Something Hinky by stingrayfan
Summary: What I would like to have seen happen at the end. In other words, Twilight denial lol
Categories: Gibbs/Kate Characters: None
Genre: Angst, Drama, Episode Related, Romance, UST
Pairing: Gibbs/Kate
Warnings: Violence
Challenges:
Series: None
Chapters: 1 Completed: Yes Word count: 962 Read: 3173 Published: 03/12/2007 Updated: 01/13/2006
Story Notes:
Well this is my first NCIS story, so be gentle lol. This will be a Kibbs story and is a WIP so if you like it please review! The more reviews the faster new chapters will get written!

1. Something Hinky by stingrayfan

Something Hinky by stingrayfan
Author's Notes:
What I would like to have seen happen at the end. In other words, Twilight denial lol
Well this is my first NCIS story, so be gentle lol. This will be a Kibbs story and is a WIP so if you like it please review! The more reviews the faster new chapters will get written!

Disclaimer: I do not own anything. They are all DPB's creation. I could only wish to be half as creative!






"Shooter" Kate yelled as she jumped in front of Gibbs to protect him. She landed with a loud thud as she hit the rooftop.

Gibbs and Tony turned around at hearing her shout and started firing. They hit the shooter several times before the shooter fell to the ground.

"Kate" they both yelled as they ran over to where she was laying on the ground. Tony rolled Kate over as Gibbs started unzipping her coat.

They both sighed in relief as they found the bullet stuck in the vest.

"Ouch" they heard Kate mumble.

"You okay?" Tony asked her.

"I just got shot at point blank range, DiNozzo, what do you think?"

"Your not going to be going to Pilates class tomorrow?" Tony joked with her.

Gibbs and Tony smiled and helped her to her feet. Gibbs began to undo her vest.


"Protection detail is over Kate"

"You did good" she heard DiNozzo say. She looked up at Gibbs and he smiled.

"For once DiNozzo's" Gibbs started to say as the hair on the back of his neck started to stand on end. Something didn't feel right. Gibbs turned his head just in time to see something move on top of the building across from him. He pushed Kate to the ground and yelled at Tony to get down as the first bullet whizzed by barely missing his left ear. Kate tried to squirm out from under him but he held her there. Tony rolled onto his stomach and aimed his gun towards the shooter, but he couldn't see anything. Tony yelled into the radio that they were under fire again and no one could see where it was coming from. Gibbs motioned for Tony to crawl closer.

"Tony crawl on your stomach over behind the part of glass that's raised up. See if you can look over towards the shooter without him seeing you. Do you have any ammo?"

"A few boss, but not much." Tony checked his gun.

"Okay, go." Gibbs waved him off.

"Gibbs, get off me, now" Kate yelled from beneath him. Gibbs rolled over to her side but held her down still with his arm. "Let me go Gibbs, I can help."

"No, you don't have any ammo, what are you going to do?"

"I don't know, but I don't need you here protecting me like I'm a child."

"I'm not Kate, I would do the same for any agent." Gibbs said back.

He watched as Kate rolled her eyes and then rolled onto her stomach. She spun around till she was facing the way the shots were coming from. Gibbs did the same and they both froze as they heard gunfire again. Gibbs looked back and saw it was Tony shooting. Several shots were fired before Tony stopped shooting and stood up.

"I got him" Tony yelled over to Kate and Gibbs. "Are you guys okay?"

Kate and Gibbs stood up. Gibbs moved over so he was slightly behind Kate, in case there more shots fired.

"We're fine, Tony, could you see who it was shooting?" Kate asked him.

"I'm not sure, but it looked like Ari from here." Tony said quietly.

"I knew that bastard would try something, he set us up." Gibbs turned back to look towards the building "McGee" Gibbs yelled into the radio.

"Boss, you guys ok up there?"

"We're fine. Tony shot someone on the building across the street, head over there and check it out, we're on our way down." Gibbs looked at Tony and Kate and nodded for them to follow him.

As they reached the ground McGee come across the radio again "Boss you better check this out".

The three of them broke into a run to the other building. They climbed the outside ladder to the top. Gibbs looked around and couldn't believe his eyes. In front of him was a snipers nest. There were several spent shell casings on the ground. Gibbs turned to look at the body.

"Oh my god" Kate put her hand to her mouth.

"This could be Ari's twin." Gibbs said as he walked over. "Look at the bullet wound. It's not the same as the ammo he was shooting. Tony you didn't hit him. He wanted you to think he hit him. He shot this guy and left him here."

"Why would he do that?" Kate asked. Something just didn't seem right.

"I don't know" as Gibbs spoke he looked over and noticed a small piece of paper taped to the end of the gun. He grabbed it from the gun and read it

We meet again my friend. Too bad you noticed something. I wouldn't have shot you, now that would ruin all the fun I have in store for you. We will meet again.

PS How is your precious Caitlin? Luckily for her you saw me, otherwise you would be looking for a new agent. I'll look forward to finding her again. She does live alone doesn't she?



What do you think? Should I continue or give up lol Hit the review button!!!
End Notes:
Well this is my first NCIS story, so be gentle lol. This will be a Kibbs story and is a WIP so if you like it please review! The more reviews the faster new chapters will get written!
This story archived at http://www.ncisfiction.com/viewstory.php?sid=5227