Big Fish by Mindy
Summary: Follows directly after the gym scene at the beginning of “The Boneyard”.
Categories: Gibbs/Kate Characters: None
Genre: UST
Pairing: Gibbs/Kate
Warnings: None
Challenges:
Series: None
Chapters: 1 Completed: Yes Word count: 388 Read: 3846 Published: 04/26/2005 Updated: 04/26/2005

1. Big Fish by Mindy

Big Fish by Mindy
Author's Notes:
Follows directly after the gym scene at the beginning of “The Boneyard”.

Kate followed Gibbs down the hall leading to the men's and women's showers. She couldn't disguise the spring in her step that always came from destroying a grown man in physical combat. The fact that she and McGee were so unevenly matched did not deter her victory high in the least.
"Kate," said Gibbs walking ahead of her.
"Yeah?"
"That was unfair play," he stated evenly.
It took her a second but she guessed what he meant.
"I wasn't ‘playing'," she justified: "I take my physical training very seriously and a direct hit to the groin is a most effective way of disarming an enemy." She paused and shrugged: "If he's male, that is."
Gibbs wasn't buying it.
He stopped abruptly and confronted her: "Quit being a smartass and don't kick my men in the balls," he said slowly and clearly.
Startled but not thrown, she looked up at him and saw that he hid amusement behind his stern tone.
"Clear?" he pressed, eyes twinkling.
She tried not to smile but didn't manage it: "Aye aye."
Gibbs moved closer, deliberately using his bulk to impress on her his point: "'Cause McGee was just a warm up. Next time -- you take on me." He let that sink in. Looming over her, he continued in a low voice: "And you don't want to find out what I'll do to you if try that crap on me." He pinned her with blue inescapable eyes for a moment then turned away, continuing down the hall.
Kate glowed with anticipation.
She looked at the floor and wondered under her breath: "That a promise?"
Gibbs started. His back tensed for a second and she knew he'd heard her. Turning back, he closed the distance between them and leaned in close to her:
"Count on it," he whispered, softly threatening.
Kate's eyes glittered up at him and he held them for a moment, confirming his challenge.
Then he strode away as she watched. Turning in the opposite direction, she headed for the women's showers, grinning to herself.
"I'll look forward to it," she breathed, smugly.
From the corner of her eyes, she saw Tony helping a red-faced McGee limp down the hall. Tony gave her a scathing look and she rolled her eyes.
She had bigger fish to fry.

This story archived at http://www.ncisfiction.com/viewstory.php?sid=4786