Only to be Kidnapped by ziva54382
Summary: Ziva is in dangerous situations
Categories: Gen Characters: Abby Sciuto, Anthony DiNozzo, Donald Mallard, Leroy Jethro Gibbs, Original character, Timothy McGee, Ziva David
Genre: Action
Pairing: None
Warnings: None
Challenges:
Series: None
Chapters: 2 Completed: No Word count: 1126 Read: 4181 Published: 08/31/2012 Updated: 09/01/2012

1. Only to be Kidnapped by ziva54382

2. Chapter 2 by ziva54382

Only to be Kidnapped by ziva54382
Author's Notes:
Ziva is in dangerous situations
It was Monday afternoon and the sun had just come out. It had been raining on and off for the last two weeks. For the last week, the NCIS agents had all been searching for a guy named Devon Bradshaw. He had killed two naval officers on different ships when he had used C4 to blow up the ships. Now, Devon had placed a tonne of C4 somewhere on the grounds of the Washington DC naval base. Everyone was being evacuated but Gibbs and his team were still in the NCIS headquarters building, trying to get two stubborn criminals to stand up and leave the building. The team had no idea that the bomb was situated on the floor directly below the interrogation room they were standing in.

A sudden gasp from Ziva was the first hint of the bomb. Everyone knew Ziva was trained to know what a bomb sounded like, and they were grateful that she had sensed the bomb. Realising that Gibbs had not been lying about the bomb, the two criminals stood up and rushed from the building, with McGee and Tony close behind.

Grabbing Ziva, Gibbs ran from the room and headed towards the elevator. He felt Ziva tense up as the elevator doors closed and immediately noticed that he had made a mistake getting into the elevator.

As the elevator started shaking, Gibbs drew his newest agent to him and wrapped his arms around her, doing so just in time. Gibbs felt the bomb explode and pushed Ziva to the elevator floor, attempting to protect her from falling debris. Ziva was already unconscious, having hit her head on the side of the elevator accidentally when Gibbs had pushed her down.

Gibbs knew they were stuck. He just hoped McGee and Tony had gotten to safety. Abby, Palmer and Ducky had been evacuated straight away, so Gibbs knew they were safe. As Gibbs moved off Ziva, he saw a piece of brick come crashing through the top of the elevator. Before he could do anything, it hit Ziva's head, and Gibbs heard a loud crack, knowing that Ziva's skull was probably now cracked or fractured. Gibbs silently cursed himself before an idea struck him.

Gibbs pulled out his phone and checked the signal. He had the full five bars. Gibbs dialed McGee's phone. It was answered on the first ring.

"Boss?" asked McGee. There was a hint of worry in his voice.

"McGee, did you and Tony get out safely?" asked Gibbs.

"Yes. We're getting ready to help with the search effort. Where are you and Ziva?"

"In the elevator. Get an ambulance ready. Ziva got hurt."

"Alright, we'll be there soon to help you guys."

Gibbs thanked McGee and hung up. He then turned to Ziva and checked her for a pulse. She was still alive.
*****************************************************************************
"Agent Gibbs?" called a man's voice.

"In here!" shouted Gibbs. Ziva was still unconscious.

Gibbs heard metal hit the elevator doors and gently pulled Ziva backwards, away from the doors and further harm. After a few minutes, Gibbs saw the doors open a fraction and stood up to help pry open the doors.

When the doors were finally open half an hour later, a paramedic rushed past Gibbs and bent down next to a still unconscious Ziva. He placed her on a stretcher and took her to a waiting ambulance. Tony followed anxiously, and rode to the hospital with Ziva.

As soon as Ziva arrived at the hospital, she was taken to an operating room for surgery.
Chapter 2 by ziva54382
"Agent Gibbs?" asked a blood-stained doctor.

"Yes," said Gibbs. He had been waiting outside the operating room for almost eleven hours. This young man was Dr Smith.

"Miss David is very lucky. We've stopped the bleeding in her brain but she is in a very critical condition. Her skull is fractured, her left wrist is fractured, and her right ankle is broken. Apart from her skull, the bones should heal in three to six weeks. She's in a coma right now in the ICU. Her memory of today may be slightly jumbled when she wakes up but I expect her to make a full recovery."

"Thank you Doctor Smith."

"Do you want to see her?"

"Yes, but I think Tony should go first. He's her best friend and he might be able to wake her up."

Tony stood up and followed Dr Smith to Ziva's room. Ziva was lying in the bed, covered in tubes and wires. Her head was bandaged, as well as her left wrist. Her right ankle was covered with plaster.

Tony sat on a chair next to the bed and picked up Ziva's hand. It was cold. And moving. Tony looked up to see Ziva watching his every move.

"Hey Ziva. I'm so glad you're okay. I was so scared. Ask Palmer, he'll tell you. Everyone's here. After the doctor checks you, I'll take you to them," said Tony.

"Okay," whispered Ziva.

Ten minutes later, Ziva was sitting in a wheelchair and Tony was pushing her into the ICU waiting room.

"Look who's awake," said Tony happily.

Gibbs and the team looked up and smiled. Each of them hugged Ziva gently.

"What happened Gibbs?" asked Ziva. Her voice was weak.

"You don't remember?" asked Gibbs.

"No."

"Devon Bradshaw blew up the building. We got stuck in the elevator and a piece of brick hit your head and knocked you out. You've been here for about eleven hours. The doctor said you should make a full recovery."

Ziva unconsciously pulled the blanket Tony had covered her with up towards her stomach.

"Are you cold Ziva?" asked Tony. "Do you want to go back to your bed?"

"I'm okay Tony. Can you get me the dressing gown though?" asked Ziva.

"Sure, I'll be right back sweetheart."

Five minutes later, Tony returned with the dressing gown.

"Boss, can you hold her up please?" asked Tony.

"Sure," replied Gibbs.

Gibbs held Ziva up while Tony helped her put the dressing gown on. He then helped her back into the wheelchair. Gibbs could see that Ziva was in pain but she was never one to complain. Gibbs pulled Tony aside and, together, they went looking for Dr Smith. Abby took advantage of their absence to make Ziva smile.

"Hey Ziva, can I tell you a secret?" asked Abby.

"Of course Abbs," replied Ziva.

"Tony was crying like a baby before. Hahaha."

"I missed it?"

"Yeah. McGee got a video. Want to see it?"

"Okay." Abby noticed that Ziva's face had lit up.

"Here you go Ziva," said McGee.

Ziva took the phone from McGee and watched the video. She was still laughing with Abby, McGee, Palmer and Ducky when Tony and Gibbs came back with Dr Smith.

"What's so funny Ziva?" asked Tony as McGee put away his phone.

"Nothing Tony," said Ziva.

"How are you feeling Ziva?" asked Dr Smith.

"My head hurts a bit," said Ziva quietly.

"Okay, here you go sweetie."

"Thanks."

Dr Smith walked off after Ziva swallowed the tablet. He was glad that she was feeling better already.
This story archived at http://www.ncisfiction.com/viewstory.php?sid=4471