The Other Side of Darkness by wombatgrrl
Summary: The Time for Games was Over
Categories: Gibbs/Abby Characters: None
Genre: Established relationship, PWP - Plot, What Plot?
Pairing: Gibbs/Abby
Warnings: BDSM, Dark story, Disturbing imaginery, Kink
Challenges:
Series: None
Chapters: 1 Completed: Yes Word count: 3035 Read: 5605 Published: 12/23/2005 Updated: 12/23/2005

1. The Other Side of Darkness by wombatgrrl

The Other Side of Darkness by wombatgrrl
Author's Notes:
The Time for Games was Over
"For it was not into my ear you whispered, but into my heart. It was not my lips you kissed, but my soul."
Judy Garland
"What have you got for me Abs?"

Gibbs strode into the lab with his usual lack of preamble. Tony and McGee hurried in close behind and from the looks on their faces it was obvious Gibbs was not in a good mood. This of course was an entirely relative state, as few of his associates could actually remember a day when Gibbs had been in what most people would call a good mood.

"Prepared to be dazzled", Abby said proudly. "Through great skill I managed to extract mitochondrial DNA from a few skin cells embedded in some ear wax I found coating the end of the victim's pen"

"Yewwhh! Gross!" DiNozzo's comment bought him a short, sharp slap on the head from his boss." Owww!"

Abby carried on regardless, "Mitochondrial DNA is inherited only through the maternal line, unlike normal DNA where we inherit half from both the maternal or paternal side. Did you know that some scientists actually think they can trace human history back to the first mother? They can show that people from different…"

Gibbs interrupted abruptly. "Dammit Abby!" he exploded, fixing her with a fierce stare, "You've been spending too much time with Ducky! Have you managed to identify the damn suspect?"

"Gibbs, the samples were like totally degraded, which is why I had to…"

"I came down here for results Abby, not a lecture on genetics. I'm in the middle of a case, and I haven't got time to indulge your need to show off!"

Tony and McGee suddenly found interesting things to study on the lab floor, thus missing Gibbs' hands as he signed "You need a good spanking!"

Abby's eyebrows raised in pretend surprise as she signed "Yes, please!" in reply.

"I'll be finished when I'm finished", was the retort her colleagues heard. They shuffled nervously, anticipating another blast from Gibbs.

"What are you two waiting for? "Gibbs turned on them. "McGee, go and help Ziva analyse the surveillance footage. DiNozzo, I want that Petty Officer bought in for questioning. Abby, I'll be back here in an hour for those results and, "Gibbs paused and held her gaze with his, "((you)) better be ready for me."

As they left the room Abby turned back to her computer and clapped her hands with a squee of delight "Oh shiny!"

Abby wasted no time getting back to work, trying not to be distracted by her growing anticipation. Besides, she reminded herself, maybe nothing would happen. Work always took precedence, and it wouldn't be the first time a proposition had not been fulfilled due to the demands of the job. Her encounters with Gibbs were generally unplanned, which added to their excitement. Sometimes though, Abby might drop hints like calling him Sir in front of the others, or leaving her stuffed farting hippo on the lab bench. Only Gibbs and Tim knew her safeword was "hippo", although as she never had occasion to use it with Tim, she didn't think he'd get the connection.

For Gibbs, signing was foreplay. Even when the words he signed weren't suggestive, it was an intimacy that only they shared, and could safely share at work. Abby thought that speaking in this other, physical language allowed Gibbs to bridge the gap between his constrained persona as NCIS Special Agent Gibbs and, the man she thought of as the real Gibbs.

After forty minutes of frantic, but meticulous, work Abby had just completed the analyses when her phone rang.

"Abby, it's Tim. I wanted to warn you Gibbs is on his way down."

"What?! Thanks. Gotta go." Typical of McGee to worry. He was so sweet thought Abby; which was his greatest asset, and in her mind, his greatest flaw. She felt a surge of disappointment at the news: if Gibbs was coming back this early, odds were it was just the results he wanted. But he had said she should be ready for him, and Abby was not one to disobey an order. Well, not unless it would bring her pleasure, she thought.

Rushing to her locker she hurriedly peeled off her knickers, trying not to catch them on her platform latex boots, and tossed them into her bag. A moment later she heard the outer lab door slam and a voice call for her.

"Results are right here Gibbs", she said holding out a folder. "Petty Officer Gallagher lied; the DNA proves he was in the apartment".

"Ziva and McGee found footage of him from the car park assaulting the second victim. Tony picked him up, and he confessed before they even got back here. So," Gibbs smiled, "no rush on the evidence".

"To what then, do I owe the honour of this visit?" Abby said as she put the file on the bench, her short black kilt twirling suggestively as she spun back to round to Gibbs.

"You were insubordinate in front of my team, Abby. I won't tolerate defiance of my authority" said Gibbs sternly.

"So I'm to be disciplined Sir?" Abby's question sounded more hopeful than fearful.

Gibbs considered her for a moment. Their colleagues were often bemused at the affectionate relationship between the ex-marine and the Goth girl. However, from the start Gibbs and Abby had recognised a strong bond between them that overrode their superficial differences. Once their relationship progressed beyond the strictly professional, they had delighted in exploring the complexity of this connection, as well as their complementary desires.

They both enjoyed playing their games of dominance and submission, but today Gibbs felt that's all they were - games. He had never taken Abby to the point where she gave herself over totally to him. To make her truly submit, to reach that blissful state she needed to feel the threat, as well as the promise of his power. Was she ready for that? Was he?

"Are you curious?' Gibbs signed.

"Curious?" Abby signed as a question.

Gibbs walked across the lab, took down her farting hippo from the top of the supply cabinet, and placed it on the bench between them. Abby looked curiously at him. Gibbs' fingers moved slowly as he signed in reply," I want to explore how far we can go. Do you?"

She held his gaze for moment and then, as a response, she dropped to the floor, kneeling with her legs apart, head bowed and her hands behind her back.

"Yes Sir. Please Sir" Abby said emphatically.

Gibbs moved to the ‘at ease' position. Legs shoulder width apart, hands clasped behind his back.

"When you start in the marines, you are broken down. You are taken apart until you are nothing, and then remade as a marine. Starting now, you are nothing. You will obey me without questioning. I don't care what hurts you or what pleases you. You are nothing – no-one is lower than you."

Abby raised her head. "Not even Tony?" she said with a smirk.

Gibbs slapped her across the face. Abby rocked back on her heels, more from the shock of it than from the pain.

"Do not fuck with me Abby!" Gibbs' voice was low and harsh, "Are you in this for real, or are you just after a bit of a rough to turn you on? I'm asking for your surrender, but it may be something you are unable to give. If you just want to play, if you just want to pretend, go find McGee and stop wasting my time".

His words stung Abby more than the slap. But she also felt a thrill at what he was asking and what he was offering. This wasn't just about submitting her body to him; it was about relinquishing her self. She knew that this could take their relationship to a new level, but also that it may transform them both in unknown ways. She knew this would be as much a test of what Gibbs was willing to give up; what he was prepared to expose. Was either of them prepared for that? Abby wasn't entirely sure - but was there any true pleasure without risk?

Gibbs took her silence as assent "Stand up"

Abby rocked back on her heels, and stood in one motion, facing Gibbs with her head bowed. He reached into his pocket, and produced a knife. Flicking open the blade, he used it to tilt Abby's head up.

"Rule Number 9 Abby" said Gibbs with a menacing smile.

Abby blinked. She knew he wouldn't ((really)) hurt her, and anyway she had her safeword. She tried to ignore the part of her that wondered whether either of these things would really protect her.

Gibbs was pleased to see the doubt creep into her eyes. With one hand he held the end of her white shirt, while using the knife to slice each button from its place. The bone discs rained on the floor around them like confetti. Abby's shirt fell open, allowing him to glimpse the storybook of tattoos beneath. He placed the tip of the knife firmly in the hollow of her throat, just below her studded collar. Abby's face remained composed, but the rise and fall of her chest betrayed her feelings as her breathing quickened.

Gibbs drew the knife downwards gently, although a few small droplets of blood beaded along the line. When he reached her bra, her sliced the front open with a flick of his wrist. The black lingerie fell apart, revealing breasts each pierced through its nipple with a curved silver barbell.

Gibbs put the knife on the bench, moved to stand close behind her and placed his palms over her breasts. He held them for a moment before squeezing each nipple between thumb and forefinger.

"You are beautiful my dark angel"

They stood for a moment, each body tense, yet leaning slightly on the other. Abby's breathing slowed as desire chased away some of her fear. Gibbs reached around her and unbuckled her black leather belt, which he slid from her waist and placed on the bench. She felt a rush of cool air as he lifted the rear hem of her kilt and tucked it into the waistband, exposing her naked ass.

"Present yourself for me".

Abby turned to lean on the bench, crossed her arms in front of her, and rested her chin on her hands. Gibbs moved towards her and kicked her foot with his.

"Legs apart. Wider. I want you spread for me"

Gibbs stepped back, and ran his eyes from her shiny black knee high boots tight over her calves, up to her white thighs where he could just catch a glimpse of her pierced labia between them. Her buttocks were criss-crossed with the fading welts of a recent caning. He moved one hand over them, barely touching her downy fuzz.

"Been bending over for someone else, you little bitch?" He traced a bruise with his thumb, and then pinched her hard, feeling her cheek clench beneath him. "It wasn't young Timothy was it? I think not. Maybe some Mistress in a tight corset? I know you like girls too."

Abby didn't reply, but couldn't stop from blushing. She was embarrassed that Gibbs had seen evidence of her recent activity, although exclusivity had never been part of their deal. Hell, she'd seen him arrive at work often enough with his red-haired playmate. ((But)) it had been a Mistress in a tight corset who'd caned her and then sucked on her clit until she'd come.

"Never mind. I plan to leave marks on you that won't fade so easily".

With that Gibbs smacked her hard on the right buttock. He waited a moment for the sensation to register, and then smacked her again, and again. Adrenaline, endorphins and whatever hormone was responsible for lust shot through Abby. Her body relaxed into the blows, her breathing even. God she loved feeling his bare hand slap hard against her.

Gibbs reached for her leather belt and wrapped it a few times around his hand. Using an underarm motion he flicked the last four inches of it up between her legs, slapping the leather against her swollen cunt lips. For Abby the pain was exquisite. Her clit and cunt and hell, every other part of her as well, ached with need. She was wet and swollen and craving his touch. She bit hard into her bottom lip to keep control, to stop from begging for what she yearned for.

Gibbs ran his fingers down between her cheeks, past her ass, until they pressed against the smooth skin just behind her cunt. Desire was possessing Abby. She pushed back against his fingers, trying to suck them inside her, wanting to feel his fingers caress her. A small moan purred in her throat.

Suddenly Gibbs stepped back and with a full swing, cut hard into the tender tops of her thighs with the belt.

"I don't – whack – care –whack – what you – whack – want – whack"

"Please Sir. I'm sorry Sir. I promise to be good, I won't disobey" Abby pleaded.

"You still think you can turn it on, play the good sub, and you'll be in control of what's happening here? WRONG!"

Gibbs slammed the belt down hard next to her face sending shock waves through Abby and the lab bench.

"You want me to fuck you Abby? Here take me,' Gibbs thrust three fingers deep into her, stretching her cunt wide around his knuckles. She felt the weight of his body against her as he lent over and grabbed her collar. He pulled tight on it, causing her breath to come in shallow jagged gasps. Abby could smell the power the coming off him, enveloping her like a heady scent. She felt a surge of real terror as she started to sense the darkness within him. Her trust in him evaporated as she wondered whether he could, or would, maintain control.

"Your problem Abby is your arrogance. You think you better than everyone. Quicker than Di Nozzo, smarter than McGee. You thought you were so much worldlier than Kate. Always making her feel like an uptight virgin next to you." His hand stopped moving inside her, and for a moment he loosened the leather around her throat.

"Nooo! She…was…my… friend." Abby sobbed in a raspy voice.

"And I got her killed. She died because of me. She wasn't the first person to die or suffer because of me. There've been other agents, and soldiers, and people I don't know. And people I love. And you know what – there is a part of me that doesn't care. Does. Not. Care. "Gibbs spat the words out.

Two fingers looped under her collar, twisting it to tighten to cruelly against her throat. Gibbs' hand plunged brutally deep inside her. Abby was submerging beneath a maelstrom of desire and fear. She was starting to grey-out from lack of air; her consciousness was receding so that her whole world was centred on her cunt as it enveloped Gibbs' hand.

"On that rooftop, when Kate lay dead with a hole in her head, and Tony stood there with her brains spattered on his face, do you know what my first thought was? Ari. Damn I thought Ari is one up on me. All I wanted was to beat Ari. What sort of man does that make me?"

Abby managed to focus on his words. Was he asking her, she thought, or himself? Later, she wouldn't be able to say why, but Abby suddenly felt a calmness spread though her. She didn't trust Gibbs at this point, but she had something more - she had faith in him. Abby stretched her arms out either side of her along the bench, and raised herself up, so that the full weight of her body rested against the leather choked around her throat. She glanced to her right and with a motion of her hand, swept the hippo off the bench.

Gibbs watched the toy bounce onto the floor. He felt the tension shift in her body and knew that the uncertainty was gone: at that point she was his. A surge both physical and emotional ran through him, greater than any orgasm. Gibbs was almost overwhelmed that Abby had felt the true intensity and darkness of his power and accepted it. His fingers curled inside her and he felt her squeeze back. Slowly he loosened his grip on her collar, and wrapped his arm around her breasts for support has he withdrew his hand from her.

Abby's knees buckled and Gibbs moved in close. He untucked her kilt and smoothed it down before wrapping both arms around her, drawing her up and folding her in to his body. He turned the young woman to face him and gently brushed back a sweaty slick of fringe stuck to her forehead. Black tears streaked her cheeks.

"Look at me" Gibbs whispered.

From faraway Abby heard his voice.

"Look at me, my dark angel"

With great effort Abby opened her eyes and met his gaze. She felt as if she were falling into the sky, losing herself in its blue-grey infinity. She wasn't sure where she finished and the sky began.

Gibbs saw himself reflected in her dark, blown pupils. He moved in to her, and held his mouth millimetres from her lips. From her place in the sky she felt a warm breeze. His lips moved into hers.

And with his kiss, she came.

THE END
This story archived at http://www.ncisfiction.com/viewstory.php?sid=5191