one way to spent a weekend by strebergeist
Summary: Tony and Kate work long after pissing Gibbs off. Now they are alone in the building...even the gateman is gone
Categories: DiNozzo/Kate Characters: None
Genre: Drama, First Time, Romance
Pairing: DiNozzo/Kate
Warnings: None
Challenges:
Series: None
Chapters: 4 Completed: No Word count: 2765 Read: 3120 Published: 02/13/2006 Updated: 03/28/2006
Story Notes:
PLEASE GIVE ME FEEDBACK!
I wanna know if you wanna more!

1. long work by strebergeist

2. the little black book by strebergeist

3. maybe, just maybe by strebergeist

4. story and history by strebergeist

long work by strebergeist
Author's Notes:
Tony and Kate work long after pissing Gibbs off. Now they are alone in the building...even the gateman is gone
Tony POV
It is silent. That kind of silence you keep looking for a pin to hear it fall. God, why had Gibbs such a bad mood when he has date? „Do all the files before you go!". Hell, this time we really pissed him of! Well, at least it wasn't all my fault! Katie had something wrong, hehe! No, it's not funny, but fuck, we got this guy! Gibbs had also could yell at us and then sent us into weekend. Ok, we pushed the line but it was good work in the end! But no! Instead of a hot date I got a hundreds of files!

Tony and Kate sat in the bullpen until nearly two o'clock. „Done?" asked Kate.
„Yup! Finally!" answered Tony and started to grab his gear.
Kate sighed of relief when they stepped into the elevator. „Nice weekend!" said Tony reaching out for the door. But he ran into it instead of open it.
„Ouch!" he said, sitting on the floor.
Kate surpressed a laugh. „You alright?"
„Sure!" he stood up as if nothing had happened and tried to open the door again. It doesn't move.
„Em, Kate?"
„Tony, I wanna go home! So could you hurry up a bit?"
„Well, you know..." he kept trying „There is a tiny problem!"
„What?"
„It's locked!"
„Locked?"
„Yep!! Locked! No one is here anymore! I guess the gateman forgot us!"
Kate tried to get to the door.
„What? Do you think I'm to weak to open a door?" asked Tony when Kate was pushing and pulling on the doorknob.
„It wasn't weak what came to my mind, but you're right! It‘s locked!"
„What now?" sighed Tony.
„We could climb out the window!"
„They don't open!"
Kate tried it anyway.
„You're right! Who built window which don't open!"
„I already asked that question!"
„We could break them!"
„Do you really think the windows of the NCIS building are breakable?"
Kate gave him an annoyed look.
„I guess we have to stay here!", she sighed.
„Well, it's could be funny!" he grinned.
„Funny?"
„Yeah, think about it! We are completely alone! We can go eveywhere, look in every drawer, maybe we find out something new! Some secrets!"
End Notes:
PLEASE GIVE ME FEEDBACK!
I wanna know if you wanna more!
the little black book by strebergeist
Author's Notes:
mainly the same
Kate wated a second.
„But where to start?" she asked and Tony gave a cocky smile.
„Gibbs!", they chorused but then looked at eachother.
„He would knew!", Kate said.
„Yeah, but it's too..."
„Interesting!" Tony nodded and they started to get to the desks. While Kate got McGee's desk Tony went over to Gibbs‘ place.
„You use gloves?" asked Kate after a few moments when she looked over to him.
„Rule 2! Always wear gloves!"
„Yeah, on a crime scene!"
„If Gibbs finds out, this will be a scene! And I will certainly not be that stupid to leave my prints everywhere!"
„You're paranoid!"
They got back to „work"
„God! McGee is more than boring!", Kate said frustrated after half a hour. She sat down in his chair.
„Ohohoh! Look at that!" Tony showed her a little black book.
„Tony, it's just a adress book." She said a bit annoyed.
„No, Kate! That is not just a adress book! It's a small black adress book!" she raised an eyebrow.
„Kate, that's a chic book! The little black book! Men use books like this for phone numbers of women they date!"
„Great DiNozzo! Then it'll have, I guess, five numbers in! Three of his ex wives, one of the girl he had in high school and that mysterious redhead of his!" she smirked.
„It's full!"
„What?"
„It's full! There are hundreds of numbers in it!"
„WHAT?", she jumped up and looked over his shoulder.
„I can't believe this!"
„Well, Ducky once said Gibbs was like me, but I didn't really believed him!"
„Me neither!"

TBC
End Notes:
PLEASE GIVE ME FEEDBACK!
I wanna know if you wanna more!
maybe, just maybe by strebergeist
Author's Notes:
Tony and Kate try to get the time over
"Ok, Tony, that was, well, fun but don't you think we should better try to get out of here? At least it's nearly three AM and nobody had shown up!"

"Yeah, you're probably right."

Tony and Kate stood there unmoving.

"Call Gibbs!"

Kate finally said and Tony turned shocked to her.

"Why me? You call him!"

"You call him!"

"No you!"

It took at least twenty minutes of arguing before Tony went over to his own desk. He picked up the phone and dealt Gibbs' cell phone number.

One ring...

Two rings...

Three rings...

Tony looked pleading at Kate.

"DiNozzo? I hope it's important."

"Em, hey boss,..."

"We got a case?"

"Well, em, actually..."

"DINOZZO!"

"No, we don't have a case but you see, the prob-"

He looked at the phone.

"He hung up on me."

He said shocked to Kate. Not that it was shocking that Gibbs hangs up without saying good bye or anything but at least normally he listens when you say something.

"Well, it's three am!"

"He haven't slept Kate."

" Yeah, but he had a date! What do you think he was doing?"

Tony looked at her and they both shuddered at the thought.

"Ok, next topic!"

It took more than three hours before they realized, or accepted that they wouldn't get out of here soon.

Kate came back from the bathroom but there was no sign of Tony.

"Tony??"

"Huh?"

He looked up from behind his desk where he was sitting on the floor back against the wall.

"What're you doing?"

Kate looked at the magazin and the pen in Tony's hands.

"Crosswords."

He bit on the pen looking extremly concentrated. Kate looked around for something to do and sat next to him.

"Can I join you?"

Tony looked into her eyes.

‚Wow! I never noticed how intense his eyes are.' Kate thought as they brightened with a smile.

You could think crosswords would get boring soon but Tony made a huge fun out of it. Crosswords are boring, to be honest so he decided to make a game. Everytime they had found a word the one who found it or whose turn it was had to make up a story with that word.

Well, yes, Tony's stories had nearly every time something to do with sex but they were funny, too.

Very soon Kate was more than happy to be stucked with Tony, who made everything to fun, instead of McGee or worse Gibbs. Well, the possibility that any gateman could forget Gibbs was against zero but hey, they also forget them...


They sat there for quiet a while now. Kate couldn't remember what time it was and actually she didn't care.

She had to admit that she had had no idea that Tony could be that much fun. For the past ten or fifteen minutes he was telling one of his made-up stories for their little game but she didn't hear a single word. All her mind was bound by his full, soft lips. His white teeth when he smiled. The sparkle in his eyes when he looked at her.

This sparkle wasn't really new, she had seen it often, actually everytime he looked at her. She just had never recognized it. It was somethinng she only saw in his eyes when he looked at her. It was his special "Kate-look" and he had reserved it for her.

Kate smiled softly at that thought. It was cute. Special "Kate-look".

Maybe, Kate thought, just maybe Tony isn't all that bad...


Tony kept telling. He had forgotten what his story was about long ago but Kate didn't seem to mind.

The reason why he was still talking was that little smile of her. A bit sleepy, a bit sheepy but honestly. He liked that smile but they, Tony inspecial, didn't recieve it often.

Maybe he should tell her the truth about all those girls. He was dating, hell yeah. He had never made up a date but he just didn't sleep with everyone of those women. His sexual partners were always a bit more special to him. It even could be that one or two, maybe more, really started to mean something to him but he always broke up right then or even before. He never let anybody near enough to hurt him and all those years he lived after the rule: kill or get killed, well more like hurt or get hurt...

Kate eyes were half close but he could see her gaze on his lips.

Maybe, Tonby thought, just maybe Kate would make a difference...
End Notes:
PLEASE GIVE ME FEEDBACK!
I wanna know if you wanna more!
story and history by strebergeist
Author's Notes:
Tony stars to open up
Tony and Kate still sat at the floor behind Tony's desk. The crossword was filled long ago and for the past two hours Tony had told her another story with her head on his shoulder.

He didn't know if she was asleep and actually he didn't care, he just kept talking. Talking stopped him from thinking about the possibility lying on his shoulder.

It stopped him from hearing the little devil who told him to take her into the breakroom and kiss her senseless, and a bit more.

It stopped him from hearing the little angel who told him to be a good boy. To not make Gibbs angry. To not risk his job and the chance to see her every day.

It even stopped him from hearing the devil who told him to kill the damn angel and take what he really wants.

A soft reddish light started to fall through the windows. It was that very moment that Kate woke up, or rose her head, who knows.

Both agents stood up and walked over to the not-openable windows and watched the sun slowly rising.

"I never noticed how beautiful the dawn is from here."

Kate said dreamly.

"I never noticed any dawn from here."

Tony said confused.

"Wierd though! How many nights have we spent here already?"

"Uncountable, like your women."

Kate answered with a teasing tone. She already regretted it. This was a perfect moment. Well, yes they were locked in the building with no way out. Yes, this was not the most romantic place she could imagine.

But, hey, she was there, with Tony, completely alone. The sun was rising and everything was lightened by a red light and seemed more soft than usual. Even Tony seemed more vurnable, more near.

Actually, now that she looked at his features, she thought she saw hurt on them, was it from her comment?

"You know, they weren't that much..."

His voice was low. Now he would confess, well at least a bit. He would make the huge mistake to make a complete idiot of himself and tell her how he really feels. But somehow he thought this was the right moment to take a step towards her.

Maybe this was not only the right moment, but the last chance. When will he ever have the opportunity to talk to her completely in private. And he was pretty sure that soon some Petty Officer or Sargeant or what over would be shot, stabbed, beheaded or something else and the building would be crowed. Well, at least they wouldn't be alone anymore and they would be free to go and he was pretty sure if he doesn't do anything to deepen their relationship Kate would walk out on him without looking back.

"You mean you made up dates?"

Kate couldn't believe that they weren't that much. She couldn't really think of a week Tony hadn't at least one date, and only really few cases he had come out without any phone number.

"I did not made up dates! But I never said that I slept with all of them!"

"Yes, you did!"

Kate could swear that there was a small "Puff" and their perfect moment had vanished into thin air.

"No, Kate, I didn't!"

He turned so he could lock his eyes with hers.

A slight shiver ran up her spine. There was this sparkle, this special one, but it was dampened by something else. Something like hurt and deep emotions he hadn't let out ever. Not really emotions he had for her, well there were but they weren't what she noticed. They were emotions he had surpress for years, for more years than he knew her, maybe even his whole life.

It was because of his eyes that she believed him in some way.

He lowered his eyes and she didn't need to be a profiler to see that it was just a action to hide the pain underneath.

"I never said that. You all assumed it and I thought it would be better if I let you believe what you want to believe. I mean, yes, there were a lot but not as many as you think. And never I had completely meaningless sex. It always meant something."

Now Kate lowered her eyes. Slight feelings of guilt and regrett filled her. How did it happen that she was so wrong about him. She could see him now, for the first time it seemed. They worked together for more than two years now but it seemed that he was always wearing a mask, always undercover and maybe that's the reason why he was so good in that, because he always was acting.

Tony looked at her. Her eyes were focused on the floor. God, he hadn't felt like that since high school. Tony hated to let his guard down. The guard he had put up at college and became the one he was now. He was so damned good in acting that he sometimes nearly forgot who he really was.

And actually that's why he was acting.

He was a loveneeding kid, still, and it would never change. Somewhere deep inside he was still this boy he was in high school. Unloved by his parents, beaten by his classmates.

�Time to leave' rushed through his mind.

It was always a conversation like this one which made him move on. Everytime he opened up to his colluages or his boss or a girlfriend he didn't recieve what he wanted.

They never had said "It's ok, Tony." or "I'll make it better." not even a lied "I understand you." left their lips. His desperate search for a father, a family seemed to end here but he was pretty sure it was over now.

He didn't want to be like that. He didn't want to feel the pain he felt for years. But nothing seem to come from Kate. She didn't say anything to his confession that he played a trick on them only to let them think what they want to think.

Kate's mind was still working on this piece of information.

�First impression' seemed to be written over everything. Over the imaginary profiler files he had mentally written and stored about Tony.

If she was completely honest she had never tried to look past this every happy outside. She never tried to see Tony underneath DiNozzo.

But now she saw it. His family history, even if she knew less about it what actually only emphasized it, and his behavior. It never really fit together but he was right, it wasn't what she wanted to believe.

It's so much easier to work with DiNozzo than with Tony but now Tony was there and DiNozzo gone for the moment. She knew Tony would only show aslong as they are alone, soon he would be calling McGee Probie and recieve headslaps from Gibbs.

Her head was spinning from the thought that Tony gave her so much without thinking about it.

He had this sparkle, this smile, and Tony without act without cover. And that was all she wanted.

She also knew that this moment was very important for his life. When somebody who's acting all day long lets down his guard it's always important and meaningfull.

But nothing she could say seemed enough to show him what she thought. Nothing seemed to be acurate to show him that he, Tony, is welcome.

When she looked up at him he had already turned. He was slowly walking towards the breakroom and she wanted to slap herself for not saying anything but she just didn't seem to find her voice or words.

She turned back to the sun which were nearly fully risen by now.

One thing she knew for certain, she had to show him what she thinks of him, and soon, or they would all lost him and that's something she really didn't want.
End Notes:
PLEASE GIVE ME FEEDBACK!
I wanna know if you wanna more!

Ok, I know I stole a bit from eve, but I hope she'll forgive me!


Sorry, but I stopped Tate some time ago. So this won't be continued, except I'm in a really really strange mood.

And the angel/devil thing from Mel, sorry, was just fitting!

And I know this chapter is a bit depressing, I promiss the next will be funny again
This story archived at http://www.ncisfiction.com/viewstory.php?sid=5317