Sam's Nightmare by Soph
Summary: Tony's daughter is very much apart of his life. but one night could destroy her whole life. so she thinks
Categories: Gibbs/DiNozzo Characters: None
Genre: Established relationship
Pairing: Gibbs/DiNozzo
Warnings: Rape
Challenges:
Series: None
Chapters: 12 Completed: No Word count: 21431 Read: 47249 Published: 03/10/2005 Updated: 07/27/2005
Story Notes:
Ok i wrote on GIL/NICK site but this story will be on going. So please read and review it please thanks :0)

1. Sam by Soph

2. Sam's Nightmare Pt 2 by Soph

3. Sam's Nightmare Pt 3 by Soph

4. Sam's Nightmare PT 4 by Soph

5. Sam's Nightmare Pt 5 by Soph

6. Sam's Nightmare pt 6 by Soph

7. Sam's Nightmare pt 7 by Soph

8. Sam's Nightmare PT 8 by Soph

9. Sam's Nightmare pt 9 by Soph

10. Sam's Nightmare pt 10 by Soph

11. Sam's Nightmare pt 11 by Soph

12. Sam's nightmare pt 12 by Soph

Sam by Soph
Author's Notes:
Tony's daughter is very much apart of his life. but one night could destroy her whole life. so she thinks

PT 1

Samantha Dinozzo was sitting at her History class watching the teacher walking around. Teaching about the revolutionary way. But her eyes were averted to the front side door when in walked Anthony Dinozzo and Special Agent Jethro Gibbs.

"Class i would like you to meet Special Agents Anthony Dinozzo and Special Agent Jethro Gibbs. They're hear to talk about some of the Military, Gentlemen."

Samantha smiled. Anthony Dinozzo was by far the best dad a girl could have. He had just recently started seeing his boss. Gibbs. Gibbs was like a father to her already. Tony started talking and Samantha listened. But her mind didn't stay in the class. She remember her dad telling her about how she came into this world. He had told her he was 18 when her mom came into his life.

FLASHBACK

Young anthony Dinozzo sat at his desk when in walked Maryanne Potter. "Maryanne would you mind going to the movies with me?" She just smirked and nodded. But that night would change his life forever.

Tony and Maryanne did the dirty deed.

NINE MONTHS LATER
APRIL- 13TH -1989

Tony was at home when his dad came in hitting him in the head. "YOU SON OF A BITCH" Tony was confused. "What?" Edward Dinozzo pulled Tony up by his hair. "Maryanne's mother called. Maryanne had a baby last night." Tony was shocked. "Dad we used protection." Edward back handed Tony. "You go and marry Maryanne. Or you will be sorry." Tony nodded.

NEXT DAY

Tony was at Maryanne's house. He knocked on the door Mrs. Potter opened and smiled. "Come in and meet your daughter." Tony walked in and seen Maryanne holding a pink bundle of joy. "Hey Tony." Tony smiled softly. "Meet Samantha Grace Dinozzo. I gave her your name." Tony smiled. "Wanna hold your daughter?" He smiled. "Yes." Tony picked up Samantha and the baby cooed at him. That was when she stole his heart.

END FLASHBACK

Samantha came back into her class when the bell rang. "Ok class Homework assignments. Chapters 3-5 and you have a test in 2 weeks on these Chapters." Everyone made their way out. Samantha was just out the door when 2 hands grabbed her shoulder. She gasped and spun around to see her dad and Gibbs standing there smiling.

"You scared me." Samantha said.

"I know. Where you heading?" Tony asked his daughter. He noticed Samantha's friend. Gail Flemming coming up.

Samantha pointing to her locker. "Going to get my custom for the play and then going to rehearsal. Why?" Gail came up and grabbed her form behind her and spun her around.

"Ok Juliet. Why ain't you in costume?" Gail asked her smiling. Sam turned to her and smirked. "Going Ms Director."

Sam turned back to her dad. "As you can see i am being beckoned. Thank you both for doing this for my teacher." She said giving Tony a hug and then turning to Gibbs and giving him one.

Tony only smiled at her "Well i don't do this for any daughter of mine."

Sam smirked at him and laughed at him. "Well good thing i'm your only daughter." She loved watching him trying to make up a come back. "Ok Gail let's go." Sam said and went off leaving Tony and Gibbs standing in the hall.

DC HIGHSCHOOL AUDITORIUM

Sam and Gail walked in to see all the students in costumes waiting to start Rehearsal. "Well Ms. Dinozzo and Flemmings glad you could join us.

Sam smirked and got up on stage. "Well i had to say Thanks to my dad."

Todd Glason just glared at her. "Well make it snappy next time."

Samantha nodded. "Yes sir. " Just then the Auditorium doors opened and in walked Tony and Gibbs. "Oh crap. What now. Who the hell are you guys?" Todd snapped at the 2 older men. Sam just closed her eyes and shook her head.

"Todd that's my dad and his boss. Now can you spare for 5 minutes?" She asked with a smug look on her face.

Todd looked at them to her. "Oh sure. Yeah go ahead."

Sam smirked and walked off stage up to them. "What's up?" Tony smiled. "I just wanted to watch you rehearse." Sam nodded. And Gibbs and Tony got a couple seats. "Todd ready whenever Romeo is." Sam said going back up to the stage. From his seat Gibbs watched Tony watch his daughter. Tony always made it clear that Sam was his main priority. And he was glad Tony made an effort with her.

TBC

End Notes:
Ok i wrote on GIL/NICK site but this story will be on going. So please read and review it please thanks :0)
Sam's Nightmare Pt 2 by Soph
Author's Notes:
Sam comes to Tony's work which cause suspicion on Kate and Mcgee's part

Pt 2

Tony had walked into the bull pen carrying his backpack and jacket. "Good morning Kate." Special Agent Caitlin Todd was at her desk looking at her Email when her partner came in.

"Hey Tony. How was your night last night?"

He smiled at her. "Fine. Went on a date."

Kate smirked. "Kinda figured that Dinozzo."

Tony smiled and sat down at his desk. "Let's see who wants a piece of me today."

Kate smirked from her desk. "Tammy ? Fanny? The girls from the farm."

Tony looked across to her confused. "Did you hack into my computer."

Kate glared at him. "No. But ever since you hacked into mine I've been getting porn mail."

Tony smiled. "Come on Kate. Don't tell me you never looked at an X rated site?"

Kate shook her head. "No I haven't."

Tony picked his phone up and dialed a number. "That's just sad."

Kate looked at him. "Why?"

Tony placed his phone in the cradle. "Cause I believe you."

Just then Gibbs came in and placed something on Tony's desk. "What's this boss?"

Gibbs looked at him. "Well Dinozzo it looks like a book." Tony smiled. "Yeah Tony. You know you open and read it." Kate piped in.

Tony glared at her. "What's the book for boss?"

Gibbs looked at his team. "It's about the revolutionary war."

Tony looked confused and then realized who it was for. "I'll make sure I read it Boss. Thanks."

Kate looked confusedly between the 2 men.

"Wait why did you get Tony a book on the revolutionary war?"

Gibbs looked at her. "Cause Tony has a collection of articles and this book had an article in it that he wanted. I found it."

Kate nodded. Then turned to Tony. "Could I see your collection sometime?"

Tony nodded. "Sure" He then thought. "As soon as I get one."

Kate was settled then.

"Dinozzo you get the toxicology report back from Abby on Peterson?" Gibbs asked .

Tony shook his head. "No she said about an hour maybe more."

Gibbs nodded. "Alright then let's get some work done.


3:30 PM

Gibbs and Tony were sitting at theirs desks when the elevator dinged and Sam came in. Kate looked up and spoke first.

‘Can i help you?"

Sam smiled. "Yes i need to see Tony Dinozzo."

Tony's head snapped up and looked at his daughter.

"Sam? What are you doing here?"

Sam smiled. "I need my house key."

Tony smiled at her . "Sorry forgot i took your key chain. That would be why i left mine with you."

She nodded. "So we switch you give mine back and i give you yours."

They switched key chains.

Sam then turned to Gibbs. "See you later. " She waved and left.

Kate and McGee then turned to the 2 agents curiously. "Ok Tony was that your girlfriend. She looks kinda young."

Tony smiled shook his head. "No Kate that was not my girlfriend."

Tony looked at Gibbs who nodded. "Um give me 5 minutes boss. I forgot to tell her something." Gibbs nodded.

When Tony was gone Kate looked to Gibbs expectantly.

"Spill it Gibbs who is the girl?"

Gibbs half smiled. "Kate that's Tony's business. Not yours . Now get back to work."

Kate nodded and went back to her desk and worked.

Gibbs just smirked. "I gotta go speak to Abby. Be back in a few minutes." With that he escaped down to the lab.

Just as he left Tony came back in smiling.

"Tony tell me who that was. Please."

Tony shook his head. "Ok i'll let you investigate this matter. But you do me one favor. Come with me and Gibbs to a play next Friday at this highschool." Kate nodded.

Tony turned to Mcgee. "You too Probie. Now let me go see what Abby has for me."

LAB

Abby Sciuto was at her microscope working with her Metalica blasting in the background when she heard the elevator door ding. Gibbs stepped in and handed her some of her Caf Pow . "Oh thanks. Toxicology is done."

Gibbs took the sheet from her just as the elevator dinged. And Tony walked to them. "Hey Abs is the Toxicology done?"

Abby smiled at him. "Yeah Gibbs is reading it." Tony looked over to their boss who was holding at arms length.

Tony walked over and snatched it from him. "Get some glasses Gibbs." Gibbs shook his head and let Tony read the report.

"Kate give you a hard time?" Gibbs asked quietly.

Tony smirked. "Yeah but i got it handled. Abby do me a favor.?" Abby nodded. "How do you like Romeo and Juliet?"

Abby looked at him and smiled. "Kate called before you came down. I would love to go Tony." Tony smiled. "Thanks."

Gibbs smirked at them. "Thanks Abs. Come on Tony we got a prisoner to go get."

FEDERAL CAR

Kate and Gibbs were in the front seat and Tony was in the back remembering when his life turned around for the better

FLASHBACK
APRIL-20-1989

Tony Dinozzo was getting ready to go down to the police academy sign in. He was out the door and at the administrators office before he knew it he was enrolled in the Police Academy. Hopefully no one would make a big deal about this.

Tony came into the house to hear his dad fuming about something.

"A cop? What does my boy know about being a cop?" He asked his wife.

Nancy Dinozzo came out of the kitchen to see Tony standing there listening. "I'm sorry. He wanted you to be his Vice president of the company."

Tony nodded. "Well i'm enrolled in the Police Academy. So." She nodded.

Just then his dad came in looking as red as a tomato. "You ungrateful little son of a bitch. I provided everything for you. A company you could run and you had to go and become the enemy?"

Tony shook his head. "I told you when i was 16 i was gonna become a cop."

Edward stepped up to his son. "You GET out of this house. And if i ever see you or your miserable child anywhere near here i will hurt you. So help me god i will punish you."

Tony eyes got cold. "I will be packed by morning." With that he went up to the room that he had called his for 18 years. Now it would be just a distant memory.

MARYANNE'S HOUSE

Tony stepped up on the front porch step when he heard a blood curdling cry. That wasn't his daughter that was Maryanne's mother. Tony raced into the house to see Mrs. Potter sitting on the couch holding her head. While 2 police officers talked slowly to her.

"Mrs. Potter? What's wrong?"

Dorothy Potter looked to Tony with tear filled eyes. "Maryanne she. She was in a car wreck and D died."

Tony felt like a Mack truck hit him in the gut.

"Oh my god. W Was Sam with her?"

Dorothy shook her head. "I was taking care of her."

Tony sat down and looked at the 2 officers.

"Um I'm Tony Dinozzo me and Maryanne were well we had a daughter together here a few days ago." The officers nodded.

"Mrs. Potter I'm gonna go check on Sam." Dorothy nodded.

With that Tony left to go check on his daughter. Standing next to her crib he let a few silent tears run down his face.

"Well little one looks like I'm gonna need to find a place to stay for the both of us." The baby just cooed at him. Tony smiled.

END FLASHBACK

Tony was jerked from his thoughts when Gibbs stopped in front of the witness/suspects house. Tony checked his side arm. When he stepped into a building he always made sure he was still armed. Cause no matter what he knew that he had to go home to his pride and joy. The one person who could remind him of the joys of life. His daughter

TBC

Sam's Nightmare Pt 3 by Soph
Author's Notes:
Sam and Tony talk.

PT 3

Sam was at her local gym with her buddies practicing her jump start. Sam had learned how to do all sorts of things. She was a real pro on the court. She sang in her church's choir and she was doing a church play along with a school play. But basketball she loved. Mainly cause Tony and her played one on one with each other.

Sam's watch beeped when it got time to go home. She got into her car and drove to the other side of town. She pulled into the Apartment buildings garage. When she got to their apartment door her next door neighbor stepped out. "Sam ahh good to see you."

Sam smiled. "Hi Mrs. Collins. What's going?"

Emily Collins was the 3rd floor gossip. Especially for Tony and Sam's apartment. "Sam. Your dad and his boss and a dark haired woman got here about 30 minutes ago,."

Sam just smiled. "Mrs. Collins his boss and probably his Colleague are working on a case with my dad. But I will check it out." Mrs. Collins nodded and watched Sam go inside.

Once inside Sam put her bag down on the bench next to the door. She looked at the mail on the end table. Nothing that couldn't wait probably. Sam went into the kitchen to find Tony and Gibbs sitting at the table talking.

"Hey guys." She smiled. "I'll get dinner ready." She said and walked on into the kitchen.

Gibbs raised his eyebrows at Tony. "You told her about Kate Ducky Abby and McGee going to the play?" Tony shook his head.

AN HOUR LATER

Gibbs had gone home to work on his boat. Tony was sitting on the couch watching a basketball game. He looked over at Sam who was writing out a problem in her math homework.

"Sam?"

Sam turned in her seat looked at him. "Yeah Dad?"

Tony smiled. "Listen. What would you think of meeting some of my co-workers?"

Sam smiled. "I think it's about time."

Tony smiled. "Ok. Um I kinda invited them to your play."

Sam's smile faded. "Oh. Um dad you know how nervous I'll be."

Tony nodded. "Sam you don't know which play they're coming to."

Sam smiled nervously. "Oh well they could only come to the school play cause I told Mrs. Taylor I had to quit the church play."

That was news to Tony. "Why?"

Sam shrugged. "2 parts in the play is just too much for me,."

Tony nodded. "Sam are you feeling ok?"

She nodded. "Yeah Dad why?"

Tony just shrugged. "You just are quiet. Normally you are talking about how basketball was at the gym."

Sam smiled. "Well it was fine. I'm just tired. After math today we did track and I felt dizzy and tired so I had to lie down."

That got Tony worried. "Sam. You would tell me if something seriously was bothering you right?"

She nodded. "Why?"

He just shrugged. "Me and Gibbs worked this case on a dead sailor's daughter. Turns out that she killed herself cause a friend moved."

Sam shook her head. "Dad you don't have to worry about that. My friends don't move. I move from them." She said smiling at him.

Ever since she was 3 they moved every 2 years. This was the longest they had stayed in one place. Tony nodded and sat back looking at the Tv.

"Dad. What was my mom like?"

Tony sat stark still. This was the first time Sam had asked about her mom.

"Sammy. She was a good person."

Sam nodded. Sam was content with that but she didn't expect to hear the next part.

"You're like her. Your personality. You're kind sweet. More a people person. She was like that. As I called her an Angel."

Sam smiled. Most days he would call her Angel. "Did she sing?"

Tony shook his head. "Not that I knew of."

Sam smiled and went back to her homework. "Why did you ask?"

Sam looked up. "Cause a couple of girls were talking to day outside the nurse's office when I was laying down. Said something about their moms and I was just curious." Tony nodded. They sat in companionable silence. But a thought ran through Tony's head. The day of Maryanne's funeral.

FLASHBACK
APRIL - 23 - 1989

Tony stood staring at the head stone in front of him .

Maryanne Gail Potter
Oct-29-1972 To Apr-20-1989

We will miss you Mom , Dad and your Daughter Samantha

Tony looked to Mr. and Mrs Potter who was holding a sleeping Sam. He walked over and kissed Dorothy's cheek. "Let me take her." She handed over the baby to him. Tony walked to the back of the chairs and stood with the baby. His daughter. His flesh and blood. Tony listened to the Potter's preacher talk about Maryanne. But his mind was on the responsibility in his hands. He hadn't told the Potters about going into the police Academy. He would have to. Cause he would need them to watch Sam while he was in school. He knew he couldn't ask his parents for help. His dad made it known he was not welcome. Tony didn't know it but he had a tear sliding down his cheek.

When the service was over he made his way to the grieving parents. "Mr. Potter?"

Jim Potter looked up to the boy he had wished to be his son in law. "Tony. We're glad you came." Dorothy automatically went to take Sam from him. "Come here darlin." She took the baby to some of her friends. Unlike his parents. Maryanne's had showed them support when she came up pregnant. And had welcomed Tony into their home. Tony watched the baby with his eyes. He heard some gasps from the women. "Is that her baby?" Some would ask.

Tony smiled. Jim caught that. "She is gorgeous Tony. Don't doubt that."

Tony turned to Mr. Potter. "I don't Sir."

Jim smiled. "I have a friend in the police academy."

Tony was shocked by that remark. "Oh?" He asked dry mouthed.

Jim smiled. "I know what you're doing."

Tony looked at him. "What am I doing. Sir?"

Jim looked at his wife. "You're waiting for the right time to ask us if we would help you with Sam while you're in the Academy."

Tony smiled. "I guess I am."

Jim patted him on the back. "Me and Dorothy will always help you and that little girl." Tony smiled. Jim pulled Tony while he walked to the car behind Dorothy a ways. "Come to our house and we can go over some schedules." Tony smiled. He was glad for the help.

END FLASHBACK

Tony looked at Sam who was switching her books for a while. She looked up at the Tv for a second. Jim Potter was right. She was a gorgeous girl. He just wished they had gotten to seen her at this age. But when she was 5 they were in a car wreck themselves. And killed. He took her to the funerals. But she didn't know what was going on. He was pulled from his thoughts when his cell chirped. He snatched it from the end table and caught his first glimpse of Sam's face. She had been crying doing her math homework. That broke his heart more. When he read the read out he knew he had an assignment to do. He flipped his phone open.

"Dinozzo?" He barked into it. From Sam's position she seen his face grow grim.

"Alright Boss I'll be there in 10 minutes,." He flipped his phone shut.

Sam guessed . "Assignment?"

Tony nodded. "In Norfolk. " Sam nodded. Tony hated leaving her for a long period of time at home alone.

"Call Gail and see if she wants to come over." He suggested

Sam shook her head. "Nah. I'll be fine. I know how to box kick a guy if I need to."

Tony nodded, and motioned for him to follow him. "Sammy. Listen to me." Sam sat down on his bed while he tied up his shoes. "You're mom and me may not have planned for you. But you are the best thing in my life right now. And if anything happens to you I will die. You can take that to the bank." Sam nodded. And she never doubts it.

"Dad do me a favor?"

He looked at her. "Yeah Angel?"

She got up and hugged him. "Don't get shot or beat up. Cause you're a big baby."

Tony smiled and squeezed her . "I'll do my best." Sam wiped a tear from her eye. Tony left with a little sense of happiness.

TBC

End Notes:
Been having writers block
Sam's Nightmare PT 4 by Soph
Author's Notes:
Tony may break his promise to Sam.

PT 4

Sam had stayed up another 2 3 hours after Tony left. She knew his Assignments were apart of the job. But she knew Gibbs wouldn't let nothing happen to him. Gibbs had told her when he met her that he protected his team. And she took him on his word. So her dad was protected.

At about 10:00 that night the phone rang and she picked it up.

"Hello?" She said into the receiver. Only to receive heavy breathing on the other end.

"Hello? Anyone there?" She asked a little curious.

"Sam?" It was a older female voice.

"Yes I'm Sam. Who is this?" She asked really wondering.

"Is Tony Dinozzo there?" Sam was getting scared a little.

"My dad is at work. Um if you give him a message I will have him call you." She said getting a pen. She could hear the woman breathing a little more.

"No No Thank you." And with that the line went dead. Sam looked at the phone and hung it up. She didn't think anything of it.

11:00 PM NORFOLK HOTEL

Gibbs, Kate, Tony and McGee had rolled into Norfolk a little after 8 o'clock to find two dead girls lying on an embankment. Kate, Tony and McGee went to scene as Gibbs got witnesses statements. Now they're piecing it together. Tony was lying on his bed in his room looking at the ceiling wondering why Sam was crying. She used to tell him everything. But maybe someone said something to her that really did shake her up. He couldn't grasp what it could be. His wandered back to his Police Academy graduation.

FLASHBACK
May 10 1990

Philadelphia had over 200 Police graduates. Anthony Dinozzo one of them. Early that morning he had gotten up in his 2 bedroom apartment and gotten his 1 year old daughter dressed. In that year she had accomplished 2 major things. Her first steps. Her first word which was Dada. And her mother wasn't there for either of them. With brown hair and bluish green eyes. She was a beautiful baby.

"Sammy. Is daddy's girl ready to go see Gramma and Grandpa?" She just raised her tiny hand and at him. This was his routine. Get her ready and put her in the play pen and then get ready and go to the Potter's house.

POTTER RESIDENCE.

Dorothy and Jim were sitting at the kitchen table looking the morning paper wait for their granddaughter. Just after 8 Tony came in carrying a squirming Sam.

"Sammy are you wanting down?" Dorothy asked her grand child. She stepped back as Tony sat Sam on a blanket in the living and watched her grab her stuff. He then turned to Dorothy and hugged her.

"Ok. Graduation is at noon. So I'll see you about 4."

Dorothy smiled at him. "Ok dear. Don't worry she will be ok." He nodded and walked out.

PHILADELPHIA POLICE ACADEMY CENTER

Tony was getting into his suit when one of his buddies Jason Greece came up behind him and slapped him on the back. "Hey Buddy congratulations. We made." He said proudly.

Tony smiled at him and nodded. "That we did. Now we have to endure a year of some Hard ass trainers."

Jason just nodded and straightened his tie. "Alright let's get out there." Tony followed Jason out onto the bleachers they had assigned for the graduates. As he listened to the Captain call names he looked into the audience to see Dorothy and Jim holding Samantha between them pointing to him. He smiled and waved at her. To Jim's left he noticed none other than his Mother. He didn't think she would come. He looked but his dad wasn't there. Which he figured he wouldn't come. Finally his name was called. And he went and got his certificate.

When the ceremony ended he went to find the Potters and his girl. When he got there he took her and swung her around. "Sammy. Daddy did it." He said to her and she giggled. He noticed his mom watching him from where she stood. He nodded to Jim and Dorothy and walked over to her.

"Hi Mom."

She smiled at him. "I see you made it through the grueling process of becoming a cop."

Tony nodded and held onto Sam. Emily looked at Sam in his arms. "Is this her?" Tony nodded.
"She looks like you in the face. She has the Dinozzo smile." Emily said smiling slightly her self.
"Dad at home?" Tony knew where he was but just wanted to know.

"No he went to Boston for some business. I came cause you're my son and I'm proud of you."

Tony nodded. "Well I better get her home for her nap. Thanks for coming mom." She hugged him and then left him. Tony stood watching her.

END FLASHBACK

Tony had fallen asleep remembering that and was woken by the sudden pounding on the door the next morning.

"Dinozzo Get your ass up." Gibbs was barking at him. Tony groaned and rolled over and stretched out. Just then the door stormed open.

"Dinozzo are you up?" Tony looked at Gibbs through blurry eyes.

"Now I am Boss. What's up?"

Gibbs glared at him. "3 more girls on the north side. Hurry up." With that he was gone as fast as he came in. Tony nodded. This case was getting hard. Especially since he could see Sam's face on all these girls. That was hard.

9: AM NORTH SIDE

Tony, Kate and Gibbs rolled up to the crime scene and started processing. Tony was bent over photographing one of the foot prints when he heard yelling from Gibbs. "DINOZZO GET DOWN!!!!"

Tony looked to see gun men shooting but was not fast enough ducking. Next thing he knew his stomach and back felt like someone had set fire to them. When he came to the next time Gibbs was over him screaming for an ambulance.

"Dinozzo you stay with me." Millions of things went through his head. Sam was the first and front thought tho. He needed her now.

"Gibbs." He choked. Gibbs looked at him. "Tell Sammy that I did my best."

Gibbs looked at him and shook his head. "You tell her when you see her later. Ok. You tell her." And with that Tony saw black.

TBC

Sam's Nightmare Pt 5 by Soph
Author's Notes:
Sam meets Kate Ducky Abby and McGee at the hospital.

PT 5

Sam was sitting in her second period Math class listening to the teacher talk about something she still didn't understand. Her mind was wandering all around about her dad and the assignment. He told her he would call her before her first class this morning. But she never heard from him. Which was worrying her. But she wouldn't dare call him cause he might be in a bad case and needed to get done. No she would just let him work. And he will cal whenever.

NORFOLK HOSPITAL

Gibbs Kate and McGee was sitting in waiting room waiting on news on Tony. Gibbs was fiddling with something in his hand. They had given him Tony's personal effects. His watch , wallet and a gold chain with a Birth stone on it and charm on it. He looked closely at the charm. "I love Dad." Gibbs smiled. He had to tell Sam. Gibbs stood up. "I need to make a call." Kate nodded.

Gibbs walked to the nurse's station desk. "Yes sir?" A tall dark haired nurse asked.

Gibbs nodded. "I need to borrow your phone."

She passed the phone over the desk to him. "Just push 9 to get out."

He nodded and dialed the high school number. Tony had put the middle school number on as an emergency number. And when Sam went to High school he switched to High school. After all Sam was his daughter and probably knew where all his important paper's were.

"West side High school. This is Tammy. How may I help you?"

Gibbs looked at his watch. "Yes Ma'am I need to get in touch with Samantha Dinozzo." Gibbs heard the secretary clicking keys. "Sir she is in Math class right now. Is it Important?"

Gibbs was growing impatient. "Listen her father was shot and is in fighting for his life. I think that qualifies as important wouldn't you."

The secretary started scurry about. "Yes Sir. Hold on."

Gibbs growled he hated being put on hold. Next thing he knew the extension was being picked up.

"Hello?" It was Sam. She sounded breathless.

"Sam it's Gibbs. Listen can you get out of your classes?"

Sam was getting concerned. "Yes I can. Is something wrong?" He couldn't tell her this over the phone.

"Something I will tell you when me and Kate pick you up in a while. Be out front of the school. Ok?" Sam was worried.

"Yes sir. I'll be waiting."

Gibbs smiled warily. "K. See ya in a few." Gibbs hung the phone up.

He walked back over to Kate. "Kate. Let's go." Kate got up and followed behind Gibbs to the car.

FEDERAL CAR

Kate was wondering where we were going. "Gibbs where we going?"

Gibbs glared at her. "To pick up a friend of Tony's. Someone who mite just bring him back to us sooner."

Kate wondered. "Gibbs would this have anything to do with that girl that came the other day?"

Gibbs looked at her. "Yes. That girl is Dinozzo's daughter."

Kate's mouth fell open. "Tony has a daughter?"

Gibbs nodded. "He was 18 when she was born."

Kate was adding up the age. "She's 16 wow. She looks a little like him. Where's her mother?"

Gibbs looked out at the road. "Died a few days after Sam was born. Listen I need to go in and tell her this."

Kate nodded. Kate seen the girl with just below the shoulder length brown hair standing out in front of a jeep Cherokee.

"Hey Gibbs. Is dad ok?" Sam looked to Kate and nodded her head. She seen the worry behind Gibbs eyes.

"Sam your dad was shot this morning. He is in Surgery now. We haven't heard anything." Gibbs told her point blank

Sam felt like someone hit her square in the gut.

"Dad w was shot? Oh my god." She through her hand over her mouth.

Gibbs looked at the girl while she tried to swallow the sobs. "Oh my god. Um can I come with you to see him. Please?"

Gibbs looked to Kate who smiled at him. "Sam I wouldn't have drove all the way here to tell you and leave you wondering. Let's go get everything cleared with the principle." Sam nodded and followed behind him inside her school.

BACK AT THE HOSPITAL

Kate, Gibbs and Samantha walked in an hour and half later. Ducky and McGee was sitting in some hard chairs on the fall waiting room wall. Kate walked over and sat down beside Ducky.

"Any word?" Gibbs asked.

Ducky shook his head and looked at the girl. "Jethro who is the lovely lady behind you?"

Gibbs turned to see a pale Sam looking at the floor trying to hold herself together.

"Ducky this is Sam Dinozzo. Sammy this is Doctor Mallard. And Special Agent Timothy McGee."

Ducky smiled at the girl. "Mind me asking young lady are you young Anthony's Sister?"

Sam was taken aback by the question. "Uh no sir. Tony is my dad."

Ducky and McGee were surprised. "Well Tony never mentioned any kids."

Sam nodded. "Um he asked you guys to come to a play?" Ducky McGee and Kate all nodded.

Sam nodded and continued. "That would be my school play. Romeo and Juliet. I'm Juliet."

Ducky was intrigued. "My My. Ain't that exciting. When is it?"

Sam swallowed. "Next week. I may not be in it tho." Ducky nodded.

Just then the elevator dinged and in walked Abby. "Gibbs how is he?" She walked over to the group.

Gibbs looked at her and shook his head. "Still in surgery."

Abby finally seen the girl sitting on the other side of Kate shaking. "Hello." Sam nodded at her. "Abby this is Sam. Tony's daughter."

Abby smiled. "Tony has mentioned your name. Glad to see your face." Sam smiled. At least he talked about her.

Abby sat down on the other side of her. "He'll make it. He's stronger than we give him credit for." Sam smiled weakly.

Just then the DO NOT ENTER doors opened. "Is there family for Anthony Dinozzo." Everyone braced themselves.

TBC

Sam's Nightmare pt 6 by Soph
Author's Notes:
A little gambling. But who wins. And Sam sees Tony in the hospital

PT 6

The doctor looked at all the faces anticipating the worse case scenario. "Mr Dinozzo is stable. He sustained damage to his ribs. Some are fractured some are bruised. One was not repairable. So we just took it out. The next 48 hours are critical. If he makes it through these hours he should make a relatively good recovery."

Everyone sucked in breaths. But still knew Tony may not make it. Sam stood rigid beside Abby. "Um when can we see him?" Gibbs was the one to ask.

"He should be in a regular room in a couple hours. I wanna watch his blood pressure and oxygen levels. Is his Daughter here. He was real adamant about seeing her before surgery but we didn't have time."

Sam stood forward. "I'm his daughter."

The doctor nodded. "Ok well family is only allowed in. So the rest of you will have to wait til tomorrow."

Everyone was startled when Sam spoke again. ‘Doctor. With all due respect. This is his family. So they have every right to come back with me as the next person."

The doctor nodded. "Alright I will have a nurse come get you when you can see him." They all nodded.

Sam stood back and almost collapsed on the floor.

"Whoa Sam you ok?" It was Kate who asked her.

"Yeah fine just never ate Breakfast."

Gibbs looked at her worried. "Did you check your blood sugar?" The rest of the group looked at them.

"No. I was gonna do it after my second class. But we were coming here. I guess I just forgot."

Gibbs picked her bag up and handed her testing kit. "Here do it."

Gibbs looked to see them looking at each other confused. "She's diabetic. Been that way since she was born."

Ducky walked over. "Do you need help giving the shot?"

She shook her head. "No sir. I can give myself the shot. Just gotta see what my blood sugar is. Probably high."
Abby looked at them. "I say 250. Kate?"

Kate smiled. " 300. McGee?"

He looked at them. "450. Ducky you care to guess?"

Ducky smiled. "350. What about you Gibbs."

Gibbs smirked. "Alright let's see 375." Sam smirked. When the machine beeped she looked at the read out.

"505. Dang." Everyone looked at her gaping.

Kate finally spoke up. "How does it get so high?"

Sam just shrugged. "Stress me not eating much of anything this morning. I knew it was high this morning cause I was more tired than usually."

Abby sat down on the seat beside the girl. "So what do you do when it gets high?"

Sam pulled a little baggy out of the bag and got out her insulin and a needle. "If you want wipe the top of the bottle off with a alcohol swab for me." Abby helped her out.

When everything was done Sam took the needle and pulled her shirt just high enough so she could wipe the swab over her skin. Everyone watched as she expertly poked the Needle into her stomach. McGee went green on them.

"McGee do not pass out on us." Gibbs ordered him.

"Yes sir. It's just that I don't like needles."

Sam smirked. "Neither do I Agent McGee but I still have to use them." McGee smiled.

Ducky looked at the girl. "Does the kids at school tease you?"

Sam looked at the older man. "No Sir Doctor Mallard." She was just about to go on when

Ducky touched her arm. "Sam please call me Ducky. Tony does and your apart of Tony."

Sam smiled at him. "Ok. Ducky. I don't get teased that much. I have a friend Gail she keeps me from getting teased a lot."

Kate smiled "She got your back,."

Sam nodded. "And front and sides. She tells the guys if they tease me. Well let's just say they won't be having any kids." Kate and Abby burst out laughing.

Just then a nurse came out. "Dinozzo family?" They all stood. "Oh I'm sorry. But only 2 can go back at a time." Kate Abby McGee and Ducky all stood back. "You 2 go Jethro. She needs to see him. And she needs you beside her." Ducky told him

Gibbs nodded. "Ok follow me." The nurse told Gibbs and Sam.


TONY'S ICU ROOM

Sam followed the nurse to a door that had a figure laying on the bed with tubes coming out of him. She looked closely and seen the figure was her father. Sam sucked in her breath. She had never seen him so pale. Maybe once or twice when he was sick. But not with a ventilator on him. The nurse sensed her uneasiness.

"Come on let me tell you what some of the machines are. Maybe they won't be so scary." Sam nodded.

Sam glanced back at Gibbs who nodded with her. She startled him when she took hold of his right hand. As they went in they could hear the whoosh of the respirator.

"First off let me tell you I am his nurse for the next 6 hours and my name is Nancy. He has been keeping us guessing since he came in. The machine in his mouth is to help him breath. Blood pressure cuff is taking his Blood pressure. And the instrument on his Right Forefinger is taking his pulse every few minutes. The pads on his chest is helping us keep track of his heart rate. He is on some heavy pain medication so he can't feel anything. He mite be able to hear you. But I don't know. You can stay for about 30 minutes. I'll be out at the nurse's desk." With that she moved away.

Sam took in the site again. Her dad was stronger than this. She swallowed her fear and walked over to the bed. She pulled the chair up beside his bed.

"Daddy it's me. I just want you to know we're all here. Kate, Doctor Mallard. McGee I know you call him Probie. But anyway I ain't calling him that. He's here and Abby. And even Gibbs."

Gibbs smiled. He looked up to see the Heart monitor beeping on them a little steadier. "Sammy?" Sam looked up at Gibbs. "I think he hears you."

She smiled. "I knew he would. We have a connection that goes a little deeper than Father and Daughter. We're friends." She held his hand and squeezed it. "Daddy I'll be here when you're ready to open those eyes. I ain't leaving." With that she kissed his forehead.

TBC

Sam's Nightmare pt 7 by Soph
Author's Notes:
Sam plays the part of Juliet. And the whole team excluding Tony watches

PT 7

Friday night came and at 5 o'clock Gibbs leaned over toward Sam. ‘Hey shouldn't you be going to school for the play?"

Sam shook her head "No. I'm not going. My under study can do the play for me."

Gibbs nodded and looked to see Kate and Abby nodding at him. "Sam. Do you think your dad would want you to give up the play to sit here and worry until you can see him the next visiting hour?"

Sam looked at him. He could see the torment in her eyes. "I don't think he would. I think if he was sitting here he would tell you to go do your best."

Sam looked at him with tear glisten eyes. "I don't wanna miss if he wakes up."

Gibbs nodded. "Doctor said he would probably be out until later tonight. Why not go and do this. Do something he would be proud of."

Sam nodded. "Ok I'll go. Um did someone bring my car?"

Gibbs nodded. "Yeah Kate and Ducky went and got it for you."

Sam nodded. "Gibbs?"

Gibbs looked at her. "He's lucky."

Gibbs looked at her confused. "How?"

Sam smiled. "Cause he may not tell you. But he respects you as a boss and as a...." She looked towards the people watching their conversation. "Friend." She knew Gibbs knew what she meant.

He just smiled at her. "He's also lucky. Cause he has a daughter that is always watching out for him."

Sam smiled weakly. "K. Let me go and get to dress rehearsal. Gibbs if he wakes up. Tell him I love him. And that I know he did his best." Gibbs nodded.

HIGH SCHOOL AUDITORIUM

Gail was sitting at her assigned make up table putting on eye shadow when she saw Sam walk in. "Sammy!!!!" She jumped up and ran over to her.

"Hey Gail. What did I miss yesterday and today." No one at school knew Tony had been shot. Gail looked at Sam worried. "Sammy what happened yesterday. The teacher just told us you went home. But you seemed fine."

Sam nodded. "My dad was shot yesterday early morning. He is in Norfolk in CCU."

Gail gasped. "Oh Sammy. I'm sorry." Sam nodded and looked down at her hands. "Um Todd is waiting for you." Sam nodded and headed for the back to find Todd. Gail watched her friend leave.

NORFOLK HOSPITAL.

Gibbs looked at his watch and got up. "Kate."

Kate walked over to him. "What is it?"

He looked at the desk. "I'm gonna go and watch Sam's play. Wanna come?"

Kate smiled. "I sure would. That girl needs all the support she can get. Let's see if Abby and Ducky want to come."

Abby and Ducky were already standing when they walked over. "I over heard. I would love to go. Sam seems cool. I can see her as Tony's daughter."

Kate smiled. "Let's go. I'll go give the nurse our numbers in case something happens."

Gibbs shook his head. "She has Sam and my cell numbers. Let her know we will be back around 10." Kate nodded and left. When Kate returned they all left.


HIGH SCHOOL AUDITORIUM

Gibbs found seats in the middle of the rows. Abby sat down and pulled out something from her pocket.

"Abs what is that."

Abby smiled. "It's a camcorder. I grabbed out from my house this morning. Figured when Tony wakes up and is able to watch tv. He should see his daughter as Juliet."

Kate smiled. "Sweet Abby. I'm sure Tony will appreciate it." Gibbs nodded. Just then the lights dimmed and the spot lights came on and what looked like a director came on stage. "Welcome everyone to DC Highschool Rendition of Romeo and Juliet. Romeo is portrayed by Davis Blarington." Every clapped and you could tell the Blarington family. Gibbs looked at the boy who was Sam's opposite in the play.

He leaned over towards Ducky, "They look well paired to me." Ducky nodded.

Then the Director came back up. "And our own Juliet is portrayed by Samantha Dinozzo." Abby smiled while taping the whole thing. Everyone clapped again.

"Alright sit back and relax and enjoy." With that the curtain closed. Gibbs had never sat through a school play. But this one was moving.

TWO HOURS LATER

The play had been done and Sam and the rest of the cast was bowing on the stage. When the lights came on Gibbs, Kate, Abby and Ducky stood and walked out into the school hall.

"Jethro that girl has some real talent." Gibbs nodded his agreement. "It ain't everyday someone can pull off playing Juliet and make me cry." Gibbs chuckled. Abby walked over put her arm around Ducky's shoulder. Just then the door to the Auditorium opened to let the rest of the cast out. Sam came out and was shocked to see Gibbs and his team there.

"Dad ok?" Sam asked worried etched on her face.

Kate nodded. "No change. We just wanted to come and see this play."

Abby nodded. "Yeah and I even got it all on tape."

Sam looked at her skeptically. "On tape?"

Abby nodded excited. "So your dad will get to see it after all."

Sam smiled. "Thank you."

Ducky walked over and put his arm around the girl. "Ms. Sam. You were incredible up there. I can't believe you portrayed Juliet to that magnitude."

Sam smiled. "Well practice makes semi perfect." She shrugged.

Gibbs stepped up beside Ducky. "Sam. Your dad would be proud. Come on let's get back to the hospital." Everyone filed out of the school hall out to the cars.

Abby walked beside Sam. "I'm riding with Sammy. I wanna see what kinda of music she has."
Sam smiled. "I'll follow you Gibbs." Gibbs nodded and walked to his car.

GIBBS CAR

Gibbs was silent. Ducky finally broke the silence. "How long have you 2 been going out?" Gibbs looked at him shocked.

"How long have you known?" He asked with small smile.

Ducky shrugged. "5 months or so."

Gibbs smiled. "Almost a year." Ducky and Kate smiled.

Kate looked at Gibbs from the back seat. "How long have you known about Sam?"

Gibbs looked at Kate in the rearview mirror. "I met her about a year after Tony came to work for me."

FLASH BACK

Tony was sitting at his desk writing up his report when his desk phone went off. "Dinozzo." "Mr. Dinozzo this is Lt. Barren from the DC Police Department. I'm sorry to inform you but your daughter has been in a car wreck."

Tony gasped. ‘Is she ok?" Tony was finding it hard to breath.

"She is being taken to DC Memorial. I didn't get to see her. But you can see her there."

Tony nodded. "Thank you for calling."

Tony hung up just as Gibbs walked into the bull pen. "Boss I need to go see someone. I won't be long."

Gibbs looked at Dinozzo. He could see the younger Agent was shaking. "Dinozzo are you ok?"
Tony didn't know yet. Part of him was in the hospital. "Not yet sir."

Gibbs stood up. "I'll drive you." Tony nodded.

Tony and Gibbs arrived at the hospital in record time. Tony rushed to the nurse's desk. "I'm looking for Samantha Dinozzo. She was brought in from a car crash."

The nurse flipped through her charts. "Ahh yes. Samantha is in a cat scan right now. Who are you?"

Tony glanced at Gibbs. "I'm her father." Gibbs didn't looked shocked but this is Gibbs tho.

"Ok. I will let the doctor know" The nurse smiled sympathetically towards him.

Tony nodded. He and Gibbs took a seat in the waiting room. Gibbs was looking at his Agent. "Why didn't I know about her?"

Tony shrugged. "Cause the one time I told someone on the force about her. I almost lost her."

Gibbs nodded. "How?"

Tony smiled a little. "I was 18 and my date and me did it." Gibbs looked at him with his warning glare. "Her mother and I were friends. She wanted to go and get back at her boyfriend so we did it." Gibbs nodded. "Nine months later. Samantha was born. My life."

Gibbs didn't wanna venture the guess on where the mom was. "Her mother see her?"

Tony looked at him. "Yeah From heaven." Gibbs looked at him.

Tony explained. "She died a week after Sam was born. Car accident." Gibbs looked at the Agent before him. The guy who skates on in subornation on most days. Who he can whack in the back of the head and never flinches.

Just then a doctor came out. "Are you Sam Dinozzo's dad?" Tony nodded.

The doctor motioned for them to sit down. "Sam is very lucky.. She busted her arm on the door. And she has cuts and bruises on her face and hands. She will have some soreness tomorrow and maybe the day after." Tony nodded. .

The doctor stood. "She should be back in her room. I wanted a C scan just for safety measures."

Tony nodded. The doctor walked away and Tony stared ahead. Gibbs could see the worry on his face. "She is my life Gibbs. If I lose her. You mite as well take my gun and shoot me." Gibbs nodded.

At that moment a nurse came in. "Mr. Dinozzo you can come see your girl now." Tony jumped at the chance.

In a room at the far corner Gibbs seen a girl laying on the bed staring at the ceiling a couple of tears falling down her face. Her right eye was bruised and her right arm was in a sling. Tony walked in and stopped. "Sammy?"

Sam looked at her dad and they both burst into tears.

"Oh Sammy. I was so scared." Sam nodded. This sight touched Gibbs.

"Daddy. I am so tired."

Tony smiled. "Go to sleep. I'll be here when you wake up." Sam smiled.

END FLASHBACK

Gibbs had just finished the story when they approached the hospital. Ducky and Kate were stunned. Gibbs looked at them both.

"She is so talented. She is in her church choir. A church play here in a couple of days. And she also plays some basketball."

Ducky smiled. "I wonder if Tony would take us to her Church let us hear her sing."

Gibbs smiled. ‘I think he would be honored."

TBC

Sam's Nightmare PT 8 by Soph
Author's Notes:
Sam is dealt a bigger blow. Will she tell the truth or hide it.

PT 8

After the play Gibbs went back to the hospital. Visiting hours were up and he went in to see Tony. He sat down beside his bed and took the younger agents hand. "Tony. You gotta wake up." He was so tired. But that didn't matter.

"Sammy did good tonight. She made Ducky cry." He looked at the heart monitor to see the heart rising a little.

"Tony she is good at acting." He squeezed Tony's hand.

"She's so scared. I think if you die she will kill herself." Gibbs had no doubt these 2 lived with one another. They were a like. No doubt in that. Sam was the female version of Tony. Only her heart was softer some times.

"Come back to her and me Tony." With that he kissed his forehead. He headed out of the CCU room. He needed to go and work on his boat.


Saturday came fast. Sam had gone home to get some rest. But rest wasn't coming. Rest was far from her mind. Her dad was in a hospital fighting for his life. Sam had gotten in around midnight Friday. Her dog. Shaq was sitting at her bed looking at her.

"Shaq dad will be home soon." She told the black lab.

They had gotten Shaq when he went to work with NCIS. For her protection. Sam had just gotten out of the shower the following morning when the phone rang.

"Hello?" She was hopeful it was Gibbs calling to tell her that her dad was conscience. But it wasn't

"Sam?"

Sam looked at the phone curiously. "Yes. How can I help you?"

The voice on the other end was scaring her. "Hi. Is your dad home?"

Sam looked around the apartment looking for her clothes. "No Sir. He isn't here right now can I leave a message?" Sam was getting more paranoid.

"Um I just wanted to call and hear your voice."

Sam dropped her bag when he said that. "Um look I don't know who you are. But I gotta go and see somebody." She knew this was creepy.

"Sam. Turn around."

Sam turned around slowly and saw a man standing 3 feet from her. Sam was trying to stifle a scream.

"Shh. Now I'm gonna give you something to relax." Sam was trying to fight but when the needle hit her skin she went out. To complete darkness.

CCU NORFOLK MEMORIAL

Tony's eyes felt heavy. Too heavy. But something else felt heavy his hand. Tony opened his eyes to see Gibbs's head laying on and his left hand clasped his. Tony smiled weakly. Something tasted horrible. He then realized he had a tube in his throat. Tony moved his other hand to rub Gibbs's head. He felt the older man stir.

"Tony?" Tony squeezed his hand.

"Hold on let me get a nurse." Gibbs ran out and came back in a minute later with a nurse in tow.
"Hello Mr. Dinozzo. Hold on and I will get a doctor to take that tube out." The way to perky nurse told him.

Tony nodded. But he kept his eyes on Gibbs. When the doctor took the tube out Tony coughed a few times before he could speak. "Where's my girl?"

Gibbs smiled. "She went home about midnight."

Tony nodded. "She was the last thing I thought of."

Gibbs nodded. "She took you getting shot pretty hard. Well real hard."

Tony nodded "Gibbs I gotta see her."

Gibbs squeezed Tony's hand. "Ok let me go and call her." Tony nodded.

SAM AND TONY'S APARTMENT.

Sam woke to the feeling that she was really tired. She heard a phone ringing and screamed. She rushed to it and snatched it up. "LEAVE ME ALONE."

Gibbs jumped. "Sam. It's Gibbs."

Sam relaxed a little. "I'm sorry."

Gibbs looked around the hall worried. "Sam are you ok?" Sam thought about telling him about the guy. And about the fact that she suspected that he raped her. But fought the urge.

"Yeah just have a headache. Blood sugar is up again."

Gibbs nodded. "Listen can you come to the hospital?"

Sam got worried. "Yeah I'll be there in 30 minutes." Gibbs nodded. When they hung up Sam went to her room and pulled out a extra pair of jeans and a t shirt. With that she left.

Sam arrived at the hospital a little after 10 that morning. She went to the admission desk.

"Can I help you miss?" The receptionist asked her.

"Yes. Um how would I go about getting a rape kit done?"

The woman looked alarmed. "Um do you have some parental support here?"

Sam shook her head. "My dad is up in CCU and his co workers are up there. I don't want to tell them."

The woman nodded. "Ok follow me." Sam did.

30 MINUTES LATER

About 30 minutes later Sam emerged in her spare clothes and went to the elevator. She went to the 4th floor and walked into the waiting area. She found Gibbs and Kate sipping hot coffee. "Hey I'm here."

Gibbs got up and took in the site of the girl. She looked like she went through a hell storm. "We got someone who wants to speak to you." Sam nodded.

"Follow me." Gibbs stated.

Sam followed him to her dad's room. "Go on in." Sam smiled at him and opened the door to see her dad. She walked over and kissed him on the cheek.

"Hey Daddy." Sam sat down on the chair and picked up his hand. But was surprised when it squeezed hers. She looked up to meet his Green eyes. "Daddy?" She asked.

Tony just smiled weakly at her. "Hey." She could tell the respirator had done a number on his throat. "I need some ice." Sam got the cup and took a piece with her fingers and placed it on his tongue. She could tell he winced when he swallowed some of it.

"Hurts to swallow huh?"

He nodded a little. "I did my best." Sam was shocked at that. But couldn't say nothing cause Kate and Gibbs was trying to keep an over excited Abby from knocking over a nurse.

When they came in Abby ran to Tony's bed and hugged him. "I'm so glad you're ok." Sam was still sitting shocked.

"Hey Abs,." Tony winced when she impacted his left side. "Abs. I've got like 19 stitches and a whole lota ribs that are broken." Abby pulled off of him.

Tony realized that Sam was in the room. "Uh."

Sam finally came to her mind. "Relax they know who I am. They know I'm your little sister." Sam smiled at him.

"Funny." He mumbled moving to get comfortable and finally decided to let it be.

"No we know she's your daughter Tony." It was Kate who spoke.

"Sorry guys. But."

Abby waved her hand. "It's fine. You gotta keep her out of the criminal world. We understand." Tony smiled at her.

Abby moved to squat beside Sam. "We like her Tony. She has a little bit of you in her. And she's smarter than me,"

Sam smirked from her seat. "No Abby I don't think I am." Sam told Abby

Gibbs was watching Sam. She looked really tired. The bags under her eyes was speaking volumes. Gibbs moved to the opposite chair. "Sam you take your insulin?"

Sam looked over at him and shrugged. "I can't remember. Everything is running together." Her stomach was lurching and she was fixing to lose her cookies.

"Um excuse me." She ran out of the room and ran straight to a restroom and lost it all. In the room Gibbs looked at Kate and she took the hint. "Let me go check on her."

Tony looked on worried. "She been eating since I've been shot?"

Gibbs looked at him. "I've made her eat."

Tony nodded. "Something else is wrong Gibbs. She's hiding it."

Abby watched Tony become a worried dad. "Tony did Gibbs tell you?" Abby asked

Tony looked to Abby shaking his head. Abby smiled. "We went to the play."

It took Tony a while to figure out what she was talking about and then winced. "I missed it."

Abby nodded. "Yeah but she was good." Tony smiled a little.

LADIES REST ROOM

Sam had just tossed all her cookies into the toilet. She heard the door open. "Sam?"

Sam closed her eyes. "Go away."

Kate walked to the open stall and squatted behind her. "You ok?"

Sam shook her head. "I was."

Kate got concerned. "You were what?"

Sam looked at her and Kate seen the tears running down her cheeks. "Sam what happened?"

Sam threw up again. "I was drugged this morning."

Kate looked at her. "Who drugged you?"

Sam shrugged. "He knew Gibbs. Said something about the morgue." Kate looked at her curiously. The only guy who knew anything about the morgue was Ari.

"Sam did he do anything to you?"

Sam nodded. "What did he do to you?"

Sam looked at her. "Don't tell Dad. I don't want him to be angry at me."

Kate looked at the girl shocked. "Sam. I don't think he would be angry." Sam nodded. "So what did he do to you?"

Sam closed her eyes. "He R raped me."

Kate pulled the girl to her as sobs racked the girls body. This girl was in for the fight of her life. And Kate was sure that Tony would want to know.

TBC

Sam's Nightmare pt 9 by Soph
Author's Notes:
Sam tells what happened to her to Tony and Gibbs. And tony reminices about old days.

PT 9

Kate re entered Tony's room and found Gibbs and Tony talking to each other. "Gibbs?" Gibbs looked up and seen Kate motion for him outside.

Tony noticed to and shook his head. "No. Dammit if Sam is in trouble someone tell me." Tony rasped and regretted it cause his whole body felt like someone stabbed him again.

Gibbs nodded to Kate spoke in almost whispered tones.. "Sam was drugged this morning. Just before she came here."

Tony looked at her worried. "Does she know who drugged her?"

Kate shook her head. "But there's more." Gibbs looked at her.

"More?" It was Tony who voiced the question. "Kate for the love of god tell me what's going on with my Daughter." Tony was beyond angry he was getting worried and furious.

Gibbs stepped up to the bed. "Tony calm down. We don't want you to have a relapse and have to go back on the ventilator." Tony nodded. "Kate where's Sam now?" It was Gibbs who asked.

"She's out in the hall getting herself together." Gibbs nodded. "Want me to bring her in." Gibbs nodded.

Kate walked out and brought in a tear stained faced Sam back in who was visibly shaking.

"Sam. You ok?"

Sam shook her head. "No. My stomach feels like someone running a train through it."

Gibbs nodded. "What happened this morning." Tony watched his daughter. His life. "Sammy." Sam looked to Tony and he saw the Fear Dread Anger. And vulnerability in her face.

"Um I got up at around 5 this morning let the dog out and took a shower. Was getting out and the phone rang. I picked it up and someone asked for Dad. I told him he wasn't home. Then he said something about hearing my voice." At that Tony tensed. Sam watched Gibbs and Tony. "I told him I didn't know who he was and that I had to be somewhere. I was almost to the door when he said something about turning around. I did and."

Sam was almost in hysterics falling to her knees in sobs. Gibbs and Kate walked instinctively to her.

"Tell em Sam." Kate coached her.

Gibbs looked to the 2 women. ‘Tell us what. Sam what happened when you turned around."

Sam closed her eyes. "He was there. Telling me that he knew about some Morgue incident."

Gibbs took a glance at Kate who nodded. "Sam when did he drug you?"

Sam pulled at her bag shaking. "I need to do something."

Kate looked at Gibbs. "Sam the feeling in your stomach. It ain't you needing to take your insulin." Tony watched from the bed. His daughter was scared and he was in the bed fighting to stay awake. "Gibbs?"

Gibbs got up and walked over to Tony. "Can you get her over here. Let me see what I can do."

Gibbs nodded. "Sam let's get you seated in the chair over there." Sam got up shaking and sat down with a sigh. She jumped slightly when a cold hand grasped her arm. She looked to see Tony holding out his hand. She closed her eyes and the tears fell. "He came at me and next thing I knew he was shoving a needle in my arm."

Gibbs nodded. "When did you wake up from the drug."

Sam looked at him. "The phone jarred me from the drug I guess. That or the dog barking at me and licking me in the face." Tony smirked. Kate was looking at the interaction between Sam and Tony. Tony was just there for comfort not to question her. Gibbs looked at Kate. She nodded.

"Sam tell me what you suspect happened." Gibbs told her quietly.

Sam took a shaky breath. "I suspect he took advantage of the fact that I was not conscience."

Gibbs nodded. "So you think he went farther."

Sam nodded. "He mite have a bite mark on his ankle."

Kate looked at her confused. "You try biting him?" Sam shook her head. "Dog. Shaq is a big baby at heart but um if someone tries hurting me she gets protective."

Kate nodded. "I'll go by and check her teeth."

Gibbs didn't wanna have to tell the girl this. "Sam we're gonna have to do a rape kit on you."

Sam shook her head. "No you won't."

Gibbs Tony and Kate all looked at her curious. "Sam but we need to find out."

Sam smiled. "Go down to admissions and ask for Grace." Gibbs looked at the girl. "That's why i was running behind on time coming on up. I stopped and got it done. It's conclusive." Kate sucked in a breath.

"Now that i've shattered your world Daddy i am going to go and try to find out if Shaq bit him." With that Sam got up. But was stopped when a hand grabbed her.

"You didn't shatter my world. My world would be shattered if Kate had came in and told me you were dead." Tony said in a hoarse voice.

Sam smiled a little. "Daddy i'm sorry." Sam burst into more tears.

Tony pulled her closer and she came down on him sobbing. A nurse came in a few minutes later with a needle.

Gibbs and Kate intercepted her. "Give em a minute,." The nurse looked at the father and Daughter.

Gibbs turned to Kate. "Go down stairs and get the rape kit. Take it to Abby. We should have some of Ari's blood on hand." Kate nodded and went to the lobby. Gibbs turned back to the teenager laying over Tony's chest crying.

Gibbs walked in and locked eyes with Tony. The agent had tears in his own eyes. "Sammy. Do me a favor?" Sam pulled up and looked at her dad. "Go and eat something. If you throw it up it's ok. Just eat something. If nothing else drink some milk." Sam nodded and walked out of the room.

"So how bad do you wanna shoot Ari?"

Tony laughed a little. "I wanna kill the Bastard."

Gibbs nodded. "Rough morning."

Tony nodded. "Gibbs this ain't the first time that Sam has been threatened."

Gibbs looked at Tony curiously. "Oh?" Tony nodded.

FLASH BACK
BOSTON PD HOMICIDE DIVISION
MAR-20-1995

Tony was at his homicide desk talking with his partner about a case. Dick Harvey was a veteran homicide detective who took a liking to Anthony Dinozzo. Dick and Tony had drinks once or twice a week. Dick had went to Tony's apartment and met his 6 year old daughter Sam. If cases went to long Dick would call his wife Angela and she would go and relieve the baby sitter. The current case was taking it's toll on them. Dick finally had gotten a lead. And now they were writing out their 5's "Tony what are you and Sam doing tomorrow night?"

Tony looked across to him. "Not much. She's got a doctors appointment tomorrow afternoon. Why?"

Dick just shrugged. "Angela wants me to go to this family dinner. She told me to invite you."

Tony smirked. "Let me guess there is single ladies there."

Dick laughed heartedly. "You know it. So what do you say?"

Tony shook his head. "Nah i'll pass. I'm not gonna audition step mothers for Sam in my bedroom while she sleeps."

Dick nodded. "Angela told me to tell you to bring Sam,. It's her parents. Angela and her were shopping and they ran into them."

Tony looked up and smiled. "The old Dinozzo charm seeped through huh?"

Dick nodded. "They wanna get to know her."

Tony nodded. "Let me ask her how she feels tomorrow."

Just then his phone rang. "Det Dinozzo." Tony was startled by the voice.

"Well detective Dinozzo. How's it going?"

The caller asked. Tony swallowed hard. "It's going. What do you want Gibson?" Tony was written on a piece of paper. "TRACE THIS CALL." To Dick,.

"I wanna know. What price would you pay for that precious child to be safe,"

Tony sat stark still. "How do you know my kid Gibson."

He heard soft laughter. "Cause she is sitting here next to me."

Tony nearly collapsed onto the desk when he heard that. "Put her on the phone." He told him in a deadly tone. He could tel the phone was being exchanged. "Daddy?"

Tony's heart broke. That was fear in his child's voice. "Sammy. Listen to me. Do whatever he tells you. Ok?"

He could hear her crying softly. "Ok. Daddy i'm scared."

Tony nodded. "I know Baby doll. Just do what he says." When he said that every bone in his body went rigid with Anger. "Put the man back on the phone honey." Dick was listening to the exchange while getting the cordinents. "Well Detective Dinozzo you ready to tell me the price you're willing to pay for her?"

Tony knew this was bait. "You know i will die for her." Tony told him in a matter of fact tone.

He could hear a chilly laugh. "Well let's just hope she is alive when you die." With that the phone went dead. Tony placed his phone on the cradle and looked to Dick.

"He's at the old amusement park on Treasure str."

Tony snatched his jacket off the back of his chair. "Let's go." Dick was right behind him,.

AMUSEMENT PARK

Dick parked the un marked car at the entrance and sent the uniforms around back. "Let's go." Tony held his gun up in front of him. He could hear Gibson talking.



"GIBSON?" He shouted. The park went dangerously quiet. "GIBSON WE KNOW YOU'RE HERE." Dick shouted out.

"Oh yeah. Well turn around." They turned around and all took sharp breaths.

"Well Detective Dinozzo. Looks like one of us will have to surrender." Gibson said in a menacing voice.

Tony looked at the guy holding his daughter at gun point. "Gibson. This is between you and me. Let her go." Tony was keeping his tone calm. But his insides were a wreck.

"Why. She's part of you." Gibson said with a smile.

"She didn't do nothing. Gibson let her go." Dick told him. Gibson just laughed.

Meanwhile Tony and Sam were looking at each other. "Alright Dinozzo. It's her and you."

Tony smiled. "Nah. It's either you go to jail or die. Choice is yours." Gibson shook his head and pointed his gun into Sam's side. But another gun shot came off first. Gibson dropped beside Sam.

Sam ran as fast as her little legs were take her to Tony. "DADDY."

Tony squatted and grabbed her. "It's ok. He ain't gonna hurt you,." Tony held onto his child for dear life.

END FLASH BACK

Gibbs shook his head. "She's got your talent for getting into rough patches." Tony nodded. But he had to give in to the emotions and started crying. "God Gibbs Ari could have killed her."

Gibbs nodded and grabbed a hold of Tony's hand. "But he didn't. But we gotten get him before he tried to get her again." Tony nodded. Gibbs knew that Tony was slowly losing his battle with the unshed tears. "Let it out Tony." Tony held tightly to Gibbs's hand. And let it all out.

OUTSIDE IN HALL

Kate watched the fondness between Gibbs and Tony. She now knew why Gibbs was so protective over Tony sometime. It wasn't about him being a team member. It was cause they were Lovers.

TBC

Sam's Nightmare pt 10 by Soph
Author's Notes:
Tony gets a visit from his co workers and they watch some theater.

PT 10

2 DAYS LATER NORFOLK MEMORIAL PRIVATE ROOM

Tony had been moved to a room of his own that morning Gibbs had came by already. Yesterday was Sam's church play and yet he missed it. But she had told him that she quit that play. He would ask Gibbs.

Just then a hyper Abby came in along with a subdued Sam and Kate following her.

"Hey girls. What's going on." Tony asked. Abby bounced onto his bed and Tony winced in pain.

"Abby be careful." Kate admonished. Tony waved her off. Sam took the seat in the corner and watched with interest. Just then Gibbs Ducky and McGee walked in carrying coffee.

"Ok Abby we're all here. What's the big deal." Gibbs asked sitting down in the chair next to the bed. Ducky and McGee and Kate took the couch.

"Here in this box I have a tape." Abby said proudly.

"Abby is that security tape?" McGee asked.

Abby nodded a little. "Well yeah. But let's play it." Abby pushed play and squeezed in beside Sam in the chair.

Sam moved over and watched the tape. "Welcome everyone to DC High school." Everyone clapped.

Kate looked at Abby. "Abby when did you go to Highschool in DC." Abby nudged Sam and smirked at Kate. None of this went un noticed between the 4 men. "Sit back and relax and watch as we un fold the tragic love story of Romeo and Juliet. Let me introduce the main stars of this production. Romeo Davis Blarington." Sam shook her head. She tried looking at the screen but tears were blurring her vision. "And our Juliet. Samantha Dinozzo." Kate Gibbs McGee and Ducky all looked over at Abby. "Well guys I told you I video taped it. Figured someone had to show Tony the performance that was marvelously done by his own flesh and blood."

Sam rolled her eyes. "I messed up about every other line."

Ducky shook his head. "No you didn't"

Gibbs cleared his throat. "Well let's watch it and see."

Tony sat up straighter. "Abby hand me the remote." Abby reluctantly handed the remote over to him. "Alright let's watch. I wanna see this production." Sam smiled weakly at the excitement in Tony's voice. Tony pushed play and everyone watched. At the end of the performance the director came back on. "Ladies and Gentlemen. We have a very special performance by Juliet. Please welcome again Samantha Dinozzo." Kate and Abby both started laughing. Sam had sang a rendition of troubled love. Which made Ducky cry at the school. But Sam hit every note very well. When the screen went blank Abby stood up and pushed Pause. Ducky was drying his eyes.

"Well Tony what did you think." Abby asked him still standing.

Tony looked over at a embarrassed Sam. "I think you are meaner than Gibbs." Everyone looked at him surprised. "I thought I had missed the most important play of my daughter's life. And you filmed it and let me feel that way." Tony said glaring at Abby.

"Well just for that I won't show you the next thing on the tape." Abby said feigning hurt. Any words were halted when Sam got up and walked over to the bed and looked down at him.

"Did you think I was mad that you missed the play?" Sam asked shocked evident in her voice. Tony moved over and patted the bed.

"Yeah." He said in an innocent voice.

"Daddy. Why would you ever think that. I knew where you were." Sam said to him.

Tony looked down ashamed. "Cause I knew you worked hard on that play."

Sam nodded. "And I also worked hard on that song. But it didn't matter much when I found out you were in here fighting for your life."

Tony smirked. "Gibbs is right you know."

Sam looked at Tony dead in the eye. "From the way you talk. He's always right. But what about?"

Tony pulled her to him. "I have the best daughter there is." He said with emotion in his voice.

Sam smiled against his chest. "Well I'm glad your my dad." Sam pulled away and noticed that everyone was watching them.

"Um Abby what else is on the tape." Tony asked. Him and Sam both were drying their eyes.

Abby smiled. "Just have to watch and see." Abby smirked and pushed play.

Sam was about to get up when Tony squeezed her hand. "Stay." It was one simple request. She nodded and laid back down. Tony could tell she hadn't slept since the rape. He also knew her blood sugar was doing somersaults on her. But he just wanted her near him right now. He needed his girl. "Ladies and Gentleman. First Baptist church of Washington is proud to present the Holy Lamb. Sit back and relax. Miss Simpson if you please." Tony looked down at Sam. "Why did you record this Abby?"

Abby smiled. "Just watch." With that Tony nodded.

No one had seen this and Sam smiled secretly. Yeah she had lied to her dad but it was for a good reason. Everyone watched as Sam's pastor walked across the stage and then a girl came up. Kate and Gibbs looked closely.

"Is that Sam?" Kate asked.

Sam reached over and took the remote from Abby. "How did you film this without me seeing you?" She asked from where she laid on Tony's bed next to him.

Abby smiled. "I walked in. Sat in the back and no one noticed."

Sam nodded. "Well I hope you don't mind me skipping this next part cause the actress Sucketh." Sam said in a sarcastic tone.

Tony snatched the remote from her. "I like to watch all plays from start to finish. No fast forwarding." With that he pushed play.

Sam was sitting on a stool and played her part. Sam hoped no one noticed the circles under her eyes. Everyone had asked her what was wrong. When Sam went off the screen.

Sam reached over and took the remote. "Unless you guys wanna see all my friends from Church I will fast forward to the end." Everyone nodded.

At the end Sam and the rest of the cast came on and sang a song and then walked out into the audience. What Sam hadn't told any of them was the voice they were hearing off stage singing was her own voice. Pre recorded on a tape.

When the tape went blank Kate was the first to speak. "Who ever sang,. Was excellent at singing." She said wiping tears from her eyes. Sam smiled to her self.

"That actually was a tape." Sam stated pushing rewind on the remote."

Kate nodded. "Was it someone from the church?" Kate wanted to know. Gibbs could see Sam smile.

"Yeah." Sam said. "It was actually me."

Kate looked at her surprised. "That was your voice."

Sam nodded. "The first rehearsal i sang em all and they taped it." Sam said smiling at her.

"Sam I gotta ask. How long did you guys rehearse that play?" Ducky asked from his seat on the couch.

"Oh about 2 months. For a month we just did rehearsals on Monday nights. Then we went to 2 nights a week." Everyone smiled.

It was Tony who spoke. "Well my opinion is biased. But both plays were superb." Sam smiled gratefully at him.

Gibbs cleared his throat and handed Sam a paper. "What's this the comic section?" Sam asked and everyone laughed.

"No. Read it." Gibbs said with a light smile.

Sam cleared her throat. "Last night DC High put on the famous yearly rendition of Romeo and Juliet. Now I have seen better Romeo's but Juliet was played with such grace and dignity. Almost as if the actress was going through a tragic loss herself. I give this play 5 stars." Sam smiled a little.

"Well I only have one thing to say to that." She said as straight face as she could.

She looked at Gibbs, "Who did you threaten at the newspaper to get them to write that?" She asked with a smile.

Everyone burst out laughing. Tony sat back and watched his daughter. Yeah the road ahead would be rough but he was glad she was laughing now. It made his heart brighten,.

TBC

Sam's Nightmare pt 11 by Soph
Author's Notes:
Tony goes home. But it ain't all good times for the crew tho.

PT 11

Tony was in his room 3 days after the gang had watched Sam's performance. He couldn't believe how well they took to Sam.

He was pulled from his thoughts when he seen Gibbs walk in grimed faced. "Ooo I don't like this. Sam ok?" Tony asked him concerned.

Gibbs nodded. "Yeah she's fine. She's at school. Said she needed to get back to school. But she would drop by and make sure all the nurses aren't passed out from your charm." Tony smiled his daughter knew him.

"She sleeping ok?" Tony asked. He seen Gibbs looked at him.

"I ain't gonna lie to you Tony." Gibbs said. "She's not looking like it."

Tony nodded his head. "Just make sure she eats something. Takes insulin and all. That's all I got." Tony said. Gibbs could see the fatherly concern behind Tony's eyes. He never let Tony know this but he watched him and Sam. They were inseparable. Tony always bragged to Gibbs about her school achievements. And he knew Tony was looking forward to that school play. But he knew Abby filming it was better. Cause he could see the emotion on Sam's face when she watched the other cast members react to her performance. And she could see everyone in the room reaction to. He thought about telling Tony about his discovery when he followed Sam home last night.

"Tony. Listen I need to ask a question. Does Sam have a cell phone?" Gibbs asked. He didn't want to step on Tony's toes about Sam.

"Yeah. She has one. She uses it in case of a emergency. I got it for her when she turned 13. Told her when I go on cases I want her to have it on her cause of me getting in odd hours. Why?" Tony asked concerned.

"Maybe just call her on it not use the house phone." Gibbs suggested.

"Why? Gibbs is something wrong?" Tony asked more worried.

"Last night your house phone rang and she jumped and Tony her face showed she was scared. She answered it shaking so badly I thought she was gonna drop it." Gibbs told him shaking off the memory of the pale face he saw.

Tony nodded. "I figured this would happen. There is one thing. Sammy can hold a lot of stuff in. She will not let this get to her. Cause she thinks if she does she lets me down. I have told her it doesn't matter. That I love her no matter what.' Tony explained. "I'll call the phone company and have them disconnect the phone. No one uses it except my mother and frankly I don't wanna talk to her much any ways. And telemarketer."

Gibbs nodded. "I think you better see if you can talk to her. " Gibbs suggested.

Right at that time a doctor walked in. "Mr Dinozzo. How would you like to leave today?" The doctor asked.

Tony smiled. "I would love to. No offense but this bed is rougher than a rock." Tony said smiling,.

The doctor smiled. "OK well let me get your discharge papers. I want you to take it easy your ribs are still healing. Do your breathing exercises." The doctor told him.

"I have a daughter to keep me in line. She'll make me do em." Tony told him smiling.

"Ok. Give me a few minutes and I will be back with discharge papers." Doctor said walking out.

Tony looked at Gibbs smiling. "I can surprise my girl." Tony told him smiling. Gibbs bit back the urge to mention the skitishness that Sam had been going through.

"Um let's not scare her. Tony she was just assaulted in her own home. You think you surprising her is a good idea?" Gibbs reasoned.

Tony nodded. "My mistake." Tony said,

3:30 PM TONY AND SAM'S APARTMENT.

Sam dreaded going home. It was empty and it was where that creep did that to her. Sam walked up the flight of stares that lead to the apartment. She walked over to the apartment door and stuck her key in. She walked in to find Kate and Abby along with Gibbs sitting in the living room talking.

"Hi." She said confused.

Kate smiled at her. "Hi Sam. There's soup in the kitchen if your hungry." Kate told her.

Sam nodded. "Thanks. Um I'm gonna go and get Shaq and take her for a walk." Sam said and had almost made it to the kitchen door when the phone rang. She cringed. And all memories flooded her mind. She didn't see Tony standing in the kitchen rinsing out his bowl. She just ran right to the trash can and threw up what was left over from her lunch. She stayed there for a while. Until she felt a hand on her back,

"No not again. Not my nightmare coming true." She cried onto her arm.

"It's not a nightmare." Tony said softly.

She jumped slightly and turned in his arms. "What are you doing here?" She asked surprised.

"The doctor kicked me out. Nurses were complaining." Tony told her smiling. But he saw the tear stains on her cheek. "Sammy. You ok?" Tony asked her worried.

Sam nodded and stood shakingly to her feet. She rinsed her mouth out with water and spat it out into the sink. "Yeah. Just sore. Gym class was rough. I fell on my ankle. Twisted it." She said.

Tony could see the darkness behind all the excuses. He was a trained agent. He could read any criminal. But his daughter going through her own turmoil and he couldn't tell when she was not sleeping. Hell she was probably sick most everyday she came home. He would be. "Sammy come on. Talk to me." Tony said to her as she walked past him into the living room.

"Dad I told you I'm fine. Look I got a ton of homework." Sam told him standing in front of the couch.

"Sam. You were just in there throwing up. So I don't think you're all that fine." Tony told her.

Sam nodded. "Ok you want me to talk. Ok let me see oh well there is the fact that I dread coming back here since Saturday morning. Or that fact that I wake up if I fall asleep every morning at about 6 in the morning. Or there's the fact that since the paper report my "alleged" rape everyone at school looks at me like I did the football quarterback. Pick a topic." Sam said through tears.

Tony swallowed his emotions. Gibbs was right Sam was having a hard time.

He walked over to her but was surprised when Abby got to her first.

"Sammy. God Sammy why keep it bottled up?" Abby asked her. Abby was guiding her towards the couch. Sam almost had a fit.

"No not the couch. Anywhere but there." She said in a weak sob. Abby looked at Tony and then to Gibbs.

"Sam. Is that where you woke up?" Kate asked gently.

"Yes. I need to get out of here. I'm gonna go and walk Shaq." Sam said walking back into the kitchen and grabbing a leash. When she came back through Gibbs stood up.

"Sam you might wanna stay here for a while. I heard you say you twisted your ankle. Walking on it will be hard." Gibbs said gently.

Sam shrugged. "No more harder than sitting in this apartment." She said walked out the door.

Gibbs looked to Tony and he could see the tension and worry in him. But Tony startled him when he got up and walk to the kitchen and snatched the paper off the table.

"Tony what are you doing." Kate asked him confused.

Tony glared at her. "Reading the paper." Tony said matter of fact.

Kate shook her head confused. "Your daughter is out there hurting and your just gonna read the paper. Tony how much more insensitive can you get." Kate asked and got up.

Gibbs grabbed her arm and drug her behind Tony's chair. It wasn't until then she saw he was that looking at the classifieds.

"It's the Classifieds Kate. Tony is looking for another place to live." Gibbs told her.

Kate shrunk back. "Oh. But who's gonna go get Sam?" She asked.

Tony shook his head. "No one. She needs time to deal. Sam's like this. If anyone tries to talk to her now she will clam up. And if she does that she will get depressed. And then she will more or less stop eating. And the last time that happened I had to take her to the ER." Tony said from behind the paper.

Gibbs looked at him. "She got a history of Depression?" Gibbs asked.

Tony nodded. "Yeah. Doc put her on medicine and she takes it. But." Tony didn't have to state the obvious.

"Something like this will make it worse. Medicine won't help. Gotcha." It was Abby who spoke and surprised them.

"Tony until you find a place would it be ok if Sam stayed with me?" Kate asked hesitantly.

"Sure. Just ask her. Oh and Kate does your building allow Dogs?" Tony asked. He knew Sam would be better with Shaq.

Kate looked at Tony and smiled,. "I was already planning on sneaking her in." Kate said.

Tony smiled back at her. "Thanks. To all of you. For accepting her. She's my world. And anything happened to her I would need you to shoot me." Tony told em.

Abby walked over and hugged him. "If she is anything like you. She's a good person. And I can already tell she has a good heart." Abby told him. Tony smiled.

Kate hugged him from upside down. "I know I only met her a week or so ago. But in that time I have seen her and you together. And Tony she will get through this. She mite need you more than you know." Tony nodded and hugged her again.

TBC

End Notes:
I'll be starting another story. Just a fair warning it may take time to write.
Sam's nightmare pt 12 by Soph
Author's Notes:
Sam speaks with Kate and Abby. And then goes home to be consoled by Tony.

PT 12

DC NATIONAL PARK

Sam had stopped in the park and sat down on the bench staring out into the open space. She didn't wanna go back to that apartment. She wanted to go somewhere where she could escape the world. Escape her nightmare she had . Escape her school. Cause it was harder than she wanted to believe. "Why me." She cried into her hand. Shaq nosed her arm and leaned on her leg. "I am so stupid. I shoulda stayed at the hospital." She cried and looked out at the swings. People were swinging and having fun. No one knew of the danger in the city. If they did they didn't care.

TONY'S APARTMENT

Tony and Gibbs was sitting at the table.

"Why don't you guys move in with me?" Gibbs asked looking at the man in front of him.

Tony looked at him. "Um Gibbs. I don't know." Tony said unsure.

Gibbs nodded. "Think about it. Tony I love you. And that's not gonna change. We've been going together for 6 months now." Gibbs told him.

Tony nodded. "But this isn't about just me. I have to make sure Sam is ok with this." Tony said.

Gibbs nodded at him. "Ask her. I know she is going through a rough time. But Tony. This may be what she needs. To see that her dad is happy with someone. I know it'll be weird at first but she'll get used to it." Gibbs said.

Tony stood at the sink looking out the window. Tony watched as a car whizzed by the building. "You were right Gibbs. She's scared and I can't take it away." Tony said in a sad voice. "My girl is literally scared out of her mind and there is nothing I can do." Tony said more angry now.

Gibbs stood and walked behind him. "She's your daughter Tony. She'll get through this. She has Kate McGee Abby Ducky and Me to help her. And most of all from what I see she has the most important person in her life. You." Gibbs said rubbing his chin on Tony's shoulder. Tony turned around his arms and clung to him. Gibbs felt the other man's sobs. And it broke his heart. Not only for the man he loved. But the girl he had started loving as his own daughter.

NATIONAL PARK

Sam sat still watching everything around her. She jumped when someone sat down beside her. "Sam?" It was Abby and Kate.

Kate sat down and looked at the area she was looking at. "You people watching?" Kate asked her.

Sam smiled weakly. "Sitting here thinking. These people haven't a clue of the evil in the world." Sam said sadly.

Kate nodded. "But that's a good thing. Then they aren't always walking around scared. They aren't always looking over there shoulders." Kate said looking over the girl beside her. She could see the sadness in her eyes. "Sam. Did you know about the time your dad kissed a guy?" Abby asked her. Sam shook her head. "Well he was undercover and this guy named Voss was portraying a woman. Well he kissed Tony. Well let's just say your dad didn't know it was a man in drag until later." Abby said.

Kate was giggling. "I asked him if he could handle kissing a guy." Kate said laughing.

Sam sat there smiling. "I feel as if I should be feeling something. But I'm numb." Sam said.

Abby wrapped her arms around the girl. "You'll make it. I promise. Me Kate Ducky McGee and Gibbs will be there for you. But most important your dad will be there not matter what." Abby told her.

Kate nodded. "He sure will. Oh Sam he loves you so much. You shoulda seen him when I told him and Gibbs you were drugged. I thought we were gonna have to tie him to the bed." Kate said.

Sam smiled at that. "We have been each other's main support system." Sam said. "But I feel like I have disappointed him." She said looking down at her hands.

"Sam listen to me. Your dad is not disappointed. He is very worried about you. He wants you to talk to him. Tell him how much you need him. Cause he needs you too. Right now you need each other." Kate said to her.

"I um can't stay at that apartment." Sam said shaking.

Kate smiled at her. "Well I can help there. Me and your dad talked and we thought maybe you could come stay with me for a while. Your dad is gonna find a new place to live." Kate said.

Sam smiled a little. "Well I need one other problem solved."

Abby looked at her. "What's that?"

Sam smiled a little. "I need the kids at school to stop thinking the football quarterback and me did it." Abby and Kate chuckled.

‘Well let them think it. It might get you dates later on." Abby said.

Sam looked at them. "Thank you. Both of you." Sam said smiling.

Abby hugged her. "Us girls have to stick together. Hey I got an idea. How about we start a tradition." Kate and Sam looked at each other.

"What do you have in mind Abs?" Kate asked.

Abby smiled. "Well once a month or more if need be. Us girls go out have fun. Go to the movies. Go eat dinner and then head back to my place or Kate's and have a sleep over. Dish about the guys in our lives." Sam and Kate smiled.

"Sounds good to me. Sam?"

Sam smiled. "Sounds nice."



TONY'S PLACE

Tony was laying on the couch asleep when Sam walked in. She smiled. Sam sat carefully down on the edge of the couch. "Daddy. I love you so much." She whispered.

"I love you too," Tony startled her. Sam jumped bumping his ribs making him groan and wince.

"Oh I'm sorry. But you scared me to death. I thought you were out." She said wincing.

He controlled his breathing. "It's not a problem." He said looking at her.

"Gibbs go home?" She asked.

He nodded. "Yeah he wanted to give us some time." He said trying to sit up wincing.

"Lay still Daddy. Daughters orders." She said smiling. Tony nodded and laid his head back down.

"Listen Sammy. I have to tell you something." Tony told her. "That morning that I was shot. I thought about you're question about your mom. She was as strong as an ox." Sam smiled at him. Tony smiled his big grin at her.

"You know that you can tell me anything right?" Tony asked her.

Sam nodded. "I need to tell you something." Sam said quietly. Tony nodded. "That morning. I was getting out of the shower. And I thought I heard something. Never thought nothing of it. Wish I had now. But any way when the phone rang I was hoping against all hope it was Gibbs. " Sam said. Tony looked at her.

"Why Gibbs? Tony asked.

"Cause I wanted him to call and say you were awake. And that you being shot was a nightmare.." Sam said.

Tony smiled. "You shoulda been hoping it was a guy from school." Tony said smirking at her.

Sam shook her head. "Any ways when he said turn around I did. And he was there looking at me. He told me that I looked like you. And that you helped get Gibbs shot." Sam was fighting tears. "He said that if I fought he would go to the hospital and turn off the ventilator." Sam said shaking.

Tony gripped her hand and held it. "Listen to me. He was saying those things to scare you. He wanted you to fight him." Tony said looking at her intently.

"He got a fight. Any way I fought to try to keep him off of me. He stuck the needle in my arm and I was out." Sam said clutching her arm. "I woke up on the couch. My shirt undone and my pants on the floor." Sam said sobbing gently into her hands.

Tony grabbed her and brought her into him and held her. He felt his bruised broken and shattered ribs protest but he didn't care.

"My first thought was. Will Dad be mad cause I'm not there." Sam said.

Tony hugged her close to him. "Sammy listen to me. I'm not disappointed in you. I'm scared that I will lose you over this." Tony said.

Sam sat back up. "Not gonna lose me dad. You remember that Faith Hill song. You can't lose me." Sam said smiling tearfully at him.

"Good. Cause I don't wanna. I want to know my girl will be beating me at basketball when I'm better." Tony said smiling at her.

"Dad. One other thing. I can't stay here. I look at this room and I see it." Sam said .

Tony nodded. "Kate has offered to let you stay with her til I figure out another place for us to live." Tony told her.

Sam nodded. "She told me. I think I would like that." Sam said. She could see dread on Tony's face.

"Dad. Remember that I do know how to get into NCIS. And I will come by. I'll probably be by daily. Making sure you aren't giving them to much of a hard time." Sam said smiling.

Tony nodded. "Um question. How would you feel about us living with Gibbs?" Tony asked cautiously.

Sam smiled at him. "I think it would be good. And I don't mind." Sam said.

Tony smiled and sat up. "I love you so much." He said. "I love you too dad." Sam told him crying He held her there.

"Dad did you get someone to change your bandages?" Sam asked.

"No." Tony said not wanting to break the hug. Cause his girl was right there in his arms.

TBC

This story archived at http://www.ncisfiction.com/viewstory.php?sid=4725