
Since being together for five months now, Jethro has a key to her apartment and she has a key to his house, although he never locks his front door, only when Kate stays over. So this night he uses the key to get inside. All the lights are off so he quietly takes his shoes and jacket off leaving them on the table along with his keys. He then makes his way to Kate's bedroom. He stops at the door to admire her sleeping form. He smiles to himself before making his way to the bed. He gently lowers himself onto the bed behind Kate. He runs a gently hand over her bare leg then places genly kisses. Kate starts to stire and he moves up the bed and wraps an arm over her waist.
"I thought you had to work" she says sleepily as she rolls over and burries her head in his chest. He kisses the top of her head.
"I did but we finished early. I guess not early enough" he says softly.
"I have to be up at five" she tells him after a long yawn.
"Well then go back to sleep" he ordered. He felt her nod her head. He wrapped his arms around her tighter and relaxed into the bed. With little trouble he to fell asleep.
End Notes:
just a quick chapter.not much to it.
Caught Out by katetodd4eva
Author's Notes:
They have been together for months. So why doesnt no one know abou Kate?
"Morning" Jethro said as he felt Kate's weight on top of him.
"Good morning. I had the sexiest dream last night" she said as she kissed his neck.
"Really?" he asked with a smile.
"Do you want me to show you?" she asked in a husky voice.
"Please" he said as he felt Kate grind her hips into his.
Kate layed next to Jethro and ran a hand over his chest.
"You really dreamt that?" he asked, still a little out of breath.
"Yep. Waking up next to you, I couldnt resist" she said. Jethro rolled over and kissed her then got up out of bed.
"Where are you going?" she asked watching him out of the room.
"To shower" he called back. Kate laughed to herslef and closed her eyes. She couldnt believe how perfect her life was right now. Perfect job, perfect boyfriend and perfect relationship. Kate opened her eyes as there came a knock on the front door. She quickly got up and threw on some clothes.
She unlocked the door and came face to face with a very tall, fair haired man.
"Uh, is Gibbs home?" he asked stunned at seeing the younger woman.
"Yeah, he is in the shower. Who are you?" she asked crossing her arms over her chest.
"Tony DiNozzo. Who are you?" he asked still confused as to why this extremly gorgeous woman was standing in nothing but pajama shorts and what could only be one of Jethro's t-shirts.
"Kate Todd. He shouldnt be to much longer if you want to come in and wait" Kate said inviting Tony in. He stepped inside and turned to face Kate.
"He doesnt usual lock the front door" he stated.
"I know. He only locks it when I stay over" she tells him with a smile.
"Do you want anything? Coffee?" she asked as she headed for the kitchen.
"Coffee sounds good" Tony replied and followed her into the kitchen.
"So how long have you and Gibbs...you know" Tony asked.
"Just over six months. He hasnt told you about me?" she asked. Tony shook his head.
"Gibbs is a very private person. I have been working for him for three years and still dont know how old he is" Tony said with a little laugh. Kate smiled and filled three cups full of coffee.
"I'll go see if he's done" Kate said as she handed Tony his cup.
"Thanks" he replied quickly. Kate entered the room to see Jethro pulling on a shirt.
"Agent DiNozzo is waiting for you in the kitchen" she said.
"What?" he asked annoyed.
"He arrived when you were n the shower. How come he has no idea who I am?" she asked.
"Because I know DiNozzo" was all he said as he rushed past her towards the kitchen. Kate sighed and decided it was time to get ready for work. When done she made her way back out to the kitchen to find two empty cups in the sink. She quickly finished her own coffee before heading off to work.

Jethro returned from getting another coffee. He sat down at his desk when McGee interrupted him.
"Boss, a woman named Kate called. Said she nedded you to call her back" he said with some interrest. Jethro glared at the younger man.
"From now on McGee, if this phone rings, dont answer it" he said the picked upp the phone and dialed Kate's number. McGee gave Tony a confused look as he thought he was doing the right thing. Tony smirked.
"Kate is Gibbs' extremly hot and younger girlfriend" he told the new agent. McGee nodded his head but was still confused.
"I didnt know Gibbs had a girlfriend" he said.
"Ok, tonights fine" they heard Jethro say then he put the phone down. He looked over at his two agents. He knew it was pointless to hide it now.
"Any questions?" he asked the two. McGee and Tony exchanged a look.
"No boss" McGee said to scared to ask anything. Tony smiled.
"What does she do?" Tony asked.
"Secret Servce. Presidential detail" he answered. Both Tony and McGee gasped in surprised.
"Wow. I wish I was the president being protected by her" Tony said. Jethro glared at him.
"Sorry boss, but she is hot" he answered. Jethro couldnt stand being in the same room as Tony right now. He wanted to slap the crap out of him.
"No more questions" he said as he grabbed his coffee and headed down towards autopsy.

Jethro entered Kate's apartment which was filled with a warm aroma of apricot chicken and jasmine rice. He could hear soft music playing from the lounge room.
"Kate?" he called out as he took his jacket off.
"In here" came a voice from the kitchen. Jethro made his way to the kitchen where the smell was greater.
"Hi, I got your message" he said standing in the doorway.
"I can see that" she replied as she stirred the simmering chicken on the stove. She was still in her work clothes but her shirt was untucked and she had put her hair up in a loose ponytail.
"So doesnt anyone know about us?" she asked. Jethro shrugged.
"Everyone at work knows about you, my sister and my mum. Are you embaressed of what they would think?" she asked.
"I am a private person, Kate. I dont feel the need to share my life with everyone around me" he answered.
"You thought I would leave you for Tony" she stated. Jethro stood up straighter and shoved his hands in his pant pockets.
"I remember what you said this morning. How you 'know DiNozzo'. Well I thought you would have known me too by now" she said slightly hurt that he would actually think she would run off with the younger agent.
"I do" he said.
"Ok, well then you should know that I will not leave you for some younger, good looking guy" she said as she walked over to him.
"I do worry. Every damn day. I dont deserve you" he said as he looked down into her hazel eyes. A small smile crossed her face. She leaned up and kissed him.
"Does that convince you?" she asked.
"Not even close" he answered as he wrapped his arms around her and kissed her again. Kate pulled back before they got too carried away.
"The rice is almost ready. What did you want to drink?" she asked as she attened to the chicken.
"What have you got?" he asked.
"Check the fridge" she said. Jethro walked over the fridge and peered inside.
"Theres milk, lemonade, juice and wine" he said picking off the choices.
"Grad the lemonade" she said. He grabbed the bottle from the fridge and then thwo glasses from the cupboard. Filled them while Kate was busy dishing up dinner. They both took their seats at her small dinning table.
"Looks good" he commented as he picked up his fork.
"Hope it tastes as good" she said with a laugh. Jethro shovelled a fork full of rice and chicken into his mouth.
"Perfect" he said with a smile. Mid-way through the meal Jethro asked.
"Why did you want to do dinner tonight?". Kate tensed and poked at her food.
"Well. I'm leaving with the president tomorrow" she said not looking at him.
"For how long?" he asked still eating.
"A few weeks. We aren't sure how long to be exact" she told him. Jethro stopped eating and looked at her. When Kate didnt get a reply she looked up at him. He looked surprised and disappointed at the same time.
"We knew coming into this we would spend time apart due to our schedules" she started saying.
"I know that, but you're leaving tomorrow and you only just told me" he said still surprised.
"I only found out today. I'm sorry it short notice but these things happen. Disarsters happen and the President needs to be there" she said trying to remain calm, after all it wasnt his fault. Jethro sat back in his chair and sighed.
"I know. I just...I just wanted to spend time with you" he said as he ran a hand threw his hair.
"We will have plenty of time when I get back, I promise" she said with a s soft smile. Jethro shook his head and got up from his chair. Kate watched him not sure what he was going to do. He came to her side and pushed her chair back.
"What are" she started but Jethro's mouth on hers stopped her questioning. He turned Kate to face him properly and wrapped his arms around her and lifted her off her seat. She instantly wrapped her legs around his waist and as their tongues danced together he led them to her bedroom. He put Kate on the bed, her legs still wrapped around him. He broke the kiss and looked into her eyes.
"We need to say goodbye properly" he breathed. Kate nodded.
"I agree" she said with a smile and brought his lips back down onto her own.

Kate cuddles up closer to Jethro. He pulls her closer and kisses her head.
"Can you take me to the airport?" she asks softly.
"Ok" he replies. She kisses his chest and settles in to go to sleep.
End Notes:
just another quick one.i couldnt stop writting and so this is what happened.
I Love You by katetodd4eva
Author's Notes:
Finally the three words are spoken
Jethro looked at the time on his computer. Should be home by now, he thought to himself. He picked up the phone and dialed her number.
"Hello" she answered in a somber tone.
"So you're home?" he says.
"Yeah about an hour ago" she told him.
"Good. I'll be over soon" he told her.
"Ok" she said then hung up. He was a little worried. She was never the first to hang up. He finished up as quickly as he could then left for Kate's.

Kate sat on her lounge watching the news. She didnt mean to be so closed off from Jethro on the phone but the recent events had started to make her think. And with this thinking it would either make their relationship stronger, or make him walk. Ran a gentle hand over her chest and winced as the slightest touch hurt. She heard the key in the lock then the door open.
"Kate?" Jethro called as he shrugged his jacket off and hung it up.
"Lounge room" she replied. He made his way to the lounge room. She looked up at him and couldnt even muster a smile.
"Are you ok?" he asked noticing her unusal mood. She shook her head and pointed to the TV as she turned up the volume. Jethro turned to the TV and listened to the report.
"And the Presidents life was saved yesterday by a Secret Service Agent. The President was speaking to the residents of disarster hit Ohio when two shots where fired" the new reporter said. Jethro watched as the scene unfolded and he saw the Secret Service agent take a bullet while the others ushered the President to safety. As the news continued she muted the TV. Jethro didnt know what to say. He turned back to Kate who let out a sigh.
"That was you wasnt it?" he asked. She nodded. Jethro couldnt believe it. Kate had been so close to loosing her life.
"Are you ok? Where did it get you?" he asked as he took a seat on the coffee table in front of her. She couldnt talk, she just undid a few buttons of her pajama top to show him the fist sized bruised on her chest.
"Jesus" he gasped. He didnt know what to say. What he was feeling right now was like nothing he has experienced in a long time.
"I hope they dont expect you at work straight away" he said.
"They want a doctors clerance before I step foot in the building" she told him. He nodded in agreement.
"Good. And how did the President thank you for saving his life?" he asked. This time he got a small smile from Kate. She pointed to the kitchen table where a bunch of flowers sat and a bottle of wine.
"And there is a card" she said.
"Well at least that somethig" he commented. They fell silent and Kate's head got the best of her.
"Jethro I have been doing slot of thinking since the incident and...I" she starts but pauses as her emotions get the best of her. She takes a calming breath before continuing.
"I have realised that I almost died before I got to tell you how I really feel. Jethro, I love you and I hope you love me to because I dont want to ever lose you" she said through tears. Jethro was never good with crying woman, but this was Kate. This was his Kate.
"Oh I do. Believe me I do" he said as he jumped up and sat beside her taking her in his arms. He held her close as she sobbed in his chest. He kissed her head and whispered.
"You will never loose me". Once her breathing evened out and she got herself together she pulled back out of Jethro's arms and looked into his eyes.
"I would really appreciate it if you stayed for a few days" she said wiping her face. Jethro gave her a soft smile and removed the hair that feel infront of her face.
"All you had to do was ask" he said then leaned in and kissed her. This time the kiss was different, this time it was filled with love, support, caring and passion. Jethro broke the kiss and held Kate's hands.
"I want you to meet some people tomorrow. Is that ok?" he asked her. She gave him her sweet smile.
"I would be more then happy to" she said. He kissed her again then grabbed the remote turned the TV off and took her to bed.
Meet and Greet by katetodd4eva
Author's Notes:
Kate finally meets Gibbs friends.
Kate made her way to the bullpen and as soon as she saw Tony she knew she was in the right place.
"Good morning" Kate greeted Tony. Tony stood up with a broad smile.
"Morning. You here on business or pleasure?" he asked.
"Both. Jethro told me to meet him here at nine" she told him.
"Oh, well he hasnt come in. I thought you two were living together" he stated.
"No. He stayed at mine last night but had to run home to change" she explained. Tony nodded in understanding.
"Well you can wait at his desk if you like" he jestured towards Jethro's empty desk. Kate gave him a small thank you and made her way over to his desk. She sat down in his chair, but when she went to pull herself under the desk she felt something between her feet. She looked down and saw a body.
"Oh my god" she scream as she jumped up from the chair, moving away from the desk.
"Oh I am so sorry. I didnt expect anyone for another" he looked at his watch.
"20 minutes" he said holding up some computer cable. Kate put her hand on her chest and tried to calm herself.
"It's ok. I just didnt expect somebody under the desk. I'm Kate" she said and held her hand out.
"McGee. Wait your THE Kate?" he asked. Kate looked confused.
"How many Kate's does Jethro know?" Kate asked with a laugh.
"Yes she is the girlfriend McGee" Tony said. McGee smiled.
"Nice to meet you" McGee said with a smile. Jethro entered the bullpen and stopped at his desk.
"McGee. Work. Your desk. Now" he ordered. McGee turned around to see Jethro sipping his coffee.
"Uh yes boss" the young agent mumbled then scampered off to his desk.
"Now you're coming with me" he said to Kate. She smiled and took his hand as he led them to the elevator.
"Is he always like that?" Kate asked referring to McGee. Jethro smiled.
"He's very green, but very smart. With some quidance he will get better" he said as they stepped onto the elevator. Kate smiled.
"And who said you were a bastard?" she asked with a little laugh. Jethro chuckled and hit the button.
"So where are we going?" Kate asked.
"Autopsy" he answered.
"Why are we going to autopsy?" she asked sounding less enthusiastic then before.
"Because my oldest and earest friend is the M.E" he answered.
"Oh" Kate couldnt believe he was actually going to introduce him to his friends. The doors opened and Jethro was the first to step out, his hand still firmly in Kate's.
"Duck?" he calls out.
"Right here Jethro" he says spinning around in his chair. He eyes Kate and gets up from his seat.
"And who is this?" he asks with a smile as he notices their entwind hands.
"This is Kate. Kate, Dr. Donald Mallard" Jethro says introducing them. Kate smiles and take Ducky's hand.
"Nice to meet you Dr. Mallard" she says with a smile.
"Please, it's Ducky to my friends" he says with a charming smile.
"It's great to finally meet Jethro's friends and colleges" she tells him. Ducky looks from Jethro to Kate.
"So how long have you two been together?" Ducky asks. Jethro looks down at Kate wanting her to answer.
"Seven months" she says with a proud smile.
"That's wonderful. I hope we will be seeing more of you" he says with an expectant look to Jethro.
"I'm sure you will" she answers.
"We got to go Duck" Jethro says. Ducky nodded his head.
"Of course. It was a pleasure meeting you Kate" he said with a smile.
"Likewise" Kate said before being pushed out of autopsy and into the elevator.
"He seems like such a gentle man" Kate commented.
"Oh he is. He can also talk your ear off" he told her. Kate gave a little chuckle.
"Ok, so where to next?" she asked squeazing his hand.
"The science lab" he said.
"How interesting. And who am I meeting?" she asked. Jethro gave a chuckle.
"The most caring person you will ever meet" he said, gave her a quick kiss on the cheek before the doors opened. They stepped out into a foyeur then through another door where they were meet with loud music.
"Is it always like his?" Kate yelled over the music. Jethro just nodded. He let go of her hand and went to the stereo and turned it off.
"Hey" came a gravely voice in protest.
"You're down here early" the female says again.
"I want you to meet someone" he told her as he made his way back to Kate. He took her hand again and pulled her more into the lab. Kate was a little surprised at seeing the tall, younger woman with black hair and tattooes, but she smiled politely.
"The reason for your good moods I presume" she said with a smile. Jethro ignored the comment and carried on with the introductions.
"Kate this is Abby" he said. Kate held out her hand and Abby took it with a smile.
"Nice to meet you" Kate said.
"Same here. It's about time Gibbs found someone" Abby said.
"Abby" he warned her. Abby looked at him with an innocent smile.
"What? It's true. You have been so much better to work with and have been very generous with my Caff-Pows" she said. Kate laughed.
"See they did know about me" Kate commented. Jethro rolled his eyes.
"So how long have you two been dating?" Abby asked.
"Seven months. We meet while we were in Hawaii" Kate told her.
"Ah, Hawaii. The perfect place to start a romance. So what do you do?" Abby asked. Kate laughed at Abby's enthusiasm.
"Abby" Jethro warned again.
"It's ok. I'm with the Secret Service" she said. Abby's eyes widened.
"Wow, that's kool" she said.
"Presidential detail" Jethro added. Abby gasped.
"Really? Wow. But you're like really young and pretty. Most of them are buff balding middle-aged men" she said. Kate laughed.
"Yeah well I wanted to change that" she said.
"I better go check on tweedle-dee and tweedle-dumb" Jethro said. He gave Kate a quick kiss then left. Once he was gone Abby continued their conversation.
"So you would of been their at the shooting the other day" she said. Kate sighed and her smiled dropped.
"Yeah I was there" Kate put her bag down and pulled her top down slightly.
"I was the one that stopped it" she said. Abby gasped.
"Oh my god. That was you. I had no idea I was watching Gibbs' girlfriend throw herself in front of a bullet" she said. Kate fixed her top and gave her a small smile.
"Yeah well, the things we do. So how long have you been here?" Kate asked changing the subject.
"Uh...somewhere over four years. I stopped counting" she said with a smile. Kate nodded.
"So have you ever met any of Jethro's other girlfriends or ex-wives?" Kate asks curiously. Abby laughed.
"You're the first one. So you must be something special to him" Abby said. kate was grinning from ear to ear.
"Yeah, I must be" she said quietly.
Family by katetodd4eva
Author's Notes:
Kate has some news
Kate woke to an empty bed. She really wished she had accepted Jethro's offer to move in with him. She didnt think she would be able to stay in such a big house when he was away. She sat up and ran her hands through her hair. For the first day in weeks she felt like herself. No nausea and her boobs were normal. As she jumped out of bed her phone rang.
"Good morning" she answered not bothering to look at the caller ID.
"Morning. Did I wake you?" he asked.
"No I was just getting out of bed" she told him as she made her way to the kitchen.
"Good, but then again if you were here I would of known that and then there would be no need for me to call" he said. Kate sighed.
"You're really serious about me moving in arent you?" she said.
"Kate it has been a year and I thought you would want to move forward" he said.
"I do, I really do, but your place is so big and when your away I just wouldnt feel safe" she explained again. Jethro sighed.
"Ok, fine. I just dont like going from place to place" he said. Kate had enough.
"Alright. How about we do a week trial. If I am fine with it I will move in" she told him.
"Sounds great to me. When do you finish?" he asked.
"Uh...six I think. I'll pack some things before work and come straight to yours after work" she told him.
"Ok. Well I should get going. See you tonight" he said.
"So you then" she said and hung up.

"So are you moving in with him?" Marcy asked Kate at work.
"Not yet. It's just a trail" she explained as they sat down for lunch.
"What are you afraid. You love him dont you?" she said.
"Yes I do, but...I dont know I just have this feeling that being in the same house we might clash" she stold her friend.
"Kate you are Secret Service and he is NCIS. You guys would hardly get time together let alone time to fight. You said yourself you wish you didnt have to leave his place" she pointed out.
"I know" Kate said, now feeling like an idiot for turning him down.
"So what's the problem?" Marcy asked.
"You're right. But I still think I need the week trial" she told her.
"If you feel you need it, go ahead. So how is he by the way?" Marcy asked with a smile.
"If you mean have I seen his ugly side and want to call him a bastard, then no" she told her. Marcy laughed.
"Ok just checking" she said.

Kate was four days into her seven day trial at Jethro's place and it's her first day off in months. After kissing Jethro goodbye she got out of bed and got herself some breakfast. She couldn’t stand the silence so she went to the stereo on.
"And it's a gorgeous morning in the city on this wonderful March 15th" the announcer said. Kate stopped eating.
"Really?" she said and went to the bedroom to check the calendar.
"Bugger" she said and grabbed her organizer. She tapped and her nerves were getting the better of her.
"You have got to be kidding me" she aloud.
"Two goddamn months" she said louder. She ran to her phone and dialed a number as she paced around the kitchen.
"Dr. Cranston" she answered.
"Rach, can you talk?" Kate asked quickly.
"Sure, what's wrong?" Rachel, Kate's older sister asked.
"Uh...I'm not sure yet. I just need some advice" she started.
"Anything" Rach answered. Kate took a deep breath.
"How did you know you were pregnant? I mean besides the no period" she blurted out. Rachel paused for a moment.
"Uh, well I was quiet nauseas and my boobs became sore. But I must tell you everyone is different. Kate do you seriously think you are pregnant?" she asked. Kate's voice caught in her throat. She cleared her voice before answering.
"Yeah I do. Rach I don’t know what to do. I'm not ready for this. Jethro isn’t ready for this" she said her voice breaking.
"Hey, before you jump to any conclusions. Go down to the mall and grab a test, maybe two just in case. Then pee on the sticks and call me back ok" she told Kate calmly.
"Ok. I'll go. Thank you" Kate said.
"And Kate. If he loves you as much as you tell me he does, he will be happy" Rachel added.
"I love you" Kate said.
"Love you too. Now go" she said then hung up. Kate went to the bedroom, threw on dome clothes and left for the mall.

Kate makes her way down the aisle and quickly scans the variety of tests available.
“Crap” she says to herself. She takes a breath then picks up one box. She quickly reads the print and puts it in her basket. She grabs another one and reads it. She puts it in her basket as well. She then picks out another one just to be sure. After paying for them she hurries back home and heads to the bathroom.
“Three tests. Three positives. Great” she says to herself as she stares at the three sticks on the counter. She reaches for her phone and dials Rachel’s number again.
“So?” Rachel answered.
“All positive. What do I do?” she asked.
“Katie tell him. If you hide it from it will make things worse” she told her.
“Ok. How do I tell him? How did you tell Matt?” Kate asked.
“That was a different situation. Do dinner, sit down and talk. Kate I can’t tell you how to do this you’re going to have to do this yourself sweetie” Rachel told her. Kate left the bathroom and went and sat on the edge of the bed.
“I know, I am just worried about Jethro. I haven’t even accepted his invitation to move in and now I am having his baby” Kate’s voice breaks again.
“Kate, listen to me. Everything will be fine. Have you called mum yet?” she asked. Kate shook her head and wiped a tear away.
“No I called you first. I think I will wait a little bit longer to call them” she told her sister. Kate was too busy on the phone that she didn’t hear Jethro come in. He could hear Kate’s voice down the hall and didn’t want to disturb her. He went to the bathroom first.
“Well call me tomorrow ok. I’m busy all morning but later in the afternoon, call me when you get the chance” Rachel told her.
“Ok. If I get dumped can I call you too” she tried to joke.
“He won’t dump you” Rach said. Just then Jethro appeared in the doorway holding the three tests.
“Kate, what are these?” he asked. Kate looked up at him and saw what he had in his hand.
“Ah Rach I got to go. I will call you later” she said and hung up not waiting for a reply.
“Kate?” Jethro asked again.
“Jethro, I only did the tests today and I was going to tell you” Kate started.
“I thought you were taking birth control?” he asked.
“I was, I am. I don’t know what happened. Jethro I am so sorry” she said as she felt tears sting her eyes. She looked away from him as she wiped her eyes. He sighed and took a seat next to Kate on the bed.
“How far?” he asked quietly. Kate turned to face him, grabbed the dark blue stick from him.
“Well according to this I’m anywhere between four and five weeks” she said reading the results.
“It tells you how far you are?” he asked confused.
"It's the new thing right now" she said trying to lighten the mood. He smiled then looked to the floor.
"Kate, this is all very sudden" he started. Kate nodded. She knew just how sudden it was.
"I need time to think. I'll be in the basement" he told her. He got and made his way to the door.
"Jet?" she says softly making him stop and look back at her.
"Is lasagne ok for dinner?" she asked. He gave her a soft smile.
"Sounds good" he said then disappeared. Kate fell back on the bed and covered her face with her hands. She takes a deep breath and gets up and heads to the lounge room where the stereo still plays. She grabs a book and makes herself comfortable on the lounge.
When she looks up from her book at the clock she cant believe how late it is. She quickly gets up and starts to prepare the lasagne. After putting it in the oeven and claening up the kitchen a little bit more she goes back to reading her book, but is soon distracted by the sound of someone running up the basement steps and coming down the hall. She can feel Jethro's precence before he speaks.
"Hey" he says. She looks up at him and notices something different.
"Hi" she replies as she puts her book down on the coffee table. He quickly makes his way over to her and takes a seat. He takes a calming breath before speaking.
"I have done a lot of thinking. I have thought about all the good and bad points and funnily enough, I came up with more good then bad" he said. Kate looked at him, her voice caught in her throat and her heart racing as she waited for him to continue.
"I want to have this baby with you Kate. Yes the thought of having another child scares the hell out of me, but it's you and I love you" he tells her. It is too much for Kate and she starts to cry.
"I love you so much, Jethro. I didnt mean for this to happen" she cried. He smiled and wrapped his arms around her and pulled her to him. He kissed her head as she cried into his chest.
"It's ok. We'll be ok" he said reasuring her. She pulled to look at him through teary eyes. He wiped her face then leaned in and kissed her. She started to calm down as he held her. After a few minutes of silence he finally said.
"Dinner smells good". Kate smiled.
"It should be ready soon. Why dont you go have a shower" she suggested. He nodded his head.
"Ok" he kissed her once more then got up and headed for the bathroom. Kate wiped her face before getting up and grabbing vegetables for a small salad to accompany the lasagne.
She plated the salad and started to clean the bench when she felt two arms wrap around her and two hands on her stomach.
"It smells really good" he said then placed a soft kiss on her neck.
"I just hope it tastes good" she replied. Jethro turned her around so she was facing.
"You're the best cook I know" he said then kissed her.
"What can I do?" he asked.
"Get the drinks" she said with a smile. He kissed her once more before heading for the fridge. Kate grabbed the ovens mist and took the lasagne out of the oven.
"Juice ok?" he asked.
"Juice is fine". He grabbed two cups and placed them on the table. Kate dished up the lasagne and brought it the table. Jethro thanked her and then started to eat.
"Its really good" he commented still chewing. Kate laughed.
"Good to know" she said. After a moments silence Kate approached the subjects that were running through her head.
"I've been thinking. When are we going to tell everyone?" she asked softly.
"When ever you want. I would like to tell Ducky of course" he said stabbing a tomato.
"That's fine. Well I'm having lunch with Abby on Saturday so could I tell her then, if you can keep it a secret that long" she said with a laugh.
"You know me, I'm great at keeping secrets" he smiled.
"And then there's the problem of telling my parents" she said as Jethro started to clear the table. She saw him freeze for a moment.
"And why should that be a problem?" he asked as he continued to the sink. Deep down he already knew why it would be a problem, but wanted to hear it from her.
"Well, for starters they havent met you, they are very religious and there's that tiny fact that we arent married and having a baby" she said as she put the juice back in the fridge.
"Kate, I'm not going to marry you just because you're parents have some rule about starting a family" he said seriously.
"And I don't expect you to. All I ask is for your help in trying to tell them" she explained.
"What? You want to go and tell them in person?" he asked. He didn’t like where this was going at all. Kat gave a small shrug of her shoulders.
"Well yeah. They would react better if it wasn’t over the phone and they actually got to meet the father" she pointed out.
"Ok, fine. Whatever you think is best" he said with a dismissive wave of his hands.
"Thank you. When can you get away from work?" she asked. He gave a soft sigh.
"I'll sort something out with the director. Now what are you going to do about work?" he asked as he led her to the lounge room and they sat on the lounge cuddled up together.
"Well I have to tell them first thing tomorrow. No doubt they will be happy, but having me off the detail will be a big loss for them" she said.
"I agree. Will you be happy?” he asked as he stroked her arm.
“I guess I have to be. I’ll still be doing what I love, just not as full on” she answers. He leans down and kisses her head.
“I think it’s time for bed” he said. She nodded her head and got up off the lounge. She stood in front of him and pulled him off the lounge. He stood in front of her and wrapped his arms around her.
"I love you" he whispered in her ear.
"I lve you too" she replied. She leaned up and kissed him then led him to the bedroom.
Announcement by katetodd4eva
Author's Notes:
Kate tells Abby
Abby was already sitting at their usual table when Kate arrived.
"I'm sorry I'm late. Have you been waiting long?" she said as she gave Abby a quick hug.
"No, I only got here five minutes ago. Everything ok?" she asked.
"Yeah, why wouldnt it be?" she answered happily.
"You just seem to be...glowing" Abby told her. Kate smile widened and she grabbed a menu.
"Lets order, I'm starving". They quickly order lunch and drinks. When the waitress left Abby didnt waste anytime.
"Ok so what's up with you?" she asked.
"I have some news, but you have to promise not to make a big deal of it ok?" Kate warned. Abby just nodded. Kate sat up straighter in her seat.
"I'm pregnant" she said. Abby gasped and then let out a squeal.
"Oh my god, oh my god" she said in a hushed voice. Kate couldnt stop smiling.
"How long? When did you find out? Why didnt Gibbs tell me?" she asked all at once. Kate laughed before she started to answer her questions.
"I havent been to the doctor yet but we think around five weeks. I found out on Wednesday and Jethro didnt tell you becasue I wanted to be the one to tell you. He told Ducky and I have told my sister" she asnwered. The waitress returned with their drinks and disappeared into the cafe again.
"This is so exciting. What are you doing about work?" Abby asked taking a sip of her ice tea.
"Well I've been demoted to desk jokey and I am going to work until I go on maternity leave".
"Good. So what do you hope for, a girl or boy?".
"Abby whatever we have is ok with me" Kate answered with a laugh.
"Oh come on, you must secretly want one more then the other" Abby pushed. Kate sighed.
"Ok. When I was younger I always wanted a girl. So I could braid her hair and buy her pretty little dresses. Growing up with three older brothers also didnt help" she laughed.
"And what about Gibbs?" she asked.
"Well we havent talked about it, but I get the feeling he wants a son. You know so he can take him sailing and fishing, if he ever gets that boat finished" they both laughed. Their meals were brought out and they continued their discussion.
"So are you going to have two children? So you both can have what you want?" Abby asked. Kate laughed.
"I think one is enough, and you can never be to sure what you're going to get. Sort of like a lucky dip" Kate explained happily.
"And what happens if you're egg decides to divide?" Abby says as she takes a bit of her vegie wrap.
"Well, then we're in alot of trouble" she replied.
"Have you thought of any names yet?" Abby kept asking.
"Abby, we have known for three days. We havent even told my parents, let alone discuss baby names" she said with a laugh.
"Oh right. So how you going to tell them? They know you guys are together dont they?". Kate poked what was left of her salad.
"Yes they know and are very happy for me, but telling them we are having a baby only one year into our relationship is going to be hard and thats why we have decided to tell them in person".
"When are you doing that?" Abby asked.
"In a couple of weeks. We have to do it before I start getting my baby bump" Kate said with a laugh as she patted her still flat stomach. Abby laughed.
"Are you worried about packing on the kilos?" Abby asked Kate. Kate shook her head.
"Not really. I mean if I keep doing what I'm doing it shouldnt be that much. Plus its all part of the experience isnt it" she smiled.
"I'm so happy for you two. So whens the babby shower?".
Parents by katetodd4eva
Author's Notes:
Kate and Gibbs take a trip to visit Kate's parents.
Kate got out of the car and looked at her parents’ big house. She felt Jethro behind her and his hand slide into hers.
“This was your idea remember” he whispered into her ear. A smile crossed her face.
“And you’re not going to let me forget it” she said as she turned to face him. He seemed relaxed and quiet his normal self. She leaned up and kissed him.
“Sorry” she said.
“For what?” he asked.
“For whatever happens when we step foot in that house” she said with a smile. He chuckled then leaned down and kissed her.
*Inside*
Marie looked out the window at the two by the car.
“I didn’t expect him to be so old” she said quietly.
“She looks happy” Joseph said as he joined his wife by the window.
“ She does doesn’t she. I hope he doesn’t break her heart like the others” Marie stood up as she saw them walking towards the door. She opened it and made her way down the stairs.
“Hey Sweetheart” Marie cooed as she embraced Kate in a tight hug.
“Hi mum” Kate said happily. She pulled back and turned to Jethro standing behind her.
“Mum this is” she started.
“ Jethro. How nice to finally meet you. Kate normally doesn’t bring home her boyfriends” Marie said as she took Jethro’s hand with a big smile.
“I must be worth it” he joked.
“So where’s dad?” Kate asked.
“Inside. Come in” Marie said making her way back up the steps.
“I’ll get our bags” Jethro said as he turned back to the car.
“Don’t worry, leave it for later. Come in, we have coffee and cake” Marie told them. Kate turned to Jethro and gave him an apologetic look and grabbed his hand and followed her mum up the stairs and into the two story house.
“Take a seat in the lounge room” Marie told them as she hurried off to the kitchen. Kate led Jethro to the spacious lounge room and they took a seat on the three seater lounge.
“You ok?” Kate asked Jethro squeezing his hand.
“Fine. You?” he asked kissing her cheek.
“We will soon find out” she breathed. He knew by that statement she wasn’t going to wait to tell her parents.
"Here we go" announced Marie as she walked in with two coffees in hand, followed by Joseph who had one coffee and the plate of carrot cake.
"Jethro, good to finally meet you" Joseph said handing him a coffee then taking his hand.
"Thanks" he said as he took a sip from his coffee. He then placed the plate on the coffee table in front of them.
"So how is everything? Work and so I?" Marie asked with a happy smile.
"Work is good. Everything is good" Kate answered with a smile. She squeezed Jethro's hand.
"We didn’t just come here to visit. We have some news and thought it best to tell you in person" she started. Marie and Joseph watched them trying to figure out what was going on. Kate took a deep breath.
"I'm pregnant she finally blurted out. There was a gasp from her parents but then Marie got up from her chair.
"That's wonderful news. I'm so happy for you two" she exclaimed as she hugged Kate.
"You'll be a beautiful mother sweetheart" she told Kate and kissed her forehead.
"Thanks mum" she replied with a smile. Marie turned to Jethro who couldn’t wipe the smile off his face.
"And such a handsome father" Marie continued and hugged him. Kate couldn’t help but laugh a little. Marie finally let go of Jethro and turned to the cake on the table.
"Here you need to eat something" she hand Kate a piece and she accepted it without any fuss. Joseph still hadn’t said anything.
"So when is the wedding?" he asked. Jethro almost choked on his coffee and had to put it down. Kate didn’t expect his comment either.
"We're not getting married, not yet anyway. We aren’t going to rush into anything" she told him.
"Having a baby isn’t rushing into things" he retorted.
"We did plan this. And we don’t plan to drop everything to spend thousands of dollars we don’t have on a ceremony that is not needed" Kate told him as calmly as possible. Joseph went to speak again but Marie stopped him.
"Joe that's enough. So have you chosen names or anything?" she said quickly changing the subject.
"No names yet. I still have to find a gynecologist and decide on a hospital" Kate told her.
"Bethesda" Jethro suddenly said. Marie and Joseph looked and him confused.
"What's Bethesda?" asked Joseph.
"It's a Naval hospital. Better than any public hospital" Jethro told them.
"And why would you go to a Naval hospital?" Marie asked still confused.
"Because Jethro works for NCIS" Kate said proudly. They both still looked confused.
"Naval Criminal Investigative Service" Kate explained. They nodded in understanding.
"Well that's great. So when are you due?".

They spent the rest of the day getting to know each other and showing Jethro the property that Kate had grew up on. She took him down the back to a small stream.
"This is great" Jethro said. Kate smiled.
"I always thought so" she turned to face him and studied his face.
"What?" he asked feeling her gaze on him. Kate shook her head.
"My mother was right. Our baby has one handsome father" she said with a smile. Jethro smiled and stepped closure to her.
"And a gorgeous mother" he said then leaned down and kissed her.
"Are you happy?" he asked as he stared into her eyes. She nodded.
"Very happy. I thought they would react differently, but they are happy" she told him.
"Except your dad. He isn’t quite as accepting" he commented. Kate sighed but then something caught her eye.
"Oh my god" she gasped then walked over to the corner of the yard. Jethro followed.
"I can’t believe it's still up" she said as she touched the slightly frayed rope of the swing.
"Nice swing" Jethro commented.
"Jason made it. He wanted to show us what he had learned in wood work. Dad helped him put it up. We loved it" she said staring at it in awe.
"He did a good job" Jethro commented. Kate sat on the swing and was flooded was childhood memories. A smile appeared on her face.
"What?" he asked. Kate looked up at him.
"I had my first kiss on this swing" she said in a dreamy voice. Jethro stepped forward and grabbed the swing, bringing her to him.
"Is that so" he said in a soft voice. Kate looked up in his eyes.
"I think you should get rid of that memory for me" she said.
"Gladly" and in a second his lips were on hers in a deep, passionate kiss that took her breath away.

Kate and Gibbs were in her old room getting ready for bed.
"So how much longer do we have?" he asked as he started to get changed.
"Two more days. Why is there are problem?" she asked as she finished drying her hair.
"No, but I do think I will need to go on diet when we get home with all the cake your mum is feeding me" he said patting his stomach. Kate smiled and walked over to him and rested a hand on his stomach.
"I'll still love you if you gain a few kilos while we are here" she smiled. Jethro put his hand on her stomach.
"And I will still love you when your stomach is the size of a beach ball" he joked.
"Really, that big huh" she mocked.
"More or less" he said with a chuckle. She leaned up and kissed him.
"I'll just go say good night" she told him. She stopped when she got to the door and turned to face him.
"You better be in bed when I get back" she said with a cheeky grin on her face then left, closing the door behind her. She made her way down the stairs but stopped when she heard her parents talking.
"You could have acted like you were excited for her" Marie said.
"They have only been together a year and are having a baby. I cannot be happy about that" Joseph said, not happy at all.
"Joe she is our little girl and she deserves our love and support, no matter what" Marie tried to reason with her.
"She looked up to Rachel, yet she couldn’t follow her lead. Find a husband and settle down. And now she has gotten herself knocked up" he said with a disappointed sigh. Kate couldn’t stand to hear anymore. She appeared in the doorway of the kitchen.
"Is that what you think? I went and got myself knocked up to piss you off" she said angrily. Joseph and Marie turned around surprised to hear her voice.
"No darling we don’t think that" Marie started.
"Maybe not you, but dad certainly does" she turned her attention to her father.
"Kate I just wished you had planned things more, not just rush in and hope for the best" he tried to explain to her.
"Yeah like Rachel did. I am not her dad. I am Caitlin Anne Todd and I have my own life and I love it" she almost yelled at him.
"Kate, we are just worried if it ends badly, what will happen with the child? Where will you live" Marie said in a calming voice.
"And being married fixes that? Do you know how many people get divorces in one year? Look, the only reason why we came here was because I thought it would be nicer to tell you in person. But now I think I should have listened to Jethro and just called" she said then headed for the stairs. Marie turned to Joseph.
"Why can’t you just be happy for her? Stop forcing all your morals on her otherwise she will walk out for good" she told him and also left.
Kate was still fuming when she entered the bedroom and saw Jethro in bed just like she had told him to bed. She just stood by the closed door staring at him.
"You going to join?" he asked with a cocky smile. She just shrugged. He sat up now noticing something was wrong.
"What happened?" he asked.
"Let’s just say they aren’t as happy for us as they led on" she told him. He jumped out of bed and made his way over to her.
"What did they say?" he asked concerned. Kate sighed and wrapped her arms around his middle and rested her head on his chest.
"How they wished I could be more like Rachel and not have gotten myself knocked up only a year into our relationship" she told him. She felt his body shake and looked up to see a smile on his face. She pulled back and looked at him sternly.
"What's so funny?" she asked.
"Well they're right. Not the Rachel part, the knocked up part" he said. She let go of him almost disgusted.
"How can you agree with them?".
"We didn’t exactly plan this did we? You were taking the pill to stop this from happening" he pointed out.
"So it's my fault" she said as she made her way to the bed and pulled back the covers and jumped in. She rolled onto her side so her back would be facing Jethro.
Hormones, Jethro thought to himself as he too made his way to the bed. He slid in under the covers and snuggled up behind Kate who didn’t move or say anything.
"If it’s anyone’s fault its mine. I can’t keep my hands off you" he said as he ran a hand up and down her side then kissed the back of her neck. Kate couldn’t help but lose all her anger towards him. She rolled over and looked up into his eyes.
"And you still want to have this baby with me? Even though according to my dad we have committed more than 1 sin" she asked him. He smiled and leaned down and kissed.
"Of course. I love you Kate and nothing or no one is going to change that" he told her and removed the hair that fell on her face.
"I love you too" she said. He leaned down and kissed her.
"Now let’s get some sleep" he said as he leaned back on the bed and pulled Kate into his arms.

Jethro woke to a pain in his back. He reach back to rub it and found Kate's knee there. He rolled over and saw her clutching her chest.
"Hey, you ok?" he asked. She nodded and opened her eyes.
"My boobs are really sore. Sorry if I woke you" she said.
"It's ok. How bad?" he asked.
"It's ok, just not used to it" she told him squeezing hard hoping it would help.
"I know what will help" he rolled on top of her and lifted her top up.
"Jet" she warned him. He ignored it and started kissing one her breasts. Kate closed her eyes and enjoyed the sensation of his lips on her skin.
"Mmm Jet" she moaned softly. She ran a hand through his shaggy hair.
There was a soft tap on the bedroom door. Jethro stopped what he was doing.
"Who is it?" Kate called out.
"It's me, can we talk" he mothers voice called back.
"Hang on" Kate said. Jethro got off Kate and pulled on a shirt while Kate fixed her top and sat up in bed. Jethro went and unlocked the door.
"Morning" he greeted with a smile.
"Good morning Jethro" Marie greeted with a soft smile. She stepped into the bedroom and looked over at Kate.
"We need to talk about last night" she told her.
"I'll leave you two" he started to say but Marie stopped.
"Don’t be silly, this concerns you too" she told him. Jethro nodded and shut the door and made his way back to the bed. Marie took a seat on the end of the bed.
"I know what you heard last night probably didn’t help the situation, but I just want you to know we do care about you and want you to be happy. That's all we have ever wanted. You have to understand that we still see you as our little girl and all we want to do is protect you from everything and everyone. But I can now see that you have Jethro for that. I'm so happy for you Katie and when the baby is born we will visit whenever we can" she told them, getting a little teary. Kate looked at her mother through teary eyes.
"Thank you. That means so much to me" she said and got up and hugged her mum.
"Ok, so who’s up for bacon and eggs" Marie said as she let go of Kate.
"Sounds good to me" Jethro commented as he got off the bed and went to find some pants.
"Do you have anything else that won’t make me blow up like a balloon?" Kate asked. Marie and Jethro both laughed.
"I'll see what I can find" she said then got up and left the two alone. Kate looked at Jethro.
"Do you feel better?" he asked. Kate shrugged her shoulders.
"A little. It will help if he continue what we were starting" she said with a grin, trying to hide the hurt that it hadn’t been her dad saying those words. Jethro laughed and walked over and kissed her head.
"As tempting as that is, your mum is making bacon and eggs" he said as he headed for the door.
"Great, turned down for a fatty breakfast" she said with a laugh. Jethro continued to the bathroom. Kate sighed and got up off the bed and pulled on a pair of pants and a loose top and headed to the kitchen.
"Smells good" she said as she sat on one of the stools.
"Change your mind?" Marie asked with a smile.
"Not at all. What do you have?" she asked. Marie went to the cupboard.
"Well we have cereal. Oh how about this fruit and muesli?" she asked showing Kate.
"Perfect. Any yoghurt?" she asked as Marie handed her the packet and a bowl then went to the fridge.
"It doesn’t look like it. Is milk ok?" she asked.
"Lite?"
"Of course. Do you want anything else? Juice? Coffee?" she asked.
"Coffee sounds good" Jethro said as he appeared in the kitchen. He gave Kate a quick kiss on the cheek and took the stool next to her.
"Coffee coming up? Kate?" Marie said happily.
"Juice is fine mum" she replied as she poured milk over the muesli.
"Mmm yummy" Jethro commented as he looked into her bowl.
"Do you want some? It's not too late to change your order" she told him. He held up his hands.
"No thanks, you keep it" he said.
"That's what I thought" Kate said.
"Here we go. Enjoy" Marie said placing a plate and coffee in front of Jethro.
"Thank you" he said and dug in.
"Now I know were Kate learned to cook" he commented, as he finished chewing his eggs.
"Yep, Kate always was my little helper" she said with a smile. She platted up to more serves.
"Where's dad?" Kate asked.
"Went for a walk or something, I don’t know. So what do you two have planned today?" Marie asked as she sat on the opposite side of the island and started her breakfast.
"Well, to be honest" Kate started but stopped when Joseph entered the room.
"Kate, can we talk" he asked.
"I'm in the middle of my breakfast" she said, still angry with him.
"It wasn’t a question" he said. She sighed and hoped down from the stool and followed her dad to the sun room, just off the kitchen.
"What is so important?" she asked crossing her arms over her chest.
"I'm sorry that you heard all that last night" he said. She let him continue.
"I went for a walk to clear my head and think everything over" he said.
"And?" she was starting to get impatient.
"I'm truly happy for you. You have found someone who loves you, will protect you and this child. That's all I have ever wanted Katie, was you to find someone that could protect my little girl" he said. Kate's arms dropped to her sides.
"Jethro will protect me and our child, more than you know. I'm not your little girl anymore dad, I haven’t been for a long time" she told him in a gentle voice. He nodded his head.
"I know, but every time I look at you I see this seven year old angel with pigtails wanting to do everything her sister and brothers are doing" he said. Kate's voice caught in her throat. She has never had this kind of conversation with her dad before. She shook her head and wrapped her arms around him, afraid the words wouldn’t come out.
“I love you Katie” he said as he kissed her head.
“I love you too” she said pulling back to look at him.
“So, you’re ok with us not getting married?” she asked. Joseph sighed.
“I am. If that what make you two happy I am happy. I just don’t know why you wouldn’t get married?” he said. Ate didn’t know if she should tell her dad, but she didn’t see any harm. He wouldn’t speak out of term.
“ The main reason is because he has been married four times” she explained. Joseph’s couldn’t help but chuckle.
“Wow. All divorces?” he asked. Kate shook her head and he saw the sudden pain in her eyes.
“No, only three divorces” she told him. Joseph understood immediately.
“Ok. Now les go eat” he said as he led her back into the kitchen.
Jethro and Marie were chattering away when Kate and Joseph entered. Kate kissed Jethro on the cheek as she took up her stool again. Jethro leaned over and kissed her back then whispered in her ear.
“Everything ok?” he asked. She nodded and smiled.
“More than ok?” she said. Marie sat a plate in front of Joseph.
“So you guys chosen any baby names yet?” she asked as she took her and Jethro’s plates over to the sink.
“Mum, we haven’t even gone to our first ultrasound yet. We still have eight and a half months left to think about it” Kate replied.
“Honey, it will go so fast when that baby pops out you still won’t have a name” Marie said with a laugh.


Jethro pulled in the driveway. They eventually survived the four days with Kate’s parents and now they got to enjoy a Sunday afternoon all to themselves. Jethro helped Kate with the bags as they headed inside. Jethro dropped his bags as he kicked the door closed and wrapped his arms around Kate and kissed her neck.
“You can’t wait can you” she said with a little laugh. She too dropped her bags and turned around to meet his lips. In seconds they had discarded each other’s clothing and were heading down the hall to the bedroom. Kate fell back against the bed, Jethro on top of her. He paused and looked down at her.
“You are so beautiful” he said, making her bush. She pulled him down to her lips.


They lay in bed in each other’s arms staring at the ceiling.
“I’m going to take a shower then head down stairs” he said as he kissed her head.
“Ok” she agreed. He started to get out of the bed but paused.
"Do you want anything?" he asked. She shook her head.
"No, I'm ok. What do you want to do for dinner?" she asked as she propped herself up on her elbows.
"Whatever you want. You're the one watching your weight" he said with a smile as he grabbed some clothes and headed out the door.
"Only because I'm having your baby" she called out to him and fell back down onto the bed with a sigh. She laid there looking up at the ceiling, listening to the water of the shower. Then her mind started to wonder.
Kate finally decided to get up. She pulled on her undies and went to one of Jethro's drawers and pulled out her favorite shirt and put it on. She left the room and made her way down to the basement where she could hear Jethro sanding the hull of his boat. She quietly made her way down the stairs.
"It's looking good" she commented. He stopped and looked over at her and smiled.
"So are you, but I think in a couple of months that will fit perfectly" he teased.
"Funny" she said as she sat on the stool. He continued to work and she thought it best to voice what she had been thinking about.
"I've been thinking" she started but paused.
"About?" he asked.
"Baby names" she told him. He stopped sanding a moment, but then continued.
"Oh".
"Well we have to call it something. So if we have a girl, I thought Lauren or Nicole. If it's a boy, Toby or Henry" she said softly. Jethro didn’t say anything and she thought she had scared him.
"Jet?" she said softly.
"Uh...I like them" he said quickly. She smiled.
"Ok. Can I ask what do you hope we have?". He stopped sanding and looked over at her again.
"Kate, having a child is like a lucky dip. You have a fifty fifty chance of getting what you want" he told her.
"I know, but just out of curiosity, what do you want?" she pushed. He sighed.
"I want a son. I would like to take him out fishing on this boat. And when he is older, I want to be able to talk over a few bears" he said. Kate smiled. She had been right.
"What do you want?" he asked her.
"I've always wanted a little girl, so I could dress her up in pretty dresses and braid her hair". Jethro smiled and put down his sander and made his way towards Kate.
"After Kelly, I never thought I would ever have kids again, especially a daughter. But Kate, you make me so happy. And whatever we have, they will be as beautiful as what you are" he told her as he came to stand between her legs. Kate smiled with the hint of tears in her eyes. He leaned down and kissed her.
"I love you" he whispered against her lips.
"I love you too" she replied then kissed him again.
Ultrasound by katetodd4eva
Author's Notes:
Bets are on for the sex of the baby.
Jethro’s stood from his desk and started to pack up.
"Where we going boss?" Tony asked as he looked up at him.
"Nowhere. I got an appointment" he said stepping out from his desk.
"Oh right, Kate's ultrasound. She said they can tell the sex of the child now" McGee said with a smile. Both Tony and Jethro looked at him.
"What? We talk" he said defensively. Jethro shook his head then continued on.
"Good luck boss" Tony called out. When Jethro entered the elevator Tony turned back to McGee.
"You talk to Kate about her pregnancy?" he questioned.
"Yeah. My cousin had a baby a few months back, so I give Kate some advice. Well from what my cousin told me anyway" McGee told him. Tony rolled his eyes.
"Right" he said and sat back in his seat. They were joined by Abby.
"Hey, has Gibbs left yet?" she asked.
"Yeah, bout five minutes ago" Tony answered.
"Good. So what do you think they will have?" she asked them.
"I think a boy" McGee answered first. Tony shook his head.
"No way. I reckon it's a girl" he said.
"Ok, so how much do you want to bet?" Abby asked. Tony and McGee looked at each other.
"Wait, what do you think they are having?" McGee asked. Abby smiled.
"Twins of course" she said happily. Tony and McGee laughed.
"Ok I'm in. Twenty bucks" Tony said.
"Sure, why not" McGee added.
"Great" Abby said as she took a seat at Jethro's desk.


Kate laid on the table with her shirt up. Jethro stood next to her holding her hand.
"You ok?" he asked. She nodded. He leaned down and kissed her forehead.
"Good morning. How are you feeling?" Julie asked.
"Good. I actually slept last night" Kate replied with a little laugh.
"Oh I know how that feels" Julie said.
"Ok, so let’s get started. This will be a little cold for forgive me" she said as she squeezed the clear gel onto Kate's enlarged stomach. She jumped a little but the temperature was ok. Julie then started the ultrasound and Kate and Jethro turned to look at the screen. They saw many things of which they had no idea what was what.
"Ok" Julie said as she started pressing buttons. Her face widened in surprise.
"What? What's wrong?" Kate asked noticing Julie's facial expression.
"Everything's fine. Except" she trailed off as she focused on the screen.
"Except?" Kate prompted. Julie took the probe away from Kate's belly and turned the screen so they could see it better.
"See here. This is your baby's. And then here is an arm" she pointed out. Kate smiled. She could feel it inside her, but seeing it was all too much.
"And right here, is another head" Julie pointed. Kate looked to Julie in shook. Jethro couldn’t say anything. He was still staring at the screen.
"Are you saying I'm....we are having twins?" she asked. Julie nodded.
"You most definitely are having twins" she said with a smile. Kate stared at the screen. She didn’t know if it was good or bad news. Of course it was good, she thought. But do we have the room?.
"Would you like to know the sex?" Julie then asked.
"No"
"Yes" Kate and Jethro answered together. They looked at each other.
"Could you gives a minute?" Jethro asked. Julie smiled and got up.
"Sure" when she was gone Jethro turned back to Kate.
"I thought we agreed we would find out" he said.
"I know. But now I'm not sure if I want to know" she told him.
"Kate we are having twins. We need to know what we are having" he looked at her confused face and sighed.
"I want to know if we are having Lauren and Nicole or Toby and Henry or if its Lauren and Toby" he told her. She nodded with a smile.
"Ok. I guess it will make it easier for shopping too" she said with a little laugh.
"Of course" he said then leaned down and kissed her.
"You guys ready?" Julie asked as she walked back in. Jethro stood back up, his grip tighter on Kate's hand.
"We would like to know" Kate nodded. Julie smiled.
"Great. Let’s see shall we" she said as she grabbed the probe, added more gel and continued.
"Ok so you have a little boy" she said pausing to give them a look at their son. Then continued.
"And...a little girl. Congratulations" Julie said with a smile as hung up the probe.
"Oh my god" Kate gasped.
"I take it you're very happy" Julie said noting Kate's smile and tears. Kate nodded in response.
"Could we get a picture of that?" Jethro asked.
"Sure. Will only take a minute" she said. Kate looked up Jethro. She was having trouble reading his face.
"Are you happy?" she asked. He looked down at her as a smile broke out over his face.
"Of course I'm happy" he leaned down and kissed her.
"I love you" he said.
"I love you too" she said and kissed him again.
"Here you go" Julie said handing Jethro two print outs of their boy and their girl. She hand Kate some paper towel to wipe off the gel.
"Thank you" Jethro said as he held the pictures.
"You’re welcome. So all you need to do now is make another appointment and take it easy" Julie said. Jethro helped Kate off the bench and she fixed her top and hair.
"Thank you" Kate said with a smile as Jethro led her out of the room.


Abby, McGee and Tony sat waiting for Jethro to return with the results. Abby was swinging in Jethro's chair, her patience wearing thin.
"Oh this is taking way too long" she said jumping up from the chair.
"How long does it take to do an ultrasound anyway" she said pacing the bullpen.
"Well I for one wouldn’t have a clue" Tony commented.
"Oh about 30 minutes, give or take" Kate said as her and Jethro walked up to the bullpen. Abby spun around and squealed when she saw Kate.
"Oh my god" she said as she went and wrapped her arms around her.
"Geese Kate, you're huge" commented Tony. Abby let go of her and turned to Tony.
"You shut your mouth. She is gorgeous" she points a finger. Then turns back to Kate.
"Pregnancy really works for you".
"So how did it go?" McGee asked with a smile. A smile spread across both Kate and Jethro's face.
"It went perfectly" Kate told him. Jethro then held up the two pictures they got of the ultrasound and Abby quickly snatched them from him.
"Oh my god, oh my god. It's so tiny. What is it?" Abby asked looking up at them.
"It's a boy" Jethro said happily.
"I was right" McGee said standing up and going to look at the picture in Abby's hand.
"And a girl" Kate added.
"Haha so I'm right" Tony said. Abby looked at the pictures, one at a time before a smile also appeared on her face.
"No, it's twins. I win" she said happily. Tony and McGee reached for their wallets.
"You guys actually bet on what we were having?" Kate asked.
"You seem surprised" Jethro said then kissed her cheek.
"Come on. We have to go see Ducky" he said as he took Kate's hand and the pictures from Abby and they left the bullpen.
Too Long by katetodd4eva
Author's Notes:
It has been too long.Gibbs needs some release.
Jethro got home early than normal. He entered and called out to Kate. When he got no reply he started to worry, but when he noticed the TV on he looked toward the lounge and saw her asleep. She had some book or notepad resting on her very large, 7 month stomach. He walked in and quietly to the notepad and looked at it. She was in the middle of a drawing. He flipped to the front of the pad and there was a drawing of Abby. Smile on her face, pigtails coming out the top of her skull decorated surgical cap. He gave a slight chuckle at the memory. He flipped to the next page. There was Tony reclining in his chair, hands behind his head with a cheesy grin on his face. How he used to greet Kate when she visited. He turned to the next page and it was a drawing of himself. He was looking straight ahead with a crooked smile on his face. He was really impressed.
"Jet" Kate said tiredly. He looked down at Kate as she started to sit up.
"Hi, how you feeling?" he asked as he knelt down next to the lounge. She wiped her eyes and yawned.
"Good. What time is it?" she asked looking at the blue sky outside.
"A little after four. I got an early mark" he told her. She nodded then spotted her sketch pad in his hand.
"Where did you find that?" she asked a little embarrassed. He held it up.
"It was rest on your belly. I never knew you could draw" he exclaimed as he looked at the drawing of himself again.
"It's just a hobby. Can I have it back now" she said holding out her hand.
"I'm surprised" he said as he handed it back to her.
"At what?" she asked taking the pad.
"At how you drew me" he said. Kate blushed a little.
"Well it is my favorite smile" she confessed. Jethro smiled the crooked smile she drawn.
"Yep that's it" she said as she leaned forward and kissed him.
"So why are you home early?" she asked leaning back. He shrugged his shoulders.
"Because I can" he stood up and helped Kate up from the lounge.
"What did you do today?" he asked as he wrapped his arms around her.
"Well, I did some washing, called my mother who is sending more clothes over" she told him.
"Great, less we have to buy" he said with a laugh.
"And I did some gardening".
"I saw you attacked the roses"
"Hey, I'm the one saving them" she hit him and walked off to the kitchen.
"I thought I would do Fish for dinner" she told him digging through the freezer.
"Sounds good to me" he shrugged.
"Do you want chips or salad" she asked. He thought a moment then made his way over to her.
"Can I have both?" he asked as he wrapped an arm around her belly.
"I guess so" she replied. He leaned down and kissed her neck.
"Then can I have you?" he asked in a hoarse voice and kissed her neck again. Kate closed the freezer door and turned around to face him.
"We have tried. Sweetie believe me when I say I really, really want to, but" she started to explain.
"I know, I know. In that case I think I need a shower" he smiled and leaned down and kissed her before exiting the kitchen. Kate started grabbing everything for dinner but paused. It had been months since they had any sexual contact and Jethro was a very sexual man and she missed it. So the only thing she could do was get some advice.
"Hello?" Rachel answered.
"Hey Rach, it's me" Kate said.
"Katie sweetie, how are the twins?" she asked happily.
"They are great" Kate told her.
"That's good to hear. So what's up?" she questioned. Kate paused while she figured out the best way to ask her sister.
"Um well I have this problem and you are the only one I trust talking to about it" she started.
"Ok" Rachel said a little weary. Kate put the fish and chips in the oven then took a seat.
"Well, it's been months Jethro and I have...been...physical with each other"she stuttered. Rachel knew exactly what she was talking about and couldn’t help but laugh at her sisters wording.
"Sweetie, that’s normal. I remember Matt and I had trouble keeping our hands off each other and yes, we did give in but it is very different when you have something growing inside of you" Rachel explained.
"And since I have to we would have to take extra care. We have tried but my stomach was too big and we couldn’t get comfortable. And then when we did get it right he could feel them kicking his hand" she explained. She could hear Rachel laughing again.
"It's not funny" she couldn’t help but giggle as well.
"Oh come on, it is a little bit. Have you searched it on the internet?" Rachel asked.
"I never really thought about it until now" she said.
"Jethro made some comment?" Rachel guessed.
"Yes. We still have two months to go and I don’t want him to get it from somewhere else" Kate explained her internal battle.
"Listen to me. He helped create what is growing inside you and I've met him so I can say that I am positive that he will not wonder. Search it on the net. And if you're that worried about it, why don’t you just pleasure him" she suggested.
"Well I would but I am the size of a hippo so I can’t, well get down there" she said embarrassed. Rachel laughed once again.
"Katie I'm sure you can pleasure him no problem. And just being curious, you guys don't want to get married right?" she asked. Kate sighed and started grabbing vegetables for the salad.
"It's not that I don't want to, I would marry him in an instant. It's just, he's done it four times already and they didn’t turn out very well. He is worried it will ruin our relationship" Kate explained. She was too busy talking and cutting tomato that she didn't realize Jethro was standing near the door.
"I have watched you two and believe me there is nothing that could ruin your relationship. You're both stubborn and too committed to each other. It's like you're already married without the rings and last name" Rachel said. Kate smiled.
"And what am I to say, 'My psychiatrist sister says our relationship is perfect and that we already act like an old married couple'. Rach I don't even think that would change his mind" Kate said with a laugh.
"Hey it's worth a try" she laughed.
"Who's on the phone?" Jethro asked as he walked into the kitchen. Kate looked up at him afraid she had been caught out.
"Rach I got to go. I'll talk to you later. love you" she said quickly then hung up. Jethro smiled.
"Dinner smells good" he commented.
"It's almost done" she told him.
"What were you talking to Rachel bout?" he asked. Kate shrugged.
"Girl stuff. Why do you ask?" she eyed him curiously, wondering if he had heard any of their conversation.
"Just curious. So what are we doing tonight? Movie?" he asked as he went to the fridge and grabbed a drink and then two cups.
"If that's what you want to do. I was actually thinking of going to bed early" she gave him a cheeky grin.
"I think I like that idea better" he grinned.

Kate showered and got ready for bed while Jethro was applying another layer of paint to the two cribs he had built. Kate sat on the bed in a silk nightie. When Jethro walked in he paused when he saw her.
"Katie" he said almost a whisper. She sat up and on her knees moved to the end of the bed.
"I know it’s been a while, so I we could have some fun tonight" she said with a smile. Jethro couldn’t take his eyes off her and when he walked towards her it was like he was in a trance. He reached out and touched her belly with one hand and her cheek with the other.
"Is this what you were talking to Rachel about?" he asked. She shrugged.
"Partially" she smiled.
"Remind me to thank her" he mumbled as he leaned in and kissed her, his hand tangling in her hair. She tugged at his shirt and he pulled back so she could lift it over his head. She then pulled down his track pants and boxer briefs.
"Katie" he moaned as she grabbed him and slowly ran her hand along his length. His lips met with hers again in a hungry, passionate kiss. He grabbed her hand and stopped her. She looked at him.
"Jet I want to do this for you. Let me do this for you" she almost pleaded him. He didn’t answer just kissed her. She pulled him onto the bed and grabbed him again making him moan into her mouth. She ran her other hand over his bare chest and down his back and grabbed his ass. Kate broke their kiss and left a trail of hot kisses down his chest, over his stomach and stopped just above his pubic hair. Jethro's breath caught in his throat as he felt Kate's hot breath on his dick. He closed his eyes as her mouth closed around him. Her tongue swirled around his tip.
"Oh god" he moaned as he tangled a hand in her hair and grabbed one her boobs with the other. He left her nipple alone as he remembered her saying they had been sore lately.
"Jesus, Kate" he moaned loudly as she took him all into her mouth. With all the tension built up of the last four months he knew he would last long. Kate squeezed his ass again as she sucked his tip. That was it he was about to lose it.
"Ah Fuck" he moaned. He started to move his hips. He then stopped and pulled away from her grasp. She looked up at him.
"I don't want to go like this" he breathed.
"Sweetie, there is no other way" she told him. He nodded his head.
"Yes there is". Kate eyed him suspiciously. He gently pushed her back onto the bed.
"On your side" he instructed her. He helped her roll over.
"You couldn’t do it this way" she reminded him. He layed down behind her and ran a hand down her side and kissed her neck.
"After what you just did, it won’t take that long" he whispered and kissed her neck again. She lifted her leg slightly and he slid into her comfortably. He bit her gently at the feel of her. He moved in and out of her slowly, careful not to hurt her. He ran a hand up and down her thigh. Then he slipped it between her legs and started rubbing her clit.
"Jet" she moaned.
"It's not just for me Katie" he breathed. She craned her head back to kiss him. He moved in and out of her faster.
"Yes. Fuck me" he moaned loudly and with a few more movements he came. Kate reached back and ran a hand over his back.
"Was that ok?" she asked. She felt him lean over and kiss her cheek.
"Amazing. Are you ok?" he softly. She smiled and nodded. He propped himself up on his arm so he could look into her eyes.
"I love you Kate. You didn't have to do that" he told her. She placed a gentle hand on his cheek.
"I love you too, and that's why I wanted to do it. I didn’t want you to have to wait another two months"
"You're right, I can't, but not for that" he turned his attention to her belly and placed a gentle hand on it.
"I want to meet my son and daughter" he said. Kate couldn’t stop the tears that sprung her eyes. He leaned down and kissed her belly twice then looked at her. He wiped away a tear then leaned down and kissed her. He then settled back down to his side behind Kate and draped an arm over her. With one more kiss they both fell into a dreamless sleep.
End Notes:
This chaper is rated R.
Just wanted to add a little something else hehe.
It's Time by katetodd4eva
Author's Notes:
It's time to Kate to the hospital
"Thank you for coming over Abby" Kate said Abby walked into the lounge room with two cups of tea.
"You don’t need to thank me. I'm just glad I get a break. Working 28 hours straight its finally taking its toll on me" Abby told her with a laugh. Kate smiled and took a sip of tea.
"I don’t know how you do it Abby. I just look at you and feel exhausted" she said with a laugh.
"Sorry. So only a few more days huh".
"I can’t wait. Being pregnant is amazing but when you feel like you're going to explode, it’s not as fun" she said rubbing her belly.
"Gibbs is so nervous. He is always checking his phone, waiting for that call. It's rather sweet" Abby commented taking a sip of tea. Kate smiled then put her tea down.
"Maybe tea wasn’t the best idea. By bladder is already being compressed" Kate said as she tried to get off the lounge. Abby got up and helped her.
"Thanks" she said then waddled down the hallway towards the bathroom. Abby looked around the lounge room and saw a few new photos on the book shelf. She got up and had a look. They were of Kate and Jethro.
They look so happy, she thought as she placed it back on the shelf. She turned around and saw Kate standing there holding her belly.
"Everything ok?" she asked. Kate looked up at her.
"I think it's time to make that call" she said.
"What?" Abby quickly put down her cup.
"My water just broke" Kate told her. Abby froze for a moment.
"Right. Um...we should take your car" she said grabbing her bag. Kate pointed to her keys hanging up. Abby rushed her out to the car.
"You ok?" she asked. Kate nodded.
"For now. You have to call Jethro" she said. Abby nodded and pulled out her phone as she ran around to the driver side.
"Yeah, Gibbs" he answered almost straight away.
"It's time" was all Abby said as she drove towards Bethesda.
"What?" he said.
"Kate's water just broke. We are on our way to the hospital" she told him.
"Shit. Tell her I'll be there soon and not to push" he said then hung up the phone. He was at a crime scene which was at least thirty to forty minutes away.
"DiNozzo. Keys" he called. Tony grabbed the keys from his pocket and threw them to him.
"Boss?" McGee asked.
"Kate's water broke. Get a lift back with Ducky" he called as he ran towards the van.

"What did he say?" Kate asked Abby. He said he is on his way and not to push" she took a quick glance over at Kate who was focusing on her breathing. She looks calm for someone who is about to push two beings out of her, she thought.

Abby held onto Kate's hand as they waited for Jethro to arrive. Kate was focusing on her breathing while Abby was getting nervous that he wouldnt make.
"Remember not to push until he gets here" Abby reminded her.
"Well he might want to hurry up. You're almost fully dialated" the midwife said from between Kate's leg. She closed her eyes trying not think about it.
"You ok?" Abby asked.
"I'm trying to hold them in" she said then took a few deep breaths. Abby couldnt help but laugh a little.
"I'm here" came Jethro's voice from the door. Kate's eyes shot open and Abby went to hug him.
"Oh thank god. I was almost thinking I would have to stay. No offense" she said turning back to Kate.
"It's ok" Kate said. Jethro quickly pulled Abby aside.
"What's wrong?" Abby asked.
"I need you to go to my place. In my top draw there is a box. I need you too bring it here" he told. Abby's face lit up.
"Oh my god" she cooed.
"Abby, just go" he said holding his keys out. She smiled and held up Kate's keys then ran out of the hospital.
"Jet" he heard Kate call him. He ran into the room and straight to her side. He grabbed her hand in both of his and kissed her head.
"I'm here" he said softly. Kate's breathing started to quicken and she felt sweaty.
"Ok. When I count to three I need you to give a big push ok" the midwife said looking up at Kate. She just nodded her head and squeezed Jethro's hand harder.
"One, two three push".

Kate laid on the bed resting soundly, Jethro sitting next to her bed watching her.
"Are you happy?" she asked in a quiet voice, her eyes still closed. Jethro looked up at her and stroked her face.
"Of course I'm happy. I coudlnt be happier" he said and leaned over and kissed her. She smiled and finally opened her eyes to look up into his.
"I love you" she said softly.
"I love you too" he replied and kissed her again.
"Here we go. Lauren and Henry Gibbs" the nurse announced as she and another nurse wheeled in the two cribs. Kate sat up more so she could hold her babies. The nurse handed Kate Lauren.
"Very healthy and very cute" the nurse commented. The other nurse handed Henry to Jethro.
"So Henry was first?" Kate asked.
"Yes, then Lauren was out two minutes and eighteen seconds later" the nurse said with a smile.
"He is already like his dad. First at everything" Kate laughed.
"Well if you need anything else just ask" the nurse said with a smile then they both left the room.
Kate and Jethro admired their little bundles. He sat down on the side of the bed and look over his daughter.
"God she looks like you" he commented. Kate smiled and looked at him.
"And he looks just like you" she replied. He looked back at Henry. Then there was a small knock on the door and Abby pocked her head in.
"Oh my gosh, they are so small" she exclaimed.
"You can come closer Abby" Kate laughed. Abby looked over at Jethro.
"I just have to talk to Gibbs for a minute" she said. Jethro turned to Kate and settled Henry in her arms.
"Why? What’s going on?" she asked as he slipped out of the room.
"Did you find it?" he asked immediately.
"Yes and I must say, wow. If she doesnt say yes, I will" she said with a laugh as she handed him the small box. He ignored her comment and checked the ring.
"So can I go hold my godchildren now?" she asked anxiously.
"No you can wait here 'til I say" he said, kissed her head and went back in to the room, the box in his pocket.
"You going to tell me what that was about?" she questioned. He came over to her side and took Henry from her arms. He rocked him gently and put him gently into his crib. He started to fuss but Jethro calmed him before heading back over to Kate and then taking Lauren from her arms.
“ Jethro what are you doing?” Kate asked again as she watched him curiously. He kissed the top of Lauren’s head before placing her down. He then went back to Kate’s side and pulled his chair closer to her bed. He leaned over and grabbed her hand. Kate couldn’t stop staring at him. She had never seen him act like this.
“I love you” he said. She smiled and rubbed her thumb over his hand.
“I love you too” she replied.
“Kate, you have given me more than I could ever ask for. I don’t know how to tell you how much you mean to me so I will show you” he said and with his free hand he dug into his pocket and pulled out the small box. Kate’s heart stopped.
“Caitlin Todd, will you marry me?” he asked staring into her eyes, trying to show her all the love he had for her in that one look. Kate couldn’t speak. She just nodded her as a tear ran down her cheek. A smile broke out on Jethro’s face.
“Yes?” he wanted to clarify. Kate cleared her throat.
“Yes, of course” she said happily. She tugged on his arm and pulled him closer towards her and kissed him.
“God I love you” she said against his lips. He kissed her harder and ran a gently hand over her cheek. He pulled back and fiddled with the ring before grabbing her hand and sliding the ring on her finger. Kate looked down at it.
“Oh my god. Jethro, you didn’t” started but Jethro’s lips stopped her from continuing. They were
interrupted by a light knock on the door. They both turned to see Abby’s head peaking in.
“You can come in” Kate smiled. Abby quietly moved into the room.
“So?” she asked looking from Kate to Jethro. Kate couldn’t hide the smile that spread across her
face and Abby knew straight away.
“Oh my god” she squealed and ran towards the bed. She wrapped her arms around Jethro, but
their attention soon turned towards the two babies that started to cry.
“Whoops, sorry” she said covering her mouth. Jethro got up and went to the cribs.
“It’s ok Abby. Do you want to hold?” Kate asked gesturing to Jethro and the twins.
“Do I” Abby said as she quickly went over to the cribs and took Henry from Jethro’s arms.
“Oh he is so cute. He look so much like you Gibbs. I’m so happy for you guys” she cooed as she
walked around Kate’s room, not taking her eyes of the tiny boy.
“He likes you Ab’s. I think we found our baby sitter” Kate joked.
“Of course. I never want to let them go” she agreed hugging Henry closer.
“So when are mummy and daddy getting married?” she asked looking from Kate and Jethro.
Kate just shrugged her shoulders.
Discusion by katetodd4eva
“No, all I want is a simple garden wedding with…50 or 60 people” Kate told her mother.
“Sweetie, what about the big church wedding with all the family and extended family” her mother pushed as she handed the bottle to Kate, who feed her hungry little girl.
“That was then and this is now. Jethro and I just want our closest friends and family there. Please don’t make a big deal out of this” she pleaded walking around with Lauren.
“If that’s what you really want, I can’t stop you” Marie said. Jethro walked in with a freshly changed Henry.
“Here it’s her turn” Kate handed Lauren to Jethro and took Henry from him.
“You guys ok?” he asked looking from Kate and Marie. Kate nodded.
“Ok, bring Henry up when he is feed” he said then kissed her cheek. Marie smiled.
“What?” Kat asked looking at her smiling mum. Marie shrugged her shoulders.
“You’re just…” she couldn’t finish.
“I’m just what? Exhausted, yes” she said as she started to burp Henry.
“No. You’re in love. I’ve never seen you like this” Marie said as she stood up and took Henry from her.
“That’s half the reason we are getting married mum” she replied sarcastically.
“You really want a garden wedding?” Marie asked again. Kate sighed.
“Yes. It will be the middle of spring. I want to feel comfortable and I want Jethro to feel comfortable and I don’t think he would if we had a big church wedding. Mum, this is what I really want. No fancy reception, no long lost relatives I haven’t even met. Just everyone that means a lot to us and home cooked food with a live band. That’s it” Kate told her.
“Ok. Then that’s what you shall get” Marie nodded. They both looked at Henry who had fallen asleep in her arms.
“Let me take him” Kate motioned for her to take Henry but Marie pulled back.
“It’s ok, I’ll take him up. You just sit down and organize what you want cooked” and with that she was gone.
End Notes:
only a short one, but thought i should add an explanation for the next chapter
Garden Wedding by katetodd4eva
Author's Notes:
Its finally here.what they have all been waiting for.
Kate was in the kitchen making the last of the salads. She heard the front door open and close
and soon a pair of strong arms were wrapped around her waist.
“Everything ok in here?” he asked softy as he leaned down and kiss the back of her neck. Kate
stopped what she was doing and grabbed the dish towel and wiped her hands. She turned around
in his arms to face him with a smile.
“Everything is fine. How about you?” she asked looking up into his eyes. His smile widened.
“Fine” he replied as he leaned down and kissed her lips softly.
“So you’re ready for tomorrow? There is nothing you need to do?” she asked softly. He paused
for a moment and trailed his eyes over Kate’s face and down her body.
“There is one thing” in one movement he lifted Kate up onto the bench, pushing aside the cutting
board she was working on. Jethro positioned himself between her legs and started attacking her
neck with kisses that turned into gentle sucking. Kate encouraged him with a low moan and
wrapped her legs around him. He ran a hand down her side and up under her shirt and stroked
her soft skin. He pressed himself against her so she could feel his erection.
“Should we come back?” came Abby’s voice from behind them. Jethro removed his hand from
under her shirt and stood up, while Kate looked past him and saw Abby with Henry in her arms
and Rachel holding Lauren’s hand.
“Don’t you guys knock?” she asked as she pushed Jethro back so she could slide off the counter
back onto her own feet. Rachel let go of Lauren and she ran towards Kate, who bent down and
picked her up. She kissed her little cubby cheek and gave her a big hug.
“Yeah well, can’t you guys save it for the honey moon” Abby threw back as she handed a
squirming Henry over to Jethro.
“You made your point. I thought you guys weren’t going to be back until six?” Kate asked
looking over at the clock.
“Well when we got to the park it was so crowded we just decided to go for an extended walk” Rachel explained.
“We figured that was enough since they couldn’t walk the rest of the way home” added Abby. Kate looked over at Jethro, who was also cursing the packed park. Rachel gave a little laugh.
“What?” Kate asked. Rachel shook her head.
“Nothing, it’s just” she stopped.
“What?” Kate asked.
“You two” she finally said with a big smile. Kate and Jethro looked at each.
“What about us?” he asked clearly confused.
“You were so happy and excited when the twins arrived and now look at you. The second they are out of the house you’re acting like horny teenagers” after her explanation Abby joined in with the laughter. Jethro rolled his eyes.
“I think they can do with a nappy change” he told Kate and she handed Lauren over to him and headed upstairs. Once he was gone Kate turned her attention to her laughing bridal party.
“18 months with no sex, I think you two would be acting like horny teenagers as well” she
clarified which only made Rachel and Abby laugh harder. Kate just shook her head.
“I’m sorry sweetie, I know it must be hard, but trying to get some while you’re in the middle of
making your wedding dinner” Rachel explained. Kate sighed.
“God you’re right” she agreed.
“It’s ok. It has to be hard with Gibbs’ unpredictable work schedule and having to run after two
babies” Abby sympathized. Kate nodded and turned back to the counter and started to gather up
the remnants of her salad.
“It will get better. After this week alone you will feel refreshed and ready to tackle another 18
months” Rachel said.
“Is that what we have to look for? A break every 18 months?” Kate asked. Rachel got up and
went over to Kate.
“No sweetie. You’ll get weekends when mum and me come and visit, or when Abby and Tim
babysit” she said with a smile. Kate put down the knife and tomato.
“I guess I wish we had more us time. Don’t get me wrong I love them dearly, but Jethro and I used to…” Kate paused and looked to Rachel and Abby who both had their ‘I don’t want details’ look.
“We used to be extremely intimate and now, he is either home too late, the kids won’t sleep or I’m too tired and it just frustrates me” she exclaimed. Rachel got up and hugged her sister.
“It gets better believe me. You are getting married tomorrow. Enjoy your last day of being a Todd” she said and kissed her cheek. Kate smiled.
“Thank you. So do Jethro and I really have to sleep apart tonight?” Kate asked. Rachel and Abby looked at each other than back at Kate.
“Yes” they said in unison, which was answered with a groan from Kate.

“My god you look gorgeous” Marie exclaimed as Kate emerged from the bedroom fully dressed. She blushed a little.
“That is definitely he perfect dress” Abby said as she handed Kate her bouquet. Abby stared at her for a while.
“What? Do I have something in my teeth?” Kate asked. Abby shook her head.
“No you look great. It’s just…you two are finally doing this. And I can’t believe I get to be a part of it” Abby started to tear up.
“Abby please don’t. You’re going to make me ruin my make-up” Kate said as she dabbed at her eyes.
“I can’t help it. You guys are my family” Abby wrapped her arms around Kate.
“You girls ready? Everyone is waiting” Joseph said entering the room.
“I’m ready” Kate said pulling out of Abby’s arms. Rachel, Abby and Marie left with a kiss on Kate’s cheek. Joseph took his daughters arm and lead her to the trees.
“You ready?” he asked her. She watched as Rachel and Henry went down the grassy isle, followed by Abby and Lauren. She nodded.
“Of course” she beamed. With one last kiss they headed for the isle. She found Jethro’s eyes immediately and she could read his mind. She had to fight the urge to run the rest of the way and throw her arms around him. When they reached the end of the isle Joseph gave her another kiss on the cheek.
“Who gives this woman to this man?” the priest asked.
“My wife and I do” Joseph answered then took his seat in the front row, next to Marie. He took Henry into his lap.
“Ladies and gentleman, we are gathered here today” the priest started the ceremony.
“Mummy” Henry called as he squirmed on Jo’s lap. Kate turned to Rachel and handed her the bouquet.
“It’s ok, come here” she said. Joseph let the little boy go and he ran straight for Kate. She picked him up and gave him a big hug, then fixed up his little tux. Marie did the same with Lauren who ran straight for Jethro. He picked her up and gave her a kiss. Kate turned to the priest with a smile.
“We’re ok now” she said and everyone gave a small chuckle.
The rest of the ceremony went uninterrupted, until the first kiss as husband and wife.
“Me too” Henry and Lauren both cheered as Jethro and Kate broke apart. Kate lent over and kissed Lauren and Jethro did the same with Henry.

Kate and Jethro got called onto the make-shift dance floor for their first dance as husband and wife. As Harvest Moon by Neil Young started to fill the fresh spring air, Jethro pulled Kate close and started to slow dance.
“You look gorgeous” he whispered in her ear. Her smile widened.
“And you look so handsome. I almost didn’t recognize you” she replied. With the hand on the small of her back, he pulled her closer to him.
“I can’t wait to see what’s under this dress” he said in a hoarse voice then started kissing her neck gently. Kate closed her eyes, her whole body relaxing. Soon Rachel and Ducky and Abby and Mike joined them, followed by Marie and Joseph. Kate is playing with the hair on the back of Jethro’s head and kissed him again. She stopped when she felt a tugging on her dress. She looked down to see Lauren looking up at her. Kate laughs and bends down and picks her up.
“You look so pretty in your dress” Kat tells her with a kiss on the cheek.
“Mummy pretty” she replies tugging on Kate’s pearl necklace.
“Daddy” calls Henry and he bends down and picks him up to. The four of them share their first family dance.
Soon it was time for Kate and Jethro to leave for their honeymoon. Kate went back into the house to get changed.
“I don’t want to make a big deal otherwise Henry and Lauren won’t let us go” Kate said through the door as she changed.
“Don’t worry about them. Just go around and say a quick goodbye, tell them they will see them soon and go. Will you be ok?” Abby asked as she took Kate’s dress and put it in the bag.
“Yeah, why wouldn’t I be?” she asked as she stepped out of the room.
“Maybe because this is the first time you have been apart from them since they were born” Abby pointed out.
“That’s true, but I have Jethro. Honestly I will be fine” Kate reassures her. Kate and Jethro start to make their rounds of goodbyes. Marie, Joseph, Abby and Rachel walk Kate and Jethro to their awaiting car along with Henry and Lauren.
“So if you guys need anything just call us” Kate tells them.
“Sweetie, it’s your week away. Enjoy it” Marie said kissing the top of her head. Her dad then steps up and hugs her tightly.
“Be safe” he tells her then kisses her cheek. Jethro hugs Abby who has Henry in her arms.
“Don’t make too many babies” Abby whispers into his ear.
“Behave yourself” he told her and pulled back and kissed the top of his sons head.
“You be a good boy” he tells him. Henry nods his head. Rachel hands Lauren to Kate for one last hug. Kate kissed her little face over and over again.
“You be a good girl for grandma ok. We will be home soon” Kate tells her. And much to her surprise she felt a huge tug at her heart as she look at the innocent face of her daughter.
‘Abby was so right’ she suddenly thought. She kissed Rachel’s cheek and handed Lauren back to her.
“We will have so much fun, don’t worry” Rachel told her. Kate sniffed trying to hold it together. She then had to say goodbye to Henry.
“My big boy. You be good. I will call you every night ok” she said as she kissed him as well. Henry nodded.
“Love” he tells her and wraps his little arms around her neck. She kissed him quickly and gave him back to Abby. She couldn’t take it and quickly got in the back of the car. Jethro finished his goodbyes and joined Kate in the car. She wiped her eyes and sniffled once more.
“You ok?” he asked as he grabbed her hand.
“Abby was right. I’m not ok” she says looking at him with tear stained eyes. He reached over and wiped her face.
“They will be fine. We will call them every night” he told her and she smiled. As they pulled away they waved goodbye to everyone.
“I’m just going to miss them so much” she told him leaning back into the seat.
“So will I. But we need this time to ourselves. You deserve a break” he said leaning over and kissing her.
“You’re right. We do need a break” she says and kisses him again.
This story archived at http://www.ncisfiction.com/viewstory.php?sid=4083