Bringing Tony Around by YumYumPM
Summary: Tony's adament about not including McGee into their new-found relationship. Can Gibbs bring Tony around to the idea?
Categories: Gibbs/DiNozzo Characters: None
Genre: Established relationship, Humor, Episode Related
Pairing: Gibbs/DiNozzo
Warnings: None
Challenges:
Series: None
Chapters: 1 Completed: Yes Word count: 3267 Read: 5918 Published: 07/27/2005 Updated: 07/27/2005
Story Notes:
I thought this was going to be the final piece in this series, but evidently there is still one more story to be written.

1. Bringing Tony Around by YumYumPM

Bringing Tony Around by YumYumPM
Author's Notes:
Tony's adament about not including McGee into their new-found relationship. Can Gibbs bring Tony around to the idea?

Bringing Tony Around

After a week of being away from work, there was a lot of paperwork to catch up on and Gibbs was grateful for it. Part of him still wanted to drop everything and go off with Fornell, track down that bastard Ari and make him pay in spades. His gut told him that biding his time would be better… Ari had been a step ahead of them and not going after him now could throw him off.

Paperwork also kept his mind off of Tony and what he wanted to do with him and more importantly it kept his mind off of McGee. Not that he was interested in McGee, or at least he wouldn't have been if Ducky hadn't brought it up and Tony hadn't been so adamantly against it. It was like when someone tells you that you can't do something - you just have to do it to prove them wrong.

Their trip back to the bullpen had been silent, Gibbs lagging behind Tony as he left the elevator. He couldn't help admiring the nice view he had of Tony's rear. Damn the man had a fine ass, Gibbs thought shaking his head. He mentally pulled himself up, if he was to keep his vow to himself to keep their personal life separate, he was going to have to watch it. Strange, until recently a male's ass had never held any interest for him.

Unfortunately Gibbs' mind kept wondering back to that fine ass and trim body throughout the day. Hell, he even caught himself sneaking a peek at McGee's rear. Not that there was much to see. McGee was basically a suit and tie type of guy.

And what was up with Tony? He was acting like a real asshole. Ever since their return from Ducky's domain, Tony had been riding McGee's case, finding fault with every little thing the man did. Gibbs had thought the two men's working relationship had improved. After the fifth such remark Gibbs felt called upon to intervene.

"DiNozzo!" Gibbs said sharply, the warning clear in his voice.

Tony looked over at Gibbs, his eyes flashed and he promptly clammed up. McGee sent him a grateful look. Gibbs sighed; it was going to be a long day.

***

The day finally ended. Gibbs was worn out. Lack of sleep, combined with having to referee Tony and McGee had left him exhausted. It didn't help that he'd woken every few hours during the previous night, reaching for the younger man, only to find himself alone. Thinking it over on the way to work, he regretted suggesting that Tony go back to his apartment before they returned to the work place. Knowing that he wanted to continue the relationship he'd started with Tony had made confessing to Morrow seem like the sensible thing to do at the time.

Much to Gibbs chagrin, he found he didn't like waking up alone. For years Gibbs had managed to sleep alone, except for the occasional women that passed through his life. Before leaving work Gibbs planned on rectifying that, but before he could corner Tony and suggest his returning, Tony was gone.

It was beginning to drizzle when Gibbs got into his car, Tony's rental nowhere in sight. It was just turning into a downpour when he spotted McGee, his jacket pulled over his head, making his way to the bus stop. He wasn't sure why he did it, maybe he felt sorry for the way Tony had been treating McGee or maybe it was the bedraggled condition of the younger agent, but he pulled over and rolled down the passenger window. "Need a lift?"

McGee stopped, startled, and then looked around to see if Gibbs could be addressing someone else. The expression on his face grew comical, then leery, when he realized that Gibbs was addressing him.

In a way it shocked Gibbs when McGee swallowed hard and looked as if he were about to refuse the offer, so he reached over and shoved the passenger door open. "Get in," he ordered. Gibbs didn't make such offers often, in fact this was the first time and he wasn't taking ‘no' for an answer. After all it was really pouring and who knew how long McGee would have to wait for his bus, Gibbs reasoned. There was absolutely no ulterior motive.

McGee, with great reluctance it seemed to Gibbs, slid into the car. "Thanks, Boss…Gibbs," McGee said as Gibbs slid the car into gear and pulled away, barely missing hitting Tony's rental as he pulled into traffic.

‘Oh shit,' Gibbs thought, clamping tightly down with his jaws to keep the expletive from escaping.

***

Gibbs stood in front of Tony's door, his hand poised to knock. Everything considered he didn't think Tony would answer, so he lowered his hand and pulled out the lock pick he was never without. Squatting down so that he was at eye level with the doorknob, Gibbs shook his head at the shoddy workmanship as he worked the pick into the keyhole and heard the expected click.

Gently he pushed the door open before standing up and silently slipping inside. Gibbs paused, cocking his head to one side, hearing water running in the direction of Tony's bathroom. Sink not shower he decided and headed toward the sound.

Gibbs paused at the open entrance to the bathroom, his nostrils flaring as he stared at Tony's almost nude muscular body. Licking his lips, Gibbs wondered what was going through Tony's mind. Tony was leaning over the sink, only a wisp of a towel covered his slender hips and staring intently into the mirror his concentration complete. To Gibbs Tony's eyes, reflected in the mirror, appeared a dark hazel, almost green. What are you looking for, Gibbs wondered. Suddenly Tony's eyes seemed to refocus on what was behind him.

"Didn't hear you knock." Tony's voice was flat.

"That's because I didn't." Gibbs moved silently behind Tony, his hands moving along Tony's back, from the top of the towel to the muscular shoulders, down the well-developed biceps, his lips brushing across the shoulder blade. Tony tilted his head to one side, letting Gibbs nuzzle his neck.

"You already looking for a replacement?" Gibbs winched inwardly. Tony's insecurity plainly apparent by the question. "What did you do with McGee?"

"Took him home." Gibbs felt Tony stiffened under his touch. "His not mine." Gibbs elaborated into Tony's ear as he pressed his clothed body against Tony's, watching Tony's face reflected in the mirror. Gibbs ran one hand down the broad chest, twinking a nipple with his thumb feeling it harden, before sliding down to the top of the towel and running his fingers lightly across the bare skin just beneath it, feeling Tony's stomach muscles tighten at his touch. He couldn't resist running his other hand through the back Tony's hair, causing it to stand straight up. "You were pretty rough on him today."

Tony grunted, his eyes closing as Gibbs playfully nipped at an exposed ear. "It's not like you've never been hard on him, Boss," he accused.

Gibbs laughed softly. The ride to McGee's apartment had been uneventful though McGee had tried his best to get a conversation going. Gibbs would have preferred to hurry home, so he hadn't responded. After leaving the younger agent, who had exited the car almost before he stopped, Gibbs debated on heading home. Chewing on his lower lip as he drove, he guessed that Tony probably wouldn't be there, ready and waiting for him. He wanted to throw the blame all on Tony's shoulders or Ducky's for giving him the idea in the first place, but knew that wouldn't have been fair. It wasn't what he wanted to think about right now either.

"Did I ever tell you how hot your bod is?" Gibbs said instead. He proceeded to lick the side of Tony's neck, then chuckled as it elicited a very sexy grrrrowl. "Can't you imagine it," Gibbs spoke intimately into Tony's ear, "Me fucking you…you fucking McGee." …at the same time, he thought but didn't say. He chuckled again as his hand roamed over the skimpy towel and felt an answer in the rising member beneath. "I guess you can."

"Tell me you're not serious." Tony's eyes opened and narrowed, reflecting dark in the mirror, boring into his.

Gibbs removed his hands from the tempting body and backed away as Tony turned around. He turned his head away, wrenching his eyes from the sight of the lean hard body. "Pack some things and come home." Gibbs ordered, knowing that that was the wrong way to go about it.

"Why?" Tony's voice held a sharp edge to it and Gibbs couldn't bring himself to respond. It was bad enough admitting to himself how much he needed - wanted Tony, up close and personal, without actually admitting it to Tony. He felt Tony brush past him and Gibbs clinched his fist as he lowered his head letting out a sigh. He turned to follow, unsure of what to expect, wondering if he'd blown it.

***

With slow unsure steps he walked toward Tony's bedroom and stopped in the doorway. He was heartened when Tony, still wearing only the skimpy towel, pulled a suitcase and not his duffle bag, out of his closet and tossed it onto the bed. Maybe, just maybe…? Gibbs breathed easier and grabbed the chair next to the bed, turning it around so he could straddle it. His eyes followed Tony, watching his every move.

Tony moved first to the dresser, going from draw to draw, then back to the closet, removing and throwing clothing in a suitcase, humming something vaguely familiar as he did so.

The tune ran through Gibbs' head, and he couldn't help smiling as he caught it. ‘I want to be loved by you…by you and only you…I want to be loved by you. Alooone.' "You still mad about McGee? You seemed to find it exciting just a few minutes ago."

Tony looked guilty, as if remembering his reaction. "Have you considered what Abby might say about it?" He smacked his hand against his forehead. "What am I thinking? She'd probably want to watch." Then with anger in his voice. "Damn it all, I'm not really ready to share you yet. "

Gibbs dropped his eyes to the top of the chair-back and ran his finger back and forth across it. He wasn't completely sure what they had, but it made him feel strangely happy and he wasn't really ready to share Tony either. They didn't even know how McGee would react to the suggestion, how he would react to their relationship. McGee might not even be interested. Gibbs wasn't about to mention that to Tony though, he might need something to keep the cocky son-of-a- bitch in line.

Suddenly a different thought started to worm its way into his mind, something new to worry him. He remembers the bickering between Kate and Tony and catching a chance remark - something about a Catholic School uniform?

"Tony?" Gibbs cleared his throat before going on, keeping his eyes lowered. "Umm, I always thought that maybe you and Kate…." He didn't see Tony freeze or the look on his face that started out pensive and grew tender.

"Nah, it never would have worked out and we both knew it."

Gibbs looked up in surprise. He hadn't really expected an answer, much less an honest one. Tony had moved on, throwing CD's and DVD's into the suitcase.

"You realize I don't have a DVD player." Gibbs said, changing the subject not wanting to linger on the fact that that answer could well apply to what they currently had as well.

"So buy one." Tony responded matter-of-factly while debating over which of his many ties to pack, then carelessly tossing them all into the suitcase.

Gibbs grunted, he probably would end up buying one, if that was what Tony wanted. After all it looked like Gibbs was getting what he wanted - Tony back at his place, preferably in his bed. But a few ground rules were going to have to be set - and a few problems sorted out.

So deep in his thoughts was he that it took Gibbs by surprise when his chin was tilted so that he had to look up into Tony's somber face as he spoke more seriously. "I'm thinking you want to keep this quiet."

Gibbs reached out, pulling Tony close with one arm around the trim waist and planted a kiss just above the belly button. "Do you mind?" Gibbs asked, looking up hoping Tony understood. "Not everyone is going to take what we have as well as Ducky did. Morrow didn't."

"You know, we really ought to let Abby and McGee in on it. It's only fair, after all the director and Ducky know about us." Tony said, running his hand through Gibbs hair.

Gibbs let out a sigh of enjoyment. "Yeah, that probably would be a good idea." Gibbs admitted. "Why don't you get on it first thing tomorrow?"

"Me? Why me?" Tony stopped his stroking and looked down, staring indignantly at Gibbs.

"Because…," Gibbs searched for a reason. "Because you're better at this sort of thing then I am."

"Damn, I was looking forward to seeing how you broke it to Abby." Tony moved back and Gibbs eyes followed the towel as it dropped to the floor before Tony moved to the dresser to retrieve a pair of underwear. Tony turned back and pointing towards him with the hand that held the underwear informed him. "I'm not the one who's telling McGee."

"Okay." Gibbs, a slight smile lighting his face, agreed. "We'll let Abby do it."

Tony grinned broadly as he pulled up his briefs cutting off Gibbs view. Tight white briefs that molded to Tony's body leaving nothing to the imagination. Gibbs knew that Tony had done that on purpose. It was with great difficulty that Gibbs wrenched his mind from what he wanted to do. Not here, Gibbs thought, licking his lips. If he started something here they would never make it back to his place. He nearly missed Tony's next words. "I wanna see that. What about Palmer? Do we tell him?"

They looked at each other and in unison, both having the same thought. "Nah." Gibbs was of the opinion that if Ducky wanted Palmer to know he could tell him.

Tony looked back down at him as he surged closer, well aware of the effect he was having on Gibbs as evident by the cocky smile on his face. Gibbs had no choice but to grab him and pull him close. Tony squatted down, Gibbs hand sliding up his back, bring them eye to eye. Their eyes connected and Gibbs read understanding, trust and tenderness in Tony's and it made him smile. Tony smiled back and leaned forward bring their lips together lightly. It felt good.

Gibbs could no longer say he'd never had a cold nor been so glad that he had been proven wrong. Things were pretty near just perfect…except for…. Damn that Ari. Gibbs wished he'd followed his first instinct and shot him through his black heart and not in the shoulder. He'd never have gotten away with it and things would have gone very different. He and Tony wouldn't be at the point they were now and he didn't want to change that for anything. Ari was not the only danger either. Someone high in the chain of command had Percal shot rather thin risk Gibbs compromising Haswari.

"What's going through that devious mind of yours?" Tony's voice brought Gibbs back from his revere. He was frowning, his forehead crinkling. "Boss? About Ari - we going to let him walk?"

Gibbs looked up in surprise. When had Tony started reading his mind? "Nope. Starting tomorrow I want Abby working on a certain encrypted transmission. Someone high in the chain of command knows where Ari is. I'm sure of it."

"Hmmm, isthat before or after we tell Abby…"

Gibbs turned his head away and laughed. Tony's hand was on his cheek and his face was turned back toward Tony's. "About McGee. Do we really need him?" Tony asked an unhappy look in his eyes that cut Gibbs to the quick.

"You talking professional or personal?"

"Personal. Hell, I know professionally he's an asset to the team, as much as it pains me to admit…but do we really need …"

"Tony." It was taking everything in him to keep from wrapping his arms around Tony. He didn't want to hurt him. "If things go they way I think they might… let's face it, Ari's a coward, who knows where he'll strike. Anyone of us could be next. If that happens, have you ever considered that McGee might need us? That Abby might not be enough?"

"Okay, if it comes to that McGee can expect the same treatment from me that I give to you. But, Boss?" Tony looked disgruntled as he turned to shut the lid on his suitcase. "Why do you always have to be right?"

"Get some clothes on, Special Agent DiNozzo, and we'll take this and a few other things up at home." Gibbs rose from the chair and caressed Tony's butt.

"Why don't we just take those few things up now?" Tony asked with a leer.

"Because, Tony, women aren't the only ones who like to have sex in their own beds." Gibbs said as he headed toward the door, knowing perfectly well the state he was leaving Tony in. "I prefer it too."

"Boss! You're just going to leave me in this condition?" Tony called as he hastily pulled on his clothing to follow Gibbs out. "Come on, Boss?! Boss?"




Continues in "And McGee Makes Three"












End Notes:
I thought this was going to be the final piece in this series, but evidently there is still one more story to be written. Continues in "And McGee Makes Three"
This story archived at http://www.ncisfiction.com/viewstory.php?sid=4918