Dirty Little Secret by Nikki202
Summary: Kate's got a dirty little secret. What is it? She's being stalked! But by who and how far will he go to get what he wants. Disclaimer: I own absolutely nothing. They don't belong to me and will be returned ASAP.
Categories: DiNozzo/Kate Characters: None
Genre: Angst, Friendship, Series
Pairing: DiNozzo/Kate
Warnings: Violence
Challenges:
Series: None
Chapters: 2 Completed: No Word count: 3068 Read: 3605 Published: 02/27/2006 Updated: 02/27/2006
Story Notes:
In my world Kate was only injured and Ziva is on the team too. The tateness doesn't begin until a few chaps in, but there will be slight reference. I haven't written NCIS fanfiction in awhile, my friend threatened me to make me write this, hehe. Thanks to Kate for making me write this! This ones for you girl!

1. Dirty Little Secret (chapter one) by Nikki202

2. Snail Mail by Nikki202

Dirty Little Secret (chapter one) by Nikki202
Author's Notes:
Kate's got a dirty little secret. What is it? She's being stalked! But by who and how far will he go to get what he wants.

Disclaimer: I own absolutely nothing. They don't belong to me and will be returned ASAP.
Kate sat stiffly at her desk as she read the email the seventh time over. She'd tried tracing it, but her attempts had been unsuccessful. She thought of asking Abby to run it, but that would mean spilling her dirty little secret.

"What is that?" Kate heard the newest agent ask and she immediately closed the email.

"None of your business Ziva," Kate snapped irritably.

Ziva just shook her head and looked at Tony. He smiled, always amused that the two could never get along. It wasn't like his and Kate's playful bantering, Kate really disliked Agent David.

After Ziva stalked off over to Tony's desk, Kate re-opened the email and re-read it yet again.

Dear Sweet Katie,

I do hope your headaches have gone away. Have the nightmares stopped Sweetie? I still here you talking in your sleep babe. Must have been hard, you almost died on that rooftop, didn't you. And then the new agent takes your revenge away. Poor, poor Katie. She bugs you, doesn't she, Katie. I've seen the way you treat her. Don't worry Katie, if you don't like her, I can get rid of her for you. Do you want me to get rid of her? Just let my know, my little cabbage, and I'll take care of everything.

Love Always
If you don't know by now
You'll never find out


Kate winced when he mentioned the rooftop. As discreetly as she could, she ran a hand over the small scar on her forehead. The bullet had hit her at an angle, causing it to bounce off her skull. Three weeks later, when she woke up, she'd had hallucinated that she wasn't the one hit. It had been Tony, they told her she'd screamed his name over and over. The fracture in her skull had caused it.

She ran her eyes over the email one last time, she knew she should warn Agent David, but dismissed the thought. It was just a harmless prank.

An IM appeared on her computer screen

Watchin-you101 says: Hey Sweetie

Kate1 says: Who r u?

Watchin-you101 says: You're the agent, figure it out. What about my proposal? Want me to get rid of David?

Kate1 says: NO!

She logged off her messenger service and noticed her heart was beating rapidly in her chest. Was he really watching her? The ringing of a cell phone interupted the quiet bustle of the bullpen. Ziva and Tony both reached for their cell phones, but it was Kate's.

"Agent Todd," she answered politely.

"My little cabbage, didn't you know it's impolite to log off without saying goodbye?" a mechanical sounding voice crackled over the phone.

"I'm going to have to let you go now," Kate told him rudely and went to hang up.

"I wouldn't do that if I were you," the voice told her. Kate lifted her arm slightly to signal the other agents, deciding it was long past the stage of secrecy. What would be the point. As she lifted her arm, the voice stopped her, "Don't you dare signal your fellow agents Katie."

Kate's eyes panicked as she quickly lowered her arm, surveying the vast room. Dozens of agents were on the phone, she looked at each one in turn, none of them seemed to be holding anything to alter their voice, but a device could easily be disguised.

"That's right Katie, I'm watching you," he told her, "Well babe I gotta go. Love ya."

A silence echoed over the line.

"Tell me you love me or I'll open fire!" The voice threatened angrily.

"Love you," she forced out and the caller hung up.

Shutting her phone, she finally noticed Tony and Ziva staring at her strangely, "What?!" She asked testily.

"Who was that?" Tony asked curiously, Kate's side of the call seemed tense.

"It was..." for a moment she was tempted to tell them, but she remembered that the man was somewhere in the vicinity, "...nothing."

"Are you sure?" Ziva pressed, her skills told her Kate was lying.

"I'm sure," Kate replied in a neutral, almost kind voice, "I'm going to get a coffee, you want one, Tony, Ziva?" Tony looked at her and raised an eyebrow. Kate was at most civil to Ziva during a case, but never kind.

"That sounds well," Ziva told Kate with a odd look.

"That sounds good," Tony corrected upon instinct.

"Right," she blushed a little at her mistake. She hadn't made one in awhile and usually she could expect a sneer from Kate. She didn't blame her, the agent was shot in the head, out for nearly a month and wakes up only to find she was replaced. The doctors had told them that she wouldn't wake up, they didn't think she'd be coming back. However when Kate woke up, Gibbs gave her back her spot of the team and allowed Ziva to stay on. Ziva had hoped they could become friends, but that didn't seem to be happening.

Kate didn't say anything, only forced a small smile. If she was going to (even if unitentionally) going to put Ziva in danger, she might as well be nice to her. And maybe then the man would rethink his plans.

"Alright guys, did you get all the paperwork done? We still don't have a new case, so that's what we'll be doing for awhile," Gibbs informed them as he entered the room with McGee on his heel.

Tony groaned and Ziva let out a short laugh. Kate simply headed to get the coffee, making a note to get Gibbs and McGee one too.

Upon returning, holding a tray that held multiple cups of coffee, she heard Ziva's voice as she came into the bullpen.

"Who are you?!" her voice sounded confused, but not frightened. Although agents didn't usually frighten easily.

"You're going to, are you? You're going to do that why?" a pause then,"Who wants you to? What...." then silence.

"What's going on?" Kate asked Ziva as she passed her a coffee, but the new agent pushed it back at her, "What?"

Ziva stared at her with a mix of hatred, disgust and disbeleif, "So you asked someone to kill me?"

Kate looked as if someone had slapped her, quietly she walked to her desk, put the tray down, sat in her chair and put her face in her hands. Gibbs stared, he looked completely at a loss (which is not a common occurance). Tony looked... Kate couldn't place the emotion on his face. He looked disappointed along with a million other things and none of them were good. McGee just looked shocked.

"Oh," the small word slipped out of her mouth. She lifted her face and looked at a different agent with each word, "I did not ask anyone to kill Agent David."

"What about the phone call?" McGee questioned seriously.

"I got one too, but it was different. Someone, I don't know who, has been contacting me, watching me and he noticed that I did not particularly like Agent David," Kate explained now that she was cornered.

"Which is why she never calls me by my first name," Ziva muttered quietly.

"Tell me more about this Kate," Gibbs demanded sharply.

"I can't," Kate whispered, the other agents noticed her eyes dart around the bullpen, "He's here."

"Scrap the paperwork," Gibbs told them, "We've got our new case."

If it had been another situation, Tony would've shot his fist into the air in celebration, but this wasn't means for celebration.
End Notes:
In my world Kate was only injured and Ziva is on the team too. The tateness doesn't begin until a few chaps in, but there will be slight reference. I haven't written NCIS fanfiction in awhile, my friend threatened me to make me write this, hehe. Thanks to Kate for making me write this! This ones for you girl!
Snail Mail by Nikki202
Author's Notes:
Kate's got a letter, but who is it from and what does he want? Ziva is what? You'll never believe Ziva's own dirty little secret.
Snail Mail

"Is this really nessecary?" Kate complained as Gibbs drove her, Ziva and Tony to Kate's apartment. Tony and Ziva had already picked up a few things for their stay.

"Yes, Kate, it is nessecary. I'm putting Tony on protection detail over you and Ziva until we catch this guy and your place just happens to be the largest," Gibbs told her sternly.

"Why do I get myself into these things?" Kate muttered in an exasperated voice.

"Gee, I dunno why?" Tony spoke up from the back seat, getting a small laugh from Ziva.

"Shut up," Kate snapped, "I'm really not in the mood."

"That's why I do it," Tony joked good-naturedly.

"Ziva...smack him," Gibbs ordered and was rewarded with a 'mfph' sound behind him, this time it was Kate's turn to chuckle.

Tony slumped in his seat like a sullen child and remained quiet for a total of thirty seconds, "So.... what does your place look like?"

Kate let out a long sigh before reporting, "We're here." They had arrived in front of a large apartment complex and Kate explained, "I have a flat on the top floor," when she heard a loud groan from Tony she added, "but there is an elevator."

"A little exercise going to kill you?" Ziva teased Tony as she got out of the vehicle and grabbed her duffle bag.

"Yep," Tony quipped.

"C'mon children," Gibbs strode towards the door with the others on his heel.

"Yes Dad," Tony muttered under his breath.

"I heard that," Gibbs remarked, now at the door. Kate quickly unlocked the front door of the apartment complex and everyone piled into an elevator. On the top floor Kate gave Gibbs the key and he unlocked it, "Tony, let's clear the place first."

The younger man nodded seriously and unholstered his gun, then the two of them entered the flat, guns raised, "Clear!" Tony bellowed from Kate's bedroom, "and nice underwear, Kate."

Kate ran a hand over her face, "I give up, he is just too childish."

"Some men never grow up," Ziva stated, trying to make a joke, but only got a glare in return. She looked down to the floor for a moment, tears coming in her eyes.

Kate looked at the other agent shocked, this wasn't like Ziva at all, "Ziva, I'm sorry. I didn't mean to..." Guilt came full force and she put an arm around her and gave her a light squeeze, "It's fine, okay?"

Ziva swiped at the tears, red faced in embarassment, "It's not anything," she wiggled away from Kate's arm and stumbled, falling onto the floor hard, "Damn it," she breathed through clenthed teeth as she clutched at her stomach.

"Agent David, is there something you aren't telling us?" Gibbs asked with a serious look as she pulled herself to her feet.

Ziva sighed resigned, "I'm well...I'm with child, as you say, pregnant."

"Shit," Tony muttered angrily under his breath.

Kate's eyes went in a tennis match between Ziva and Tony as she asked with stony eyes, "Who's the father?"

"Jay, my boyfriend, why?" Ziva answered honestly, but with some discomfort and immediatly made Kate feel the guilt all over again.

"I was just wondering..." for some reason the name sounded very familiar.

"Great, this bastard is after you and Kate and you're pregnant. Great timing, Ziva," Tony felt the need to vent his frustrations.

"It's not like I planned it and it's not my fault I'm being threatened," Ziva shot back.

Kate just sighed and slumped in an arm chair.

"If you haven't noticed, the only blame here is on the criminal. Now I'm going to track him down. Please behave," Gibbs told them sternly before leaving and shutting the door loudly behind him.

"Well that was pleasant," Kate observed sarcastically, then changing to a more normal tone, she added, "Make yourselves at home."

"Where's the bathroom?" Ziva asked immediately, her hand over her mouth.

"Down the hall and to the left," Kate told her and watched as the newest agent ran down the hall. Both Tony and Kate heard her leave and the sickening sound of Ziva losing her lunch.

A moment later she returned with a forced grin.

"Agent David, you can have the guest room, it's right across from the bathroom and Tony, the couch is a pull out," Kate informed them just as the phone rang. Carefully she picked it up and answered, "Agent Todd."

"Hi mon-petite-chou," the other person answered and she knew who it was in an instant.

"What do you want?" She answered trying to supress her anger with no success.

"Well Sweetie, I want you to get someone to check your mail, but you can stay in the house. Bye, love you," Click, and then the dial tone. The stalker had hung up abruptly and Kate relayed his message.

"I'll go," Tony told them, "Ziva can't go in case he plans on sniping whoever goes, I'll risk it." He pulled on his bullet proof vest and opened the door tentatively, "Don't open the door for anyone except me, and keep your guns in your hands while I'm gone," and with that he was gone.

"Sorry I got you into this," Kate was the first to speak.

"Funny how it takes a situation like this for us to be civil with eachother," Ziva gave her a small smile.

"I guess it was just hard to come back after so long and find myself replaced," Kate confessed, "It wasn't you to be precise, it was the fact you were taking my place."

"I could never take your place, Tony adores you, in fact everyone seems to adore you. They wouldn't even let me use your desk at first. It's difficult to make friends when everyone treats you with hostility," Ziva told her the difficulties that came with her reason for joining the team.

"I never thought about it that way-" but she was interupted by Tony calling from the other side of the door.

"Let me in," they both noticed the strained tone, "There was nothing there."

Kate gave Ziva a look that clearly said 'hide now' and unholstered her gun, she hadn't thought it nessecary to heed Tony's advice, clearly she was wrong. When Ziva was safely stowed in the closet of Kate's bedroom, Kate swung open the door.

A slightly familiar man was holding Tony at gunpoint and pushed her co-worker into the room, "I thought I'd bring up the letter myself," he said waving an envelope and threw it onto the coffee table.

"Where's Ziva?" The man asked.

"Not here," Kate answered almost too quickly, the letter was now forgotten.

"I doubt that, sweetheart. It's not nice to lie," He told her condensendingly as he jabbed the gun harder into Tony's skull.

"She really isn't here," Tony followed Kate's lead and winced as the man pulled back on the hammer, making a clicking sound.

"Where is she, NOW!" His eyes looked as though they were on fire and neither agent spoke. A small bang came from the silenced gun and Tony fell to the ground.

"No!" Tears dripped from Kate's eyes as she dropped to her knees beside Tony and was relieved to find he'd be struck in the vest. The bullet had hit where his lungs should have been, knocking the breath out of him, causing his loss of consciousness.

Grabbing her hair in one hand he pulled her away from Tony and threw her to the floor a couple feet away. He confiscated her gun and turned back to the fallen man. He pulled a long length of rope from his small duffel bag and tied Tony's wrists and ankles together tightly. He finished off by tying a rag securely around his mouth.

He patted Tony's cheek lightly and returned to where Kate lay, tears streaking down her face, "Aww, don't cry sweetheart, I'm here," he pulled her into a hug, "I didn't mean to hurt you."

Kate tried to pull away from his touch and it was obviously the wrong thing to do. He smacked her brutally across the face, pulled her to her feet and bound her wrists behind her, "Why don't we find your new friend? It's funny how you get along now, isn't it?" He basically repeated the same phrase Ziva had mentioned earlier as he pushed her forward.

Slowly, he searched the entire flat, saving Kate's bedroom for last as he pushed open the door, he called tauntingly, "Ziva?! Oh Ziva, come out come out where ever you are!"

With a smile, he looked under the bed and then swung open the closet door. Ziva was crouched at the bottom and his smile broadened at Ziva's scared look, "Jay? No, no no no. Not you, not again."

"Your not still mad about what happened three weeks ago are you?" He grinned evilly at her as he dragged her out of the closet after pushing Kate onto the bed.

"Ziva? What is he talking about?" Kate asked as she put two and two together and gasped, "He didn't..."

"We'd been seeing eachother for a couple months and I wouldn't let him...you know. He seemed okay about it and offered to make me dinner, it was drugged. He
r-r-r-aped me," again her face was filled with tears.

"I got you and now I want Kate. I always get what I want, as a matter of fact, I want both of you now," Jay quickly bound Ziva and pushed the two of them back into the living room.

Tony groaned through the gag from his spot of the floor, "Tony?" Ziva asked concerned, "Are you alright?"

He nodded difficultly and could do nothing as the man, Kate and Ziva now knew as Jay, forced the two women out the door and away from the safety it was supposed to provide.

Just as they left, the phone rang and Tony pulled himself over to where the phone lay, having been knocked over by Kate during the slight struggle. He used his nose to hit the talk button and heard Gibbs ask, "Kate? Are you there?"

On Gibbs side, all he heard was Tony's muffled yells.
End Notes:
Thanks to Kate and The Mythical Pen for there help in the brainstorming process. This is dedicated to them.
This story archived at http://www.ncisfiction.com/viewstory.php?sid=5225