Family Problems by ILuvKateTodd
Summary: KATE realises her sister is dead.Her sisters lawyeer drops by with a little surprise.
Categories: DiNozzo/Kate Characters: None
Genre: Action
Pairing: None
Warnings: Death story
Challenges:
Series: None
Chapters: 1 Completed: No Word count: 1540 Read: 2742 Published: 12/27/2005 Updated: 12/27/2005

1. Family Problems by ILuvKateTodd

Family Problems by ILuvKateTodd
Author's Notes:
KATE realises her sister is dead.Her sisters lawyeer drops by with a little surprise.
Disclaimer:None of these characters belong to me except Camilla and Kate's family.They all belong to NCIS but if I did own NCIS Kate would NEVER OF DIED.


Family Problems


"Hi there,I'm looking for Caitlyn Todd?".asked this guy in a lawyeery suite.
"Um yeh,my name is Caitlyn Todd,how can I help you?".
"Errrrr,hi my name is Micheal Johntson,I believe you sister's name was Rachel Todd?".he asked.
"Yes she was,why,what does she have to do with you?".she asked.
"Im very sorry to say this,but you sister and your brother-in-law died.On her will,you were next of kin to look after there daughter Camilla if anything bad happened tot hem.".he said.

Kate was shell shocked.Didn't know what to say.Untill a little girls head popped out of the wall.Kate thought that,that was Camilla but didn't want to say hi Camilla just in case it wasn't her.Then her sisters lawyeer spoke.

"Camilla,I would like you to meet your mothers sister,who is your Aunty,Aunty Caitlyn Todd!".said Micheal.

With that Micheal left Camilla and Kate to have some,Catch-up-time.Camilla already had some of her things like her bags of clothes,shoes ect.Kate was the first of the two to speak.

"Um Hi,my name is Kate I'm your Aunty as you already know,um what's your name.".said Kate very cautiously.
"m,m,m,m,m,y,y,y,y,y name is C-C-C-C-C-C amilla."said Camilla.
"Well isn't that such a bea-u-ti-ful name,how old are you?".asked Kate.
"Im four,nearlly five!How old are you?"asked Camilla.

But before Kate could answer,Dinozzo,Gibbs and Mcgee all walked in and looked at Kate.

"Um sweety,why don't you go sit over there,(pointing to her chair at her desk)while I go talk to some collegues,ok honey?".
"Ok Aunt Kate!.".said Camilla very cheerfully.

Camilla went and sat at Kate's desk while Gibbs,Dinozzo,Mcgee and herself moved to speak out of earshot wavelength so Camilla couldn't hear what they were saying.

"Um Kate,why did that little girl just call you Aunt?".asked Gibbs.
"Um,well you see,she's my niece and um I'm left to look after her well because her parents,Rachel and Ryan,died and well on their will,they said that Camilla's godmother and he aunty Kate looked after her,and well I'm looking after her and she's only four Gibbs.".said Kate.

Gibb's didn't say a thing.All he did was stare at the little girl as she came over to Kate.

"Aunty Kate?".asked Camilla.
"Yeh sweety,whats up?".asked Kate as she kneeled down to the little Girl.
"Well I'm hungry,can we get something to eat,pritty please?".asked Camilla.
"Yeh ok,how bout we go down stairs to the cafe downstairs.Do you guys want anything?".asked Kate turning to her collegues in front of her.
"Ah no Kate I'm fine.".said Mcgee and Gibbs in unision.
"And what about you Dinozzo?".asked Kate turning directly at Tony.
"Um no thanks Kate,trying to loose a couple of pounds!".said Dinozzo pating his big tummy.
"Ok guys,suite ya selves,come on sweety lets go!".said Kate.

With that Kate and Camilla left the,"grousome threesome",to do their work.To do some work in peace and without Kate and Camilla in their way.

About an hour later,Camilla and Kate came back.Camilla was asleep in Kate's arms.When Dinozzo seen that Camilla was asleep,he quickly got his jacket and rolled it up on the ground for Kate to put Camilla down on it.Kate mouthed Thank you as she put her down and grabbed her jacket and put it over her so she could get warm.Kate and Dinozzo continued on with their work.It was getting late and Camilla still wasn't awake.Without knowing,Kate,Dinozzo,Mcgee and Gibbs all fell asleep at their desks.About two hours later,Kate woke up to a mummble.She looked and Camilla and noticed her starting to wake up.Kate quickly wrote a note to the guys telling them that she'll see them i nt eh morning and also thanked Dinozzo for lending Camilla his jacket.She took Dinozzo's jacket and went and out it over him.Kate picked Camilla up,who fell asleep on Kate again and grabbed her things and left.

The next day,Kate dropped Camilla of at playgroup and continued of to work.About an hour after she started doing her work she got a very important phone call about Camilla.

"Todd?".answered Kate to her phone.
"Hi Caitlyn,it's Ronald,the security guard from downstairs,um there's a little girl down here saying she's your niece and I think there's something big wrong!".said Ronald.
crap,Camilla.thought Kate.
"Ok Ronald I'll be right down there,make sure she doesn't go anywhere!".said Kate.
Then Kate hung her phone and instead of taking the elevator down stairs,she ran because it took shorter time.When Kate went downstairs,she found Camilla covered in Blood.Blood was all over Camilla,Kate didn't care that she would get bloode on her,all she cared about was comforting Camilla.So she picked her up.Kate went over to the security guard and thanked him.Kate went to the elevator and got in.When Kate up to her level,Gibbs seen blood and went crazy.Gibbs ran over to Kate but before her got to her,she shook her head no.Kate sat Camilla down on her seat and kneeled down in front of her so they could be the same height and so Kate could ask her some questions.

"There all dead.".said Camilla starting to cry.
"Hey,hey don't cry,who's all dead?".asked Kate.
"M-m-m-m rs Miller and all of-of-of-of the kids!".said Camilla started to cry even more heavily now.Kate hugged her even more tightly and Camilla hugged back.

"Honey,I hope you know that were going to have to go over there and have a look at the crimescene and have a look and do you mind going down tot he labs with Abby?".asked Kate.
"No I don't mind but do you promise that you'll come back?".asked Camilla.

When Dinozzo and Gibbs heard that they turned to Kate and Camilla a looked at them.They had tears in there eyes, they were about to cry.

"Yes Camilla,of course,of course I promise that I'll be back and I've never broken and promise,ok,come on lets take you down stairs to Abby's labs.".said Kate.

Kate took Camilla down to Abby's labs.When she left,Kate kissed Camilla and siad bye see you soon.Kate,Gibbs,Dinozzo and Mcgee went to the Day care centre together to check out the crimescene.

Meanwhile at the crimescene...............

Kate was the first of the four to arrive and go in.When Kate entered,she seen Mrs Millar over three children.probably trying to protect them,thought Kate.Just then Kate heard a cry comming from the back room.Kate went into the back room and found a baby crying.She picked her up and started to sing to her.

"Hush little baby don't you cry............".
Gibbs and Dinozzo came in and when they seen the site of Kate holding the little as she cried and her singing,they started to cry them selves.The paramedics had arrived.Kate took the baby out so the paramedics could have a look at the baby and to make sure that it's ok.Kate walked over to Gibbs.

"Um Gibbs this is Michelle Rogers' baby.".said Kate.
"Ok that's good um do you have her number?".asked Gibbs.
"Yeh i do i'll just give her a buzz and tell her what happened!".said Kate.

After Kate had finished on the phone with Mrs Rodgers,she went back inside to the crimescene and had a good look around.Kate stopped walking around when she seen something.It was a bomb on the top floor.

"AAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHH!".screamed Kate as to watch she saw.Gibbs and Dinozzo came runing very franctically up to Kate.
"Kate whats wrong?".asked Gibbs in her hurried voice.
"Um we have a slight problem Gibbs,there seems to be a bomb.".said Kate pointing to the bomb.
"ok Kate,pictures of the whole house,outside and inside,Especially of how the bodies are layed and were shot,Tony,find evidence down stairs while ill look upstairs.The we'll movve the bodies.".said Gibbs.

Two-hours and fifty-five minutes later,everything was done.They had fiveminutes to spare.Just then Kate heard a beep beep.Kate told everyone to run.Kate grabbed her bag and ran.As soon as Kate was down stairs inside a window,the bomb went off.Sending Kate out the window and her landing flat and painful.Dinozzo and Gibbs came running,they looked at her,she was cut and bruised all over her body.Kate tried to stand up but she just dropped to the ground.The paramedics came running over trying to amend Kate.
This story archived at http://www.ncisfiction.com/viewstory.php?sid=5198