Kindertotenlieder by lisahavelock
Summary: A clown is killing children but NCIS Director Smith ties Gibbs' hand.
Categories: Gibbs/DiNozzo Characters: None
Genre: Crossover
Pairing: Gibbs/DiNozzo
Warnings: Death story
Challenges:
Series: None
Chapters: 1 Completed: Yes Word count: 1121 Read: 3386 Published: 09/12/2005 Updated: 09/12/2005

1. Kindertotenlieder by lisahavelock

Kindertotenlieder by lisahavelock
Author's Notes:
A clown is killing children but NCIS Director Smith ties Gibbs' hand.

In a rented car, Tony drove Gibbs to work. At the door, they were greeted by Abby. "How's the happy couple?" she asked.

"Just fine," Gibbs said, and kept walking with Tony. With Abby out of earshot, he added, "Though you've been very silent in bed since you came back from the Silent Drill Team."

"That's because I have..." Tony trailed off when he saw Harmon Rabb, from JAG, approaching.

"Ten dependent children died at Camp Lejeune over the weekend, Gunny, local authorities suspect homicide," Rabb informed.

"What kind of monster kills children?" Tony asked rhethorically.

Pretty soon, Gibbs, DiNozzo, McGee and Rabb were at the home where the first child had died. McGee found a red, hollow ball with a hole. "What could this be?" he wondered.

"It's a clown nose," Gibbs said.

"How do you know that?" Harm asked a little incredulously.

"Because I know everything," Gibbs said plainly.

At the other nine houses they also found red noses. Gibbs took one of the red noses out of the bag and fitted it on McGee with ease.

"Whatever clown did this, he has the same nose size as you, McGee," Gibbs explained, without the least hint of an apology.

In the afternoon, NCIS Director Smith held a press conference for the parents. "We're calling the suspect 'Bonnie the Clown.' We'll catch Bonnie the Clown and make him pay for what he's done." The parents applauded.

The best lead Gibbs had indicated that Bonnie the Clown was headed to Cherry Point. "I'm driving," Gibbs said to Tony.

"But I told them I'd be the only one driving," Tony complained. Gibbs gave Tony one look and Tony remembered he just couldn't argue with Gibbs.

On the way to Cherry Point, he was stopped by the police. "Is there a problem, officer?" Gibbs asked sarcastically.

"Don't sass me, boy. What's the speed limit on this highway?" the cop asked.

"Oh, I don't know, 45?" Gibbs said coolly.

"You were doing 47 miles per hour. The speed limit clearly said 45. Get out of the car."

Gibbs just smirked.

The cop shot at two of the tires. "Next bullet is for your head if you don't get out of the car."

"How am I going to explain this to the car rental agency?" Tony asked Gibbs.

Long story short, the police officer held Gibbs up for the whole afternoon. When he finally let them go, and after getting the tires replaced, they arrived at Bonnie the Clown's hideout just outside the base, they found the apartment empty. Empty except for a TV set and a VCR, and a tape.

Rabb put it in the player, and Bonnie the Clown appeared on the screen, a tall, thin, Caucasian male with clown make-up on. "Even if you catch me, you will never defeat my cause! I will rid this country of childhood obesity! Ha, ha, ha! But you won't catch me anyway. I'm going to this private airfield, and taking my private airplane on a little trip to Chicago, one of the fattest cities in the country," he held a map up to the camera. "Try and catch me, ha, ha, ha!"

"I know where that field is," Rabb said.

"Of course you know that, pilot boy," Gibbs said derisively as he jingled Tony's rented car keys in his pocket.

"I'm driving this time, Boss, or you don't get any you-know-what tonight," Tony said.

"Alright...", Gibbs acquiesced and threw the keys to Tony.

Once in the car, Gibbs called Kate. "Kate, you will go ASAP to the private airfield and retrieve Bonnie the Clown's flight plan. Our pilot boy from the other series will give you directions." He put Harm on the phone.

Halfway to the airfield, they were stopped by another police officer. "Are you from England, you limey bastard?" the cop asked.

"But officer, I was driving on the right side of the road!"

"No, you were not. If I say you were driving on the left side of the road, that's the side you were on." And so they were detained there until the next morning, when they got a call from Smith, ordering them to return to NCIS headquarters.

"It's almost as if someone didn't want us to catch Bonnie the Clown," Harm observed.

Back at NCIS headquarters, Kate reported to Gibbs. "I got stopped by a cop, supposedly for driving without a headlight," Kate said.

"How long did he hold you up?" Gibbs asked.

"About ten minutes," Kate answered. "I promised to go on a date with him this Friday."

"Good work, Kate. What did you find out at the airfield?"

"Bonnie the Clown filed a flight plan to Chicago."

Smith was giving another press conference to the parents. "We'll catch Clyde the Clown and make him pay for what he's done. Clyde the Clown killed his own children. Clyde the Clown is developing genetic weapons to kill firstborn sons." The parents applauded.

Then Smith ordered Gibbs and his team to Clyde the Clown's house. They tore the house upside down, and found Clyde the Clown hiding in the doghouse. They called local police to take him away. "Don't get me wrong," started Kate, "Clyde the Clown is a horrible man. But isn't Bonnie the Clown the one the parents want caught?"

"I want him caught too. I'm gonna give that Smith dumbass a piece of my mind," Gibbs said.

Gibbs came back to NCIS headquarters at noon. "There were no genetic weapons at Clyde the Clown's house. We found plenty of sick, disturbing things, but no evidence that Clyde the Clown has killed anyone besides his own children."

"We can't wait for evidence to turn up in the form of a dead child," Smith said.

"What about Bonnie the Clown?" Gibbs asked.

"Not a priority anymore," Smith said coolly.

"Bonnie the Clown has actually killed children besides his own. I must catch him and make him pay for what he's done," Gibbs said resolutely.

"He filed a flight plan to Chicago, but I told him to cross the Atlantic and lose himself somewhere. Are you gonna travel the world in search of Bonnie the Clown? You'll never catch him!" Smith then started laughing like a villain.

"So you're in league with Bonnie the Clown! You're the worst NCIS Director ever!" Gibbs exclaimed. "I'll see to it that you're replaced by one of my ex-wives!" Gibbs walked out of Smith's office in a huff.

This story archived at http://www.ncisfiction.com/viewstory.php?sid=4995