All on a chance meeting by max
Summary: Kate sometimes can't believe how much men fall at her feet.....
Categories: Gen Characters: None
Genre: Romance
Pairing: Kate/Other
Warnings: None
Challenges:
Series: None
Chapters: 1 Completed: Yes Word count: 909 Read: 2761 Published: 10/12/2005 Updated: 10/12/2005
Story Notes:
This is a little story, about how people can meet in the strangest of ways.....

1. All on a chance meeting by max

All on a chance meeting by max
Author's Notes:
Kate sometimes can't believe how much men fall at her feet.....

Kate pulled up to her appartment block and drove around to park at the back.
She got out of the car and headed towards the doorway.
As she got out of the lift she saw a man standing outside her appartment knocking on the door.
She walked up slowly, eying the man up and down to see if she recognised him.
When the man realised she wasn't home, he turned towards the lift and walked past her.

Kate cleared her throat and spoke. "er, hi.Can i help you?"
The man stopped and turned around. "Well, I'm looking for Kate Todd. Do you know her?"
"Well, what's it about?" Kate asked before telling him who she was.
"Er, well, it's kinda personal. I was just wondering if you knew when she might be home. I just would like to talk to her."
The man looked kinda harmless enough, so she decided to tell him.
"Well, I'm Kate Todd. have we met?"
"YOU'RE KATE TODD? Wow!"
"yeah....what can i do for you, do I know you?"
"Oh Hi, erm, no we haven't met. Well I'm Gary Stone. I work with your brother."
Kate looked a little unsettled for a moment.
"My brother, is everything ok with Josh?"
Gary just smiled and said,"Of course it is, well,remember i said it was personal".
"Indeed you did. How so"?
"haha, well, he promised that if I ever gor promoted before he did, he would, erm....get me a date with his sister. Kinda embarrising really, but.....he's great with the ladies and, well....so i figured why not."
"He said WHAT? WAIT TILL I SEE HIM.....!"
gary blushed up a little.
"Oh.....well, i take it he said nothing to you....boy do i feel like an idiot now?"
Kate paused for a moment. "Did you come from the base in Norfork?"
"Er, yeah.....bit of a drive at this hour."
"Well i guess you'd better come in then."
"Really?"
"I will make you a coffee and you can tell me some gossip about my brother ok?"
"Great.....deal"

Kate let herslef in and Gary followed.
"Wow, this is a nice place."
kate just smiled. "So, do you live hear alone?"
Kate grinned and gave him a look.
"Ah....right.....erh....so you wanna know about Josh....."
"After this little stunt....absolutly.......wait till i see him....haha".
Gary couldn't believe how georgous she was, and that he was in her appartment.
"Take a seat, i will go and put a pot of coffee on ok."
Kate pulled out the coffee machine and started to make a fresh pot.
"So, how long have you known Josh for then....and what did he tell you about me....and be honest ok"
Kate walked back into the living room and sat down opposite Gary.
"Erh, well, not long really.I transfered from washington anout two months ago. Josh and i just seemed to hit it off. I think he likes my sister to be honest."
"So that's what this is then haha".
"Well, he thinks I should start dating again, but maybe it is so i can return the favour, know what I mean?"
They both chuckled.
"So, what did he tell you about me then?"
"Not a lot actually. he said you moved out here a year ago from washington, and that you worked in something to do with the whitehouse."
Kate raised her eyebrows. "Well, yeah, you could say that. What else did he tell you?"
"That you were......well.....a pain in his arse! haha but you know Josh, always the clown."
"Yeah....he is certainly that".
"So, what did you do in the whitehouse, I am dying to know."
Kate shifted a little uncomfortably......"Well, I was....head of security on airforce one."
Gary chuckled....."Yeah right....go on, please tell me......"
"I did......i was in the secret service.....on airforce one. I left a year ago. Personal reasons.....but....it was pretty intense."
Gary just looked shocked and simply replied......
"NO WAY.....well.....wow.......! What could you possibley do after that then? For real?"
"Yeah.....for real. I am NCIS now".
"Ooooh, NCIS.....Haha, well, you're not gonna arrest me or something are you......?"
kate smiled again....."Not unless i need to....."A noise interupted the flirting.
"Sorry, Excuse me am moment, i have to get this.......Agent Todd.......Oh Hi Abs....."
kate moved into the kitchen and carried on her conversation. Gary stood up to look at some of her photos on the wall....
"Whoa....she's not kidding...." Gary looked at the one of the photos of Kate standing next to the President.

"Sorry about that....work....you knwo how it is.....listen, i hate to have to do this, but, It's Friday night and i kind of had plans already. I really need to get ready. But maybe you could call me sometime ok?"
Gary smiled and finished his drink....."I would really love that Kate....how about dinner sometime?"
"Sure, why not......here's my card with my Cell number ok?"

Kate opened the doorfor Gary,he leant in an gave her a little peck in the cheek, which made the both of them blush.
"Great to meet you Kate,and this was definatly worth driving here for, if not a bit chancey.....I will call you"
"Great....have a safetrip back....oh and tell Josh, he's in for it haha".
I owe him a drink for this.....have a good night Kate....."
And with that, Kate closed the door and smiled to herself.........

"I guess i should get in the shower for my other date....." Kate thought to herself.





End Notes:
This is a little story, about how people can meet in the strangest of ways.....
This story archived at http://www.ncisfiction.com/viewstory.php?sid=5056