Applied Psychology by blueraccoon
Summary: Some things are innate.
Categories: Gibbs/Abby Characters: None
Genre: First Time, PWP - Plot, What Plot?
Pairing: Gibbs/Abby
Warnings: BDSM
Challenges:
Series: None
Chapters: 6 Completed: No Word count: 34858 Read: 33954 Published: 03/11/2007 Updated: 01/11/2006
Story Notes:
This is the fic I swore never to write, with the pairing I swore never to write. I should really know better. To skripka, nancy, and Nix...you all suck. And this one's for you.

1. Pavlovian Response by blueraccoon

2. Behavioral Conditioning by blueraccoon

3. Involuntary Reaction by blueraccoon

4. Control Theory by blueraccoon

5. Positive Reinforcement by blueraccoon

6. Impulse Control by blueraccoon

Pavlovian Response by blueraccoon
Author's Notes:
Some things are innate.

The buckle was new, and stiff, and Abby cursed as it refused to fasten. A loose strand of hair got caught in the metal and she yelped when it got yanked out of her head.

"Having problems?"

"Damnit, Gibbs, don't do that to me!" Abby turned and glared at him. "The stupid thing's stuck."

"I thought you were already wearing one of these today. Want some help?" Gibbs raised an eyebrow.

"I was. This one's different--I'm going out tonight." With a sigh, she turned around again. "Can you fix it?"

She *felt* Gibbs' smile as he crossed the lab to her. "Is this comfortable?" he asked, holding it in place. His fingers brushed the back of her neck and--whoa, that was something she so wasn't thinking about.

"It's--it's fine," she said, praying he didn't notice the strangled note in her voice.

He buckled the collar, making sure it was settled around her throat before letting go. And again, his fingers brushed over the nape of her neck. Abby couldn't quite hide the gasp that time. "Don't do that!"

"Do what, Abs?"

She turned to look at him warily. There was a note in his voice she hadn't heard before, and when she saw his face her internal radar went off. That amused, not-quite-arrogant look--she'd seen that before. The last man she'd played with had the same look, just before..."Um--you're in my way," she managed.

Gibbs smiled and stepped out of the way, gesturing. "So where are you going tonight?"

"It's just a party. Nothing special." She tugged the bands out of her hair and ran her fingers through it. "And I'm going to be late."

"And we wouldn't want that," Gibbs said solemnly.

"Gibbs, what is going on?" Abby demanded. "What--" She shook her head. "What are you doing down here anyway?"

"I came to say goodnight," Gibbs said, walking over to her. "Is there a problem with that?"

"No sir," she said automatically, getting her coat.

Oh, holy fuck. Her head snapped up and she stared at Gibbs, realizing what she'd just said. "You--"

He smiled slightly. "That an automatic response or a trained one?"

"It--" Abby swallowed. "Your voice," she said shakily. "It--it was your voice."

"I know that. I'm asking if it was an automatic response or one you've learned."

"Both, s--" She caught herself that time. "Some things are innate."

"They are." Gibbs raised an eyebrow. "Don't look so surprised, Abby. Or did you think I was as clueless about sexuality as I am about popular culture?"

"I--I never thought about it." Abby's fingers tightened in the leather of her coat. "And this is a really, really weird discussion to be having here."

"It is." Gibbs smiled again. "Come," he said, holding out his hand. "I'll buy you a cup of coffee."

"I--the party--"

"Come have a cup of coffee with me," Gibbs said matter-of-factly.

She bit her lip. "Gibbs, what do you want?"

"I'd say it's more a question of what you want," Gibbs told her. "When was the last time you played, Abs--and meant it?"

"Not for a while," she admitted. "Lately it's just..." She shrugged. "Hasn't been worth it."

"McGee not enough?"

"Too vanilla. I mean, he's not completely vanilla, but...not enough for me." Abby wrinkled her nose.

Gibbs took one step toward her, tipping her chin up with a finger. "I am," he said evenly.

Oh. God. Abby swallowed. "Gibbs--"

"Shh," he murmured. "One word, Abby. Yes or no?"

Her mouth was dry as dust. "Yes," she whispered, shivering all over.

Gibbs' finger stroked down her throat, pressing gently against the collar. He took the coat from her and held it out for her; automatically, she slipped her arms into the sleeves and picked up her bag.

"Do you need to call anyone at the party?" he asked. His hand settled in the small of her back as they walked to the elevator.

She shook her head. "No--it's a casual thing and I said I didn't know if I could make it."

"Good." Gibbs pressed the button for the elevator. He looked at her and his mouth quirked in a smile. "Besides," he said simply. "You'll have more fun with me."

It had been so long since she'd heard that casual arrogance in anyone's voice, and to hear it from Gibbs--Abby closed her eyes, resisting the urge to kneel right then and there. It wasn't like she'd never thought about this, but to actually have it...that was something entirely different.

He waited until they were in the car to say anything else. "Safewords?" he asked casually.

"Um. Stoplights. Red is stop, yellow slow down, green is good, blue is emotional."

Gibbs nodded. "Good." He glanced at her before merging onto the highway. "Do you want coffee?"

Her mouth was dry, but she shook her head. Caffeine was...probably not a good idea right about now.

"Thirsty?"

"A little," she admitted.

"Mmm. There's a bottle of water in the cup holder. Drink."

The bottle was unopened; she twisted off the cap and drank, swallowing about a third of the bottle at once before sighing. "Thank you," she said quietly.

"Finish it before we get home."

"Yes sir." And there it was again--but it wasn't exactly like she was going to back out now.

"So polite," Gibbs murmured. "You going to tell me that's instinctive too?"

"N-not entirely, sir." Abby kept her eyes in her lap.

He laughed softly. "Impertinence has its place, pet, but not here. Not now. Disobey me and you won't like the consequences."

She nodded, opening the water bottle and drinking again.

By the time they got to Gibbs' house, she'd finished the water and really needed to use the bathroom. Uncertain what to do, she looked at him as he guided her inside.

"Bathroom's upstairs," he told her. "First door on your right. Go take care of whatever you need--there's a spare toothbrush in the medicine cabinet. Then come to the bedroom. It's across the hall."

"Yes sir." She all-but ran up the stairs.

The emergency makeup wipes she carried in her bag came in handy; when she was done with everything else she dug them out and scrubbed the makeup off her face. They weren't great on her skin, but better that than having her makeup smear all over everything.

"You can put that down by the door," Gibbs said when she walked into the bedroom. "Along with your clothes." He was sitting in an armchair by the window, sleeves rolled up, watching her.

She bent to unlace her boots, feeling Gibbs' gaze like a sunlamp on the back of her neck. The lace caught and she swore at it under her breath before getting it loose and taking off one boot, then the other. The rest of her clothes followed in short order; she just hoped Gibbs didn't notice the way her hands trembled slightly as she unfastened her bra and set it down. Her panties were the last to go and then she stood by the bed, hands behind her back and eyes lowered.

"Good girl." GIbbs' voice was warm and it made her blush. "Come here."

Slowly, she walked over to him, still looking at the floor. She swallowed as his fingers traced over her cheek, down her throat, his hand closing around the back of her neck for one brief moment before sliding down her shoulder, skimming her breast. "Beautiful," he murmured. "Beautiful girl with a beautiful body." He stood and traced the tattoo on her left breast, his finger circling around her nipple but not quite touching it. Abby shivered, feeling it harden in response.

"Spread your legs."

Her face flushed from embarrassment, but she did as she was told. Gibbs ran one finger down her body, between her breasts, over her belly, stopping just short of her labia. "So smooth," he commented. "You're bare as a baby, aren't you?"

Abby swallowed. "I--I like it, sir," she whispered.

"Mmm." Without warning, his hand moved between her legs, squeezing her cunt. "I do too."

Oh God. Abby bit back a moan, swaying a little.

Gibbs chuckled softly and dragged his thumb over her clit. "I want to hear you," he told her. "But if you dare come before I let you, I'll turn your ass so red you won't sit for days."

"Y-yes, sir." Her voice was trembling a little.

His other hand tipped her chin up, just enough for her to meet his eyes. "Although you'd probably like that," he said with a hint of humor. "Wouldn't you?"

Abby blushed, dropping her eyes. "Yes, sir," she said, embarrassed. God, what was wrong with her? She was never this shy with a new top.

But this wasn't just another new Dom. This was...Gibbs.

"I don't necessarily play for keeps," Gibbs said idly, his hand sliding around to cup the back of her neck. He smiled faintly, tightening his grip for a moment. "Unless you want me to."

Her breath caught in her throat. "I--sir, I don't--"

"Easy, pretty girl." Gibbs' voice was calm, matter-of-fact. "You don't have to decide now."

Abby nodded. "Thank you, sir." She took a deep breath, forcing herself to relax. It wasn't like she'd never played the game before. She knew what she was doing.

"Look at me."

She did. Her knees nearly buckled at the predatory hunger she saw in Gibbs' eyes and she whimpered involuntarily.

She had no idea what she was doing. Forget all her experience, everything she'd done...Gibbs was so far out of her league it wasn't funny. She'd never seen anyone that focused on her before and it was nearly enough to make her come then and there.

His hand slid into her hair, tugging her head back. "Pretty girl," he murmured. "You'll let me do anything to you, won't you?"

Abby couldn't manage to speak. It was warm in Gibbs' bedroom but she was shivering, her skin prickled with goosebumps. His hand was a little rough between her legs, holding her firmly; she was so wet her thighs were sticky and she was ready to fly apart just from this.

She closed her eyes when he kissed her. It was the only way she could keep from coming.

When he pulled away, her mouth felt swollen and she had to bite the inside of her cheek to keep from begging. Her cunt was on fire, her nipples hard as steel; she was so desperate for him she was willing to do anything. Anything, so long as he let her come, so long as he fucked her. God, please...

Gibbs chuckled softly. "Begging already, pretty girl?" He tugged her earlobe between his teeth. "What if I say you can't come? What if I want to keep you just like this, hm?" He nuzzled her throat, nipping her just behind her jaw. "You're beautiful like this," he whispered. "You're soaking my hand, you're trembling under my touch--what would you do if I tied you to the bed, if I kept you on edge like this all night?"

She had no doubt he could do it. No doubt he would, if he wanted. "Please," she whispered, her throat dry. "Sir, please..."

His hand tightened around the back of her neck at the same time two fingers pushed into her. Abby cried out, gasping for breath. "Is this what you want?" he asked, his thumb flicking over her clit. "You want to come, pretty girl?"

"Anything," she managed, her breath shallow. "Sir..."

Gibbs laughed softly and pulled his hand away. The loss of his touch was enough to make her fall to her knees.

"Now that's a good look on you," he said approvingly. "And if I didn't want to see you under my hand, I'd let you stay there."

Abby heard the rustle of fabric but didn't look up. She took a deep breath, then another, trying to convince her body to calm down a little, to back away from that edge.

"On the bed, pretty girl. On your knees. Face the headboard."

So much for that. She moved, keeping her legs spread and her hands behind her back. Her eyes stayed down, looking at the solid blue comforter and the crisp white pillowcases. From behind her, she heard movement, heard the sound of a drawer opening and closing and the slide of fabric against fabric. She didn't look.

The leather cuffs Gibbs fastened around her wrists weren't a surprise. Neither was the careful way he tugged them, making sure they weren't too tight or too loose. She still tested them instinctively before relaxing into it. "Tell me if that gets uncomfortable, pretty girl," Gibbs said, stroking her back.

She nodded. "I will, sir."

"Good girl." He kissed her shoulder before settling the pillows in front of her. She didn't need his hand on the back of her neck to know he wanted her to lean forward, ending up with her breasts against the comforter and her ass in the air.

Gibbs stroked her back again, one finger tracing the tattoo in the small of her back. "I think I like you better this way than on your knees," he commented. "Spread out and open for me, that beautiful ass of yours just waiting for my hand--or whatever else I want to use on you, really. And you're so desperate for it."

Abby heard the smile in his voice and shuddered.

"I'd love to leave you like this," he said idly, his finger dipping between her cheeks, tracing her labia. "I might just have to do that one of these nights. I'd tie your legs apart, bring you right to that edge...and watch. And every time you eased back from that edge I'd bring you right back. How long do you think it would take before you couldn't take it? How long before you came?"

She prayed he didn't actually want an answer, because she didn't think she could speak.

"Or I could take you at work. You've got that wonderfully handy supply cabinet off the lab--maybe I'd take you in there one afternoon, push you up against the wall, and fuck you. Leave you wanting, wet for me--you wouldn't come from my cock in you, but if you were a good girl I might let you fuck yourself on my fingers until you came." Gibbs pinched one of her lips, then the other, making her whimper. "But that would be later."

Oh God, she was never going to be able to get new test tubes again.

"But we can discuss that later. For now..." Gibbs smoothed his hand over her ass. "Come from this and you'll regret it," he warned her, right before he brought his hand down.

She gasped, arching under the blow. It stung and it burned and it took her another few spanks to start to relax into it, moving into it instead of away. "That's it," she heard Gibbs murmur, but she couldn't pay much attention to anything other than his hand. She heard herself whimpering, crying out, tears in her eyes from the stinging feel.

He paused, dipping his hand between her legs to stroke her cunt, tease her clit. "You must love being fucked," he murmured, stroking her thighs. "Any time I bring my hand near you you're pushing back onto it. Do you, pretty girl? Do you like the feel of a thick cock inside you?"

Abby nearly whined. "Y-yes, sir," she managed.

"Good." Gibbs brought his hand down again and she cried out in surprise. "Because I could get used to fucking you, pretty girl. I could really get used to having you spread your legs for me and bend over whenever I told you to."

His hand came down again and again, spanking her in earnest. She squirmed against it, half-sobbing against the soft comforter. Her ass burned and when he landed a blow on her upper thigh she cried out. It was almost too much but right before she was ready to say yellow he stopped completely. "Easy," he murmured, rubbing the heat into her ass. "Easy. Such a good girl."

She sighed a little, relaxing against the pillows.

"Such a good girl," Gibbs murmured again. "I might just let you come tonight after all."

He uncuffed her wrists, rubbing them a little before placing each arm on the bed. Abby stretched them out, flexing her fingers. "Kneel up," Gibbs told her. "Hands behind your neck."

Abby pushed herself up, linking her fingers together behind her neck. "Spread your legs more," Gibbs said evenly. "Don't make me tell you again."

"Sorry, sir," she whispered, shifting her knees further apart. She felt the strain in her thighs and ignored it.

"I want to be able to see you," he said matter-of-factly. "Which means you keep your clothes off and your legs open. Understand?"

She nodded, swallowing. "Yes sir."

"Good." Gibbs ran a hand over her breasts, his thumb brushing over her nipples. He pinched one of them hard enough to make her gasp before dropping his hand and pushing the pillows away. "You don't deserve my cock," he told her. "But I think I'm going to fuck you anyway, because I want to."

"Thank you, sir," she said softly.

"On your back. Arms over your head--do you need me to cuff you or will you stay still?"

"May I hold the headboard, sir?" Abby asked, looking at the wooden slats.

"Yes."

"I can stay still, sir."

"Then don't move." Gibbs slapped her sore ass and she jumped. "On your back, pretty girl."

Her ass stung when she settled herself, reaching above her head to hold the slats. She spread her legs as wide as she could, watching Gibbs kneel between her thighs. He'd undressed before and God, the man looked good naked. Almost involuntarily, her eyes drifted lower, looking--oh, fuck, he was going to feel so good inside her. Thick, hard, curved just a little--she swallowed.

"Like what you see?" he asked lightly.

Was that a rhetorical question? Abby bit her lip, unsure of how to answer. Fortunately, Gibbs just chuckled and rested a hand on her belly. He bent forward to kiss her, right between her breasts. "And--ah. There we are." He reached into his nightstand, taking out a condom packet. Abby watched him open it and roll it on, her mouth going dry.

"Ask me nicely," he told her. "And I'll give you the fucking you're so desperate for."

"Sir...please..." Abby had to swallow to be able to speak. "Fuck me. Please."

He shifted his weight, his cock pressing against her. "I want to feel you come around me," he said in a low voice, right before he drove into her.

She was so ready for him, he was able to push all the way inside in one hard thrust. Abby moaned, wrapping her legs around his waist to try and pull him deeper. She arched up under him, hands clenching around the headboard.

Fast, hard, rough--he was giving her exactly what she needed, exactly what she'd wanted since he'd brushed his fingers over her neck in the lab. She moaned and tightened her legs, moving with him, panting for breath. So close--she wasn't going to last much longer, and just as she realized that her orgasm ripped through her and she cried out.

He didn't stop, didn't even pause, driving her closer to the edge again. "Please--sir--oh, God--" Abby's head thrashed on the pillow. She had no idea what she was saying, if in fact she was saying anything at all. Her body was tightening, coiling, desperate for release.

"Not yet," he ground out without breaking rhythm. "Not yet."

Abby half-sobbed, twisting against him. Her legs ached with the strain of keeping them around his waist, her hands hurt from the way she was holding the wood. She heard Gibbs breathing harshly, his mouth hot against her shoulder. God, it was so good, she never wanted it to end and if she didn't come soon she was going to explode.

"Now," he said after what seemed like forever. "Touch yourself if you need to--do it, pretty girl. Now."

Her hand slid down between her legs and at the first brush of her fingers over her clit she nearly screamed, coming so hard her world greyed out. She fell back against the bed, panting; her hearing returned just in time for him to groan and thrust one last time into her, warmth filling the condom.

As he pulled out of her carefully and got rid of the condom, her legs fell limply to the bed. Her left hand was still clenched around the headboard. She couldn't manage to unwrap her fingers; Gibbs chuckled softly and peeled her hand away from the wood, kissing her palm. "Did I break you, pretty girl?" he asked lightly.

"Mmf."

Gibbs laughed again. He flicked on the little lamp on the nightstand and got up, turning off the overhead. "Under the covers, pretty girl," he said, tugging them back. "I think I'm keeping you tonight."

Given that she could barely move, that sounded like an excellent idea. As it was, Gibbs had to help her get settled, her head on his chest. She was asleep before he even turned off the bedside lamp.

End Notes:
This is the fic I swore never to write, with the pairing I swore never to write. I should really know better. To skripka, nancy, and Nix...you all suck. And this one's for you.
Behavioral Conditioning by blueraccoon
Author's Notes:
You get three.

There were some days that even caffeine couldn't help.

Abby glared at the mostly empty Big Gulp in front of her and turned back to her computer. If she didn't get Gibbs the results he wanted in the next hour, he'd--well, she wasn't sure exactly what he'd do but she was pretty sure it wouldn't be good. And not in that fun punish--no, wait, she wasn't going to think about that. It had been one night. One insane, completely surreal night, about which they hadn't spoken since.

That was good. That was what she wanted.

Really.

She wanted what she had. Casual dates with random guys, occasionally something more--okay, so she was ignoring the last three...no, four guys she'd tried to date. None of them had worked out. None of them had come close to giving her what she wanted.

Warm hands, rough with calluses, stroking over her body, the way he'd just-- Abby shook her head fiercely. It had just been one night, damnit!

"Something fly into your pigtails?" Tony asked from the door.

She bit back the snarl and reached for her soda instead. "What do you want?" she asked, trying to keep it as non-surly as possible.

Tony held up his hands. "Whoa, don't bite my head off. Gibbs sent me down--"

"Tell GIbbs," Abby ground out, "that I will come up there when I have his damned results and if he sends you or Kate or McGee down here to find them before that I will pour sulfuric acid over the whole fucking batch!"

"--to tell you we've got a little more time," Tony finished warily.

Oh. Abby buried her face in her hands. "Thanks," she said through her fingers. "I'll bring it up when it's done."

"Okay. Um. You...need more soda? Or something?"

She shook her head, not looking up. "Sorry, Tony," she said, dropping her hands. "It's...been a long week."

"Yeah." He hesitated in the doorway. "If you need anything, Abs--"

"Go on back up, Tony. I'll be okay."

After a moment, he nodded and left.

The rest of the day didn't get much better.

By the time she got home, she was so frazzled she was on the verge of tears. A hot shower didn't help; neither did the half-pint of Godiva ice cream she ate in lieu of dinner. It was just...one thing after another and she had no idea why this was getting to her so much.

She curled up on the couch, wrapped in the thick terry robe her brother had given her for Christmas, resting her head on the squashy arm. For a moment, she wished she hadn't broken it off with Darren. Yeah, he'd been a jerk, but it would be nice to have someone hold her tonight.

When she picked up the phone, she stared at it for a moment, unsure what she was doing or why. As she dialed, she still couldn't find an answer.

"Gibbs." His voice was as brusque as ever, despite the fact that he had to have seen her caller ID.

"Hi," she said. "Um."

"What's going on, Abby?" he asked matter-of-factly.

"Nothing. This--I'm sorry. I don't know why--"

"Abby," he interrupted. "What's wrong?"

She sighed. "Ever have one of those days when nothing goes right?"

Gibbs laughed softly. "I've had years like that. Are you okay?"

"Yeah, I guess. I'm just...I don't know why I called. I'm sorry. I--"

"Abby," he said, interrupting her again. "Breathe, pretty girl."

Oh God. He hadn't--that was what he'd--Abby shuddered.

"Here's what you're going to do for me," Gibbs told her. "You're going to unlock your door and go into your bedroom--you do have something to sleep in other than the coffin, correct?"

"Yes, sir," she whispered.

"Good. I want you to change the sheets and make the bed. If you haven't showered, do so. Strip. You may lie down, but don't fall asleep. I'll be there in half an hour."

He hung up without giving her a chance to say anything.

Abby put the phone down slowly and just stared at it for a moment before getting up and going to do as he'd told her.

She had a fresh set of sheets in the linen closet, thankfully. They were 350-count, pure cotton, black; she smiled a little as she made the bed, settling the black and white comforter neatly into place. When she was done and the bed--and the room--were as neat as she could make them, she hung up her robe and stretched out on the bed, head resting on her crossed arms and her legs spread. She was pretty sure Gibbs would be annoyed if he came in and her legs were together.

She didn't know how long it was, not that it mattered. She didn't sleep, didn't doze, but she did settle down, beginning to relax for the first time all day.

When she heard the door open, she didn't look, just waited until Gibbs walked into the room, stopping by the bed. "Pretty girl," he said affectionately, running his fingers down her back. "Are you going to be my good girl tonight?"

"Yes sir," she whispered.

"Mmm." Gibbs stroked her thighs, coming close to her cunt but not quite touching it. "You haven't had much luck with your boy toys lately, have you, pretty girl?"

"No, sir," Abby said glumly.

He laughed. "You know why, pretty girl. They can't give you what you need. Sure, they'll try, but they can't succeed. You're too much for them."

One finger slid between her legs, teasing her entrance. "This is two," he said evenly. "You get three times, pretty girl. After that, you're mine."

Abby shuddered, swallowing. "Yes sir," she managed.

His finger dipped deeper, trailing up to press against her clit. "I almost took you at work today," Gibbs said, his finger circling her clit slowly. "Almost took you into that storage closet and fucked you hard and fast. You were begging for it; you'd have come in seconds if I had. Do you know why I didn't, pretty girl?"

She shook her head. "No, sir."

"Because it had to be your choice. Your choice to call me. Just like it'll be your choice next time. Or not, if you decide not to ask." He pulled his hand away. "Where do you keep your toys, pretty girl?"

"The armoire, sir. Next to the closet."

She heard him move and turned her head to watch him open the doors. "Quite the collection you've got here," he commented dryly. "You use all these, pretty girl?"

"Mostly, sir. Some were joke gifts. I used to collect, back in college."

Gibbs laughed. "I'm sure you did. Just like I'm sure you didn't stop once you graduated. What was your first one, pretty girl?"

"Second from the right, bottom shelf, sir," she said immediately. Clear red plastic, a simple vibrator that ran on two 'C' batteries, it was still one of her favorites.

"Mmm. Good beginner's toy." Gibbs looked at her and smiled slightly. "But this..." He picked up one of her glass dildos, turning it in his hands. "This is beautiful, pretty girl. Do you like it?"

"Yes sir."

"Good." He set it down carefully. "How do you feel about sensory deprivation, pretty girl?"

Abby swallowed. "I like it, sir," she admitted.

He nodded. "Close your eyes."

She did, shivering a little as he blindfolded her. "Can you see anything?" he asked.

"No sir." Abby blinked her eyes behind the fabric, shaking her head a little to make sure it was secure.

"Good. Kneel up, hands behind your neck. And if I have to tell you to spread your legs, you're not going to like the consequences."

"Yes sir." She knelt up instantly, spreading her legs as wide as she could, her hands linked behind her neck.

"Good girl." Gibbs traced a line down her back, gently squeezing her ass. "Get used to this position, pretty girl. I like you like this." His hand slid between her legs, cupping her firmly. "So eager," he murmured. "Such a hungry little girl."

Abby bit her lip, swallowing hard.

"Do you like this as well?" His hand traced back to her ass, one finger pressing at her hole. "You've got a beautiful ass, pretty girl. Do you like getting it fucked?"

"S-sometimes, sir."

He laughed softly and smacked her ass. "Now that's something I might have to do someday," he said, his hand idly trailing over her body. "I'd plug your ass in the morning, make sure you were stretched and ready for me, so I could come down and fuck your ass whenever I wanted. Or I'd leave the plug in and fuck your cunt. You're so hungry for it, aren't you? You'd take anything, anywhere from me."

Abby whimpered. Her cunt was soaked already, her nipples hard as glass, and he'd barely touched her. God, she was going to come as soon as he touched her clit.

Gibbs pinched her nipple and she gasped. "Let's see what we can do with these," he murmured, twisting her nipple before letting go. "What have you got in your cabinet..." It sounded like a rhetorical question, and she didn't bother answering.

She heard something clink but wasn't sure what. And then his mouth was on her nipple, licking and sucking and she moaned, arching her back. "That's it," Gibbs murmured, tugging gently with his teeth. "And..." He slid the clamp on, tightening it efficiently. "Now for the other one."

Abby whimpered when he fastened that one; the chain was just short enough that it pulled every time she breathed, but the clamps were fastened securely enough that they didn't slip. She found herself breathing shallowly to try and ease the burn and got herself a slap on the ass for her trouble.

"Breathe, pretty girl." Gibbs' voice left no room for anything but obedience. "Now...let's see what else to do with you tonight."

The worn fleece of her leather cuffs settled around her wrists comfortably as he locked them into place, fastening them together behind her neck.

"Beautiful," he said softly, stroking her breasts. "Absolutely beautiful." He tugged the chain lightly before skimming his fingers down her belly, between her legs, pinching her clit. Abby moaned, trying to arch into his hand.

Gibbs kissed her gently. "Be a good girl and I'll let you come," he murmured against her lips. "If you're a very good girl, I'll let you suck me."

She swallowed, licking dry lips. "I'll behave, sir, I promise," she whispered.

"Good girl. Don't move--I'll be right back."

Abby waited anxiously, not sure what he was doing. She heard some muffled noises, then footsteps, but she couldn't figure out what was going on. By the time the footsteps returned, she was trembling a little, afraid she'd done something wrong.

"Shh, pretty girl," Gibbs said soothingly, stroking her hair. "Shh. It's all right. You're fine."

"Yes sir," she managed.

"Good girl." He kissed her again, hard and fast. "Hands and knees."

The chain between the cuffs was long enough that she could raise her hands over her head, settling them on the bed in front of her. The clamps pulled on her breasts and she moaned a little.

"Spread your legs more."

Abby moved them apart hastily, blushing. "Sorry, sir."

The smoth leather that slid over her ass was familiar and she bit her lip, waiting for the paddle to come down. But when it did, it was light, almost gentle. The first few blows were like that; easy, light, letting her relax into it, get used to it.

And then it cracked down hard and she cried out, moving forward from the force of it. "Relax into it, pretty girl," Gibbs told her evenly. "Relax. I won't give you more than you can handle."

She closed her eyes, struggling to breathe evenly. Gibbs gave her a moment to calm herself before the paddle came down again, setting a fast hard rhythm that made her cry out with each blow. She couldn't keep still under it, twisting involuntarily.

Her slow word trembled on her lips but she forced it back. She could take this; she wanted to take this for Gibbs, wanted to please him, but oh God it hurt and stung and she couldn't--

With a half-sob, she fell on her side, trembling. Tears burned behind her eyes, one slipping down her cheek. She curled into a ball, afraid to look at Gibbs, afraid of what she'd see.

Strong arms pulled her up, holding her against Gibbs' chest. "Shh," he whispered, rocking her. "Shh, pretty girl. It's all right. I'm not upset."

Abby buried her face in his shoulder. "I'm sorry--sir, I'm sorry, I tried--"

He kissed the top of her head. "Why didn't you safeword?" he asked quietly, not letting go of her.

"I didn't want--I couldn't--" Abby shook her head.

Gibbs stroked her back, holding her close. "Do you need to stop?" he asked softly. "Is this too much for you, Abby?"

"I--" She hesitated, afraid to say the wrong thing.

"Tell me what you need, pretty girl," Gibbs said, soft and even. "I can't give you what you need if you don't tell me what it is."

"I don't want to stop," she said shakily. "I just--I couldn't take that. It--"

"You haven't played hard in how long?"

Abby swallowed, counting. "Seven months," she said. "Not including...well, the last time with you."

"That wasn't playing hard. Not by your standards. Or mine." Gibbs was quiet for a moment. "I'm going to take the clamps off," he told her. "Ready?"

She nodded, taking a deep breath. Gibbs pulled the clamps off quickly and she cried out, hands flying up to cover her breasts. He didn't say a word, just held her until she was able to lower her hands. "That's it," Gibbs murmured, kissing her forehead. "That's my girl."

A spark of surprise--and pleasure--ran through her at the phrase. "Sir?" she asked hesitantly.

"Three times, pretty girl. This is two. Next time seals it." Gibbs kissed her lips gently. "You're not in the right headspace to think about it now, pretty girl. Don't. Just let it go. Let it all go."

Abby sighed a little and relaxed against him. The world was floating away, leaving her warm and safe and protected in Gibbs' arms. He kissed her again and all she could do was melt into it, yielding to him with a soft moan.

Gibbs unfastened the cuffs around her wrists and put them aside, but he left the blindfold on. "Lie down on your stomach," he told her. "Just relax, pretty girl. I'll take care of you."

She stretched out on her stomach, resting her head on her crossed arms. Gibbs ran a hand down her back, over her ass, and without his prompting she spread her legs. "Good girl," Gibbs murmured. "Just relax. Just let it all go."

He kissed her shoulders, the small of her back, his hands stroking over her skin. "Pretty girl," he whispered against her throat. "Pretty pliant girl."

His fingers slipped between her legs, spreading her open. "You're just begging to be taken, aren't you?" he asked with no hint of teasing.

Abby whimpered softly. "Sir..."

"Shh," Gibbs murmured. "You'll get what you need. You won't get my cock tonight--you didn't earn that, not with the way you tried to hold out on me. But I'll fuck you with one of your toys. Behave and I'll even let you come."

"Yes sir," she managed, biting back a moan.

He flicked her clit with one callused finger, rubbing lightly, enough to make her squirm. "I would love to see you like this at work," he said huskily. "Biting your lip, your nipples hard through your shirt, grabbing the chair to hold on and not come with my fingers in you, on your clit, bringing you so close to orgasm that you can see it. I wouldn't let you come--not at work, not like that. You'd have to earn it."

"Oh God--" The gasp was completely involuntarily.

"You like that idea, pretty girl? You like the idea of going on your knees for me in the bathroom, sucking me off on your lunch break? I could make you do that anytime, pet. Just like I could bend you over my arm and turn your ass red with my bare hand. Make you so desperate you'd do anything for me, just to come." His fingers were teasing her, barely dipping inside her, circling her opening. His thumb rested on her clit, not rubbing it, just...there. "I could do so much with you," Gibbs said softly.

Abby whimpered again, trying not to push back onto his fingers. "Please," she managed. "Sir, please..."

He took his hand away and she moaned. She heard the clink of--something--and then something hard and smooth and oh God cold pushed inside her and she cried out, hands grabbing at the covers. Oh God oh God oh God the shock was enough to make her half mad. Cold against her heat, hard, that smooth ridge--it had to be that dildo from earlier, the one he'd admired.

"Ice bath," he said matter-of-factly, twisting it inside her. "These things cool down so nicely. Just enough to drive you crazy, not enough to actually hurt you. I wouldn't do that to you."

She moaned, squirming against it. "Please--oh God, please, I can't take it--"

Gibbs chuckled softly. "Don't lie to me, pretty girl."

"Oh God--sir, please--"

He pulled it out partially before shoving it back inside her, hard enough to make her cry out in need. "Turn over," he said abruptly.

She did, praying she'd get a reprieve, but he kept the dildo securely inside her until she was settled on her back. And then he took her hand and rested it on the base of the toy. "Fuck yourself with it," he said evenly. "I want to watch you."

Abby whined, squirming against the cold she couldn't get away from. "I can't--"

"Tell me that again and you won't come," Gibbs told her evenly. "I gave you an order, pretty girl. I expect you to obey it."

Her hand trembled as she took a firmer grip on the dildo, gasping a little at its smooth cold feel. She felt her face burning with embarrassment and for a moment she wasn't sure she could do this, no matter what he wanted.

But God, she needed to come.

The dildo was slick and smooth; it was easy to fuck herself with it, easy to use, and the cold was slowly fading, replaced by heat and need and the overwhelming drive to come. One arm reached over her head to grab the iron headboard, giving her something to brace against, a way to hold on as she continued to fuck herself with the toy. "Please," she begged. "Please, sir, please..."

"Not yet. Ask again and it won't be at all."

She half-sobbed, fucking herself harder and faster, driving her body to that peak, praying he'd relent. Please, God, please...

He pulled the dildo out of her moments before she would have come. "You didn't think it was going to be that easy, did you?" he asked teasingly. "Kneel up, pretty girl. And keep your eyes closed so I can take off the blindfold."

She did, squeezing her eyes closed. The fabric slipped away and she kept her eyes closed for a little bit longer, blinking them open slowly. The only light in the bedroom was her little reading lamp but that was still bright to her eyes until they adjusted.

Gibbs knelt on the bed, facing her. He'd undressed and just like the last time, Abby's mouth went dry at the sight of him. "I want you to suck me off," he said, tracing her lips. "If you want me to use a condom, I will."

She didn't even need to think about it before she shook her head. "It's all right, sir," she said. "May I?"

He nodded.

Abby bent forward and took him into her mouth, sucking him eagerly. His hand rested on her neck, gently guiding her but not pushing her down. She couldn't take him all the way into her throat, but she took in as much of him as she could, swallowing around him, using her tongue, her lips, every trick she knew. God, she loved this.

Gibbs groaned deep in his throat. "That's it," he said thickly. "Make me come, pretty girl."

She kept working his cock, bobbing her head. Her cheeks hollowed as she sucked him harder, until she had to back off a moment to breathe and swallow. Her jaw ached but she ignored it; it didn't matter. She wanted him--needed him--to come. That was the important thing.

His hand tightened in her hair and he groaned, thrusting up once into her mouth as he came. Abby swallowed, licking her lips as she raised her head. "Did I--"

"Yes," he said, stroking her cheek. "Good girl."

She ducked her head, blushing with pleasure. Out of the corner of her eye, she saw Gibbs move to sit against the headboard. He held out a hand. "Come here, pretty girl," he said.

Abby blinked, hesitating just for a moment.

"Come here, pet," he repeated. She took his hand and he pulled her into his lap, kissing her hard. He reached down to squeeze her cunt, his fingers pushing into her and his thumb rubbing her clit. "Come for me," he whispered. "Come on my fingers, just like this. All pliant and supple and willing to do anything for me--come for me, pretty girl, show me how much you want this."

She moaned, her head falling back. "Oh--I--oh--oh God--" Orgasm slammed into her so hard her world greyed out and she wasn't even sure if she'd screamed.

From the slight smile on Gibbs' face when she opened her eyes, she had.

"C'mere, pretty girl," he murmured, getting them under the covers and holding her close. "C'mere."

She was utterly wrecked, exhausted physically and emotionally, and for a long while she just buried her face in his shoulder and shook in his arms, letting him hold her and murmur to her. "I've got you," he said over and over again, stroking her hair. "Just let it go."

"Thank you," she whispered finally, not looking up. "I--I'll be--"

"Asleep in a minute," Gibbs said, turning off the light. "Did you think I was leaving?"

"I didn't--I wasn't sure you wanted--" Abby blushed.

He kissed her forehead. "Sleep, pretty girl. I've got you."

With a little sigh, she did as she was told.






End Notes:
I swore I'd never write the first one. We saw how well that turned out...and now it has a sequel. Help me.
Involuntary Reaction by blueraccoon
Author's Notes:
That's my girl.

You get three times. Abby's hands were steady as she capped the solvent bottle and put it away before throwing out her gloves. She went to her computer, pulling up the test results, managing to look completely calm and professional on the outside--well, as much as she ever did. Next time seals it.

Two weeks ago, and she hadn't been able to stop thinking about it, about that night. The embarrassment of falling apart like that had faded, replaced by the memory of the warmth and safety she'd felt in his arms. God, she wanted that again, but...did she really want it to be for real?

Next time, you're mine. A shudder ran through her and she swallowed.

"Hey, everything okay?" Tony came around the corner; Abby nearly jumped before taking the Big Gulp he held out.

"Yeah, everything's fine. Solvent fumes getting to me." She sucked down some of the soda and put it down on the counter. "What's going on upstairs?"

"Same old, same old. Gibbs is on his fourth cup of coffee, Kate's got a bee in her bonnet about something, and McGee..." Tony rolled his eyes. "I'm waiting for Gibbs to send him down here to fiddle around with Petty Officer Stuart's computer, since he's all but useless upstairs."

"You're too hard on him," Abby said mildly. She took another long pull of the soda and turned back to her computer. "He really is smart, you know."

"And once he stops being afraid of his own shadow, he'll be a good agent." Tony shrugged. "He's getting better."

"Mm-hmm. So...four cups of coffee? That doesn't bode well."

"No, and I don't know why. Something's on his mind."

Third time's the charm, a little voice whispered in Abby's brain. She shrugged. "It's probably just a Gibbs thing. You know how he is."

"Yeah. Anyway--you having any luck with Stuart's personal effects?"

"They're over on the table. Haven't found much yet but I haven't gone over them in any detail." Abby nodded toward the row of bags. "Feel free."

"Thanks." Tony pulled on a pair of gloves and began sorting through them, quiet for the moment. "Hey, Abs," he said after a minute.

"Yeah?"

"You know you can talk to me if something's going on, right?" Tony looked up at her. "I mean--Kate can say what she wants, but you know you can talk to me. Right?"

Abby put down her soda and turned around. "I know. But why are you bringing this up?"

Tony looked worried for a moment. "I don't want you getting in over your head," he said finally. "And--well--"

"I'm a big girl, Tony. I can take care of myself." Despite her words, Abby was worried. What did Tony know--and how did he know it? This did not bode well.

"I know that, but..." Tony sighed. "Look, Abs, I may be entirely off base here. But you've been acting just a little different over the past few weeks, and I'm not so blind as to see it's mostly around Gibbs. I'm not asking what happened, I don't want or need to know unless you decide to tell me. But I don't want you to get yourself into something you can't get out of."

For a long moment, she just stared at him, unable to think of anything to say. "How much do you know?" she asked hoarsely.

"I don't. Not for certain. I just know that something's going on, and it involves you and Gibbs. And I know how you play, and..." Tony grimaced. "I've been around the scene long enough to recognize a Dom when I see one--not that it's exactly hard to miss."

"It was only twice," she whispered.

"So far." Tony put down the bag he was pretending to study. "What happens next time?"

Next time, you're mine. "I...I don't think there's going to be a next time," Abby said shakily.

He just looked at her.

"Oh God, Tony..." Abby slumped against the counter. "Three times, he said. Three times, and..."

"And it's been two already." Tony came around the table to her. "Abby, do you have any idea what you're doing?"

She shook her head. "I don't have a clue. And I don't know whether to run away and never come back...or..."

"How much do you want it?" Tony asked.

Abby closed her eyes, remembering the feel of his hands on her skin. His mouth. The even, measured way he'd spoken to her, telling her what he wanted from her. "I'm in trouble," she whispered. "Tony, I'm in so much trouble."

"Want a hug?"

With a sigh, she stepped forward, resting her forehead against his shoulder. He held her for a long moment before kissing her head and letting go. "If it's what you want, then be happy," Tony said quietly. "If it's not what you want, then don't let him talk you into it."

"He won't," Abby said, shaking her head. "He's left it up to me both times."

"Good." Tony smiled a little. "Be happy, Abs. If this is what you want, then be happy."

"DiNozzo!" There was no mistaking that bark; Abby jumped before turning back to her computer. "I sent you down here fifteen minutes ago. What are you still doing here?"

"I had to ask Abby a question about some evidence, Boss," Tony said blithely. "You need me upstairs?"

Gibbs just looked at him. Tony grinned. "Right." He didn't quite duck Gibbs' cuff upside the head on his way out of the lab.

"How's that coming?" Gibbs asked, nodding at the computer.

She grimaced. "It's kind of hinky. Whoever handled this computer after Stuart did something to the hard drive and it's taking me a while to un-wipe the wipe. I can do it, but it's taking a little longer than I thought it would. Not to mention--"

"Abs," he interrupted. "Just tell me when it's done." Despite his words, he was smiling a little.

"Sorry, s--" Abby shook her head. "No problem."

"It's your choice," he said quietly. "Your decision."

She swallowed and turned to the monitor. "I know."

Gibbs rested a hand on her shoulder. "Take your time to think about it. I'm not going to make you make up your mind right this instant."

"What if I want you to?" she whispered.

"Abby..." Gibbs' voice was a little huskier than usual. "Don't, Abby. Don't force yourself into deciding something if you're not sure."

"I want this, Gibbs, but--" Abby swallowed. "What if you don't?"

Gibbs laughed softly. "Pretty girl, trust me that I want this." He kissed her temple. "I'm not asking you to marry me," he murmured. "I'm asking you if you want to be my girl."

She closed her eyes. "I need--I don't know--"

"Think about it," he said softly. "I'm not asking you for a decision right now." He kissed her temple again. "You know where I'll be tonight."

The rest of the day passed somehow; Abby wasn't entirely sure how. She knew she wasn't working up to her usual standard; fortunately, nothing they were dealing with was insanely urgent and if she had to, she could redo some of her tests tomorrow. And fortunately for her sanity, Gibbs stayed away from her the rest of the day, as did Kate.

Tony came down to the lab around seven, as she was getting ready to leave. "Walk you to your car?" he offered.

"Sure." She grabbed her coat and slung her bag over her shoulder, bumping against Tony as they headed to the elevator.

"What'd you decide?" he asked, hitting the button.

She waited until they were inside to say anything. "He gave me an invitation. If I go to his place tonight..." Abby shrugged. "I don't know what'll happen if I don't."

"Are you going?"

Slowly, she nodded. "Yeah. I am."

"Just be careful, Abby. And I'm not talking about condoms."

Abby leaned up and kissed him on the cheek. "I will. I promise."

The drive to Gibbs' house went by in a blur, but she didn't see his car when she parked outside. With a mental shrug, she walked up to the front door; unsurprisingly, it was unlocked. There was a light on in the kitchen, but the rest of the house was dark. "Gibbs?" she called.

No one answered, and when she peeked her head down the basement stairs no one was there. Then she saw the note on the kitchen counter, written in Gibbs' distinctive handwriting.

Last-minute lead on a case. I'll be back when I can. Make yourself comfortable, pretty girl--there's food in the fridge.

She smiled a little and went to the fridge, pulling out sandwich makings, along with a bottle of water. When she was done eating, she wiped down the counter and threw out her trash, stifling a yawn. God, but she was tired.

It was more effort than she wanted to think about to go upstairs and get out of her clothes, falling down on the neatly made bed. She grabbed a spare pillow and curled around it, closing her eyes without even bothering to turn off the light.



By the time he got home, it was after eleven and he was honestly surprised to see Abby's car in front of his house. He let himself in and--for once--locked the door behind himself before taking a quick look around downstairs. She wasn't there, although the light was still on in the kitchen.

The thought of food wasn't appetizing, but water sounded too good to pass up. He took a bottle out of the fridge and twisted off the cap, drinking long and deep. Once his thirst was quenched for the moment, he took another bottle out and closed the fridge. She wasn't downstairs, and he doubted she was in the basement, which meant she was upstairs.

And sure enough, she was curled up on his bed, her hair fanned out against the pillows, sound asleep. She'd undressed, her clothes piled in a heap in the corner. Gibbs smiled, shaking his head. "Pretty girl," he murmured. "My pretty girl."

He pulled his shirt and his undershirt off, tossing them into the hamper as he kicked off his socks and shoes and undid his belt. It slithered through the loops of his pants and he looked at it thoughtfully for a moment, imagining the red stripes it would leave against Abby's pale skin, before putting it down. Not tonight; not for a while, if last time was any indication. She needed careful handling; he'd need to get inside her head before he would take her that far.

When he finished undressing, he slid into bed behind her, drawing her into his arms. She sighed a little and snuggled back against him, her body soft and pliant under his touch. "Pretty girl," he murmured again, kissing her throat.

"Mmm..." Abby made a low sound, almost a purr, and stretched lazily. Gibbs knew the instant she woke up--she tensed all over before relaxing, realizing where she was. "Hi," she said shyly.

"Tired, pretty girl?" he asked, settling her more firmly against him.

"I was, sir. A little."

"It's all right. Do you want to go back to sleep?" What he had in mind could wait, and if she needed to sleep...

Abby shook her head. "I slept for a few hours, sir. I'm fine."

Gibbs kissed her throat again. "I like seeing you naked," he said softly. "When you're with me, you'll stay that way. Clothes off and legs open, pretty girl. Understand?"

"Yes sir," Abby whispered.

"I'm not a harsh master, pretty girl, but I do expect to be obeyed. I don't have many ground rules--break the ones I do and you won't like the consequences."

"Sir...what rules are there?" She sounded a little skittish, probably afraid he'd make her learn by trial and error.

"Not many. Clothes off, legs open. I expect obedience--I don't want a meek, timid girl in my bed, but push me too far and you'll regret it. And as long as you're my girl, your body is mine. You don't touch yourself, you don't come unless I give you express permission. I'll leave the games alone at work unless I think you need it." Gibbs kissed her temple. His hands stroked her breasts and her belly, light enough to be arousing, firm enough to be soothing. "That's about it. Understand?"

"Yes, sir," Abby whispered with a shiver. She arched into his touch, sighing a little.

"I'll take care of you," he said quietly. "I'll give you everything you need, so long as you're mine."

"And if--"

He didn't need to be a profiler to know what was going through her mind. "If it doesn't work, we can discuss it then. But I don't want you to worry about it. Just relax, pretty girl. Just relax. I've got you. I'll take care of you."

Abby sighed a little; some of the remaining tension eased out of her body. "Good girl," he murmured, kissing her temple again. "That's my girl."

She twisted in his arms, leaning back to kiss him. He let her, shifting her so she faced him, holding her close. His hand ran down her back and up again, closing around the back of her neck. Abby gasped, shivering, and when he tightened his grip she moaned.

"You have no idea what I want to do with you," he said softly. "No idea what I can do with you. You've played before, but that's all it was. You've been looking for something more for a long, long time, haven't you?"

Her lips parted slightly, her eyes falling closed. "That's it," Gibbs said, keeping his voice quiet and even. "Fall for me, pretty girl." He kissed her gently, his tongue flicking over hers.

She was down hard; he saw it from the subtle change in her breathing, the way her head fell back to expose her throat. He let go of her neck and ran his hands down her arms, pulling her wrists over her head and holding them. "I could cuff you like this," he said, squeezing her wrists. "Bind you like this, tie you to the bed, hold you down. But I'm not going to. Do you know why, pretty girl?"

Slowly, she shook her head. "No, Master," she whispered.

The honorific surprised him, probably more than it should have. She was his girl now, after all, and she knew what that meant. He smiled slightly and kissed her as a reward; she yielded to him eagerly. "I'm not going to tie you because you're going to hold still for me," he said, pulling back slightly. "No matter what I do to you, you're going to hold still. Move, and I'll punish you. Stay still, and I'll reward you. Understand, pretty girl?"

"Yes, Master." Abby shivered a little, licking her lips instinctively.

Gibbs kissed her again, hard and deep, shifting his grasp on her wrists so he had one hand free and the other was wrapped around her thumbs, holding them in place. He rolled her onto her back, nipping at her jaw, her throat, smiling to himself at the way she shuddered under his touch. "Mine," he whispered against her skin.

Her legs fell apart and she arched under him, whimpering softly. He could feel her heat, smell the musk from her arousal; it made his mouth water. "Hold on to the headboard, pretty girl," he told her. "And don't move." Another time, he'd let her move, let her writhe under him and squirm under his touch, but not tonight. This was about control.

He slid down her body, kissing her breasts, tugging each rose-colored nipple between his teeth. Abby gasped when he did; she tensed but didn't move. Gibbs smiled to himself at the feel of her body going taut under him. He honestly wasn't sure she'd be able to keep still. If she didn't, they'd have to work on her control. If she did, they'd be free to work on other things.

When he reached her stomach, he nuzzled her skin, kissing her belly button and making her giggle. On a whim, he ran his fingers up her ribs and made her bite back a shriek, trembling with the effort not to move.

So. She was ticklish. Always a good thing to know.

He moved down a little more, spreading her legs wider, his hands on her thighs to keep her there. "Oh God," Abby whispered, apparently realizing what he was going to do.

"Don't move," he reminded her, right before he bent his head between her legs.

She tasted of salt and musk, silky wet heat on his tongue. He flicked his tongue over her clit, enough to tease, enough to make her whimper. No more than that. Not yet.

He took his time with her, tasting her, licking her, drinking her in a little more each time. He heard her whimpering, moaning, felt her shivering as she tried to stay still. "Please--Master, please--" Her husky voice was raspy now, ragged with need. "Master--"

Gibbs scraped his teeth over her clit in response; Abby cried out and her thighs flexed under his hands before she forced herself to lie back. He raised his head, licking his lips. "I told you not to move," he reminded her. "Am I going to have to tie you?"

"No, Master, I'll stay still, I promise..." Abby's hands were clenched so tightly around the headboard her knuckles were white. There was a fine sheen of sweat over her skin and her face was flushed.

"Don't promise something you can't do." He nipped her thigh as a warning. "Don't lie to me, pretty girl. If you can't do something, if I've given you an order you honestly can't obey, tell me. I'll push you, but not past what you can handle. Understand?"

She nodded shakily. "Yes, Master."

He knelt up between her legs, leaning down to kiss her. With one hand, he braced himself over her; his other slid down her body, between her legs, rubbing her clit lazily. "Don't come," he said softly. "Not until I'm inside you."

Abby whined a little in frustration, biting her lip. She didn't beg--smart girl, Gibbs thought with an inward smile. She wanted to, but she didn't.

Damn, but he was going to have fun with her.

Much as he'd have liked to draw things out, this wasn't a night for that. He was tired, she was probably exhausted, and it was better to save some things until after they'd discussed limits in a bit more detail. So he leaned down to kiss her again, nibbling at her lips, teasing her tongue with his own.

"Pretty girl," he whispered against her mouth. "My pretty girl."

Abby sighed a little, pressing as closely against him as she could. "Master," she breathed.

The condoms were in his nightstand; he had to pull his hand away from her clit to reach them and take one out before sitting back to open it and roll it on. "Move with me," he said softly. "Move with me, come for me...don't hold back now, pretty girl. Give me everything."

With one smooth push, he entered her. Abby cried out, arching under him. Her body was taut with need already and he knew it was going to take almost nothing to make her come. Then again, he could say the same for himself. His control was slipping already.

She wrapped herself around him, her legs around his hips and her nails scratching his back. Every time he thrust into her she clenched around him, shuddering and twisting. "Oh God--oh God--" Her breath caught in her throat; she was panting for air, every inhalation a desperate whine. "Oh--oh God--"

He was going to have nail marks in his skin for days from the way she dug in when she came, but damn if it didn't feel good. He kissed her again, hard and demanding, drinking in her soft moans as he drove her toward climax again. "C'mon, pretty girl," he murmured. "Come for me." He wasn't going to last much longer and he needed her to break before he let himself fall over that edge.

With a near-scream, she came again, her body going limp under his. Gibbs closed his eyes and let the demands of his body overtake him, pushing him harder and faster until he groaned and came inside her, his heart pounding.

He stayed inside her for a little while, just enjoying the feel of her around him. When he pulled out of her body, Abby made a soft sound of protest. He smiled and leaned down to kiss her before getting rid of the condom. "Pretty girl," he said softly.

She was completely out of it. Her eyes were closed, her body was lax against the bed, and he could see from her breathing that she was still floating. "Under the covers, pretty girl," he told her, pulling them back. "C'mon."

Abby didn't move; he wasn't sure she'd even heard him. Gibbs chuckled softly and moved her, tucking her in. He slid in next to her and turned off the light before drawing her against him, kissing her forehead. "My girl," he murmured, stroking her hair. "Mine."




End Notes:
Third. Last. I'm done. Sequel to Pavlovian Response and Behavioral Conditioning. Gibbs set me up for this one in the last fic, damn him, so I had to write this. And now that I've gotten it out of my system, I'm going back to my slash.
Control Theory by blueraccoon
Author's Notes:
I don't want her to get hurt.

Tony looked nervous. This wasn't a good thing. Tony almost never looked nervous.

Tony was walking toward him, which didn't bode well either. "DiNozzo? You got something for me?" he asked gruffly.

"Yeah. Kind of." Tony looked around at the dark, empty office. "You got a second?"

Gibbs leaned back in his chair. "What's on your mind, DiNozzo?" he asked.

He wasn't sure he'd ever seen Tony look quite that blend of nervous and determined before. "It's about Abby," Tony said abruptly.

Oh, shit. He should have known Tony would pick up on this. Kate hadn't, and he wasn't surprised by that; she didn't know enough about the scene and wouldn't think of him and Abby together even if she did. But Tony...Tony knew enough. And he was perceptive enough to pick up on the changes. "Have you talked to her?" he asked, keeping his voice and his body language neutral.

"Yeah. Before she went to your place the third time." Tony shoved his hands into his pockets. "I told her to be careful." He shook his head a little. "I don't want her to get hurt."

"You think--"

"No. I didn't say that. But you work together, and it...it could get sticky, if things don't--" Tony sighed. "Look, Boss. If this is what she wants--if this is what you want--then I'm not going to stand in your way. I don't want to come between you."

Although that could be interesting...Gibbs shook off the mental detour. "So why are you talking to me?" he asked.

"Because I care about Abby." Tony looked down at the floor before meeting Gibbs' eyes. "I trust you with my life when we're in the field. I always have. But my trusting you with my life isn't the same as trusting you as a Dom. I'm sure you're careful, and I'm sure Abby's smart enough to get herself out of a bad situation. I just don't want her to hold out because it's you."

"And you're worried because I'm her boss," Gibbs said evenly.

"Wouldn't you be? If I was sleeping with Marcia, down in Records--wouldn't you be worried about that?"

He had a point, much as Gibbs didn't want to admit it. "I didn't push her into anything," Gibbs said, sidestepping the issue. "And if you're half as smart as you think you are, you'd know that."

"Gibbs, I'm not saying you did. I don't think you did. I'm just concerned for Abby's sake."

"Does she know you're talking to me?" Gibbs asked.

"No." Tony sighed. "No. I talked to her before--well, before this all started." He gestured wordlessly. "And she'd probably be pretty pissed at me if she knew now."

"Yeah, she would," Gibbs said with a nod. "I'm not. But she would be."

"I'm not sure if that's a good thing or a bad thing," Tony said warily. "Why aren't you pissed?"

"Because I understand where you're coming from," Gibbs told him. "Doesn't mean I'm thrilled about it, but I understand."

"I just...don't want her to get hurt." Tony managed a faint grin. "Well, personal preferences aside."

"Do I want to know how you know about hers?"

It was too dark for him to see the exact emotion that flashed over Tony's face, but Gibbs would have bet it was embarrassment mixed with...something else. "I don't," Tony said, looking down at his shoes. "It's not like I've ever slept with her. Or you. Or--okay, I'm going to shut up now."

As always, it was about two sentences too late. Gibbs hid the smile and stood up. "Did you ever want to?" he asked casually.

"Yes. No. Wait." Tony groaned. "I plead the Fifth."

"You're not on trial, DiNozzo."

"Doesn't matter. I reserve the right not to incriminate myself for fear of homicide."

"I won't kill you," Gibbs said mildly.

"It's not you I'm worried about." Tony smiled, looking more than a bit sheepish. "Abby's dangerous when she's mad."

"I'll talk to her." Gibbs came around from behind his desk. "If you're worried about her, Tony, talk to her. I don't own her."

"Don't you?" Tony asked quietly. "I've gotta go." He left before Gibbs could say anything else.

Alone in the office, Gibbs looked up at the ceiling and swore. He had to talk to Abby. Now.

She was curled up in his bed when he got home, her hair damp and a few beads of water still on her shoulders from the shower. "Hi," she said softly, stretching and rolling onto her back.

He leaned down to kiss her, tangling one hand in her hair and pulling her head back. "Hey there, pretty girl," he murmured. "Have a good shower?"

"Mmm." She reached for him eagerly. "You have a wonderful hot water heater."

Gibbs laughed and kissed her throat. "Pretty girl," he whispered against her skin.

She shivered, already beginning to fall for him. "Yours, Master," she said softly.

It was tempting to take her down, watch her fall apart in his arms, but...Gibbs sighed and kissed her again before pulling back. "I need you to come up for me a bit, Abby," he said with more than a bit of reluctance. "Come on up to normal."

She groaned. "Why?"

"I need to talk to you about something."

As he'd half-feared, that got her attention faster than anything other than a Big Gulp could have. "What?" she demanded, sitting up. "We've only been doing this for two weeks, Gibbs, you can't possibly tell me--"

"Abby," he interrupted, holding up his hand. "I'm not telling you it's over."

"Oh." She slumped a little in relief. "So...what are you telling me?"

"Tony came by to talk to me before I left work tonight," Gibbs said carefully. "He knows."

Abby groaned again and buried her face in her hands. "He knew last time," she said, muffled through her fingers. "He told me--" She sighed. "He told me that he wanted me to be happy, but he wanted me to be sure this was what I wanted. I told him it was, and I'd be careful."

"I know. And he came to me tonight and told me that while he believes you can get yourself out of a bad situation, and while he trusts me with his life, it's not the same as trusting me to take care of you. He doesn't want you to get hurt."

"He should have talked to me," Abby muttered. "He's not my father. He doesn't--"

"He's your friend, Abs, and he cares about you. Don't get mad at him." Gibbs sighed, kicking off his shoes. "The problem is that he knows enough about the scene and how things can go wrong to be concerned. And he doesn't know enough about me as a Dom, or you as a sub, to be easy about it."

"I think he saw something when he was in Philadelphia," Abby admitted. "We were talking once, just random stuff, and he made a comment about seeing something go wrong." She grimaced. "Although I wouldn't be surprised if it had happened to him."

"You think he got into something he couldn't handle?" Gibbs asked curiously.

"I think maybe someone took advantage of him. Tony's no fool--he'd have safeworded if he needed to--but maybe someone didn't respect that. Or maybe he couldn't safeword for some reason. But...yeah. I think he's wary of the scene now. He doesn't show it, but..." Abby shrugged. "He picked up on you and me really fast--he knew what to look for, and I don't think he was trying. And the whole time I was talking to him, he was so not comfortable. I think he got burned, big time."

"What do you want to do about it?" Gibbs stood, beginning to get undressed.

"God, I don't know." Abby fell over backwards on the bed. "Seduce him?"

He froze with his shirt half-off and his belt undone. "What?" he said, trying to determine if he'd just heard what he thought he'd heard.

Abby giggled. "Well, it could work," she said thoughtfully. "You'd be a good Dom for him--you'd respect his limits, make sure you didn't go too far. And I switch, sometimes. I could ease him into it."

"Abby...I am not sleeping with Tony to make him feel better about the fact that I'm sleeping with you."

There was dead silence in the room for a moment. Then Abby dissolved into laughter, and if she hadn't been lying down Gibbs was pretty sure she'd have fallen over. "Oh, man," she managed finally, wiping tears out of her eyes. "That's just...oh, man."

Gibbs rolled his eyes and tossed his pants into the hamper. "What do you want to do about him, Abs?" he asked, sitting down on the bed again.

"I still like the seducing him idea. He's not going to be comfortable until he understands the dynamic here, and he's not going to do that without being part of it."

"Why do we want to make him comfortable about this?"

"Because he's my friend, and your best agent, and if he gets too uncomfortable he'll leave. He did it in Peoria, Philly, Baltimore...I don't want him to leave us." Abby poked him in the thigh. "I want him to stick around, Gibbs. And it isn't exactly like I've never thought about it."

"You thought about sex with Tony?" Gibbs asked in surprise.

"Well, der. Didn't you?"

Being with Abby was rather like life in Wonderland, Gibbs thought with a mental shake of the head. He sighed. "Abby--"

"What would you have done if he'd come to you?" Abby demanded. "Would you have said no?"

Yes. "No," he admitted quietly. "But he hasn't, and he's not going to. I won't push him like that."

"He's afraid you'll turn him down. Gibbs, the man has been in love with you since the day you recruited him. Which, amusingly enough, is about how long I've wanted to get into his pants." She smiled brightly.

"Come up with something else, Abby," Gibbs told her, a hint of steel in his voice.

Abby sighed. "Okay, okay. But seriously, Gibbs. We don't have to seduce him to make him understand. Just invite him over some night after work, let him see how it works. Just let me keep something on--if I'm not going to end up in bed with him, I don't want him to see me naked."

"Fair enough. I'll talk to him tomorrow, see if he wants to drop by when we're done. Unless we get a case."

"Well, yeah." Abby grinned. "I know how it works."

"Good." Gibbs settled himself against the headboard, legs stretched out in front of him. "Then come here and arrange yourself over my lap, pretty girl. Conversation's over."

She licked her lips, closing her eyes. "Yes, Master," she breathed before moving into position.



Work was quiet the next day; Gibbs couldn't decide if that was good or bad. A case would have kept him from having to worry about this situation with Tony. On the other hand, he wouldn't have had a chance to invite Tony over, and while he didn't particularly want to do that...he had to. Abby was right; Tony was clearly uncomfortable. Every time Tony glanced in his direction, there was an uncertain look in his eyes, one Gibbs didn't like at all.

"DiNozzo," he said at the end of the day, after Kate had left to go meet her lawyer boyfriend--or whoever it was this week.

Tony's head jerked up. "Yeah, Boss?"

"I talked to Abby last night."

"Ouch. How much longer do I have before she kills me?" Tony grimaced.

"I talked her out of it." Gibbs smiled faintly. "You owe me."

"I'll add it to the list." Despite the banter, Tony was fidgeting with a pen.

"What happened to you?" Gibbs asked suddenly. "Why--what did you get yourself into, Tony?"

"Boss, I have no idea what you're talking about." Tony pushed himself away from his desk and stood up. "It's late, I'm hungry, and I'd like to go home. See you tomorrow?"

"Come over," Gibbs offered. "I've got food at the house. Abby's probably there already. You can talk to her yourself."

"I...no. That's not a good idea. I'll catch you at work tomorrow."

"Tony." Gibbs stood and walked around his desk. "Come over." He kept his voice as gentle as he could.

Tony pulled on his jacket. "I just want to go home, Boss."

He gritted his teeth. "Tony," he said quietly. "For Abby. She's worried about you."

"Oh, nice." Tony glared at him. "You tell her I'm worried about her and then you tell me she's worried about me because you want me to come over so you can what, reassure me that everything's fine? Sorry, Boss, but it ain't gonna fly. You two go have your happy weird dynamic and leave me out of it."

"I can't, Tony. Not if it means losing you as an agent." From the way Tony jerked, Gibbs knew Abby had been right.

"I can't stay around and watch this," Tony said after a long moment. "Not--not the two of you."

"Which one of us?" Gibbs asked softly.

"Does it matter?"

The man has been in love with you since the day you recruited him. Abby's words echoed in his brain. "Tony...why didn't you--"

"And risk getting not only turned down, but thrown out?" Tony retorted without even giving him a chance to finish. "I'm only that stupid once, Gibbs."

He didn't have the words for this. "Just come over," he said quietly. "Just...talk to Abby."

"I can't," Tony whispered. "Gibbs, don't you get it? I might understand the dynamic but that doesn't mean I'm comfortable with it, and with you and Abby--I can't, okay?"

Before Gibbs answered, Tony was gone.

Shit.

"So where's Tony?" Abby demanded when he got home.

Gibbs went straight to the liquor cabinet, pouring himself a drink and tossing half of it back in one swallow. "I don't know what happened to him," he said tiredly. "But he doesn't want to deal with it. He doesn't want to deal with this, either."

"Idiot." Abby glared at the couch as if it had Tony sitting on it.

"No," Gibbs corrected her. "He wants something but he's not sure what it is, and he got burned by something that happened to him in his past. And now that you're my girl, he's staying far away to protect himself."

"He's still an idiot." Abby sighed and crossed to him, wrapping her arms around his waist and pressing her cheek against his back. "What are we going to do with him, Gibbs?"

He sipped his drink, feeling the alcohol's smooth burn. "There isn't much we can do, pretty girl," he said quietly. "If he feels this way, there isn't much we can do to change his mind--and I'm not even sure we have the right to do that."

She thumped her forehead against his back. "I want him to be comfortable," she whispered. "I want--"

Gibbs felt her shake her head. "You don't want to lose him as a friend," he said quietly. "Is his friendship worth giving--"

"No," she interrupted fiercely. "No. I'm not about to give up this because he's being a jerk. You tried your way. My turn."

"Abby, don't try to seduce him. It's not going to work."

"I won't," she promised. "I'm going to kick him in the head with my boots. The big ones."

Gibs sighed and scrubbed his fingers through his hair. "Do it after work, pretty girl," he told her. "I don't need him rabbiting on the job."

"Promise." Abby stretched up on tiptoe and kissed his cheek. "I'll wait."

"Good." He turned around and kissed her, squeezing the back of her neck gently. "Pretty girl," he murmured.

It never failed to surprise him, how fast she fell. All he had to do was squeeze her neck, or her wrists, or even say something in the right tone of voice, and she went down for him. "Master," she whispered, falling to her knees.



He didn't want to stop by the lab, but he couldn't quite make himself stay away. So he found a space in Abby's lab where he couldn't be seen and watched, wondering what his girl was going to say to Tony--and how Tony would react.

"Hey, Abs, what's up? You said you had something for me?" Tony asked; if Gibbs hadn't been looking for the wariness he'd never have found it.

"Mm-hmm." She snapped off her gloves and turned to look at him. "This." She slapped him across the face.

Tony stumbled back, one hand pressed to his cheek. "What the fuck was that?" he demanded.

"You asshole!" Abby shoved him back another couple of steps. "First you don't have the guts to come talk to me and then you ran away when Gibbs tried to talk to you. Damnit, Tony, why are you being such a jerk?"

She raised her hand again and Tony grabbed her wrist. "Don't," he said in a low voice. "And you know exactly--Abby, you know about Philadelphia, don't tell me you don't."

"I don't," she snapped. "I don't know what happened."

"Bullshit! You know exactly what happened--you mentioned it to me! Or don't you remember Kristen Peterman?"

The name didn't mean anything to Gibbs, but it obviously did to Abby. She gasped, stepping back. "Tony--that was--"

"Yeah," he said tightly. "That was me. So you tell me, Abby. Exactly how comfortable am I supposed to be here?"

"But--" Abby shook her head. "Gibbs isn't like that!"

"I didn't say he was. And I didn't say I'm afraid for you. But if you want me to be easy about this, if you want me to give you my blessing..." Tony closed his eyes. "I can't, Abby. I can't tell you that. I want you to be happy, but..." He shook his head. "I have to go, Abs. I'll...you be careful." He left in a hurry, almost walking through the doors before they opened.

"Damnit," Abby whispered when she was alone.

"Who's Kristen Peterman?" Gibbs asked quietly.

She jumped. "Don't do that!"

"Sorry." He kissed her forehead. "Who's Kristen Peterman?"

Abby sighed. "She's...bad news. About five, six years ago--well, if it was Tony, it'd have to be around six--there was this thing. In Philly. Apparently there was this Domme who..." Abby sighed. "She'd found a new sub, someone not all that experienced, and...it was a bad situation. She ended up putting him in the hospital with a broken collarbone and broken ribs, and she ended up in jail, and everyone within, like, five hundred miles freaked because the guy she hurt was a cop. Nick--a friend of mine--ran a private club, and he had to shut it down."

"And Tony was the cop?" Gibbs asked.

She nodded miserably. "Remember how he said there were extenuating circumstances when he left Philly? I'm guessing that was it."

"Was she a professional, or--"

"No," Abby said hastily. "I don't know the whole story, Gibbs, this is just what I've heard. She's, like, the boogeyman of the scene. We're all scared anytime something happens because it's all the cops see, is when things go wrong, and for someone to hurt a cop that badly? God." Abby sighed and leaned against him.

He put his arm around her shoulders, hugging her. "C'mon, pretty girl," he said softly. "Let's just go."

"Gibbs, I don't think I can--" Abby sighed. "Not tonight. I mean...I don't--" She groaned. "I can't play tonight, Gibbs. I'm not...I can't."

"Do you want company?" he asked, kissing the top of her head. "Just for the sake of it?"

He could almost see her wavering. "No," she said finally. "I think...I think I just want to be alone tonight."

"If you're sure." He didn't think it was the best idea, but he wasn't going to push.

"Yeah." Abby nodded. "I'll see you tomorrow, okay?"

"I'll walk out with you." Gibbs rested his hand in the small of her back as they headed out and was inwardly pleased to feel her lean into the touch. When they reached her car, he opened the door for her and leaned down to kiss her on the cheek. "Sleep well, pretty girl. Call me if you need me."

Abby smiled. "I will."

After she'd driven off, Gibbs stood in the parking lot for a moment before heading back upstairs. He had a name, a timeframe, and an idea. Now he wanted details.

"Shit," he muttered nearly two hours later. No wonder Tony was skittish.

According to both the newspaper articles and the police report, Kristen Peterman had been a tall, athletic woman--just shy of Tony's height. The police reports stated that there had been a domestic disturbance at her apartment and Tony had fallen down a flight of stairs trying not to hurt her. Reading between the lines, it looked like she'd beaten the crap out of him. The newspaper articles had "friends" quoted as saying she liked it rough, that she was into "weird stuff", etc.--comments which were carefully not anywhere near the official police report.

"So they knew but they didn't put it in," Gibbs mused out loud, leaning back in his chair. "And Tony probably left as soon as he could." He wasn't surprised; cops weren't exactly known for being friendly to alternative sexual lifestyles.

"A week after I got out of the hospital I turned in my resignation and moved," Tony said quietly out of the darkness.

He jerked upright. "What the hell are you doing here, DiNozzo?" he demanded.

Tony moved into the circle of light cast by his desk lamp. "I knew Abby would tell you what she knew, and then I knew you'd come looking for more information." He shrugged. "The reports don't tell the full story."

"They rarely do." Gibbs studied him for a long moment. Tony looked tired; his hair was disheveled and his tie was undone. His hands were shoved into his pockets and there was a slump to his shoulders Gibbs rarely saw. "What actually happened, Tony?"

"It's not a pretty story." Tony moved to his desk, turned on the light. He dropped into his seat, leaning back. "I was in Philly. Been there almost a year and a half, when I met this woman. Kristen. She was...a knockout. Tall, blonde, beautiful, with the kind of body--anyway." He shook his head. "Doesn't matter. I met her at a party a friend of mine was throwing. We hit it off, so we started dating. She..." Tony sighed. "I'd heard about the scene. And I knew a little. But I didn't know enough. And Kristen played...hard. I liked it, some, but the way she played...I didn't feel comfortable. It wasn't a game to her, it wasn't about pleasure, it was about inflicting pain. She was a hard-core sadist, and that wasn't...I didn't want that."

He paused, looking up at the ceiling. "I was planning on breaking it off. And then things got out of control. I'd gone to her place, and we..." Tony sighed. "It was a bad scene. She wasn't--it felt dangerous, and I needed to get out. I safeworded."

"She didn't listen," Gibbs said, putting the pieces together.

"No. It just made her angrier, and...I think she stopped when I blacked out, but I have no idea. I ended up with a fractured collarbone, three broken ribs, a concussion..." Tony shrugged. "She was gone by the time I came to. I got myself out of the restraints and called 911, and by the time everyone got there I'd managed to make it not look like what it was. Mostly."

"But you still left."

"The EMTs found me half-unconscious, sprawled out over my girlfriend's bed, beaten up. You tell me what they thought. My captain gave me a reference when I applied to Baltimore and avoided any mention of why I'd left because he didn't want it to reflect on the department." Tony pushed himself up in his chair. "So. Yeah. It was a bad situation."

"Sounds like it," Gibbs said as noncommittally as he could manage. "And you've stayed away from the scene since then."

"Can you blame me?" Tony got to his feet and snapped off his light. "Boss, I'm sure you'll take care of Abby. I'm sure she knows what she's doing more than I ever did, and I have no doubt you're not like Kristen. But you're both asking me to be comfortable with something that I just...can't."

"Sometimes the only way to get over something is to do it again," Gibbs pointed out. He paused, choosing his words carefully. "Maybe if you--"

"No," Tony said sharply. "No. Once was enough for me. Anyway, now you know. And if you'll excuse me, I'm going to go get drunk."

"We've got work tomorrow."

"I'll be sober by then." Tony's footsteps echoed on the floor as he headed for the elevator as fast as he could.

Gibbs rubbed a hand over his face and leaned back in his chair again. "Shit," he muttered again.



They caught a case at six in the morning--dead Marine floating face-down in a pool with his head in a plastic bag. "Charming," Tony muttered before turning on the cheer. "Kate, bring your bikini?"

She glared at him. "Depends, Tony. Did you bring a blindfold?"

"Enough," Gibbs interrupted. He didn't miss Tony's hidden wince; fortunately, Kate did. "Let's get him out of the pool and back to autopsy for Ducky."

The day was long and arduous and draining and was not made any easier by the storms rolling in throughout the afternoon. It wasn't until McGee put the pieces together around six that night that they caught a break and were able to get a suspect and an arrest. Finishing up the paperwork took them until eight and by that point they were all more than ready to go home.

Gibbs didn't ask and Abby didn't answer; she just followed him home, stripping out of her wet clothes as soon as they walked in the door and crawling into his lap on the couch. "Sometimes, life just sucks," she muttered, resting her head on his shoulder.

She wasn't talking about the case. Tony hadn't gone anywhere near her today, staying as far away as he possibly could. The few times he'd had to come to the lab he'd been tense and silent and had left as soon as possible.

"I know, pretty girl," he said, kissing her hair. "I know."

Thunder cracked outside and the flash of lightning shone through the curtains, illuminating Abby's pale skin. Gibbs traced the tattoo on her shoulderblade idly. "You hungry?" he asked.

She shook her head. "No."

He wasn't either.

They sat like that for a while, Abby snuggling against him, her body soft and warm even through his clothes. He stroked her back, her arms and legs, enjoying the feel of her against him.

There was a knock on the door that made them both start with surprise. Abby scrambled off Gibbs' lap, wrapping herself in the thick black robe she kept nearby, while he went to open it.

He probably shouldn't have been surprised to see Tony standing there, looking more than a bit bedraggled. His hair was soaked, his windbreaker was dripping, and his jeans were dark with water almost to the knee. Automatically, Gibbs looked past him to see his car and didn't find it.

"I walked," Tony said, swiping wet hair out of his eyes. "Can I come in?"

"Walked from where?" Gibbs asked, moving aside. Tony didn't live anywhere near him.

Tony shrugged. "Well, it was more like walked around. I parked around the corner about two hours ago, and I've just been...wandering since then. And eventually I ended up here. Hi, Abs," he said.

"You're soaked," she said, studying him. "Are you okay?"

"I noticed. And...I'm not sure." Tony grinned briefly. "Boss, you got somewhere I can hang this up?"

"Yeah. Here--give me your socks and shoes too." Gibbs took the drenched windbreaker and hung it over a coat tree, making sure there was a mat under it. "Why are you here, Tony?" he asked.

Tony sighed. "I...I came to apologize. To both of you."

Abby took his hand and tugged him into the living room, drawing him down on the couch. Quietly, Gibbs sat down on Tony's other side. Tony was facing Abby and didn't appear to notice him. "I understand why you're concerned," Abby told him. "But--Tony--this isn't like that."

"Abby..." Tony took a deep breath. "I know that. But I see you and Gibbs and I'm just so afraid that--" He shook his head. "What happens if you need to safeword?"

"I needed to, once," she said quietly. "And I didn't. And Gibbs stopped."

Tony twisted around in surprise. "You--"

"Did you think it was only the subs who had safewords?" Gibbs asked. He wasn't too surprised Tony hadn't thought of it.

"Kristen never..." Tony stopped, looked down at the worn brown fabric of the cocuh. "Kristen didn't do most things the way she should have," he said finally.

Abby squeezed his hand. "This isn't like that, Tony," she said again. "I promise."

He turned back to look at her. "I know. I do. I just..." He reached up to rub his collarbone absently. "It still hurts sometimes, you know?" he asked wryly. "When it rains, or the weather changes. Just an ache."

Abby reached up with her free hand to brush her fingers over his collarbone. "Trust me," she said softly. "And trust Gibbs."

"I"m trying," Tony said, catching her hand. "I am."

She leaned forward and kissed him gently. "Trust me now," she murmured.

"Abby," Gibbs said warningly.

"I--I think this is my cue to leave," Tony managed.

"Don't," Abby whispered. "Tony, don't--let me show you what it's really like, what it's supposed to be."

"Right, and he's going to let you?" Tony asked, sounding a little panicked and more than a little defensive. "Or--no, Abby. No. Don't do this to me."

Which one of us? --Does it matter? Gibbs rested a hand on Tony's shoulder. "If you want to stay," he said quietly, "it's up to you."

"Gibbs--" Tony's voice shook slightly.

"Please," Abby murmured. "Tony, please stay. We won't hurt you."

"There's more kinds of pain than physical," Tony managed. "And I want this too much to--" He shut up, shaking his head.

"We want you too," Abby told him gently. "This doesn't have to be a once-off, not unless you want it to be."

Tony was wavering; Gibbs could feel it in the trembling of his muscles, the way his hands clenched in his lap. But he didn't say a word. This had to be Tony's decision. Neither he nor Abby could push him into it or it wouldn't be fair.

He felt the exact moment when Tony chose. His muscles relaxed and he nearly fell back on Gibbs, who caught him and held him. "What's your safeword?" Gibbs asked quietly.

Tony closed his eyes. "I don't have one anymore," he said.

"Pick something different," Abby suggested. "Something you didn't use."

It was a moment or two before Tony spoke. "Peppermint," he said.

"And to slow down?"

Tony smiled a little. "Coffee," he said, almost shyly.

Gibbs laughed. "Nice." He kissed Tony's temple, shifting so Tony half-lay across his lap. "Relax and listen," he said, letting his voice drop into what Abby called Top-mode. "Just listen for now, okay?"

Tony nodded obediently.

"As long as you're here, you'll obey my rules. If I tell you to do something, you'll do it. If I tell you that from now on, you're to be naked as soon as you walk in the door, you will. If we decide to make this more than tonight, your body will be mine. You won't come without permission. But for tonight, I just want you to obey. Just do what I tell you."

"Yes sir," Tony whispered. He licked his lips absently.

Gibbs bent his head and kissed him, coaxing his mouth open, tasting him. Tony yielded, a little hesitantly. "Shh," Gibbs murmured against Tony's lips. "It's about pleasure, Tony. Nothing else."

Tony shivered slightly and turned his face into Gibbs' shoulder. "I don't think I can do this," he whispered.

"Do you want to?"

"I've wanted to for years," Tony said shakily. "I just don't know if I can."

Gibbs tipped his chin up and kissed him again, slow and deep. "You can," he said, voice quiet but firm. "Just relax, Tony. This is something new. And since when have you been afraid of that?"

"When you put it like that..." Tony managed a smile.

Gibbs stroked his hair; it was still damp. "Pretty girl," he said, looking up. "Drop the robe and help Tony get out of his clothes before he gets pneumonia."

He sat back and watched Abby shrug out of the robe, draping it over the back of the couch. Tony swallowed when he saw her nude and reached for her, but she laughed and pressed him back. "Just lie back, sexy," she teased.

She made a game out of it, playfully tugging on buttons and zippers and peeling his clothes off. Gibbs watched in amusement, noting the way Tony relaxed under her touch, pulling her down for a quick kiss that turned into something longer, more intimate. She knelt over him, her hair falling around her face, veiling his as well. When she raised her head, she was panting a little and Tony was mostly hard.

"Let's take this upstairs," Gibbs said quietly.

Abby grinned and slid off the couch. She reached for Tony's hands, pulling him to his feet. "C'mon," she said, leaning up to kiss him again.

Tony followed--he couldn't do anything else, really. Abby had his hand gripped firmly and unless he wanted to risk hurting her, there was no way he was going to pull free. Then again, Gibbs was fairly certain he didn't want to anymore.

He flipped on the bedside lamp when they got to the bedroom, leaving the overhead off. "Tony," he said, stroking his fingers down Tony's cheek. "Kiss me."

This time, Tony kissed him eagerly, relaxing into it without hesitation. Gibbs slid a hand into his hair; when the kiss ended, he pulled Tony's head back enough to expose his throat. "One last chance to say no," he warned Tony.

Tony swallowed. "I'm not saying no," he whispered.

Gibbs tightened his grip in Tony's hair. "My boy," he murmured. He bent his head to Tony's throat, teasing the skin with his tongue, nipping him where his neck met his shoulder. "Lie down," he said, releasing Tony.

His face was flushed and he nearly stumbled backwards before his knees hit the bed and he fell onto it. He moved to roll onto his stomach, but Gibbs shook his head. "On your back," he said quietly. He'd have to see later if Tony could stand being restrained.

Without looking, he held out a hand for Abby. She took it, letting him draw her in against his body. "Pretty girl," he said, stroking her face and her throat with his free hand. "Are you sure?"

She nodded. "Yes, Master," she said, arching into the caress.

Gibbs smiled and traced a line down her throat, her arm, circling her wrist with his fingers. He pulled her wrists behind her back, pinning them. "My girl," he said evenly.

Abby shuddered. "Yours, Master."

He bent his head and kissed her, hard. She moaned into the kiss, pressing against him as closely as she could.

"Don't move," he warned her, right before his hand slid between her legs. Abby gasped but managed to stay still, swallowing hard.

She was already wet, heat soaking into his fingers where he held her. "This turns you on?" he murmured, his thumb sliding a little inside to rest against her clit. "You like having Tony here?"

Abby managed a nod.

He smiled faintly. "Why is that, pretty girl? Do you want to show off for him? Want to show him what you'll do for me, what I'll make you do? Do you want to see him on his knees?"

A quick glance at the bed showed him that Tony was watching them intently. His face was flushed, his hands curled at his sides. "You like my pretty girl?" he asked, toying idly with Abby's clit.

Tony nodded jerkily. "Y-yes, sir," he said thickly.

Gibbs smiled. "I do too." He kissed Abby again briefly and released her with one final squeeze. "On the bed, pretty girl," he told her. "Play with Tony a bit--but don't touch his cock."

She nodded. "Yes, Master."

"And Tony?"

"Sir?" Tony asked, looking a bit nervous.

"Don't move."

He undressed slowly so he could enjoy the sight of the two of them. Abby crawled over Tony, letting her body slide against his, straddling his hips. Gibbs saw Tony almost try to reach for her before remembering.

Good.

Abby stretched out over Tony, her breasts rubbing against his chest. She kissed him, lazily, teasing him again and again. Her fingernails ran up and down his arms, down his sides and making him nearly roll over with laughter. "Don't--Abby--"

She laughed and nipped his collarbone. "Ticklish, Tony?"

He glared at her.

"Both of you, behave," Gibbs said mildly. He sat down on the bed, stroking his fingers through Tony's hair. "I don't want to have to punish either of you tonight."

Tony looked embarrassed; Abby just blushed and looked down. "Sorry, Master," she said softly.

He kissed her, his mouth lingering on hers. "Hands behind your back," he said, stroking her breasts. "You can stay where you are."

She nodded, instantly linking her hands behind her back.

"Arms over your head," Gibbs told Tony. "Hold on to the headboard."

Tony moved, wrapping his hands around the wooden slats. He closed his eyes, swallowing. He looked a little nervous and a lot turned on and Gibbs had to smile, seeing him like that. He leaned down and kissed Tony gently. "Will you be all right if I blindfold you?" he asked.

"I--I think so, sir," Tony said.

"If you're not, tell me." Gibbs opened the nightstand drawer and took out the blindfold, fastening it carefully. Tony swallowed again, but didn't tense up at all.

Gibbs stroked a hand down Tony's chest, amused at the way the muscles flexed under his touch. Tony's nipples hardened and he shivered a little. "Responsive, aren't you?" Gibbs murmured in amusement.

Tony looked like he wasn't sure how to answer that statement.

"Relax," Gibbs told him again. "Just relax. I'll take care of you."

"Yes sir," Tony whispered.

He did settle back against the bed, breathing deeply and easily. Gibbs nodded in approval and kissed him again.

Briefly, he thought about telling Abby to get the cuffs, but decided against it. He wanted her to stay still, wanted her to feel Tony's body and Tony to feel her where she knelt over him. So he got off the bed himself, taking two pairs of leather cuffs out of the toybox.

Abby shivered a little when he cuffed her hands behind her back, her head dropping forward. "Be a good girl and I'll let Tony fuck you," he whispered in her ear.

She whimpered a little. "I'll behave, Master, I promise," she said eagerly.

He laughed and slapped her ass. "Good girl."

Tony didn't seem to have even noticed the exchange. He was down, deep inside his own head; Gibbs was sure he was floating. But when he wrapped the cuffs around Tony's wrists, threading the chain through the headboard, Tony panicked. "No--please, don't, don't--"

He'd either forgotten he could safeword or was too scared to think of it. Abby scrambled off him instantly and Gibbs got the cuffs off him, helping him sit up and take off the blindfold. "Easy," he murmured, stroking Tony's back. "Easy, it's okay, it's just us. No one's going to hurt you."

Tony was trembling in his arms. "I can't--please, I'll stay still, just don't--"

"Shh," Gibbs murmured, kissing his temple. "It's okay. It's okay, Tony. I should have realized myself."

Tony shook his head, pressing against him. "I can't--not now. I can't stand being tied like that."

Damnit. Gibbs cursed himself inwardly, although he continued to hold Tony and soothe him. He should have known Tony wouldn't be able to handle being restrained. Not now, not until they had established more trust, more security for him.

Abby crawled over, kissing Tony's shoulder and his neck. "It's okay," she whispered. "It's okay, Tony."

"I'm sorry," he whispered.

"Don't apologize. We'll just know for next time."

"Next time?" Tony looked completely dumbfounded. "But I thought--"

"This time isn't over yet," Gibbs told him. "And unless you don't want there to be one, there will be a next time."

"Oh." He swallowed. "But I just--"

"You had a minor freak-out," Abby said matter-of-factly. "It happens. You should have seen me the first time someone tried tight bondage. I nearly passed out from hyperventilating."

"Tight bondage?" Gibbs raised an eyebrow and she blushed.

"I started liking it after a bit," she admitted.

He'd have to remember that.

"So...now what?" Tony asked tentatively.

Gibbs kissed him, teasing him, stroking him until he groaned deep in his throat. "Now we go back to this," Gibbs said, nipping his lower lip. "Okay?"

Tony swallowed. "Okay."

"Lie down again," Gibbs told him. "On your back. Hold on to the headboard. I won't tie you, but I don't want you to move."

"Yes sir." Tony settled himself against the bed again, stretching his arms over his head.

"Pretty girl," Gibbs said with a smile. "Kneel over him. I want you to feel his cock against your ass."

She moved eagerly, shivering when she settled herself.

"Isn't she beautiful?" Gibbs asked Tony. He stroked Abby's breasts, her stomach, trailing his fingers over her thighs. "So pretty and pliant. She'll do anything I tell her. And she loves it. Look at the way she's all flushed--you can probably feel her heat against you, so wet it's on your skin. It wouldn't take much to make her come--wouldn't take anything at all, really. If I told her, she'd come right now." He smiled a little, caressing Abby's back. "Do you want to fuck my pretty girl, Tony? Do you want to feel her around you, tight and wet and hot, riding you until you come inside her?"

Tony had to lick his lips twice before he could answer. "Please, sir," he managed. "Please."

"And if I let you have her--will you let me have you, Tony? Will you get on your hands and knees for me, let me take you?"

He wasn't asking lightly and from the way Tony went still on the bed, he knew it. All three of them were motionless, waiting for Tony's response.

Tony closed his eyes, shuddering. "Anything," he breathed. "Anything you want, sir."

Gibbs smiled. "My boy," he said, stroking Tony's hair. "My beautiful boy."

"Yours, sir," Tony said softly. He turned his head into the caress.

Abby made a soft sound he couldn't identify, but when Gibbs glanced at her she was grinning. "Told you so," she said impudently.

He'd tan her hide for that later.

Instead, for the moment he got out a couple of condoms. Before he opened one, he wrapped his hand around Tony's cock, feeling the warmth and the weight of it. It twitched in his hand and when he rubbed his thumb over the head, it came away wet with pre-come. "Open your eyes," he told Tony. "I want you to watch."

"Yes, sir." Tony opened his eyes, licking his lips at the sight of Gibbs kneeling next to him with a condom packet in his hand. Gibbs grinned and traced the packet over his lips, down his chest, past Abby to his hips. He ripped it open and took out the condom, rolling it on carefully. Tony groaned deep in his throat.

"Ready, pretty girl?" Gibbs murmured to Abby.

"Please, Master," she begged eagerly.

He laughed and nipped her throat. "I'll punish you later," he warned her. "But I'm being generous tonight."

"Thank you, Master." Abby grinned and kissed him.

With her hands cuffed behind her, she couldn't get the leverage to take Tony inside her. He settled his hands on her hips and lifted her up, easing her down slowly. Both Abby and Tony moaned; Abby's head fell back and Tony's hands clenched around the headboard.

Gibbs helped her begin to move, bracing her the way she needed so she could create her own rhythm. She kept it slow at first, shivering and biting her lip. Her arms pulled at the cuffs and she whimpered, trying to get more. "Please," she begged. "Master, please, I need more..."

"You need what I give you," he reminded her, holding her hips steady. "Nothing more."

Abby moaned. "Master..."

He nipped her shoulder sharply. "Like this, pretty girl," he said evenly. "Just like this."

She whimpered. "Yes, Master."

Gibbs kept his hands on her hips, gentling his hold. Abby kept the rhythm slow, easy, rolling her hips. With the way Gibbs knelt behind her, his cock rubbed against her ass as she moved on Tony. Caught between the two of them, she could only moan.

The small, analytical part of Gibbs' brain noted that for future reference. Maybe one of these days, they'd put her in the middle for real. But not tonight.

Tony was panting for breath, arching up every time Abby moved. "God--Abby--" His voice was husky, low with need. "More--please, sir, more..."

Gibbs kissed Abby's shoulder, over the little bite mark. "Do it, pretty girl," he told her. "Move the way you need."

"Thank you, Master," she said breathlessly.

"Tony," Gibbs said.

"Sir?" Tony nearly groaned the word.

"Don't come. Not until I'm inside you."

Tony made a low, helpless sound. "Yes, sir," he managed.

Abby was moving hard and fast now, every inhalation a whine for air. "Oh God--oh--Master, please, I--"

He tugged her earlobe between his teeth. "Come," he whispered.

She cried out, arching back. Gibbs let her calm down just enough before he reached around and rubbed her clit just right and she screamed again, falling forward onto Tony. Gibbs caught her before she landed on him and eased her off, uncuffing her wrists and settling her on her side. He stroked her face gently and she kissed his fingers.

Tony was trembling, flushed from forehead to collarbone. "Please--sir, please..."

Gibbs peeled off the condom and kissed him deeply. "Hands and knees," he said as evenly as he could. His self-control wasn't boundless and he was starting to feel the limits. Fortunately, Tony scrambled to all fours as fast as he could move.

The lube was in the nightstand drawer; Gibbs snagged it and moved to kneel behind Tony, kissing the small of his back as he did. "How long has it been for you?" he asked, opening the tube.

"A few years, sir."

It didn't surprise him. It just meant he'd have to be careful.

He slicked his fingers generously, pressing one inside Tony slowly. Tony was vise-tight around him and he whimpered in what wasn't entirely pleasure. "Easy," Gibbs murmured. "Breathe, Tony. Relax into it."

Tony groaned. He took a deep breath, exhaling slowly. "Good," Gibbs said softly. "Good."

Slowly, Tony relaxed around him, enough that Gibbs could stretch him with one finger, then two, scissoring them inside him, making him moan in pleasure this time. "That's it." Gibbs kissed the small of his back again. "Are you ready for me?"

Tony nodded. "Please, sir," he whispered.

He wanted to take it slow--Tony was still almost as tight as a virgin and hurting him was the last thing Gibbs wanted to do right then. But he rolled on the condom and pushed inside Tony...and Tony just shuddered and relaxed. "Please," he whispered again. "Please, sir..."

So much for slow. Gibbs began to move, deep steady thrusts, dragging a moan from Tony. He wanted to hold back, to draw it out, but between the way Tony was moving wtih him and his own body, he wasn't going to be able to. With a groan, he dropped his forehead to Tony's back, giving into the rhythm his body wanted.

Abby was stirring a little by this point; she was watching them avidly, her mouth half-parted. Gibbs noticed and caught her eye, nodding at Tony. She didn't need an explanation. She just slid under Tony's body, sucking his cock into her mouth.

"Oh God--" Tony gasped, shuddering all over. "God--sir--Abby--"

Gibbs spared a brain cell to be amused at the litany. He bit Tony's shoulder, harder than he'd nipped Abby's before. "Come," he said in a low voice. "Come for me, Tony."

Tony cried out something incomprehensible, body going taut for a long moment. He nearly fell down and only Abby's hands on his shoulders and Gibbs' hands on his hips kept him up. Abby slid out from under him, kissing him, wrapping her arms around her neck.

The two of them were beautiful together. Gibbs smiled a little at the sight before his eyes fell closed and he surrendered to the need to have Tony, to possess him, take him hard and deep. Tony was his now and God, Gibbs wanted him to know it.

He dimly heard Tony's harsh breathing, the way Abby's breath caught in her throat as she watched them. God, it was so good. Orgasm was creeping up on him faster than he could fight it and he just stopped trying, letting it wash over him with a groan and a shudder. Tony moaned a little, wincing a bit as Gibbs pulled out of him carefully. "You all right?" Gibbs asked, throwing out the condom.

"I..." Tony nearly fell onto his side. "I..."

He wasn't; he wasn't up yet and he was still trying to process and his brain was short-circuiting when it tried. Gibbs didn't bother cleaning up, just pulled the covers back and got the three of them under as fast as possible, settling Tony in the middle with Abby pressed up against his back and Gibbs holding both of them. "Easy," he murmured, stroking Tony's hair. "Just let it go."

Tony hid his face in Gibbs' shoulder. He was shaking and Gibbs felt a few hot, painful tears against his skin. "Shh," Gibbs whispered. "It's okay. It's okay, Tony."

Abby kissed his shoulderblade, the nape of his neck. "We've got you," she whispered. "We've got you. You're safe."

They held him tight until he stopped trembling in their arms, until he could speak. And then they held him as he fell asleep, safe and warm between them, tucked against Gibbs' chest with Abby's arms around him.

"Can we keep him?" Abby whispered impishly once Tony was asleep.

Gibbs gave her a Look. "We're sure as hell not letting him go now," he said, looking down at Tony. "You sure you're okay with this, pretty girl? He's going to need some looking after."

"I know." Abby kissed Tony's throat. "We'll make it work."

"If you're sure."

She smiled. "It was my idea," she pointed out.

Gibbs sighed and turned off the light. "Go to sleep, pretty girl. I'll figure out what to do with you tomorrow."

Abby giggled and snagged his hand, kissing it. "Night, Master," she whispered.

He stroked her face. "Sleep well, pretty girl."

End Notes:
This is the last in what I'm calling the Applied Psychology series; the first pieces were Pavlovian Response, Behavioral Conditioning, and Involuntary Reaction. This one came out a bit...differently.
Positive Reinforcement by blueraccoon
Author's Notes:
It shouldn't have been a surprise.
The note came in the mail. It looked innocuous, unassuming. Just a white rectangular envelope Tony didn't pay any attention to until he opened it.

Then the contents slammed into him like a freight train and he dropped it, his bag, and his coffee all at once. The coffee splattered over his shirt and the note, thankfully obscuring what was on the paper. The scalding heat didn't even register for another few seconds.

"Tony!" Abby came running over, hands full of paper towels. "What'd you do?"

"Nothing," he said, managing to peel off his shirt and wipe off his skin, hiding the note in the process. "Just dropped my coffee."

"Ow." She wrinkled her nose. "You okay?"

"Yeah, I'm fine." He summoned a grin and kissed the top of her head. "Let me go find a sweatshirt."

"Why bother? You know Gibbs is going to show up in a few minutes anyway." Abby dropped down on his couch, swinging her legs over the arm.

"And you two can go have all sorts of fun. I'm not feeling all that social tonight--something about getting scalded by hot coffee." Tony gathered up the paper towels and the mail and dumped them in the trash. "Give me a sec, okay?" Before she could answer, he disappeared into his bedroom.

The wood of his dresser was solid under his hands, something to hold onto while he fought to breathe, to calm down. He'd known she'd be released eventually. Assault only counted for so much, even against a cop, and with good behavior...it wasn't that much of a surprise. Or it shouldn't have been.

So she was out. No big deal. She was in Philly, and he was here in DC. It was fine. It wasn't like he was going to go looking for her. And he was over this now. She wasn't the boogeyman anymore. Between Abby and Gibbs, he was learning--slowly, but he was learning--what the scene was supposed to be like. What it should be, instead of what she'd taught him it was.

It took him a minute, but he fought the memories down and grabbed a sweatshirt, tugging it on before heading back into his living room. Gibbs was there, sitting on his couch with Abby perched on the arm next to him. "You all right?" Gibbs asked. He had one arm around Abby's waist and looked completely at home and Tony wanted nothing more than to go over and sink down at his feet.

"Just a little burned," he said with a grin. "I'm fine."

"We were thinking of ordering in Chinese," Abby told him. "You want?"

The thought of food made his stomach roll. "Not really hungry right now, to be honest. You two go on and have food and stuff--I'll be fine. Sorry for the lack of hospitality."

Two pairs of eyes--one green, one blue--studied him carefully, and for a moment Tony wasn't sure they'd buy it. But Gibbs nodded and they both stood up.

"I'll see you in the office tomorrow," he said simply.

"Okay."

Gibbs kissed him; it took everything Tony had not to melt into it, not to fall to his knees. He bit back a moan and couldn't hide the shudder when Gibbs' hand closed around the back of his neck. "Sure you want to be alone tonight?" Gibbs murmured against his mouth.

No. God, no. "Yeah," he said, swallowing.

It took a moment before Gibbs nodded. "Tomorrow night," he said quietly. "My place, nine o'clock. Just you and me."

"But Abby--"

"Just you and me," Gibbs repeated evenly. Tony dropped his eyes, nodding.

"All right."

He slept restlessly, his night disturbed by dreams and half-remembered things. Work the next day was exhausting; it took more energy to hide his unsettled mood than anything else. Gibbs was too perceptive, and Abby was too intelligent; if he wasn't so good at undercover work he didn't think he'd have fooled either of them. As it was, he wasn't sure.

Quitting time rolled around and Tony made his escape without having to say goodbye to anyone. Abby would be hurt, and Gibbs would give him a hard time about it later, but he just didn't care right then. Then again, he had a feeling Gibbs wasn't going to be easy on him tonight no matter what.

He had four hours to get himself together before he was expected to show up at Gibbs' for the night. From the way he felt, he'd need every minute of that time.

At eight fifty-seven, having gone for a long run, showered, and shaved, he knocked on Gibbs' door.

He didn't have to knock twice. Gibbs opened the door and waved him inside silently, taking Tony's bag and setting it down. "Did you eat?" he asked.

"No, but I'm not hungry." He knew better than to even try and dissemble where Gibbs was concerned. It'd only get him in trouble.

"You should eat something." Gibbs stroked the side of his face. "There's sandwich makings in the kitchen."

"I'm not..." Tony shook his head. "I'm not hungry."

"Tony." The soft, commanding tone in Gibbs' voice was something Tony couldn't help but respond to, no matter his mental state. "Eat something."

He sighed. "Yes sir."

The sandwich he made wasn't as big as he normally would have made it, but he got it all down, along with a glass of juice. He cleared away his place and waited, unsure what Gibbs wanted next.

Gibbs walked around him slowly, stopping behind him and brushing a kiss over the back of his neck. "What's got you so upset?" he asked softly. "What's wrong?"

"Nothing." Tony shook his head. "I just didn't sleep well last night."

"Don't lie to me." Gibbs moved in front of him, meeting his eyes evenly. "Don't you dare."

"I'm not. I swear. I just...I didn't sleep well. And when I did sleep, I..." Tony looked down. "I dreamed about her," he said, barely audibly.

"She's not here," Gibbs said. He curled his hand around the back of Tony's neck. "I am."

"I know."

Gibbs tightened his hand a little; Tony closed his eyes, wanting to fall for him, to kneel at his feet and wait and just...surrender. Just turn himself over to Gibbs.

But he couldn't make himself move.

Gibbs' fingers slipped into his hair, tugging him down for a kiss. Slow and gentle, it made him wonder what Gibbs had planned for the night. Gibbs wasn't usually this laid-back.

"Upstairs," Gibbs said quietly. "Undress and lie down on your stomach."

"Gibbs--I don't know if I can do this tonight," Tony blurted. "I shouldn't be--I can't--"

"Shh," Gibbs murmured, resting his fingers over Tony's mouth. "Relax, Tony. Just relax."

He swallowed, fighting for control. Ironic, really--he came to Gibbs to let go of his control, not hold on to it. But if he gave in now, he'd end up a shaking mess on Gibbs' kitchen floor and he couldn't do that. "I can't," he whispered. "Gibbs, please..."

"Do you trust me?"

Tony looked down. He knew what Gibbs was really asking. In the short time since this had all started, that had become a codephrase. If he said yes, he was agreeing to the scene. If he stayed silent, it meant he couldn't play that night.

He wanted to keep silent, he really did, but...too much of him wanted this. "Yes," he whispered.

Gibbs tipped his chin up, his fingers warm. "Then go upstairs and get undressed," he said evenly. "And lie down."

As Tony climbed the stairs, his feet felt like blocks of wood and his hands felt like ice. He undressed mechanically, folding his clothes and putting them down, before stretching out on the bed with his head pillowed on his arms.

He heard Gibbs' footsteps and closed his eyes, waiting. His throat tightened and he couldn't stop his hand from clenching against the sheets. He should have kept his mouth shut, should have just left. He couldn't do this tonight, couldn't let Gibbs take him down, not without breaking apart.

The footsteps stopped next to the bed, but Gibbs didn't touch him. He just stood there. Tony felt the weight of his eyes, the thoughtful look that missed nothing. But Gibbs didn't say anything, or do anything, and Tony couldn't move.

When Gibbs finally touched him, it was so light Tony wasn't even sure he was really feeling it. Gibbs' fingers stroked over his hair, down his spine, gentle and easy, so light it made his skin prickle. "Beautiful boy," Gibbs murmured. "My beautiful boy."

Kristen had never made him feel like this. With her, it had always been about what he was willing to take from her. How much he could handle. And he'd usually ended up feeling raw and wrecked afterwards, his body and his spirit protesting. But Gibbs...Gibbs made him feel wanted, like what he needed was the most important thing. Gibbs held him after, soothing him, keeping him safe until he could handle reality again. Tony had spent more than one night with Gibbs on one side of him and Abby on the other, both of them holding him and petting him as he swam back up from headspace.

The complete contrast made tears prick behind his eyes.

"Just relax," Gibbs said softly, stroking his back. "Go down for me, Tony. Just relax."

He shuddered, swallowing hard. "Yes, sir," he whispered, finally letting himself fall.

He wasn't surprised by the blindfold Gibbs fastened over his eyes. But he couldn't identify the sounds he heard. He wondered a little what they were--just not enough to really care one way or the other. He'd find out if he needed to.

Tony felt the bed dip when Gibbs crawled onto it, kneeling between his legs. He arched into the kiss Gibbs brushed over the back of his neck, blushing a little at Gibbs' chuckle. "Such a hedonist," Gibbs said fondly. "You'll love this, then."

By this time, Tony could recognize the sound of the nightstand drawer opening. The flip of a bottle cap was familiar as well, but the scent of..."Vanilla?" he asked in surprise.

"Shh." Gibbs' fingers slid into his hair, massaging his scalp. "I told you to relax. Don't think about it, don't worry about it, just...relax."

He couldn't form words anyway; the scalp massage was melting what brain cells he had left.

"Smells like cookies," he murmured when Gibbs began working on his shoulders, the pressure firm and steady. "'S nice."

"I thought you'd like it." Tony heard the smile in Gibbs' voice.

Gibbs worked his way down Tony's back slowly, coaxing each knot into submission before moving on to the next. Tony was limp and purring by the time Gibbs finished, wiping the excess oil off with a towel. The faintly rough texture felt wonderful.

"Don't fall asleep on me," Gibbs said wryly.

"Mm-mm. Won't, sir."

"Good." Gibbs was quiet for a moment. "I know, Tony," he said finally.

He didn't quite make the connection. "Sir?"

"I flagged the Philadelphia criminal database. I know."

Every muscle in Tony's body locked up at once. His breath caught in his throat and he felt his heart beginning to beat faster. "It's not--" He swallowed. "Sir, it's not--"

"Not what, Tony? Not terrifying? Not a big deal? Not something I need to worry about?" Gibbs' voice was soft, but the words fell like stones. "You don't get to make that decision, Tony. Not here."

"It's so stupid," Tony whispered. "She's there. She doesn't know where I am."

"She hurt you. She scared the crap out of you." Gibbs stroked his back, coaxing him to relax. "Abby and I are still working on undoing what she did to you. It's not stupid, Tony."

"It feels that way." Tony swallowed. "Sir, maybe you should just let me--"

"If you ask me to let you go home I'm cuffing you to this bed," Gibbs warned him. "You're not running away, Tony."

He didn't want to run away. He wanted to curl up in Gibbs' arms and let himself be held. He wanted to fall for Gibbs, until Gibbs was the only thing that mattered to him.

He just wasn't sure he could.

There was silence in the bedroom for a long moment. Gibbs kept stroking his back, petting him, and in spite of everything Tony found himself relaxing into it. "That's it," Gibbs murmured, his caresses becoming more languid, designed to arouse, not soothe. "Focus on me, Tony. Just me. I've got you. Just focus on me."

Tony shuddered. He felt himself spiraling down, deeper than before, down so far nothing else existed for him. "Sir..."

Gibbs kissed the back of his neck. "Mine," he said softly. "My boy."

Tears burned behind his eyes. The word trembled on his lips and it took him two tries to say it. "Master," he whispered.

Gibbs kissed the back of his neck again, teeth scraping gently over his skin. "Turn over."

His body felt loose and liquid, like it didn't belong to him. He moved, stretching his arms over his head, waiting. Gibbs' fingers circled his wrist, squeezing gently, and he shivered. "Trust me," Gibbs said, thumb resting over his pulse.

Tony managed a nod.

The cuffs were soft around his wrists, not too tight but fitting closely against his skin. He tugged at them, testing, and was momentarily alarmed when he couldn't get any slack. "Shh," Gibbs murmured, stroking his chest and his stomach. "Trust me. I've got you safe."

"Yes, Master," he whispered, relaxing against the bed.

"Good boy." Gibbs' hand flattened on his stomach, fingers spread wide. The warmth of his touch soaked into Tony's skin like sunlight.

And then his mouth was on Tony's, strong and gentle and demanding, possessing him easily. "Don't hold back," Gibbs said against his lips. "I want everything you have, Tony. I don't want you to worry about coming without permission, about pleasing me...I want to see you surrender."

Tony wasn't sure if he whimpered or if he just thought he had.

Gibbs kissed him again; Tony tasted coffee and a hint of...cinnamon, maybe? It didn't matter. What mattered was Gibbs' mouth on his, Gibbs' tongue teasing his own, Gibbs' hands wrapped around his wrists, just below the line of the cuffs. He arched into it, wanting more, hungry for Gibbs' hands on him. "Master, please," he breathed, his head falling back against the pillows. "Please, touch me..."

"Touch you how, Tony? Like this?" Gibbs' fingers skimmed down Tony's arms, traced over his collarbone, down the center of his chest. "Or this?" He slid his hands up Tony's sides, the caress heavy enough to make Tony groan in pleasure. "Or this?" The warm wet flick of his tongue over Tony's nipple made him shudder, twisting into it when Gibbs repeated it on the other side.

He shook his head blindly. "Anything, Master," he begged. "Please..."

Gibbs laughed softly, kissing his stomach. "Beautiful boy," he said softly, crawling up Tony's body. "Beautiful boy--and all mine." He kissed Tony again, harder, more demanding now. "No one else, Tony. Just you and me and Abby. Understand?"

"Yes," Tony said, his voice raspy. "Yes, Master."

"Good boy." Gibbs nipped his lower lip. "Spread your legs, Tony."

He did, moaning a little at the drag of skin on skin as Gibbs slid back down, caressing his skin, the line between hip and groin, licking and nipping his thighs. Gibbs cupped his balls in one hand, fondling them gently; Tony groaned, desperate for more contact. But Gibbs didn't seem inclined to indulge him just yet.

"I should keep you like this," Gibbs murmured. His hand slid back under Tony's body, rubbing the skin behind his balls. "My beautiful boy. So perfect like this."

Tony whimpered helplessly. "Master," he whispered.

Gibbs licked the head of his cock, making him gasp, trying not to arch into it. "Just let it all go," Gibbs whispered. "Let it all go for me."

He bent his head again and took Tony's cock into his mouth; Tony closed his eyes and gave himself over to it.

Liquid gold ran through him, sending sparks through his body. He wouldn't have been surprised to see his skin glittering with the pure heat of it, shimmering like air in the desert. He'd never known how much he wanted this--needed this--and God, he was going to break, fall apart, and he couldn't stop it. He heard his breath coming in ragged gasps, his heart pounding. He tasted salt on his upper lip and licked it away. His hands were sweaty where they tried to grab the chain between the handcuffs.

He couldn't think, couldn't do anything, and he was two seconds away from coming already and--Gibbs slid one finger inside him, dry, and he cried out something harsh and incomprehensible and came helplessly.

Slowly, he opened his eyes, blinking until the blurry sight of Gibbs resolved into something clearer and in focus. "Um," he said intelligently.

Gibbs chuckled and leaned down to kiss him gently. "With me, Tony?"

"Um." He felt loose and liquid, like his bones had melted and all that was left was a pile of content and satiation. "Ask me in the morning?" Slowly, he felt himself swimming up from headspace, coming back to something resembling normal. Not entirely, but enough for now.

"We're not there yet." Gibbs reached over Tony's head and uncuffed his wrists, bringing each to his lips before setting them down on the bed. "And I'm not done with you yet."

Tony blinked. "Um--I--"

Gibbs laughed. "Not like that." He moved to sit against the headboard, legs out in front of him. "Come here, Tony," he said quietly.

He shouldn't have been able to fit in Gibbs' lap--it was ridiculous. He was a grown man, taller than Gibbs, even, but...somehow he managed, ending up with his head on GIbbs' shoulder.

Tony closed his eyes and let himself breathe in the scent of the man. "Master," he murmured, for no other reason than he could.

Gibbs rubbed his back gently. "What does that mean, Tony?"

He was supposed to be able to think now? Tony tried to make his brain focus, but couldn't manage it. "I...Master, I can't think," he said sheepishly.

"I'd be surprised if you could," Gibbs said wryly. He kissed the top of Tony's head. "So listen carefully."

Tony nodded. "Yes, Master."

"You don't lie, you don't pretend, and you don't hide things from me, do you understand? Something like this, you should have told me right away. I'll take care of you, Tony. But I can't do that if you don't let me. And if you don't trust me enough to tell me when something's wrong, I can't keep you as my boy." Gibbs tightened his arms around Tony. "I'm not going to let you go, Tony," he said quietly. "Which means you need to be honest with me. You want to play the games at work, fine. You want to hide behind the jokes and the masks and the frat-boy side of you everyone else buys, fine. I'm not asking you to change that. But I'm telling you--and no, Tony, I'm not asking--that you're going to be honest with me from now on. You're not going to lie, dissemble, obfuscate, or any other fancy word you can think of. And you're going to be honest with Abby, as well."

It was terrifying. Even now, even with Gibbs' arms around him and his whole body still purring quietly from orgasm, the thought made a cold ball of fear tighten in his stomach. "I--" He stopped, burying his head in the crook of Gibbs' neck.

"We're not going to let you go," Gibbs said again. "But we're going to make you be honest with us."

They wouldn't let him go. They wouldn't--but--"I don't--I--Master, please, I'll try, but--"

"Shh," Gibbs murmured. "Shh. Easy, Tony. Relax. No one's perfect, and you're so used to hiding it'll take time. But I'm letting you know now that this is what I expect. I'll tell you what I told Abby. I'm not a harsh master, but I do expect to be obeyed."

Tony nodded. "I'll try," he whispered.

"That's fine." Gibbs kissed the top of his head again. "So long as you remember that we're not letting you go."

They sat in silence for a long minute or three, before Tony's body started protesting and he slid off Gibbs' lap so he could crawl under the covers. Gibbs slid in next to him and pulled Tony back against him, kissing his shoulder. "Did you have any idea she was getting out?" he asked.

Tony shook his head. "I'd kind of repressed the whole thing. I wanted to forget she was alive, so I made myself forget the length of her sentence."

"She doesn't know where you are. She's not going to know. And it wouldn't be in her best interest to find you even if she could."

"I know." Tony sighed. "I know." He closed his eyes. "It was just a shock, you know? It just kind of threw me back to...then. It...it was weird, then. I was always so careful to hide the marks, not even my partner knew. And he was one of the first ones on the scene, when...well, you know. He couldn't even look me in the eye after that. Didn't come to the hospital, anything. I'd coached his son's basketball team and he wouldn't even visit me. Because it wasn't just that I'd been assaulted--that would have been bad enough, but they'd have stuck by me then. But being assaulted by a woman--that was worse. And given the set up...you didn't have to be a genius to put the pieces together."

He sighed. "I had a friend down in Silver Spring who knew a bit about the scene and was horrified for me, instead of because of me. He gave me a place to stay until I found the job in Baltimore."

"Good friend," Gibbs commented.

Tony smiled a little. "One of the best."

Gibbs kissed his shoulder again and settled Tony a little more comfortably. "Can you sleep now?" he asked.

"I...think so."

"Try." Gibbs kissed his jaw.

He sighed and yawned. Maybe he could sleep after all. With Gibbs there...

He was safe. Gibbs had him safe.

It was on that thought he fell into a sound--and dreamless--sleep.
End Notes:
This is part of the Applied Psychology universe. Takes place after Control Theory but before Post Traumatic.
Impulse Control by blueraccoon
Author's Notes:
So much for avoiding old memories.
"Philadelphia." The word tasted like dust in his mouth and felt like lead in his stomach. "You want me to send DiNozzo to Philadelphia."

Jen closed the file on her desk and looked up at him. "For three days, yes. As a senior NCIS agent--"

"Which is exactly why I can't afford to send him," Gibbs interrupted. "He's my senior field agent, Jen. I can't send him off to some...conference. Send McGee, or Ziva if you absolutely need to send someone from my team, but not DiNozzo."

She stood, resting her hands on her desk. "Ziva's not officially an NCIS agent, Jethro. And McGee doesn't have the seniority or the social skills required. DiNozzo's good at schmoozing--you've told me that before. It's a three-day multi-jurisdictional conference in Philadelphia. With budget time coming up on the Hill, I need to show that NCIS can and will play nicely with other agencies--something you seem to keep forgetting!" Jen glared at him.

The problem was, he couldn't really refute that argument. Theoretically, he could mention Tony's prior work experience in Philly--but she'd think of it as another reason to send him there. He had no good argument to keep Tony away from Philadelphia, aside from the fact that Tony was too fragile to deal with the Bitch (as both Gibbs and Abby called her).

Gibbs reminded himself that just because she was out, it didn't mean Tony was going to find her. She wouldn't know he was in town, so unless he sought her out...

Damn. He was just foolhardy enough to do that, and while Gibbs could order him not to, he knew Tony wouldn't listen.

"He'll leave Thursday night and return Sunday," Jen said briskly. "So you'll only be without an agent for one day."

"Unless we get a case over the weekend," Gibbs pointed out.

"There are such things as other agents," she countered. She held out a file folder. "His hotel information and his registration packet. Go tell him, Jethro."

He glowered, taking the folder. "If there are other agents, why not send one of them?"

"I need someone from my best team." With that, Jen sat down, turning to her computer.

Gibbs really didn't have anything to say to that, so he left.

****
"Philadelphia." Tony sounded about as numb as Gibbs had feared. "I'm going to Philly?"

"Three days. You leave Thursday." Gibbs handed him the folder.

"Well, it'll be nice to get a cheesesteak again," Tony quipped lightly, but Gibbs didn't miss the brief flash of fear in his eyes.

"Conference starts Friday and runs til Sunday morning. I expect you back here by Sunday afternoon," Gibbs said matter-of-factly.

"Sure thing, Boss." Tony grinned. "Wonder if I'll be able to look up any of my old buddies from the Philly PD."

"I doubt you'll have time." And that was a warning he knew Tony understood.

"Oh well." Tony shrugged. "Maybe another time."

Gibbs grunted and went back to his own desk. "Doesn't anyone around here have work to do?" he demanded irritably.

****
"So." Tony sat Indian-style on the bed. "Philadelphia."

"Yes." Gibbs didn't touch him, much as he wanted to. He pushed himself up against the headboard instead, watching Tony. "Can you handle it?"

Here, there was no dissembling, no lying, and all three of them knew it.

"I..." Tony looked down at his lap. "I think so."

Abby crawled over to him, kissing his cheek. "I wish I could go with you," she said reluctantly. "Gibbs, do you--"

"If you can find a way to explain to Jen why you want time off the same time as Tony, without making her think you're involved, I'll let you go. But you'd better think fast, because he leaves in two days," Gibbs told her.

She sighed. "I hate it when you're all logical," she grumbled. "What happened to 'trust your gut'?"

"I'll be fine, Abs." Tony kissed her temple. "Really. I'll be in a hotel for three days, I probably won't see a damn person I know, and I'll just go to the stupid panels and listen to people get our name wrong and not know who we are and come home on Sunday."

"You'll call every night," Gibbs told him.

"What are you, my mother?" Tony asked impudently.

"Don't start, boy," Gibbs told him. "It's bad enough I have to let you go. Don't push it."

He was gratified to see Tony drop his eyes. "Sorry, Master," he mumbled.

Abby sighed again and climbed into his lap, burrowing closer than she should have been physically able to do. Gibbs was convinced she was half-cat sometimes, with the way she managed to snuggle close to both of them. He swore he'd heard her purr.

"Philly isn't so far away," she said, although Gibbs wasn't sure who she was trying to convince.

"I'll be okay, Abby." Tony held her close, his cheek pressed against her hair. "I'll be fine."

"You'd better be," she grumbled. "Or I'm going to kick your ass."

"That's his job." Tony grinned.

"I'd let her do it," Gibbs said wryly. "She'd be more creative. And vicious."

She would, too. Abby was a damn good sub, but she was perfectly willing and able to switch. He'd let her play with Tony before, albeit under his supervision.

From the way Tony winced, he agreed with Gibbs. "I'll be fine," he insisted. "Honest."

"You'll be fine. And now this topic of conversation is over." Gibbs' tone didn't leave any room for argument and he was relieved to see both Tony and Abby nod.

****
He was exhausted, stiff, and wanted nothing more than to take a hot shower, have a beer, and fall into bed--preferably with Abby on one side of him and Gibbs on the other. What should have been a two hour drive--three depending on traffic--had turned into seven, thanks to a five-car pileup on 95. And then he'd had to fight with the hotel clerk who'd lost his reservation. It had taken fifteen minutes, two clerks, and a manager before they'd found the damn thing and given him his key.

At least the room didn't smell like cigarette smoke and the shower had decent water pressure. He stayed in it until the water began to run cool, letting it rinse away the stiffness and the grime of driving all night, especially in a car that wasn't his. He'd thought about taking his baby, but he didn't want to subject her to Philadelphia traffic and the trucks on 95. So he'd taken one of the blue government sedans and driven north in a soulless box that handled--well, it was a government car, and at least he'd get reimbursed for gas.

Okay. One out of three, and that was about as good as he was going to get. He wasn't leaving the room for a beer, and Abby and Gibbs…right. No sense in thinking about what he couldn't have.

He pulled on a pair of boxers and a T-shirt and fell onto the bed. It was king-size, like his bed or Gibbs' bed, but the mattress wasn't nearly as comfortable and he didn't have anyone to share it with.

Just as he was thinking about calling, his cell phone rang. "DiNozzo," he said wearily.

"Tony! Where the hell are you?" Abby demanded. "We thought we'd hear from you hours ago!"

"No one checked the traffic? I got held up for four hours on 95, and then the hotel…don't ask."

"You poor thing." Abby sounded sympathetic. "We won't keep you long. Here, let me put Gibbs on."

"Thanks, Abby," he said, rolling onto his back.

He wondered what would happen if he slept through the conference. Someone's ass would get kicked, but he wasn't sure whose. And he didn't really want to take chances that it would be his.

"You mean to tell me you don't know the back roads?" Gibbs asked by way of hello.

"Sure I do, Boss. I just can't get to them when I'm stuck in the middle of the highway, two miles from the nearest exit, and no one's going anywhere because there's a massive accident and we're waiting for the Life Flight helicopter to get there and take whatever survivors there are. By the time it cleared up, it would have taken more time to take the back roads than to just stay on 95." Tony exhaled deeply. "And I'm fine, thanks."

"I know you're fine, Tony. If you weren't bitching at me, I'd know something was wrong."

He had to laugh. "Yeah, well. First panel's at ten tomorrow, so I should get some sleep. It's already two in the morning."

"All right. Call if you need us."

"I will." He hung up the phone, not sure whether that had been a lie or not.

It didn't really matter.

And if he fell asleep hugging a pillow, no one was there to know.

****
Friday passed much the way Tony had figured it would. He sat in on some panels, schmoozed and bullshitted and traded stories, explained over and over what NCIS was, and saved himself from dying of boredom by imagining what Gibbs and Abby were up to without him. He didn't fool himself by thinking they were waiting; they needed their time together just as he needed time alone with Gibbs. It was part of what made their strange threesome work, although he'd still have loved to watch them together.

But the day passed without incident. He even got invited out to dinner with a couple of Texan U.S. Marshals with drawls so thick Tony could have cut them, a remarkably non-uptight FBI agent, a DEA agent who looked as bored as Tony felt, and a really cute ATF agent who looked about sixteen and had to have made the height requirement by the skin of her teeth.

They went out for Mexican, had cold Coronas and spicy salsa, and were still laughing and talking when Tony's phone buzzed at ten.

"One sec," he said, fumbling it out of his pocket. "Yeah, DiNozzo."

"You forget something, Tony?" That was Gibbs' 'I'm not pissed yet but I'm getting there really fast' voice.

It was also the voice that almost always dropped him into headspace, even if it was only a little. Shit. "Guys, I'll be right back," he said, sliding out of the booth and outside. "No, sir," he said quietly, once he was out in the cool air. "I went out to dinner with some people from the conference, that's all."

"Having fun?"

Okay. Whew. He'd skipped 'I'm getting pissed' and gone back to 'I'll let you get away with it this time'. "Yeah," he said, leaning against the rough concrete of the wall. "Well, not the conference so much but the people are pretty cool. I even found a Fed who doesn't have a stick up his ass. Unfortunately, he's in LA."

"That's California for you," Gibbs said wryly. "Not all Fibbies are as bad as Sachs, you know."

"And I'm sure he wouldn't have been so bad if he wasn't trying to put me away on murder charges," Tony agreed. "Anyway, I'm fine, I'm out to dinner, and they're going to start wondering where I am in a minute."

"Abby's asleep or I'd let her talk to you. She needed me to take her down hard before." Gibbs sighed. "She's worried about you."

"I'll be fine. Honest."

"I know." Gibbs sighed. "I'll see you Sunday. Don't drink too much."

He hung up before Tony could say goodbye.

"And some things never change," he said wryly, looking at his phone. "Right."

He made it back to the booth in time to catch the tail end of a story about the Fibbie's younger brother, and while he'd missed the beginning, the rest of it was funny enough that he laughed with everyone else.

"Gotta love Charlie," the Fed said wryly. "If it's not numbers, he's kind of clueless."

"It could be worse. He could be like our forensics expert. Nine tattoos, she's afraid of sunlight, and she makes her own perfume that smells like gunpowder." Tony grinned. "That, and she lives on Caff-Pow."

"You do know the caffeine levels in that are one step away from being declared illegal by the FDA, right?" That was Julie, the DEA agent.

"It doesn't surprise me. But that's Abby for you."

"She sounds like fun," one of the Marshals drawled.

Tony reminded himself not to follow up on that statement.

"Anyway," the ATF girl said with a yawn. "It's tired, I'm late, and we've got these stupid panels to get through tomorrow. Anyone else turning into a pumpkin?"

"Yeah," Julie said reluctantly. "And I've got to call home, or my kid will never forgive me. It's bad enough I left her with her grandmother this weekend."

"I've just got to get some sleep," the other Marshal said. He stretched, nearly knocking over a waitress as he did so. "Oops. Sorry, ma'am."

She just rolled her eyes.

They walked back to the hotel, some a little more unsteadily than others. Tony ended up making sure Melanie--the ATF agent who was, somehow, 35 and married--got to her room okay before finding his own.

As he stripped down to boxers and brushed his teeth and got ready for bed, he figured he'd sleep well. He was tired, he'd had a couple of beers, and the conference was fine, if a bit boring.

But he couldn't stop remembering Philadelphia, and he couldn't get her out of his mind, so he ended up spending most of the night tossing and turning, wishing he was home.

Tony wondered if it made him stronger or weaker that he didn't pick up the phone to call Gibbs. He was pretty sure he didn't want to know the answer.

Eventually, he dropped into a restless slumber, waking groggily when the alarm went off at 0700.

He made it through the morning panels with the aid of four cups of coffee and Julie, who sat next to him for two of them and whispered sarcastic comments about the presenters.

But there was no way he was going to get through the two afternoon panels he was supposed to go to. One of them was about some forensic-y thing he didn't care about and no one would notice if he skipped, and the other…he didn't even remember or care.

So he slipped out of the hotel and put on his sunglasses and just started walking, not really caring where he was going. Just…away, out of the hotel.

That proved to be a bad idea, when he stopped and looked at the little sandwich shop in front of him. It had been one of his favorite haunts in Philly--the food was good, the prices were reasonable, and they were open 24/7. He and Barry had gone there after shift sometimes, and he'd met Kristen there more than a few times for a quick lunch date.

Yeah. So much for avoiding old memories.

The smart thing to do would be to walk away. Just go somewhere else, find somewhere that wasn't familiar, someplace he didn't know. But Tony had never claimed to be all that intelligent and he figured that maybe the smart thing wasn't to back down this time. Maybe it was time to confront some of those old memories and make them go away instead.

He pushed open the door and stepped inside.

Ten minutes later, he was seated at a wobbly wooden table by a smeared glass window, a can of Coke and an overstuffed ham and cheese sub in front of him. He had a copy of the paper, a pencil for the crossword puzzle, and was considering life pretty good. The guy behind the counter hadn't really recognized him, for which he was grateful.

Tony pushed his plate away and began working on the crossword, pausing occasionally to have a drink of Coke or take a bite of the half-finished sub. He was about halfway done when a shadow fell across the page.

"Well, well, well," a low voice drawled. "Talk about old memories."

He froze.

"I didn't think I'd ever see you again, Tony," she said, taking the seat across from him.

"Likewise," he said, raising his head.

She didn't look all that different. A little paler--he supposed prison hadn't given her much opportunity to sunbathe. A little thinner. He saw the highlights in her hair, and the stylish cut--shorter than she'd had it before, more severe. But he'd have recognized her anywhere.

And her eyes were the same. Cool, green--and with about as much warmth as an ice cube. He hadn't realized it then. He saw it now.

"What brings you back to Philly? I heard you'd left," she said, leaning back in the wooden chair and crossing her legs. She was dressed as impeccably as usual; tailored gray slacks and a green blouse that matched her eyes. Tony wondered idly where she'd gotten the Jimmy Choo's.

"Business," he said easily. Just slip on the mask, that was all. Just slip it on and breathe. "What brings you here?"

She shrugged gracefully. "I was hungry. You don't generally get a good sub on the inside."

"Pity, that." Tony gave her a tight smile. "Then again, I'd have to say you didn't get one on the outside either."

Kristen laughed. "I can feel your sympathy from here." Abruptly, she uncrossed her legs and stood up. "I need a cigarette. Care to join me for a walk?"

What the hell. "You didn't used to smoke," he said, following her outside.

"I didn't used to be a convicted felon either," she said, lighting a cigarette and inhaling deeply. "I suppose I've got you to thank for both."

"No, I'd say you've got yourself to blame." Tony shoved his hands in his pockets. "In case you've forgotten, Kristen, you broke my collarbone, three ribs, gave me a concussion, and multiple bruises and contusions. I had marks on my wrists for two weeks because of you. And that was after I'd safeworded."

She took a long drag on her cigarette. "I don't suppose apologizing would do any good," she said lightly.

"If I thought I could believe it, maybe." Tony shook his head. "But I know better."

"You've certainly grown a backbone." Kristen stubbed out her cigarette and lit another one. "What happened? Find a Mistress who lets you get away with it?"

"No." And he had to laugh, because it was just so ridiculous. "You have no idea, do you? You play at being a Domme, but you're just a sadist with pretensions. What, you think that I'm not allowed to have a mind of my own if I'm someone's sub? Get real."

"Don't you talk to me like that," she hissed.

"Why not? You don't own me, Kristen, and I don't owe you a fucking thing." Tony ran his hands through his hair. "For what it's worth? Yeah. I found someone else, and it's taken this long for me to understand what that kind of relationship should be like, rather than what you taught me it was. Because that wasn't even close to being a real D/s thing, Kristen. That was abusive from the beginning."

"Aw. Poor baby," Kristen said mockingly. "Like you couldn't have gotten out any time you wanted."

"Yeah. And that's my own damn fault. But you ending up in jail? That was all on you." Tony exhaled deeply. "All you had to do was respect my safeword, Kristen. All you had to do."

"You could have handled it!" she snapped.

"But I didn't want to. And I didn't feel comfortable. And it's my right to say no when I feel that way."

He really hoped he wasn't shaking externally as much as he was internally. That…no. He could not afford for her to see that.

She whirled on him angrily. "You always were a pansy," she hissed.

"God. Listen to yourself. It's never your fault, is it? You beating me unconscious wasn't your fault, your ending up in jail wasn't your fault…none of it was, huh?" Tony snorted. "It didn't work on the jury--oh wait, that's right, you pled guilty, didn't you?" He smiled sweetly. "Didn't want your sex life paraded in front of a jury, did you? How many other men would have come forward, Kristen? How many other 'subs' did you hurt?"

Her hand rose. "I wouldn't," Tony said evenly. "This might be a little side street, but we're still in public, you're the one with the record, and I'm a federal agent with commendations in my file going back nearly ten years."

Tony was pretty sure her face wasn't supposed to match her lipstick like that.

"Bastard!" she spat at him, before turning on one of her stiletto heels and striding off down the street.

He waited until she was out of sight before collapsing against the nearest building, shaking so hard his teeth were chattering. His stomach heaved and he doubled over, retching. He couldn't stop until there was nothing left in his stomach, even bile, and he was dry-heaving, having fallen to his knees at some point.

Slowly, he managed to pull himself up and sit against the wall, hugging his knees. If anyone passed by, he didn't notice or care; he was too focused on trying to breathe. It took a good five minutes before he could slowly push himself to his feet and stumble back to the hotel.

His bed was made, the sheets cool, and the room dark once he'd drawn the shade. He drank a few glasses of water from the bathroom tap, brushed his teeth about three times, scrubbed his hands almost raw before he realized what he was doing and made himself stop.

Then he crawled into bed and pulled the covers over his head, hugging a pillow to him as tightly as he could.

The cheerful ring of his phone--Abby had set the ringtone--woke him some hours later. He fumbled for it, but it skittered out of his reach and fell on the floor, and by the time he found it the ringing had stopped.

It started again a moment later and he looked at it dumbly, seeing 'Gibbs' in the Caller ID display. Fuck. What the hell was he going to say?

Nothing, if he was smart.

Everything, if he was going to live.

With a groan, he fell onto his back and flipped the phone open. "Yeah," he said, rubbing his forehead.

"Tony? You okay?" Abby. Shit. And she sounded concerned, which was even worse.

"Yeah, Abs, I'm fine," he said. "I was just sleeping."

"Tony, it's not even ten! Are you--"

"Long day and all that. I'm cool." Tony pulled a pillow against him, hugging it with his free arm. "Boring panels have a snooze factor that's off the radar."

"Okay. But if I find out you're lying to me, I'll make Gibbs let me kick your ass."

"Duly noted. Is he around?"

"Yeah, he's working on the boat. Gimme a sec." She put the phone and he heard the thuds of her boots fade away.

He was going to have to tell Gibbs. He wasn't sure how, but he was going to have to tell him.

Just…not with Abby around.

A little while later, he heard footsteps again and then Gibbs picked up the phone. "What's up, Tony?" he asked.

"Um. Could you get Abby out of the room?" he asked. "Please?"

There was a very loud silence for a moment. "Abs, scoot," Gibbs said.

"I knew it!" she said. "You'll let me kick his ass, won't you?"

"Pretty girl, I need to talk to Tony. Go on."

Tony didn't relax until he heard her footsteps--and the door closing. Even then, he didn't really relax.

"What is it?" Gibbs asked quietly.

"Um." Tony sighed. "I. Um." He groaned. "I didn't sleep last night and I couldn't deal with the afternoon panels, so I went for a walk, right? Only I didn't really think about where I was going and I ended up at this little sandwich place I used to go to when I was living in Philly, and I got a sub and it was fine…and…"

"And?"

Tony was sure Gibbs knew. Positive. But Gibbs wouldn't say it for him.

"And Kristen walked in," he said quietly.

There was no reaction on the other end of the phone, not that he'd really expected one. "What happened?" Gibbs asked after a moment.

"We talked. She…" Tony sighed. "We talked, and I told her a few things--like what she'd done wasn't D/s, it was abuse, and that I knew what it was supposed to be like now, and…you get the idea."

"How'd she take it?"

"Not well," Tony said wryly. "She got really mad at me, almost slapped me until I reminded her what a bad idea it would be. Then she called me a bastard and took off."

"And what'd you do?"

"I fell against the nearest building and threw up," Tony admitted. "And then I made my way back here and collapsed."

"Do you need me to come up?"

There was no judgment in the words, just a simple question. Tony knew that if he said yes, Gibbs would be there within hours. There'd be no repercussions because of it, no punishment.

And God, he wanted to say yes.

"No," he said, clearing his throat. "No, I'm okay."

"Do you want Abby?"

That was even worse. "No," he said again. "I--I'll be fine."

"All right." Gibbs didn't warn him, or threaten him, or anything, but Tony knew that if Gibbs found out he was lying, the consequences wouldn't be pretty.

Problem was, he didn't know whether or not he was lying.

"Um..." Tony tried to find a way to phrase it that wouldn't make him sound like a total wimp. "Could you--"

"I'll deal with Abby," Gibbs said, finishing the thought he hadn't been able to articulate. "Don't worry about her."

"How do you do that?" Tony asked impulsively.

"Do what?" Gibbs didn't sound amused, but Tony had a feeling he had that faint smile on.

"Read my mind."

Gibbs laughed at that. "You don't honestly think I'd tell you, do you?"

Tony grinned and rolled onto his side. "It was worth a shot."

"Nice try," Gibbs said wryly. "But no."

"Oh well." Tony sighed. "I should go, try to get some sleep, I guess."

"Are you going to be able to sleep?" Gibbs asked matter-of-factly.

"I don't know." Tony closed his eyes. "But I'll try."

"Call me if you need anything," Gibbs said quietly. "Understand?"

"Yes, Master." Tony smiled a little. "I'll see you and Abby tomorrow."

"Call us when you're near home."

"I will."

Gibbs hung up the phone and Tony flipped his shut, tossing it onto the bed next to him before sighing and rolling onto his back again. He was pretty sure sleep wasn't going to happen. Every time he closed his eyes, he saw her--both as she had been, and as he'd seen her today.

God, how had he been so stupid back then? He'd investigated his share of domestic violence cases. He should have known from the beginning. But he'd been fascinated by her and what she offered, and he hadn't seen until it was too late.

He didn't know how long he'd been out when he groggily opened his eyes. Oh God, that had been a mistake. Everything hurt--his head throbbed, his collarbone was sending red lightning bolts through him every time he moved, and he had a stabbing pain in his ribcage that probably meant he had a broken rib or two. And his hands were still cuffed behind his back.

She was nowhere to be seen, and neither were the toys. Probably a good thing.

Okay. Time to get himself out of the cuffs. They buckled, at least, and she hadn't locked them, which meant he could, theoretically, get out.

Time to try.

He had to stop every few seconds to breathe; his ribs and his collarbone were throbbing in agony and his head was making it near-impossible to think, let alone try to get the cuffs undone. It felt like eternity before he got one done and could bring his hands in front of him, unbuckling the other one and throwing them out of sight in the closet.

Moving bad. Moving
very bad. Only the phone was next to the bed and he was on the floor. It probably wasn't more than five feet away, but it felt like miles by the time he got to the phone and pulled himself on the bed, panting. Fuck. Ow.

He didn't want to call 911, but he didn't have a choice. He couldn't get to the hospital by himself and anyone he called would only end up calling the EMTs anyway. With a groan and an inward wince for what this would do to his reputation, he picked up the phone and dialed.

He was barely conscious by the time they got there, and in moving him to the stretcher they accidentally jostled him and he blacked out.


Tony groaned, flinging an arm over his eyes. His other hand rubbed absently at his collarbone--a habit he'd managed to break except when he was alone.

"Barry--"

"I've requested a new partner."

He stopped dead in his tracks. "Barry, what the--"

"You know why, DiNozzo."

"We're back to last names now? Christ,
Wachowski, what the fuck? You didn't come see me once, and now you're requesting a new partner? For fuck's sake, I've coached Mark's basketball team for months now!" Tony stared at his partner--ex-partner--in shock. "What the hell?"

"You know exactly why," Barry said in a low, tight voice. "Fuck, DiNozzo, you think anyone here doesn't know what happened? You want to play kinky sex games in your spare time, fine, so long as I don't have to know about it. But when a
cop lets himself get beat up like that? Fuck."

Tony bit back the retort and swallowed the shame and embarrassment. "Fine," he said curtly. "Tell Mark I'm sorry--I'm sure you'll find something to tell him that makes me look like a fool." He turned on his heel and headed for his desk, wondering just how quickly he could type up a letter of resignation.


So much for sleep. Tony gave up on even trying and just let himself remember.

"Hey, Peter?"

"Yo! Tony, what's up?"

"I need a favor."

"Name it."

"I find myself suddenly jobless and soon-to-be homeless. Got crash space for a little bit?"

"Anytime, man. I'll tell Lauren to expect you."

"Thanks, man. I owe you."

"Whatever. Hey, Tony?"

"Yeah?"

"This wouldn't have anything to do with that newspaper article I caught online the other day, would it? Something about a woman and--"

"Yeah. Yeah, it would."

"You want to talk about it?"

"When I get down there, okay? Not over the phone. Once I'm off the pain pills and can get drunk."

"I'll hold you to that."


Peter had been a godsend, Tony thought gratefully. No questions, either from him or Lauren--and how the hell Peter had gotten so lucky, Tony had no idea. He hadn't asked, hadn't said a word, he'd just given Tony the spare room.

"So you're off the pain pills, you're on your third beer, and you know I know a bit. What happened?"

Tony groaned and dropped his head back. "I safeworded."

"And she didn't respect it?" Peter asked incredulously.

"Peter, she not only didn't respect it, she beat me unconscious. Three broken ribs, a broken collarbone, a concussion...I
think she stopped when I blacked out. I have no idea." Tony sighed. "They arrested her on assault charges and she pled guilty. Seven to ten, she'll probably be out in five."

"And yet you're down here."

"My partner requested a new partner. No one in the precinct wanted to look me in the eye. They were embarrassed, Pete. Embarrassed that one of their own got beaten up by a woman while playing kinky sex games, as my ex-partner put it. If I'd gotten beaten up, they'd have supported me. The woman thing would be iffy, but it was the last part that did it." Tony took a swig of beer. "I learned my lesson."

"It's not like that, Tony," Peter protested. "I can show you around, introduce you to a couple of people who'd be happy to explain--"

"No." Tony realized how sharp that sounded and grimaced. "Sorry, man. But...no. I've learned my lesson. I'm done."


And he had been done, to the extent that when one of his girlfriends had wanted to play with scarves and blindfolds in bed, he'd made some sort of excuse and had broken up with her two days later. Done. Finito. He didn't care if it made him boring, he was pure vanilla.

Until Abby. And Gibbs.

He saw them leaving together; they didn't notice and it was only sheer chance he caught them. But he did, and it was weird enough that he watched. Not only were they leaving together, but Gibbs had his hand in the small of Abby's back. Something was off, there, and he wasn't sure what it was.

Tony didn't say anything to either of them, but he watched. And he noticed a few things--the way Abby's voice went just a
hint softer when she talked to Gibbs, the way his voice went a hint deeper. The way she always seemed a little different, a little...

God. She reminded him a little bit of the way he'd acted with Kristen. Just a little--after all, they were at work--but enough that he knew what he was seeing. Enough that when he looked at Gibbs, he saw that same reaction.

Abby. And Gibbs. And...

He went home the night he figured it out and got quietly drunk, not wanting to think about his friend sleeping with his boss--and desperate to blot out the images his brain conjured up, pictures of Abby tied and marked from Gibbs' hands, his toys, whatever.

Pictures of her crying, bruised and beaten.

God. Abby. The girl he'd half-adored since he'd come to work for NCIS, who almost always cheered up his day.

And Gibbs. Tony refused to think about the number of jerk-off fantasies he had that involved Gibbs somehow.

God. Maybe if he just...maybe if he said something to Abby in passing?

Yeah. That'd work.


Only it hadn't, because not only had Abby confirmed what he hadn't really wanted to know, she'd gone ahead and taken the final step. Three times, she'd said. Three times, and…

And she was his.

Tony hadn't known what to do. Abby was a big girl. She could make her own decisions--and it was Gibbs, after all. If he was going to pick one person to be a careful Dom, it would be Gibbs. And to be honest, he wasn't all that surprised Gibbs was into it. He'd gotten a hint of that vibe from Gibbs since the beginning.

But…Abby.

So he'd gone and talked to Gibbs.

"I told her to be careful." Tony shook his head a little. "I don't want her to get hurt."

"You think--"

"No. I didn't say that. But you work together, and it...it could get sticky, if things don't--" Tony sighed. "Look, Boss. If this is what she wants--if this is what you want--then I'm not going to stand in your way. I don't want to come between you." Well--but no. Not going there.

"So why are you talking to me?" Gibbs asked quietly.

"Because I care about Abby." Tony looked down at the floor before meeting Gibbs' eyes. God, this was difficult. But he had to say it. "I trust you with my life when we're in the field. I always have. But my trusting you with my life isn't the same as trusting you as a Dom. I'm sure you're careful, and I'm sure Abby's smart enough to get herself out of a bad situation. I just don't want her to hold out because it's you."


It hadn't gone well, to say the least. Both Gibbs and Abby had tried to talk to him. He'd thrown Kristen in Abby's face--a mistake, probably, but one he hadn't been able to stop himself from making. And then he'd told Gibbs, which had been bad enough in and of itself. But telling Gibbs--and then all-but-admitting he wanted them both--God. Tony still wasn't sure how he'd made it through work the next day. He was pretty sure he wouldn't have if it hadn't been for the case.

But he hadn't been able to go home that night. And almost unwillingly, he'd found himself driving to Gibbs' place. He'd parked around the corner and for a long time, he'd just sat in the car, working up the courage to either go there or go home.

He hadn't managed either. He'd ended up walking around Gibbs' neighborhood for over two hours, getting drenched and not even noticing. Home…or Gibbs'.

When his feet carried him to Gibbs' front door, he was too worn out emotionally to even be afraid.

He'd never expected what had happened next.

"Tony, don't--let me show you what it's really like, what it's supposed to be."

No. God, no. She didn't mean--"Right, and he's going to let you?" he asked, hearing the panic in his voice. "Or--no, Abby. No. Don't do this to me."

Gibbs rested a hand on Tony's shoulder. "If you want to stay," he said quietly, "it's up to you."

"Gibbs--" His voice shook. No. No. God, they didn't mean what he thought they meant. They couldn't. He couldn't take it.

"Please," Abby murmured. "Tony, please stay. We won't hurt you."

"There's more kinds of pain than physical," Tony managed. "And I want this too much to--" He shut up, shaking his head. He'd already said too much. It was enough that they knew about Kristen--knowing about him wanting them--God, no.


Gibbs had left it up to him. And…he'd chosen to stay.

He'd been doing all right, too. He'd been scared, but between the two of them he was slowly starting to relax. Even the blindfold hadn't bothered him.

And then he'd almost screwed it all up.

When Gibbs wrapped the cuffs around Tony's wrists, threading the chain through the headboard, Tony panicked. "No--please, don't, don't--"

He couldn't even think of safewording; he just had to get out. Now. Abby scrambled off him instantly and Gibbs got the cuffs off him, helping him sit up and take off the blindfold. "Easy," he murmured, stroking Tony's back. "Easy, it's okay, it's just us. No one's going to hurt you."

He was trembling in Gibbs' arms. "I can't--please, I'll stay still, just don't--" Too many memories, too many reminders. He'd had marks on his wrists for a long time after that last night and he'd nearly dislocated his shoulder struggling to get out of them.

"Shh," Gibbs murmured, kissing his temple. "It's okay. It's okay, Tony. I should have realized myself."

How should Gibbs have known? It was Tony's fault. He'd screwed up. Tony shook his head, pressing against him. "I can't--not now. I can't stand being tied like that."


He'd been convinced they were going to make him go, that he'd screwed it up beyond repair. But they hadn't.

They'd both taken him, in their own ways. Abby had ridden him, gasping and panting until she'd come, clenching around him.

And then...Gibbs.

He'd told Gibbs it had been a few years. Truth was, it hadn't been since Kristen. She'd had a strap-on harness she'd liked to use with him, and he'd discovered that he liked getting fucked, so he hadn't protested.

But he'd never felt comfortable enough to let anyone be that intimate with him again.

Until Gibbs. Until that night. Tony had known, when he'd agreed, that this wasn't going to be like Abby. She'd had three chances.

He wasn't going to get another.

"And if I let you have her--will you let me have you, Tony? Will you get on your hands and knees for me, let me take you?"

He knew what Gibbs was asking. All three of them did. And truth was…it wasn't even a question. Gibbs had had him from day one. It wasn't so much of a stretch to make now.

Tony closed his eyes, shuddering. "Anything," he breathed. "Anything you want, sir."


It wasn't until after everything was over that he'd truly fallen apart. He had too many memories of Kristen making him leave, of needing to get it together and get out the door. He'd thought Gibbs--but as with everything else, what he'd thought was the complete opposite of what had happened.

They'd gotten him under the covers, both of them pressed against him, both holding him and murmuring reassurances to him. He'd cried, just a little, painful tears hot against his skin, and he'd fallen asleep with Gibbs' arms around him and Abby tucked tight against his back.

And now…

Tony sighed and rolled onto his stomach. God. Sleep.

He couldn't sleep. He wasn't going to be able to sleep, not without either Gibbs or Abby--or both--or a lot of alcohol. Since he didn't have any of the above, it wasn't going to happen.

But the hotel had a 24-hour fitness room. He changed into shorts and a T-shirt and headed down, figuring he'd get in a good run and workout with the weights. That might tire him out enough to sleep.

To his surprise--and disappointment--the place wasn't empty. Julie, the DEA agent, was running on one of the treadmills. She had headphones on and an iPod strapped to her arm and didn't even seem to notice him.

Just as well; he didn't think he would be much of a conversationalist or even a particularly pleasant person at the moment. He stretched out and set his own treadmill for six miles, focusing on nothing but putting one foot In front of another. Running was like meditation for him; he'd used it innumerable times to clear his mind and think about absolutely nothing.

And like all those other times, it worked. He stepped off the treadmill feeling warm, loose, a little sweaty, and a hell of a lot calmer than he'd been earlier.

"Hey," Julie said, startling him a little. "Didn't see you at that forensics thing earlier."

Tony walked over to the bench, beginning to stretch out. "Yeah, I kind of cut. Gonna tell on me?"

She laughed. "Wish I could have. What'd you get up to?"

"Not a whole lot. Just wandered--it's kind of stupid to be here for a weekend and not see the city, you know?"

Julie grimaced and stretched. "Yeah, I know."

Tony linked his hands together and stretched his arms over his head, groaning a little at how good it felt. "How was the panel, anyway?"

"Boring as hell and completely incomprehensible if you're not into forensics. Which, by the way, I am not. Give me a bad guy to track down and I'm fine. Give me any kind of science stuff and I'll stare at you blankly. I have no idea why I had to go to this forensics thing." Julie wrinkled her nose. "And it didn't help that the speaker was into bugs. I mean...maggots? Ew. He kept talking about how you can determine how long someone has been dead by bugs and all sorts of other things and I'm like 'that's nice, and I'm sure it's important, but...ew."

"Abby--our forensics expert--has given up on me and our boss, but there's another agent she bonds with over computer geekery. I say more power to them." Tony grinned and sat down next to Julie. "What's on the agenda for tomorrow?"

"Nothing, really. One big panel with everyone, and...then we're gone." Julie shrugged. "And I get to jump on the plane back to New Mexico, and you get to go wherever you're going, and that's about that." She tilted her head, giving him a thoughtful look.

"Something on your mind?" he asked lightly. "I think the bar's closed by now, so we can't go have a drink."

"Nope. I was thinking more along the lines of skipping the drink and seeing if you wanted to go to bed with me."

Whoa. Tony blinked, not quite sure where that had come from. "Um--" How best to put this--'Sorry, Julie, but I'm currently involved in a threesome with my boss and that forensics expert I mentioned, there's a pretty high D/s factor in it, and if I so much as look at another person he'll have my balls on toast'? While funny, he didn't really think it'd be a good idea. "I'm involved," he said instead. "Sorry."

She sighed. "All the good ones. Damn. Tell whoever it is that she's a lucky girl."

"I will." Tony grinned. Truth was, he was the lucky one, but Abby would appreciate the sentiment.

He went back to his hotel room, washed up, and fell into bed. Maybe now he'd be able to sleep.

Sleep came, finally. Unfortunately, so did the dreams. Tony woke gasping, panting, the sheets tangled around him. Reflexively, he rubbed his wrists, making sure they were free, that there were no marks he'd have to hide. It took him a while to calm down and make his heart stop pounding, and breathing normally was an incredible effort.

So much for that.

The phone was on the nightstand, a little silver and black thing that sat there innocuously.

"Call me if you need anything. Understand?"

Yeah, he did. He also knew that he was going to get in massive amounts of trouble for not calling--but he couldn't do it.

"Fuck this," he muttered, getting out of bed. It was three in the morning, which meant that he'd be charged for the night, but just then he didn't care. He packed in a hurry, threw some clothes on, and tossed his hotel key on the bed before he left.

The night clerk blinked at him a little sleepily. "Sir, the conference--"

"Family emergency," he said with a wince and an apologetic look. "I have to leave."

"Understandable," the clerk apologized. "If you'll just sign here?"

Tony scribbled his name and left, finding his car and tossing his bag into the trunk. Question was, where to go next? He couldn't go home, much as he wanted to--it was bad enough he knew he'd fallen apart like this. He didn't think he could handle Abby's sympathy or even Gibbs' silent understanding.

"I really, really hope Lauren doesn't kill me over this," he muttered, digging out his phone. Speed dial #6, after Gibbs, Abby, work, pizza, and Chinese. He hit the button and waited.

One ring. Two. Thr--"H'lo?" a very sleepy female voice answered.

Shit. Lauren. "Hey, Lauren, it's Tony," he said quietly. "I really, really hate to wake you, but--"

"No," she said around a yawn. "You okay?"

"Not really." He started the car and headed for the highway. "Is Peter there?"

"Mm-hmm. One sec." Tony heard an annoyed grumble in the background, followed by Lauren murmuring something, and then the phone changed hands.

"Tony? You okay?"

He let out a deep breath. "No," he admitted. "No, and..."

"Where are you?"

Tony smiled a little. He could almost see Peter, probably pushing himself up to sit against the headboard of the big cherry sleigh bed, shoving a pillow behind his back. And Lauren, lying back down and pulling the covers over her head. "I'm on my way out of Philly," he said.

"What the--" Peter lowered his voice. "Tony, what the fuck were you doing in Philly?"

"Some conference thing. Don't ask. I'm probably about two hours away--can you meet me?"

"Meet me at that diner you like, the one by the old high school. Two hours, give or take. Okay?"

"Yeah." Tony's throat tightened a little. "Yeah."

"I'll see you then--and, Tony?"

"Yeah?"

Peter grinned; Tony felt it through the phone. "You're buying."

Tony didn't get a chance to respond; Peter had already hung up. He smiled a little, not sure whether to laugh or cry, and flipped his phone closed.

One of the best, he'd told Gibbs. One of the best.

He'd have to buy Lauren something to make up for this--flowers, or candy, or another teapot to add to her collection. He'd ask Peter.

Thank God there was no traffic, because he wasn't really paying attention to the road. He drove on autopilot, keenly aware of the phone next to him and knowing that when Gibbs found out about this, he was dead meat. Hopefully, Gibbs would understand a little and cut him some slack. He didn't want to think about Abby.

When he pulled into the parking lot of the diner, there were a few other cars there. Not many, but a few. He shoved his hands into his pockets and went inside, getting a booth near the back. Peter wasn't there yet and he ordered coffee, wrapping his hands around the faded white mug.

A couple minutes later, Peter came in, looking like he'd just rolled out of bed. Half his hair was sticking up, he wore jeans and an old sweatshirt and sneakers, and he was still yawning as he slid into the booth across from Tony.

The waitress came by, holding a coffeepot. "Coffee, hon?" she asked.

Peter shook his head. "Hot chocolate," he said sleepily.

She grinned. "Getting in touch with your inner kid, huh? You two need another moment to look over the menu?"

Tony glanced at Peter and they both shook their heads. "Cheeseburger and fries," Peter said around a yawn, handing over the menu. "No pickle."

"You got it. And you?"

"Short stack of pancakes and a side of bacon," Tony told her.

"Be right back with your chocolate." She took their menus and strolled off.

"Hot chocolate?" Tony asked wryly. "Since when did you drink that?"

"Since I don't drink coffee and I'd rather not have a Lipton teabag floating in a mug of warm water--and that's assuming they have decaf." Peter wrinkled his nose. "Not worth it."

"Good point." Tony had almost forgotten Peter's aversion to caffeine.

"So." Peter leaned back against the booth. "What the fuck were you doing in Philadelphia?"

"Law enforcement conference thing I couldn't get out of." Tony sipped his coffee and grimaced; even by Gibbs' standards, this was bad. He set the mug down and picked up some sugar packets, dumping the contents into his mug.

"Just too many memories?"

"Something like." Tony sighed. "I saw her. I was at this little sub shop I used to go to, and...she walked in."

"Oh, hell." Peter spared a moment to smile at the waitress who set his hot chocolate down. "What happened?"

Tony rubbed his forehead. "We talked. I know, I know, bad idea, but..." He sighed. "She almost slapped me, I pointed out the stupidity of the idea, and she stormed off. And then I threw up."

"Couldn't stay in Philly after that, huh?" Peter grimaced. "Can't say I blame you."

"I tried. But..." Tony shook his head. "Gibbs is going to kill me."

"For leaving? Or not telling him?"

"Which do you think?" Tony raised an eyebrow.

Peter sipped his hot chocolate, licking the whipped cream away from his upper lip. "I think sleeping with your boss isn't a great idea, and adding a third person into that is an incredibly difficult dynamic to pull off normally. I also think that when you toss in the D/s dynamic, you've got something that's damn near impossible to make work. I also think you've been happier since this started than you have been in years, and I think you've found a damned good thing." He took another sip of chocolate. "Which is why I'm telling you not to fuck it up."

"I know." Tony buried his face in his hands. "I know," he said again, voice muffled. "I just can't face him right now."

"Why?" Peter asked.

"Because…" Tony sighed. "Because I don't know what he'll do. He could punish me for this, for not telling him and running away, and God knows I deserve it. But I don't know if he will or not, and I'm afraid he won't. I'm afraid he'll just note it, and remember it, and not say anything."

"So it'd be easier for you to handle if--what, if he punished you? Tony, that's insane."

"Yeah, it is. And I know it is. But I can't...he's hard on me as my boss, you know? He expects perfection, and he's the first one to criticize when he doesn't get it. All of us, not just me. And that's the way it should be. But at home..." Tony exhaled deeply. "At home, it's different."

"What does he expect from you at home?" Peter asked.

"Honesty," Tony said quietly. "Complete and total honesty. He'll let both me and Abby get away with stuff--although if we're pushing it or crossing a line he'll let us know--but he demands honesty. And…and I don't know if I have been. I don't know if I've been honest with him since before I left. And I know he knows it. But he won't say a damn thing, and…I don't know what to do."

Peter spooned some of the whipped cream up, licking the spoon clean before he answered. "You Catholic boys never change, do you?" he asked idly. "It's all about guilt and penance. Nothing ever comes free."

"This is what I get for talking to a comparative religions professor," Tony grumbled.

"Seriously, Tony. Listen to yourself. Your father--he didn't give a flying fuck what you did. He didn't even notice half the time. But Gibbs does."

"So why is he doing this?" Tony demanded. "Why is he--"

"Because you're being harder on yourself than he ever could or would want to be," Peter interrupted. "Because sometimes punishment isn't about what others do to us, it's about what we do to ourselves. I will lay you odds that if he knows you as well as you think he does, he's waiting for you to finish ripping yourself apart and go back to him."

"God, I hate it when you're smart," Tony said wryly.

Peter grinned. "Hey, that was the split. I was the brain, you were the jock."

"Which is why you went to Princeton and I went to Ohio State," Tony said, managing a real smile for the first time that night.

The waitress came back with their food then. "Careful of those plates, boys, they're hot. Enjoy." She left, and Tony picked up a piece of bacon and took a bite.

"No, you went to Ohio State because they offered you an almost-full scholarship and you could get away from your father without needing his money," Peter reminded him. "I went to Princeton because my grandmother insisted."

"And because you were smart."

"Well, yeah, that too." Peter rolled his eyes and poured some ketchup on his plate.

"So you think I should go home," Tony said after a few moments of eating in silence.

"Are you done beating yourself up over her?"

Tony groaned. "I don't know. God...I should never have gotten involved with her. You'd think I'd have known the signs."

"You were like a lot of people, Tony. You didn't think it could happen to you." Peter shrugged. "Can't fix it now, so you might as well stop blaming yourself for it."

"Have I mentioned it that I hate it when you're smart?" Tony glared at him over a bite of pancake.

"Seriously, Tony." Peter leaned forward. "Let her stay in the past. You have--from what you've told me--a great thing going back home. Don't let her fuck it up."

"It was because of her that it all started," Tony said, his mouth twisting in what could have been a smile. "Did I ever tell you that?"

Peter blinked. "No, you didn't. What happened?"

Tony sighed. "I knew about Abby and Gibbs--well, I had a guess. And Abby confirmed it. And...I just--it was Abby. So I talked to Gibbs. And he talked to Abby. And Abby got pissed at me, and I ended up telling her about Kristen, and then I had to explain it to Gibbs. And then I went over to Gibbs' to apologize to them both and before I knew it..." He shrugged.

"So it was indirectly because of her that it started. Don't let it be directly her fault that it gets screwed up." Peter ate a french fry.

"I so hate you."

"Right." Peter grinned. "You hate me so much you called me at three in the morning and woke up my wife because you needed someone to talk to. By the way, you owe her a teapot. She's into silver lately."

"Duly noted." Tony sighed and slumped down in his seat. "How's Katie? And Daniel?"

To his relief, Peter accepted the tacit change of subject. "Katie's fine. Prettiest girl in her class--"

"Which she gets from Lauren, of course," Tony interrupted.

"As well as the tallest. Yes, I know, my children got my brains and Lauren's looks."

"No, I'd say they got Lauren's brains as well," Tony teased him.

Peter rolled his eyes. "And Daniel's starting first grade this fall."

Tony smiled and sipped some more coffee. "I guess I should go home," he said reluctantly.

"I guess you should." Peter leaned forward. "Tony, if they both care about you half as much as you want them to, it'll be okay. You might even get the penance you're looking for." He smiled. "But there's only one way to find out."

"I hate you." Tony sighed and took out his wallet, tossing a twenty onto the table.

"I know."

They walked outside, into the cool dark air. Peter had parked a couple spaces down from Tony and they walked to their cars in silence. "You gonna be all right?" Peter asked, digging out his keys.

Tony smiled a little. "I don't know."

Peter reached out and gripped his shoulder. "You can always stay with us," he said quietly. "But I don't think you'll need to."

"I sure as hell hope not." Tony pulled Peter into a hard, tight hug. "Thanks, man," he said, stepping back.

"Anytime."

Tony slid into the driver's seat and turned the key. If he was lucky, he'd be home by dawn.

****
For once, traffic cooperated, and it was just before six when he parked in front of Gibbs' house. The sun was starting to rise, giving everything that watery gray feel that made it all seem surreal. Which was good, because Tony wasn't sure reality was going to be a good thing.

He let himself in quietly and set his bag down, taking off his shoes and making his way upstairs as quietly as he could. He barely remembered to skip the squeaky seventh step before getting to the top and ducking into the bathroom to strip down to his boxers.

The bedroom door was open a crack; when he pushed it open he saw Abby sprawled out on her stomach, one arm hanging off the side of the bed, the covers tangled around her thighs. She wasn't wearing anything and he saw the fading marks on her ass.

Gibbs was sleeping on his side, facing Abby, one arm reaching out for her, his fingers brushing her shoulder. The sheet came up to his waist, and as far as Tony could tell he wasn't wearing anything either.

There wasn't room for him on either side, but if he was careful he could crawl into the middle.

"Get in here," Gibbs mumbled as he was trying to figure out how to do it without waking either of them. "She won't wake up."

He should have known better than to think he'd be able to not wake Gibbs. Tony smiled wryly and crawled into bed carefully, sliding down under the sheets and closing his eyes.

Gibbs drew him close, tucking Tony's head under his chin. "Sleep," he murmured.

Abby made a soft sound and rolled over, draping an arm over Tony's back. She cuddled up against him, sighing in her sleep.

Tony yawned and settled down. This wasn't done yet and he knew it. But he'd been welcomed home, and back into bed, and sleep was rushing over him like a tidal wave.

The rest could wait.
End Notes:
This is part of the Applied Psychology universe; takes place after Positive Reinforcement. Please read the previous stories before this one.
This story archived at http://www.ncisfiction.com/viewstory.php?sid=4891