The Best Man by duderank
Summary: Someone's getting married.
Categories: Gen Characters: Anthony DiNozzo, Jimmy Palmer
Genre: Friendship
Pairing: None
Warnings: None
Challenges:
Series: None
Chapters: 1 Completed: Yes Word count: 408 Read: 2050 Published: 07/30/2011 Updated: 07/30/2011

1. The Best Man by duderank

The Best Man by duderank
Author's Notes:
Someone's getting married.
"Of course there have been other girls, but none who've ever measured up to Breena."

Jimmy Palmer was just drunk enough to be pouring his heart out to DiNozzo,yet not sober enough to not require Tony's support in keeping him standing upright in the middle of the street.

"There was Debbie Smith, my High school crush, wonder what ever happened to her?"

"I guess we'll never know." said Tony, struggling to prop him up, while
listening to the groom to be's recollections.

"Lauren Taylor and Sophie May from college, then no one of any real note till I met you guys ..."
Hesitant to say her name, he paused for a few seconds. "...and Michelle."

"Now that was a lucky escape." said Tony.

Jimmy frowned and shook his head. "Oh, come on Tony, be fair. She wasn't all bad. In fact, she could even be quite sweet."

"Well you ought to know." replied Tony. "You got closer to her than any of us."

Melancholy and memories swept over Jimmy. "Not close enough to change anything. Otherwise, who knows, she might actually still be around to wish me luck tomorrow."

"Yeah, maybe." Tony replied,in hushed tones.

"Tony, I have a confession."

"Oh my God, you're already married!"

"No." Jimmy hung his head in shame. " For a while I didn't think you'd agree to be my Best Man. I must have been crazy to think that. I'm sorry."

Tony relaxed, having expected something a lot more terrible "Oh Man,is that all?"

"You're not mad at me are you?"

"Of course not, you idiot."

Jimmy let out a huge sigh of relief. "Thank's Tony." He suddenly lunged at DiNozzo. "I love you man."

"Hey! easy "Tiger". Save that for Breena!" exclaimed Tony, having to push Jimmy away.

Tony knew he was going to need some help with Palmer and looked back over his shoulder to see if Ducky and McGee had caught up yet, after they'd had to stop due to McPukey throwing up in a doorway. He saw that they were slowly getting nearer.

"You know Jimmy, I wanted to leave you cuffed to a fire hydrant tonight, but I don't want to do that anymore. So I'm just going to get you straight home and in bed instead. You've got a big day tomorrow kid. The biggest."

"Yeah, I know." Jimmy grinned broadly, enough to put a Cheshire cat to shame, imagining how lovely Breena was going to look in her wedding dress. "Isn't it great!"
This story archived at http://www.ncisfiction.com/viewstory.php?sid=4195