Triangles at NCIS by SaddisticPuppy
Summary: The mixed up love life of the NCIS work force.
Categories: Other Mixed Pairings Characters: None
Genre: Angst
Pairing: Gibbs/DiNozzo, Gibbs/Kate, DiNozzo/Kate
Warnings: None
Challenges:
Series: None
Chapters: 1 Completed: Yes Word count: 678 Read: 2601 Published: 06/15/2005 Updated: 06/15/2005
Story Notes:
Drabble that smacked me in the face last night. Had to write. First every NCIS fic.

1. Triangles at NCIS by SaddisticPuppy

Triangles at NCIS by SaddisticPuppy
Author's Notes:
The mixed up love life of the NCIS work force.

Love Triangles at NCIS

x: Kate :x

I love him. God it’s so easy to say now. After the plague thing I really woke up. Almost losing him showed me what I had to lose, even though I don’t really have him to lose.
Tim noticed the brooding. I’d bet Gibbs noticed too, but then Gibbs was as bad as I was. We never noticed what Tony brought to the work place, not until it wasn’t there.
He’s as annoying as hell when he’s here, and by God do we miss him when he isn’t.
But there’s so much history. We work together. We’re friends. He’s like an annoying brother!
But I love him. Love his teasing, love his joking, love his smile. I know he’s not the player he pretends to be. Sure he dates, sure he plays, but I know it’s not like he makes it out to be. When he dates my friends I find out these things. Just like when I date his friends.
So I’m in love with Tony, with Anthony DiNozzo. Doesn’t mean I can do anything about it. Doesn’t mean he feels the same.
It just means that I love him. And damn it I’ll never be happy now.
Damn Gibbs and his stupid rules.

x: Gibbs :x

God, I hate love.
Hate how it creeps up on you. Hate how it digs its talons into your heart and doesn’t let go.
It makes people dependent, makes people needy. I loved all three of my wives, shows what love does. That’s why I don’t fall in love any more. But when love slaps you in the face, its hard to ignore.
She waltzed in, joined the team, flashed that dazzling smile and humoured Tony. She was a bright spark, a fire cracker. She really made me smile. She started off being just a replacement for Vivien Blackadder, but then she changed it. She wasn’t a replacement, she made her own place on the team.
Tony liked her, Abby liked her, Ducky liked her. At first I liked her. Then I really liked her. After the incident with Ari in the morgue, after that I knew I loved her. I just couldn’t say anything.
Couldn’t tell her, couldn’t tell anyone. It would mess up the work force, it would ruin the team. It would be very inappropriate.
It would break my own rules.
Damn it, why’d she have to be it?

x: Tony :x

Do they think I’m stupid?
Do they think I can’t see how much they want each other? Gibbs is so obvious that it’s insulting. And Kate? It’s like she can’t get rid of me fast enough.
I’m stuck here in my apartment for a week! I can’t handle that, I’m too detached. Gibbs and Kate took me home, left my meds out and dumped me in my bed. Kate couldn’t leave fast enough, I’m pretty sure she’s looking forward to this week without me. And I know Gibbs is. It means he has Kate all to himself, 'cause when I’m there I infuriate her, just to see where it’ll go, how long before she snaps. Besides, I like it, the banter.
Without that she’ll do her little ‘please Gibbs’ thing and he’ll just love that! Maybe he’ll finally say something. Say bollocks to the rules and ask her out.
It’d do them both good, she’d finally be happy and he’d probably relax a little bit. Someone should be allowed to be happy, it’d only be fair that one of us could be, although both of them would be. I know I can’t be.
It sucks when the person you love doesn’t care, it sucks more when they love someone else. It kills you when they flaunt it in front of you ‘cause they have no idea that you’re in love with them.
Damn Gibbs and his rules.
But it wouldn’t work anyway. He’s my supervisor and boss, besides, he’s in love with Caitlyn Todd.

END

End Notes:
Drabble that smacked me in the face last night. Had to write. First every NCIS fic.
This story archived at http://www.ncisfiction.com/viewstory.php?sid=4837